Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray on Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, our number three coming up here at nightside, and we're talking about really two subjects. There are two huge news stories today nationally. One is tonight President Biden's farewell addressed to the nation. So the speech, which was about nineteen minutes in length, was not especially remarkable. I don't think there was some line in the space in the speech that will be remembered forever, such as Dwight Eisenhower's reference to the military industrial complex. It was a summation. It was basically Joe Biden telling the world what a great job he thought that he had done. So you can comment on not only the speech, but you can comment on his entire administration, which I think would be more interesting, and whether you feel that it was overall successful or not give them a grade. And then the developments in the Middle East. That dawn is about getting close to a new day in Israel, and there is a new day in the Middle East if this ceasefire holds, if the hostages are released Palestinian prisoners are also exchanged. Israel has done a remarkable job. I mean, when you think about where Israel was approximately what sixteen months ago. They were flat on their back. They were flat on their back, and they have come back and done a remarkable job. And again it's good that our administrations backed Antnye, although I think we could have backed him more strongly in my opinion. But nonetheless, I think Israel has come out the other end of this very dark tunnel to what would be hopefully years of peace and quietude in the Middle East. They have destroyed the leadership of Hespola, they have destroyed the leadership of Hamas. They have done incredible work which I think also they contributed to the downfall of a sad Let's let's talk about either or both of those topics. Up next on Nightside. Let me go to Mark and Cambridge. Mark, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 3: Welcome, how you knowing?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine tonight, How are you, sir?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 2: We can still say that because it's still January.
Speaker 5: Go right ahead, Mark, January.
Speaker 3: I just want to make this short and simple. Okay, I voted for Trump, you know, but we're gonna get to the speech of Joe Biden. I think it was, like I said, it wasn't well crafted. It was just someone wrote a speech, you know, yep.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: You I mean while I was in office, you know, I mean a lot of things happened on his watch. And oh, with the new administration coming in Monday, you know, it's like like can say, it's time to move forward, you know, Oh it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's yeah, yeah, I mean, look, it's time to turn the page. Okay. Trump was elected in November. He's had an opportunity to put his cabinet proposals in front of the Senate. I guess Marco Rubio was well received today. I think Pam Bondy will be the next attorney general. I even think that Hegseath, who for a long time looked like he was on shaky grounds as the next Defense secretary, looks to me like he'll he'll make it. And I think the political atmospherics in the country have changed in the last year and a half or so. Maybe some of it has to do with the assassination attempts last summer. I don't know. Maybe people just said, hey, it's time for change. But this is where we are, and I'm anxious to see what sort of a job Donald Trump's going to be able to do second time around. It's not often people get a second chance at being president after they've lost.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly yeah, exactly right. So it leaves me to this. This is for Joe Bidens. La la la la, good bye.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, feel free to join the conversation here. I thought that the speech tonight was probably the speech that Joe Biden wanted to give. It was a pretty straightforward litany of what he felt were his successes. I got open lines here, which makes me always uncomfortable. No guests, you're my guests. This is two big stories. Joe Biden's farewell. It was only nineteen minutes. I didn't I thought it would go twenty but nineteen is about right.
Speaker 6: And and.
Speaker 2: Of course Israel I think that tonight, Benjamin not in. Yahoo's policies have proven to be the right ones. The last few months, Israel has come literally come off the canvas and fought its way back six one, seven, two, four ten thirty one line at six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Bernie's in New Hampshire, Bernie, next one night'sat How are you, Bernie?
