Speaker 1: Uh, he's on the Lunai again this week, and I'm sure that he's quite pleased with the fact that the Wi FI is actually working out on the Lunai.
Speaker 2: So we bring in Tyler, Sir.
Speaker 1: We we are discussing, and I figured that you may you might have an opinion or two about what happened last night in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Pars.
Speaker 1: Pars is asking as someone who is starting to follow the us M and T or people overreacting. Uh, the answer would be, it's a day that ends, and why involved in sport?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: But yeah, literally, after what happened last night, the reaction literally you do the US M and T hashtag, it is off the rails, off the scale, and uh, we all need to kind of come back here. It's like, come on back, it's okay, it's okay, it's it's okay. Doors open, you can go ahead, you don't have to knock and come on in. It's okay, everything's fine.
Speaker 3: Uh, pars I will say, I mean, yes, everybody's overreacting. I think everybody has a right to be frustrated, for sure. I mean these have been poor performances as a whole. But the really cool thing about international soccer is that everybody tends to try to look at it in a club lens, and it doesn't work that way when you look at international soccer, you know, country soccer in a club lens, you think that you have to look at it, you know, with this fine tooth comb, and you know, the little tweaks and tactical changes and the players that get called in and out of camp, and the drama surrounding it and all that other stuff. At a club level, that stuff is emphasized way more. But on a country level, in my opinion, you you see these things happen and by the next cycle it's going to be done. News now it'll get brought up for sure, right like nobody's forgetting about it. But it's not like, you know, you have a game week after week after week and things just kind of pile on and pile on. There's really never any room for it to go away. In the sense of the US. I mean, what happens in the World Cup a year from now could be massively different than what's going on right now now. I don't think that's like a glass half full look necessarily. I just think it's that the entire system and the amount of talent and players that the US has and most countries have can change a lot in a full calendar year. So I mean they need work. I'm not even going to sit here and try to, you know, blow smoke like one hundred percent, Like these are not great performances at all, Like that was terrible last night, but it's not all doom and gloom and like the world's not lost. And if you know anything about Maricio Pochettino, when he comes into anywhere anywhere that he's been, he takes a minute to get going in general, and you just kind of have to hope that trusting the process is what has to happen here, because he's the guy. Unless he decides to randomly pull you know, cut bait and go somewhere else, which I very seriously doubt he would become the most hated person in US soccer if he did that. He's the guy, and so I think he knows the game, he knows how to motivate players, and I genuinely think by next year the US will be in a better position than they are now.
Speaker 1: Well, and I went over the lineup last night, and I've maintained that this is you're looking at possibly slots seven through eleven. If you're looking at a ranking system, what have you seven through eleven maybe, and then twelve through twenty six or twelve through twenty eight or twelve through thirty. You're trying to figure out, Okay, when I need somebody in an international situation, who can I dial up and count on and sit the end?
Speaker 2: Be comfortable with that choice.
Speaker 1: It's not you know, these individuals that I'm trotting out here, they're gonna be starting. They're gonna be starting every day. You know, Damn the torpedoes. I don't care who isn't here. This is my starting lineup. That's not what we're looking at here. I know that the Gold Cup you will have amplified importance about that starting lineup. But in these two friendlies, yes, the world fell down, but this is not going to be the starting eleven that you're trotting out unless you have ninety five players injured. And I'm being somewhat facetious in that this is not your starting eleven of your starting elevens. This is not your A this is not your A plus group. This is not that record that is registering a ninety two on the scale. This is like the seventy five that you're trying to figure out. Okay, do I like the rhythm here?
Speaker 2: Okay? I like that baseline up? You know, I want to find figure out do I like this band?
