Speaker 1: All right, remember when we were talking about our worst fears and mine with snakes and yours was being a grandmother. Really, I thought it was Lisa with a beard of bees. Well whatever, brace yourself, President Lincoln.
Speaker 2: You've come back and you got.
Speaker 1: Rid of that hat.
Speaker 2: You got my vote. Four finger discounted. Welcome to four figure discount where this week we here to review an episode that is a very divisive episode amongst the Simpsons community. Many hate it, slut few don't mind it. If someone loves it, No one loves it. That's the bands in the base of Danda. God, yes, this is one of those. Even it I had a girlfriend kind of like, no, no, no, that's not a episode. This episode here we're discussing off air. So guy, if you're a fan of the show, you know it does not like Simpsons Afari, right, And I thought it was gonna be fun episode. I loved when you were antibad Simpsons Afari. I don't think I despised it as much as you. This isn't an episode that made me angry. This is an episode that just made me think, what's the point? I was more just e I was different to it. I think when I gave my initial h I hated this. That was very That was a.
Speaker 3: Knee jerk reaction. It was very spur of the moment. We've had a couple of days to let it simmer it.
Speaker 2: It's always best to do that. Never watch it the morning of season twenty episodes, don't watch them in reviewing straightawait.
Speaker 3: Never go to bed on an argument. So as we talk about it, Well, I'm gonna explore my feelings. I'm gonna get deep down into my heart and soul about it. I doubt I'm gonna have like burning hot, molten lava.
Speaker 2: Hatred for it.
Speaker 3: I think it's just gonna be like your dad.
Speaker 2: I'm not so. I'm not so much angry as I'm disappointed. Yeah, it just felt like two stories. It didn't merge well together. I was really trying to shoehorn them in. And we've already had this story before anyway. In Monty Can't Buy Me Love from about season ten, where mister Burns was trying to earn the love of the people of Springfield because in the century billionaire arrived at the start, who I believe was based on Richard Branson and ends up going to Scotland and we meet Willie's family. He's trying to get luckness monster blah blah blah and lackness Monst ends up working with the Burns. See no et cetera, et cetera. This is just the same story, except this time we've got Mark Cuban, so it's like, okay, we're now going to have an actual guest star billionaires. We've got Jeff Bezos as well, which I thought was I get that you're not going to get any more. That's very true. It's old school Mark Bezos. Yeah. I was blown away, blown away when I saw that was actually Jeff crazy, which is pretty cool. But that story there was just so rehashed and dull and boring. And I'm so done with simp Burns. I want evil super villain Burns that everybody fears. Nobody fears Burns anymore, even the other billionaires they pick toss him over. He's a symp now, Yeah, he just needs even if he's not prickish, she needs to be kind of dickish. Yeah, because there's a difference, and he was slightly dickish in this by building not carry about the bees and things.
Speaker 3: But that's run of the mill stuff. That's boring, that's not that interesting. I mean, I prefer it when it's kind of smaller scale. I mean, we did a gun Springfield recently, which was I forgot the name of the episode, but it's the one that pays a much to the graduate.
Speaker 2: But it's Lady Boovie is like, get that.
Speaker 3: He'll get there, he'll get the reventure and yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Right there I was like Alliott climbing a wall. I thought, oh, don't do I help it. No, he'll get there. If he doesn't, he'll learn thanks, or he'll fall over flow on his ass. Yes, Lady Bouvier's love it. I loved how burns in that was. He had a bit of sort of vim and vigor to him. Was guy as I said, no need for the blow and gasket, Charlie. Arrogance. Arrogance, that's it. That's exactly what you And this is kind of like complacent. Oh I'm rich.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do about It's like his stuff we were talking about off air. We're not going to reltigate everything we were talking about before we started recording. But there's an old saying behind every great fortune is a great crime. Now I don't think that every billionaire is necessarily a monster, not everyone, but I think you've got to have a bit of mongrel in you if you're going to have that amount of zeros in your bank balance and just having like Rupert Murdock's in his notice is still fucking over his family, you're still messing around his kids.
Speaker 2: Is the ultimate hater. He is the real life Burns.
Speaker 3: And you know when you've made fun of billionaires and that in the past, Like again one of my favorite lines, I'm Rubert Murdoch, the billionaire tirant.
Speaker 2: This is just like, oh, the rich, they're just like us. They just want to have fat. It's like, no, no, they're supposed to be ruthless, scary man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this billionaire's camp or whatever. I know, it's the jug that's like, oh, it's like a summer game and they're just having fun. They should be monsters to one another, you know, they should be pantsing one another. It should be like really yeah, yeah, it should be like for Wall Street shit, yeah, or just like even the school yard bullies, but just ramped up with more resources and you know, less to lose, so they would just be absolute animals to one another. I think that'd be funny anyway.
Speaker 2: Sorry I've gone off track, but no, but that again, as we said, mister Burns, he's just he's not People don't fear him anymore, and that's the problem.
Speaker 3: No, And you know that maybe would have been a good starting point for this episode. I mean, there's many ways to fix this episode. But yeah, having mister Burns be like an old school billionaire or robber baron or whatever, and it's like, oh my god, there's this whole new generation of people who have made their money doing technology or whatever. I mean, what's the line about bad look for you? Founder of Facebook. It's like, we're not even riverind A mush and eight.
Speaker 2: So still in the early days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Facebook sort of came online in two thousand and eight or became at UNI.
Speaker 2: It must be about two thousand and seven ish. Yeah, I bought the social network on Blue Ray. Nicol brought it back from the UK. Nichola got back from so this is may not be aware. So Nichola has been in the UK for the last two and a half weeks between's I've been doing that Daddy dayka here. It's been crazy. But she brought back some Blue raes for me. Oh that's nice. Yeah, I know you want to give a shit about this, but short Circuit one and two. Johnny five is a I'm well aware of Johnny five and it's the I can't get. You can't end the sequel, you can't.
Speaker 3: Get it anymore because Fisher Stevens should not be playing in Indian That.
Speaker 2: Is true, yes, but they released it overseas. So I've got a copy of those two fighter the Navigatormember. I'm aware of it. I'd never go got that on Blu Ray as well.
Speaker 3: What are nostalgia bath you're enjoying?
Speaker 2: And do I have it there? You know the books? I got the Remember the Complete Guide of the Simpsons Family, those books that have all the episode reviews in them. You have seen a picture on the Facebook, Patroe whatnot. But I got the hardcover editions that I didn't know existed. I was like, I already have this book, but now I've got a hardcover edition. And I got the Phantom Menace Original Vinyl release two LP. Wow. It was very nice of Nichola to bring all this stuf back for you, nothing back with the kids, just for me. She she went there with twenty one kills and stuff. Came back with thirty one kilos bring me.
Speaker 3: That's true, and I'm like, I'm not going to fill Nichola's suitcase with the kind of shit that i'd want.
Speaker 2: I don't have to know this shit. But so before we get to the least of story here, so here the data household has been a bit of drama lately, right, So three things coming, three's they say. So first things first, is not yesterday, day before the day we're going to be going to the airport to pick up Nikola. Elliot's been smashed in the face of a cricket bat at school. Potential fractured.
Speaker 3: Before you get too worried, folks, it was a plastic cricketbaut That's still not great, but imagine it was a wooden crick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now I wouldn't about to ban at school. We considered a laid off. He's got a big fat face, so I'm not blaming, but I'm just picturing Dan see because of me, they have a warning. Yeah, exactly, that's Elliott. Now, yes, so Allie's name and as a kid, the reason to have a cokick about anymore. But anyway, so Ali got back in the face, he's fine, but yes, that happened. My dad has a car crash about an hour later, so he tried turned a corner, car cut the corner, bang hit my dad. Everyone was fine again, but you know, car crash inconvenient when you want to drive to the airport.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, I'm glad to hear that your dad's okay. People are not driving well these days. I was driving down Elizabeth Street, not the one in Melbourne, the one in Geelong. It's a bit of a dodgy side street. But people are coming out of the side so he's looking, not looking at all. I almost got cleaned up twice in the space like three minutes.