Speaker 7: I'm fine? How are you tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Does a Bernie in Vermont? Now we got a Bernie in New Hampshire. Go ahead, Bernie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my son just went off the basic train in last week. We brought him up to Maps and Alton. He signed an army range and contract. He's eighteen years old. So I'm very happy with the new president of the United States, and I think it's going to bode well for him, not just my opinion, but especially like with the stuff going on in the Middle East. So I think it's having a strong president. It's going to bode well for a son that you know, he's a three sport athlete, captain of all the teams, and he did very well. He took college courses in high school and he chose to be an army ranger and focus mother was hot, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she'll be proud of him. Look, first of all, congratulations on having raised a son. I want to say a couple of things to you. One, I think you're right. I think that the military will feel more respected under Donald Trump. Rightfully or wrongfully, I think that they will feel more respected as a whole. And I also think that Donald Trump, he's not an isolationist, but I don't think that we will see as when he was president the military adventures. He used special forces to take out the bad guys, but there weren't huge deployments under his presidency. And he actually had initiated not that the war withdrawal from Afghanistan went according to plan, but he had initiated that. And I just I think your son is joining the Army Rangers at a good point in time, is what I'm trying to say to you, in a good way. I'm sure that your son will will rise to whatever occasion he faces, as the Army Rangers always do. When when was the departure day? Was it actually today, Bernie?
Speaker 3: It was last Tuesday, Last Tuesday. Yeah, my wife was from home Sunday.
Speaker 7: He got to call her and she's been crying ever since.
Speaker 2: Well that's how much he loves him' And you love you know, you love him in a different way. You you see him off and you see the start of his life. I mean, he I'm sure is going to be a great success, uh in the military and going in as an Army Ranger. They're the best of the best.
Speaker 7: So yeah, very honorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you should be very proud of having raised the sun like that. And UH, do me a favor if you if you talk to him, and I know the telephone calls in the first few weeks of basic training tend to be few and far between, tell him you call my program and tell him that I just wanted on behalf of everyone who listens to this broadcast. We want to thank him for taking on this, this duty and this obligation. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, Bertie. Yes you have you? Have you ever called before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: First time?
Speaker 2: Well, we want to give you a round of applause. But in addition, I want to give a separate rob round of applause for your son. What's your son's first name? Bernie, Frankie, Frankie. Please, when you talk to Frankie, tell him thank you for all of us. Okay, And I truly truly mean that. I spent a little bit of time in the military. Nothing as adventuresome as the Army Rangers. Trust me on that, and uh, I salute him and I stand in admiration of him and of his parents. Thank you, Bernie. I really appreciate you taking the time to call call more off than you.
Speaker 7: Thank have a good night, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Happy New Year to you, and keep us posted on your son's progress. Thank you, so I will, I will all right give you a wife a hug for us as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeahthing's gonna.
Speaker 2: Everything's going to be okay, Everything's going to be okay. Thanks Bernie, talk to you soon. Thank good night boy. What a what an honor to talk to that dad. It's amazing the people who UH call this program on any given night for the first time, Bernie's call, Miller's call from Lawrence, or last hour. I enjoy callers. I think you know that by now, so feel free to become one six one seven, two four ten thirty six one seven, nine ten thirty if you want to add your note of congratulations. I think a lot of young men and women are going to decide that the military is a career, uh or, if not a career, a commitment for some period of time. I think we'll see recruiting taking an upward trend. In my opinion, I could be wrong. I don't think so. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan way Line from the Window World nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back, We're going to go to the Empire State. Carl is in New York Carl, Welcome to knightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 6: I give Biden's speech. I give Biden's speeches. See it's kind of was kind of generic. But they can't give him to anything too major to say that he's not going to mess it up anyway.
Speaker 2: So well, it was interesting. If it had Bill Clinton, it probably would have gone for a couple of hours. But I figured twenty minutes and he did nineteen, and that's about where I think it should have been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was fine that just him talking about the Supreme Court and putting limits on it. Hey, it's worked for two hundred and fifty years. Why master if anything putball.
Speaker 2: On the Yes, it seemed a little disingenuous. I mean, I know that he doesn't like that, but he never talked about putting present, putting any limits on Congress. I mean, you know, if you're going to put court, why not have term limits on Congress? I mean, you gotta like I just it would have been nice if the speech was truly devoid of politics, but I don't think he's capable of that.
Speaker 6: I think I'm talking about him talking about you know, people paying their fair share, you know, the rich and the elite in this country already paid forty percent of the tax anyway, well.
