Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Friday night. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers three and zero to start this season. A star studded home opener yesterday as the Dodgers celebrated their twenty twenty four World Series championship. Tonight's the ring ceremony, the Dodgers players and coaches from last year's team getting some serious hardware.
Speaker 3: Tonight on the mound.
Speaker 2: One of those guys who up to win a World Series in twenty twenty four, Yoshi Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers. It's the Dodgers and Tigers, Game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Max Moncie. We got your Dodgers. Magical moment. You're p ice Pick's double play of the day. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we'll send it out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in the Gallpin Motors broadcast with Well. Yesterday, a festive atmosphere at Dodger Stadium as the Dodgers had their twenty twenty five home opener, their first game since winning the World Series last year. Ice Cube delivered the championship trophy. Dodgers' ownership put up the championship flag in the twenty twenty four World Series. Plaque was hung along the club level down the first base line, next to the other ones.
Speaker 3: Of course, once the game started.
Speaker 2: It was the debut of Blake Snell, the Two Times Saw Young Award winner when five innings allowed two runs on five hits while striking out two along the way. The Dodgers offense gave Snell the run support he needed. It started in the second with Tommy Edmund and the.
Speaker 4: World champion doger right a fly ball the left field, I'm deep, pulk up.
Speaker 5: Out a keep component a home line, come in.
Speaker 2: He's really show solo home run for Tommy Tanks and the Dodgers grabbed the one nothing lead and remained that way until the fourth When the Tigers got on the board, Blake Snell a wild pitch, Spencer Torkleson scored and the game was tied at one. In the fifth, Sneill gave up back to back singles Glaybor Torres Riley Green before they loaded the bases. Manuel mark Go sack fly gave the Tigers a two to one lead and the bottom of the fifth, though the Dodgers got after Trek schoogl Andy Pie has a one out single. Two batters later, Mookie Betts drew a two out walk. Next batter Tay Oscar and it is the Oscar oh.
Speaker 5: For two high ball setter. Two run back to the wall and it is on a home run the Oscar her name is a pre run.
Speaker 6: Home run over the wall and squared away center.
Speaker 5: And then the Dodgers, as we're.
Speaker 2: Taking the lead, Hey, three run home run for ta Oscar, his first of the year, Dodger standing and that's the top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier game for less. Dodgers up four to two, Blake's Nell with them five innings, turned it over to the bullpen Ben Casparius to shut out inning. Alex Vesi again up a solo home run of the seventh that made it a four to three Dodgers lead. In the bottom of the inning, show Hey o Tany got that running back with the second home run of the season, Dodgers a five to three lead. They go on and win it by his final of five to four. Edmund Teoscar Show Hey all win Deep Blake Snell gets the win. Dodgers improved a three and zero to start this season, and tonight they look to do it again. On ring night, Yoshi Yamamoto on the mountain with more. We head out to the Gallopit Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven.
Speaker 3: Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, All right, Tim, We're getting ready for another special evening here at Dodgers Stadium. This home opening series against the Tigers got off to a wonderful start, of course, with the win last night helping the Dodgers improved to three and ozero mo Before that, just the pregame ceremony, raising that flag in center field, unveiling the plaque in the stadium club in right field, and opening home opening ceremonies, and the Flyovers are batting one thousand every year. Those never get old. And then here to night the Dodgers get their rings.
Speaker 8: Yeah, tonight's a lot of bling. But last night it was a lot of celebration, and I think the fans got into it as well. It was like a continuation of the parade to celebrate the World championship last year. Is you know, it's one of those special things. The other part that I really like is at once the field was cleared, the defending world champions took care of business and it wasn't like, well, let's just rest back. It haven't been julip and we'll kind of rest on our laurels and we'll have it. That was not the case. And I think that was from day one the message that Dave Roberts had. Now Roberts delivered that message, but the message is already there. But the way the guys came in to spring training because they know exactly what lies ahead. They have seen other teams that win World Series and they come in as a World champion and you look at them and you understand. I looked at the Tigers dugout last night observing what the Dodgers are doing in celebration. That's an oncoming team with the young players over there with the Tigers, I would imagine that was motivation for them to understand what it's about to really accomplish something as a team.