Speaker 2: I try to explain to Elliott about why it's hard to drive when kids are yelling in the back, and I said, because it's not necessarily I can still be doing the right thing and still have a car crush. It means I've got to watch other people doing the wrong thing. But pulling out of the car park in Safeway will worse the strand here and Gelong, I'm packing the street right, car reversed out of the car pup without looking. Women crossed in front of the walkway, just cut across in front of a car. Car went through the roundabout. I said, see Elliott. In ten seconds, you just saw three people do the wrong thing. Could have been bad accidents. It's just people are just not driving well. Where exactly out shake the fist or yeah, yeah he's got his busted job. Exactly, it does have his buster. And the third thing that happened is the Facebook page once again has been demonetized and our suggestion has been taken down, not suggesting our page for anybody, and I can't access my Facebook acount now for a week. I can't say messages to anybody because they saw a meme that was posted on our page with Ralph Wigham doing the I too, you choose you thing, except they said I want to snoop snooz snoo you Futurama reference that was deemed child sexual exploitation And basically our page is ruined once again, thanks algorithm. Yeah, so that's why you're not seeing anything posted on the page. If you're looking for messages from me on Facebook one, not posting the page your own group. I can't access Facebook at all. I can't do anything. I appealed it. They sent me to a department or to that department. I said, what are it on to us for you to go to this department? I looked in that one. I said, you need to look into Facebook to be able to do that. I can't log into Facebook because they won't let me. They won't let me log into it. We weren't.
Speaker 3: Angry at Mark Zuckerberg. We were angry with no Ucker because of this episode anyway. But yeah, this is just making things worse.
Speaker 2: It's just bots, bots, bots making decisions and not actually looking at It's a fucking Simpsons meme. I didn't get a warning. It was just we've taken down your meme. Child's sexual exploitation is the worst thing you could do on this out on this app your band, I went, you have to be kidding me, have to be kidding me. I've seen animals getting tortured and people are getting assaulted and shot, all these videos on Facebook. No, no worries, brother, no worries, no worries at all. That's fine. A meme with Rolf Wigham. That's child's sexual exploitation. We're we're going to sort it out. Or yeah, doing my best, but that will be back on line soon enough. That was my twenty four hours. Four hours, I was like, I had a headache, I'd get a little bit of a cool So I'm doing my best to try and resolve that. So I apologize. Yeah, But another reason why he should support the show by a being supported on Patreon, because that's another avenue of money gone out the window.
Speaker 3: I no, twenty four hours only Jack Boo has had it worse than down.
Speaker 2: Though he has indeed, Yes, the birds and the bees. The other story here for this one was that Lisa, we've got the burns, now we've got the bees. Yeah, Lisa has the story where she's trying to save the bees, and the entire episode I'm just sitting here thinking, So it's a acknowledge that it's a global epidemic or epidemic, pandemic, what would you call it? Emergency? Emergency? Right, all the bees around the world are dying and they can't work out why, and Lisa Simpsons seems to be the only person who gives a shit about this. No one. Frink's trying to help homes joining him because of whatever. He's giving her a lift, but no one cares. She's the only one to She's saving the bees of the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lisa being the only one who cares is something I can buy. It tends to be a bit of a trope in the Simpsons. It's like, doesn't anyone else care about it?
Speaker 2: I mean in Springfield, I'll get it, but acknowledging that it's a global thing, that's it was just the bees of Springfield. I can get people of spring for douchebags, horrible people, I get that, But no one else around the world's helping. So this the fate of the global bees relies on Lisa. That's true.
Speaker 3: This is the this is the good opportunity to get some high profile nerd scientists in to say, well, Lisa, the problem is blah blah blah. You know, it's like when Paul McCartney is schilling his vegetarian sausages or whatever. You and I when we were talking about this before we started recording this episode, I mean, I did my little soup, by the way, that's what it was, lental souplenttal souper swat had. Wow, that's right, because I saw the other day with our poo going it's the backwards yeah, because she eats. She needs a hot dog. Like everybody knows I'm glad you're happy with my Hey, someone's in trouble. I'm glad you enjoyed my tofu hot dog.
Speaker 2: Yes, what are you saying? Only like six times the salt? Yes, that taste gonna come from somewhere. That's correct taste. Where are you? Yeah? But the just of it was yeah.
Speaker 3: But Lisa is the protagonist. She wants to save the bees. Burns is the antagonist. He doesn't care about the bees and he's only in it for himself. Okay, so there you got your your your conflict, the essence of drama also comedy. Your B plot b plot is Homer wants to help out Lisa, but the same time he realizes Mike can make a bit of money off this with honey or something. And you know it ties into the A story as well.
Speaker 2: It's a sugar story.
Speaker 3: It's the sugar story essentially.
Speaker 2: You know, if you had a rehash a story, rehash that one play back the hits so like Dandy looked at me like I was a genius, Like, wow, you just bexs it.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah, I did. So, instead we get this, which is just a misbegotten all over the place mess that so.
Speaker 2: Is it now that there's no honey bees in the world anymore, it's all African killer bee killer bees. Is that it? Now? What's the go I have no idea. I don't know, and I mean, it's just it's I wasn't furious at this in the sense that I didn't none of the characters felt that they were really out of character here. And it wasn't being a jerk or that kind of thing. It was just I'm watched this going I don't see why this episode is being made. I don't see a point to it rather than other than just so the writers can say, we got to talk to Mark Cuban.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and sometimes you don't need a point, sometimes you just need laughs. Yeah, this didn't really have that many laughs either. But it's true they got Mark. They got Mark Cuban on board to provide a bit of color, and I never.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The other guest's favorite moments is empty. I just look like Trivia favorite moments nothing, And that was a stretch. Let's get the favorite moments you start.
Speaker 3: But the other thing is they had Cuban, who was He's relatively well known, he's on Shark Tank. He's worth a couple of billion or a few billion, or maybe.
Speaker 2: At the time he was very known for being there. But he's also Bill. He went in the boxing team, but byas basketball team.
Speaker 3: He gets he gets the line's share of the guest star stuff. There's another billionaire there who gets one line and gets made fun of. It's daddy, Jeff. It's big Jeffy b Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nowadays is Amazon wasn't the global thing it was now in NTE.
Speaker 3: No, it was just like, wow, this guy's done pretty well running a bookshop.
Speaker 2: Good on him. Yeah, Jeff, you go son, And now it's like, ah, he owns James Bond. Now sorry, as we record this episode, the news has come out that the longtime producers the James Bond franchise have basically said, we're stepping back. They threw too much money at us, and now Amazon owns James Bond. The last time Amazon bought a major and beloved franchise, it was Lord of the Rings. They turned it into The Rings of Power, which I believe no one watches. I didn't know it was even out. Yeah, So there we go.
Speaker 3: Let's get to a tribut or favorite moment Favorite Moments.
Speaker 2: This will be short and sweet.
Speaker 1: My favorite.
Speaker 3: One of my favorites was I'm normally not a grandscaper Willie guy, but I did enjoy his life and when he's showing off his his beehives or whatever, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: You were an apres.
Speaker 3: Well from context, I can tell that man's bee kipper just for the audience, but also I mean it's a good way of doing the explanation, but putting in the mouth of someone like Willie, who well, from context, I thought that was actually not a bad game.
Speaker 2: The other.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big van of grand scaping Willie. I am a big fan of Mayor Quimby. I did enjoy We don't what is it? We don't have daycare today? The men, I don't know who that guy you're leaving your kids with is. You throw that into into a golden ear and that's.
Speaker 2: A great line. That's good. So those were guys favorite moments. I'm looking through anything. I'm sure I'll get to it as we are going through the episode. I like that would have been one of my favorites. Trivia, let's go tri next question you there eating the beaste. My first question for you is who does Burns hit at the food fight? He says, take that. So founder of Facebook's one of them, Oh gosh, and the other one is actually named somebody who's no longer with us. Very pivotal to the wrestling industry in the nineties. Oh gosh. Okay, so I owned a TV network. Yes, that's right, Ted Turner. My first question to you, what is Marge's greatest fear? Ah, So it's not not having grandchildren? Yeah, yes, because ever being a grandmother? Yes, a grandmother, yes, which I thought was very suitable for Marg. Yeah. My next question for you is what are the names of the bees on the gravestones? Which I thought was a nice visual gig, A nice visual gig that I did not pay attention to. So we had buzz Org, we had B Arthur b e e Arthur, Gordon, Sumba Sting must be Sting yep, yep, B B King, B B King, Susan B Anthony and Joe Seinfeld A the gred of of course B movie who he was to be? Indeed, who was the female lean was that Renee Zelweger? That seems right. Let's have a little B movie cast. What a random thing for Joe simthing that just made a movie about a B here's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was Zweger. Yeah, yeah, he's got this sitcom. There's long running sitcom that's regarded as kind of like the apex of modern sitcoms and a bit of a game change in a lot of ways. And when he makes movies, he make b movie and he makes Unfrosted. Yeah, yeah, that weird comedy for Netflix. So strange money true, Well, you know, new hair don't come cheap.
Speaker 2: How good was that thing I sent to you? Or shows you, David? You haven't checked out Larry David just I don't know who it is. Cole. I think the guy's name was. He's like just to oppose in this slow version camera Larry dads like Garcia Letter. It's the most curby enthusias and loadered everything you'll ever see. And he's just here is my hero, just not not bowing down to the bullshit of modern content creator. It's like, I ain't doing this shit.
