Speaker 1: Let's fucking go.
Speaker 2: One good three? Yeah, jobs three, King of Queen Meryl Street, I do, and I am man, and.
Speaker 1: We are the Mac and Goo program, ready to bring you seven hours of friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Today we're bringing you some forced friendship. And that, of course, uh is the forced friendship of one Deadpool Wade Wilson and uh Logan Wolverine, and boy, I'll tell you, this is one of those movies that you know, we get screeners often, you know, we're able to see movies a few days, sometimes a week or two before the people's This is the first one in a while that I am so excited we got to see before most other people.
Speaker 1: Is this our most anticipated movie since Endgame?
Speaker 2: It might be. It might be because of all the things that go into this movie and may come out of it going forward, and just the fact that you know, the MCU really hasn't gotten back to the level that we expect from it, and I think this movie finally gets up to a tier where I don't think they've reached since Endgame. You could argue one other movie might be up there as well, by the way Home, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another big tent pole movie. I would say that since Endgame You've had two big tent pole movies, both very fan service, semi gimmicky movies. And I'm gonna tip my hand right now, Carrot sign facing this over No Way Home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree. Not that it blows that out of the water, but this is better, more satisfying for im. It's very similar though similar, similar structure, similar structure, for sure. It's just nice to go to a movie that you have been looking forward to for a couple of years and not leaving disappointed. So little peek behind the curtain here. I was very pleased and very satisfied with this movie.
Speaker 1: But also saying that I have been in my thoughts. I have popped on the Professor x helmet the past couple of days and really really thought this one out, and Okay, I needed to figure out what this movie was, what it was trying to accomplish, and it did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's get into it. Then.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about the movie or should we tiptoe around it?
Speaker 2: More? Dead Pull and Wolverine, I believe is our thirty fourth MCU movie. Now I think we're up to like ten or eleven shows, so somewhere around forty five properties overall. Of the MCU, and of course Deadpool's first venture into the MCU, as well as Wolverine's first venture into the MCU. And this is a rated R action comedy in sci fi with a run time of one hundred and twenty seven minutes, so just over two hours. It's long enough. I do think you maybe could have cut a couple things, but you also could have even expanded upon it. If this was three hours, I think they could have done even some even more cool shit. But for the most part, they stuck to a central story. Whether that story was the greatest or not, we'll talk about. And they didn't meander too far off of that path.
Speaker 1: No, it's pretty cut and dry of first act, second act, third act. Three locations pretty.
Speaker 2: Much, yeah, essentially, and of course three.
Speaker 1: Worlds we're not gonna spoil right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, one location in particular is obviously a big sandbox, the Void, and you can you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: It's a giant fucking sandbox.
Speaker 2: Kue. Currently on Rotten Tomatoes, this has eighty one percent from the critics. We won't know an audience score for a couple of days. It did open at eighty five percent, which is right in the same range as the first two Deadpool one eighty five percent from the critics, ninety percent from the audience, Deadpool two eighty four percent from the critics, eighty five percent from the audience, and on Metacritic, this is a fifty four. You that's slow, But critics they hate, They hate referencing other stuff. They hate, you know, shared universes. The critics hate fun.
Speaker 1: I think this movie has a lot working against it when it comes to, you know, a critical eye on it and also trying to really evaluate it as a movie as opposed to a spectacle, because I'm looking at it more like a spectacle. And I I hate to quote Martin Scorsese on this, but this movie truly is a great amusement park ride, and it's a wonderful roller coade. It's an experience. But yeah, when looking at it as a as a standalone movie, I can see where people might have gripes with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the story admittedly isn't great, and not even the story, the motivations for a character and then the actions of another I have questions about, and obviously the critics are going to have more questions than we do. Tate relates this to the first two movies. The first one got a sixty five of Metacritic, the second one got a sixty six, So they're essentially saying this one is a tier lower as a movie. Now maybe people would agree there because of, you know, the story, but as an event, as a spectacle, yes, this is vastly superior to the first.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to this movie for the story, for how they wrap it up, for the villain. I am going for the friendship, the camaraderie and finally getting a full movie of Deadpool and Wolverine, and in that aspect they pay it off. Yeah, if you want to look at everything else, maybe you might have issue.
Speaker 2: Many satisfied things in here, a lot of fun just we'll get to that. We'll get to the old lock to Goon in a few But they they do their jobs.
Speaker 1: This podcast might meander more than others because there are a lot of thoughts and I want to make sure that I get them all out there because and granted this movie is not three hours long like Endgame, but I think we did two and a half podcasts on that.
Speaker 2: And if you're just tuning in for a rapid reaction before you go to the movie, and you're gonna listen to the rest afterwards. I'll tell you right now. One post credit. Yes, not really meaningful going forward, but is funny for the movie.
Speaker 1: Pays off something from the movie, pays off a joke from the.
Speaker 2: Movie, but no mid credit. One post credit, yeah, dude, this movie. Speaking of this movie is written by Ryan Reynolds, whose only other writing credit was Deadpool two Upcoming Goo. He has something called boy Band he has written, which is interesting, especially considering some of the music in this movie. Also written by Rhet Reese and Paul Wernick. They are a writing team. I think or get one credit. Sou There's five writing credits on this movie, but I think because they are a writing team, they only get one, essentially paycheck, because I think you're only allowed up to four. Correct.
Speaker 1: I don't know the rules. As SAG goes, you are asking me questions. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You are a SAG member. Uh recent Warnick. Their movies uh have been pretty good for the for the most part. They did Zombieland g I Joe Retaliation, Deadpool Life, Deadpool two, Zombieland, Double Tap six, Underground, Spiderhead, and Ghosted. So they've really jumped into the Netflix world the last couple of years. Coo. This team was also the creators of I think one of the best reality television shows ever, The Joe Schmoe Show. That was a hell of I think they brought it back for Hulu or Prime or something, but the original season of The Joe Schmoe Show incredible, incredible.
Speaker 1: Joe Schmoe better than Joe Millionaire.
Speaker 2: Uh Man, Joe Millionaire is pretty fucking good too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because who would ever want to be with a fuck construction worker? A handsome construction worker.
Speaker 2: They were also the creators on the show Twisted Metal, which was on I believe Paramount last year, which was a surprisingly fun show. Upcoming for these two, they're doing the Clue remake and also the Watchdog movie. Watchdog will be based based on that video game. The third writing credit here goes the zeb Wells, who you'd really only know from Robot Chicken of course, probably brought in for some of the comedy writing, some of the comedy lines. He also did or she I don't know who that is. They did one episode of she Hulk, so there was maybe the initial Marvel tie in. Upcoming, they're doing an episode of the Marvel Zombies mini series, and also a show called Star Wars Detours. I don't is Detours gonna be like a what if type of show? Is that we know?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's just off to the side. It's not focusing on our Skywalker Ray story.
Speaker 2: It's going to be our main, our sacred timeline for lack of a better term. And then finally, this is Sean Lee's first writing credit. He's been a director for many, many years, his first writing credit on this movie. And of course these characters Goo are based on the characters created by Rob Leiffield and Fabian Nisiezza Ye and of course directed by Levy. You would know him and he kind of got his start in the Nickelodeon world. He directed episodes of Secret World of Alex Mack many from the famous Jet Jackson. He directed A Big Fat Liar, Just Married, Cheaper by the Dozen, the Unit at the Museum trilogy. I think that's really where he made his money. Date Night A Disappointment, Real Steel Underrated, also did that with Jackman yep, The Internship. He's also done eight episodes of Stranger Things. He of course directed Free Guy with Reynolds as well. As the Adam Project upcoming, he is going to be directing that Reynolds boy band movie. He's also got something called Starman on the Horizon and is also a director for one of the episodes in the final season of Stranger Things Two Things.
