Speaker 1: It is time to teck it out the latest tech news here on jr R. It is brought you by our Pick your Ticket Thursday at one oh one one w JRR on Instagram, multiple options for you to win great concert tickets.
Speaker 2: Today Metallica tickets, maybe tickets that sold out, My Chemical Romance, My Chemical Romance concert. Got those two Monster jam again. If you're not following us, it's at one oh one one WJRR. We do giveaways on there all the time.
Speaker 1: Arabella Rumsa is a twelve year old sixth grader at the Geneva School. She's from Winter Park and she suffers from diminished hearing. She has a hearing disability. That's thanks she has just won the United States Grand prize in med El's Ideas for Ears International Invention Competition. Arabella dreamed up a USB device that plugs right into a cochlear implant ascessor, and it records everything a teacher says during class, so later you can plug it into your computer to transcribe the notes. Good for her, cow handy that comes for someone who has a hearing disability.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Can I have that story by chance for the Good News Network tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Not only did she win the top Yes, of course she can anything to help she win a scholarship or anything. She won the top spot here in the US. She also gets an all expense pay trip to Innsbruck, Austria to meet the other young inventors from around the world who took home prizes in their countries. So her invention took tops here in the US.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Congrats to her. If you're a iPhone user, Apple is insisting you update now with the new iOS update. It's eighteen dot three dot one to patch a critical security flaw. Just passing it along to you iPhone users.
Speaker 2: Let me see if there's any update. I did see something on that a while ago. Yep, haven't done.
Speaker 1: It yet, son of a gun. That tells me I don't have enough storage. Update on Elon Musk and his group investors who put together one hundred billion dollar bid for open Ai. The update as of this morning. Elon says he will withdraw the hundred billion dollar bid for open ai if they agree to remain a non profit and free to use by the public, which was his intent when they first came up with this. So we'll see in Sam Altman's court now to respond to that Well had told you a while back that there were rumblings that Nissan and Honda were going to merge. This morning, they announced they have ended discussions on a deal that would have created the world's third largest carmaker, So that deal has been nixed.
Speaker 2: They give any reasoning Noop.
Speaker 1: Says they will collaborate within the framework of a strategic partnership, but as far as a UH corporate merge, that's not going to happen. Google announcing they're going to be doing tests using AI to help determine users' ages to better deliver age appropriate material, specifically to you know, minors talker. This is the good side AI, where you know, if it's another layer that's going to put a protective barrier between you know, a young, impressionable mind that might not be supposed to be seeing certain things. As long as it works, that's good. It'll be testing that out to see how it goes. Apple's TV app and their Apple TV Plus streaming service, as well as MLS season Pass, is now launching a more Android devices. UH. There had previously been a version of the Apple TV app and TV Plus streaming app available for Google Tea, but this newer released Apple support a broader range of Android based devices, including phones, tablets, and whatnot. So if you know you're an Android partisan, but hey, you know, I might not mind having Apple TV or the MLS season pass, chances are now better that you'll be able to access that material.
Speaker 2: Well, if you do that, Android users, I might just remind you. I could give a rads apps to whether you're an Android or Apple, but if you use the Apple app, then you may have to take away your little you know rib that says get Android every time you send texts or emails.
Speaker 1: For the first time, more people are watching YouTube on TVs rather than their mobile phones actual YouTube Apple. So I mean a lot of people don't realize how much stuff that you think, you know, you know, I forgot about that show or this show or whatever, you can actually find on YouTube. So much of that stuff is there. And the way TVs are now integrated with the streaming apps and whatnot, this does not surprise me one bits.
Speaker 2: First thing I go to when I'm looking for an old program to see if I can find copies YouTube.
Speaker 1: And finally there's this lovely gem to look forward to. In December of twenty thirty, two, there is a fairly good sized asteroid that has an increasingly better chance of well hitting Earth right now. The odds, from what they've been able to determine, are one to forty three of this hitting Earth in December of twenty thirty two. These odds seem to keep improving, so scientists have been told to use the James Webb Space Telescope to further study this rock, which is named been named twenty twenty four. Why are four? They want to find out the exact size and path, and knowing this will help them figure out if it could be more dangerous than they already think just blasted now, perhaps give a little more, uh you know, lead time into figuring out a game plan if this thing is indeed going to smack into Earth at some points.
Speaker 2: What's that the microscope called?
Speaker 1: That is the James Webb Space Telescope. I believe that is the most powerful telescope in the world.
Speaker 2: Talk, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna attach a laser to that one and go ahead, when you're checking out, just hit the red button and zap it.
Speaker 1: That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's just all that. It turns into pebbles up in space. You send Bruce Willis up there to I don't land on it, and I don't know about all. They'll just blow that some gut out of there right now and it'll just be more debris floating up there.
Speaker 1: OK. December of twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: There's two astronauts, there are stuff.
Speaker 1: Don't bring them into this.
Speaker 2: Come on Glitch and Taking on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R R