Speaker 1: Welcome to the monthly mail bag for November twenty twenty four. Here on the fourth a discant network. I'm down and I am guy. Did you say November twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: But not that? Oh no, it is that. Yeah, I just needed to sort of go to me for a second.
Speaker 1: We haven't done one of these since June, and we apologize because we're going to do this as a monthly mail bag. Guess what it's going to be. The way the new schedule works is you get talking Scientfower speak at the heel Tales of Futurama, and we end each month with a monthly mail bag exclusively for you supporters here on Patriot.
Speaker 2: He's telling you this. He told me this this morning, Yes, because I was like, Dan, what are we doing? I made decisions in until after the fact and I show up and I just a it's a good system that works. It's not a dysfunctional relationship in any way.
Speaker 1: Shape for Let's get to our first question the show. Let's all right, Andy not Andy G. I think it's kat G because it's d E. So he's seeing it's Andy D.
Speaker 2: It's not Andrew JP. No, it's not Andrew JP. Where is Andrew GP, he's got missing do you respect to Andy D? I think it was a little weird that Andrew JP is not first name on the call sheet when it comes to a mailbank.
Speaker 1: That's right, But Andy D wants to know what's your favorite most recently seen show. Doesn't have to be a new one, just one you've recently discovered. We've already discussed Monk that I've really enjoyed very much.
Speaker 2: In The Monk, you're like three seasons in, four seasons in or four three and a half in. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just watched the episode that had Jason Alexander guest the one. There's a few critiques of the show. Two big ones for me. The annoying thing is that it's always the guest star. So if you recognize the face, you go, oh, well that's the person, yes, And that is annoying because shake it up a bit. Have them be someone who helps Monk, who they could be the victim of the crime. Don't keep making them the person that Monk is looking for because it just becomes obvious by the end.
Speaker 2: I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: Just shake change the formula a little bit, even if it's every like one or one out of five episodes.
Speaker 2: It's different just to just to throw you off a bit, do it every once in a while. I yes, as I said, I wholly understand where you're coming from. I think people tune into Monk though for some feeling of constancy, repetition, yeah, comfort, I like it though for the I like the pattern, I like the formula. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, felt like the first season was that was the show. Obviously wasn't huge success of the guest stars every second week or every week, right, it feels like every week.
Speaker 2: Now it's a guest start. It's like it's the stick of the show.
Speaker 1: But the first season was great because they were who done it's and you were trying to solve it with him with Monk, And it felt like in the seasons two and three, they would show you the crime being committed at the start and then show you Monk try to figure it out, and it's like I want to I want to work it at with him. I don't want to know what it is and then have to watch him figure it out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we already know what the answer is. Work out you figured it out already. I'm just picturing you talking to the TV in that voice exactly like dude, David, well.
Speaker 1: You know, you know it's bad with him, Nicholas going, I'm kind of sick of the fact that it's always like the famous person. I'm like, yeah, if she's noticing it that because she will sit there, she'll just enjoy it. But if she's critiquing it, you know it's bad. The other thing is they really realize that audiences must love.
Speaker 2: God Monk's weird. He does some really weird.
Speaker 1: Things, and they just you know, when the gag, they try to make it a gag.
Speaker 2: Extending at the Rakes.
Speaker 1: Side showed Bob it's funny, then it becomes not funny, then it becomes funny again. It never becomes funny again. With the Monks stuff, it's like, just step through the fucking door, you know, like he's looks and.
Speaker 2: He's taking he steps back, takes a step, who steps back and he takes deep breath. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's like this has been going for a minute now, I can be just we've seen him walk through doorways before. Just step through the doorway. So they're my two critiques, but I am enjoying it overall.
Speaker 2: What about you? And he shows you've just discovered anything. Oh it is this one. It actually is new and there's still unrolling and today for Yonce age along well. Of course ninety in all its incarnations, remains, you know, number one on the dockets. What has just wrapped up? I think it's was ninety because there's they usually run two concurrently. I actually going with ny that's the show not going. But I'm going to tell you about the current state of play with naety day because well, I think at least two people in our Patreon group and our and then in the in the ninety day family, in the fore Finger Discount family, have started to say how much they're into it.
Speaker 1: I think it was a ginger Ginger made a way through it and she was like, oh God, that is always death, and I think our pale Jordan Molman Ritchie.