Speaker 1: Number one famous Jet Jackson was Disney don't say multipos serience.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So everyone at home calmed down. We have fixed it. I know that you are up in arms about that. Also, are you Shoran's big fat liar and not agent Cody Banks.
Speaker 2: No, even though I looked at im dB, I'm still not sure.
Speaker 1: Back spent thirty minutes of his prep time making sure which Frankie Munez Prodgy worked.
Speaker 2: On good synopsis for Deadpool and Wolverine. I also had to piece this synopsis together because there wasn't a particularly good one out there. Deadpool's peaceful existence comes crashing down when the Time Variance Authority aka TVA recruits him to help safeguard the multiverse in order to save his own world. Deadpool teams up with Wolverine to defeat a common enemy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I think that might be where some critics also don't love it. Where we are once again dealing with multiverse stuff. A lot of people have set sail on the verse movie going.
Speaker 2: That's fair now, as two viewers of forty five MCU properties in all of the original Marvel Studios movies, this is the other way. It's like very fulfilling and like really hits on notes that someone that didn't watch, you know, the Wolverine, it won't hit the same for them, you know. So it's it's got its pluses and minuses, you know. That's why, like so eighty one percent of the critics said, yes, good movie. I wonder if the audience score is going to be like ninety six. I think it's going to be very high.
Speaker 1: I'm curious how much of the audience is also sick. And they even make jokes about it in the movie that everybody is sick of the variants, everyone is sick of the multiverse stuff. But here we are anyways. But they also needed it to tell this story, so.
Speaker 2: Yep, very true. Gud. This movie stars, of course, Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson Slash.
Speaker 1: I'm out here. That might be something else that is working against this movie when it you know, some people who have Ryan Reynolds fatigue and when you are dealing with the Deadpool movie, Who's star is in those movies?
Speaker 2: Right, well, Ryan Reynolds. It's a good point. Yeah, really strong point there. Also, Hugh Jackman co star as Logan slash Wolverine, and I'll say this and we'll talk about it at length. He was unbelievable. Yes, it was so good. As good as Ryan Reynolds is his Deadpool and they've sort of become synonymous. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is just a different level, Like there's very few characters that have approached that level.
Speaker 1: And then also, I don't know how much control he has over this, but I thought that he was also a very good sport when it came to like the jokes not only about his character but about him in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure. And and as much as we all like Reynolds, I think there's a couple of emotional moments in this movie you're like, Wow, Hugh Jackman is a fucking amazing actor and it really showed in this movie. Emma corn is introduced here as Cassandra Nova, the villain I suppose the main villain of the movie. Uh, you have Matthew mcfaden as Mister Paradox, Marina Baker in Returns as Vanessa, Rob Delaney as Peter Leslie Uggams is blind Al, Karen Sony as Dopinder, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic teenage Warhead, Scioli Kutsana as Yukio, Stefan Kapich as Colossus, Lewis Tan as Shatterstar, Randall Reeder as Buck. That's the gentleman that wasn't allowed to speak, Uh, Tyler, that was good.
Speaker 1: Made me laugh.
Speaker 2: We had a couple of cameos that were in the the.
Speaker 1: These are the only cameos that we're gonna say right now before we get to spoilers, because these two, I believe were in two or three of the team that in a second two, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Featured prominently in the trailers. You had Aaron Stanford as Pyro and Tyler Mayne as Sabertooth, and then, of course, Gou you have Peggy the Dog as Dogpool aka Mary Puppins.
Speaker 1: So mac I ask you, is this the funniest fan service movie that we have gotten? It?
Speaker 2: Very well might be, just as a theater experience in general, It's one of the most fun times I've ever had the only thing I could come up with off the top of the dome. There might be a couple I'm not thinking of that was more fun in the moment, borat when we were fucking sixteen.
Speaker 1: So that wasn't fan services, no no, I was just.
Speaker 2: Talking in general theater experiences that tops this. But short of that, man, this is right up there. It was such a blast.
Speaker 1: Cause even if you are going into this as like a cynic being, like I don't want them just to spoon feed me all this stull these member berries, And yes, there are points in this movie where I was even like, well that's a bit much. But it's twenty five years of not only movies, because we've already seen movies referenced in other movies. But it's inside jokes. It's movie company turnover, and it's Hollywood rumor mill stuff that even if you are even if you're just watching the movies, you're not getting half the jokes. Like it's stuff that if you are a fanboy or fangirl of these properties, follow all the news about these movies, you get payoffs to certain things that if you aren't keeping up with all the current news with superhero movies, you're gonna miss some things and you'll have to have it explained to you after.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also do think though, that someone who's the casual viewer of the MCU and hasn't seen anything can watch this and still really enjoy it because a lot of the referential stuff goes back to pre MCU stuff. No, I'm aware of that, and in that case, most people have seen those movies, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying it's beyond just the movies. It's the stuff off the movies that, like I just said, even if you're going into it being like I don't want all these things, it's references that are there for you and you are being paid off for following all this crap for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Now, here's a question for you. Yes, is it the funniest MCU movie?
Speaker 1: It might be now that it's I think this. It might be because Ragnarok is really funny.
Speaker 2: That's the other one.
Speaker 1: Furst Guardians is really funny. Yeah, I guess it depends. Do you prefer the Ryan Reynolds style of comedy or do you prefer Taikawa. At least Taikawa T five is years ago before some people grew sour on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the difference between the two, I guess to maybe help the listener if they're trying to delineate.
Speaker 1: One is from New zealand one is from Canada.
Speaker 2: A lot of the humor in this movie is quoting other movies or referencing other movies, much the way Deadpool does, whereas h James Gunn and Takaway t t that humorous humor you might quote in the future going forward, you know. So that's the difference there. So I guess you could argue there is a funnier movie or two, but this is in the conversation, and I would probably say it is the funniest.
Speaker 1: Because I think that I I lolled several times of this.
Speaker 2: I tackled I there.
Speaker 1: There was a couple jokes that I really did lose it.
Speaker 2: There was one word, one single word, that made me laugh for about a minute straight.
Speaker 1: They also do something in this and I always love this is someone finishes like a conversation and then the other person jumps back two conversations ago to be like, wait, why the fuck did you say this? And that always because that's how people talk like, they just kind of listen, listen, listen, and then they go, wait a second, why did you say this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, half listening and then your mind finally clicks. You're like, wait, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What what do you say to me?
Speaker 2: Mac?
Speaker 1: So, like we talked about earlier with No Way Home, is this the most fun pants tenty MCU movie that we've gotten since Endgame?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is for sure. Now you I think if you're a huge Spider Man guy, maybe you lean that over this. But I'm a huge Wolverine guy, so I lean this over that as much as I do like Spider Man. I just felt like this was rough. This was a longer time coming because we've been talking about this forever. Whereas in No Way, No Way Home, Yes, we had a good Spider Man already.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like we needed to get back No. But so that movie had the best one. I think that movie, though, had better redemption for one of the Spider Men. So like in this one, you don't walk away going, man, I wish that we got more of this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In that movie, you say, did we did we not give Andrew Garfield enough credit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably so that. I mean that is a distinction to make between the two and that movie is obviously much more serious than this one as well, I.
Speaker 1: Was to say, and that one took itself way more serious. This one went into it being like, look, we're gonna give you a spectacle for the eyes and ears.
