Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Ken tam Case h.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this warm Sunday morning here in southern California. You're Los Angeles Dodgers, sixty two and forty four on the season, first place atop the NL West. The Dodgers were warm and in fact, they were hot to start the second half of this season. A six and one homestead, they hit the road, which has not been a good place for them, and this series so far in Houston not very good, as they've lost back to back games to the Astros. Now the Dodgers looked at salvage this series in Houston with River Ryan on the mound, first pitch a minute made park coming up at eleven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. David vatsegoes one on one with Kevin Bigio, who returns home to Houston, where he is from, and of course his dad, a Hall of Fame player for the ASH Shows. Shortly we'll check you with Kirsten Watson and in just a couple of minutes we'll hit it out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Booth with Rick Monday and Tim Neffett.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Yesterday in Houston, the Dodgers were looking good until they got to the bullpen. Justin Roblusky was really good for five and two third innings, two runs, four hits, struck out two through eighty two pitches, and had the lead when he left. He got the lead early thanks to Cavin B Show's RBI double in the second and the Dodgers let the ASH Shows one to nothing. Then the third show, Hey Otani with a home run that still hasn't landed to right and the Dodgers a two to nothing lead. In the fifth, Gavin Lux An RBI's single, he continues to get hot, Dodgers up three to nothing. Still in the fifth, Tae Oscar Hernandez with an RBI single scoring show Hey Otani and the Dodgers grabbed a four to nothing lead. Dodgers tacked on one more in this sixth show, Aotani RBI single to left scoring Keykey Hernandez and the Dodgers through six innings were up five to nothing. Well, the bottom of a six proved to be disaster for the Dodgers, as the Houston Astros scored four runs in that inning, but the Dodgers still had a five to four lead. They added an insurance run of the a thanks to Calvin Bigio.
Speaker 4: So for tickets Dodgers dot Com slash promotions.
Speaker 5: To two pitches drilled to right in deep.
Speaker 6: This pap back and has done a home run Kevin Bigio in his hometown.
Speaker 5: It's a home run. It is six to four.
Speaker 2: Cavin Vigo with a home run to right center field. Dodgers up six to four going to the bottom half of the eighth inning, and that's again where the bullpen gave it up. Pena an infield singles scoring a run that made it a six to five game, singleton and RBI single to write that tied the game at six. It was still tied after the Dodgers failed to score in the top half of the ninth. In In the bottom of the ninth, Blake trying it on in relief, facing Alex Bergman and a.
Speaker 5: One out of Bregman, he swings this one so over. Wow, that's up on the train tracks, over the proper bossers, and for the twenty third time this year, the Astros come all the way back.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers had a five nothing d in this one and this Bowl game slip the ways.
Speaker 2: Alex Regman the game winning walk off home run off Blake Trying in in the bottom half of the ninth inning, a game in which the Dodgers had a five to nothing lead in the six, a six to four lead in the eighth, but the bullpen cannot hang on and help the Dodgers as they get the loss. Seven to six is your final. They've now dropped two straight in Houston. Josh Hater gets the winning relief for the Astros. Blake Trying fitsch a third of an inning, gives up the home run, he takes the loss. He falls to five and three on this season. The Dodgers right now are reeling on the road after that great homestand you go back to the pre All Star Break road trip. In the first two games of this road trip, the Dodgers have dropped nine of their last eleven away from Dodgers Stadium. There now sixty two and forty four on this season. The Dodgers on the road are twenty eight and twenty four, but they're leading the division is down to five and a half over the San Diego Padres. Dodger look to bounce back today and get a series win. River Ryan on the mound. First pitch a Minute Made Park is coming up at eleven ten. Right now, though, let's head out to the gallopin Mooters broadcast both as we say hello and good morning to Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Tim Never guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Roof closed again here in Houston at Minute Made Park, third game of a three game seven, the Dodgers trying to salvage one here. The Dodgers come into this game with the second best record in the National League behind the Phillies. Phillies at sixty four and thirty nine. They're five games back of the number one seed in the National League and our up one game in the lost column over the Milwaukee Brewers or the number two spot in the National League playoff race. The Dodgers start today five and a half over San Diego in the National League Western Division sixty two and forty four. Meantime, the Astros fifty five and forty nine trying to shake the Seattle Mariners, but the Mariners won again last night, so it's just a one game difference in the American League Western Division between Houston and Seattle. As far as the Astros go, they have won twelve of their last fourteen at home, while the Dodgers have really struggled on the road as of late. They've lost nine of their last eleven, and their road record this year now.
