Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Coming on in the last ten minutes, you know, as LA mates may start voting Republican, Like maybe in the next twenty four hours. You see that, Ryan, that a group of protesters now marching on an LA freeway. You want to talk about flipping people's votes in a heartbeat, Yeah, march on the freeway during rush hour, and it's always rush hour out there. So this is a beautiful thing, right. I wish none of it was happening, but if it has to happen, it's a beautiful thing because it's going to make for such a better America because Trump is going to win. We started the show with Any McCarthy from National Review at four oh six, and it's just crystal clear Trump has the authority to do what he's doing, and even the well, I shouldn't say that, but federal court judge out there already slap down Newsom's effort to you the courts to block Trump from exercising his appropriate constitutional authority here. He has the power to do it. He is going to win. The Left is just making it worse for itself right now, with every single day and with this right it is and get this even better for trying to get Republicans elected in Los Angeles and across the country. You not only have people shutting down the freeway, marching in protests, but waving Mexican flags. That just doesn't sell in ninety eight percent of this country. It just doesn't sell. So left can't help itself. It's just going to make it worse for itself, and that will end up being better for the country. It literally pretty god nobody gets killed or seriously injured. And a remarkable restraint by law enforcement across the board right now. But the Left, at least some elements there, seem seem dedicated at this point to just pushing it to the extreme. So we'll watch us unfold. You think we're going to see it in Colorado? I mean, you hear the chatter here this year that I would be surprised if we do.
Speaker 2: Because the story that I cut for you from Pop's thirty one there, and it was pretty lowly attended.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, that's my point, right, is that? Wait a second, It's it's clear Trump is the authority and he's going to win, so why would the left do it here? Yeah, I bet that we're not going to see that much of this anywhere outside of California. Maybe in California they figured they started it. They can't just put their tail between their legs and wander off. But I don't see. We're gonna think we're gonna see a lot of copycat stuff. We'll find out together three out three someone three eight two five five text da in five seven seven three nine. If you just joined us, thank you. We've been talking about a lot, including what we had predicted on this show. As soon as this quote lane filtering, lunacy was passing Colorado and lane filtering that's supposed to be the magic word, right, that says that motorcyclists can drive between lanes if the traffic is stopped. And as we said in the beginning, what a joke. We all know, once you pass that law, it's going to green light lane splitting, which is when you see motorcycles going full speed between lanes down highways. And that's exactly what we're getting and we're getting a lot of dead bodies along with that. And we played a CBS four story earlier aka Channel four what they say a round one hundred and sixty two motorcycle deaths already. So yeah, and then we had a good caller made a great point. Wait a second, if you're stopped, you're at an intersection. It's very important to safety of a rider, you know, to be able to get over between lanes, between those two cars so you don't get rear ended. I'm all for that. And I used to be a rider until gotten what could have easily been a horrific wreck. And then I just decided after that it's not worth it. It's just not or it. In fact, do you think this is wrong with me to do? Ryan? It may be the only thing we've ever asked our kids, or I have ever asked our kids not to do. And I don't want to alienate people in the audience. Obviously I rode for years. I love it. I'm just talking about my children, our children, and that is I asked them not to ride a motorcycle. You know, I see so much carnage, so much paralysis, is so much death and crashes that in a car, you know, Okay, a few hundred bucks for repair. And again I rode for years and loved it. But every parent knows that. I don't know how any parent ever survives, you know, losing a child, and just selfishly, I've just asked them not to ride. And you know, I understand that they may at some point they may just need to do it, and I respect that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all you can do is all you can do, Dan, which in your line of work and what you see, yeah, I mean it's just so amplified and magnified and you know the horrors of this and what can go wrong. So what did Joe say when you said that to him? Imagine Caroline would be like, yeah, okay, I won't ride. Yeah, but Joe maybe.
