Speaker 1: One oh one point three k d WB were falling and called every day. Like last week we were announcing one name a day to win tickets to the weekend, and then early this week they're like, you know what, go ahead and give away two Paara day. We got an email last night like you know what, what the hell, go ahead and give away a pair every hour. So every hour during our show, at the around the thirty five mark, we will announce a name.
Speaker 2: If it is your name.
Speaker 1: Or your cousin, you friend, you gotta let them know they have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to call us to win tickets to see the Weekend this Saturday. It's gonna be an epic show. There's been a lot of crappy weather. You need something to look forward to. So the first name is being announced at two thirty five on KATIEWB and we'll be back.
Speaker 3: In fifteen seconds thanks to who.
Speaker 4: Okay, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: It's already the Oh my gosh, if I close my eyes outside this most repressing weather. It's one on one point three Katie w B with a falon and cult and.
Speaker 2: What's what's going on?
Speaker 5: Bud?
Speaker 3: You? Okay, So Father's Day is coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh no, should we go back and forth forth with daddy issues?
Speaker 3: Yes, we should, we should.
Speaker 6: So my father what happened was he just likes crazy women, and that's that's the problem.
Speaker 1: He just how dare you put this on the women. You don't get to blame I mean, I'm not calling your dad. I don't know if he was a bad dad, but you don't get to blame bad dad all the time on a crazy woman either.
Speaker 6: My mom's crazy. They get a divorce, right, I remember I was like five years old. He hugs me, He's like, I'm going to live at Grahama and Graham's for a while. Washington walked out out the door through the goodbye window.
Speaker 3: See you dad.
Speaker 6: Then he got another another crazy woman pregnant, and he was like, dude, I only see my kids other every other weekend. I better do everything she says so I can keep this one child in my life, so I get respect.
Speaker 2: Respect kind of Wait, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: So he is doing everything she says to see the like the not your mom kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she had kids of her own.
Speaker 6: So then when we would go there over there every other weekend, me and my brother would just sleep on the living room floor because her kids got her bedroom right.
Speaker 3: So that's that type of thing.
Speaker 6: So all this to say, don't have the greatest relationship with my father.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some things.
Speaker 6: The older I get in life, the more I'm like, oh, man, I wish i'd learned this, Or like if I look back on certain things and I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Wish I had the knowledge to navigate that a little better.
Speaker 6: Like I wish my my father would have set the tone of you gotta look out for your siblings, like you're the oldest son, you gotta watch out for your younger siblings.
Speaker 2: I man, I thought that was his job.
Speaker 3: But you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, like as your dad, Like the dad should have been dadding a little bit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all, Or how.
Speaker 6: About when I get a dresser for my kiya. I don't know what an Alan wrench is. I mean I chat GPTA now I could figure it out. I'm out, but it would be cool.
Speaker 1: Ellen wrenches are stupid anyway, the sh'd never have been invented.
Speaker 2: Make it impossible. I have to take it out replace it in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I gotta twist a million times. You could just make it a little bit better. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: To me, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Want to be able to go and fix my back deck. I want to be able to do all those things.
Speaker 3: You know what I need.
Speaker 6: I need an egress window so I don't burn up when I'm in a basement.
Speaker 1: There's an egress windows, because I learned that as a child, you had one and you peed out of it, which is disgusting. So actually, I think there's a reason you don't have one.
Speaker 6: I wish I just had thing. I wish my dad taught me things, a lot of it. I feel like when I was younger, I definitely put it all on him, a lot of my my my problems, my negative my lack of emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you should, because he was a crappy dad.
Speaker 6: And I actually support you in that, But I just wish that someone would have been there to guide me. Like you see these people on reality shows, they're like, my dad taught me to do this, this and this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh man.
Speaker 2: It's all you.
Speaker 1: Also, you didn't completely have YouTube to support you at that moment.
Speaker 3: No, no, but now no one.
Speaker 1: Now, let's be honest. This like your era of dad's you're not there's not a lot of hands on vibe going No, I don't mean. I don't mean with the kids. I mean, like there's you're not like like fixing it fixing it stuff, and that's not your fault.
Speaker 2: It's just like a lost art.
Speaker 1: So we all just depend on the YouTube's and the cheap chat juptees now, so I get it. So I would argue my dad didn't teach me half those things either, which was a little bit more present than yours.
Speaker 2: As it turns out, I find hard to be leave, but I guess he was.
Speaker 6: Or just having like confidence, like, hey, son, here's what here's what it means to be a man.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You are a beta.
Speaker 1: You definitely didn't learn that beta, Yes, desperately trying to identify as an alpha.
Speaker 6: Though, yeah obviously obviously.
Speaker 3: So yeah, those are just things like I just.
Speaker 2: Wish all the songs perfect called cry for Me.
Speaker 3: Next, call your dad.
Speaker 2: And just confront him, like, why didn't you teach me anything?
Speaker 6: Dand why you said you were taken to Disney ooints to the step kids?
Speaker 3: What what happened?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Well, it makes you feel any better?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: My dad didn't necessarily hang out a lot, but he did pop me a fresh HOUNDI on my birthday and on Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, he got me.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How are they doing?
Speaker 8: Oh No?
Speaker 1: Katy's Deep Dive is on Funds some Nights on Katie w BA. They said this song is uber personal. I think it gives people a lot of stuff to relate to. It's not a love song. It's a song about being an underdog and trying to figure out where you fall into that situation. Nate Rus, the front man for Fun, said a lot of the album is about family. For instance, on this track, he sings, my heart is breaking for my sister.
Speaker 2: And the con that she called love.
Speaker 1: But when I look into my nephew's eyes, man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can.
Speaker 2: Come from some terrible nights.
Speaker 1: While writing for this record, the band was listening to Kanye West's My Beautiful, Dark Twisted Fantasy album, so they were influenced by its sound in scope, so they hired that record's co producer, Jeff Basker to produce Some Nights. He said camp with the name Some Nights just one night when they were in Scotland.
Speaker 2: Told the band they all.
Speaker 1: Liked it, and he said he had to settle into a lyrical idea about just being someone different on any given night, and he drew on Paul Simon for the musical part of the song. He said, I was thinking about Graceland, the Paul Simon album for some reason. I had the chorus for the song, and I didn't know what I was gonna do with the verse, and I remember writing down, this will be the best song you've ever written. The song expresses the anguish of a young man who is a long way from home as he lies in bed at night thinking of his family. Members and producer Jeff Basker said, Nate is really great at tackling these dark subjects and putting this pop melody to it, and if he was drawing from Graceland, A lot of people have connected the woes at the end to the end of Simon and Garfunkle's Cecilia.
Speaker 3: One point three KDWB.
Speaker 1: All right, I have a lot to tell you about the return of the BlackBerry is going down and I don't so. I was never a BlackBerry person because I was not fancy. I didn't get a cell phone until I was basically only college and I the coolest phone I ever had was a razor.