Speaker 5: Twenty eight and twenty four.
Speaker 7: A very tough one to swallow last night as the Dodgers, for the second time in about a month, have lost a five run lead in the game and Houston came back on an Alex Bregman home run on the bottom of the ninth to win it by a seven to six score. So the Dodger is dropping the first two, how do they pick one up?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 5: Today?
Speaker 7: Mal and facing a guy named Spencer Arraghetti River Ryan making his second major league start for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: And the two losses in the series have not really been mona leases as far as the way they played base running blunders in Game one, bulp been collapse in Game two that was in last night's game, but also you start to look opportunities. Dodgers just three for eleven runners in scoring position last night. They're just four for twenty in this series. And you look at the Astros talk about being on a roll. They have won twelve for the last fourteen at home and in those fourteen games they've outscored the opposing teams eighty three to thirty nine. They are definitely on a roll. And if you talk about on a roll, the Dodgers right behind him. Now, as you mentioned, five and a half San Diego Padres have won seven in a row, eight of ten. Then Arizona six and a half back, they've won four in a row and seven of ten. So you look in the Western Division, the Dodgers, Yes, they're playing short handed, no question about that. With injuries and Freddie Freeman on family emergency League as well. With this Dodger bull Cleb, nobody's gonna feel sorry for him. They've got to come out play better baseball.
Speaker 7: They could use another good game out of Calvin Biggio today, playing in his hometown in front of his Hall of Fame dub who works for the Astros. Bigio last night got on base three times. He had a double and a home run, a couple of runs batted in and he's back there at first base.
Speaker 4: And Austin Barnes, who may be one of the hottest tenors along with Gavin LUs Barnes, is in that lineup. He'll do the catching bat eight. Gavin Lux again bats in the number three spot playing against Sacabase. Jason Hayward will be the cleanup bitter. He is in right field, kicking her Nana starts at third base. As you mentioned, Bigeo in that lineup, he is at first out and will be in center field. So Dave Roberts, you know he's playing the hand that he really has to play at this particular time. We mentioned short handed, no question about it. But the Dodgers need to jump on the ball a little bit better. Also not chase pitches. They did that in each of the first two games, and they're facing a guy today who will like you to expand the strike zone.
Speaker 7: Choyo Towani hit his thirty second home run of the year. It was a monster blast, second longest home run at Minute Made Park this season, but he also stole his twenty sixth base of the season.
Speaker 5: That ties a career high for him.
Speaker 7: He stole twenty six bases during the twenty twenty one season with the Angels.
Speaker 4: He's done just about everything but drank the infield, and I'm certain he can handle that as well. I mean, he's just been amazing. And then you start to look at other other teams how they're pitching to him. We don't see any pattern. They've tried to go inside, and Jamming hits the ball down the right field line. We see them go away from him. He hits the ball out at the ballpark to less center field on top of it. But then you add the speed as you're referring to with the stolen bases. He is really the entire package. And this is just as the designated hitter. Wait till next year when we see him also on the mound. Occasionally Dodger is trying to salvage a game. In this three game set, Spencer Arigatti going for Houston River Ryan his second start for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on is Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's at shankys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. As we lead you up to first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We're gonna check in with David Bass saying it's gonna go one all one with Cavin bez you. We'll dive deeper into today's pitchy matchup with River Ryan making his second start. What up next to your O Tani? You Rewine Anna, We'll visit with Kirstena Watson from sports Net l Light. It's all coming up as we leads you up to Dodgers and Astros from Houston. First pitch at eleven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Its Morongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Houston. As they wrap up this three games set with the Astros, River Ryan and Spencer Aghetti the pitchy matchup first pitch, seven eleven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani three wide.
