Speaker 1: I'm for Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started.
Speaker 3: Our number two here on a Friday afternoon Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's. That's Snick Coffee, Austin Montgomery taking you up until six o'clock. Don't forget you could take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeartRadio app. Also listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot Com. I checked DraftKings and I'm not seeing any lines. Actually I lied, there is one here at DraftKings. As far as a line for tomorrow's college basketball games, Kentucky and Florida playing at eleven am, which is just weird and I don't really understand why they would play at eleven am. Usually, if that's the case, it's because of a certain scheduling thing. But they would choose to start their their slate of games at eleven.
Speaker 2: And not noon is kind of a head scratcher.
Speaker 4: But that kind of game is usually reserved, especially at rut for like night or maybe even just later on in the day.
Speaker 3: Noone basketball games on the weekend are not that uncommon by any means, but they're kind of I mean, I feel like though they're just a weird feeling. So eleven am an hour earlier is going to be even more weird. But currently Kentucky is They opened up at two and a half point favorites there, so I would imagine, you know, somebody asked this on the text line and I haven't even really thought about it because I doesn't really matter to me and and I probably won't wager on it, but somebody asked me if I think Louisville will be favored against Virginia, and I'm gonna guess know, just because they're on the road, But I wouldn't be shocked in any way if they are favored, because you know, they are coming off of a good win against Carolina and right now, really by every metric, they're they're they're they're a better team than than Virginia is, but not by a huge margin. And again, Louisvill's not in a position to where they're a team. You know, Louisville can lose anybody. I mean, I know, technically anybody can lose anybody when you get down to it, but with their injuries, and just because you know, we've seen it right, the the EKU close call, the UTEP close call. And I'm not overly critical about the way those games. I mean, it was in a good situation to be in to nearly lose both of those. However, I think you know, context is is pretty obvious as far as how you end up in those situations. It's not saying you should, but I get it. So here I am scrambling trying to see if we yeah, here we go. So tomorrow looks like we do have some spreads here from Fandel and Louisville and Virginia. Louisville is is favored.
Speaker 2: Did you know that yet? Austin? Any guesses Louisville favored? Any guess on the number? I'm gonna say four close, three and a half. Oh, that's not bad, I'll like, Yeah, all those numbers, Louisville minus three and a half. Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 3: I'm a little surprised, but again I probably shouldn't, because again, Louisville right now is a better team than Virginia, and hopefully they go and show that and beat them tomorrow, and then they'll have Clemson on Tuesday at home and that's again, it doesn't it doesn't feel like it would be a big game for you in acc play typically, but Clemson will be one of the other rare opportunities you have for forgetting wins against, you know, teams that are going to be in the tournament at Quad one Quad two.
Speaker 2: Not sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would imagine Clemson will remain in the Quad one Quad two tier throughout the season, but I could be wrong. However, you know, you get to Clemson next week, So Virginia, Clemson, and Pitt are your next three games. Clemson and Pitt are two of the better teams in the league. You've already beat Carolina and the only time you're gonna play them, you only play Duke once and of course lost that game. You know, I know you can lose to just about anybody, but I kind of feel like if you're able to get through these next few games, you know, I'm not gonna say that you're gonna go undefeated and run the table, but you would be in a position to where you you know that you should be able to if you well, beat anybody left. Easier said than done, though, because I think it's going to be a really tough matchup, and I think they're actually pretty damn good. Their resume doesn't well, the resume is pretty solid, but I actually think when it comes to just a talent standpoint, I think they're pretty good and I wouldn't be shocked if they end up being top three in the ACC when it's all said and done. So there's your early lines. Kentucky minus two and a half against Florida and Louisville minus three and a half on the road against Virginia. Or if you guys want to join us on the show, you can five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number. If you want to giveus a call, text line five H two six five three zero seven ninety the L and N Federal Credit Union text line. And if the talkback feature, I'm going to keep plugging it just because I want you guys to realize it's a thing. If you are listening to us live on the iHeart Radio app and you pop open the app right when you open it up, if it's playing the station, you'll see on the top right a little red circle kind of like a record button. You click that and you can contribute to the show. I mean somebody ask me on the text line, and I hadn't thought about it.
Speaker 2: But no, I think it's pretty obviously we wouldn't be able to do this. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys are so impressed with iHeart technology that you just assumed that you could hit that and be live on the air, not how it works.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty dangerous.
