Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: John. It is seven oh five here at Kentucky and this morning news on News Radio eight forty whas. Happy Friday, everybody, Nick coffee. That's me finishing up our first week here, my first week these guys have been assembled, and that's Scott Fitzgerald as well as John Alden and of course John Shannon you just heard there. But I yesterday felt like a breakthrough for me as far as adjusting to this new sleep schedule because I got a little bit of sleep during the day, just enough to where I wasn't groggy the rest of the day, and then I stayed up and I watched my pacers, which I'm sure we'll get back into coming up a little bit later on, because how about that come from behind victory And it's not the first time you've heard that. That's just kind of what they're doing here in the postseason, which has which has been awesome to see. Also coming up in an hour, we're going to be joined right around eight o'clock by Louisville may Or Craig Greenberg. Looking forward to chatting with him. Obviously, the biggest talking point I would say so far from me this week is the situation in the Highlands, and obviously Mayor Greenberg as well as Chief Humphrey, they're putting prevent things in place to where they don't have to respond to a third straight weekend of real chaos. I know last night they spoke quick Greenberg spoke with residents and business owners in the area in a private meeting. So maybe you can give us some insight into how that went. So we'll do that coming up around eight o'clock. And also we will talk around eight forty five, sorry, eight thirty with Rory O'Neill of NBC News. And yesterday was one of those days when it comes to just seeing something play out that probably everybody is aware of and certainly a lot of people are talking about, and that's this internet fight. The bromance is officially over between Donald Trump and Elon Musk, the most powerful person in America the President, Donald Trump the most I don't know if he's the wealthiest, but certainly in the conversation Elon Musk, these two guys are having an Internet fight like you may see middle schoolers do on Back in my day, it was MySpace, but you know, maybe nowadays, if they were going to fight, they would be fighting on I don't know. Can you fight on Snapchat? I guess that's not such. You could, but it's not that's not like I guess you could put on your story. I was gonna say, it's not a public thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you could. You could easily fight. You can find any social media you wanted to. But it it is telling to watch that unfold. I kind of wondered how long that was going to take. And you know, I wonder if that goes on, that's gotta go on, say in the corporate world, if you've got to alpha, I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Just two people that are eating very very headstrong and heavy egos have probably always operated and existed with an enormous amount of power. Yeah, it's just it just becomes I mean, it's it's probably when you are no longer the most powerful and most uh I guess, I mean power.
Speaker 1: Is probably the right way to describe it.
Speaker 2: When you no longer have as you know, when you're no longer number one. I mean, that's what Elon Musk is dealing with now. I mean that this was rather predictable. A lot of people have said that in the last couple of days, which I totally understand. But to see just the nastiness it was. It was certainly something and it all stems from the big beautiful Bill and the issues that Musk has with it. And I think most people are aware of what specifically he has a problem with, but for that all to lead to, I mean, just him saying that Trump's on the Epstein list, which you know that probably didn't shock some people just because of the specifics and and you know, just the background of his relationship with Epstein. But nonetheless, I mean, it's one of those days where you you know, you see everybody reacting to it. It's certainly a national story because you know, it's not something you see very often, but I still have.
Speaker 1: A level of is this real, Yeah, it's exactly happening. Well, it's what politicians in growing.
Speaker 3: I grew up in the regular era of politics, and you know, I was I.
Speaker 1: Didn't really have a political bias.
Speaker 3: Coming up, and then when I joined the military, you really learned not to have a political bias.
Speaker 1: But my I think my it was interesting.
