Speaker 1: Ready for.
Speaker 2: All right, twenty third day of September twenty twenty five, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. Anyway, it's the o'celly effect. As you heard in the intro there we are live on the stream. Most of you will not hear it there. It is a podcast also has been for more than a decade, and yet I say it every single time. Anyway, here we go for the handful of listeners we got, and I appreciate you, I really do. I want to thank Chris especially and Chris this week so you know, just saying it is what it is. And I still got to pay a phone bill. But we'll get to that tonight's purpose. We'll have Larry Hancock on later in the week. We'll definitely do the Friday night show. And I've even asked for some ideas about how to name a new short series which will not be the Ocelli effect, but literally ten minutes or less, or maybe five minutes or less. But I doubt I can squeeze anything into five minutes ten minutes or less. Okay, podcasts not connected at all to the Ocelli effect and what I've been doing, except that maybe I'll just tell personal anecdotes with a humorous twist, no matter what they are from my life. Even the most horrifying dark humor is still humor anyway. So I'm asking for names on that. If you want to, you can send me suggestions for what to name that short series of podcasts. I guess you could call them podcasts, but anyway, there'll definitely be shorts. We'll put them out on a bunch of different platforms and see if we can't refloat this thing called you know, o'celli, and see if I still can, I don't know, find a couple of new people to tune in, and yeah, give me a name, give me an idea, give me artwork, ideas, anything, because I'd like to build what you guys think is different about this show, those of you that do recognize there's still something different anyway, I guess we should get into the trenches of what doesn't seem to change. Although the news continues to pile up fast and furious, joining me tonight, missus. Oh and she hasn't used the the well the convention of communication that I'm using tonight before, but I think it won't be a problem. Hopefully, it's not too noisy, and if it is, it is all my fault because I gave her about five minutes to get used to it, so it is my fault. But anyway, Han, go ahead and speak and let's just experiment with the live air like we do.
Speaker 3: All right, Hello, everybody, there we go.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute since.
Speaker 3: I've come on, but with the recent going ons, I have decided that I have something to say, and I'm going to say it.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Look, I think it's I think it's goings on maybe, but look, I don't want to correct you, that's for sure, because I noticed how I'm questioning and not like correcting or like, hey, it's actually goings on, and because I question all of my reality around me at this point. Ongoings, ongoings. Well yeah, but it's it's usually I think it's goings on and it's not going going ons because the ons are not the multiple right, so the as is supposed to be. See, now, we could sit here and argue about this if you want. I'm honey, I'm doing a demonstration for them. Okay, just hang on a second. We can argue about this. We can look it up. We could figure out which side is fake about it and which one is not? And I might trust you know, Miriam Webster, and you might swear by Urban Dictionary, but at the end of the day, we you know, still got to live with each other. I don't know, is that A had a four hunt. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, And maybe nobody gives a crap I gotta say, And you know, yeah, there you go. Am I boring you on?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Sometimes I think I am, you know, because I know I repeat myself. I run stuff by missus Oh on occasion. Uh, well, like every day I run stuff by her. I don't use all of it on air because usually she says stuff like don't don't don't don't don't say that on your show. Just don't don't say that. But but that's a true story. But anyway, enough out of me. Nobody wants to hear from me. And just just for the record, missus O's voice might be a little challenged because she's had, you know, some things that gave her sore throats over the past. I don't know month, but so have I And uh, it's just a thing. Maybe it's seasonal change. Maybe it's just we're sick people. I don't know it is what it is, But every time we get around those that have been recently vaccinated, I swear to God that is the only time people in my house really get sick, and especially the youngest of us. But then again, I guess there's the dogs, right, Maybe maybe the dogs are giving us things and whatnot. Well, we can imagine whatever we like. Anyway, before I get into the headlines, which I'd love to get comments from you on a couple of them. Honey, do you want me to start with your main feature or should we you know, just kind of jog through the headlines real quick. I'm thinking a jog through the headlines to warm you up and let you just comment on what I decided to just look at. Maybe a couple of sound clips just to get you rolling. But or do you want to get right to the topic at hand for you?
