Speaker 1: What did you think about Spearman for Frome Batman? He wasn't in this movie? Really? Should we go back out there and watch some TV?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna replace Stylan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna place Kirkland? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you going to place Taylor too?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it's just gonna be you and me. Wah, that's pretty good, then.
Speaker 2: What's up? Flash Mob kind of looked like the original flash of that haircut though, a bit like I don't you're tall enough?
Speaker 1: Though? Oh me, looks like the original flash? Okay, I thought you meant Tony Ravioli. I'm I don't think so, he's like.
Speaker 4: Completed his last name actually Ravioli.
Speaker 1: It's Riviola or something, but that's Ravioli. That would be a sick lost Tony. Are you guys ready, Taylor Feccini?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tay Feccini Fields.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the two hundred and ninety fourth episode of the Gig First Pat Podcast. I'm the Web Shooter Trass Now.
Speaker 2: I am the night Monkey Dylan Muss I am your friendly neighborhood caster Krookland past.
Speaker 3: I am even oh no, I butchered at fudge nuggets. Uh oh no, hang on, hang on, hang on, even dead. I'm the Taylor Field Okay, okay, I like my acronyms. I just want to say, Kirkling, your name has been so relevant. Like a lot lately, I've been like a lot.
Speaker 2: I foresaw this. I was like Figgy when he was making the first Iron Man. I just foresaw this, the whole full end game series.
Speaker 1: That's impressive. If you haven't guessed by the title or nicknames. We are reviewing Spider Man Far from Home. We're gonna do a review and then I'm gonna say three two one, Dylan's gonna say geek for his assemble, and then we're gonna jump into spoilers. Before we get into that, we got tons of stuff coming up. We got the Tarantino retros starting this week and the first episode is launching, so if you've liked other retros, check that one out. Lots of fun. You know, we're very close to Once upon a Time in Hollywood. So that's the lead up you hat this month, So we'll be doing the retro that a rankings episode, you know, the classic what you expect in a retro geek goodness with some you know we're like five we have planned.
Speaker 4: It's really it's been a fun retro so far. Yeah, we're a lot of passion behind the conversations and you.
Speaker 1: Go, Patrion, get all those early right now, I think we've done. We've got three left. Yeah, we got three left still to do. But if not, you can get all of them. Yeah, almost all of them. I don't know why I said all of them five times row. So that's awesome. Wait for Hateful the big Thing. July nineteenth, our four year, twenty fourth anniversary Marvel Ultimate Lines three stream, cam Kong. We got tons of stuff going on that week in honk Honka's back, we're covering news, we got the Superhero draft, the third annual. Now I think we're at third, yeah, third one. So we got tons of contact that weekend. But the most importantly, we're doing a twenty four hour stream. It's gonna be tons of fun. Check it out. Marvel. The Lines were very excited. If you go to our social media, there's a very great poster that Taylor Field made very well, that's really good. And then it's up and running. The poster is up, it will be once this cast is live. God kind of like the official you know we've been talking about. This is the announcement. Go watch.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be tons of fun starting Friday morning ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we'll hit you at the exact time once we know. We got to just find out Coloonna and game stores and et cetera, et cetera. And then lastly, but not least, if you have you got about at the time this is being recorded, you got about a few more days to send some questions because next year is are our next year. Next week is our four year anniversary cast. We're gonna do the same thing we do as always. We do qune with each other, but we also take questions from the fans. Thanks everyone that send them in this year from Twitter, Facebook, Patren. We have definitely the most we've ever had. Tons of questions you know about Marvel questions. Yeah, yeah, it's a you know, we're in phase two, they're in fa going to phase four. You know, people are just feeling the hype. So we just got tons of stuff coming in this month. So you just want to hit that subscribe button if you like what we do, review us on iTunes because we are eighty away to possibly hit in our next milestone. Which we can't reveal yet, but it would be great if you did that, So please leave a riden review if you like what we're about to do or what we've done, Tidy, you need to say something you look like Rod or not.
Speaker 3: I had a few things I need to say, Oh, Rod or not. Well, I've called RUBENETI again on that and he's like, yo, it's done, but there's things that needs to nitpick and finish. I'm like, okay, give me a time frame and he's like, I can't give you a time frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well shit, what else you got to promote? Another thing? I got to promote the X Men pull.
Speaker 3: You know, it's at the semifinal round right now, and finals are gonna be starting off here, and it's looking like I think we'll 'reen's gonna take the cake here. Boy, he's got a lead by like ten votes. I think against an hour and left Nellly an hour left, but after that it'll be Yeah, Magneto versus Dark Phoenix will be pretty crazy. Another thing I want to shut out. We are getting close to August. It is next month officially, and Colona Koma con officially will be happening, and geek ers will be there in some shape or form.
Speaker 1: I know Taylor's worried, but after July nineteenth, that will be the pin post for the entire month till Comic Fantastics. I know he's I know, I can see him over there is frothing at them mouth like why is it not the pin post? He we went to the Comic Con, got the announcement, what in like December, and he made that the pin posts. I'm like, August is December. Whenever you did it was like it was like over six months till the konic on you made the pin posts like we gotta wait, like end games out right now? I get that. And then lastly you can go check it out. But we said we would announced the winner here this Spider Man fan draft. I'm not geting doun to all the castings everything like that, go check out. That's the episode previous. But we picked seven characters that we'd like to see further than the MC castd Uh. It was a wild ride. There's some runaways, there's some i would say upsets, but so we had a big kind of tie across the board. You had Kirkland Pats who ran away the Jonah Pole and then hob Gone squeaked By. I'm not gonna say who did who they cast, that's why you go check out the cast. But you won the Jonan On hobgoone pole. Dylan won the Norman and the Uncle Ben one, which I was surprised. I had a nice lead there and then you took it. I had donc and Craven. So it was a nice three way tie because Taylor over here one black cat somehow until today, because somehow Dylan Musk took a nice lead and with only nine votes his black cat got the win. So with a two to two for me and Kirkland, Dylan muss up there with the three he won the Spiderman fan cast.
Speaker 4: That's take care three fans. Thank you to the fans because you guys gave me that win. Yeah, it's a win for all of us.
Speaker 1: I was pretty salty. I was like, woscept that three way tie? But yeah, you you you brings on the X Men one and then now the Spier one. So let's see one.
Speaker 4: We'll see a little more off the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but enough for play. Let's get an a spider Man homecoming ship. Spider Man far from Home from the homes, who wants tot off with their review non spoilers.
Speaker 4: I can start, I can start. I guess one more. One more thing to mention is obviously if you're on this cast, you're probably interested in Spider Man. We got you covered. We have retros for all of the All the Love Action movies, Toby and the other Guy's name, I forget, the nineties animated show, and the Spider Man game. So go check out all that stuff. If you want more Spider Man action, we have you covered.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so, as I just mentioned, like you know, I've spent a lot of time watching Spider Man stuff in the last couple of years and it's been a lot of fun. And Spider Man's really I mean, he has always been a character that I really like, but he's become one of my favorites just going through all this separate content, and Mysterio is one of my favorite villains from the animated show. Such a fun character, and I really want to Jake Jillenhill. So it's just like all the things I wanted were, you know, coming to fruition with this movie, and I would say I would say it lived up to it somewhat, but I have to say I am a bit disappointed in a few things with this movie. I think there's some like weird writing. There's some really weird choices, like uh, generally like the classmates, like you know, his friends, and like the teachers stuff. They have a lot of screen time in this movie, and I feel like there could have been some other stuff to go into had they chosen to, But instead they put a lot of focus on those characters, which I think is fine, Like is it mostly worked for me? But it just you gotta wonder if that was like what they should have done with the time they were given. Uh, there's a couple of characters that kind of fall a little short because of that. But I think the main thing that I was excited for is Mysterio, just to see what they're gonna do with this character. There is the trailer, like really I guess through different trailers, like there's so many different directions they could have taken the character and what they end up doing the movie, I was incredibly satisfied with. I love the character from like the effects and some of the scenes, but then also just like the character backstory and stuff. I just thought it was all really fun. I would say, like maybe the last like ten percent and the first ten percent of the character I wasn't a big fan of so like the very start, in the very end, but everything in the middle I really really liked so well, it wasn't like a perfect a perfect adaptation, I guess I was still really satisfied with it. As for our main man, Spidey himself, I think he was really fun in this movie, really really good progression for his character. But I guess just some of the relationships and the connections to him I felt were I don't know, maybe a little poorly done or a little underutilized, but overall I was pretty happy with it, still had fun watching it. I think it kind of it's very very close to Homecoming for me, Like Homecoming is a movie that, honestly, each time rewatch it doesn't really get better for me, It either like stays the same or like there's kind of I guess it's not as exciting as I want it to be, Like it's not as rewatchable as I would really hope it is, or as I would hope it should be for how much I like the Spider Man character. But I just find that there's some things in that movie that aren't really all interested, Like it's a very basic kind of story, and I think this one is a lot more interesting. And there's a lot in this movie that, like looking Forward, does some really interesting stuff for the world and the characters. So I'm really excited to see it going forward. But overall, I do have a few cons that go along with all the pros in this one, So I think I'm feeling I'm happy with it, and I'm definitely excited to rewatch. I think it will have more rewatchability than Homecoming if I had to base my prediction off of one viewing. But I think I just wanted a little bit more from my man Spidey, who I've spent so much time with in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Cool, I'll take it from there. Yeah, a little backstory quick. Spider Man's for always been my favorite superhero. I didn't watched like the nineties animate TV show like when I was growing up. I was mostly watching like the one from the sixties.
Speaker 1: Like cheese as Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just I remember waking up like right before school just so I could watch a few episodes of that. Like I just fell in love with it. The theme song is so iconic, and uh yeah, it was just awesome. But yeah, from that adaptation, I just grew. I just fell in love with that character. And here we are today, he's a part of the five universe and just but yeah, so yeah if you throw in all like the recipes that they had in this movie of like Mysterio, which I didn't think I would ever see him in a live action Spider Man movie before, and I was just I was blown away, especially since we saw him like in the trailer. How they I'm really happy. Uh sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself, just as looking general and how they did the fish bowl, because like in the shut or in the comics, it's just like a white bowl, so it's like, how the hell would they do that in a show. But like I really liked that they did with like the fog or like the little like mysticism to it, and and uh yeah, I was just I was over the moon with Mysterio in general, just his look and everything about him. If you guys tune into Travis's and I cast a while ago, we were really speculating whether he was oh yeah, yeah, whether he was the main whether he was the main villain or not. I'll just uh, I'll do that. But uh and.
Speaker 1: You like where it went? I think maybe, yeah, exactly spoiler.
Speaker 2: And I'm like sweaty and I almost about Tom Holmand right there.
Speaker 1: Lose all our sponsors. Everybody's done. That was Near Life. Won't let us donate the money in November.
Speaker 4: We don't want throwing money.
Speaker 2: Our viewership just goes down. But no, just the movie in general, I thought it was lots of fun. I agree with Dylan. It's definitely like borderline Homecoming.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 2: It's not a perfect Spider Man movie. And it's not my favorite Spider Man movie. And I don't even know if I can say it's like one of my favorite Spearman movies. But it's just Tom Holland is, in my eyes, the perfect Spider Man. It's the perfect casting. He is the perfect Peter Parker. He's the perfect Spider Man. When he's in the suit, he just says the perfect quips. He's got the queen's accent, he looks like he's sixteen. Like it's just so many, just so many things are perfect when it comes to that character for me, from my point of view, So I'm just over the moon anytime I get to see him in that suit and everything. So he just he carried it big time for me. And then Jake Jayleen Hall is mysterio. He was. He was definitely great. I was not disappointed whatsoever. I'm excited to go in to spoilers big time and.
Speaker 1: We can tell you yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 2: But overall, I definitely have some cons and we'll probably go into more of that once you guys do your overviews, your overalls, you know your overviews. But uh yeah, I was. Overall, I was really happy with this movie.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: I will go because you know, yeah, you always assume Taylor, Yeah, you never know. Uh so I think you know you know me if you're a longtime fan. If not, you gotta stay with me. But I love my analogies, so I'm gonna use one here. This movie is like a burger. You know, I don't eat me anymore, but a nice beyond meat burger. And the thing is, there's lots of great burger joints out there in the world. And let's say Spiderman Far from Home. As a wrestler, I went there. I ate it, I quite liked it, but it's not one of my favorites. It's not one that if I could pick anywhere to go, I'm gonna go to that one. It's like when you're traveling on the road and you're waiting, you're waiting, you're like, oh, I see, okay. I like that one. But it has some stuff in the burger where it's like, oh, really nice ripe tomatoes, but they'll let us ound a little not so great or like that sauce. I use not the grace. It's not a prime burger. It doesn't have just a complete package. And that's what this is for me. I love things about this movie, but I don't love this movie. And I think it's now and I think there's two sides to the coin. There's one if I can full admit that, I think I'm just not a big fan of this adaptation of Spider Man. It's not to the extent of like a Jared Lettle joker. It's like, oh, this is awful. It's just they do things that, hey, it's not really for me, or they do things I've said this a million time. I'm sorry, but I just feel like they do things to just really try to be different, and sometimes I think it hurts them. So that's one thing flat out where I think some stuff they do do very well, but I'm just not a fan of it. But then on the flip side, there's stuff that whether it is the new adaption or whether it's just old school stuff that they don't really do well, and there's some kind of lazy writing in this movie and it's kind of weird. Then I don't know if I chalk that up to being a Sony partnership as well, because it sometimes feels like it's not an MCU. It feels like those Spider Man of even Maguire and Garfield, just like, oh, that didn't make sense to that, Like even Venom like stuff when you're like, why would they do this? And that's what I feel. This is nowhere near the quality of Venom, But it's just like this things that I feel that are usually the MCU is so tight and put together. This didn't have that For some pros. Tom Holland he's perfect, He's I wish I could take him and put him in those Toby movies, even though the Toby movies are not perfect, but just like I'd love to see him in these ones because I just obviously I prefer most of those. But he's perfect, he does everything well. Ultimate Spiderman is my favorite Spiderman in the car and he's kind of that vain so he pulls off that in the Peter Parker so well, we've talked about him and since Civil War, so there's not much more to say on him other than just he knocks out of the park again. He's fantastic. It's funny that this movie has a theme of they want him to be the new Iron Man, because it does feel like that where Iron Man's soul films for me are not that great other than the first one, and then I love him in the Team um Ups. And that's kind of what I have with Spider Man, where I love him in Cilar, I love him in Finny War. But the movies are They're good. They're not awful. I really, and I know I'm gonna sound negative. I really enjoyed parts of this movie and love especially the second half. I feel the second half it's really strongest movie. The first half. I feel they either, like what Dale was saying, they could have focused on some stuff or they could have just cut some stuff. I know, like this movie. This movie is only two hours, but that beginning and I'm something that likes slow stuff, but it felt slow. It dragged for quite a while, and I think the other thing that sucks for me is the humor didn't hit as much. So I think if you found almost the humor, I think.
Speaker 4: They used the same joke a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like if you liked humor, then the beginning wasn't slow because you were laughing so much. And that's the thing. I'm the same as these two over here where it's so tough to me at place against Homecoming because there's things I really like about Homecoming and dislike and it's almost the reverse in this one, because I find Homecoming way more funnier than this. But then the romance and this is way better than anything that happened in Homecoming. Mysterio they did perfect. But then I also think Keen's performance is a bit better, just because I think he had some more media stuff. But then Mysterio as an entity is perfect. I don't know when, but I think whenever we start this podcast, I've been talking about years I've want to see Mystereia Masterio is one of my favorites, and that's thing. At the end of the day, I will rewatch this movie a bunch because they gave me what I feel is pretty much a perfect adaption of what i'd want mysteria, and they could have went many routes, but they just knocked that out of the park. So there is some great things in here. I made a list of any nonspoiler stuff. Martin sorry plays a teacher. I just love that character so much. A kind of spoilers, but he's just so good. I won't say that's maybe it's a bit too spoilery. I love the well. I won't say. I liked the score a lot better this one than the first one. I'm still not a fan. It's still lower tier. Put the everything, the game, the movies Raymie and Maguire up there, and Garfield, but this one actually has tracks. I'm listening to, specifically mysterious theme. It's great. Anytime he'd show up, fantastic. I was bike riding to today. Let's see anything else. No, I don't think anything else non spoiler. So yeah, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but I didn't love a lot of things in here. And there was some kind of lazy writing, poor editing. And this is very hyperbolic, but it does make me a little worried with the X Men coming because I just kind of worre I love X Men so much, and I'm you know, I don't want to get this treatment where it's like we gotta be different or we gotta do this, and you know, and and Spider Man it's not as important as X Men, but he's one of my favorite characters. If you don't know, I have my daughter is named after a Spider Man character. So I love Spider Man and this name is Peter. Yeah. Yeah, she's gonna hate me when she's older. But yeah, so I enjoyed this movie. Again, it's when I will rewatch in the future, and I would not It's not the worst Spider Man by far, but it's definitely not the best. So I'm excited to getting to spoilers be more specific about my problems. So, but definitely kind of that mid mid lower tier MCU for me. And we're going to do a rankings episode for Comic Con. So yeah, it's called the Infindy Saga. So Taylor take us away in this non spoilers, so I'm gonna earlier.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was on the cast, but I said I'd one up Kirkland's story here so for a theater experience, Yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually mention my story for the viewers.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I mentioned it real quick.