Speaker 2: I also feel like, of course this story isn't perfect or great. No, the strange stuff in that movie really bothered me, So I don't know if there's anything in this movie that really bothers me.
Speaker 1: Because they weren't taking it as serious. In this movie, things didn't bother me because they were still trying to continue a story and build upon the whole Marvel universe. In that movie, you kind of nitpick at things, being like I don't like this, I don't like this, I don't like this, whereas this one, it almost feels like a standalone like it's in the Marvel universe, but it's kind of just off on its own. And while I don't love where the villain ends up, or even the secondary villain, it's kind of like it's like secondary stuff to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think it's the downfalls of this movie I think are far overshadowed by what it does well and what it does great and what we've been anticipating and That's another thing that goes along with this as well, Like we also anticipated a lot in No Way Home, and on the mcu strange side of stuff, it fell short. Yeah, this didn't have to deal with that, like really at all?
Speaker 1: Do we just like Strange too much and he just keeps disappointing us. It's possible the character keeps disappointing us. Hope we're doing this to us. Yeah, Doctor Strange owns as an apology. Mac I have had that Madonna song stuck in my head for months.
Speaker 2: It's a This movie does a great job of music. It is very topical and referential. Even when it comes to the music, they did a good job picking the songs they used to including that mcdonna song.
Speaker 1: So in this they don't go with nexus beings, which is a character that is a part of all the worlds and whatnot. They go with anchor characters.
Speaker 2: This it's different, it's completely different. A nexus being is someone who's like beyond a next level is obviously vital of the universe, but vital to all the universe. Which, Yeah, whereas this they introduce anchor characters, which might be a variant of one character, and they give us this concept of which was easy enough for me to buy into. I suppose maybe some people issue with this is if the anchor character dies in that world or that universe.
Speaker 1: They don't matter anymore. The cops say, they don't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the universe crumbles a little bit. So, and you know, in that respect, it mimicked across the Spider Verse a little bit in that they had these sort of anchor events, I forget what they called them, and if that event didn't happen, the world collapses. It was just somewhat similar to that.
Speaker 1: The movie also establishes that Deadpool is on Earth ten triple zero five. That's how they refer to.
Speaker 2: It, ten thousand plus five. So would it be hold on here to it would be one hundred thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is the same universe that Logan the movie Logan is on. But that doesn't mean that it's on the same world that the original X Men were on.
Speaker 2: No, it means specifically, it's.
Speaker 1: Not actually exactly That's what I was trying to get at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we established that the Deadpool we've known and the Deadpool through these last three movies, even though we saw some X Men cameos does not operate in the same world either as the original X Men trilogy or as the in the X Men trilogy that we got in the twenty tens. It's in a completely separate world. And in this world is where the movie Logan happens. So yes, Logan X twenty three exists in the same world as Deadpool.
Speaker 1: All right, and the next question, we are gonna move to your sack, and that is will this movie reinvigorate, which is what a lot of critics are saying the MCU. We're gonna save that for your sacks, So stick around big market teas, big market tease. How about instead we get to the nonagon. Let's do it, all right, Mac, fun factor on this movie, and I think the fun factor is one of the big selling points action, blood, violence, jokes. I think, very very funny jokes. I think even beyond the references, this is still a very very funny movie. And it's just fun. It's fun, it's fan fun, it's fan factor.
Speaker 2: I totally agree. I have a really hard time coming up with a theater growing experience a movie seeing for the first time that was more fun than this one. And on top of it, and one thing, you didn't mention that. I just briefly mentioned the music was incredibly fun too. Definitely tongue in cheek at points, but they had a lot of fun with the music as well.
Speaker 1: Satisfactor And while maybe some of the events of the movie aren't necessarily satisfactory, just getting Wolverine and Deadpool on the screen together and a lot of it, it's not like, oh, sparingly, no, they're together for hour forty five of the movie. Two hours of the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'd say probably close to two hours, So.
Speaker 1: That is very satisfactory. I will say this though, and I blame Disney for this, putting so many spoilers in the trailers. Like I have no issue with people, you know, digging through stuff and putting it on Reddit, and if people want to find that, that's absolutely fine with me. It's when Disney puts characters that they are that would be amazing, satisfactory, just awesome cameos in there, when they put them in their trailers, that's annoying.
Speaker 2: I hear your overall point, your general point there. I don't agree with you with this movie, and that's because I was pretty deep into that stuff and was purposefully doing that and I still got two characters in here, one that I mostly expected, one I didn't expect at all. That nice, so amazing, I know, satisfying.
Speaker 1: There's one and I don't I don't even want to say it right now, because some people were able to avoid trailers. Yeah, but there's one character that if they didn't show in a trailer and they just popped popped them on us, I would have gotten chills.
Speaker 2: But because I knew about it, that character what I'm not even talking about it.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm talking about that character. I am talking about that character.
Speaker 2: All right. Yeah, I don't I agree with your point, but that's fair.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with anything you've ever said, So how do you deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But speaking on satisfactor, Yes, it was really really satisfying to see Hugh Jackman back in this role because you think back to twenty seventeen's logan, you thought that was it. Then rumors started a couple of years ago before they announced this movie that he would be coming back, and so that's a really long time in between seeing him as Wolverine. You know, I got my little Wolverine toys here obviously noted Wolverine guy. Yeah, we might have the same little.
Speaker 1: Guy toy boys over here.
Speaker 2: So I wish he could play and they joke about this in the movie. I wish he could play Wolverine forever because he's fucking perfect. Yeah, So it was really satisfying to see him back in that role. And also it was satisfying to be to see him be so vital to the plot of the movie and not just be the sidekick.
Speaker 1: Right, and he has his own issues that he's dealing with and they're trying to figure out Borometer. It did take a little bit for me. It wasn't it wasn't tip to tail excitement. There were parts where I was like, this is dragging a smidge and it was really end of second, beginning of third and then dealing with the final villain stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, maybe the worst part about this movie is the TVA and how they were represented and what they did, And there was a little bit of bore surrounding TVA involved stuff. Well, I will fully agree with you on.
Speaker 1: That, Aquator. It is better than twenty seventeen's Aquaman Jason Momoa Halloween. I actually believe that this movie will not wane over time. I have a feeling because this is the first time in a while that I want to rewatch an mcu Marvel movie almost immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agree. It's it's it's the first movie in a while I'm excited to watch, like a New rock Stars breakdown of stills and then the point out easter eggs that I'm missed because I was having so much fun watching the movie that I surely miss stuff. And this is also the first Marvel movie in a while since Maybe No Way Home. That would be fun to watch with friends knowing what's coming and watching their reactions, because that's gonna be pretty satisfying.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm team Screen Crush, Ryan Airy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like New rock Stars more. Screen Crush is solid. The British guy is uh which heavy spoilers. Heavy spoilers, They're okay.
Speaker 1: I don't love them.
Speaker 2: I'm not as entertaining.
Speaker 1: I go screencross New rock Stars then heavy spoilers, but I almost sometimes Ryan Airy does enough to cover for both of them.
Speaker 2: I like New rock Stars number one, but Screen Crush does a great job.
Speaker 1: Mac Pants, Ten City, Excite, Mike Mania, And we really can't talk about them here because I don't want to spoil any But like I said, one of the big selling points of this movie is the pants tents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's essentially a movie that started with probably four or five pants tents, and they just connect the tents along the line.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, it does feel like they said, Okay, we want or we need in this movie to have these ten things and we don't care how you connect them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, which is again a little bit like No Way Home. They were like, all right, going in, we know we got X, Y Z. Let's just connect those and see how the movie can.