Speaker 3: My mom was more of a Jimmy Carter person, and my pops was more of you know, Gerald Ford. He was he was the more conservative in the family. So I grew up with both sides of the and then when Reagan came in, both my mom and my dad sort of kind of united under that umbrella. And I was thinking about this the other day after you talked about this. It's just that's non existent anymore. We've lost the ability to sort of work together. In fact, that's where I applaud Metro Council. I think for the longest time doing this show before, when we've had Metro Council on, Metro Council can get things done. They disagree a bit, and it's it's I don't know if it's because it's more local, it's not on the federal level. But it's amazing how we've just lost that ability at the federal level on so many places to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: And it's it's that that's true, and it's it's unfortunately the new norm.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've we've kind of been here, and it doesn't I don't see any sign of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you come with the Genie backup model, Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 2: All right, we got another update of traffic and weather coming your way as we roll along here at a seven sent at Kentucky its morning news on news Radio eight forty whas. It is seven sixteen here at Kentucky, and it's morning news on new Here's Radio eight forty whas. Don't forget to take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeart Radio app. Also listen live at whas dot com. Here. I am assuming that everybody's keeping up with the internet war between Donald Trump and Elon Musk. Maybe you're not, but if you missed it. It started with Musk alleging that Trump's name appears in the Jeffrey Epstein files and that I don't know if that's it's hard for me to really know which jab is viewed as like the one that was the most like jaw dropping, not necessarily because of what was alleged, but you know, you don't necessarily see people with these type of positions, with this much influence fighting on the internet. But also, yeah, you kind of do, right, We're talking about Elon Musk and Donald Trump. And then Trump ended up claiming that he asked Musk to leave his administration, citing that Musk's reaction to ending the EV mandates. He called Musk's behavior quote Trump derangement syndrome and said Musk misses the admission. So yeah, that's a few that probably won't won't end anytime soon, and certainly President Trump's going to be asked about it. But we'll talk about that in a little bit more with Rore O'Neal coming up at about eight thirty this morning. All right, So this is something that I feel like is going to eventually become a bigger story nationally. And this is out of Lexton, by the way, And this individual wouldn't shock me if maybe somebody gets even more details than what's out there, because the details are kind of wild, and they find this story to be fascinating, interesting enough to where it could be like a Netflix documentary. So there is a Kentucky roofing company called Lexington Blue and they collapsed in April, leaving hundreds of customers defrauded employees claiming they were exploited in The owner is a guy named Brad Pagel, and he's accused of running the business almost like a cult. He promoted psychedelic drug use, engaged in fraudulent practices, and he's being investigated by the Kentucky Attorney General. And I just when I see stories like this. I think to myself if I was in an employee at a place ran by someone who was operating like this, I mean.
Speaker 1: I say, why would you stay?
Speaker 2: Well, obviously people can just up and leave their job without a paycheck to depend upon, So I mean just a cult like workplace would be I mean, and that's what at least a couple of employees have alleged in a lawsuit. But I mean he falsely claimed titles like rev and doctor, which he wanted his employees to call him that, And he very much pushed metaphysical beliefs, calling himself a godlike figure, and had bizarre rules that he enforced, and employees claimed they were pressured to attend lavish dinners where you know, he would preach self worship and urged them to embody him. And again the psychedelic drug usage or the psychedelic drug pressure, I mean, that was the real thing. It sounds like when it comes to employees quitting over this and fearing, you know, just what would happen, you know, even after they quit.
Speaker 3: So it sounds like my man that was out in San Diego that was making people eat pudding before the comic came in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that whole stuff.
Speaker 1: Is odd, dude. I got in.
Speaker 3: I got into the story of Jim Jones, oh, just because I remember seeing that as a kid. My parents had it on TV, and it literally scared me. I didn't understand a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of scary and in borderline fascinating and right. I mean I probably shouldn't, and I'm not being judgmental necessarily, but when I anytime I I've just been kind of hooked into kind of learning about a cult and how it came together. My first question has always been, how do people fall into that?
Speaker 1: That's a great I mean, there's.
Speaker 2: The level of manipulation, brainwashing, but it's.
Speaker 3: And there's it's a complicated picture because there's a lot in their past that is endearing them to that sort of following, and there's that's a big rabbit hole you can go down and spend a lot of time down.
Speaker 1: Heah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I love our boss, but if he wants me to start thinking that he's my God, that's where I draw the line. Gus Allen, That's where I draw the line. All right, I just letting you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good segment for some day. Ro that is a wild place. It is all right.
Speaker 2: We got another update of trafficking weather coming your way, and also another update on sports right here on news Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John.
Speaker 2: It is seven thirty six here at Kentucky this Morning News on news Radio eight forty whas Nick Coffee. That is me Scott Fitzgerald alongside John Alden, John Shannon. The full crew is here and Mayor Greenberg is going to be joining us around eight o'clock today. Looking forward to to having that conversation with him. And I wanted to share some of you guys really quickly here and I want to give you heads up. I'm this was such a cool invention, a cool piece of technology that I didn't know about that I'm gonna I was about to present it as if it's the coolest thing in the world. And I was just so anxious and excited to share with you guys because I want you guys to see how cool it is. But I often know sometimes I can, I can really overdo it, and there's nothing worse than like, let me give an exam ample. Have you ever shared like a meme or a TikTok video with somebody and you think it's so funny. And there's somebody that comes to mind, maybe your wife, maybe your friend, and you think, you know what, they have a similar sense of humor. They'll think this is really really funny too. I'm going to share it with them. And you're doing them because you care about them and you want them to experience the.