Speaker 3: It's lovely watching Dando get old and grumpy in real time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just really is, like you know, it's just it's a slow washing. You just get to a pose in it. And Jerry Siper seemed like he was down for it. Larry David's like, yeah, fuck, I got signed by money and curb money. My favorite part of the whole bit, though, is when he bobs him off. It's when he goes, I'm cold by the way he goes, Okay, Hi, I don't care, but yes, what's what's going on here? Yeah? Anyway, I really enjoyed it. My next question for you, Well, that's your question. It's time for my question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mardy Burns is on the cover of which issue of Collier's magazine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Idea?
Speaker 3: It was December nineteen forty three, forty three.
Speaker 2: And my final question is who was the first scientist in the phone book? Oh, it's not Aaron and somebody ables ableman. Yeah, was closing. I do three more questions, but let's we'll just do one of them. Pick your best one. Better be good.
Speaker 3: Move The basketball is from where?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You have to go back to ketch. You can't kit You can't where is ketch? You can have no idea? How did you spell it? Okay? Catch you can't now K E T E no, sorry, you can't k E yeah T C H I K A N I A ketch. You can't okay, ketch, you can't is a city in Oh? It's in Alaska. Oh. I did not expect it to be Alaska. I'm guessing that Mark Move was an Inuit. Or it is a city in the borough seat of Kitchen can Gateway borrow. Yeah. Revel Gito, revel strokes, revel Gito, that are there? What is that? Revel Edigado, Revelgigido, revel Jegado, island of Alaska. I did not expect to be Alaska. I'll give it. That four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking sci Fild and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com. Slash four figure discount. It's stone kind of shot out. Time for our review of the Burns and the b Starting with the incredible Katieg with her one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, Katie, You're an absolute champion and we love you here at the four figure discount Network. Also our man Andrews swanymis One, thank you so much for supporting us here at fourigur discot and keeping the lights on, keeping things running over at our four fingerit discamp discord channel, which can get access to for free, but we also get access to a bunch of exclusives on there as well. We're being a supporter of ours on Patreon. Also shouts to the following Stonecutter Patreon producers Paul Warner, Isabella Murphy, Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Devi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bella Winterer, Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath applebe Adrick McLeod Lewis Cavana, March Eleven, Rhys Roberts, Ginger and Piggle, Preston Murray, tala Enriguez, Jake Mersado, Declan Foenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellyer, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe, Riaden, Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Glenn Gomezkeavin Lane, Damie Miller, and Charlie Joe. Now, with it being the last review of the month, we also need to give shouts to the following people who joined the four Fingered Discamp family on Patreon on the five dollar plus tiers. We have Stephie Lee, John Played himself, Ed b Shara, Luise, Brady lund S, Donkey Duncan, Naim Ahmed and meow Doogle. Thank you so much for joining the family. We'd love to have you on board. Those people very pivotal, aren't they. I We need more of them now that Facebook screwed me every once again. Absolutely, you guys are the life blood. The reason we're able to do this show is because of you guys. So please continue to support us. If you can supportus for as little as a dollar, please do.
Speaker 3: If Dano's ever going to become a Mark Cuban style mover and shaker, we need all the help we can get from you good people. Yes, I'm content to just live in it, you know, living a hut like Mechmu.
Speaker 2: Support your pals, Guy Dando. All right, So the original air date of The Burns and the Bees was December seventh, two thousand and eight, which makes the intro even more questionable because we discussed off air they use the Christmas intro for this, right, Yes, for an episode that's not really Christmas y not it's not Christmasy at all. Next, and didn't at Christmas time? When did the next episode air? Was the last one before? Hey, you're the one of the compete looking Yeah, oh okay, so the next episode of air was January twenty fifth, two thousand and nine. That was last episode of air before Christmas? Is why I guess they did it? Maybe it's well, maybe that's why I'll give them this. Maybe that's why they didn't do a Christmas episode because it wasn't gona airing at Christmas time. Why there was such a gap, It's puzzling. That's six weeks. I'm confused. At the best of time. Seven December seventh, two thousand and eight to January twenty fifth, two thousand and nine, there was no episodes. That's like, it's like two months. That's like a two month holiday. That is crazy. I'd love that. There's gotta be a reason for it. I don't know what it is. But anyway, that's that would explain why they threw it in. There also means that I have to they did animate a new couchcag what I guess just because it was their way of having a Christmas moment without having Christmas episode. Maybe who knows? Not that important? Uh the y so there was that. The original production code was kab F two one, written by Stephanie Gillis, who I believe is the wife of al Jean, not only any Brandy points of Algene. I'll be this week. Sorry, Al. She listens, she's her, Yeah, the wife of al Jeane. Everyone's like, this doesn't make any sense. Someone going to tell Al tell him?
Speaker 3: And we just had to keep the things we wouldn't.
Speaker 2: The episode is no, no, no, no no. I just wanted to see how much I Love You has the weapon kids good episodes. The answered by Mark Kirkland, a longtime director of the show. We're going it's only bad about Mark Kirkland, as well as the balance things out chootball game. Jesus is not mad, his birthday is on Christmas and the couch the family in Christmas at Tire sits on the couch and the camera pulls out to reveal they are reflected in a Christmas ornament which is on a Christmas tree and Sanders little help on Snowball resting nearby. So Christmas intro. Last time this intro was used was Kill Gill one on two, which was I also another Christmas episode. It wasn't really Christmas episode, so it started at Christmas and then he just lived with them forever.
Speaker 3: Remember what are they going to get Christmas time? That's Simpson's A's.
Speaker 2: Cube for the first twelve or so seasons, I actually had that many Critis episodes. Think there's like three maybe yeah. Interesting anyway, So the episode kicks off with what mister Davis, Well, they're at the billionaires. Came on the plane on the way they're two minutes. Oh okay, fine, there's just that way of saying the billionaire. The billionaires retreat and it's a place for sophisticated conversations, and it cuts to them just you know, horsing around, fight and skinny dipping and just billionaires doing what you wouldn't expect him to do. That's the joke.
Speaker 3: These are the jokes, folks. Yes, but it's very much akin to your traditional summer camp shenanigans that were used to from various movies and TV shows.
Speaker 2: I do find it interested in that Zuckerberg is just known as the founder of Facebook at this point, because that they would have thought if we said Zuckerberg, no one's going to know who that is. When did the social network come out two thousand and I don't want to say ten. No one really knew Zuckerberg as we know him until that movie came out and anything. I think that that made him a character. Almost Tom for MySpace is very good at making himself known. It's Tom for MySpace.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the one good billionaire because he took the money and ran good on him.
Speaker 2: I mean even Bezos. At this stage, it's kind of like it.
Speaker 3: It feels almost like a bit of an inside joke that they're naming him and may Mark Cuban's got a higher profile, mainly because he put himself out there a lot. But Cuban was kind of like you look at early footage of him and he's kind of a dorky, and he's carrying a little extra weight, and you know, he hasn't got the fully shaved head. He's just yeah, he looks like he looks like want of white pre Heisenberg. He kind of just looks like, you know, he's wearing that chinos and a shirt that's just you know a little bit too it's one size too biggest, Like I don't know if I'm going Artie Zif.
Speaker 2: He's a little Artie zifi ish. Yeah, obviously he does, probably does have the arrogance, but Ardie's if is very much John Lovett. He's very here where I feel like Bezos always had that vibe of he's going to do something. You know it's going to be good. He's just waiting for him to do something, and it was Amazon, But here he's tread almost like the Millhouse, isn't he Yeah he is, yeah, but we'll get to him. We'll get to him. Wasn't name, which I thought was interesting because last week, it was just last week when they had Steve Mobs on the job, so that.
Speaker 3: It's almost like the Simpsons and maybe society in general, so like testing the waters, going how much fun can we make of these guys? Because they they could very easily destroy us all. Yeah, so they're just sort of will, oh, well, can we make fun?
Speaker 2: Except it's not really you, and it's it's kind of a tribute as well. It's part of the fun. Yeah, and this is just was it his pants or no, he spilt his apple juice or something. He says, yeah, but we get the montage here of them playing archery of diamonds playing quidditch. Yeah, I think says two thousands, like a quidditch reference. Yeah. I wonder if kids now have any idea what this would be. I think something is Harry Potter still a thing? It was Harry Potter, I think because the parents who grew up with it are now getting their kids into it. I think so to some degree. I think it's just a cycle of that's the same with the Simpsons. Well they do it. So there's kids. There's people who are twenty now who have no passion for the Simpsons at all because they didn't watch television. Television wasn't a thing for them growing Oh sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw something on social media the day where some guy was talking about do you know that Chris Farley is an OL character?
