Speaker 1: I'm okay. I just smild them another to the face. It she want to stay singing to yo, preach that I was Jake, don't decide to tell me you mom me, he can't keep it.
Speaker 2: Really, if you really don't trust me, you come with a Really you have been in the front, so you get my meals.
Speaker 3: I'm conning for the money, money in the bank. Come on with a dank screling that tank, rolling with the gang you've sitting on the side of the trip, and I'll go to the whole with a rock light pippot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: What I don't welcome to order and waits live over sports dot Com. I'm easy to wrest more Racktion Primis Nicholas call Off Rad Holmes interview.
Speaker 3: Of the twenty twenty five twenty sixth season.
Speaker 5: Don't love it.
Speaker 3: I don't love it either.
Speaker 4: He said the things they need to say at the beginning, but I feel like he only said them because they needed to be set, don't. I don't think there's any actual I don't think it's gonna be action behind those words.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you meant those words.
Speaker 4: I think he just set them to save face in the beginning of the press conference when we got to a little bit of nitty gritty, because a lot of it was fucking word salad and balleting and paraetting around a lot. But when we finally got a little bit of answers and a little bit of those questions, a lot of them sounded like we're gonna be doing a lot of the same shit. So how you tell me you gonna look inward and change when needs to be changed because you want to get better. And then when we're asking about the specifics of the things, at least that I identify as what went wrong, your answers seem to be like, no, we're gonna be doing what we always do. Yeah, it's not changing.
Speaker 2: I think that it said it felt like forced and it didn't feel sincere. When he said things about changing, he kept bringing up like all of the guys that he hit on in free agency and none of the guys that he didn't. Nobody asked a question about Marcus Davenport, And when they asked him directly about the edge position, I believe it was Dave cat Uh said, Hey, you know, like, what's the scenario, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: What are you thinking about?
Speaker 2: Doing differently with that that spot that you did last year. He said nothing. He said, we're probably gonna do the same thing we did last season. So welcome back, Marcus Davenport. You're getting another extension. I don't like that he didn't take as much accountability as I thought he should have. I mean, he did give himself a failure. He gave the team a failure, gave him an.
Speaker 4: F Oh he said he set a failure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he didn't say that, didn't.
Speaker 4: He said that a failure.
Speaker 2: He said it was fail You wouldn't put a letter great up, which is fine because it was a failure.
Speaker 4: It was failure, but us your anson.
Speaker 3: I think the media kind of took it easy on him.
Speaker 4: They took it away too. I don't know if shot Thomond too. By the way, Amy, I should say, maybe they hit the podium or a room beforehand. It was like, hey, we can't ask questions about certain players. But that was in the case he did because it asked about Dave Montgomery. Did askepecify about Kirby Joseph Like I love about the guys in our town that do the media coverage. Obviously, we up a lot of times in the off seasons, that into the season, during training camp because certain times after the fans are allowed to be there, they are the only eyes out there. So like we you know, God bless him, thank you for all that. Like there were some softballs in there, there were some h what was the witness decision of firing Johnny Moe brother he he was calling canned week.
Speaker 3: Ten doesn't matter. You knew he was getting fucked.
Speaker 4: Along with stripped from week ten. They don't waste anything on Johnny mo question. How about who's coming up next? Question? Which there was a little bit of that. It was it was disappointment. I got. I say, the collective of the fucking entirety of the press conference is disappointed me.
Speaker 2: I think there were two extremely big ball drops by the Detroit Lions media in asking Brad Holmes questions. One, I needed someone to look him in the eyes and say, do you regret signing Marcus Davenport.
Speaker 4: That's what you needed to do.
Speaker 2: Ask him that and if he says yes and it's just yes, cool, that's enough. And then two, when he kept talking about the thing I didn't like to hear from him was oh, we were trying to get things done we were trying to do this, but it's not public information.
Speaker 3: We were trying to make trades, We were trying to do this.
Speaker 2: Yes, ask him when he's willing to do what it takes to get something done. Yeah, when he's willing to go over the top to actually accomplish one of those things, whether it's signing somebody, trading for somebody, or whatever.
Speaker 3: When are you willing to.
Speaker 2: Put your balls on the table and do what it takes to do what you need to do to win a Super Bowl? And nobody asked him that either, And that's disappointing because he said multiple times, Hey, we tried to get things done, but we couldn't end up making it happen. Okay, when are you willing to step up and do what needs to be done to make it happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the one and we got clips coming to I got some of them out to Chris. It was it just ended like twenty minutes ago. It's tough turn on times. You know, clip does and get him in. But I guess the part I guess why I'm disappointed too, is like the questions about the aggressiveness. You know, are you gonna be more aggressive this year? He's like, what does what does that mean? How's that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: I can't answer that without knowing who's available at the deadline. Like, well, no, you can answer because you weren't aggressive in the past five years. Yeah, so are you gonna be more aggressive than what you have been? I got maybe find aggressive?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fine aggressive? Brad?
Speaker 4: Are we children because you haven't been? I guess maybe in the draft you could say so, particularly in the third round this past year, But can you do that in the first round? You know? Are you ever gonna like?
Speaker 2: And then the David Montgomery stuff? That might be a thing. Man, that's ridiculous. That might be a thing.
Speaker 4: He's going.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's gone. He's not gonna be here next year.
Speaker 4: It's it's on Monty. They're gonna have the conversations on Monty because.
Speaker 2: If you're if you you say he is under contract for next year, he's gonna be a Detroit Lion next year. That's what you say when he has a year left on his contract. We were paying him fucking six million dollars. But he was like, oh, maybe he needs to be moved somewhere else to be more utilized.
Speaker 4: What that's a anti man, that's a two way street. Nick, did you get to listen to any of the press conference on the way in?
Speaker 7: I'm fired up for the that we have right now, fire earlier, so I apologize.
Speaker 4: You're good, You're good.
Speaker 7: I'm super fired up to hear it and react on spot. The only clips that I've seen is from our socials. By the way, Also, I don't want to out out anybody here, but I was reading what Maz said in our group chat. Yeah, fired up Maz right now. It sounds like nothing is changing from the likes of it, Mads, we'll talk on it.
Speaker 3: I'm coming from too.
Speaker 7: Don't check out the Shie show with ma.
Speaker 4: Don't fucking tell me you're changing ship. And then when we ask you the specifics.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna do it, do you not?
Speaker 4: You just like that?
Speaker 3: And that's what d n C and T put it in there.
Speaker 2: I noticed that too, and I commented it in the in the live chat when he said it, he literally hit us with the Scott Harris, well, good players aren't always good sometimes.
Speaker 3: He hit us with that.
Speaker 4: Did you say that?
Speaker 2: It was like, well, you know these pigs, you don't want to change things up and then maybe take a swing at this big player and it doesn't work out, and then that's that's.
Speaker 4: What he said, Christmas citting when he got Downloaver.
Speaker 2: When when will gms in this town not say something like that, you don't want to go after good players because they might not be good?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: What you know?
Speaker 8: Who I like?
Speaker 3: I hate to do it?
Speaker 4: Who I blame are the slap asses because they're the ones take the slope, like.
Speaker 3: Just scooping up with a big fucking bowl and we keep eating the same bullshit. It's their fault.
Speaker 7: Honestly, How was how was Doc in this?
Speaker 3: Did you guys hear the questions?
Speaker 4: Doc had questions, it's weird they say the good ones Towards the end of the press conference had a good question, yeah Justin Justin asked him about the edges, Yeah, I think cold and asked him about the trade that the Tesla trade. Yeah. And then it was like it was Rachel Hopper who asked about the David Montgomery one. Yeah, but they saved all the good stuff at the end. At the beginning was there was a lot of questions. We knew the answers to, Hey, why you fire Johnny?
Speaker 3: Do we not know?
Speaker 7: Was that from our body at Pride to Detroit. My friend himself, who I quote tweet and it said, good thing. You throw up softballs every time you talked to Brad you slap it, probably at his snap. And I also checking back in have we won anything yet? Check's notes. No, Jesus Christ, you're allowed to criticize your general manager when you haven't won a Super Bowl. Yes, we are super happy with this organization turning around, but there's a big difference in turning around and winning a super Bowl and exceeding expectations with which this team obviously didn't. I would have asked solely about the offensive line. That would have been my first question.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of questions about the offensive line and.
Speaker 7: He better aggressively attack at this offseason.
Speaker 2: He said he was going to that. That was one thing that I really liked out of that. The one thing that I was like, okay, I like that when he said that was when he was talking about the center spot. They asked him if Tate Ratles would be the center next year, and he said, like the same thing that Tate said, like, we'll get him some reps there. We'll get him some time, but we don't think he's ready to do that, and we are going to get a guy there to play center, whether it's trade, draft or free agency.
Speaker 3: That is what he said. So I did like to hear.
Speaker 4: That a lot.
Speaker 2: But then on the other hand, when they asked him about Taylor Decker leaving, he was like, oh, you know, we drafted Maneu a couple of years ago, so we're gonna be as prepared as we can.
Speaker 4: And I don't really know, like, is he gonna leave?
Speaker 9: What's it like?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: I forget who it was when somebody asked him, They're like, what did you learn from the Frank Ragnow stuff that just happened that will help you? I think it was Ben Raven. I think it was Ben Raven. It sounded like him. He was like, what what did you learn from the Frank Ragnow stuff last year that will help you with Taylor Decker if he leaves? And Brad was like, oh, I didn't really learn anything. We had to just you know, if you lose Frank Ragnow, you're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna replace him. No replace with Frank Ragnan.
Speaker 3: You could try, you could try.
Speaker 4: You can start the process well before the fucking draft before and not that he knew that Frank was gonna retire that year. I'm pretty sure Frank retired in May or in the month after in June, but still after twenty twenty four January January two twenty four, he was q Can in the locker room talking about he doesn't know if he's gonna continue to play. Yeah, so that's when you should have kicked the fucking ball in that situation.
Speaker 2: You know, I probably would have kicked the ball in that situation. When I heard the phrase inoperable toe, that's probably when I would have started looking at Okay, maybe we're gonna have to do this sooner than later.
Speaker 4: It's not even like something where it's like you have this this spot stash and your roster that's not doing nothing, Jeev. You're into your offensive lineman can play into your offensive line if you can't play like Frank used to play left guard left guard, so that guy could have been groomed to play into your offensive line, could have replaced Zeitler well before you walk into that trap too. And again, I hope Christian Mahogany works out. I do, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want to stop relying on sixth and seventh round picks to be starters on this team, especially on the offensive line. Like if you're talking about a linebacker or a running back in the sixth or seventh round, they're like, okay, maybe he's something. All right, we could talk there. Even a wide receiver maybe, but with with what you have, with what you need on the offensive line. I talked to without this already, invest first round picks in there. When you do it works, Penny Sewell, Taylor Decker, Frank Ragnow invest the first round picks.
Speaker 7: One question that I have for you guys, and once again I apologize for not listening to it live. Did he listen or did he get questions about trading up using multiple resources for Isaac Tesla, a guy who was never.
Speaker 4: Going to be he was asked that question.
Speaker 7: Did he try to take a victory lap?
Speaker 3: We will get to that good stuff.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to hear what Brad Holmes has to say about this. And I know we got some fire to talk about later talking about an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: We do have a lot. We got a lot of Brad Limb's clips to get to. We got a lot of stuff to talk about. But Mike mcdamn, Mike McDaniel officially has been reached out to by the Detroit Lions to interview for the vacant offensive coordinator spot.
Speaker 3: This is not a drill. This is per.
Speaker 2: Ian Rappaport having reached out to Mike Daniel to interview for their vacant head coordinators or their vacant offensive coordinator spot. So the best offensive mind in the market was reached out to by the best available offense to see if he wants to run it next year. So I would be able to forget about Brad just going yeah, we tried, Yeah, you know, sometimes you just gotta try. Yeah, but when when we try, sometimes it doesn't work. I could forget about that for an hour if you signed, Mike McDaniel, I promise you I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put a poll in the chat you guys, let me know what you want to react to first, uh, in order the way that we have them on some of the ones that we have from Brad homes clippings. We'll get to all that stuff. Let me make the poll real quick, spinny. How about them pistons last night?
Speaker 2: Pistons were awesome. Last night Pistons were great. We're not talking pistons. Sorry, we're going to break, We're coming back and we're doing Brad Holmes. So click on which one you want to hear coming out of break because we got Brad Holmes cuts fee to pick from.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about Planning Fitness. Planefit is the home, the judgment.
Speaker 2: Free zone where everybody, we mean everybody can get a full body workout thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. All that for just fifteen dollars a month, or upgrade to the black cart and get you some many's like hydro massage, total body enhancement. Access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide. Join in club or online at planefitness dot com Planet Fitness, where your fitness is essential.
Speaker 9: Get ready for the ultimate sports experience.
