Speaker 1: Well here we are back here. Let me get back over to Twitter. Let's bring up our co host. Welcome everyone, last ever my cast episode UFL Championship Reactions. John just discovered like five, I'm like, John, that was the name of the episode. What do you meet? John's like, wait, this is the end anyway, John, Welcome, How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great. I don't believe it, but I'm doing well. It was interesting championship game. Great way to wrap it up. I wish more people had tuned in to watch it.
Speaker 1: We'll do all that to that. Yeah, so we have Mike Mitchell's TV ratings, we have attendance stuff, we have the championship reactions, and then we'll say goodbye. I already put out you know, we're not doing the CFL and then it feels like it's time. It's twenty percent down UFL Championship ratings year over year. We'll get to it later. We'll get to all of that. Welcome everyone, and I will note we might have a what did I call it a pressure washer coming to clean the deck here? What do we want to go out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Back, so I couldn't even be on the deck. So really just a perfect way to kind of end all of this today. But anyway, welcome. Make sure I can subscribe to John's channel. You know, I might pop up back up on there every once in a while, or PATS channel. I know Anthony Miller is working on CFL stuff as well. So yeah, we'll still you know, propagate everything and I'll still be your But I wanted to have this. I just didn't want there to be this lingering question forever of like when is like when am I coming back? So John, it was an exciting the weekend, I guess football we're here Tuesday, we'll do all that and then we'll do kind of the year end stuff. But I was hosting my mother's seventieth birthday party. Many reasons why this is podcast. But I watched the game on Monday. I texted you was it? You know, it was a little bit of a slog in the rewatch just because we kind of know the outcome. What was your reactions watching the game live because you had a different opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was I thought it was entertaining. I mean, if you kind of look at the final score and you're you know, and and maybe if you kind of just rewatch some of the highlights or or just maybe a cut and you know cut down. I know UFL is really good about putting up longer form highlights. I thought it was completely entertaining. Now about five minutes left, I did, I was, I was starting to nod off a little bit, but I thought it was I really really thought it was an entertaining game, and it was a great way for the UFL to kind of wrap up the season. Those were two incredible quarterbacks, Jordan Tom who had the game of his absolute life and then Bryce Perkins. You know, it kind of got overshadowed because like every time, I think for the first ten possessions, why DC scored so but what Bryce Perkins did you know in that game also might have got an overlooked but he had really had like a he had an incredible game too. So they even said after after the game, like his teammates and Shannon Harris, the coach felt like Jordan Tom who should have been the Offensive Player of the Year and the MVP, but he did win the MVP of the championship, so that that did go a long way.
Speaker 1: He was just bizarre to me that, like the Panthers just seemingly kind of forgot to play defense or just like you said, it was every time you know, Tamu was throwing it down. Well, did you just kind of not the Michigan team maybe that we were used to or what was your thoughts on just kind of that. It really felt like they kind of fell apart here. I know they some points at the end, but you know, certainly not a good show.
Speaker 2: Well they I think they got punched in the mouth. And it's you know, they old Mike Tyson quote about everybody has a plan to they get punched in the mouth, and but that's what Jordan Tamu and that offense did. I think Fred Kayes had an absolutely incredible game plan for the Michigan Panthers because it was kind of, you know, not to that extent, but it was kind of the opposite last time these two played. And so there were a couple of things I thought that d C wanted to prove. And when they they just got hot and they and they never cooled off. And you don't see that a lot in football. A lot of times you'll see, you know, a team come out pretty strong and they're going to hit a slog now and then d C never felt like they did, and they all and and Michigan just could not counter punch with them Sunday night.
Speaker 1: In terms of the Tayomu of it, I know, you know, off season a long time and then we talked to pres and all that. I mean, I don't know, I feel like Taomu is kind of a little bit longer in the tooth as well. Here Similarly, in the Mark has like, do you feel like he I just like, what is left.
Speaker 2: For him here?
Speaker 1: You know he's he was right the game MVP won. I don't know what else is left for Tamla at this point.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I mean, when you have a game like that, it would be hard for me to think that he's just gonna stop playing, like, I mean, there's a lot. It felt like that there's still a lot left in that tank that you know, that wasn't you know, some slappy team they were playing. They were playing a really really good Michigan team in the championship game of the UFL. You know, I don't know that he gets you know, I would think he would get another look in the NFL. But you're right, Age might play a factor in that. But we're you know, assuming that you know, things line up for the UFL in twenty twenty six. I would just be shocked if he just if he didn't get an NFL look and he didn't catch on, you know, whether it's on an active roster or a practice squad, that he would just quit because it just feels like that he's got a lot, He's got a lot left to me, at least on this level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's twenty seven. I mean that's I just you know, and you kind of go to the UFL fan zone said twice, I was, well, of course twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven on that.
Speaker 1: I still getting wrong here last day, but like it feels like he I just feels like he's he's I don't know, just have kind of gone through it. Andrew here says you a masterclass and play my guys. It wasn't Cassious or whatever. What was the Fred Cassius or whatever? The Brandon mad On the I could get that. What is what do you this championship game right lopsided by all accounts, score looks a little whatever. I was there last year, blowout, right, we all remember, I mean it was it was it wasn't a game, yeah, And I mean really I'm trying to remember, like what was it the Star Stallions, like that was a good one back, like the Cookiss leg break. I'm just trying to think of, like what is it about these championship games that and obviously you know there's only been a couple of it feels like we have a little bit more lopside here, like were these two the best two teams? And why do you think that there was such lopside in this year in the.
Speaker 2: I mean that happens to the super Bowl. I mean we've seen it more more often than not that you know, the super Bowl ends up being a complete blowout. So no, I mean, I just there are a lot of I think there are a lot of factors in there. It's like, you know, who is the who's the better play caller, who gets hot, stays hot, who's got you know, who's who's got the uh, who's got the right game plan? But also this might have been for a lot of these players the first time on a stage like this, like in a championship game. Now granted it wasn't the super Bowl. It certainly wasn't a super Bowl crowd there or a super Bowl TV audience, but that none of that really matters. It's like a lot of people who are asking these NBA players about, you know, what do you think about like the TV ratings being down? And you know, I think it was like Halliburton, there were some other players saying, well, we're we're playing in the finals. We don't care about TV ratings because this is their sport. So to me, I just think that this might have been I'm not saying that Bryce Perkins or you know, some of that didn't live up to it. But you know, you play a little differently when you're in a championship game. Sometimes that's better and sometimes that's worse.