Speaker 2: At least because when you think about the federal income taxes around thirty seven percent, if you live in a state like New York, where you live, you got a pretty significant state tax. And if you happen to work in New York City, there's a city tax, and now you're going to have congestion pricing in New York. Foregnia is the same way California. Thirteen percent state income tax in California. Here in Massachusetts, we just passed a couple of years ago the millionaires tax, so that for forever the taxes state tax in Massachusetts was five percent. And now for anyone making over million dollars, first million dollars, five percent. Anything beyond that, if you happen to, you know, be very fortunate and play for the Red Sox or or the Celtics or the Patriots, you're gonna pay nine percent in state income tax. That's a big deal. That's a big job on top of a federal income tax. I don't know. I love when they use the term fear share. What the heck does fair share mean? It doesn't mean anything in my mind, it might mean a flat income tax of fifteen percent across the board.
Speaker 6: Someone else might say, to go out and you get an education, and you get a good job, and you happen to make money, you know what I mean, and somebody else doesn't. Why why are you gonna pay more? You know what I mean? You did your work, you did what you're closed to do.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the progressive loved Zuckerberg, they loved Bezos, they loved all of the tech billionaires, until all of a sudden, the tech billionaires said, well, no, the Washington Post is not going to make an endorsement this year, And all of a sudden, Mark Zuckerberg's paying a million dollars to h for the Trump inaugural. All of a sudden, the progressives are feeling really bitter. What it's their former heroes.
Speaker 6: Well, they know, they just know if they're not going to do the right thing, Trump's going to get on about it. I don't see any of the censorship with TikTok. I think it's part of you know, people get on there and say what they want to say, and it's you know, I mean, it's like the Internet used to be. You probably remember at the very beginning. It was the wild, wild wets out here.
Speaker 2: It still is, I mean, it still is. And guess what it used to be. The people. What people forget is that remember when you're in high school, not that you're in high school at this time, but and you learned about the yellow journalism of the late eighteen hundreds when you know, and then they used to be in New York City what a dozen newspapers and they were squirrel us and we used we used to have the internet is now what used to be the Inquirer at the supermarket all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: I think you don't need the censorship. Just do your research, you know what I mean. There's legitimate so he's on there to get your to get your information from and you know, take everything with a grain of salt.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe maybe a couple of grains of salt. I mean, if you want to believe that, you want to write a book that the Martians have landed, write the book. Okay, see what good luck. That's what freedom's all about. Absolutely, you have the freedom in this country to be a jerk. If you want, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm listening to you tonight on my gig super radio. Usually I get you online, but it's coming in pretty well tonight.
Speaker 2: Whereabouts of New York? Are you in the city or upstate?
Speaker 6: No, I'm on near Albany.
Speaker 2: Sure, we got a lot of listeners in New York State.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're only You're only one hundred and eighty miles away. Because I usually listen to you from nine to twelve, and then i'll go after After twelve, I go to WLW to the Trucking Network at night till like one or two in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with the truck What is the Trucking Network? Is that a radio station or is that a trucking station?
Speaker 6: No, it's a show. They call it the Trucking Network. They have a lot of truck drivers calling because WLW is kind of like you are where. They cover so many states. Yeah, they give the they give the weather forecast for like all the major highways in the United States. They do.
Speaker 2: Where is LW. I assume if it's w LW with a W, it's supposed to be east of the Mississippi River. We're based in Boston, you know, we think of ourselves more as New England.
Speaker 6: But where they based us Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: Perfect? What a perfect spot to be. I mean, you were in the good old.
Speaker 6: I get w j R out of Detroit in that night a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to when I was a kid, a long time ago. I used to listen to baseball games. I would listen to the Orioles games. I used to listen to the Yankee games on w CBS.
Speaker 6: I don't know, m Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and uh, every once in a while you could pick up a Phillies game here and there, an Indian game. And back in those days, we had a big old radio in the back porch. It was an antique or it was a really old radio and if you just got that dial exactly where it was, that introduced me to radio. I think that's how I got hooked on radio as a kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah. My dad had a big old Zeni Transoceanic big two radio that we played with when we were kids, and we could DX across the country or and it had like nine bands a short wave in it. So we were listening to you know, NRD out of Japan and Radio Mas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always I wish I had learned more about radio, in the internals of radio and all of that. The thing that I liked was listening to baseball games. And I don't know if you happen to be a Yankee fan or not, but the Yankees used to have a broadcaster named Red Barber Do you remember him?
