Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Gods I View Podcast. I am your host, Trevor. How are you guys doing? Right off the bat, I have to say thank you all so much for all the emails. I really appreciate it. It's actually one of the first things I do when I wake up on like a workday, because I know I have Outlook messages that I need to reply to. I've got some stupid Zoom call scheduled, but I'm like, there is a place I can go and hear interesting and complimentary things, and that is my God's I view book at gmail dot com, gmail inbox. Sometimes there's hate mail in there, which we've shared on the show very rarely, only once. Most of the time, there's great stuff. There's rants, there's commiserating rants, people echoing my own on the show. I love those. There's just raw, unadult rated compliments. Those make me a little uncomfortable, but deep down I really appreciate them. So anyway, thanks everybody, and again, God's I have view book at gmail dot com. Today's episode is gonna be kind of weird. I'm hesitant to even do it because I was kind of trying to take the show in a more serious direction just kind of focus on what we're good at, our bread and butter, or sort of philosophical musings about science and religion. But every once in a while I think it's nice to just mix it up. And so I got coffee this morning, and someone who works there's been pressing me on what my favorite band is. But this is a tough question for me because I don't really I don't want to say I don't like music. I like music. I just don't know that I have, Like I don't have a favorite band. I don't listen to a lot of music because I mostly listened to podcasts and books and stuff. I feel like you guys will understand what I'm saying. If you're here listening to this, you probably aren't listening to tons of music. But anyway, so I'm always like hesitant to answer that question. I remember my dad when I was like, what six or seven? Oh? No, I just said I did six seven. My son would be laughing hysterically if you heard me say six to seven. Somewhere around May. Maybe I was a little bit older, I don't know. He had given me a bunch of CDs because I lived in Michigan. He lived in California, so I'd fly out there once a year. He's like, here's some music, a very a very you know, long distance father thing to do. But anyway, we don't need to get into that story. And it was good music, you know, in hindsight, looking back, I think it was like one of a I think Red Hot Chili, Pep, Sublime, And then there are other bands that maybe aren't still really listened too much, like Three Doors Down, you know, stuff like that, No Nickelback, thank goodness. But anyway, so of course, you know, I admired anything related to my father, especially at that age, so I listened to it like just at nauseum, you know. And I remember showing up at elementary school on the bus and I was, you know, everyone had like I was. I was after the Walkman generation, but it was still compact disc you know, CD players, and someone like asked me what I was listening to, and I showed them and I got made fun of, like left the mark obviously, because this is now the second time today I'm talking about this, and and I don't even remember what was cool back then. I mean, I know is very much like the Britney Spears and Sync Backstreet Boys era. But also we lived in the same town at that Eminem lived in like before he got famed. Were kind of like as he was becoming famous. So not not eight Mile, you know, it was more like sixteen Mile and and you know, grossbeck Er, I forget the names of the streets, but we were a few miles away. Same area code though, seriously, same area code. I remember watching his movie eight Mile and he said his phone number or he was making fun of somebody's phone number, like you're back in the eight one oh now, And I was like, oh, that's my area code growing up, you know, So I thought that was cool. Anyway, I remember everybody had the lyrics. There's this one kid for sure, I remember had memorized the entire Real Slim Shady song. So I also know that was super popular and I liked that too, you know. But from that moment, I don't know, I just must have caught me a vulnerable moment, you know, as a young kid, and I was like, ooh, sharing your music interests is like makes you very vulnerable, you know, So I've been uncomfortable with that. But anyway, we were having this conversation this morning and somebody mentioned that their favorite band was a Smashing Pumpkins, and I was like, oh, you've surely you know about the Billy Corgan shape shifter you know interview, And he did, but a lot of people don't. So that kind of prompted me. I had this plan to get into this new biological double slit experiment they're trying to do right now, which is so cool, but it's very in depth and heavy, and I don't even fully understand it yet. So I said, let's not do that. Let's not educate and enlighten in the audience. Let's have some fun. So that's what we're gonna do. So I have a series of clips of celebrity strange encounters, and so I guess we could just get right into it. So this was on Howard Stern and if you've got kids in the car, you know, prepare yourself. Did I get rid of it? Am I an idiot? Did I get rid of the Billy Corgan interview? I must have? Oh no, it's right here, Okay. I remember listening to this and I was like, oh, this is kind of creepy. You know, I had no religious framework at all. It is kind of striking to me. How similar this experience kind of is to angelic encounters, although not really. Because I believe that Billy Corgan was having sex with this woman, would she shaped shifted? That seems to be the implication as you'll see. So yeah, if you've got kids in the car, definitely skip this. But I don't know, listen to him. He seems sincere. I tend to find people with these stories seem sincere. There are people I have suspicions about. We've played. Uh, who's the UFO Got of God guy Chris Bloodsoe, I'm uncertain about him, you know, I mean, I'm uncertain about everybody, But I don't know. He's Billy seems sincere. So let's let's listen. Let's see what we think what happened.
Speaker 2: Give me a, give me a, give me it.
Speaker 1: For instance, I sorry, quick, quick, one more interruption. These are two separate interviews mashed together. There will be like a little noise to indicate, and they're several years apart.