Speaker 1: They're talking here at Commander's back. I assumed for a talent, but well, you know they got married other right, we got them one more because Commander's my team. We got married of that, I would I mean, guys, love Marcus right now and I'm glad that we got him back on there, but he's not going to be a backup forever. I think that would be cool. Do we want to do ratings and kind of move that into this? Do you want to any more general thoughts about the game before we get into that.
Speaker 2: I just again, I thought like if you if a lot of people might just have seen the score, they would have thought, well, that wasn't very interesting, or boy, there were a lot of points score, but it was still wasn't a close game. I just really thought it was entertaining to me from beginning to end. And you know, I didn't have a dog in the fight, even though I did. I mean, I had a panther shirt ready to go too, but I just I did. I thought it was a really interesting game and it showed like high how high level that a lot of these players can play and have played this season.
Speaker 1: I think it was Sunday and I finally texted you because again we had had people over on Saturday. Kind of right during the game, I thought, well, like so much for that Tom Brady halftime announcement and expansion the new markets. And I did not see the halftime show. I was not included in the recaps that I watched. I heard it did not feel very high budget was with the vibes that I got. I saw pictures from the stadium, like do we see any of that? Or I guess how is your thoughts on the overall TV presentation Joe Testaturus style here?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean like, those guys did a great job, but yeah, the halftime show probably would have been better off. It looked like somebody was televising a free concert at the State Fair. I mean it was you know, three I think it was three guys. They were good. I mean, I'm not gonna take that away from them. I just it looked low budget and it looked amateurish. And again we've talked about how this league is a TV product and they have got to embrace some of this with like with optics, if you're putting on a TV show, you got to make it look good, and that just it did. It didn't look good. It was there was no special lighting or anything. It was just those guys out there playing. Again, I thought they were good. You know, they got mixed reviews from a lot of people, but yeah, that they could have they could have found something maybe a little better, some better content to put on at halftime. Seemed like that would have been a that would have been a great time to tell the story of some of these players and you put together some of those packages that you know that have those storytelling or you know, bring out Tom Brady and and Fred Smith and everybody that they're going to buy these teams, but none of that happened. We got a I don't the black Moods, that's.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, well more like the bad moods here coming out of the well. No, but I mean I agree with you in terms of either you know, tell this and again like I I didn't watch the whole package day of there and it my enternet. I don't know why it keeps them light the one time I'm inside here, so hopefully it's fine. I'm just getting there a mess just but yeah, like spotlight some of that or you know, pregame, you know, tell kind of the story of the season. Like not one person in the world except for the Black Moods, you know, parents or whatever or watching that. So I don't And I don't think they're paying for that, right, Like I don't think the Black Moods are like, hey we got twenty gram we'll pay, so like you're not gaining anything from it. So I and I did see the comments, like at least in the CFL this last year they had we were there in BC, the Jonas Brothers and like, yeah, but you know, and and I was at the time like, well, this is the CFL this is gonna look and it looks like a million dollars. It looks so good, Like even like you said, with the UFL dim the lights bring some fans to stand in front of them. Do we have it, like, do we have a stage? Like can we just a little bit of stuff to make it feel like it's more? I mean it's brutal for I mean, I don't make any fun Like what do you what are you supposed to do if you're those guys Like I saw the photo like he's standing on a guitar case or something to be three feet up. He's got a little Chris Daughtry kind of short thing going on. But I just, you know, but this whole like it just it killed me. The you know, we're the last times, Like yeah, this whole halftime and expansion and everything, and then but like, hey, we got all our views off it, so I guess it's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, there was also the talk, oh, the UFL's making this big announcement, be sure to stay tuned. You know, earlier in the season when they were in Saint Louis and everyone, all of us knew what it was, but there were a few of us who were just saying, maybe this is it. This is when they're going to announce that it's but it was just Danny Garcia announcing that it was the UFL Championship was going to be played in Saint Louis. That we all knew about that. So but yeah, I just you know, again, it's optics and you had fourteen thousand people there or fourteen thousand tickets sold. It just it's I mean, maybe it's good that the ratings were low that a lot of people didn't see that, because I don't know that they would return if that's what they thought. The championship game should have looked like, well.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, let's talk to that and then you know, I mean, I don't know, deep dive here at the game Tuesday, you know, going and all that. But I agree, and it was I just it was just really curious to me because I knew the outcome. But like you said, well, no, it was you know, the game itself was entertaining because it felt like every time DC got the ball, they scored.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's just I mean, it was like arena football there for a while.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was certainly better than last year.
Speaker 2: With the show.
Speaker 1: I mean like so I would, Yes, I would, absolutely, because that was I came down and sat with Andy and them at halftime last year. I mean it was brutal because I was up in the stands. I'm like, uh in the press box, I'm what's the point of sitting up here? Lift? But let's get some mic posted this today and then Abdul's got a chart here. Of course, we have our charts and our attendance, but nine hundred and eighty three thousand viewers for the championship game. It peaked at one point two from eight to eight fifteen. That means it peaked in the first fifteen minutes. Greg Parks had tweeted out that last weekend repeat of the Connors, and I can pull up the tweet it had a million viewers for a similar timeslot. So just to give kind of a retrospect for that, we saw the Gordon Ramsey Friday Night step before. I think Mike has on here. It's a twenty percent, or I'd do a twenty percent, I said, yack. I didn't think it was very good, but down nineteen percent overall, but the attendance here was one point five to nine. You know, so one point six to nine eighty three year over year, Like that was my reaction. What was your reaction to this, John, Because this was not good.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't good. And I went back and like looked at some numbers. So the twenty twenty two USFL Championship that was on Fox, that was on July third, So it's kind of like the July fourth weekend got one point five million viewers, and then the next year it got one point one million. XFL Championship in twenty twenty three one point four and then we're just talking about how you went from one point five to nine hundred and eighty three thousand, and that's just you know, and then you also look at the over the season, it had an average of six hundred and forty five thousand viewers, and that was down from eight hundred and twelve from the year before. So something has to change here. And again, you know, we we heard from Russ Brandon and Danny Garcia and Daryl Johnston Friday before the game that everything is on the table and they're taking a look at some things they and they said, well, we're not worried about the ratings. I think Russ Brandon said, you know, there are a lot of leagues that would give their eye teeth that to have the viewers that they had, And that might be true for some, but that's just not sustainable. I mean, I don't have any question that I shouldn't say this. I've seen a lot of Spring leagues just disappear all overnight. I don't think that's going to happen with the UFL. So I think it's we've got a twenty twenty six, but you can't have numbers like this and have a twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: It's well, that's like the thing. And so you know, I had tweeted just again in the response to the Jerry Cardinell that Mark Perry had wrote up, you know, the ratings aren't down, you know, or whatever he said. I talked and at least, you know, Daryl Johnston was a little bit more you know, he feels a little bit more honest about it. But like, so, you know, my point is we talked all the time TV and attendance, and they go, attendant, doesn't matter who cares, and we'll talk to the attendants here. So then you go look at the ratings and you go you're halfway. You know, you did sixty percent of what you did last year, fifty five percent of that? Like, so so what does matter then? Like that's what I just don't like if the attendant sayesn't matter, but then the ratings are down fifty I mean that what is the math on that one point six and nine eighty three? I mean that's a that's a was it forty percent drop?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you know it also I think speaks to we've talked about this before. I think it also speaks to interest in the markets, you know overall, when you start to see attendants drop and then you start to see you know, and they're there are a bit you know large some you know, mid size to larger markets that are these home teams and I don't you know, I'm sure Mike Mitchell can probably break it down who he's got, you know, by market by market through Nielsen ratings. Uh, but yeah, this is you. You you start to worry that interest has waned, and you know, and then when you see numbers like that, you you know, you start to have those thoughts again, like interests might be waning in this overall, not just not just from the casuals who might not have caught on, but maybe some people who watched it last year and just kind of gave up on it this year.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the problem is now we're getting and I have a comment from a sky here and he's just asking about, you know, the stallions and all that.