Speaker 5: Did some concessions.
Speaker 7: There's a ball hit way out of here, Otani.
Speaker 5: If there is a third deck, you need to hit it there.
Speaker 6: He hit it over the second deck, an incredible smash for show Hey O'tani for his thirty second home run of the year. He got a ninety two mile an hour middle middle fastball that he absolutely destroyed.
Speaker 7: He's up with two on and one out. Swings HiT's a ground ball in the left field of base. Here here comes innends around thirty oh. Score it is five to nothing Dodgers. Four of the Dodgers' six runs have come from the bottom of the order. Tonight, there goes Otani down to second base, huge jump and he's in safely with a pop up slide. No chance for all Tuba to even put a tag on it. Stolen base number twenty six for Sho.
Speaker 2: Hee Otaniotani did his part yesterday Dodgers lost seven to six. Sotani goes two for three with a home run. That home run number thirty two on this season still hasn't landed in Houston. Otani now is seventy six RBI on this season. Stolen based number twenty six on the year for Otani. He's about in three eighteen and on base percentage now over four hundred, and he's slugging at a six forty five percentage unbelievable. The Otani rewind brought to you by Eto Anzoyo Ja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea is Shoeotani Loves and drinks a bill Biga local Diso stores, Amazon at eto in dot com. That's it, O e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirston now joins us from Mini Made Park Dodgers trying to salvage this series of the win here in the finale of this three game said and Kirston River Ryan against the ball and River Ryan, Wow, we need this river to go deep and long. We do.
Speaker 8: And look even look at his last outing he got into the sixth inning. That was the deepest he's gone on a professional game. And so Dave Roberts was saying, Okay, that was a good taste, but we're gonna need a little bit more of that. And it's really because there are limited arms.
Speaker 1: Available in the bullpen.
Speaker 8: We know the usage has been high. We saw yesterday how as soon as Justin Robleski came out of the game, you kind of felt that shift and momentum. Then ultimately the game got a little bit too close for comfort. We saw how the Actros came back and won that one. But you know, it's been a situation in which the bullpen usage is high. Someone like Evan Phillips, he's working through a couple of things right now. He felt like he had strunk together a couple solid outings before the one yesterday, and he even felt like he was executing his pitches. But you know, it's tricky when you feel like you're executing your pitches but then the other team is getting to you. So some of them were you know, just finding the holes on the field and some bloops. But ultimately he's working through some things. It is frustrating for him, but he's trying to get back on track and Dave Roberts truly believes that, you know, he is going to figure it out. So it's one of those things. Well, when it comes to River Ryan today, he's going to have to try to go deep into this game. So if he can be efficient and attack the Astros hitters and get some outs and move, you know, that's what they want to see from him because the leash is going to be a little bit longer, so hopefully he could take control of that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The leash is gonna be longer because the Dodgers don't have a lot of options to come through that gate out of the bullpen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they really don't. And even Dave was saying that, you know, he's going to check in. The guys are playing catch a little bit ago, so he's going to check in with some guys see how their arms are feeling today. He did say that Joe Kelly as well as Alex Vessia, they are good to go today.
Speaker 1: So we will be seeing them.
Speaker 8: Especially, you know, high leverage situations, maybe even closing out this game. We'll see what the situation asks for. But when it comes to everyone else, a couple question marks. Obviously there's gainsmanship, so we don't want to give up everything, But the biggest thing was just checking in on guys. How are they feeling. Do they feel that they can go today? Tomorrow is an off day, a true off day, so that at least is beneficial. But you have a tough series in San Diego and then the team has another it's a long road trip. They'll have another off day, but then they go to Oakwood. So it's been a long stretch for the guys.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Let's get a win today in Houston, head to San Diego for a big series beginning on Tuesday. Here, so we appreciate it. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up Tomorrow's that easy. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with the K still to come.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. David Basago is one on one with Calvin Bigio up next. We'll get you an injury report though, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Astros. First pitch at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday morning, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam four Good Times. Dodgers and Houston to take on the Ashos. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: This he's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman on the Family Emergency List as he is back home here in southern California. Chris Taylor on the IL with a left growing strain, Miguel Rojas on the IL, Mookie Bets on the IL, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the IL. Walker Bueler had a minor league rehab assignment on Friday night. Michael Grove on the IL with the lot strain, Max Mounsey on the IL. Bruce dark gratterol thrown in in a relief last night in the minor leagues for a rehab assignment. He is trending towards coming back, hopefully soon. So is Ryan Brazier, who is on the sixty day IL as well. All right, let's head back out to Minute Made Park as they get ready for this series for an alle and here from the Dodgers skipper Dave.