Speaker 3: No, the first way, okay, go through the headlines would be best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll do a few, all right, I won't I won't use them all. I'll let you, you know, because I think you have something to do in a little bit, so I'll let you, you know, take off and then you don't have to you get a break from listening to me, and you can go do something else if you want, or you can hang out up to you. I don't mind. But the the you know, the five little dogs might start barking too, so you never never know. Anyway, Let's see Ryan Ruth right, Ruth Roth, Ruth Ruth. I don't know. They keep saying Ruth, but r O U T h uh. You know, what do you do? He pled guilty today. Now, if you read different, let's call them different sides of the equation, different spins in the media based on left, right, center, libertarian, et cetera. The headline might sound a little different from one to the other, like the fact that Fox News like kind of went on for about an hour about him stabbing himself with the pen allegedly on his way out, and really really wanted to repeatedly show you his daughter storming away and then his son kind of calmly walking away. And I'm very confused, except that this is the guy took a shot at Trump a little ways back, and apparently you know the guy they found in the bushes. You remember this, n right? Yes, okay, so you got anything to say about this? He pled guilty, tried to stab himself with a pen in court, but then they brought him back in and finished the proceedings. His kids are not happy, but I'm a little confused because if he pled guilty, he's representing himself. His kids are angry at who him the court. The whole situation sounded like the daughter was saying stuff like we'll get you out of here. The sun kind of kept his mouth shut walking out. But I find the whole thing a little confusing, considering if he's the guy who did this, he's the guy they captured, and he's bleeding guilty representing himself, unless he's just really, really really mentally ill, which I kind of believe based on his arrest photos, you know, in which case his kids are saying, look, somebody help him because he's mentally ill. Maybe that's what they're angry about. But that's all I can make of it. What do you think about it? You saw part of the clip, and you know, again, maybe people forgot in the melee of madness that is the news speed, but indeed, this is the guy who took you know who was hiding in the bushes at the Florida golf course. So what are your thoughts on that one.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I think I don't know why you would try to stab himself in the neck with a pan.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess you could.
Speaker 6: Kill yourself that way.
Speaker 3: Was it to kill himself or postpone the hearing? What was the actual point?
Speaker 2: No, there wasn't postponing because they were already in process. It wasn't going to stop anything. I guess it could have made him have to go to the hospital. But quite frankly, and I love just to give you an idea of character in case you need to decode it. Missus Oh's first thought is I don't know if that's a good way to kill yourself or not. I mean, you know, you got to pick a better method. Can you tell she lives with me anyway? Yeah? Okay, fine, But what other thoughts you got on this? Or should I move on? Yeah? It could probably move on?
Speaker 3: Okay, I do too much to say about that fiasco?
Speaker 2: All right? Fair enough? How about they get.
Speaker 3: Fox news Is on it for a while because they didn't have anything else to talk about at the moment, so they hovered over that for an.
Speaker 2: Home Well, everybody hovered on it for a minute, and of course had to be live because you know, if it bleeds, it leads, and if it's also politically charged, we are all over it. And that's every broadcast outlet and all the other stuff that actually matters, because who the hell actually watches broadcast TV anymore. I'm thinking it's not a majority. But I'll tell you what we'll do. I'm going to go through these things quicker so we don't linger too long. And you stop me when you want to comment, okay, and I'm mainly going to go with headlines, short comment, move along. That's going to be my pattern. And you tell me, wait a second, I want to say something, all right, or just break in and I'll shut up. Okay, okay, because as you can see, folks, I scripted this oh so well, So okay. Anyway, how about this. Trump says he now believes Ukraine can take back all of its land after meeting with Zolensky. That's according to the AP today, kind of a change in attitude regarding that. I mean, I thought Zolensky had none of the cards, so he went from, you have none of the cards too. Oh, by the way, I think they could take it all because Putin has now made me angry, reminds me of the angry ex going, I don't care. He's ugly anyway. I know I acted like I wanted him back for three months. But he's ugly and no good in bad how about that? And the new guy is great and you look at him and you know she lying anyway. Israel calls the UN push for pala Okay, Israel calls the UN push for palis Si statehood a charade, warns of quote consequences end quote for recognition moves. Now. This is coupled also with Trump's visit to the UN today to give a speech, which maybe I'll comment on later or maybe I'll play clips from later or not. We'll get there. And geez, what else happened? Oh, the French president Macrone got like caught in gridlock and they would not even move the blocked off stuff. See, you're in America, so the French president, we don't move traffic for you because we're waiting for Trump, who's late. And that is big lee And you've got to understand you are not the part of the hottest country in the world. So look, Fritchie, you can wait. And besides that, why don't you just pay attention before your wife slaps you again. Anyway, that went on in New York, just saying yeah, there was a bit of a phone call about it. Every everything's frozen for you told in NYC. Because of course he feels like Trump loves him too, because he's a cop stopped on the street by NYC police. Francis Macrone calls Trump something. But you know what, The headline was cut off, so you'll have to read it and there will be links in the show notes. Anyway, Should we get back to politically motivated terror? Maybe, but not just yet. What about political speech and all that? How about we play a clip or two that might be or might not be relevant. In a strange way, I found myself half liking, half liking how Ted Cruz described it. But I wonder if missus. Oh, and here's where I want you to play the home game. Hunt. Tell me what's wrong with this besides the fact that you're going to hear the voice of Ted Cruz, please, okay, be ready for this one. Hunt.