Speaker 2: Do we come back? Do we move?
Speaker 1: It's so now that we've done the championship game, that was when you were going to make the announcement. That's you know, so I don't know, like so spoiler, that announcement isn't coming right, So that's not coming. And I don't know how you drum interest in year three now of this UFL. And I'm not saying that, uh, you know, expansion is the answer, but obviously that's the break glass, you know, we need. I just don't know a natural way to grow interest in this league now going into year three if you're gonna have all eight markets back, because like we said that, half these markets are ones that I would have ever picked anyway to put that in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, from the sounds of what they were, you know, at least saying publicly that the trio that did the news conference, it sounds like they're going to take a pretty conservative approach. But you're right, it's I wonder if if you can have a two conservative approach, like if you don't signal some kind of growth and read you you said this, I think even after last season that to signal some growth you need to have maybe a couple of new teams. And it just and it just it didn't never came to fruition. And you know, Russ Brandon said they did put out you know, the RFPs and said that they've had some conversations. I'm just surprised we haven't heard anything that some kind of news hasn't leaked out, or if it has, I haven't seen it. So that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. I just you know, I don't know if location is going to be the answer, although I've said before, like the Memphis situation doesn't seem sustainable, and you know, Birmingham still getting you know when when they need some help with scheduling, so they can't use that as an excuse next year. Number one. But you know, you can't have those Sunday noon games down there. You just can't do that. So that I think these again, these are things that it's going to they'll use this as a learning process. Now, let's see if they act on that and see really what comes to fruition and in the off season now and in twenty twenty six, well, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Saw it back It was at the USFLA that season two and then we talked about, you know, the hub and kind of adding to Memphis thing like I just like you said, it's kind of the break glass whatever. I saw USF whether they now UFL news, it was the USFL. I mean, everyone hates me, but they were all it was like the USFL news account and was UFL news, but they were posting we had like a a the out or Oklahoma whatever. And then they're you know, another trademark, right, like another trademark was filed, and of course and everyone runs and all this stuff, and I'm like, this is like not how you league build of like well we were able to get this old trademark or like well this one we bought this one from Brian Woods, so we should put a team Like that's just not I just this is all backwards, just how like how you would ever go about doing any of this or even like putting the request out like well if you'd like to come to our cities, like, you know, we're open to it. Like I don't know. I watched fourteen thousand people go into Saint Louis, Like why would I for the championship game? Like why would I want that? And we'll do ratings in a second, but I just I to me, like, as I've said before, you kind of lose all that momentum. I have one more comment about the trio here, but go for it, and then I'll make that No.
Speaker 2: I you're right, and you've brought up this point before and we've talked about it. If you want to sell these franchises, keep it in the market. You have what's your product? Now? We saw some absolutely great gameplay on the field, especially after Week three. It seemed like, you know, that was when offenses are catching up to defenses. Everything was going great, you know, play wise, it wasn't going great attendance wise. So you can have you know, and I've used this this before talking to people. It's like you can have the best food you know and have the best restaurant, but if nobody's coming in to sample it, you're not gonna make any sales and you don't stay in business. So the gameplay has been good. It's just a matter of they've got to figure out a way. And Darryl Johnson has said as much. In places like Birmingham and places like Memphis, what is the disconnect here? Now? I know Memphis struggled, there's no question, and that you know a lot of people aren't going to show up to watch a bad team. But there are a lot of things that they can fix. Ticket prices is won They keep saying it's affordable, it's affordable, but ticket prices went up in a lot of places. They started doing specials later on, but that's also what restaurants do. Before they go out of business, and you start doing two for one specials, you know that they they're in trouble. So there are some things that they've got to look at. I think that the product is good, but there's got a way to make it better and make it connect not just to the communities, but also you know, to the casual fans as well.
Speaker 1: They just the comment I wanted to have was about the trio just kind of the media day in general, and if you want to share any thoughts or not, but you know, if you're going to be a League moving forward. I was getting the emails and the zoom links didn't work, and then we needed to do and the audio wasn't working, and you were trying to send me links so I could watch. Like, it's not a professional way.
Speaker 2: To handle that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if anyone from ufl it makes it this far into this final episode, but like, this is not a This is not a professional way to run your media day. So you need to have links at work and microphones and cameras at work, and people get like, I don't. I think we saw more from Maddie and I think Stefan and them were doing cell phone videos than I saw the League posting any of that stuff, and it would just was garbage anyway. So just it's always just kind of like the least amount of effort. It's the same with the halftime show. It's the same with the media day. It's the same with all this stuff. It's like, well, we kind of kind of tried to do it, so now what we can just move on to some of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have liked, you know, I know a guy who's like really good at video and has cameras and like knows how to live stream. I bet, I bet I can. I'll have I'll get in touch with him and see if he can get in touch with the UFL next time. But yeah, I mean again, you know, it looked kind of amateurous. Now here's the thing. You know, a lot of the people out there weren't going to They're not going to see that anyway. But I'll also say on the converse of that, if you are a local station, a local TV station or anything, you're not going to use somebody's cell phone string. You can't use it on television. I mean, I used it in the video, my last video, and you can say it's just you know, I tried to fix it. I spent thirty plus minutes trying to fix their audio so you could actually hear it. You can't see it. It looks terrible, but you can hear at least hear the audio what they're trying to say. So, but you're right, it's just they're they're they need to step up in some professionalism. Again. I'm going to lean on the side of optimism that, Okay, here's something that they've learned. This is what they need to fix for next year.