Speaker 2: Matt Foley? You do rather be living in a van down by the river? Fantastic?
Speaker 3: This guy said, I was on like a training call with a bunch of twenty somethings, and I sort of did a Matt Foley thing about living in a van by the river.
Speaker 2: You know, I like Matt Foley. I'm like, no, I don't know it.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I played by Chris Filey. They didn't know who Chris Farley was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can get that. Yeah said like right a nowother song about Chris Faalley. People, who's Adams Sulder? What's up Gilmore? What's Billy Madison? Well that'll all change on Happy Gilmore Too comes out on Netflix? When does that come out? I don't know. It's in the what do you call it? Thing? It's worth the weight. I feel like I'm I haven't tended neffix On for a while and never I feel like I'm getting more excited for having him more to the closer it gets. At first I went, it's just going to ruin my love of the first one. But no, maybe we'll see. Because Adam Sandler's running it. I have I believe in the Sandman, of course. I just he's churned out some ship, you know what it is. He's got his thing and he does it well well yeah, and he's just he's and.
Speaker 3: He's universally beloved. He's the one you can't not like Adam Sandler. He got Jack Nicholson out of the house. Yes, SNL fifty, Yeah, Nicholson doesn't leave.
Speaker 2: The house, but he came out for the sad man. Yes, Adam Sandler like he what a lord? Yeah, what a lord. Come on the show, Adam Sandler. We'd love to have you forever. Praising Adam Sandler, but he was fantastic. That's enough. Fifty wanted to throw it out there.
Speaker 3: Indeed, indeed rewinding just a little bit, talking about Harry Potter. They want to bring clearly want to bring Harry Potter to a whole new generation because they're about to reboot it for the TV.
Speaker 2: Did you not know this? Have you heard of this? No? No, I haven't. Yeah, they were so I did the loop with news at the moment, I've forgotten exactly what you call it these days.
Speaker 3: But Warner Brothers, HBO, Discovery whatever they w d WBD. They made the movies of course back in the day, and they're like, yeah, we're going to do the novels all over again but the TV, and we're going to lengthen them out a bit, you know, explore the.
Speaker 2: Material a little bit. So every books a season could well be something like that.
Speaker 3: But they've already started talking about casting. Apparently John lithg Gower was in the running.
Speaker 2: Oh I did see that. Man Radio and Mike shared something about that, and I was like, what is this? John Sku has double die okay whatever, And he wasn't a fan. I was like, I love John with Gow, He's good and everything. Did Radio Mike say what John? I'm pretty sure Radio Mike said John can't buy him as Dumbledore. And I'm like, John can be bought as anything, sir, I'll double check. I don't want to credit a man ready and Mike and a man Radio Mike, what's look? You had to double check that guy is serious, just quietly feeling all right. So I'm scrolling down here following you on social media. By the way, at its Radio Mike our pal here at the show. Yes, he's reshared it. He says, I'm a big fan of John with Gower, but to me, this is a wrong casting. You're half right, Mike, You're right to be a big fan of John Lithgow. Am I personally it's actually pretty good casting.
Speaker 3: So I agree to disagree. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Let's just get that many and I love John Lythgow, so I'm then the thing's gonna get me into Harry Potter things. I've never seen any the movies, never had any of the books. John Gow is the man. Absolutely, it's a good way to get in. Yes, indeed, all right, so we'll have to talk about Harry Potter. That's yep. And what was the final thing that other went for a big skinny dip, Yeah, in the water. Then we'll cut to the school and Bart has changed the women's toilet to men toilet. This just felt very very two thousand and eight. Well felt it felt very two thousand and eight. It felt very Season one gag, but just doing prank. Yeah, and a really sort of low level, low scale, low steaks prank. Yeah. I didn't mind it. It wasn't necessarily funny, but it just felt very simplistic, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Predated bathroom, the room for me whatever. Women scream. Then Jimbo draws, there's them to go to the bee's nest or the second gradert, isn't it. Yeah, well I use the what is the sling shop? Oh? Yes, doesn't just shoot because it's over the second grades. That's right, Dad, to shoot the bees hive, so it falls into the second graders. Kennie then reads that the transcription because he says, what do you say? Blah blah blah. The bullies are just pointless to me these days. They're again like burns. They're not. They beat up guys occasionally, but they're seen as idiots now they're hit morons.
Speaker 3: Their hips ratio is uh yeah, a little, a little skewed.
Speaker 2: I mean, what was the one they had the other day where it was the episode where it was Basher and was last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wow, it seems so long go. We did do a guy on springfut in between, but yeah, I mean occasionally come.
Speaker 2: Up with a good line. But yeah, they're not bullies. They're there to provide a threat. The kids don't seem to fear them, and in a way they used to in the first ten seasons. It's just they'll beat you up. But you know we can outsmart them quite easily. You know, they're not not terrifying anymore, that's right. Yeah, but he dares, he puts a dare placed on his nards, so he uses the thing shot. But but he's the thing shot to shoot the beehive. It falls down onto the second grades at Lisa jumps on. It's like someone dropping on a grenade, and she realized there's no bees in there, like Captain America would. Yes, and then realizes that all of the bees are dead. Really says that all over the world they will die. No and knows why and yeah, shows us the little graves of all his bee friends. Blah blah blah bah blah, as I said, acknowledging that it's around the world. So wi is Lisa the only one it seems to care about this? But move on.
Speaker 3: It's over something we're really thinking about that much anymore. I think we've got bigger problems in all honesty, I mean, the bees are kind of important to the ecosystem general. It was certainly around this time. I'm trying to remember when the m Night shymal And movie The Happening came out. Do you remember that one and eight?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Two thousand and I want eight? I'm going to say two thousand and eight. I think it was around this time.
Speaker 2: Happening was two thousand and eight. There we go, we got five. How do our brains know that? Ship. A lot of you asked me what I have for breakfast yesterday. I can't tell you that. I told you the happening A movie I haven't seen well year it came out. It's just got a tours. Jesus brains are weird, man. It's true and it's a bit of a it's a bit of an odd movie that happening.
Speaker 3: But I think one thing people remember about it, if I remember anything about it, is that Mark Wolburg plays this science.
Speaker 2: Teacher and his wasn't much happening in There wasn't much happening, not much happening.
Speaker 3: But his opening scene is him talking to his science class about don't you guys worried about the bees? See how do you mother for me? Why did you turn into Jimmy from South Park?
Speaker 2: It was Roves catchphrase, remember how do your mother for me? At the end of every show, rope would say that rapid manas that's true, how do you man for me? I'm rapid manis how do you mom for me? He just fell off the face of the earth, didn't he? I mean, he's but it's just you were. You were the thing. You were like the peak of Australian television, and then you went to try and do your American thing and you never recovery. It's like, yeah, we got a bunch of you guys, Yeah, yeah, we got all the Jimmy's we need. We don't need a rove. It just didn't work, and that was it. Everyone went, oh, you took you for rest. This day you get to America, do you Oh you fucked up? Were fine? Go on breakfast ready or never.
Speaker 3: Have fun with that with you know some young lady from the Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: A random reality show. Yeah, anyway, Rupe Madace, everybody.
Speaker 3: Good times, great classic hits we're talking about. Oh yeah, because yeah, Mark what we were saying in this happening it's.
Speaker 2: Like, you guys worried about the bees. You know, you need to be worried about the bees. So yeah, in two thousand and eight was a time when we were all worried about the bees. Now we're worried about AI. Yeah, there's no point worrying about it's going to happen. Just oh, it's already happened. Just just roll the punches, people. Yes, indeed, this show was brought to you by AI, but we just spoke every word into a machine once and it's just churning these podcasts out for us. Save there's a lot of time. I saw Hagerzara had a big thing about AI recently because the Simpsons have so many episodes. Now, did I send that to you? Well, he was talking about We're talking to him with Jim Cummings on the tun Nim podcast, but the New York Times just seemed to have claimed it we were the first TI to talk about AI, and I'm like, yeah, I'm pretty sure we were the first one to talk about it with the tank. But anyway, it's true though, you can literally make Sims episodes now without humans because there's so much dialogue out there. It could make it. This podcast has brought to you by one hundred percent human being, human beings who need money, who need to eat food and keep a roof over their head. They go back to the retreat and everyone's in bed, and then net Worth is going up, but cheats and the numbers yes, yep. Then we're all telling ghost stories about the SEC. I believe arriving on an answer and the call from the SEC was coming from inside their own brokerage house.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bezos wees pants, I.
Speaker 2: Did not those apple juice from before I falled. Hey raised a million dollars and to sweetened the butt. The assistant Smithers. If you lose me, sir, may I say what an honor it's been to bits don't talk, they see and raise mm hmm. Well, if we're betting people, I got a whole herd of them.
Speaker 4: My professional basketball team, the Austin Celtics.