Speaker 1: You know, he's such a good kid. He is such a good kid. Yeah, he is, just he is. I'm sure he's not going to ride, you know, he just yeah, and Caroline the same. But but I understand the attraction. Again, That's why I did it, and I did it for years until I ended up under a bike in Boulder Canyon with about the entire fuel tank emptied out on top of me and the bike's running and I'm pinned. I can't get up, and so that's not the way you want to go out, right. So I just when I lucked out on that and got out of there, I just decided, Yeah, there are other ways to have a thrill. And I understand. I have a lot of great friends who are riders. Everything else. I know it's a lifestyle. I get it. And the vast majority of people who ride are extremely safe and careful. Completely get it. No disrespect, just personal decision here, Dad, I've lived from coast to coast in this country. Colorado has the absolute rudest drivers on the highway and surface street, the rudest all in caps. I haven't lived everywhere. I mean I traveled a bunch. I'm trying to think through you know, that could be true. That could be true in Colorado now. And I think it's a mix of the big drug culture that's been pushed the left, undermining law enforcement, too many people for the roads that we have. I think I think that the big, big, big recruitment effort among the left to recruit folks to come here illegally. And that's just going to put by definition, it's going to put not only more people on your roads, but more people who may be coming from a different culture where they haven't grown up with the same rules of the road that we have. And I'm sure there are plenty of folks here illegally who are good drivers, shouldn't be here illegally, but are good drivers. But boy, I think they're an awful lot who are horrible drivers. All of that is combined. Yeah, you'd say California, but most of California is just one big traffic jam, right, Yeah, can you think of can you think I know you're in Florida A lot don't. I don't think that's.
Speaker 3: They're just old and that's danger. A lot of them. I'm not joking, like, yeah, a lot of those old ones. I'm not on the road anymore. Oh I am New York City. Have you ever driven in New York City?
Speaker 1: I didn't think you could.
Speaker 2: It's not easy and the rude. But let me get this straight. I love New Yorkers. I love that they're blunt. I love that they tell you exactly what they think. But on the road it can get a little aggressive by Colorado standards.
Speaker 1: In New York. I'm not there often enough to say honestly, I'm trying to think of anywhere else. Yeah, I can't think of any any place as bad as this. And then you throw in the way Polo is in the left to have green lighted reckless trucking like through our highways.
Speaker 3: You know, as.
Speaker 2: A generational native Illinois, that's you. You know what Indiana and Wisconsin, it's what they call you. And people in Michigan, I didn't call you Phipps. You ever heard that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: You never heard that? No effing Illinois people.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that. Yeah, no, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Please, somebody in the audience tell me you've heard of that.
Speaker 1: Wow, theah A quote protest right involving foreign flags sounds like an insurrection to me, you know, I has Somebody had a great tweet over the weekend when those images came out of LA and you had all these Mexican flags being waived by gangs that were then trying to stop ICE from doing its job. Yeah, that's textbook insurrection. And I think the tweet was, Hey, how about that Alien Enemies Act? You know, Supreme Court, can we use it now? Kind of tweet? Yeah, No, that that would qualify as an insurrection. And I don't know if it would be legally prosecutable, because I don't do that kind of law. But when you've got the mayor of Denver out there saying that that, hey, you know, use the and pairaphrase and use the police force to stop the FEDS from enforcing the law. Tens of thousands of Denverights or what do they call it, Highland moms taking to the streets to stop them. Next, your sounds like calling for an insurrection. And then of course we're always going to have the consummate exhibit A on insurrection. How's he not prosecuted for this?
Speaker 3: I want to tell you, Gorsuch.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind.
Speaker 1: And you will pay the price.
Speaker 2: You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an insurrection. Threatening Supreme Court justice is by name with violence if they don't rule the way you want on a case, as you're a leader in the Senate.
Speaker 3: Yet and then that qualify we forget this part of the story.
Speaker 2: Dan would be assassin was camped outside of Justice Kavanaugh's home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's right.
Speaker 2: In tolerance, this kind of casual embrace dan a political violence on the left is far reaching. It's evidencing itself in Los Angeles. But there's another case right there, there's the boulder, would be the terrorists, the firebomber there well. But this is an embrace of violence, or at least a tolerance of it that the end justifies the means on the left.
Speaker 1: You're being so very generous. Having been the target of it, I can tell you. I can tell you it's intentional. I mean, the left knows they can't win on logic, on fact, on reason, on common morality, they can't win on any of that. So part of their playbook is the politics of personal destruction, the threat of violence and actual violence. Doesn't mean everybody on the left actually participates in actual violence, but they don't seem very upset by it.
Speaker 3: We final question, we got a break.
Speaker 2: Why is it only Senator John Fetterman, not a surprise, has stood up and posted a next that this what we're seeing in LA is not acceptable. Yeah, and it undermines the Democratic Party. He's the only one saying.
Speaker 1: But because most of the rest of them, including the Colorado people, are into this whole insurrection thing, they don't want to have to follow federal law, at least not federal immigration law. You're on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Tapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: How do you think a song like that has such a stained Oh?
Speaker 3: I was just talking to Kelly about this.