Speaker 6: Name sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: Well, Mel Allen was the Yankees broadcaster, and Red Barber Gran had been a broadcaster for the for the Dodgers and with the Yankees, and barbera had a tendency to tell stories during the game. So it would go something like this. You know, h' say you know Elston Howard at the play and you know two and two on Ellie? Oh yeah, I remember that story, and tell some story. And the next thing it's say, uh, Marie takes a ball outside, Well what happened to Howard? You know? That's like and then at some point, you know, Howard leads off second. Now you figured he well he maybe got a double, maybe he stole second base, but if it would just go all of a sudden, he hit off hid And he was a great broadcaster, but he would go into a story and it was read Baba, and he had that kind of clipped of Southern accident. Read Baba, Yankee broadcaster. And I used to listen to him. But it was so frustrating because it was like, wait a second, hold on, you know, Elson Howard's what how come Roger Merris? Is it that.
Speaker 6: Shortwave? Shortwaves kind of died out. It's a lot of Christian stations, and there's a lot of Spanish stations for some readion or another right now on there BBC. The BBC shut down a lot of their their transmitters, and Mike Jamaica and in different parts around the world. You get it coming right out of a but a lot of I'm just telling you, I am thrilled of America.
Speaker 2: You know, Carl, you and may not know too much. I'm in my eighteenth year here. Next month we'll do our four thousandth show on WBZ Nightside.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I never would have imagined as a little kid sitting in the back porch in Boston, we lived in the city, in the city, listening to radio when I was twelve or thirteen years old, and it expanded my view of the world. It was like, whoa, there's a big world out there. I never would have imagined that in WBZ is this iconic station here. And you may know or you may not know. But before I worked here in WBZ Radio. I was. I was a television reporter for thirty one years on WBZTV, so I've worked for really one employer my entire career. We were owned at different times by CBS by westy Ill was broadcast. Now we're owned by iHeart. But it's been a pretty cool way to live, to live my life, to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I listened to a lot of the Canadian stations with one called CHML, and they're like eleven hundred am, but they they play all the old radio shows I like our Miss Brooks and the Shadow and Yeah and things like that, and they come booming in at night if people are looking for something I listen't too.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent, Carl. I hope you continue to he I believe you've called before, correct, I recognize.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah it's been it's been a couple of years.
Speaker 2: But would do me a favorite, you know, check in more often than that. I may not be here a couple of years from now. You never know, Carl.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I can't have a good.
Speaker 2: Nay, Carl, appreciate it. Have a great one good night onlyline available six months seven. I'm enjoying myself tonight. I hope you are as well. Back on Night's side. After this.
Speaker 1: Night's side thought with Dan ray Undel bas Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the calls, we go. We're gonna go next to Jim in Kansas City, Missouri. Jim, you are next on nights. Welcome Jim, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, thanks for taking my call. How are you doing great?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Had some interesting calls tonight. What's your take either on the president's farewell speech or on this remarkable achievement that Israel has been able to do against all odds.
Speaker 5: You know, I've heard most of your calls, and so I can't. I can't appine it. I can Can I go on both of them?
Speaker 2: Or sure? Go ahead? Yeah? Oh okay?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Uh have you ever heard that song by the Almond Brothers called Tied to the Whipping Post?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, okay, Well, probably very Uh it's a very well known song. And at this point in the Biden presidency, that's what I feel like. Every time I hear about what something he's done, I feel like I'm just tied up. He's laying into me and there's nothing I can do about it. So why in the world. I would want to turn on the TV and pay any attention. I just turn your head and bear it for as much longer as you possibly can without passing out. That's how I think of it, That's how I feel about it. And on the TikTok subject, it's not about what people are putting on there. It's about these phones collect every kind of every information you can imagine about you. All the clothing you wear, everything that's in your house, everything you say, your fingerprint, your face, your photos of your face, everything is on there, and these Chinese people have access to it, you know, I just I think so.