Speaker 2: They're hardly worth as Smithers. But we don't have all night. Can you beat nine high damn eight high two on a basketball team? Do they take good care of him Burns?
Speaker 4: Don't let the forwards mix with the guards, and if they're acting sluggish, slip some steroids into their Colcaine.
Speaker 2: Lisa is, I'm telling Homer about the bees and Homers just being a joke for a second, being a joke season twenty Now, who's going to stin me? When I walk all over this? And it's just what she's going. We just don't know who Homer is anymore, do we. I can get behind Homer being annoyed because it's like, why am I worried about bees? You know?
Speaker 3: I mean initially be like, but a bee stunny?
Speaker 2: Once?
Speaker 3: When I stepped on it, or you know, a bee bit my bottom now my bottom's big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a flashback. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: And then you know, just being the voice of stupidity of like why should I care? And they're like, well, you don't get any hate what then he becomes an activist the next line.
Speaker 2: For me, they doubled down on it. Just it felt very unhomeerish when he went for Howers, the painted horse of the plant world. Am I that's nothing Homer would never say that the planet? So that that's that's such a that no one would ever that is such.
Speaker 3: A made up that's ripped off. That's ripped off from a movie called With Null and I, which almost universally beloved by Generation X and indoor kids like myself. It's about these two actors in London the United sixties. One of them has this very flamboy and gay uncle who's flowers essentially prostitutes tarts for the bees or something along those.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, so that's what now.
Speaker 3: Whether they're paying tribute to that or they just ripped it off, I don't know, but it doesn't really sound you just made the It's not something I would imagine Homer saying and even when Homer says stuff that seems in congress or out of character, Yeah, okay, his whole bit, that whole wonderful bit about he wants it all the you know, the dizzy highs, the crushing loans, of the creamy scents, all cant of stuff.
Speaker 2: That's your favorite catch lads of all time. Love it, love it, love it, love it. That really works, So those lines can work. This one just did not it just if it felt very forced at least then the matages a world with no honey and just Apo apocolytic. Just word's gone to ship much not mad Max honeyl blah blah. Yeah. And it was a Homer envision, its home vision because it gets WALLI yeah, because Wally Get is put into a turn to a cube. Yes, another two thousand and eight reference from two thousand and eight. I reckon it was. I'm gonna say two thousand seven, I almost say seven. Now let's say seven. I'm feeling seven. I'm gonna say I roll it all those guys lucky seven. I'm gonna say seven. I'm gonna say seven. Two to day. I should have stayed with it, should it go like, I changed my mind. Don't you hate that?
Speaker 3: In the rare occasions that, well, you're a gambler, you're a gambling man. I can tell those rare occasions.
Speaker 2: I never bet money on anything. I never gamble, honestly, never get I don't play that. I play more Chili peaking machine wants with Nicolai, and that's it.
Speaker 3: I'm too much of a cheap scat as well.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I like to make I bet it, but it actually bet money.
Speaker 3: I will every once in a while, when you know, when the jackpot is something like huge and insane, it's like, okay, I'm gonna throw twenty bucks Powerball.
Speaker 2: If I could win forty million. Oh no, when you want, because you just won't reply to my messages anymore, there'll just be less. How good would it be? They'll just be subscribe? How good? If you do podcasts and you don't have to do not I feel like I have to do this podcast, but it's just this is my livelihood now, right, and I love doing it. It's my passion, it's my dream. But been able to do it and know that it doesn't matter if people are gonna support you or anything like that, it's just you're doing it and you get to do it because you love it, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: When your wife's like when you made this month, I'm like, I don't know, Oh my goodness. You're the one who went to English No Blue business class. I haven't been that shit up anyway, you're wallied. Yeah, we come out in two thousand and eight, so it did. Indeed, Yes, four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in ad free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Scifild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com. Slash four figure discount. So then they go to see Frank.
Speaker 4: See these red dots. This bee has been felled by bee measles, or as I call it, beesels.
Speaker 1: Animals can get sick.
Speaker 4: I'm going to talk to the girl from now on, you're the nerd. What we need to do now is find enough uninfected bees to start a healthy colony. This pheromone should attrack them.
Speaker 5: Marry me and I'll support you for life.
Speaker 4: You're not a bee les thing is useless.
Speaker 2: Wants to marry him a support him for life, and he's like danno can relate, yes, and he says, you're not going to be This is useless, so he's not interested in the woman. Then they find an unaffected queen bee on Lisa, and the coloniest surround Lisa's face, and she now she knows the crazy bee girls. It's just like Grandpa when he had your bit of bees for a lady and she still didn't love him. Correct. They arrive home and Homer says, what's that? What's your worst fear? Marge? I didn't mind this, never being a grandmother. At least we can be to bees anyway, here it is. She walks in with the beard of bees on. Grandpa thinks it's Lincoln returned. He's got rid of the hats and now he's got his vote. We come back from commercial and Bart is molding the bees into eyebrows and whatnot on Lisa's face. Just visual gag. You're going to get away with an animation and the millouse, Yes, exactly with the eyebrows, and it doesn't They don't sting. Apparently don't sting when they're in a cluster because they're not threatened. It's only when you try to attack their hive they will attack you. And all it takes is one troubled loner. I'm like, that is a very margin one. All text is one troubled loner, always like a worry wart. It's like, you know, it could be funning. All texts one. And it's true though, all texts one. Like a bank heist, you can be the most efficient fucking heist team in the world. All Texas, one guy, All it texts one Wangrow. Yeah, and that's it. You're fucked. De Niro and Kilmer and Sizemore they would have gone away playing, but Wango is just like you had to shoot that guy. Here's the epitome of like Wayangrow is. The is the callback to you anytime someone sucks up on a bank heist, the waygo right, absolutely heat, I rewatch heat. We should it on the movie guide. Oh yeah, Hey, well well, Leonard spoke to him. He was the end. He certainly did. And you know one of the reasons we would, well, at least we came up with, like anniversary ones. Was he one of them?
Speaker 3: Well, he came out in nineteen ninety five. There we go, and this is twenty twenty five, so it's a thirty year anniversary.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it. Get the Nero on. What would you ask the Neiro? I'd ask him why you're talking to me? You would? Okay, you would too, I wouldn't. You don't know me at all? Like I do, start going, I'm gonna ask you this, but I want to ask you that I'm joking. You learned from was it Bob Geldoff? Don't yes, don't take the piss. You would have been taking the piss, were you? You were just young and didn't realize what you were saying? Was I don't know what the hell was going on? Didn't you do his accent?
Speaker 3: I disassociated is what I did. There are many things to ask robertson.
Speaker 2: Now you did his accent to his face? That's so good. I can just imagine. Was it wasn't face to face? The interview was it. Oh yeah, oh ship, Yeah, I'm like I made it out of that room alive. I would have it for the whole story. I would have died. I did, Yeah, for the whole story.
Speaker 3: Listen to the movie guide with Moltlin Davis. Was this almost famous for the family?
Speaker 2: I think almost briefrond now quickly here. So basically, you interviewed Bobby god Off. Your first ever interview is.
Speaker 3: One of my first big interviews when I was when I was a rookie journo.
Speaker 2: Uh, and.
Speaker 3: Someone had pinched his solol. It was one of his nonsense solo and nobody gave a shit about someone who pinched it from the office.
Speaker 2: This was how he started the interview. Nonsense. So Bob, some more bullshit? Why don't you like Monday's? Do you really? Do you really not like Monday's? Bob? Do you ever do interviews on Mondays? Uh?
Speaker 3: This was pre streaming and pre internet and all that kind of stuff. I was unable to hear his music before I did the interview. I did have all the material. I did a lot of research that sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I came in with a whole bunch.
Speaker 3: Of you know, I thought were pretty good questions I was also a rookie, and I said, ah, full disclosure, I have not a chance to listen to the album. Someone pinched from the office, when what the fuck what are we going to talk about? Then you just looked at me like like I trailed in dog shit on my shoes.
Speaker 5: Oh it was.
Speaker 2: It was just like oh my god. And yeah, and everything just failed after that. I mean, you know, the whole time, you're just in the back of your head. You're worrying, aren't you. Oh yeah, yeah, this guy hates me and he saved the world. Yeah, he saved all those Ethiopians and he hates me. He could just could just see the serious distain on his face. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely and some sage. I think you would have got away with till it wasn't for that meddling line at the start. You shouldn't said anything. I know, if you hadn't said anything, probably would have got away with it.
Speaker 3: I talked about this on Facebook a while back because there was an ossy journalist who did the same thing. He went over to London to interview A Dell about a new album. He said, I haven't heard your album, and he actually copped it this on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that. He's what we listened to on the plane.
