Speaker 1: So apparently Mike Florio said on one O five to three of the Fan Thursday morning, and this is a quote I did hear yesterday. You hear all sorts of stuff, and I don't like to traffic in stuff I've only heard because I don't know how accurate it is. But I did have somebody tell me that the Cowboys have talked to the Titans about moving up to the number one pick.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. I mean, that is just crazy on every level this team.
Speaker 1: That I just I mean they first of all, look, I don't know what they would be trading up to number one to get. That's why I don't think there's any truth to it. I mean there's in other words, So he goes on there and he says, look, I'm about to say something crazy. I can't verify, and I don't do it, but I'm going to go ahead and say it.
Speaker 2: Watch this. So I don't think there's any validity.
Speaker 1: Too that the guy who's gonna go number one is basically a Micah Parsons starter kit.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh well, Travis Hunter, No, I don't have number one on that dual carter. Yeah, I thought Travis Hunter he number one. He wears number eleven. Is he from Penn State?
Speaker 2: Penn State? Yeah, the problem is he's got a foot thing that he's gonna have to drop foot, get a surgery on or something. Maybe he will, he will be ready for training camp and all that. So no worries.
Speaker 1: So is this a new development? I guess I had spent all year thinking Travis Hunter was the number one picks.
Speaker 2: Best off, it's a player, so yeah, okay, but also is he the best defensive player? That's the whole thing? Oh like that why you wouldn't draft him number one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean Bill Carter as a pass rusher?
Speaker 1: Right, so yeah, just hypothetically, what if the Cowboys did want to move up to the number one pick?
Speaker 2: How expensive would that be? What would they have to give up Michah Parsons? Uh, next year's first, maybe this year's second or next year's second rounder?
Speaker 1: Wait, they wouldn't have to give up this year's first also? Well yeah ye yah twelve? Yeah yeah, so Micah twelve and next year's first. Unless Nico's running the Titans than nothing.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, orts joke. You can have to Marcus Lawrence is he under contract? I'm not sure what the deal is on him, I know. I think it's he's got to decide if he's coming back or not. Caivins made comments that sound like he's probably not. I thought he I thought his contract was over, but had it too. Yeah, I'm actually not sure on that. I just find out. Uh, okay, So this is absolutely ludicrous. No matter. They're not doing that in a million years.
Speaker 1: There's there's not a guy that makes sense to go do that for right if they if they needed a quarterback and there was a quarterback there that made sense, you could understand that. But that's not what their situation is. Honestly, what they need to do is trade the other way. They need to trade back and go get more picks. What are you saying, Okay, well, I gotta disagree with what Skin just said. Okay, I don't know, but if you need what you could use a wide receiver and a cornerback. Right, he's not playing every down two way, maybe not every down, but he doesn't have to play every down, so your ways to So you think he's a full time cornerback that occasionally plays receiver.
Speaker 2: Who ends up making what the top tier pass rushers make thirty five million dollars a year, which that'll soon be forty or whatever once Mike I signs his deal. But the point is, if you thought you were getting a two way player who's still giving you snaps on both sides, doesn't matter. He's giving a good to a player, and he's good or really good at both ends, right, then you don't have to pay him like thirty million dollars for your wide receiver work and thirty million dollars for your cornerback work.
Speaker 1: But you know you're saying it's a bargain. You're saying it's a bargain, So go get the player that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and every NFL team besides the Titans, I believe has been reported besides the Titans have him as a two way player. The Titans think he's just a cornerback.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you understand what I'm saying, right, if you have to be primarily one, like Dion was a two way player, but he just kind of did some offense every now and then, but he was an everyday cornerback, you would not spend them. You would not trade Micah Parsons and and.
Speaker 2: Your number one?
Speaker 1: Are they twelve? Trade Micah Parsons? You're twelve and a second round pick to get a full time wide receiver, you would and you probably wouldn't do it to get a full time cornerback.
Speaker 2: But it's a starter on both sides. He's not going to be a fude.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: I mean he every college game he played like one hundred and twenty snaps. But he's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: The other thing is this, the Cowboys defense is only good when Mike is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you so you'll probably sign Micah and you know, just move on. But that's what it would take unless you wanted to do maybe there was a way to do it. So let me all in picks and you signed Micah. Let's now, let's let's make this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would well I don't know, uh, but let let's leg at it this way.
Speaker 2: Let's look at it at all.
Speaker 1: Right, we're going to give up Micah and the number twelve pick and a second round pick next year to do it. All right, So how much better is defense without Micah Parsons? But you've added a cornerback of course? Yeah, of course, yep, yeap. So there's nothing that makes sense for them to do it. They need to trade back and get more picks. They might have just missed on their last two first round picks. I have opinions on what they need to do, and it definitely involves offensive line and defensive line, the boring stuff.
Speaker 2: And twelve's fine, that's a good spot to be there for that. I think.
Speaker 1: If the running back conversation gets tricky and it is interesting, I'm not a big fan of it there, but maybe, And that's where I think this is.
Speaker 2: I think you could stay there at twelve. I don't want them to get it backwards like they like, this is the fear right. You had Travis, you had Zach, you had Tyron, you built it up, then you took Zeke, and I don't know what Zeke looks like if he's playing behind the New York Giants offensive line, which this might be, and then you have Saquon running for three yards of carry. So I want them to get it right that way. And I think you can do both. I think you can get a running back later in the day and you can get off it's a lineman or if it's a blyman. The other thing is are they going to sign Osa? And that's what they got to figure out too well. Mike Fisher reported this morning they're gonna give him a twenty plus million dollar deal and it's not gone. I haven't heard another word on that since I saw Mike Fisher's tweet at eight am this morning. So you've been do you have his do you have his account? Start pops up? You know it pops up? Yeah? What is he reporting that for? Um? You know, I don't know. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, it probably smart of Florio to throw that out there.
Speaker 2: I've never thought of him as that kind of guy. Maybe he is that, Oh Florida, that's just oh, the biggest dotion media. I hate that guy. Just total fake story. He has a son of a bitch. Just fake story. Guy. They can't tell you something. So I missed the first thirty seconds of the show that it was much more than that. It wasn't a minute, really, I just mistimed it. I miss timed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my coffee as walking on holl You know how we have like promotions girls over there. Okay, I'm distancing from this too. I wanting to do with this conversation of whatever you're doing. I like when you like yell that I'm distancing from something. You're kind of saying. I am guilty. Hold on, man, I gotta get away from this one. But you know how we have like three four like part time. They're not up here every day and they're you still there. Sometimes I'm like, are they doing arts and crafts?
Speaker 2: I mean I said literally the other da I saw him cutting something and I was like, what's happening? So I was walking in the hall down the hallway right, I just had my coffee, moved everyone, and as I turned the corner, I hear the loudest burp of all time. My god, what?
Speaker 1: And I walk and I see the two promotions girls who are probably college aged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm making eight dollars an hour. They're by the printer trying to fix the printer. And I go, WHOA, what happened over here?
Speaker 1: And I was walking because I kind of knew I was cutting it close so and thinking I was thinking more about the show than I was.
Speaker 2: And I think I embarrassed him. Who was it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Never I mean, I've seen him. I know there's always out there doing the work.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was one of our promo girls just had to have been the only people in the hallway.
Speaker 4: Amazing, but there and they acted.
Speaker 2: And they kind of acted like okay, but.