Speaker 2: Also piped up in defense of NDF NINETYF. No, it's not even an acronym that people use. I'm trying to make I'm trying to make that chat I'm not going to happen and I shouldn't do it. But they usually run two seasons concurrently because there are a spinofs. You know, there's nightety Day, the other way, there's ninety Day. Happily. Ever, after all this kind of stuff and one just wrapped up and they're about to start another one, there's going to be a bit of a churnover. I think you're doing ninety Day the last resort where couples that have been on the show and have been constantly battling. It's like, we're going to send you to like it's a real rip off of the white loads. They even use like white lotus music. This is the second season, but the first one they did they send me like this deserted resort somewhere in Mexico. It's really kind of spooky. It was like they were at the hotel from the Shining Fear Factor Little well yeah, I mean it wasn't speak because they put them for challenges, although they did put them through sort of emotional challenge. I know it's going to save your marriage eating scorpions. That they would frame it like that. It's like this is a trust exercise. You're going to feed your partner a scorpion, or we're gonna say your feed your partner like, oh I don't want to eat it, big D, but I love you, so you wouldn't put a scorby in my mouth, and no, no, they put some dumb shit. Why am I watching this stuff? I love I love you, I love you, Luise. This is why I'm watching. But anyway, so there's that, but no, something that and I are quite into at the moment is The Day of the Jackal. It is on Peacock in the US and it is on Foxtel slash Binge here Daid. Jackal is one of those names I think people know, even if you've never seen the original film or read the original novel by Frederick Fords, The Master of Susprench. It's essentially the Jackal. It's code named war an assassin for high when of these guys, he's a master of the skies. You're paying an exambalant amount of money and he will you take out your designated target in some ludicrous inventive and it's an assassin. Is an assassin, Yeah, yeah, yeah, but a cool I mean killing people. He's killing people. He's played by the Academy Award winning actor Eddie Redmain. A lot of people don't like Eddie Redmain. He's a fantastic beast guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, guy, I have no whatsoever you are red main topic. You get a lot of people who are very online, or this guy's too much.
Speaker 1: Or didn't he play Stephen Hawking without him? He did, and he won the oscar for that else did okay? I mean he was good in that found Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like I love the guy or despise the guy. I just that guy. There are certain people, certain actors, particularly that a certain segment of people online will like. Don't like that guy. He could do any he could win, ask us, he could try different stuff, have a great versatile body work. Now I don't like him? Yeah, for whatever reason? How I get through life? No no one likes Oh I hate what Hayden? No one likes me. Everybody like, you're the baby face. I'm the heel. Oh you really? Yeah? Am I I don't think so? Are we both baby faces? I think that's yeah, we're in the heel. In the show Where's Mitch, Mitch, we're occasionally bespirching Mitch's character. He's pretty off, mitches up, living his best life, lovely child, a job, you know, plays a bit of cricket every once and again. I should have to ask by the way she broke her should collar bone or something when you usually say shout out to someone. It's like, well done you. I hope you're getting better well as I do. Is playing crickets because he said crickets.
Speaker 1: She which's wife in case you're not aware, reaching for the ball put her hands out flat and it's like, completely broke her collar bone. Not damn, yeah, no good.
Speaker 2: She's only young. She shouldn't be doing that. Ship that should be that's the province of me. Yeah, reaching for a glass one of the best memes e. It was like, yeah, when you're twenty or twenty five or whatever, you stayed on I go to work whatever. It's like I look to see what was out the window and now I'm a quadriplegic. That's essentially what it's like, rewinding, rewinding, rewinding, day of the Jackal Eddie redmade. It's given him a little bit. Not he didn't need a career boots. He was doing perfectly fine. But everyone's like it's always the way you take someone who vaguely tough or whatever, you put a gun in their hand and you make him capable of it. It's like, wow, yeah, this who un'tseeen depth and charisma from this person. It's really good. It's a ten episode mini series. I think they've just renewed it for a second season, which I guess The Jackal was getting away at the air and but we are very much enjoying it on a Sunday night this weekend looks like it's gonna be good, a good time on the couch for lu And although we've got to go to a Thanksgiving party for our threat, well we have to got to do it.
Speaker 1: Luise organizes the social events and you're like, oh the fuck men, she's not one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent stoked about it either. Yeah, but these are after our friends Fane and Will, who love to throw a party. They do they they're the people who do Chris. There's a lot of friends who'd love to throw a party. It sounds like indeed, I think Blue would like to do that as well. I'm like, really do we have to? I don't like going to parties, let them throwing them anyway, But we're doing that. But there's also great looking documentary starting to morrow called yacht Rock, a documentary run up My Alley, and another show called The Agency, which sounds but like the Day of the Jackal. It's former CIA agent gets himself into Shenanigans. So yeah, I'm very much in my dad era.
Speaker 1: No children, I always love like children FBI former CIA. It's like the cliche Arnold Schwarzenegger's script or what it's like. He was once a formal CIA, then they killed his wife and now he's back for revenge. That like, what's that film where he they kill his daughter or something? Is that?
Speaker 2: That's not a razor? Is it? Which is the one where they killed Schwartzenegger's daughter. Uh, there's one called Aftermath where she does in a plane crash.
Speaker 1: I thought they no, don't think no, no, no, Maybe I'm thinking of any other action. Yeah, they blow up someone's they blop someone's kid in a car.
