Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Thank God for all of our law enforcement, particularly even men and women of LMPD. They're understaffed, overworked, but yet they lace up their boots every single morning protecting serve and said send me here. Am I Thank you to all of law enforcements.
Speaker 2: As Dave Jennings honors these men and women and all first responders and all.
Speaker 1: First responders every single Thursday with Cops.
Speaker 2: Rock you remember this one. This past weekend, rescue teams in Slade, Kentucky, successfully located forty eight year old hiker Scott Hearn, who was missing for over two weeks on the Red River Gorge Wow. He was found near a cliff Saturday afternoon after searchers heard someone calling for help. According to the Wolf County Search and Rescue Team, he'd been hiking in the area looking for waterfalls. His family had last heard from him July fourth. His car was found July thirteenth, parked at the gorge. Once they had a rough idea of where to look, they initiated an extensive search using dogs and guided by information gleaned from his diary, which detailed the locations he intended to explore in the gorge. Then they searched a previously searched area, moving further north along a creek, where they found a shoe, a print, and evidence of a walking stick on a less traveled path. He was found dehydrated but alert and able to talk. Evacuated with the help of a Kentucky State Police helicopter.
Speaker 1: Two weeks. Can you imagine being out in the in the wilderness for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Just afraid, not naked and afraid not right?
Speaker 1: One of our sales guys here, different of ours, Norman Cleaver. He went hunting by himself at one point and if you don't remember this, but fell back and went up, breaking a leg, and no one knew where he was. Oh man, Yeah, and he didn't have self service. We'll get him on tell that story at some point. But two weeks. Wow, well done.
Speaker 2: I always wonder if you're wandering around for two weeks, how close you actually get to a road. Sometimes right, maybe it was just over the hill, and then you turn to one a different direction.
Speaker 1: And then you find out about it.
Speaker 2: Damn it, five more feet exactly, just on the other side of that tree.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to July sixth, the Santa Monica police officer was directing the department's drone back to the station from a radio call when he decided to survey the weekend crowd near the pier in nearby parking lots. As he flew over a lot one north next to the pier, he noticed a man wandering the lot. As the pilot watched, the subject approached an unoccupied parked vehicle, pulled out tools from his sweatshirt, and quickly punched open the lock of the driver's side door. The drone footage shows the suspected burglar break the lock of the driver's side door and then climb into the car, where he was for about two minutes. Then he left and broke into another car, where officers found him and arrested him. Wow using a drone.
Speaker 1: Wow technology, baby, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Can't you hear those things? Though? I mean, it's right above your head? Probably I think so.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm sure the CIA and other agencies have stealth drones. That's true, you know. But I tell you, technology, it's getting better and better. Baby.
Speaker 2: And earlier this week, a newborn baby was rescued from a dumpster outside of a Texas taco shop. EMS responded to the scene in southwest Houston, where they discovered the baby inside a bag, still attached to his umbilical cours. Oh my gosh, a passer, but I heard the cries and called nine to one one, leading to the prompt rescue. The baby, appearing to have just been born with wet hair and prune's skin, was wrapped in a blanket and survived the ordeal. Found to be in good health, placed in the care of Child Protective Services.
Speaker 1: The hell is the matter with people? Can't you go by any firehouse?
Speaker 2: In a Houston fire department said that if they're less than sixty days old, drop them off at a fire station or a hospital, no questions asked.
Speaker 1: After I graduated, my mom took me to a fire department, but they turned me down because you were more than sixty days old.
Speaker 2: Is the mental problem there?
Speaker 1: Mentally not so much? Well, Cops rocked, cops absolutely. Thank you to all the men and women of law enforcement and our first responders, as Dave Jennings honors the men and women every Thursday with Cops.
Speaker 2: Now, Becky and I are a good house guest. We leave the house cleaner than the way we found it. That's just how we roll. Not everybody rolls that way.
Speaker 1: On read.