Speaker 2: Super annoying, Yeah, super annoying preteens that were just talking journal so me, yeah, exactly. Thank you for summing that up real quick.
Speaker 4: You got a timber in your mouth, so I'm trying to help.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I should just let you talk for me, just let you drown over there.
Speaker 3: So the theater was pretty packed, and me and Madison, you know, we're sitting there and just there's people in the theater. You just know in the previews that they're going to be talking, you know, you can just you can tell.
Speaker 1: And there was a group of three of them. There was two girls, one guy.
Speaker 3: They're about fifteen years old or something like that, and you know, you just I think, in you know, the first opening kind of period for Marvel movie, these you don't piss off the fans. There's diehards in the theater, and I could sense it. But I I knew, like, okay, I'm gonna have to probably say something of these kids just how it goes, and uh, when the the lights dimmed and the opening scene popped in literally within five seconds. They were still chatting, and the guy in front of them, he's got his glasses on everything. He immediately turns around and says, can you shut the fuck up?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Can you please shut the fuck up? And I did you not people? Some guy in the top leg oh yeah, oh yeah, guy emphasized the he did.
Speaker 1: He did. He was laying it out.
Speaker 3: He said fuck three times, told him to shut up, like or be quiet, like can you guys shut the or yeah, can you guys shut the fuck up?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: He had it, please he said a few times. And then we got buddy in the back corner going, another guy back right going shut up. It was a whole conjoint effort, like Avengers assemble in the theater, let's go. They stopped talking, they shut their traps.
Speaker 2: So it was a little too aggressive for me.
Speaker 4: I feel like, how old was that guy do you think in the in front of them who said to shut the fuck up?
Speaker 1: He was probably like mid twenties, late twenties.
Speaker 2: I was pushing like a fifty year old man.
Speaker 3: No, No, he was young. He was not having any of their shenanigans, you know.
Speaker 4: It was Tom Hollins Brothers like guys.
Speaker 1: It was it was just it was great. It was it was really funny. Do you think of the movie? Yeah, the movie?
Speaker 4: Uh who did you ever get over that? Or were you just fueled with three whole time?
Speaker 1: Look at that? What the guy did?
Speaker 4: I don't know, just the whole scene in general, Like you really set the set, the you gave me like a full scale of the entire room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved it. I just had a big smile on my face. So nice. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I definitely went up my story. So thanks for shure.
Speaker 1: I wasn't trying to.
Speaker 4: But I don't think I've ever had like like I've had very passive aggressive sh like very loudly. But I think it's different than just saying you shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was right because the kids were in front of and the road right in front, and then he was in the road right there, right in front. So when he turned around, like you had the fully emergen, full immersion experience, I had the three D glasses on, so it was like even like he was you could.
Speaker 4: Smell his piano. He's just raging at these fifteen year olds.
Speaker 2: Oh, no.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for the movie itself, I have to say that it just it blew me away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I absolutely just fell in love with this movie.
Speaker 1: It for me, it topped Homecoming.
Speaker 4: And you're a big Homecoming fan, the big I'm a big Homecoming.
Speaker 1: Fan, yeah big.
Speaker 3: Uh it's uh, It's just I loved everything about it. Mysterial blew me away with what they did, and uh, you spider Man Tom Holland blew me away.
Speaker 1: I love Ned.
Speaker 3: He's one of my favorites in the MCU, and he was just great in this movie, just so much. I didn't mind the the you know, the teacher stuff just there. There was so much in it and the story and everything that I loved, and I just.
Speaker 1: It's not really do you feel.
Speaker 2: Like you loved the movie so much that the parts that might have been weaker you didn't really care, like you didn't they just kind of.
Speaker 3: It's water under the bridge, Yeah, it water under the bridge didn't bother me. A lot of the human water, A lot of water, A lot of water under the London Bridge.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I I.
Speaker 2: Heard that rattled my ear.
Speaker 1: Would you please shut the fuck up? Like, please, please please?
Speaker 3: But there I just there was so much about this movie I loved, and as I was walking on the theater, I thought, I looked for my madis and I'm like, I need to see this movie again, you know, and it's gonna be again one of those two dozen times I watched this.
Speaker 1: You know, this movie, it's a given.
Speaker 3: And with the with the Marvel ranking coming up soon, like I already know where I'm gonna put this movie. It's gonna be a dangerous rank. I don't know, you have to stay tuned whiplash. But it's just it was such.
Speaker 1: A good movie.
Speaker 3: I I I never really could figure out like how they would represent mysterial on the big screen. But like, I'm glad I didn't like think too much at this point because you everyone could have read too much into it, like a mysterio is this or that and this.
Speaker 1: But it's like at the end of the day, it's just like, no, just go in.
Speaker 3: Don't don't try and figure him out, you know, just going in, enjoy the ride.
Speaker 2: I seriously wish that I didn't watch the trailer before this movie. I'm gonna go I'm gonna go hard on my biggest erk of this entire movie.
Speaker 1: I think I know. Yeah, it's a second. It's like they did this Homecoming too. I'm gonna from trailer. Yeah yeah, maybe when we may.
Speaker 4: I think I might know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's tough because I want to say, like we have this rule at the beginning of the year, we do our twenty whatever the year is preview, and now we make this rule that we can pick one movie not do your trailer. I'd pick an experiment, but it's so tough for the podcast not to do that. So so he just has to get better.
Speaker 4: When you're that contract with Marvel that we need to talk about all their stuff.
Speaker 2: And rave and love, you will stop the funds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots. If you ask the.
Speaker 4: Hunk Hunker boys, Oh yeah, they there's something else.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Anything else, Taylor, No, I'm just really wondering what you're talking about right now. It's pretty always we can we can, you know, swing right in sole, gentlemen, this is your last chance. I think we'd all recommend it to a certain point of view. Yeah, we didn't actually mention that, but I would say, you know what you're getting with MCU like that's why I don't really do them, because if you don't like the MCU, you don't like this Spider Man, know, you.
Speaker 4: Want to see Mysterios Bologna on the Big Stroy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell the thing with like the whole this adaptation of like Spider Man, Tom holand Sweater and whatever you call it. It's definitely like a tone down from like something like Avengers in Finney War Endgame, especially since those are more serious tone like this is just more light heart, you know, which is like a fun like there's definitely like a different type of humor than we had in those Avengers movies. And it's just I don't know, I don't know the right word to say for I want to say it's more like kiddish, but it's not really because it's kind of like.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it serves as an effective like epilogue right to this saga. It's like a nice, like happy note at that end.
Speaker 1: Of yeah that is maybe not kitty but teeny like those pretty teeny yeah yeah, those girls and so many Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also more like lighthearted as opposed to the emotional torture we went through Avengers.
Speaker 1: Loss exactly like breath of fresh air of like, oh, things are gonna be okay, and then it's a great exam stuff happens. All right, this is your last chance. We're getting the spoilers three to one gig versus So, yes, we're gonna talk about that Kirk is off.
Speaker 2: Just so, My biggest of this entire movie didn't even happen in the movie. It was actually the trailer that MJ revealed that she knew that Peter was Spider Man, and it felt so incredibly unnecessary at the time, and I remember seeing that we broke it down on the cast that we had. I was really hoping that it was just kind of a joke, like she was like just kidding around, which, like, I guess it could happen with that character. She's kind of I don't know, she's got a weird thing. Yeah, yeah, exactly, So like I was really hoping that that would be the case. Unfortunately, it wasn't exact same It was the exact same scene and it takes a bit longer, but I was gonna say, like the way that they handled in the movie, I was actually really ok with. I was really happy. I like that it didn't happen right away. It like I was just, yeah, it was so frustrating have that in the back of my mind because throughout the movie he's doing some pretty like sketchy things of not being like a Cape crusader you could call him. And uh it was I was like, Okay, this might be a part where she kind of sees like or she's trying to figure it out, and like when she actually does figure it out, she wasn't a hundred percent sure, sixty seven percent sure. And I like how they kind of explained like she like she figured it out on her own, but I already knew that.
Speaker 1: And tiler that Sony put out seeing there on that bridge might oh here it comes exactly. It's not even like the Figy like Tricker remarkt where it's like all hulks in the scene. No he's not. It's just like, and especially my always complains been that that's not a thing you need to reveal. I almost would understand pre endgame and f anywhere, But it's just like they're dealing with mysterio, they're dealing with Tony's death, they're dealing with now the blip, Like there's so much stuff. It's just they shoot themselves in the foot for no reason because the whole movie I thought, Oh, it's common, it's common, it's coming. And then it's just felt when I'm watching it's so honest that she is gonna find out, which is fine because we'll talk about like the very end.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of things that change it for me. One is I like, like, there's so many of these comic movies where it's like, now, how do these people not figure out that this guy's clearly like Clark, like he's clearly Superman or something, right, But and she just lays it out like in that sense, it's like you're always going like you always go missing as soon as you show up. So I like the way she plotted out because it's like and it always kind of kind of bugs me and back ahead movies, it's like, clearly this guy is the superhero. It's like the hand of Montana thing. You know, clearly that's Hannah Montana, like very much obvious.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent agree with that. And like I said, like, I am really happy with the way that they took it in the movie, but it just killed me having that revealed in the trailer. I will never understand why they did that, Like it's just such a new serm because you can.
Speaker 4: Still have it where she figures it out, but you don't need to have that conversation or maybe she like hints at it or is like teasing him or something, and then maybe it doesn't get revealed until the end of the movie because it would have had been revealed in movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Either way, if I hadn't seen in the trailer, I would have I would have been unsure. I would have been is she gonna find out? Like who else is going to figure out? Like obviously it is, like it is pretty obvious, And I did like that the way she broke it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just super I think maybe really, when you think about, like one of the reasons they maybe had to do it is because they don't have a ton of scenes together. Yeah, those two because because the I mean the point of it is that like he kind of has to do all this ship and he can't be with her and then there's like this love triangle thing going on. Yeah, so I guess that's maybe whise they didn't have like other great scenes. But also it's just like Sony, Yeah, they're fucking weird ass marketing.
Speaker 2: See, yeah, that's the big thing, because I remember when I first saw the trailer, I was really unhappy with I'm like, how can Marvel make that mistake? Like they're still good at making trailers. And then you guys brought to my attention that it's actually Sony in charge like the marketing for the movie and everything, and I was just like, oh, yeah, Big Taylor could do much better. He has, he has he made.
Speaker 4: You know, there may or may not be a Spider Man on a very poster that he may or may not have made. It looks better than.
Speaker 2: Great poster, shouts out of tailor.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lay down another trailer thing on you hair. Sure, So this isn't actually this is a ok.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in the trailer, you see Spider Man in the what's the what's the nano suit that he has? What's it called again, the Iron suit? Yeah, the Iron suit, Iron Spider suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we see him actually taking out criminals and he actually like talks and makes a joke to the cops.
Speaker 1: That whole scene was cut out of the movie. Well, there's a lot of scenes. There's a scene where Feury says the snap bike created the mansion, like a tear in the dimension and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So they took out a lot of the last thing I'm okay with, but I wanted to see Iron Spider fight and do some stuff, and.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that scene.
Speaker 4: You see him open a curtain with Iron Spider.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with an actual plot point being taken out, but a fight scene, Oh, I should have been there there. It was probably a good looking fight scene, I'm sure, but uh yeah, as far as like that the trailer, that sucks. But at least with m J and Peter, I really liked where they went with that, and I especially because I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her as MJ after Homecoming?
Speaker 2: Did you like her more than this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, because she's very one note, she's just kind of there. And then it was also the like the rush of dealing with Okay, this is MJ now and it's not. It's just a really different take and everything like that. So I end up liking that they flushed her out. You got a lot more scenes with them, So I really like that because I remember the romance between Peter and Liz and Homecoming super weak, and it is supposed to be like high schooling, but when you compare to like Toby and Uh and j which is not the grace, but still and then Andrew and Emmastone, and she's like, oh and now this is like the laying of the foundations. But I liked them all. I liked her, kind of like her reasoning for the way she is and whatnot him liking her for being weird and dark, and all their scenes and just when it's like, oh, you know this bridge was used to X execute people, they would just you know, would drown them in buckets, and it's like they really flushed her. They didn't flush her out to like to be this great, great character. But I thought it was the Jim. Yeah, there's a building stages where I think we're go get more. Even down to their first awkward kiss was great. It's very high school. So yeah, I went. I don't know if I did a full one to eighty, but maybe like a one because I didn't dislike her, but I was kind of thinking it could be kind of annoying too. And I think if they wouldn't have done more with her the way she wasn't homecoming, I would have been annoyed because she was just one note. She's just a joke, a joke, a joke, and we actually get to see her be emotion on her figure out. Peter was aspier. Man was good. Trailer kind of ruined it, but that was I like the way they did it. And she kicked some button here too. Gets yea. I really liked him and I'm excited to see more.
Speaker 2: That's a good point because I feel like in Homecoming, I wasn't really sure how I felt about her just because she wasn't really like she didn't have anything to do much about it, right, it was like the love interest in them. It was Liz, and then she was just kind of like the weird kid. Yeah, exactly, so I definitely and like I was, I don't know, I felt like I was kind of unsure on her because I was just like, it's not like I don't like her, because there's no real reason for me not like her. I haven't really seen much about her. They haven't killed that kid.
Speaker 4: It's just like very distant exactly that we know.
Speaker 2: But this one, I really like. They're super awkward, like dynamics, and then just all of her comment her her witty comments is pretty good and uh, I just really like that character.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I I thought there was some good moments to the comedy of like the love triangle aspect with do you remember the guy's name? The other guy? I think they I think they maybe over dead Davis. That's one of the jokes I was talking about where they like us the same joke kind of multiple times. But I think there was some good comedy to be had there, Like even when they're just like leaving the hotel and he's just like sitting on the couch and like looking up like it's a very quick shot, but I thought he was, like, I mean, it wasn't really like a love trunckle, didn't feel like one, even though it's kind of what it was on paper. But I thought that was like a fun element to it, I guess, And I mean it was. It was funny just to see, like obviously this movie addresses like what happened, what happens like after the snap, right like where some people age some people don't, and that's kind of like a funny scenario that would happen, and it did. So it was kind of it was cool.
Speaker 2: To see that because like they're playing dodgeball and the band just comes back.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was fun. Yeah, I don't know if I loved the Vario, not the Verial, but like the newscast thing. Yeah, it's just that I just don't know if I'm ready to have those heroes be their death because meet it at this point. So I kind of it grew on me. But it was a little like, okay, it's a wound is still fresh for Travis. Well, yeah, it's just I don't know, it's it's a little strange. But I like those little news things and I like Betty Brant being around and whatnot. That was the joke that over did it for me. I liked her and ned but eventually.
Speaker 4: Was yeah, it was the same thing.
Speaker 1: I had enough and it was I liked the setup of it because it is like that happens in high school all the time, like things like that, just like a summer love right and like very relatable thing and couldn't really no, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I once stated a girl because she stole my pencil because school, because it's a reason, so blackmail. But I actually did like her, but a long story, Yeah, so that's a relatable for me. That isn't no prep that's that's a long afternoon.
Speaker 4: I want to say it like I was.
Speaker 1: I liked that setup of like, oh, they just fell for each other, but then it was just way too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that. I mean, the reason that pops up is because they needed something for Ned to do in this movie. So that's why I don't like it, is because it didn't feel genuine didn't feel like, Okay, we have a good idea with Ned, let's go with this storyline. He just felt more like we'll just make him like, you know, have this kind of ongoing joke because in the first movie, he's like helping out a lot. He's the guy in the chair, right, He's doing this stuff. He even like gets the webshooter at one point and like takes out Chalker, helps helps Peter take Chalker down, right, But you don't get any of that. He's useless in this movie, right, He's just sitting around. He's like the damsel in distress in the in the ferris wheel, and then the same thing at the very end of the movie when the robots are coming in to get them in like the armory. So he doesn't do anything in this movie. He's just kind of relegated to a comedic relief character. That's why I was kind of let down by him, because, yeah, he actually had something to do in the first movie. In this time around, it seemed like they were like struggling to find something for him to do, so they just gave him this other storyline, and I think there was some good Like I did laugh at a few of the instances of that relationship because I just think his dialogue is funny. He's good delivering the lines. But like that, like if MJ went from a like flat character to a dynamic character, he did the opposite, which is kind of my I mean, he didn't have like a lot of layers in the first movie even but at least he had like he actually had an impact on the plot somewhat, So.
Speaker 2: It's a good point. Yeah, yeah, no, I I don't know. I felt like, especially since I just saw it like less than twenty four hours ago, it's still still need to process some things. But uh no, it definitely makes a lot more sense. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't more like the guy on the chair or like the guy in Peter's ear, you know, just like helping him out behind the scenes. It was more of just like, yeah, you guys should go to the opera. Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm totally down.
Speaker 4: And it's like hard to envision how with like the story they went with, like how Ned would have helped, Like how would he have fit in, especially when he has when Peter has like Shield working for him or like doing the computer stuff. So it like it wouldn't have made sense, no, but it's still like you gotta consider it. Like I guess I.