Speaker 10: Join former University of Michigan Star and NFL Sensation Brailan Edwards alongside the charismatic ship Brailer Edwards Touch I say break down the latest in sports like never before. Tune into the Braillen Edwards Show a Ship touch Down Edward wee days from two to four pm only on the Woodwards Sports Network. Don't miss out on hot topics, insider insights and the banter that keeps you coming back from more.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about get a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about fre fitness training and the judgment free zone that leads and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 10: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 4: Listen. No know you guys are stressed out for the Brad Holmes press conference. The best way to relieve yourself without harming anyone or anything is by purchasing massage chair from my guy, doctor Eric Duncan's Massage Chairhouse. Scan the QR code, visit his channel on YouTube. It's the number one massage share review channel on the interweb. Makes you check out the Massage Chair House. We're up welcome bite to whatever weight. It's live Whichwards dot Com he's us more racks on Chris Nicholas, cold off, smash like button, Be a friend, Tell a friend, and share the stream. We are reacting live to the Brad Holmes press conference. Real quick super chat from Kenny Powers. Easy friendly reminder that year five for this coach slash quarterback duo is now over. Shockface, shockface. Listen, don't don't bring none of that here. We might get him Mike McDaniels soon.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 3: Brad kept going, huh. I'm gonna reset.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna reset the clock when we get a mic. He's a former head coach, that's kind of a new coach coming in. I'm gonna reset the clock when we get Mike McDaniel. Huh.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a fair question.
Speaker 4: Can I do that for you? That's a fair question, you know, Oh, Brad, I'm not trying to avoid your answer.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to avoid your question. I'm not trying to avoid That's what he kept question. I heard that two or three times, you know. Question.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to avoid I'm not trying to avoid answer your question.
Speaker 2: But like, all right, the people want to hear ed Rusher. It nearly beats offensive line. So we'll do ed rusher first and then we'll go to offensive line. Christy, you have the ed rusher, but let's run it. Here's Brad Holmes.
Speaker 7: Leave this without asking an edge question.
Speaker 12: Brad took a lot of different bites from the Apple last year through kind of a multifaceted plan. Muhammad obviously worked out really well. The rest of the collective didn't give you a whole lot. I don't think any of that's under contract next year except for hassinin kind of in that project ballpark. So what what did you learn from your approach last year that can maybe help you find that that guy to give you something opposite in this this offseason.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean it will be the same approach that we took last year in terms of.
Speaker 6: The position. Wasn't ignored in the draft. He just couldn't.
Speaker 13: It just didn't come to together like like how we would have liked it to be from from a draft standpoint. But you know, Muhammad played really, really well. I'm not sure how many how many other teams had, you know, an eleven sack and a fourteen and a half sack guy. I thought the russ were good, but I understand that he's a free agent. You know, Davenport's free agent. So we're definitely gonna have to look and replenish.
Speaker 6: Opposite of Hutch for sure, same approach.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: It'll be the same approach. It'll be the same fucking approaching.
Speaker 4: Detroit Lyons allowed the fifth longest time to throw the National Football League this year. I give a fuck less about how many addresses you have? Double the sacs? Did you watch the film? Fuck the face value numbers? Dude, Look what the fuck is happening on the what's the same approach.
Speaker 3: You're out of the playoffs. We shouldn't be doing nothing. The same other things actually worked, the same approach, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: At the beginning, we started apology, I fucked up, I'm looking at I want to be better. And then you get to one of the things like, hey we probably could use something there, or hey, teams doing that are actually winning fucking super bowls.
Speaker 3: Always checked the year after year after year after year after year.
Speaker 4: It's stop fucking Tom Brady, it stop fucking Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: It's the same approach.
Speaker 4: Nothing nothing opposite of Hutch work this year, opposite of guys trying to extend plays and fong to the lap of Muhammad most times and not.
Speaker 3: Yes, he made a few good plays, but he came to.
Speaker 4: Keep him out there on the field long enough, not because he was hurt, not because he couldn't rely him on the run game. The same approach. What are we doing? Like, this is what I'm saying. This is like when you asked me and I said, hey, I think I think Howie Roseman wants to win more than Brad this year.
Speaker 3: But I have faith to Brad and change that. This is not that.
Speaker 4: This is not my faith.
Speaker 3: It's dwindling. Now, brother, I don't know what you want me to do.
Speaker 2: This is not changing. This is being stuck in your ways. And this is honestly, flat out ridiculous. Like you talk about Okay, yeah, two guys double digit sacks, awesome, so great. Surely you didn't have Jameis Winston absolutely carve you up. Surely you didn't have guys just standing back there doing whatever they want. Like, hey, you look at the same approach that you took last year would be Marcus Davenport, Josh Pascal, and Levi own Zerike. So you're gonna sign three guys and two of them don't play any games and one of them plays four. The same approach would be absolutely ludicrous if Brad Holmes goes out there tries to do the same thing at edge and expects something to work.
Speaker 3: Because the defensive line was awful last year.
Speaker 2: It was like easy said, they were bottom five in letting quarterbacks sit back there all day the time to throw fifth highest.
Speaker 3: It is just bad.
Speaker 2: That's something that I really wanted to hear out of Brad Holmes in this press conference. I really wanted to hear him say, Okay, it's been a couple of years now, we really haven't made a move to bring anybody worth his shit opposite of Aden Hutchinson, So we're gonna try something different. No, I think we're gonna do the same approach that had us as one of the worst defensive lines in football.
Speaker 3: It goes beyond to like the pressure of the quarterback too.
Speaker 4: And I get the s positions, probably not the number one position you looking at the field to stop the run, but you're also shit in the fucking run too. And one of the reasons I've been told you don't go after these speed rushers, The reason why you don't get these guys to get the quarterbacks. You want somebody to plays the run. That's the number one foundation of this defense, to stop in the run. That didn't happen the back half of the season. It was It was pitiful, was god awful. You can't have the same approach. What do you mean the same approach? The only thing I could take away and spend doctor it to myself for my own sanity. As they said, Hey, we tried some things in the drafting didn't work. Okay, No, maybe then make them work. That's what I want that question.
Speaker 2: You tried some things that didn't work, Okay, When are you gonna do what's needed to make it work? When are you gonna do what's needed to get the guy that makes it work. I don't want to hear, Oh we called about Danil Hunter. Oh we called about Miles Garrett. Oh we were so close to drafting James Pierce Junior. When are you gonna do what's needed to make it work and get it done. That's what separates people from pretenders to champions, the ones that get it done. So I don't want to hear about how you've tried and failed or oh it's not all public information. Do something that's tangible, so it will be public information. Do something that other people won't to get the guy you need. And that's that shit pisces me off. Oh we tried to get it done, but can't well get it done. Do something. When are you gonna do what it takes to get it done?
Speaker 4: Nick, you were probably the biggest fan, the biggest proponent of Marcus dabfore going into last season. You thought that was the answer. Everyone else is tripping. What was your reaction to that answer?
Speaker 7: Oh, go on, don't do that to me, don't do that. I was the only one in here saying all this shit about the defensive end approach. And let me just say, you're you were banking on and the numbers came out okay in terms of AHM and the uh double digit sack, But let's be honest here. He was a sixth round journeyman that you brought in that stumbled into a few really good games. But you know what, he didn't have good games. Let me tell you about these playoff teams that we played against. The La Rams. No show, one tackle, no sack against Pittsburgh, no show against Green Bay, one tackle, no sack against Philly, no sack. Those are four games against playoff teams where he didn't show up at all. Against Green Bay the first time, no sack. You're talking about games where you actually are going against real, true opponents that you could play in the playoffs. When you did that, AQM got bullied by good tackles. AQM was never gonna be this long term answer. Congratulations to him. He'll probably get paid somewhere else for having an eleven and a half sack season or whatever it came down to exactly. But you want to talk about broken Glass Davenport, we're running back that show? Or do you want to talk about no show? Josh Pascal, Like, what are we doing here? Brad? I don't understand how he can repeatedly say this and it just comes back to we're good, We're good. It's his philosophy. I don't understand when it continues to not work, how you don't fix it. Everybody thinks Brad Holmes is a very smart man, including myself. This is the one thing that'll cost the Detroit Lions of Super Bowl if he does not fix straight up facts.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of super chats in there. Freddy Fellis has booked the Heavies for a real Brad Holmes interview. Brad Holmes would not want this whatever Anakin Sky. The Lions would not do that. I promise you the Lions would not.
Speaker 3: Do that and interview fucking Graham Glasgow.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let me interview Graham Glasgow. And it's gonna be awesome. I was gonna have him pass block me and just throw me in the dirt. It would have been great content. But they're too scared for that because they know we're not pussies and we don't bend over or for him Anakin skyogre with the super chat. I I just I don't know anymore. It's frustrating. It's fair feel that Burn says uh when he said we look at the character and fit and will take a guy like that over a more talented guy. I seized up at that one. Yeah, that is tough. Freddie Felt says, arrogance and complacency will close this window. And that's if you stay. If you tread water in this league, you drowned. You need to swim forward. Sideless burning there says our approach. In the casino, We're going to buy a stack loado tickets edges and put all of our chips on red in the third round.
Speaker 3: All or nothing, damn aggressive.
Speaker 2: Nick in there says, what did he try the draft Jihad Campbell and uh, always he means James Chiss James Pearce junior at ten and a half sacks on the year, that was reportedly a guy that Brad wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should have went and got him.
Speaker 2: Then, Uh Anakin Skyeuger, Can I ask the hosts and the chat something. I'm getting the vibe that you guys want Brad fired? And this is true? How many of you want Brad fired?
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to go to your room. Yeah, go on the beat.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The Detroit Lions rank thirtieth out of thirty two teams and time to pressure on defense during the twenty twenty five season, so.
Speaker 2: They were the third worst team in the NFL this year and pressuring the quarterback time getting to the quarterback, Yeah, getting to the quarterback. They were the third worst team in the entire.
Speaker 4: NFL, the slowest for sure.
Speaker 2: There were only two teams that allowed the quarterbacks more time to pass in the National Football League this year than the Detroit Lions and Bradley Holmes.
Speaker 4: It'll be the same approach was.
Speaker 2: To do the same approach of putting guys who walk around in caskets out there. Awesome, awesome, dude, dude clad the Super Bowl windows still open, Chris Agar says, Brad hinted at defensive scheme too.
Speaker 3: Yes, we got a lot more from Brad. Trust me.
Speaker 2: Just try and catch up on the super chants for you guys. Mikeya says, I'm gonna lose my shit if Davenport has resigned. Oh meet too, buddy, me too, unless it's like for seven hundred bucks, Grandpa Joe's stinky tones says. He says, Brad Holmes, your fire, fire fire.
Speaker 7: How are you saying that? But we're asking for the GM of our team to have some goddamn accountability when you screw up, specifically as much as Brad Holmes did the last offseason, and you can even say the last two off seasons for that matter, in terms of the draft, but more specifically this one. It's just to have some damn accountability. That's all the fans are asking for, Chris.
Speaker 14: And I'm not sitting here asking you to fall on your store completely, like kill your own ego and say I'm I'm a terrible person, Like, no, you can. I get that. You're not gonna say everything you want to do this summer.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 14: Obviously you don't want to show your cards, but you do have to just show some type of accountability. This reminds me of that of that press conference that I really hated from Johnny Moe when he was like, can we stop talking about the packers? Like That's how a lot of his approaches were. Even the reporters when they talked about Edge, they were like, hey, Brad Edge question, ha ha ha, Sure you don't want to talk about this, Like everybody's on eggshells there about this stuff, Like you've made the media uncomfortable to ask the tough questions. And so I just need I don't need you to completely you know, I don't know to self deprecate here, but I need you. But I need you to show at least some some like inkling that you're trying to change something. That's it, Like I don't want I don't want.
Speaker 3: To, Chris. It's not that there's an inkling he's trying to change something.
Speaker 2: He is actively telling you nothing is going to change about the way he approaches the edge position.
Speaker 14: And that's the issue.
Speaker 2: So if you want a good edge opposite of Adon Hutchinson, it's not gonna happen. Brad Holmes just told you he is not changing the way that he addresses the edge. So you better learn to love Marcus Davenport. Four more years of Davenport. Let's go break, we'll come back. We got more Brad Holmes audio.
Speaker 3: I'll get this slap.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Sharon Sharon's Heating and air Conditioning.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: They have been servicing Michigan companies for over forty two years, and unlike Brad Holmes, if something isn't right, they fix it. They just got a brand new website. They didn't say, hey, we're gonna do the same thing with that same old website. No, they got a new one and it's got a ton of friendly user things. Everybody loves it, and they're winning super Bowls on the internet for air conditioning and heating.
Speaker 3: Sharon's no one.
Speaker 10: He gives you away more fashion prizes than wood Winds Sports.
Speaker 9: Here's a lad It's ten.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 15: Post said, hey, if you got all the stuff right, uh, you know, we'll give it's ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, well, why the hold up.
Speaker 9: And the winning doesn't stop there? How about our OutKick your coverage win.
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 10: Bigger prices, bigger cash, merch, chickens and more, all from the biggest sports network in Detroit. No one does it bigger and better than Woodward Sports.
Speaker 8: Make sure you're following, liking.