Speaker 2: So just to clarify, I want to no, no, don't be embarrassed, Come on share. Why not we have to discuss.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just say I was with somebody once and I saw I saw a transformation that I can't explain.
Speaker 2: The person transformed into something other than human. Yes, I saw it. Were you on drug? I was not. It was totally sober. Wow, you were talking to I'm just gonna I'm asking you some questions if you would talk. You were talking to someone, you having a conversation that we are now this close, and the person suddenly not in an hallucination, they said to you, look, something's gonna happen here. I'm gonna show I'm gonna morph into something else. And you're like, this is ridiculous, that's not how it happened. Give me, give me, give me, give me a please. I want to see this.
Speaker 3: Imagine you're doing something and suddenly you turn around and there's somebody else standing.
Speaker 2: There, a different human sorta.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain without going to details.
Speaker 2: Rather, but did you say to the person, what did you just do here? Yes?
Speaker 3: And they acknowledged it?
Speaker 2: And what did they say? They were from another planet.
Speaker 3: And they wouldn't explain why not again without telling us it's a really messed up story.
Speaker 2: A famous person no good.
Speaker 4: Why by the way, why is that good?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you put him on wrestler?
Speaker 3: Even or out there actually a voting member of the Rock and Roll Academy.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 2: But when you say they transformed into someone else or something, I've had that. I was with a woman she took her makeup off. I didn't know what it was. I'm telling you, she totally tricked me. You talk about something like that, that's a different story.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean it's up there with one of the most intense things I've ever been through.
Speaker 1: All Right, So they're going to go into like a year's later followed. But just I want to pause and reflect on this a little bit. How do you feel like you would react to an experience like this? I mean, I I don't know. I'm I'm like, I'm I'm divided, you know, I am. I am a divided on this issue. I on the one hand, I think I would totally lose my composure and I might actually not be able to participate in society. Like if I'm hanging out with somebody, I turn around look back at them and they're not a human being and they're like, oh, sorry, my bad. Let me change back real quick. You know, I don't know, could I get up and get on my zoom call at nine am for my weekly update.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, my instinct is no, of course, not like this would be revelatory, this would be earth shattering, this would change everything about my existence. But then on the other hand, there is just the There is just the reality, the mundane reality of like needing to get through the day. And I think I probably would. I think I'd probably be just like Billy, like, yeah, it's pretty weird, man, I don't know, strange experience. Now, it's funny. He says, it's up there with the strangest thing that's ever happened to him. So that's impressive. You know what else is this impressive or more impressive?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's pretty bizarre. I mean, here's my issue. I've never had anything happen to me anything, nothing even approaching interesting. I mean, my I call my uncle. He's We're not related. He's my dad's best friend from high school. He owns a big ranch in the kind of on the border of California and Nevada, pretty close to Area fifty one. Actually, it's a cool ranch that has natural hot springs. Middle of nowhere. You can basically only fly. I mean you can drive, but most of the people who stay there fly their own plane and land on his long gravel driveway, and and you stay in a room and it's got a natural hot spring. It's pretty cool. It's it's interesting lifestyle that he leads. Anyway, he's constantly recording orbs and there's all these things he's seen. He's seen like a giant gold tic Tac And he told me that before the tic Tac story off the coast of San Diego. Man, we're turning into like a UFO show. This is These are things I never bring up because I think they're discrediting, But I mean, the information is out there. I'm not really sharing my opinion. I'm just sharing the fact that this stuff exists.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: You know, you probably know the Nimetz story. You can google it if you want, where a bunch of F eighteen pilots and carrier strike group interacted with a mysterious object of some kind that flew at speeds that are not consistent with any known technology, and it interacted with something under the water. A lot of folks have commented that, you know, like Eric not Eric Weinstein, who's the other guy Brett Weinstein, Weinstein, but whatever, I forget that they think it wasn't physical, that it was like holographic. But the fighter pilot, you know, he was able to lock onto it with his imaging camera, his targeting system, so that to him means that it was physically real, and it anticipated his rally points, like the secret points where they were gonna fly next. It would appear there before he did. Anyway, it's an interesting story. But before I even heard that, my uncle had told me about this tic TAC, which is how that craft was described in San Diego as well. So anyway, he's seen all sorts of stuff. I've been up there a few times. I've never seen anything. I just never see anything. I mean nothing, you know. I as a kid, I used to feel scared alone at night, like in my room sometimes, like if I woke up, I'd had this fear I was really afraid of like little gray aliens. I had this fear that like if I rolled over, there'd be one standing there, you know, looking at me. So I guess, I guess on the hindsight, that's kind of weird. But this was just this was just a fear I had. It was an actual experience. So yeah, I think that's my issue. I mean, I haven't experience. It's true about religious you know about I've been communicating with a lot of you via email, and you know, people have been saying, having like a personal experience with Jesus or God it changes everything for these people. And it's like, of course, I totally agree, Like no wonder, you know. I wrestle with all these different feelings and doubts, and that's why I'm always like intellectually searching for answers. And yeah, I mean it may not be an intellectual exercise, you know, but unfortunately I don't. I don't have anything else, you know, I don't have any other experience. So therefore I struggle with this. I struggle to believe that Billy Corgan really turned around and this person wasn't a person anymore. But let's keep listening.