Speaker 2: But look, look, look my attitude is if you're dumb enough to participate in anything, I mean, if you're dumb enough to go online when you get one of these things downline that says you know, you've now won a million dollars please check here. Uh oh at this point, no, no, you don't know.
Speaker 5: You don't understand. Even when somebody's near you, their phone is scanning your phone. There's if you're you're the devices all hook up to each other, So if somebody who has TikTok enabled is nearby you, they're scanning on your phone trying to get information on that that.
Speaker 2: I'm not aware of that. Jim. If you if you tell me that, I listen to me. If you tell me something, I will believe it. Okay, you're a smart guy. I'm not disagreeing with you. I was not aware of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the problem. It's not I mean, that's kind of the big Okay, And so anyway, that's that's the problem with TikTok. But the thing is we need laws, privacy laws like in Germany, because even if they do, if they don't get it from TikTok, they could just pay for it. Believe me, you it's out there. You can if you pay the right amount of money, you can find out anything you want about people or what kind of every every device they have in their house, exactly where they live, the square footage, the floor plan, everything, everything is all out there. But you can't hide it. So and that that's the problem, you know.
Speaker 2: So So where does that lead you? What does what is? What? What's your conclusion?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the reason that they're doing it is so that China has to pay for the information. But I think the only solution to it is if you have privacy laws like they have in Germany, where they're not allowed to collect that information.
Speaker 2: Do you think so, you think that the German privacy laws will prevent China from collecting information if that China wants the information.
Speaker 5: No, but it'll it'll prevent the information from being collected by on Americans. And then if it's not collected, then it's not available. But as long as it's collected and they they sell it.
Speaker 2: If China, Jim, just listen to my question. If China is intent on collecting information on people, do you think that some statute, some law that gets passed in Germany or Sweden or America, China's going to say, well, we can't do that now because there's a Laura in America.
Speaker 5: We'll still try. They'll still try, They'll still try, but the so the software and hopefully the hardware won't allow it.
Speaker 2: That is why that I think both the Biden and the Trump administration wants TikTok to sell the ownership of the company to an American firm.
Speaker 5: I think that's what you know. I don't. I don't really think that's going to solve anything.
Speaker 2: But well, I'm not as smart about this as you are, Jim. So Therefore, I'm gonna stand down here. I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm just Dan.
Speaker 5: The only reason, the only reason why I can't find out exactly where you live and what your cell phone number is because you have such a common last name. I know, names of your children, I know name your wife. I know. I mean, so you just you just look up the name and if there'll be a list of one hundred names, and then you just got to pick through them and you can find out everything you want to know.
Speaker 2: About my information. A lot of my information is on the Internet. And the reason it's on the Internet is I made a decision that in order to publicize my show and to reach out to people like you and others, that I put the information out there. I'm an open book. That's my choice. That's my choice.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well I'm also saying the way.
Speaker 2: Very well known in Boston. I've been a TV reporter here for thirty one years. There's probably darn few people in Boston that I haven't met personally in all honesty, Jim. So that's that's part of living. I'm not a hermit, though I'm really not, and I try to keep all of my my, my information. That's that's personal. I don't put my passwords up. You know, if someone sends me an email and says we're going to give you a million dollars, all you have to do is click here and give us your bank account numbers so that we can deposit the million dollars. I've seen that before, you know. I mean when the princes from Nairobi contacted me and told me he had five million dollars. I passed on that. I mean, yeah, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I passed on that one. That's for sure. Now I might have missed a lot of money there, but you know.
Speaker 5: Ay, but it's here's a new here's a new thing that I heard and I don't I don't know how two it is. But apparently unless you move, like when you put in a password into a device, like let's say you're unlocking your cell phone. Yeah, unless you unless you move the phone while you're putting in the code, AI can figure it out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, in that case, then they have all.
Speaker 1: My passwords right right?