Speaker 1: Joy that you have as well.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing that can be more crushing than them just instantly saying I already saw that.
Speaker 1: Exactly you at least just what just enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Just tell me that later, because it's you know, oh, sorry for trying to, you know, share my happiness with you. You've already seen it, you know what. You clearly don't feel the same way that I do because you didn't share with me.
Speaker 1: I'm the person who does the Oh I've already seen.
Speaker 2: It, as if you haven't done it to me before and I didn't remember it, John.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me ask you guys this along that same lines. You ever have that person who comes up to your cubicle and just wants to talk and you're busy working, and they go, did I ever tell you that story?
Speaker 1: And you say, yeah, you did, when they really didn't.
Speaker 2: When you say you did, They're already in They're already in the process of telling you again.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: They don't care if if you are aware they've already told the story. They're just gonna do it regardless. So I've told so many people just wroughte it up. So anyways, what I wanted to share was there's this this piece of technology. It is AI Translation earbuds. You can purchase earbuds that you will put in your ear and if you are hearing someone speak a language you're not familiar with, it'll pick up on it and it'll tell you what they're saying in your native language.
Speaker 1: Is that not cool? That's awesome?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you really believe it? Or do you do you really think it's cool? Are you just saying that I'm decided to share with you guys?
Speaker 3: Let me say yeah, no, And I think that's very cool because I can't tell you the number of people that I have communicated with back when I used to work in retail and they didn't speak English, but they so you know, and I've seen people do this nowadays too, that they'll get out their phones because thanks to Google Translate, but they have to stop they have to type in what they're saying and they have to show you.
Speaker 1: Then you have to do the same thing.
Speaker 3: And when I was in Europe, when I was stationed in Europe in the mid nineties, I did some work with the UN HDR and we would go down for meetings and you ever see the UN people with their earpiece on their ear That was incredibly frustrating because you'd have to go through the whole translation process.
Speaker 1: Now we can just do away with it, yeah, which I think is brilliant. I think it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: So they rely on AI. Accuracy is up to ninety five percent for clear, simple sentences in the major languages, English, Spanish, Mandarin, and where it can where it can get tricky is accents and slang, idiot, those kind of things. But I mean to me, it's not even just about being able to have a full lengthy conversation. But if if it's working like sixty five to seventy percent, if I'm in another country, I'll at least be able to be in the same ballpark with the person who is speaking a language that I'm not familiar with at all. So I just thought this, it's a it's an invention I would have never thought of. But it's got to be super convenient. Now. The hiccups here could be that it needs some type of can activity, meaning it's going to need you to pair it with your device and share cell service basically internet or Wi Fi. And that's not that's not a crazy thing to do. But like if when I go to you know, it's not like I travel abroad a lot, but whenever I've been in another country, like when we go to Cancun, like I can use Wi Fi, but my cell service doesn't work. So if I'm just out and about not and I don't speak Spanish, you know, it wouldn't work in that instance. But I mean still, one day we'll get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool, right, that's very anytime we can increase communication in this small world we live in, because that is sorely locking, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. No, I had not heard that thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you for thinking it's as cool as I do. John, I don't know if you can live. I mean, you didn't see m impressed no comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not surprised that from you.
Speaker 2: I should have expected that, and I'll never send you a meme again. Never gonna happen to consider, Yeah, consider the last meme I sent you, the last one you'll get, because I just I just wanted to share a good laugh with my friend and then you know we already saw that. Man, you're late. Anyways, another update of trafficking weather's coming your way right here on news radio.
Speaker 1: Waight forty whas.