Speaker 1: There was two together, why wouldn't one throw the other one under the bus?
Speaker 2: Go yeah, Jesus Jamie.
Speaker 1: And there's some guys and offices over there, could have been one of the guys on this is in this hallway right here, where is like this corridor that's the vacant one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really never anyone there right right edited right by that printer. Whoa, what happened over here?
Speaker 4: You should have complimented them then they would have admitted to it.
Speaker 2: I should have got adapt him. Yeah, man, that smells great. That whole encounter reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 1: About the Cowboy song said.
Speaker 2: Dark time bocus right now you're ready's.
Speaker 1: Right, it's right right, right time to do one.
Speaker 5: Poor came with Effan with ill show you're gonna ruling it, except with similar street pursuing it. Donold out Shaw shank through the sewer, kid now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three a clock on the dock, got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get craddic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit to the end.
Speaker 2: Zone out crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I want a hang out with my friends, rocking on the radio, my home on Moy's hands, talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to this wall kid.
Speaker 2: All we got team radio, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to get your opinion on how do you even deal with something like this? So I have a cabin that you can rent or you know, lease or whatever on Airbnb. It's in the Broken Bow area. So the way that whole thing, I don't really handle it day to day. We have a management company that deals with it, and it's sort of a hands off thing, like, for example, my daughter's going there this weekend. Right, So in the whole Airbnb world, if there's a bad review, it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all hands on deck, what do we do? What are we going to do here? So I want to read this review.
Speaker 1: Oh and I want to see what you how you guys, would how do you even address something like this? Because you can go in there or I can't. The management team can go in there and they can respond. Three out of five stars. The cabin was deaf, only beautiful. It's located in a great area with lots of fun things to do.
Speaker 2: Only bad thing. I have to say, is the cabin is haunted.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, everyone in my family had experienced something, even our service dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's the review. Are you allowed to have a dog there?
Speaker 4: We do allow yeah, but also three out of five because it's haunted.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I mean it's beautiful, there's lots of great things to do, but every the dog had a haunted experience.
Speaker 2: Do you think a dog for their service if their service dog, I do, absolutely, Okay, I do too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this ultimately, yeah, this type of publicity could be great for your cabin, Like I think it would lead to more people renting it than less. Right, yeah's looking for some fun to do and broke a book, Go rent this haunted cabin.
Speaker 2: I mean theoretically yes.
Speaker 1: And then I thought about, all right, can I send a link to this to haunted house hunters or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's the thing out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the way that the Airbnb works, like, ooh, we're gonna pull your cabin down when we start showing people cabins because here's a bad review because of a ghost, because of the ghost that the dogs, even the dog saw it well.
Speaker 4: And it didn't even hurt them like, did you have a bad experience with the ghost?
Speaker 2: Right? That's that's all Daisy left? So I really don't know. Oh my god, can we get them on the show?
Speaker 1: Can you get a contact number and we could reach out to him and just say, hey, Fin, what happened? Are you willing to come on the show and let's talk about what went down?
Speaker 2: That's possible. Maybe I don't know. Let me look into that. Okay, did the girl from the ring crawl out of the TV screen like that?
Speaker 4: I would understand a low review.
Speaker 2: It was haunted. It's very vague.
Speaker 1: I was talking to the guy who runs the management companies, like, you know, it's out in the wilderness. There's possums and things, right, It's like, what are you supposed to even like I don't even know how to respond. I was like, man, let me come up with something and I'll send it to you and you can decide if you want to post it or not. So everybody was haunted? So a husband or wife, kids, and service dog? All How was the service dog haunted? Service dog sounds like a real pee, Yeah, like a ghost dog was there?
Speaker 4: Maybe the dog was growling at nothing right or what they think is nothing when actually it was probably a possum or squirrel or any other I mean it.
Speaker 1: Said everyone in my family had experienced something.
Speaker 2: Now how vague is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone in my family experienced something, even our service dogs, oh, multiple service dogs.
Speaker 2: Is it mandatory to leave a review? I don't think so. All right, So if you're going to take the time to leave the view, you should detail it. Yeah for sure. Yeah. I mean most of these reviews are really good, line.
Speaker 1: Short in I think you should leave their situation where somebody has a service dog and he goes, what do you even have?
Speaker 2: And she goes, what like to need a service dog? Like, what do you even have? I mean, nice to find out. I would like to find out what Daisy has.
Speaker 1: It is very much like the Bill Birthing where they're letting people go at the very front of the airplane. He's like, wait a minute, which one of you guys actually saw action? I don't think everyone who serves should get this treement as long if you saw action.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it, but you know she's gotta doing some desk work. We'll get the pro shops.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have any Are you hesitant to let your daughter go up and stay at your haunted cabin. No, no, no, I think she needs a good scaring now. She's stayed there before, and she's never been haunted, and she her and her friends take great care of it.
Speaker 2: So, oh man, this might get booked out for the next five years if please start branding this as a haunted cabin rightously. Vin's got a point, right name, Yeah, I didn't murder happened here or something I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the old haunted cabin on the hill. We'll call it terrified in the trees. Come on out and experience the scariest day of your reviews.
Speaker 2: To be like, dude, nothing happened. I was promised you good haunting.
Speaker 1: Well, then we'll hire someone to be a fake ghost. Right all right, there you have it. There's the intro segment. We are off and running today on a Thursday, February twenty seventh. Coming up next, KT, where you gonna take some in the Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 2: A confusing story here one of Hollywood's greatest actors found dead with his wife and dog. What happened next? All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle.
Speaker 1: You know we're the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball, the game with the Hornets. We'll be on our airwaves tonight. You can hear pregames starting at seven and then the tips at seven thirty. And we got Mavericks tickets to give away. It is the Detroit Pistons game Man. The Pistons are good and they will be in town March twenty first, and that's a Friday night.
Speaker 2: We got tickets to give away to it.
Speaker 1: So the first person using the iHeart app, there's a talkback feature on it. That iHeart app allows you to stream content and play podcast, listen all that stuff, and we like to use that to give away stuff and reward people that listen to the show. So the first person that uses the talkback feature leaves their name, their phone number, and their email address and the answer to the question. We talked about it the first segment, What was the reason that someone left a bad Airbnb review on my cabin up in Oklahoma and broken bow?
Speaker 2: We told you why.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, you know, first person that leaves that talkback message, bam, you are going to get those tickets. Good luck everybody. We got sports coming up in thirty minutes. The Today game, which is never podcasted. You have to listen live.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this juicing news hot God.
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 2: Come stay on top in the shovel shut right. Actor Gene Hackman, ninety five years old, was found dead in his New mex To go home with his wife, Betsy Arakawa. She is in her sixties. She was a pianist. Apparently Jeane was found in something called a mudroom. This is in Santa Fe Now a mudroom. I didn't fully know what that was.
Speaker 1: We used to have a mudroom. My mom always had names for rooms and pieces of furniture and like whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: I think it means like for us, our mudroom was in between like the garage and the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the house. He has to take your shoes off. Yeah, we have a mudroom.