Speaker 2: Could definitely see in it just being from like a writer's standpoints, like I don't really know what we should do with this character. This is just give him like a summer flaing thing, which, like it definitely like I definitely laughed at a lot of that humor, and it was pretty funny how it set up, Like yeah, like the whole plan that they were gonna switch that Peter and MJ could sit next to each other and they just totally it was great. Yeah, it was like I really liked like that little uh, that little h like scene of the plane stuff.
Speaker 4: That was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's like not even that, but that's the stuff which is MJ and Peter. There they had good chemistry. But I loved all the kind of high school romance stuff of trying to talk to the idea that was done so well, where in the first one it was just hey, Liz, you want to go to the dance? Oh sure, they've had no conversations like why do you want to go? You know, it was just very and that can be high school too. But I liked the way like it was a fun kind of cat and mouse, Oh will they won't they? And I liked how that was portrayed. And maybe it's a hot take, but I was actually happy with what they did with Ned because I'm not really a big Ned fan, so I was actually kind of happy they benched him because it's kind of like my my thor Red Rockets, Like I know, it actually makes any sense.
Speaker 4: I feel like he had like almost the stam on a screen time though may I.
Speaker 1: Think he was around a lot, but I feel like Inspirament and Homecoming, he was just talking a lot more. And uh yeah, I'm you know, that's just the first thing I find them being benched. And maybe he's benched again in the third one. Oh yeah, yeah, let's see what you have anything to say on the romance, especially Ned as well.
Speaker 4: You're a big Ned guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all about Ned. I think he's just he's fantastic. I love his humor. I just he's great. He's just cheery, and you know, I enjoy that. Yeah, the romance, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a much of a romantic life in high school. So but you know, I mean, this is the twenty first century and these kids are popping off.
Speaker 2: So that's not how I thought another afternoon contact.
Speaker 1: But no, it was compared to the first one.
Speaker 3: The first one is definitely like that that awkward kinda I don't know, you guys seen that commercial that comes before the movies where the kid drinks the iced tea and he gets the confidence and he goes to talk to the girl and he doesn't and it's like, oh, I don't got the confidence and he sits back down. I felt like that was the romance in the first Spider Man Homecoming.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And now in this he's drank two ice teas and he's good to go. Well understand, because I don't even I understood.
Speaker 4: And it might be a Canadian one only as.
Speaker 2: Well I think it is.
Speaker 1: It might be Yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: Kind of, but you know it's I definitely like how it kind of built up and he was trying to get to that kind of moment just to talk with her, and.
Speaker 1: I loved I loved it so much.
Speaker 3: When he's like, I thought that was Pepper Potts in in uh that Prague or whatever, a.
Speaker 1: Little small village.
Speaker 3: They stopped him and you see the blonde or whatever in the doorway, I was like, is that Pepper? And he goes in there and she's then I'm like, that's Pepper Potts.
Speaker 1: That's Pepper Potts, and do please, please please.
Speaker 3: But I love that scene where he's taking his clothes off and the guy just comes in and just takes the picture.
Speaker 1: Fucking Brad, But yeah, I thought I thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: The whole ordeal between him and uh Peter Parker. I thought that was pretty good because, yeah, Brad just he kind of bothered me. It's like MJ has the right to know. She deserves to know the truth.
Speaker 1: Trying.
Speaker 3: That's how being a hero, that's how you make enemies, you know. I mean that could have been That's like the equivalent to Aldridge Kensing Aldridge iron Man's Alderge Kensington on the really Chillington Kensington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just quickly going back to the uh uh.
Speaker 1: The Aldridge Killian is that real name? Yes, I'll never remember what's his name? Killian? Okay Alex which this movie I'll bring up is very much like Iron Man.
Speaker 2: Three, just going back to I actually don't think I've finished Iron Man three.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna rank it at Comic Con?
Speaker 2: I'll watch it YouTube.
Speaker 1: Man, he's not.
Speaker 4: Watch on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's such a fucking lie. Every day I'm gonna say, oh, have you watched I Won three yet? And you watch that in three.
Speaker 5: Yet, you're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: All right. But back to the plane scene. I really like, uh like how the plan just goes totally upside down and then like the way that they used like that the teacher with it too, and he's just like, oh yeah, he's like perfume allergies are released. Like that whole character. I just really like.
Speaker 4: Talked about his wife.
Speaker 1: I tell you about my wife. She pretend she was that it was he's everything he did.
Speaker 4: I was a big that I Freaking Gigs is one of my favorite shows. And he's like in that show and that shows a while ago, so he's like just the awkward kid in that show, and I'm so happy to see him in this movie. And I like that he had more screen time in one sense because he is really funny. But that kind of leads back to what I was saying of, like, yeah, maybe we could use the screen time for something a little more like deeply meaningful in the story or something. But I still I love that actor. He's such a funny guy. And yeah, he was only in like I feel like a couple of scenes in the first movie, so it was cool to have more of him.
Speaker 1: Did you like both teachers?
Speaker 4: Didn't? With the second teacher, the new one, I don't think we needed him just because it's like it's a new character, Like did we really need this in the story? He just says like Witchcraft seven times. It's like I don't know if I really need that character in my in my movie, right, because like what does he do like for the plot? Nothing, Like he has no reason and he just like uses the same joke over and over, and like if it was a character in the first movie, shirt be cause it's like building upon that world or something. But it's not. It's just some new guy. Like if it was Hannibal, who is the gym teacher in First one, then I would have been down for that, yeah, because you know, he's a funny guy. But also it just would have been cool to see like another character back, I guess. But because that guy's not in the first movie, right.
Speaker 1: No, Jamie Smooth is not. Yeah, so he used that witchcraft joke way too much, That's.
Speaker 4: What I said. I said that he just said that like seven times, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by that. I like, yeah, I like that guy outside of this movie. He's a comedian and he's pretty funny. But yeah, maybe Hamibers just couldn't make it so they got JB. Smooth instead.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I like some of his humor worked for me, but it was mostly just like I don't know, just little like quick things he said, and then once we saw him more in the movie, it was just it was too much. Like for me, I was I don't know, there's too much witchcraft for me, I'd say little too much.
Speaker 3: I am big on mythological things and stuff like that, So when he's popping off with the witchcraft, I was laughing every time. I thought it was great. I love how quick jabs. He's like it's like this witchcraft.
Speaker 1: You know. I just I like that quick. You know, it's just good. I love that. Oh well, okay, we should probably dive into some deeper stuff now kind of did some four play. So where do we want to start because we got, you know, mysterio, the twist we got, I want to start.
Speaker 2: Take us away.
Speaker 3: When he immediately did the flip and dived into the special effects and just mind fucking Spider Man, I like I had to pull like readjust my three D glasses and like get in my seat, like this was.
Speaker 1: A wild ride.
Speaker 3: I love you to get in your seat. I was like, you got out of your seat and please, like I can't stress it enough, ladies and gentlemen. When Mysterio pops off with the special effects on Peter Parker, it is so good, dead iron Man crawling out of the gray with the Spider on his on his broken helmet and you know, just like the statue and just like oh just him like going to punch and he punches a brick wall and he's just falling out of the bill like it's just it was good.
Speaker 2: Though I'm just gonna call him like dream sequences for lack of a better trippy sequences. Those were so well done and I was so happy with that. And like, uh, shortly before that, I think is when like the switch of the halfway point of the movie, because I remember like near getting near to the it might've just been dragging from like the beginning of the movie. I was sort of just being like I don't really know how I feel about this movie right now, Like, uh, there's another scene where I can talk about after, but it's just like I wasn't really digging it. And then I was just like, man, this isn't looking good for like what I was really anticipating this movie would be. And then as soon as it got to that certain point and then we got to see like those mysterio like trippy scenes, it just blew me away. Like I was so engaged. I was just I was loving it. Like the special effects were so good and like it's just perfect thing to do for a character like that, right, And uh, yeah, do you guys want to talk about the spitial effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they knocked out the part that's fall on com books that's falling and made show they just that's everything I wanted, and I think that that's why I'll talk more about later. But the second half is so good once that reveal happens, and I think maybe that's the problem is like I know mysterious, we know that's gonna have him a serial, So that first half you're just kind of waiting, And that's why I think it shouldn't have been a first half. It should have been a first quarter because it went on for way too long. We know something's gonna happen, whether it's a different dimension on. But once that switch happens, everything from him being like an actual director, so it's kind of that tribute to kind of a special effects guy. I'll talk about his origin after, but the way he's directing the scenes, he's kind of a little caring for Peter, but not too much about like the oh the bloods given me on your hands and yeah, all that trippy stuff is fantastic. It's just that's I wish I should shut the noll and spoils. But that's like for me right now, a bolt point of one of the best scenes as far as like a Golden Geek's nomination.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's one of the best scenes in like all of the MCU.
Speaker 1: That's a top ten or right there maying top five. They just like to it with a dead iron Man, which is a shout to Marvel Zombies. Just everything the suit's constantly changing.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was everything I ever want to see. And that's why for this is like a movie I'll always rewatch because I got to see that live action. That's all the the stereial stuff they did perfectly. So yeah, that was great.
Speaker 4: That I love. The first instance of the trip sequence is really it's like reminds me a lot of that scene in Doctor Strange where he gets like punched through that dimensional hole and you're going through all that stuff, which I also love that scene, but this one feels like that, but it also has like a pretty big story impact because it ends with him getting hit by a fucking train, which is pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Was really intense. I was not expecting that at all.
Speaker 4: That's that's crazy, and yeah, I just love that sequence. That was like, that's why I love Mysterio, because I really all I know of Mysterio is pretty much from like the animated show. And then that's like he's not even that interesting of a character, like like.
Speaker 1: Just making his story. Beck is not an interesting character.
Speaker 4: He's pretty bland, Like he's a very very basic kind of character. But it's just like the trippy sequence is how colorful it is the look all of that, and and like that scene alone is just it fully satisfied my mysterio on the big screen, Like that is exactly what I wanted, and I just wanted more of it. I know it like probably costs a lot of money to make that scene, and like maybe it didn't need it, like it happened kind of at the end, but I just love that scene so much. And then as you guys mentioned the bar scene, I love that as well. It's almost like a black mirror moment where it just like shifts into something that you were totally not expecting just in.
Speaker 2: The bar as an actor, right, yeah, good.
Speaker 4: And to me, like I loved his whole dialogue there. It was super weird. It was very cult like I felt like he came across as like a cult leader and just how weird, like they're cheering for all these people that they hated. It was such a strange scenario, but it was so interesting to me. I was like instantly just like super gripped into that character, and I, yeah, I agree with you guys that it started off like you know, obviously we're waiting for something, this is like a little a little basic. But when it made that turn, I was I was totally satisfied, and I think it's like multiplied because I don't know, I felt like his first couple scenes where I don't know if it was the dialogue or the acting. I have to see the movie again to really tell, but like something seemed off to me. I was like I was just getting bad vibes, like not the Speci effect stuff, but just the scenes where he's in like with the Shield agents, like in the whatever, the sewer wherever they were, and just talking to them. Like I just felt like the dialogue was was pretty basic, or maybe acting wise, it was a little basic. But like in retrospect, knowing that that's like what the like from the character's perspective, that makes sense. It's like a guy who's trying to act, but he's not an actor, so it makes sense that it's like it would feel a bit off. So I'm curious how that's gonna hit me the second time I watch a movie if it still feels a little jarring, or if it's like, damn, they did that really well done. I thought it was like some weird acting, but it's actually like, well it was weird acting from a character who was acting act weird. Yeah, so it all kind of like ties back, and then I just don't know how I feel about the like the ending, like the send off of the character one because I don't want him dead. I really really hope he's not dead, which he dies in this movie. I mean, you know, there's always ways you can say he's not dead. More holograms, maybe this, that the other thing. Who knows. But I just feel like in that very last scene as well, he kind of came back to dialogue that wasn't really gripping to me anymore. It felt like it was reaching that like basic level that he started at, which I don't know. It wasn't a fully satisfying finish for me, I guess, but like I that's what I said in the in the spoiler free section, but like, yeah, eighty ninety percent of the character I just loved, like love blah love one of my like definitely up there in MCU villains, I would say for me overall, like easily in the top ten.
Speaker 2: So there is one scene. I think it was when Peter goes to meet like with the Shield agents for the second time and he's like oh yeah, blah blah blah beck He's like it's mysterio now and I remember like he does like the odd Yeah, it was really like just creepy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like kind of hamming it up right.
Speaker 1: He was playing that. I thought he was playing that for comedy though. I thought he was trying to just like yeah, I thought he was trying to have something.
Speaker 2: I was creeped out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 4: Peter's like a kid, He's like being lighthearted. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's trying to play up like oh, this is a little goofy, you know, like we have these costumes and whatnot. Because yeah, I thought the same thing as because I guess it's such a balance because you have Gillen Hall, which is the reason you get an actor like that, because that scene, the reveal could have been pretty bad because it's just five minutes an exposition of like you did this and you were screwing and you did this, like on script, that's a very boring scene. So you gotta get him. And then yeah, I remember when the first little bit, I'm like, man, Joel Hall's really phoned in. He just wanted to paycheck. And now for me, it does work as far as okay, he's just trying to portray a good guy, do gooder, bland hero, you know. And that's why he doesn't want to even come him off as like a Tony Stark like arrogant, might make mistake. He just wants to seem like a plain white meat babyface. And that's why I like Peter giving him the glasses. It's a total Peter Parker young guy mistake, like oh you trust you? Like he's no on this guy for fucking a day or two and he's like, oh Tony would want you to have this. It's like just at least like wait a few days. But that's that's a classic Spider Man move, you know. So yeah, I thought everything they did with him was really well and that's why they got Chill and Hall. I mean, he was I think having a real fun time once they did the shift because he's just hamming it up. He's chewing the scene where he's very he's very out there in a way, and I liked it quite.
Speaker 2: He's definitely like out there and very like director like and like friendly. But then there's also like when he would get like angry, he just like he just seemed like yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Whole scene where it was kind of like him and the bar, I thought it was very well done. I think, you know, when he put on the glasses. The whole time, I felt like he was trying to act like Tony Stark, even when he put him on and did like this little hair flip, just he was trying to mimic Tony Stark, and I feel like he was trying to convince Peter Parker and persuade him to see like that, you know, wow, he looks like a Tony Stark. And he kind of did when he put on the glasses too. I mean, he really looked like it.
Speaker 1: But I was worried in the mill, not worried, but what I was singing the mill it seeing that Peter was going to force him put on the glasses and it was gonna say something of like it was gonna read him and Peter would get it. But no, it didn't happen, So I was wrong there.
Speaker 3: I really really laughed when it was pointing he was doing his speech and uh pointing out to all the people and was doing the quick little flashbacks. But his flashback when Tony Stark's like, yeah, we'd call it bar for something, and he's often the curtain in his face.
Speaker 1: So good. So that's what I want to talk about next, because I'm the reverse of I don't have any problems with the endings, but the problem with the origin is I'm kind of I'm fine with it. They set up it's fun and you get the guy from Ironman one back, so hit some fun stuff. For me where the laziness comes in, it's just that it's an another villain directly. Oh, because Tony Starts screwed me over. I'm gonna you would like that though. You like all of Tony starts faults, don't you. But but for me, it's the fact that we got Vulture. His exact story is he bought a bunch of equipment to do a job. Tony bought that job and then sent him and made him pretty much, you know, in debt, and then he had to turn to a life of crime. This is not that exact same story, but it's the same thing of Hey, Tony screwed us all over and we gotta come back and get him. And the thing is that sucks is I get that Iron Man just died, so we probably weren't gonna get a flashback. But I think I would have been much more on board if we got a scene of them interacting. I understood vulture in him because it was just by circumstance he screwed over Adrian Tombs. This is he worked with him, and all we get is quinbeckx SA's he said I was unstable, and they show that later on he's unstable. But that's where I love what they did with him. But his motivations, as far as a villain, they're still pretty weak and they're pretty and that's fine because it's a mysterio. But that's where it's still like someone like a Vulture for me, still gets the upper hand. He's not in that to me kill Monger Thanoh's Loki tier. He's in like I saw a B tier. And that's the problem is because I one I felt it was just a little lazy, but like, oh, he was unstable, why what, like just give us an example of what happened that why Tony would fire you know, because in this and since just Tony took his like, I would be unsable too if Tony just took all my shit and renamed and everything like that. So I want more on that. And again I just think it's again. If it wasn't back to back, it'd be fine. But why do we have to make him an iron Man villain again? You know, like we just had that a vulture, We just had that, and just feels like experiment gets less of identity. We already have so much with iron Man, with him being dead and then the equipment and then his villain is he's pretty much an iron Man villain that's just going after spier Man because iron Man is dead. So for me, that was it felt they took a really lazer out, like, oh, just make him Tony screwed him over. Oh great, And it's like, okay, we just did. We literally just did.
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't say he was an iron Man villain. He just he wanted to. He didn't want to kill iron Man or anything like that. He just wanted to take over and be that hero because he knew that everything else was gone.
Speaker 1: But I mean, said man is the point of his origin of evil? Right if Tony doesn't steals a quick screw him over. He's just still working out.
Speaker 4: I agree to an extent, Like I think if if, because you have to think about, like when was that turn where Iron Man did that to him? That's like the start of Civil War essentially, right somewhere in that time. Yeah, so that's like Tony has already passed the point of being in a total asshole at that point, like in terms of the MCU, right, and like his growth as a character, He's still is kind of an asshole in that movie, but it's different then. I feel like in the first Iron Man, like one and two and stuff, he's.