Speaker 2: I said, there are very few perfect rock songs, but this may in fact be one of them. From the start to the finish, the guitar solo is dueling in between.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that stuff well done, But I think any song that tells the story, yes, has much more stained power. Keta Taylor Swift's success.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know that I would put her on the level of Hotel California by the Eagles, but point taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tomato, Tomato. But here's a very sad story that we predicted would be told now being told by Channel four once Polus in the left trying to do this whole Green New Deal agenda. You know, Jes you're saying, okay, motorcycles. Now, all of a sudden, you can lane filter which really means lane split, which really means at high speed driving between lanes on the freeways. And what do you think is going to happen? A lot of dead bodies, and.
Speaker 6: We are continuing to see too many crashes across the state of Colorado, the most common with our motorcycle community. Colorado State Patrol says last year motorcyclists were at fault for more than six hundred crashes.
Speaker 1: Among those, one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and sixty two people lost their lives on our roadways and your First Alert Traffic Tracker reporter Brian Sharad joining us live from CSP headquarters in Golden and Brian, most of these crashes are on highways many of us take every single.
Speaker 7: Day, and that's right, Ashley. The two biggest ones I twenty five and I seventy and speeding contains to be to number one issues and in those two areas alone. This is something we've been tracking for the last several months as well. The biggest thing is just making sure you're being careful, but we're also noticing it around the times of two and four pm, the biggest day on Saturdays.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: When I spoke with troopers today, they said, along with speeding, we're seeing too many motorcyclists not being attentive on the roads, lack of experience causing crashes and driving under intoxication. Lane splitting is another huge reason for crashes. This is what a motorcyclist will use the highway lanes to drive in between cars while speeding.
Speaker 3: We want to remind you not only is as dangerous but illegal.
Speaker 7: By going through those vehicles at highway speeds, you are causing, whether it be small or big issues.
Speaker 1: No question about it. Dany, you could see this coming right, But again, the life doesn't care about human life. They just don't see it as having inherent value. Texter Dan, it still freaks me out when I'm driving on I twenty five and all of a sudden a loud motorcycle passes in between myself and the car next to me. Ah that from Alexa, What a great point because in addition to all this unnecessary bloodshed on the roadway, you have all of this unnecessary aggravation being inflicted on drivers. That's not fair. And listen, I rode for years. I have great respect for serious riders out there, but and they don't inflict unnecessary aggravation on drivers. I know motorcycles are harder to spot in this and that, but it's all part of being on the road. But these people doing the lane splitting car drivers, you know, SUV drivers, MVA drives should not be subjected to that kind of unnecessary stress. And tens three h three someone three eight two five five the new morose Dan Feederman atterstroking. It is the only JFK era a Democrat around connection question Mark. You know what this comes back to is is what we've been talking about forever, right the Democratic Party has that the people who control it, et cetera. They have so separated from mainstream Democrats, the mainstream American people. They're just whack right now. And so a guy like Fetterman, who's very far left, somehow seems kind of normal. Yeah, And this is one of the biggest dynamics that's getting missed right now is the massive separation of the Democratic Party leadership and power from a lot of Democrats. And they take it from a former Democrat. I think every single one of my family members outside the state of Colorado are Democrats. I mean, I know a little something about this. You've got a party that's separating from them now. I'm not suggesting you. I've got family members who are thinking about becoming a Republican. No, because the stereotypes and everything else, it would be unimaginable for many Democrats to become a Republican. But ay, you don't need them all to all of a sudden alter the electoral landscape a lot. Just do that math and b if you get enough of them to just stay home, that's enough to alter the map. And we saw some of that in November twenty four. Let's go to Anne in Westcliff. You're on the dan Kaplis. You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Good evening. How you doing it?
Speaker 1: I am living the dream? How about you? Ed?
Speaker 4: Oh you know I'm living the dream up in Westlift's plenty of room for it, that's for sure. I just wanted to mention on this lane splitting.
Speaker 2: I drive a.
Speaker 4: Horse trailer and truck that is literally the length of a semi and last Sunday I had somebody come right through. We didn't even see him until he was up at our front right bumper. Wow, and he must have missed both cars. That was next to me and me by a mere six inches.
Speaker 1: Could have given you a heart.
