Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology with Lynchend Taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right.
Speaker 3: This hour of the Lynchin Taco Show has brought you by Petty's Meets on State Road four thirty four in Longwood, just west of I four. Keep in mind, we are closing in on Father's Day and dads like trust that we're both dads. Like what Petty's has you know for sale there on Father's Day? Everything they sell would be great on Father's Day? Right, Taco Heck, we love petties.
Speaker 2: You know what you do?
Speaker 4: You get a gift card? There you go, then then Pops can go in and figure out what he wants. We have a really good promotion coming up of Father's Day promotion.
Speaker 2: I believe more on that, uh when we have it for you here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, though, go to Petty's Staeroid four thirty four in Longwood, just west of I four. They're open Monday through Saturday, ten to six. Good people there, and I know they're listening right now. Thank you guys for your support, Yes, thank you patties.
Speaker 2: We love you. I know.
Speaker 3: We have talked about this extensively as of late. The level of the participation level in gambling now as a percentage of the population is just it's remarkable the number of people who wager on just about anything.
Speaker 4: Because you can do it anywhere. Yeah, I'm all for it. Yeah, I mean, I think it's great. I do get concerned at times for the college kids and you know, what is right at their fingertips to get in trouble with. But there's other things too. But remember, there's always a number to call.
Speaker 3: What right call the number if you think you might have a gambling problem. There's a wagering site called Polymarkets. All sorts of things you can place a bed on there, including what you can wager on whether Jesus Christ will return this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If you make a bet on something to do with the Lord, do you have a line on that.
Speaker 3: There's nobody with inside information when he's ready to come back, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure of that. And even if I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if anybody's gonna be around to collect, Yeah, he's gonna be pissed.
Speaker 4: That was what I was thinking. Even if you bet, oh, he's not coming back, which, dear Lord, if you're listening, I doubt you'd listen to this show. But I wouldn't bet on it, you know what I'm saying. I'm not betting on things like that because it's sac but.
Speaker 2: You woantn't bet on Jesus the power of Jesus.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm saying, I'm not gonna gamble with Jesus' involved. But even if you did bet that, okay, wow, that's deep that he won't be back the end of the year. And if you if he does come back, your dead anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, in case you're just interested of you wondering. Currently, it looks like according to the wagers that have been placed so far, three percent believe looks like Jesus may return. So it's a long shot for this year, but that those three percent, if you know they hit, they're gonna hit big apparently.
Speaker 4: And Jesus is probably gonna, you know, spare them for having faith and believing. There you go, somebody's getting their data. A gift card for free beer at Petty's Meets. You don't have to get it's a it's a free beer when you walk anyway, it's a shopping bea.
Speaker 3: You do have plenty of beer you can purchase there as well. Thank you for that. So, you know, I gotta be honest. I've only been in the All the grocery store chain. I've only gone to that store a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 3: They've been a thing. And the thing that really struck me is at the core of what this next story is about.
Speaker 4: It's shopping carts.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can put a quarter in or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, it's pretty smart though to somebody who didn't take it off to their apartment, right, you know, if you're worried about a quarter. I always love those ones that I'm driving home and you know, drive by an apartment and there's two shopping carts flipped upside down.
Speaker 2: Thanks, that's not an I sore.
Speaker 3: I used to have to go shag those from Osowski's at the Section eight housing across the street.
Speaker 2: They lay a pack.
Speaker 3: I really didn't even think about it neither. Today apparently, send the sixteen year old bag boy over to shag carts in the Section eight housing project.
Speaker 4: They set my brother out to get carts in it huge pouring rain, and lightning, and he goes like this. He goes, nah, you go get that blanket carts quit. Well, all these is being sued again for what do you think I was gonna say the carts? That is discrimination or someone is it?
Speaker 3: They're being sued by the company that has such brands as Oreo, Chips, Hoy, and Nutter Butter.
Speaker 2: For doing the knockoffs the packaging.