Speaker 2: If people were asked talk about an unruly house guest you may have had. Here are some of them. My ex mother in law, so she had to pee in the middle of the night, but her son, my ex, was in the only bathroom, so instead of knocking, she got a glass out of the kitchen. Okay, went into the garage, yes, and squatted to pee in the cop Yet right.
Speaker 1: It's called two words, baby, pete tumblr. That's all you need. Why would you be a burden on your family, your wife, your dog when you could just use the patented Dwight Witten pete tumbler.
Speaker 2: But go ahead, date, I heard the garage door open and got up to see what was going on. It startled her. She spilled a cup of pee all over the floor. End herself.
Speaker 1: Okay, now listen, if it's a female.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like a funnel in the coup.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's exactly what I was gonna say. If you're a male, just get the patented Dwight Witten pea tumbler. Now, if you're female, I think of you as well. What you need is a padded dhit witten pea tumbler, but you also need something called a she wei. Ah she wei is a funnel that helps you stand and urinate like a man.
Speaker 2: In New Zealand they call him Kiwi si Wei's. A guest tried to light a cigarette to remove the smell. He left in the bathroom. Yeah, threw the cigarette inside the trash can in the bathroom. Caught on fire.
Speaker 1: No, no, just use the match, Yeah, exactly, go out the match and then people walk in. They smell a burnt match. They go, I know what you.
Speaker 2: Did, and there who you trapped off?
Speaker 1: The kids. You're trying to full allyways spray the horrible uh glade or something. Oh, and it just makes it worse.
Speaker 2: It's like pooh and roses.
Speaker 1: It's poopery.
Speaker 2: It is poopery. A relative of my husband stayed with us for a month while trying to get back on our feet looking for a job. She's a strange person. Did a few strange things, but the strangest and rudest was redecorating the guest room. She put up shelves badly by drilling huge screws into the wall, took a painting shoved it in the closet, then took a piece of metal art off the wall in the foyer what the hell, and hung it in the guest room crooked with the same crappy screws. What the wallpaper where she drilled got all torn and ruined. Then she had the nerve to be mad at me when I pointed it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Who does that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Bad house guests, Bad house guest.
Speaker 2: I was emptying your dishwasher, and I didn't really know where anything was supposed to go. So I went ahead and rearranged all your cabinets. What the hell in a way that made sense to me. I knew my mother and lost staying with us could be a problem, but this was a level I was not prepared for.
Speaker 1: That's just stupid, because obviously not all of your dishes are in the dishwashers. Just look where the bowls and plates are. Put them in that cabinet, right, yes.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and oh wait, this is a coffee cup. Let's find where the coffee cups are. No to south, put coffee cups here.
Speaker 1: That's not where I think the coffee cups need to be. That that's right, I'm gonna be living here for at least two days.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense that the coffee cups are two cabinets away from the coffee maker, so I went ahead and put them here.
Speaker 1: Hey, well you know what, I never thought about that, but the wit and score on that because our coffee cups happened to be right above the coffee maker.
Speaker 2: Once you decide which one to buy.
Speaker 1: Right, it's tough. It's tough decision.
Speaker 2: A guy from my high school stayed at my house a few years back. It was someone I wasn't really close with, but somebody that I knew, and he gave me a sob story about how the pipes in his house burst and he got everything wet, so we had to crash for the night. When he got to my place, I showed him how to use my fire stick so he could watch TV. Then I went to bed. I woke up in the morning to a bunch of emails from Amazon. Thanks for signing up for hbog, thanks for signing up for Showtime. He signed me up for a bunch of premium movie channel apps. Well good luck canceling.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, see that's why on my Amazon account or the fu. You know, I've got a code. Before they can me purchased. You have to punch you in seven seven three eight four. Damn it, Hang on one second? What change past Codeah? Amazon Prime account? Never mind, I've got a code that you got to punch you in order to purchase.