Speaker 10: Subscribing on Instagram, Facebook, axing YouTube for your chances to share the winnings from Detroit's number one sports networks, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 16: In any Lady Jans Haircuts for Men Today, Open seven days a week, Sit back, relax and enjoy precision haircut, skelt massage, hot leather neck shape and hot towel treatment from one of our talented stylists. Step up your game this season and take advantage of our twenty dollars haircut special.
Speaker 4: Scan the QR code and get your coupon today.
Speaker 16: Lady Jane Haircuts for Men, the ultimate haircut experience. Open seven days a week. Walkins always welcome. Lady James Haircuts for Men. It's wicked awesome.
Speaker 10: Congratulations to the real Coach of the Year Murdy City, Dan Campbell.
Speaker 9: Just put your head down and go to work.
Speaker 3: It's about three fun, man, there's about three fun mister vapors for the fancy weed.
Speaker 4: Smoke guys, the guys that enjoy the precision, performance and design clarity, the type of guys that enjoy premium three grand disposable THAC vapes available in Barry Skittles, Bluebery, Gelatto, bombscle g Lemon, Hayes, Rush Ice, Phantom Punch, Rainbow Runs, Strawberries, Athory, and Vanilla cush and don't forget the fan favorite Donkey five available in a dispensary near you find a store located. Map online at ww dot miss the vapusoor dot com. Don't put the dot in the midst.
Speaker 3: It's a website.
Speaker 4: Silly, silly.
Speaker 3: What after welcome mic, the way it's live or what sports dot com? He's doing much reacts on Chris Nicholas.
Speaker 4: Cold Off, Smash like Button, be your friend, Telefriend, share the stream.
Speaker 3: We're kind of react to the Brad. We're not kind.
Speaker 4: We are reacting to the Brad Holmes press conference, his exit interview of the twenty twenty five season where he told you, guys at the position, he's gonna do the same approach and I saw coming from Danny g It's like, hey, you know we got we got the sacks, we got some pressures.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a scheme thing.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, you got sacks and pressures based on the you go watch the games. I insist specifically the Lamar Jackson game. I insist pacifically the very first Chicago Bears game, just the two that come to my mind, and maybe in the Baker Mayfield game, although Baker Mayfield Alee McNeil was on it asked a little bit, but these guys are scrambling into these pressures. Yeah, I'm saying they're trying to extend plays, scrambling into these sacks like it's it's not they were. They got to the quarterback and it was at the time and fashion they got like the context. Context is king in this sport. You can't look at these numbers for face value. You gotta look at like why are they that way? How do they get that way? So you can't just fucking oh, second most touching passion touchdowns the.
Speaker 3: League, Your go up most second best quarterback. Okay, Like that doesn't work that way.
Speaker 4: You gotta watch the film and according to film, according to top pressure, it wasn't there. You know what I'm saying, it's it wasn't consistent. On top of that, you were getting fucking ran on like Bonnie Blue in the run game.
Speaker 2: Woodward put a bonost out there with a picture of do you still believe in Brad Holmes? I commented under it, I said at Grock, make him apologize, and Grock responded, Brad, if you are listening, sorry, Lions fans, next draft, I'll make it right. Just kidding Spencer. I can't actually make him apologize. What's the beef?
Speaker 3: I said, Okay, fine, just put him in a bikini.
Speaker 2: Steve Lehman with the super chat in there, he says, if Brad is going to do the same thing, we're guarding the edge position, then shep has to go. His defensive philosophy is man heavy. This cannot survive with what Brad's doing. The offense can't carry.
Speaker 4: You can't have a man coverage scheme if you can't get after the quarterback. Yep, straight up, straight up, it's just not gonna work in your favor. These wide receivers these days are too good. These these offenses, these route concepts are just too good. It's you can't I think I saw. I didn't watch the entirety of the video, but I came out of the guy's name. He does ANFL content all the time, but he posted something. He's like, Yeah, only twenty seven percent of snaps in the league, our man coverage, it's dwindling down. And the Detroit Lions and my I mean not even in my opinion, have not had an elite defense, maybe for a little bit when they're healthy in twenty twenty four and Aaron Glynn. Outside of that, it's not been that way. So if you're watching the other defense be elite, why don't we fucking go do what they're doing?
Speaker 3: Is common sense?
Speaker 9: Shit?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, like you think if what you're doing is consistently not working, I don't understand if he gave it a two year window, three years pushing it, but sure year fucking five six, What are we doing? Uh?
Speaker 2: Grandpa Joe stinky toes is hitting the grindstones back to work? Yeah, it's it's tough. But the people want to hear about the offensive line. So here's Brad Holmes talking about the offensive line.
Speaker 13: Do think that those young players will get better, but just the offensive line as a whole, whether it's the interiors or the tackle. That's something that's kind of continuously. We're gonna have to be urgent in terms of adding to.
Speaker 2: I will say I will say the one thing about this press conference that I did enjoy, Like I said, he realized, he acknowledged any stress that they're going to improve the center position. They're going to get somebody in there, whether it's trade, free agency, or draft. But then again, I guess they did that last year too, and I'm just hoping the guys they bring in are King a quum wan and and and Michael Nice or they draft a seventh round center and he says, see, you need to invest serious capital into it. That's why I need the goddamn reporters in this city to look him in the eyes and say, are you going to bring in a top tier center next year?
Speaker 4: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 2: And if he said, oh, WHOA, what's a top tier center to you? A good center, Brad? Are you gonna bring in a good center, they could.
Speaker 3: Play right now because I don't want to hear oh, we're gonna address it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it, like he said, oh we addressed uh, we addressed edge in the draft. Yeah, with a sixth round pick, bro do something worth of ship, bringing a guy that's worth the shit.
Speaker 3: No offense to to uh to a hasinin.
Speaker 2: But like when I hear we addressed the position in the draft and it's a sixth round pick, that's fucking bullshit.
Speaker 4: Du Yeah that was a fucking here you go. The offensive line stuff is different from this year because I think that's something again you shoul you should kick the tires on in a twenty five draft class after the you know, your NFC championship game where your center you're all pro guy, and I get that every player is. You can't just go out there and find a Frank Ragnow, Frank Ragnells aren't out there growing on trees. But you knew that he wanted to retire, so you probably want to get somebody in the building. I think the Eagles did the same They did the thame with Cam Jurgens, and maybe they had a little bit better of understanding with what was going on with Travis Kelsey. I'm sorry, Jason Kelce, but you knew still he was contemplating it. And again, it's not like it's a fucking I'm drafting another quarterback that it's absolutely not gonna see the field until this other guy is gone.
Speaker 3: No, it's an interior offensive lineman that.
Speaker 4: Could play left guard, could play right guard just as much as it could have played center. This year, when you lost Graham Glasgow for a few games instead of guys that are getting poached off your practice squad like Kingsley, you know, it's just it felt like a common sense thing. Now again, that's going back a couple of years. This year is a little bit different. I think they're gonna attack this left tackle spot for sure.
Speaker 3: With urgency.
Speaker 4: They need to.
Speaker 3: There's no other way around it.
Speaker 4: They have to the center spot too, And then maybe Graham is this I'm sorry, not Graham, but well yeah, maybe Graham is the center and maybe takes the center, but you still have to dress the interior offensive line with somebody.
Speaker 7: Graham is certainly not a center. I mean, did you see how disappointed this guy sounded to be get moved from guard to center. Yeah, this team absolutely failed in the offseason, and it was Brad's fault one hundred percent for not addressing this before you go with the pick. And Manu was supposed to be a developmental guy. Manu can't play, so you got you get that one wrong, and that's okay to get them wrong. At times you just need to make up for it. Like this offseason, you need to make Tyler Linderbaum an offer four million over anybody else. Creed Humphrey highest center in the league right now at eighteen million dollars annually. One, I'm starting at twenty three. I don't want to hear that the Ravens match this offer. I'm starting at twenty two. Go to twenty three. If this team has an elite off offensive line. Jared Goff is in elite quarterback. You saw what Gibbs looks like when he gets hit in the backfield. He's not coming out of it. You saw what Monty looked like at times this year. If you are able to get the elite center in Tyler Linderbaum, who is on track for an unbelievable career right now, Hall of Fame, probably you make him your franchise center, and you have to maneuver the cap get enough money to do so. But that's where I want all of my attention going. If I was Brad Holmes, it's Tyler Linderbaum, and I'm making him the highest paid center, which is one thing that he has yet to do in his whole entire career with the Lions is outsourced and drop an absolute bag and reset the market for a player that hasn't been in this culture, and that's Tyler Linderbaum. Make it happen, Brad, no excuses.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: You literally just told us you're gonna nickel and dime the defense line. You just told us that you're not going to sign a big name at Rusher. You literally told us that. So don't tell me, oh, well, we have to save the free agency money where maybe don't sit on ten fucking million dollars. Maybe pay Kevin Zeitler that ten million dollars that you were just sitting there doing nothing with because he would have helped. He's an all pro level guy. So don't tell me, oh, we have to use that money allocated elsewhere. No, you're not going to You're either gonna sit on it or you're gonna sign five guys then none of them play because they're all injured. Maybe just sign one really good player and then nicol and dime everything else. Give me the fucking Linda Bam, give me a center, give him twenty two million. I don't care you need it. You need it.
Speaker 3: You you said yourself earlier, right, you would dress the needs in free agency, will address that fucking need.
Speaker 4: God damn it.
Speaker 3: Well shit, welcome back by bet.
Speaker 4: I am fairly confident they'll address the offensive line this year. I think one Dan Campbe's gonna make sure gets happened because one of the reasons he's gonna do it his job's in the fucking line. Look what's just happened to Mike McDaniel getting candidate because he's fucking too wa sucked this year.
Speaker 3: He's a winning record as the head coach. Too fucking sucked.
Speaker 4: That's not all I Mike McDaniel and so Dan Campbell for the sake of his job, for the sake of last Seacon hot, give me a fucking offensive line. Jared Goff, same situation. I'm your franchise player. I'm the highest paid guy in this team. Give me a fucking offensive line to work with. I think they're gonna address the offensive line. Actually fact, in fact, I think he said that in the beginning somewhere, that yeah, that's that's something of an urgency they're gonna address. But the way he handled it this past season and the seasons before was disappointing, and hopefully there's something that be learned there, especially particularly with the with the grand Glass coows not grand Glass. I apologize that.
Speaker 2: That is the two things that pissed me off the most about Brad Holmes press conference, other than him saying he's not getting a good addresser, was when he said, oh, defined aggressively, like, Brad, shut shut up a child?
Speaker 3: Next, are you a child?
Speaker 4: Brad?
Speaker 2: We need to define aggressively for you? Or when he said, uh, how could she slap?
Speaker 4: No clue why I said that? No, yeah, all right, when we come back real quick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you said you believe they will attack the offensive line?
Speaker 3: Yes you have.
Speaker 7: Are we talking about signed all of the you know Calvary Calvarry, Like, are we a full steam ihead attacking this thing? Do you believe they will? Like they need to first round? I believe agency.
Speaker 4: Listen, I can't promise you the draft, somebody worthy of that pick has to drop there, Like I'm not forcing to pick on a second round talent because he plays a position. But in free agency they're gonna grab somebody somebody for damn sure. And yeah at some point the draft, they're gonna grab some offensive line.
Speaker 2: I believe I believe the highest paid person they get in free agency will be an offensive lineman. And I believe the highest drafted player in this draft will be an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Yeah. In addition, draft class, if you get the seventeen and you're standing at a guard, that's better than the tackles you take the guard, I have no problem with that. Address the intereer offensive line, it's not it's been perfect or good at all. When we come bake though, we do have Brad Holmes comments on the aggressiveness. They were quite interesting. Uh oh, infuriating, to be honest with you. But first tell us about Loom Loom Cannabis. I'm gonna need to pick up when I get home. I already got one rolled up for me. It's a cannon of a log and I got the butt from Loum. Go to Loom dot com. He's promo code WSN thirty. You get thirty percent off. I got the Docy dough. That stuff is chronic. They've also got their exclusive products like the vapes and the buzz and drinks and all that good stuff, and you can get thirty percent off all of it. He's in promo code WSN thirty. It's loom cannabis.
Speaker 10: Love Woodward Sports, love wearing clothes, then you should be wearing Woodward Sports clothes.
Speaker 9: Check out our full line merchant Woodwardsports dot com just click on shock.
Speaker 10: We have all your favorite designs and like Dan Campbell, meeecaps, Woodward Golf, and of course our own love merchandise. Men, women, insnce kids all love Woodward Sports. Impress your friends, Impress your boss, and fresh your dog.
Speaker 5: School in Detroit.
Speaker 9: That's schools fans in the world.
Speaker 10: That's why they deserve the best sports coverage in the world.
Speaker 8: We are the foot Ward Sports Network.