Speaker 7: And at the end of the day too, mo I mean, look, look, it wasn't perfect. Blake Snow wasn't his sharpest. The bullpen certainly was not sharp. But that's Trek scooball, you could argue, is the best pitcher in baseball right now. You know, you can flip a coin him in Paul's schemes. But to beat him on a day like that when their team they're coming off hungry, and to your point, you know, kind of wanted to put a damper on the celebration. I thought that said a lot about this team and their mindset.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and to get two home runs off with school, the way that he could throw the baseball at the top of it was really kind of something. And if we look quite frankly you mentioned the pitching, how about this from the pitching standpoint, because last night the Tigers had all kinds of chances. They had fifteen different at bats with runners in scoring position, they did not have one hit. The Dodgers went to ball game five to four. They were only one for two with runners in scoring position. Here are the numbers on the pitching. We'll talk more about it during the ball game. Yeah, but in the three games, the two in Tokyo against the Cubs and last night as well, Dodgers for three and zero, they've held opposing teams two for twenty nine with runners in scoring positions. So they have really taken care of business when the game has really been on the line.
Speaker 7: Yep, no doubt about it. We're gonna talk about the great pitching matchup, the fun pitching matchup we have here at tonight.
Speaker 3: Tim we yap at you a little bit later.
Speaker 7: Yoshidobiyam Moto his second start of the season, first one at home, and he's facing a world champ, an old friend Jack Flaired.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we call you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get that game day meal on his Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You'll hear from Max Munsey. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, got your prize picks double play of the Day. But up next you're Tani Rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. So we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday night Dodgers Tigers Ring Night at the Ravine. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kais's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: He's the Dodgers and Tigers, Yoshi yellam on Jack Flaherty The pitching Man Schoff. Opening weekend at Dodgers Damian brought to you by the Hollywood Pantagious Theater. Their new season is a home run getting a seven show package at Broadwayanollywood dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 7: Free why win now whipping a little bit strong, basically out toward right field. There's a jet stream there for show if he wants it.
Speaker 5: On three to two, he swings and.
Speaker 7: Goes to the opposite field, left field, drifting back toward the wall.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 7: We were talking right field, left field and.
Speaker 5: Out of here.
Speaker 3: Several rows up the bleachers.
Speaker 5: In left.
Speaker 7: Show hey old Tani with a solo home run, his second of the season. Of course he did in this home opener.
Speaker 2: Showy Otani going opposite away to left field yesterday and the seventh INNY and a key insurance run for the Dodgers to give him a five to three lead.
Speaker 3: They go on to win a five to four.
Speaker 2: Otani last night goes two for four a home run in RBI, hitting four to seventeen in the first three games with two home runs already on the season.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Karson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with a K. Donate your car today.
Speaker 2: While you can donate your car, the players are gonna get some nice bling bling Tonight is the ring ceremony for the twenty twenty four World Series champions is happening.
Speaker 9: Tim, These guys are so excited for this ring. I mean everyone assumed that it was going to be Day one, but of course we've talked about they've broken up the opening weekend, so yesterday was the ceremony for opening day. Today is the ring ceremony. And from what I'm hearing, so not everyone has seen the ring, and a lot of guys have been very adamant they don't want to see the ring. They just want that surprise moment when they open up the box. The ones who have seen the ring, it is ling, bling bling. A lot of diamonds, is what I'm hearing. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of sapphires. Everyone loves diamonds. These boys really really love some diamonds, so I think it's going to be a special one. Everyone's been talking about what is the inscription going to be on the ring? There are obviously some little keywords and slogans from last year, whether it was something that Keika Mayhem said in a walk off interview or whether it was not like us obviously, you know that's been a theme for the team. I'm so interested to see just kind of how they're going to commemorate what this ring is, because it's true, is just that it's a it's representation of the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 10: So everyone's really excited.