Speaker 3: I will tell you the story, will yeah, And I will say go ahead since we're on radio. Thank you that the story is even more fantastical than you think.
Speaker 2: Wow, can you give can you give us something? I tell you it, Billy, just give me something, please, I want to make news again with you. Just give me some element of it. To take me to get me ready if you were to if this was a movie trailer when you saw the shape shifter something.
Speaker 5: The person was naked, a man. The person was naked, big conck how many inches? I hope it was a woman? Wait a second? Were you in bed with the shape shifter? Were you making love?
Speaker 3: How are you in confidence?
Speaker 2: Holy mackerel, Now I'm with you. It was a woman you were you made love to her? We all experienced these did you all believe me? I've been with people whose shape shifted, right, but their personality they were completely different people before and after. Are you saying it was some lover who'll be actually shaken?
Speaker 3: I can no longer discuss.
Speaker 2: This all right? Wow, who do you think it is? James? You would know if you give me a guess. Who do you think it is? I have no idea. Should we commit him?
Speaker 1: His drummer is laughing hysterically in the background. It's pretty funny. Yes, I don't know what to make of it. I mean, of course, it's not a serious conversation, right, He's not like on the witness stand, like mister Corgan. Did you in fact, on the night of the seventh of September encounter an entity named so you know what I mean, they're joking, so it's hard to know, but he's brought it out multiple times doubles down on it, so I think he believes it, right. I mean, it'd be kind of a weird thing to make up, but people make stuff up, so I don't know. Now, it wasn't in that clip, but apparently, and this is kind of what gets me question. I mean, is that apparently, although he you know, although he says it was not necessarily a positive experience, he saw this from the same person twice, and that just shows you the power of an attractive woman. That just shows you the power of a beautiful woman, because because he had some kind of encounter of the carnal kind, you know, and all of a sudden there's a freak show reptile alien standing there, and he's like, you know what, maybe maybe I'll just put that aside, you know what I mean, Like, hey, listen, I get it. I've definitely put a lot of people's flaws to the side just because they were beautiful. But uh, to me, that see, that seems like a bit of a stretch. So anyway, that kind of makes me doubt it but he didn't really go into the details. It could have been the same night, you know, but did give me think. You know, we're we're gonna go on to a couple more celebrity experiences like this, but it is interesting, you know, this is kind of what this is kind of how some angelic experiences are in the Bible, you know. And I'm not trying to say because people do this, I'm not making that claim. People will say they try to make the claim like angels and divine beings are actually aliens.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think you could just as easily make the reverse claim. You know, that the popular culture lens that we wear causes us to interpret these things as aliens or and Billy Corgan didn't say aliens, but we'll see that other people do. The truth is I just think it's a mystery. But Billy Corgan's story actually kind of does align with some angelic encounters. And of course we don't. I mean, I don't think Christians necessarily believe that all angelic beings are good. I mean this is kind of the foundation, like a foundational claim in Judaism and Christianity is that there are angelic rebellions and including, you know, including if you think the Lucifer's story is real and not a later invention. I know some people do think that, but you know, if you don't, you know, he would even fall into that category of being a rebellic, the rebel literally the adversary. And you know, I gotta say a bit the motivation for the angelic quote unquote. You know, angelic rebellion is lust, you know, so it's not necessarily strange that this situation seems to have. Now Listen, I understand this sounds nuts, right, Like am I saying Billy corg and you know, hooked up with an angel? I understand that's insane, and that's almost disqualifying for a lot of people. I'm just we're having fun today. Relax, Okay, we're having fun. But also but also, I mean, this is literally like one of the opening lines, is it, what is it? Genesis six? Oh gosh, now you're making me google a Genesis six. Bene e Laheim is the word the sons of God, a word for angels.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So beniella Heim refers to figures who took human wives, leading to the birth of the Nephilum. But I was actually looking at the actual, the actual. It's a recurring theme, but I was looking for the actual passage just to get the get the ambiance. And of course I'm only going to get the AI overview because AI has ruined Earth and I can I can't just rely on my ability to google things anymore. I have to scroll through a page of stupid Genesis sixty six. Halelujah, Genesis sixty six. Nope, that's wrong, thanks Ai. All right, well, so let me just do my best recap. So there's the sons of God who looked upon the daughters of men. So the bene Elohem looked upon the I don't know how to say daughters in Hebrew, but something Adam, right, Benny Adams, sons of man, so whatever daughter's a man is. The sons of God looked upon the daughters of men and saw that they were beautiful. I get that, totally get that, and took wives of them and had children. Now, traditional Christians will interpret this as like, I don't know how they interpreted exactly, because the ideas that angelic beings are not physical or capable of reproduction. But I mean, that's what's in there, so.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you want to how you want to interpret that. This is a trope that is repeated throughout all sorts of sacred scriptures. It's in the I forget the actual text is anuma Alish, you know, one of one of the Sumerian ancient Sumerian Onanakian type things. You know, all of these small g gods are having hybrid children, you know, angelic human children, and those children go on to become the men of renown. That's what the Bible says, and people will extrapolate this like this is where we get the idea of demigods from like Hercules. You know, these are like mighty men. And it's not totally scientifically insane. I mean, we know that interspecies hybridization leads to large offspring or can I think they're generally sterile though, so I'm not really sure how this are. But the point is, who knows. This is a great mystery. But you know, like ligers are much bigger than a lion or a tiger, right. But anyway, so other people interpret this as like an ancient echo of some real biological event like Neanderthals and Homo sapiens interbreeding and making a new species like you know, or a different type of Homo sapien, like a chromagnum, which is where a lot of arts and things came from. Isn't it just freaking