Speaker 1: He'll be don't be bait. It's the internet. You're busy. Let's do this for December sixth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grubb Today Indiana Jones reviews are out and should we be turning up the hype for the Game Awards. But first please join me and welcome today's co host the Game Mess Mornings. It's t More, who's saying, everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show people because they demanded it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they demanded to see the shirt the shut by Cortes. Yeah, look at that thing. Yeah, how can I go?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You go here to walk a step towards your monitor, towards the towards the I'm sorry, towards the TV. Now yeah, now just do a hop to the left. Yeah, and now he did the time warp again. Every buddy, hooray. Yeah, looking very good. I like that a lot. It's very nice. Also, do set up huh yeah, a new setup.
Speaker 2: I'm running a Mac Mini.
Speaker 3: The new Mac Minis are out and they are M four chips and I've never owned a Mac personal computer, but they're very very affordable, and I was like, you know what, well, I say, very very affordable.
Speaker 2: It's like six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: But it's affordable for grants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a Mac, and I wanted something lower profile because prior to this, I was running everything through a single razor laptop. Yeah, which I used primarily for like gaming and capture as well previously. But it was getting a bit much and the whole thing was a mess. Right now, I got a new desk from flexis Spot. I paid money using the Flexi Spot one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's good. I like it.
Speaker 3: I wish I had bought a bigger one. This is still bigger than my previous desk, but I wish I had bought bigger one. Flexi Spot if you want, took me up with a bigger desk, hollow at your boy. I also made some catastrophic errors in like putting it together, where like it.
Speaker 2: Stripped the screw.
Speaker 3: I hate when that happens. I didn't do anything weird, it just happens. So then I ha to get like smaller, bigger screws to do it. I tried the old The was like the toothpick in the whole trick. Where you put toothpicks and break them off, put some glue in, and then like try and screw it. It didn't work, but yeah, now, and then I remounted my monitors. So now I have my monitor here, and then I've got one of those above monitors I've got right now, I can look up and i can see you, Jeff up there. I've got one monitor on my right as well for like gaming. And then all of these monitors are also plugged into the gaming PC as well, which which is also connected via Xbox one, Xbox Series X no S and the PS five. Good And let me tell you, it was a nightmare to get all that stuff together.
Speaker 1: I bet I like it.
Speaker 3: The handshaking shit is so annoying. Yeah, and then I have blood Bone running on my TV.
Speaker 1: Yep, there it is. I Yeah. I tried to set it up so that I because the way I have it in my room here is there's the big TV over here with all the consoles, and then my like right next to this desk has the PC and so the PlayStation five is there. And I try I'm like, I'll get a splitter and I'll have it like send a signal off of the TV and off of the computer so I don't have to like swap it all the time. And it's like getting one of those that will like, Okay, we'll send a signal into like the sound bar and then into the TV and then over the computer, and then we'll also maintain all of the HDR and the you know HD my two point one and all that stuff. It was such a headache and it still doesn't really work to this day. So you know, I just got like, okay, I'll fine, I'll turn off and I just won't use that for now until I figure out a fix for this.
Speaker 2: And that's I turn off.
Speaker 3: I turn off HDR on most of the games I play because I look at it and I'm like, it doesn't look as it doesn't look at vibrant, like I like the vibrancy in games. Yeah, and Hi is like, yeah, we made it look more accurate. I'm like, yeah, I just wanted to look good. I don't really care about accurate.
Speaker 1: Really, like really, your mileage is going to very depending on the TV and then how well it's implemented into the games. So there's a lot of factors there, and it's yeah, yeah, I find myself turning it off, especially on PC at the very least, because it's just yeah, never good on PC.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I, Jeff Grub will help pce your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for a Games Mornings or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on you YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with indie reviews. Indiana Jones reviews are out. It's got like a eighty seven on Metacritic. I think it bounce between that in eighty six, and it has an eighty six on Open. Critic Catherine Castle at Eurogamer gave it five stars, says it's smart, fun, and so very Indiana Jones. The Great Circle is a stealth action tour de force that marks a bold new era for machine games. Anthony Taramina at Game Rank gave it an eight out of ten and said Indiana Jones in the Great Circle offers some of the best puzzle and tomb rating in video games, matching Spielberg's films in many respects, and then Azario Lopez from Noise and Pixel gave it a seven, says Indiana Jones and the Great Circle captures the spirit of adventure with the nostalgic puzzles, richly detailed, richly detailed environments, and thrilling set pieces. While it stumbles with lackluster AI and clunky item management, its charm and sense of discovery make it a rear arding journey for fans of the iconic archaeologist. You've been playing this, right, I have, yeah.
Speaker 3: I I don't care about Indiana Jones one bit, well, not not one bit. I watched the movies and I'm like, I watched the I watched Raiders. Obviously, Raiders is a really fun movie. And what was the other one? Templar Doom I enjoyed as well. Post Like Indiana Jones in his heyday, I haven't really watched I watched The Shilah Buffalo and I was like, you know what, I think I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you are not guilty of anything wrong there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, So I'm not like crazy about I'm not like, I'm not I'm not into Indiana Jones the way white people are into Indiana Jones as well.
Speaker 1: Believe that, Yes, and.
Speaker 3: Even still, I am pretty impressed with the way that they have recaptured that the spirit of Indiana Jones. Whether it's even though it's not like John Williams scoring this, it's not like Bielberg and crew writing it.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Devin Harrison Ford talking in it. We've got young Troy Baker there and they're doing everyone's absolutely nailing. And yeah, the writing is amazing. I think, I mean, I think it's fair m M. I think like the writing in this game, I think, based on the little bits of the other movies that I've seen, is probably better than most of that. It certainly has a more captivating villain, it's certainly. Yeah, it's it's more it feels more authentic to everything. And I know that right now everyone's kind of upset that the opening prologue section recreates, you know, a scene, an iconic scene from an older movie.
Speaker 1: But really that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like I don't know, man. I feel like if you take look at the people.
Speaker 3: Who made this game, they're clearly head over heels in love with this franchise and they want to do right by it, and they know it and they love it and they care about it. And you give those people an opportunity to make an interactive first person version of that first scene that people can play, You bet your ass they're taking it.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's a good idea, it was, It's all around. I liked it. It was a good ex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not and it's not like it's not like people.