Speaker 9: We're hearing that maybe it's gonna open up may well, I don't know, we shall see, but guys are really excited and they're really excited that they get to just kind of have this moment to share it with each other, to close the chapter on twenty twenty four, to commemorate it with this beautiful ring. And then Dave what I love. What he said was for the guys who are with the organization who weren't a part of that twenty twenty four run, for them, it's a preview of what could be.
Speaker 10: So I think it's going to be a special day.
Speaker 2: Hey, keyth ca Hernandez is feeling good enough to be there and get his ring.
Speaker 9: He's gonna be here to get his ring. Yes, So Dave Roberts said, they'll see how he's feeling. Obviously not in the lineup, they'll see if he's available off the bench. But he just was very adamant that he did not want to miss the ring ceremony, and I think that is completely understandable.
Speaker 10: So for him to be a part of it.
Speaker 9: Obviously, there are guys who are not with the organization anymore, so they'll have different ring ceremonies as the year goes on. Someone like Gavin Lux with the Reds. I'm sure he'll receive it when the Reds come in town. Jack Flaherty's actually on the Mounta tonight for the Detroit Tigers. He's gonna have his ceremony tomorrow, just because obviously with him pitching today, it would be a little bit tricky to get him his ring, maybe in the bullpen, but so it'll be really nice for him to be able to just kind of bask in that moment for himself and celebrate the this is us he had with this organization last year.
Speaker 2: It's an exciting night with the ring ceremony about to happen.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll check with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Still they come here, I'll Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatago's one on one with Max Munty, What up next? Your injury report? And we'll hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Tigers Ring Night for the World Champions First pitch seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm sim Kates is the World Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maroango Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night Ring Night, as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Tigers Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 3: Yoshi Yamamoto and Jack Flairy. The pitching match up first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner. The Los Angeles Dodgers eleven pitcher starting the season on the IL for the Dodgers, Tony Gonsolin, Bruce Dark, Guy Rol, Michael Grove, At, Guardo Heriquez, Kyle Hurt, Clayton Kershaw, Michael Kopek, Evan Phillips, Sir River, Ryan she and Gavin Stone. Tony Gonsolin, though, did throw today to a simulated game off the mound, so he is training in the right direction. He's on the IL with the sort lower back. Nothing what to do with his arm injury. Kicker Hernandez feeling better as Kirsten alluded to with his stomach sickness. All right, let's have back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe du Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts very special?
Speaker 11: I guess, you know, all the things that we've endured over, you know, since we you know, won the World Series. This is the final piece. You know, there's going to be some giving of rings to you know, for example Jack Flaherty tomorrow who's throwing tonight, and some other guys that were part of last year's club. But just to kind of have the fans here to kind of enjoy this with us, the players to kind of close the book on twenty twenty four and still stay focused on a baseball game tonight. But there's just a lot of excitement, probably more than I can ever recall with the Dodger fan base and our players feel it.
Speaker 10: You've seen the ring and if no, what are you expecting?
Speaker 5: Just the ring?
Speaker 11: W I think it to look like any folks, Things like that I haven't seen the ring. I know that you can sort of open open it up maybe and there might be a picture of Dodgers.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 11: So they're going to do it right. I do know that it's a symbol for me. I don't wear rings, you know, but it's something that I can't wait to see, wait to receive, and I know that it's going to be done really well.
Speaker 8: Your level anxiousness to get this.
Speaker 11: On it over, you know what, Jim not not a whole lot. I think that I'm kind of in a place where I'm embracing enjoying moments and feeling that they they're not mutually exclusive as far as you can enjoy a moment and it's not going to bleed into the game itself. Right, You can enjoy last year and still not say that this year is not important. So it's something that it's hard to win a championship. And so this is kind of part the tradition. It's something that we all enjoy and I'm slow is good for me today, This is okay, all right.
Speaker 3: There's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Tonight is ring Knight is they are getting ready to pass them out just in between Home Plate and the mount at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Moroco.
