Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery of podcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host, Corey Winfield, you know there was a reason why that didn't work out, and you can look back at it and go, yep, I'm glad that didn't work out how I wanted it, because I wouldn't been for got your abs. It is the twenty seventh of August twenty twenty five. My name is Cory Winfield and I'm Corey Smoker. You are the guest today. Are you excited about that? Yeah? Nice? We talk about some stuff.
Speaker 2: I think that's good. It's just us checking in. We're trying to get that podcast out there.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I just want to talk about God today and the open kind of sums it up my day and how that went today. I would like to thank God for making my plans blow up. Let me rewind the tape here. Okay. So we're going to start a new project and there's another organization in town and we're gonna start it with them, and we're excited about it. And today was the day we were going to go do some things to start the project, and I was pretty excited. At first. I was like, I was bummed because we met early August and then the date was set for August twenty seventh, and I was like, Dan, that's so far away. Can we do it tomorrow? And he's like, no, we'll do it twenty seventh, okay, And I thought, you know what, that is actually a good thing because that gives me time to prepare and just to kind of figure out what stuff we want to do with this project. And so today ten o'clock I was supposed to meet for the project and I was supposed to me didn't show up obviously, not obviously, but he didn't show up, and I was like, so I waited and I call him. He thought it was at one. It was. It was from ten to one is when we reserved this place to do our thing. And then there's another person that was supposed to come. And then I waited till like, I don't know, I'm a ten thirty maybe if that and that person never came. So I was like, all right, well I'm out. I was crushed, like I couldn't even sleep last night. I got two hours of sleep cause something with weird my brain. But when it starts going and I start thinking, and then I start thinking about all the stuff I have to do for this project, and then all the stuff I have to do outside of the project, and then family and God and just all the stuff, and I'm just like, oh my god. So I could not sleep, and I was excited. It's like Christmas morning. Well it's not quite as good as fancy football, but I was very excited about it, and so like, well, on the nerves of it, yeah, cause I've been doubting myself, like, oh am I good enough to do this stuff? Can we do it? I don't know? And then I'm like, during that time from early August to like late August August twenty seventh, I had the time to go, No, I do actually know more than then I get myself credit for. And I actually fell into that by taking a class. Then I took these classes, and I learned all this stuff and I didn't really learn That's what I was like, Okay, maybe I know more than I'm giving myself credit for. So I start to get the confidence and I'm like, yeah, let's do it. And the most important thing, and if I've said this a million times but if you're starting a podcast or whatever, start putting dates on things, because if you don't, it becomes well, i'll do it next week. No. No, But if you're like August twenty seventh, we're doing it. You got to do it unless you're gonna I was gonna say, bitch out on yourself, but I don't want to offend people, obviously, but I said it anyway. So if you're offending whatever, But I think.
Speaker 3: When you set the date for that goal or when you're gonna do it or have it done by I think that just gives you the more solidified date of.
Speaker 2: That you're going to show up and do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it moves it up, like it moves your planning everything in your head. It just moves it up because like we're doing it that day. The podcast is the same way we start. It was in treatment. I was like, hey, we get out, you know, let's start a podcast. I'm gonna start a podcast. I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that, l l lah lah la. And then I get out. And how I work is everything has to be perfect before it takes off the ground. Like you can't just send a test up there and hope, it's got to be perfect. I have this guy at the website that everything, and I didn't have any money. I was just coming out of treatment. I have a job, like I mean, it was it was a little difficult, but we did it. And not before I was told that I had disappointed somebody. Everyone picked this Ryan guy up and brought him back to the house and he was in room two seventeen after we were, but he was still kind of a part of our crew and he just was like he jumped in the car and he was like, all right, I want to hear it. And he was all geeked out and want to hear what, you know, some trick daddy, Like what are you talking about? He's like, no, your podcast. Oh, I'm still looking for a website. And he just shot me this look man, and this is just it's like like what and he's like, dude, I'm so disappointed in you. What what are you talking about? You know, like okay, but it lit the fire under me to go okay. You know. When we got back to the house, I s all right, we're starting a Saturday. How about that. We're starting a Saturday. I don't care if I have a website. If I have three microphones, one I don't, I don't. We're starting at Saturday. We're doing something Saturday. Yeah, And if I didn't do that, we wouldn't have we wouldn't have almost a thousand episodes to tell you that.
Speaker 3: And it's and it's about like obviously sometimes I tell you, I'm like, well, it's better than nothing at all, right, because I'm still learning when I do things or pictures or videos or audio things.