Speaker 4: And it's oh yeah, And you know I'm driving with horses that mean the world to me, right right, And you know I don't want to bump into anybody, but that would have been a major Mester accident. There was a lot of traffic and just to say, even with the traffic on I twenty five is crazy. When you're driving a horse trailer, people do not give you enough room and they want to see the horse. Well I don't think they can see them do well, okay, but you know we try to leave room in front of us and people just wiz in and then they put on the brakes and it drives us crazy. Nothing will cause me to see red than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you should not be subjected to the stress of these lane splitters. And you know what if they cause you to suddenly just instinctively veer and then all of a sudden, you know, the trailers rolling and all of it is the insanity. They've a they've got to get rid of that law and B they have to start cracking down on it. Don't blame law enforcement. It's the left that's undermining law enforcement.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, And I do have to say Colorado is one of the worst states for drivers. That is a lot of states, and they are able.
Speaker 1: You are so right in thank you for the call. I hope you call off and when we come back Denver falling apart fiscally. I wonder why.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. It's a good reminder. I want to write a song. I've never written a song, maybe because I can't say the word written, but I've ever written a song.
Speaker 3: You're written a poem because you could set that to music.
Speaker 1: It was just taught written and good talk. But I don't know I've ever written a poem. But I want to write a song. That's going to be my mission for the next week. When are we doing the that the humor show talking about all the serious topics but in a humorous way. Start to finish, no exception.
Speaker 2: Well what are you doing around the fourth? Like, what's your schedule court wise?
Speaker 1: Hopefully celebrating our thirty first anniversary.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about, because I have found and I had a email exchange with the lovely Amy, the missus.
Speaker 3: She was very excited that I found that clip.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh okay, she was very excited and yeah, the third of July is your anniversary, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are you taking the day off from the show and from the law firm.
Speaker 1: You know, we're getting ready for a trial and we started a trial on the seventh, so damn, We've got out of state meetings, the first and second trial prep meetings, and then trial starts the seventh, so I'll be there for dinner.
Speaker 3: Thank you God for that.
Speaker 1: But she gets it, she gets it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she didn't marry a man of leisure. Let me and I don't know what you're she could have you wore a leisure suit. So but not to our weddy think. But if you're in trial prep mode, what you will be It sounds like if you are doing the shows that week, Okay for follow me here. I am out the third to the seventh. I'm going back home to Michigan for that, okay, but I'm thinking maybe that July two, which is a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'm in those meetings beating ironically in La. Yeah, getting ready for that trial.
Speaker 3: So meeting's in La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Sandbagger, No, no, it's not. It's not pleasure. I'm sure not. But yeah, we'll figure it out. But then I because I want to figure out when we're doing the All Humor show, because that's going to need some real work.
Speaker 2: What about the last day that you are on the mic for this show before you go.
Speaker 1: Off to the lace. Let's look at a ste Friday nail that downd of this month. But then I want to stagger it because I want to get the show where I'm going to introduce the song that I write. I don't think Convoy counts because I just covered that.
Speaker 3: That was pretty awesome, though, do you still have that sound? I have it, and.
Speaker 2: That's a total de Kelly knows story behind the scenes. Our audio failed and either what did I even dig it out of any great but I did get it great work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't count because I just covered convoy. But vaccine waters bright and every day, and even.
Speaker 7: Those who were out of step with what we are advocating, peaceful protest did not create any violence.
Speaker 3: Nobody was shot, nobody was killed.
Speaker 1: That's the standard now in LA I guess right, yeah, No, it's not violence.
Speaker 3: That's not violence. Vehicles on fire.
Speaker 1: Oh, please keep talking. I mean in Republican National Committee should pay her, right, should just pay her. But what do we have going on the text line? All sorts of fun stuff. Let me real a few of those off Dan. My sister had a stroke. She was a conservative before the stroke and remained a conservative after I'm sorry she had the stroke. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry she had the stroke to get a bunch of these texts saying that Colorado drivers are the worst. And I do think we have to seriously consider that possibility, you know, for all the reasons mentioned earlier. But it starts with the left in Colorado undermining law enforcements, so you can't have the enforcement b the left in Colorado actively recruiting people that come here illegally from all over the world, including countries where they're not going to have our some rules of the road, the left drowning Colorado in drugs, pushing their legalized drug agenda because a drug population is more dependent on government, right, So you get all these fat and then the left actively defeating legislation that would make our road safer, like you know, toughening up the penalties. Yeah, so no, wonder we have what we have that is a bad, bad brew. My friend, So, do you have a strategy, young Ryan, or do you just kind of say, hey, if your numbers up, your numbers up, do you have some strategy for protecting yourself on the roadways? And I'd love to hear what folks do there. I've got one, but it's three or three someone three eight two five five takes d a N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: I drive very defensively, and I learned a tactic in so my driver's education course that oh, it always drove my mom nuts, but I'm glad that I do it, which is you don't trust your mirrors, and any vehicle that you have there's gonna be a blind spots. So you have your side mirrors and your rear view mirror, and I do the look over the shoulder as emerging lanes. And the part that I really do that for is what we've been discussing, which is these motorcycles come like a bat out of hell, out of nowhere, and you might have checked your mirror, but then something changes in a half second, so I look over, I look over that shoulder, and then I go right.