Speaker 2: It was a movie.
Speaker 1: It was like a nineties film. It was any of the state. Maybe they blow someone's kid in the car. It was that that timeframe. Okay, I just love my nineties. Who doesn't Anyway, the next question, let's get to it, but ten minutes one question?
Speaker 2: Is there a lot in the bag? Is the heavy bag? It's pretty heavy? Wow?
Speaker 1: Kell me Donald, What has been your favorite movie release this year so far? Animated or not animated? How do you both feel about Pamela Hayden those two separate questions. Okay, so what's your favorite movie release so far this year? I really enjoyed The Wild Robot.
Speaker 2: I mean to check out The Wild right, Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: The startup, it's really spooky for kids, Like the first five minutes, Holly was like, I don't think I like this, and I thought, it's more like this, probably have to get her out of here, because actually it's very dark. But the premise is that he's going around not knowing what's going on. He's never been to this planet before, and there's just like bear's.
Speaker 2: Gone right out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: And so the first five minute's a little scary for kids, but the rest of the film fantastic.
Speaker 2: And the Wild Robot is she's a she? Yeah, so did I say he? I think no.
Speaker 1: What it is is so the robot is friend a friend's little baby duck and that raises this Yeah, yeah that, and I think the duck is scared of the animals or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, sounds about right. But The Wild Robot, Yeah, good movie. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: All Right, You're going to have to give me a second here because I'm trying really hard to remember what is coming out this year, twenty twenty four movies, Gladiator too yet I have not. I've heard.
Speaker 1: Mix things mixed. We like Megalopolis, didn't you I didn't think that was too bad? Just pick one film doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I know. I not go with Harold and the Purple Crayon, just going yeah, because I'm a real Zachary le b Head.
Speaker 1: Actually a great movie for kids. The premise sounds like whatever. You look at the picture and go, oh, there's gonna this film looks stupid. Nicoleokok the kiss to see it, absolutely loved it. We had a house. I say a house was probably the seven kids right who were running ramp but going mental didn't like it. One of them sort of just he's just he's fer at the best of times. We put on Harold and the Purple Crayon and they're like, yeah, we put it on. They sat there for the whole film and loved it. Harold and the Purple Crayon. Don't ask me how why kids love it?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Interesting look, there's maybe a bit of a normal choice. I like Gym too, Okay. I've never seen either of the Dune films. I could lend them to you on four K recently picked them. I've got them, but I've never watched them. Okay, flex, we love plex. What a flex.
Speaker 1: We'll change my internet this week and now I can be like, oh everything works again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, I'm having a lot of dropouts.
Speaker 1: Zero dropouts, which is a fantastic thing. I I I'll say, how fast my internet?
Speaker 2: Check out this picture? So when you're downloading? Almost every time I see you, you're talking toast when you're when you download something, what was it usually download out? What's man? I don't know fast? It depends well, it depends on the file, It depends on the whatever. What's usually get out? What number? Well, you give me a number and I'll say it. When was that ninety six the other day? That sounds pretty quick. I download fourteen gig and under five minutes. Well that's very quick. Well, good for you. And the recently, when I've been coming out over the record with Dando, he will talk about how terrible his old internet provider was, start dropping the name of his new internet provider and then saying, let's see if you can get yeah, looking at my postcard, No you can't get it. Yeah, it sucks. He was very much like the kid in the Eddie Murviys game super say, hey, you have a good time with your superne two a lot? Okay?
Speaker 1: As She also asked cal, how do you both feel about Pamela Hayden retiring and what impact do you think it will have on the show going forward. There's two ways that can go about it. Now, I have the inside word that the idea of AI and the Simpsons has already been addressed, addressed in house.
Speaker 2: I imagine it would have been went down like a lead balloon. Oh boy, So it wasn't like, Okay, Pamela sit in this recording booth with the last of your brand, read the dictionary. Yeah, I think I will say a selection of words that we can then manipulate into the voice of Millhouse that was not the voice of Millhouse.
Speaker 1: I won't name names because you know the names we're talking about. There are some names already on the show who you watch the show now and go those voices don't sound anything like they're supposed to, and it's very distracting when you're watching the show. If you're watching just nothing but new episodes, you probably just get used to it. But when you go from an old one to a new one, to the point where I put one on the other day, kids put a new one. A Nicola goes, have they replaced March? Okay, no, She's like, oh shit, okay, right, honestly, I love.
Speaker 2: How you say we don't have to name names. Yeah, well it's obvious anyways.
Speaker 1: So I think, Pamela, you listen to Millhouse now and you can see you can start to hear the signs of oh, it's not quite where it used to be. I think she just went, you look, you know what. I'm seventy, I've made my money. My voice ain't what it used to be. I'm out. I think she wanted to get out before I got to the point of everyone going.
