Speaker 1: Welcome back to Geeking Camo.
Speaker 2: I'm your host Craig, and today we are talking save Stargate or hashtag save Stargate. So any of you that know me know that I've been an absolute massive fan of Stargate ever since it first came out or was it way back in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well you can even hear the Atlantis theme song going right now from Stargate Atlantis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stargate, Save Stargate.
Speaker 2: So what we're trying to do is we are trying to get a fourth live action Stargate series up and running. And at the moment, the save Stargate has sorry, the save Stargate hashtag, plus the petition has one hundred and sixteen and seventy one signatures on it. We can do a lot better than that. That one hundred and sixteen thousand people from across the world. We can definitely do a lot better than that. Come on, people, if you're watching this right now, jump over to savestargate dot com and get on there, take action and sign the petition, because we don't only just want to quote unquote save Stargate. We want to save the Martin Guiro version of Stargate that was greenlit by Amazon and MGM, and then all of a sudden they canceled it, you know, because apparently it wouldn't appeal to people outside of the already established audience. Like, you know, let's be frank here, that's bullshit, because it's the fans like myself and you who are watching this that would have bought in new people to watch the show as well. So we want to keep Stargate in the established continuity of sgy Atlantis universe because it was going to be written and directed and executive produced and show run by people that have been involved in SG one Atlantis and universe before.
Speaker 1: Reportedly, now.
Speaker 2: Amazon and MGM they are looking at just bringing in a whole new team and potentially just ignoring what has come before, maybe even just going back to the movie universe, or you know, completely starting again, which is not what the fans want. Like I can almost guarantee that, yes, we would watch the new show, but it wouldn't be any good, Like look what happened with Stargate origins for instance. You know the little web show that they did when they started was the MGM Plus channel. It was terrible, it completely ignored parts of canon and it just wasn't good. There were just things that were very, very wrong with it. Whereas if we continued down the path and use Martin Guiro's show that he was developing, I can guarantee it would appeal to fans of the show. And you've got what seventeen seasons? What ten seasons of SG one, five seasons of Atlantis and two seasons of Universe. You've got seventeen seasons of back catalog there for fans to go back and watch. And every time people are signing up for Prime Video or Paramount or wherever you watch it, Netflix or whatever. You know, Prime and MGM are making money out of that. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to continue with that universe. You know, we've got established law there. It is such a good show. It is actually pretty wholesome. It's got the right amount of action, it's got the right amount of humor, yea. And the stories that they would have come up with, like they actually already had a writer's room done, you know, they'd convened a writer's room, they had come up with scripts, they had a studio all set out in London, of all places, Like, personally, I would have preferred that they kept it in BC, in British Columbia there in Canada. But yeah, that's okay as long as they have, you know, the established team, Like, we don't want to just save Stargate. We want to save Martin Guiro Stargate, you know, because just bringing out a new Stargate show, yeah that doesn't involve that team is probably not good enough to be honest.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing my part.
Speaker 2: I've been posting heaps of yeah like memes and hashtag save Stargate all over the place, all over the Internet. I've been doing it on my Instagram, on my Facebook. I'm making this video. You know, get on and support other channels as well, Like jump on your favorite podcast platform and go to my friends over at get into Gate, go see those guys, you know, promote their stuff, promote my stuff, Like we have to continue down this path and get Martin Guiro Stargate back on because at the moment, Amazon and MGM just don't seem to care. But when you jump on their Facebook or Instagram accounts and check under any of their posts from the last month or two, you.
Speaker 1: Should see the amount of.
Speaker 2: Save Stargate hashtags that are under there, or if they ask what's your favorite TV show or movie or anything, it's just all Stargate stuff, all majority Stargate stuff. Like come on, you know the people have spoken you like Amazon executives, you will make money. Fucking Jeff Bezos if you're watching this somehow, or anybody that knows Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 1: Get in his ear. He's reportedly a Stargate fan himself. Anyway, Like, let's let's stick to the established universe that they've got. We want to know, actually, what's happening to the Destiny. You know, the last we saw from Stargate universe, that Destiny was traveling between galaxies and Eli was the only one awake on that ship. Last we saw on Stargate Atlantis, Atlantis itself was sitting in San Francisco Bay, Like we're talking twenty years ago now for a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 2: What has happened to these people like Daniel Jackson could be running the SGC by now, or Colonel Shepherd could be General Shepherd and running the SGC, or at running Atlantis, or you know, Rodney, what's Rodney doing? What's his sister doing? You know, We've got all of these unanswered questions which could be answered. You know, we could have figured out what the Destiny was doing years ago. You know, who's the next new big bad that we're fighting? Are we going to a different galaxy? Like, there are so many stories that could be told. The Furlings, We've never actually seen anything of them. There's one episode of SG one where we saw some Furling writing really and their Furling portal, but apart from that, we've never met the Furlings. Yeah, there are so many stories that could be told in the established continuity, and it would be brilliant to be bringing in new watches to the show in the current universe that we've got.
Speaker 1: It just makes sense.
Speaker 2: And you know, in this day and age when you know, studios are just looking at making money and all that sort of stuff, Like, I don't see how you know ignoring the current fans is going to make money. I really don't. You know some of those people at Amazon, MGM Prime, whoever it is making these decisions. You really need to think about it. Anyway, Jump on over to savestargate dot com. Get on there, sign that petition if you haven't already, Get all your friends and family to sign that petition, and on all these different posts around the place from Amazon, MGM, Prime, whatever, chuck that hashtag stargate, save Stargate in there. Every little bit helps. Until next time, my name's Craig geeking Camo and I'll catch you later.
Speaker 1: Cheers,