Speaker 3: Dude, can I tell you something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got an email today and I look at the signature and it said sent by my BlackBerry. So tell me this because ever since I saw a wait, hold on, hold up, daddy, you got a BlackBerry? Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think that people maybe because you know, the youth they allege, they're trying to create these clubs where they're not like scrolling as often, So maybe that's their way to disconnect but still be able to communicate with those that they love. Enough about that someone in Minnesota won a lottery ticket. They had a lottery ticket worth one point one million dollars. You and I got to figure out who it is. We can be friend of them quickly?
Speaker 3: One point one what Millie? I want more? Not even worth it?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean after it's like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's that's not completely wrong.
Speaker 1: According to a new report, Guinea's a great time to get a deal at the gym because summer's here and so everyone's like, oh my god, I can leave my You would think that normally you could leave your house, but Minnesota's being a real b word lately. The weird weather, so anyway, you have more of a chance to negotiate this time of year, they claim. They also this study, by the way from nerd Wallet says could be a good Father's Day gift our dad's offended, Like moms would be like if a dad got me a gym membership of I'd like kick him in his chin?
Speaker 2: Would dad or a dad'd be cool about it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like Father's Day gifts are kind of like that anyway. So you get a pro paane tank, you get like clippers or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for you to sabotage me and say the thing you know I got Jake is cliche, just to hurt my heart.
Speaker 6: But I don't think I don't like as I'm not offended if I get that stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you want for Father's Day? I swear if you say a card or something nice.
Speaker 3: Well, I was talking about wife about getting a truck.
Speaker 2: And I was what the ridiculous father's favor?
Speaker 6: I was like, all right, car, we only have one vehicle. Maybe Father's Day we get a truck. So after talking, we looked at some places and stuff, and we landed on going out to breakfast.
Speaker 1: So that's nice, okay, la boo boos. I I it's hard for me to be so harsh in judgment. I never got into the beanie baby craze. I feel like you, this is this generation's beanie baby. They're so but they're even uglier than beanie babies. I mark my word, I refuse. I will never buy one. It's like, mark my word. Have you seen them?
Speaker 2: Boo?
Speaker 1: They're like little stuffed animals with sharp teeth. They're super creepy looking. People haven't clipped everything. Well, now they're getting them insured.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, because they can like people steal them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you can get They're like super expensive and now they have like tall ones, big boys, no things.
Speaker 6: Wait wait a minute, why are these so I don't wonder why are they so expensive?
Speaker 2: Because it's just like beanie babies.
Speaker 1: They have like limited editions, special collector ones, so people are actually paying.
Speaker 2: To have them in shirt. It's wild.
Speaker 6: How do we start our own business like that where it's like, dude, these are just expensive by it?
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think they started out as expensive. I think that then, you know, the demand outweighs the product.
Speaker 3: That's the issue. We're not demand. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: That is a problem. How do we get in demand?
Speaker 1: If anyone, Oh, we have a marketing expert that listens to our show. Remember months ago we got together a team of people to be members of our show. We haven't been utilizing them. They're basically on our payroll doing nothing. We had a marketing expert. Let's call her up and see if she can tell us what we can do to be more on demand.
Speaker 3: This is hard too accessible.
Speaker 6: We need to be like we need to be doing our show live from a tree with a megaphone.
Speaker 3: Like you just comment if you're not there, do you miss?
Speaker 1: You would take a tree because you could climb tree. No, I can't climb a tree.
Speaker 3: We get a little ladder for you. Somebody these steels.
Speaker 1: They say a big ladder. I thought was a fat joke. Okay, all right, six sick there is your trending. Are about five minutes away from the first name that will announce to win tickets to the weekend. He's in town on Saturday. Able, we're on like a different level. Like I call him Able, he calls me FB. So we're going to read a name and that person has ten minutes and thirteen seconds to call us back. Here's the deal. If you're like, I don't understand how do I get my name red? You have to go to our Instagram one oh one three katiewb and guess what you can enter there. Also, if you make us your number one preset screenshot and DM it to KATIEWB, you're also entered.
Speaker 8: Cut on press.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. I am so ready to hook someone up with tickets to see the weekend. I want you to listen closely because we're going to read off a person's Instagram handle. That's how that's how you enter this specific contest, okay, through Instagram, and I want I want you to listen because even if it's not you, maybe it's someone you know and you can help them out. Maybe they even said, hey, listen for me. I had a meeting at this time, but we're doing it on the around thirty five ish of each hour during our show.
Speaker 2: So here's the first name.
Speaker 1: I need you to I need you to practice some self control, culled. I need you to calm yourself right now. Okay, the Instagram handle name is.
Speaker 2: I knew what was coming. I knew it.
Speaker 1: At n kotb F in the number four. Evan, Now if you if you put that together, I'm sorry, can you can you smoker's cough?
Speaker 2: It over there? Off the mics people can hear this on the block forever.
Speaker 1: It's basically what their Instagram handle is in kotb FN, the number four e v A.
Speaker 2: I looked her up.
Speaker 1: Her real name is Christy by the way, on her Instagram. So all right, Christy, you got to call us. You have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to do so. Time starts now six five, one, nine, eight nine. Katie w b t win tickets to see the Weekend on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's not time for Histo.
Speaker 1: Really, we fell in and could this guy was your standard crazy, crazy leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, you might know Nero. He was a Roman emperor. Have you ever heard of him?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah? For show?
Speaker 2: Nero was like, I want to be in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Why not I lead? I lead people? Why couldn't I be great at athletics? So he entered the Athletics in a D sixty seven. Here's what happened. He's like, all right, organizers, I'm gonna need you to postpone these games. So I can participate, So he bribed. He bribed the organizers who postpone the games for a year so he could participate. He won every contest he competed in. Why because he's an emperor. No one was going to beat the emperor and then just get killed. So they are just like, I've been training my whole life, right, but I'm gonna play it like I'm slow because there's no chance I'm beating an emperor and just being killed in front of like everyone.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting?
Speaker 6: This is kind of like the the relationships, like the yes men, like all Justin Bieber's friends.
Speaker 1: And are like, no, br got this right now, You're totally normal, totally normalbody else is crazy, yeah, because he's just like, you know whatever now here there is a happy ending to this didn't really matter to anyone else, you know, because they're probably gone to A year after he died, his name was removed from the list of winners, so everybody knew, of course they did, but the people were just little sheep going, yeah, nero.
Speaker 6: What is it if you're him? If you're a nero, why don't you be like this is spugezy?
Speaker 1: Like no, he probably think he probably because people that are like that are so delusional and so arrogant and egotistical. He probably legitimateley thought he was better in every athletic category that he entered than the actual athletes.
Speaker 3: And just imagine that being your leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually that's like some that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's like some Kim what does Kim jong oun type thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, that is your little round of Histo.