Speaker 4: He threatens explicitly, we're going to cancel ABC's license. We're gonna take him off the air, so ABC cannot broadcast anymore. And I gotta say, he threatens it. He says, we can do this the easy way, but we can do this the hard way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I got to say, that's right out of good Fellows. That that that that that that's right out of a mafio. So coming into a bar going nice bye you have here, it'd be a shame of something happened to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, honey. So I don't know if you caught that? Was that nice and clear for you? You're I hear you. You're not speaking, but I hear the miss the air conditioner, honey. Okay, it could be that Missus can't hear. And now I'm feed okay, okay, restored. I shall restart it anyway. Now I gotta go back somehow, and uh, you know what I'll do. I'll take a quick break here while I straightened out the issue, because now I'm hearing missus O breathe and she doesn't realize it. Somehow she's not hearing me, but I'm hearing her quite well. Anyway, Let's take a quick break and the ol.
Speaker 1: Pet oh Chili dot Com.
Speaker 6: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the Times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against.
Speaker 5: For more information The War State.
Speaker 6: Dot Com the.
Speaker 2: Use expressed like caller schools. There anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot com who not necessarily reflect and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might exsue dot Com radio nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 7: You know what uranium is, right think of nuclear weapons and other things like lots of what uranium is right? Bad things things done with uranium leading some bad things, nuclear holocaust, What uranium is right? I agree, nuclear holocaust, nuclear holocaust, What uranium is right?
Speaker 6: They think of nuclear.
Speaker 7: Reponies and other things like dots of.
Speaker 5: Uranium is right?
Speaker 7: Things are done with uranimy in leading some bad things nuclear holocaust, nuclear hola holocaust, nuclear holocaust, nuclear holocaust, nuclear Go ahead, call.
Speaker 3: It about the JFA assassination.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Dy Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriends he knew?
Speaker 2: Ruby and Barry answer weapons? Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 3: But okayal on the building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, has a.
Speaker 6: Real effort on the DAFA assassination reclaim.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Barry Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed, if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A s JFK at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it action dissects the many, many fantastic claims. Judith Ary Baker, in her own.
Speaker 5: Words, thank you for the information.
Speaker 8: Do you like history? Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that will open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson. Revelation through conversation.
Speaker 5: Here Shelly and you know from many years because you can't read her specializing.
Speaker 2: All right, that's quite enough of that, and we don't need the long intro. So here we go back with missus O who can now hear me again, So we're going to get to it right where we left off. And uh again, just to set this clip up, I think it's necessary to understand this might be one of those times where I'm not sure how to feel about what I'm hearing, and I want to get missus O's commentary. I know she's familiar with this political figure, and I know she's familiar with, you know, probably a general predisposition about who he is and all that. But from something called verdict with Ted Cruz, guess.
Speaker 4: Who he threatens explicitly We're going to cancel ABC's license. We're gonna take him off the air, so ABC cannot broadcast anymore. And I gotta say, he threatens it. He says, we can do this the easy way, but we can do this the hard way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I got to say, that's right out of good Fellows.
Speaker 1: That that that that that's.
Speaker 4: Right out of a mafio.
Speaker 5: So coming into a bar.
Speaker 4: Going nice bye you have here, it'd be a shame of something happened to it. And I got to say, look, I understand, Jimmy Kimmel has mocked me so many times I cannot count.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all the fact that Ted Cruz said, I understand, I call bs on that, but we'll leave it alone. Enough of my commentary on this, missus Zoe. I got two questions for you actually Okay, So the first one, I'm wondering if you know what it is my problems are with that particular portion of this really short sound clip of Ted Cruz talking about obviously the recent controversy with ABC, Jimmy can et cetera. What do you think my problems are with it? And then I'd like to know what you think of that so far, because he's not happy about the ABC move to get rid of Jimmy Kimmel in this clip, and I'm gonna play more and we'll see more why, but first, maybe tell tell people what you think my initial problems are with what I just heard, and then by all means, tell us what your ideas are about it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say that the horribly fake Italian accent would be one trying to be.
Speaker 2: Not only is he trying to be a gangster okay or gangster depending uh, but I mean it's it's way beyond white, the way he warped it. I don't know what nationality he thinks that is. But you think there's anything else I have a problem, you know, and that and that few seconds of audio anything else.
Speaker 3: Well that that I think is the name one.
Speaker 2: And no that was it okay? So you think, no, it's okay, it's okay to be wrong, first of all, but secondly, maybe you're not wrong. You are, but it's okay. The thing is, it's okay to be wrong. Uh, he's quoting that's that's right out of Good Fellas. No it's not. No, it's not. Oh no, it's not it's you know what, it's not even out of either way. It's a generalized thing. I don't know that that's a quote out of any movie, but it's definitely not a quote out of Good Fellas. You know, I mean, is that sort of thing portrayed? Yes, but it's not straight out of Good Fels. I mean, get your movie references straight, ted, I mean before we even get into the rest of this anyway. All right, So so those might be my initial you know, things that make my ears perk up. But how about you? What did what did you hear? What was what was your impressions? Personally? Because we are not always in lockstep, and we don't share a brain. Although our brains appear to be connected, we don't share a brain on a lot of stuff, me and missus O. So I'm curious. Maybe she's got a different point of view on it. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I can't stand here in him talk about anything.
