Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck in afternoon.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well.
Speaker 2: You're twenty twenty four National League Championship Series featuring your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets. After the Dodgers took the series opener last night, they are back at it today Game.
Speaker 3: Two of the NLCS.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brazier on the mound as the opener for the Blue and what is going to be a bullpen game. Veteran left hander Sean Maniah will go for the Mets. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is set for one OHO eight coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts and his Game two pregame thoughts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vaza, our Dodger insider, joins us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with No Ma, no mar Garcia para. We got your Dodgers magic moment. Shortly we will check in with Kirsten Watson. We got your O Tawny rewinding in just a few minutes. We will head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Last night at the Ravine, Flerity was dealing as the Dodgers pitched the shutout in the series opener. Jack Flerry the pride of Burbank seven shutout innings. He scattered just two hits while striking out six along the way. Flerity with one of his best outings of the season. He was nasty. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense jumped on the Mets starter code I singa in the first he walked the bases loaded, then with two outs, Max Munsey delivered no.
Speaker 4: Score at the bottom of the first sitting a two to one pitch. Monsey swings fights at the center field.
Speaker 5: This BOWLO get down.
Speaker 6: Bookie scores Freddie trying to come around the throw is cut off.
Speaker 5: He stepped full the place.
Speaker 6: Max Monthy with a two out, two run single, two nothing.
Speaker 3: Dodgers puff the best ay two runs.
Speaker 2: Single for Dodgers strike first a two to nothing lead. That is a top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality. Top tier gash for less in the second, show he Otani with a base hit to right, scoring Gavin Lux. In the fourth, Dodgers busted in a wide open against the Mets bullpen, Tommy Edmond with an RBI single, show heyl Tani a single with Edmond scoring on an air Freddie Freeman delivered the base hit to left that scores show Hey. Dodgers with three runs in the fourth go up six to nothing. Then in the eighth, Bass is loaded for Mookie Betts, who put the game out of reach with the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: Here's the two to one pitch.
Speaker 3: Ookie Bets hits it on.
Speaker 6: The ground beyond the diving Ben Sol's the third down the line in fair kick. Kason Krmeyer scores so Hey coming round no play at the play Hey three run double from Mookie Betts. He unloads the faces and makes it nine nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Bass is clearing double for Mookie. Dodgers up nine to nothing. That is a breath of fresh air moment of the game. Presented by a Tar Mechanical looking for a reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California. A Tara Mechanical as your trusted partner. The service is more than just a solution. It's a breadth of fresh air from the moment you call the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair prize. Dodgers with the big lead and they never looked back. Jack Flirty, the seven shutout innings, Daniel Hudson, Ben Kasparius each pitch to scoreless inning and relief. Dodgers take Game one of this NLCS beating the Mets last night nine to nothing. How about the Dodgers pitching now thirty three consecutive scoreless innings, tying a major league record. A quick turnaround, though, day game after a night game. Game two of the NLCS coming up. It's Ryan Brazier as your opener. First pitch on one oh eight and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon and welcome in Steven Nelson Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Great to be back with you. Tim Kates. Is a quick turnaround for the Dodgers and the Mets in Game two of this LCS. Cooler day, a much more overcast day, or beloved marine Layer blessing us here on this Monday morning. Rick and the Dodgers blessed this crowd last night with another shutout win. That's three in or zero thirty three consecutive scoreless innings. They've scored now twenty three runs since the Dodgers' staff last allowed to run. That it's the second longest single postseason streak ever. They're just on some kind of run right now.
Speaker 7: They're on a run. And for Dave Roberts talking about before, it's not just the pitching, which has been absolutely superb. There's no way of fans and butts about it, but the defense has been there. Offense, I thought last night very thoughtful advance and not the case with the New York Mets. I was really kind of puzzled with the Mets looking at them. I don't know what their game plan was, but what we saw was swinging early in the count and not necessarily at very good pitches early in the count. A lot of the first pitch of swings and swings and miss on top of that, So the Dodgers said, the other part too, is they have run the bases exceptionally well to this particular point, and running the bases well, problematic for New York even down by a lot of runs at the time, down by six, a base running mistake that limits what they can do. So, yeah, the Dodgers, it's a good beginning, but it's only game one, and that is.