Speaker 2: Casino Dodgers on Tech, we will check out with David VA. Say to lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Tigers. I'm Tim Kase's world champion in Los Angeles, Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Tigers Ring Knights at Dodger Stadium. Yoshi, I'm a moto Jack flirty the pitching matchup game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming.
Speaker 12: Up a.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Base.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: The boxes are on the field. Very exciting night for the players and coaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And right now we have an incredible rendition of we Are the Champions, performed by Keith Williams Junior, who the Dodgers bring out for the big games in.
Speaker 4: The National Anthem, and tonight they have Keith Williams and his choir at the top of the left field pavilion performing we Are the Champions.
Speaker 5: They just concluded it.
Speaker 4: They have a stage about well in between the pitchers mound and home plate. That's where the players will be presented their championship rings. So a spectacular night underway. Yesterday was really good, but I feel like tonight is going to top it.
Speaker 3: Dat is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march can only be called F one fifty. Injury update dv Evan Phillips, Tony Gonsolan two guys on the mend here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were out here earlier today pitching in the same simulated game, and they're on different timetables here. Tony Gonsolyn, a starting pitcher that injured his back in the weight room during spring training, is going to take a little bit longer, and he would have been the fifth starter for the Dodgers if not for that injury. Unfortunately he's in this situation.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was in a really good spot. I felt like my body was feeling great, the throw felt really good, it felt really clean executing pitches, and then to have something like that, not baseball related, it really sucked. Honestly, I don't really have any other words for it, but again it's a minor setback, and try to take this time to build back up and get into an even better position.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: That was Tony Gonsolin and Evan Phillips, who is a little bit closer. Remember he was not part of the Dodgers World Series roster last year with a rotator cuff muscle torn. Well, he had an MRI in December and it looks a lot better. And he was out here throwing a simulated game as well, and told me what the next steps were.
Speaker 14: With these things at all, just one at a time. I think, as I go through that progression, you know, one knock out a couple, start working on back to backs, start working on two out of three's, and you know one plus things like that, And as I crossed those thresholds, and we'll have a better idea of when I'll return it.
Speaker 4: Evan told me it was tough for him last year tim to a not be able to go out for a second inning when Dave Roberts asked him in Game six of the NLCS, but even harder to sit out the World Series. But if he would have pushed it, this injury would have compromised his twenty twenty five season. And as we're looking out to the field right now, one of the Hollywood stars, Anthony Anderson, who was kind of the mantra of they not like Us pregame hype videos during the postseason last year, is the MC of tonight's ring ceremony, and he will be the one hyping up the crowd and presenting the players with their rings.
Speaker 3: All right, Taya David.
Speaker 2: Time now for the Dodger Derby brought to by Santa Anita Park. We select a race in Santa Anita to pick the horse we think it's gonna win, and we'll see who is correct at the end of the season. We're looking at the first race tomorrow at Santa Anita. It is an eight horse race. It is gonna be a good one one in an eighth mile.
Speaker 3: Dave, who do you like?
Speaker 4: I'm going with the number four horse, Unrivaled Hero, ridden by Hector Isaac Barrios.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go with mystical reel, mythical reel, the six horse. Good luck to you, DVV Dodger fansis Santa Anita Derby Day at Santaita Park on Saturday, April fifth, Get on the track for the Derby Day five K Craft Beer Festival, Spring Carnival and a full day of racing feature in the Santa Anita Derby with millions in payouts every race day. Visits Santa Anita dot com Slash Events. Four tickets coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll here from Max Bunzi. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. I'm next for Dodgers Magical Moment, Dodgers and Tigers Ring Night at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Tigers Ring Night at Dodgers Stadium. Yoshi Iamamoto and Jack Flaherty. The pitching match up. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: Dog without a Hot Dog? Who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to March twenty eighth, twenty nineteen, Dodgers taking on the Arizona Diamondbacks on Opening Day at night in which they had home run derby setting a franchise record for a home runs in a game.
Speaker 6: How the two two Fernandez and he drills that one the center field.
Speaker 5: Well hit and uh go on.