Speaker 2: It's not like coming from a cynical place.
Speaker 3: To me, it feels like the people who made this were like, oh, we really should want to do this just to say we did it and we can knock it out the park and we can't. Yeah, exactly, and we can also set the tone with this. And yeah, I've seen people on various social networks and that kind of stuff talking about, you know, how lazy it was or whatever it may be. And I was just like, I grow up, I don't care, shut up.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm enjoying the game a lot. I think it's really well done. I think that in terms of nailing the vibe of Indiana Jones, they really do go over the top to get all of that right. When the Indian when the John Williams score does come in, like his his classic tunes, like obviously he's not scoring the game with new music, but the uses themes. When that stuff comes in and you're using the whip and you're running from from explosions and giant you know, machine guns firing at you, and then you run into a room and you punch a Nazi in the face and they make the big meaty sound, all that stuff is really fantastic. I think that the environments, like the scenes like themselves, the actual places that you're in setting is like all that stuff also really works. It's not just like we're just gonna it's gonna be on a globe trotting adventure. It's a globe trotting adventure that tries to have like familiar like imagery, so it always feels like Indiana Jones, like, yeah, you're back in the desert, so we're gonna have some stuff that looks like the stuff you've seen in Indiana Jones movies, and that doesn't feel gratuitous. It feels like the right move because while this is a side story to what has happened in Indiana Jones, elsewhere, this is the Indiana Jones video game, and you want it to feel like that, and they get all that stuff right. I think my I think where I'm like, oh, I'm surprised so many people are really vibing with this because I think the pacing is a little weird, where you can spend a very long time in these big, very open areas walking back and forth completing tasks, and you know.
Speaker 2: There's in the Vatican.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so you're in the Vatican and it's like they recreated the whole thing and you're gonna go in the Sisteine Chapel a bunch of times, and there's people to talk to and whenever you talk to a character that they rendered as like for one of these side quests, it's good and they are interesting and they have fun things to say, and then you'll go do their quest. And I don't think those quests are always super fascinating, but they're also not bad. It's just like, at a certain point, when you're in our five of being in the Vatican, it's like, okay, IV kind of I'm getting a little sick of this now. To be fair, right around then is when it does end as well, and then you move on to the next thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: Not as like whip cracking like Indiana gets in a situation. He's he discovers something important and as he's having this realization, the nazis break through the wall right at that moment, and then he's off to the next next place. That's how the movies go. The game has to stop and say, we took a long time building this, We're gonna let you do some more archaeology and puzzles and stuff like that to kind of fill it in. And it's a fair trade. I think it's just like I think it does hurt the pacing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's the side stuff in the oh, the stuff that can make you spend a lot of time in places like the bat can are very much optional, and they're kind of designed so that you have this system called adventure points where if you do indie shit, but like you know, you pick up a letter that says, hey, you meet me at this place at this time and show you the mysterious thing that I found, and you're like oh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go see what that's all about.
Speaker 3: You unlock some adventure points, which then you can use later on to when you find these books to kind of spend on upgrading your abilities. It's not a skill tree. It's like in India will read a book and be like, oh, so this is how I punch harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And then so that part of it is is kind of in your to your discretion. But the thing that I was very surprised back by is one the game doesn't fall into that typical video game adaptation trap where they take a franchise and then they always filter it through the exact same what our video games filter or lens, where suddenly it takes whatever game it is and turns it into an action game yep, where it's like, oh, here we have Shortshank Redemption the video game. Everyone's shooting and punching each other, our hair's twelve angry men the video game. Everyone's shooting it and punching each other, our hair's I don't know, can.
Speaker 2: There will be blood.
Speaker 3: Everyone's shooting, punching and attacking aliens, and it's like, why did you do this? They clearly I went and looked at and there was like, what can we make? How can we turn Indiana Jones into a video game? And what they did was they found a a really nice middle ground and used some some kind of like design elements that they're very familiar with or have access to expertise on, and that is, you know, exploration, health, and some immersive sim elements as well, which I mean machine games is no isn't known for their immersive simness, but they are stablemates with Arcane and obviously what was the name of that co op uh uh Wolfenstein game again?
Speaker 2: Young Blood I think young Blood Blood, new Bloods.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, the team that goes back to the Chronicles of Riddick And it's like, you see.
Speaker 3: Really feels like that, And I wasn't expecting that at all. I outside of like the tutorial where they teach you have to punch and parry, I haven't got into any combat, and that's by design. You can choose to to get into combat. I feel like if you, yeah, if you if you try and like go combat as the main form of like your interaction with enemies, I think it could get stale after a little while. Yeah, they don't make Indiana Jones like capable of.
Speaker 1: Like much super He's a guy.
Speaker 2: He's just a man.
Speaker 3: He can like punch block and that's about it. And maybe you can use your whip to drag people or disarm people. That's fine, and it's fun when you do it, but I think it's we say this. Our review was written by Richard Wakeling, and he says it in a review as well. It's more fun if you do it every now and then, right, because then you can have that moment where you're like, haha, you go indie, and then you can just carry on with your business. But for the most part, I've just been like skulking around and I've been like keeping the eye and they do really nice things with like you know, taking the time to create and fully flesh out all these environments like the Vatican, Like I have not into the Vikan have I been.
Speaker 2: I've been to the vicant.
Speaker 1: She so high I couldn't remember. I don't remember much about.
Speaker 2: The vacant after going there.
Speaker 3: I think the pup was real mad at me for spray painting on the side of the wall. But I've been like looking around and it's really nice and like just absorbing the environment, which is really cool and and the pace of it is something that I'm really enjoying, having come off like a bunch of like faster pace games recently. Just taking my time walking around doing Indiana Jones stuff like finding little mysteries, pulling a lever, Wow, secret door, what's that down there? I'm gonna like this bressire that kind of stuff. It's it's a lot of fun. I did not expect to be as And I know a few hardcore Indiana Jones fans, like one of the guys we used to work in the UK team, Adam Mason. He's got a phone cover that he has very hastily used like red bubble to print out and did not pay attention to the actual dimensions. So he has a phone case that reads Indian Joan and he is a big, big fan of Indiana Johnes obviously, And I am just I wish I could just be in the room and watching play this game like some sort of weird video game experience cock and like, I am sure that anyone who loves Indiana Jones is going to have a wonderful time with this game.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the machine games man.