Speaker 4: Well putmol It leaves me right into a next question for you, because it is just one game. And Mookie Bets did say allude to that point in his meeting with the media. He's like, look at just one down. The next number after one is two. We'll worry about later. Later, is what Mookie Betts said. Because the fact remains, the Mets can come back, throw a punch even this series tonight, and then go back home. They still hon't field advantage. So this's just one game. Last night. It was a good one for the Dodgers, but it was just one Steve.
Speaker 7: And I heard a great line this morning from the Dodgers outstanding historian Mark Langel. Yeah, in a pregame interview today early this morning here from a Dodger stadium, he said, and asked about game one and obviously a win for the Dodger's side, he goes, yes, but what you're climbing Mount Everest, you don't start. You don't stop halfway in high five one another. Again, there's still a long way to climb, but it is a good beginning, especially here at home. And I think the Dodgers really absorbed the energy that was in this building last night.
Speaker 4: And it was palpable. Hopefully there are a good number of you out there who are on your way now taking off work, ditching work, have a good excuse for work. Same can be said for your children at school to get here to Dodgers dating for games.
Speaker 7: Just say you're doing research.
Speaker 4: Yes exactly, it's a part of a big study and you're helping out the Dodgers organization. That's all you're doing. I mean, it's it's really your civic duty to get here for game number two. It'll be a bullpen game for the Dodgers against Sean and I of the Mets. We'll talk more about that pitch, civic and civil duty. Back to you, Tim, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza shaking emoje right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from No mar Garcia para David vatas A checks in. Throughout the show, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with the Dodgers goal with an opener up next. So you're Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from sports and at LA. We are leading you up to first pitch Game two of the National League Championship Series Dodgers in New York Mets. First pitch of one oh wait. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Keats's Los Angeles Dodgers all your.
Speaker 1: Network, it is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mets. Game two of the NLCS. Ryan Frasier is the opener for the Blue Shaman, and I, the leftender, will go from New York.
Speaker 3: First pitch at one o wait, this is the.
Speaker 4: Rewhy thing at the belt looking ahead toward third base comes home. Oldtani swings and chops it to the.
Speaker 6: Right side and the right field a base hill Alonso Dove couldn't get there.
Speaker 4: There comes looks RBI single show. Hey old Tani, make it three nothing, god dude, one on one out in the fourth, now a four nothing game. Otani in a laser right.
Speaker 3: Center field and Martello watch up banks.
Speaker 6: Off the base of the wall. Otani in the second Tommy Edmund coming home from first.
Speaker 5: Let's throw home, not in tomming off the barn.
Speaker 6: What absolute missile the right center field hit the base of the wall brought Tommy.
Speaker 5: Edm been home.
Speaker 2: It's now five nothing l showy Otani goes two for four with the RBI on base three times, including a walk, as the Dodgers shut out the Mets in Game one of the NLCS last night, nine to nothing. You know TONI rewind brought to my eto anzy on chot Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks. If 'l be a local DISO stores in eto In dot com, that's.
Speaker 3: It o e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirson now joined us from the stadium before Game two of this NLCS. We talked about a possible letdown in Game one. Nonsense, none of that, says the Dodgers. They scored nine runs. Jack flaerity was great and the Dodgers, O Kierson need to keep that momentum.
Speaker 3: They really do.
Speaker 8: I mean, yesterday was it was so much fun one watching that game. Obviously obviously seeing what Jack Clarity did on the mound, the story, just the feel good story of this guy who grew up in southern California. You grew up a Dodgers fan, you see the adorable baby photos. And then for him to come out here be the game one starter, his first time being game one starter, actually in his postseason career, and to be able to set the tone like he did that was, I mean, it was huge for him, it was huge for this team. And then obviously he saw the offense take off and it wasn't you know, slugging left and right. It was, you know, really quality at bats and just seeing how they passed the baton up and down, the lineup and getting on and so that is exactly what they're hoping to do today. It's kind of the same kind of blueprint, same plan, get to the starter early. Yes if Jem and Ia. So things might look a little bit different, but that's what they're hoping to do and set the tone in this one, because you're right, you know, the foot has got to stay on the gas with this one. Obvious to the Mets, they're a very talented team. They're known for coming back and winning, and so we cannot have them do that, especially with going to New York for the next three.