Speaker 8: I find him to be irrelevant.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not irrelevant because he is a senator from Texas, he's a former presidential candidate. He's the guy that Trump tried to claim his dad was involved with Lee Harvey Oswald and they're part of assassinating a president once. Also, you know, lieon Ted Cruz. But he's all good now because you know.
Speaker 3: His life is a cow And well that's what Trump said, something to that effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna call her.
Speaker 3: Like an ugly cow or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I see now. It's been so long and there's so many wild things that Trump has said about so many different people. It's hard to remember. But he definitely was not thinking that Ted Cruz's wife was, you know, maybe something that should be in the hottest country in the world because she you know, they used to have this website called Hot or Not and that's another part of Zuckerberg's history and the reality is on the Hot or Not website. Trump would have definitely clicked not for Ted Cruz's wife told him so, and even though Ted Cruz was you know, a little bit faux angry in public about it. He didn't really do anything to defend his wife's honor. A tough guy from Texas who also, you know, ran away during power outages when stuff was frozen and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring that up.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing that struck you in me was not exactly the same thing that was up front with everybody else. It was the side note of oh, and by the way, here's his dog staring out a screen door, which means the help was allowed. So the help and the dog can freeze. We're going to cane kun f you? Ted Cruz said, I always found that remarkable. And okay, so enough of that, but a little more audio from Ted Cruz. Great, I know you don't like it, but bear with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gonna try to be polish. Now what was he gonna do this?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 2: But who am I trying to be? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is he going to try to be polish this time?
Speaker 2: What's he gonna do? Let's see? Oh, honey, it gets so much worse if you check out Ted Cruz trying to do movie impressions and stuff. I mean he tries to do Star Wars. I mean he tries to do, you know, I mean literally like Yoda and and it's the same kind of thing misquoted Mango. I mean, I'm trying to remember, but it's so rough. You could find a ton of examples of this online of Ted audio, not just on his podcast, which you know, people get on me when I miss place a word in a sentence, but holy crap. I mean, if this guy was presenting an SNL real field, you wouldn't even put him on the public access version of SNL in Boise. I mean, it's rough, okay, but look, I don't want to criticize. He's not there to be a comedian or an impressionist. But let's continue on with this clip related to and you know it's getting weird when I'm asking you to please honey bear with me while we listen to Ted Cruz. But let's take a listen anyway and give him a chance, because people are making different things out of this, as per usual, and I'm just wondering what you might make out of it now that I've gotten my personal highest objection out of the way, and that is butchering the Italian like I don't even know what ethnicity that is that to me sounds like what a guy in the eighties might try to make insert any ethnicity sound like, except it might be a white guy's version of Asian people from back then take double with yoll plasia. It would be a shame. You know, it doesn't sound like like Ted. Listen to me carefully. You know, hey, nice place you got here, I gotta say, would be a terrible shame. I mean, you got to change a cadence at least, you know. But okay, And I'm not an impression. I'm terrible at impressions. I once mocked Minnie Eastwood or whatever his name was on his radio show. I said, dude, you're doing a terrible Italian accent, and he said, you go ahead and do one. And I was like, this is the weirdest thing. I'm not a comedian, not trying to do it, and of course I'm going to do it badly because he was trying to do like his godfather thing. You know. It was like, you know, DoD Corley Old, and I'm like, oh, you know, dude. You know, it's sort of like when you watch somebody I don't know run down the street and they didn't expect to run and they haven't run in fifteen years. It looks awkward, except this guy's supposed to be a comedian all the time, so you know, any impression shouldn't be that awkward. Anyway. I digress and double digress. So let's get out of away on this and go back to Ted Cruz and listen to him.
Speaker 4: Okay, the corporate media, they are dishonest, they are liars. I hate what Jimmy Kimmel said. I am thrilled that he was fired. But let me tell you, if the government gets in the business of saying, we don't care say what you the media have said, We're going to ban you from the airwaves if you don't say what we like, that will end up bad for conservatives. It reminds me of you and I are both fans of The Lord of the Rings Dry R.
Speaker 5: Tolkien.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of like the Ring of Power, and it is so attractive. It's sort of like conservatives saying, wait, wait, if we have government, we have power, we can ban the media. Let me tell you what will happen going down this road. There will come a time when a Democrat wins again, wins the White House, they will get rid of every Democrats see it's a conservative, they'll get rid of ever podcast, So get rid of it.
Speaker 2: They will silence us.