Speaker 3: But no, if you just if you click and record thirty seconds, could be a question, complaint. You could insult me if you'd like. You could compliment me if you'd like. And this is just a new way for us to include interaction from listeners. So a lot of different ways you can be a part of the show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to these NFL games this weekend, I mean, again, there's no doubt the Vikings Lions game, it's on paper. Who knows what it's going to look like if it actually delivers and gives us a great entertaining performance. But you got two teams that are fourteen and two, two of the best teams in the NFL. And this is for everything in the NFC. I mean, I'm reading here at CBS Sports and I don't think they're wrong that this is perhaps the best regular season finale the league has ever had. The winner of this game, Wow takes the NFC, and we'll have home field advantage for the for the playoffs along with that first round by the loser is ending up dropping to the number five seed despite being a fourteen win team. That's crazy, and it'll be the first thirteen plus win wild card team in NFL history. So a lot is on the line here. Minnesota at Detroit Austin is a big time Vikings fan. No, I mean, what a world not only you know, to have this kind of a matchup, but like the Lions, more than anything, I want, I want insult your Vikings. They've not been like elite, right, but like the Lions have for the majority of my lifetime, the Lions were one of the bigger jokes in the NFL. And now they got Dan Campbell and they love football and they're I mean, he's the ultimate football guy, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can't stand them, but yes, of course, yeah, he's he's doing what he can and obviously he's made the Lions more relevant than they ever have been. But I will say it's a lot of lot of chatter. They're they're they're puffing out their chests a little bit. These Lions fans just kind of coming out of nowhere and having one or two good seasons for the first time in their incredibly crummy history. But you know, they they've got the guys to do it, and they got the biggest thing that that's happened to them is Ben Johnson, their offensive coordinator. Yeah, decided not to go anywhere else last year and come back and he's definitely gonna get scooped.
Speaker 2: Up by some team next year. And so they're riding it out.
Speaker 4: Of course, the Vikings are riding it out, but the Vikings are doing this with and my god, who would have thought with Sam freaking Darnold, right, And he's actually proved in my point, you know, I'll just put my purple shades on.
Speaker 2: He's elite.
Speaker 4: He's been absolutely elite this year. But once again, it helps with all of his surrounding cast. And I think any quarterback mostly if you're living, breathing and you could throw the ball, is gonna thrive in that system. But it's gonna be good, dude, the it's gonna be a good game. I had nothing, Girsles. That's a huge notorious Vikings fan club here in Louisville. Oh yeah, so it's it's gonna be. It's gonna be really, really really.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I used to play the old Madden games way back in the day, and I was never good at them, but the I always would tune in to watch, like don.
Speaker 2: Take hold papers, Okay, I remember calling that Moss like on.
Speaker 4: ESPN, and that's all you saw was I'm just throwing bombs at Randy Moss and I'm like, well, maybe if I play with them, I'll start winning. And that's what I did in the video games, and that just slowly turned into My dad would come back from uh from watching the games on Sunday, and I always ask did the Vikings win? Did the Vikings win? And then I always get in my first Randy Moss jersey and then after.
Speaker 2: That it's it. It's been on. It's been heartbreak ever since.
Speaker 3: I mean, these two teams, of course are in the same division and are close to each other, but is it are they rivals? Because one, I feel like the NFL doesn't really have rivalries.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of matt you have a lot of duos that have a lot of history and tradition together. But I just don't get a feel for like rivalries and pro sports quite as much as more because it's more personal individual rivalries. But also, like you, they've always stunk, you know what I mean, Like it's it's hard to rival with somebody whenever, like you, you know, you're not really you're usually not worried about losing to them, even when you're not good.
Speaker 4: You're and we're now we're starting to reach that point where there are rivals because they're now actually good. But I hate the pack So the Packers have always been my go to, Like I hate them, So the Vikings and Packers have always been like the rivalry of the North. A lot of people want to say it's Chicago and Green Bay because I guess Chicago had at least technically Chicago has a championship and they're one little pop up season with that eighty five defense. But it's it's been more in terms of like relevance over the last twenty years and the Vikings of I think I saw a stat the other day they're the most winningest program to not have a championship in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I would totally I would never have guessed that, but hearing that, I would believe it.
Speaker 4: It makes sense when you talk about like the most wins in NFL history, like they're like right behind, like the Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers haven't broke through and they yeah, they just haven't broke through. Just just one before I die, dude, just one. Just just get to the dang thing, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are clearly rivalries in the NFL, but it's just, you know, it's different than what you see in college. But I think the one that I would compare the most as far as just to feel for, you know, similar to the college rivalries is the Packers and the Bears, just because I feel like a lot of their fans are up there in that same region together and I don't know, maybe I just feel like there's a lot of history there. But there also is with with the Vikings. I mean that whole division. Anybody that's in a division, there's gonna be some history because you play them more than you play anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's a black and blue division up there in the North YEP.
Speaker 3: So it should be a phenomenal game between the Vikings and the Lions. And as of right now, let me see if there's any been any movement here on this spread.