Speaker 2: Kirston's brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today, Yeah, and your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. The plan today a bullpen game Kurrisen and Ryan Brasier gets the first inning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ryan Brazier is gonna have the start. They feel really good about the high leverage arms that they have available because yesterday, as we talked out with Jack thirty going so deep into the game, very few arms came in behind him, just Daniel Hudson and Ben Casparius. So getting a young guy some postseason experience. So for today, yes, Ryan Brazier has the start. Now, Dave Roberts did say, and we know all and this makes sense because it is a seven game series, so you know you're gonna want to keep your arms in a good spot. And they're about to have yes tomorrow off within three days in New York, he could be seeing landon Nack taking down the bulk of this game, or at least majority of the olts in this game. Obviously, he's going to manage very aggressively, and I have to imagine especially prioritizing the top of the order so all the high leverage arms are in a good spot. I mean, everyone is essentially available, to be honest. So we'll see just kind of how this one plays out, but there is opportunity that, you know, if landon Nack becomes out here, if he's pitching well as well, and he's efficient, then we could see him taking down quite a few innings.
Speaker 2: If keep the momentum going, that's the most important thing. The Dodgers' bullpen needs to do that. More zeros set that MLB postseason record curs that we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David mat Say goes one on one with Nomar Garciapara.
Speaker 3: What up next? We'll hear from the.
Speaker 2: Manager himself, Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts before Game two of the NLCS. It's the Dodgers and Mets first pitch at one O eight. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Bronco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday afternoon. If we're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers Mets Game two of the National League Championship Series, Morongo Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times. Ryan Brazi are the opener for the Dodgers first pitch at one o eight.
Speaker 3: Anything else questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 10: Dugouts with Dave Roberts as you met at the bopen game, like what went into starting with Brazier obviously did that in Game four for you guys.
Speaker 11: I think with Braisee, we feel he's pretty neutral. He's done it, you know, numerous times, and you know it's it's essentially you know, deploying, you know, whatever guys we have in the pen today, but I plan on using a lot of them today. But I think with Braves, it's just more that he's done it and we feel he's neutral.
Speaker 4: How does Nac fit into the plan for today?
Speaker 11: He's in there. He's in there. I don't know when I'm going to run him out there, but he's definitely in there. And you know, my expectation is that he's going to take down most of the else tonight today.
Speaker 10: And with Freddy is he is he in there today?
Speaker 11: He's in there today, Jerson.
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 8: I know, yesterday a lot of the conversation was about just not kind of taking their foot off the gas.
Speaker 5: Obviously we saw what they were able to do.
Speaker 8: How important is it though, just to carry that into a new day and into today's game.
Speaker 11: It's it's very important, obviously, I think, you know, getting back after it a day game after night game, I think that's good for us. Yeah, I thought that we were really good early Offensively, Jack certainly set the tone. We did some little things well, and we added on the late. You know, Manai is a different pitcher than we've seen in the past dropping his arm, angle his and so it's a different kind of look, kind of liking him to a little Chris Sailish, but he's going to compete. We got to work cut out for us, and you know, we got to take good at bets and if we can stress them and you know, make them go to their pen, then it's gonna bode really well for us.
Speaker 9: Go to the second round the right Hey, Dave, Obviously every series is different, but with these bullpen sessions that you guys are you know, putting out there, what have you learned from the last series that you can pretty much add to with this series as far as learning and being able to be effective and get the win that you're looking for.
Speaker 11: I think what we lear from last series is, you know, there's a lot of capable guys in the pen. They're very confident right now and so for me, certainly in a longer series that you can use these guys whenever you feel you just the level of trust is as high as ever been. I think it works, but it's working both ways.
Speaker 9: Go to Jack on the left side, third row.
Speaker 4: How's the Gavin doing today?
Speaker 11: Gavin's doing okay, He'll be available off the bench in a big spot to pinch hit. I don't see him coming into play defense.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, very fortunate that we have an off day tomorrow and we'll kind of see how Game three three plays out.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by him being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared. Service Titan dot Com. What we continue here on dodgors on deck, we will check in with v David Vats. He leads out to first pitch Game two of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 3: Season Law Law Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 2: Game two of the NLCS. Ryan Brazier as the opener, Shaman and Ayah goes for the Mets first pitch coming up head, what away?
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman today got a special visit from a guest.