Speaker 3: Like it's also like a really interesting, really cool and really exciting example of that team diversifying a little bit of what they do. I'm sure people were. I was one of the people who was upset where I was like, can you just make them make a Wolfenstein again?
Speaker 2: Please? They're just so good at that.
Speaker 3: But they put this game out and I was like, fair play. I was not proven wrong. I didn't expect it would be bad, but I was like, I'll take that. That's an ex so far, an excellent job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They really did a very good job, and it's I think it sets them up to make more of these. I expect him to hop right back in and make a couple more Indiana Jones games, at least one more after this as a follow up.
Speaker 2: I'll just like, let's not do too many of those though, please.
Speaker 1: No, no, I do expect I expect them to do at least one more, though, So.
Speaker 2: You know what they should do. They should they should do one one. It should be young Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: That's that would be very cool to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there would, and then they kill him off.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's and that's the the Indie Fails timeline going for. Yeah, the last couple of things, I think that, uh, like you said the villain's very good. It is very good. It's like if you liked the villain characters and hating them in Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein to excuse me, the new Colossus. You will see a lot of that here. It works very well here as well.
Speaker 3: The way you pronounce the name of that game. There has also created the opportunity to make another game, Wolfenstein Wolfstein Wolfenstein game where you play the dog. Come on wolf Stein wolfin Stein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the d make where you're on rough machine games.
Speaker 2: Job ever you.
Speaker 1: And then I think the one of the small disappointments for the game for me is uh Indiana Jones as a fan. The whole idea from the beginning was Lucas was saying to Spielberg, well, I you want to make a James Bond movie, I got something better. Let's do this. There's this guy Indiana, and he chases after mcguffins that are actually really magic. They're really a thing that is interesting in their own unlike most mcguffins and movies which are and for people don't like. Most people are gonna know what mcguffin is. But Mcguffin's just a thing, a character chases in a movie, it gives them a reason to move the plot forward. But in Indiana Jones that they were supposed to be Like, no, it's really is the Ark of the Covenant, and you're gonna it is gonna be the thing at the end of the movie that is going to change things. The Great Circle, I'm like struggling to It's just not like one thing, right, It's not like, oh the Cup of Christ. Uh.
Speaker 2: Great circle is the friends you made along the way.
Speaker 1: It really is, like you really have to just kind of accept that because it's the itself is not super interesting so far, but yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: Everything of the story.
Speaker 3: Have you heard the story behind like the franchise where Steven Spielberg and George Lucas met in an elevator and like quickly pitched him on it and that's how we got Kingdom Hearts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, you're proud of yourself.
Speaker 3: Yes, everyone for your Kingdom Hose finals dying to tell you that every single it's the Vego Morrison kicked the helmet like Kingdom has people.
Speaker 1: Lucas did break his toe in that elevator as well. Absolutely all right, I'm gonna keep playing Indiana I'm like twelve thirteen hours in and yeah, I'm looking forward to see you.
Speaker 2: It's not super long as well. It's like twenty hours your compussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like three big areas then or is it like four big areas.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm not all the way through it, but you can add more time to it, obviously if you do everything on the side. And yeah, but I think it's fairly breezy. Our review it was like, yeah, I just it didn't take that long at all. I mean I was like twenty plus hours.
Speaker 1: But also very easy to adjust difficulties for every little thing, like you can do it across the board. But then each thing has like a bunch of different settings underneath that. So if you want the combat to like be like, hey, I want them to take more damage when I shoot them, but I still want to be pretty vulnerable myself, you could set it that way. So pretty cool. All right, let's move along here, Reuters says UBI Soft shareholders are in talks over possible buyout terms. This is from Sal Ramano at Damatsu. Ubisoft shareholders are considering how to structure a possible buyout. Two people familiar with the matter told Reuters the Guimo family, which is the largest and founding shareholder of Ubisoft, has reportedly been in talks with ten Cent, which owns a ten percent steak in the company and Let's See Yes, and other shareholders in recent weeks about a funding a boy funding a management led buyout. People said that the Guimo family would likely retain control over the company, but ten Cent has not decided whether it will participate in a buyout and increase and increase its stake in the company. Ten Cent is said to have asked for a greater say on future board decisions in return, which the Gilloma family has not agreed to. Discussions are reportedly ongoing as ten Cent would like to prevent a hostile takeover of you Besoft by other investors. One person said ten cents plan is to remain patient and wait for the Gimeo family to agree to a deal, which seems like it might be the right strategy if you're ten Cent, right, because the Guimo family you be soft there. They're only going to feel more pressure going forward, especially assassage Creed Shadows. If that doesn't work out, like this company is going to be in dire straits and will be a target for a hostile take over at that point, because the stock price will dip even further, and it has dipped quite a bit recently. You know what, I don't necessarily know what the fallout from all this would be. This is a company that needs new leadership. I feel like so them trying to find a way to struggle to keep the Gioma family in charge. I don't think this is going to solve anything long term for yousoft from the people that work at that company. What do you think, dam I mean, yeah, not.
Speaker 2: I feel like the.
Speaker 3: State that ibstuff currently in is very much chickens coming home to roost. It's become very reliant on a singular franchise, I think, and it's also become very reliant on a specific type of gameplay model and design template in a lot of ways. They had a period of time where they were being very experimental and that paid off in two different regards. But I feel like it's very risk averse now, and you can tell for me as someone on the outside looking in, the impact of that is quite noticeable and severe. Where a game like Prince of Persia The Lost Crown is probably my favorite use of game that's been made in quite a long time, and the team, the way that team was treating, you know, like disbanded instead of being told, hey, you guys nailed it.
Speaker 2: You folks nailed it, knocked out the park. What do you want to do next? How do you?