Speaker 2: Seven forty five here Kentucky and it's morning news on news radio Waight forty whs. We've got an update on sports coming up in about ten minutes. Also, Mayor ka Greenberg going to join us as we get the eight o'clock hours started looking forward to that. Hopefully guys will stick around. The tickets for this year's Kentucky State Fair are now available as they I think they went on sale yesterday. The Fair this year is going to run August fourteenth through the twenty fourth, and they announced the lineup as far as entertainment shows, and it's the Texas Roadhouse Concert Series is back in a lot of a lot of big name artists at least for me, that are going to be there, and the free concerts they put onto the fair are always a lot of fun. And I don't know if they catered to me. I say that jokingly. I know that they didn't, but I did not expect to see the name Aaron Tippin on the lineup.
Speaker 1: But I think I forgot your nineties guy. Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean these are two things that I that I love that I really can't I can't explain why I love them so much. I mean, the Fair is great, yeah, but like I'm a nerd for the Fair. I would I would be at the fair every day if I could, and just and there's really no agenda, no specific thing. I mean, you just walk around at the fair. It's it's a lot. And I mean that in a good way. They should have you introduced Aaron Tippin at the fair, right, I would I would faint, I would faint. I mean, I don't know what it is about nineties country. Maybe it's just because it remains crazy nostalgic because when I was a kid, that's that was oftentimes I guess what was on in the in the vehicle whenever I was a little kid. Random thing that we don't have time to get into right now. My my grandfather, he used to he used to be Santa Claus. And I don't mean that literally. I mean he used to like that was his second career in life, and he was I mean, he got some pretty big gigs. He was the he was the he was the Santa in the CMT Nashville Christmas Parade every year. So there was always a Grand Marshall that was a country music artist, and we would go and it was a lot of fun. We got some cool access. I got to meet Marty Stewart, which was pretty cool. So so you know, whenever at that time, you couldn't pull up their music on a streaming app. You couldn't you couldn't go to YouTube. So I listened to it a lot as a kid. And then once, you know, once music became much easier to access, it's like, to this day, I'm still like going back in time when I listen to music that I loved growing up that I didn't hear for so long. I mean, keep in mind, once once we got past like the mid to late nineties, I mean it I don't know how I mean, I don't remember hearing much of it on the radio. And again, music how you obtained it was much different at the time I grew up in the era where it became Napster and lime Wire. That was really big when I was in really that whenever we got to high school. That's how a lot of people, uh, not me, because I'm not a criminal, obtained music. They would just download it on Napster and lime Wire. So anyways, I'm a nerd for nineties country and they've got a few different nights where that'll be featured in a big way including i mean, not just Darreon Tipping, how about Colin Ray and Sammy Kershaw on Sunday on August seventeenth for the Military Sunday Roots and Boots is what they're calling that. So also Sawyer Brown will be there to open it up on the fourteenth. That Thursday, Sister Sledge featuring Sledgendary with special guest CNC Music Factory. That'll be Friday, Blue Olster, Blue Oyster Colt is going to be there on Saturday, that of course will likely have a big turnout, I would assume, and then on Monday they'll have The Kingdom with special guest Level Ground and Tuesday, August nineteenth, that Senior Day, it'll be Happy Together Tour, which includes the Turtles, Jay and the Americans, Little Anthony, Gary Pucket in the Union Gap, the Vogues and the Cowciles. And then Wednesday co headliners Drew Baldridge and Parmalee, who are two more modern and current country artists and acts. And then they'll have another Country Night on that Thursday, Grand Funk Railroad with special guests Frankie Ballard, Friday, Theory of Debt, Theory of a dead Man with special guest.
Speaker 1: Wild Ride that's an interesting life turn. Yeah. And then Saturday Saturday post Grunge from two thousands.
Speaker 2: That last Saturday, they're gonna have all sixty with special guest Avery Annas. So mixed in there's there's a lot of different flavor, different genres, appealing to those who have a variety of different musical tastes. So you know, good stuff, man, all right, the deal you I'm not I'm not kidding when I tell you I'm obsessed with the fair. John can attest to this. It's a weird thing, but I'm just I'm wired different.
Speaker 1: I guess when you say it's State Fair time, I know we got to go.
Speaker 3: What is the one thing that immediately comes to your mind that you most look forward to?
Speaker 2: Kentucky Proud Pork sandwich at it. That's that's, that's what comes to mind first for me.
Speaker 1: What about you right now? I do the beer.
Speaker 2: Okay, good belief.
Speaker 1: You say watermelon or something. No, no, no, no, I do the beer. It's the smell of the fair and walking around with the beer.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, We've got another update of sports coming your way. Also an update on traffic and weather right here on news radio eight forty w h A s.