Speaker 6: The eighth home run of the day. Wow, third home run of the inning. They hit three in the four Dodgers with an even dozen.
Speaker 2: Key k hern Nandaz with the home run of the seventh innam The Dodgers win a twelve to five and they set a franchise record with eight home runs against the d Becks' Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs. Offey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offfee hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will hear from Rick Monday and we'll get you the Prize Picks double play of the Day. It leads up to Dodgers and Tigers on this Friday night. I'm Tim kas Is the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: This is Loronzo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Tigers Spring Knights, says.
Speaker 2: The players and coaches get their rings right now at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: Oshimato on the mount first pitch, coming up at.
Speaker 2: Seven ten, got him with the two for one hard shot to third, droves the second on the first double.
Speaker 1: What double to teams? This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 3: You play Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: If you're not doing it, join us right now in the ten million members playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Pick.
Speaker 3: It's so easy.
Speaker 2: Download the free app at Prize Picks and use the code go blue, Go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code go blue. When you download the free Prize Picks app. It's more or less on at least two players for a shot to win one thousand times your cash, whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks with the code go blue. All right, here are two picks for you. Show Heyo Tani more or less a half a hit runner RBI. Come on, it's sho Heyo Tani more, Yoshi Yama, Yoa Yamamoto more or less six strikeouts. I'm going more than six strikeouts for Yoshiyama, motos Oh Tani more or less half a hit runner Rbi more, Yamamodo more six strikeouts again. Sign up and play daily Fantasy sports and prize picks. Use the code Go Blue Price Picks, Run your Game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers Broadcast Derek and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Hey, Rick, It's day two of Dodgers Stadium twenty twenty five. But we got more festivities coming up.
Speaker 8: The rings ceremony, Yeah, back to back crescendos. As far as this is a Hollywood type type deal, last night, I know which. I thought the opening ceremonies were terrific in all kinds of aspects. The video could begin with the introduction of the players. I thought was a terrific And by the way, kudos to the Detroit Tigers. I know they made the announcement to them, but they were very congenial in coming out and being part of festivities. They went back into the dugout. I know that's not easy from a players standpoint, especially it was their home opener or opening day as well, and you know, thank you to them because they went along with this thing. I also was watching in the Tigers dugout during the celebration. They got a very good ball club over there, young players we talked about, and I think from an organizational standpoint, it may have been really a blessing for them to sit here and watch the celebration last night and again tonight. With those young players they have in the Tigers locker room and in the dugout, that's incentive to say, hey, look, this is what it's about World Championship. This is why the hard work really pays off if you're able to accomplish a lot of things at this level.
Speaker 4: Brick Monday, where's his hard earned nineteen eighty one World Championship ring?
Speaker 5: Every day?
Speaker 4: These rings are a little too big for that you might need two hands to carry it. But do you remember how you received your ring? Was it as ceremonial as today will be?
Speaker 8: That we represented of the rings on the third baseline, But and the first thing happened.
Speaker 5: You open up and look at it.
Speaker 8: Because these guys had not seen it, they may have heard little leaks here and there as to what may be encompassing overall. But you watch tonight, they're going to be as soon as they receive them, they're gonna open up and look at it and see, Yes, the rings are bigger. There's show pieces now they're like small bracelets.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wear this one and have worn it every day because to me, it symbolizes the backyard as a seven year old dreaming about playing this game of baseball and watching the major leagues when the Dodgers moved down to La, watching them in the coliseum and wondering what it is and what it would take to play this game on this magical green carpet and watching it and observing it from afar and just wondering, my goodness, what is it like to be down there. So every day that I put this, I have it on the ring all the time. It reminds me of twenty four other teammates, finds me of a coaching staff and a manager, the front office and the fans, and really a dream that came true for me.