Speaker 3: How can we support you? You know, they've been turned into I don't know what the rumor is, like Rayman them or whatever it may be. It's just like, ah, I decide if they bring back Rayman, they're doing the stupidest thing. No one, no one gives a shit about Raymon. Okay, those games are cool, but like.
Speaker 1: Well, myself, I like ray Man. I don't know, I'm not pining for it.
Speaker 3: Feel like you could take those original games, remove Rayman from there, and put some amorphous blob back in, and the games are still bangers. I do love, like, yeah, morphas blobs are pretty good, good character on them. But I would prefer if they took all that engineerity and put it in like Prince of Persia or some new thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't feel like that's the smart move there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's definitely like not going to be the key to their their success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not at all, but yeah, I don't I feel like the problem we have is upper in the upper echelons. They have very like ingrained, entrenched, archaic thinking, and the people that are in at the wheel or the reason that it's still there, they they have built a company on the success of one major franchise and then basically, you know, oriented everything around that franchise, and that franchise is kind of waning, like people aren't as into it anymore as they used to be. I mean, like Assassin's Creed is always going to have some level of perennial popularity, but it's no longer the industry the cultural touchstone that it once was in the et CEO days, and even as like post et CEO, I don't I think that franchise has got by by being there at a start of generations and also by drastically evolving what it is. I feel like evolving into an old world which are starting brought gave it a new lease on life. But that lease on life has got a very short half life, and we're quickly realizing that, oh they're just kind of extending the life of that by doing just barely changing things or hoping for the best. And like the last effort to try and evolve the experience of Assassin's Creed was We've created this hub where you can live an Assassin's Creed life and it will link to other Assassins Creed tiles.
Speaker 1: That like manifested in any way. It's not Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: And I can tell you no one gets a shit about that. Okay, there's very few people.
Speaker 2: On this planet that are like that into into Assassins Creed that they're like.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I can't wait to have a glorified Assassin's Creed launcher. I love Assassin's Creed. I'm very excited for Shadow. I love the Assassin's Creed. Now I'm all like, yeah, checking game by game, that's that's not the one man like and and I feel like the problem they have is they're unwilling to change anything because the biggest successes that they've had have been by placing Assassins Creed front and center. And when you have shareholders who are like more money, graft go up, and you have no other like verifiable, provable, evidential avenue that has shown you that you can make a lot of money in a different way, you your result is rely on some rely on Assassin's Creed or chase trends, and that's exactly what they've done on both counts. And while the Assassin's Creed train can keep rolling a little bit longer, the chasing trends is clearly falling apart.
Speaker 2: People are losing their drugs. X definans been closing down.
Speaker 3: Even stuff like Star Wars has been kind of like eh, came and went, and I feel like that that company needs a complete overhaul. I don't like ten Cent taking over anything, but there is a some real questions need to be like gim only to be taken into a room and been like, what fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Yep, I think what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think right, that's that is actually the thing that would solve everything. Uh yeah, I mean, you know, like you mentioned the ex Defiance closing down, they said they're still committed to live service games. They're it's like, you know, they're gonna just keep doing the things they've been doing because they have the same leadership, so we shouldn't expect anything different from them, and this whole deal is going to maintain that status quo even if it changes, like oh, it's not a publicly traded company. It's privately owned, but the Gamel family still owns the majority, with ten Cent right next to them.
Speaker 2: I think it's really I'm going to press save this company.
Speaker 3: I think it's really impressive that they can commit to live service games despite repeatedly failing at live service games.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a real good.
Speaker 3: Like example or like real good evidence of how much brain rot trend chasing and the live service like the of goal that is forever at the bottom of that rain is they've had one good live service success, and that's Assassin's not Assassin Cry, that's a Rainbow six siege each other than that, they put out crap after crap that hasn't worked.
Speaker 2: Even their best live service.
Speaker 3: Games hasn't performed in the way that they probably want, something like The Division, which is ye, I mean like they were good games, but were they popping off in the way that they thought they would as a live service game. No, they're not, But yet they keep going for it, which is like why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Like I know Eaves can sit there and like whoever else is on the executive can sit there and keep making that decision, keep pressing the same button with very little change to their daily life. But people are suffering, like people are going down, and like you can keep trying to put out whatever these side projects are like xtra fine, and they probably won't work. Like the closest you're getting is for Honna, and that was like not a major success either.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Something needs to change.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it's and this does not seem like it's going to lead to that change. So they're gonna let the game of family sweat it out. Maybe that changes the calculus at some point for that family, and they do are are willing to give a control, but so far that doesn't seem like an option. And then you know, on the other side, who's waiting for them. It's ten cents, so ten cent. I don't think they're going to come in there there it is already have ten percent. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll get to the rest of the news, including some people teasing some big stuff for the Game Awards. Talk about that right after this. All right. Tam uh Andy over att the Video Games Chronicle is trying to get people hyped up for the Game Awards.
Speaker 3: This comes from my Nintendo News saying I've been on the other end of Andy many many years. Yes, his colleagues right exactly, So I'll have you judge he's usually right honestly.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, he's He's good at it. It turns out there's a lot of stuff happen, people whisper a lot more In Europe. It turns out next week is the biggest gaming towards ceremony of the year, the Game Awards, and each year people have reasonably high expectations for the annual event and are generally left a feeling somewhat disappointed. It seems as though that may not be the case for this year's event, though. Andy Robinson at VGC has been stoking the fire on x saying that he is expecting a very big Game Awards next week. Fire up the hype train, that is that's a quote from Andy Robinson. Whether this turned out.
Speaker 2: He just says that all the time, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I worked with Andy for five plus years and on Friday we'd go and get chicken pasties. He'd get pasties, and before we'd go every time he'd be like, far up the hype train, Yeah, yeah, chicken pasties.
Speaker 1: I saw him at Summer Game Fest and then he's like, I got to go to the bathroom. I gotta go fire up the hype train. I'm like, what is he talking about?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 3: He go He ordered a coffee one time and then he was like hold on. He was like going to have an Olt milk lacke, and then the Bristol was like all right, cool, and then he went, can I have a vanilla?