Speaker 1: Just like, well, you could make the case because in that time, for me, is locking his friends up in prison though, right, so you can make the case that he's also the height of his asshole.
Speaker 4: Miss Yeah, I know, but eh, maybe.
Speaker 1: He puts Falcon in jail, he puts Scarlett Witch in jail, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel like reason, Yeah, but I feel like in the first Iron Man and stuff, he would just like fire someone without giving a shit about their life, whereas he had like he had reasons in Civil War. And that's why I mean, I think Civil war is so good is because they both have good reasons. But I do see what you mean, Like I don't know if maybe it would have been different if that was like really early on. I stuff. I'm cool with the tie back to like that timeline. I think it. I think it still works, and I think he makes some good points. But at the end of the day, for me, like Ironman has had such a massive impact on this world. He has saved it multiple times. He's like really anything about it. Like he, like Robert Downey Junior, is like largely responsible for how big this stuff is in the first place. So just like the impact that he has, it makes sense that it's like it's kind of always trickled down. There's like his his choices as a person are always going to affect things, and he has been so influential and he just like it shows that even after his death, like people are still against him for like certain reasons, even though he literally gave up his life for like these people to continue on living. So I don't know, I was I guess I was fine with it, even though it is sort of a retread of Vulture. I feel like Vulture, maybe it is like directly tied to Ironman, but I took it more as like a just superhero like because of the all the supers, not just iron.
Speaker 1: As kind of, but they multiple times, Like there's a moment where he's breaking the Stark stuff and he finds Iron Man mask and he looks at it and just throws away tie, and it's just I think for me, if it wasn't that we're already dealing with his death and then also dealing with Spermanginal his gear, it's just and we literally which I do, like we literally see Iron Man everywhere. It's just maybe bring them back in a different film, I don't think. I don't know if they need. You could have easily just had mysterial wanting to be a new hero kind of because he is just syndrome in this, so I kind of had that feeling early on he just wants to be a new hero. I don't know if I had to be tied to Iron Man. I liked the like Civil War like cheesy zoom in it. It's a double cross. I like it for being cheesy, but at the same point, it's just kind of I think, like I said, if there would have just been a scene of Jill and Hall and down together that could have sold me just a scene cool. Yeah, especially I don't know how they would have done that, and like I said, they probably didn't want to because they want you to feel his ending. But for me, I feel like you can bring those characters back for flashbacks and it's not like cheapening his death. If they bring it back to life, then yes, but they already had like the dead Iron Man suit, So yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think maybe for me, like I think by definition, that is very much like attacked on thing, like when they made Civil War. I don't think they were planning that. Mysterio was in the background there five years and so even though it, like by definition, is tacked on, it didn't feel that way when I was watching the movie. So yeah, that's one thing as well that like, I'll just have to see what marinates as I watched this movie in the future, I definitely see like the comparisons to the like Vulture villain from the last one, and how his means were pretty similar to Mysterios, how he just hated Tony.
Speaker 2: But like for me, oh but for me, turn me down.
Speaker 4: Damn, how's it feel muted?
Speaker 2: It? It feels a little bit quieter, But no, I feel like for me it it worked, especially like since the last movie was Endgame, so Tony's death just happened. It's still so new. Whereas if I feel like if we were three movies in and we're still doing like Tony Stark Villains, it's like, I'm doing this because Tony Stark was an asshole and you know, so exactly exactly, so it might it might go down, it might go downhill. Yeah, but for me, I am I'm giving it. I'm giving it a pass for those reasons. Fair enough, but but yeah.
Speaker 1: M hm, I was gonna throw it. Maybe you can start as far as we got because we didn't talk about the reveal that he was not from the multiverse. Multiverse it's a real thing because they confirmed doctor Strange, but it didn't happen the way. I don't think we all thought it was gonna be that. I think it was just more of a hope because I listened a prediction. None of us predicted like always for sure. From that, we just all kind of wanted that. And well, we'll save the end credits for the end. If you think, why haven't we talked about that big alf in the room. Well we'll talk about the end, but we'll get there. So that disappointed me a little bit. I liked the reveal and how it happened with the steer, so that was fine. But uh, it feels maybe they won't be playing around with multiverses right now as much as I was hoping. And that totally And I.
Speaker 4: Think that's okay for like an epilogue to the saga, like that's the big kind of worms to open there. I mean there's a lot of other can of worms that are opened in this movie, like more towards the end. But I I was fine with it in the end. Like I said, I really liked the reason for Mysterios turning like his backstory, even if it is kind of simple or kind of something we've seen before. So yeah, I'm cool with it. Someday. I still hope we get that Toby verse where we see all these spidy guys next to each other.
Speaker 1: Spider Verse is gonna beat them to they Fisher are gonna now, I guarantee you Spider.
Speaker 4: They see that, they're like on their tail and they're like, we gotta do thisrow. Yeah, but well here's the thing. Will Toby come back twice.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 1: I don't know, he doesn't need the paycheck.
Speaker 4: He hasn't How many how many figy bucks do you think he would get if he appeared in a cameo?
Speaker 2: He would I think he would get a fun buck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, at least a fun bug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, like I believe it was it was the water elemental right, that was like the first one that they're fighting in Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that like Hydroman Knaco, which I like, there was an easter egg. They're like, oh, the scientists had an experiment with water. So that was kind of like a nice tribute like the actual hydra Man going on, because this is not hydra Man.
Speaker 4: Obvious man, what if hydro Man? Oh man, the animated show with the hydro Man story. It's I hate hydra but that ending last season, Yeah, I know it's a good turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that look like the look of mysterious like fighting and it just looked very doctor strange like. And I remember like because like I was very skeptical going into it. I'm like, I don't trust Mysterio until like the movie's over, and like he is from a multiverse and he is a good guy, Like I just don't trust him, especially just like he's a magician, right, like this is what he does. He fools people. But uh, I remember like seeing that sort of thing. So I'm like, I'm really interested if they take like a different route with this character for the MCU, having those those thoughts that back of my mind though that he is a trickster and so like at that point, I feel like that might have been near the part of the movie that I wasn't really like digging too much, or I just felt like something was a little off, like it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Like when he's still on hero mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like it just felt different, Like his look was so cool flying through the air with the smoke, it just looks so sick.
Speaker 1: And his actions really the mysterio trippy scene of the action alone is really good. They want actually the best spidy action, Like all of a sudden they do the elementals and the fight scenes and the mysteria flying. I really liked all that the bubble Oh it looks.
Speaker 2: So there are some really good like action scenes, even when like Nick Fury and I always forget her hill. Yeah when she when they come in, it's just like they come into the courtyard or whatever it is, and it's just like Mayhem's going on, Spidey's doing his own things, all mysterios, fighting the the monster, but uh, just getting back to Mysterio. So like I was really on the fence whether I like the new adaptation of it, like the Superhero Mysterio. But then as soon as that like bar scene happened and he was like his voice changed, his mannerisms changed. He was just totally like a director or like a special effects guy.
Speaker 1: And I was even as like a mo cap oh yeah, circus on like bubble, yeah they got I was.
Speaker 2: I was just smiling. As soon as that happened. I was like, this is exactly what I want because this is Mysterio, right, Like this is what we what we've or what we've grown to know of this character. And I was so satisfied with like just that turn, Like I feel like at that point on that's where I was like, Okay, I'm in, Like I'm fulling one.
Speaker 1: All my it seems like most of my complaints are all the first half center with choices they made or just comedy and stuff like that. But once that reveal happened to just we're going, We're going there's and it doesn't feel like we're switching even stuff like when we get that final fight scene. It could have been boring him just fighting drones, but they make that work. I was getting major spier Man two game flashbacks with some mysterious of those, but we'll get to that. I hate the Peter Tingle thing. I know it's a joke, but I really don't, especially in the main but when he does use his spicy sense and he does that like going through all the drones and like find that that was so cool. Yeah, that's why I hate it. When he said Peter Tingle Peter.
Speaker 2: I liked it like the first time, and then when Happy said it was really good.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, when he said it before like the cool scene, that's when I was like, okay, this kind of killed them, and then it's like, oh, okay, he's flipping around. This is cool.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like that solution. A big reason is because I I every time I watch home Coming. That's what irks me the most is how the vulture like Vulture getting taken out is not because Peter like outsmarted him or or like outpowered him. It's just like kind of coincidence or like vultures being kind of greedy trying to fly away. And then that's like the ending. It's always a big you'll die, it's always a big letdown for me. So the fact that you know, we get like Peter who's harnessing this power that he hasn't been able to harness before in a new way, it's like it changes the character he's now growing, Like that's something that will be with him for the rest of these movies. And he actually overcame something that like almost killed him before. It was that was a lot more satisfying for me this time around. So that's like a huge thing for me. He got to cap it off right, And even though I'm not happy that they killed him still, I don't maybe like some of his dialogue at the very very end, at least the the ending action scene with him was was really good. Even though you can't have you know, Peter punching mysterior, like they can't have a fistfight. That just wouldn't work. It's not the kind of character, right, But they ended up doing it well through the through the drones.
Speaker 2: That was just such a good scene, especially like when Peter hits the first one, then you kind of get like a glimpse of what's actually happening and you see the drones coming. It was just I really like that whole scene. And then when Mysterious tries to fool him, you know, he's like giving him the glasses and then Peter gets Oh.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, that was so good.
Speaker 1: That's what I liked. It's a different take. It's he literally says that, it's like, we all know what Mysterio. Once I get past those drones, he's just a guy. I can take him out. And that's why I liked. He never was Oh he didn't have mixed martial arts and have you know something, I know, a superpower. I just no, he was just a guy who had a bunch of gear and you know, and not even the extent of Tony where he doesn't even even have an actual Mysterio suit that has all the powers. He just has the victory suit.
Speaker 4: He call that.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, do you still want me to dry clean the cape? Yes? I do jan And he was great, and that's why I feel like he took what the second that reveal happened I could see why Jill Hall took this role because it just felt like a very Gill and Hall asked like the whole once he was in the mocap bubble soup and everything like that, and I did say it on the riddictions, and I think he will. Unfortunately, I think he's gonna stay dead. I don't think he's probably the center six. I think it's just because he he's that, he's a guy. He didn't want to do a bunch And we'll talk about when we get the end credit scenes. But I think they've done it in a way where he's kind of a joke or like figure, where his like effect will last throughout movies or at least the next movie. But I don't know. You may see Mysterio and that effects, but I don't know if you'll see quit. I don't think you'll see Quinn back. I think he's six feet under a Tony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like it, which I mean, it's obviously too bad. I was hoping that was like the thing I said the most on our Predictions cast. I was just really hoping that he would stick around no matter what happens, and you know, maybe we'll get more Mysterio in some sense. Who knows how they will spin that, but I think if they are planning to go for that Sinister six, then you need multiple types of characters to keep that interesting, like multiple types of villains. That's why I always throw Rhino there, even though he's like kind of boring. It's like you need that big burly guy and Mysterio is that good like mind fuck character that year? Yeah, exactly. There's not really a ton of spidy villains that really do. I guess like Scorpion could with like poison or something, but I really want my Stereo to stay alive, especially if we hit that Sinister Sick time frame at some.
Speaker 1: Point together too. Would have been so much fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and our boys Scorpion like great acting from whatever that guy's name is, a Shockers back.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything else. I know we'll talk about Masteriro when we get to end chris Can, but anything else in the immediate future.
Speaker 4: I guess one last thing related to that final fight. I just I love the scene where Spy's like inside simulation and he's jumping around taking out all the drones, and like the chase scene where he's just taking out like how can I do this most efficiently? Right? How can I take it like twenty at once?
Speaker 1: It's probably just a bird, let me see. I like that that they were all smart, but mysterio is always like call them on there crap. And I love that cap tribute. We got one point where he has like a car door. Yeah like that, and then even the one who're Happy does it later when he throws that.
Speaker 2: Was so funny the way he threw it to it just went straight down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he had no style.
Speaker 2: That was so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, like there's there's a handful of scenes like that that just like maybe belly laugh Like I just wasn't expecting. It's just like they did such a good job on it. Happy was great in this movie.
Speaker 1: Happy was fantaspy addition, and especially you look at the juxtaposition of how he felt in Homecoming. He didn't hate him, but just a nuisance to Peter, And I like that he is just like he's maybe another uncle, which we'll talk to you, but that kind of that uncle nephew relationship and everything I liked. And I guess I didn't say that non spoils, but I really like that's the other thing as far as them handling Peter's dealing with Tony and this whole role become the new iron Man. I really like that. That's where I said, it's very much like iron Man three or Ironn three suffering or iron Man suffering from PTSD, and there's a twist with the villain. This is the very much same of he's suffering from PTSD, and there's a twist of the villain. So kind of a little like formulaic in that sense. But sure, I liked the conversations he had with Happy Love. Absolutely love the scene once he gets all the gear and Happy says, I'll hit the music and it's ACDC back and back, the very first song ever played in the MCU, and then that I love led Zeppelin. Like that whole airplane scene was really well done. And I hope Happy is around quite a bit. I have some cons about him and aunt May, but him as a character. I like the dynamic they're going for and just him looking back and seeing Peter at that gear and just seeing like a young Tony there and just saying like, that's what I like too, that they now that he's dead. They and they've done a few times, but of like he couldn't even live up to Iron Man, you know, like he was a mess. He wasn't you know he was where Peter just holds him in this light because he got recruited and gave him all this stuff. But it's like no, like he was a mess of a guy and you're gonna be a mess and just try your best. That's all you can do. So I love.
Speaker 2: Everything they did with Happy and oh yeah, that that Airplace scene. I was actually like tearing up. I was crying big time, especially like I just watched Endgame again like a couple days before, so it was really fresh, like that them coming back together and then obviously the death of Tony and then like them talking about this one. I just felt like I was I was a mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: That's scene and the music kicked in. I was like, oh, Dylan's loving mess. He's all over this right now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's great. I don't I don't like ac DC, but like they don't make me puke or anything, like I can handle it for ten seconds. It's just like you put like an album on. It's like, this is the worst hour of my life.
Speaker 1: Whoa worst houring life?
Speaker 3: I have to agree with you, Kirkland, when they when Happy started to really level with Peter and he was just getting so frustrated. Just you could feel the water building up that your eyes.
Speaker 1: It was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was such a good, just humble scene and just seeing like I feel like, you know, Happy that was a situation where he could have started to tear up to but he just he was grounded and he he was he knew Tony so freaking well, so much more than I think Tony even knew himself, and he just he just I think there was no other better person to council Peter Parker at that time than you know, the guy who was there all the time helping Tony. And I feel like just when Peter was in that element and just doing the same kind of moves that Tony was, you know, playing with the holograms and stuff, and just the look on Happy Hogan's face when he was looking at Peter in this environment, It's just like, I I like, Iron Man is one of my favorites, and I really really like Spider Man, and to see the two combine like this, it just was so so cool and it just yeah, it it was such a humbling scene. It felt so good. It felt like, you know, this is he doesn't have to live up to be iron Man, but iron Man's spirit will live through Peter Parker, which I thought was fantastic, or through Spider Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's super mad.
Speaker 1: Because John Feder directed the First Iron Man, he like started all this, so it's just to see, like it's such a cool just all round.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like those scenes between Happy and Tony and like the First Iron Man, like those are some of my favorite scenes. They just had good like chemistry. So seeing Happy now with Peter obviously with the loss of Tony, it was just it's just great.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, I'm glad that character has a role still these movies, even though we're not gonna get any more Iron Man movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah likely, Yeah to Stark at least, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I like to see the dynamic between Happy and Fury. Actually, like we only see it a couple of times, but it's it's kind of fun to see like a non hero character in rap with Fury. Usually it's just like him talking to Cap, yeah, talking Iron Man or something, So it's kind of interesting to see that dynamic and how he's like kind of intimidated by Fury, and Fury doesn't like him, but like he's still kind of new to him because Peter don't doesn't want to talk to him directly.
Speaker 3: But then yeah, that counter that it's not necessarily Fury.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the thing. I don't know if we want to talk about that now or talk about that. Yeah, that's my that's a I think a twist that I didn't need. I was on the two fur of being one. I don't think we need it as far as I don't know, because it's like saying it's not really Nick Fury, and I didn't like the portrayal of Nick Feer in this week. It kind of makes sense because I think they directed him to be a little different than usual, but just something felt off. That was the point. But then two, I didn't, Uh, this is a pure fanboy thing of like a trast told you. I never threw the hashtag on it, but I've always wanted the Scrawls to come back, and they were doing it perfectly, and I thought it was gonna be set for this next big story. Clearly it is setting something up because he's in space doing something. Maybe it's setting next So well, yeah, Sword is like Sword is like this, like the space Shield, so it's like to look after Earth in the outer space. But I feel like they just almost did it for comedy, and I don't think it's gonna have much of an impact in the future. What he's doing in space.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's gonna be like a big plup pun and Captain Marvel too.
Speaker 1: Am up there, Yes, but them being Fury and Hill not really, I don't. I feel like it was kind of now a little comedic. Looking back on it, I think this movie almost like the trailer had enough. They didn't need that one more twist on there. You know, it's kind of fun. But now it's now Peter and Fury still haven't. Man, they don't have a really ship been now happy in Fury that's not them, you know, so I guess it's still empty.