Speaker 2: Still at two I think for the Lions, right yep, two and a half, two and a half, two and a half for the Lions.
Speaker 4: I'll take the over in that game, because what's the over at right now?
Speaker 2: Let me let me guess fifty five fifty six, fifty six and a half.
Speaker 4: I'll probably say I take I'll probably take the over in that because I don't I don't think either team is going to stop each other. I think both teams have good defense, but the Lions are absolutely depleted. And once again, to go back to the Ben Johnson thing, Ben Johnson is he's figured out Brian floor Is. If there's anybody that's figured out the mad scientists of Brian flores Is, it's been Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: So it's it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to become a shootout unless they want to try to change up everything and just try to pummel the Vikings on the ground with Jamiir Gibbs because he can do that. Then I'm looking for I'm looking for a shootout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would lean the over there as well. Another big game this weekend with a lot on the line, I mean, not as much as the one we just mentioned there between the Vikings and the Lions. But the stakes are pretty high with this Bengals Steelers game. Cincinnati needs to win if they're going to keep their playoff hopes alive, and because their game is on Saturday, what they can do is if they win, they can put a little pressure on the Broncos and the Dolphins to win on Sunday. Now, the Steelers, they need the Ravens to lose to have a chance at getting the AFC North title playoff seating still in play. As the Steelers look they can they can clinch I guess at least the number five seed if they do beat the Bengals, and they'll also knock the Bengals out of the playoffs. So there's there's a lot I guess there's more variables here as far as what the result is going to end up meeting for both of these teams. But it's pretty simple for the Bengals. I mean, they they got a gift from my Colts losing to the Giants, and now if they go out there and they win at Pittsburgh, they're in. And uh, they've got some momentum. I mean, I think the Bengals this year have been it's hard to I was gonna say something that I don't even know if I believe, but I kind of believe it. They're probably like the best team that's record doesn't match how good they actually are. But that's not me telling you that they're like elite. They've had results this year that will remind you that they could lose to anybody like Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: That's literally their whole time.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow now on that team, I think that they're they're probably contending for a top five pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: Their defense is atrocious. I think I think he also is throwing it to the best receiver in the league. In my I know, Zach Taylor is a complete duficit.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree there. I mean I say this all the time. Burrow is worthy of every bit of credit that he gets. But he also, you know, like I went and watched him play through three interceptions. I mean, they beat the Titans and he did not have a factor in that on Titans suck and they beat him bad. But like, you know, he's great, But I think, you know, the conversation about him being an MVP, it would really only be because of the point you made that, Like, man, he's kind of the reason that they have a pulse. But what I don't understand is why there's not as much. Again, I'm not saying take any credit away from Burrow at all, but he's got Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: And T Higgins.
Speaker 3: Okay, like T Higgins gonna be it's gonna be wide receiver one for somebody else because the Bengals won't be able to afford him and somebody else will. And he's really good. And Jamar Chase, I mean, he's I think you have in my opinion right now, it's one A, one B the two best receivers in the league, justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. And they're different, you know what I mean, Like they're both elite kind of in a different way because they're just different styles. But both are having phenomenal seasons. And I don't know, like, if you've got an offense that's that's that's got this kind of electricity, Yeah, your quarterback clearly is a factor, and like he deserves credit, but I feel like a again, there's no way to say without it sounding like I'm saying Burrow is not or the Burrow is getting more credit than he deserves. But usually you see others discussing his play acknowledging that he's got two weapons that like every quarterback in the league would probably die to have. Not to say there aren't other really good receivers in the NFL, but I just feel like Jamar Chase has in the Super Bowl season when they made it all the way to the super Bowl, and even this year where they're still alive in the playoffs, it's ninety nine percent about Burrow when you hear the talk of the Bengals. Yes, and he's great, but man, so is Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big Joe Burrow apologist or sometimes there's you know, I get it, I understand with him. So, like, you know, I don't mind hating Joe Burrow from the side, but he's hard to hate on just because.
Speaker 3: He's Yeah, I mean, I think he's good, and I think I'm a bigger I mean, I'm not a Bengals fan, but I'm a fan of Burrow because of just you know, how he cares. I think like he's he carries himself well. And it's not like I'm saying he's a great dude. But I just feel like you can tell he's a real he's a gamer, he's he's mentally tough, he's got mocks, Yeah, exactly, He's he's kind of a throwback a little bit in that way. So you know, he's got a quiet confidence about himself. And I really, you know, I got a ton of respect for him. I just feel like maybe because he has so much respect, that's why there's just not as much thought of like he also has. I mean you could make the case that, you know, if who we're gonna consider receivers for MVPJ Mark Chase would be candidate. I mean it's again, I don't think anybody would say he's not good, but like, he's clearly another reason why the Bengals have been able to have a bad defense. They've been very vulnerable at times and have some bad losses, but yet here they are A win against Pittsburgh not necessarily probable, but they could do it, and if they do, I don't think anybody's gonna be surprised.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have like the most losses of teams that scored like over thirty points this year, so their defense is not picking up there into the bargain.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it feel like these two teams have the exact opposite momentum right now? Yes, And I think that's telling in the spread, as the Bengals are currently favored by two and a half in the total there forty seven and a half. I lean the over just because of what I've seen from the Bengals, But I don't know. Last time I trusted the over, Russell Wilson decided to throw the ball to the other team.