Speaker 1: It's basically it's like you've been described, and usually there's it's basically a transitionary where you hang coats and you put your dirty shoes A good idea. Yeah, Usually they'll come off like a garage into a laundry room or something like that. Most of the time it's for areas where there's a tremendous build up of mud.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, man, the Gene Hackman death might be the best thing that's happened to mudroom sales in years. Yeah, they're going to skyrocket. Betsy Arakawa his wife. Why are you saying it like that? Oh? Betsy all right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: She was found dead on the floor of a bathroom. Oh. A dead German shepherd was found between ten and fifteen feet away from her in the closet of the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Christina had no reaction to Betsy ar Okawa being found dead, but the German shepherd elicited a reaction.
Speaker 4: Look, it's just like movies. When people die, I'm like, okay, man, that kind of sucks, But when a dog dies, no, I'm out.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned this before. It was the made for TV movie about the Hindenburg. It was probably a seventh grader and at the end of the movie they showed the faces of everyone that died. I'm just sitting there watching it, and then they showed the dog that died on the Hindenburg, and I just lost it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that because we think that humans probably have done something bad at some point, so it doesn't bother us as much. But the dogs are always hundred percent innocent. I think that probably has something to do with it. Yeah, is that why you didn't have any sympathy for any of the other deaths.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's very sad. But yes, all dogs do is love you. That's all they do.
Speaker 2: You think about I'll say not true to the stray dog that ran up to me yesterday when I went on a walk.
Speaker 1: He was also attacked by dog. Christina, what do you have to say to defend that dog? That dog attack Kevin Turnerman shepherd too.
Speaker 4: He might have smelt something on you or something.
Speaker 2: Did you have a did you have a bunch of ham in your pocket? Yeah? I think I was hearing some mutton the other the thing two years ago. Dogs you never go, oh, who's a bad boy. They're a good boy.
Speaker 4: But the owners could ruin the dog. And that's why people are horrible.
Speaker 1: So this is how we're gonna remember Gene hack Shean's in the mudroom dead, Betsy's in the bathroom dead, German Shepherd ten feet away in the closet of the bathroom dead.
Speaker 2: Huh, all right, really weird. Then, and then it gets reported by the way that no foul play suspected. So what happened was a maintenance worker was scheduled to come to the house yesterday afternoon. He walked in. I guess the mud first sees Gene goes in and he calls authority, so that's that's who's found them. The Then then later in the day, so it's reported early this morning, no foul play suspected, and then by about noon I saw, well, suspicious play, a suspencion. This says they're ruling this suspicious and they're launching an investigation. They did find an open prescription bottle and scattered pills near the body of Betsy on the counter in the bathroom. But scattered pills is that two pills? Is that nine pills? Is it fifteen? You know, it doesn't really say. The fire department did not find signs of a carbon monoxide leak, and there were no obvious signs of a gas leak in the home. I have a prediction. Shoot shoot score.
Speaker 1: Gene Hackman, who is ninety four five ninety five, passed away in the mudroom from being ninety five. Betsy saw this and was so distraught she couldn't move. She couldn't live without Gene Hackman. She went to the bathroom and took her pills to ode and hit the ground, and then the dog ate some of the remaining pills, and so Betsy and the dog died of prescription pill death.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's two other dogs that did not eat any of the pills.
Speaker 1: They were smart enough, not because they were like, oh that dog over there didn't the pills didn't work out.
Speaker 2: We should go in here and hump something. I imagine they weren't living in a small adobe either, because they did say two other dogs found on the property. No, go, okay, you know they were writing a tractor. Okay, I do worry about that.
Speaker 1: Anytime I dropped anything on the ground, I assume my dogs are gonna eat it.
Speaker 2: So if she dropped pills on the ground, there's like, I.
Speaker 1: Can't remember what it is now. We had to do with Rocksy or Luca not too long ago. So one time it was your dog, Yeah, Luca's my dog. Luca ate a bunch of asprint or something. I don't remember what it was, and we're like, ah G did it. No, we had to take her to the vet and they do this thing and it costs fourigner bucks or whatever. It's way too expensive. Then she did it again like two weeks ago. She was eating this like bone thing you know that you're supposed to chew up and it's good for your teeth. And she was panning really hard, and I was like, that thing's lodged inside her. Yeah, And so I was like, I don't want to go to the vet at for you know whatever. It was late at night. I want to go to the vet and pay him the money.
Speaker 2: So we gave her.
Speaker 1: Some little oxide something or other to make her throw up, and she threw up this thing that had been lodged inside her.
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: It was that bone.
Speaker 1: The bone got stuck in her in her passageway, and that thing made her throw up and it cost us nothing. So yeah, if you can, if you that's a dog trick. If your if you think your dog took a bunch of ass brand or ate a bunch of chocolate, just give them the stuff and they'll throw up and you'll be good to go.
Speaker 2: So I have a few more details, but I would first I do like detective waves premise here thank you hypothesis both. In fact, I would like to award him a fake mustache and a magnifying glass temporarily, you know, you'll take it back if he's wrong. Yeah. If he's wrong, you'll be removed. But for now enjoying it. Yeah, use him on the LA broadcast tonight. Why would you want to give me a badge, a new watch, a hat? Okay. So once the Sheriff's got there, they found Betsy, Betsy lying on her side on the bathroom floor with a space heater near her head, which might go to your thing. Maybe she was trying to keep her head warm while she was dying out.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: The deputy terrible, detective man, give me a coffee. The deputy did say that he suspected that the heater could have fallen with her, like she could have fell, which now pills fall hurt her body showed signs of decomposition. Oh, already.
Speaker 1: He could have been there for okay, I could have been there for a while. So in this case, I'm changing my theory. Gene Hackman went in there and found Betsy had taken pills and the dog had taken pills, and he was rushing to go get help. And because he's ninety five, he died in the mud room as he was running to get help.
Speaker 2: Are you changing it? If you're changing it, I'm gonna have to take away the fake mustache, the hat. You don't buy that one. I just like the original. I'm gonna stay with your original. So the detectives have a gut feeling they don't really know what happened, but they do kind of.
Speaker 1: She she was so much younger, She had plenty of life to go, not a ton, but she was nothing before she met Geene. Yeah, she was aist. She was about to have the whole Gene Hackman empire. Allder herself apparently a.
Speaker 4: Famous penist, though she didn't want to live without him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think also he lost a lot of money in real time sports action.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did. I don't think that's true, and not a good thing to spread about him on this day. Yeah, she was a businesswoman, former pianist in decades long companion. Much more on her than that. It's a tragedy. Man's yeah, incredibly said, that's a tough deal. No, it really is.
Speaker 1: You want someone that you've admired their work forever. You want them to die peacefully. You don't want them to have a death. And now there's a bunch of controversy and weird stuff going on around.
Speaker 2: Although to live to be ninety five hell of a run.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, made it, you know, And he he aged really quickly, at least in my brain, because he just stopped making movies at some point two and four. Okay, so he's quit making movies in two thousand and four, even though he was arguably one of the greatest actors of all time. He just stopped when he still had you know, I guess, So how old would he have been this seventy five seven? Oh, she's aboubout at the retirement age unless he was going to run for president sixty three or whatever.
Speaker 2: So but he still could have kept making movies. He was choosing not to be in movies, right, Yeah, I don't know, man, I it seemed like he was still around because he's on TV all the time because of all these movies are on.
Speaker 1: But the other thing, But the other thing about Gene Hackman is go watch Bonnie and Clyde in nineteen sixty seven. He looked to be about thirty years older than he was and then stayed that age forever. All of a sudden, pictures showed up of him, I don't know, about six months ago and I was like, damn, yeah, Like he suddenly looked like he had aged like forty years overnight.