Speaker 4: They will use this power, and they will use it ruthlessly. And that is stagers. And by the way, in the Biden administration, they tried to go after and revoke Fox's license because they didn't like and they say everything they on Fox his hate speech. I'm sure they say everything you and I say is hate speech, is misfirmation. They've defined anything counter to the leftist narrative as misinformation. Now, we just talked about Jimmy Kimla was lying. But you know what, it's interesting Brendan said, well, gosh, they slandered They slandered Charli Kirk and his family. You know what, if they slandered him, there's already a remedy. There's a remedy of defamation. ABC could be sued and by the way, you get a defamation laws you could pay millions of dollars. Let that process play out.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 4: Unbelievably dangerous for government to put itself in the position of saying we're going to decide what speech we like and what we don't, and we're going to threaten to take you off air if we don't like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm done playing Ted Cruz. Okay, and I'm going to close that link so I don't even accidentally hit it again and play it again. But food for thought there, So tell me what your thoughts are on what you just heard, and you know, you just give me that and let's see, let's see where we go from there. Oh but first I got to apologize because it's sped up a little because I have the TikTok version of it, and they're trying to cram it into a shorter video. So this is one of those tricks they do now and why some things sound so unnatural. They just speed it up and figure you won't notice and it'll sound just as good anyway, so they can cram it in for time and make sure it fits what they need for the algorithm to share. Because this is Ted Cruise's people sharing this and then other people picking up on it, and it's going everywhere. And technically speaking, this is from the TikTok of Bullwark, the Bullwark Media, which I don't even know if they're connected to the you know, magazine or online publication, whatever you want to call it. I have no idea, but this is clearly somebody else sharing a portion of Ted Cruise's podcast, which was already clipped and shared by Ted Cruse and his podcast. So you know, it is the original clip, but it's sped up a little, and yet it is secondhand, but it doesn't appear to be edited. The guy who talks fast behind him sounds especially ridiculous, that's right, Bill, I mean like Alex Jones on crack. Well, no, no, no, no, that's Alex Jones every day, Alex Joones on crack and meth at the same time. So what are your thoughts on this? They don't really have any, Okay, so you want to move along, But I'm going to drop a couple of quick thoughts here. First of all, he has no objection to just you know, hey, in general, the government shouldn't be involved in speech. Now, a defender of Ted Kruz will say, you'd ling Chuck. You just said he has a problem with it. No, he has a problem with the idea that strategically it's an issue, okay, because Democrats will do this, they have done it before, and they will be merciless about it or whatever language he used. He's not concerned about the overall damage to the first Amendments. I want you to take notice of that. That's not the primary issued him. The issue to him is that, you know what, this will get used against us because if we did it, they'll say we can do it better, which is not what the Democrats usually do. Both parties try to retaliate and counter retaliate all the time to different levels of successful rhetorical victories. But Yike's Cruise is not concerned at all about that. Now here's the funny thing to me. This guy is basically giving you a very sloppy AI version of what he's supposed to be. I'm wondering if this is AI, because what is Ted Cruz? If you do an AI overview on Ted Cruise, whether it's groc or you know any of them, or you start to search them online and start to oh my god, read a little, what do you think? Comes up? Primarily as like what is Ted Cruz outside of the back? Like remove that he's a politician, he's Raphael Cruz's son. What is Ted Cruz known for? If you take away his politics? Honey, what do you think he is.
Speaker 3: Just a regular everyday person. Okay, you take away all that stuff not true.
Speaker 2: Here's what is true, and you're gonna love this. Here's the bullet points for his credentials. And maybe you'll catch on to why I find this so ironic. An elite education that's in bold letters here, this is literally my AI had just pulled up. Now, elite education. Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. What did he do after that? Well, he had a Supreme Court clerkship. He served as a law clerk for Chief Justice William Rehnquist on the US Supreme Court from nineteen ninety six to nineteen ninety seven. Okay, he was the Texas Solicitor General. Okay, that's his political stuff. Sorry, as a princident, that's you know. As a student at Princeton, Cruz wrote his senior thesis on the ninth and tenth Amendments titled Clipping the Wings of Angels. Okay, adjunct professorship. Okay, so you get the point. He's a senator, he's been highly educated, all that, and what is the main point that's brought up first as to who this guy is if you just landed on planet Earth, Raphael which you know is his real first name, Ted Cruz, because remember you know Raphael Cruise is his dad, right, No, Raphael Ted Cruise is actually his name, is an American politician and attorney. Okay, so now I say put the politician side apart. Widely recognized as a pre eminent or no, excuse me, prominent, Sorry I read the wrong word. Prominent conservative constitutional lawyer with extensive legal experience. So if you just landed on planet Earth, Ted Cruz is a constitutional lawyer who barely touches the Constitution. In the discussion about pre speech, I just want that to sink in. That's all I'm asking. I'm not even asking for judgment here. I'm just saying I want you to take notice that the strategy, how it could be used against them later, the politics of it is really what the constitutional lawyer here is after, because he put it up front, and I'm assuming he's intentional in the way he delivers his ideas and speeches, because that is actually the primary job of a lawyer is to write a story and to be able to tell it to either a jury or a judge in order to convince them that their version of the story is the most correct. I mean, that's a good way to describe what a lawyer does. You know what I'm saying. And anyway, I think I've belabored this enough. But now that I've said all that to you, do you have any other thoughts on it? Or shall we move on?