Speaker 2: All lot ti right.
Speaker 3: I mean he he reappeared as bad Russ against the Chiefs and and that's gonna keep me from from having the confidence to look. But this is also again, this is what I love about the NFL. Like, clearly the Bengals have the momentum, and I just mentioned if they win, I don't think anybody's gonna be super shocked. But like if Tomlin does what Tomlin does and they win an ugly game tomorrow, nobody's gonna be shocked either because that's Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: Is that game in Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: That game is I believe yeah's in Pittsburgh on the road, So it's.
Speaker 4: Going to be a good The AFC nor too that's those a bunch of teams that absolutely hate each other. I don't think any Browns fans like any Bengals fans. I don't think any Steelers fans like any that they hate it, like like the Ravens, like they they hate. Everybody hates each other in that division.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, I didn't realize the Chiefs Broncos game had had as much at stake as it does. So the Broncos, I mean they they're still alive. Yeah, they pretty much control all the chaos in the final day of the regular season. So all they got to do is win, and they're in as the seventh seed, the final team. But if they lose, it opens the door for Miami or Cincinnati to get in the playoffs. So again, am I wrong here? Is that what somebody's probably calling to tell me?
Speaker 2: I'm wrong? So if the Bengals win, they are in. I think they are. I think they know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yes, I'm sorry, I had that wrong. I'm a dumb ass. So the Bengals need to win, and they need the Broncos.
Speaker 2: To lose, even though they already beat them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Broncos clearly the Broncos losing seems likely given the fact that the Chiefs are fifteen to one, but the Chiefs are also resting their starters, so like it wins, it does get dicey. And again I forgot to mention that because or maybe I did mention. I just had a brain farting for God. But yes, the win for the Bengals on Saturday, what it'll do is put more pressure on the Broncos to know that hey, they they gotta they gotta, they gotta win or it's over. And now if they if they if the Bengals lose and the Broncos lose, the Broncos would still get in right yeah and yeah yeah, So if Denver loses, you know what's what the Miami scenario.
Speaker 4: So I think I thought that Miami was eliminated. Maybe I wasn't just paying attention, but I think if I think Miami needs both of those team to lose in Miami needs.
Speaker 2: To wag yes.
Speaker 3: So it says this is the right up here from CBS on this game. It's just the this is by the way, the Dolphins at the Jets say, this game has has meaning if the Broncos lose, So that's it. So if the Broncos lose, the Dolphins will make the playoffs if they if they win, and I don't know, like if so, if what if? What if every team loses, Like if the Dolphins lose and the Broncos lose and the Bengals lose, who gets in?
Speaker 4: I would think the Broncos, But that would be weird considering that the Bengals just beat the Broncos, So I'm not necessarily sure. I guess it would depend on who else loses, and I think they might go by I don't know if they go by strength the schedule tiebreaker in the In the NFL, I think they go off of what's it called a familiar opponent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, similar opponent thing.
Speaker 3: That's what they do in the The accs have breakers too, so yeah, I I need.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is this is when the NFL is at its best. This is madness right now. Like, this is not a.
Speaker 3: Playoff game, but it is for teams because you're playing, you're playing to get in, so it's essentially the surviving advanced kind of situation. So it should be great. And I don't know what it is. I used to be kind of like, what are we doing here? It's Saturday, but I love that we get these late season Saturday NFL games. It's awesome, good stuff. All right, quick break, We'll come back on the other side. A couple of short, shorter segments here long when they're it happens. Sometimes we're talking. We're talking ball, We're talking ball.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: Coffee and Company. Feel about Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven ninety Now.
Speaker 1: Back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: It's a throwback right here.
Speaker 3: Song used to make me think I'm somebody that I'm not. You know, if you know what I'm saying, A good stuff, good stuff all the tall this crazy?
Speaker 2: Is this a bone crusher? Bone crusher?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Killer Mike, quite the name for a bone crusher. You know you know what you're getting when it comes to a guy named bone crusher.
Speaker 4: Imagine who you think a rapper named bone Crusher is. And that's exactly who you.