Speaker 12: That's right, Freddie Freeman's youth hitting coach was here with his son, Sean Green. That's right, Sean Green throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. And his dad, Irack Green, was Freddie Freeman's hitting coach as a youth and into you know, his first couple of years in professional baseball with the Atlanta Braves. So Ira Green was taken into the clubhouse by Lon Rosen, and Freddie was pleasantly surprised that he got to see old friend Ira Green. So great to see Sean, his dad, his wife, and his daughter out here.
Speaker 5: A great family.
Speaker 12: And Ira Green is still coaching the youth in Orange County just like he used to coach Freddie Freeman back in the day.
Speaker 3: Very cool, all right, DV.
Speaker 2: Today, what is the plan for the bullpen? I mean, Ryan braz is gonna get the start? Is this going to be a repeat of Game four the NLDS.
Speaker 12: The way it's going to be repeated, Tim is we are not going to see the bulk innings type of pitcher, whether that be Landon Nack or Brent Honeywell, that's not what I expect after what we saw in Game four and the fact that last night Dave Roberts did not have to use his high leverage relievers because thanks to Jack Flaherty's seven scoreless and the Dodger offense putting up nine runs. So I do believe it's going to be a repeat repeat in the fact that he is going to go with his high leverage relievers throughout this game unless it gets out of hand one way or the other.
Speaker 3: Certainly makes sense. David is driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, its choices, Bye yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough, this mark can only be called f one fifty. This Dodger's offense, David Wow, more dynamic than ever.
Speaker 12: Sure everybody's talking about it this morning. Tim how the Dodgers hit sixteen home runs in the NLDS to score their twenty four runs. Well, last night they scored nine runs against these Mets without hitting a home run and they had two sacrifice bunts. So really just playing their best baseball at the right time. And I know everybody likes to talk about small ball. That wasn't small ball last night. That was smartball. And hopefully the Dodgers continue to play that way, because if they do, they are going to be a very tough team to beat the rest of the ways.
Speaker 2: The crowd was part of it in Game five on Friday nights. Last night, in game one of this NLCS, the crowd was a big part of it. Expecting a good crowd today out there for Game two DVS.
Speaker 12: I would expect they would tim a late riving crowd obviously Monday, even though it is a banker's type of holiday. Today, a lot of a lot of friends are here and I'm starting to see the pavilion fill up, so that's always a good sign, and the corner of the reserve levels, that's always a good tell on how big of a crowd we're going to have. And already fans are in position to cheer the Dodgers onto a Game two victory.
Speaker 3: Can I wait, DV.
Speaker 2: We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Nomar Garcia Para. We'll dive deeper into this pitcham matchup up next. So your Dodgers Magical moment for leading you up to Game two of the NLCS Dodgers in New York. MAT's first bitch from Dodgers stadiums at one oh eight. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers on Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Tack on your Home for the Blue.
Speaker 1: All season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Matt's Game two of the National League Championship Series. Ryan Brasier is the opener for the Dodger Shaman Yah, We'll get the start for New York first pitcher one O eight.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Howby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty seventeen Game two of the NLCS Dodgers and Cubs at Dodgers Stadium. The game was tied at one in the bottom half of the ninth inning. The Yaciel Puigue walked. Chris Taylor walked that brought up Justin Turner.
Speaker 13: Turner in the postseason with the Dodgers is twelve for seventeen during the regular season, three walk off hits Turner for.
Speaker 5: The five ball the center field. It's way back.
Speaker 14: At the wall. A three run walk off home run for Justin Turner. The Dodgers are up two games to none and they are going crazy.
Speaker 2: A three run walk off home run for Red turn two.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Stadium was shaking. It was so loud.
Speaker 2: It was the dodgers first walk off home running the postseason since Kirk Gibson's home run in Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World Series, exactly twenty nine years to the day. Dodgers win the game four to one, and they took a two games to nothing lead in the twenty seventeen in LCS. This Hofey Magical moment brought you by Hofey hot Dogs, a SoCal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit a hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Pray Delicious Haffee hot Dogs. Let we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We all check back game on Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: We're gonna lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and Mets on this Monday afternoon.
Speaker 3: It's Game two the NLCS. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: Network as we were saying yes.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mets, Game two of the NLCS, Ryan Brazier on the Mount Shaman, Andy the veteran left hander.
Speaker 3: We'll go for.