Speaker 1: Really, we haven't gone our winner yet and her time is about up in thirty seconds. If that wasn't you, doesn't take away from you, don't worry. You have another shot to win tickets to the weekend on Saturday at three thirty five ish, four thirty five ish and five thirty five ish and you just listen for your name and you call in to win. So we want to get you as many tickets as we can. Also, just a heads up, we do have another four pack of twins tickets for this Sunday's game coming up after like three point thirty. In our summer school pop quiz on kd WB one on one point three Katie WB, were fallon and cult and what It's a couple of people who try to be best friends, but you know, a lot of stuff keeps us from doing that.
Speaker 3: Like gets in the way. Sometimes it's the.
Speaker 1: Number one issue. He won't hang out with me and he's always sick.
Speaker 3: That is true. I have a an ailment right now.
Speaker 2: But one every day You've told me about like five.
Speaker 6: Different ailment do. I gotta go to the orthpedic tomorrow? It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have to ask more about that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who has a go to song that makes them happy.
Speaker 3: Something that's just so cheerful just sold for me.
Speaker 1: It's been that new Billie Eilish song Wildflower. Seriously, turn your mic off. No one wants to hear someone talking like that.
Speaker 3: She just made me laugh.
Speaker 6: It's just like, all right, dude, this is my go to song because I just remember being seven. I think it was like sixteen seventeen. I was driving around my sister and her dope Sunfire car.
Speaker 3: I think they make them were one's first car was.
Speaker 2: A Sunfire, I swear, or a Cavalier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, literally, she was just bumping this. Are we going to McDonald's yet?
Speaker 3: McDonald's up in his beak?
Speaker 1: You know what, actually pull up. I'll tell you what song you should pull up for me. But my best friend Jessica, she also drove a cavalier. It was a little red cavalier and she drove us everywhere and she now, I'm a little older than you cold. So there was always a mixed CD of illegally downloaded music we play. And one of the songs that always just pepped me and hyped me so much was I Feel Facts. I don't know who the artists were when Stefani did it with you think I'm gonna say halla back girl, I'm not gonna say that it.
Speaker 2: Is sweet escape.
Speaker 1: It was always just like, I don't know, having such a fun vibe to it with Acon never put this on to be happy anymore again because of Billie Eilish's Wildflower, But this might be maybe I got to pull this back into rotation.
Speaker 3: I think you should.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyone listening who has a go to song that makes them happy and what a day, let's play. We could play for a few clips of those because today sucks, got written up at work or wears toe shoes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to know what your life is about. You seem you gotta be interesting. You have a life that a lot of people don't live.
Speaker 1: I associate people with toe shoes. Their name is Kevin. Oh, a lot of Kevin's because.
Speaker 2: A guy used to work with wore them to work every day.
Speaker 1: His name was Kevin, and he was He was nice, but he never actually worked. He always had a coffee mug, and I could at any point in time. He was never in his office. He was he was gossiping with someone in the office, and I was like, what do you do, Kevin, other than wear toe shoes and gossip?
Speaker 6: I mean when you're talking trash, when you got your toe shoes crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Six five one nine eight nine Katie w B.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three kd WB. We're fallin and cult. We have some people lined up ready to go for anyone listening.
Speaker 2: Who we gotta have to Graham. He has a go to song that makes him happy.
Speaker 1: But if you've been one of those categories calls you got written up at work, you wear toe shoes six.
Speaker 2: Five one nine eight nine KDWB.
Speaker 6: Oh, hold on, Foune one second. Can you tell me something interesting about your life? What's going on right now?
Speaker 2: Not really, I don't have much going on.
Speaker 6: You're wearing red. Do you have a cat named.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three kd WB. We're fallin and cult shout out to True North Roofing. You can find them at called the Shingle Ladies dot com or just big fans want to give them a little shout out.
Speaker 2: We're doing anyone.
Speaker 1: Listening who We have different categories you could fall into. If you have a go to song that makes you happy, you got written up at work, or you wear toe shoes. Now, I'm not trying to like stereotypeople, but I do feel like someone who wears toe shoes is named Kevin.
Speaker 2: I just feel like that. What is your name?
Speaker 9: Graham from Richfield?
Speaker 3: Graham?
Speaker 2: Where the heck have you been?
Speaker 1: You haven't called in ages, I've been I've been busy doing what.
Speaker 2: Name one thing you've been doing keeping you from us?
Speaker 5: Work's been crazy and I've been working like first, like different.
Speaker 9: Hours and different shifts.
Speaker 3: All right, respect?
Speaker 1: What do you do for work? You don't say where, but what do you do? I love London Viralt least my favorite grocery, Richard.
Speaker 3: What song makes you super happy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a song that peped you up. There's a lot, but I would probably say I gotta go with like happy by justin Timberlakett is the wrong Timberlake.
Speaker 3: Can't you know what this feels like? A you problem? Graham? Is your mess up so.
Speaker 2: Feeling tamble?
Speaker 3: Katie?
Speaker 10: Yo yo yo yo?
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: First of all, is your name Kevin and you were toe shoes.
Speaker 5: My name is Dylan, and I I still do wear the show shoes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I would absolutely have said had I'd been given the opportunity of someone that peld a gun to me and they said, name a second name of someone who wears tow shoes, I absolutely would have said a name someone named Dylan.
Speaker 3: Okay, now listen, now listen, dilly Dal.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing I I just want to ask you, like, how do you deal with all the women throwing themselves at you?
Speaker 5: Well, I've been married for fourteen years, so I don't really I'm not too worried about it.
Speaker 1: Answer next question, Do tow shoes fit all toes? Because like I have kind of flintstoney toes dependent, I mean, if.
Speaker 5: You got really messed up feet.
Speaker 8: Know what, I.
Speaker 5: Only wear them because of the shoes that they make for him, like so constrictive and like our feet are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on my toes to be free. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Free to grounding Dylan. I'm getting grounding vibes from you.
Speaker 5: Oh definitely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever taken a Have you ever taken a forest bath?
Speaker 10: Have I ever taken a?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Forest bath?
Speaker 1: Forest bathing is the thing also for people who like grounding, I have not.
Speaker 3: What is a forest path?
Speaker 6: Is that where you go on somebody's backyard and you bathe in the bird like back You go into.
Speaker 1: The woods and you like there'll be like look for a tree that.
Speaker 2: Calls to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you go to your shoeless, you go to this tree, you talk, You're one with this tree.
Speaker 2: It's a forest bath?
Speaker 3: Is there even water involved? Or you're just making out with a tree?
Speaker 2: You're bathing in the forest, like in the.
Speaker 3: Forest, running my body on the forest.
Speaker 1: You don't have to grind the tree.
Speaker 2: Seems like with you, you want me to get.
Speaker 3: A big earthy tree. You want me to get what's.
Speaker 1: Anything about birth daddy, Dylan, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: No, you're okay.
Speaker 5: It's funny when you said Dilly Dill. That's actually been my nickname for.
Speaker 3: A long time. Yeah, it has been. I knew in my Instagram handle. I won't say, see, bro, I'm grounded too. That's how well we sink. We're all grounded up together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like someone naming a brown dog brownie. That's not like back to figure out is jealous?