Speaker 2: Oh god, have you heard it? Voice is so bad? A couple of snipefuckers from GEELONGO, yeah, get out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, as I said, the AI has been addressed and hasn't gone down well so far with whom read between the lines? Who do you think as in like who told me that that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, you probably read between the lines and the work who that was as well? But it apparently was like the plan would be that. I think I think personally. What they should do going forward is they the voice actors themselves who still do the show. Do the act it out right, because voice acting is acting right. Have them act out the roles and then use AI to have it sound like their original voice. I don't think that's an It could be seen as offensive, but I think that would mean that they are still performing the show. But maybe it makes them feel inadequate. I'm not too sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I think that I think they would feel quite inadequate for doing that. You know, it's, you know, the equivalent of using using steroids or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's best for the product though, you know what I mean, you're doing for the product.
Speaker 2: I know where you're coming from. Part of me is very much adapt or die. You know, it's like because it's not introducing new voices. I mean, you don't even necessarily have to do a one to eighty shift in terms of like Millers used to sund like this, and now they saying like this because we've got used to a person A and now we've got person B doing it. At the same time, I think it would be a little disrespectful to have someone come in and do like a really good imitation of person a person they come a person be coming and doing a really good impersonation a person person a. Yeah, I don't know. It's a tough one. The problem is they've replaced characters voice wise for other reasons and yeah, in recent years, right, and they don't take Obviously, I'm sort of well into the voice acting community now with the podcast of Jim, but even the Simpsons approach.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know whether it's a Simpsons decision or whether it's a Fox decision or Disney decision, but they they don't look for who does the best voice, because we've got our man Jayden Lebron who does a great Smithers or he has a great Doctor Hibbit, right, and Jaden is African American, all right, so there's no issue there with him voicing Doctor Hibbitt. But they hire celebrities, they're a name. It's like, how about you just hire the best voice, hire the best voice for the voice for the role, and then the character would be the best. But now you watch up the hipp and you go, this doesn't sound anything like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, yeah, it's a very interesting development. I mean, going back to the old days, we used to have movie stars in this country, you know. And this was more for live action stuff and voice actors and animated movies would be terrific voice actors, but not necessarily above the marquee names or above the title names. Now it seems to have gone the other way in that live action movies. I'm using sort of an old example here, but it's more like the character is the star. You know, people go to see Captain America or Thor or Man or something or Deadpool. Admittedly Ryan rends a dimple, but they're not necessarily stars. The character is the star, and is like Chris Hemsworth is a star, but Thor is the star, you know what I mean. Whereas with animated stuff, it's like, look at all the names we've got to voice buzz Light here in Woody, the Cowboy, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, and now increasingly, you know, members of the Springfield community.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing, is that now? And we had a voice director from the eighties nineties and she still voice directs to this day, Jimmy McSwain on Jim's podcast last week. She directed all the Disney animated shows throughout the early nineties whatnot. And she has this saying she called a TV guide casting there where they go through the TV guide and they try to find who can we have for this film. They write characters for celebrities as opposed to trying to find the right voice, and so many like, for example, Chris Pratt didn't need to be Mario and Garfield, why is Chris Pratt Mario? It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: That doesn't know at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you listen to the voice and you go, you're not even putting on a voice. It is speaking as Chris Pratt. It's like it was so weird. Same with Garfield. Watched Garfiord and you go, it's just it's just Chris Pratt speaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Chris Pratt. But at the same time, I mean I really liked him. I think it was Emmett in the in the Lego movies. He seemed really well. Also, that's a character that comes with no pre existing baggage. That's the thing. Someone like Mario. Yeah, you would appreciate a bit of woo.
Speaker 1: I think he tried to do something, but it's like it was all more ironic than actually Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then you're in bairebly going to get some backlash from someone who's like, this voice is too stereotypical, or this act that you've cast is not Italian enough, you know, but they cast wasn't Italian at all. That is true. That is true. And with Garfield, yeah, I mean Pratt destruct, I hire a cat next time, please. Well, I just I'm what I've heard of Pratt as Garfield was like, this does not really giant. It's nothing liked with the Garfield that I Chris pat Sen, he likes Monday's fine, you always get up and rise and grind. Bill Murray was a perfect garfieer. Bill Murray was pretty good as Garfield running who else you'd probably get for that, don't I don't really it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: But yeah, just that's with the Simpsons, I feel like they're going to replace Millhouse and they'll find some celebrity friend of theirs so they can say, hey, guess he's on our cast.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It seems that they employ their friends as opposed to searching for the best voice, which is a bit annoying. A little bit annoying if you're a fan of everything we do here at Fourth Finger Discount. But you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the Fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your palas Guy and Dano for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash Fourth Finger Discount. James Pavey says, have you heard of the annual Japanese Relaxation or Space Out Contest? How do you think you would place Japanese Relaxation or space Out? That's pretty much guys afternoon every day, right.