Speaker 4: It was kind of established though that, like Fury's impact is kind of dissolved at this point, like on Earth and he's not really running the Avengers. There isn't really an Avengers right now in this current timeline, So I don't know. I I initially I felt kind of weird on It's like, Okay, what are they gonna do with this, and the more I've thought about it over the last day, it's not been a long time to be sure, but I like it, and I'm I mean, who knows. Obviously I could totally wreckon that when I see what they actually do with it, because it's just a it's just a tease, but conceptually I'm actually pretty into it. And I like the the scene of Fury just like where's my shoes or whatever? He says, Like, I just like this different type of Fury because I felt like he's kind of dropped off the map a while, like for a while in the MCU, but then this has kind of been his year where he's big and Captain Marvel obviously given like some more backstory to him, and uh, you know, he's not like really a lot of an endgame, is he.
Speaker 1: Kind of hell, he's literally a scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So I just I guess I'm glad to have him back, but not just that, but glad to have him like he's gonna be like clearly a different character. Yeah, because I I think it's like I understand why they didn't keep like using him. It's like, how much can you really do with that character? I mean, I don't know. I haven't read the comics. I'm not sure what they normally do with him, because you can do like Nan Night Nick Fury, you know, but I don't know whatever it is. Like, I'm super interested because I really like Sam Jackson. I think if I don't know what kind of role he'll be in, I'm sure like they'll ever be a Nick Fury movie. It'll be Captain Marvel too, where he's popped up. But I'm down to see what it is.
Speaker 1: I think his role is gonna be putting together the New Avengers. I think it's gonna be that all over again. But I think it's gonna be that. I think it's gona be finding a threatened space because that's Postcards scene. I think it's more to set up something else and not Captain Marble two because we literally just got Captain mar or sorry, yeah, we literally just got Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel two is in at least two years away, and it's weird because we're not gonna get to see and we'll talk about with the other Postcards scene. But next is Black Widow that's a prequel, and then after that was like Shang Chi and the eternals and everything like that. So it's like movies that are really outer space are of nothing like different contents, So we're not gonna get to really know my eternals might but I guess this issue is gonna be a question mark for quite a while.
Speaker 4: I think maybe you're right, Maybe the maybe Nick Pierry's next task is to make a new Avengers team, but it's gonna be no doubt different, right, Like he's not on Earth, I don't I think if they just probably bring them right back to Earth, that's gonna be a big let down. So I don't think they'll do that. So I think it'd be interesting if, like obviously he was working with shield Shield ended up being Hydra. It's like a big shitty thing. But now he has access to these scrolls and he can shape up, Like is he gonna use that? Is he going to be kind of like devious? Like again almost like he's holding back on like he's not talking to the heroes directly. He you know, they think he's being genuine, but he like it's not even just the scrolls acting as Nick Fury talking to people. It's like he could make like one of them into Captain America one of these scrolls, and they could like convince so and so the Hulk to come back and fight for the team whatever it is. And I don't know if that could be really interesting if if it's if it's usual, and I'd be super down for a Nick Fury who's like very deceptive and like like borderline bad guy in terms of like how he's going about this stuff, even though even if his like end goal is to sit like prevent whatever Galactus or whatever the hell's coming next. So I don't know, I think it's it's an interesting idea, and even though it's just a post credit scene, it's not a ton to dive into. I'm I'm, I'm okay with it. Yeah, as of right now.
Speaker 2: I uh. When they revealed it, I was, I was, I was. I liked it a lot actually, because I really like those characters from Captain Marvel.
Speaker 1: It's mostly just him more. Yeah, I'm not exactly he can put him almost on a MC movie. I'll be pretty happy.
Speaker 2: He's so good. But I really like the reveal too, because again with Travis, I felt like, while we saw the scenes with Nick Fury, obviously no we know it wasn't Nick Fury, But at the time, I was like, this just feels like maybe he's taking like a step down because they want to just give the limelight to Peter Parker, which I'm not really I don't know. I guess I'll buy it because that's what I'm giving. But at the same time, this isn't really the Nick Fear that I understand. So then when they revealed that it wasn't actually him, it just saved a lot of the things I didn't like, uh, like his scenes in the movie, so I really like that. And then yeah, Tallas is just great. I love that character and can't we for I like the.
Speaker 4: Scene in the hotel, the hotel room.
Speaker 2: Yea, so good because that room's he's so mad, and then the the real Nick Fury on the ship at the end. I also thought that was Captain Marvel, So sorry you, editorry, but what was it? The Sword that's what's called.
Speaker 1: Well they didn't say that, but there is an organization called Sword and they're like, like I said, the space Shield. So I imagine, just because we didn't get much, it's just him with a bunch of scrolls and they're working on stuff and it looks like there's quite a bit of them opposed to Captain Marvel when there was only a few of them left. Obviously, Carol got them in safety they're living and whatnot, so that could be cool. And I didn't know he was gonna turn into a Scroll, but something did catch my eye in the movie. They were talking about Creed like super or like sleeper agents and stuff like that, which is like Jude Law's character and whatnot, like that kind of race. So I don't I think they might go to that war. I don't think we're getting the secret invasion like Evil Scroll, so I'm a little disappointed by that, but it's fine. There's other great stories we can do. But I think they are setting something up. Whether that's for Captain Marvel two, I don't know. Maybe Captain Marvel two will also reach almost like I'm trying to think, almost kind of like Loki, where Loki was in Thor and then he wouldn't Avengers. Maybe they'll do that Captain Marvel too, kind of because we still know if Captain Marvel Two's present nare a prequel. Some people have said that could be a prequel, including fivey.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like the main thing that was drawing me that it was Captain marvel Is just because Samuel Jackson and Prelarts together, they just got such good chemistry and we saw that in the first movie. So I don't know. I was just kind of lean on those lines and then I.
Speaker 1: Think she could be up there. I think they just didn't want to waste one of her movies on the contract for a cameo there yea, so she could end her movie. Oh you've been here the whole time.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 3: When we got that shot of Sam Jackson on the beach, I was like, oh, we got another odin CGI scene.
Speaker 2: It was so funny because I was like, that is such bad cgo and then when it actually I was like, okay, they redewed themselves.
Speaker 1: But I love the Tallos scene.
Speaker 3: I was totally just shocked when I saw that, as like what, no way, but it was great.
Speaker 1: It was just please shot up, please, I'm trying to watch Spider Man.
Speaker 4: You had to wait five more seconds for the.
Speaker 1: Movie in but no.
Speaker 3: I I at first to call me off guard because when Maria Hilt changed, I was like, holy shit, why is Nick Fury not freaking out right now?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And then there's only got one eye give him a break one eye. Yeah, when he changedes like, oh it's Talus and his wife. This is fantastic, And like I I totally thought, like, well, this could totally lead into you know, some secret invasion stuff or whatever we sell like those comics like frame comics at my work of like secret Evasion, Secret Invasion and stuff like that. And it's so weird seeing like a scrawl in Hawkeyes armor and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is cool and I would be down to see it. I think. Still, I think they're they're gonna be nice scrawls. I don't think they're gonna go that route. They may go in that round of like oh let's help like disguises, someone get across me, like what Dylan was saying. But I don't think it's ever gonna be the bad guy version because that there could be bad scrawls too. I think there could be.
Speaker 4: I just don't think they establish but there's other I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said there's other scrawls out there, and now they own Fox so they have like the superior scrawl, so maybe that'll be a thing. I just think from that end credit scene being used very comedic. And then if you're working with a lot of them up there. There could be, but I don't think. Uh, it's just a vibe. I get we're gonna have nice guys, and yeah.
Speaker 4: How long how long do you guys think Fury's been like a scroll? Like what other movies in the MCU. When do you think he went to space? Because like obviously this stuff I watched it is like, you know this happened in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Well, I watched the video. Oh, I think it's been just after endgame. I think the funeral. Then he goes that's my Yeah, And I wouldn't want it if they revealed that that was Talus at the funeral, that would be a big disappointment, especially well especially at the last shot. The funeral is Nick Fury and it just is perfect because he went recruited Tony. So unless that was a scroll as well, I really and that's why I really they don't do that stuff. I've always said the way they should do the scrolls kind of like now is now we are in on the joke. So if there is a scroll Nick Fury, we know. But if you go to the very beginning Iron and want it's been a scrolls whole time, It's like I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a little there's a there's a scene you can check out because in Captain Marvel he says, you know, if my toast is cut diagonally, I can't eat it or whatever. If you watch Age of Ultron, he's cutting toast in the Hawk guy's kitchen.
Speaker 1: Watch how he cuts it, and just analyzed a little bit.
Speaker 2: And tell me.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't cut it diagonally.
Speaker 3: He cut he cuts it, but it's not diagonally. And then but the thing is he rips the pieces and eats them like that. So it just makes you wonder, like, okay, is it over analyzing here or maybe that.
Speaker 1: Was you're the same that ranted about five minutes with the Tony left arm fury that was nowhere you know, you just you got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that was in a while ago, like.
Speaker 1: She's I dealt that one because Age of Ultrons set up a bunch of stuff that never happened, because that was in the middle of like Promutter going Away, like thor Ragnok was supposed to be the super dark, like creepy movie and then it became like he was Promoter was another like partner in this thing with running Marvel Studios with them. But then they're kind of like, we just want Figgy to do it. He's the same guy that ironn Through supposed to have a female villain. Promoters like, I don't know, I won't sell toys. So eventually they're like, we're gonna trust Figgy and that. So it's I don't know what, guys, Yeah, yeah, great call. So that's why he's.
Speaker 3: Still doing that, like, oh, we won't put you in the movie because it won't sell toys.
Speaker 4: I't I think it's yes, promuter, Hell yeah, it's stopping.
Speaker 1: Now we look at forst Wakens. Remember they weren't putting Ray in like the monopoly and stuff like that. I think it's starting. Weren't putting her because they what a fucking joke. I honestly think like Shusidy Cee, I honestly think Wonder Woman really changed that. And because Wonder them broke a lot of records and stuff, I think that was like, oh, we can make money with females, Like yeah, because it's a whole fucking half the earth that wants to see these movies. You know, I didn't buy that monopoly. I would want they put her in retroactively. Everyone complained about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah you have the steal case of that monopoly. You can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah it hurts.
Speaker 2: Oh one quick thing. Uh. The one thing that I agree with you that I I really hope it was the real Nick Fury at the funeral. The one thing that worries me is that when the fake Nick Fury was in the hotel room, he shot ned the blow dart and then blow dart. Really it looked like it, right, blow dart out of a gun. And uh, but then he said, like we met at the funeral, so I might have been That's the one thing I think said.
Speaker 4: We didn't meet.
Speaker 1: He said we didn't meet because remember he said I saw you because like we were there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was there.
Speaker 1: But unless I think he was probably talking with Tallus giving him in from That's what I'm really hoping. Talos was there as well.
Speaker 4: With the Fury is like the mysterio. He's like the director behind it, all right, He's up there with his fucking fish bowl director Fury.
Speaker 1: Talos makes a really bad joke and shows up as Tony Stark at the funeral, and itone's like.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode really weird.
Speaker 1: Thordish destroy is. I want to go somewhere because I I want to I want to talk.
Speaker 3: About I want to talk about before my stereio.
Speaker 1: But I thought, you know, this is not as prevalent. So I got some anime problems. This is some big cons for me. And you know what, if you think, oh, I don't give a shit about May, just a my own character, that's fine. And that's where when it comes in different adaption, it's all it works for you. For me, I love aunt May. It's kind of like an Alfred thing. It's important to the character. I think this is where some of the laziest writing gets in here because I don't understand So this homeco this homely homecoming, and it with this huge reveal of Peter being revealed to her. She's get the big cliffing, Oh what the fuck? And we've never had that movie. So I remember seeing Homecoming be like, oh, well, this is gonna be fun. Let's see this plays out. Sure you get some fun banter, Sure, oh I packed your suit in the suitcase, but we don't even get one conversation, not a flashback, nothing about it, And for me, the biggest problem is as well is in Homecoming, at one point when he was dealing with that boat that split up, he just said he was late, and when he shows up late, Aunt May's super frantic. She was calling him. She's worried, she's having an anxiety attack. You would think that same character who is worried that her nephew is just late, would be even ultra worried that it's Spider Man. Even if she's not, then why is she not? Because that makes no sense. They had a character set, they gave her motivations, and to me, that set up perfectly of oh, she's gonna be really worried. So now that she knows he's Spider Man, she's gonna be always worried of should you do this? Like you're putting your life on this. But this is just so nonchalant, And that's something I probably with the MCU Sperierman, I feel they just don't really want to get too emotional with Peter. The Ironman suffs different because it's a big depth that affects like the viewers and everyone else in the world. But seems like, you know, I'm comparing but whatever, that's life. I like to compare, and you know Taylor doesn't, so I know he's gonna give me a shit over there. But with Peter Parker when he's telling that scene of Sperman two about how he let Uncle Ben's killer go and he killed Uncle Ben and he's telling it me, it's this this five matte seeming them talking and crying. It's really emotional, and I think they just they don't want to do that because they want to keep with this team like that's me vibe. They want to keep with that fun, loving kind of vibe. And that's what doesn't work for me. And it makes no sense that they set up Aunt made to be this one character. She's a different character in the next movie, and then they don't even talk about it. And two the other thing is because I'm a big Uncle Ben fan and just that idea still not really talked about, and they it reminded me of Quicksilver in Dark Phoenix minor spoiler. They set up a fucking home run. She's starting to finally date. Now would be the time, like, Hey, I haven't met anyone since your uncle, but Happy, he's a really nice guy, Like he makes me happy. Open Tent like there's multiple like ways to bring up him being Spiderman or Uncle Ben, and it just bugs me. And that's why it's an adaptation. They're not doing it. That's fine if you enjoy that, but for me, I still want that, and it just is it's very The Uncle Ben's stuff fine, but the Aunt May stuff really bugs me because they set this whole thing up on Homecoming and they just abandon it to like He's fun.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think at this point in time, you know, they did that with Homecoming, but then after you know, Infinity War and then Endgame, we got two really huge movies where I feel like those events would definitely, whether there's some dynamic or not with that May, those two events would have definitely made May feel comfortable that he is fighting.
Speaker 1: Why not have her say that because this is already this is already such a long time after Homecoming, like really not really though it's not in like five years though, well it is, but she not. For her, she didn't get snapped, so she is the same contunity as he does. And for us, it's only been two years since Homecoming. If she didn't she didn't get sapped, yeah, then did get snaped?
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, well if she did, yeah, then it would have been at the same time, would have been pretty quick. But then even then, I feel I feel like she would have felt justified in his actions, that he is one of the reasons that she came back, you know.
Speaker 1: But then I think that conversation needs to happen. It shouldn't be. You have to tell me that. It doesn't make sense to set her up as this character who's frantically worried about her nephew just being late, even before she knows the Spider Man too. He is out there fucking fighting everything. Get your suit, just something. But they don't even talk about. There's even one more I can't remember. He screws up and she goes, oh, it's fine that you've had a he does something wrong, It's like, oh, it's fine, you deserve a break or whatever. It's just they're constantly anytime there's stakes like that in these movies, they just pull them away from Peter. That's why I like the mysterial thing. But other than that, they just handle them with kid gloves, like there's no consequences to his actions. Because I just think they don't want you to deal with that, and that happened a lot in Homecoming too, just everything is like why is he late? Why it's like nothing's really he gets no punishment whatsoever, just very breezy. And that's why I worry we'll get in the end creds. But like that reveal, I don't think it's gonna really go the way it is because the Homecoming ended with this huge reveal of aunt me. If to me, that's where I don't buy what you're saying it is because if they ended the movie like that, that to me is a major pallpoint. You don't end the movie like that if it's gonna be nothing your second movie, She's she's nothing in this movie.
Speaker 4: She's comedic.
Speaker 1: Really, it didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really liked him in the movie and that, like I definitely overlooked it, And maybe it was just you know, grooming from the trailers or whatever they showed it. Like I wasn't going in there expecting, Okay, where's that dynamic scene between Peter being Spider Man and at may give me that scene?
Speaker 1: Like I didn't. I wasn't let down at all with that.
Speaker 3: And I for me personally, I really liked how she was so pro Spider man, and I loved it, like that scene when the suit was in there with the note and I just I like jumped in my seat, like oh no, And even the reaction Peter gave it was just it was fantastic. And I I at the end of the day, though, I mean, it's not something that I'll probably like sweat too much over because there's just to me, like, yes, she was snapped, but there and Peter was snapped too, but there's just so much of a time period that changed the world and everything like that, and I don't know I can get over that.
Speaker 4: I think I'm more on Travis's side because she doesn't have any meaningful conversation in this whole movie. Like I think the best stuff from her in the first movie was between her and Tony and so obviously you can't really have that dynamic anymore. And that wasn't even like deep conversation either. That was just more comedic relief, but it was it was fun to see that dynamic. And I do kind of like the stuff between her and Happy. I think it's it's kind of funny, but yeah, it's like her character really doesn't have any depth and it's definitely lacking that emotional attachment that Emme always has for this character and like other every other form of Spider Man I've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen, even the game, Like think about how much they hit you with that. You know, she's just such a big character and this just feels she's just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Peter's always he's always different around her because that's like that's his only family, and it's kind of like this twisted relationship. And yeah, there's like this big trauma there with Uncle Ben, which we still don't know about, so there's yeah, there's it's just too bad that I'm fine with it, being like a younger at me that has nothing to do with it. It's just that they don't really want to do anything with her, which kind of sucks. It's like you almost could have not had an anime and this continuity or something.