Speaker 4: Hook yourself up and purchase a fifty dollars gift card from Buddy's Pizza because now you get that fee dollars to spend any time at your convenience, including in personal online at their multiple locations. But you also get a free four square one topping pizza from Buddies, the original, the originator of the de choy style pizza. What up, don't welcome bike to whatever It's live. We're sports dot Com. He's you must be more racks on. Chris Nicholas cole Off Real Live Monday from Friday five to seven on this right her channel. Make sure you guys subscribe. We're trying to hit that hunter k. We're over here crashing out about the Brad Holmes press conference because it's just it was some of the same some of the same shit that you just didn't want to hear because you need a change.
Speaker 8: Brother.
Speaker 4: We're on the fucking playoffs right now, and I'm trying to get Chris a better version of this video. But I got the quote as he's getting the video, all right, he was asked this from our guy Doc by the way, shout at Doc for not being scared to ask actual product.
Speaker 3: And then all though some guys, you know, o Jo grab his nuts, lo Joe cole on justin.
Speaker 4: I mean, some of you guys actually asked good questions, but the beginning it was a little bullshit, softballly. But Brad Holmes and I quote says, I don't want to whant to ask about aggressive this because I don't want to sit here and say that just more activity is going to be the answer. Honestly, a lot of the things we'll look at and a lot of the change in tweaks that we will make probably won't come with the headline take that I will respond following this video. But here's Brady.
Speaker 17: At this point in time, the organization has regressed, didn't get to the postseason this year. When you look at changes you could make, does that involve potentially more aggressive decision making and free agency and the trade deadline?
Speaker 13: Uh, that's that's that's hard to that's hard to say without being faced with the dynamics of who the players are. You know, it's it's a lot that goes into to those decisions. I guess what I'd say about that is, you know, we we we work very hard in terms of well, I guess I'll back up. I understand if you don't see a certain amount of uh uh, let's call it transactional activity. And that's all you don't see. You don't see the result, you don't see another player at it, you don't see the trade, you don't see the big splash signing. But our work ethic has always been high and a lot of times, really really all the time is you have to put so much work into making sure that you don't make a mistake. Really, the easier thing to do is to see a name of interest that you've heard of, you think it has been a good football player, and then you just make a call, make the move, and then you just didn't really put in all the time and efforts to find out, well, why do this players even available or why is this player not being signed back? So it's it's a lot of work that goes to So that's not gonna change. But but I don't want to sit here and say that just more activity is gonna be the answer. Honestly, a lot of the things that we'll look at and a lot of things, a lot of the changes in tweaks and adjustment that we will make, uh, probably won't come with a headline, but that's not to say that we won't do something that's in that splash category or but but I don't think it's any It's not indicative of a lack of effort, work ethic. Look, I think somebody one of y'all called me at the trade deadline and asked me, you know, did you did you talk to anybody? And I just kind of, you know, I wouldn't offend it, but I think my response was, well, why are you asking me now? Because it's an NFL calendar item with a with a title on it. You know, you didn't ask me about if I talk to anybody early November or October or September or August, or in June or in like the roster building thing and engaging in talks with teams.
Speaker 6: That's that's year round.
Speaker 13: But I totally understand that that's not public information and you can only just go off of what's what's out there. But there's there's a lot of work, so the work out that's not going to change, but we'll still be looking at everything.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So so some Brad Holmes right now is telling me that that he doesn't want well, you know, you never want to, you know, go out and sign a good player because they might not be good anymore and you have to look at the things that they have done to get in that position. So so you look into that, right and you're not worried about, oh, I don't, I don't know signing Marcus Davenport who hasn't played more than five games. You can oversee that, okay, Okay, you can overlook uh Emmanuel Moseley twice, signing him twice, who had season ending injuries multiple times.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can overlove.
Speaker 2: You can overlook a kid with fucking cancer that you drafted, but you can't overlook somebody who was a good player because he might not be good again.
Speaker 3: What the what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: I'm so sick of the fucking gms in this town looking at me and saying you don't want good players because they might not be good again.
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Go get somebody with a pulse and somebody who plays games, and somebody who's good at football.
Speaker 3: It's really not that hard.
Speaker 4: I can't really say any better than that, to be honest with maybe a little calmer, I but you can't say, hey, yeah, you gotta find out why these guys aren't being resigned. When you resigned Marcus Damport fucking back to back years, I think we found out why he's not resigned. God bless him. I thought would work out here too. And Manuel Moseley can't say, Yo, you gotta do the due diligence looking at why these guys have been brought back to the riginal organizations. You do you You've fucking done this on guys that have been from a fucking common and I when we signed Marcus Damport, I wasn't the happiest camper about it.
Speaker 3: People criticize me for he's good, he's what, he's healthy.
Speaker 4: Okay, look at the fucking track record. When is he fucking healthy? This is a blank fucking sheet of paper. He's had seven pressures this season. Like, you can't tell me that's the reason why you're not going out there acquiring big names when you're acquiring fucking guys. Haven't done, Dick, You can't. It doesn't work that way, Brad. And another thing too, Okay, let's go with like the splash moves La Rams win trade for Matthew Staber von Miller. What they do? I won a super Bowl? Okay, the Buccaneers grabbed Jpp, Rob Gronkowski and Tonyo Brown, Tom fucking Brady. What they do?
Speaker 3: Won a super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Oh that's crazy. The Eagles in the draft trade up in the first fucking round. It's the top ten to grab Jalen Carter and they went and got Saquon Barkley. What do they do?
Speaker 3: They won a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Signing big names, signing good players helps you win the fucking Super Bowl. They help you get to what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: What do you fucking do in lollygagging, pussy foot in a round and.
Speaker 4: Sunning Marcus Davenport opposite of Ben Hudson when he's on a rookie fucking deal. And the worst part about it, to the worst part about it is he's right, you're not gonna get that smash move this year. They can't afford it. They got guys to resigned. The guys they've already resigned. That fucking window of opportunity has passed you, unfortunately, to build that super team outside drafting it out right.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, if another GM in this town looks at me and says you don't want good players, I'm gonna fight them. I don't care how big Brad Holmes is, I will fight you.
Speaker 3: Don't sue me.
Speaker 7: And I gotta say, I mean, this just seems straight up like he was ripping fastballs. And then here comes Doc actually throws the breaking ball the amount that you saw Brad Holmes ramble in that one clip. Flustered at first, had to take a step back and just started rambling. This reeks of the same thing that Dan Campbell said, falling in love with your own players in your own organization. One guy, you guys haven't even mentioned Fellas And there's a reason why cause he didn't play this year. How about a Levi Ozerrique call. Yeah, how about bringing hen back? Mister broken back himself finally played in a season. You bring hen back? He didn't play this whole entire season. This is falling love, falling in love with your own guys once again, and honestly, it's just arrogant at this point. He's trying to call reporters out at this point during that and specifically, Ty, what do you guys? Asked me a question about the trade deadline? Hey, Brad, how about you do your job and you get in actual players that will play at a quality level. Levi didn't play, Josh Pascal didn't play. You bring in Davenport. He gets hurt immediately, shocker to nobody. I don't understand it. I truly don't like Levi onenzo Rica, mister broken back himself, he didn't play. Did Pascal play a snap this year? I don't understand it. That's what you're doing a defensive end like we yeah, terrible.
Speaker 2: We made the jokes of like, oh, you know all this guy got injured. That puts them on brands radar. Ha ha, No, that's actually true. That's a real You just told us that's a real thing, because you can not overlook a good player maybe not being good, but you have no problem overlooking history of multiple season ending injuries or cancer. You I mean, look at that, Look at that before you sign somebody. Not Oh, maybe they're too good to play on our team. No, maybe look at them breaking their leg eight times in the past three years, dude.
Speaker 14: So players might be too good, might not be too good anymore, but you don't look at their to play like it just it doesn't make sense, man, like it really look at first, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 14: When okay, you're rebuilding, you're taking some gambles here, you know you're ail, you're building something cool. But when you're here in your window like you need it, you need it now, Like I don't get. I don't get the whole frustration. I don't get the whole like lack of making a splash. I really don't understand why it hasn't happened, like why he is so risk adverse like.
Speaker 4: Is and again, the worst part about it, Chris, is the times passed you. Yeah, you can't make that move now? You don't have the assets you traded away for as of Tesla, you don't have the money. It's not even your fault, you know the money that you guys are resigned. A guy's worthy of being resigned, But you fucked yourself when you're wind of opportunity to do so. When half these guys, all those guys outside Jared Goff run rookie fucking deep.
Speaker 14: I will let him. I will let him have that excuse. I will let him have that excuse because all you gotta do is look at your conference at NFC and look at what the egos have done. Because you get aggressive trained up in the draft, like you mentioned, you can fucking all of a sudden and make some money appear and go get somebody in free agency? How many times were they linked to all the top free agents or all the top trade targets everything. They just when you want something and when you have the and when you have the means to do it, you can't go do it. And it's that simple. This league is a league where you can get it done. You just have to get it done. That's that's it. So I can't even cut him slack about oh well, now we're in a window. So now we're definitely not gonna do it. I get what you're saying. It's more it's more likely that you would have done in the past.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna happen between the ideology and like the actuality of what they have to even do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are the assets, and I look at it like Chris you said, like he's so risk you know, adversive.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 2: I could accept that more if you took the swing, if you went for the guy and he turned out to be asked, well, fuck man, at least you went for it. What I can't accept is you divvying up that same twenty million dollar that you would give one good player to five injured players and all of them getting injured.
Speaker 3: I cannot accept that. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: If you give that twenty million dollars to one guy and he just drops a shit like okay, you know, at least you tried. At least you went out there and you got the guy who's coming off his best year, who's looking to make some things happen, who's looking to be that guy, and he just flopped whatever. But when you have five guys that you take that same amount of money to and allocate it to all of them, and none of them played because of the injuries that they always sustain. That's just being a fucking idiot. All Right, we're gonna go to break, We're gonna come back.
Speaker 7: We got more.
Speaker 2: David Montgomery's gone. I guess your GM doesn't want to fight for your running back. He's just like, yeah, if he's not here, he's not here, even though I still have him under contract. So I'm not gonna take an objective stance on this, dude. All right, let me tell you about Jacks Jack's car Wash. There got a bunch of Jacks car wash all over Michigan. You can find one near you forty plus tex WSN eighty eight five two two seventeen twenty nine, and you can.
Speaker 4: Get a free car wash courtesy of us.
Speaker 2: So if you're tired of brands viewing shit all over your car, go to Jack's Car Wash tex WSN eighty eight five two two seventeen twenty nine. Get a free one on us.
Speaker 4: A ton of sun, a ton.
Speaker 8: Of sports, and a ton of man.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, Live daily five to seven pm.
Speaker 9: On Woodward Stars, Big Injuries, Big News twice a week.
Speaker 10: Doctor Jeff Peers from Michigan Sports and Spine joins Woodward Sports Network for the Injury Insider Reports Big D Energy Tuesdays at noon, Braylan Edwards and shaftersdays.
Speaker 9: At three thirty.
Speaker 10: Get expert analysis and in depth breakdowns on the latest sports injuries from the man trusted by top athletes in the community. Like d mac Whether's the Lions, Pistons, Tigers are Red Wings. Doctor Pierce talks us through it all. Do miss the Injury Insider Report is doctor Jeff Your go to stores are understanding the impact of injuries on the games and players we love only on Woodward Sports Network. Scan the QR code on the screen or go to Michigan Sportsanspine dot com to see if doctor Jeff Pears can help you. We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 5: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shide.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Haircuts from that open seven days a week. Walkins are always welcome. Stop in, sit down, relax, get an award winning haircut from one of our lovely talented stylists. You get hot lad the next day of scalvinsaj Hot Tall Treatment all there repped in one in the King's Treatment, Lady Jay's Haircuts from that open seven days a week. It's wicked awesome.
Speaker 3: What up though?
Speaker 4: And welcome back to the Wood Riverways Live on more sports dot Com Smash like Button b Friends of the French Ships Dream. We are live Monday through Friday, five through seven. If you like what you hear and if you want to come back, talk some shit, we'll be right here. We ain't never running, we ain't never scarred. All right, this one's got my boy spinning hot. I forgot a little bit of different take on it. But obviously this year we saw the splits between Jamior Gibbs Dave Montgomery gold from like a fifty to fifty and the fucking sixty to thirty or what other?
Speaker 3: The fuck you going to a fucking seventy twenty five? Seventy twenty My man made.
Speaker 4: No sense in the past two ones examples, but Manty's role has been diminished, and Monty was not shy about expressing himself being upset about it. He Brad Holmes very vocally upset when asked about by Rachel Hopper if he's going to be here next year with the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 6: Always just that conversation, but very very happy with the growth of that test it took.
Speaker 7: Obviously, there are a lot of factors that contribute to the salgnancy of the run game this year. But just from your perspective, do you expect David Montgomery to be here next year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Look, obviously I know that there was a tough year for him in terms of the lack of touches, and I'm not gonna say that we went into it planning for it to be that that way. I thought he handled it like a pro and so look, those are those are discussions that we're going to have to have, uh a lot more in depth in terms of, you know, like what is the best plan for him going forward? You know, is it is it somewhere else or whatever the case be, but just really appreciate everything that he has done for us. If it does end up going that way, I hope it doesn't because we love David Montgomery. He's a he's a good football player, and wish we would have been able to get more utilization from him.