Speaker 2: They go fuck yourself spacing out. No, I'd certainly be a gold medalist in this year.
Speaker 1: Literally do nothing for wellness. Space Out Competition twenty twenty four in Japan. Where is the chance for us to challenge anxiety from last constant barrage of information on social media by spacing out? Two companies have announced the Space Out Competition twenty twenty four notices I didn't bother trying to pronounce those words. A unique event designed to help participants rediscover the value of mental relaxation and promote a happier, more balanced way of living. Japan Space Out Competition twenty twenty four will begin with an online competition in August, followed by regional qualifiers.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. What is the actual thing? Though, Well, a very fast paced and work centered society like Japan, it is probably going to have to enforce a little bit of downtime or and allow it turn it into a game. Yeah, because they feel guilty almost, don't they for relaxing. The rest of the world seems to have sort of picked up that's button and run with it. Yeah, we could all use a little bit of relaxation the very now. And again, I've seen ninety minutes. So the competition is a visual that's rookie. That's rookie.
Speaker 1: The competition is a visual performance held purposely against the batchup of a busy city as an art show demonstrating that doing nothing has value. Participants in the Space Out Competition compete to relax their minds and bodies over ninety minutes. Contestants stressed to represent their professions or statuses and are evaluated on their heart flight, heart rate fluctuations, and overall relaxation. So it's who can drop their heart rate the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wondering given that our given that that feels like you're not relaxing, you're trying to relax. Yeah, just relax. Given that our Japanese friends seem to game show if I almost anything, I'm wondering if they're going to have situations where someone is drunk, chill out, and then they'll be glove punches in the head. So you know, Godzilla pokes his giant claw through the window or something. Yeah, I think, Dan, I don't know, Dan.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you live alone, You've got the base of going back to you, so you can you can do this whenever you feel like it, That is true. Yeah, I don't because I'm in the mentality now of I work. I have to cook and clean, get the house clean. And the vicious cycle of having kids is clean cleaning the house, right, because you get the kids ready, they mess the house up in the morning, you get home, you work, you clean the house, you pick them up, they mess it up again, you get them to bed, you clean up again. And just I feel like I'm vacuuming the house twice and twice at that at the moment. Yeah, but Ollie Duxbury wants to know. Me and my wife are spending Christmas together for the first time this year at my parents. How did you guys find your first Christmas with your respective partners and if you have any traditions that they found odd Well, first thing, Nicholas, her first Christmas here.
Speaker 2: Was oh my god, it's warm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And first time I went there, I was like, oh, you can't go outside of a barbecue to sit inside and look at the shitty muddy It wasn't even snow. It was just sludge and cold and wet.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, a Chris, it's not being inside and being with each other. I'm like, there's the other outside too, there's no scap. I'm trying to recall the first time that Lou attended a Davis family Christmas. I think I was a little worried, even though yeah, there's no really nothing to worry about. My family doesn't get into you, like huge Christmas arguments or drunken brawls or anything like that. I wouldn't have had arguments on Christmas, but I think anytime you're introducing the person you love to the people that you love. Oh God, I hope these hope this isn't oil and water. I hope these two great tastes taste great together, as I like to say. And it did worked out very nicely. I mean, you know, you're initially worrying, Oh, she's going to think. I'm worried that my mom's not going to say anything inappropriate, but she's going to do something to embarrass me. You guys watch Fox News. How about that Trump he got to say the joint trying to make Australia great again. No, I'm more like, oh, you know, it's like when Marge is showing pictures of bart with as a toddler with his pants off or some ship like that. So not worry, but I'm like, I just hope it works. I hope, I hope. You know, everyone's on the same page. And when we left, your family's so nice. Everyone's so nice.
Speaker 1: That's the That's the thing I found with nicholas family too. I go there and I'm like, ah, this is what pleasant feels like, you know, But my family is very loud and rough, not not fighting like at Christopher but it's just like loud and like some volumes up so I might burb and it's just like it's just it's chaos, right, and it's like, man is not that I have manners, but it's like, you know, it's not proper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get to ink Nicholas and it's just very very not proper either, but it's just very You're using the right cutlery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's very special. And like Dad calves the chicken and everyone watches the chicken and I'm like, Okay, this.
Speaker 2: Is okay, this is different. Okay, sounds nice.
Speaker 1: Next question here comes from Harrison McClure. Hey, Legends, hope you're both keeping well. Not that not that this is a question, but the LST couple of seasons have been really fun to listen to. For me, a lot of the episodes were new when I was around ten and eleven, and there was a couple of years where we didn't have Sky one to watch new episodes. So when we got Sky around two thousand and eight, I remember binging all these episodes. But for the sake of throwing you guys a question, are you excited for Christmas this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What was excited? For Christmas. We've got to see Sanna today, Sanna Sianna. I know him. I too, am excited for Christmas. I think it's going to be I know, nice and Christmas.