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was.
Speaker 2: That educated. Yeah, highly educated constitutional lawyer. Yeah, I had no idea. Okay, look I said before, Yeah, fair enough, go ahead, Okay, no, no, hey, if that's all there is, that's all. There is other headlines that went on just so you know, all right, and this is in the just so you know category, and stop me if you want to talk on. But here we go. News outlets prepare fight against Pentagon's demand for press to sign quote pledge end quote restricting reporting. That is something that's gone out in various versions out there, Just letting you know. This is a condensed sort of version of the headlines of the articles that I've read for background research. Today. Israel decries Hollywood, decries Hollywood boycott while silencing its own critical filmmakers. So Israel got in on the whole Jimmy Kimmel thing. And they're saying, how dare you try and censor people who are creatives in Hollywood? But they're censoring their own creatives over there, and filmmakers and news because don't give us bad coverage And kind of sounds familiar anyway. The US attacked Venezuelan boats it says are carrying drugs. Is Venezuela sending drugs to the US? Asks a PolitiFact article, And that's something that you might have not noticed happened because we're arguing about how the house that Mouse built fired one of the guys who does a pretty mild show. Even though Jimmy Kimmel is Italian, he doesn't really carry the Italian attitude and his last name isn't either, so you know, just letting you know. He also went and apparently filed for his right of return to Italy recently just because of this controversy. So I don't know if he overreacted privately or not, but it sounds like it to me. Any thoughts on that hunt or should I keep going? Okay, what else do we have? Okay? Politically motivated terrorist killers data sources and methodology. That is something that was published a little ways back by the CATO. Okay, the Cato Institute, and CATO, by the way, is not a before anybody gets crazy, it's not one a conservative directly or liberal establishment that you know, creates scholarly bs to support its own preconceived notions based on a political side, because they're literally supposed to be libertarian, and quite frankly libertarian as of the past twenty years or so has kind of become code for right wing just a little weird. But the Cato Institute, why do I bring this up? Because that and a study done by the Department of Justice is something that was scrubbed from the website recently. When the argument about who is the violent ones on the left or the right became a publicly traded talking point out there, they decided just coincidentally to scrub the data that was actually collected by that study and by their own work on the Department of Justice website. They literally removed it. It's gone, and you can follow up on many a different article about that if you'd like. I noticed also a slight resurgence of the pagan threat, okay, and who they're talking about. The pagan threat is obviously the threat to Christianity and Oh, by the way, I'm getting very tired at how I'm being harangued because I know I'm not the only podcaster being spammed to death by a faith counselor of some sort to the Trump administration who desperately wants to get on every podcast he can to explain how Christianity is under attack. I just want you to know that that there's somebody out there that is more aggressive about getting booked on a podcast than the two thousand and one Judith Barry Baker at this point, because believe me, believe me, and I am the preeminent, rare person to talk to about how Christians are under attack. And I say, listen, Grandpa, if you want, turn on Fox News and wait twenty minutes, cause I don't need this guy's a guest. You can get that elsewhere. Anyway. I have a couple of other clips regarding comedy, and some of these things are comedy to me, and some of them are comedy to you. Are you ready for that or do you want to talk about the issue you have lined up that you wanted to bring onto the show. And I definitely was going to cover it, but I'd rather that you go through it a little and talk about it. Are you ready for that? Or shall we do a little more comedy?
Speaker 1: Why don't you finish?
Speaker 3: Check but you wanted to do on that art, and then I'll bring up my couple of things.
Speaker 2: You got it? Because again I'm so well scripted, folks, see how seamless it is. So here we go. I'm gonna give you a choice. We can hear from a dead guy. We can hear from a guy that I did really honestly thought was dead, or we can hear about a guy that well is making comparisons between dead and allegedly dead people in history, and history could be anything from yesterday to you know, ten thousand years ago. So keep an open mind there. But which dead thing do you want to play with? Honey? How about that? I'm trying to do comedy here?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What can I do?
Speaker 1: So ten thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know? How about what was the first one? Okay? I know, because I talked so much, I'll make you forget the first thing I said. It happens all the time, dead comedian. Either either we are talking, we're gonna hear from a guy who is dead. Okay, two guys. One I thought was dead because he is a prominent figure that he's just one of those guys that that's the guy's still alive. Uh. And the third one would be a young man comparing two people that are dead in history one way or another. One of them, though I did hint, is long dead and the other one is recently dead. So which dead thing do you want to play with.
Speaker 1: The third one?