Speaker 9: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave?
Speaker 8: Robbers just put the bullpen kind of heading into this game. How do you feel about and just kind of where the status of them are at, the state of them, how they're feeling heading.
Speaker 3: Into this one.
Speaker 10: I feel fine. Uh, there's certainly going to be a few guys that, you know, once they do their catch play, we'll figure out which guys are available, which guys are not. I do know Vessia and Joe will be in play tonight today and you know we'll see from there.
Speaker 8: With Ryan, I know yesterday we got to see Jesse get a little bit deeper into the game. Is that what you're hoping to seek from River as well? Or do you different guys going to manage them to end just completely differently?
Speaker 5: No, I think the same.
Speaker 10: You know, I think that you know, his last one was the first time that he ever in his professional career touched the six innings, So I think that's something certainly to build on. It's going to be, you know, a tough task against this lineup, but you know, given his his confidence, his stuff, you know, I see that as a possibility and that'd be great.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dougout talk to you about River Ryan and his outing this afternoon for the Dodgers' second in the Big Leagues, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his teammates the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Davidvas. Say the trade deadline's Tuesday and three pm Pacific. We're starting to see teams around the league make moves, teams of the division starting the bulst of their bullpens. The Dodgers in on any reinforcements, any trades coming LA's way. We'll talk more. Dimondvas say what he knows next, So lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Astros. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue in Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Astros from Houston River, Ryan on the Mount. First bitch in the series Frominale coming up at eleven ten. The umpire crew for today's game is brought to my Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers, I'm dead.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, It's Sunday, the trade deadlines Tuesday at three pm. It's a good time for a little powwow here to get some information from you. As far as what you're hearing that the trade deadline coming up. We're seeing the teams like Padres Bolton in a bullpen. We're seeing teams in the American League starting to ramp up and get ready for the postseason, adding to the depth of third teams. What are the Dodgers pursuing? What are you hearing as far as activity right now with the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Well, there are a lot of different directions. The Dodgers can still go in to try the will acquire talent to help them for the stretch run. My understanding, starting with relief pitching. Tanner Scott of the Marlins a highly coveted closer, and the Marlins are trying to take advantage of that. My understanding, teams that have been calling on Tanner Scott, are being asked for some of their top two prospects. I know the Red Sox have checked in. I know the Diamondbacks had talked to them about Tanner Scott before they made a deal for Aj Puck, and that's part of the reason why the Phillies pivoted to Carlos Estevez of the Angels. So right now the asking price is extremely high for Tanner Scott. Now, the White Sox are still a very interesting team. They have not made any trades, and they were supposed to be the team that was going to sell off a lot of their pieces. So there are players the Dodgers still have interest in from the White Sox. Michael Kopek, their closer right now, is on their radar. Also, oh, I would not close the door on Garrett Crochet, although I'm hearing the likelihood of Crochet being traded is very slim at this point in time. Tommy fam and Luis Robert also still with the White Sox, and the Dodgers have interest in adding to their outfield.
Speaker 5: Also, Isaac Parades.
Speaker 9: We heard this morning from Bob Nightingale that there is a quote bitting war between the Yankees Dodgers and Padres. My sources tell me Tim that that is not a way to classify what's going on. As far as ISAAC Parades, the Rays do not need to trade him right now.
Speaker 5: He's still cost effective.