Speaker 1: This is this is a different layout from what you would anticipate because of the names that are not here. You're trying to figure out if the dudes that I've called in can be the dudes to help out the dudes that I want from my class A lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean in a lot of ways, this is still a set of tryouts for Pochettino's team. And I see Wiley Cowdi's like, yeah, that's the thing. Then this is where I struggle. It doesn't help build the hype around next year. I mean, you look at I'm not trying to like transition this to something else, but like you have the Club World Cup starting in a couple of days, and you know, we see the ticket prices and we see all the people talking about like the lack of hype and everything else. You look at the stadium last night, But at the end of the day, like these these games they were glorified friendlies, and I think you get to the gold Cup and then you start really asking questions. But I think for Pochettino, this is a matter of, like we I really want to know who, specifically, who I'm calling to the World Cup in a year, and I need to know without a shadow of it, doubt that selection of guys is going to be the ones that I know I can do something with. And if look if Diego Luna, if I pull him in he still continues to ball out, then maybe he deserves a shot, you know. Like and I think you've seen some guys maybe they're just not ready for the occasion and that's unfortunate. But uh, you know, when you represent your country, it's all about those big moments and it's all about trying to make something happen when maybe the deck is stacked against you. And last night, like that was a that was a tough performance. It was it was awful. Ye. So I mean I think when you when you look at it from a coaching perspective and taking away all the other drama that happened, you know, with polistic and all that, which I'm sure y'all talked about at some point.
Speaker 2: So right to a larger point, and that'll be what we talk about next.
Speaker 3: But you know, you take away all that and it's just Poachatino's coming in. He has a mandate, he has a job that he's trying to do. And he he said, you know, like, I'm not going to stick with the same guys that have been kind of floating around and locked in for the past, you know, X number of years, like, and you can't do that in one game. You can't do that in one cycle. You can't do that in two cycles. Like. It takes time to really figure out what you're working with. And I agree with what he did and what he said he was going to do with, you know, bringing in guys that are actually playing minutes for their club teams and not just random guys that are in Europe maybe on the bench all the time. Like it makes sense to me now, you know, Now you've got to see who who the hype was really there for and who it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there's one position between the sticks where somebody really needs some playing time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot, a lot, and and you know apparently that's maybe gonna change soon.
Speaker 1: Well I'm I mean, I mean, is the check on a clear Yeah it is asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a random money being pulled out of couch cushion somewhere. I feel like it's it's kind of like that thing where you you went out and bought the you know, one hundred inch TV and you put it on the credit card and then all of a sudden, like oh, the debt man comes calling and then you're like scrambling to let me go get like a fifty inch TV, but I've got to pay for it in cash. And that's what's happening with said ownership group.
Speaker 1: Ah mean, it's yeah, so you get a FIFA judgment. We talked about that last week where FIFA judgment three plus interest and then eighteen plus interest in various sections of a year's worth of interest. And then yesterday it comes across that Matt Turner might be moving from.
Speaker 2: One club to another, and the club.
Speaker 1: But the club of the first part is it's like, yeah, eight million euro Okay, Well is this like are you are you are you to the point where you're serving number two right now? Or are you still serving number one? And number two is trying to cut in line because it's less money.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: You know, it's one of those things that you're they're kind of staring at right now. And for those that might have missed it, Matt Turner is allegedly possibly maybe moving from Nottingham Forest to Leon for eight million euro And then for those that Della Della is not dellas maybe not necessarily wrong, Leon is not answering the phone.
Speaker 2: Uh but Leon.
Speaker 1: It was judged and adjudicated by FIFA that they apparently oh Atlanti United over the transaction of an individual who scored for his club last night when they were down a man to equalize in a very important match for the rest of conno ball, not necessarily for themselves except just to get a result. That a particular Eagle Football Holdings allegedly.
Speaker 2: Owes Atlanta United up of twenty one million.
Speaker 1: Dollars plus interest over the transaction of that individual who scored last night for his ten man team in Argentina. So yeah, we'll take care of this one because it's got less money. It's like, oh, look, sofa pizza and a couple of nicols.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: So we'll figure it out with that. So that's the Matt Turner situation. Matt Freeze might have pushed himself a little further up the line. Zach Stephen is out with an injury and he's getting treated for a surgery with his knee, and I think he's slated to be out four to six weeks for the Rapids, and that's never good news out with the Rabbid Prairie Dogs and the rest of their season. So the keeper situation for the USM and T is one where you're scratching your head, but you need reps. And I know that we could probably talk to Brad Gazan about needing reps when it comes to being a national team keeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm trying to look at kind of like what he's looked at lately. But I think you know, you're one of your next guys that you've got to look at would be now Again, it's a year from now. Sticking to what we were saying earlier, but you got to look at Ethan Worvath. I mean, is Ethan getting minutes?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is. He last played May third for Norwich. Or he gets I'm sorry, I get Sworg. Yeah, he's getting ninety minutes fairly consistently.