Speaker 1: I am going to have to talk to this deck watching guys super quick, Why don't you I'm going to flip over to the attention super quick, Why don't you share? Because we gotta have duetts thoughts here or I his charts. We'll do that, but give your thoughts on this. I'm going to drop out for thirty seconds, not.
Speaker 2: Right back, sure, you know, so we'll you know, I mean, we'll take a look there with the attendance at fourteen five point fifty nine, and that is you know, that's tough for a championship to me. Number one is because it it shows that, you know, people weren't interested. And we thought like, okay, what if we you know, what if we have in Saint Louis where we think that everything you know, where it's it's a football crazy town, and then there's gonna be a lot of people there. But it didn't happen. And you know, I was talking to a friend of mine today and say, well, if it's not in their team, then why why should they care? And I said, that's your first problem right there, that's your problem, because it's just showing that there's not a lot of you know, a lot of interest, you know, even for people who would come to that game even in Saint Louis, and you know they were given tickets and everything else. So I don't know what's going on, uh with that, And I just think that that's another indicator of they've got to work this out. Also, Stephen Johnson, I saw you. I see you here. I gave you a shout out. It's not on the lie I think it's not on the last video but the one before. So check it out and thank you for joining much channel. I appreciate I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You know, like that. Who oh, it was funny today I saw one of my Washington Commanders reporters was something and he was in there like you need to get this right, like you get paid millions of dollars to talk about sports. And I was like, he's a beat reporter for the Commanders that like has like very good, but like he's not making millions of dollars talking about this. I just the one comment I had on this in just the fourteen thousand whatever. Just today they open and like this is Apple Sapple or not Apple samples, but the they just open the Ireland UK tickets for the NFL game. There are six hundred thousand people just in the Q on line to buy tickets and like, so we bought our tickets for the Madrid game. I go, we bought them through the league, like early, through a you know, their hospitality department or whatever the heck you want to call it. And I'm like, gosh, so like people do travel again today, They're like it does. And I understand that, like the UFL is not the NFL, and I understand all of that, but the point is you need to make it be something that people were worth while to travel to. And if any year, like if I wasn't going to travel to Saint Louis lash for the Birmingham you know, maybe I had gone to the other Birmingham Championship games. Well shoot, I'm I'm a Defenders fan. I can go now, I'm I'm a.
Speaker 2: Panthers, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least there's there's that thing on that. But I'm like, people will want to do anything if you give them the reason to do it. So it kills me this lag, Well, no one who would travel to like a lot of people travel the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, and somebody made a good point here. You know, maybe Saint Louis fans did do their part, and but you can't ask them to fill up the stadium when the BattleHawks aren't there. But I'll still say, like fourteen thousand for a championship game. You know that that's just that's not good. I mean, that's that was. In fact, I think the last Saint Louis game, people said that was a low that might have been like one of the lowest attended games. And that was a playoff game. So yeah, there were some I mean there's Christopher, he traveled from DC, so there were some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is excuse me. So now you can hear the pressure rusher. Really, she's weast were all squared away here. Last year they had Tom Brady do his first ever game announcement. I that is a good point, Like what was the Brady bump last year for the USFL? Like, but hey, I'm there was there was more people watching Tom Brady last year than watching the Bad Moods this year play in Saint Louis at halftimes.
Speaker 2: So I'm just telling you, yeah, I mean I don't know what ABC does, I mean, do they bring Steven A. Smith out there? Like what do what do they do? Like to drum up interest? And I I don't know. I just I was just really shocked, you know you you sent that to me earlier today Mike's tweet. And by the way, I almost joined Twitter this weekend, but then I saw some cesspool stuff that I was not interested in. But but when I saw that, I was shocked. I was like, I couldn't believe that sat on a Saturday night, it's a championship game on ABC, which has had like really good ratings for their UFL games that they couldn't even top a million. And that's that's just that's tough to understand.
Speaker 1: Let's look here through I just real quick, I'm doing if you're not following that due on all this. Yeah, he kind of takes Mike Mitchell's numbers throughout the course of the season and breaks it down. I share this out, but you'll see down twenty one point seventy two percent year over year, you know, ABC down, I mean everything, ABC down ten percent, Fox down thirty percent, ESPN down thirty eight percent. ESPN two wasn't the FS one window because I think there was.
Speaker 2: Only the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was only one game each and whatever. But Fox really, you know, taking kind of the biggest dip here the Friday games go into that, right, because you figure if that, you know, if you're getting seven hundred to Friday, you're you know, those were generally averaging more like eight fifty to nine right during the course of the season last year. Anything stand out from this just I just appreciate a due kind of doing this. Obviously, everything down, but anything stand out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Abdul might make me join Twitter because he has some good content here. I think what he posted is overall, like we were saying, it's just showing that there's a drop in interest, and I don't know why that. That's why I would I would like to know why not. I do understand that, you know, there are a lot of us out there who are going to watch no matter what, so you know, we'll we'll see. But but that, yeah, when I saw those those numbers, it was very surprising to me, and I don't know, I don't understand like why that it just overall and then and then for it to culminate with ABC of the issue and like in the championship game, it's just I don't know. I want to dive into it and read a lot more on it because I know we just got these numbers today, So there's there's probably a bigger story, uh that I just don't know what it is yet.
Speaker 1: Well, at least just a couple of my takeaways here is, you know, we got the big jump last year going in when they you know, because they had said we're going to merge the leagues. We want to give the you know, the best TV and you tell me of this is unbearable and the pressure washing and you know, they said they wanted to prioritize you give the TV windows and that's what we had to merge everything. So you saw forty versus forty one this year, and now you have a lot of those Fox Friday ones taking the part of that. So all to me, the biggest question mark will be is if they keep this Fox Friday Night experiment going on in the year two, because that's where Fox had the biggest drop in my opinion. But you do still have those forty plus you know game windows, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just felt, you know, we've talked about it before. I thought Fox could have dressed it up. I thought Fox could have made it a thing. Instead, we got you know, Kurt Menafee, you know, messing up players names, and team names and it was just like any other thing. It just felt like it was low effort to me. And then you had ABC and ESPN on the converse of that, who put in a lot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know some people didn't like all the betting stuff, but they those games felt much bigger to me than the Fox Friday Night game, which should be the game that you would think, like, that's the spotlight game, and that's what we thought it was gonna be. It just really it never came to that. And yeah, I agree, and I agree with pro catch here who says that in the chat that there should have been some kind of pre game thing, And that's what I thought, like, even if you're you're already gonna have a three hour broadcast, why don't you spend five to ten minutes, you know, telling a little bit of a story, doing a pregame, making it a thing, dress it up, and then you've got the game. Because the gameplay was good, the product's good. You got to get people to watch.