Speaker 1: Taking Elliott, well, we're all going together, the Hollies companies. We're all going to the Boxing Day Test for the first time I have. I've never been to the Boxing Day Test cricket. Elliott's really excited for it.
Speaker 2: This is demonstrating the chasm between Danel and I. Lou and I were watching the news the other night and there was some news story in the sports section about cricket. Lou looked him in and said, probably the only thing more boring the cricket is people talking about cricket. I said, I love you so Boxing Day Test. I've only been once. And meanwhile Louise is recommending that we watch more Nine Fiance guys, guys saying this. Now, it's gonna be a nice Christmas. We're gonna have Christmas with loose family, sort of a big family event, maybe like a few days before Christmas itself. So you need to have your your mum's right and no one eats or whatever it is. That is correct, all right?
Speaker 1: Next question comes from James Booth. What TV show would you like to see the Simpsons either do a parody of or a crossover with? What's an iconic one they've yet to touch.
Speaker 2: I don't know about Konic. This is more in the zeit geis at the moment. I'd like to I'd like to see them do The Bear. I think the Bear has a very distinct style and very distinct tone. It would feel it would feel a little bit sort of cashing in on the hip thing of the moment. But I don't know. I think you could. I think it'd be good if you've got, say, Cami came and Richie to take over Mos or something, and you've got to watch The Bear. So I wouldn't know. Good show. Yeah, what's the basic what's me? One sentence plot like subplot as story? H groans a bar no emotionally volatile chef takes over his deceased older brothers cafe, turns it into fine diarning restaurant. I've had a lot of good things about the Yeah, oh, I love the Bear. Best best show of the last five years. So someone takes over MOS and turns it into a fancy restaurant. Yeah, or I mean it's kind of it's redoing the Flaming Mos thing. You know, Mo goes up market, but yeah, comes in some money or you know, he finds he's got along it.
Speaker 1: As a trace of horror. Mo can die and that can be there. It comes back as what are you doing to my bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think the Simpsons in the Key of the Bear would be good.
Speaker 1: I have always said that they've never done a good Jurassic Park parody, and Mitch Reader really like it was both of us the basic concept Mitch putting together like a little specscript in our book odyssey called Jurassic Pork where they cloned spider pick Ah and it's actually really good. I recommend if you haven't checked it out, get our book a check out Jurassic Pork.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 1: They did do a a Jurassic I think they called Geiatric Park or something where it was like it wasn't it wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: He didn't have this one.
Speaker 1: You have to have that Mitch spiking well, you have to have Jeff Goldblum in the show, like he would be the guest star in this Drassic Pork.
Speaker 2: I think Drassic Pork would be a good one for Treance of horror.
Speaker 1: All right, Dylan Haggett, how would you guys rank these classic early two thousands animated movies? All right, these listed some movies hang on.
Speaker 2: The this a lot. Oh yeah, I did see that list. Monster Zinc, Shrek. What's your number one out of all these? Monster Zinc?
Speaker 1: Shrek, lid On a stch I, Sage Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Madagasque of the Incredibles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number one is the Incredibles. I'm going Shrek as my number Munster Zinc Or Shrek would be my number one. Monsters Inc. Is probably number two for me. Or Monsters Inc. Can Shrek our neck and neck for the Silver Yeah, Stitch, I've never watched it, just fun. Yeah, they're a live action one. There is, there's a live action that. There's a live action to Train your Dragon. Everyone's like, why I'm gonna go burn It's gonna go burn down some cinemas.
Speaker 1: So you're taking an animated film and animating it like it's We're gone from an animated c g I film to a c g I film because I know it's like live action people, but.
Speaker 2: The drags are just still c g I why are we doing this? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, people vote with your pockets and don't go watch these movies. Please, I want these movies to fail.
Speaker 2: Please, and don't go see move faster the Lion came. Oh no, don't go see.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to me? There is a line in the Lion King one and maybe a loll get explained right, Lion King, he says, when it came to broad strength, you you got the good end of the deal. When it came to the smarts, oh no, no, no, no, you got I've got the smarts, You've got the muscle, but I'm at the lower end of the gene. Paul is to say, like, brother, I've got no muscle. You got all the muscle, but I've got the smarts.
Speaker 2: But this is my faster and scar.
Speaker 1: Or this is my faster and scar he saysn't in the linking right, he's my faster. You know we're brothers, but you know you've got the muscle. I've got the smarts. I've got no muscle.
Speaker 2: Yes, So in Mafassa, they're not they're not brothers. No, what the fuck? I know? Now? This is why I'm i've this, I will not be going to it. Yeah. Look, this is made by a filmmaker I really like nam Barry Jenkins. He's made some actually modern classics of like one of the best American filmmakers we've got. I'm glad he's getting that paper. But at the same time, no, this is not good.