Speaker 9: For them, So unless one of these teams, including the Dodgers, overwhelmed them for Isaac Parades, he is not going to be moved. But Jack Flaherty, also from the Tigers out of Harvard Westlake, still on the Dodgers' radars. So those are the names that the Dodgers are discussing considering names are already off the board, obviously with a lot of trades so far. But if you're a Dodger fan, I would not lose out hope that there are not players out there that can help the Dodgers. They certainly are still out there, and the Dodgers have until three o'clock on Tuesday to pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Tavid is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with a Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid or the all electric tough This mark can only be called F one fifty. I think it's worth repeating day for the Dodger fans out there that it's a seller's market right now. There are more teams still alive going into this trade deadline and an opportunity maybe to help bulst of their teams for a playoff push. You look at the trade the Padres made today getting Jason Adam from the Tampa Bay Race. The Padres gave up three their top twelve prospects in their minor league system. The Angels yesterday got rid of their reliever and they acquired two of the top pitching prospects from the Philadelphia Phillies. So teams are giving up a lot right now.
Speaker 9: To add it the deadline, and also when you talk about Jerry Depoto giving up the as much as he did for India Rose Arena and aj Preller doing what he did that you mentioned with the Race, those are two gms that are on the hot seat, which compound kind of the desperation and the overpaying, if you will, for prospects. That's something else Andrew Friedman is dealing with because there are other gms that are trying to save their jobs and don't really value keeping the prospects as much as say gms that are pretty secure in their job right now. But yeah, It's definitely a weird dynamic because of the extra wildcard team. Also, Tim, I wouldn't discount a trade between the Dodgers and Angels. I know everybody's wondering about Blake Snell. I don't see the Giants trading him to the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: We talked about this a few different times.
Speaker 9: There have only been three trades between the Dodgers and Giants since they moved to California, and none of them were impact trades. If Blake Snell is getting traded, he's getting traded to the East Coast, whether it's the Yankees, the Red Sox, or the Orioles.
Speaker 5: And I just don't see that happening.
Speaker 9: But as far as the Angels go, they have two players that could help the Dodgers, Taylor Ward and Louis Renhifo. And my understanding is that Ardi Moreno and the Angels would not would not disqualify the Dodgers from being a trade partner.
Speaker 2: Interesting we'll find out. It's gonna be a fun forty eight hours. DV appreciate it. Dodger fans and Hansher listening to the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening an HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angeline knows Lacare dot Org. Coming up, we'll hear from Cavin Bigio. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next here Dodgers Magical Moment on this Sunday leading up to Dodgers and Astros. I'm Tim Kateson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astros from Mini Made part our series finale. Coming up, Dodgers trying to get a win that head to San Diego for a huge two games SEPA geting on Tuesday, River Ryan Spencer Righetti. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for eleven ten.
Speaker 5: Who wants a.
Speaker 1: Hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to Halloween Night, twenty seventeen, Game six of the twenty seventeen World Series at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers taken on the cheating Astros. The Astros would take a cheating one nothing lead in the top half of the third inning. At the bottom of the sixth inning, Chris Taylor tied the game with an RBI double when Corey Seger had a sack fly to give the Dodgers a two to one lead. In the bottom of the seventh, a huge insurance run from Jock Peterson, so it's.
Speaker 5: Two to one, Dodgers one out. Nobody on bottom of the seventh must grove into the wine. Here's a pitch Peters, who had to fly ball the left well, hit back the wall, Gonzale slips it, go out.
Speaker 1: Peterson delivers again.
Speaker 5: What a world.
Speaker 6: Series for Jock Peterson, jumping for joy, rounding third, heading home, the Dodgers leave three to one.
Speaker 2: Jock Peterson with the solo home run in the bottom of the seventh inning. Kenley Jansen would pitch two scoreless innings in relief for this save, as the Dodgers beat the cheating Astros three to one to force a winner take all Game seven the next day. This magical moment brought to you by Hoffy hot Dogs, a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Vis at hopeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffy hot Dogs coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in again with Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Astros on Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 1: Is, Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astro's final game of this three games sent from mint a mid Parker River Ryan on the Mount. First Bitch coming up at eleven ten. Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial Lane is available for you and to help with the tuition books sometimes even the rent. It's tied to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying. Here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Hey, good news, Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: This will be the last day you have to see that photo of Nolan Ryan's no hitter in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: You're gonna bring that up again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, thanks Hey, Ricky.