Speaker 3: Your friendship isn't on this level.
Speaker 2: I offended him. I get it. I'm sorry, Dylan.
Speaker 5: No, you've fell and you've never I've talked to you a couple of times back when you were in the morning one of my favorites. I'm not a weird old but I always like when you're on the radio because he just got a good vibe.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Probably never. I just tried to tell you.
Speaker 2: Because you said that is I'm literally driving.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Whole Foods Market. It's the Pop Culture Minute with Felon and Cult on one on one point three kg.
Speaker 1: W B by You by Ovo Lasik and lend So. Sabrina Carpenters on the new front cover of Rolling Stone magazine, not wearing a lot of clothing, and she's like looking amazing. She's leaning into that one thing they asked her about, what you kind of forget about? Remember, she was like, I mean she was down and out during the beginning of.
Speaker 2: The Olivia Rodrigo Days.
Speaker 1: Right Olivia drops driver's license that blong girl has mentioned, Everyone's like, oh my god, it's Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: And people turned on Sabrina very quickly.
Speaker 1: They felt bad for Olivia now.
Speaker 2: They asked her about it. She said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I knew was it wasn't going to stop me from doing what I loved. Ever, she said, that's kind of how I've always felt. Sometimes it's about how you're able to be resilient. What that era taught me was to just trust myself and trust that everything is going to work out the way it's supposed to, and trust that relationships are put into your life for a reason. You might not see it in that moment, but you see it later. And she said she didn't really intentionally try to change the public opinion of her. She said, to be honest, I don't think about that time ever, Like it never crosses her mind, and why would it. She and Olivia Rodrigu both came out very well, not because of it, but probably in spite of it, and no offense. We don't really hear a lot from Joshua Bassett.
Speaker 3: Isn't that his name, the.
Speaker 2: Guy that was involved in it name. That's how it very true.
Speaker 1: One other piece of pop culture, So du A Lipa is engaged to Callum Turner. He's an actor. Congratulations to her. That is your pop culture minute. We will be back. We have to get the next name announced to win a pair of weekend tickets. That comes up around three thirty five ish on KDWB.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Whole Foods Market.
Speaker 2: Thank Paul dot Edut's.
Speaker 6: Go two hours commercial free thanks to Excel Energy. I'm on a one point three KDW. But first the weekend you've been entering to win hopefully on the Instagram. There's a pinpost at one one three KDWB. Now here's the thing. Yeah, we're gonna say a name. Yeah, if it's your name, you have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to get back to us to claim your tickets for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Here's the Instagram handle.
Speaker 1: If you are at Moran dot Carrie m O r a n dot Carrie. I looked her up. Her roal name is Carrie. First last name moren okay. If you know her, is it morn or mor Ann? I don't know if you are her if you know her, tell her to call or just give us a call right now. Six five one nine eight nine Katie W B. Moran dot Carrie. You have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to call in to claim your tickets.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: We're als gonna come back ride for Sabrina with your summer school pop quiz.
Speaker 11: We've caught an impression Saphie to be.
Speaker 3: You're wondering why is closed?
Speaker 7: Miss and my god, he's weird then gone.
Speaker 11: But you're still.
Speaker 2: Nice to me.
Speaker 3: Von de gree separation.
Speaker 2: You're got together and it's that's true. You'll just have to taste me when it's kissing.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three KATIEWB with Ballin and Colt. We have a four pack of twins tickets to see them this coming Sunday, June twenty second, when they host the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 2: I am throwing out the first pitch. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: You can call right now to participate and have your chance of these tickets. In our Summer school pop quiz, we ask you some trivia at six.
Speaker 2: Five one nine eight nine KTIEWB.
Speaker 1: While you're calling, just the heads up, grab your tickets anytime Twins dot com slash tickets pretty easy to remember. Use fallon twenty five you get twenty five percent off those tickets. Sundays is a big one for a family one. That's why we do like a family four pack, by the way, because on Sunday Kids Day, right when you walk in, it's like eight thirty four, you'll, I mean, that's the gate we usually go in. They turn it into Bull's Eye backyard so they have free face painting and interactive games. Your kids can run the bases post game, and then meals are like half off from eight dollars to four dollars for kids.
Speaker 6: For kids meals, It's like you basically own part of the Twins because when you are in there, people tru dapping you up there like falin ol me talking about.
Speaker 2: Anyone is like, yeah, yeah they are. Now. It's so weird that it is all right, all right, thank you for dapping. Is that what it is? Dapping?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name, Katie? Katie? All right, Katie, let's get someone on the phone to play with you.
Speaker 2: Hi, what is your name? Jenny and Katie?
Speaker 1: You are both competing right now against each other for a four pack of twins tickets for this Sunday's game Father's Day. By the way, if you know the answer to the trivia question, chime in with your name and then you can answer, and whoever gets the most correct is going to win the tickets.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Which superhero lives by the motto with great power comes great responsibility? Jenny?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jenny?
Speaker 1: Is it Superman not Superman? Good guess, though, Katie? Do you have a guess?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Captain America.
Speaker 2: Not Captain America. Turns out spider Man.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Sorry, only one guest, Jenny, But spider Man is the answer?
Speaker 2: Question number two?
Speaker 1: What two primary colors can be mixed to make the color purple?
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, blue and red.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's why, Katie.
Speaker 1: Question number three was Alexander Hamilton ever a president of the United States?
Speaker 2: Jen Jenny, No, No, it's correct. We had a tie game.
Speaker 1: I thought this one was difficult, but I guess it just depends on where you stand here. How many months of the year have thirty one days?
Speaker 3: Jenny?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jenny, eight not eight? Katie? Do you have a guess?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Seven?
Speaker 2: Huh? Did you say six or seven?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 2: Seven is correct? All right? Katie? Just like that.
Speaker 1: You did get the tickets, Jenny, thank you for playing Katie. You were going to go see the Twins this coming Sunday. Congratulate relations. Hold on one second, we'll grab your info. We're gonna come back and we're gonna talk to dad Chats. We're gonna give him some he's he's a well known dad online. We're giving him some scenarios with kids and see how he would handle those. One on one point three Katie w B with Follon and Cold. We've had him on our show before. He's probably popped up on your four you page at dad chat. He is very funny, and we thought an expert dad should be able to handle scenarios with kids and issues. Well right, Well we'll find out next on KTWB Anxiety one on one point three kd WB with Fallon and Colt, and our friend Dylan is joining us. He's known as at dad chats on like Instagram.
Speaker 3: You guys my middle name. Every episode Dylan.
Speaker 2: Michael White now saying at I do you know what?
Speaker 1: Should I also start saying pound sign instead of hashtag, per singing just real. We thought it would be fun as we go into Father's Day weekend to really test you.
Speaker 2: Now you have four children, Yes, I think that's right, and what are the ages?
Speaker 3: Eight? Six, three, one?
Speaker 2: So you're busy.