Speaker 2: Honestly, him and Hoosiers compared to him and the Replacements as the coach looks about the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, look at him in the French connection. It's like fifteen years. Hoosiers is fifteen years later, and he catolics the same. Yeah, but Hoosiers and the Replacements are they kind of near each other. Hoosiers would have been eighty.
Speaker 2: Seven, Replacements was two thousand, Okay. I would have thought Hoosiers was in the seventies, so Hoosiers was late eighties.
Speaker 1: And then coming up later, we'll talk about the films of Barbara Hershey, who of course was in Hoosiers. Well, didn't really care for that casting. Oh not a huge fan. Interesting did you like her in Last Temptation of Christ?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, coming up next and around the sports, where are we going to go? KTI media fight? Oh we've got a media fight. Oh we got some cowboys news and more. Yep, that's coming up next.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, you're listening to the Ben and Skin Show. In this segment right here is brought to you by her Tottle Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your whole life. Locations in Hurst, Mansfield, Arlington two look o wait, no man's hurt wait Mansfield.
Speaker 2: I did this a lot.
Speaker 1: I like Mansfield, Arlington and Fort Worth. Yes, two locations at Global Lickfield. Now one at the Dallas Farmer's Market. Congratulations on that. That's a brand new one Dallas Farmers Market. So if you're in the two, one, four, the nine seven two, you can now have Hurtado. Don't have to be in the eight one seven eight is exquisite. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have. Don't be mad at me. There's not one in Mansfield. It's not my fault. I don't know why I keep saying that. Anyways, before we get to around the sports, I gotta tell you guys about something I had the weirdest day yesterday. I yesterday, I had one of those days where I was just in a fog all day and I don't know why, but listen to some of the weird stuff that happened to me yesterday. I got up, got ready to start my day, never put on deodorant, badass. How'd you smell? I remembered I had not put on deodoran, and so I went to a CDs to get deodorant. By the way, it's gotten bad. At CBS's they've everything is locked up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I was like, just to get deodo, you have to like call s went over and they let you in so you don't steal it. Oh there's that much. But if you sign up to be a rewards member, then you can get access to a lot of those locked cases. I forgot about that. That's their gimmick. Now that's a good gimmick.
Speaker 1: And I did, like, you do worry about going to CVS because I just assume it's like everyone's sick, you know, and somebody don't touch anything.
Speaker 2: And neumal virus love Consumer Values stores yep? Is that what they're call?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I had no idea. I didn't either.
Speaker 1: I think I've heard that before and just forgot Walgreens. Have you heard what that stands for? That's a very elaborate acronym.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: It's worldly attitudes, living gorgeously, regretfully, engaging everything nearly soundly. So I had lots of different things that happened to me yesterday that my brain was just not there skinning. I had a meeting. I forgot all about it. I couldn't remember the name of three eighty. But this was the weirdest thing that happened. These are normal things, maybe so got like a Monday. This is pretty scary, though, because I was sitting at an intersection on my way to the office and I pulled forward to move through the red light, and I was like, why aren't the other cars coming? It never changed, the light never changed. I just drove right through a red light, like I don't know, I've looked up, so you were stopped there. I was at Spring Valley. I was at Spring Valley getting ready to go under the toll way and take a left on the service road of the tollway to head towards the office, okay, And I'm sitting there to red light, waiting and I'm just thinking about other stuff and I and all of a sudden, I just go ahead and pull up and go right through the intersection. And I look up and I'm like, why anyone else coming? I was like, oh, it is red.
Speaker 2: Smoking bottom of me. After effects are you on? Gunn? Thank God?
Speaker 1: Thank god that I survived that. That could have been really bad. Yes, it could have been t boned. It would have been all my fault. Frankels would have couldn't have done anything for me. Like, man, this is all you were actually representing the other guys. I've been dying for the Frankeles to come after you. You might have long Yeah, brain fog yet, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Listeners, here comes KT tweets were around.
Speaker 2: Now, it's cool around the sports. KT fun Tweets has all the sports. Yeah, do you want to hear about the sports media fight?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Jordan Schultz works for Fox. Here's what he put out a tweet yesterday. And by the way, everyone in the NFL world is at the Combine in Indianapolis, which is all together, like everything is close to each other in Indianapolis. It's kind of crazy. Is Eric Dickerson there? He's probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you never know, and I still consider him a part of the NFL world. But if he's not there, I understand.
Speaker 2: I have his location on let me just find out his location tracker and just on your phone where Eric Dickerson? Yeah, I never know. I'm tired with a lot of former NFL out Yeah, I'm a big deal Raiders Raiders minority owner Tom Brady. This was Jordan Schultz, reported. Jordan Schultz is a reporter for Fox. Raiders minority owner Tom Brady recently hosted Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford at his home in Montana, where they spent time together and went skiing. Brady has been actively trying to commit Stafford to join the Raiders and discussions are ongoing. Several teams are interested in Stafford if the Rams decided to move him.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's still under contract, but there's just a lot of chatter that they want to part ways.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and maybe he doesn't want to go back, and who knows.
Speaker 1: I'm question no, and I realized, you know, the other team has to be upset for this sort of thing, and maybe they've said no, no, go out there and see who wants you.
Speaker 2: But that used to be called tampering. Well, just keep in mind when Matthew Stafford was traded from the Lions to the Rams as a member of the Detroit Lions, he ran in too. Sean McVeigh and Hawaii, Yeah and resort together, dude, they were hanging out yeah, and they were plotting their trade that they knew was going to happen. They were like Hackey sacking together. And everyone kind of knows that Tom Brady's got a lot of pool and for the Raiders right now, now that could go away based on what Tom wants to do. But Tom's yeah, he's a minority owner, but he's got a lot to say. He has more say than Cuban does as a minority owner of the Mavericks right now. I was even didn't win six Super Bowls. I guess you can prove that.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Here's the point though that report by Jordan Schultz other they the wording is very important. Hosted him at his home in Montana, where they spent time together and went skiing Ian rapaport of the NFL network. Thirty four minutes later, okay, tweets. Raiders minority owner Tom Brady and rams Quebeck Matthew Stafford ran into each other at a ski resort in Montana. Sources say the meeting, unplanned, was not extensive or in depth, and did not include Brady quote hosting or quote recruiting Stafford, despite reports saying otherwise. Dun So, that's yesterday, but again, the whole NFL world is in Indianapolis, except Dickerson. I know exactly where this Starbucks is. That's right by Lucas Oil Stadium where everyone is in the Convention Center. There's a Starbucks. There's an interesting note that doesn't really matter much, but Jordan Schultz's dad is apparently the former CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz. But that's insane.
Speaker 1: It's just just a weird He's the man responsible for the Seattle SuperSonics no longer existing.