Speaker 2: I gotcha. Bad house guests. Okay, they pooped without flushing, no toilet paper, just one big poop. It It's happened three times now. It's my fiance's best friend. Fiance Yeah, oh, fiance's best friend. My fiance isn't like this at all. He's so clean, tidy and hygienic. I don't know how to broach the issue, but why would you want anyone to know you don't wipe your butt?
Speaker 1: What? And by the way, why wouldn't you Just isn't that miserable if you don't get to do that, if you don't finish that part, aren't you miserable?
Speaker 2: I would think so.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been camping and all your there's the only thing that like leaves or something.
Speaker 2: It's wow, just one long.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 2: We had a couple over for dinner. We had a good time, but they stayed and stayed at about midnight. They then asked where they should sleep. We lived in a small, one bedroom apartment and were puzzled, so we delicately asked them, why aren't you going home?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: They said, since we'd given them alcohol, they won't be able to drive four adults one bottle of wine six hours. Oh, come on, So I gave him a couple of blankets and pill that sleep on the floor. We did not invite them back again.
Speaker 1: Never, What are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: So you stay, and you stay four hours after dinner? You say, so, where are we sleeping?
Speaker 1: I might do that, just a goof on somebody. I like making people uncomfortable in situation.
Speaker 2: I know I've heard the stories.
Speaker 1: I think I might do that.
Speaker 2: I just keep saying, keep talking.
Speaker 1: So, where where is Susan and I sleeping?
Speaker 2: She hates that stuff. When I do that, I'm sure it's Susan and me, isn't it It's not.
Speaker 1: I don't don't care.
Speaker 2: You don't see grammar.
Speaker 1: I'm gronks, weep wear me sleep to day.
Speaker 2: Okay. Bad house guests. They said they had to vacate because of a hurricane and asked to stay with us for a few days. A week went by, and they were still there, eating all of our food and letting their kids trash our house. I finally asked them to leave, and they got mad. Turns out the hurricane didn't even hit near their town and the husband took a two week vacation. They were going to stay with us for two weeks without asking.
Speaker 1: First of all, unless I'm on vacation somewhere, I don't want to leave my house. Who are these people that want to sleep at other people's homes. It's uncomfortable for me, It seriously is for them.
Speaker 2: It's a hack. Here's how you get two free weeks in a vacation town.
Speaker 1: I'm uncomfortable with that. You think it's one thing, like when we go to Mexico, we have our own room and you know whatever. But man, I don't want to stay with anybody, even for a night.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This happened to my partner before we were together. Whatever, our mutual friends showed up at my partner's house in the middle of the.
Speaker 1: Night, in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Absolutely hammered. He then pooped his pants and threw him in the trash, then proceeded to steal a pair of my boyfriend's pants no underwear with a poopy butt.
Speaker 1: I like this guy.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend was asleep through all of this. He woke up the next morning to find poopy pants in the trash and a rogue poop somehow in the sink.
Speaker 1: Wow, this guy should run for president.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 1: Speaking of booby pants, Biden got wind that the candidate dropped out. Now he's going to throw his hat in the ring for president. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I was in pharmacy school, a student in the year above asked if she could spend the night at the place I was renting close to school so she could have a place to stay while taking up prep course. I agreed because I'd met her a few times and we were on friendly terms. It was a small place, one bathroom, which was basically in the living room area. So she went to pee but I never heard anything, which is fine, except when I went to use the bathroom, the rug in front of the toilet was soaked.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I guess she didn't want to me to hear her peeing, so she tried to do it silently, but ended up peeing all over the floor. Oh well, number one, everybody peas chicky.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on. She has a case there though, because the guy or who was a girl guy, I can't remember. I'm not sure as a girl as a girl was listening for the other girl to pee, right, Yeah, she said, I didn't hear anything, so she kind of had a case. But who cares if.
Speaker 2: You're pee, everybody hears your pee. Everybody pease, everybody pease, everybody poops. This person pooped in the shower bathtub and they didn't take a shower or a bath.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that? Is that behavior frowned upon? Now? It kind of is okay, Well, let me jot that down. Hang on.