Speaker 6: I know Dan feels the feels the same way.
Speaker 13: But you know, those are conversations that we're gonna have to have because got a lot of respect for that player. He deserves to be in a situation where his skill set can be utilized, and so yeah, we'll love it for it to be here, but if it can't be here, you know, then you you would have to just which you can work out the best for him.
Speaker 2: I I don't like that he just didn't acknowledge that he's still under contract next year.
Speaker 4: He is, but if he wants he doesn't want to fucking be here, we're not gonna have you sit here potting on social media, potting in the locker room and throwing fits, ruining the fuck I mean, just being a distraction.
Speaker 3: To the team. They fuck out it.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to be here, quit being a bitch and request the trade, then that's request the trade.
Speaker 3: That's what he's says.
Speaker 4: This year, we're gonna sit down had that conversation. Is your future here or not? Because this is what's going on. If you don't like it, if you're gonna be distraction everybody fucking liking comments on Instagram, making you know, whatever type of or posts on your story, then buy.
Speaker 3: If you feel like you get it better somewhere else then we have. We'll let you go. We'll make that all right for me.
Speaker 2: It's you're in the position of authority, in the position he is under contract for your team for another year. So if they would ask me, oh, what's the future about David Montgomery, I would say, David Montgomery is a Detroit Lion until after next season, and if he doesn't want to be that, he can tell me flat out. That's all you gotta say. You don't, Oh, well, we wish he could have been utilized more, or we want him to do this and that. No, you are a football player for my football team. If you don't want to be that, tell me, because until next year this time, you're still a lion. If you don't want to be a lion, say you don't want to be alion, We'll ship you out of town.
Speaker 4: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: Conversation is exactly what he's sent a different translation. Being a pussy want to get the general manager.
Speaker 4: Of a fucking football organization, He's go up there and hard ass his way out there.
Speaker 3: That's not how you go about those situations. He does it to the media. Stand up for yourself, be a man, he said, exactly what you wanted him to say. I don't understand what you're madifying. No acknowledgment of him currently.
Speaker 2: He acted like he's a free said we're gonna have a conversation and if he feels like he'll be better elsewhere, then you know, I hope he I hope he stays here.
Speaker 4: I hope he wants to be here with us. But we're not gonna fucking bullshit and keep him here against his will. If you're gonna see him be distractions, but.
Speaker 3: That doesn't not fucking mat I's a not If he's being an.
Speaker 4: Asshole, I don't want you in my locker room, the don't show up. That's what they're gonna have a conversation about what you're say.
Speaker 3: Fucking so pussy man, I don't think it's you gotta be professional, dude. He's been professional about it.
Speaker 4: He said exactly what you wanted.
Speaker 3: Maybe he needs to be used more. Maybe No, he's under contract. He's gonna be here next year.
Speaker 4: I think you're so say you might get traded. He's trade him. I did, what do you It's up to him. No, it's not up to him, it's up to you. You're the GM what's up to them. It's a it's a conversation they gotta have and they're gonna have it, and Monty may not be already.
Speaker 3: Those were the exit interviews.
Speaker 2: Maybe if David Montgomery sits down, the first thing you should ask him is, hey, do you want to be a Detroit Lion for your last year under contract?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll trade you. That's the first question you should ask him. And not knowing it by now, you already did your exit interviews. When are you gonna have that conversation?
Speaker 3: We don't know if they interview with Brad.
Speaker 14: See, I actually took a different to both of you. So this is where you guys can make up and say shut up Chris here, but I actually took it. I actually took it different than both of you. I didn't like that Brad Holmes sounded just like accepting and defeating about it, like he was just he started mentioning everything was past tense. Notice everything was past tense that he was saying, And then he was also when he was talking about it, like, man, we really wish we could have made it work here, like we could really get well bred. You're the GM sit down with Dan Campbell, get an offensive coordinator in here that's gonna maximize it, because when you see those two together, you've seen it be electric. You've seen it have the best run game in the NFL. I didn't like that he was just kind of like, you know, just it's over. I didn't like That's how I took it. I took it as him just kind of talking like it was already over, using a bunch of past tense words and not talking action about you know what. He was underutilized this year, and I get the frustration. And we want to get a Manti that we got from two years ago where he was bawling. We want to get back to that. We're gonna find We're gonna find the offensive coordinator. We're going to get to this schematics and make sure we get Manty being back to Manti and Awaion's uniform. Don't just act defeated and say, well, hope it's here. If not, thank you for your service, maybe you'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: At least once you got you guys are Actually it's a fucking magic wind.
Speaker 4: You wave and all is fixed. If you don't want to fucking be here, if you're not happy in your role. If you're upsetting this guy's'll performing you by, then say it.
Speaker 3: He did say it in a professional man.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Monty, say it. If you're that upset, if it sucks that bad, then fucking say it.
Speaker 7: Also, this sounds just like fucking Bob Quinn Patricia almost saying, oh, yeah, we don't need a quarterback. How about you hype the living shit out of David Montgomery. Then how about you jacked up the trade price to try to at least do something and talking past tense way to drive the stock down? That is GM one A what you don't say that in the way that he said it easy. I don't know if you agree with that or not, but let's take a look back at this season. David Montgomery average averaged seven point six rushing attempts per game in every single loss. This team is successful when Monty also eats and gets the opportunity to Jamier Gibs can be and should be used as a receiver in multiple occasions when David Montgomery is still running the rock. I think that there is still a place for Monty on this team next year with an improved offensive line, and I think this team's way more successful when Monty is picking up tough yards, getting first downs and giving Gibs a true breather. Seven point six rushing attempts at game in every single loss is bullshit. It should never be used like that after you gave him a fat contract to stay here and be a big part of your team. And I don't agree with him talking shit on social media, but I do agree that he needs to be used more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just say the flip floppy lovey dovey, Oh I hate it here and then oh, I'm posting pictures with my with my teammates at brunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to be here, man up, walk up to Dan, walk up to Brad and say I don't want to be here. We had much more important questions to ask Brad Holmes than about if our second string running back is gonna play out the last year of his contract. Why is that even a question? If he doesn't want to be here, leave.
Speaker 4: Like, fuck my Felisia, what's a chat on with that one? I know it's a touching one because we love Monty here, but like I.
Speaker 3: Do love Monty damn. But it's a distraction, and.
Speaker 14: It sounds like everything else from all the other clips I've heard so far of Brad Holmes at this presser, right like not really wanting to change the way things are, but hoping for a different outcome. That's literally what that That's literally what that clip was is Brad Holmes not doing what he's done in every single other clip here, saying we're not really gonna change much, but we're hoping that this outcome will be better. We're hoping that Manti wants to stay here. We're not really going to change it alls. I'm asking for easy is I is again, I get what you're saying. The professional is a part. I'm not mad at that. I'm mad at Brad Holme's not coming here and saying, look, we agree Mantis under utilized, or not even even saying it in that way, but saying saying that, yeah, Manti may have been under utilized, or we have to find a way. We will find a way to get Manti back to the Manti that that he was the year before. Like that's all I'm looking for. Don't just be like, oh man, like I really hope he stays, but if he does, it man, hell of a guy like I don't I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 14: That's the same shit. That's the same shit with the addresser. We're not gonna change anything, but we hope it's gonna be different. Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't take it as that.
Speaker 4: I took it as we're gonna have the conversation and if he wants to be here, great, If not, we'll find somewhere for him. And that's all you really could do in that situation.
Speaker 7: What do you think about the Brad Holmes kind of talking in past tense and maybe devaluing a player when you could be building him up.
Speaker 4: Well, don't think he valued him. I think call him a good player. I think he said a lot of good things about him.
Speaker 7: Theret him in past tense while under contract is a little bit of a head scratcher.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the writing is on the wall.
Speaker 4: He was not happy this year.
Speaker 8: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: Stop accepting things and to be honest with you, like again, if you are, aren't, If you're the usage is the same next year and you're paying him eight million.
Speaker 3: Dollars or whatever it is, that's that's silly shit. You can't be doing that. No, you can't be doing it.
Speaker 4: That's that's a dumb another dumb usage of assets in my opinion. So it's like, if the use is the same, the contract doesn't match that value, you gotta get you gotta get rid of.
Speaker 3: Either way, it sucks. I love Monty and I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Right now, David Montgomery won't get more than he's making right now in the open market. So if he wants to go, try it with another team, Asteramal Williams. How that works out for you.
Speaker 3: He's better than Jamal wo He's better than Jamal Williams.
Speaker 2: But David Montgomery will not I get paid more than eight million dollars a year if he goes.
Speaker 4: If he leaves the Lives, I probably see that. I doubt we'll be able to make that trade outside the draft, to be honest with you, because who wants to take on that contract unless they're like this guy completes our team. It's Mandy that type of player.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe like the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: What his name is really good? I think it was a top ten rushers here. Yeah, we'll see man uh burn with the super chests. I don't think Brad and Dan are on the same page.
Speaker 2: Sounded like they aren't on the same page because Dan kept talking about making changes and doing things differently and relooking things, and Brad said, we're doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but maybe Dan's talking schematics and Brad's talking obviously, go the different departments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to be talking both, like, yeah, for sure, everything needs to change both, Like you said to have the thirty of thirty two most times allowed to passing quarterbacks and say we're not doing anything different about the defensive line right up?
Speaker 3: Stupid And Brad's a smart guy, but that's stupid.
Speaker 14: Or how about the stat on the I don't remember it off top, but the game's missed by players? How about that one the NFL for the last nobody.
Speaker 2: Asked about any any type of Hey, you guys suffer more injuries than any team in the NFL since Bratt or since Dan Campbell has taken over. Are you going to change things on how you keep players healthy?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 2: Nobody asked him about injury, Like obviously they asked him about Kirby, but nobody asked him about consistently signing injured players having more injuries than any team in the NFL since you took over. Are you gonna do things differently with your health and safety? Instead we're asking about our fucking second string running back being unhappy.
Speaker 3: Let's go to break. Let me tell you about mad packs. I need a mad pack. I need one.
Speaker 2: Go to get maadpacks dot Com. Find a store near you carrying the best product in the game. You know the high low prai rolls, you know the boom shock of lock trancelis Now they got their own line of concentrates and they make it themselves. It's not prepacked, it's not made for to know. They got their own factory, so check it out. Go to get matdpax dot com, mat Flavor, Matt High Matt Packs.
Speaker 10: Get ready for the ultimate sports experience. Join former University of Michigan star and NFL sensation Brailen Edwards alongside the charismatic.
Speaker 9: Ship Brailan Edwards.
Speaker 10: I say break down the latest in sports like never before. Tune into The Braillen Edwards Show week days from two to four pm only on the Woodward Sports Network. Don't miss out on hot topics, insider insights, and the banter that keeps you coming back for more.
Speaker 8: Why do we fight?
Speaker 18: We fight to protect the innocent, to hold the powerful accountable, to bring the oppressors to justice.
Speaker 6: Why do we fight.
Speaker 18: We fight to secure and preserve our civil liberties, to get each and every one of our clients the justice they deserve, and to make the lives of real people just like you whole again.
Speaker 8: Then Fights dot Com.
Speaker 9: Detroit as the best sports fans in the world. That's why they deserve the best sports coverage in the world.
Speaker 8: We are the Woodwind Sports Network.
Speaker 7: Wicked Pickle. You guys know what it is. It is the pickleball tournament of the year and it is going down tomorrow. Make sure you guys tap into Woodward Sports because we will be going live at Wicked Pickle as booth boys. Chris and I are on a team. We got Easy and Double Easy Jeff, we got Spenny and a special guest partner. We're gonna be going up against Wicked Pickle greats and other Woodward's sports lodgers in their own right.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 7: This is what it's all about, Wicked Pickle. Check it out and if you want to play, sign up now at Pickleball tournaments dot Com or call Wicked Pickle at seven three four three three one three four five one. It's gonna be a hell of a time mat wicked pickle check it out?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 18: Though?
Speaker 4: Welcome back to whatever way it's live where sports dot com. He's just must from moracks on Chris Nicholas call off smashed like button b friend to the friend and share the stream. Uh are we all caught up in super chats? I know Burns at the couple? Do we do that? I know it's wall to wall Lyons, but think there's the Pistons have an owner willing to drop the bag, shut out and when to get good players and Kate two piss guys. Pistons got the best set up in the city right now, not even close it. Who would have thought a couple of years back? Another super chat from Burns. I don't think Brad and Dan are on? Oh I read that one already. Uh slick Nick? Would Mike McDaniel as oc make Monty want to stay? I think? I mean, I don't know. I think Mike is better with the fam. I mean, look at the devon ah Chan over there. Mike likes those fastbacks, and they like fast running backs. I don't Unfortunately, no, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They also had a big back. His name's escaping me. I'm pulling it up right now.
Speaker 8: JJ.
Speaker 7: No, it was Ali Gordon who was a bigger belt. Not super speedback, but tough sliding.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's kind of fast though, Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 7: Liked Ali Gordon except for when he would steal a change's dutchdowns. Yeah, I'm big on Mike mcdanial to Detroit, but I mean the Manti thing. I still think he has a role here in Fellas.