Speaker 1: And why I get an actress that is she's won in an Oscar before, Like, why I get an actress of that caliber? When they cast her, I'm like, oh, you're gonna Oscar winning actress. You're gonna give her some really meaty stuff to do here, and it's, you know, good for her. It's getting a paycheck, that's nice, but it's just it's strange to go. You could get almost any no name for this role.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I do like the supportive, like the dynamic of anime being supportive of Spider Man. I think that's cool. But yeah, I don't. I don't think there's anything wrong with like her still being worried about him and being supportive, right, Like that's they shouldn't have to be separate things. And I know it's tricky because he's not in America in this movie. So maybe like when they get back, they're gonna have some more of like her dynamic, but maybe they won't. Maybe she'll just always kind of stick like this, And if she does, then I'm unfortunately she's just another flat character when they when there's already quite a few of those in this movie and the first movie.
Speaker 3: I have to say, I really really liked when she just whipped that banana at his head.
Speaker 2: You really really liked it.
Speaker 1: I really really liked it. Okay, it was fine. I created the Peter Tingle, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That maze stuff. I feel like I'm kind of in the middle because I I feel like it was a missed opportunity for them to have like a sentimental conversation like in the beginning of the movie, because that was when they're actually together as opposed to like right at the end. But like especially I don't know, just mention like stuff that happened in endgame or just like I don't know, it just felt like a huge thing. Yeah, and it's it felt like a very like, uh, lost opportunity for me, and like even like in that moment when I was watching it and then uh, sorry, like when they they send off, so obviously they're not uh I'm butchering my words right now, but but but he goes to Europe, she remains in America, so they're not together. I just as soon as that happened, I was just like, oh, that was kind of like like hopefully we get something back like later on in the which we didn't end up really getting. And I don't know, I felt like it didn't bug me as much because of what Dylan said, like they are in different places. Like if this whole movie was in New York and the same thing happen where they don't even talk about it, that would have been really hard to digest. And but this one, I'm kind of giving it a break for that. But I definitely understand, like the problems with it, and I do agree to a certain extent that I don't know. I I do understand the importance of ant may have a character in the in the Spider Man, just I don't know anything to do with Spider Man. Yeah, the mythos. That's a good burd I like that one. But you know, she's just she's really an important character to Peter, you know, and like it really like builds that character. So I'm hoping in the next movie we do get to see some more just fleshed out things with her. And I don't know, but for this one, I'm kind of giving it a pass, mainly because they were in different places, but definitely could have been better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're gonna say something else there. Oh okay, anybody I was gonna say. I think, you know, sometimes you gotta when you have a lot of sequels established or on the way. I think he got to like give and take in trade with different films. I think the first one, Homecoming had a lot of that kind of dynamic and a lot of that care where he was worried about a may after all she's been through and all that stuff, and even then moments like where you know he was trapped under the rubble and he had to like it was a really you know, emotional moment when he was trying to just gain that confidence and just push up.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, you know, a lot of those scenes that weren't in this movie. I think we got things in both movies that we didn't get at the same time in each other movies. So like what we did and didn't get in Homecoming, we didn't get, but we did get in Far from Home.
Speaker 4: So I feel like, I guess just look at it, and I'm like, Okay, I would have taken Nedosm. I would take the teacher out. Haven't at may scene that actually has like impact on the story or some emotional attachment. So that's where I see like there's I feel like there's a lot of filler in this movie and the like introducing that whole gym teacher character who just says which five times like take him out completely and boom, you just gained yourself two minutes that you can have like one emotional scene. Well that may so if there wasn't so much like kind of I feel like I don't want to say Crab sounds really bad. But yeah, like if there's a lot, yeah, it wasn't so much fodder, just kind of packed them in this movie. Maybe I could understand that better. But as it's the like, if this is the anime, that is, if this is all anme ever is and she's just like this and all the rest of the movies, then I'm gonna be pretty disappointed with it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it will be. I mean, if the rumors will be, I don't know. I think they'll definitely, you know, I think the next movie. You know, we didn't get much in this, but I think we'll definitely get a lot more in the next, you know. I think as Peter gets older, I think they're gonna kind of tidbit a little bit more into like Uncle Ben's story and what happened there. And I think it's just a matter of time I think they're doing. They're choosing set things first and then they're gonna dive more into the mythos.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand, because that, to me, then it's poor filmmaking. You're talking about there, send things up, then dive in the mythos. That's what Homecoming was. It was this big setup end on a cliffhanger to dive into. And that's for me, why this movie it feels I'm not sure if it is a so any thing, but MC is always building upon the sequels. They don't do that where it's like, oh, one sequel, give and take and give and take. They're always following up. So for me to them just kind of drop storylines and fill them with kind of like what nonsense like Dylan was referring to, I don't think we're gonna get I don't think you'll ever see Uncle Ben in these movies. Cast it. I don't think you might get a mention it. Even then it's just like hurt aiding happy. It's this. You could be a scene, it could be a conversation which like oh, you tour together, and they kind of quit back and forth and Peter's like, I gotta go, and it's a really weird scene if he sits them down, says we really need to talk, and then he leaves ten seconds after. It's just like, what's going on here? I think he knew what he was gonna get them into. I think he knew they were no I know, But that's where it's just for me, it's like poor editing and writing, because it's just you feel like you're gonna get more. And that's the thing. It's all I think other than Peter and it maybe MJ eventually, I feel like everyone's just very surface level. And that's what sucks because I think Spiderman has some of the best characters and they're not really using them. If you think about stuff like Harry Ned, it's just like what we were talking about, He's just a joke. He's just a comedic being. I'm not even a big Ned fan, but still I'm not gonna become a bigger Ned fan of him. His whole storyline, he's with this girl and then what happens is he breaks up with the girl. So it just feels like an episode of TV and MC who does feel like that, but it feels like one of the laser ones of like, oh, we gotta the Netflix, we gotta fill out the thirteen, you know. So it's just like that's the shame. And I don't think they will. I think uh At May will stay like this and she'll stay because I don't really I like these Spider movies, but I don't think they're really delivering on these emotional stuff. They won't be fun and get the plushies and all this stuff and text and blah blah blah and yeah, which is okay, it can't be If you like that, it's great for you.
Speaker 2: Just this is totally jumping back, but I forgot to shout this out. The scene when he gets the glasses, like when Nick Feary gives it to him. I really like that scene, but I would have preferred him not wearing a mask. It's kind of like the Kylo Ren effect, how like you want to see that emotion that Tom Hallan can bring because I don't know, I feel like you would have been tearing up under behind that mass, right, there's a super nippicky thing that I had a shout out. And then the other scene I also really was not a fan of, Like whatsoever was the buzz scene when Peter brings in like the kill bot to like kill Brad. I I just really didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I liked the ideas, but it seemed way too.
Speaker 2: Over the top and definitely very like like almost killed his whole class, and it's just like I don't know, like obviously mistakes happened, but it just felt I felt, I don't know, it just I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: I agree, I'm surprised. I thought that scene was amazing. I thought how it just went from one to one hundred and the drone comes out of the satellites like holy ship, Like he's he's gotta like get a handle on this tech here, and like, I love those specs.
Speaker 1: I really want to order a pair off of eBay, Like there's I don't aren't real.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah they said that, and it's one hundred percent connected to the satellite.
Speaker 1: Just kidding.
Speaker 2: But like when he jumps out of the van and then like shoots down the drone, I thought that was when H MJ would have like noticed, because I don't know that was just they did. They didn't mention.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was maybe she was the only one. I'm still looking at Peter.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was just jump ten ft in the air well.
Speaker 2: She didn't mention that drone. I didn't mention that though. When they're on the bridge, like she mentioned Washington. She met all these things, and I feel like, for the type of character she is, she wouldn't really care about baby goats. Like I don't know, I just feel like she wouldn't. I agree, Yeah, so she would just be in.
Speaker 4: That many people would care about baby.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: I would totally. Look.
Speaker 4: I think every single person on that bus cares about baby.
Speaker 2: I can't speak for everyone that would be on my bus, but I would be.
Speaker 1: I think he's right about though, he's right about m J. Yeah, funk about no baby.
Speaker 2: No exactly. And like she would have just been in the back just watching Peter because she liked him, not just because she thought he was Spider Man, which we found it later. It was just certain stuff like that I had irks with, but those big mysterial moments kind of kind of outweigh that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I have a couple of random thoughts. I like the two new suits that we get in this movie, both the band suit too, do you see it fresh?
Speaker 1: Oh? When it was scroll?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the real iron real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do it.
Speaker 4: And as my nickname alluded to it, like the night monkey joke, that's a fun one when he.
Speaker 2: Was watching the news too. Yeah, like they don't even translate in English, but you can kind of figure out what it says.
Speaker 4: Yeah, monkey, like mysterial what's his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: And I like that during that the mysterio trippy sequence, there's that quick flashback of the this homemade suit. I like seeing that as well. So those are just you know, you got that's a big part of Spider Man, has all the different suits that he has, especially playing like the video game, which has like twenty or thirty different ones. So yeah, it was cool to see a few different ones in there. I like when he's making his new suit, I was I was gonna say a fun secret, like we already mentioned that, very very tony stark. Yeah exactly, and like he was just like just editing like everything, like the different webs and stuff you could do. I'm like, man, like they add that in the video game where you can customize your own Spider suit.
Speaker 2: Let's Go.
Speaker 4: You sometimes forget that he's really smart and like tech and like technology, Like they don't go into that as much like they kind of started off in Uh, I guess Civil Wars first movie. He's got like he's like hacking gear and stuff like that in his room, but you don't really get a ton of that. So it was fun to see. I mean, I guess you get the earlier in the movie as well, when he's talking to Mysterio about the alternate and he just totally understands. So we get a couple moments of that, and it's a good reminder that he like as much as he comes off of like a loof sometimes and giving those glasses away to Mysterio risky move. He is really smart, you know, tech wise.
Speaker 2: I love in that scene too, and Mysterious like never apologize for being the smartest guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of any other like I got scenes.
Speaker 4: I don't know about particular scenes, but there's two big things that we sort of got to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, this is a quick like thing on the show. Show is some editing. I didn't really like the beginning scene. I was not a fan of just twenty seconds of Marine Hill they've showed to Mexico and like, I think a Hydroman pops up first. You don't want to part of this. I don't know why it needed to be there. But also there was many times where when Massiro sacrifices himself the first time he's on the ground, and then there's just like a hard cut and Nick furious, just like standing right over him, like you we really need something like you. You could be on the Avengers. And then later on when he goes to that Spider Man goes through that trippy stuff and he beats Mysterio and then he's like on the ground hurting and they cut and Nick Fiurry's just right there. Again, there's multiple times where it felt like when you're stroll Man's it felt like there's multiple times where when you were playing a video game and you like skip a couple of dialogue trees and whatnot. That's what it felt like. There's many times where we're not the pacing of the movie, but just the pacing of the scene. It was edited very poorly, and it's all those kind of conversations things where it's just it felt like there was stuff missing, and that's where it felt kind of it sounds really bad, but amateur hour. At times, it felt like they the first time, I was like, oh, maybe some shots just got lost, but then they did a few more times. So for me, it reminded me in bad comparison, but remind me of Batman vs. Supman sometimes, of the editing of just like scenes randomly being spiced here and it was. It was very poor editing, so not the whole way, but just certain instances, which is again kind of strange because I was watching Homecoming and that didn't have that problem. So I'd have to look and see I should look.
Speaker 4: At this, and I didn't notice any but I trust your keen film eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's couple like CGI scenes that wasn't really a fan It just looked a little off for me, Like, uh, there's a scene. I think it's when Peter's like in his civilian clothes. He might have a mask on, but he does like this little like like he swings up onto a roof and kind of is a flip and it just looks really like not not like not what I'm used to seeing in like an MC movie. So just had to mention it. Oh, I had something I was gonna mention, Uh, someone scene, someone else, a big thing, someone else, do some filler second thing.
Speaker 1: If we got nothing else, we're gonna jump on the big thing.
Speaker 4: The two topics.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I forgot what I was gonna say. But since we're on the topic near the end, I don't think this was an end credit scene when Oh no, it is when Peter swinging through the city with like on his date with m I gotta say, just seeing Tom Holland like in actually New York, it gets me so excited for a movie when he's actually like swinging around through the city, you know, like because like in Homecoming, there wasn't that much suburbs. Yeah, exactly. And then this one obviously using Europe. So that end scene when he when he's swinging around like the huge skyscrapers totally felt like a PS four Spider Man game. And then also just like a Toby because that's what Toby was doing right, just swinging through New York. Like I'm just so excited to see Tom Holland in that scene.
Speaker 4: Like I zoomed in they were in the swinging scene. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I have one thing I want to say in regards to that scene. So one of the buildings that he went over, it had like a like a green turquoise colored roof. Was that the building that was Harry like Osbourne's building from the what do you call it? The Semami Spider I would say the roof looked identical to like and we know we get lots of those aerial shots of their building could be, but I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: I think it could be a building in New York. I don't think they're trying to imply that goes in there. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think thought it was just like a fun you know, a fun little.
Speaker 1: Back to formula. There is a fun Easter egg though, so because we speculate if Oz Corporating thing is gonna be in there, it's not. But on the Avengers tower that was bought, when he's swinging past that, there's a sign that says we can't show you what's next, And then in between the letters there's a one to two and a three, and then there's a question mark. So that could be phase one, phase two, phase three, or it could be one, two, three four for Fantastic four. And it's weird that there's some billboard on this building saying we can't show you what's next. So comic kombay, we're gonna be covering that shit that is into They had a tower in New York, didn't they, Baxter building. So that's why when Yeah and Homecoming everyone said it's other Oscore Baxter building. But that was at the time when Fox still had Fantastic four. But now when they do, that's a billboard is easy to see GI at any point, and so yeah, I think, uh, and that's always I think we've all agreed that I think Fantastic four is before X Men.
Speaker 3: So you think that when we get the DVD digital release of Spider Man Far from Home, when we watch it, I'll say, Baxter building this CGI.
Speaker 1: Tr No, oh no, they're not gonna go. No.
Speaker 2: I know we were talking about like the dynamic between Deadpool and Spider Man and how good that one is, but I just can't wait for that Johnny Storm Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Well, technically I don't know if people know this, but Sperman actually debuted in the issue of Fantastic four. That's where it wasn't Sperman really is. That's interesting, and so he has lots of ties here in the sixties, like sixty three or something. It's a long time ago because Fantastic four was like, they're called Marvel's first Family. They're technically the Superman. They were the first Marvel comic. Interesting, so maybe they helped Peter fight the Sinister six. Well, maybe let's talk about that right now. So we got two post credit scenes. Let's just start with there's the big plot one. Let's just start with the fanboy one first, because this is exciting. If you go check out our final predictions for Sperman Far from Home here come. If I ever had to say hashtag trash told you, because man, it was so good to see Jay Simmons back. It threw me off with them not having the hair. To be honest, I had to do a double take. But I think it's I think it's perfect. I do hope we get some scenes. I'm going to talk about that after, so I hope that because he's this Fox News sort of guy, that it's not he's just always on the side. But if he is, I will still take it. If it said, hey Jonah, just don't side or no Jonah, I'd still take it even if he doesn't know. Competer so fantastic. The sterio is the greatest Heroal Welt. I'm ready and he bettered me inspirement three like in a role. So yeah, very hype.
Speaker 2: It blew my mind honestly, Like I knew there's some like minor talks, but.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't want to you don't want to eat leak I don't know believe those WITHO would actually get it. So as soon as I saw him, I just cheered, Oh man, I was so like hyped.
Speaker 4: The theater popped off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so awesome. I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm super stoked. And it's like they really built up to it too, because he's like flying through the city. He like takes a photo. There's even like a shot through a building that I think that is the Daily Bugle, Like it's very quick. I'm guessing that's what it was. And then like even just like there's like a news broadcast, everyone looks over to it. I don't know. I was totally blown away. It's it's so funny because we did our you know, our fan cast, and that was as I mentioned this a couple of times now, but that was the character. Like none of us were like this doesn't like none of these really fit. I hated my pick person. I was like, no, I can't see anyone else doing this role. Like it just sucked it, Like I don't know, like what are they gonna do with this character? But they did the best like the ideal scenario, and it just makes me super curious with the continuity of that is like, are is it the same universes some multidimensional stuff? Are they just ignoring?
Speaker 1: I think they're just I think that's why he doesn't have the hair, because I think they want to say that it's just stunt casting, and hey, we know everyone wanting him back. He's playing our Jonah. He has nothing to do with those over there, especially because there was no dimensions in this movie. So I think that it's just, hey, we know you guys want him back, so he's back as our new Jonah.
Speaker 4: But I don't think they knew as well as us that no one else was gonna do that role.