Speaker 2: I walked in on her soaking her feet in my largest tupperware container. Ah. She wasn't even embarrassed. She said hi nonchalantly and kept soaking her feet. Oh my god, watching TV, I've never got that anyway.
Speaker 1: What is the deal with soaking feet?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, if Jesus does it to you that that's one thing. Yeah, he's washing your feet, that's true. Indeed, who wants to sit there?
Speaker 1: And I'll never understand it, but maybe there's maybe there's a reason behind it. Who knows.
Speaker 2: I hosted a big summer Solstice party. Who does that? I'm having a Thummer party.
Speaker 1: Actually, Summer Solstice doesn't start until July twenty third.
Speaker 2: Oh. One of our stuffs yesterday was a game stop. Yeah, and this guy was the poster guy for MURP. Actually, the uh drift is not the issue with these controllers. It's the TOUCHSCREENRP. I mean he was the poster boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you get my Summer Solstice card? By the way, I did, thank you, thank you, I mean every word on that I met from the hard Buddy last one.
Speaker 2: So Summer Solstice party. Great buffet mid party. This guy enters my kitchen, grab some tupperware containers, filled them with food, took them to his car, and then came back to the party. He was an attorney. We had a guy that brought tupperware from the newsroom years ago. I remember, and I'm good in line filled his plate and the tupperware.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about. Yep, yep, there you go.
Speaker 2: Pasta. Oh, people are gonna steal your food. If lots of pasta caters it. You need to do a buffet at the family sized Lazania's for about forty five dollars. You can feed ten people. I kid you, not ten people. The five different kinds of those, all kinds of family sized entrees at Lots of Pasta Louisville dot Com. Becky and I. She's awesome at making homemade pizzas. They have the colorflower crust. They also have the dough balls, sour dough, regular whole wheat. The roused pizza sauce is our favorite, but they have a bunch to choose from. The Carfena's kind of an old timey pizza sauce they have that. The key to it all, though, is the shredded fresh mozzarella cheese about two feet away from the rattlesnake cheese.
Speaker 1: Oh, listen, you want to perk up your breakfast? Two words, baby, rattlesnake cheese. Listen, I'll use it every single morning. You will too on your eggs if you like it to spicey. How about this baby, It's a Wisconsin cheddar. It's infused with tequila and hob and narrow. You want to perk up that breakfast, that hamburger, that sandwich, rattlesnake. She's from Lots of Pasta.
Speaker 2: Speaking of spicy, they have a great collection of hot sauces and salsas, salad dressings, and coffee from around the world. Get enjoy it in the coffee shop too, right there at Lots of Pasta in the heart of Saint Matthew's Lots of Pasta Louisville dot Com.
Speaker 1: Rolling on through this Baby Friday.
Speaker 2: I heard you blew it again yesterday. I'm reeling in the years.
Speaker 1: About one year and Courty Dnaho had it. God damn it. We'll do better this year, this today. Unless it's a sixties then I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh not yourself.
Speaker 1: Pull sixties stick around, Courty Donahoe is on the way. That means realing in the years with Dave Jennings, I'm Dwight Whitten in this his news radio eight forty whs ah. That's the sound right there, baby, reeling in the years. It's time for me to screw it up yet again. As Dave Jennings gives us the decade, Courtney guesses the year properly.
Speaker 3: And then I screwed up exactly exactly. And I was confident on living let die like seventy three.
Speaker 1: You were, And I started thinking, well, if it came out seventy three, either's production.
Speaker 2: The whole bit and you over thunk over.
Speaker 1: I'm an overthunker.
Speaker 2: You're an overthunker.
Speaker 1: I don't like that statue they got down at UFL the thunker.
Speaker 2: The thunker. Yes, he's been there a long time. He's an overthunker too.
Speaker 1: It seems like we've taken the thunk.
Speaker 2: But I know you'd think so, Hey, all these were tough.