Speaker 2: What a jerk. Yeah, this is a report from Pro Football Talk. King Douche again, Mike Florio. I don't like this guy, but whatever. Rapaport was talking to an agent at the Starbucks Bucks right Schultz approached rap Report and said we need to talk. Rappaport replied, we don't need to talk. I do want to point out that Jordan Schultz is about six to two Ian Rappaport is about five to five. Like not the if they were gonna get physical. Schultz then made accusations about rapp Report. Rap Report regards these accusations as unfounded. The two men were essentially face to face. This is Florio saying all this, Yes, Schultz said, if you have anything to say, say it to my effing face. If this continues, we're gonna have an effing problem, Schultz says via text to Pro Football Talk. They does not recall using profanity. Rappitport then asked Schultz to step back. The incident was reported to the NFL Security. NFL Security has taken statements from multiple witnesses. Okay, Schultz told Pro Football Talk via text message, it really isn't anything too much. Ian and I had a verbal confrontation. It lasted a little over a minute. Multiple agents and reporters were nearby. Rap Report was the one who called security shortly after, but it never escalated further.
Speaker 1: I don't think, Yeah, I don't think you can be a football reporter and being around all those meatheads. If you're going to call security because someone's coffee is too close to you, it's over and he's already left, and he called security to say he worried it was a physical altercation.
Speaker 2: That's already over week. So so here's what happens. Probably is Brady's team, I'm assuming here or the Raiders. Text Ian Rapaport and go, dude, that is not what happened. When he needs you to text tweet this out. They're not hosting, you know, whether it happened or not to clear the tampering. But very pretty juicy, pretty funny, you know, in terms of a media fight, like we're all working in media, i'd love us. I want to say one, two three, and then say a name of the first person you'd like to punch in media.
Speaker 1: You have to punch one person in media. Yeah, say one, two three, and then everyone say their name. Okay, one, two three, MD.
Speaker 2: Who'd you say, Christine?
Speaker 4: I said myself, because you said you have to say their name or your name you.
Speaker 2: Want to punch yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't want to punch anyone in media beside, so I said myself.
Speaker 2: You know what, I gave up on punching people a couple of years ago to right like there's it kind of hurts the hand. Yeah, I mean I just like to punch people right before they're eating something.
Speaker 1: Though. Yeah, there's like ten people here in the on iHeart floor three I would punch before Christina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's three or four? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So who did you say? I think I said Kat, but I can't remember Kat.
Speaker 2: Who did you say? I don't remember Uh huh. Who do you think Kat said?
Speaker 4: I heard of McDowell somewhere.
Speaker 1: Say what you said, Dan Dallas? Yeah, Dann mcdell. Dam mcdell's in media. I would punch him so hard. He's in He's an independent, non corporate streaming. He's a creator. Yeah, he's a content creator. He came over to my house one time and refused to eat a delicious roast that my wife made.
Speaker 2: Kiss salmon and broccoli for that guy because he's a baggie. Yeah, I'm a bitch. This is The NFL Players Association does this thing every year, and I love it because it tells you some details about how the players are feeling about things. We're gonna have to listen to spend from the owners of the front office, and they ask all these player to give him a big poll. The treatment of families, food and dining area, nutrition is training room, all that stuff. The owner just all this stuff. The Cowboys finished tenth out of thirty two teams. They you know, fourth and treatment of families, which that actually makes sense. It sounds like a very Jerry Jones thing. Absolutely families, Yeah, sixth in the locker room you go through. So what I found though that was interesting to me is a couple of things they got in the locker room an A six out of thirty two teams, but a third of the respondents report ongoing plumbing problems in the locker room. Oh even since Travis Reddick retired. Yeah, it's crazy, right, that's insane. That was strange.
Speaker 1: So wait, I want to make sure because every body that leaves the Cowboys organization and ends up playing for the Texans goes and does a report with the ESPN saying, man, it was so hard to be in the locker room because people are looking at us all the time.
Speaker 2: But they got an A, they got an AM all right, because overall it is good. Head coach Mike McCarthy fourteenth out of thirty two teams. The players feel that McCarthy was highly receptive to locker room feedback on the team's needs. It last you know what, I don't know, but I gotta cherry too. It's got to be the coach of the North Carolina tar Heels. The players think ownerships contributes to a positive team culture committed to building a competitive team. But what I also like during all this is the teams that have some really crazy things to say, boy, the the Bengals seem like a trash organization. They do not provide daycare for their players and kids. They're well paid. The Rams too. They charged seventy five dollars for one kid and fifty dollars for each additional child got to pay? What the person? Why would that just be assumed that that's free. I just figured NFL, that's not the NFL. They billions of dollars. Just assume everything was taken care of them.
Speaker 1: That a lot of corporations will do that, like that's part of their benefits package. Hey, we have daycare here and all this stuff. But you usually think about it for people that are, you know, working in an industry where they're making you know, like sixty grand a year. Not guys were the lowest paid guys making a couple hundred grand. Yeah, the players aren't giving them a discount. Yeah true True food and dining area and Cincinnati. The Bengals gave it an f. They said the food is not fresh. Oh, the taste of food a four point eight two out of ten.
Speaker 2: I think. Uh, let's see where the Cowboys did struggle was training facility and an amount not not the facility but the number of like strength coaches and things like that which we'd heard had been reported training staff. They didn't feel like they had enough, not enough time for one on one treatments, not enough people on staff, things like that. That's where the Cowboys struggled. There was one that was funny about the chief coach.
Speaker 1: Came through there and cleared out a bunch of their strength coaches. The Chiefs had a have it.
Speaker 2: You know, they have a home game hotel, like a hotel. They say four home games. Cowboys used to do this. I don't they still do it. I don't think they they did with Garrett. They got an f on that they're saying, like these hotel beds are like not good to sleep on sometimes, like some of the previous occupants stuff was in there. And then the Patriots team team playing team travel, they're like, man that they've got the oldest team plane. They got enough. There's no Wi Fi on their team plane, so they can't binge watch TV shows or you know, just watch tape of their game or whatever. There's ashtrays on the seats and things like that, so Bob Kraft hasn't updated as a team plane. So there's your NFL fantastic work, Kevin.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, it's the Today Game, the only segment of this show that will not be podcasted.
Speaker 2: You must listen live or you'll miss it. And it's coming up next.
Speaker 1: This segment right here is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location in all of DFW, but it's so good that Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen was voted number one pizzeria and DFW by readers of The Dallas Morning News, So that speaks volumes if you're looking for some awesome pizza this weekend. They specialize in Dallas style pizza. They also specialize in Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza. They've mastered all five types, which is why everybody loves them and readers of the Dallas Morning News don't lie. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano is legit. But right now stop for this and now it's time for BA Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran.
Speaker 2: News anchor kt Fu Tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Got some meg stuff for you a minute. You guys know where Greenville is, isn't it out by?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's east of like love Joy, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Green Greenville runs Greenville runs parallel with seventy five, and it's basically kind of goes all the way down into plane and turns in the Avenue k.
Speaker 2: Greenville, Texas. Right, Yeah, yep. I think you guys kind of nailed it, honestly. I mean there's a you said love Joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like east of love Joy, right, Like, it's just it's further east. It's further east, but it's it's I think it's significantly further east than Lovejoy. I think you're just saying, as a point of context, you went up north seventy five and went east on three eighty, you'd run into Princeton, Farmersville, and then Greenville.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if you were going up thirty Fate a rock Wall, Fate, Royce City pass through maybe Cattle Mills area, you've under ground. The point is there are people in Greenville listening right now, okay, and shout out to them. But also it's going on in Greenville. Man students at a middle school in Greenville gave each other tattoos using timperary ink with the same needle. Uh oh measles. Now's off the time kids. They said the teacher's role in this matter will be reviewed to determine further disciplinary action is warranted. But I don't know if it's like the teachers just allowing that to happen. I think kids are just gonna do what they do.