Speaker 1: And that's what The interviews haven't come out yet. It's just a podcast I follow that interviewed him, but John wats apparently, he says they'll be coming out Sunday, when they can really spoil the interviews with the cast and directors. He said there was no one else they were thinking of, which hopes gives me hope that he will be in the third one more. But they said they didn't even think about recasting it, which could be lie, but I honestly believe that because that's just very daunting. He's just for that role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I wonder like Spidy was taking photo m or he took I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think he is a journalist newspaper In fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't get that. I didn't get the vibe. And like it's hard if he's if everyone knows who he is as well, Right.
Speaker 1: I have a theory to talk about Jonah, and then we'll get into that part.
Speaker 3: I really really enjoyed, you know, singing pop up and I love the whole conspiracy theorist news anchor kind of role he was, you know, portrayed as felt very different and very fresh. I I just when he was taking the pictures, I got that vibe like, oh, you know, maybe he's doing some photography. And then as soon as you know, uh, Jonah popped up. I was like, oh my god, like you know, this is it's all the dots are intertwining. Now they're connecting, and uh, I just I I really want to see the dialogue between those two characters, Tom Holland, Peter Parker and J. J.
Speaker 1: Jamison because it's just great.
Speaker 3: Like I just I I started pulling up like clips of you know, Sam Raimi's j Jonah Jamison or it's just laughing and just all the great stuff and I just want to sell see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's iconic. I want to see that with you know, Peter Parker.
Speaker 3: But like we said in the are like predictions cast like, it's gonna be hard because with Toby McGuire and Jamison, like Tomy McGuire just has that innocent awkward like you can, yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Insult him and he's just gonna take it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Jesus is down do good or down to earth to his core. But like when you throw in like Peter Parker, Tom Hollands, Peter Parker, he's like he's so different and he's so like snappy and talking. But I can see him walking into like the office and like picking things up like well this is cool, and Jonah like yelling at him and freaking out, you know, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just I can't wait to see.
Speaker 3: Where they go, uh, where they go with that. It's just it's gonna be super exciting.
Speaker 1: I'll ask you this. So you're gonna be disappointed if we don't get scenes of them together because to me, what we're gonna talk about next, I don't know if that's a possibility with him being known as Spider Man. Now, I don't I honestly don't think they're gonna take that approach of them.
Speaker 2: How disguise some glasses on changes his name to.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's gonna happen, but maybe is it true? Because one of the reviews I was watching, they said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They said that this has happened.
Speaker 3: Before, and it's been dealt with in ways where everyone, oh, yeah, you can definitely come up with a solution of like, no, mysterial is line that guy tried to kill everyone?
Speaker 4: Why would you believe him?
Speaker 3: I'm not well, but for my sterio, it's actually and that dropped like a name drop for who the identity is of the superhero. I feel like that's very like spot on that many people.
Speaker 1: You don't see his face in that video, That's what I was gonna mention, you did never see he shows Peter Parker, but in the video of him executing the people, it's cut off and you don't see his head.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the one like the voice, but you know there's.
Speaker 2: But it's also like I feel like his classmates are going to be looking at him and being like, this guy kind.
Speaker 4: Of sona, it's not gonna be ignored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, that so you just don't talk now we're talking about the final end.
Speaker 4: Creativity or the first actually one quick question. Yeah, the idea that like Jonah is doing like a podcast or something like it was done in the video game as well, and then it was also I started playing the lego like Marvel one of them, and Jonah is like the same, he's like the same kind of character. Is that did they do that in the comics like in recent times? Is that what Jonah is?
Speaker 1: Kind of he's not really around that much like he was.
Speaker 4: I think like even just the idea of like a newspaper isn't really.
Speaker 1: No, not really much of the day, right, Yeah, so there's sounds where like ant Me was dating like his brother or something, so he was kind of kept around in the family that way. Okay, so they found different ways to keep him in the comic books. But I think the newspaper's kind of dead because.
Speaker 4: But have they have they done like specifically like a podcast sort of storyline in the comic not.
Speaker 1: Not really a storyline, and if I think it's more the website, but I don't think a podcast. I think the podcast was pretty exclusive too. I can't remember Lego Marvel, but I think the game.
Speaker 4: I think he's pretty much like a conspiracy theorist in the In the Lego game.
Speaker 1: He's Alex Jones, if you know who that is. I know it's political, but so yeah, this end credit scene, which is it is and cred scene, but really it just feels like it they didn't have another one. They just cut the end of the movie and then did that. It's fine, but it's kind of strange. So the big reveal is Mysterio has doctors some things that make it look like Spider Man executed all these people and was ahead of it and he killed Mysterio, which I really like because that's a class like that's just fits Mastio's character. It set him up saying, Hey, anyone's gonna believe anything nowadays, and they're gonna believe what they want to. For me, it's a I don't know, I don't I like the Mysterio aspect. I actually don't like either way it goes, because I feel it's almost like the Antme thing and where they were really Spider Man and then then Spider Man three he's not that and it's like oh well, we just we just kind of, oh, we found a fun way out of it. We didn't see his face, and it's not him, even though, like Kirkland said, so many people be like that makes complete sense or we get that he is just full on Peter Parker, and I just think that's really early, and that to me takes away a lot of like the things I like about Homecoming, that class dynamic him and MJ. That's completely gone now if he's on the on and I don't even think it fits as far as I feel like enough excuse me, enough Avengers would stand up and say, hey, he was with us at dan Batt I'll he like, I don't think they're gonna believe this. So it was fun to get to Jonah, but I don't actually really like where we're heading with Spierman through theory. But I'm not a fan of either way we go.
Speaker 4: I think the I think the plan here is that he just is. He just joins the Avengers, right and he's just like a part of the Avengers now, like full time, and that makes sense. He can like have his identity revealed like like Iron Man, right, like obviously a lot of those comparisons were made in this movie, and I feel like that's maybe like the path they're going for, and I agree with you. It's like there's just some fun stuff of like Peter and Spider that you never there's always like some characters that figure it out or I mean rarely actually in other stuff I've seen, like most people don't really know that, like you're already in Homecoming, they did that more than like most other iterations of the character that I've seen, But like something like a Jonah where Peter's like getting all these photos from Spider Man, like you're not you can't get that anymore because it's like, well they that guy said you're you're you're a Spider Man, so obviously that's where you're getting these photos from. So you're already like there's just some stuff we're never gonna be able to get anymore with this universe, because that idea is out there even if people don't believe it at large, and they go for some play where Mysterio made it up, like there's always gonna be a character there has to be like naysayers who are like nof he definitely is.
Speaker 1: Even Brad at the end was like he's always gone. He went to his family, like, what's the deal. The MJ shut him down, but still it's just you have characters already. So and it sucks because we talk about this on the Predictions because I really listened to it today. That's the only character in the MCU that had that set anything right, and if that is gone, it's just that was another thing unique to spier Man that they plucked away to make a Miroman Junior wish for me. He's like, eh, like I don't want that. I want like, I think that's something cool dude down the line, but already in like that to me again feels like we gotta be different. He's never had his identity revealed. It's like, I guess, but we're doing it.
Speaker 2: In the sequel, it was like different situation though, or sorry it's a different situation. But in like Spider Verse, how like they found it was Peter Parker like after he died, like that totally made sense and like it was really good how they play that out like everyone's obviously he's dead now, so everyone's just sad that morning in this one is just it's way too early. And yeah, I wasn't a big fan of it. Especially how it's just following like the MCU I don't know pattern. I guess everyone just doesn't have a secret in it, which I don't know. I really don't like have a theory on what they're gonna do or how like what I would want to see. I just I don't know. I'm I'm interested, to say the least.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things again, feels like what Travis said earlier of them trying to be different just for the sake of being different, And I wonder if that had something to do with this decision decision or how long ago they made this decision that they want to do this with with Peter Parker. Yeah, and I do know, like it really it could go either way. I could end up liking it, but like initially it's just once again just so different from the Spider Man, and I know that I feel like, who, like who can really predict what they're gonna do next with this character? Yeah, and there not like there isn't like a feel like a ton to look forward to in terms of, oh some of that classic Spider Man stuff that I love, Like we've already lost so much of that. Yeah, even like if they ever want to do Harry Osborne down the road like that that classic story is kind of out the window now because that dynamic is already I guess like you could still do some aspects of it, but the dynamic that he like finds out or or Peter's bad friend because of these are reasons like that's kind of gone as well, so.
Speaker 1: And before Taylor goes because they don't you're talking about And I think it's valid. If people like these takes, that's great. And I think some people might push back and be like, oh, well, we have seen the Harry thing done before, why would you want to see it again? For me, why I was so excited with the Marvel partnership is I want to see them do it perfectly, you know, like I feel like, like you look at amazing Spider Man and golfing there, it's like it's been a while since we had a good Yeah, like back to the Burger thing, It's like I went to a burger joint and it got burnt. I'm not gonna not go back. It's just I'm hoping when I go back this time, it's like, Oh, it's a new ownership. You guys are gonna make a great Burger and it's like, oh, you took away that sauce like and that thing. And that's where I think you can if you like that they're doing different stuff. I think that's great. It's just that's for me. I remember when they got that partnership, was like, oh, we can finally see this stuff done just the way I thought, like just in a perfect way, Like even stuff when we talk about like X Men, you know, we're like, oh, we hope they can do things where these aren't these characters, these aren't these themes like let's get a real nice, great adaption like these other characters. And it does feel that they're kind of scared to do those and they're gonna change up and and if you like that, great, But.
Speaker 4: I could see a storyline We talked about this on our recent cast proay think our predictions for phase four is like, what if they do a storyline where they kill off Peter Parker and then there's there's your Miles Morales, your Spidergun, whoever it is, and maybe that will be like more kind of traditional stuff where there's a hidden identity. You can do some of that stuff there and like this iterate this Peter Parker. This Spider Man is gonna be the one who's in the public eye. People know who he is. He's in the Avengers, he's leading the Avengers. True, And I don't think I'm against that necessarily. I think that could be fun, but I'm just not like sure, Like I goes looking forward to like a lot of the just like that classic Peter Spider dynamic that we just won't really get in the traditional sense, And I feel like they're gonna have to really justify it if they do want to go back to that style now. But I feel like, once again, like they just really want it to be quite distant from what you are expecting or what you know. And I mean maybe that's just like my limited knowledge, like of all the Spider Man stuff I've seen, I've never seen that maybe has been done in a few comic runs.
Speaker 1: They yeah, they have done, I don't think. And that's where it's coming out in personal sate. I don't think those have been his strongest stories, you know, like Civil War was good because he did that, and then all the villains are like, well, we know who he is, let's go get it antime. But now I guess, and that's where I have a theory about wait for Taylor talking. We don't have many like that many villains, and Walter didn't strike me as the guy. I know he said he'd kill his family, but at the end of the day, he knew who's And it's weird because it's fine, but they can't do anything of that storyline now either that Vulture knew Spiderman was, everyone in Printon said, oh, you know who he is? And he's like, oh, you think if I knew who he was, he'd be dead. So it's like that they are clearly playing something fun. Oh Valture knows his identity, how could that play into it? Nothing? Now it's just okay, And that's where it's strange.
Speaker 4: I really do question like some of these decisions at the end of Homecoming, even like the antime decision, Like maybe they didn't know if they're gonna get the rights back and they just wanted to do something flashy and end the character off and I don't I don't know where are the rights at now?
Speaker 1: Do we know? No, we won't know.
Speaker 4: I bet T'll so who knows what's happening behind the scenes. But maybe that's the reason they want to do this. They don't know how long they're gonna have Spider Man with so they're trying to just do something different and something that's and maybe they're trying to set it up so that you could kill them off and like people would be okay with it because it's like, it's not the Spider Man that I know in love, it's a it's a different version. So if they switch it.
Speaker 1: Up, I think it also sets up if he's a criminal, it has and let's say he's the end this movie. He's a criminal, and so he decides they're going to take Spiermen back and not having the MCU easily the Avenger would be like, well, spends a criminal. That's why he's not on the Avengers, you know, like and they won't say that, but just he has too much cheat on the public doesn't trust him, so you neasily write off Tim. What do you think about all this? So the question was is identity right? How do you feel about that? Is idam'ty? You're real that twist?
Speaker 4: How do you always forget our question?
Speaker 1: You guys have talking for a long time about once that question.
Speaker 3: It's like, clearly, you know I've been trying to follow, and it's like it's been drifting it out. I'm like, okay, so it's all been about his identity, has it? Yes, I I'm not surprised. I feel like, you know, everyone knew his identity. I was groomed into this. You know, I was talking about this before. When he came back and all five thousand Avengers freaking knew his identity, I was like, this is no surprise. So, you know, as I said, there's probably guys up on the highway off of the Fatost Battle probably watch him and they're like, oh, it's Peter park.
Speaker 1: There's no highway once again it was there's no one around.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it definitely, Uh, I don't know. I mean, it'll be interesting to see how they tackle it. And I think that they're gonna pull some kind of crazy stunt in order to Uh. I think Doctor Strange might get in on this, and I think they might pull some crazy kind of stunt and uh oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Doctor Stranger just gives zero fox about what's going on with Peter Parker. Wow, he's dealing with it. They say that Avengers like, tell what part? What part? Do they say that when when Wong is explaining, like the Avengers deal with earthly threats, we deal with all the others. He's not gonna worry about Peter Parker's identity and like he's a criminal. I feel like that's the last thing on st if you feel bad.
Speaker 2: He's like, I feel bad that Tony died. I'm gonna help him out.
Speaker 4: Even Peter in this movie's like, why can't doctor strangeld me? Like he's busy doing more important stuff?
Speaker 1: Was that mister Strange? It's doctor Strange, Strange, doctor Strange.
Speaker 3: H Well, that being said, anyways, I don't know. I feel like it's it's not. I'm okay with the change and kind of like going down a different path that doesn't really bother me. Again, like everyone's been learning his identity throughout all of these movies, since you know, his debut in Civil War. I feel like, so it's not it's not really the big surprise to me, Like even him trying to cover his identity, Tony Stark figured it out, you know, and then it progressed further in Homecoming and progressed further into.
Speaker 4: But it kind of takes away some impact of like MJ finding out right because like, well, she's gonna doesn't really matter if she found out there, Yeah, it did for I guess days in a few days, and it I mean it adds that aspect of like she figured it out, which is good like for her character, shows that she's smart and whatnot. But I guess, like now that doesn't really matter that she found out.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know everyone knows.
Speaker 4: So I mean not everyone, because more characters new than regular, but not everyone.
Speaker 1: And he can't go on the public now. Let's say, even if he's a good guy Spider Man, he clears his name, he can't go out to the public now because he didn't want that lifestyle like Tony and the rest of him, right, like this movie talks about so many times. So he just wants to be a kid and lives his life and be at the girl. He won't be able to do that now, even as good Spider Man, people will be braiding him all the time. He'll be on mission, so like his life is completely changed. Yeah, yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 3: But then it also depends, like you guys point out, we know we don't see his face, his face as Peter Parker, like in.
Speaker 1: The Spider Man suits.
Speaker 3: So I feel like, you know, the one thing he's gonna have to do is to continue trying to be normal on purpose, to kind of blend in, because I think he's going to try to protect his identity. And you know, I mean the fact that Peter Parker's face is there. You know, they could swing at any which way. Talas Nick or Talas Fury could just kind of throw in some kind of like change to the story, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: What if they put him in the suit, like dressed up with like a different face, and then Peter's there, and then they just have him like remove his mask. It's like, well, clearly true, They've they've shid very weak, very weak.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Yeah, that's because then is that how we're gonna go with Sperman three? Gonna be Oh, at the end of the day, he is secret identity and it's the waste of a movie.
Speaker 2: Definitely, Yeah, I know, I'm I really yeah, Because on one hand, if they revert it all and it goes back, it's kind of lazy and like why would they even reveal it in the first day? Yeah, exactly. But on the other hand, if his life is just never the same, I feel like I won't ever get the Peter Parker that or the Peter Parker Spider Man. Like I'm just gonna call him two different individuals because for me, I feel like Tom Holland is just such a perfect Peter Parker as well as Spider Man, Whereas like if you compared to like Toby Maguire, I feel like he was really good Peter Parker, but Spider Man I'm not the biggest fan of. Yeah, no, his quips weren't the best, but like, that's a line. But Tom Holland is just so perfect since everyone knows his identity, if he does become the new Tony Stark, if he does become the new leader of the Event, or like whatever it is. It's just I am worried that I won't ever get what I've grown to love with this character. But I could totally be.
Speaker 4: I don't know, multiverse he can go to a universe that doesn't I'm gonna say, Smiles can come to this one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say Spider Verse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying now we will see a multiverse, you know, one hundred percent. I think we'll see it in MC you at some point.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's pretty Sirett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty sick.
Speaker 3: But I I at this point, I think, you know, I don't feel any disappointment in the MCU. You know, they've they've done such a great job with their movies and oh really Justin Hammer, great character, Justin Hammer.
Speaker 1: They denegrate job with their movies.
Speaker 3: I don't say I'm not saying every movie is perfect, because like with the qualities that they.
Speaker 1: Choose to put in these movies and choose, you know, but I.
Speaker 4: Think there's gonna be a ship movie, because then it'll all dark, go back to.