Speaker 3: Okay a little bit.
Speaker 2: So we thought you're an expert parent.
Speaker 1: You give kind of you tell us about funny stories about your kids. You do you do parenting advice really or not really.
Speaker 10: Occasionally, But that's I don't know. I always feel weird giving advice because it's like, I'm not an expert. I'm just a buffoon that's talking about the things that go wrong. Okay, but I mean I think to me, the best advice is always that like, you're not going to be perfect and things you're going to go wrong, and just enjoy it.
Speaker 3: But that's perfect for these scenarios.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you a scenario and we're going to see how you would handle this situation.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Your kid tells everyone at daycare your real job is being a butt doctor.
Speaker 2: But you're a lawyer.
Speaker 1: How do you clear your name without embarrassing your child? Well, first off, it's not even like a technical they're a difference. Okay, So how how am I finding out that my kids said this? Is it that like parent teacher conferences. Yeah, teachers like, so your kid's been telling everyone over and over again you're a.
Speaker 10: Butt doctor, which is a bold thing for the teacher to do because it presumes that that's not the truth, right, and if it is the truth, it's you know, still audacious, Like can you.
Speaker 3: Confirm or deny this rumor?
Speaker 2: Butt dog?
Speaker 10: I think honestly, I'd probably whisp. I'd probably whisper and be like, actually it's worse than that. Next at journey, just don't tell anyone. Okay, what about this?
Speaker 6: Your toddler has become emotionally attached to a rotten banana and insists on taking it everywhere, target, bad bath, what's your next move?
Speaker 10: I feel like every night you you, first of all, you'd have to buy bushels of bananas to make this work. And then every night it would be like, it looks like it looks like the banana needs a needs a rest to go to the banana spa. I will take I would take the banana and then I'd probably put it in some sort of a teugherware so they see me put the banana to bed, and then in the morning when they wake up, the banana spa fairy has made you know, I love that new banana, and then you just you have to do it for long enough with new bananas to hopefully get to the point where they're like, I don't care about banana.
Speaker 1: Banana downfall is it does become a little elf on the shellfish because like I do elfish?
Speaker 3: Would you like cucumbers on.
Speaker 2: A little bana a little bit dollar on the top?
Speaker 3: You know, it appears at random spots in the house? Morning beautiful.
Speaker 1: Next scenario, do like how you handle that though you really are supporting their creativity? Your four year old gets into your phone and venmo's your ex eighteen dollars with a caption poop butt.
Speaker 11: Do you.
Speaker 2: It's kid talk? Many loves it?
Speaker 1: Do you apologize or double down with a follow up message? How much eighteen dollars? Okay, I'm not saying that eighteen dollars is nothing. I also feel for most of my exes that that is the appropriate amount of compensation for the emotional damage. I could assess millions against them, but they could probably only collective at eighteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Let's dive into that next.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'd probably follow up with a message it's like, hey, I'm sorry, that was my four year old. I don't know how my four year old got into my phone or knows what benm liz or where the poop emog is or anything, because you know they're barely literate. But I would do that, and then I and then and then if there's no response on that, I feel like I need to overcompensate, literally, so I'd probably send another penny UD be like this is for interest.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be like a two dollars round up, but a penny stands out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going two dogs.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 11: You, you switch you.
Speaker 7: They're saying what you say, study of persons, someone to pretend it's yours instead.
Speaker 1: One on one point three A d w B with Fallon in Cult, they have a lovely woman on the phone who said she has a hypothetical situation she needs our help with. Now you know what that means when someone's like, hypothetically, you just you're just asking for yourself. So it's wild.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: It involves her husband, his workplace, in an off she can't refuse.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, it's coming up.
Speaker 11: In five.
Speaker 2: One point three kd WB with Fallon and coult.
Speaker 1: Now Alyssa is on the phone with us, and honestly, you have you said you have a hypothetical situation, which.
Speaker 2: Side note always means it's happening to you.
Speaker 1: But okay, let's let's see what the hypothetical situation is, Alyssa.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 9: So if you have the option to sleep with your husband's boss and in return he gets the promotion that involved like a fifty k raise, would.
Speaker 3: You do it?
Speaker 2: Is the husband okay with it?
Speaker 9: Well, here's the term. It's never spoken about after the one night stand, and my husband would never the husband would know.
Speaker 2: You're terrible with the hypothetical. I have a hypothetical question. How was this approach? Liked?
Speaker 1: This hypothetical boss? Send an email or just make a comment. At a company gathering, I would ask.
Speaker 9: Out to lunch. If you're a company gathering, I was contacted and asked out to lunch.
Speaker 2: That because obviously, why wouldn't that was a right somebody?
Speaker 3: Yes, somebody, yeah, somebody?
Speaker 1: Okay, man, hypothetically is the boss someone you would like if you weren't married, you would hook up with?
Speaker 7: No, but.
Speaker 6: I mean after taxes, that's like two hundred though, but like fifty thousand and I could I.
Speaker 3: This might parlay. No chance it could parlay to eat.
Speaker 6: Even more money, though, because like you could just like keep getting promotions or skip.
Speaker 3: Around to a different company.
Speaker 1: It's actually surprising. I thought you were gonna go a blackmail angle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have felt more like you cal.
Speaker 3: But okay, let's say he just stays in the same role black mail angle.
Speaker 6: Let's do it like he's in the same role for like ten years. That's like half a million dollars just for one twenty minute session.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Wow, honestly, that's actually like supportive. I know it's gonna say it was very That's something this hypothetical person should get in writing if they do it, though, is that it can't exceed a certain amount of time.
Speaker 3: But then I feel bad for the husbands. It's like he's going to go into work and his boss is.
Speaker 1: Going to be like just what no, no, no, men are He's gonna be like, oh my god. Men want to feel like they're supporting their family. They want to feel like they're they're and so he's like, oh my god, I got this raise.
Speaker 2: Look how okay, I'm not by the way.
Speaker 1: I would like to be very clear. I think you shouldn't are this hypothetical person should not do it. I want to be I want to stay back because I feel like I'm giving off vibes like kick.
Speaker 6: But you're saying he'll be a lot more confident because he won't even know. But I'm saying the boss will be like, do I got so much control I was with his wife?
Speaker 2: The boss already has control. He's the boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, and he can't hold that over.
Speaker 2: His head or then the secrets revealed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What would you if you're.
Speaker 1: Listening, what would you do in a hypothetical six five one nine eight nine katiew But you can also text five three nine two one Katie.
Speaker 3: W B one hypothetically what are you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are what they was? This person leaning towards.
Speaker 9: They're thinking about it because like they're calling.
Speaker 2: A radio station about it.
Speaker 9: You were about like the super raises.
Speaker 12: I could really do life changing and career changing.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about getting into only fans that could just be it?
Speaker 3: In general?
Speaker 8: It was fifty thousand dollars Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Alyssa, I you know, I hope that there is some resolution in this hype of Actually, I feel like, Alyssa, we need to check back in with you and see if anything comes to fruition with this hypothetical.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, yeah with me one on one point three k d w B.
