Speaker 1: I totally Cunningham, the Great American back from the investiture of this or fancy work created by lawyers, the investigor of Joseph T and T Jaters from Supreme Court of Ohio. He was sworn in yesterday by Tanyo O'Rourke and his kids also robed him.
Speaker 2: So to speak.
Speaker 1: I had some funging comments to make about Joe TNT Deaters. I'll tell the story briefly. I know Jim mooreing time is valuable and he's waiting. But in nineteen eighty five, I was down in the Hamlet County Board of Elections doing my show as I did every election cycle, and I always dealt with the big issues and the big candidates. In nineteen eighty five, and a guy named Joe Dieters is running with Frank Weichel, and there was two seats to be elected in Springfield Township. The incumbents were Frank Weichel of the inquir and also John wax Munsky. And running with Frank Weichael was a young man named Joe Dieters. And he taps you on the shoulder at the Board of Elections doing my show during the break, and I turn around and he as on the shoulder and said, hey, can I get on the air? And I said, what's your name? He said, Joe Dieters. I said, didn't you just lose to John wax Munsky. He said, yes I did. I said, you got no chance, You're done. No, you can't get on the air. So with that yesterday, I turn around and point to justice Joe Dieters and I said, I guess I was wrong. Something became of that guy. But that's a different issue. And also we got you se and Xavier's just dominating their leagues. You see, looks great, wonderful. It's a big ten, big twelve, big fourteen, not sure what it is. And of course Xavier is unbelievable. They're at home, they're undefeated, untied, unscored on and I think the two teams have played a total of nine games in their league and they're one in eight, kind of like the Bengal was the first two games of the season for the last five or six years. But joining me now with glory as Jim Mooring at the Holy Grail and also from the banks, Jim, is there anything we look forward to other than the Reds pitchers and Casher's reporting in thirty two days athletically.
Speaker 3: You know, eleven weeks from tomorrow you will be down at my wonderful establishment and giving us an oration that I will tell you I have them all recorded from the last ten years, and one gets better than the other. Well, start writing down the notes. Do you think the Supreme Court Justice will come and join us on opening day this year?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if he.
Speaker 3: Does, I'm gonna bring up this story about this guy wax Monsky. I gotta think it's wax Monsky.
Speaker 1: Wax Monsky. But to his credit, Joe went he won the next eleven races. But nonetheless, to start off with that lass, you know he when's.
Speaker 2: Out there working hard, and he's working hard for us.
Speaker 1: Now all right now, he says working double. I mean, he is doing great work. And I love the guy. If he was a woman, I kiss him right on the lips. Of course, he's got Tanyo O'Rourke to do that. Waking up every morning with her is not a bad thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I could not agree more. She seems like a fan.
Speaker 1: He's a wonderful being. She's a good lady.
Speaker 2: When you when you when you had all your willies.
Speaker 3: Didn't you always dream of Hey, this would be great with the Bengals going nine and eight.
Speaker 2: The Reds were not at the park.
Speaker 3: Now the thing that should be leading us through the winter season. Oh, I beloved UC Bearcats and Zager looking the way they do.
Speaker 1: Miller time. It's Miller time at both schools. Time to start drinking. But can we talk about the facts. We had a news conference about a half an hour ago and it dealt with I guess the powers that be are kind of saying, at least now that the new so called Colisseum will not be at the banks, will not be in its present location. It's going to be maybe over the overlap of I seventy five when they redo that thing in maybe the twenty second century. Or it might be up by t It might be up by FCC Stadium, might be there might be somewhere else. And what are the merchants that the banks think about this?
Speaker 3: You know, the first and foremost we've been talking about this arena. You know in two thousand and one, yes when I was named the vice president and general manager down at then the First Star Center now Herodag's Bank Arena. You know, we went in there, and we knew that the arena haanced issues that had been renovated in ninety seven, and we started the conversations about either renovating or moving things forward.
Speaker 2: So for it to get to a point now where the Chamber has.
Speaker 3: Stepped in really taken a grasp of this thing and said, Okay, we're lining everybody up.
Speaker 2: We need a new arena. The folks that run.
Speaker 3: The arena right now, they're great folks. They are busting their butts. They've got some great events down there, but they know that they have challenges now. They know that we need something challenging. So to get to a point where we are all now aligned to say, hey, let's get everybody on the same page.
Speaker 2: We need a new arena in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: But is it going to you want it to be. Let's cut through the bs. You wanted to be in this present location and the powers that be Brendan Call, etc. Don't want to put it there. Correct.
Speaker 3: Well, the study came out and it didn't have that listed. What we're saying is, you know, as you know, there's been about three billion dollars spent on the infrastructure for the banks, right, A lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hosts.