Speaker 5: Even sweeter beating the Yankees in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that too, especially after losing in seventy seven and seventy eight, then have a chance the stage again has said in nineteen eighty one, it represents a lot of things. And I think being really privileged enough to have as a professional Major League player for so many years, and being around this great game of baseball too, you know my passion for this game and what really it takes in order to play it at the level we see it played here in LA each and every year. It symbolizes a lot. And I smile when I see these guys last night with the tribute to the World Championship, and again tonight when they get the rings. It makes me smile because I know all the work that it took for them to get here, because I know how we all had to work in order for us to get here as well.
Speaker 4: And these twenty twenty four Dodgers joined select group, including your eighty one Dodgers, as the only four teams in Dodger history to beat the Yankees in the World Series.
Speaker 5: It's a pretty elite club.
Speaker 8: And when you get a World Championship ring and you're able to wind up at the pinnacle of this Major League Baseball season, it's an exclusive club. Because there's been a lot of great players that have never even played in the World Series. Much less be than being able to say World.
Speaker 4: Champion nineteen fifty five, nineteen sixty three, twenty twenty four and Rick Monday's eighty one Dodges.
Speaker 8: That without looking down the right field line.
Speaker 5: I felt the pain. Rick, I know what it's all about.
Speaker 8: It was nice to see twenty twenty four unveil just in front and below the stadium club last night here at Dodgers Stadium. It will forever be.
Speaker 4: There, Yes it will, Rick, Thanks a lot, and we'll check back in with you after the ring ceremony.
Speaker 5: Sounds good, David, Thanks Tim Gates. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks loud DV.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to w you a tuition, books and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes go fill up quickly on roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitch matchup.
Speaker 2: David Vase will go high end tights with maximiz Seas when we come back. It's a ring Knight Dodgers Tigers first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This this Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Baseball, Dodgers and Tigers.
Speaker 2: A ring night at Dodgers Aium, Yoshi Yamamoto, Jack Fleerny. The pitching matchup Dodger fans. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Getting ready to enjoy this game? You need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can enjoy. How about Zench Handcrafted Sushi. Zen She is made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and tradition that you can taste find Zench Handcrafted Sushi here the DEALI counter at all the routs. Zench Handcrafted Sushi. It's always fresh.
Speaker 1: And easy and now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 4: It's another festive day at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers coming off of victory and their home opener and back from Tokyo still got more celebration today as they will receive their championship rings. It will be the second ring that our guest Max Munsey will get as a Dodger. Munsey, thanks a lot for the time and congratulations, I guess on officially being a two time World Series Champion?
Speaker 5: I guess what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I guess, well, does the ring solidify that you are officially now a two time champion?
Speaker 5: Or did that happen with the final out in New York?
Speaker 15: Nothing that happened with the final out in New York. It was the ring is obviously something that's special and I can't wait to see it and get it and hold it. But yeah, that was that was solidified last year, especially when we have to have the parade for the you know, really the first time for us.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the ring? Have you got any sneak peek?
Speaker 15: I've seen a couple of pictures, but I haven't seen it in person, so, you know, pictures it can only do so much when you see I think in person it's gonna be pretty exciting.
Speaker 4: Has Maximuncie ever wore his twenty twenty Championship ring?
Speaker 15: No, it's it's it's sitting at home in a case right next to the rep pict trophy that I got.
Speaker 5: That's where where this one's gonna go.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 15: To me, those things aren't for wearing. Those are for you know, cherishing and uh, you know they they mean too much to me as a player of all the you know, the sweat and the grind and everything that we went through to achieve it that to me, it's something that shouldn't be worn.
Speaker 4: If they were a little smaller and maybe a little less goudie.
Speaker 5: Would you wear it again?
Speaker 15: No, just because of this the symbolism of what the ring means to me, it's not something that should be taken lightly. There's a lot of people that have played this game for a very long time and they've never gotten to get a ring. And you know, for me, it just it just means so much that I don't want there being any chance of tarnishing it at all, And so for me, it's not meant to be worn.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this a few times. Since you came up with the Dodgers in twenty eighteen. You have the unique perspective of understanding how fragile this career is. Do you feel like you have that type of appreciation because of where you've.