Speaker 3: He's got the thunk.
Speaker 1: He's got the thunk.
Speaker 3: You gotta have that.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be sixties or nineties. Oh yeah, it's the eighties.
Speaker 2: These were all top twenty hits back in the day. This is Billy Squire.
Speaker 3: Who ruined his career.
Speaker 1: Oh boy with this videos rocked me tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was rocked me tonight.
Speaker 2: You're right, what a weird goofy video.
Speaker 1: Wait, this could be seventy nine. Maybe, I don't know, it's it's eighties, right, No, eighty eighty one. It's a early you know how.
Speaker 3: Why you know he was talented? Why was he banished so bad? I know that video was bad, but there were so many bad videos at that time.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but this one was particularly questionable.
Speaker 2: That it's really dumb. But there are a lot of very, very dumb.
Speaker 1: You know what that rocked me to? I it was a good it was a good song. It was the video.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Alan Parsons project.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're like eighty two or something. Yeah, I played Alan Parsons Project for song. She's like, it's very nice.
Speaker 1: It's time now for really in the year. So yeah, look at the clock.
Speaker 2: Hey, Corney, what's a pirate's favorite letter? R? No twas the sea? Yeah, okay, Alan Parson's not helping you. Here's the one of Courtney's favorite artists. Don't care Juice Newton.
Speaker 1: Oh yeahy with the.
Speaker 4: Queen Hearts, No one need it released Smarts The Only Food keeps.
Speaker 1: I'm like Earl Bliss, got like a seventies still to it. Still I'm liking eighty or eighty one? Yeah, can you hear that? Seventies still going on?
Speaker 3: I love this song. I used to we you'll be surprised about my background in country. Well, we'll do the course right now. Playing with the Queen of Hearts.
Speaker 2: I'm an acoustic guitar.
Speaker 5: Here did Joe great?
Speaker 3: The Only Food who do anything for.
Speaker 2: You're a half behind their court?
Speaker 1: Oh I am Yeah, you're doing just fine. I like Katie lady one on this one.
Speaker 3: Keep me away from you.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: You know we had we used to have this uh dance every year of a father daughter dance. It was a square dance, which is kind of funny for New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they used to play this all the time, and my dad and I would rock Carolina. Y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't see you, bet Joe.
Speaker 5: Why are you?
Speaker 1: Everybody else everybody else said, doc doing you?
Speaker 3: Look at you? Your partner?
Speaker 2: Here's George Harrison. This is no help for me.
Speaker 1: I have no idea here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought this was the seventies. So that's us some help.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, can you hand me that pete tumbler?
Speaker 2: Yep, you got it. Here you go, just don't drop it.
Speaker 1: So much better.
Speaker 2: We just did a list of horrible house guests Courtney and one of them the mother in law, because the bathroom was full, peed in a glass out of the cupboard.
Speaker 1: At least then spilled it in the garage. At least she went to the garage though. Yeah, she's not a barbarian.
Speaker 3: Oh no. The worst guest for me is, uh my old roommate friend fran Fran Fran is, Uh, yeah, she's she's quite a loud house guest.
Speaker 2: She's entertaining, but like a loud pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you just don't sleep.
Speaker 3: Because she's like up and she's loud, and she she goes to bedley, she wakes up early.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's yeah, wow, shocking.
Speaker 3: She lives in Connecticut, that's what and.
Speaker 1: All fairness, you are living in the city that never sleeps.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I like to sleep.
Speaker 1: See what this is?
Speaker 2: Kenny Rogers, Oh, oh.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him lately?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Song?
Speaker 1: He said, had so much work. His face kind of looks like a Barbie doll.
Speaker 2: He's dead.
Speaker 1: Dwight, Oh is he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Did you see him before he died?
Speaker 2: He says, I don't need you.
Speaker 1: There's no help for me.
Speaker 3: And the stroke do the chorus wait for the course because the course on this is very good.