Speaker 1: Nikola, the most obsessed linking fan you'll ever meet, loves a liking it is her life, right, refuses to watch.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. I've lost track. I mean, particularly with the Lion King. Okay, so we had we had the original Lion King from noting any three of them four actually, because there's like a director video sequel like Simba's Pride or some ship like that. There was two, yeah, or two of those, okay, But then we had the quote unquote live action line King, right, and that's the one with Donald Glover is the voice of Simba. And now we've got another live action line King. But it's a prequel, that's what it is. They've created a prequel as just showing how Mafussa became King. I don't like it. I don't want it. Return to sender. Yeah, no good, Yeah, I can take or leave the Lion King. I don't. To me, it is symptomatic or emblematic of just a bad situation in I know the current entertainment environment. However, I am a huge, huge, huge fan of How to Train Your Dragon movies, and I do not like the idea of a live action remaking it. Well, why are we remaking it? Yeah? Or just make a new animated one. Continue? This is keep the hand to Train Your Dragon the next generation. We used to do fucking ripoffs and spinoffs in this country. We didn't fucking remake the same thing. Yeah, Or if we remade the same thing, we did it with a little bit of a twist. It's like, oh, well, it's ten years or twenty years later, things have changed a bit. Let's take the core of this story and it'll still be called I know, the thing or invasion of the Body, snatches or whatever, but it's going to reflect the times that we're in now. This is just a fucking xerox. This is a copy of a copy of a copy. And what happens when you do copies of copies of copies they get faded and more indistinct overtime. Fuck it, like Dana said, vote with your dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've had people say to me, well, these movies, the live action liking isn't for you, it's for today's generation. What you want to fucking know something, My kids don't give two fucks about that live action film.
Speaker 2: I'll put it on numerous times, they go, can we please watch the other one? They don't want to watch real fucking lions trying to emote lions. Kind of. They're great to look at, the majestic noble beast, but they're not the most expertent is it is a circle joke of look how good our animation studios are. Now, that's all it was. Yeah, and it's yeah, it's using existing well loved ip to basically fatten up. Then let's call it like it is. Disney's bottom line made a billion dollars away. I hope to god the FUS fails. There was that great meme that someone I think in the in the patrons maybe you put it up? Was it? But it's a Simpsons frame thing with you know, you see like a picture of the poster of the How To Train and Dragon live action remake going Disney. No. I posted on the page. Yeah, sorry for the habit. Because yeah, Disney is renowned for this, but this is yeah, this is DreamWorks, and we thought you were better than this man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, all right, we'll do a couple more questions and we'll save the rest for next month's mailbag.
Speaker 2: It was probably like I didn't expect my innocent question. I thought it was going to be a celebration of animation. Instead, it's stand on Guy Railey against late stage capitalism.
Speaker 1: Madigascar, I've always been whatever with Madagascar. Yeah, that's enjoy Asko and ice Age the two.
Speaker 2: I enjoy ice Age one.
Speaker 1: I have fond memories of going to watch the Ice Age films at the cinema with my family. Mada Gascar, Nay, I was too old for it.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing that these are things like Madagascar and ice Age, they're all very much the same template. Yeah, it's like we're a situation. Yeah, it's a bunch of like we're different personality types, different physical types or whatever, but we're in a situation where we all have to work together and guess what we might become buddies by the end of it. Madicasko and Ice Arge are basically the same thing. See Madic as has actually got spinoffs the Penguin films as well. Yeah, it's all it's all so driven by I've got nothing. It's spinoffs and all that. I mean, now everyone's trying to make it back. But you know, look at you, look at Despicable Me. I mean like there's four of those movies, and how many Minions movies are there? There's probably two of those, and the menu is he.
Speaker 1: That's that's just bank that license like to them, and my kids love them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fucking love them. And I'm watching them like they're enjoyable. It's something absolutely And how many times have we said Dan it, we need to sit down. I mean, well you and majority wrote a Simpsons spect but you know I need to sit down and write a Christmas song like you granted about a boy and live off the royalties or yeah, just like about the Boy's about Oh yeah, yeah, he grants character a Christmas movie is a Christmas movie partially, Yeah, but you grant his dad wrote a Christmas song like dad wrote, like Mariah Carey wrote all I want for Christian write that song. Oh yeah, okay, that's why she's just richer than gone.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, it feels like only the last ten years has really become liking the anthem of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yea and yeah, and about a boy his dad wrote Santa's souped up Sleigh and every Christmas like, oh, it's done to bring that out again, and oh, you know the department stores using it to promote their products or whatever. And Hugh Grant gets a lovely I need to see kid talking. I'm listening. Want to see how much Riah Carey makes each year for royalties. Great, what we need to do is either write a Christmas song or we just need to sit down and go okay, yeah, we need to come up with like an animated franchise. Wow, it's so easy.