Speaker 3: I've got the new Jack Reacher on audible. I'm gonna listen to that.
Speaker 2: Did you actually say that? Oh God, that's me speculating, that's me adding a little spice in the story. But why Yeah, don't tell them, don't tell them. Yeah, don't do what guy did. Don't don't go on your date and say I didn't shower this morning. Just just roll with the punches. So I always smell like this. Yeah, don't say anything unless if you can't handle me in my worst, you don't deserve me my best. The thing is, if you had have said to you though in that moment, if you hadn't said anything at the start, and he goes, would you have? All your questions wouldn't have been what you'd liked about the album though, would they? They would have just been no generic ones?
Speaker 3: You know, first three or four are about the album, and then the rest are kind of like, look, I no, you probably see if talking about live but you know, how does it fold into such and such?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Oh, how you did a bit of acting and so and something? Because I mentioned some film that it was in where he played like a pool shark or something like that.
Speaker 2: Fucking nobody saw that one. I'm like I did years ago. Anyway, that was not a good time. Not hey, a blip on the radar.
Speaker 3: A blip on the radar. Other other journals would have liked. I think I'll go into corporate comms and made a proper living.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm stuck with entertainment journalists. What did his PR do it when you said that, when he said that they sense those attention, I think this was no.
Speaker 3: They stuck around. They probably like enjoyed the show. Where was it he was in Melbourne? Okay, it's some hotel. I've forgotten exactly where they were. Like, let's throw a little fresh meat to Bob. He's been too cheerful all morning.
Speaker 2: He's sitting back just laughing at ass Is Off. He's a first class hater. Let's let's let him get his hate on. Yeah, that nonsense. Back to.
Speaker 3: We now return you to the birds and the bee.
Speaker 2: Basically, Marge's agrees that Lisa am I not going to see the lane like we now return you to the burns and the bees already in progress. Indeed, so March allows Lisa to wear the beard for one day. Then the Celtics the Mavericks, and Cuban is bragging about how he owns the team and blah blah blah and how old his money seems to it seems to have bought him happiness. Mister Burns can't believe this. How is this man happy when he's so rich? He wants to meet him and do the secret in his handshake and he tells him to just have fun. He's it fun. I've only ever seen that written, never heard it heard before. You know, we've heard say fun a million times. And then yeah, basically mister Ben's get's the idea here the same story. He wants to start having fun with his money. So I guess the story in that one was he wants to earn the love of the people. This one here he wants to try and find happiness. I guess that's the difference. He wasn't doing us to earn the love. He was doing this for fun. Yeah, I don't know, really bland storytelling. It's dumbe because yeah, I mean, Burns don't. Why would he give a shit about what the people think? Ye, well, he doesn't shouldn't want to be happy. His happiness is being miserable. Make it miserable. That's his happiness. Now.
Speaker 3: Mark Cuban, to his credit, is gone for the gusto here. I mean, he's like, whoa, you know, here's that line. I can't remember how I made my money, At which point I was like, how did Mark Cuban make his money? And you look into it and he's like he was either on the ground floor or or started up various e commerce businesses or something like that. Although apparently, according to Wikipedia, which never lies, Cuban first ventured in the business at age twelve, he sold garbage bags to pay prepare of expensive sneakers. A few years later, he earned money by selling stamps and coins. So, yeah, he's just one of these go getters who's kind.
Speaker 2: Of like extra, get your paper here. Yeah, I'm going to take this Shanny penny and invest it in compound interest.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have one.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand dollars. I don't love it start that's very much. So yeah, but yeah, Cuban's one of these guys is like, yeah, I made money in tech. How Yeah, it's like underpants names, but there was the interest in tech. Question mark question my question mark profit two thousand to twenty ten. I think it was the era of websites. You can build a website, you're in the money. Yeah, it was just tech. You did it because you had that transition of people who didn't who hadn't been raised yet properly on computers, who didn't really know how to build them yet, and people who just were never ever going to learn how to build computers. So you can just make the most of that. I think. Do you know that? Do you know the name of the founder of Yahoo? Do you remember Yahoo? I'm yeah, yeah, that's the thing that's you know, we all know it was Google. It was the same thing as Google. Just the competation for us, that's right. What was the other? Started with b? Bing? Yeah? Being still around up that. But bing is a bit of a punchline. I'm spinning a bit. How does bing exist? Who uses bing? Besides Chandler? That's right, rip, Matthew Perry. I was looking at here, so this line, Remember mister Burns seen here terrorising children and nine in century would cut remember that that's the Burns that I want sure that children fear. And that's lute monster.
Speaker 3: And every once in a while, every like four or five seasons do a scrooge with him? Was like, yeah, show the humanity to some degree. Yeah, oh well, there is a there's.
Speaker 2: A heart and soul in there, you know, the old man. Let him brinch out a little bit. The old man in the Lisa is a good one where he loses all his money and then he has to start the recycling plant and in the end he becomes the villain again, the monster for these killing his animals. So he said, you see that there's a soft spot and soft side to him, but by the end he's a monster again. I know. He loves money and power way too much to ever become quite good. Friends, religion, these are the three things you must eliminate if you want to have success on the business. That's his philosophies. Yeah with it, yeah, yeah, okay, deviate occasionally, but you know, just revert back to the to the proper one. So I just love that he's talent. It to children too, friends, family, religion, be happy. What's that fun? I don't know, have fun. It's like you were having you were having fun at the retreat. What are we doing here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a runner back. As I said, Cuban is going for it. He's giving a really yeah performance. It's not quite enough that you would think Burns will look at him and go, this guy's got the right idea, or they just unloved lines and they're saying, wow this. Maybe I've been going about this all wrong. Or as I said before, at the very start, he's an old school billionaire. It's like, oh, these news they seem to have old the money but also have the fun. Hmmm, maybe I could have maybe I can have.
Speaker 2: It old Smith's Yeah, I doubt it, sir, I think so. Tim.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's not talk about the epist, not fix it anymore. Let's not try to talk about the episodes we haven't had heads. Let's talk one that's on the screen.
Speaker 2: But the family and asked around of a base at the breakfast time with us to serve everywhere.
Speaker 5: Listen, Lisa, I was trying to think of a way to help your bees, and I remembered this abandoned greenhouse.
Speaker 1: Outside of town, which used to be a beautiful, thriving greenhouse till I was hired to run it.
Speaker 5: Your bees will have plenty of room in this old greenhouse. Plus there are flowers, and it's near a prison, so they'll have a place to sting people.
Speaker 2: Oh mon, it's perfect. Don't live your lives. Get off my face, my miss.
Speaker 5: Then now you know how I'll feel when you go to college. You'll always have Bied always, but he'll be gone a lot repairing refrigerators.
Speaker 2: Always a line that's not really sitting well.
Speaker 3: And I feel little bit snobbish even back, and this time they're talking about you know, oh they got my dreams to call it, and you know, something about Bart being like a fridge repairman or something.
Speaker 2: Like Lisa says, you will always have Bart around, and she's like, no, no, when he's about to fix people's refrigerators, you'll always have him. I'm like, Lisa, fuck off. Yeah that's kind of snobbish, so fuck off. But Lisa is not a nice person anymore. No, I'm not. Just recently. I don't think there's any nice characters on this show anymore. Si on in this episode, they're all just horrible. Mark even came out of it all right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but Lisa'll be saying that, first of all, it's not really future proofing because I know, I think we're going to need more fridge repair people then we do people who have gone to college.
Speaker 2: That is exactly right. Yeah, I've always said these days, get a trade. I've told you about my I don't think it a dream of being a fridge repairman. I've told you about my buddy JP. I'm sure he won't mind me mention this. But his son, Mac was going to UNI studying business. Your dad yet, is your dad yet?
Speaker 3: Mac?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, he's not Daddy Mack. I'm back daddy. He's not Mack, Daddy or daddy a shany Penny to anyone who knows, they're the names of which which hip hop apt from the from the nineteen nineties right in, I didn't let us know you get a Shanny Penny.
Speaker 3: Mac was going to UNI studying business. Wasn't really into it. And yeah, JP, to his credit, said, look, you can finish studying this. You may get a job at some canning firm or whatever, get a desk somewhere, get a desk somewhere, ride that until whenever. But you know, verse of all that kind of not that that sucks. But I don't think it's what you want. And also I don't think it's the way you know, the tide is turning in terms of life and business and all that. Now he's studying a trade. He studying carpentry, is going to be a chippy and really enjoying. Is like, that's a job. That's a job that you know, a is not going to take from it in the t in the trading town.
Speaker 2: Yeah good. Anyway, that's that's my take on it. So, yeah, don't be disinfrigiated. Get a trade, man, Oh absolutely, to train to do podcasts, get a trade.
Speaker 3: And if you want to, if you want to do fancy book, learn and do it on your own time. You got a whole internet full of.