Speaker 2: New York Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenci Handcrampton Sushi made Fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game or after at Ralphson on the local supermarkets right near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick Monday, the Dodgers off to a good start in this series, and everybody is still buzzing that they scored nine runs without hitting a home run.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think that they played smart baseball and they played well if you talk about small ball, but I look at it. I listened to your post game last night, and you know, I thought there was one thing he was brought up, wasn't small balls smart ball? And they had opportunities to get runners over in the scoring position and laid down two sacrifice bunths that really helped lead to runs because the hitting came in what appeared to be a very good plan, and that was to be very patient, get some good pitches, and they outlasted. I mean, if you look at Toodei Singa and he ran into DRAMs, he walked three in a row after the first out at the bottom of the first, Dodgers wind up scoring two runs on a big, big hit by Max Muncy. I did not think and looking at the Mets in last night's ball game, David, I did not really see a plan offensively when they came to home plate. I thought they were over anxious. They swung early in the counts and not necessarily at good pitches. I would expect them to have a better plan today. And if we look at the Mets, interesting note that they just found is that they have scored most of their runs in postseason play. In fact, twenty two of the thirty eight have been scored against relief pitchers. And I'd bring that up because the Dodgers are starting with relief pitchers the bullpen game, and it's going to be Ryan Brazier for this game too. Of the big series. I mean, we put it in perspective in last night's a pregame. You know, this is more than just a Nashley Championship series. This is to see who goes to the World Series.
Speaker 12: Yeah, when you think about it that way, it's more monumental, and the Dodgers feel like they're very close to doing that. But I always lean on you Rick, as a guy that has played at Dodger Stadium for many years. On a daylight today, is it going to be tough for the Dodger hitters to see the ball out of Sean Manya's left hand.
Speaker 7: Well, he's dropped a different arm angle. You bring up a very good point. It's a different Sean and Iah than what the Dodgers have seen in the past. His arm angle release point used to be higher. He's dropped down a little bit more. Throws a lot of hoss speed pitches. And you know, one of the things I'll talk about in the free game as well, Dodgers need to be able to establish where the top of their strike zone is. I bring that up because when I had worked very well in the upper ranges of the strike zone, and if he could get you to expand the top part, he's going to be a tough guy. Throws a lot of spin. Stave Roberts is alluding to that means breaking stuff. He'll turn it over, He'll do a lot of different things. I watched him last night as he was leaning against the top rail in the in the Mets first base dugout. He was observing everything that Dodgers hitters did. And that's one of the things that I hear in talking to people that know Sean and I very astute in observing what's going on with hitters. And we'll see how it plays out today, Rick.
Speaker 12: In the last series, the NLDS series, there was a controversial base running play where Freddy Freeman and threw the ball into Manny Machado's back who was on the grass. And the play that was made by Reggie Jackson against your Dodgers during the seventy seven World Series.
Speaker 7: Seventy eight, but I don't remember much about it under the fact that Frank Pully is a second base unplier, and it was the sixth inning of Game four, Tommy came out what should have been a double play ball and for Russell's throw coming across the second base bank throw and go over to Garby at first. Jackson was the runner at first base stuck out his hip and Tommy came out and trying to plead the cases he should have been called for interference because he went out of his way to interfere with the throw. And I thought that was really a deciding play and a call that should have been made that allowed Thurman Monthson to score from second base, and eventually the Yankees overcame a three run deficit with a four to three walk off victory in ten innings in that ballgame, and I thought and still think that that was a call that was missed. You know, we saw a similar play where the Dodgers took advantage of a throw by Pete Alonso almost the identical setup as we saw with Machano that you were alluding to, is that where the runner was there within the baseline, within the rights of what a runner can do going down to the second base bag, and a big throwing air by Alonzo.
Speaker 12: It's just the reminder little things like that can change not only a game, but a series.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know the nineteen seventy eight that play is still a little Yeah, i'mkay offbeat as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 12: We'll leave it right there, please, we'll check back in with Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson once more before first pitch.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to Tim Katson the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks lot, DV Dodgers fans and Hans. You're listening to experience my downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday is David alluded to off the keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But up next, high and tight with no more Garcia para.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Mets Game two of the NLCS. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers and Mets leading up to Game two of the NLCS. Ryan Brasier is the opener Shamanya and the left hander will go from New York. First pitch of one O eight Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA.
Speaker 3: When you need the very best care for your child. One place to go.
Speaker 2: Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearments is high and tight.