Speaker 5: Been and where you're at now.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, you know, for for a lot of these guys that have come up in this organization, they don't know anything but winning. And you know, I was somewhere where we were borderline the worst team in baseball for a couple of years, and uh, it's it's it's not fun, it's not easy to go through.
Speaker 5: It's tough.
Speaker 15: You know, what we've created here in terms of the culture in the clubhouse is not something that is everywhere. You know, it's it's unique to what we've got going on, and it's truly special and it's an honor and a blessing to be a part of it. And for me, it's it's even bigger honor and blessing to have helped created it. And you know, I just I know what else is out there, and I know how much I appreciate what's what's here.
Speaker 4: I guess you're very thankful you did not take that offer in Korea back in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 5: It would have been a different story.
Speaker 15: But yeah, you know, I'm I've I will never take for granted the days that I've had in this organization, at this stadium.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey is our guest.
Speaker 4: We are on the verge of sharing the ring celebration with you as the Dodgers will receive their championship rings and you're actually facing a guy that helped you get that ring. And Jack Flaherty, how much did he mean to you guys last year?
Speaker 3: He's huge for us.
Speaker 15: You know, it's hard to it's hard to put in the words how much he meant. You know, he we got him at the trade deadline. He immediately started throwing some very big important innings for us, and uh, you know, talking about a guy that pitched Game one for us, and that that's that's what we thought of him, that we wanted to run him out their Game one And you know, at that time, just with all the stuff that we had gone through, we didn't have too many guys we could rely upon, and he was one of the few guys we could And I think that's that says a lot to him that we were able to rely upon him, and we definitely wouldn't have been there without him. And so it's it's, uh, it's cool that he's pitching on that night, but you know, you also kind of wish he could be getting the ring with the rest of us, but I know we're doing something for him on the next day, so he's still going to have an opportunity to have his moment, and you know, I hope Dodger fans definitely make it extremely special for him.
Speaker 4: Hey, unsung hero Max Munsey, the Dodgers don't win without you. You've been such a big part of this organization since twenty eighteen, and you just keep getting better over there at the hot corner months. See, I love watching you play defense.
Speaker 15: It has a lot of work that I still have so much to learn at third base, and you know, it's still a relatively due position to me. I know, I've been playing it for a couple of years, but it's not something that I played a ton of and you know, so there's for me. It's still just learning a whole bunch of how to prepare and how to approach ground balls over there. And you know, the more I'm understanding it, the better I'm getting. And you know, to me, that's the biggest thing is just understanding. You know, a couple of years ago, I had a lot of issues because I was putting myself in bad spots to feel ground balls, just you know, understanding how ground balls are hit at third base.
Speaker 5: And so for me.
Speaker 15: Each year longlearning and learning where I need to put my you know, my feet and my body in better positions to get good hops on those ground balls, it's been huge for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's working, Monsey. I'm not just blowing you know what over here in the corner locker. Max Mounsey has definitely improved at third base and sure handed and obviously a big part of the lineup and what it does. Thanks a lot for the time. And man, can't wait to hold your ring Monsey after the game.
Speaker 5: You ain't touching mine. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 15: You can hold someone else, but you ain't touching mine.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, there we go, Max Monsey gonna be a hogging that ring in the monthly household for a while.
Speaker 5: Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night. That's Shaky's Dot com We'll lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Tigers Ring Night at Dodgers Stadium, as the players getting their ring just in front of the pitcher's mound. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Tigers Ring nighted Dodgers Stadium. As key Ky Hernandez is introduced and getting his ring on top of the podium just in front of the pitcher's mound. Dodger ownership individually handing into each player and coach their World Series Championship ring.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the.