Speaker 2: Shit, exactly right. Yes, we've probably go to college. Go to college. Oh yeah, well go to college for fun, man, Yeah, do it for fun. Yes. So Burns has now changed the name to the Springfield Excitement, and he tries to sing the national anthem, but instead he sings obey your King, which doesn't go down well, does it? Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, although as soon as up there, our favorite president just referred to himself as the king recently.
Speaker 2: Did you see it?
Speaker 3: I think he'd done something. It made some deal in New York or something or sort of of course, I don't think he had anything to do with it, but he basically just sat on some social media platform that's right on the King or something along there.
Speaker 2: Rolling Greant Kenny's rolling around in his grave. Grant Nor too busy hosting a ship version of Australian Really Fortune somewhere in England. Is it even going anymore? I don't know. I feel like it's one of those shows that it cancels for episodes, never spoken of again. I only watched merredithirst Side on commercial television. I watch, have You've been paying attention? And it's not on at the moment? So I watched none of it. Yes, I want to say one quick thing, one little quick mini thirty seconds. I didn't realize till yesterday Australian rules football was the rules foot is not on channel, not on free to air TV on Saturdays anymore. It's only on Foxtail. There was no more Saturday games on Free Day twenty twenty five this year. What if you want to watch football you can only watch it on foxtown? Now, how crazy is that? Fuck? That's not getting spoken about it enough?
Speaker 3: I went, what this is the first I've heard about?
Speaker 2: What about all the people who don't have Fox TYL, they can't watch they can't watch if they have Ko or foxtowner have to watch footy on Saturday. It's all on Foxtail. That's crazy, isn't it fucked? I could not. Why are people talking about this? We're talking about it, but oh people need to be talking fucking fibergasted. That's real. That's very disappointing because it's been promoted for ages, always Saturday games. So the first time exclusively on Foxtale, I'm thinking they've always had fucking they've always had every game on Fox Style. I didn't realize they meant Channel seven. So my uncle ned, he's he's like in his eighties watch hasn't got Fox Style, hasn't internity's house, hasn't got Wi Fi. He can't watch football on Saturday anymore because he hasn't got Wi Fi at his house.
Speaker 3: He don't have to listen to it on the radio. It's like a cave man.
Speaker 2: He literally hasn't. He has no access to football on a Saturday. He can't watch satdaynight foot anymore. Isn't that just absurd?
Speaker 3: There's more than I'm satin. It's obscene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hate that. I hate it. Yeah, it's it's terrible. And I was furious when I heard it. I couldn't believe it. Listeners will know I am not a footballer, but I am the son of a footballer. I have skin in the game. Yeah, a small, very thin sliver of skin in the game. Footballs are everybody. It's just it's for fucking everybody now, unless you have fucking access to foxtail or paper, which is incredible. Actually no, I don't want to foxel. It's incredibly overpriced. Shit shit costs money. And now families who can't afford foxtail. Sorry, son, you can't watch you footy anymore. Isn't that fucking crazy about eat ship? I'm not happy, I'm not no, I'm I'm really quite disappointed. Yeah. No, Saturday afternoon game, no Saturday night game. Done, finished forever for next like five years or something. Billionaires, fucking we tit it all back in, We tit it all back in. So yeah, so basically things are going well. Spinners updates burns on the wars. He brings up the basket bells, tells him to get back to the brothel, you harlots. Then he throws faux gras out to the audience. They're not a huge fan shoots the gorilla mass so shoots a guy dead, and then everyone just leaves. And what would Cuban do? And his vision of him driving off a cliff and he says, build a new arena. So he cut to the greenhouse being smashed with the wrecking ball and the pave and tart peven tart the way God intended. I thought that was that's a Burns line. Sure, pave and tar the way God intended.
Speaker 4: The Chipman pave and toe the weak God intended.
Speaker 2: Mister bangs, you can't do this. They can, they shall, and in the future a will have done they cannot be stopped. Kill his echorns and make him watch.
Speaker 3: It fell to me that this was basically the inciting incident of the episode.
Speaker 2: I'm nearly finished and we're.
Speaker 3: Fourteen minutes into a twenty one minute episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just there's just this is filler, great d filler. The town meeting here for the Burns versus the Bees, Tomorrow Burns versus fresh Air. And as you're saying earlier, we're not offering child care. I don't know who that goes that you left the kids with funny line, and it's referendum and Lisa's I'm asking you not to say the bees to save your souls, and Burns actually uses very good psychology here with the macmove, so basically he's not saying, he's like, you know what, I guess I can't do. I guess we can't have a fancy basketball stadium. I guess we can't have all this excitement. And everyone's like, fuck that, we want we want that, so they vote for Burns. Lisa then keeps the bees in a jar, and I'm going, why let's go back on her face again? They seemed safe on her face, it was fine. Why don't we just do that? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, even have a even have a line where you know, Lisa, oh, I really really want to save to the bees. But having them on their face is kind of gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, as she said, they're not strong enough now to survive on their own or something whatever. But she asked for a keysword bike lock and she leaves most of Homer here having a bit of a random O Margins, I actually wouldn't mind they do. You say. Bartenders are like great psychologists, aren't they. Yes, where you just go there and you just ran and they're just paid to listen. Sure, but it costs a lot less than a psychologist even been to. It depends on much you' drinking. You've been to a psychologist. I've never been to a psychiatrist or anything like that. I just part of me just goes, you don't need it trying to be a man. The other part of me, it just feels like a lot of money to just talk. Sure, did it work for you? It did? Well? Let's see. I mean well I went. I went once when my marriage ended, because I like, even though I say I'm fine, you need to talk with that time of someone that you know, yeah, I need to check with a professional that you know, those of I'm fine that I'm not harboring anything that you know, I could come back and bite me in the arts.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I said, okay, look my marriage ended. I think these are the reasons I'm wondering if I'm this kind of person or that.
Speaker 2: Kind of person. You're just moody, You're like, you're like a lot of people like, okay, that's fine. So I had that session and that was that. I think.
Speaker 3: Then years later, there's been a lot of other stuff that happened in my life, and I was I was very sad, and I think I dropped. I dropped like twenty kilos just by nervous energy. And a good friend of mine said, you need to see someone, and I can recommend this person who I went to see. And the good thing about Australia is, you know, we've got sort of universal health care, and mental health care can fall under that, you know, not ongoing, but it's like, we'll get your ten sessions with someone and we'll be at a cut rate. I saw this guy and we talked about various things. I got a lot of stuff off my chest, which you can do with your friends, but sometimes you need someone. You need more than someone who will just listen. You need someone who'll say, okay, but yeah, this might mean this, and this might mean that, and here's something you can maybe do to alleviate the pain you're feeling or to work through whatever it is you're dealing with. So they were really good about that. I didn't need to see them beyond the ten sessions that I had. Once i'd sort of reached the end, I'm like, you know what, I think I've got some good tools to work with here. I think I've got a lot of my chest I think I understand myself a little bit better. It was good to have a sympathetic hear and.
Speaker 2: You find now if you have an issue, you fall back on what you learned in those sessions to some degree. Certainly.
Speaker 3: I mean as much as this therapist or counselor or psychologist help me, a lot of it was also just me working through it myself.
Speaker 2: So that's usually the first thing is respect that they teach you how to fix yourself. Oh yeah, and I know that you need to be fixed. But the tea they put to help yourself, put help yourself here and put process in place where you can go. All right, if I'm having issues, I can fall back on these to potentially help me through this.
Speaker 3: The other thing, I mean, you've got a lot of people who will say it's not in a doctor's bit in to cure you, because you know they want the return business.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This guy helped me out a lot. So yeah, I'm glad I did it, and if I need to do it, I'd do it again. I think I think there's.
Speaker 3: I also recommend that if you do feel like you have issues with your mental health or a little fragility in that section then actually do see someone professionally and not just rely on like minded people on social media or whatever, because.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing seeing and hearing a lot of weaponization of therapy speak of everything is sort of traumatic these days, and a lot of it isn't a lot of it's.
Speaker 2: Just source of big mac. What's going on here? I feel personally wounded anyway. That's that's my take on it. Yeah, that's good. It's good to speak about serious shit sometimes every once in a while. Yes, But even more seriousness is how tough these bees are that mohas in the back, I'd like that. That's actually one of my favorite lines in the whole episode. He ordered some excited African honeys and that's what he got back. So he suggests they combine these bees with the African ones and create a race of super bees.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently, you know, swarms of African bees was also a big concern.