Speaker 1: So that's my right enough obviously when you're leaving enough room in front of you. But yeah, yeah, no wise for me, I think everybody knows that it starts with when the light turns green, do not go that. Yeah, when the light turns green, don't assume it's clear. Look both ways.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: That saved me this year alone, six or seven times incredible obviously saved her daughter. By the way, the update on that, because I talked about it on the show. I will find if it's the last thing I do with my dying breath, I will find this trucker who would have killed her if she had not thought about my advice and didn't go when the light turn green. And I've got the photo. I've got the photo taken off a video of the trucker blowing through. It was a hard red blowing through a hard read, my daughter says, at very high speed, and he would have killed her if she had gone when the light turn green. So rule number one, do not go when the light turnscreen. By the way, you know, I work with some really really, really high level experts, and none of them have been able to clarify this picture enough to get the name of the company off the side of that truck because the video was such poor quality. Yeah. So, but I'm not going to stop. I'm going to find a way. But that that approach so far has failed. I did get a call from somebody in the audience who has a pretty good sized trucking company, and he thinks that just off the photo alone, he may be able to give it all his drivers and something identify it.
Speaker 3: Are you going to go full Liam Niece and taken here?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm going to operate within the bounds of the law. I never saw that movie. Did you operate in the bounds of the law?
Speaker 2: And you got to see it because it's about a father daughter relationship. Okay, it's you and Caroline, and it's you doing whatever it needs to be done, and you have whatever a particular set of skills, hm, and you will find this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll find him. Yeah, But then I'll act within the bounds of the law.
Speaker 3: I obviously, yeah, yeah, severely severely.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, for the protection of others, Andy, he would have killed my daughter, that's right. I'm assuming it's a he. I would do what percentage I should know this, and I think I do. Female semi drivers, I think it's under two percent. If that, I mean, somebody on the road can tell us. Right now, We're fortunate to have a lot of good drivers who listen to the show. And that's a funny, really a funny industry that way, isn't it, Because I think you look at most industries and pick one. Okay, law enforcement, lawyers, doctors, you look at most industry and you say, any human endeavor is going to have a handful of knuckleheads, right, but the knucklehead factor is going to be relatively low, but they can do a lot of damage, even a few. Then you look at the trucking industry and we have this, in my opinion, constitutionally protected opinion, is this a guy who does a lot of these serious and catastrophic trucking cases. This whole big segment of the trucking industry that are just absolute heroes. They're true professionals. They're as professional as bo Nicks, and they've got a tougher job and they do it with great pride, they do it superbly. And that's why our country can function, because we could not function without the trucking industry. So you got that, and then you've got this growing underbelly in the industry, fueled by greed and fueled by shell games, and you've got this underbelly that is horrible and extraordinarily dangerous, and so it is. It's a really concerning industry that way. But the great ones, hey, they deserve everybody's respect because that is a tough job to do really well. And there are a bunch of the move do it really well. The other ones. They put you in more danger day in and day out than probably anything else in your life. And more needs to be done under the law. More needs to be done, starting with isn't this just insane? Ryan? You have got to be able to read and speak English in order to drive a semi on a roadway. Shit, it might be a basic starting point.
Speaker 3: Gotta be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I was driving any other country like Mexico and I didn't know Spanish, You've got to know the rules of the road and how to read them exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: But our lawmakers so very lax, especially in a place like Colorado. Help poll us. You know, if Kim Kardashian whispers in his ear, the guy who convicted of homicide, remember the I seventy murder, set all those people on fire. Kim Kardashian whispers in your ear, cut him a big break. He'll be out in a few You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast. WI the people wain the people way, not people.
Speaker 3: That's what teaching your kids.
Speaker 1: Love us of us, have that right to life, liberty and the pursuit ob justice. Yeah, another convert to the pro life cause we're picking them off on the left.
Speaker 3: Is that how it reads?
Speaker 2: This is the NA National Education Association president, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of justice.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Especially got two out of three.