Speaker 3: You know, this past year you had Luke Combes and the Reds on the same night. Two years ago you had Taylor Swift and the Reds on the same night. They brought october Fest to us. This year, everybody is very comfortable and understanding on how to get to the banks. All of the infrastructure being all the roads, all the highways. You know, remember how Fort Washington Way was that spaghetti mess. They streamlined it. You have a huge Second and Third Street that was all designed to handle the crowds for Paul Brown Stadium, for the American, for your ballpark, and for the arena. It was all gritted to make sure that this was all centered around the Banks. We have all spent a lot of money making sure that that infrastructure was going to be there. Secondly, you have a five thousand person parking garage that is right underneath all of us, that feeds all of us. Our contention is will be and we're going to add Look, this is to advocate to have the arena at the Banks, and that is what we are going.
Speaker 2: To continue to do.
Speaker 3: Not only do all the infrastructure numbers point that way, but the actual cost points that way.
Speaker 2: You know, there is a study.
Speaker 3: I'm told that the arena will fit where it's at and that it would be approximately six hundred and six million dollars versus what the study is coming out and saying anywhere from eight hundred and fifty or I'm sorry, six hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty million to eight hundred million. We think it's the best choice.
Speaker 1: Whoever, whoever pays for, whoever pays for the band calls the tune and the chamber, who's putting up the money for this? Because you know, we've got a billionaire and a billion there, and suddenly we're to start talking about real money. Who's going to pay for like seven hundred million dollars?
Speaker 2: Well, and that's look.
Speaker 3: If somebody is going to come out and there as a private investor that's going to come out and say, hey, here's you know, four or five hundred million dollars towards this project, right, they can pick wherever the heck they want.
Speaker 2: To put it. That's awesome, that's fantastic. I would love to see that. If we're going to get public college involved.
Speaker 3: You know, we need to have I don't even say a thing not seated at the table. We're just here advocating saying doesn't make the most sense to utilize all the assets that are currently in place and put this arena where you know it is currently or some version of that at the banks.
Speaker 1: Now, let me let me ask you a big question, Jay, Are you ready for the big question? Early on Jim Brendan call in the chamber along with the powers that be, does not have the present location in the final three. They must know that they're not. They must know everything you know, and so they factor every thing you said and everything you believe, especially at your news conference half an hour ago. A factor that in not selecting the Heritage Bank Center is the place. So what are they thinking that you may bee maybe you don't know, don't relate or whatever it be. Could it be that lender at FCC is going to put up the five hundred million dollars and put it right next to TQL Stadium.
Speaker 2: That would be fantastic private money. That's that's their call, Willy.
Speaker 3: You know that that's free enterprise, right, If that's where you know, if their donors or people that are going to take on this project, I would love.
Speaker 2: Them for it. It would be fantastic. Put it wherever they heck they want to put that.
Speaker 3: That is their prerogative as entrepreneurs, as business owners.
Speaker 2: More power to you.
Speaker 3: But you know what we're hearing, and it's very public, was that you know, two thirds of this project is going to be publicly financed. A third will be having financed. Okay, if there's two thirds that it's going to be public dollars, we're advocating that it is down at the banks.
Speaker 1: And the other the other factor, Jim Mooring of Holy Grail and the banks, is this that I can recall about twenty years ago when Chas Lucan the first is like Ramsys, he's going to put a lid over the top of Fort Washington Way, and they did certain infrastructure to make sure the lid would work in the future. And now they're talking about taking that lid, put it on Fort Washington Way where the snow can ut be cleared, and that's going to be reclaimed ten to fifteen acres, which is right up against the banks.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you the question, fantastic is.
Speaker 1: That a reality at this point some twenty years later or not?
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you since you want to invoke our mayor Luken, when I took this arena out of Bennett Eye. When we took the arena out of bankruptcy, I was the vice president and general manager starting in two thousand and one. I had all kinds of ideas and things we want to do, and here's how we need to change some things and we can renovate and do some more stuff. And I was holding a press conference because we had gone out and secured conference USA's department for was it two thousand and two or yeah, two thousand and two, And I'm all excited. I'm meeting the mayor for the first time. And he looked at me and he said, Jimmy, we should have got a new arena when we did these other two buildings. We screwed it up. We should have put everything together. So that was, you know, I hate to say it, I'm getting a little bit older. That was twenty three years ago, and it was identified and then as an issue. It is identified now is a huge issue, and you know, we need to get moving on this. I think everybody's lock step down. I think it's a fantastic thing that we've got to this point. You know, as a business owner down there, the great thing about it, Willie is you know the folks that run the arena right now are busting their asses with some great events. You know, that's the thing that people tend to forget is artists want to come to the city. They just had Jelly Role, your favorite artist, you know, Jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: I love Jelly row Man. He had that song almost religious in its context. And you do know, I know, I know Jelly rolls Save me, Lord, Save me. I like Jelly Roll and his life and from a prison cell to music city. I mean, you're talking about a guy that lived at all, heroin dealer, ank, all over his body, fat as the segment, terrible condition. Now he's running marathons and he's a star. I love jelly Roll. In fact, I like to enjoy. I like to bak somehow, and then I love.