Speaker 2: There were a while where bees or wasp or whatever coming to American You're like, what are these things? Yeah? These are like killer one. They can beat us up through little weights and shit. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sci Fild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Homer here, I'm guessing this was meant to be a gay joke. So Mobus was something in his ear and the response is home is like you and I and he's like no, no, no, because they're all the same sex or something, or with no queen whatever. Basically, they're gonna have the male bees rude each other. I don't know. Anyway, they put the queen in there for a night of anonymous sex with multiple strangers, and then it's time for the big game.
Speaker 3: And male points something out just quickly. I don't know if this is actually where that happens, but there's a music cue Sea of Love.
Speaker 2: Is that probably where they put the bees in with the queen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Nice? Little in gag. This cover of the great song Sea of Love was done by a band called the honey Drippers. There you go, nice play. Yeah, yeah, that's something that I learned today. We don't have to do you know. No, it's done, Yes, it's done. So now time for the game, for the opening game with the new arena, and Homer shows Lisa the bees. It's my way. So your beast died ages ago, died days ago. These are angry mutant descendants. And they go to the new stadium and it looks like a hive now, so they let the bees out of the boxes. So I'm thinking, how do they get the bees in the boxes in the first place. Let's not ask questions. Ovens at the box. The bees fly straight towards a new arena because it looks like a hive, and they start seeing everybody, including bumble bee man stop by in one of you Now we hate you the most. Uncle Tom apparently his name is Tom, who knows? No you no the Uncle Tom? No, okay, this is potentially risk learning something else. Yeah, yeah, there's potentially risky, Harry, have you heard of a book called Uncle Tom's Cabin?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's.
Speaker 3: We might want to google this because I don't want to misremember it because we're dealing on walking on dicey territory. Yeah, but most of the term uncle tom is when it's certainly used among the black community, certainly in America, when you're referring to someone who sort.
Speaker 2: Of sucks up to white people or is I saw I needmail? Continue? Okay, some gobsmack news. Oh okay, do you want to talk about Disney changing the price of their Disney Plus app. It used to be nine dollars ninety nine and which is now they increased it to thirteen dollars. It's going from that to twenty one dollars as of when as of next month, bumping it by ten dollars of but nine dollars a month? Oh good lord man, hit costs money? Of these are tough all over? Like and subscribe anyway, continue, please continue to be a patron. We'll make it worth your while. Look, uncle tom is basically a term use.
Speaker 3: I think it's primarily in the black community, Black American community as someone who basically cowtours sucks up to the white community.
Speaker 2: I guess they're saying that the bumbee man is sucking up to humans. Yeah, you're saying you're a bee. See I don't get that joke. I'm glad to explain it. That makes a lot more sense now. And that's a good gag in a sense that kids would just think, oh, he's just their uncle Tom, but adults would go, I know that actually hasn't been Yeah, it's actually quite an adult joke. It is got a racy joke. Hey, we're going to take back some of the bad things we said about our doors wife. Stephanie Gillis is then just Pandy his wife. I'll come with the show. Bring the miss my wife's name. Jore fucking mad I seen Chris right Burns of the Bees too, can't wait to see it Slash. Oh my god, Dan, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna have so much fun ended in this episode.
Speaker 2: Anyway. The ship's going down, such great time. I just love his delivery. That Yeah, Jean Due, can't wait to see it, brilliant. Will laughed, and then he turn He's like, oh no, I got to step up, actually steps up. Chris Chris Frock no idea what was going on? It was like, Wow, that would never be forgotten, but that it's time announces Mike has been turned to a bees and John bot Tron has been taken over with bee bloopers. Macmu I believe he's getting attacked by bees as well, and then they shoot wig him with his own gun. Time as a lapse. Now the stadium is now in ruins, but it's now their hive that turned into their hive, and Burns says that the bee keeper will want they be the bee keep b But then he is holding him to the beef and the bee flies off it carries him with him and macmu helps him. He says, still beats playing for the Clippers. Clippers one year later and Burns is telling the ghost story about what happened here, and they realize it's worth less than a billion dollars now it's nine hundred and ninety six million and thirty six thousand, and Mark Euan says, look, I can't have mate underwork and do here, and they throw it's a Godfather reference, yes, yes, and when he's yeh, get me out the hook for all time. Sec can do it, Bones, you can't do it, and they throw the hints millionaires club whereas a guy who owns a minor league hockey team and that's it. So overall a fine episode, as you know, a bad episode, but not horrifically bad. It didn't make me angry, just made me just go, what's the point when you say fine and your make hand's fine. It's like it's just existed. I don't know why it existed.
Speaker 3: This is a fine episode's fine.
Speaker 2: It just it was there. Yeah, this has happened, definition definition of it was there? What do we learn, Bomber, would you learn for the episode of Davis?
Speaker 3: Uh that the Havelina is indeed the feisty pig of the desert?
Speaker 2: Is it really? According to a line from Lisa, I believe I learned that, Uncle Tom, you learned a whole bunch of things. I learned a whole bunch of things this week. I learned that my Disney Plus description is going up next month. But you also learn some good stuff of your stuff as well. Forward your names will be all right? Is the guy Davis New Name Championship for Burns and the Bees. Round eight. The current leaderboard stands at this In the first position, we have Jared Hornby on nine points, in second position we have Brian Hughes on seven, and in third position we have Philip phil Hawkins on six points to say, cheap Philip's name out your damn mouth. Uh okay. One point goes to hive and let die Jared hornby what I'm Jared his name is. He's now in ten points still Jared now three points ad two points to n B. That's B double e. A clever Kyle, Well, it's clever claiman is what. He's way up to third position, equal third with Phil Hawkins on six points.
Speaker 3: Has he Let's see what happens when we give three points to who wants to be and that's B double e in some nifty word play a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Oh, someone's moved their way up the rankings here and it's not Phil Hawkins. And it's not Carmi Doon, it's not Brian Hughes. It's Adam Willhouse now on five points. But on Adam or you kept us really on the hook, Ben Adam Wilhouse now in fourth position, fourth position on five points, wi Adam. Remember, guys, want to be part of the Guy Davis New Name Championship four Season twenty is gonna be supported of ours on Patreon. Sure do all right? Well, that is our review of the Burns and the b's the next episode of season, Tony, we shall be reviewing another least episode, so many least episodes at the moment. What this one's Lisa the drama Queen. I can't say I approve. No, we'll see how it goes. We'll see how it goes in d But thank you, guys for all sporting four figure this now we do appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It might be fine supposed to fine.
Speaker 2: Apologies guys in advance. Not seeing much stuff go up in the pagreng group at the moment or on the Facebook page. It's just Facebook and taking away my ability to do so because of a Simpsons meme. So apologies in advance. So there's that. And you know, his head got his kid got hit in the face with the cricket bat. Dad had a car ac Nicola just got back from the UK's been it's just been a crazy time here. So it always feels like there's something happening here.
Speaker 3: He's got a whole he's got a whole bunch of New Blu rays to watch.
Speaker 2: I did build a gym for Nicola in the garage. She wanted a gym because she's been working out heaps. I've mentioned this on the time and time on the podcast. Recently doing a lot of exercise, doing YouTube workouts. Basically we watched on YouTube do it work out with him, the modern day version of Jane Fonda. Yeah, but what was the I was aerobics. Oh okay, yeahs before she's TV in the mornings on Channel ten. Just these random chicksenkra just dancing on the beach somewhere. Have you watched the movie the substance are Yeah, I know what, I'm aware of it. Yeah, that's full of aerobics, so you might enjoy that. I might enjoy indeed, yes, so Nicola, it's also full of other things. Should be exercising in the kids room with toy surrounding her and the player. She couldn't find it. It's just someone to get away from the kids, so I clear the garage out. She's got a weight, I'll use it as well, obviously as well. But the lap pull down machines, the chess that that one chest press and the leg the leg press whatever it is. One of those machines are called, you know, the big gym things. We're called nautialist. Didn't I have no idea, but she had a row machine she's got.
Speaker 3: You showed off this gym to me. I was very impressed.
Speaker 2: Oh have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Showed me the other day.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, add a spin bike and a treadmill, and I put mirrors on the wall and so it's an actual gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put mirrors on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: I have not in the bedroom I have of course, you're really human, all right, guys, I think again for all of your support here, don't forget to rate reviews, upper podcasts, Spotify. I want to try and get those Spotify five star reviews and Apple podcast five star reviews. And please, if you do have a couple of spare moments this week, leave us a kind review. We'ven't had a proper written review for a while, so please write reviews as well. It's much much appreciated. We do love to read them. We can't get in touch. It is mailbag at four figure discount dot com, dot a you. The next episode is Lisa the Drummer Queen and if you're support of ours on Patreon you will know which. So we are going to be doing for guy on Spring for next you guys can vote on that as well. Please do all right, guys, Thank you for free support, mister Davis. An final words for those incredible listeners out there, take that.
Speaker 3: Listeners of four Finger discount