Speaker 12: It's Game two of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets, and we're joined right now by a man that helped the Dodgers get some good mojo, good car to beat the Padres in game five.
Speaker 5: That's number five.
Speaker 12: No mar garciapara, No mar I feel like you earned your playoffs share already.
Speaker 10: I was joking with the guys on set and I said, that was the first time I ever realized how critical the ceremonial first pitch was to victories. And then we were joking around and they were laughing, but I had no part of it. Really, I mean, how fun is it watching this Dodger team? They are incredible To watch the word fight Dave Roberts w hu's quite often, but it is so fitting. I think they showed that it's one thing to say it, but it's another thing to see it. I think the Dodger fans have all seen that so far, and we're excited because that's exactly what it's going to take. And they have been so entertaining and we should all continue to be supportive of them, and they're they're taking us on an incredible journey right now.
Speaker 5: No, mar I thought about you last night.
Speaker 12: You must have loved the fact the Dodgers scored nine runs without hitting a home run and there were two sacrific I spuns in the game.
Speaker 5: Dave, I was so excited.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna lie on my way over here today. I was actually talking with my wife. We were talking and she's traveling. We were talking about the game, and I said, first of all, what an amazing pitching performance. I mean, just incredible by Flaharty, just so fun to watch, so in control of the poise, the execution was really a joy to watch. And I said, then from the offensive.
Speaker 5: Side, that was just baseball. It was just an unbelievably well played.
Speaker 10: Baseball game by the Dodgers defensively doing all the defensively pitching wise. And then from the offense side, I said, the sag bunts, recognizing how important ninety feet the clutch hits that they had. I said everything about it, and then it was a quality at bat after quality at bat every single inning, trying to find a way to maybe score at least one run in inning.
Speaker 5: It was a great game to watch.
Speaker 12: What do you expect today a day game? Manai has been pretty good. Do you expect that this is going to go as perfectly as it did for the Dodgers? In Game four against the Padres.
Speaker 5: We all hope.
Speaker 10: I can't ever doubt these odders again, because trust me, I was. I admit, yeah, there was even in Game five. I was questioning some of their decisions as far as you know yamamotas starting with either best choice based on the numbers and based on his what history over the course of this season against the Padres. But man, he silenced all those critics, which was great to see. You know, having a bullpen game, you're going, Okay, you better hope every single guy coming out of there. They did an unbelievable job. So I don't I can't doubt them anymore. There's no nor should anybody, right, well, we just wait and see how it happens. But these guys are focused and we've seen that over the course of this last series, and I hope that continues today. And I think these guys are pulling for each other no matter somebody gets in trouble, They're going to try to find a way to pick each other up and continue to fight.
Speaker 12: No, Mar as long as I'm here, nobody will forget how great you were. I know the fans in Boston that Boston media short change you, but you were one of the greatest shortstops and greatest hitters that this game has ever seen. And you did it in the playoffs too, So thank you. And I don't take this for granted being with you.
Speaker 10: Oh, I appreciate David. Listen. I didn't do that for any recognition. Listen, I'm so lucky, blessed to be able to play this game. I'm so lucky and blessed to continue to be able to talk about this beautiful game. And I'm here, and I'm at home, and I'm surrounded by amazing people. I'm part of an amazing organization. I mean, nobody needs to tell me I appreciate it. Nobody needs to say or anything like that. I don't need any of that. I just am lucky. I'm fortunate to be a part a small part of this game that I'm so happy that it'll continue on, and it's going to continue on, and that's what makes it so beautiful.
Speaker 12: That's why Nomar is so great. Seem pre suave from Wittier. Thanks Nomar, you got it.
Speaker 9: Dave.
Speaker 10: Always good to talk to you there.
Speaker 12: He is one of the best players in baseball history. No Mark Garciapara, you'll see him on Sports Net LA through the World Series.
Speaker 5: I said it, We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Game two of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 3: I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mets Game two the National League Championship Series is coming up from Dodger Stadium, first pitch at one O eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinat we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominant in and off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma Seior Toyota Dealer. Today they make it easy. Sean Manaiah on the mound for the Mets. Thirty two year old left hander made thirty two starts during the regular season, twelve and six with a three forty seven E throws a sinker sweeper changeup in the four seam fastball. He's one to zero with a two to twenty five ERA.
Speaker 3: This postseason.