Speaker 1: Is this the one where he goes every song goes the.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he woo woos, he woos yay, he woo Where does he?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Nobody did the woo better than Jeffrey Osborne. No, you woo woo woo should be in mine. There's a right there where there's a woo, there's a way.
Speaker 3: Oh here, this should be the chorus right now. See he has like that's the voice.
Speaker 2: Of Look at him hitting the high notes there.
Speaker 3: YouTube baby. He thought that's a chickod song. He can sing the telephone book.
Speaker 2: Let's hit the number one song twenty fifth back in the day, Air supply, I'm ocagen, he's nitrogen.
Speaker 3: My mother used to love listening to the One that you Love, and we would put it on tape and she would put it on repeat for multiple hours wherever we will go.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I know it's card me.
Speaker 3: That's why I am the way I am.
Speaker 1: The only one that's helpful to me is Billy Squire and Juice eighty one. I like Eddie one too.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, here comes the chorus, you know, Oh no, we go into another, Oh no, another verse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no.
Speaker 3: It's like we're not hitting the chorus yet we keep going breaths.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a song out of a musical heartbroken and can't reveal their feelings about the other person, and they stuck out on the stage by theirselves and they're singing to a tree or something nonsense like that.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it sounds like something in an Andreloyd Webber.
Speaker 5: Something round, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Huh loop to you?
Speaker 1: Oh god, we're way behind. I like eighty one. Let me get my dingy out because of Billy Squire here, I'm the one.
Speaker 3: That you love.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry soon as if you're listening. Courtney donaho has me so turned on with that singing. Get ready for it, baby, you're getting a little afternoon dwight when I go home, Baby, let's go any You can go with any anyone. Let's go with lock us in at eighty one, Dave.
Speaker 2: All right, the one that you love. Air supply was number one July the twenty fifth, nineteen eighty one. You guys got it again us okay?
Speaker 1: Do you're a stupid boring number? Stuff lady?
Speaker 3: Well. Wall Street traders are betting the Federal Reserve is going to be able to engineer a soft landing for the economy. We do see the down of two hundred points, the S and P five hundred little changed, of course, to bring back up the stroke the It's radio eight forty wha s Bloomberg Money Report. I'm Courtney Donahoe.
Speaker 1: Uncle Dave's got something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he does. What's up?
Speaker 1: We gotta get to the course, right, yes we do. Oh my mind, it's actually a remake no Blues song.
Speaker 2: Oh my ice coming passing my ice cream.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna get to the course. I want to get to my ice cream. Man in my life. Man, it's Mike and Rick from Bluebell. My favorite ice cream is in the studio. Hey, guys, say, hey, how you doing. It's good to see you both. Go ahead and get right upon those mics. But it was National ice Cream Day was Sunday. But in my defense, sure I missed it. But in my defense, it's still National ice Cream Month. So I to bring you all in because you all got some pretty unique flavors. Seriously, So Bluebell, it starts winning like nineteen thirty, I think, and it's just it's delivered by horses and then it's around. It's not until around nineteen eighty that you guys start branching out from Texas. Glad you did you got You're in Louisville, Kentucky. You can find them at your local retailer. But I want to talk about some of these new flavors because it's interesting the flavors that you all come up with. Well, first one, I want to talk about this A and W float. Growing up on Dixie Highway, there was an an W down on Dixie Highway and we would go there and get floats. And it's pretty damn good root beer vanilla ice cream. And now you got it all in one and one can Who wants to talk about this for a second? I will, I will come.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's uh.
Speaker 6: We started out with our doctor pepper Co Brandon last year and that was a great success, so why not the partner with A and W. And it's basically just our vanilla flavored ice cream with an W root beer flavor Sherbert swirled in.
Speaker 1: So it's just confused with it in there. Basically, I can't wait to tear into this, Dave. You got to help me because oh yes, it looks like they brought us a gallon. Uh okay, who comes up with these flavors? Because I got to think that would be.