Speaker 1: But they're giving each other like prison tattoos and glass Yeah, probably not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strange.
Speaker 4: A sewing needle like Yeah.
Speaker 2: The details are foggy, and it's probably because they don't want to do that with kids. But temporary ink with the same needle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to do that with pens, but not actual needles.
Speaker 2: Drawing, Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that. Tattoos. They're they're going into you with the tattoo when they do the art. I never thought about it over Yeah, wow, how long does the scabbing last?
Speaker 4: Not that long?
Speaker 2: Maybe a week by the way, Stabbing Westward NBFD not Scabbing Westward, that would be a different band.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Why are we going to start the segment. We did it with the first story okay, egg stuff boys, we got egg problems. USDA has come out and said egg prices could jump forty this year. Oh god, yeah, that's a lot, right. If your business is based on eggs, it's a tough time. So what about all these people? It's I remember this got real trendy.
Speaker 1: People were going out and getting chickens and having their own chicken coops, like even out in the burbs. Yeah, is that still a thing? And are are your Are those eggs free of any concern? I'm glad you asked no. If you want to do that, you can, but the price and cost of doing that and getting the food for the hens of the chickens would cost you more than just buying the eggs.
Speaker 4: My mom, she she visited me last night. She actually brought eggs from their hens. He and they have like different kind like the different type of chicken. I don't I don't remember what kind, but they're like smaller. The eggs are smaller, and they're pink and blue, and they're really cool looking. I haven't ate them yet.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of scared to do hens just crank out eggs or does the rooster have to keep going in there and.
Speaker 2: Roosters pounding.
Speaker 4: If roister does that, then it's going to hatch an actual baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, which could be problematic. But yes, they just kind of they're just always popping out the eggs. They eat, bang, and poop. Yep. Now this was this is I'm glad you just because this was a this was a thing I read today and I'm trying to find exactly where I had it. There we go. So the USDAS says that the bird flu is obviously the big problem. Egg prices could surge over forty percent. The bird flu outbreaks have led to the cutting of over one hundred and sixty six million birds. So, I mean, I don't know how many birds are out there, right, but that sounds like a pretty huge number. But just because you hear one hundred and sixty six million, who knows what if there's five hundred million birds, how many bird I don't understand how that all works.
Speaker 1: There's more birds than there are people according to me making it up. Yeah, but the story I read was about people who would as a guy who had done this, it's probably a farmer, honestly, but he was basically saying, you just go buy your eggs like they're gonna get a little more expensive. Just go buy your eggs, because buying the coop, buying the food to them, to tend to them, the responsibility goes into it will cost you more, oh than buying the eggs.
Speaker 2: And defending it against snakes, wolves, cotes. Snakes is the big one.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to get in there and eat those hens. Chicken thieves, chicken thieves. Absolutely, that's gonna be a problem. Now does your mom you said they have different kinds of chickens. Do they have the boneless kind?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, those are the best, Those are the best kind. Yeah, they just lay there yeah yeah, but they're so tender. Yeah. Okay. So McDonald's though apparently has not heard about this bird flu going around by they now jacking up the egg McMuffin. Well, they're celebrating the egg McMuffin turning fifty and they're throwing a big birthday bash next week March second. What's March second? I guess that's going to be a saurday. I guess it's Sunday. Yeah, yeah, it's fat Sundays. Mars the twenty eighth, they're having eggs McMuffin Day on Sunday where fans can snag an egg McMuffin or sausage McMuffin for just a buck through the McDonald's app.
Speaker 1: That is the greatest sandwich of all time, the sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin. Really, it's the best. You know. I'm not an anti egg person, but I don't love egg.
Speaker 2: That's a place I don't like their egg. What I feel like it?
Speaker 4: Okay, When I saw that they didn't have to like do a surcharge on their eggs, I did think. I was like, how much of that is real egg? And that's why they're not worried about it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they have mass produced fake egg. Damn they're delicious then if they are, I mean, I thought about that they treat their eggs same way they treat their ribscrib Have you guys ever gone in the back of a McDonald's and seeing like a butcher just chopping up some brisket and some rib By the way, speaking of ribs, is it true it's maybe to help the blood clot for Wimby, they might have to remove a rib. What I didn't know that does he have thracic syndrome like Matt Harrison. Are they trying to make it to where he's able to take care of himself? Men Manson, Well we can do that surely.
Speaker 2: Well really, dude, he's very limber removing a rib. You know, the first thing we all think of, the wiless thing is the guy from Nickelback. I claimed he could do it, but never showed proof. Yeah, I mean, do you really want proof of you doing that out there in the world? If you're a lead singer of a band making a bunch of money, like, do you need that publicity? I would other that then be known as a liar.
Speaker 4: Oh and if you're Nickelback, you could probably use that publicity. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They'll take care, They'll take all they can get. Hey, guys, you want to see me do porn, but it's just me. No programming. Nine one one's gonna air overnight due to mads and hornets tonight catch that. Oh no, wait, what is this kind of I've been obsessed with this lately. Whenever the MAVs do air on WFAA, they have a like programming note and tonight it's rescue. It's a nine to one one. It's gonna have to air overnight. Okay. I wonder how many people at home are just like, damn it, so again this basketball MAVs Hornets is knocking nine one one. Reno off the air? No nine one one? Oh the show nine one one? What does that show? Yeah? But I think they do have different locations.
Speaker 1: Marino nine one one was a comedy show, but lone Star nine one one was the one that had Rob Lowe.
Speaker 4: I'd be upset if it was Reno nine one one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, I would be upset. We need to bring that back. By the way, have you been watching a lot of that on ABC?
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't have new episodes anymore.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you'd be that upset. Ben, you once said that Wendy's made a craft burgers. They did.
Speaker 1: They were making craft burgers for about three weeks. You mass produced craft burgers. No three years. They were into it for a while. They were into it for a while, dude. They even served it on the Butcher's Paper.
Speaker 2: Story. Here is AI had been used at their drive through at one hundred locations. They were testing it, but they are now expanding AI and their drive throughs at Wendy's six six hundred locations. Now and if it's going well, they're going to keep adding it. Honestly, it's not compute.
Speaker 1: There's somebody of me placing an order earlier today. It look I hate for any humans to lose jobs, but that's the way it's going. And if anything, drive throughs need this more than anything else in the world. It is so hard to communicate in a drive through at times. Have we thought about just the next five years of people losing their jobs, Like, what are people going to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there stuff to do? Well?
Speaker 1: Vault?
Speaker 4: So I went to a Taco bell that used AI in the drive through. But then you drove up and there was a person there to you know, collect your money and actually give you your food and make sure you had everything.
Speaker 2: Robots can't do that. Yeah, And now it's pretty common, the automated thing, Hello and welcome. Would you like to try out whatever the new special is? And you just say no, and then a real person comes to talk to you. Yeah, and then it's just two beaten people talking to each other.
Speaker 1: Robots cannot force mayonnaise on my Jimmy John's no matter what I order, So you go in?
Speaker 2: Do you like going in? Nope?