fascinating all of it? You know, you could spend one hundred lifetime studying this stuff and you would still still be desperate for more. But anyway, I thought that was kind of an interesting story. We'll move on. Oh no, I did a terrible drop. I want to tell you more about angelic encounters. So there is this one one Hebrews thirteen to two. Hebrews is a a controversial book because we don't know who wrote it, but it is believed I actually don't know who's believed to have written it in Christian tradition, but it's a letter to the Hebrews. This is the idea a church who was composed I think of mostly New Christians who were Jewish, so it's a letter to them. I think that's the context. But Hebrews searching two states, do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. And so this is one of the many passages we have that supports this idea that angels can take human form. And it's interesting because even Jesus after the resurrection and nobody recognizes him, he looks he's a different He looks different until some time goes by and then people are like, oh my gosh, it's you Lord. You know, so something interesting going on there. I don't know what you make of that. But and then there is and this is this is another odd one. This is it's from Genesis, and the passage is called the Three Visitors. And so these three men show up and Abraham, you know, the father of nations, father of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, he learns from these three men that his wife is going to have a baby. And this is very shocking because they're old. I think Sarah is like a hundred or something. And so they they take they they show these three men hospitality. It's determined at some point that they're actually angels. And so I'm trying to find the actual part I want to read to you, guys. I'm sorry. There's a passage where oh, okay, here we go, here we go. Okay, So this is the part of the Bible where Abraham is it Abraham or lots. I forget. Somebody's begging not to have Sodom destroyed by God. So they're saying, you know, if I can find fifty righteous men, will you spare the city? And God says yes, and Abraham's like, okay, He's kind of negotiating, what if I can find forty five? God says yes, forty yes. He gets all the way down to what like ten, so it's Abraham. He gets all the way down to ten, and God says, if you can find ten righteous men, I will not destroy And I think the implication is basically like, if you can find one righteous man, you know, we won't destroy it. It's just like a rhetorical device to tell you that Sodom is wicked, I guess. And so so Abraham goes off to try to find that, and then the two angels. This is Genesis nineteen. The two angels arrive at Sodom in the evening. This is a weird passage, very strange. It's actually one of the passages in the Bible where I'm like, I just don't know if I can I don't know if I can accept this, you know so, but but I'm gonna read it. I'm gonna skip some of the really bizarre stuff. If you want to read it, this is you know, you can go read it. But so, the two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them. He got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. My lords, he said, please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night, and then go on your way early in the morning. No, they answered, we will spend the night in the square. But he insisted so strongly that they did not go with him. I'm sorry, okay, yeah, they insisted they do not go with him, and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast in the eight before that. That's a weird detail, right, like without yeast. I don't know that's a recurring thing, the unloavened bread idea. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom, both young and old, surrounded the house. They called to Lot, where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them. So wow, sodom is going hard. This is actually I think you know where we get the term sodomy, right, and this is this is a proposed homosexual encounter, I suppose, except they aren't men, you know, they're angels. And so this is the reason I'm reading it is that these are gods, lords, angels with the appearance of men. So what do you make of that. I mean, there's a way of there's a way of like interpreting Billy Corgan's experience that kind of matches this, you know, like, but again, I'm not trying to make too much out of this. It's just a little bit crazy. So they're trying, they try to beat the door down. A Lot is like offering up his daughters instead. That's what's the weird part. But the men again, that the angels are now called the men. The men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into his house. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness. That's rough, dude. I think the punishment fits the crime. Don't get me wrong, but that's rough. The two men said to a Lot again, now they're called men. The we go back from angels and men. Angels and men. The two men said to a Lot, do you have anyone else here, sons and law, sons or daughters, anyone who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against his people is so great that he sent us to destroy it. So yeah, I mean, they're certainly angels because the word angel just means messenger of God. So they've been sent by the Lord to destroy Sodom, to grab any righteous people, and all they can find is Lot's family, right, But I don't know, offering your daughters up like that, it doesn't really sit super well with me. So but hey, it's a different time. You know, Lot isn't the moral foundation of Christianity, right, so we don't necessarily need to expect much out of him. But okay, So moving on to the next thing. This is an interesting story because I kind of sort of have a loose connection to this guy. This is Sammy Hagar. Now there are Sammy Hagar is one of these people that I feel like everyone has a cousin who knows a cousin who knows Sammy Hagar. But in my case, actually it's true. You know. I think I've told you all about my yearly Christmas Eve party with my wife's family, and they're all it's like twenty Robert de Niro's and their wives. They're all super Italian speak Italian. It's very cool. And for many years they had a lot of fun just trying to get me obliterated drunk on lemon cello and anisset and homemade of wine. And who am I to say no, I just wanted them to like me, so they filled me up with pasta and wine. There are worse things anyway. One of the guys there is Sammy Hagar's nephew, and so he's telling the stories and I know it's true because I've seen that part of the family and photos at his house up in the mountains with him, so like, this is actually true. I don't know. I don't know him. I've never met Sammy Hagar, but they have a sort of implied that he's kind of a strange, like he's got strange stories, you know. And so I was like, I didn't know that. And one time I would have sworn I heard them mention like an alien encounter. So I googled it and sure enough, sure enough, Sammy Hagar has had all sorts of strange encounters. So we're going to play another Howard Stern clip four minutes with Sammy Hagar.