Speaker 2: See? Now, if she wanted to be funny, she could have said, well, your head, because your brain's dead. She could have insulted me like that, and that would be a jersey thing, and I wouldn't even be mad punny I was, depending on how you delivered it. But no, let's do this, okay. And I picked up this clip because I saw an evangelical talking about Trump versus Jesus, and in some cases they talk about Trump is Jesus and various other things that I thought would have been blasphemy, but this is. But no, he's not going to talk about Trump necessarily, because I'm telling you the Remember I told you he's going to compare or contrast or maybe both a dead guy from a long time ago and a man who died recently. Okay, okay, okay, let's see what. We obviously are not going to play the whole clip, but we will get through some of it, even though I think the whole clip might only be a minute long. Let's see how we do. And I'm going to stop it when it stops or whatever, and I just want to turn it over to you and tell me what you want to say or say. Let's move on and we'll pick another dead thing to play with. Okay, all right, this is my comedy here. What can I do? I told you guys, I'm not funny, but a couple of people insisted, no, I think you are. Well, this is my comedy. Okay. Anyway, missus O knows because she knows how to make groaning noises too. Anyway, look, I keep opening all sorts of well you do make groaning noises and the sigh when I say certain things, you go, I mean, you might not know it, but you do that when you're like, oh God, here he goes again. And you know. Anyway, let's just get to the clip. Enough bad of me.
Speaker 9: Christian nationalists have taken Trump as their new Christ because he's everything.
Speaker 2: The first one was not. Jesus was poor. Trump is rich.
Speaker 9: Jesus was meek, Trump is a bully. Jesus lost, and Trump is obsessed with winning.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm pausing because we're about halfway through the clip, and I say in my mind that somebody might still be on the fence about what this guy is really working up to. What is the punchline here? Okay, let's just remember Jesus is you know, meek, and what was it? Oh, Jesus is poor, Trump is rich. You know, Jesus takes the l Trump is obsessed with winning. Right, He's giving you serious contrasts here and saying, but modern people are you know, putting him in that christ like position and also recently putting other people in christ Like positions. Well, anyway, maybe I misread the clip here, but nonetheless I think it's a solid point that this is a Christian guy. Let's see, he's another guy from Texas and he's clearly, you know, a very Christian guy, and he's talking about Christian nationalism, which is relevant to Charlie Kirk who was a self proclaimed Christian comma nationalist and didn't want to be labeled as a Christian nationalist, you know, no comma, but not the less. It's relevant, So let's continue on with the clip and then I'll, like, I say, get your entire view on this, But I wanted to pause and just for a second look at this with Alle. And this is a clean cut guy. You know, he's not wearing a tie, but his shirt is you know, freshly open, and he's wearing a suit and he's on a Dais somewhere. And that's all I need to tell you about the visuals. Trump is obsessed with winning, he said, And we'll continue on from there.
Speaker 9: I honestly think that if Donald Trump and Jade Vance met Jesus today, they would ridicule him as a single.
Speaker 5: Childless hippie.
Speaker 9: And in fact, in fact, Donald Trump Junior explicitly rejected Jesus's sermon on the Mount.
Speaker 5: He said, turning the other cheek has quote gotten us nothing.
Speaker 9: How did we get to the point where loving your enemy is weak and loving your neighbor is woke?
Speaker 5: Christian nationalists?
Speaker 2: Okay, that is the whole clip. Your thoughts, missus?
Speaker 1: Oh well, who is that?
Speaker 2: First of all? Uh? You know what, he's a prominent Christian guy who is out there and has made other statements. I'm not even gonna name him. I'm gonna give you guys the clip, you can go research it for yourselves. But it is a rare voice that's being shared around in the social and whatever anti social media circles you want, and it's causing a stir in certain micro categories. But I find it interesting. Okay, go ahead. What are your thoughts though?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's yeah, good, I don't agree with it.
Speaker 2: You don't agree with it, well I did.
Speaker 3: Well, Now let me take that back. Most of his points are are correct, but I don't know the point. What's the point? Like?
Speaker 2: Why are we playing that we see? Isn't that interesting? When I don't give you context for who it is, so we don't attach it to an identity. And I give you very few details I want you to notice. And I'm not trying to pick on you because I see this everywhere. But yeah, people just have a judgment about what they're hearing. And look at what the judgment is. Now, what he's basically said here is that you know, you're comparing Trump to Jesus. And I don't see how this works basically, and Christian nationalists do this, but he's a Christian guy and he is definitely you know of that, you know of that side one way or another. Uh. And I'm trying to be as vague as possible here, but just his words alone, if you just judge the words and you just judge the content, what is he actually saying? And let's let's just go over part of it again.
Speaker 9: Real fast have taken Trump as their new Christ, Okay.