Speaker 2: Fire up the hype? I was like, why did you do that? You don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: I saw him sitting alone. I asked, what's wrong. He says, I fired up the hype train. This is a good or a bad thing? Andy, I can't tell anymore. So anyway, he said that Tom Warren from The Verge, I was like, I agree. He retweeted it and said, I also think this is going to be a big one. So I'm not like we've been busy with getting ready for shit. So I've not like been out there like trying to hit the streets trying to find out what's going on. I have no idea. I'm getting pretty excited.
Speaker 3: I would say it's going to be a good game. Awards, Yes, I would say telling people it's going to be a good game awards the best how you make it not a.
Speaker 1: Good game way to make sure people.
Speaker 3: If you are like in a privileged position like we are, where you hear things and people tell you this is going to be the the smartest thing to do is tell no one tell. Don't even act like you know anything. Don't potentially be like, hey, guys, it's going to be cool. Trust me, never say that because you say this is going to be pretty cool. And on the other side, Bloodborn two has been like fully specked out by a forum post and you're like, oh god, yeah, this has happened to me before.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hey, the people that I'm talking to or say this PlayStation state of place is going to be pretty good, and then people disagree with the final result of that and they get very mad at me. I'm like, listen, other people said it. I'm just prepared, and it's like, you know what, I shouldn't have said anything. You're right.
Speaker 3: The issue that we have is when people say it like who have some understanding or like have some right to Yeah, they say it relative to like.
Speaker 2: Maybe the last one or maybe you know.
Speaker 3: An understanding of like what people expect currently versus what they see could come when people who see that outside, who don't have that knowledge, they are comparing it to the best Game Awards moment of all time.
Speaker 1: This is the common way that the thing they've been pining for is about to happen. Like you said, born too, yes.
Speaker 3: Like right now, yeah, the only way that the only thing that people can see is something better than elden Ring, because that's like one of the high points of Game Awards, right and like that, no setting himself up for failure there man, But and and he's right, It's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be cool and cool for sure. That's that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be cool, yep, because we're going to have a show there as well, down to the Game Awards.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be the coolest game.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the coolest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you can watch us live being goofs.
Speaker 1: I think if like I'm trying to think, like what could be very big and it's like I'm obviously of course without a doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, if Eve Game came on and sold.
Speaker 3: Live on stage, they're very good live auction is pretty great, that would be great and.
Speaker 1: Sold to snoop Dog and stop to that guy wearing.
Speaker 2: Is there a beyond Good and Evil one T shirt?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Part of me is like I'm doing the thing we could switch to really appear here. Is that possible? Maybe maybe some surprising new uh you know x Xbox thing. I mean, Tom Warrens is someone who covers a lot of Microsoft. Maybe that's what you know. So I'm trying to connect the dots already and Tam, you know what I'm doing. Set myself up for disappointing yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there will be some things that people I don't think, Oh for sure, expect expect it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's going to be enjoyable.
Speaker 3: I think the the runtime to two is hours is going to breeze by, and more than anything, we'll get to hopefully here the game awards orchestra do the metaphor battle theme.
Speaker 1: I think that is that is very likely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't wait for that. That's I just want to see that guy popping off.
Speaker 1: If he's the flute guy, just going wild with.
Speaker 3: If they replace replace the vocal guy with flu it's just a flus exactly.
Speaker 1: They should definitely do that, or just like he accompanies the vocal guy. Yeah, that'd be awesome. Well, hey, Game Awards next Thursday, we will have the pre show. What time does that start? On December twelfth?
Speaker 3: I believe All One starts at two pm to be in Pacific. Yes, and then we're gonna have a live stage. Me and Lucy are going to be hosting. We're gonna have guests coming through, a bunch of developers from games that came out this year, munch of nominees.
Speaker 2: We're going to kick it over to Jeff.
Speaker 3: Grub is going to be doing interviews out on the state, out on the floor, and then Dan is going to be knocking about as well, doing manon Street stuff. John's going to be Everyone's going to be there Smash Brother style and it will go straight into the official pre show for the Game Awards. We're working with Jeff to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. We're going to be physically in La outside of the hall, so you'll see some of what's going on out and about as well, and.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun. Yeah, if you're attending the show, the segments I'm doing might occasionally need someone and to like come in there like an interview and you ask you about your favorite games of the year. So I don't know if you see me or Jan or Sean, uh, you know, grab our attention if if we're.
Speaker 3: Not, we have security and we have told him to be as agro as possible.
Speaker 1: Well you're gonna get some ship.
Speaker 2: You will get your ask.
Speaker 1: You're good if you don't try, If you just look like God, you tried eye contact with me.
Speaker 2: I hope you try me too, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to see I'll want that security to do some work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I want them to just sit around and get paid. They gotta. I want to see a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, colaradis if you see us, all right, Agent forty seven turns his sits onto Jean Claude van Dam as Hitman's next elusive target. This is from Ben Lyons at Game Reactor. I Interactive hit a bit of an unexpected bump in the road with its newly launched celebrity inspired elusive Targets missions as. The first to arrive centered around Connor McGregor, who only a couple of months later was charged for rape at a court in Ireland, leading to the Danish developer scrubbing all signs of the disruptor from the game. I'm gonna just go and say he was. He lost a civil suit basically the equivalent of a civil suit in Ireland, so I don't know if like charge for rape is exactly accurate, but he was definitely it was sexual assault and he lost the case. And it's you know, I'm gonna throw no legend in there, just to cover our ass a little bit.
Speaker 3: Not entirely related, but I think at some point someone's gonna go back and do a study on what Huppy you did to this man, because since that fight, he's just been fucking destroyed. That punched him so hard that he ruined his entire life, which is very funny to me.
Speaker 1: Yep. Either way, they got rid of him, and now they're like, okay, well we'll follow that up with a second attempt with JCVD. JCVD will play Max the Splitter Valiant in ex Ica Operative, who, after being thought dead for years, makes a grand reappearance, where it has also discovered that he has been working for rival organizations, causing Agent forty seven to have to remove him remove him for his traitorous ways.
Speaker 3: Got a sound reference to a movie or is it just a reference to the fact that you can do the splits really well.
Speaker 1: I think probably just think you can do the splits really well. I don't know. Listen, I like Jean Claude van Dam movies a handful of them. Blood Sport is incredible. I'll watch that whenever I see it.