Speaker 3: Jelly Rom Back off the segment.
Speaker 4: I'm affording the facts the facts. That's all I do as a business owner at the banks and I and this is not just the Holy ground. I have to say, this is all the bank's stakeholders steel. The same way, the fact that Jelly Roll was there on a Monday night November was.
Speaker 2: Huge for a business.
Speaker 3: In fact, by Elish came in, you had Dayton and you see playing down there, you know on a Friday night in December huge for us.
Speaker 2: This week you've got certain piece of a coming in. Oh if you look at the.
Speaker 3: Counter in January and February, that arena is busy virtually every Friday and Saturday night. That's import a time when we would when we would be the slowest. You know, Ray and Christmas Looks are busting their butt. They know, just like everybody else does. That arena has challenges. And it's time for the city, the county, everybody to get together and embrace the fact that, yes, we need a new arena.
Speaker 1: It's got to happen with Ennersey Center, with a new hotel. And you can't you can't have a crappy arena. I know Heritage is punching above their pay grade, but let's face it, it can't be. It's got to be modern, it's got to be built, it's got to be somewhere. I'm going to have on later Brendan call. What should we tell Brent? What should I tell Brendan call of the chamber about why it should be.
Speaker 2: At the banks. It makes the most sense. It's just it's you know, when.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Mo always says, where's the common sense guy at I want to be the common sense guy that says, too many things lead to.
Speaker 2: Lead us to this.
Speaker 3: It brings us right back to the bank's location, and let's let's have the meaningful conversation about that.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's what we're going to do next. We are going to go to the elected officials and say, hey, we're down here. We're going to raise our hand and maybe.
Speaker 3: Stump our feet a little bit and say, you know, this is this is kind of weird that we were left out of this process.
Speaker 2: All right, Jim, that's the process. But yeah, you know what I'm saying, yea, that it should be identified, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, if someone puts up the money, so be it. But if it's mainly public money, then the public needs an input, a big input.
Speaker 2: Agree, a thousand agree, one thousand percent.
Speaker 3: Look if somebody, if somebody's coming up with that check, i'd love them, thank you for doing it, thanks for helping out the city. But if it's going to be two thirds public money, then you know, let's do what we think is the right thing and the most prudent thing, and that's to put the urn into Thanks.
Speaker 1: All right, Jim Mooring on at four to my speech on Red's opening day, and this year, I have a eleven weeks eleven more. It's going to be unbelievable and the play is gonna be hopefully that's not bad. I mean, I don't know what they're gonna do with him and Matt McLain. I thought he was kind of uh the second basement. Maybe not in of course you have you have Martee at a third not performing, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: But uh, I'm more, Yeah, I could not. I am so I'm optimist.
Speaker 1: I'm optimistic.
Speaker 2: You got t have you have you met?
Speaker 3: Have you met?
Speaker 2: You got to talk to Tito yet?
Speaker 1: No I haven't. Uh, Marty and I and Tino are going to play golf when he gets back here because he wants got to ken woodn't play. And I said, absolutely, I need a fourth year it because we've got to get out there. I think I love that guy. He was Michael Jordan's baseball manager, and uh he's got a couple of World Series rings and they wouldn't have hired him, but they weren't ready to win. And I think the Reds this year are ready to win. I might be wrong. I've been proven wrong in the past since nineteen ninety now thirty five years, but this point is at the point I think the reds are going to arise. It's going to be the hunt for a Red's October, is what I say. Yeah, I cannot agree more. And you know what next year, are beloved bangles, watch out, watch out.
Speaker 2: I think this is a wake up call this year.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope. All I have is hope. That's all I have is hope. And Jim moooring, I'll do my part and thank you very much and we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Yeah, I appreciate you so so much. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jim, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. I'm going to get into the issue also as to why your street isn't cleared. I've spoken to some public officials who try to explain it to me that at one point you have the township or the city, at another point you have the county or the state. Then another point you got the state or the Fed. You've got the Feds of the state, the county of the city, the township of the city, municipality, and then you go back and forth, and I want to know what in the hell is going on around this place, and why can't you get off Mount Adams.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's continue. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred w l W