Speaker 2: Christian nationalists have taken Trump as their new Christ. Okay. So there's an odd statement because you know, he's supposed to be Trump the infallible. He's probably not talking to the actual pope himself and talking to the pope's brother when he wants to make contact because he's a little jealous. Because I really think when somebody put out that ai picture of him as pope, when the last pope, you know, was no longer in the position, I think he really thought somehow he could become pope, you know, because remember there was a picture of him in the pope outfit. Yeah, and people were cheering it on like that's right, should be Pope Donald? And yeah, and also Donald is the new Christ figure. They've attached him to all sorts of biblical stuff, is all I'm saying. Anyway, back to this guy's again, just looking at the points what he's saying not necessarily who he is. I mean, I think I accidentally already told Jesus in Texas or whatever. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I still don't know who he is, and no, it doesn't matter. But it blows my mind that he's even being compared to Jesus Christ or being considered then the new coming of one.
Speaker 2: Well, he's definitely the Messiah in a religious order, but outside of that, Yeah, you got trouble with the comparisons, and the guy's going to tell you.
Speaker 9: Why, because he's everything. The first one was not. Jesus was poor. Trump is rich, Jesus was meek, Trump is a bully. Jesus lost, and Trump is obsessed with winning.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I got a few problems with this because according to you know, dogma, Christ won by being crucified because he you know, listened, he gave up himself and he therefore cleared all of our sins. Right, so he won even though he died. So I don't know why he's saying that Jesus lost, right, although it is tough to say you won when you you know, if you watch the passion of the Christ, a little difficult to call that guy winner Grant, cavisl or whatever. But in the order of things, he is the winner. He's always the victor, no matter how it turns out. But anyway, Jesus is poor and Trump is rich. Well, there's a problem there, because riches are not merely just measured in gold and such. According to Christians, faith's own you know, literature, let's say, your own holy book. That would not be the attitude to take. But he is right about a few things here while being wrong. Also, Trump is a bully, and Jesus was meek. Well, I don't think it was so meek when he went over flipping over the tables and releasing the animals in the temple when he was pissed. Sounds to me like, actually, you know, even the name that he says that they would ascribe to Jesus would probably be inaccurate, because I don't think they'd call him a childless hippie alone. They'd probably try and make him a member of the new Antifa. And in this case, the new Antifa would be the emerging religion according to their story of Christianity from the Roman perspective. You know, those people that had emperors, and you know, they would have to tell you, remember thou art mortal when approaching him and all that kind of stuff, because the emperor was supposed to be beyond that. But just saying anyway, let's continue on with the comparisons real quick, because I think he's off here when you take his words at face value. I get his point, though, but I think he's off in a few ways. Let's see.
Speaker 9: I honestly think that if Donald Trump and Jade Vance met Jesus today, they would ridicule him as a single, childless Hippi. And in fact, in fact, Donald Trump Junior explicitly rejected Jesus' sermon on the Mount.
Speaker 5: He said, turning to the other cheek, has quote gotten us nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, because again we're using the wrong measuring stick. But although Donald Trump Junior did say that, but yeah, go ahead, you have something to say.
Speaker 1: Were those of the controversial.
Speaker 3: Things that Junior said that Kirk's memorial service, that people all.
Speaker 4: Up in it up for her?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that was it. You know, the big line there was I disagree with Erica because she said, as she forgives the assassin of Charlie. But I'm sorry Charlie's going to be mad at me. Eric is mad at me. I don't care. I don't care. I hate my enemies. That was the big smoot. But that was Donald Senior. No, that was senior, that was our president. Yeah, Junior said something too that. Yeah, I'm sure people upset. Well, he was constantly saying. He constantly says stuff that makes me shake my head and scratch it simultaneously. But anyway, well, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: One of them said that his I think it was Eric, said that he considered that his father considered Kirk his second son, which is hilarious because Eric is the second son totally just like scooped himself under the rug and put this Kirk dude in front of him.
Speaker 2: Well wow, and please allow me know what you just said, right, and please allow me to make an eighties common joke and probably would now be called a dad joke. He's the second son that we know of Eric, Uh, you know, because who knows Donald Trump was you know, in more than one bed and admits to having cheated on all of his wives. So could there be other little Trump's out there? Possibly just saying you know, I mean, but but yeah, Eric himself goes, Yeah, forget about me. This guy's the second son, not a secondary son. But yeah, why not because it fits perfectly with with Eric, you know, I mean, he he is so so deserving of being you know, the the what the co the co chairman of the Trump crypto Empire, right that that's that's because that's what he's doing now. He's running the Trump crypto Empire along with his brother in some foreign country. I think it might be in the Middle East. Yeah, go ahead, and.
Speaker 3: There's a statue or something of Trump, this big old statue of Trump holding like a bitcoin or something going up somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know these things are all worthy that you'll go We're gonna take down all the other ones.
Speaker 2: Right, these things are all worthy of consideration. But anyway, let's move on, because what dead thing do you want to play with next? The guy I thought was dead or the guy that I'm pretty certain is dead, And you know which, which one shall we play with next?