Speaker 1: We're just talking to A one and she she's a hypothetically your husband's boss invites you to lunch and says, hey, if you hook up with me just one time, I will give your husband a fifty thousand dollars raise.
Speaker 2: He will never know. I'll never approach you again.
Speaker 1: And she's just like, I don't know what to do because she's like, hypothetically, that's a lot of money over time, and I would like that.
Speaker 2: And it's like one time. So we were like, I don't know, what do you think you're listening?
Speaker 1: I feel like to the outward public, it's really easy to be like, I would never, but that's because you're not in that real situation, right, Obviously, fifty thousand dollars is a person's salary. Like a lot of people, that's their salary for the entire year, and that's just the raise for this guy.
Speaker 2: So truly, without judgment, what would you do in this scenario here? Some texts we got.
Speaker 1: Someone said is the boss married? We did not get that information. But does that I mean, you could argue does that even matter?
Speaker 3: She is?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Another text we received what I it's the setup and he's testing her.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's unlikely. I don't know, but you never know.
Speaker 1: Here's another text we got in my significant significant other and I might be in a weird relationship, but I think my hubs would absolutely be down to let him hit it for.
Speaker 2: Fifty k a year. That's new car, the new car annually. Baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but would you be able to like still work with your boss knowing that he has all that all that over you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, but her husband's not gonna know her husband. That's the point, he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Another text says the boss could blackmail her to keep hooking up with him, or he'll fire her husbands. Slash tell her husband do not get involved. Also taking your calls. I mean, what advice, Sara, What do you think about this whole situation?
Speaker 8: I think I would blackmail him.
Speaker 5: And say that if my husband didn't get the promotion, that I would.
Speaker 9: Be showing his bosses the email.
Speaker 8: And he would be the one getting fired.
Speaker 3: Oh baby coming in hide, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But you know what, here's my only question about this, is that why he met her in person, because then there's no paper trail to prove he ever asked that.
Speaker 3: The ten steps ahead.
Speaker 2: Maybe this isn't his first rodeo. He like knows the proper way to hand the lead to do that.
Speaker 8: You know, he probably has done it before.
Speaker 1: Probably, I mean to feel confident enough to ask someone's wife to lunch that works for you and and ask that and offer that that is a confident verson.
Speaker 6: As somebody who usually is like used to getting stuff or used to getting away and what they want.
Speaker 8: Yet yeah, yeah, sure she could still go forward and talk is higher up than he does.
Speaker 3: The promotion.
Speaker 2: You said your phone was broken just for good.
Speaker 3: Today's trending with Felon and colt on one, Katie w B.
Speaker 2: You might be asking yourself, why are you doing trending right now?
Speaker 1: Well, things got crazy earlier in the two o'clock hour, when I would normally do the Pop Culture Minute, I did trending, and I don't know what was happening, And I don't I don't know what happened in my mind and my brain.
Speaker 2: But let's just ignore that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Trending brought to you by True North Roofing. Find them if you actually want someone who responds to you about like rufing, siding, gut ors things like actually responds to your emails and like fulfills everything until the job is done. Find them a call the Shingle Ladies dot Com. Heck, yeah, great, it's a great website. I was like when they said call the Shingle Ladies dot Com. I'm like, oh my gosh, what a dead one. It's June and they say it's the best time to get a gym membership because everyone's like putting their gym memberships on pause because it's nice outside not here but everywhere else and then the world apparently it is, and so they're going out to work out more. They're putting a pause on their gym memberships to save money. So they're saying, like, it could be a good time to negotiate a better rate.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true or not, but that is something to look into. They say the BlackBerry is returning because the gen zs love nostalgia and the latest.
Speaker 2: Thing they're bringing back is the BlackBerry.
Speaker 1: I guess there's like a halshtag BlackBerry on TikTok with over one hundred and twenty five thousand posts with users sharing clips of their BlackBerry. Fine, so I'm guessing people are going to eBay. You remember this was like I remember it was like I think it was. Kim Kardashian was the biggest BlackBerry fan. She bought every BlackBerry or Sidekick or whatever it is ever on eBay, so every time they die.
Speaker 2: She'd have one. I thought, like they were all officially gone.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I want that. We won't want I want I want all the Blackberries.
Speaker 6: I just feel Yeah, it is true. You're so connected and it's just right there. People are like, oh, you should have willpower not to do it. Well, guess what I know. But if you had a little BlackBerry, maybe.
Speaker 2: You would stay off the internet.
Speaker 3: I think maybe.
Speaker 1: In theory you'd go wild. Though also you'd get fired. You have to actually do internet stuff for your job.
Speaker 3: That it's true.
Speaker 6: I thought about going a flip phone, and I was like, oh, yeah, I can't because I'm gonna just be pawning off everything on you.
Speaker 3: And that want to work.
Speaker 1: Okay, no offense, but with the phone you currently have, you might as well have a flip phone. She's out of date a little bit. It's that time again. They're doing the Great French Fry debate. Who has the best fast food French fries? They're online. There's a whole like nationwide ranking going on, and here.
Speaker 2: Are the top ten.
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 3: Can I can I hear yours first?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, okay, I'm gonna be honest. It used to be.
Speaker 1: It used to be McDonald's used to I am telling you something changed with McDonald's french fries, and I still love McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I will go there all the time.
Speaker 1: I went last week, I think, but something is different. I don't know what it is, and I can't put my finger on it. Oh no, I don't know what my favorites are now. Maybe Culver's.
Speaker 3: I'm going burger King, baby.
Speaker 2: I never got a burger.
Speaker 1: King what I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I went in the past ten years.
Speaker 3: No burger king. Nobody how pizza's the hut? I don't know the slogan for burger king?
Speaker 11: What is it? Oh?
Speaker 2: We got the Minno that's not it.
Speaker 3: I got the king and me.
Speaker 2: No, no, I want I want to I want the King in me.
Speaker 3: I want it that way. No, it's at check mate me.
Speaker 2: Broiler baby? Do they have broiled burgers?
Speaker 3: Broyal?
Speaker 2: Are they broyal?
Speaker 1: Okay, shut up, Colt. Here's the list best French fries Rallies. Sorry, I know that no one has an appetite after hearing Colts wet cough Rallies. Then Hardy's, than Arby's, Zaxby's, Raising Canes, Chick fil A, bow Jangles, those are like some of those are like in certain parts of the country. Now our top three Freddy's, Frozen Custard and steak Burgers. I think there's one of those in Maple Grove. Shake Shack at number two, In and Out Burger at number one. Okay, these are not these are people living in certain regions because half these are okay, at the bottom of the list. At the bottom of the list, KFC, followed by McDonald's and Burger King.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dude in and out fries make you want to punch something I don't know what, like a hole in a wall.
Speaker 3: Dude in and out fries are like this.