Speaker 3: I think you're forgetting the number one John Clode van Dam movie Street Fighter too.
Speaker 1: On Street Fighter two, Street Fight of the movie. Absolutely, yes. Uh. There's a couple other ones that are that are fun that he's that, like quasi bio pick movie he did called JCVT. That's v that's actually really good. I yeah, So anyway, I have a fondness for Jean Claude van Dam uh, and I have a real fondness for Hitman. So sure, let's put these together and I'll have a good time. I think this is fun. I hope they are able to do more. I think this is the right level of celebrity to have as an assassination target. In Hitman, he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't expendable, right, he was one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a villain inexpendables too. I think I don't think I ever saw Tams three because those movies aren't very good. I was always disappointed by them. Marvel R.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, how excited are you for the imminent release of Demolition Man on four K Blu ray.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm hesitant because I feel like every time we get one of these four K blue rays they mess it up. My face went like jump out of my skull.
Speaker 2: I've seen you've seen demolition Men, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen demolish Men a lot. I gotta say I love Demolish Man. I walk around being like, am I the person who likes Demolition Man the most? And then I met you and I was like, Okay, no, this is what a real fan looks like. I'm glad they're out there, and I appreciate this film a lot. I love Demolition Man.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. It's the thing I'm looking forward to most. And like we have like holidays coming up. You know it's gonna be amazing. I'm gonna sit my ass down and watch that movie over and over again. Wait, make a Damination Man game. Let me help you make a Demolition Man game. Okay, let me help you make a Demolition.
Speaker 1: Man game made in the same way that the Indiana Jones game was made. It wouldn't be too bad.
Speaker 2: I feel like you get the team behind mercenaries.
Speaker 1: They still that'd be fun too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because like the whole point is like you know, they keep destroying ship. But I imagine if you had like a series of because when you start the movie, John Spotan and Simon Phoenix have skirmish a bunch of times. I can imagine if you had this game prior to it, where you get to go through all those skirmishes with like those runnings and how he got his name, and it ends with him like standing over a destroyed city and and someone goes, man, you're some kind of demolition man ship dude, come on press Then you press the button and he goes some money.
Speaker 1: I me just I'm gonna give you twenty dollars when I see you, all right. Marvel Rivals debuts to four one hundred and forty four thousand players on Steam alone. Those are concurrent players, by the way. Yeah, this is from Benlin's a game reactor, But that's basically the story. The game came out a lot of people played it right away. Is you know, it's free to play. It's that Overwatch style Marvel Rivals game. It people seem to like it. I played the beta and remember enjoying it a lot, thinking, hey, this is a really well done one of these. And while I might not, I'm not in the place of my life where I'm like each evening I'm spending an hour or two playing a game like this by myself, when this is the one where it's like, hey, when the friends, when the dudes in the discord say, hey, let's play a game right now it's been called Duty. I could see it very easily switching to Marvel Rivals for the next couple of weeks. So yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna download. It's free, right, It's.
Speaker 1: Free, yep. And I think all the heroes are just unlocked, so.
Speaker 2: It's you know, one of those Chuck is Gamba in it.
Speaker 1: There's so many characters in it. There's like thirty five characters already. I would be surprised if Gambit, okay, Gambit.
Speaker 2: Not oh damn.
Speaker 1: But but Jeff, yeah, Jeff the Shark. I guess it was very I was like, I was watching the Lions game last night after the Pie the podcast I did with Mike and then uh, Nikki and Mike's brothers werelling there and they kept talking like Jeff is doing this, Jeff has that. I'm like they do they think I'm playing and it's like, oh no, I'm watched the game and they're talking about Shark in the in the game called Jeff. It was confusing.
Speaker 2: I just I just think Gambit is very cool because he thinks Gambit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, it was X Men ninety seven though.
Speaker 2: Man, oh it was.
Speaker 3: I also watched Deadpool versus whatever the thing is, the Deadpool Wolverine with Gambit in it. I really enjoyed everything that wasn't Deadpool in that movie. Gambit was I based on seeing the one clip of what's his name.
Speaker 1: Tatum?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I was like, wow, that's something's terrible, but actually he's pretty good, Like right outside of that one clip, and even that one clip, he's.
Speaker 1: Going for it with that one clip.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and it doesn't you don't see like the lead up to it. I really like chanting to him as as a Gambit.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's like from around that area, so that like Gambit was like his favorite X Men and so he always wanted to play play Gambit and it's.
Speaker 3: Like it was such a fun movie. Yeah, And like spilists for that movie. I don't really care, but fucking I watched it on a plane and there was no one next to me, unfortunately, or but fortunately, so I got an entire ale to myself. But the bit where bladed showed up and I was like, one, there.
Speaker 1: You hit the stewardest button and I tell you, yeah, incredible something.
Speaker 2: I get a water. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Square Enix announces the Dragon Quest three h D two D remake has surpassed two million copies from my Nintendo News. Yeah, hey, this game seems like it's it's it's cooking. It is just running away. Obviously. I think huge part of that two million is going to be a lot of Dragon Quest fans in Japan showing up for it because they always they always do love this franchise. But two million, like in this quickly the game just came out, You kind of just don't do that unless this is a game that has just college. I mean that's like that's like when a new persona game comes out and does that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the dragon Quest is dragon Quest is Japan's baseball. It's like the national support of.
Speaker 1: The baseball, but it's also dragon Quests.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, and baseball is Japan's baseball. But yeah, but like in the in the ubiquity of like awareness and interest in dragon Quest, it's everyone loves it. So I'm completely I For as long as I've been alive and paying attention to how games are performing, dragon Quest has always absolutely popped off in Japan. I think it's just like I mean, it's like dragon Ball Z where it's just like it's just there man, or like even Studio Ghibbli stuff. It's is woven into the fabric of Japanese culture. At this point, you go into like stores and the entry jingles or dragon Quest like noises and sound effects. From there, you'll see just sliines everywhere. You'll see references the dragon Quest in like everything from like an office to a convenience store to the underground or like the subway system.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere. Man.
Speaker 1: Do you know who was the first person to release a an RPG video game in Japan? I learned this from playing a game recently.