Speaker 1: No. But the issue and I'm not trying to pile on No Way Home. But No Way Home had another responsibility of getting us to another Spider Man movie and then getting us to more MCU stuff.
Speaker 2: It had more responsibility for this movie.
Speaker 1: They could wrap it up here and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Is that a spoiler?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Mac, when life gives you plemons, you make plemonade. And I will talk about mine and spoilers my first one, because I think this guy absolutely stole the show.
Speaker 2: Oh I, we have the same same point here on this one. It was it was just ugh, talk about satisfying fun factor. It was everything rolled into one and I can't praise the person who played the role enough.
Speaker 1: Max credit Union, you deserve so much credit. Mac who are you giving credit to?
Speaker 2: Again? I'm gonna harp on it maybe for the rest of my life. Jackman in this role is perfect, and specifically in this movie, he gives it that emotional gravitas that it was kind of missing, as I think we've had a little bit of trouble with the emotions in the past couple of Deadpool movies. I think this has a better emotional center than those two movies do, which takes this movie up a notch from those two. Of course, you do feel for Wade and what he's gone through, but because Deadpool is the character he is, I just think it's inherently a little less emotional. There's specifically there's a couple monologues, but specifically one probably about halfway through this movie, a Jackman monologue that was unbelievable, Like he he speaks for like two straight minutes and it's fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: I'll give credit to both of them because those to truly carry the movie.
Speaker 2: And you know what, like it's hard to not give credit to Reynolds like kind of almost stepping back and being the secondary star in his own franchise, So you got to you gotta give him credit for that.
Speaker 1: For those of you tardy to the Mac and Goo party, we rate everything on a forty hot dog ratings system. Mac the Floor is yours.
Speaker 2: We can't underscore how much of a fucking blast this movie is. It's just was such such a fun theater experience. And again, I'm wanting my friends to see this so we can talk about it and talk about some of the references and cameos. But also again, the story isn't the best right off the top, but the combination of the characters that we get in here, and the fight scenes and the tent pole scenes, this is my most enjoyable theater experience in a long, long time. Jackman's monologues, especially the one in the Honda Odyssey that I referenced a minute ago before There's this big moment, adds to the depth and emotion that this movie absolutely needed. Without those, this movie just wouldn't have hit his hard or maybe would have fallen flat. Who knows. But back to the story, the Paradox character kind of sucked, Yeah, kind of sucked. It was really hard to believe what was going on at the TVA if you were someone that watched Loki season two. It just didn't quite jive with the TVA that we ended up with at the end of season two. To me, it really didn't make a lot of sense. How there was like no oversight to not get into spoilers yet, it just didn't make a lot of sense to me when you talk about that. In a few as well, we're introduced to Sandra Nova in this movie as the main bad guy, the main villain. I think for the most part, people were like me when it comes to her. We just knew that she was Charles's twin and like died in the womb, he killed her in the womb, and that's all you really need to know about it. You don't need to know anything more going in, which was good. Her powers were sweet. The visuals on her powers, like with the hands and the fingers in the head were fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: He's also bald is always get inside with the ball.
Speaker 2: But again, when it comes to story, what she ends up doing I didn't think was great. I thought her motivations were good. I could see why she was motivated to do something what she chooses to do. I didn't love it, not.
Speaker 1: To step on you, but her motivations were super generic.
Speaker 2: There was a little bit of a tie in and twisting there that I thought the motivation was good enough, but again I don't like how that played out. A note two is you probably need to have seen Logan for several scenes to really work for you in this movie, on top of maybe Loki season two and general Marvel knowledge. So like we talked about already, maybe that drops it down for some people. But I also think you didn't really need any Deadpool knowledge from the other two movies. Going like you understood immediately the impact of his friends and family. He didn't need to know much more than that. Also, speaking of Deadpool's friends and family, oive Marina Backer and she is still looking very very good.
Speaker 1: Dell Hawk and piss.
Speaker 2: Ku. I have this at thirty seven hot Dogs. I've got it number eight in the MCU, behind a pretty stacked top seven. I think it's either at the back end of tier two or at the top of tier three in those move in that in that list of movies, of course, the top tier would be the three forty Doggers for me, Infinity War Endgame and Guardians and then the next ones. I think this might be in that tier. This is also very comfortably my number two movie of twenty twenty four, behind Doode and Two. There's a gap between Dude and two and this, and then there's a gap between this and everything else. I also think this is the best of the three Deadpool movies. I would understand why, and I think, you know, just listening to our last ten to fifteen minutes, I think a lot of people would understand why. People might prefer those other two movies, but maybe more coherent or better stories that are Deadpool stories. Maybe because this does rely heavily on logan Slash Wolverine stuff.
Speaker 1: Slash cameos, slash needing, a bunch of other stuff. Mac I will say this is that we are the right audience for this movie, no doubt, no. That is playing a huge part of this, because if you aren't the right audience for this movie, there are tons of things to pick apart, but for us, blood, Guts, Knives. I don't know if I can say the next word, so I'm not gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna say salutes, Okay, it's.
Speaker 1: An eminem song, right, I would have said it, that's a part of an eminem song.
Speaker 2: You don't want to fuck with Shady? Why not Shady? Well fucking kill Mac.
Speaker 1: I am still so mad at Disney for what they did with the cameos and the trailer, and I just like they would have absolutely blasted my brain. But even saying that, I still had a blast with most of them, and the ones that I didn't love, they got them out of there pretty quick. They didn't waste their time on the cameos that they thought people didn't care about. I did feel like the was a bit too comic bookie, a bit too generic, But when you look back at the other Deadpool movies, they sneaky have very generic endings too, when they try to be like, well, we're not your daddy's comic book movie, but then they they end up kind of being that, just with an R rating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually think I have such a big issue with the first Deadpool movie because it does that for two thirds of it, and then the final third of it is like every comic book movie you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So I guess that it does carry on in the Deadpool trend of like the villains aren't great.
Speaker 2: But they also I was thinking, I'm glad you brought this up. The villains in the three movies have been great, but they also haven't been able to establish Deadpool in a broader universe and establish this bigger rivalry with a bigger villain or bring in a bigger villain because they haven't had the rights to bigger villains, and that's an issue there.
Speaker 1: Also, I think they've all had accents. Are they all British? That's a strong What was Ajax? Was Ajax British? They've definitely all had accents.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, while I love Hugh Jackman and it's awesome seeing him in the suit, it took me a while to care about this Wolverine, and I'm still not sure how much I actually do because when Logan died, I said goodbye to that character, and this one is almost too similar to the Logan that we got in Logan. Like, if they had a slightly different take on it, I think I would have been more into it. But because it was very similar to an old man Logan who's trying to chase his you know, bad times away with Booze and he's having difficulties with the claws and stuff like that. It's a little similar.
Speaker 2: I don't really agree with you on that one, because the logan we saw on Logan was an old man Loganish and obviously enjoyed his booze, as Logan does, but that Logan was caring for Charles Xavier and doing everything he could for that, whereas this Logan was dejected, wanted nothing to do with this past, wanted the drinks so away and do nothing else in life. And I think it's a very clear, like very clear difference from the Logan that we saw.
Speaker 1: I think it also gets into with the whole multiverse stuff and pulling variants out, and like, if you want to compare it to Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three with Gomorra, I didn't necessarily care about Gomora in that movie, but what I cared about when it came to her character was Peter's grief and dealing with that character. And while we did get a smidge of that in this movie, that's what carried that variant for me.