Speaker 1: Is shake shacker pretty legit. I love shake shack put it in my mouth, shake it, shack it. Patty Wackett, you got.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not feeling I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a little down on myself. Our past two winners haven't called in. The good news for you is that means we like recycle those tickets over more chances for you to win a shout. But it is time right now to announce our next weekend winner.
Speaker 2: Here's how it works. We say an Instagram handle.
Speaker 1: The reason we say that the Instagram handle is because that's how you're signing up for these tickets on the KDWB Instagram. The post is pinned over there. One way is to listen all throughout the day. Around thirty five after we announce the name, you have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to call back. Another way, just want to throw this on your radar. We have an online contest going on our Instagram page where you take a screenshot proving you made KATIWB your number one pre set in the iHeartRadio app, and you send that picture to the KDWB dms. You slide into our dms and they're going to pick a winner from that as well. But here we go our winter this hour, and I hope they call back. Fingers crossed. Instagram handle is pin caps dot C so p e n c aps dot C at pin caps dot C. Your time starts right now. You have ten minutes and thirteen seconds to call us six five, one nine eight nine, katiew b. If you know pincaps dot C, let them.
Speaker 3: Know it's hard to catch what normal or nope on one on one point three katiewb.
Speaker 2: Text us with yours right now.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is if you've ever heard normal or nope.
Speaker 1: This is where you confess something you do kind of but you're like, I think it's normal.
Speaker 2: I grew up. This is normal, right, Like.
Speaker 1: I always like, I used to eat peanut butter and crackers as a side to chili, like saltine crackers, and I thought that was so normal. And then I left Indiana and everyone's like, that is not a normal combo and it is fantastic, by the way, if even try to do it.
Speaker 2: But for me, that'd be normal. To people in Minnesota, they're like nope, yeah. But also maybe you're partner to something weird. You can throw them under the bus. It happens every week.
Speaker 1: Text in five three nine two one katiewb one, please include your name. We like to get you a little credit unless you're trying to stay anonymous because you're you're normal or nope, is freaky, It was fine, that's fine, that's fine as well.
Speaker 2: Normal or nope.
Speaker 1: Meeting someone for the first time, asking them them their name, completely disassociating while they tell you, and then not listening for the rest of the conversation because you're too busy panicking that you didn't listen to their name.
Speaker 3: Normal. Normal, We're super normal.
Speaker 6: I have a go to move if we're doing anything like work related or like meeting up with somebody or whatever, and I'm supposed to know the person, but I don't, and my wife's with me.
Speaker 2: This is an obvious one called everyone does this.
Speaker 3: This is my wife Jen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully now everyone knows what you're doing, including the person. They know you've forgotten your name when you do that, and I'm the queen of it. This is my husband, Jake. And you look at the purse and you don't introduce them then, and then your wife Jen is like hi, and they'll go, oh, I'm Chloe.
Speaker 2: I get it. And that's how.
Speaker 1: But here's the problem. I still don't listen. And now my second and I'm like, Jake, what was their name? Luckily he's better about that. I think it's because he's in sales, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Get it could be. I don't know. I just I'm moving and grooving, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't have I always say it's because you and I taken about four thousand people's names a day. It's nearly impossible to remember a name.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 2: I give us a pass. But I think this one is very normal.
Speaker 1: Normal or nope, being able to tell it's going to rain by the smell in the air, all right. Didn't realize we had Bassett hounds texting into the show.
Speaker 3: A basset hound with a BlackBerry.
Speaker 1: You're like, my mom, arthritis is kicking it. I can tell it's about the rain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cold, get a logic. Every time I love I cough, I can't help it.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then you might as well not be on a show with me.
Speaker 3: I'm not ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's the normal. No, you don't think it's normal to be able to tell it's going to rain by the smell.
Speaker 10: In the air.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a Native American.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do, but that's like a stand keep claiming that my grand grand great grandfather he was the chief of a tribe.
Speaker 2: Every Okay, I'm not getting into that.
Speaker 4: That is all text in.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you have a normal or notef you want us to chat about.
Speaker 1: We'll do more when we come back. The text line is five three nine two one. The texts are a rolling in.
Speaker 2: Daddy, O want to stop following you?
Speaker 1: That, by the way normal or note, my husband grew up asking and to this day requests a side of corn with his spaghetti.
Speaker 2: This is from Brienna and Maple Lake.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's not normal spaghetti. Absolutely not normal Corn and spaghetti.
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Should be like some sort of garlic toast or something.
Speaker 2: A cheesy garlic bride, maybe sallad you.
Speaker 3: Get some like sausage in the actual spaghetti.
Speaker 6: I can see that she never said sausage, I know, but I'm just saying, these are the things that pair with the spaghetti, not corn.
Speaker 2: Did you say maybe saw such in a spaghetti?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: What do you put in spaghetti normally? Does maranera noodles?
Speaker 3: Meatballs? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I was getting vibes like you didn't do meat.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do meat.
Speaker 2: What kind of meat do you like the most?
Speaker 6: I like when you bite it, it's a little juicy. I like, I like a nice tender kind of like not charred on the outside, more like soft on the outside. Yeah, but there's still like a chew to it, you know.
Speaker 1: I know you love chewing meat, normal or no, taking a bite of food, chewing for two seconds then immediately taking a drink.
Speaker 3: Let me think about that.
Speaker 1: So basically, this person is saying, you don't swallow then take a drink. You like, chew for a couple of seconds, the food is still in your mouth, you take a drink.
Speaker 3: I can wait. I feel like I can wait for the water or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't I would actually say I think it's normal, but I get why it grosses people out. Because this person said, finished chewing and then drink. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: Why do you do this?
Speaker 1: I think it's because some people run drier than other people and they need a little loubi to push it down their throat, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you're eating if I mean like a bread, it could be it could dry you out. You need a little you need a little help get a down choking rip. Yeah, so, but I do think that it's normal. But I understand why you think it's repulsive.
Speaker 2: Normal or nope.
Speaker 1: Throwing the other full timer under the bus and leaving food around in the open on the boss's desk so she gets in trouble.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's normal. I do feel like that's a little.
Speaker 6: Patty feels like a really personal thing. It feels so personal.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like a universal thing, So let's go to a universal one.
Speaker 2: Normal or nope.
Speaker 1: I love the smell of my boyfriend's armpits that came from Ali Ali.
Speaker 2: You'll freak.
Speaker 1: I get you're turned on to someone by their pheromones, which are like these the scent we don't realize we're even into. But you huffing and puff and daddy's pits is next level weird?
Speaker 3: What about this? Normal or No? Somebody says your name incorrectly, you don't correct him. You just run with it.
Speaker 5: I do that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 6: I worked at a place and this guy called me Colin for three months and then somebody somebody came up and they were like, hey, what's up, Colts, And he was right there and he was like, wait a minute, your name's Colts.
Speaker 3: I've been calling you Colin? Why why do you why don't you correct me?
Speaker 2: I was like, you know how often people say my name wrong? My whole life? Yeah, sometimes it's just not worth the battle for real.