Speaker 4: By the way, go follow Asleep on the plane all the way to San Diego tonight later.
Speaker 5: All right, I have to keep my head on the swivel.
Speaker 4: Now, just giving a fair warning.
Speaker 9: Rick, the Dodgers scored six runs with a that you would not expect to score six runs.
Speaker 5: And that's what makes baseball special.
Speaker 4: Well it is. And you know the Dodgers jumped off to that big lead to begin with. I mean, you lead five to nothing and then all of a sudden, you know, the wheels fall off the buggy. Four runs coming across in the sixth inning for the Astros, and then the two runs in the eighth, and then the walk off home run in the night, don't it. But you know, if you look, I mean the Dodgers right now are challenged with guys that are out. We mentioned this yesterday. Who you look at, Mookie Bans, You got Max Munsey, Miguel Rojas, Chris Taylor, Freddie Freeman's on the family emergency leave. So you know those there's some pretty good bats of some pretty good players right there, either in a starting role or a supportive role. What is a little strange is that you look now at this lineup, because I remember what Dave Roberts said to me getting off the elevator Friday night. He goes, hey, you know who may be batting third or fourth for us over the next two days. And I said, well, Gavin Lux And he looked at me and he says, yes. He said, he's one of the hottest hitters, along with another guy who's going to be in the lineup today, that being Austin Barnes. Barnes has been hot at home plate as well. But this ball club at times gets, at least to my estimation, a little too passive, maybe with the hitting in particular. You look at Kamabigio who hit the home run, and I have blogged that because it looked like a different Vigio yesterday, and I mentioned that because it was a two strike home run. And I mentioned a two strike home run because if you look at Vigio the last couple of years of his strikeouts, fifty three percent of those are called strikeouts. So it tells me that A does not know the strike zone as well as he needs to do, or B he has been a little bit too passive. I know the Dodgers who talking to him say, looks swing the bat in particular with the which two strikes it was nice to see him not only hit the home run, but his dad was here at attendance. Who he works for the Astros understand it, but he gave that dad smile approval of what his son was able to do.
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 9: Hopefully Craig Vigio got in cavn Zer a little bit there to be more aggressive, which you know, we talk about Freddy Freeman when he has two strikes on him, Rick, it doesn't feel like he's in that big of a hole. But for certain hitters, you get deeper in the count, the chances of getting a hit are not as likely.
Speaker 4: No, guys that make good contact feel a little bit more comfortable than the rest of his human beings that with two strikes to go, oh, I only have one more, you know, miss swinging to miss. Here's another thing to keep in mind with the Dodger ball club and number one I found yesterday morning and just kind of researching the ball game. You know, the Dodgers have the highest batting average team batting average in the National League when they put the first pitch into play. I'm gonna talk about swinging it everything, but to talk about being selected and hitting the first pitch is thrown in any event that you have. This number will shock you. They've hit three seventy eight this year. When they hit, the first pitch has thrown to them. The thinking is, if you're a pitcher, what do they tell you is the best pitch you can throws? Not a curveball, fastball, change up, first pitch strike is the best pitch that you can make. So if you're basically going to home plate and looking at that, I know there's a lot of different theories. You look at nomar Garcia parn he made a wonderful career in being selective in not necessarily swinging at the first pitch all the time. There's been other guys that have also said, hey, look I want to see that first pitch. I don't swing at the first pitch until maybe later on in the game when the game's on the line, and maybe a guy will said, well he takes the first pitch, huh huh, not the seventh, eighth, and ninth. An that's when you go up there and you have an idea of what you're doing.
Speaker 9: You got to be ready to hit, and the Dodgers hopefully are ready today. Rick thanks a lot for the time and I'll stay awake on the flight.