Speaker 4: Here go.
Speaker 2: What's going on with you in all this ghost story in the sense that this is a very heavy thing for me because I'm you know, as I get up in years, I'm hoping there's some sort of afterlife. I don't think there is, but you give me hope. You give me hope, Sammy.
Speaker 4: You know there's something going on, Howard.
Speaker 7: I don't know what it is, but you know, I've been touched in weird ways, sometimes in dreams and while I'm awake and you're think and it's a dream and things happen. My father visited me, my manager when he died, visited me the night they died.
Speaker 2: But wait a second, it's deeper than that, Sammy. What you're saying is, if I have it right, your father, hard drinking man, tough guy.
Speaker 4: Died under a park bench.
Speaker 7: Basically, I mean in the back of a car, a police car.
Speaker 4: But pull him out from a park bench, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the night he dies, there's a knock on your door. You hear or a distinct knock, you were sleeping or you were waiting.
Speaker 7: I got up and answered the door right and and in my house right where I was, the person that was with me, my baby was in. I had a litt two year old Aaron was a little two year old boy. And I answered the door and it was my dad. He was like in his twenties, and he was drunk and going crazy. He was saying great David the Irish and all this stuff. And I said, don't ever come like this in front of my baby. Woke him up, and it all happened. It was like a dream. Slammed the door, went and laid back down. God's truth. I mean, you can't make this shit up. And the door somebody knocked on the door, and I got the fucker he's back. I went and opened the door and it was my next door neighbor who had a telephone that was an emergency number for my sister and my family. Because I was living, you know, I was with my band. We were all sleeping in the same house and all that same room. Anyway, he goes, hey, your sister's on the phone. Look Howard, my my.
Speaker 2: Fur is upumps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do all over my body, man, and so I just went wow, I knew. I mean, she says they found out at four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It is unbelievable, and that's happened.
Speaker 2: Do you ever think since it's happened, do you do you think maybe you were asleep or you know, you were awake when your father visited you.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's too out there, man.
Speaker 2: What was the second time it happened?
Speaker 7: Well, my manager Ed Leffler, who when I joined Van Halen, when I got thrown out of it, you know, when we were having our hard times. Ed Leffler had died. After that the band broke up and Ed Lefter was my manager forever and then he took over Van Halen, and he just I was sitting there. We were going through hell with the band, and they had hired this manager guy who they ended up suing, and all this stuff we won't mention names. But long story short, I talked about it my book and Ed I was sitting there, I was laying in bed, and I just I just didn't know what to do it.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to quit the band, but I knew it was over.
Speaker 7: You know, we were really at odds and Ed comes to me kneels down next in my bed. I'm going, fuck, I'm smelling. He's a cigarette smoker. You know, he had a certain smell about him, you know, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Going, damn, Maed, what am I gonna do? He said, don't worry about It's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be okay, man, he says, you know, I mean he just came and flat said that and just straightened me right out. I said, fuck it. Next thing I know, I was throwing out of the band and life was good for me, you know, right, Like, so.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in the afterlife?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Dimensions?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot going on right between.
Speaker 1: Really right, isn't this interesting? I mean I do this all the time too, but it is interesting, like our desire to use like syntax vocabulary that does not betray a religious instinct, you know what I mean? Like, hey, hey, Sammy, do you believe in the afterlife? He's like, well, no, but I believe in dimensions?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, buddy, I mean, what's the difference? You know, like you're saying to go to a you know, there's another dimension out there and unseen realm. Will you know I've got bad news for you. This is basically the premise of most religious books. But I get it, you know, because I don't. I don't personally just because just because the world is so secular, you know, and I know the way I used to feel about people who were anything other than extremely rationalistic, productionistic, materialistic. So like, I don't like being off putting.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of a people pleaser in that way. It's a problem, but uh, you know, I don't know, even I have to kind of be like, yeah, come on, you know when people are like, well, you know, I feel like the universe just wants me to take this job. It's like, buddy, buddy, like I know, you know, you hated Catholic school as a kid or whatever, but you're you're you're saying God wants you to take the job, you know, and you say that like no one, you know, just you just I think it's important to just acknowledge it. But I also get it because these words have baggage. You know, someone who emails me a lot mentions this, like like just saying like identifying, saying you're Christian, It's like all these assumptions could be made, you know, because there's just a lot of really like you know, words have baggage, so they're they're laden with people's experiences. They're heavy, heavy, laden, excuse me. So I kind of find that funny. But I'm a little jealous. Is that? Okay, I'm a little jealous of people that have these experiences. If you please, if you've had some experience, email it to me. I mean, I've had a couple of weird dreams. I had a really actually bizarre dream last night. I'm I'm Type one diabetic, so like I've noticed, I'll have like really intense dreams if my blood sugar goes low in the middle of the night, and last night it did. Last night was bizarre because, like you