Speaker 7: It's a throwback, throw down, throw down, throwback, throw down, take you back to the old school, kd w B.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, each pick a throwback song between it's me, Hi, I'm Fallin and Colt Ariyah. Some people call him just Colt for short. I called him Colin for the first three months he worked here. Yes, I just found out his name is Colt, so I have our logo change. That was embarrassing. We each pick a throwback song and then it's in your hands. You choose the song you want to hear on the radio. They're vastly different this this week. The number you call is six five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie W. Please don't call yet, though, want you to hear the options. What's the name of Mine again?
Speaker 3: Speak Americana.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard this song in so long, and for some reason, the do that came in my head to day and I was like, oh, and I had to google it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't figure it out, but this is my entry.
Speaker 6: I of you.
Speaker 2: This day sucks, the weather is track. Let's get high, all right, and this is cult song.
Speaker 3: Sold.
Speaker 2: Calm down. You just thought someone's already calling.
Speaker 1: They haven't even heard your song yet, already already because they hate mine.
Speaker 3: No, not to We can just get it over with right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just fine. Okay, No they haven't. They didn't listen to both songs.
Speaker 2: Hi, Katie w B. What's your name?
Speaker 8: Abby?
Speaker 3: Abby?
Speaker 2: Did you get to hear clips of both songs?
Speaker 8: I'm literally in the middle of you right now. I wanted to call though. I love your song, but I haven't heard Colt's option yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is my options.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I need to hear cold.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: It is Abby, just like that. First of all, what are you doing this fine afternoon?
Speaker 8: I am driving in traffic on the way to my aunt's parade.
Speaker 2: Wait, parade, that's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it hasn't been canceled. With's over and Fridley and my aunt is running for school board, so well, good luck to her.
Speaker 2: Number one number two.
Speaker 1: We got a text saying, can you guys shout out on the radio to turn your lights on in the rain, So turn your lights on if you're out there driving.
Speaker 2: Abby, There you go, There you go. That see I knew, Abby, knew what was up? All right? Abby?
Speaker 1: You chose Here we go. We're gonna play we no speak Americano. This song is by Yolanda, Be Cool and d Cup by the way to the call in college B.
Speaker 6: Cup to one on one point three Katie w B with that one K wordplay your chance to win one thousand pennies if you'd like to play six five, one, nine eight nine K the W w B.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you four words.
Speaker 6: You're gonna give us the first where that comes to your mind, or a word you think bound let's say, or I would say, depending on who you would like to team up with.
Speaker 1: I already have my words ready because I had them written yesterday. Then the lovely person that called in chose you, and sadly we didn't make a single match. We didn't make a single match. The person that played yesterday was Kylie. And I still do want to say not a little apology to Kylie because I do feel like she deserved better.
Speaker 2: I do think because of that poor performance, they will.
Speaker 3: Pick you today.
Speaker 1: Though, we'll see maybe we have someone ready to go. Hi, what's your name? Christina?
Speaker 2: Are you hoping to pair with cold to one a thousand pennies today or me? I'll go with you ballon.
Speaker 7: Alright?
Speaker 3: Would you say your name was again?
Speaker 9: Christina?
Speaker 6: Christina? Okay, here's the thing. Your first word is limp biscuit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Avril, Avril you said like, oh that sounds a good okay baby.
Speaker 3: Daddy, and then Ricoa Balin, Yeah, a balligator?
Speaker 2: Why are you already?
Speaker 12: Lad?
Speaker 11: Thing?
Speaker 6: When I walked in, because I just love that she got all these okay, first word, yes, limp biscuit.
Speaker 3: That's I don't know. I didn't put boom. Next word, keep rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling.
Speaker 2: Now I should have chosen that from my throwback song.
Speaker 1: I'd go crazy, Avrol Levin. That would have been crazy. If she says anything up than Levine, Rico suave it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now this one could go any any direction. I'm nervous about this one. You're three for three if you get this one right. She gets one thousand pennies.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first if we're going with artists, we're sticking with that. The only one that could come to mind for.
Speaker 2: Me is bash is that you're gonna go got baby bash.
Speaker 3: Baby daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh we were, we were doing artists scared, Christina, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: Fun I've always tried to play I get through the day. My daughter's on in the car and she always.
Speaker 9: But that's okay, We'll try again another day.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the good news, Christina. You can like play this for your daughter on our podcast later so she can hear. We did pretty well. We got like three fourths of these right by the way, Colton, I have a podcast, Humble Plug. You can listen to anywhere. You listen to podcasts. You just search Fallon and Colts. Well do Thank you guys, Thank you, Christina.
Speaker 2: Have a good one. We're gonna come back and we're gonna get trending going. It's the Pop Culture Minute with Fellon and.
Speaker 1: Colt on one on one point three kt W b Okay Sabrana Carpenter new album coming out. She talks about the fact that everyone's like, why are you so sexual things, and she's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Let's do what I want.
Speaker 1: Also, everyone knows sex sells, and she's like, I do a full concert. People take the video of me to my position during the song Juno they blew it up, there's a lot of other stuff to it, so calm it down.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: And she also talked about the fact that, you know, like a lot of people acknowledged she was the blonde Olivia Rodrigo talked about in the Driver's License song She's on cover Rolling Stones. They asked her about it and she's like, honestly, don't think about it at all, like it never even crosses my mind. And really they both have had At the time, Sabrina had been trying for a very long time to blow up right, and then Olivia Rodrigu came in and just blew up quickly. But then Sabrina to too, So you know what I mean, It's like it all worked out for both of them. They're both pop princess royalty.
Speaker 2: We love them.
Speaker 1: They do a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to Sabrina's new album.
Speaker 2: So it's great. It's great.
Speaker 1: Dua Lipa is officially engaged. Congratulations to actor Callum Turner. Don't know a lot about that guy, don't know a thing about him, but if you make do a happy then you know what she doesn't worry about getting over him.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh get it.
Speaker 9: Fun?
Speaker 4: His is on it, Hanks.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I wonder why no one listens to this show.
Speaker 1: Ice Spice has officially just turn your microphone off. Ice Spice is officially headed to Bikini Bottom. She's tapped for a role in the upcoming SpongeBob SquarePants movie. So far has Regina Hall, Sherry Cola, Arturo Castro, and George Lopez. Ice Spice is going to be contributing an original song with the soundtrack and fun fact, she actually dropped a song called Bikini Bottom in twenty twenty three. So the new SpongeBob movie will premiere in December. I love SpongeBob. It's gonna be epic. I'm ready for it. Also, remember when Liam Payne was filming a competition reality show and they obviously they paused it because they were trying to be sensitive to it. Well, it's officially going to be debuting July. It's called Building the Band and six episodes will be released over two weeks. You'll be able to check that out on Netflix. That is your pop culture minute. This one's brought to you by true North Roofing.
Speaker 3: And we have weekend tickets. Let's see if we call your name in ten minutes