Speaker 1: This is I guess we're and this will kind of dictate the conversation here to kind of round out all this is. You know, so, so where do you go from from here? Right? And Fox wants to be in this market because they want to own, you know, the programming, right, have cheap, repeatable programming, and that they have the the you know that they own and so I get that, But then when you're gonna have it and not put in the effort, and then you see stuff like Gordon rams here or ABC with the Connors getting I guess that. My question is where does that leave Fox? And obviously we don't know. I saw the comment earlier. You know, Fox decide that they go in in twenty six and kind of they basically they kind of dictate all this. I just don't know where you go from here or what. I don't know what marketing strategy you come up with here in a dark room to kind of figure out how what your game plan is for next year besides really overhauling and spending a lot of time and money to get the messaging now. And I just don't see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't even know that it's it would even be that expensive. It's like you've got producers for these games, You've got people who know how to put together you know, NFL broadcasts. I'm not saying that there was like a bunch of NFL personnel that were doing these Fox broadcasts. I mean to me that they were mostly you know, as we used to stay in the TV business, they were clean broadcasts. You didn't see like a ton of technical mistakes. There wasn't. It wasn't that kind of thing, although that first season or that first game was a little bit shaky. But but yeah, I don't even know that it's that expensive. You just change the format a little bit and that's free. But you've got to get some some talented producers who who probably you know, I would think a lot of them wanted to do a lot more. But maybe it's just like it's just not they just said, let's just put this on and get it over with. And when you have low effort things like that, or what at least appeared to be low effort, it's just not going to catch on. It's just it would be like anyone flipping around and you know, watching they flip around to ESPN on Sunday afternoon and they're showing X throwing. Well, you might watch it for a few minutes, but you're not going to watch the whole thing. I mean, there was darts on there one day and I was like, okay, this is interesting for about ten minutes and then I was like, okay, I'm gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, and the RIX told me, he's like, you need to mute your mic when you're not talking, So let me know if anyone if But like I just I don't know who is someone has to advocate for this, right like someone at Foster or at ESPN, And I don't know who that is anymore. And I think that the fact that we as you said, you know, you flipped aroundside darts or saw whatever whatever the peak was, you know, saw x amount during the first fifteen minutes of the thing and then decided that was enough of it and moved on right like it peaked in the here let me pull it up again, you know, peaked, so you know, I mean they're doing that, you know, and they lost three hundred thousand that way. I just I don't know, you know, if we're gone, if who's gone, Like, I just don't know who advocates or who you know, you need like a Sam Schwarztein or someone like in this regime of this kind of feeling, maybe you feel like it's advocating for the fans and more. I don't know, like it just it feels like we're very disconnected from this now and I just don't know where that advocation is going to come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question. And if they I guess also if they do it like they've done, you know, next year, you know, is the championship game going to be on Fox? So I don't know, but yeah, you you there, there needs to be. It feels like to me now we're outsiders. We don't know what, as you said, what goes on in the dark room, and we don't know what these meetings are like. They're supposed to have leadership meetings this week, they're supposed to be more throughout the summer. But you feel like they need to bring in someone who has some TV knowledge. It's not just football knowledge. They have the football knowledge people, they need some people who have some TV knowledge who can say, listen, I watched all your broadcasts and here's what I think you can do better and get that and and but who's the person at Fox to do this? Eric Shanks is that he's the main guy in Fox Sports. He's the guy who wanted to restart the USFL and that was his pet project and it didn't cost I mean for what it costs Fox again, this is it was a rounding area. It's pocket change for them, So it wasn't it's not a big expense. And you know, but you but you have investors involved in this also. You know in this now with the USFL, it was only Fox. Then with the XFL, you had you know, the Rock and Danny, and you had the Redbird Capitol. Now you've got you know, those two entities together. And then somehow I guess ESPN is doing some things, but I don't know how financially invested they are in it. So I don't know what. And I see someone mentioned they're Oliver Luck. You could pick a lot worse people than Oliver. Look there you go, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Best the interview we ever did in one of them last year, the talking and you know, and like I said, that was kind of I was like, I feel like I'm kind of done with a lot, Like I've climbed the mountain of I don't know, you know, like even the CFL now they have a new UH, they have a new UH commissioner, and I'm like, God, I got to go through the ranks again and work my way. I've done all this, But no, I do agree with Max here because you said bring in the TV people. But you need, you know, you need to get and and we've seen the comments here. Talk to the Savannah Bananas people or talk to the you know, the Harlem Globe tribe. People will talk to me like, how how can you you need to sell more just as entertainment than this football. You almost need to have it more. It's just that product.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's you know, something we've talked about too. You've been to games. I've been to games. It's some you go there and watch football, that's fine, but if you're going there for some kind of you know, game experiences, which is what you need to have, you don't get that a lot of places. Now I didn't go to all eight venues, so I don't know I can. You know, I've been to Saint Louis and they had you know, they had some stuff outside. You know, was at Memphis and you know they tried, but they had a very small crowd. But it's not it's not a you know, that's a they had a good tailgating section out there, but there's not this you know, we're gonna go and have all like minor league baseball, Like there's always something with minor league baseball. We brought it up before, and like you said, Savannah Bananas, there's there's entertainment for everyone. And then oh yeah, also you've got a game I had just in in Since the twenty twenty two USFL, I just have not seen a whole lot of that atmosphere game atmosphere or you know, fan atmosphere at some of these games because there's just not a lot to do there.