Speaker 5: Do you better, fell We'll send it back you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 2: Keep both eyes open. DV Dodgers Baseball's brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Speedy Cash dot Com or stopping in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Tim Nefert right before first pitch and get you the keys to the game.
Speaker 1: What up next?
Speaker 2: We go high and tight with Cavin Bean's show Dodgers Astros. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Damn, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers En Astros, River, Ryan Spencer, Areghetty the pitching Mattchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers for both these young pitchers coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital La Ranke number one in California for pediatric care, find the right doctor at.
Speaker 1: C h L A or and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player. It's an engagement of endearment this high and tight.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers wrapping up their series deep in the heart of Texas here in Houston, and I'm joined right now by Dodger first baseman these days, Calvin Bigio. Thanks a lot for the time, first time on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for having me excited about it.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to make a good first impression. I'm all tongue tied, all nervous with you.
Speaker 3: No reason to be nervous, no reason.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is a place, minute made, park you grew up in. Literally, what's it like to come back and wearing a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 11: Whenever I come back here to Houston, it's always special, you know, takeout playing in this ballpark that I spent so much time in and my dad played here for twenty years. It's always nice to see friends and family, and it's always a good environment playing here, you know. Wearing Dodgers Dodger uniform now, I know there's a lot of history between the two clubs, just makes it that more much more exciting.
Speaker 9: You've seen a lot of games played in the stadium. I've heard hitters maybe get a little over zealous with the Crawford boxes and short porch down the right field line. What is the key as far as hitting here and how to be successful here?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's it's no different than any other ballpark.
Speaker 3: Just not trying to do too much. Number one.
Speaker 11: They have a lot of good arms here, So with that being said, just you know, stick with your approach and they make a mistake, you know, hammer and be on it. It can get loud here too, yes, it can, and it's always always exciting to play here.
Speaker 8: They have.
Speaker 11: You know, I think Houston has really good fans in all sports. I'm a Texan and Rockets fan as well, so so yeah, I always felt like Houston always had a good fan base for all sports.
Speaker 9: You could bring out your Texans jersey these days because they're good again.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, finally, Yeah, CJ.
Speaker 11: Stroud got a lot of weapons there and you know, got a good head coach there as well. So I'm excited for this year see what they bring.
Speaker 9: You know, you just tipped your hands for your teammates. If you're playing fantasy football with them. We all know you're gonna go the tech route.
Speaker 11: No fantasy football, strictly business.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: Playing in the league with the Blue Jays past two years, I led the league in scoring, so h plan on doing that again.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud was my quarterback last year.
Speaker 11: Picked him up off the waivers actually, so he's probably gonna be a first rounder this year.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 9: Do you have a sleeper pick for us to share with everybody as we get closer?
Speaker 11: University Texas wide receiver just signed with the Chiefs. Okay, so I'm thinking little Tyreek Hill type player, Xavier Worthy, it's his name. Fastest guy in the draft, really good receivers, so should be fun to watch him pair up with Mahome.
Speaker 3: So maybe a sleeper or we might go early early in the draft.
Speaker 9: So we'll see, all right, Kevin Bishio giving you some fantasy football tips as we talk baseball here before the final game of this series here in Houston, and there's Blake Trenton who's making sure the mic works. Kevin, first base, You've obvious been a versatile player your entire career. This is extenuating circumstances obviously, what's it like to play first base. It seems like people take that position for granted.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I started playing first base in the minor leagues, and the first thing that I noticed it's as easy as you want it to be. You know, if you don't work at it and you don't try to be a good first basement, then it's going to be really hard if things are going to speed up on you and balls are gonna run and you're not going to be in the right position.
Speaker 3: So I think it's just overall not trying to do too much. Your job is to catch the ball, but also.
Speaker 11: You know, being prepared and being familiar of you know, catching throws I think is the biggest thing, and staying through picks and whatnot. So I think it's just being prepared and just not allowing the game to speed up on either.
Speaker 9: I love talking baseball with you because you see it in such a broad sense. You're not just consumed with yourself. It feels like you see the field in a different way.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when you play a lot of positions, you learn how to see the game from different perspectives.