Speaker 2: Well, but about it, Jim, what should I do about it? Tell me?
Speaker 5: Tell me you got you got to you got to move the phone when you're putting in your code or whatever whatever device, whatever device it is.
Speaker 2: So I should be walking with my phone, okay, you.
Speaker 5: Know, either that or twisted around as you're putting in as you're putting in the passwords.
Speaker 2: Okay, where did you? Where'd you? Where'd you find out? What's your what's your source on that?
Speaker 5: If I could ask where did I hear? Believe I was listening to w g N. There's a there's a tech guy that calls in uh on in the afternoons. Yea, and they well, they asked him, they asked him, this is AI can help people figure out? Is AI going to know our passwords? And he said it will if you don't move your device as you're putting it in.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'll try to find out as much as I can about that, Jim, I got to run. I'm pass my break. I'm gonna let you go. As always an interesting phone call, Thank you much, talk back on night side. Right after this one line at six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty one line at six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty, I'm starting to again say the subjects that are in play, and you can have other subjects, but the subjects of the day are are President Biden's farewell speech tonight and the incredible comeback by the government, by the State of Israel. They were flat on their back on October seventh, twenty twenty three, and they have come back with a vengeance. And I say congratulations to them, and congratulations to Benjamin Netanya who and I think he should be nominated Netanyao for the Nobel Peace Prize. We'll be back on night Side after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z to News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep going here, got to pick the pace up a little bit. Linda and Nayman. Hey Linda, thanks for calling in. How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 9: Pretty well, pretty well, Thank you. I'd like to give a shout out to Frankine and her dad, his dad, the gentleman who's going into the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Army Rangers. Yep, you bet you. That's a that's a very nice thing for you to do.
Speaker 9: As you know, I did the DA office there. I was a gopher. I had some disability that I couldn't go out the ladder and and I couldn't go away to learn the computer. And but I you know, people say, how did you know I was a veteran. I said, one, your hair is white and two year about the age of someone that might have gone into Vietnam. And if that's the case, I said, I want to say welcome home. And they say thank you, and they get choked up, and I said, that's the first time someone has said something like that to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that is. That was the experience, that's for sure. But I think the attitude Joseph military has changed, and I think it's going to change even more with the return of President Trump because he uh, he will. He'll be a big booster of the military. And I hope that he does not send the military off on adventures overseas, unnecessary adventures overseas in my opinion.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, hope your opinion holds. Still hold hold with it, and that that trumps over listens. Listen to your radio station a little bit.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 9: I wanted to just stay a quick overview of the speech. I think he did a decent job.
Speaker 2: That's fine, he did.
Speaker 9: I think it did a nice overview of what ACCOMPLISHIH was obviously, as you had mentioned, skipped a couple of things which I wouldn't have known. But and why would he praise the up and coming next Trump.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have to praise him, But I think he could have acknowledged him. There was he just refer to the incoming administration.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with acknowledging someone, that's all. I mean. He's going to have to acknowledge him on the twentieth. Why not acknowledge him tonight? I don't know it just it seems petty to me, that's all petty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, Well, thank you for that comment. All Right, you put me back to Rob because I had two ideas that could go for your show. I miss Friday Night.
Speaker 2: I'll put you on hold and Rob will talk to you. Thanks, Linda, appreciate the call. Don't hang up. Six one, seven, nine, ten thirty. Where we're gonna go next, gonna go to Gregory and Dorchester. Greg next time, night side. Welcome, Hi Dad, How are you? I'm doing fine? Mister Gregory? What's on your mind tonight?
Speaker 8: I have the same doual so sure I had. I was sick as it could be for a couple of weeks. Bad cough, I'll go cough and filim and everything else that it's thinking about you. We're going to try to call you. A couple of times I couldn't get through. The lights were busy after you coming back when you were thick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I pretty much spent most of my Christmas in New Year's holiday a dealing with this, and I had no idea what it was. I had no idea how I got it. But it was nasty and I'm well rid of it. And I hope you're on the road to recovery too, Greg.