Speaker 2: A hell of it?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 2: I think it would be one of the best jobs.
Speaker 1: Just wait, I'm just told it was Frank that comes up with us, So thank goodness for Frank. No, seriously, who comes up with with all these flavors? Is there a department? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Back in Brenham Texas. We have a great research and developed department receives flavor ideas actually from the consumers, families, friends. You can go on our website and you can submit an actual flavor yourself if you come up with an idea.
Speaker 1: So anybody can go to Bluebell ice Cream, get on the website and go. You know what, I got a great idea for you. Correct correct, Well, okay, Well then here I got a great idea for you.
Speaker 2: Here comes the tequila request.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, seriously, tequila lime ice cream. There you go, or maybe a Mama Bear Nos vanilla that sounds good, sound good? So seriously, though, you go into grocery stores frozen food section, you see Bluebell and you see all these flavors. You guys, you work in it. What's your favorite flavor or do you have one?
Speaker 5: My favorite flavor by far is the banana putting.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that one. Absolutely. There's not enough banana ice cream in the world.
Speaker 5: No banana ice cream with the flupe cream swirl as well as vanilla way for pieces. It's perfect.
Speaker 2: One of my favorites, by the way, is the Christmas cookies that comes out around holiday time. Little bits of sugar cookies and ice cream Oh so good.
Speaker 1: And you all have a you also have a no sugar added version too, we do. Okay, Hey, let me pitch you this tequila and lime ice cream. The blank faces. Uh, you just submitted online. I'm gonna submit it online, okay. But there's so many different flavors to choose from. You're gonna love your Bluebell. And from what I understand, it's it's handled by Bluebell employees only. It goes from the plant to Bluebell employees, straight to the retailer and then you guys, so it's never handled by anybody else. That's pretty impressive that you guys do it that way instead, just you know, manufacturing that whoever gets it, you guys make sure in gals that is taken care of, its ran to stre was properly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's something that we hang our hat on and we're very proud of our direct a store delivery system and we feel like we've mastered it.
Speaker 5: Over the years.
Speaker 1: Mike, do you have a lot of people that neighbors, friends and family that are constantly hitting you up for free ice cream? Because I find out whatever industry here and Dave and I wan radio, so obviously if somebody comes out in concert or we get helped non stop of concert tickets. Are people constantly hitting you up for free ice cream?
Speaker 5: Try to conceal it from the neighbors, but certainly family often asked for you.
Speaker 1: Drop it. You drop the big bluebellt van home, though, and here come the kids kind of follow you around, tugging on you like you're the ice cream man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes in stores, any little speaker and play the music in your car. Wather Dave.
Speaker 1: My mom always told me whenever you saw the ice cream truck playing music, that meant that he was out of ice cream. I'll tell you she was. Hey, listen, you're gonna love Bluebell ice cream. Get it at your your favorite retailer. Yes, and I don't even know how many flavors. Can you guess on that it's.
Speaker 5: Between thirty and forty Wow? Throughout the course of the year.
Speaker 1: There you go. Well, listen, thanks for coming in. Happy National ice Cream Month. Celebrate it with the best of the best, and that's blue Bell ice cream. And even if you I don't know, you get a scoop and you get it to an uncoordinated guy like me, and it falls on the carpet don't worry because zero Res Louisville is therefore your carpet, air duck, cleaning area, rug, you name it, and listen to this deal that zero Res Louisville has going on right now. If you use code Dwight Witten or whas, you gonna get fifteen percent off any of the services, including your air ducks. What are you breathing in your the air ducks that's the lungs of your home. Does it have pollen allergens? Does it have different dirden debris in it? Are you breathing that in? Let's get it cleaned out? Fifteen percent off that or any cleaning of a postery area, rug or your carpets, and they get them immaculately clean with their patented ZR water cleaning systems. You're gonna love your carpets and posters and aroducts after you get them clean with zero res. Schedule easy online at zero res Louisville dot com. Stick around News straight away on news radio eight forty w h A s