know, by it normally is flat all nights because you're not eating, haven't taken any insulin, like should be flat. But it was all over the place, and like the intensity of my dream sort of mirrored, you know, because when I woke up, I checked sort of mirrored this like pattern. You know. It was kind of bizarre. It was like it's almost like a dream about like automatic writing, almost like I was in a room with a bunch of like I think, famous people. It's funny, we're playing famous people right now. And we were like trying to write something and I was I just felt so like stupid compared to them because they were just like they were just having this outpouring of like beautiful words, and it was like there was like music in the background and like like the the depth of the meaning of the writing like oscillated to the rhythm of the me It was. It was bizarre. It was this one of the strangest dreams I've ever had, and so like, yeah, I've had weird dreams, but I've never had anything like this, like never like this. And my my wife has had these experiences. She's was raised Catholic, you know how you know the Catholics like that kind of stuff. I remember she told a story about her grandfather like appearing to her and her mother at the same time at actually Sammy Hagar's nephew's wife's house, funny enough, And she was having this like big it's like a yoga thing, I don't know, and there's some like medium there. This is all stuff I disapprove of. I think this is so strange and bizarre. I think it's silly, but she had this experience and apparently she has this whole rationale for a while, it's like beyond any shadow of a doubt that this happened because the entity that spoke to them related information that only they knew. Oh I'm sorry. Okay. So you know those shows like or You'll have like a fake spiritual medium and there'll be an audience of people and they'll be like, well, and maybe he has an ear piece and you know, well, I'm sensing something something to do with legs, like something to do with legs and the letter the letter is I said p it might be Pe. And then nothing happens and he's like no, no, no, it's actually d And someone will raise their hand and be like, oh my gosh, my my father David just broke his leg and he's in the hospital. He's you know, he's in and he's like, okay, yeah, I'm getting a message about David. It's just bs.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, so there was a person there at this thing, this yoga thing, and she was like, hey, I'm getting A'm like I it's like a large man who had this nickname and they said the nickname and he wants. He just wanted me to I don't know who in the room he wanted me to tell this too, but he wanted me to say thank you for saving the brick the bricks. And my mother in law, bless her heart, extremely superstitious and spirit spiritual and Catholic, just fell apart, bawling, cried, Oh my God, because her she had just remodeled her backyard and she saved all the bricks that her father had used to pave the patio, you know, and it's like, Okay, yeah, that's amazing, but it's just so hard for me to not like, surely somebody else knew, Like there must be some rational explanation, right, that's my instinct, like maybe maybe she told the cousin and didn't realize, you know, although that would be like a crazy trick to play, like if the cousin then relayed this information to so and so and then and then she used it like that would be that to me, seems like that'd be crazy. So I don't know. Anyway, I remember my wife told my grandmother this story, and my grandmother, who's extremely Protestant, was like, that sounds like a demon us and our religious views man so crazy, so crazy anyway. But so I'm jealous though that that kind of stuff's never happened to me. So if it's happened to you, let me know.
Speaker 2: Why is everything happening to you and not me?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, is that am I just did? I just see into the future.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I lay nothing happened, nobody visits you can have this Shitley just scare Scar, it's scared. Were you visited by aliens as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I had a UFO experience and all.
Speaker 1: Right, this is when you start to roll your eyes, right when the same person's had ghosts, UFOs, vampires, mummies. There's a Jimmy Buffett song to that effect if you want to look that up, Vampire's mummies and the Holy Ghost. You start to be like, oh, you're losing credibility. But it's actually this story that I first found is it's actually kind of interesting. You know, it's kind of an interesting story. And he doesn't go into as much detail here as I've seen him go into elsewhere. But let's listen.
Speaker 7: And that was in sixty seven, sixty eight, and you weren't high or anything.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't do drugs. I didn't even drink back then, and who visited?
Speaker 7: They just randomly picked me and I woke up while they were doing it. I'm going to fuck's going on? My room was white. I mean, I was like, I couldn't see anything. It was a complete white out. I later couldn't move all of a sudden, they said in another language, just telepathy, this is done. You know, he's waking up or whatever, and they yelled a numerical code that was obviously you know, like your your past code to get into your shit, you know, and boom.
Speaker 4: It was like it was almost like a wire in the air.
Speaker 7: And when I woke up and it was black, and I was shaken and I couldn't move.
Speaker 2: And when you when you tell that story, a guy's like, Jason, look at you, like here crazy. He's back there making hands like no.
Speaker 1: It's like cuckoo.
Speaker 4: He's jealous.
Speaker 2: He's jealous. Aren't you jealous? Ever heard that story? Yeah, well he's been visited. Why him?
Speaker 1: I just get thinking, like, did they like do sexual thing?
Speaker 2: Did they put a catheter up your people?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: It does seem to be a theme with these encounters, so I understand the question.
Speaker 7: Yes, no, no, there was a physical it was. It was from a distance. They programmed into me, they like you know, they wireless.
Speaker 2: They think they programmed that you would one day be the lead singer of a band.
Speaker 7: No, no, I think that opened my mind.