Speaker 2: It's it's the first person, yeah, personal company.
Speaker 1: First person, because before anyone else for any company released on RPG, it was it was Hank Rogers. Hank who was the guy that worked with Alexi pageant Off on Tetris, the guy that actually ended up he was like living in Japan. Yeah, Hank Rogers. He released an RPG called I can't remember what it was called, but it's.
Speaker 2: Been telling me. The father of the j RPG is an American not I.
Speaker 1: Think he's got Where is he from? I don't think he's from. Is he from Hawaii? He said? He's definitely like ethnically part Dutch.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, damn do we have to call them the LPGs now?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're Dutch charpgs. Black Onyx, thank you so much. This is in that a Tetris Forever thing, which is still incredible. There's so many cool things in there. But yeah, Black Onys came out, and then Wizardry came out, and people a ton of early game developers played Wizardry specifically, and that inspired stuff like Dragon Quest and all that, all those others, but yeah, Black the first Ultimate Ultima as well. Thank you. Parada. Yes, all right, turn based strategy game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tactical Takedown announced for PC. This is from Salamono Gamatsu. Shout out the South for all the work.
Speaker 2: Literally a tmn T game on its way.
Speaker 1: Now there's always a TMNT game on its way. Now you're right, yes, well no wait no is it? No?
Speaker 2: Power Ranges is next?
Speaker 1: Oh you're thinking if you're thinking of it, Yes, they're Power Rangers. And there's a bunch of other games similar to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the other one that's coming, which is like, uh, there's.
Speaker 1: Tons of Avengers. There's all kinds of lost ronin ever. Oh yeah, that's but that's gonna be like a Triple A ish kind of game, right yeah maybe. Anyway, this is from uh xalvi is Nelson. I can never remember how to say his first game, and I always feel bad. I think it's Salad okay, Zalad Nelson junior.
Speaker 3: Uh you know I I've called him Zalev to his face, So if I'm wrong, I'm gonna be very upset.
Speaker 1: I think I remember someone correcting me saying that Zalavir once. So yes, see El Paso elsewhere and I'm your beast. Developer Strange Scaffold has announced and announced a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tactical Takedown, the first ever turn based Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. It's a yes, it's just it's a tactics game, strategy game, uh, turn based. It looks interesting, it looks pretty cool, and I'm you know, you could tell Zalevir is very excited. He did a video about it, and it makes it very cool.
Speaker 2: Good games.
Speaker 3: I mean, like people the very xalivator makes interesting games. Yeah, some people like some of his games, some people like other games don't like you know, that kind of stuff. Is very eclectic and very prolific him and his team. So I'm excited, see what I say. And I'm very very much like the idea of a TM and T tactics game too. Is there, am, Is there a power Ra Tactics scan because that sounds.
Speaker 2: Pretty fucking good. I'd like one of those as well.
Speaker 1: I really do feel like they should just have a big hat filled with different properties and then they just when they kick it out, you put it next to the word tactics and then there you go, that's the next one. And they should just keep doing that forever because it's always a good idea. Yeah, I think, but we know that for sure now after Metal Slug Tactics worked, it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we talked about the Kingdom Hearts tidbit that everyone wants to tell you and the Vegle Mortorsen one, you know, the Teenage Mutant Ninja total tidbit that every tmn T fan has locked and loaded.
Speaker 1: I'm a fake TMNT fan. Tell me, uh, the TM and T.
Speaker 3: The Teenage Mutant Ninja tittles were created by the same substance that blinded Matt Murdoch and turned him into dat devil?
Speaker 2: Is that really after that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: After that accident, the acid goes into the sewers and lands on the tolls that rule, and so they exist in the in the technically they are dead evil characters.
Speaker 1: I do love that kind of shit like that. If a TEENAGEERU if I if every time I met a team and T fan going forward they told me that, I'd be like, let's talk about it, dude, this rules.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, I would celebrate. If you're listening, get a dead ol reference in there. Yeah. Make someone accidentally called one of one of the foot Clan, the hand Clan or something like that.
Speaker 2: I know, and you'll do job all right.
Speaker 1: Last story here, PUBG creator reveals his ambitious new three game plan, which starts with prologues from Michael mcorder at Polygon Nearly five years after teasing his next project, PUBG Battlegrounds creator Brendan player Unknown Green Pubg Himself or pew Himself I guess, and his Player Unknown Productions team have revealed new details on their ambitious three game plan that starts today with the surprise release of Preface or Preface I'm gonna say Preface Undiscovered World, a free tech demo dynamically generates a massive Earth scale world for players to explore. Preface promises just a taste of player Unowns Productions machine learning game technology known as MELBA. The tech demo lets players journey through a two hundred million square mile world with dynamic points of interest to visit and a postcard system to document players journeys. Players time, and Preface will inform the developer's next project, Prologue, Go Way Back, that's the subtitle. Gameplay data from Preface will help refine the billions of future worlds of Prologue, the developer says, and the studios end goal project after that. So it sounds like, you know, they're using procedural generation and machine learning to make giant worlds for people to explore. That's like the big, ambitious part of all this, and they're gonna have one game that starts with that technology, and then they're gonna learn from that and apply that to the even bigger game that will be happening next time. I'm I think this is a great spot for someone like the people that made players on Player nowns a battleround to be where it's like, Okay, yeah, you've made a lot of money, you have a lot of time. Go try something experimental. If it's interesting, great if it If it fizzles out, oh well yeah that's that's how I feel about this. How about you?
Speaker 2: I feel like he shouldn't be able to call himself player and now.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, he seems very known. And also he's he's not the player, he's the maker. He's the developer known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, DK, yeah, I think this is This sounds good to me, Like uh, I think it's what you ideally want people to do, right, Like once they make a big success, they're like, Okay, what can we make next us? Cool, Let's let's experiment a little bit and see what we can put together and go from there. So that is I love to see it. I interview Player Known one time, and it was an absolute delight. He's very chill and very nice, and we'll spend a lot of time talking about vapor. For some reason, he seems like he cares about making fun games. This is a long time ago, so maybe he h he turned into maybe he went the notch poff while I wasn't looking.