Speaker 8: Thank god, I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was listening to the guy was talking about his Chinese and talk and all that, and the conversation was about the speech of Biden, which I listened to it, and I'd be honest with you, I thought he did a decent job.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I think he just said she said, she said a decent job. I didn't think there was any memorable lines in the speech. I think I think he would he would have been well served if he had referred to you know, President Trump or president like Trump as opposed to the incoming administration.
Speaker 8: But I think you mentioned Trump.
Speaker 6: Nope, I thought he didn't.
Speaker 2: No, No, he referred to it his he wished, which is the incoming extreme administration a success? Yeah, lovely, But yeah, you wouldn't have heard him to have said I wish the incoming administration of you know, president like Trump Trump to be successful, just as I've said.
Speaker 8: That, you know, much like you said, we're all Americans, and I mean when it comes down to there're sly one president and he's gone at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly it. You know, whether you voted for him or not, he's the president. And if he does a good job, that's good for the country. If he doesn't love the job, it's not good for the country.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think, I really think the president Trump this time would be better president because you come in from the private sector, of right, I did myself and I went into politics and stuff like that. It's a different it's like day and night, you know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he's got a second he's got a second chance. Here only Grover Cleveland had a second chance after as being having been defeated by the people in twenty by the election in twenty twenty. Yes, what did they say, Greg, This is you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Yeah, which is which is an interesting way well, he made a first impression and the people didn't like it, and they're giving him a second chance. I hope he takes advantage of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but people will knock him a couple of weeks. He'll be made. There'll be they'll find fault, you know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But again, like anything else, just like a football coach or a or a hockey player, you do your job. Do your job, as Bill Belichick said, and and people there's always gonna be people going gonna be naysayers. But if you can get fifty five percent of the people say you're doing a good job, then you're in good shape. Gregory, Happy New Year.
Speaker 8: Happy Yeah, I had you take this up field, dahn Withe. I got bad news by Letts who out to Los Angeles. He was born in Clark, Ark City, Kevin Kelly, and he went to medical school in car City, and then he did this in Township in Sanaton, Texas. And he was the associated president and Associated Professor of medicine in n l A. And he lost his house and he has two his wife is just expecting their two little kids. And it's so sad. But there's so many other people the same and for the same thing.
Speaker 2: You know, well, at least he's alive. He's I'm sure if he's a cork man, he'll come back.
Speaker 8: He's such a lovely young young man, big tall, five five two or something like that. And down there he says. The only problem I have. He sai that they have a hard time with my cock. Accidental, I said, Mike, carry accident? Is that any better for.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Tell him we send him our best, and yeah, prayer for.
Speaker 8: Everybody they boat over there. You know, they talk about the climate in Massachusetts, and I'm telling you doubt I'll take it any of.
Speaker 2: You know me too, Me too, I'll take a blizzard, a couple of blizzards a year, maybe I heard.
Speaker 6: Can I remember you?
Speaker 8: And Joasassa, I remember you?
Speaker 2: Oh sure. He was the head of the public works department. I gotta let you run because I got to get one month, one more hour.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 2: Catch you happy, new Y. Let me go to ann and San Antonio and I'll hold you over if necessary, but I want to get you in for at least a minute and a half. So here, go right ahead in Hida.
Speaker 4: Nice to hear you boys, got well. We pray for the people in California and a big shout out and thank you for their service to Frankie and his family.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that nice? I hope that Bernie's listening, and I hope that that friend's mom is listening. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you're right. I believe there will be quite an uptick in recruitment in the with the military now that they're not bogged down with or they'll be less bogged down with social issues.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: So can I say something about last night's alcohol and cancer situation?
Speaker 2: Sure? Well, let me do this. Let me hold you over, okay, because we only get thirty seconds left and I don't want to cram you in thirty seconds. So let me hold you over and we'll get you. We'll get you on the other side of the news. Just stay right there and you'll be first up on the other side. Okay, Okay, all right, thanks An, be right back, mat you hold on, You're going to be next, okay. And if you're not on the line six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three thirty. My name's Dan Ray. This is night Side, heading into our fourth and final hour. Back right after this