Speaker 2: Pitching matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota dealer. Work hard and play hard your new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. Your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Jack Flaherty on the mound, twenty nine year old right hander going for the Detroit Tigers yes ninth season at a Harvard West Lake High School. Last season, was the Dodger the last two months after being picked up from the Tie, and he was pivotal in the Dodgers' pitching staff in the playoffs when guys were hurt. Jack Feleriti gave him some innings five starts in October during that playoff run, including starts in Game one and Game five of the World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets to start for the Dodgers, already one tozer with a one point eight to zero e erra. The twenty six year old right hander in his second season now with the Dodgers. He made his start over in Tokyo against the Cubs, five innings, one run, three hit, four strikeouts in the win. As rookie last year, Yamamoto went seven and two at the three eerra in eighteen starts during the regular season, and then got better in October, going two to zero and four playoffs starts, including five scoreless innings in the deciding Game five of the NLDS against the Padres, and then a one run six and a third inning performance in Game two of the World Series against the Yankees. So it's Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Jack Feleriti on Ring Night shoey Otani getting his World Series ring, Freddie Freeman getting his World Series ring. The Todger players out on the infield individually getting that new piece of hardware after a World Series win a year ago. Dodgers Tigers Game two of this three game set is coming up. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kasey's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Tigers Ring Knighted Dodgers Stadium. The ceremony is over and there's a lot of hardware that has been given out to the players and coaches.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house.
Speaker 3: Somebody better protect the house with.
Speaker 2: All that diamond and jewelry they just got with those brand new championship rings. The same applies to your home always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing property line. If space allows, extend to one hundred feet from your home. Ensure all can bust items like firewood are located thirty feet from your home. Remove vegetation or brief from your roof, vents, and windows, decks, and gutters. For more information about this tip and to find out others, visit fire dot CAA DoD gov. Let's head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 7: TC approaching first pitch at Dodgers Stadium and Rick Monday. We talked about the bling that the Dodgers will receive ahead of tonight's game, But two prominent players in tonight's game aren't going to be receiving their rings because they're going to be busy getting ready to start a ballgame. Yoshinoba Yama Moto for the Dodgers and Jack Flaherty back with Detroit starting in his hometown again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm a Moto will get his immediately after the ballgame. For Flarity, it is scheduled to get it tomorrow. Yep and that is nice. And I think anytime you're part of something special, it is a special deal, no question about it. But the young guy, the local product for flarity, the pride of the Sherman Oaks Little League is on the mound that I just have to figure some things out. And I think too, if you look the starting pitching, the game has changed if its is on bullpens now been especially in the first part of the season. Through three games, starting pitchers have worked just thirteen innings combined. Their relief door has worked fourteen, so they've been busy out of the bullpen, and both have really complimented the other.
Speaker 7: Now for the Dodgers, you know, it's interesting, Mo, what they're trying to do today is moved to four and oh and that's something no Dodger team has done since nineteen eighty one, which you may or may not recall.
Speaker 8: At this point, I've got brain fadit I remember.
Speaker 7: But the fact that they've started three and oh mo with out, I mean, Mookie Bets and Freddy Freeman have been non factors at this point in the season. They didn't play in Tokyo, and of course Moki's still getting his body right and Freddy was oh for last night. I think that says a lot about where this team is depth wise as an organization.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 8: And you also consider the factor is what thirteen guys on this starting staff as far as the twenty six man roster that were on the opening day roster a season agoes. There are some new faces and new influx, a couple of positions here and there. I think overall this is you have to have the awareness, I think, to approach as they did in spring training, to take care of business because the understand the road could be even more difficult this year because everybody wants a part of it.
Speaker 5: No question.
Speaker 7: If you thought last year was that way, this year is to the end degree a one quick thing. Tim as we get it back to you looking at the starting line for the Dodgers. No, Will Smith, it's his thirtieth birthday Friday night, and mol you were saying, typically it's the day after.
Speaker 3: Your birthday that you get ye breather.
Speaker 8: That's what I was accustomed to, is the day after that was rugged, maybe not playing.
Speaker 3: But either way, happy birthday Will.
Speaker 7: Hopefully it's a happy one with a fourth Dodger win to start the year. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, and Jack Flaherty coming up soon.
Speaker 2: All right, first, Bitch, will we come back? Dodgers and Tigers. David Vessy's got you covered. Afterwards, all the postgame festivities. First, I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Donchers Audio Network