Speaker 1: I know they couldn't, but even even fourteen thousand and Audi Field would have looked tremendously different than fourteen. I mean that's that's that's a completely different Yeah, and then that helps build and excitement, you know, I mean we just I know we're talking not just a championship game, but you know we've talked to venues and all that. Yeah, I mean having the right, but you don't have you see all the time if they can only get this venue in this like yeah, I'm sure they're sitting there too, like we we I mean, you can't. We had one of the comments and said that you know, they had talked with the people at the Roughnecks and they know that like they're like, oh, yeah, they know it's a problem. I'm sure everyone on the ground does know it's a problem. But it's the same thing when you work in the corporation. I mean, I Pam in the county might know that there's a problem, but you need you know, Jenny the CEO to make that decision or whoever. Like it doesn't That doesn't do any good that you know that the San Antonio people know, and marketing is rough and San Antonio you need, but I don't continue and I just because I don't know when they run out of Karen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and that's we talked about. Someone brought it up to and it's a great idea, but that's the problem is that you would want to have like the higher seeded team host you know, host a playoff or host a championship. But it's it's a venue problem. And that's one of the things that Russ Brandon said that you know, they were trying to look at at He talked about venue problems. And I don't know if it was city problems or if it was venue problems, but I think they want to be they want to be more involved and be a bigger star on a bigger platform in some of these communities, but you have to have availability. And I know, you know, like this has happened a few times where you know, it happened with Michigan like last year and the end this year where even if they had one home field advantage they wouldn't get to play. It happened with the d C with you know, Audi Field this year because you're right, like it would have been incredible to see fourteen thousand people at Audi Field. I mean it just would have been it would have it would have been something else. So they got to look at the venues and as Russ Brandon said, everything's on the table. So I'm going to be interested in some of these off season announcements, assuming they come.
Speaker 1: So I'm watching, I'm watching, my bread, my breath, watching so everyone can see. I'm not like, we got got years of building out there. Yeah, Christopher here, we got Audi original. Aldis here at Aldi West. Yeah. So I like that that they were calling Aldi West, Yeah, Sat Louis so okay. So when Russ Brandon says that, right, everything is on the table, we're having leadership tops, we're having off season talks. I what does that look like or does that. I don't know. That doesn't fill me with a tremendous sense of enthusiasm that like I like that everything's on the table, but then that feels like nothing's on the table. And then I don't know if if registering new marks is the way I found the one just a weekend, I can give credit here, but like the first comment was like they have yeah, this, like they have trademarks for everything, like so you can read into it, you can read not but I I just it doesn't excite me to still have Russ and Darryll and them in charge of this, Like I feel like I feel like I've seen what this is now.
Speaker 2: Well I would say that I don't mind them being in charge, but as you brought up earlier, they need to have somebody else has to be in that room. Somebody that can, you know, as as Max said, somebody that can knows how to bring fans. They need somebody in there who knows how to fix these broadcasts, some of these broadcasts. So I know, I think that to me, I think they've got the football thing that they got. They got the football thing down, because I don't think anybody can complain about you know, overall like what the football looked like, even from the first three weeks, but certainly after week three, when again we talked about I think some of the quarterback issues started to show in the first three weeks and then everybody got on the same page. But you also can't go into it what we saw with the XFL, where that said Okay, we're going to have a team in Las Vegas and then they worked backwards. You can't do that because it was a complete failure. You got to do it a much different way. And I think that's why they did the whole RFP process was to say, Okay, we're going to talk to these cities, make sure there's interest, make sure there's the right venue, in the right situation, and the right fan base. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here read.
Speaker 1: Well, no, and and I completely agree. I mean, that is more how you have to do it. But again, it still feels like I am read and I am trying to get Sidney Sweeney to date me, or trying to get whoever to date me, you know. I mean, it's still and I'm a happily mayor maybe, but it still just feels like you know we're the UFL, like would you like us to come? And I don't. I think I think the CFL would have a higher stance and saying like, hey, we want to host a Gray Cup in you know, Tulsa and really blow it out and bring a lot of people in then get the tunors going there without like I don't, like, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't. I don't know what they're mean. We said this for I just don't know what they're selling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe this maybe we have Like it's been what thirty years since the CFL has been here in America? Is that what we need? I know there was somebody there was who kept saying like, well, the CFL and UFL need to merge and then they could do that, And I was like, I don't think that's gonna happen. But yeah, I mean I don't know, Like you're right, Like that's a great question. Where do you go from here? Again, On the positive side, the gameplay is good, the structure's already in place. But on the negative side, you've got to get more people involved and you have to get eyeballs from casual fans. And I think there are a lot of us in this niche that they're saying like, well, we don't need the casual fans. This is for us. Well that's not sustainable. I mean it can be for us, but it's six hundred thousand people. You know, watching network TV is not gonna do. You can be on Evergreen TV and right now TV like these arena football leagues are or whatever, so which would be fine, I guess, but you know you got to lower your expectations after that.
Speaker 1: It is wild and I know it's different, but like the Europeian League of Football like has a TV network or has a deal and the YouTube deal and is adding teams and all this, and then the UFL. How would you grade this season of the UFL because we heard a lot of well, we couldn't look through it year one because we you know, we merged the late and we didn't even know we were doing. So now you know we went through the whole year. How would you how would you rate this?
Speaker 2: Well, all grade on a curve because you know we saw it, like you said, we saw what happened in year one and and as as I think it was Danny Garcia or Darryl Johnson, one of the said like it was kind of murky. We were still trying to figure it out. They got it off the ground, so, you know, so to me, when I see season two, I have to give it at least a B because you everything, you know played out. They worked out the labor strife, they worked out that issue. We got good gameplay, they didn't put stuff on, they learned don't put you know, games on FS one and you know, but I know there were some issues with weather and things like that. That's out of their control. The things I thought that were in their control, I thought they handled well. So to me, it's got to be at least a BE.
Speaker 1: I just don't know, And I was trying to kind of formulate the way around this. I'm just I think they did a good job, right, I would agree with you and B and then we accomplished this. But going back and I'm just really trying to formulate my thoughts to kind of get out of this is I'm just afraid that like the UFL is going to end up being like a suits or something for like USA or one of these channels that's just on for like fifteen years and then just doesn't and then you're like oh, I didn't realize, like suits was on and then like, I'm just afraid that this is going to be on Friday nights on Fox for the next like fifteen years, and they're gonna go, well, it's cheaper than paying Gordon ramsay another show, and we'll do this. I just that's my fear, and that's what I don't want. But given year two, now we have that, do we just get a four hundred dollars super chat? Like, what's happening here? John?
Speaker 2: I think it disappeared though Steven might have been kind of go for four there.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it is a mistake, but someone's screenshot out I'll take it. I'll take that in their early retirement here.
Speaker 2: You've just broken Steven.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, they say I know that Tulsa has a high. Yeah, so we went through kind of all of that. Do we want to do that? Do you want to do that really quick before we get out of here? All right, so Van for a second and let me pull that up because that actually would be a good article to get into. This guy is killing me now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's a talk to me. I think if you don't have two new teams, at least this year in which we you know, we talked about before. If you if you don't add some teams or you know, try to fix the problems and you just go in status quo. I mean, that's when you start to get sagnet. And that's my concern that they say they the approach is almost too conservative. It's okay to shake things up, but I think there's some markets up there that this will this would work. And you know, as Daryl Johnson said, it's like, you know, they're trying to find out the disconnect but between some of this some of these markets. But yeah, I just like i'd really like to see, you know, some change. You got to they need change, and I don't know it has to be radical change, but there needs to be some change. The football is good, they've got to they got to catch some attention there.