Speaker 4: He definitely does George Vickers in the super Chat the same old Brad Holmes is bullshit. It sucks, man. It's frustrating because like he's good, but there is that next level. It's like, dude, you're right there. Yeah, it's knocking on the fucking door.
Speaker 2: His inability to admit that he made the wrong decision in multiple facets was staggering to me.
Speaker 3: Every time it was like, hey, how did you feel about this?
Speaker 2: Or what failures were the most all of them, the whole failure, not oh I didn't do a good enough job addressing the offensive line or oh oh we thought we uh you know, we did it and it's gonna take some time, uh because you know we addressed it. Uh you know we you guys asked me for an edge in the draft, and I addressed it. Yeah, in the sixth fucking round, Buddy.
Speaker 4: Chris, I sent you some to if you grabbing slack. Just gotta address a comment here.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to take accountability. I wanted him to to say he is going to change the way he approaches different things. And he did it first and then he came back and said we're not changing it. So I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the first part of the press conference was the political statement, Sam Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then he got some of the questions. He slipped up a little bit. We're doing the same. Oh, we're not gonna change that. What do you mean by aggressive? Real quick?
Speaker 3: ATB ten thirteen says that has that hat lost its value?
Speaker 4: Easy? You guys see, I'm rocking my guy Kiwi close pass pro shops with penn A soool on there.
Speaker 3: Uh No it has not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, there's there's a graph out here in these mean streets of Twitter, and says offensive tackles run blocking and pass blocking. It's the offensive success rate up against the the block, the block, the blown block rate. I apologize right there tippy Tippy tippy top is a man named penn A.
Speaker 3: Soool oh, so he was the best offensive lineman in the league this year.
Speaker 9: Seems it's just him too.
Speaker 4: It's margin, yeah, you know, by by country mile on a graph.
Speaker 3: So no, that has not lost his value.
Speaker 4: We still up pen a school.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that's well he was banged up with a up ankle. He's going to be the first ever Protector of the Year in the NFL.
Speaker 4: God damn, Dad'd be fucking awesome. It's gonna happen, all right.
Speaker 3: So one of the things that I crashed out about in the off season.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I should jump on this now or say for the next topic, but is the Tesla stuff.
Speaker 2: We do have that clip. We have other clips as well. Where you want to go with this thing, let's uh, let's do it, and then we could just push through and double up.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, run the test lock lip look and replenish opposite of hutch for sure.
Speaker 9: I'm sure, I think year.
Speaker 13: But how the lack of third on picks sort of affect what you can do in trade conversations behind the scenes, if at all. Yeah, you know, you have to always be at peace with that when you actually decide to part ways with that, and even with even when you're in April in the draft and you're about to part ways with that type of compensation, you have to know that it's it's gone and you don't and you're not going to have a third round pick at the trade deadline, and you you just you just have to understand that. I do think there's other creative ways that you can do to supplement a third round pick when it comes to trades with with future picks players be involved in all of that, but but that's one that you can't have regret to look back on it. You just have to be at peace when you're part ways with that compensation, but very very very happy with the growth that Tesla took.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie, but I know we were gonna talk about Tesla and the the trade and then whatever, and I had things to saying that I surely do, but because we were such a rush, I didn't get to cut this click the way I wanted you to get to Chris, and I got the back half of the ad answer again, and I fucking want oh Man, replenish, what, Brad, what do you replenished, what are you fucking you're gonna signs? And here's the thing too, If you're gonna say, hey, there's there's things we did that on public, make them fucking public. Yes, what did you try to do? Put us at ease, get us off your ass a bit. Oh, I try to get James Piers Junior. I just didn't want to give it the first round pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, at least I know what the aggressive standard is. At least I know you tried.
Speaker 4: I could understand I want to give up a first round pick. Although last year, no, I think you should have given it up because that first round pick, had you got James Piers Junior, would have been fucking twenty eight to thirty two.
Speaker 3: And that's what it was for me.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm disappointed in media in this town for the most part, is because he said multiple times we tried to do this, We tried to do that, we went to do this, We couldn't work this out.
Speaker 3: We offered it, but people don't accept it. And it's two way street.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then when are you going to be willing to do what it takes to get something like that done? Is there ever going to be a point in time in your tenure with the Lions where you say, Okay, I have to get this done, because it happens a lot. It just seems like you're not willing to do it. And that's where that's the question I need asked.
Speaker 4: Will you ever?
Speaker 3: Will you ever be willing to put your balls on the table and do what it takes to get it done.
Speaker 4: It's fucking weird, though, man, because like, in a way, he is willing to do it. When you talk about the Tesla trade, he gave away three third round picks for this guy, and he got six in him back in return, per capita.
Speaker 2: That's worse than giving up one first round pick for James Pierce Junior, three third round picks for a third round pick, or one first round pick for a first round pick.
Speaker 3: It's this no, no, no, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm just I don't I don't even know what the fuck I even want to say to that ship because I look at Jaylen Phillips, who was trading the trade deadline this year. He went for a third round pick. He's in the playoffs, they're playing at home. I look at Chase young a couple of years back, he was getting away for a third round pick. They played in the playoffs at home, they went to the fucking super Bowl. Whould they beat to get there? Oh shit, that's crazy, like like you are willing to do with things, but not for anything that's proven. Not for shit. And maybe just my aspect makes fucking sense. You got a third round pick for an age rusher that's probably the top of the market. Deal come off season, a third round pick is worthy of that. You talking about supplementing your the trade assets for that third round with future third round picks. You don't have a fucking future third round pick of trade. You got nothing this year. I just for again, maybe special, just you resigned Jmo. I'm a Rosner contract for fucking wide receiver three. Yeah, no matter how you look at it, no matter how good he's gonna be. Maybe Edgeton becomes wide receiver two. Maybe it's just I just it's just what the fuck?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 7: You absolutely could not have re signed Jamo after making that move like it didn't make sense. And I love Jamison Williams and I love pairing him with Saint Brown. You don't go and spend three third rounders on a wider re stever that has weaponed five or six Now on this Detroit lionste that wants to run the ball first, you straight up don't do it at all, Like it's just a terrible uh use of resources. And we talked about it all year down the stretch when we couldn't win games against the Steelers and the Vikings, why couldn't we win those games boys the trenches on both sides of the ball. We stopped running the ball successful, we stopped defending the run successfully. The Detroit Lions needed to use that capital and get some big body bad asses in the trenches instead of a fifth or sixth weapon on this Detroit Lions offense. I don't care if Tesla was a pro bowler in his rookie season because it's on a team that didn't make the playoffs. So to me, it doesn't matter. It's all flash, it's all you know, sizzle and no stak. I just don't understand it right now. The way Brad is doing things, he's gotten away from what got him here. You went first first year with Pine sewell, you went second year with Aiden Hutchinson. You have to get back to the basics and it's big body mofos that will win you football games. And they've gotten away from that.
Speaker 4: And it's said, and there's some great analogies too. I get you guys saying you're done. You don't want to hear him say I tried. It's not i'ly hear him say tried. He did say he tried. I don't know specifics what he did. Like to dany D's analogy, I try to fix your engine, but we couldn't get it done. Tell me why what the fuck happened? What's stopping you? Because then I know what your limitations are. Did I know what's capping you? Then I know if I'm at least part of what you're doing or not. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of sending nobody ask them details.
Speaker 4: What did you try to do? Brad?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: It's not this confidential information? All right, let's go to break, we'll come back.
Speaker 4: He's he's turning this guy heresy and I fucking Despi Skoy here. So I'm not even a big baseball fan. I think that guy's the biggest douchebag in towns. I'll tell you, I need some chill medicaid I'll tell you that much, all right, Chill Medicaid. And then the best thing about it too is I could take it and it's not gonna disrupt me from my job. All right. It's non transdermal and it does not get you high. All right. Chill Medicids CBD dot COM's website is not TAC product. The CBD product to help you deal with your daily aches and pains. Makes you. Check it out Chill Medicated CBD dot com.
Speaker 10: I love Woodward Sports, love wearing clothes, then you should be wearing Woodward Sports clothes.
Speaker 9: Check out our full line merchant Woodwardsports dot com. Just click on shock.
Speaker 10: We have all your favorite designs like Dan Campbell Kneecaps, Woodward Golf, and of course our own local out merchandise. Men, women, infants, kids all love Woodward Sports. Impressure friends and pressure boss.
Speaker 5: Impress your dog like Woodward Sports merch today.
Speaker 19: Like a frost By straight from the divine.
Speaker 7: Colstomer skins are.
Speaker 19: So Fun's a freeze sake? Say a side effects, no mistake, Chills of zero, I see truth.
Speaker 8: Field and chill.
Speaker 7: It's all for you.
Speaker 19: It's not magic, just science.
Speaker 10: Play Detroit as the best sports fans in the world. That's why they deserve the best sports coverage in the world.
Speaker 8: We are the Woodward Sports Network.
Speaker 7: Drink well, the best drink in the game right now. If you need to drink your emotions away after hearing this press conference, because all GM's in this town don't want to take any accountability, you know what to pick up. It's sun Cruiser vaka iceed tea. I know I'll be sipping someday night. It's Woodward Sports favorite drink. All right, all jokes aside. It truly is a great drink right now. It is my favorite along with a lot of guys here at Woodward Sports. It's four and a half percent alcohol, low end calories, delicious in flavor. If you're going to the bar to night to go watch a big game, make sure you check out sun Cruiser. And if you're going to the Lakers store, it picks up something good makes it's the Suckers or come let us know tomorrow what you think. Go tag it out.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, some dude posted on Twitter some dude.
Speaker 7: That was pretty good do.
Speaker 3: Some guy made a picture of me in a bikini on Twitter. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Spencer's burner.
Speaker 5: Some guy.
Speaker 2: Super chatting there for poor Darryl. He says, the injury curse on this team and how dependent we are with running the ball in play action. You tell Demo, too bad if Gibbs gets hurt next year, we ft So.
Speaker 4: That leads into my conspiracy.
Speaker 3: I've cracked the code up. Chris said that super chance and we can give this theory.
Speaker 4: I swear God that that's just God timing. That's just God time.
Speaker 14: The Lions are a money laundry organization for the Ford family. Brad Holmes drafts injured players so that they get set to Henry Ford Medical facility.
Speaker 8: And surgeon.
Speaker 14: In their pocket. This is what this is what this organization is. And I just watch you guys to know that is the truth.
Speaker 2: Listen, We'll give you the money to do what you need to, but you have to draft and sign at least two injured players a year.
Speaker 14: He said about ten.
Speaker 4: Damn I was gonna do that anyways. George Vigors super chat. Sorry, boys, I have a bat feeling in no playoffs next year. I hope I'm wrong at a location. Uh smell, yeah, they've been bad feeling and uh yeah, this is no playing.
Speaker 2: Can you shut up. Stop, Why are you being such a studio little bitch in the chat recently?
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, somebody pissed off, talk about it.
Speaker 3: He's in college, now go get laid, dude. You're in college. No, he's a.
Speaker 7: Fed said college.
Speaker 3: Sorry Anakin, but not sorry.
Speaker 4: You haven't.
Speaker 2: You've been like the real pissy in the chat lately, and it's starting to piss me off.
Speaker 4: He's just one of the fucking extra stopping for you.
Speaker 2: Give me a talking about something good. Let's talk about something good. Let's talk about something nice, something good. Because per Ian rap, Brad Holmes to divert topic away from his sorry ass press conference, and the Detroit Lions have officially reached out.
Speaker 3: To Mike McDaniel shut up and take my.
Speaker 2: Interview for their open offensive coordinator position. By far, the best name on the market when it comes to offensive minds, that's Samir Gibbs. If Mike McDaniels is his offensive coordinator, by far, the best offensive on the market, by far, the best litany of weapons with an open position coordinator, a match made in heaven. Brad, like I said, I will forgive you. You can resign Marcus Stavenport if you get Mike McDaniels doc.
Speaker 3: That would be something that would immediately put you back in Super Bowl contention.
Speaker 4: In my eyes, Litney Whitney hit me with that Mike Daniels nude boy, would that would be brilliant? I thought, well, I'm so used to meet a rockerty when it comes to the aggressiveness in this town from these franchises that I'm like, they're probably not even called Mike, They're they're not even gonna fucking try.
Speaker 3: I'm just I've gotten conditioned to that. I taught myself that.
Speaker 4: I told myself that, and then that Ian rapport fucking line came across my screen. Brother. There has been nothing else rumored, And obviously he's gonna get every offer to be, you know, to become a head coach and can be interviewed if you become every office according for every offene couarding position available to him. But this is, in my opinion, numero uno, I think the only one that's outpacing us as like a place you'd want.
Speaker 5: Like to be.
Speaker 4: But maybe, oh yeah, I'll say the Commanders that too, Baltimore Commanders, and maybe the Giants of the Giants in the two.
Speaker 3: But this is number one.