Speaker 3: And and kind of find.
Speaker 11: Different ways to be efficient at that position or whatnot. Don't try and be you know, the best possible first basement ever, the best outfielder ever, best there is, just be who you are put in the work and just you know, catch the ball and throw it and that's just kind of the biggest thing.
Speaker 9: Awesome, Thanks Kevin, Thanks a lot for the time. Thanks for not big timing me here in Houston, your hometown.
Speaker 3: Yeah the other video does that here? Not me?
Speaker 9: Okay, well all right, there he goes Calvin Bigio. He receives a gift card to Travis S.
Speaker 5: Matthew. Travis S.
Speaker 9: Matthew is focused on versatility. Like Cavin, Travis S. Matthew creates products that are crafted to make you look and feel your best. Shop the latest looks at Travismatthew dot com. Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV.
Speaker 2: Gritton to get to meet Calvin Bigio a little bit better there. Appreciate that. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shanky's dot Com. Leading you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Astros, final game of this three game set. Dodgers try to get a win before they continue this road trip in San Diego on Tuesday. Will dive deeper into the pitching matchup when we come back of Tim Kasis Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Note this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astros final game of this three games set. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: Hit a by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See or Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy. Spencer Aghetti on the mound for the Astros, twenty four year old rookie right hander, sixth round pick of the Astros in twenty twenty one at the University of Louisiana Lafayette, relies heavily on three pitches, forcing fastball, his cutter, and his curveball, making his nineteen start here in his first year in the big leagues in the month of July eight oh to two at the five fifty seven e RRA in four starts last time out, six innings, four runs, seven hits, three strikeouts, and a loss to the Oakland A's. On this season, he is four and eight with a five sixty five e R Ray River Ryan on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty five year old rookie right hander making his second start here in the big leagues. In his major league debut, five and third innings, one run, four hits, two strikeouts in a no decision against the Giants. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Eto, ns Oil, Judgapan's number one Green Tea and the tea that show aotany loves and drinks available at your local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com. That's I t O e N dot Com. Lead me up to Dodgers and Ashros. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere as we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers base.
Speaker 2: Ball, Dodgers and Astros. River, Ryan spencergetti to pitching matchup. Dodger fans enhance that listening experience to Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio after mobile device and listen to Dodger games and HD. It's all power by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos, Lakre dot Org. All right, let's head back out to minute made Part two. Guys on the call, Rick Monday, Tim Never guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, Thanks again River. Ryan gets to go for the second time as a big leaguer. The former infielder with the Padres organization converted full time to pitching. His start on the twenty second against the Giants, got a no decision, but he didn't give up any runs.
Speaker 4: No, didn't give up any only four hints in those five and a third innings. And for Ryan, he's going to challenge a lot of guys with that strength zone. Speaking of strength zone mentioned earlier, Spencer and Eric getting with the Dodgers who are going to be facing he wants you to expand that strength zone. He worked the fast bowl away. About half of his fastballs had been away from hitter so far this season. The last hit that he's allowed on the slider to go back to the twenty sixth of June. Pretty good curve ball to go with it, as well.
Speaker 7: Day off tomorrow for the Dodgers, but they have announced that Tyler Glasnow will pitch Tuesday in San Diego. Clayton Kershaw will have the ball on Wednesday, Dodgers and the Astros Game three of this three game set coming up from Houston, Tim all Right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers will ahead to San Diego after the game. Dodgers with a day off tomorrow before regrouping Tuesday night at Petco Park. Dodgers going into play today sixty two to forty four, Padres five and a half games back behind them in the Division. They've won seven in a row. Diamondbacks they're right behind them, six and a half games back of the Dodgers. They have won seven of their last ten Gins ten and a half games back, Rockies twenty four games back. But if an eye on the Padres that are starting to get closer and closer to the Dodgers in the Division. Dodgers looking to get to win in Houston and get to San Diego for a big two game series beginning on Tuesday. Up next first pitch for a Minute Made Park Dodgers astros Tim Kates has been Roco Casino Dodgers on deck in a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network