Speaker 1: I'm muted now. I realized I hadn't muted that whole time there when I was looking at that article. But this is interesting. On here, Mike just talked through kind of the top top UFL markets, uh per Fox Sports, and this is on that Birmingham up here, and this is this is the share kind of in that market. So I would say that the you know, if it was New York or Seattle, that's you know, you see here Dallas has has a three share, you know, so it's it's anyway you see, Birmingham of the todd, New Orleans, Saint Louis no surprise, and there a Tulsa, A.
Speaker 2: Lot of you just really just use like just completely Nord Louisville in there.
Speaker 1: VELL know, Well, what's your thoughts on this, because that at least this gives you the direction to go more than just like we own the trademark. But I still don't think that, like, you know, point aid in Louisville as a reason to put a team there. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Well, I would one hundred percent disagree with that. No, I'm kidding. Uh No. New Orleans still is the biggest surprise to me. It's like it's just crazy that the two markets that get over a one rating are Birmingham, which I guess people are watching on TV rather than going to the games, and New Orleans, Like, I don't you know, I guess there had to have been there had to have been some some kind you know, when when they they started the USFL and they started the with the uh New Orleans breakers that thought, Okay, well they did they did some homework here, and they know that New Orleans is wanted the foot, wanted football because I think that was the original attend of the USFL. Here's some teams. We're going to sell these franchises off, you know, in the long term. Uh but yeah, but I mean when you look at Memphis, it's like a two share is still not bad, but it's you know, you don't have people showing up and you're still even in the markets, you're still the lowest one. So yeah, I mean, obviously no surprise with Saint Louis there, but the New Orleans one just seems like such an outlier to me.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of anti Becked comments here and I joke with you earlier. Didn't he back down followed me today? So either he's leaving the UFL or just my my negative comments about Saint Louis has has finally gotten to him. But people don't seem too happy with back there. I know the problem, John, and we've taught this market share and everything else is these non NFL markets, it's the reason why they're not there. And yeah, so you can draw a large percentage of the people there, but the overall number. Yeah, it's still not this large, massive people that you're moving them there? Is that your similar thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that. I mean, you're not going to have you know, Louisville and Tulsa and New Orleans probably in the league next year. But uh, you know, there's been some talk with Nashville, like there's there was, you know, not I wouldn't even say rumors, but discussion that maybe Memphis needs to go to Nashville. You know, I don't know if that works or not. But but yeah, you're right, it's just there. There there's some outliers in there, but I don't think that necessarily means that they're outliers where they're going to put a team in there. I'd love to see it. I'd love to have season tickets to the Louisville whoever's.
Speaker 1: Max year had that, I think it was a D plus for the obviously seeing some ratings in your D plus Jenna has a B minus. Uh Max year. How can you drum up excitement when you can't expand let the fans be involved. I just, to me, the hardest part of all that is going in the next season, and just I don't know what you're I just shouldn't know what the talking point is. Now that we've moved past the merger and now that we move past the rock and all that.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like if you if you don't expand and it's the same eight teams, I think you you roll, you roll the dice. You're you're running a real risk of losing your core fandom too, because I think there are a lot of core fans who would say, like, you're just gonna do this again. I'm just I'm not gonna be that interested, and and that that's a worry to me because that that that's the end of the league when you start to lose the core, because you have to build from the core and then go out to the casuals. And when you start to lose this, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had the comment here, and I'm doing kind of better than what I had said. I don't think these shares are big enough to actually expand. These markets are so small. You're getting the small share in the smaller market. But that's how you're going to kind of gauge the fan. I think that's how people are gonna they take that information, they're going to use that to look for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you get a one point five share in uh, you know, a top ten market that get that you're you're talking numbers, but you're right. Yeah, these when you start to look at the like the Nielsen markets, like for instance, you know, Louisville is forty set, forty eight, forty nine. It's so that's a different for Birmingham is probably in that area as well. So these are you know, now New Orleans, actually New Orleans I think is maybe fifty one. So you're looking at, you know, these mid size markets that are not necessarily the ratings are good, but but overall numbers when you see them, if you you you know, you put shares to actual population, that's a different story.
Speaker 1: I still to see so many anti backed comments here. I mean, it's really just crazy that way.
Speaker 2: Well that that's fine if you want to get rid of BECT, but you know, who's who's your upgrade? It's I mean, i'd say that on a from high school to college to any pro level, Like if you want to fire your coach, that's fine, but who's your replacement that's going to be better, that's gonna do what he's done. I mean, I'm not you know, trying to defend back. He can do that himself. But to me, like there are a lot of coaches in this league that you know that you might be able to improve on, I don't know if if there's one for Anthony Beck, I think there's a lot of frustration. I get that, but you know, I don't know that how. I don't know like how you're going to improve on him. Not to say there aren't great coaches out there, but you know, I just can't see it.
Speaker 1: And and he had a funny guy. It's all fun and games firing the coach until you win two games the next season. But you know, if it was me and I had to sell this league and you got rid of I don't know, a couple of coaches and try to bring in someone that's got some college and you know, yeah, Cachet and those markets, or I mean, I can't you know, I'm not smart enough with the college football brand, you know, off the top of my head, But I just can't think of any other way you kind of get people to go out unless you deal with like Zorn and all that, with the Sea Dragon or with the Dragons, like I think you got to have maybe that connection then yeah.
Speaker 2: But the problem is with that, as you know, like there's a reason Reggie Barlow went to Tennessee State. He's probably gonna make thirty times what he was making, you know, as a head coach in the UFL. So you're gonna you're gonna have to, uh, you're gonna have to spend some money to get some of that. I mean. And it's not like Tennessee State's Alabama. I mean, you know, it's it's so there's there's a lot of money in college coaching right now, and I don't know if the UFL, even with just eight teams, is going to try to keep up with those coaches salaries like that. Because there are a lot of good coach like Peyton Party, you can say say whatever you want to about him. That guy is going to be a head coach somewhere on a on a big level. He's a young dude. You know, they didn't have a lot of success, but you look at his journey just this season, what he had to go through and what he did. It's like, man, he had those guys. He had those guys playing when there was nothing to play for and he's a young dude. So yeah, is he gonna stay in the UFL? I mean he might next season. He might be a head coach next season somewhere. Uh you know that. So you've got to you got to spend some money if they want to keep guys and get guys like.