Speaker 1: Most of my food decisions when I'm in a hurry, or based on whether or not there's a window, I'll eat lesser food if there's a window to pull up to. We are technology is happening so fast, the need for people to do jobs is gonna lessen, and we're gonna be overpopulated. It's just the way I mean, those two, all those things happening simultaneously can't be good. The one guy saying that it's not is Elon. Yeah, Elon is like, we don't have enough people. We need to populate the earth. If I'm gonna have an army of slaves, I need people to keep cranking out. I mean, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, but I'm good. I can't help myself. So seriously, though, Elon is been out there on the front line saying we're actually we have a population crisis. As he is on the wave of technology companies that are eliminating jobs.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like we need that many people, but we will, like like just people to hold down jobs like population. This is why I'm very interested in And you end up sounding like old man yelling at the sky, and I'm not being that way. I don't want me to. But I do truly wonder how the future generations who have been using a phone since ten are really going to where's the work ethic gonna come from? And will they need it? Will technology be so good that having a work ethic doesn't matter. The tools that you are playing with will do the work for you. You just have to be the person that you know instigates the tools to do the work. That's where I do. I think it's a fair like thing without like crapping on the younger generation, like will they need to have a work ethic? This whole thing that we've been o if we need.
Speaker 1: This is an incredible philosophical question. Do people relying on AI need a work ethic?
Speaker 4: No? Right, they don't.
Speaker 2: It's very it's weird. It's weird that we're there, but we are. Yeah, well I think that.
Speaker 1: But I think that's the argument that Elon's making. You still need a work ethic, You're just going to redirect that work ethic in other ways. You would not need a work ethic for quote unquote busy work. The problem to me is I see it with AI or just hey Siri, you know, replacing learning something? Is that then you don't even understand the basic fundamentals of what you need and what you don't need. Like the old argument about why do I need this geometry? I'm never going to use this in a real world. It's because it trains your brain to function a different way. And if we're going through this process of you're no longer training your brain to function, you're just asking a question to a wall. Yeah, I feel like that's an existential problem. Sure, Like if you you don't even realize the need for what you're asking the information for because you didn't do any of the work in the first place. But if there's no going back, what is the solution. No, there's no solution. We just continue to downtry to have as much fun as you can work. This is totally idiocracy already.
Speaker 2: It's a problem for us as people because we think we created the world. Y'all got it easy though. Your kids are out almost like your kids are all you guys have almost done your responsibility.
Speaker 1: And I'll be dead in five years so I won't have to watch them suffer. You've lived your life. Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 2: And then for people who have had kids, I've had kids out, but you know, you know people who do, and you're like, God, I don't know what you're gonna do with that nine year old. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Most people my age look at the world is okay, how can I get out of here before I have to watch a lot of suffering. I feel like I've had a good run. I don't want to experience the suffering part. Yeah, so, okay, my kids are how old, they're probably not gonna have There's not going to be a labor force, you know.
Speaker 2: I think I'll check out in five years. Damn. I mean, that's not the brightest thing I've ever heard. But that's okay. No, it's okay. It's just dark comedy. Kept talking, No, is that comedy?
Speaker 1: Or is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I'm not gonna live forever. I hope it was comedy. I mean, I've been wondering too. I guess carbon monoxide death? Is that a good way to go?
Speaker 4: Jesus?
Speaker 2: Is that peaceful? We might have more on Gene Hackman next.
Speaker 1: We're all right coming up next, we'll talk a little Gene Hackman right here on the Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle.
Speaker 1: Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, This segment is brought to you by roller Town beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in. I think the thing we're most excited about right now is the big Chili cookoff on Saturday, the Wild West Chili Fest. We got live music, we have a vendor market, but more than anything, we have that big Chili cookoff and it is going to be legit.
Speaker 2: So get on up there.
Speaker 1: Twenty fresh local beers on tap, an incredible selection of IPAs right now. And then of course we'reuting about all kinds of different restaurants and venues. In fact, if you're going out to the mav game tonight, heck, go by ben a Beer. He's going to be there. By Christina Beer. She's going to be there Rollertown, Rollertown's big Germans on the concourse level.
Speaker 2: It's at a bunch of different stands.
Speaker 1: And then go grab one on tap at chop Shop before after the game or at Hero and it can before after the game. We are out and about and everywhere it's Rollertown beer Works. But right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 2: Big. Oh thank you, Cynthia Man.
Speaker 1: We heard the news in the Hollywood Shuffle that Gene Hackman, his wife, and one of his dogs were found very, very sad, And this particular segment, we don't want to spend any time getting into the news story or any of the things that surround that. We just wanted to kind of tip our caps to the great Gene Hackman if we could and skin How did we ever stumble into the debate between that classic old rivalry who's a better actor, Gene Hackman or Michael Kaine? I don't remember, but I think it had to do with the idea of a starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, does that sound right?
Speaker 1: So I the way I the lens in which I look at a lot of these actors is I turn it back to sports, and I'm like, Okay, if Gene Hackman is your starting quarterback, you can win that movie, you can win that game.
Speaker 2: He is a great leading man. And it really comes down to I mean, look at it, like PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington the other night against the Lakers, he was forced into being the MAVs second most important player. That's a little better when he's your third or fourth most important player. Right now, you've got some serious depth. But if you have to have PJ. Washington as the lead actor, if he's your best player, then you're kind of.
Speaker 2: What the Hornets used to be.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm remembering this really well because I think my contention is that Gene Hackman was a system quarterback, and so if you put him in a system like Hoosiers, where you know, it's not contingent on being about the leading man, it's about the story. Because you know, one of the things that Gene Hackman was known for is that he was He did a really amazing job of playing the quote unquote everyman. And when he really got on people's radars was with Bonnie and Clyde, and he was just sort of all right, this is just kind of a middle American. I mean, here's Warren Batty over here looking like a matinee superstar sex machine. But Gene Hackman was like, man, this guy's an amazing actor. He's the everyman. He's all of us. But depending on the season, if you have the right system and a really good defense, he could quarterback you to a super Bowl. Right, And you think that Michael Kaine is a better system quarterback than Gene Hackman, No, I think they're I think Michael Kaine's the equivalent to Jama Hackman. They're the equivalent, Well, they're the same base. And that became a second that became a secondary debate because I would maintain that Gene Hackman is a far superior actor to the great Michael Kine. But then you get into a situation where you're being forced to take the position that tears down someone who's awesome. I don't want to tear down Michael Kaine. I think Michael Kaine's great, but I do want to talk about some of the white you tearing down Michael Kaine. It's Gene Hackman's death. I want to talk about a lot of these great movies. Need to see Blame It on Rio again. Oh God, such a good film with Joseph Mologna. Okay, so ask a quick Michael Kaine questions, Yes, exciting. Is it bad that all I know him from? Is he one of the Alfred's?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in the Batman movie. Okay, no, not that's not bad at all. But you're young.
Speaker 1: Gene Hackman died at held ninety five, and he hasn't His last movie was O four, Okay, and so my Cocaine, I think is ninety one or ninety three?
Speaker 2: Is he not?
Speaker 4: Old?
Speaker 1: Kaid's ninety one? Okay, Okay, so he's ninety one, So no, it's not you're a young man. That's not a common But this is an older actor in Mine and Skins Lives and we're older dudes. But if you wanted to see a good Michael Caine movie to really get the full scale of the greatness of Michael Kine, I would recommend Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Steve Martin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, was he in gold Member? That's great?
Speaker 1: What was the movie he was in where he was a psychiatrist and he's dressed to kill, dressed to kill badass?
Speaker 2: That's a Brian de Palmer. Oh, that was a good movie. Okayeteen eighty he was.