Speaker 1: But she makes three million dollars US a year from the royalties of that song.
Speaker 2: And that's on top of just being Mariah Carey. Yeah, there you go. That nice. It's like a three million dollar Christmas bonus every year. Yeah, except where the boss giving it to Yeah, my kids love it. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll do one more question here. Ian Ashley says, if you had to legally change your surname to Mick Crispy and couldn't change it back, we've got seventy five thousand dollars and a lifetime deal where you can get a McDonald's meal. You've lost me, don't want me donals for life anyway? Question where you can get a McDonald's meal once a week for free? Would you take the deal? Not a fucking chance.
Speaker 2: I'm someone who occasionally eats McDonald's. I'm gonna say no, seventy five thousand. You're trying to lowball me. Yeah, I say seventy thousand dollars. You're missing a zero. Yeah, you may be missing two zeros. And also what just a macdulgs me of the date? No, I don't know me a week and anything you're fucking with come to the negotiation table to play man. I know, I know it's yea a good te I'd read the odor of the deal you have. Still with the low ball. Oh, here's a hard question for Mandy d.
Speaker 1: For me personally, you can only keep one of the following movies and the other two are erased from history. There's three films that I love, so it's Space Jam, Billy Madison, and Shrek.
Speaker 2: Billy Madison stays. Actually no, hmm, that's interesting, isn't it? Hmm? For me personally, Billy Madison.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go one step further of this question. See, these are all nostalgia for.
Speaker 2: Me as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, your memories, your memories are raised of this movie existing as well. I suppose that would make it eas because then you're not going to miss it. That's true that it'll become like one of those Jazam Kazam things where it's like, I swear that comedian was in that genie movie that I don't because Shackson isn't he but we all have this every nineties kid has this mandala effect that Sinbak was in a movie where he was a genie. He never was, but I'm watching it in my head. So it would be a case of I wonder if like they raised for me memory and then one day you go, oh god, Jordan Dous basketball movie once Now that never happened.
Speaker 2: I swear I happened. Which one would you delete? You would delete delete space Jam? I got no no connection to that. Uh And Billy Madison Shrek I enjoy, but I can a Shrek and all its sequels then therefore gone for me. I don't want to lose Puss in Boots. I I don't want to love that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't want to lose Space Jam purely because it's just one of I have so many fond memories of that film. But if I had to keep one for the good of the world, keeping Shrek because Billy Madison can go, because at least we've still got Happy Gilmore good point. Space Jam hurts me a lot, but Shrek brings so much joy to so many people, and as you said, we've got so many spin offs that universe exists still. I think the world will be in a better place if Shrek existed out of Space Jam.
Speaker 2: Ye. Dan brought me around to his way of thinking. Shrek's stays. The other two can go because yeah, Billy Madison hap a gill More. Essentially, this s movie just manchild.
Speaker 1: So you can Stilly and we'll get to the more the rest of your questions in next month's mail bag at Christmas times. There's gonna be a Christmas mail bag next Yes, I'm thinking, guys, for your support here at four finger this can't hope you guys enjoyed that, don't forget so going forward now, the structure is going to be Futurama talking Seinfeld speaking of the Hill and then we end the month with a mail bag. That's going to be that the four weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to remind me of that. But okay, man, okay, that'll be the structure going forward. Okay, well, Nicholas rubbing off on your clearer, because now you're just imposing structure on things.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it'll be every Friday, So every Friday in your Patreon feeds will be when the exclusive ones drop. Okay, Fridays, so Thursday's fourthing a discount. Fridays will be your bonus one and Tuesdays will be your south Park. Yeah remember that. And as of this week, it's the return of the what about friends happened? It's back back, Baby, be a great time. So one of our friends is back.
Speaker 2: It's returned.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to get that in your ears every single week once a again, Nicholas. She got basically able, she could promoted at work, and she had to work every day in Melbourne the days we used to record.
Speaker 2: She's not getting back on until seven.
Speaker 1: She's too tired. It's just been a lot getting her schedule. But now Nicholas worked out a deal where rather than have the extra day in Melbourne, she works in the Geelong office here, so it's a lot less pressure off hers. And now we've got the Times once again. Do the one about friends. It's back baby, so enjoy that as well. Right, guys, thinks the game for obvious sportments to Davis. Any final words for those.
Speaker 2: Listeners out there, seventy five thousand. Wasn't a McDonald's meal a week? No, we can forget it. Not than a happy apple pie.
Speaker 1: Oh if you're throwing in an apple pie? Can you get another pie with a meal? Is that part of a meal or is it just that's an add on, that's an add on, a pile for free.
Speaker 2: But he's got a part. What's happened? This is the longest final words ever the I can't think of it anything