Speaker 3: Think, exactly, exactly all right, it's Coffee and Company, and we are exactly what you think. Hopefully that you think we're fun, because if you're listening to right you're listening to this right now, then clearly you think enough of us to give us your time, and hopefully you'll stick around, because we're with you till six o'clock, about halfway through here on a Friday afternoon, before we get out of here for the weekend. But some updates for Louisville football here as they've continued to add players in the portal and they're continuing to lose players in the portal, and I still feel like they're in a pretty good spot as far as there are guys that have left that for the most parts, you feel like, you know, you understand why they're leaving, and it's probably going to be a beneficial thing for both those players and for Louisville. There have been some guys that have left that I wish would have stuck around, So you know that's gonna happen. That's the new world that we are in. But Harrison Bailey entered the portal, did not even know that he was available for another season of college football. He was the MVP of the Sun Bowl, and I thought he did pretty good. I mean, you know, he wasn't Tyler Shuck, but he also made enough plays and I would not be shocked at all if he starts somewhere next season. And you know, when I see red shirt senior, I'm just assuming that means that you are in your last year and it's because of a red shirt that you took before. But we're still in that window where anybody, when it comes to their eligibility, if they fight for another year, maybe they get it.
Speaker 2: I don't know his situation.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's been out of he's been in college for a lot longer than four years. But maybe I'm wrong because he has been at two different schools. Louisville was his third destination and he spent two years here. I could be wrong, and it's really not that important, I suppose, because you know, he's moving on. But I feel like he's been in college for six years. Unless he was only at Tennessee for one year. Yeah, he was. He spent his first two seasons at Tennessee and then he spent the twenty twenty two season and at UNLV. Yeah, so yeah, he's he's been in college for five years. I guess he'll get a sixty year because of you know, COVID or red shirt, whatever may be.
Speaker 2: Hey, music still on?
Speaker 3: Still do you want me to play it on the rebound on the on the way back in.
Speaker 2: No, No, I got it. You said that last time and you didn't know. I feel like lying, do you? So I don't got it.
Speaker 3: We'll see, right, Yeah, yeah, I mean here, we don't know, we don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But well, you know what I figured. You like bone crushers. I keep it in your ear as much as you could and just keep lying to you.
Speaker 2: Bone crusher is is great.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so Harrison Bailey is going to transfer, and I think it, you know, makes total sense.
Speaker 2: Clearly.
Speaker 3: There's there's a quarterback for next season and his name is Miller Moss. Also, Louisville added a player today. A they got a commitment from another receiver.
Speaker 2: TJ.
Speaker 3: McWilliams is a receiver who's transferring in from Minnesota. Not super familiar uh with with his his career, but he spent two years at Minnesota and he's six foot, one hundred and ninety pounds.
Speaker 2: Row the boats, that's right, row the boat.
Speaker 3: But he's really he's really not played a whole lot during his time. So hopefully these guys can come in and help you. And again, I think the pieces you've added at receiver. We mentioned TJ McWilliams, who is coming from a Big Ten program but obviously has not played a whole lot thus far in his two seasons at Minnesota. And then you also look at Nebraska transfer Isaiah Nayer who committed yesterday, another receiver who has spent time at both Texas and Wyoming, and look, these guys may be great or they may just be you know, solid receivers that are getting a few catches a game, and that may be all you need as far as from the portal, because I think when it comes to Chris Bell and obviously Lacey, who super talented and man, he was pretty sensational at times in that Bowl game, and we started to see it before he decided to opt out.
Speaker 2: But you know, you could see this guy.
Speaker 3: Getting healthier each week, and you know you realize had something special there. I mean, heck, that first game he played against Notre Dame, he had a catch in that game that probably was the best catch anybody had this year. So also I'll mention Blue Hicks. I think he's a guy that probably deserved a little bit more run towards the end of last season. I would imagine he'll be on the field next year, So you know, these guys you're adding, there's not as much of a need there for you to go out and get Like last year when you went out and got Jacori Brooks, that was pretty necessary you need and Colin Lacy for that matter, because you were you were losing a lot of receiver with with Jamari Thrash moving on and some other guys that had graduated. So I don't know a whole lot about these guys. Although for what it's worth, Neayer is he's huge, six four two and twenty pounds, played an all nine games or in all twelve games, made nine starts this past year for Nebraska, thirty four receptions about five hundred yards, had five touchdowns, so this is certainly a good get. Now, he actually started his career at Wyoming and was second team All Mountain West, so you know, he actually does have a pretty good as a meaning mayor. So you add him with the guys that you have, and if McWilliams ends up being a pretty reliable guy, then I'd say that's just an added, a big time added bonus. All right, So let's quickly before we get to our next break, Let's talk about Kentucky football because they've not had a good offseason coming off of what was a really bad season, probably the worst season four Mark Mark Stoops.