Speaker 2: It looks like checking.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing though, I mean, at the end of the day. That's the most important thing for a keeper is you've got to be getting minutes. And like, you know, we we have that conversation about Atlanta and not at all the time, maybe not so much this year, but I still have PTSD from it a couple of years ago when Brad got injured and then you went through eight hundred and fifty seven different goalkeepers over the course of a year, and it's like, you know, you need minutes, like Josh Cohen right now. You know, last year, we'll use that as example. He got put in obviously for the Open Cup. There was that moment Brad got a red card, had to miss a game. He got put in for that one, and he wasn't the best, but his talent's there. You can't expect a guy to just step onto the field like that and just perform, you know, amazingly, essentially coming in cold. So that, honestly is one of my biggest concerns going into next year, is because I feel like since and I don't remember the game or set of games, and honestly, I think really it was after the last World Cup, Matt Turner has not been that guy that he was to the same degree. So You've got to get that figured out because you need somebody. I mean, this is not gonna be what was it, twenty.
Speaker 1: Ten, it's gonna say you work in math back I am working math backwards fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with Tim Howard. I mean, you hope you have kind of like those kind of performances, but like you need somebody that is playing confident. And I don't know that any of the goalkeepers right now. Zack Stefan maybe to a degree obvious until he got injured, but I just don't know that it even playing very confident right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and the biggest thing about Zach Stephan is trying to develop working the ball with his feet. Yes they're not necessarily distribution with the hands and saving ability, but it's that one the third element working the working the ball with your feet and trying trolling it and you know, work it to the edges. Dell wondering if they played Matt Turner, trying to give him a platform to finalize a deal, and I don't think so. I think it was, Uh, you're you're thinking about things in that prism, Dell of Okay, I got to focus on what's going on in front of me.
Speaker 2: And if it ends up being a.
Speaker 1: Collateral element of it where oh he played well, and then you know, if you know Nottingham Forest and Egle Football Holdings and sit there and go ooh, look, you know we're we're we're selling, We're we're moving on a player who did really well for his national team. Or Leona would be like, oh, we're getting a guy who played really well for his national team. And now they're like, oh, oh, okay, so that happened in Nashville, so you have I don't know if I don't think that they were playing him just to try to finalize a deal. I think it was honestly, you're trying to get the man reps to see if he wants to take that number one mantle and be the guy Capital T Capital G. But last night did not help matters when it came to that. So you know, then you end up we talked about keeper and then you've got striker where obviously you know, front row a lot of the big guns. And this is why I said you're looking at seven through twenty six or twelve through twenty six as opposed to one through eleven because of who wasn't there everybody on the front row. You're looking for a second, you're looking for another guy. You know who the guys are going to be, Capital T, Capital G. But you're looking for other guys and you're waiting for somebody else to sit there and once again grab that mantle and you know, grab the reins and sit there and go yep, I'm in. And they've put a big pat out there for a match and a half and you know, I think it's still a work in progress with Patrick Agemok, but you understand the why where that was concerned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally understand the why, and I think it's just it's so frustrating from a fan perspective that nobody will I mean this has been for years. Nobody will just take that that number nine spot and just grab it and make it their own. Yeah, because you've had you know, this kind of like rotating group over the past really what six years, seven years, I mean it's it's been a while and you've had some good performances, but you haven't had that guy that just you know, just like you do in club football, that when he's up there, there's danger at every single moment, at any minute, he could he could make something happen out of nothing. It just hasn't been that. I mean, and I think I think trying to roll out.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a heavy sigh, Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: That's is how phil about this team right now? I think Ajumong is the one that you had to go with because he's been in form probably you're one of your your better us MNT players that have been called up in the past couple of cycles, just consistent. And then he's actually, you know, he's been doing well with Charlotte. Obviously Diego Luna is not playing as a nine, but I think he's he's obviously done well for himself. Then you go and you look back at the kind of the rest of that striker pool, and it's like, besides moments of brilliance, who is stepping up and really saying like I deserve a spot in one year when we play UH in our home country in the World Cup. I don't know that you've got anybody that you could just say we're sure is locked in.
Speaker 1: Three saves from Matt Turner, two saves from inside the box, thirty nine touches twenty three to thirty three, passing at seventy percent four of fourteen on long balls and a bunch of zeros across the board in other categories. Punches, high claims, key passes, crosses, clearances, blocks, all the defensive categories. So it's it's a lot of zeros from Matt Turner, who punched a six point two. According to our friends at SOFA score, everybody who's in the starting eleven. By the way, last night for the US punched a six plus. They were between six to zero and six six, I think was the highest rate.
Speaker 3: Fascinating to me. I have it pulled up on fot mob and it's a totally different ratings.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what was fot mob's ratings.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt got it. Now, of course it's still out of ten, but Matt got an even five understood honestly. The only person that broke all the subs, all the subs that came in so Tolkien, Reem Maleak Tillman, Diegluna, Pat and Damien Downs all hit sixes are above, which is good. The only one that hit above a seven was Malik Tilman. Yeah, Brian White with a five to six, uh Cardosa with a five to one, Burholter with a five to one, but the lowest by far, was, in fact Matt Turner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a surprise.
Speaker 1: Then Ropes mentions what TT put out on the two hundred and eighty character app mentioning the Gold Cup roster back in twenty one, where it was Turner, Reggie Cannon, James Sands, Miles, George Bellow on the left hand side, Eric Williamson, Kellen Acosta, Sebastian Legit, Paul Ariola Josse's artist, and Matthew Hoppy and so zero buzz around anything hosting the World Cup in a year and in the fan base, player pull, coaches and federation zero buzz. Well, I mean they are arguing, they are getting discussed, but it to no no, And this was in right now you're going into the Gold Cup, and I will be intrigued how Mercia Pochatino responds in a Gold Cup setting. So this literally folks talking about what was going on. Yes, there are things that you can refer to, but those were friendlies leading into the Gold Cup. And now you've sit there and you look at the Gold Cup, that's the next marker on the board. How do they respond from what happened in these two friendlies to what's happening, what's anticipated in the Gold Cup, then I think that you have better markers. But once again, you're still building toward a year from now. Much like the National Training Center, you are building to a year from now, and you want everything to be unveiled and you want it to be just right. Where you're eleven is your eleven. Your studs are your studs. You know who's coming in, and that's that's where we are. And so the fact that folks mentioned four years ago, that's cool and everything. And I know that you want to sit there and compare coaches and you want to ish on coaches, which is I think kind of in a backhanded way with that pictogram was all about on the two hundred and eighty character APT but that's just me.
Speaker 2: Social media used to ish on people. Gee, that never happens.
Speaker 3: I know, it's like wild, This is like unheard of. I think Pochettino again, I mean, y'all know my feelings. I love Marisa Pochatino. Been kind of going back to what I said earlier. Club and country football are two different beasts. And my only concern is simply that for everything I said about how things can change a lot between cycles and obviously a full calendar year. It's to me, it seems clear that Pochaettino's trying to kind of force implement the style that he wants this team to play no matter who he calls up. And I don't I mean, you can't look last night and say that there was a semblance of an identity. I think it was pretty rough.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: The biggest gamble roll of the dice that he's dealing with right now is can he get that group and what of a group he happens to bring in, you know, for the for the big showdown in a year. Can he get his style implemented between now and then?
Speaker 1: And there aren't a whole lot of tournament opportunity exactly, And that's the hook here. So your Gold Cup roster for just so we know, going in Matt Turner, and this is numerically, This is not but with any kind of favoritism whatsoever. This is numerically according to our friends at conkor CAP, Matt Turner, John Tolkien, Chris Richards, Tyler Adams, who had an auchi and we don't know the extent of it. And that's why he didn't play last night. Better to be safe leading into the Gold Cup than not, Walker Zimmerman, Jack McGlenn, Quinn Sullivan, Sebastian Burhalter, Damien Downs, Diego, Luna Brendan Aaronson, Miles Robinson, Tom Reem, Looka Delatore, Johnny Alex Freeman, Malick Tillman, Max Arston, Hodgie Wright, Nathan Harriel, Paxton, Aaronson, Mart McKenzie, Brian White, Patrick Adjamong, Matt Frees and Chris Brady. So pretty much the same group that you had in those two friendlies is rolling over to the Gold Cup and we will see, we will see what continuity can do in the learning process with Marcio Pochettino leading this group into the Gold Cup. So that that's your that's your that's your that's your lineup and your folks. One through is legitimately one through twenty six. Is is every number one, two, three, four fought that that that I think so, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it is sequentially. So those are the twenty six dudes. They didn't skip a number, That's what I was checking to see if they they skipped a number. But that's your that's your twenty six going into the Gold Cup, and that is going to be starting at post haste. I Glenn Crooks is coming up in our number two and I asked him, I said I. I said, Glenn, do we know why there's a match on a Thursday in the Bronx And he didn't know if there was why there was a match at Thursday in the Bronx unless you wanted to be just the big dog and be the only show in town across an entire league, as everybody comes back to playing if you're unless you're in like the Club World Cup or something where you're almost everybody is playing.
Speaker 2: But there's a match Thursday in.
Speaker 1: The Bronx and no one from NYC who is out on international duty is going to be playing. So it looks like it's going to be Tomas Romero in net for for NYC, and you will also you will not have other folks up top, which means that Bakrar is going to be starting in your attack. But once again, at the U twelve pitch in the Bronx, anything as possible. So with the races against time for the twelve to fourteen Atlanta United folks coming back to this particular part of the planet, what kind of a man you anticipated?
Speaker 3: An absolute cluster I mean, it's so hard to play with any sort of true identity. It's it's hard for New York City, if we're being honest, to play with an identity on a baseball field. But they make it work because that's their home field and they develop a style that fits playing in such a small, confined space. Man, you're gonna have at least some of your quick guys. From an Atlanta perspective, it's gonna be ugly football. I think you just kind of have to like own that and say, hey, we're gonna go it's it's gonna be ugly. It's gonna be wild. The defenders you need to be to be on the entire time. Yeah, I mean you've got to be switched on and be precise, be aggressive, and I think you have to go into it with that mindset that it doesn't matter what the other side of the pitch does. We're coming out here with a clean sheet, you know. I know, if we can, if we can snag your goal or two or whatever, and in Atlanta's done it on the baseball fields before then, I think you you have a chance here. I think, and obviously not all of them are going to be here, but We talked last week about like what this international break would do for Atlantian and out of players, and we kind of kind of touched on our show and on the website, but essentially, like most of the Alantian out of players, first team, second team, academy, all of them had pretty good international windows so far, so you kind of hope that they're coming back with a little bit of like renewed vigor. And you can then look at the guys that have been here the whole time, and Daila has you know, kind of tweaked things, fine tuned things a little bit, and they they come out and they look also at the fact that this is the beginning of the second half of the season, and they say, hey, wipe the slate clean, let's go up to New York. Let's start this second half of the season off right. Forget what happened the first time around. And the season's not over yet. But no matter what, it's going to be ugly. It's you're playing on tiny pitch, not often that you can play you know, beautiful football in such a confined space.
Speaker 1: What that's a confined space? I don't know, ask Peter Urmes how confined it is? But it is regulation. It is regulation, yes, So to recap Luisa bram Out for Puru, Miggy out for Pataguay, and the video that the Hoff and Digo Pinzone have been releasing from their their field trip down there has been nothing short of cool. Luke Brennan for the U twenties, DCQ for the U eighteens, No a Cob for the U twenties, Jay Fortune who played last night for Trinidad and Tobago in their concor CAF qualifier that they lost to one Lots a Lot for Ivory Coast.
Speaker 2: But all he had to do is play two.
Speaker 1: Friendlies as a part of the Canadian Shield sponsored by the Nationalistic Tire Company, I believe, and he scored his pen and so.
Speaker 2: All he's had to do.
Speaker 1: All he's got to do is navigate the security lines and the travel from the QEW to Pearson and Pearson flying into JFK. So you know, maybe he gets to get late check out at the hotel and kind of fly over today and meet everybody else as they fly up this afternoon. So I think that Lats a Lot might have the easiest travel plan of everybody. Saba scored for Georgia and he's coming back from Europe. Ephran Morales for Bolivia, Bart Sleish who scored for Poland, he's coming back. But yeah, there are some folks that are going to be traveling back today and are going to be traveling back today, meaning you know, more than one stop.
Speaker 2: And it's okay, great, I got to layover. This is great. So how long is a lay over? Three and a half? How great? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, I mean this is going to be adventures in travel. I mean, Rick Steves ain't got nothing on Atlanta United and the twelve to fourteen players that are trying to work their way back.
Speaker 2: To this part of the plant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a lot, and it's from everywhere. And one of the ones you mentioned Slish, I think one thing I'm really curious about with him is there was a little bit of drama with the Polish national team kind of at the end of this this window. And uh, I don't know that it's it's gonna affect him, but it clearly like the team was rather upset about some decisions, some things that were said. But I still I still feel like this was a great opportunity for a lot of these guys to build some confidence and kind of reset, and some of them are going to have to play tomorrow the ones that can, because you also have to remember, you have a lot of time after this, like this is that weird one game in the middle of you know, the ocean. Yeah, and then after that you have more time off. So if you can give me thirty, give me thirty and let's go make account. You're not having to run as much because again you're playing on a baseball field, so it's not like you're covering you know, the amount of space and everything that you would like at the bens. So these guys that can be there, that can make the team sheet, you're gonna have to rely on all of them because it is not going to be an eleven guy effort. This is gonna be you know, the full eleven guys plus the subs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean, if we workshop this through, it's probably some combination. And like I said, this is taking travel and assuming the worst case travel scenarios that it's probably something along the lines of what Pedro Ronald Derek Brooks click what Alexi. Unless Alexi went back to play in Russian national friendly is not recognized internationally, you don't have to gash, you don't know what your recovery is right now involving Tristan william Bah, it's probably Jamal.
Speaker 2: Who am I? Who am I missing? Here? What are we? What am I? As we're work shopping this? What am I missing?
Speaker 3: Let's see? I mean, you know Brooks Linnen was the odd one because he's kind of had that lingering, yeah, injury, but I think if he can play, he's gonna have to play. Let's see you said click?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was Pedro, Ronnie Derek Brooks as you're back four probably uh and I don't think you need I don't think you need five at the U twelve pitch football pitch on the Bronx.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 1: You just you need folks just kind of jammed into space. So click, I like said Alexi Jamal. Uh so that's and Brad is.
Speaker 3: A ban Brad so I can get my numbers right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Matt Brad with a back four, Matt Edwards makes it nine and then trying to figure out who races in and turns into ten and eleven?
Speaker 2: Uh up top.
Speaker 1: I guess it would be like, you know, if you sit there and you try to figure out what it's going to look like up top that might be.
Speaker 2: What you're staring at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just thinking of because, like you said, I don't know that, like like Tristan.
Speaker 2: I don't know where Tristan is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 3: Who else? Who else? Elds Man.
Speaker 2: This is tough, I know.
Speaker 1: And that's why I was trying to because and this, and this was one of the questions that a lot of folks were wondering. It's like, well, do you want to be do you? And this is one that that Garth has answered. Do you want to have a club that has all of these call ups? Or do you want to be a club that doesn't have these call ups?
Speaker 3: Will Riley?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Will Riley, I like that. There you go.
Speaker 3: I actually kind of like that. Yeah, that combination in the midfield because Will Riley's going to give you the legs and some aggression. Click's going to give you hopefully some some good through balls and stuff like that, and then you can just again just go.
Speaker 2: So it's really really hard at New York that in the Ish housing that you'll need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know Ish Houser extraordinary, absolutely true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, with that lineup.
Speaker 1: Oh oh and Eddie fast Eddie Yes, And so I think that that that might get you to what you so uh so you're looking at the Matt Jamal Musquitta click.
Speaker 2: Will Riley.
Speaker 1: Back for and Brad Yeah, so okay, and then just trying to figure out, Okay, who's flying back, who do I have and how many minutes can you give me? Yeah, and then you get two weeks off or thirteen days off, and then it's two matches in four days where you're at Columbus and at the Erector set, so.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, you know, Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: So, I mean it's as you look at the second half of the season. The one element in that it's like, Okay, we're playing on a Thursday, but we've got thirteen days to get it all figured out and squared away before we play two and four. And it just happens to be at Columbus and in Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess glass half full. Columbus is struggling right now, struggling, yes, And Miami will be in the middle of the Club World Cup.
Speaker 2: Well yeah.
Speaker 1: And then that's the other thing is that if they are in the Club World Cup and they're kind of busy. Then do you end up having to reschedule that match, Yeah, which creates scheduled compression for Messi and friends and they're over thirty legs later on in the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean, and then maybe a little bit of PTSD from the end of the season last year. I mean, I mean, yeah, I mean, it's it's definitely an interesting end to the month because we all went into this and I'm not about to like chicken and egg this scenario and they gotta go win the games. But New York City, you you, you kind of have some pieces there that you can make work. I think if you go into it with the right game plan, yeah, and the right mentality first and foremost, you have a chance. Columbus struggling, you just have to hope that like many teams, Atlanta is not there get right game yeah. And then yeah, Miami like a yeah, coin toss because either a they're going to be tired from just the NonStop Club World Cup stuff, or B it might have to get pushed back or or.
Speaker 1: You end up with the poorest defense that that literally literally the not whole gang, the not whole gang of dese. Literally, you're kind of It's like you could give up, you could give up five and and get into a five four or six five with them, or they could be mad and then they could score five and then Yeah, I mean you don't you literally do not know which Which and Friends version you're going to get from the Justice League.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean the end of the through the rest of June. It's it's an opportunity. It really is for Atlanta, and I think they have to acknowledge that and go grab it and make it happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, Club World Cup. Speaking of which are you are you? Are you looking forward to it? Are you? Are you looking at it as something else that's going to be picking up time? What do you? What do you think of the Club World Cup? I have yet to ask you this.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I mean, I am excited about it. I think you know, I kind of talked about it a little bit about it, I think last week or whatever. But I wish that it had more more vibe outside of the soccer bubble. Yeah, you know, and I know that they've been trying to promote it to a degree. I just don't know that it's getting the the eyeballs that it probably deserves and should, but it's a fun tournament, like this is an opportunity to see, Like look right now, I think we put it up on Twitter earlier, but right now you can go watch Man's for like thirty three bucks in Mercedes ben Stadium.
Speaker 2: They got the twenty percent off coupon.
Speaker 3: Finally they got something. But I think that's the thing is a little discouraging, just because you know, ticket prices dropping are a sign of maybe a lack of interest. But I think more than that, it's also like we don't want to pay that much money to go see some of these games. It's not that we don't want to go see these teams, it's just that that's a lot of money. Man, Like not everybody is you know, money bags over here. What it can go and and you know, see these teams and follow them all around to wherever they're playing at and everything else. And I can only imagine for people traveling here from outside the country, like how much money they're having to spend. So I mean, overall, I just think, like I'm excited about it, and we'll be covering it. I just wish it had a little bit more like national hype and maybe non sock streams in the US. There's only so much you can do about that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, so let's let's let's let's let's take a look at the ticket prices, shall we? Where it goes FIFA Club World Cup tickets artist and that that's what you look at when you're looking at what you're staring at here. So uh, just just for oh and hey, and promoted in the Club World Cup, in the Club World Cup, choices of matches promoted Jim Gaffigan. Everything is wonderful at Simphony Hall right there in the middle of it as a promoted element.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. Uh So let's see.
Speaker 1: So Chelsea and LAFC three o'clock on Monday afternoon. Let's just for the for the sake of argument. If you don't have anything going on, you don't and you're done watching General Hospital on Monday, get in price in the two hundred level fifty cents fifty to get in standard admission in the two hundred level for that particular matchup. No seats are available in the end zone up high in the three hundreds, you can pay, but you know, if you want to get into the three hundred level up top, you can pay anywhere from seventy three thirty five to one forty six seventy or one hundred and four dollars. If you wanted to be literally in the three hundred level right at midfield, Like right there at midfield in the three hundred level, you're paying north of one hundred bucks. But if you know where to look, you can pay fifty two forty to get into section two nineteen, or you can pay two twenty eight sixty or more if you wanted to be like a Section two twelve and be like right there at the fifty and get into the two hundred level. So that's what you're staring at with UH with the LAFC and Chelsea the hard Rock. By the way, I'll Ackley on Saturday involving Messy and Friends at eight o'clock seventy nine forty six. To get in the end zones in the three forty six's you can pay three thirty six. You can get into the corners for like seventy nine to forty so basically eighty bucks end zone in the three hundred level for ninety dollars to get into the hard rock eighty bucks in the other one if you want to get into the three hundred level and be above the club level, it's one hundred and forty three dollars. So the the the dynamic pricing, dynamic pricing, I feel like I need to go dynamic.
Speaker 3: Pricing with a little bit of music in the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dynamic pricing, pew pew. You know. So it's still kind of out there a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I will be intrigued as to what Mercedes Benz will technically what the hard rock is going to look like, and then everybody coming forward what it's going to look like on Monday with the Chelsea and LASC. I am intrigued to see what capacity is and what it looks like in that building for everybody. And apparently LAFC was mailing another hat yesterday. Yeah, we we haven't found out where that went to, right, No, we have not. No, we have not found out where that hat has getten has been mailed to. We have yet to see someone do the the head tilt up to expose their face, where in years past there's just been folks like Bob Bradley where the head has tilted down. You see the la f C, the winged beast and then you tilt up to go Bob Bradley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've yet to see who that individual is who's tilting their head up this time, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean there was everybody's like, oh, it's gonna be Ronaldo. I think Renaldo came out and said he's not.
Speaker 2: Getting all Master. I think you said he was re upping at all Master.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, maybe maybe he's pulling the long con. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: They're also going to be training down and making which is neat.
Speaker 2: Yes, are you going down for any of that? I am not.
Speaker 3: I am so so this Club World Cup, like our schedule is so wild because well we'll be doing the shows at the Signia at the hotel before each each one of the matches except for the Man City one, not doing the Man City one because.
Speaker 2: I forgot fucking night.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's but I'll actually be in Portugal. Oh yeah, so I have a work trip. I'm gonna try to go visit Benficas Stadium, maybe Sporting Stadium while I'm there.
Speaker 2: You go and you get to see them there here.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what you could do is you could find out what's going on with victor Yo koresh Yeah, and find out whether he's going on. If you go to sporting and sit there and wave your hands and go, what's the latest victory Joakrash? Is he staying or going?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll do some investigative reporting while I'm there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then then then you dial into the show where it's like two o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah circumstances, Yeah, it'll be it'll be super dark, like midnight. I'll be standing in the alley and be like, hey, guess what I just found out? All right, so hit the promo for me. What's going on?
Speaker 2: And uh what do folks need to be watching and paying attention to?
Speaker 3: So two things. Tonight at seven our normal show, except we're we're eating hot sauce.
Speaker 2: Oh who's so do you have a victim tonight?
Speaker 1: It's all of it's Oh okay, So I didn't you had someone from the outside who was hot saucing as well?
Speaker 3: No, because there's we thought about doing it like the traditional way where you have a moderator, but then we're like everybody wants to try the hot sauce, give their opinions, Like I'm taking it so seriously. That my wife, because I have to distribute some of this hot sauce out to Henry and Sydney. And she's like, I'm gonna pour it into the other containers. I don't even want you to smell it. I want whenever you tried on the show for it to be authentic. You haven't you know, tasted it yet or smelled it at all. So no, but it'll be all four of us. We're answering questions. We're gonna be covering you know, New York City and getting everything prepped for that and going over the international break and but you know, maybe some hot takes and some some hot questions and all that good stuff while eating eating six types of Atlanta Hot sauce. So that's that. That's tonight, and then tomorrow we're gonna be over at Sababa's Burgers at twenty nine twenty nine North Drupid Hills. Oh so, if if anybody's free, you want to come out, We're actually gonna be doing like a watch party. We're gonna be doing a quick show beforehand and then hanging out to They have a big one hundred inch like quad TV setup, so we'll be there kind of just hanging out. They have like Burger combos. It's a local Atlanta, a couple of brothers that that own it, and they've graciously opened their doors for us to go do a watch party there.
Speaker 2: Okay, very very cool.
Speaker 1: So it's a Sababa's for the watch party and then everybody gets to watch you tonight on sn s and sit there and completely and totally just go chase after water and milk.
Speaker 3: Yes, milk and radish. That's the other secret horsetratish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was not aware of that one. Yes, that's very cool. It's kind of the and I know, I know, you gotta go real quick. It's the you know when there's a fire, Yeah, you build a bigger fire next to it to put that fire out. The horse rad is just but it's a quicker burn, so it pulls all that other heat away and then it just disappears.
Speaker 2: I was not aware of that, okay,