Speaker 1: He was in the original Get Carter that Sylvester Stallone remade. He was in the nineteen sixty nine British version or something like that. So if you had to guess which actor was in has been in more movies, Gene Hackman or Michael Kaine, I would say Gene Hackman because he's American.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I would say Gen Hackman because he's four years older when he died than Michael Kannero's ninety one.
Speaker 4: I'm going Gene Hackman just because I know more movies besides just Alfred.
Speaker 2: Like Kat said, I'm a pivot. I'm gonna say Michael Kain because, as I told you, Gene Hackman's last movie was two thousand and four Welcome to News Sport. So Gene Hackman.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because when I googled this, they didn't give me an exact number. They said Gene Hackman was in about eighty movies, and then so I looked it up for Michael Kaine, they said he was in about one hundred and sixty films.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, however, we volume shooter.
Speaker 1: You know, we can look at their report cards in this now before we get to their comparative report cards. I do want to mention some of the greatest movies, and it would love to get anyone's thoughts. And I'm sure Skin and I are far more familiar with these movies. But I'm gonna throw some of my favorites out. Royal ten and Bombs. Yeah, she's dating Wes Anderson Acolyte, so I would think that she's very familiar with that.
Speaker 4: I love that movie great.
Speaker 2: Oh, good. Have you ever you want to talk some jive. Let's talk some jive.
Speaker 1: Coltrane, He goes, and he hasn't call me Coltrane. No, but but if I did, yes, Yeah, so that's great.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: He was perfect in that role.
Speaker 1: I man, I kind of want to see if Kati has the stamina to make it through the conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh. There are so many other films of his that I love. Uh, there's gonna be some of these you haven't seen, because I see every terrible movie.
Speaker 2: Enemy of the State with Will Smith. I never saw that.
Speaker 1: I remember that being promoted heavily in the late nineties. Heist with Sam Rockwall. Never saw Rockwell. I love Sam Rockwell, but I never saw that the firm. I did see that a long time. Unfortunately, Wilfred Brimley was the bad guy in that, which isn't believable. But God, Gene Hagman was awesome that. Of course Hoosiers, he was such a believable basketball coach. He was great in Hoosier's Fantastic. Probably that in Mississippi Burning were probably the roles he's most known for.
Speaker 2: I would think Get.
Speaker 1: Shorty, which was a comedy. It's really really good. He's great, he's great and everything he's in. Unforgiven was his one of his westerns. He was great in that, directed by Clint Eastwood, No Way Out. I love SNR film. I love him in No Way Out. He plays a corrupt senator and he's really really good in that. He was great as Lex Luthor and Superman badass in that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I went back and watched this one recently. I don't know why, but the French Connection, that movie's badass. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: See, he gets connected addicted to heroin. They forced him to get addicted to heroin or something, and then he has to snap out of it and still solve all the crime. So he was on a run. Basically. It started with Bonnie and Clyde. But when he did The French Connection, which was a Landmark film, I mean it was a Landmark film. You want to talk about the whole anti hero dirty cop thing, I mean it goes back to the French Connection.
Speaker 2: And then he did which was a William Friedkin movie.
Speaker 1: And then he did The Conversation, which was as a Coppola movie that he did after the success of the Godfathers, and that movie is badass, and it really the whole movie centers around Hackman's performance and how he starts going crazy, is he gets more and more intertwined in the surveillance life, like that's a he's setting the stage in the early seventies for the kind of work he's gonna do forever.
Speaker 2: He was also in the Poseidon adventure.
Speaker 1: You know, the ship, the big ocean liner gets turned upside down and one brave hero has to, you know, guide everyone to safety.
Speaker 2: Was he the hero? He's that guy, He's the Gene Heckman, He's that guy.
Speaker 1: And then you know, see, I maintain that Michael Kaine is one of the greatest actors of all time.
Speaker 2: But he's one of the greatest.
Speaker 1: It's like saying he's Scottie Pippen to me, I don't think he's ever gonna be Michael Jordan. And in some cases, Gene Hackman could morph into being Michael Jordan for your squad and if it was Hoosiers, so the two yeah, like so the obviously, when you start talking about who's the greatest actor of all time, a lot of people think it's Denzel Washington. And if you take Crimson Tide now You've got Denzel and Gene Hackman squaring off, and that is a badass movie. He's generally, I think this is what the imvidence of the conversation was. I think he's a character actor for the most part. There's very few films where he was the leading man in it, right, but he's always a prominent part of it. Like, for example, you just mentioned that Denzel was the one A in that No Way Out. Kevin Costner was the one A in that. Actually during the French Connection, Scheider was your one A in that right Now, he was the lead in the Conversation for example. But he was generally more of a character actor than a lead dog. I'd say he's not really a character actor, but he's also not really a lead dog. He's more of a but to me build movies around him, you could there was roles that he was great for a movie, good enough to take you to a super Bowl, but he could in the right place. Michael Kaine is like was even Michael Kaine was definitely a character actor. Like not he's not even on Gene Hackman's quite on his level, but he's close, but he's not quite there. But what we're gonna say, well, I feel like we're kind of talking about these guys like their Trent Dilfer or Carry Collins or something.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're more in the Dak Kirk Cousins realm Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, maybe so maybe so maybe that's where this conference.
Speaker 2: I think Hackman is Dak.
Speaker 1: I think he's Dackman, and I think I think I'm blanking on the other dude, Michael, Yeah, Michael Caine is.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is that like Dak? I mean maybe Gene Hackman's romo.
Speaker 4: And Dak is for an older crowd.
Speaker 1: Dak is Shane Falco in the replacement. I think I think gen Gene Hackman is Danny White. Okay, I can't expect that he got you do some uh he got you to some conference championship games, but he was also the punter and no one ever expected you to get to the super Bowl with Okay, So let's just look at it like this. In about eighty films, this is Gene Hackman's report card compared to in about one hundred and sixty films, Michael Kaine's report card Academy Awards, and he guesses on what the score is nominations or wins wins. I think Gene Hackman won for Mississippi Burning.
Speaker 2: I believe. What do you think the score is there between those two ecturs.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, one to nothing. Gene it's two to two. Each of them has two Academy Awards. Okay, well are they both for Supporting Actor.
Speaker 2: I don't have all that inforcation. Okay, we'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: On that Golden Globes, the score is four to three Michael Kaine, because globes are more global.
Speaker 2: Gene Hackman has four and Michael Kaine has three.
Speaker 1: Okay, British Academy Film Awards Michael Kaine, Gene Hackman has two, Michael Kain has won even the Brits, and then in Screen Actors Guild Awards they each have one. And so basically Michael Kaine, at the age of ninety one now has a few years to go get some films, and if he could win one British academ Me Film Award in one Golden Globe, he will tie the great Gene Hackman, and I think he will knock that out this year. Rest in peace, Gene Hackman. I'll never forget the time that Kat had a chance to be a presenter at the SAG Awards. He looked the entire audience dead in the eye. He stood up on that podium and he said, Jane's oscar was for the French Connection.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He said that confirming a thought from an earlier time. Was it best supporting actor.
Speaker 2: Supporting actor was unforgiven. He was best actor French Connection. That's what I told, in your face, skin in my face. Christina's next here on the eagle. Here you going, well, I want to get my sack back. Dude that I had to take a poop.