Speaker 2: But he seems fine.
Speaker 1: He seems fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And and like he at the time, he was very jazzed about making video games and said he had like a bunch of ideas that he wanted to work on. And I'm glad that he's finally taking the opportunity to to do that.
Speaker 1: You know, although in this video that he's in here now he's got a big beard, always got a big old beard.
Speaker 2: Now you know, he looks.
Speaker 1: That's Tom Green. He's he's becoming very Tom Green. Is that a reference that's too old that that now people know Tom Green?
Speaker 2: Is? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was. Don't worry about it. There's it's impossible to explain. Yeah google it.
Speaker 2: Anadian American comedian.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes he did. Freddy got fingered. Yeah, my bomb is on the Swedish Okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister Drew Barrymore is what he looks like? Is what?
Speaker 2: Now you're now you're talking mister Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean the guy from the Tom Green Show.
Speaker 1: Oh? Fuck you damn you know what that does it? For the news? I got a pull question. Let's get that up here. I'll get that for everybody. Let's take a look, and I'm gonna quit this show, all right.
Speaker 2: Quit. You've been trying quite quite a week.
Speaker 1: I've been trying it quite a quick all week.
Speaker 3: You're right, Uh, okay, you you figure out what's going how while I show the gang mine newly acquired Evangelian.
Speaker 2: Lighting system. Look at this? This is crazy, very cool. It's a wild Look at that.
Speaker 1: It's very cool. All right.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: The poll question from yesterday, do you own some kind of home arcade machine, like an arcade one up every kaide, et cetera. Nine percent of people do? One in ten people?
Speaker 2: Basically, well, that Street File one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly so, and that Mike Mike actually ended up getting that Mega Man one after you told me, yeah, so?
Speaker 2: Does he like it?
Speaker 1: He likes it? A lie? He's you know, it's mostly does he mostly likes it. There's a decoration just having it in the background of his streams.
Speaker 2: But I have fucking money bags.
Speaker 1: I know, right, Arcade Machines is decorations, Jesus. But yeah, it looked very cool either way. I'm like, yeah, this seems like a space that is going to continue to get more interesting, I think, and every Kaid is actually reading that a little bit, just because, you know.
Speaker 3: What, I started doing a little activity for myself. I've been watching a lot of retro game call videos. Oh yeah, and every time they like he reviews a new product, I like review it and then I give a write down on a scale of one to ten, how likely is Jeff Grubb to buy this? Oh?
Speaker 2: And then I just wait for you whether you boy or not.
Speaker 3: I bought the brick there's a new six hundred dollars one that was like, he's buying this.
Speaker 1: I we'll see. I just went to Disney, so I have no money. But I even that didn't stop me from I watched him his videos, one of his recent ones. They're like Murray or Try Murray Bridge. Yeah yeah, I bought that right away, right, like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Incredible work. Every time he says, yeah, man, I want to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, yeah, yeah, all right. We got a new pole question here in a second. Before we get to that, though, Tim, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: You can find me at tomorrow. H.
Speaker 3: Now that my my my desk setup has changed, I'm gonna be coming back to streaming soon hopefully.
Speaker 2: And also now that I have a visa that allows me to earn money from various different forms of.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm black baby, I'm gonna finally get back on the streaming train. And I'm been trying to figure out why should start streaming. I feel like I should like do like the stretch, you know, get Limba by just streaming the one that I I have always streamed, which is Stechiro. But I might try something new, So hopefully we'll be doing that soon. I've got a bunch of really nice art that I commissioned Jerum to make for us for me, and it's a amazing I'm very excited to use it.
Speaker 2: So twitch dot tv for slash tomorrow. H. Follow there. I'm on Blue Sky Tomorrowitch dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it's crazy that my handle is tomorrowits dot com and I'm also on.
Speaker 2: Threads, et cetera, et cetera. What do we have going on?
Speaker 3: We're gonna be everything's been focused on game Wards, the countdown Game Sports countdown to the game Wards show has been the main priority for us. I'm very excited to get that done. So we'll be working heading to LA next week to start doing rehearsals and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So please please please watch that if you can. Beyond that we have Are we doing Revengeance today? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we were going to and we're going to talk about indie but at the time it didn't work out because Dan, it's busy up until we're gonna do Blake Club and today Gin is being toxic in our chat.
Speaker 2: About still Lucy's by Black Love.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's got one. She has like likely one episode left.
Speaker 3: Oh so who's is it me next? I'm getting Black Club?
Speaker 1: We Uh I would love that actually because if Dan doesn't start, because Alex Toborrow gave him two games at Pax East year ago now and Dan's started those yet. So on the last podcast that never been about a better podcast than the next, Lene is Alex is if he doesn't start it by the second week of January. There will be consequences. And Alex is the He's the all powerful god in Blake Club.
Speaker 2: Everything he says he is, he is.
Speaker 1: So Dan's really worried if he doesn't start.
Speaker 3: If if you want, if you want to quietly arrange me to go next and get him to get the raff of Alex, I'm down for.
Speaker 1: That, okay, okay, Or I could just go after him, okay, all right? Next poll question, are you going to play Indiana Jones in the Great Circle? Yes? No, there's you can see right there. There's the pulls live right now. Go vote on it. God, I will. Yeah. There will be an episode on Monday of Games Mornings here on Giant Bomb because I'm leaving Tuesdays, so we will talk about this on Monday. Then in addition, shoot like we'll figure out exactly what's happening today, but Blake Club will happen. People will fit some Marvel rivals in. Oh, I play that, So if Jane wants to, I'll throw down. I'll get out my the lady with the Sword. I played this her and did very good in the beta. I'll play this her again, all right. I can't remember her name. There's thirty five. This wasn't SILD like I remember because I was like, that's an X man. Maybe this character man too. I don't know. Magic, yes, magic, there we go. Uh Okay, Tam, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video games. Man, you know, I always.
Speaker 2: Appreciate having me. Yep, hopefully. Actually we won't be here next week.
Speaker 1: No, what do you? What's happening here? Let's we're just okay, we're all sinking, all right. Thanks for watching, everybody, Thanks for listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself. Goodbye.