Speaker 1: The dark world. I thought about the multiverse if they went him Ali Verus grabbed Toby and then threw him in the spearman Stuon and framed him, and they just log poor Toby up in this universe.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: I think that somehow they're going to you know, they did this for a reason. There's a bug on the Tim Horton's box. Uh, they did this for a reason. And I have no doubt that everything will be Everything will be fine. I one hundred percent think that they're gonna weave this into a larger story that will, you know, justify the direction they're heading, because already, you know, Foggy, he's got that ten year plan.
Speaker 1: I think he's looking at it. He's got the plants where I always push it again. That's why I feel like these feel so different, because this one's not just Foggy. He has to work with somebody as I was just he has to work with all Sony. They do their golf games, right, Yeah, that's where I don't think it's as bad. But even referring to like pro mutter and like, oh you can't have a female villain, there could be stuff like that, even stuff right now when they're like, oh, we want venom in there and five he's like, well, it's up to Sony if they want to do that. I just feel like he'll be sitting there like fuck me, like I don't want to be doing this. That thing where and you say they're gonna fall up, they didn't fall up on anime at all. So that's why I don't have faith that they're gonna follow.
Speaker 3: But they're going for the larger story though, that's what they're they're aiming for, you know. I mean, if those posters aren't eything to go off of for Sony, I mean it's not looking too good. But I feel like I feel like Figy and Sony, you know, they're they're going and they're playing. Maybe they're not playing golf right now, maybe they're playing bachi, doing some skee ball.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna dish it out, They're gonna hash it out, and they're gonna collectively come on to something really really good. I think the next Spider Man is gonna be a great, you know, end to that trilogy. If we are getting the nine films, I think it'll be a great end to his kind of little trilogy in high school and what they were going for. I also do want to shout out is very sad to have our first MC movie with no Stanley.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was so Yeah, it was a big bummer. Yeah. So my theory for Spider Man three is, so we got Jonah around Dylani Pine because it was like season one of Sperman the Animate series. But this is from the comics as well. Scorpion's origin story is Jonah decides he's gonna take down Spider Man himself, so he funds a project with little Matt Gargan to become the Scorpion. And it is kind of funny that we have Matt Gargan set up in the first one True and Jonah is back, and I think if they want to do there we are our own Jonah. That'd be the way of making him a bit more villainous. And I also think if he goes, oh, I need someone to help fund this, I think that's where we could get Norman Osborne in there. So that is my hard prediction that I don't think Scorpion would be the main villain because I just I don't think with that. I think that he's a good actor. He's from Better Call Saul. He's a talented guy, but I just don't think he's big enough star, I think. And that's why you almost surprised you could have got sinisor six here, because it could have been and Oh, the New York government or whatever they want to put together a team to take down Spider Man, we're gonna use these people. But I think there's a good chance that now that there's Jonah back and we have Scorpion set up, Scorpion will be in the movie, and I think he could be Norman Osborn will be helping him, like, oh yeah, I'm just doing this for the public. But I think, uh, there's a chance. But we said scorpions should be in the citations six. But you have to set him up somehow. And his origin story is literally Jonah pays for an operation to make him Scorpion, and now the public will want Spider Man's head. I know it seems that that's that's my bold. This is I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: You know, he's got a plan and he's going for and he's he's everything.
Speaker 1: Just trusting you know, I'm see you they know what they're doing. I trust in Yeah, yeah, that's the thing. Yeah, I trust Figgy.
Speaker 4: But you trust him doesn't mean if I love everything he does, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean you can trust an ammer Well.
Speaker 1: I like the movie, but I just didn't like the character.
Speaker 3: That's Figgy's favorite character, Wasn't that pre Figy didn't come in after Iron Men.
Speaker 1: So he started iron Don't vision is history? He started Iron Man one. Get off your horse. Oh you didn't have anything to do with Iron Man too. I'm back with the Times Stone here. No, I think, uh like that. That's that's a very good prediction. And I also, this one's not my claim, but I'll add on too, because I've been seeing people thrown around, and you know Marvel Netflix is dead, so Spearman might need a pure Parker might need a lawyer, might.
Speaker 4: Lawyer specifically cannot see.
Speaker 1: And there's a great animated series episode with that as well. So that one's not mine. The ones before those aremind you, but those around. I just saw someone tweet it was going viral of like Speriman might need a lawyer. It was just him and Daredel will go like, that'd be a pretty sick way to introduce a new Matt Murdoch in the MCU, because oh, that'd be great. Ben Affleck comes in, I'll take a pass on, But yeah, that I think if they're gonna bring in Daredell, that'd be the perfect way. And maybe Daredevil's a guy that believes in them. And that's again I guess I'm just kind of hoping the next Peraman is also more street level. Again, I want to be. That's why I prefer Homecoming, just because I like New York. I like the high school setting. So yeah, so I hope you're right, Taylor. I need I want to say I need a good trailer, but these had good trailers.
Speaker 2: So I will not did not have good trailers.
Speaker 1: No, well, I meant like they I'll be hype see Mysterio and all this. But I agree with you, but I need some selling on Spider three. Still. I don't hate this movie, just this is not my most anticipating If we ranked anticipate, which we actually have done, we should do that after Comic Con when they announce their slate. Like what we're most anticipating for this is probably like pretty at the Bomb, which sucks with Spider Man is easily a top five character. Maybe it's like above saying she and it's definitely above saying she in eternals. But after that, here's my here's my Spider Man three pitch. Here's your pitch. Okay, if you guys got pitched, go aheads.
Speaker 4: It related to the other Spider Man three that we've seen before.
Speaker 3: No, this is it could be done Tom holland Spider Man. I don't know what the name is yet, if you guys think of a name. Spider Man going Home, Emily had a good one. Spearman can't go Home. I don't like it because I want them to drop the fuck home thing. I'm over this, but if they're.
Speaker 2: Not Spider Man and the homies.
Speaker 1: Can't go home.
Speaker 4: That could be Spider Man home drop, any sort of fun with it, just home.
Speaker 3: So now, yeah, it's it's kicking off. You know, it's dark. It's a dark dark.
Speaker 4: This is Spider Man three again.
Speaker 1: But in this movie, Tom Hardy comes up. Guys.
Speaker 3: You hear narrations, Peter talking is like everything changed, you know when when Mysterio attacked and yeah, so then they it's uh, it's the scene sets, it's New York.
Speaker 1: He's swinging through.
Speaker 3: Then all of a sudden you see explosions behind him and you know something's going on. And underneath them street level, you see fucking ghost rider bike coming along them. Oh yeah, hear me out. Hear me out, Here me out, hear me out. You see ghost rider bike coming along and you think, okay, it's ghost rider taking taking him down, but it's it's it's Robbie raised. Robbie have a bike. He does.
Speaker 1: He didn't get snap. Hear me out, This is the pitch. He didn't get snapped.
Speaker 3: So we spent the time going from upgrading from his car to the bike over the five year period, and everyone thinks that he's taking down he's taking down Peter.
Speaker 1: But it's not.
Speaker 3: And this leads into the Spider Man game where Peter gets a ghost Rider suit.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen. Who's the villain of your movie? He didn't give that the villain score? Okay, you like that.
Speaker 2: I really like your prediction, though, I just feel like who's prediction just for the listeners? Oh yeah, thank you, thank you for reminding me. Travis Snell over there. No, it's just especially since they have all the pieces there, right, they got they got JJ in there. J. I probably shouldn't say they got j J Abrams in there.
Speaker 1: Now he should play ghostwriter.
Speaker 2: Yes, no I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 2: But no, you got you got Jamison, you got Matt Guart, And it just I don't know, especially last time I saw that was in I think like the PS one game. So it just be I don't know. I really like those characters, so it'll be a cool dynamic, especially since oh you got me excited to that Daredevil thought would be good.
Speaker 1: So we want the fish bowl, I want the tail now, I want I want the scarpon tel.
Speaker 4: You know, Dylan, you got any you have a ghostwriter pitch definitely not related to ghostwriter as a guy who's not a big fan of Ghostwriter.
Speaker 1: The character.
Speaker 3: You can promise me I'm a fan that you're a fan of ghost Writer. Yeah, I think tune into our July nineteenth stream.
Speaker 4: Because writers in that game.
Speaker 1: I hope we I don't want to unlock them before Uno the whle t is there on stream. That's the dream I want that.
Speaker 4: That's I think it's a few levels in. So yeah, I don't know. I don't really think I have a prediction so much. I would not be totally shocked. Actually if they did, uh some sort of multiverse where we Douce get like Miles or Spider Quinn instead of Peter as like the main the main character, and then Peter either dies or is just kind of chilling with the Avengers for his.
Speaker 1: Or in jail.
Speaker 4: Maybe in jail or he goes to some other dimension. But I was just thinking about, like, yeah, the fun dynamics of like Norman Osborne or like a doctor Octopus, Like, I don't know, are we gonna get like those dynamics. It's like hard to envision them in the same way. I don't think the dog have disappointing for.
Speaker 1: Me, No, So yeah, I don't think normany that I think will get a whole type of different Norman.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The more I think about like what they did here, actually the more I dislike it. So that kind of sucks. But I'm not like, I'm not I haven't lost faith by any means, because I still enjoyed this movie a lot. So I guess they just set up like for a few different things, right, Like the scrolls thing is like one whole can of worms, and they also cracked this one open, So I don't know. There's a lot that Gonda happen in the next movie.
Speaker 1: And there's a chance that he's not even an MCU in two years. We don't even know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly right, Like he could just disappear off the face of the earth.
Speaker 1: So then we'll get that speierman Venom Cross. I hope that's also not it. They bring Venom to like help him out with the crime. I don't need Tom Harry looking for Tater Tots with him and everything like that. Tater thoughts he eats remember that in the he just eats them frozen.
Speaker 4: As he pops out of the aquarium or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything else to say on a future Spider Man or we're getting to our last thoughts ratings. I will give this a seven. I think I would listen back a few weeks ago I get a speramn Homecoming and eight. I would drop that down to a seven as well, because I remember when I watch it was just like, man, this is so much better than Amazing Spider Man two. I'm happy, but more is the direction as I rewatch it. And again I still like these movies. These are still good quality comic movies. I had entertaining time. I will be excited when SPIERMN three rolls around Spider Man whatever. Like Dale said, Spider Man Home Comes homecoms that there home Comes that sets at the porn world for so many good titles. But yeah, it's just like I said, it's a mid lower tier. It's just strange to me that in these past two years, I never thought I would like a Captain Marvel and Antman the Watch movie more than these Spider Man movies. And that's the case. So and I guess I'm not that mad because they did Misterio perfect and we got Spider Verse. I know that's also Sony. So it's a strange thing. They had a weird They're like a weird mistress. You know, they give me Venom, but then they give me Spierus, then they give me this, so who knows. But so that guy softens the blow because we have that. I'm gonna rewatch that a bunch, and they're making a sequel to that. So, like I said, I've just kind of assumed that. I mean, I like these movies and we're like things in them, but they're maybe just not for me and what I like. If you like that, that's great, that's awesome. I'm sure there's many things. It's kind of like the Batman and BBS. Right, If you like that take, that's great for me. It's just not my favorite. So luckily that's getting rebooted this. I think that's the other problem. If this wasn't the main connuity, I'd be fine. It's like when we talk about Joker, that's just gonna be a one movie off and if it sucks, it never happened. Where this is. This is spier Man in the MCU, and now with two films kind of like this, it's just I feel like that's the way we're gonna be going. So yeah, a seven out of ten enjoyable. I liked it. I loved some stuff. The mysterio stuff was phenomenal, especially those trippy scenes we talked about. But yeah, I need some selling on that next one. I need some I need some good tidbits to get me going mm hm.
Speaker 4: As for myself, this one, yeah it falls I you know, after one watch, it's hard to say, and I'll definitely watch this movie a few more times. But like as of right now, it falls pretty much right in line with Homecoming, which is kind of not what I was hoping for because Homecoming is a good movie, don't get me wrong, but it's I feel like it's just fine, Like it's it doesn't blow me away, and it's a movie that's not terribly rewatchable, which sucks for a character I like so much. So I guess I was just hoping for this one to be like way above that, especially like the quality of Marvel has just been on so on point lately. So yeah, I was kind of hoping for something a little bit more. But I think going into this, what I really really wanted above all else was a good mysterio and I got that, So I'm very satisfied at the end of the day. Like I had a couple of little problems with the character. But for the most part, I was just it was what I wanted from this character on the big screen, So I'm pretty happy with that. But I think along the way there was just a bunch of things I didn't really consider, and unfortunately those things weren't done so well, just with like pretty much all this side characters, or not all of them, but a few of the side ones out at least. But there's also, as we just talked about, like I don't know a lot of looking forward with this movie as well, towards the end, with the end credit scene, even just the last scene, so I don't know. I'm very curious to see what they're doing with Spider Man at this point. I'm not definitely not the point where I'm worried by any means, because I still really enjoyed this movie, and I trust him in Marvel to make a high quality movie because they have been doing that pretty consistently lately. But yeah, overall, like for a character I love so much, little little let down, I guess, yeah, absolutely fair. Yeah, this movie was interesting because Lake Dylan I really needed a good mysterio.
Speaker 2: If they would have butchered that character for the first time I've seen him on like a live action screen, it would have just been so disheartening, yeah, exactly, but fortunately was not the case. He totally delivered the look of him just the whole play on just like tricking people, Like I just loved everything that they did with that character, and just I just felt so good and exactly like Travis said, like this might not be the most top quality like movie out there, but I'm totally rewatching this mainly for like Mysterio and like like the trippy scene, like those were just so good and I just feel like it carried the movie, whereas like some of those weaker those weaker spots in the film kind of brought it down, Like those really good ones kind of lifted up for me. So and then honestly, just seeing like JK. Simmons in this movie that ye, honestly like jotted it up a whole point for me, Like that was just so absolutely phenomenal. Getting to see him in there, and the stuff they did with MJ and Peter, I just love their dynamic and really growing to like that that interpretation of MJ. And then we've already mentioned it, Tom Allin's Perfect Spider man, Like I'm not kind of sugarcoat anymore. It's just like, yeah, I just absolutely love it. So I was originally gonna give this one an actual nine, an actual and actual nine honestly, like JK. Simmons in there like brings it up so much more and the mysterio is super high. There is some nitpick stuff, but honestly, I'm gonna drop it right back down to eight a full point because because total mind there, that whole point, that whole point that I'm losing is because of the MG reveal in the trailer like that. Actually that actually killed like a lot of hype for this movie for me, and like I'm I'm still upset about it, like honestly, like it's okay, I'm getting triggered.
Speaker 1: But yeah, three reveal something else as well.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I hope you'll forget all about that.
Speaker 2: I just forget. I just did not watch the trailer.
Speaker 1: They didn't put Joanah in the trailers, you know, yeah, Sony Man, Like, oh, you guys put us some good stuff, but not the best marketing. No, Taylor, take us home with you. I feel like I know what your score is gonna be, but really, what is it? I feel like you're dropping a tent on this one. You've defended it pretty hard for points.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's clinching his jaw. He's trying to.
Speaker 1: And you can go back on the replay. He was like yeah, and then when he said an eight, he just turned away. No. Yeah, I love this movie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get my tickets again, probably today to see it again, like I.
Speaker 4: You know, see it today or gonna get your.
Speaker 3: I'll get my tickets to see right now. I'll do double back to back. No, it was just it was such an overall just an awesome movie. I really really enjoyed, you know, Peter, I really enjoyed Mysterials so much, you know.
Speaker 1: JK.
Speaker 3: Simmons at the end was great. Like I loved everything they were doing. I was just so on board with, you know, the identity crisis thing. You know, it didn't really bother me that much because I feel at this point, like I said before, I feel like, oh, everyone just knows who he is and I'm just kind of rolling the rolling with it, you know. I like that he I like that Spider Man's identity is a secret.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: That's why I really like, you know, the Tobey Maguire movies and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But in the end, I like that MJ knows. I think it'll be kind of cool.
Speaker 3: I like the kind of like team up, like you know, backup kind of vibe I was getting from her from the movie though.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: But this movie did so much good stuff and I feel like it's heading down into a direction that I'm super excited for. This easily passes Homecoming from me. And you're gonna have to stay tuned to see where it lands on my Marvel ranking list because it's gonna be pretty fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so so excited.
Speaker 4: Did you give it a number so you're not gonna get Okay, there you.
Speaker 1: Go, Ladies and gentlemen, if you like this review, Tyry, where can they find us with your interconnection or your data because or data?
Speaker 3: Whether you can find us on the internet in the search bar geek verst s based podcast you.
Speaker 1: Can find tons of awesome stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's literally so much cool stuff, ton of check out, lots of spidy stuff.
Speaker 1: It's great and more coming. Yeah, we got lots of reviews. Just subscribe everywhere, whether you want the video or audio feed. Just go to then description of this podcast and you got everything and where we are. So thank you very much for tuning in this review. We hope you enjoyed it. We hope you enjoyed the movie. Until next time, it will not be boring. And what will we catch them on?
Speaker 3: Dem?
Speaker 4: What's it?
Speaker 1: What will we catch them?
Speaker 4: Then we'll get you on the very specific way.
Speaker 1: We'll get you on the web. Spid spider Man, spider Man, spider Man radio
Speaker 5: Yeah, spider Man, spider Man, radio active, spider blood, spider blood, spider blood, radio active spider blood