Speaker 2: But that's what we hear and I'm practicing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's how you learn, you know. Now, if you keep making these sticks over and over, then be like, okay, well maybe you shouldn't do that, you know, like maybe we can move you in a different direction and put you in a different spot. Because everybody's valuable, like everybody's value. Everybody has something that they're good at, and it's just finding that niche or that what that you're good at. Like you're a go getter and you're not afraid to fail, like maybe you are, but you're gonna try it anyway, and if you fail, you're gonna be like, damn, I tried.
Speaker 3: Oh I'll try and if I'm not that good at it, I'll keep doing it, but I cause I guess it's a little part for me is kind of like I tell you, Corey, it's like something out there promoting it is better than nothing out there for my little videos that I do, and I only I just do them because you tell me that it's a better promotion.
Speaker 2: I hear people say hey, I see in you or.
Speaker 3: Then also, like on my Facebook, it gets other people that maybe has also doubted my recovery journey or I haven't kept track of or lost contact with that. Now all of a sudden they're seeing it and they're like, oh my gosh, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Look how far you come.
Speaker 3: And it's not about I want any credit like that. It's just showing them like I'm just out here trying to do the next thing and advocate or promote that I'm having game night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it might not even be someone you know that sees something. You know. I don't know how you keep your Facebook mind. I know like three people on there, the rest I don't. I don't know. Well, I know a couple of people on my Facebook, but I got a lot of people on there, and I don't know a lot of them. But those other people that could come across your stuff that you may not know, but they're like oh wow, and they come across your story and they might have a problem and you could give them a hope without even knowing. You know that. That's what it's about, and that's why we do what we do. There was a guy when I was in sober Living. His name was Matt and he he I don't know what his deal was. Jealousy's crazy, I guess, but he was like, oh, yeah, you're and I'm in keep in mind, I'm in sober Living. I'm working at Heartsy Grove and Potoski, which is r V resort. I was making like, I don't know, fourteen bucks an hour. I worked thirty hours a week or I know. I wasn't rich, that's for sure. But he said one day, he's like, yeah, that's gonna be your downfall, Windfield. That's when you're gonna relapse because all this fortune and fames go into your head. And we started laughing, me and Ryan and Parker rest of pees guy above. I mean, but anyway, we just start dying laughing man, because we're like, wait, talking about how much money we've paid for this podcast, like it's still like we don't, we're not doing this to make money, and maybe one day it's some clips and people reach out and they're like, you have so many episodes, like this is insane, Like you could put this out for years and years and years and not even do another podcast.
Speaker 3: You could just I was like, yeah, but I think even then, you're not doing it.
Speaker 2: To get to get rich.
Speaker 3: You would be putting it out there to put back into to seventeen recovery, whether it's funding a ride, or whether it's a meeting space, or whether it's somewhere where you could do this podcast live with an audience, bigger people, or you know what I mean. So I think that's the difference of it. You're just like you always say, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to help people.
Speaker 1: I do. And now keep in mind, I want to live comfortable. I'm not gonna lie, but I'm gonna get rich when I write my movie or finish writing my movie and then shoot it and sell it. Or maybe I wouldn't. Maybe I'll just keep it and just shoot it, just watch it at my house by myself, will never show it to anybody.
Speaker 3: I could, oh, and then then it would go big when you pass away and Parker.
Speaker 2: Can have all the money.
Speaker 1: I always said, if I had money when I was in my active addiction, I would have died a long time ago. Like I feel bad for rich people or people if you know somebody with money and you're like, oh no, big god, everything, No, just pump the brakes, because addiction does not discriminate. It will to destroy your life. It doesn't matter if you have money, but to have money obviously, like me, I ran out of money because then I couldn't keep a job because well I was drinking all the time. And I just think that it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Money changes people. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: That it does, but it's not. It's not the like, yes, we love living comfortable, yeah, you know, And I don't even say I don't even I'm not trying to say I'm rich or anything, but like it's nice to have a wife who's responsible and has taught me, Hey, this is how you rebuild your credit. That's how you do like all of that falls into it, you know. And some people like, oh you got some myself, Well yeah, well I because of my wife had me fix my credit. I was able to get a credit card that had no interest for a year and a half. You can buy stuff on that one, you know, like because normally, like when we use a credit card, we will and we'll pay it right off because we don't want to pay interest. Because you start doing that, you're just a brac And then you just pay for a bunch of stuff and they'll give you cash back points. And I know I might be talking like crazy stuff to someone who is in early recovery. Is like, my credit score is like six hundred, what are you talking about? Trust me? Just stick with it and you can if you need help, reach out Corey c r I at seventeen recovery dot com. We'll get you in touch or some budgeting or some kind of credit rebuilding process will definitely help you. But but that's but that's what people seeither oh Cory got no camera or Corey did this. Well, no, Corey had fixed his credit and I think Corey's got it. See now I got to offload it to another card that has a year and a half no interest. But that's how you do it. You don't pay the interest and you get the points back and oh here's three percent back. It adds up.