Speaker 4: I think, especially if you're looking to become a head coach again, this is an easy step to that.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Ryan TV in there, he said, shout out to the best boys at Wilbard Sports. It's eight thirty here in Okinawa now, so shout out, we appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Is that a morning eight or Yeah, PMO has to be has to be mourning, Yeah, because it's close. Yeah, you're right, Yeah, I'm here. I'm here for fucking Mike Damnel because the other thing two over there is they didn't have with the detrol lines at offensive line last year. A lot of that was creativity shit shit that he schemed up in the absence of fucking pure run blocking. That's just fucking brilliant stuff. And that's one thing that they have always had. I've said yesterday and we talked about hiring their current run game coordinator. This guy's been there for all of them. No matter who's been in that backfield has been successful. We could definitely buy a million percent do that with guys like Jamior Gibs, Dave Montgomery. Even if David Montgomery's not here, Jamier Gibbs, you for damn sure could do the same thing. How are you The eight chain was better, if not on par with Jamir Gibbs this year. Jamiir Gibbs, maybe he is better. We'll see Mike mcgaield prove it. I think he could do that. Shit.
Speaker 3: This is awesome, This is great news. This is great news. It's your boy. It's exactly what you needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you bring in Mike McDaniel, your right back ass. You're winning this division. You are going to the Super Bowl after they upgrade this offensive line. You talk about the pre snap motion that the Dolphins ran to help out Tua and get their playmakers with speed in space. I swear to God, this guy, Mike McDaniel, would be a home run higher for the Detroit Lions, and I truly believe they'd all win a Super Bowl together. Their first Super Bowl together. Mike McDaniels doesn't have one either. He's been a coach forever, an assistant coach and then a head coach with the Dolphins. You know what, Mike, come vape on our sidelines. We'll take your way. He got chops all over the place. I don't give us. Get it on a shirt. We'll get Mike McDaniel cued up there, Sheila Ford, do not let anybody please outbid you. If that happens, it is a complete failure for a team that needs a home run higher at offensive coordinator. Mike McDaniel would be a perfect match made in heaven fit for the Detroit Lions. And I truly believe you would ace this offseason before it even starts.
Speaker 2: If Mike McDaniel is an offensive coordinator next year anywhere but Detroit, you have completely failed as an organization, agreed, because that is what you need to make happen.
Speaker 3: If he's a head coach, okay, all right, whatever he wants to go be a head coach somewhere, sure, But also for him, what's like the knock on Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: It's not his offensive mind, it's not his play colleagues, not his play design. It's he's not the leader, he's not the alpha. He's not the guy that's gonna get the locker room going. Come chill with Dan Campbell for a couple of years and a rub off on your pause like you can, ohit, like you can. You can learn under Dan Campbell obviously, not how to be forgazy. For you guys who picks it but you know who also wasn't the leader of the raw ra the hype up guy, and he was kind of the quiet nerd offensive coordinator Ben fucking Johnson, And then he learned under Dan Campbell how to be a man.
Speaker 3: Dan Campbell said, I'll make a man out of you and Mike McDaniel with the swiftness of a tiger. You can come to the Detroit Lions and become a man.
Speaker 2: I think it's perfect, because like I perfect shout out to you, but our gout. Lucas in the chat was saying he wants a helfa stuff like that his offense. No, I don't want an alpha alfa is Dan Campbell. I want a nerd Dan. Mike McDaniel is a nerd. Bring him in here and you can go bar for bar with Ben Johnson in your own division cooking Ben Johnson.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: I got Ryan TV with the super Chat says McDaniel is the popular choice. But do you think his offensive philosophies would conflict with Dan's and would spread over a more ground and pound approach. I don't know if we got the horses for ground and pound approach, especially if David Montgomery wants to twiddle his thumbs in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's the conversation they gotta have. That's just we gotta I think that's what the mean. He's gonna tail with, Hey, do you did the way you like to do things is conflict or coincide with what we'd like to do. All Right, we got something here. Here's fucking twelve million.
Speaker 3: Dollars whatever the whatever the price tag needs to be.
Speaker 2: You make Mike McDaniel the highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL and you don't think twice about it.
Speaker 4: The thing too, is like if he comes here and then maybe it's just me being a fucking fanboy. If and when he comes here, it just it just feels like that part in the docu series of the Super Bowl Champion Detroy Line is like and then we got Mike and it's the fucking there's the glasses, you can't do all the fucking funny little bits and skits, and she like.
Speaker 2: That on the sideline with Amanat Brown like a, yeah, so you got him on that one, right, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was awkward interaction with him and Dan Campbell like that. I just see it.
Speaker 4: It just feels like that type of vibe. And if they met, I don't think it's gonna be a money thing. I think it would be exactly what Ryan TV is saying though, because as much as much as sometimes you hate it, Dan Campbell Brad Holme as they are principal guy, and that.
Speaker 2: Would be fucking stupid of them, flat out, that would be stupid if Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes. The only reason Mike McDaniel should not be an offensive or the offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions is if he gets a head coaching job in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And by the way, to the spread approach this year, you saw out of the Dan Campbell's schemes because we couldn't run the football consistently. There are a ground up pound football team in itself, a play action football team itself that fits the mold of Mike Daniel.
Speaker 3: That's what they did in Miami.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what, Mike McDaniel, you're not gonna find pure shit anywhere other than Miami than Detroit.
Speaker 3: It's fair like our ship's pretty good.
Speaker 14: He got battled.
Speaker 4: The price might be.
Speaker 3: Going up at the Venezuela.
Speaker 4: Stuff. I don't know he's battled with.
Speaker 7: I believe addiction in his past already clean now, so.
Speaker 4: Shot on Mike to gain overcoming for you.
Speaker 7: We will give you vapes at anything you need on that.
Speaker 4: If your bead and butter is running the football, we got Penny soul Engamier Gibbs here where else you want to be, brother?
Speaker 3: What the fuck else you want to be?
Speaker 7: I'm with you, guys. I'm the fact that it's a complete failure and I will one hundred percent crash out if he takes an offensive coordinator job somewhere else. This is the easiest thing to a softball boom home run higher that you will ever see in your life. If this guy is an offensive coordinator, Dan, you obviously couldn't handle the pressure right now of calling the plays and trying to lead your team because your defense turned into absolute ship down the stretch. You need to command every thing you know, but you can't just have it all on the offense.
Speaker 4: For Dan, Oh, we have the before and after pictures of Mike McDaniel. He ends up accordinator for the Detroit Alliance. Give that man some buffies, get rid of the fucking AVI eight is bro. He would definitely be rocking the box without a doubt, Cardier, Mike, this would be home run. Yeah, it would be by far the best it would be. It's you could do.
Speaker 3: It's the It's the coach equivalent of that Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 4: It's the coach equivalent of the fucking Jalen Carter von Miller whatever I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That that's much sense.
Speaker 4: Again, I just see it in the thirty for thirty whatever whatever docu series ends up being on Netflix, whatever it is, this is that's one of those moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we tried that old fart Johnny Morton and it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Switched up and then we got Mike switching and it's bad Boys for Life and it's Mike.
Speaker 4: Super chat from poor Daryl McDaniel definitely opening up with what up though at his intro press without a fucking doubt, dude. Though he's a big Min fan and he respects your golf.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 4: We gotta get eminem to recruit Michael McDaniel.
Speaker 3: McDaniel, I got a guy who knows the guy we got him. He's married to the girl.
Speaker 4: He's my guy.
Speaker 3: Punched me in the summach in third grade, but I had him do it because the crush I had.
Speaker 4: Was in front of us in the line, and I was like, yeah, all right, that wouldn't fucking hte me fucking punched me his stomach and.
Speaker 8: I was like, I want to cry, so bird, what.
Speaker 4: Right there? I didn't cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did get the whole government shout out, shout out.
Speaker 4: That was like third grade.
Speaker 3: Fun fact. Neil's wife was my teacher. Shout out, A good teacher.
Speaker 4: Yes, she was a good teacher. It's a great lady if she was, he saying on air, Huh yeah, Nope, I wouldn't. She was awesome. She's a very nice lady. All right. Times what black Rock, Chris, you got to.
Speaker 14: Tell you about Black Rock Bar and Grill. Black Rock Bar and Grill is a sizzle above the rest, like the Lions offense. Will be sizzling with Mike McDaniel as our new OC. Check out any of the locations near you Heartland, Nova, Kitton and Arbor, Utica, Davidson and Portage, Blackrock.
Speaker 4: Bar and Grill.
Speaker 14: Make sure you mentioned Woodward Sports when you're there to get twenty percent off your total food bill. Black Rock Bar and Grill.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 10: No one gives you away more chashion prizes than Woodwind Sports.
Speaker 9: Here's that ladies.
Speaker 15: Ten You know you guys supposed said, hey, if you gouts all this stuff right, uh, you know, we'll give it's ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, Well, why the hell not?
Speaker 9: Then the winning doesn't stop there. How about our OutKick your coverage winner?
Speaker 5: Do you think.
Speaker 10: Bigger prices, big cash, merch chickens and more, all from the biggest sports network in Detroit. No one does it bigger and better than Woodward Sports.
Speaker 9: Make sure you're following, liking, subscribing on Instagram, Facebook.
Speaker 10: Action YouTube for your chances to share the winning from Detroit's number one sports networks, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about fre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leads and feeling energize all day long.
Speaker 3: Joint plant a.
Speaker 11: Fitness today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 10: Congratulations to the real Coach of the Year Mother City, Dan Campbell.
Speaker 9: Just put your head down and go to work.
Speaker 3: It's about three fun, man, there's about three fun.
Speaker 4: Art and Jakes is my favorite sports bar in the state of Michigan.
Speaker 3: If they had other birds outside of Michigan.
Speaker 4: They'd be my favorite. There to eighty TV's Wall twall excellent food, all right, that's actually number one for me. You can get beer and watch the game anywhere. Top notch food with a large selection of it. That's rare. And that's why I go to Art and Jakes for my UC Saturdays, for my NFL Sundays, I'm there.
Speaker 3: That's my spot. Ninety menu items, twenty two draft beers, eighty TV's Wall Wall. I gave you the numbers.
Speaker 4: Do the math. That's Art and Jakes every time.
Speaker 3: The food's really good.
Speaker 8: It is good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How do we get eminem to recruit Mike McDonald I just put it through orange door.
Speaker 14: Hite Mike McDaniel's lions put out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm doing my part, and then yeah, we say, I told him you need to you need to help recruit Mike mcdanian's.
Speaker 4: I'm threatening he's a fan of yours. If you don't get Mike McDaniel, I'm putting you in bikini every fucking chance I get pal.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure already put himself in a bikini in a video.
Speaker 4: He probably did, probably.
Speaker 3: Has probably what simon girl Girl, Girl Girl a wild.
Speaker 4: Man, Mike McDaniel would be the one thing that could really save me. Oh would he do the blode too, Mike McDaniel, Yeah, probably. He just comes up dressed like Eminemoline should be at his prest conference. He should anger translator after a loss. That would that'd be hard, that'd be a great skit, that would be a phenomenal skit. Yeah, Mike McDaniel was a good stuff. We got more bad stuff, but it might What are we going back to the bad stuff? Will be doing it?
Speaker 3: What's the bad stuff we got?
Speaker 7: Sixteen minutes? You want to end on a bad note or.
Speaker 8: A good one?
Speaker 4: We could talk pistons.
Speaker 3: We are contraction.
Speaker 5: You know what we have?
Speaker 3: Brad talking about the new play card? You got that one?
Speaker 4: Chris, Yes, I do, let me find it. Hold on detroite.
Speaker 13: I mean it's it's it's a lot, but I mean there there has to be leadership, There has to be uh detail oriented.
Speaker 6: It's got to be uh command of the room.
Speaker 13: You just have to be able to know that there's somebody that's gonna be able to dot every I, cross every T and make sure that nothing is compromised from a detailed standpoint, from a standard standpoint, from the start of the game planning period all the way till the end.
Speaker 4: Of the week.
Speaker 13: And that's and so we're just we're just looking for that type of person or other person has previous experience.
Speaker 6: Calling place or not.
Speaker 13: I've I've I've been around previous coaches that have not done it and did it and you know, had a lot of success with So I do think a lot of it is that you just got to just get in front of them. I'll hear them out, spend some time with them and kind of hear their ideas here their philosophy, do a lot of vetting as much vetting as you can, and just make the decision.
Speaker 6: But I think when you go through the process of getting in.
Speaker 13: Front of them, when you know, you know, look outside the organization, Yes, absolutely well, we're looking at everything.
Speaker 2: And they're obviously looking at Mike McDaniel because it is Purryan Rapaport is on record that they have reached out to him, and I talked about you want. You know, my two things were one, I wanted a young, offensive, innovative mind. That's what I don't want one of these old farts. I don't want a Brian Dable. I don't want to Jason Garrett. I don't want anybody like that. I want a young offensive innovator. And two, preferably somebody from Kyle Shanahan's tree. Offensive innovator, young Kyle Shanahan, and he's got the experience I like. If it walks, looks fucks and ship's like a duck, it's probably.