Speaker 3: And that was what I was getting at the few times that had been all these That's what really struck me is how similar their store brands are made to look to the actual name brand products.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, how do they get away with that?
Speaker 3: Well, apparently they really roll the dice on it, because this is not the first manufacturer that has sued Aldi over this. We're claiming blatant copies of these uh you know, protected items, name brand items likely to deceive and confuse customers. Yeah, I'm gonna bring this up again. And you have to have been around the block for a little while to remember when before store brands were a little bit more jazzed up to look, you know, with colors and designs and stuff. Generics were as generic as every single thing was just black and white packaging with a label that would say what the productise if there was a flower, yeah, the flower, you know, beans whatever.
Speaker 2: There was no there was no.
Speaker 3: Confusion, no sense of anybody gonna get confused everywhere. In fact, I'll go back to a soownski skin. We had all the generics on one aisle. They all had their just one aisle of generic.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it. They weren't mixed in with all the other products.
Speaker 4: I think that's the way to do it, you know, because if I'm if I'm shopping generic, I'm going to go down that aisle definitely because I'm gonna save some money on it.
Speaker 3: But what where what happened where that stopped being a thing and it went to where the store brands have their own you know.
Speaker 4: Don't quote me on this because I don't want to, you know, be sued. So this is alleged. I think all that went out the door when certain places had like their own version of soda and they'd call it like, you know, doctor check.
Speaker 2: Which they still do.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I think that that is when when it got edgy. You know what, they gave me a get the generic. I love me a doctor check back. In the day, somebody said in Parlay, we pray we watch it.
Speaker 2: You were you're playing with holy water there and it might be a three percenter there.
Speaker 4: Man this one said he got a call from Jesus that he's coming back in two thoy and thirty five.
Speaker 3: And finally, as there's this I mentioned Father's Day, we are we're talking about a few minutes ago taco So.
Speaker 2: Wait it so is that lawsuit going through a lawsuit?
Speaker 3: It's been filed now, yes, by Mandelaz International that manufactured Oreo, chips, Awai and Utter butter, among other things.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Father's Day, Natty Light getting in on the action. I have a post with their latest marketing ploy.
Speaker 2: Is it Daddy Light? No? No, Uh the.
Speaker 3: It's a toolbar, is what it is. And they got Richard carn Know from Home Improvement. We interviewed that dye. Well, they got him pitching this thing. It's basically a workbench disguised as a bar with a dartboard and they've made one of these that you can win in a giveaway. And uh, well, want to let him explain.
Speaker 5: Fritchard carn here, let me tell you the one thing your dad wants for Father's Day this year, the official Natural Light Toolbar, the only in home collapsible workspace from America's Crafty Is Beer Company. Natural lights just unlock, unfold, and unleash unlimited possibilities. And that's not all.
Speaker 2: When you tuck the toolbar away, you'll have lots.
Speaker 3: Of extra space for you.
Speaker 5: Got it, your very own built in natural light dartboard pulls up.
Speaker 2: So there's Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Get your pops the ultimate DIY dad, give get them the Natural Light toolbar.
Speaker 3: Now since they're only giving away one of these, and you can see what this thing looks like on our Facebook page. They also, knowing that many dads are handy, have included plans on how to build your own okay work bench slash tool bar.
Speaker 4: I thought I caught that d i y in there, and I was thinking, you know what, I I don't want to build my own. I want that guy from tool Time to come over and build it for me. We'll hang out and have a natty, right, Naddy.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool though, a little uh take on the traditional workbench.
Speaker 4: They're giving you a bunch of beer too, because I think I saw a bunch of beer there. Well, how about. Are they also giving you that neon light back there? Is that what attracted neighbors? A nice neon natty light.
Speaker 3: All you need is uh, the old school center fold over the workbenchco fair. If you're still a rocking a centerfold over your work bench, God bless you man you are.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous. You know what my wife and she pulled in
Speaker 1: One w j r R, Orlando's rock station,