Speaker 3: But I think it's not even about living comfortable per se, right, it's about we're just living responsible. Yeah, we're a little bit more responsible than when we first got sober, and definitely when we're using right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I never had money.
Speaker 1: We're not comfortable enough to be like, oh well, if everything went south, we'd be good for a year. No, we'd be the same, you know. So, but it is nice to look comfortable to do things, and I like being able to do that for people here, you know. And that's why I think that we can make a difference, because somebody that's doing your job deserves to get paid, you know, Like, yeah, I see some of these others went down in southwest Michigan. They were paying people twelve dollars an hour. Obviously nobody works there.
Speaker 2: How do you even survive?
Speaker 1: But how could you keep anybody good? Right? Because if I'm sober, I'm in recovery, I'm doing my thing. I'm not trying to make twelve dollars an hour. I want to help some people. Sure, And when I started out, yeah, I just talked about I was making fourteen dollars an hour there. But that was like a no pressure job that I could just go to and be a pickle. As our friend Tony said.
Speaker 2: Well we need that in the beginning.
Speaker 3: No brainer, not no chaos, just a job that's very super easy but also just picks up busy work for.
Speaker 1: Us, right, But not the treatment center. I would say probably for twelve dollars an hour, But I don't know. I worked at a treatment center when I first got well, not when I first got out of the treatment. There was some time in there because I didn't want to work there. We refer to it as the nasty Chinese restaurant. Tell that story in a minute. It's a good one. But with the with that, I knew that it was getting to me, the working there and the way they ran the place. And I said to myself, I can't work here more, like I can't support that mission, Like that's not helping people and I want to help people, and so I can't work anymore. And but who's I mean? That was my fifteenth time through treatment, you know, so like I had built up some callouses. I've kind of learned, Okay, well listen what you do here and this is what you do here is but like if someone who's just coming in, like I don't know that that would be scary to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I think also to it takes a certain individual to work in a treatment center.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 3: I did the women's Obviously, I don't I You couldn't pay me enough to go back and do that again.
Speaker 1: No, no, not twelve hours an hour? No, And that's the problem, you know, and figure it out.
Speaker 2: But back to the stiless story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to the fun story here. And then we got to talk about got for a minute or two. But no, the story about the Chinese restaurant is the streatment center that I went to that wasn't a big fan of Obviously. I just mentioned that, and I also mentioned that I worked there. But we were in it was some city, And how we got to the city was our friend Tyrone had jumped in the car with Joey, a guy who had lived there at the sober living house I was managing, and they were like, hey, let's go up to the store, which is right down the road, and they ended up taking him like forty minutes away to some meeting. And they thought it was hilarious that they like kidnapped him and took him to a meeting. And they thought it was great. So Joey gets in the car and without really even saying anything, we just looked at each other and we're like, yep, kidnap. And I don't remember where we went. It was like an hour and a half away. Like he was so pissed because he was like, I got stuff to do. Guys, We're like, well, I guess the meeting today is is what you're doing? And then we went to a Chinese restaurant afterward and it was gross, and there was this woman who was up at the buffet. She's getting food, that's what they do. Kind of rolled your eyes a little bit, like you were disappointed in the story how it started. So there's a woman at the buffet getting food, okay, and you're gonna roll your eyes like something bad happened.
Speaker 2: I just I can only imagine.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's exactly what you thought. So you were sitting there and I think Joey was next to me or I can't remember how who was where, but he notices the woman at the buffet and apparently the workout that she does on her backside, Joey thought it made it look really attractive. So Joey says to us, oh my God, guys, there's something to this. I can't remember exactly word for it, but he said, damn that girl's ass. We look well. Meanwhile, the bodybuilder boyfriend was right behind Joey. He was standing there right behind him doing something, and he like looked at Joey and we were just like, oh, boy, Like, let's because he heard that? Yeah, and it was. It was pretty funny though, because we were just like, oh my god, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: Joey?
