Speaker 1: One JRR Orlandos rock station. Let's in Taco. Good morning, it is time to check it out some of the latest technology news brought you by JRS. Pick your ticket Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happening at our Instagram page. If you're not following us on Instagram, even if you're like man, I don't do insta, I don't do all those social media things, it's good doing our Instagram because you can win a lunch of great Jarr concert tickets at one O one one WJRR.
Speaker 1: Let's look for the post from Klinger. He gives you some instructions on how.
Speaker 3: To enter and it's super easy. It is. It is.
Speaker 1: Not normally the time of year that Apple rolls out new products, but nonetheless they have heard the public's call and demand for a more affordable iPhone product, and they have now officially rolled out the announcement of iPhone sixteen E Taco.
Speaker 3: As it the easdam for expense.
Speaker 1: It's a cheaper, newer version of iPhone six Okay, the pre orders begin on Friday. Prices will start at five hundred and ninety nine dollars. There you go a relative bargain compared to the north of one thousand dollars price mark, which is price point which is common now for new high end phones. General purchases will be available February twenty eighth. Sixteen E reignites Apple's presence in a battle for the more affordable phone. Six point one inch old edge screen, edged edge design, eighteen chip processor with a six course CPU, forty eight megapixel fusion camera with integrated two times telephoto Apple Intelligence. On board battery life is six hours longer than iPhone eleven and up to twelve hours longer than all generations of iPhone se in different sizes as well, one hundred and twenty eight, two fifty six or five hundred and twelve gig.
Speaker 2: If you can give us that, why couldn't you just give us that when you gave us the sixteen hundred dollars one or whatever that Never I never gave in and bought it.
Speaker 3: But you know, phones will come in your choice of black or white. Pretty simple. That's what I think. That's what most people want.
Speaker 2: Just a phone that you know you can call, do email, do texting, blah blah, take good pictures, and you could do that for a cheap them out proven right here.
Speaker 3: Starting at six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's still not a cheap them out.
Speaker 3: No, it's what else we got happening here.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we all went to sleep tonight and just woke up and we were back to pagers tomorrow, just pagers.
Speaker 3: Do you remember your hey phone? Remember remember when you got your first pager? Oh boy, I'm hot stuff now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm gonna put that right here my hands pocket so all can see, and.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna page somebody boobs. Hey.
Speaker 1: I still remember, right, I still remember when packs and Communications brought us over at w D I Z and bring us all over, brought us all over here and brying us over, brought.
Speaker 3: Us over here. I misspoke.
Speaker 1: That was when I was introduced to both email and pagers. You guys had your Mountain Dew pagers going right when we came over, and you're like showing them on, like we've got pagers over here.
Speaker 3: No, it was a prize.
Speaker 2: It was out of the promotions department. We just latched onto a bunch of free pagers. That wasn't like that wasn't a packsing thing. That was just like, hey, they have these new things called pagers.
Speaker 3: Guys. Here's a free one. I'm like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, there's that. And then the email thing. I just I remember that was the That was the thing that they were so insistent on, like, don't use the phone. Just if you got something, you email somebody, just email them. Yeah, I'm gonna walk down the whole kind of no use this email.
Speaker 3: You may not pat, I don't care. Welcome to the building, right right. I know I'd be here thirty years later, but here I am. Knock on baby.
Speaker 1: Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy invited a team from SpaceX this week to tour the FAA's Air Traffic Control Command Center. The tour was to help SpaceX ascertain what current controllers like and dislike about their current tools and systems, and to perhaps envision how a new, better, modern, and safer system might be able to be developed. SpaceX has gotten pretty good at what they do with designing state of the art systems.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Their latest one was you said, landed in the Bahamas, the they.
Speaker 1: Put the booster down. But no, so I guess the Transportation Secretary is like, you know, maybe we have some some eggheads come in and take a look at our systems here. We've had these plane issues lately. Maybe they can offer some suggestions. So that's interesting. I mean, if you've got minds like that at your disposal, use them. Should least hear them out. Least hear them out. We have a bunch of listeners out of SpaceX. What's up, guys and ladies. Microsoft is the latest to debut it's first quantum computing chip, Majorna one. I won't get into the thank you, the weeds on what this is going to be capable. It's it's just the next step in where eventually things will be going with quantum computing.
Speaker 2: Taco which you left You lost me at quantum and I thought it was physics.
Speaker 1: It'll make any computer that any of us are using right now seem like a pager, probably not even that level once it becomes the norm everyone else. Finally, there's this this, This is encouraging France this week is they're one of the nations that has been really working hard on trying to make fusion electricity a reality. Good which this is really this is like really high tech, really deep stuff here. But the idea is more energy when it's successful, more energy is produced than is put in, Bigger output from a lower input and it's perpetual in nature, it just continues to create energy.
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: They ran a fusion reactor for twenty two minutes this week. Wow, so they're this is still way way off. Let me give you a little.
Speaker 3: I think you spelled it out perfectly right there.
Speaker 1: A single i am of hydrogen isotopes yields the energy equivalent of eleven tons of coal.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, more, you're using less to get more. That's great.
Speaker 1: So that's you know, that's encouraging. Everybody continues to debate what you know, big term, what's the what's the answer for the Earth's energy needs? And you don't hear fusion get mentioned a whole lot, but there are countries working on that and seeing that producing, even if it's just for twenty two minutes. Step in the right direction, and there's some of your tech news this week for tech it Outs. We hope you stick around because you know what's coming up at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh Linchin Taco's commercial free work day rock Bock a whole bunch of music
Speaker 3: Linchen Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app