Speaker 4: It was like a big ascid trip. Brother.
Speaker 1: All right, there you have it. I don't know what do you make of that? What do you make of that? It's I'm reluctant. I'm reluctant. I'm skeptical. All right. The next one is John Lennon. Let's check it out.
Speaker 4: I just put a turn round and there was just thing about him.
Speaker 6: Just put the right John Lennon saw it, and so did his girlfriend May.
Speaker 8: Pang, and I'm screaming it's a UFO.
Speaker 6: But only now, twenty three years later are people taking the.
Speaker 4: First close look at this.
Speaker 6: Long lost episode A Day in the Life of a Beatle, and for the first time May Pang is revealing the long hidden sketches made by John Lennon of what he saw and stranger still some or even taking a closer look at John Lennon's death and the possibility that it was linked to something he wasn't supposed to see or talk about.
Speaker 2: It must be a flying pilfif. You don't want to face it, you know.
Speaker 6: John Lennon's apparent close encounter came at a.
Speaker 1: Time after he'd left the Beatles.
Speaker 6: He was living in New York City fighting a US government attempt to deport him. He was under surveillance by the FBI because of his left wing political activities, and he was separated from his wife, Yoko Ono, living with his one time assistant May Pang in a penthouse on East fifty second Street.
Speaker 1: Roe definitely had a type. I'll tell you that this is audio only, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Speaker 8: Finishing up the Balls and Bridges albums that John had been working on, and he decided to take a walk out on our terrace. And now, mind you, he is nude.
Speaker 6: But if John Lennon made quite a sight, it was nothing compared to what May paying says. They were both about to see for themselves.
Speaker 8: And all of a sudden, Hume yelling out to me, going, May come out here. So I go running out to the terrace and I go, what is it?
Speaker 4: I mean what?
Speaker 8: And I stopped and I looked up and I saw this, the saucer like thing over our head, just going over us, very very slowly, like a snail. And as it was flying over us, it just sort of wavered. It just tilted, went on, it sort of on on its side a little, and I'm screaming it's a And there was no noise coming out of it. That's what was amazing. And it just hovered over this building for a good five minutes. It turned around and it moved out and it just went straight up into the sky.
Speaker 4: We just watched it go straight up.
Speaker 6: John Lennon didn't keep the siding to himself. He called the police and they told him they'd already gotten three calls.
Speaker 4: He called a newspaper.
Speaker 2: They'd gotten six.
Speaker 6: Within days. John Lennon was also on the phone to a radio station where he spoke to all who were tuned in.
Speaker 1: I just st it turned round and there was a thing about one hundred foot away and very low below the height of the buildings, you know.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking what is and I think it's a flying storce. It must be a flying stort here. So you don't want to face it, you know, even if it was freaked like me, you do want to think, oh, it's a balloon. Or something.
Speaker 6: But it was only recently that a radio show producer in another city got hold of the tape and decided to explore its implication.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll wrap it up there. You get the idea. A couple other notable things of other people. Now listen, here's the thing. Celebrities are inherently insane, right, no offense, no judgment. But you gotta be a little nuts, you know, to be to be a public person, a singer and actor. And of course that's a generalization, you know. But Miley Sires says a story and I only bring this one up because it happened in my in my neck of the woods, she says, and she admits she was extremely high. So I was driving through San Bernardino with my friend and I got chased down by some sort of UFO. I'm pretty sure about what I saw, but I also bought weed wax from a guy in a van in front of a taco shop, so it could have been the weed wax. First of all, I love the idea that Miley Cyrus is rolling around San Bernardino buying weed wax. That's crazy. Cyrus went to explain that the UFO resembled a flying snowplow and was glowing yellow. Well, that's weird, she continued. I did see it flying, and my friend saw it too. There were a couple of other cars in the road and they also stopped to look, So I think what I saw was real. Well that's I mean, that's interesting, she said. She doesn't she didn't remember feeling threatened by the encounter, and even made eye contact with the bean sitting in the driver's seat. I think that's what really shook me, looking into the eyes of something that I couldn't quite wrap my head around, she confessed, adding that the experience left her feeling disturbed. She says, I was shaken for like five days. It fucked me up, she said. I couldn't really look at the sky the same. I thought they might come back. Well, yeah, I mean that's kind of wild. Again, I'm left with that same feeling. How could you just go back to living normal life? But I mean, we don't have a choice, you know, so maybe maybe that's the appropriate reaction. You're just you're like screwed up for a few days, and then the world continues to slowly turn and you just get back to it. I guess, same story Demi Levado, another another very credible and reliable eyewitness, revealed that she has been making contact with extraterrestrials following her split from her fiance Max Eric. That's the kind of power I want to have over you know, a woman, you leave her and she starts communicating with extra durs. She must have been devastated by this guy by breaking up with this guy. I'm sorry, that's sound funny and I'm kidding, of course, she said. Over the past couple months, I have dug deep into the science of consciousness. Uh oh, red Flag, I'm doing the same thing and experience not only peace and serenity like I've never known, but I also have witnessed the most incredibly profound sightings both in the sky as well as feet from me. And I believe that happened in Joshua Tree, which is also nearby. Yeah, it says she claims to have encountered a floating blue orb in Joshua Tree. I've been in Joshua Tree. I've been outdoors in a jacuzzi looking up at the sky and it just scares me. You know, maybe that's the problem. Maybe you got to be open to it. Because I'm sitting there, and I'm thinking, like, do I try to put out the energy out that, like I would like to see something because I don't know if you know this, but