Speaker 1: That, well they're gonna do with the defense. Do you think they're gonna just have to rebuild or open up the pocketbook? I mean that to me, you have your I mean imagine now if Sharon Harris, Shannon Harris goes, it's makes it worse now that they won the championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're right. I mean it's it's funny.
Speaker 1: Or don't you say, oh, look he got this big promotion because he Look look it could even happen to you.
Speaker 2: I mean right, yeah, you're right because you look at the optics that were bad because Reggie Barlow left before the season and now with that same team, like the interim coach who all the players said, well we want to take that interim tag off. But it's like, well, how much is he going to make? You know, will he follow you know, Reggie Barlow or will he come back and add like more to this, you know, to his coaching resume, Like what's going to be better for him? You know, I don't know, I don't, I don't. I would love to talk to somebody in the coaching community to see what they really think about if if someone like Shannon Harris, who like obviously should have been coach of the Year, there's no question about that, and he won Coach of the Year. So it's like, does that increase his resume to stay there and try to repeat on that, or does he go to Tennessee State and you know, whatever position coach or what are a coordinator that he is there? So you know, I don't know, but you're right, that's going to be kind of a he's got he's got some decisions to make and what DC could be a total rebuild and that would be that would be tough for that team to have to bring in a whole new staff. And then you got to wonder too, how many of those players, like a Jordan Tom who does he want to play for and you know, for a third coach. I don't know if he does.
Speaker 1: You know, he's kind of holding the cards. I mean I kind of like that. I like that, but Max had a thing here. You know, there's no way that you could get paid more to be the head coach in the pro league. Well, that is the UFL. I mean, is the UFL get out paid?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Is that your question?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it's I don't know. I don't I don't know, Willie like it. I don't know what the salary structure is. I mean, I know, I know what uh what? You know what Barlow? I mean, that was a pretty big that was a pretty big pay raise for him to be head coach there. And that is a and that's a school who's actually financially struggling right now, and he knew it going in. So I don't know what the what the staff pay is like, but you know there's I don't and so you got to understand, like are you going to compare that to the UFL structure? Like what that going to look like? And as we talked about before, also what does it mean for you know, when you're talking about a coaching resume and trying to enhance that move up.
Speaker 1: Anything else we want to talk about here we got just a couple of minutes left. Anything else.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that one of the reasons that I got into YouTube was because of you and and you know, because I'd watched you a lot, and you did a lot of you know, in interviews and everything else, and you were like one of the reasons that and you were super supportive of me, like starting out. In fact, you were on the first episode that I did, which by the way, I think still has like twenty thousand views, and I thought like, okay, I'm about to blow YouTube up. It didn't really kind of sustain that way.
Speaker 1: It never does. They give you the line.
Speaker 2: But but you, like you were like one of the like kind of champions in my corner, and you always helped, You always gave me good advice, and we got to be friends over this. You know. That was in December of I think twenty twenty three, or yeah, or twenty yeah, twenty twenty three, I guess so, or maybe even twenty twenty two. It's been it's been a few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was back. The twenty two was when, you know, that was when Andy Murray kind of joined the world in you and kind of that was really when we kind of I think just a lot more people got into the space with the U. I mean the USFL BABA twenty two is I think the biggest.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent you ever had, Sinse Yeah, and it was just it was it was fun to do, and I just continued to do it, and I just you know, I always appreciate your support and certainly appreciate your friendship. And you know, I'll never publish the text that we My promise to you is I'll never publish the text that we send to each other. That's good.
Speaker 1: No, well, no, I appreciate it, and it's just yeah, I'm I mean, I'm burnt out. John probably knows that, and the people and you know, at least it made a lot of sense to the beginning of the CFL season coming out here and the fact that we're not going to be here for Great Cup and we're not going to go do that. That made a lot of sense and that made that decision easy. And this summer is terrible for me. And it's not fair that the people listening to the show to expect us to have you know, full your watching, or you know, to expect me to have a full rewatch or be informed and talk. It's just kind of getting to the point where it's not fair and I never want to be like the stephen A. Smith playing not to that level, but like the playing solitaire at the game and like not. You know, it's really hard to talk about this stuff when you're not fully mbressed, and I feel like I've kind of cheated my way through that the last year or so, just kind of trying to rely on Jason Hussey a lot last year with the CFL and then you and everything with the UFL right now. So it's just gotten to a point where I don't think it's fair to the fans and everything else. So yeah, people are like, oh, it's just like, yes, it's said the last episode of film. It's like, what's happening here? But anyway, so I yeah, I think we'll see. I mean, if they come out tomorrow and say the league's going the way, But I don't. I just don't want there to be that expectation that we're coming back on. So John will continue to do a lot of stuff on his channel and like I said, off the top, but we'll promote kind of anyone else new with that. But it's just not fair to the people, and I don't have the time to do six interview two and a half hour shows anymore like it was fun. I mean it was a really fun time and that was it.
Speaker 2: Well again, I appreciate everything that you've done, and you know, you introduced me to this whole YouTube world and yep, and we just have to say, yep, salute to you man. It's it's been fun and I appreciate you this whole season, like having me on and we got to talk to UFL you know, online and offline. So I appreciate that. It was it really was fun.
Speaker 1: Ah yes, says everyone saying goodbyes as the yeah, as the pressure washers here. But I will say so I've left everyone if you've made it to this point, I've left everyone a little boats present here at partying gift. John knows about this last week and we could change this, but this is just the gift that is always going to give. And so as we know, the the UFL, you know, football league doesn't own UFL dot com. I think it's a shipping line, right, It's like United freight line. And they also don't all now, so their website is the UFL dot com. So I have purchased UFL football dot Com and if you go type that in right now, I left you a little present. So if anyone and if anyone ever wants to get ahold of that, but maybe we'll change that, maybe we'll do other stuff with it. But John, I really appreciate it. We'll still talk and like I said, if anyone ever wants me to come on or anything. If anyone and you might say read we don't want to ever see again, and that's great too, but I'll still be I just don't want the pressure of doing this.
Speaker 2: But no, you will definitely be on my when you're available. I will definitely have you on.
Speaker 1: And don't what was I gonna say to Streamyard definitely already charged me. I think it was yesterday for this month. So I'm so glad. I'm like, damn it. We couldn't even get through one more episode. I'm the streamyrd account. But anyway, I really appreciate it. Go check out John's channel. We'll see everyone. Be nice and you know, like online and stuff and just be nice to people. All right, We'll see you guys. How do I get out of here?
Speaker 2: All right,