Speaker 4: A duck or Mariah Mills or Donkey.
Speaker 3: I think you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: I do I Like I said, I think the only reason that I would accept for Mike McDaniel not to be the offensive coordinator for the Lions next year is if he's the head.
Speaker 4: Coach somewhere else. What if it's a philosophy thing.
Speaker 2: No, I would not accept that because he's from the Kyle Shanahan tree. They run the ball.
Speaker 4: Or if Dan's like, I don't listen, you guys can't practice here last year, boy, I'm gonna make you my off.
Speaker 3: In I don't think Dan would say that, but I don't think exactly like that.
Speaker 4: Don't just like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think Dan would say that. Dan's not from Atlanta. But Dan likes him. Dan likes Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 4: We do have a picture of them laughing together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're boys to Miami next season, little comeback fifty sixty seventy point game for Lions led by Mike McDaniel with me in the stands looking like Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 4: If we hire him, will you make commitment to dress like him? Yeah? The day of Yeah, Hey, yeah, I will you come lay, I'll make I'll find someone I will. You'll come in and we'll interview you as Mike McDonald.
Speaker 3: I'll buy you fake.
Speaker 7: I try to go to one game, one away game every year. I will go to Miami dress. Yeah, sick, dude, just got ahead of my real boys aka my family that we.
Speaker 3: Were family but whatever friends.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's right, I got that. What I said called work tight ship You feel me, George Vickers's superchest is going to be the same ship show on the defensive end. On the defense, I'm sorry injuries and no secondary we should have fired shep too. Wow, listen if you want to upgrade of a sheep and fine, I don't know if you just yeah, I don't think if you go into next.
Speaker 2: Year with Mike McDaniel and Rahie Morris is your coordinators, I'd be happy as a claim.
Speaker 3: I guess where's an expression come from that?
Speaker 4: Why did they say?
Speaker 14: What bubble?
Speaker 4: Maybe so crazy expression? All right, sorry, we're gonna break the milbag. How about coming up next?
Speaker 2: Ask us any questions you want in the chat, and we won't avoid him like Brad Holmes, tell.
Speaker 4: What you really want to answer your question?
Speaker 7: But shout out, shout out, mass is cart bag. Whatever that says. Nick will be in a hundred degree Miami still in short sleeve sweater. Hell yeah, well let's go, baby, they're definitely coming back.
Speaker 4: Shout out Ben Johnson, Baby.
Speaker 7: Ben Johnson. Someone say Ben V Johnson, Ben Johnson, it's the best fighter in the game.
Speaker 3: You guys know what it is.
Speaker 7: Then Johnson over at Ben Johnson Law. If you ever get if you ever get into any legal trouble whatsoever, there's only one gotta call. It's Ben Johnson. He's gonna do everything to fight for you to make sure you come out on top in the courtroom. Check him out over at vanfights dot Com. Check him out it's Ben Johnson over at Ben Johnson Law.
Speaker 10: A ton of Sun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live daily.
Speaker 5: Welk in to any.
Speaker 16: Lady James Haircuts for Men Today, Open seven days a week, Sit back, relax and enjoy precision haircut, skelt massage, hot leather neck shape and hot tollel treatment from one of our talented stylists. Step up your game this season and take advantage of our twenty dollars haircut special. Scan the QR code and get your coupon today. Lady Jans Haircuts for Men, the ultimate haircut experience. Open seven days a week. Walkin's always welcome. Lady James Haircuts for Men. It's wicked awesome.
Speaker 9: Big Injuries, Big News twice a week.
Speaker 10: Doctor Jeff Peers from Michigan Sports and Spine joins Woodward Sports Network for the injury insider reports, Big d Energy Tuesdays at noon, Pray on Edwards and Shaft Thursdays at three point thirty. Get expert analysis and in depth breakdowns on the latest sports injuries from the man trusted by top athletes in the community, like d Mac whether it's the Lions, Pistons, Tigers are red Wings, Doctor Pierce talks us through it all. Don't miss the Injury Insider Report with doctor Jeff Peers.
Speaker 8: Your go to source.
Speaker 10: We are understanding the impact of injuries on the games and players we love.
Speaker 9: Only on Woodward Sports Network.
Speaker 10: Scan the QR code on the screen or go to Michigan Sports Andspine dot com to see if doctor Jeff Piers can help you.
Speaker 4: Crown.
Speaker 3: Last night I faced my I always get the Walkers because cold out.
Speaker 4: Last night. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: I find I wasn't that cold out.
Speaker 4: I smoked the full Northern Lights Indica Jester, and let me tell you primo. I was texting my thoughts the random people know.
Speaker 3: I called my grandma, told her I missed her. It was fuck. It was great.
Speaker 4: Gold Crown constrates they're the best in the biz. All right, get them, get a Jester and also get some gummies. Smoke like Worldsy only with gold Crown.
Speaker 2: Uh, Dan, I didn't get continue with the mail bag, says Spenny. Have you fallen into the fitness YouTube? I have over the last week, and I've been on a diamond Jim binn sessions for the last day and a half.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I do. I like the trend twins, I like Sam Sulik, and I like Toky a lot. Those guys are fucking funny. I watch a lot of those guys.
Speaker 4: Mail Bag Spencer, once general manager, has made more of an impact in Detroit sports right now still Bradhawks Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mail bag easy? Who hates you more?
Speaker 4: Brad Or Ivy's mom. I've been in the same room as Ivy's mom. It's Ivy's mom, by far?
Speaker 7: What what.
Speaker 3: Storry last night? Did he not started the game?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 3: I didn't really fucking notice.
Speaker 4: Somehow out there is a fucking je n Ivy.
Speaker 3: Your piece of ship up your trade value already?
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm just kidding. I love Jade and Ivy. Ivy's got fucking like his kudos to him and whatever he's did his fan base riding.
Speaker 3: Mail bag from Freddie felt ass or titties. I'm more I'm a five guy.
Speaker 4: I think I think I'm becoming a titty guy. I don't think I wasn't ask guy now a titty guy?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 9: Interesting.
Speaker 4: I love them all. How do you how do you choose? I'm a five guy, Nick? What are you? Because the person.
Speaker 7: It's ass all the way. Love the good nice nips nips, But Jesus Christ, give me a good.
Speaker 9: I could do.
Speaker 3: Small pits are fine. I mean yeah, the small pits are no ass.
Speaker 4: We know what's asked for you, Chris, That's why we are. I'm happy, Aspenny.
Speaker 2: Is it just wishful thinking or would McDaniel truly considered lines?
Speaker 3: He would truly consider the lines.
Speaker 2: We have one of the best litany of offensive weapons in the league, and you can easily become a head coach from here unless you're Johnny.
Speaker 3: Mooton mailbacks made. Did you do this claimer?
Speaker 4: I did not, and you hit one earlier.
Speaker 2: We do not condone sexual gratification or violence upon anybody else. This is everything we say is for comedic and satirical purposes.
Speaker 3: We are not real. You are not real. Brad Holmes is a liar to us out the.
Speaker 7: Chat to you guys came through today. Make sure you guys smashed that like button before you guys had out. Definitely this South, This was a hell of a stream.
Speaker 2: This together, Dayton Lee Goood says makes a great point. He says he's a trifecta. Guy asked, face is Face's number one?
Speaker 8: Number one?
Speaker 4: Gotta be pretty easily, gotta be pretty easy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know daytonly Good, I said before. He's never confirmed if it's him or not. So maybe it's just common name that I'm familiar with. That's unfamiliar. That's common speaking sports. That's cool, man, I had no idea. I mean, I would be kind of hard to work in since this is Detroit sports talk show. You don't really have many Michigan fighters in the UFC. Oh yeah, yeah and spinning. He's declining UFC fans.
Speaker 3: UFC fan mister Omar thirty four p said, Nick loves Dick what f don't like that?
Speaker 8: I'm not gay. I'm with you.
Speaker 10: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Hung lose. McDaniels are see almost feels too good to beat you. I'm with you, Pac Guitar.
Speaker 2: We're here from Monday through Friday, five to seven. Join us whenever you can. Brother, We appreciate you. We appreciate all you guys for real. Like we talked about it yesterday, but in the fourth quarter of twenty twenty five, we were the most watched show on the network, and that really means a lot to us because we're just a couple of schmucks and we're you know, we're not the professional athletes. We're not the the the four time Stanley Cup champion, or the greatest receiver in Big ten history, or or or the Golden Voice or the.
Speaker 3: Big you know, big time Lions guy.
Speaker 2: You know, we're just two assholes who like sports, and we appreciate you guys for rocking with us because we got the ship out the fucking gutter.
Speaker 4: We did, and yes we had Jami on j he went Hollywood once he got that belt around his waist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did go Hollywood on us.
Speaker 4: No longer responds to texts Rob font Yeah, shout Rob Fon, Rob Finn real Robon's a real one, real one.
Speaker 3: Uh po, Tom broke that I'm not reading that. Yeah, he would still kill us.
Speaker 4: Yep, and he lives around here.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would you guys ever do phone calls?
Speaker 4: We have in the past. A problem is I can't even say it is we can't depend on technology. No, I mean phone calls.
Speaker 7: We can.
Speaker 2: We can do you guys want to do phone calls? We can pick out a day. Well, where every week we'll do phone calls. Unfortunately DNC hates the phone calls. Yeah, a j F seven ninety seven nine, says Spenny Gay. Well, that must mean your mom's a dude. Steve o'baby, he says mail Bag Spencer. If you were pulled over by a cop and it was anakin, how would you convince him to not give you a ticket? I would fight him, Yeah, I would fight. I would I would challenge.
Speaker 4: They gotta beat dead ass by combat. Yeah, this is a banger card this Saturday, though. My union is fighting. We got Derek Lewis back in there. Jean Silva, which honestly, you know he is. He's the one that beat the Scheu. Bryce was Bryce's last name, the anti Semitic fellow. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the one that beat the shot him. Yeah he was barking at him.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: He's got bigger fight gains. Charold Allen, chan O Malley's fighting. Song your Dong, Song, Your Dong.
Speaker 3: I like song, Your Dong.
Speaker 4: He's fighting. He's fighting. Kayla Harrison's fighting. Man of the Goat's coming back.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, this is twenty fourth by the way, and then Justin Gaigie versus Patty pimblet.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, we got him, got me there, we got him a couple of exciting whites.
Speaker 4: Who do you got and exciting in the main event, probably Justin Gaechee.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Patty's ready for that smoke yet.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know either, But Patty has gotten Patty's gotten better, and Gaechie is obviously declining. But Geatechee still got some of the nastiest power I've ever seen. So if he catches Patty.
Speaker 4: Clean once, Bryce Mitchell shout out, thank you, Bryce Mitchell. Yeah, uh first mind eyes lips.
Speaker 2: If Patty loses to Justin Gaichie, the UFC will officially be dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could.
Speaker 2: He's the next up for like the superstar stuff, and if he beats Justin gai Chee then he'll probably get a title shot after that.
Speaker 3: But if he loses to Justin Gaichee, in UFC is dead.
Speaker 4: I think Patty go in because he's the most marketable guy they got for sure. I think simply because Gatege's kind of chiney at this point. Yeah, he is pretty I love like I love Max Holloway shout out to you got me Max Holloway plaque for my for Christmas. But uh, Max Howay, doesn't we knock guys out? He flatlined Justin Gaigee, that's like he did.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Patty might knock him out. I would love to see that. I like Patty Pimblet. He's funny.
Speaker 2: He doesn't really you know, he doesn't take it too seriously, even though you have to take it extremely seriously or you'll die, which is like a funny dichotomy to see. And yeah, he's He's definitely the most marketable guy. I'd love to see him like John Jones. You know, he's my favorite of all time. He's he's out is he? I loved izz he he's cook too.
Speaker 4: He's my guy. Yeah, doesn't cry. That was there all nighter Max and I watched. Is he lose? I was fucked up?
Speaker 5: For real?
Speaker 3: I'm like, am I loocinitting Max Holloway one of my favorite fighters. He's done. I love Justin Gaegee. This might be his last fight and the one guy that Ozzie maybe could say this work because he's that good.
Speaker 4: Uh Heliah.
Speaker 3: He's going through like some divorce can show it down. They like only exciting fighter on the roster was like, I'm done. No, No, he's going through something.
Speaker 4: He's coming back.
Speaker 7: Speaking about pure entertainment, You guys are in for a treat tomorrow night as Woodward Sports takes on Wicked pickle piketball all night long. Make sure you guys tap in tomorrow night. You get to see the fellas getting active, and we are.
Speaker 3: Starting at five thirty tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go from five thirty to seven thirty so we can get some of the live action of the pickleball tournament in there on screen. So if when we're not live at five, don't freak out. Five thirty is when we're starting tomorrow, sir. That'll do it for us today. Appreciate you guys tapping it brand home, he said, a whole lot nothing. Mike mccandy, Mike is the next No Sea and uh Nick like Sweader Masses for easy. Nicholas christ Science been anyway, you see guys tomorrow live.
Speaker 3: But what could pick on Westland Peace