Speaker 2: He's made two starts already, allowing two runs on six hits, strikeout four in Game two of the Wild Card Series against the Milwaukee Brewers. He followed that up with seven innings of one run, three hit ball last week against the Phillies in Game three of the NLDS, where he struck out six. It was his first career win in the postseason, facing the Dodgers for the second time this season, the twelfth time in his career. He is one in five with a seven to ninety ERA in his career. Against the Dodgers back on April nineteenth this year Dodgers Stadium, he had a no decision. He went five innings, allowed two runs on four hits, struck out three. He's facing the Dodgers for the first time ever in the postseason. Ryan Brazier is the opener for the Dodgers. Thirty seven year old veteran right hender made twenty nine appearances during the regular season, four starts in this postseason so far three appearances. One start that starts came in the bullpen game Game four against the Padres and the NLDS.
Speaker 3: He went an inning in a third starting for the Dodgers at pet Go Park.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by eto Ins Oiojo, Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea that showe Aotani Loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, target at eto In dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it t o e n dot Com.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets were fifteen minutes away from first pitch Game two at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Mets Game two the NLCS Ryan Braze for the opener bullpen game for the Dodgers. We have a one to zero series lead in this best as seven NLC. First pitch at one oh eight Dodgers fans and a Hanser listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos lacare dot org.
Speaker 3: Before first pitch.
Speaker 2: We head back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All.
Speaker 4: Right, TC back here with MO and we're getting ready for Ryan Brasier's first pitch of Game two. Yes, Ryan Brasier opening another bullpen game for the Dodgers and Moya go back. Since the start of twenty twenty two, the Dodgers have used twenty five different bullpen games. They are seventeen and eight in those games. This one, it doesn't sound like it's going to be the exact same roadmap that they used in Game four against the Padres, and of course, you know, it's nearly impossible to replicate that again. But Landon Nac sounds like he's ready for a bulk roll.
Speaker 7: You know you mentioned roadmap. I don't think there has ever been a roadmap for postseason play. It's basically, you know, ready, aim five and you have to wait and see what's happening at that particular inning in that particular situation of a ballgame, and it's all hands on deck unless you have an injury. He was able to see that. Dave Roberts said earlier this morning was talking about Walker Buehler, who was really kind of slated a pitch today. It would have been on normal rest, but they said, no, we want to hold him back and he will pitch a game one of that series where the doctors go to New York. They'll fly there tonight have the workout. So this is nothing unusual, And if you look at the trend to baseball right now, it really kind of lends itself more to basically, let's figure out how we're going to hopscotch through the ballgame and use the arms and bullpen.
Speaker 4: On the other side, a more traditional starter for Carlos Mendoza in the New York Mets at the veteran lefty Sean Mania. The Dodgers are familiar with him and that they have seen him over the years. But Dave Roberts put it perfectly in his pregame session with the media, this is a different Sean Maniya. He's dropped his arm slot that has led to more success. The fastball velocity's there. You see a ton of spin from him as well. Dave Roberts both the name Chris Sale and talking about the new Sean Maniah who's been a huge piece for them throughout the year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he was a big observer last night's ball game, deceiving fastball. The other part two is doctors have to be able to understand where the top of their strength zone is because he elevates the fastball. Maniah does very well and as you mentioned, a lot of spin that means breaking balls. He'll change speeds on top of it. And with that different arm angle, the Diners had to go to some video and see a different Sean Manian.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they have some good results against Manai, because again game one was great, a nine to nothing, shout out win. You're feeling great, but it was just one game. The Dodgers still need three more in this LCS, and they need to win to night to maintain home field advantage. Going to Queens, and keep in mind the New York Mets. They have not lost back to back games in more than two weeks. They've been the best best team in baseball for the better part of four and a half months now. For a good reason, Tim so a good one on tap. Hope the bullpen comes through once more.
Speaker 3: All right, Ryan Brazier takes them man.
Speaker 2: When we come back after the game, I'll be back with all the postame festivities, including Dodger talk and all the reaction from the clubhouse after this Dodgers met.
Speaker 3: Game two of the NLCS.
Speaker 2: Are you ready, Dodgers fans, Here we go, first pitch a week come back, Dodgers at one zero series Lee looking to go to New York up two games to nothing. First pitches next, Enjoy it. I'm Tim Kates has been Moroco because you know.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network,