Speaker 2: That's better than they usually do, right, could you I asked this earlier, Dan, if you're a teacher out there, I don't even care about your political affiliation, the fact that you're represented at the highest level in labor by this woman and Randy Wineingarten.
Speaker 3: How do you sleep at night? How do you live with that? You know, it's one of three?
Speaker 1: Since I'm really excited for the future because the day's coming, right, I mean, you think about teachers, and you think about how they have been so screwed by their own union. Right, first that they're screwing the kids, right, but then the teachers. Because if we had the secret sauce of America, right that makes so many things so great, If we had true competition, fair competition in education, what do you think that would do to the salaries of the really good teachers? Can you imagine if we had a true free market in education where poor and middle income parents that they got about that same amount of money that the government's now pouring into schools, and they got to decide where to spend it. And then you had people competing for their dollars in a true free market education system. And then all of a sudden, you know, these lower income and middle income parents, they've got this enormous purchasing power, which means they have real power. And the people who want to have their kids go to their schools, now they have to make sure those schools do a really good job for those kids. Can you imagine the bidding war for top teachers, So all these teachers who think they're being QUO protected by their union, which is first undermining the kids, but also undermining good teachers, because man, oh, first, the good teachers would be getting really good contracts on a free and open market. More importantly, the kids, particularly poor kids and middle income kids, they would have their potential unleashed as they were able to finally fairly, you know, compete in the education world, get a competitive start in the schools that they're attending. And some do now, but so many don't. Write and then you think what that does for society in terms of unleashing prosperity. It's just it's exciting to think about. But that's a problem. You're probably looking for a shorter answer, but that's my point is that's great. Well, what do you think, let's say there's a free market in education out there right now, you have true school choice. What do you think top teachers, let's say elementary school teachers. What do you think a top first grade teacher is going to make if all of a sudden there are these bidding wars which there would be with true competition.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem with this particular aspect of a unionized workforce is that the truly great teachers, look at that end of it, are not properly rewarded, not really.
Speaker 1: Right, And then think about all the other people who'd go into teaching. If all of a sudden there's going to be a free market, it's going to be respected. If you turn out to be great, people are going to be bidding for your services. Yeah, I mean, so you would think teachers would be pushing for true school choice. Should really reward the better ones. Yeah, that day's coming, man, it has to. It just has to. And the sooner the better. And we're seeing more than incremental progress in different places around the country, but there will be a tipping point at some point. And I think what we're seeing now Ryan, this obvious political realignment in progress. It all fits together because you see the Republican Party, particularly under Trump, becoming the party of working people. The Democratic Party no longer. Now, it's going to take some time for that to continue to play out, and you're going to have to have a great successor to Trump, whether it's Jdie Vance, whether it's Marco Rubio, somebody else of that caliber. But hopefully the GOP will keep moving in that direction and then this tipping point on education will follow because I think what you see, and you know, working people in America understand for a long time, because working people in America are super smart, and they also have common sense in streets smarts that go along with it. So they know they've been getting screwed for a long time. Their kids have been getting screwed for a long time by the Democrats. They just for a long time haven't been able to even consider voting Republican. Trump has changed that, some GOP candidates have changed that. But you continue that, then sure is that quo do people love more than anything on this earth. They love their kids, and so that tipping point on education, it's going to come. If the GOP keeps expanding as the party of working people. You think they will it will?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think we're going to have an even more effective messenger, although not the emotional appeal of Donald Trump. But like you said, in the next election, Dan and the Democrats better get it by then, because when the census comes down the pike in twenty thirty and all these people are leaving blue states like Colorado, California, New York going to red states, that's going to be a real tough hill to climb.
Speaker 1: Some of our Texters, we've been talking a lot about how do you protect yourself on the roadways right now, because they've gotten so crazy here. Dan, I also watch the front tires of adjacent drivers to try to anticipate their next move. My big tip, obviously, is when the light turns green, don't go look both ways first, because so many people are blown reds hard reds right now. Dan, I keep my eyes on my rearview mirror and always look before crossing intersections. Stand to thank you Patrick. In southern Colorado, I want to keep this conversation going. I'll tell you one other big thing that I do to protect myself and my family. And I know it's tough, right because you know, these cars are expensive, but there are a lot of good used car deals on cars that are particularly safe. And I've been doing this catastrophic injury work for forty years. There are certain cars, Thank god, I've never seen anybody killed it, and so you can get you know, cars that are five and even ten years old, or some new ones much safer. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you Kelly. Join us tomorrow, please,