Speaker 2: I mean just given you know.
Speaker 3: Clearly he had years where they won fewer games when he first got there, when he took over from for Joker Phillips. But this is a team that had some talented players. They had some expectations because he's been successful at Kentucky for their standard, and then they fell on their face and they were really bad this year. And maybe Stoops is going and getting these guys in the portal that you know that are just gonna be, you know, very similar to him, right. They're just bring their lunch pale every day, go to work. They're not big nil guys. They're just ready to play some ball. Because maybe Stoops is so turned off by the guys that he's had in recent years because of their you know, their their toxicity and whatnot.
Speaker 2: And I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I mean, Kentucky's had two guys arrested since the season ended. One of them has since transferred since his arrest. But when you hear about their bad culture, I mean, is it guys not showing up to practice is it guys just mailing it in because you know, you would think that some of these guys that are that have left Kentucky that you know, we're getting a lot of money to be at Kentucky, that have talent that they have shown at times in their career that they could be really, really good, you know, Kentucky. And not every fan is is treating this as like it's no big deal. I think some fans realize, yeah, not ideal to be coming off such a disastrous season and losing talented players that you're probably not going to be able to go replace very, very easily.
Speaker 2: But you know, it just sounds as if this was what you got.
Speaker 3: To do for Stoops because he's or this is what Stoops has to do because you know, the culture is just so bad. But and I'm I'm sure that was a factor to an extent, But I feel like if they would have found ways to win some games this year, would you still be looking to move on from these guys?
Speaker 2: And honestly, I.
Speaker 3: Don't, I don't believe by the way that every single guy that is left and I'm sure you know most Kentucky I mean, clearly they didn't want Damee Key to leave. I don't think they wanted hardly Gilmore to leave. The freshman who and by.
Speaker 2: The way, he was. Here are the two arrests they have.
Speaker 3: They had a football defensive back who was arrested I think over the weekend and he I don't know what the actual charge was, but I think it was something about I'll pull up the details here and kind of surprised looking at KOSR there's no there's no coverage of the arrest here. You would think that with the coverage that they provide for Kentucky football that they would be they would be covering. And I saw write up at Kentucky Sports Radio about the about the punter for Louisville that decided to opt out because of nil stuff. But I don't see I'm not seeing it much of anything when it comes to this Kentucky. You know, these two players for Kentucky that were that were arrested.
Speaker 2: See may miss that story. Could he missed it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we'll have to Maybe I'll maybe I'll give Nick Roush a call, let him know I know he's he's What about the big dog, hardest working man on the on the beat, the big dog coming to Louisville.
Speaker 2: I still have. I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm dying to one day figure out like is that completely made up or was there ever any real Like I could see Louisville maybe being fine with taking him on their staff and you know, sticking it to their rival and utilizing what he does well, which is recruit But the scenario where any school was going to pay him one point three million like he makes at Kentucky, that's just that was never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I feel like I thought I saw him at the UNC Louisville game the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the North Carolina opening on Belichick's staff that clearly Vince was feeding that to football scoop and and I don't know, maybe maybe a call was made, but like, have a little self awareness, my man, Like the big dog needs an agent that does that that that helps him when it comes to like perception and like reading the room. Have some self awareness because yeah, he's a good recruiter at Kentucky, but there's nobody out there lining up to go get him because nobody's gonna pay him. That nobody would and I think he probably knows that. But the having everybody think you're gonna go to Louisville when it was never really gonna happen, and then the whole I don't know, I don't know much about the Carolina situation at all, but it was just so obvious that he wanted it out there to have another Well, wow, he's decided to stay at Kentucky. I mean, it just it's it's it's embarrassing to be honest with you. But anyways, Jordan Levitt, the defensive back for Kentucky, was arrested. This was on December thirtieth for reckless driving in possession of marijuana after he was spotted racing another vehicle on Bluegrass Parkway. And then also the recent arrest actually this was a while back. Hardly Gilmore Gilmore Hardly, what a weird name. He's a freshman receiver. He was arrested the week after the Governor's Cup game, and you know, clearly people knew about it and just didn't report it because you know, they take care of stoops out there. They don't want to report on the negative stuff. But anyways, he was arrested after assaulting somebody at a at a storage rental place in Lexington. He was charged with assault, So he I guess from what I understand, he was going to be disciplined and didn't like what discipline they had in mind, so he just left and hit the portal. So again, I'm not trying to to to go out of my way here, but like, I don't think it's crazy at all to say that their their off season has been as bad as their bad season, because I mean, they're not adding anybody that makes you feel like they're going to be any better than they were a year ago, and they're losing players left and right, and maybe you know, you know, you're thinking some you know, addition by subtraction. Do you really believe that deep down? Do you really think you know you're getting better by chip train them leaving a former ohiuse State running back. I mean dan Kie clearly is somebody didn't want to leave. I know Barry and Brown might have missed some practices, but like he's also somebody that can make plays that you know, whoever you bring in probably won't be able to.