there are people you might call them insane people. I think that's rude, who go out there in groups. He's called as a CE five or c SETI I figure what it's called sea SETI search for extraterrestrial I don't know. They go out into like the forest with the with the singing or something a didgerido ba wah wah, and they look up at the sky and they like say prayers or ask questions, and apparently they'll see like flashes of light and response to their mental questions. This sounds bananas, but if you're doing it, let me know. I want to go. This is me. I try to pretend to like I'm so skeptical, but in reality, please invite me secretly. God's I view book at gmail dot com. And of course there's many other people, many other famous people who are into this. Kurt Russell was flying a private plane during the Phoenix Lights, the famous Phoenix Lights in nineteen ninety seven. Google that, and he radioed in an observation of strange sequential lights. I think I think he. I think Goldie Hawn also had an experience in a car like that. Someone spoke to her. I'll have to google that. Fran Dresser, I don't know who that is, but the name sends super familiar. Believe she and her ex husband were abducted by aliens during their youth, claiming they both recalled identical microscopic scar See, this is weird, This is like a common thing. This was a theme in the What's a Disclosure Day movie by Steven Spielberg that like, children will be abducted, and it does kind of seem to be enriched and like famous people like something about these encounters seem to I don't know, lead them down this path of attention seeking, but I think you could just as easily say that people who are seeking attention are more likely to have crazy events happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Dan Ackroyd, of course very into UFOs. He claims to have had a close encounter while camping Guermo del Toro, famous director witnessed a flying saucer hovering over a rural landscape in Mexico as a teenager. Interestingly, my friend on a camping trip in Mexico as a kid had a similar experience. So yeah, I don't know. What do you think, guys, do we become a UFO podcast? Do we join the million other UFO podcasts? I don't think so. I like listen, I'm fascinated. But also it's just like people get into this and they never seem to get any closer to an answer, So it's like, why waste your time? You know? But I think all this stuff is sort of compatible with a sort of open minded supernatural worldview, and that kind of is what our show is about, you know. I mean, I think most of what we do in the show is we're interested in scientific discovery and cool scientific facts about the universe. But we're interested because it's just a good method for answering mysterious questions. I think where we stop is we don't say it is a good method for explo why or how we are here, you know, because all science can never do is describe things, and as we get increasingly complex descriptions of reality, we're not any closer to understanding what it is or why it's here. This is the map versus terrain metaphor that we like. It's also related to our video game analogy we use all the time. It certainly seems like we are inside of something, and every observation we've ever made in science is consistent with that worldview. There's laws that govern the system, and we can make predictions by understanding those laws. But we can only make predictions about things within the system itself. We can never learn anything about what's outside the system, although we can't make observations that are consistent with an information universe like a video game. A video game is an information universe, so much less complex one. But you know, you zoom all the way in and you see pixels and it's like, well, we're made of pixels, and it's like, well, no, you're not. You're made of zeros and ones spinning on a hard drive. The pixels are what you see when you're in the video game. And similarly, you know, quantum physics seems to be telling us the same thing. We zoom in, we zoom in, we zoom in, and we don't find smaller and smaller legos, you know, we don't find smaller and smaller building blocks. At some point, there's just nothing there. There's there's this thing called an electron, which can be described with mathematics, but it's not really, it's not actually real. And then we have all these experiments like double slit and delayed choice and all these different experiments that tell us it feels more like information than what we would generally describe as matter. You know, I mean, I understand an electron has mass, it's matter. I get it according to the like standard definition of what matter is. But the way it behaves, it behaves as if it's governed by some rule set, and it is a it's like a bit of information. And that's weird again that this is this is consistent with like an information universe, a system that we're in, and we get to see what it looks like from the inside, just like a video game character would in his reality if you were conscious. But of course, I mean in that video game world, you could develop sciences. You could predict how to build a catapult, you know, you could. You could do anything we could do, assuming a sufficiently advanced video game. And so therefore I'm not surprised at what science has done. And if you wanted me to get in an airplane, I would really hope that you used scientific the scientific method and technological prowess to build it not you know, the knowledge that the world is composed of information will not help you build an airplane. And so I think we got to be aware that this is really a philosophical pursuits, not a pragmatic one. But it all fits, you know, the observations of the world fit with an information universe, a system that we're in. And so from there, I mean, all of these crazy religious ideas, a lot of them seem compatible, you know, and that and that's what I really enjoy talking about. So we'll keep doing that. But today we took a little detour. But hey, shape shifting people and ghosts and all this stuff is not incompatible with an information universe. Right, it's unusual. I'd like to see, uh, I'd like to see some better evidence, but certainly interesting. Okay, anyway, let me know what you guys thought about the episode where what you want me to keep talking about. The feedback I get is all positive, but I mean, people who don't like the show are never going to email me, so so I will encourage you to give me constructive critical feedback as well. All Right, everybody, thanks for listening. Stay safe out there. It's a crazy world. Until next time, God bless,