Speaker 2: You don't think that the character tie in was similar to that.
Speaker 1: It helped, Okay, it helped, but it didn't have the same thing for me. Also, a lot of the sendoffs like these emotional like, well, these characters didn't get sendoffs. I don't think a lot of them needed send offs. So a couple of them just flat out stunk. And while it's funny that we brought them back, it wasn't like something like, oh, I wish they gave so and so their comeuppins their or their their flowers because they needed it. Where Like even when it came to like the Deadpool and Logan stuff, we've already gotten a really good send off to Logan in the past. With Deadpool, we didn't really get anything there either, But I don't want to get into any of the spoiler stuff there. But the whole thing, though, is that this story is pretty simple. It's a pretty easy buddy cop going across the desert trying to solve this issue get back to the home. And so what I like about that is that they didn't overcomplicate what the story is. They just left it open for fun. They left it open for these two actors to play their characters, to bring in other fun characters, and just let them have fun and let us have fun with them. And I think that's what I appreciate the most about this movie where the story isn't the best, the ending isn't the best, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm here for these two characters on the screen, and that's what they gave us. It's a fun ride with that. There's tons of fight scenes. They take a lot of shots at Disney, and I really appreciate that Disney was willing to take those shots. Reynolds and Jackman are great in this movie. Credit to all the action, because I want to say this is that I think everything in this movie is done in the daylight. It's all bright. You can see exactly what's happening in every single fight scene. Sometimes it does look a little computer generated and a little bit wonky, but I don't care because they give you so much of it, and so much of it looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just by doing that, it has shit on every DC movie ever.
Speaker 1: So with all that said, Mac, I have this. I settled on thirty five. Thirty five was right where I was at, but then I looked at my MCU and I think I would take it over the first Avengers movie, which I think I had at thirty six, and that's at number T ten. And then also right around like Black Panther. So I would have it anywhere from ten to twelve with the First Avengers and with Black Panther, but then above, say a Wan Division, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three, Doctor Strange, but I would have it below Iron Man.
Speaker 2: That's a very similar range to me. Let me let me read. So I'll read you the seven movies that I have ahead of it, yea to give you an idea of what that those top two tiers are. So of course Infinity War, Guardians Endgame that I have thor Ragnarok kind of starting that second tier with Black Panther, Homecoming and Winter Soldier, and then I either have Deadpole and Wolverine right there at the end of that tier, or starting the next tier where I have that Guardians two, Love and Thunder. I still enjoy quite a bit the first Avengers movie. I have that eleventh Guardians Volume three, is that right there?
Speaker 1: That's enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at twelve so and then actually No Way Home at thirteen, so No Way Home might end that tier that this starts, but roughly in the same tier, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so like the only show that I would first off is X Men, the animated series an MCU show are we calling it that? I don't know yet, so I would have that above this as well. And I loved X Men the animated series, and like like, I have Loki above it on my tiering. But I've always said this movies over television, so give me that.
Speaker 2: Loki and Hawkeye would be just behind this, but in the conversation for sure.
Speaker 1: And then I have at number two on the year. But that's only it's not only because but I do think that there is quite a gap between June two and then say the fall guy in Twisters, like, so it's gonna fall right in between.
Speaker 2: Pretty mets of mets year for movies, that's for sure. Mac.
Speaker 1: Should we start spoiling.
Speaker 2: Spiless spoilers, let's jump.
Speaker 1: Back, that's a rewind feature. I just did it to the Plemonade, and the Plemonade needs to go to the idea to put this guy in the movie to know exactly all the turmoil that went on off screen, write that into the character. And also Channing Tatum playing Gambit because the let's say fifteen minutes that he's in the movie, he fucking kills it.
Speaker 2: Yep. Channing Tatum finally gets his chance to play Gambit. They've been talking about a Gambit movie for I don't know ten years, eight years now, and Channing Tatum does, I think as good of a job as anyone could have done, being this fun, goofy version of Gambit and also knowing that this is probably what he was kind of workshopping for the character too, is like very funny, and there's everything that came out of his mouth was fucking hysterical.
Speaker 1: Because there were always stories of like, well, he's having a tough time with the dialect, or they're having a tough time with the tone of the movie, or uh, when that movie was canceled, went into like a bit of uh, like a character depression type of thing because it was never gonna be made, and they put all of that into the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was perfect, And yeah, I even mostly expected to see this character based off what I had read, and it was still so awesome to finally see it, see him in that in that uniform, see him use his powers, had super killed. Yeah, Yeah, it was fucking great. I just I guess I should have figured they would have gone this route with it instead of like a super serious Gambit. But I'm telling you right now, that this this is the funniest character I've seen on screen in a long time. It was so fucking good, so funny.
Speaker 1: And Deadpool's reaction to him was so so funny. I like that absolutely, that scene in the the the little hut there.
Speaker 2: Where the lair, the cave.
Speaker 1: First off, beside Gambit, we also got Electra, but we were kind of expecting Electra, and we got fucking Blade.
Speaker 2: Yes, h Wesley Snipes as Blade, which I did not expect to know again neither reading stuff online. I'm sure I might have come across his name or his character, but it was not one of the ones, one of the top options. And man, wasn't so satisfying to see him play Blade again. Just to see Blade in general was satisfying and have it be Wesley Snipes was so fucking good. And of course, by the way, we were in a theater with I don't know, maybe like forty critics, whatever you want to say, legitimate pop for Wesley Snipes. Like so, I haven't seen Wesley Snipes in anything in years, never mind as fucking Blade. So that was really good. But two things I thought were great here and one maybe really meaningful going forward. Maybe we can touch back. At the end, he says, matter of factly, there will only ever be one Blade, and Deadpool looks directly at the camera. Yeah, is that Kevin Faigey telling us, Hey, Marhirsch law Ali is Blade is fucking dead?
Speaker 1: Possibly possibly because they also they've talked about downsizing their schedules and stuff too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was very purposefully done.
Speaker 1: And I think my favorite joke from the Blade stuff is when he tells Deadpool slash Ryan Reynolds that I never liked you because Ryan Reynolds was in Blade Trinity and Pat Oswald always tells stories of like how crazy Wesley Snipes was on that movie and how he didn't like to be upstaged, and a young Ryan Reynolds would do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So another perfect tie in with a character there. And then Gou. Of course, the fourth member of this void team of Electra, Blade and Gambit is not other than X twenty three, played again by Daphney Kean, a much older Daphne Keen. She looks like a woman now compared to a child that she did in twenty seventeen, and she ends up playing a pretty vital role in this movie, both emotionally in motivations and in the big fight scene. Albeit I guess a brief fifteen or twenty minutes, but a very vital fifteen or twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: I would have loved it if they didn't have her come into the hut and then she showed up later and then she walked down there to Wolverine when he's sitting by himself, and that's like the first time that you see her, and then she gives him that speech. Fair enough, I'm also splitting hairs there. But my my main thing with that character is I wish they didn't put her in the fucking trailer.
Speaker 2: I could agree with you on that one character. I do think that's the one that we definitely all expected to get, though, so like, I don't think at that point they were really holding anything back. That's why I don't think it's was that big of a spoiler or not to say her name earlier, but she wasn't in the IMDb critic so clearly they were trying to hold her back a little bit. But she's she's also she's also doing media for the movie as well.
Speaker 1: So Jennifer Gardner also gave us a great line of oh, is there a Daredevil here, and she was nope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh sorry, she goes, no, it's okay, No, it's okay.
Speaker 1: That's of course ben affleck her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a great Garner afflict.
Speaker 1: And then I think the second best cameo would be Chris Evans. And they want you to believe that maybe that's Captain America. Yeah, no, no, no, And granted I could kind of tell from the start by the way he was talking, but Johnny Storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Evans reprising his role as Johnny Storm from the two Fantastic Four movies from the two thousands, and they do a great job masking it. For about a minute as he's in these tatters in the void, you see a little glimpse of red from something I don't know what he had on there, and then his first like I don't know, five lines or dialogue or cap ish and Deadpool wades getting excited to fight with cap turns out he's Johnny Storm flame on shoots into the sky and has a very brief shine, very briefly brightly.
Speaker 1: I also loved because before Chris Evans became Captain America, he always played this dickheadish character in almost every one of his but he dialed right into that pre cap character. Yeah, perfectly, it was. Every single line was delivered just like a pre twenty oh nine Chris Evans.
Speaker 2: He felt like Johnny Storm. Yeah. It was fucking great. I love it. I loved it, dude. Yet another I guess this might be the top cameo for some folks as well. And a massive shot at the DC universe is Henry Cavill pops up as a Wolverine variant for I don't know eight seconds here.
Speaker 1: Credit to Henry Cavill. Bigger than Hugh Jackman, like the noticeably giant, huge, hold.
Speaker 2: The masks huge, great fucking see.
Speaker 1: But I'll also say this is that not having Daniel Radcliffe in this, do you think that hints that maybe he's a Wolverine in the future and they didn't want to blow their load on this.
Speaker 2: I think there's something to that over that idea of they wanted to limit who plays the variants to keep their option open going.
Speaker 1: For kind of like in Multiverse of Madness, how they had John Krasinski in there and then they just said, well that was a fun little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like knowing he wasn't gonna be there going forward, so we'll waste him here, and I think that's the same with Cavell. Another one here that maybe someone could have picked up on screen. This I didn't real and I was.
Speaker 1: Looking at this act the entire movie because him and Ryan Reynolds are great friends off screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob mclaney obviously always Sonny, and they own Wrexham together. There spend lots of time together. He apparently plays one of the TVA soldiers in here, which is a fun little nod. It's like Daniel Craig playing a stormtrooper. They must have had his face covered though, because I didn't notice him at all.
Speaker 1: And then outside of Gambit, because Gambit made me laugh almost every single line, I lolled, I cackled, I had a good old fun time.
Speaker 2: Go the word that killed me for a full minute, and I was trying to contain my laughter because it was not a pretty empty theater, so you could hear people snickering. The way I was is in this big, massive moment in the Honda Odyssey, right before Dead Pulling Wolverine get into their second fight, Laverne tells him to say one more word, and then there's like a eight second pause, which makes you believe he's finally gonna shut up and not say anything, and he utters the word goubernator, which is just like, that's an incredibly funny word to say and hear. And whoever came up with that, I don't know if it was Reynolds in the moment that probly I'm sure they did forty takes there that couldn't have been. You can't find a funnier word to say in that moment. It was fucking incredible. It was so good. Another one that killed me was towards the end of the movie when we had nice Pool, who we'll get to it a couple seconds as well. He goes, I can break the fourth wall too, and he turns to the camera and just goes the proposal.
Speaker 1: I also, I think my favorite line of the movie is when Eliath first shows up and Deadpool goes, that's from Loki Season one, episode five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a great one as well. And then at the very beginning actually and his birthday party, when the guy that wasn't supposed to speak, yeah, utters a line. He goes, what are you fucking improvising? What do you do?
Speaker 1: He's an extra, he's not allowed to talk. We don't want to pay you for this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then they also did a really good job with that one TVA tech just like fawning over both Deadpool and Wolverine. That was some really good stuff too.
Speaker 1: Also in the movie, Deadpool gets Johnny Storm killed by claiming that Johnny said this stuff about Cassandra Nova and the entire movie logan's like, you got him fucking killed. He didn't say any of that shit. And then the post credit scene is Deadpool showing a tape of Chris Evans saying word for word in the Johnny Storm voice the exact same thing, like.
Speaker 2: A minute straight of insults, which was like, so hard to believe. So I love that they called back to that. It was a great post.
Speaker 1: They also said something about sending her to bald Hell, which I thought was so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: A couple other things in here. I guess one more thing before we really get into the nitty gritty stuff is maybe the major jumping off point for the movie and for the Deadpool character was Deadpool going back in time to twenty eighteen and applying and Earth six, Yeah, on our sacred timeline Earth six one six and trying to apply for the Avengers, he meets with Happy Hogan, and Happy Hogan just kind of okay, buddies him and ushers him out, and that's sort of how we end up in the Deadpool story. That's really the motivation to go from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was that and then him retiring the character.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also credit to Goostra Damis. After seeing the first trailer, I pointed out that it looks like Wade and Vanessa are no longer together, and everyone said, goo, how are you picking that up?
Speaker 2: I did? They all said that everyone you speaking of our sacred timeline and the MCU going forward. At the end of this movie, we see Logan in X twenty three in Earth one thousand or ten thousand and five with Deadpool and friends. So where do we see them next? Do we see them next? Because they're not in our sacred timeline, they're not on Earth six one six. What's gonna happen with them going on?
Speaker 1: That's a good question, because I do think Deadpool moving forward if you're gonna use the character, because I I also would be okay if they If this was just his final movie, I think this is a good way to go out. But if he's in another movie. It's gonna have to be a team up with say a Spider Man maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, there's only so many ways they can go about it now, So I wonder. I think the character we have a chance of seeing most from this movie is probably X twenty three. She's the one that makes the movie.
Speaker 1: I would love to see her again.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be great. And she did a great job. And I loved how in the big fight scene her costume was just the glasses.
Speaker 1: He put the glasses on.
Speaker 2: Sell the backpack so good they I was.
Speaker 1: Glad the backpack. You know it had a purpose. It was to put Juggernaut's helmet in there.
Speaker 2: Not a bad plan either, I don't see.
Speaker 1: He's also just so good at just uh just screw grunting as she runs.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, uh yeah. So so those those two characters are Cassander Nova in Paradox. So Paradox not having the oversight from the TVA wasn't believable to me that that hurt this movie.
Speaker 1: Because he also needed three days to get his plan going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you have seventy two hours, and I'm like, all right, fine, he's building this fucking world eading machine wherever the hell they called it. Uh. Second to that, I liked the motivation that Cassander Noova gets double crossed by Paradox and really she's the big bat of this movie. I don't like that she immediately wants to go and.
Speaker 1: Just kick kill every world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that wasn't great.
Speaker 1: And then how she ends the movie after being I think, like a pretty cool character up until she goes to ten triple zero five, Like as soon as she gets there, she just attaches herself to a machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was a little bit weak. It did give us a nice Deadpool and Wolverine scene.
Speaker 1: No, but I also didn't love that one either, because I mean, like that's just kind of like the comic bookie ending once again. But the journey get there was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the idea that they get told like no one being can handle the matter and the anti matter, but they used two beings so they came out together and really like underscores like the point of the whole movie. So I was okay with that part. I'm I'm interested to see. Like So this didn't end up really being a soft launch for the X Men and the MCU, which I expected a little bit of that. Maybe X twenty three is the soft launch here, but that's something like going forward we're still left wondering about. And additionally, which I kind of alluded to before the X Men cameo, we get in Deadpool two. Those X Men technically were at the X Men we actually knew. They were just variants of the ones that we knew.
Speaker 1: Great point. Great point. By the way, there is a Wolverine variant montage that I absolutely loved. Obviously, we talked about Cavil, but we also get different Wolverines from the comics, Like we have the crucified Wolverine, we have not about him, we have the giant back Alley Wolverine. And I had to explain to Dana my life and I'm like, yeah, comics got real fucking weird for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like an eighties there were synthpop playing. I didn't know who that variant was. The one that was probably the most satisfying for fans was the Wolverine in the brown and yellow suit fighting Hulk. Yes, that was right, and Ruffalo's Hulk. Also, by the way, we get the comic accurate short Wolverine, which was very, very funny because the way I was shoot it in the first few seconds, you don't think he's.
Speaker 1: Because I thought that might have been Radcliffe at first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And then we also get the Patch Wolverine, which everyone seemingly loves from the comics. I don't really know anything about him. Also we get the character of nice Pool, who pops up a couple times in here, which is Ryan Reynolds playing him as Ryan Ryan Reynolds, non burned Ryan Reynolds with long hair and the Canadian accent. I thought he was a really fun addition to the movie too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also with this Wolverine, he has taken and he is the worst of all the Wolverines, and I didn't think he was that much different than the rest of the Wolverines. He had the backstory of he was responsible for his X Men being killed because he tried to distance himself from them. He had a drinking issue he got back to the house. He hid this part from X twenty three. But he also after his X Men got killed, he went on a giant murder spree where he didn't just kill the bad guys, he killed a ton of people.
Speaker 2: I think what you're really overlooking is the fact that this Wolverine didn't have anything to go back to or anything to redeem himself with in his world, whereas other Wolverines might go through similar emotional lows but always have something or some means to redeem themselves, and this Wolverine didn't have that.
Speaker 1: He had alcohol.
Speaker 2: In the beginning of the third act, the big fight scene in front of Giant Man, which was also great, a nice Paul Rudd joke we got in there. We get all of Nova's slaves cronies, and I know there's gonna be a lot of fun cameos in there. Some we already got a lot from trailers and breakdowns there. Juggernaut was pretty notable. They used Juggernaut's helmet there. Then we jumped to Earth ten thousand and five, whatever the fuck it's called, and we get the fight scene between Deadpool Logan and the one hundred Deadpools and presumably I think she was credited Blake Lively. Yeah, voices, Lady Deadpool. I'm guaranteeing a couple of those voices had to have been notable, but I didn't catch them in the credit.
Speaker 1: One of them is Matthew McConaughey. Matthew mc Conaughey was Cowboy Cowboy one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's that's fun as well. The baby infant Deadpool was pretty fun. And I also really liked that all Deadpools have a Peter and they celebrate Peter, which is the way that all these Deadpools stop fighting our hero.
Speaker 1: Which is a bit of like, you know, how are we gonna get out of this situation this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure, but it works for Deadpool movie. You know, it doesn't work for movies.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work for other ones, but it does work for this. Some notable characters or actors that were not seen here is either of the Professor X's, either of the Magneto's, and then Brolin as Cable. I'm actually surprised that they didn't have Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm as well. And then you have two Johnny Storms also, two actors that are in the MCU.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would have actually been pretty funny been on the Brolin Cable thing. They could have done a Chris Evans thing there where they could have made a reference to Sam played two characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then so Magneto is reference and that's actually one of the funnier pieces of dialogue in the movie too, where's Magneto? We need Magneto And they're like, oh, he's dead, Well, where's his helmet? It was destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cassandra Nova killed him and then melted his helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty funny. Cyclops was mentioned several times. Logan gave a couple stories with you know Scott, Oh, Scott always wanted me to wear this costume. I did like that story. He always wanted me to costume. I thought it was stupid, And since they're all gone now I wear it everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought the two best scenes are the two best monologues that I was pointing out obviously, when he tells a bit of his backstory before you learn the whole thing to Dead Pull in the Odyssey, right before they fight. It's like two minutes of a huge jackman toward to force. And then the scene down outside the lair with him and Daphne Keene was fucking great. She does a good job, he does an amazing job. And I felt like those two scenes really like tied the movie together, made it just kicked it up enough for me to like go from borderlining liking it to loving it because it just needed that emotional grav tos.
Speaker 1: And like I said, felt like dat did help me. That did help me with that. Logan with that Wolverine totally agreed. It just wasn't maybe as far as you went. And then also, what was the other thing. I'm just gonna say something, you ruined it? Oh when he popped the mask on?
Speaker 2: Oh right, God?
Speaker 1: Yeah, god, because I forgot about the mask at that part of the movie. And then he's like, wait one second and he flipped the hood over.
Speaker 2: You're like a man, amass so good. So they fight all that dead all those deadpools while he's wearing the mask, and that was really cool and very very satisfying to see. Because of all the versions of Logan and Wolverine we've seen in the past, he has never donned a mask, not once. So five Yeah, finally we get that for a scene. And it was great, great way they did it to just pulling it out from the back. It was fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: I also can't talk enough about just how much I love how everything was done in the daylight and you could see everything that was happening. You could see all the blood splattering, because in every single one of these fights, all of these heroes have sharp swords, guns, claws, and they were just limb chopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And a very important thing actually to note as well is Deadpool now has Adamantium, Hannahs, and that seems like it's gonna be a pretty big plot point in the next MCO movie we see is a battle over Adamantium from TM.
Speaker 1: Is that the first time that they've said adam antium in Yes, So there's our there's our X men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, There we go, Max.
Speaker 1: We do a little timelining here, No, I don't think we need to. Well, I do want to talk about Okay, well, let's skip over some crap there, but.
Speaker 2: You could, you could jump around.
Speaker 1: I do like how the movie starts up with him digging up Logan's body and then using his Adamantium spine to kill TVA members two in syncs Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah we U. One of the things we said, and one of the things most people were going into this movie with, was like, please don't mess with the legacy from Logan, and they jump immediately into it and I was like, ah, but the minute he starts beating the shit out of people with the Adamantium skeleton. I was like, oh okay, And.
Speaker 1: Then also so I thought the scene was going on too long, but then it went on so long that it came back around to being funny again.
Speaker 2: Yea. Also skill was not different than the prior ones.
Speaker 1: Such a cool image too, and I'm hoping that they make something with this, some kind of a probably not a pop but like like a figure of Deadpool with the claws on his hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, great mind. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: That he stabbed himself.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he got into pop, but it was still a cool scene.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed them in the void. They were able to get to know each other. We got several great fight scenes in the void. Uh in the van and then also out in the desert, you're the twentieth century Fox logo. And they got was a Honda Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Honda Odyssey was nice. Pools car with the the Coexists sign. Actually, go another note about Paradox here too, yes, like there's no like what's Paradox's end game? Also, like why does he want to prune these worlds so quickly even though they're gonna die anyways? What's the fucking point there? Did he never really explained.
Speaker 1: I think he said something about wanting to like be in charge of like his version of the TVA I guess.
Speaker 2: But again, that doesn't jive with the end of Loki season two. It just doesn't really work for me.
Speaker 1: Piro, how about him? He's got gross teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's I also love when.
Speaker 1: He walked in to talk to Cassandra and she goes, not everyone gets to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because, uh, I think Wolverine said that maybe right.
Speaker 1: I think at one point, no, I think she said he shuts.
Speaker 2: Him down, and I think he might have said that. But either way, you thought you were gonna get the shitty villain montage and then he just shut him up right away. That was great.
Speaker 1: Also, I wouldn't mind if they found a way to bring back not this Cassandra Nova. She gets obliterated and spaghettied, but she's a pretty cool character and I wouldn't mind her with a Charles or with a Magneto where she's a little more lenient on like what she'll do. Also, I did like the Wolverine speech of she said, oh, Charles must have loved you, and he goes, no, Charles loved everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there was a good another good fucking Jackman scene there where Wade wants to kill her. He's like no, and that's ultimately why she helps them with the Paradox double cross. The way that X twenty three against Juggernaut's helmet was fucking awesome. Yeah, she just slices him off at the ankles, grabs the helmet like that was fucking great, and that just goes We didn't even spend much time on the kills and the gore. There's so much of it in this movie. It's like hard to point to one or two things. It's in almost every scene. Like the fight scene between Deadpool and Wolverine in The Odyssey was fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: And then the the that's where he lost his sleeves too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the shot of Deadpool all tied up in the seatbelt was great. And then you see the Electra boots, like really good introduction of those Void characters. They just did. They did a really good job kind of flowing from one thing to another.
Speaker 1: Also, and I know that we already talked about Wesley Snipes in this movie, but seeing Blade fight as Zazel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking great.
Speaker 1: Seeing the Blade fight the Devil and they kept that same like uh, like the propeller like three sided throwing thing to it, like it. I there's such great fan service in this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually was a little disappointed we didn't get bigger swords with Blade. He kind of used that smaller thing for most of the fight scene. I would have liked to have seen that and like a Blade Deadpool team up. It was just inherently really cool.
Speaker 1: Dear God. Coming out of the movie, I was like, has a movie? How do I feel about this movie? And then I'm like, there is so much fun in this Yeah. There is just so many laughs, so much great actions, so much violence, so much every reference it's made for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And they also like at the end when they are, you know, trying to break the time ripper, that was a good scene, good back and forth between Logan and Wade about who's gonna be the hero Wade Tricksum. Also we get the be fifteen cameo, by the way, with the TVA stuff, there was that a good little called back to the Avengers where Wade, Swarmer and Logan are eating schwarma at the end. There. It's just it was just they hit on so many good notes, and again you and I didn't care for most of the villain motivations or the story on the in between, but the shit that we got to see on screen was so good that we also we basically get to overlook that.
Speaker 1: What I appreciated too, because for a second I was like, Oh, is this how X twenty three is gonna go out? She's gonna die in the void. But they pulled her out at the end and had her in that final scene and that made me happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means she survived Eliath, but maybe the other ones didn't. I don't know. Yeah, I didn't question that too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, which means that she is now like maybe not in this world, but she could be pulled into whatever Avengers stuff happens.
Speaker 2: Yes, some young Avengers thing or something like that.
Speaker 1: In Logan, I know that she spoke Spanish, Yeah, mostly in this she speaks very good English.
Speaker 2: Clean English. And so I wonder what the what what time it is in the MCU right now, maybe twenty twenty six or something like that, and.
Speaker 1: Logan is new that's has dusk.
Speaker 2: Well, Logan's also set in the future, so it.
Speaker 1: Was set in twenty thirty I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's interesting, and she also like, yeah, it's a good point about that. Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I guess let's talk about the future.
Speaker 2: Let's get into.
Speaker 1: Maxa and Maxa could be anything. It could be a boat. And one of the it seems like every reviewer that likes this movie, one of the tags that keeps on being used over and over again is that this is a shot in the arm or it's going to reinvigorate the MCU. Where do you fall on that.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to agree with that statement because this was almost adjacent to the MC.
Speaker 1: And it's also so much different than all the other movies. And it's also I'm sorry to step on you here, but this has like really bothered me after seeing the movie, is that this is a rated R super rated R movie that they're not gonna continue to do. So it's not like they can take this business model and roll with it. Also, you can only do movies like this every so often, and I feel like they're kind of running out of these legacy characters that they can just pull back and do this with.
Speaker 2: All of that is true, but there is something to be said about how successful this movie is seemingly going to be and that maybe giving them a little more leeway to do more of this type of stuff in the universe. But again, it's hard to say that it reinvigorates the MCU because there's a chance we see none of these characters going Yeah, I hope that's not the case. I hope we get at least X twenty three, maybe Jackman again, maybe maybe Reynolds again. But it is encouraging to see that they could still deliver pretty much the highest level even when and things have been kind of going south. I think for them, for someone to say that they've reinvigorated the MCU, I think Brave New World needs to hit because that's really gonna be like The Jumping.
Speaker 1: A movie that's more in the style of what they've been doing in but in that also current timeline, but also finding a new style within it, not just being a copycat of what they've done in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is encouraging, and it's a good point you made. For for this movie, most of the set pieces and action took place in very bright, vivacious areas, and it seems like Brave New World's going to do a lot of that as well. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, if you've made it to this point in the podcast, I slute you cap.
Speaker 2: Is that February for Brave New World? Yes?
Speaker 1: Also in this movie, by the way, when that was Thor holding Deadpool, which is a really funny callback, every time that he said it, that was Hemsworth's brother, right, like that was the actor Thor.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't. I didn't, you know what, I didn't notice.
Speaker 1: It looked like from Ragnarok when it was Hamsworth's brother holding Matt Damon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was Chris Hamsworth, but it could have been Luke. Definitely could have been Luke.
Speaker 1: Because I think that's what made me laugh about it. And then every time was like why istore holding me?
Speaker 2: That also seems like that was an easter egg too, right, like that might be something that happens in the in a future movie.
Speaker 1: But I'm also curious, like what other characters you could possibly have like this comedic styling with right and you? Besides maybe Spider Man, you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not, there's not many, for sure. There's it'd have to be a real spastic Sara like maybe Moonnight they could bring out to this level. I just don't know anything about Moon Night. It just seems like he could maybe operate in this type of type of atmosphere.
Speaker 1: All right, Mac, where can the people find us?
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and on Instagram at Mac and goop podcast Ever on the platform, we are mac ampersan Goo. It's Max just seven Goo that includes Facebooks, Titratuning, Cashbuckspreaker, Google Play, iHeart Radio. We're on Spot five, but more importantly on Apple Podcasts. Get on there, rate review us five stars, subscribe. If you do that, we'll get you a free Macagoo T shirt from the folks over at Watertown Sports where that's Watertown Sports were on thirty four obit traet in Watertown Watertown sportswar dot com expert screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 1: Teapublic dot com. Tell your Alexa to play Mac and Goo on your iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey Alexa, play play Mac and Goo.
Speaker 1: On the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey hey Siri, play Mac and Goo Siri.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna wrap up this episode.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go and think for a bit, and then we're gonna go and record our next episode that's gonna come out on Monday. What is the topic of our next episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be talking twisters. Hell yeah, there's the movie that has dominated the box office the last year.
Speaker 1: You feel it? I think that's the saying.
Speaker 2: Uh, little peek behind the curtain here. You liked that movie more than I did.
Speaker 1: I love dumb fun.
Speaker 2: I argue about how fun that movie really was.
Speaker 1: I'm doing the Tornado Wrangler thing right now.
Speaker 2: I also, by the way, you have to go back and collect your thoughts. I have more notes on that than you do.
Speaker 1: I don't need notes.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you feel it, ride it, and I have the Tornado Wrangler. Those are my only thoughts on the movie, and that's really all I needed. Also, it's gonna suck up some diapers, Big Diaper Guy, Big Diaper movie. Tuesdays or Goose Days. I Abuse Kangaroos by dam Barton.
Speaker 2: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not for girls jumping on trampolines.