Speaker 2: Make it all.
Speaker 3: So it's nice to see things shifting back to where they belong.
Speaker 2: Louisville the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Louisville with momentum heading in the right direction, good energy, good vibes, and the exact opposite for Kentucky football. So way it should be my opinion, give a lock her here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: I'm a little jealous of Austin because he was able to hit a big parlay last night.
Speaker 2: Was it college hoops only or was it five leg college hoops? She's son of a I was jealous man a.
Speaker 4: Huge, bad losing streak for a while, and finally came that shout out to my cousin Kayla for let me use her account those two hundred and fifty free bets.
Speaker 2: Keep that down. I wouldn't tell people.
Speaker 4: Well, let me handicap for her, because I told her, yeah, there you go. Yeah, So yes, it was logging on herself.
Speaker 2: She did it.
Speaker 4: She just asked me, hey, Austin, I need a little bit of need a little bit of knowledge.
Speaker 2: And you you hooked her up.
Speaker 4: I hooked it right on up, and she was gracious enough to split it with me. So five legs, five legs, and my gosh, I can't log into the account right now, so I can't tell you exactly what it was, but yeah, it was. It was pretty big and I was I was sweating the.
Speaker 2: Man. Which game was I watching last night? I think it was South Games last night, So Dakota.
Speaker 4: State and Pepperdine I think and Pepperdine. I bet against them a couple of days ago when Gonzaga had a twenty point lead on them and that dwindled and I think they lost by like four or five points. And it's Gonzaga's banned by the way, They're not. They're not going on any of the bet slips anymore. Mark Few is just an absolute fraud with the capital F R A U D. I'm done with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they screwed me earlier this year when they played UCLA.
Speaker 2: So I've had there, hadn't been at it's early.
Speaker 3: We haven't got there yet, but I'm sure by the time we get to like late January, maybe early February, there'll be a list of teams that I can just I know, I got to stay away from because I can't seem to get a read on him yet I keep betting on him, and I'm just wrong. But tonight not a great slate of games, but there are some decent ones. There's just not as many games. But there actually are some solid ones that I started looking at earlier because again I got the itch I needed to get some action, build a big parlay, and try to win some money. I was jealous of Austin's winnings last night. So what I want to do before we get out of here at the We'll do make this the last segment.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a pretty good idea of what I.
Speaker 3: Want to do after looking at it earlier, but I want to double check it before I share it with you, because maybe some lines have change, maybe I'm second guess some some stuff. But we've got Michigan State in Ohio State. That's a pretty damn good Friday night basketball game at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: It is at Ohio State.
Speaker 3: I am man, I'm leaning taking just taking Ohio State money line, but I don't know. Maybe Michigan State's better than I'm giving them credit for.
Speaker 2: You got them plus two over there, two and a half yep.
Speaker 3: And then also Iowa in Wisconsin that's another game tonight in the Big Ten. I love Wisconsin, so yeah, I love Wisconsin. Here on a Friday night, that place is going to be rowdy. This is not a very good Iowa team in Wisconsin. I mean, they had some momentum to start the season and then they lost three in a row. But those three losses were all to top ten teams as far as the kin Pom. I mean, they lost three in a row, but it was to Michigan, Marquette, and Illinois. They have a win against Butler. They have a good win against Pittsburgh, who I still believes a good team, and they're actually in the top twenty five here in the kin Pom. This win didn't age well, but it was a beat down. They knocked off Arizona earlier this season, so I'm a believer in this Wisconsin team. So I like them there. Not sure if I'm gonna do the money line or do the spread.
Speaker 4: I got a good spread one for you. Got Wagner in Chicago State. Chicago State hasn't won a game yet, and they're nine and a half point favorites, and I'm looking at some projection sheets right now looking at a huge win for Wagner.
Speaker 2: The Seahawks give me some money.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stay away from that one just because I don't know anything about them. And I find when you bet on teams in the three hundreds, which is where Wagner and Chicago State are, you just really have no clue what to expect.
Speaker 2: Be what it's worth Wagner.
Speaker 3: Wagner is projected to win sixty six to fifty seven according to the kin Palm.