Speaker 1: Wait? Look at what Joey. You know, because we were all two seventeenth out, you know, like, how awkward can we make this for Joey now?
Speaker 2: And he's kidnap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't even run to the car because he doesn't have the keys.
Speaker 2: It's not his Can I ask? Did he ever kidnap anybody? Again? No? I didn't like it being done to him.
Speaker 1: Uh no, I guess not. Yeah, he left. He was like, I want to start the podcast and you can go back and listen to episodes from then. That would have been twenty twenty, but the two seventeen app. Actually our website does too, but you have to scroll back kind of far. But if you have the two seventeen app, you can go back pretty easy. But joey'soun some of them. I think punching a kangaroo was one of them. I think that was the name of the episode, something about punching a kangaroo. Do you know what that means? No? Okay, good, I'm not telling you that's great? Are my employee? I can't do that, that's good?
Speaker 3: I don't think I I can only imagine.
Speaker 1: Ask your husband, Jesse. I didn't even know it until they I was like, what, and there's not? Oh okay, but yeah, go back and listen to that one punching the clown or punch the clown.
Speaker 2: Something like that clown or kangaroo.
Speaker 1: Those two of them. Because Chris talked about punching the kangaroo. I think it was the clown punching the clown.
Speaker 3: I guess I think I'm gonna go back and listen to it first. Well, I get never. I'll just listen to it. Go from there, get home, put it on while I'm taking a nice crap cleaning or cleaning.
Speaker 2: Let's put it in my earpod.
Speaker 1: How come women don't talk about crapping as much as men do.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it's just crapping, like you just go and take a shit and you're out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have four dogs staring at me.
Speaker 1: Take your dogs in the bathroom with you.
Speaker 2: They bust the door down. So it's just.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, when as soon as I get home, I have four dogs following me everywhere.
Speaker 1: I have a one year old that does that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I used to have just a child in the bathroom staring at me too, and then she would get you know, because now you're stuck on the toilet pooping, and now she's pulling things out.
Speaker 2: Of the drawers and the bottom of the cupboards.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad we finally got to the bottom of why women don't talk about pooping obviously, because they're worried about all the other stuff that's gonna go wrong. They got to get in now, especially once.
Speaker 3: You become a mom, you're unless someone else is either home with you. I mean, you can't even trust when they're sleeping.
Speaker 1: Does that make Does that make women not stereotyping men by assuming all men take forever in the bathroom. But I gotta check my fantasy, you know, I gotta that's the stuff I gotta do. Check cameras, check drones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that options kind of obsolete.
Speaker 1: Women don't do that though.
Speaker 2: No, you don't have time.
Speaker 1: Huh. But that doesn't make you jealous of men. No, not like man, he's in there just taking the sweet ass time.
Speaker 3: M only once in a while, what I'm ready to go and all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Like go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: No like leave because Jesse's learned some hard lessons, like he he just never if you're walking out the door and you feel a little feel, you go back what happened? Well, I mean, oh, there's this once upon a time that he was on.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad for him. He was on these diuretics and I mean he was on.
Speaker 1: Like sorry, me and Parker here more.
Speaker 3: And then you love that party coming in all it's like five thousand milligrams, so you had to take a day. So everything that went in just didn't sustain in the body. So we had you.
Speaker 2: We just don't pass up good bathrooms, so or any bathroom.
Speaker 3: Actually, especially after we had to break into one of someone's house, we knew we don't really break in.
Speaker 2: We just went in poop he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we have the crew here, poop and crew. But I'm glad that that you were willing to talk about that today. I didn't want to talking about God too, So we go from pooping and women talking about pooping it's nothing to do with this episode, to God. Yeah, and today I started kind of going into about how my day was thrown off in scotting him. But everything happens for a reason. And I was disappointed when I left, when I was like, we're not going to do the project or even begin it today, and I'm disappointed, and oh there was another person that didn't show up or whatever, and I was like, Okay, well, I don't know, maybe i'll email that person later. And I figured out I was driving back and I'm just thinking, like, why didn't God want that to happen at because it was at a church as we were a meeting. I'm like, why didn't he want that to happen at his church? Like what's going on? But then I get back here and I started in on doing other stuff that I'm supposed to do, and then the other person comes and then they're like hey, and they were given the wrong time too, so there was like definitely a time issue thing, and it's just perfect. It happened exactly I was supposed to go. When that person came, we had this really good conversation for a couple hours I think, yeah, and him cried a little bit, But it all goes back to faith and having faith in God. And God's brought me this far, and I'm not going to throw out there he brought me this for He's not going to fail me now. Because the Lord giveth, the Lord can take it away. And I'm not trying to stay up here trying to say hey, no. I'm trying to say, though, is that there's a reason that that happened. And there's a reason that it's beyond my concept of even knowing of why it happened that way or why I had to talk to the person that I talked to for so long today and it was just it was good and it went better than if we actually would have done the project. Yeah, just for me and my soul. Like as a person like me, as a person likes to do work in projects and stuff, I'd be like no, no, no, I would rather But for me, my soul, I think I needed that more today.
Speaker 3: I think so because when you came, when you came back, you were you were very disappointed, you were upset and I think it's because you were It's more about just being disappointed that were hurt that it didn't happen, because you've been looking you really, you have been looking forward to this even though and then it's the nerves and all that, and they're sleeping and so then all that it rushes in and it comes to play and then like you were feeling, you were just saying, You're like, now I'm drained.
Speaker 2: Now I'm tired.
Speaker 3: Now I'm because it's like all them emotions come in and then they go out, and then it's just like you're kind of blah after that.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't tired until I got back here, and I was just like, oh, but it's because all that excitement is gone and it's just like I slept two hours last night. Oh wait I did.
Speaker 2: It was like like I told you, what can we do?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: What can we do now? And that's why I said I want to do a podcasts.
Speaker 1: Nope, because at that time I was not ready to do a podcast. But after my conversation with Tony or whatever, it was great. So I was like, yeah, no, it happened in the way I was supposed to. I got peeling face going on which I'm not excited about. I had a facial, not like the movies like the people watch on their phones and stuff, but like a facial like with acid or something. I don't know what it is. It burns the skin off your face.
Speaker 2: From the dermatologists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't look for her license. I should have, but it again, that's another reason why maybe it wasn't supposed to be today. Maybe that was that was God's thing. Man, He was like, no, not today, No you want to, but you're gonna wait.
Speaker 2: And maybe there's something bigger right coming out of it. We don't know, or maybe it was just that you.
Speaker 3: It really was that you needed that that talk with that person you know and your soul to you know, just state where you are. Because you were also laughing too, which was good for us to hear because knowing that you were hurt and disappointed when you got back here and then to hear you guys laughing and that other person their laugh is just you can't help but kind of giggle too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was good. And so just if you have those things not go your way and yeah, but this is the biggest day ever. This is the biggest just pose it, pump the brakes because you might look back one day and thank God that that didn't go that way, or you know, we were talking about something in Mitch was saying his mom was almost at the walmart here in Traverse City when the stabbing happened and she needed to go to pick up a prescription or something. But then there was some other stuff that happened and it derailed her and she ended up going that day. But that's a good thing. Even though that day she was pissed because she wanted to go pick up her prescription so that she didn't have to mess with it the next day. But in reality she's like, whoa, I'm glad I had to do with that other bs. But at the time she was like pissed.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and I think we, well, most of us, that happens, right, We.
Speaker 1: Have a plan, especially me. I mean, your husband's the same way.
Speaker 3: This is the plan, and I don't want something diverts me from that plan.
Speaker 1: It's the worst thing ever, but there's you.
Speaker 3: Know, for whatever reason, there's reasons that that it happens. I'm not all he's looking at them reasons right then or thankful. Most of the time, I can just kind of carry on and go with the flow. But there's times I get I get frustrated too, and then I fight it and then I waste more energy then.
Speaker 1: But I have I guess four months of seven years and I still have not thought about drinking as a way to solve a frustration or an anger, or a disappointment or a heartbreak or a loss whatever. I have not one time has it popped into my brain. Hey man, let's go get drunk now.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing for sure.
Speaker 1: Even when Martie and I had our first fight and it was misunderstanding, but like we slept in different rooms that night, like I was like, and she was like. And I drove to a meeting of an hour and a half away the next day because I was like, I'm still films some kind of why. I knew to go hit a meeting. So I did, and it was on my way back, I hit two meetings, I ad AA and then at NA. On the way home, that's when it hit me that, oh, my god, dude, you did not one time think about drinking. Old me would have been, oh, this is all your fault. You made me drink because you said this, and I did this and it's your fault. This one was like no, no, no. And then I got back and I was excited and I was like Marnie, oh my god, like look, I just realized, like I did not want to. But early on, when you when you make those I don't want to those huge changes, they're monumental, they're huge. And when you can notice that you didn't think about drinking, holy shit, Like it's like mind blowing. It's working. It's like when you start a diet and then two months later you jump on the scale and you lost twenty pounds, like shit, it's working. You don't see it every day, but it's working, you know, and you're eating healthier, you know, like if you're eating ice cream every day and nachos and French fries or whatever, what do you think is going to happen? But if you're being responsible responsible, But if you're just eating healthy you know, chicken, you're putting.
Speaker 3: In that little effort of work into it. And and it's everything that we do in life recovery, being in shape, eating a better and sometimes eating a different diet. It might not all be about just to lose weight or this. It might be about because some foods affect.
Speaker 2: Me a certain way, or I break out in a reaction when.
Speaker 3: I eat I think people like when people eat bread or they eat certain type of nuts like peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Oh, that went the wrong way anyways.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they assume all black people are from African and America.
Speaker 2: Y'ad just sometimes changes my words around.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know you're special.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm not perfect. I's got to practice that.
Speaker 1: Favorite drop of but I had to hit it sparingly. Yeah, and make sure I'm deep into the episodes so people understand us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't ever live that one down.
Speaker 1: I think you have to explain it every time, don't you? Or don't you there you are? Don't you?
Speaker 2: I don't want to Nope.
Speaker 1: There's an episode with Marnie.
Speaker 2: She left me solo out there.
Speaker 1: I think she had to go change Parker in the bedroom and then you were out there and just got to go in.
Speaker 2: I was trying to explain this training that we were at, and.
Speaker 1: I was like being like, I don't know, not very friendly or I was like trying to be I don't know what I was trying to do. I was trying to be something I'm sure as He's the one.
Speaker 3: That I got to sit there all day with Jesse and Parker and have fun. And me and Marnie have to go and put on our face and two seventeen recovery and eat this rapp Peek cafeteria food that wasn't lancing or something, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I have no idea where this was.
Speaker 1: No Jackson, didn't we do it? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because then we did the escape room. Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: Wells we got out thanks to Marnie, I think and everybody else. I didn't do anything. The first couple of minutes, I'm like, I can do this. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is the first couple of minutes. It was dark, and when Parker starts crying, we were like, I don't know. That was fun, but it's a lot. Yeah, look for this over here in this hole in the wall, and then this and I don't know how to read between the lines.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we shouldn't started hitting the clue button right from the start. All right, what's next, what's next? What's next? Because some of that stuff was like we're looking all over dumb stuff now. But we did it, and we have fun. That part was fun, and that's what I hope you take away from this podcast is sometimes you might not think you're having a good time, but really on the other end, you are. You just don't know it yet.
Speaker 3: I like something that you said today, You said, why am I not having a good day?
Speaker 2: Maybe I am, and I just don't know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did say that, didn't im because it could be a lot worse. I guarantee you there's millions of people out there right now that would trade places with me in a heartbeat, right now, at this very minute, and I know that I appreciate it, and I have health, and I appreciate all the stuff that God's done for me and that he allowed me to make it through the addiction to alcohol and to have an actual life and to be married and to have a son, and it's pretty cool. So God, thank you, because I could have done it without God.
Speaker 2: No me neither. I am.
Speaker 3: Just like all the stuff that has happened over my time in sobriety ten and a half years, it just I didn't have God. I I definitely probably wouldn't be here right now either. And right now I'm kind of going through this whole really trying to lean into my God of my understanding and rely on him to, I don't know, kind of show me some relief or guidance on I mean, my daughter's gonna be eighteen and less than thirty days, and I'm in the process of kind of writing a blog about this about how you know, I've been saying for all these years, almost eighteen years, I've been saying, I can't wait until she's eighteen and I'm free and.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do what I want. And now I'm just, honestly, the more and more I'm fucking scared.
Speaker 1: For her or for you all above Just all you know is you have a scared feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I definitely can't save her protector.
Speaker 2: I have to let her go fully.
Speaker 1: Or you could buy some chains. Well you don't have a basement yet, me buy some shovels.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to get kidnapping.
Speaker 1: What's your kid something you Yeah, you can kidnap your kidne yet offser When I put the chain's honors, who's seventeen? Yeah, I lost the key? Oops. Yeah, Well, the scared thing is something that I definitely can relate to, but that'll have to be saved for another episode. But God, thank you I know you're listening. You're a big fan. Well, thank you for everything you've done in my life and the way it's turned around. As the Lord, I give you the credit me too.
Speaker 2: Thanks Day of sobriety.
Speaker 1: And until next time, peas out checking your Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen Recovery, The Dumm