Speaker 2: What was the spread you had there? Nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that would uh be a bad beat there if it ends up being exactly what that score. But you know, Chicago State, for what it's worth, they're three sixty one in the kN Palm out I mean, and they're winless. So yeah, I mean that's not good. Yeah, that's not good. I mean, them keeping it close seems unlikely. But again, Wagner is also a team that you know is in the three hundreds, but clearly better than better than Chicago State. Now you got me thinking I need to add that because I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't dislike that at all. It's just whenever when I when you have two teams playing that you know are both in the bad tear you know category, and you know that one is probably a lot worse than the other, but technically both are still bad. I just have been you know, I wouldn't even say I've been burned. I've just been wrong by thinking that a bad team will beat anybody by a big number, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's just going to be a stink off of a game probably. I mean, like, I mean, to be honest with you, how many teams are there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So in the in Division one currently there are three hundred and sixty fourteen. Chicago State is three sixty one. The teams the teams worse than Chicago State Coppin State, Arkansas Pine Bluff, and Mississippi Valley State. However, we were in the bottom oh yeah, oh yeah. So there are only two teams in college basketball of the three sixty four that do not have a win, and Chicago State is one of them, along with Canisuussius. Yeah, Canisius, who is oh to thirteen?
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: No, but again, the other matchups here tonight Georgetown and Xavier. I I kind of want to Xavier's burned me this year, Sean Miller's got me, but I feel like I'm still not trusting ed Cooley and Georgetown. So that's the one I'm kind of probably gonna end up just saying, look, I've gone back and forth enough. I may just leave that one off. But you also have Nevada at New Mexico. That should be a really good game. I really like New Mexico in this matchup at home on a Friday night. Richard's usually pretty good in the spots. They have those Mountain West games on FS one that's a late one, by the way, eleven eleven PM. And then also Creighton at Marquette. Marquette has been phenomenal this year. They're projected to win by eleven in the UH in the King Palm, and the spread currently is sitting at.
Speaker 2: Let's see whereas it. I just had it. It's nine and a half. So again I like and I do too. I really like it.
Speaker 3: I really like it because Creighton has I mean, Creighton won lost one of their better one of their better players, and they still have a They still have one of the best bigs in the country. U in Ryan Cochbrenner. What Cock Brinner? I barely know her. You like that one't?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It just matter anyways, uh Cock Brinner. He's he's still very productive. But you know, they're they're not They're not as six, although they did they are.
Speaker 2: I forgot this. They did.
Speaker 3: They did get a they did get a pretty big win. They upset Saint John's on on New Year's Eve. WHI that's a big win form, So now I got us. But I still Marquette. I've watched them fully two times and I've seen bits and pieces of their games here and there. I'm a believer. You know, their loss to Dayton and they're lost to Iowa State. Those aren't terrible losses. And they're at home, they're better. I like, I like them to cover. That's a lot of points, especially for a Creton team that's coming off of a big victory against Saint John's.
Speaker 2: But I leen, I leen Creighton.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I got. My eye on, my degenerate eye on I got. I got stone Hill against Mercyhurst. How about that Mercyhurst versus stone Hill line right now is plus two for mercy Hurst, but over under with one thirty four projected a total score of one thirty six. I'll take the under in that game under one thirty four, for it should be a battle of two titans, the stone Hill Skyhawks and the Lakers of Mercyhurst.
Speaker 2: I did not I'd heard of stone Hill just because one of the mown like a high school team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like a made up team and a made up team and a teen sitcom. Right, Yeah, I'll be got mercy Hurst this weekend. Mercyhurst is the team that I'm not kidding you. I don't think I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: Like if you if it was hard for me to say, I feel like.
Speaker 3: I used to be pretty good at knowing, Like, yeah, I can't name every team off the top of my head. But if you told me a team, are they real or are they fake? Or they Division one or whatever, I think I would have been. I feel like I would have been pretty good.
Speaker 4: What would win in a fight? A Skyhawk or a Laker? What is a Laker?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we gotta go. I think we gotta go. We gotta go Skyhak. I'm going Skyhawk. Yeah, give me Skyhawk. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they're in the Northeast Conference. Mercyhurst is, and I'm telling you they have to be. I wouldn't be shocked if this is their first year in Division one, because I feel like, I this is rare for me, and again it's not certainly not something to brag about, but I feel like I I would have known about them or at least heard of them if they weren't brand new two two D one. They are for Marie, Pennsylvania, which is where I have where I have some family.
Speaker 2: At here, isn't it. Yeah, let's see they joined the NAA C.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is gonna tell me when they joined, because I know nobody cares. This is the probably the least relevant thing we've ever discussed on this show, but I've got to know. And yes I'm correct, this is their first year in the in the Northeastern Conference.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: All right, we got to run one more hour left. We'll finish strong before we get out of here for the weekend. Stick around for the fop oclock hour. It's Coffee and Company. Field about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety