Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: So if you want to have sex with Betty White and want to have a conversation with her, I'm listening. No, I don't think that her voice is used as part of this. I don't think she's one of those.
Speaker 3: Is this Betty White as the character Rose Golden Girls? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a very good point too.
Speaker 4: Details and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Here's Bill Handle. Good morning everybody. Bill Handle Here. It is a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Morning, May one, and for your communists out there today May Day International Workers Day, CONO. You have to play the Internacional which is the international anthem for workers around the world workers read communists, because that is a communist international anthem. Did you know that May one is a big, big deal around.
Speaker 1: The world for workers.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, I want to give you a little bit of a little factoid out there that want to start with one of those facts that people may or may not know, have no idea? All right, CONO, good morning, good morning. Hey, you want to look up the international because that's kind of spandub bull victimsel the presh for the tyrant speak makes you want to paint your bedroom red, doesn't it? Okay, it's enough of that, Yeah, I know they're well. Actually it's usually just the musical version.
Speaker 3: That Monty python.
Speaker 1: Yes's usually it's not that doesn't have lyrics to it.
Speaker 2: It's just the music that's playing anyway, all right, Cono, good morning, Neil, good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Will, there you go, Will, good morning. There you are, good morning. And Amy there you are, Hi, Hi, Happy may Day. And I don't know where Anne is.
Speaker 5: He's running around.
Speaker 1: She was just in here, yeah, putting the show. Oh there she is. H morning, Anne, good morning, good morning. Okay.
Speaker 2: A couple of things, A couple of sort of business things, kind of fun stuff. Oh, let me close the door here, okay, because I don't want to wake up Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Hang on, dude, you want to play that some more by Bomb Bom Candles Marching Music.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 1: Studio. Okay, excellent. I just went over there and stood up straight Ramrod.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm obviously at home today, so broadcasting from my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, who'd I say? Oh? And there you are? Good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, So a little bit of business fun business, as you know, we're putting together June seventh, a dinner at the Anaheim White House where the food is just utterly spectacular and Bruno, of course it owns it created Catarina's Club, the charity feeds the kids. Were there on Pastaday or we have we broadcast Past Today, usually in December. So anyway, Anaheim White House dinner, destination, restaurant, phenomenal food, and we are inviting five people and a guest. All five have to agree on that one guest. No, that's not true. It's five plus one. So you get to bring someone with you. And we're trying to figure out how we get those five people. And Anne and I have been talking about it, and one of the things is, you know, someone writes in or you're right, you write in and what why you should go and suggested we do that on our callback line through the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: And we have to come up some rules. No sycophantic crap.
Speaker 2: We're not going to have a cabinet meeting where people tell me how great I am. Don't want to hear it, Okay, so that's off the table now. If you want to be obnoxious and rude and depraved and asked me questions aha, or ask us questions why you want to go? You got a good shot at it, And she, of course said, Bill, you're so self loathing, because I just, yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: I was even mentioning that when I was honored enough to be inducted in the Radio Hall of Fame KF, I wanted to do something, some kind of party. No, not interested, couldn't care less, So it just went by you.
Speaker 4: You've found a way to talk about you being in the No, it's a.
Speaker 2: Way to say I don't care. It's yeah, thank you, Yes we're not.
Speaker 4: What about when you got your star on the Hollywood Walk thing you threw, you threw a.
Speaker 1: You threw a party.
Speaker 2: You threw a big party for me down at whatever club there was that gay club.
Speaker 3: You know where gay till you walked in.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true, that's not true.
Speaker 4: Let's see what else can you humble brag about this morning.
Speaker 3: Not familiar with the term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I do know. I am familiar.
Speaker 2: I just uh, you know, I just hit myself someplace and I'm starting to bleed. You know what the problem is is when you take I don't know, you know, when I take blood thinners because of you know, my heart thing and if I scratch, it's like I'm hemophilia. He might you know, Bill, what yesterday you said that I could interrupt when you're going places that you need to come back from. Okay, Okay, I'm a little tangentile anyway. So and what do you want to do? No, I understand that. But in terms of before we start handling the news, you know, it's Thursday, it's May first, International Workers Day?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, do.
Speaker 1: You want to put do you want to make a decision. We won't make a decision as to how we'll figure it out. Okay, that's it. Let's go ahead and we will do. Thank you for pulling uh you know us back into the show and you will not be doing that.
Speaker 2: Again ever ever ever. Okay, guys, I understand that was rhetorical. Okay, I didn't really mean it. Okay, guys, let's do it. It's time for handle on the news on this May first Workers Day with Amy Neil and Me lead story. Kamala Harris finally went public her first big appearance regarding well two things one ripping into Donald Trump what a shocker and setting herself up for a run either for the governor governor's race here in California because Gavin Newsen has turned out, and or running again for presidency the presidency, which I don't think is going to happen, and ripped into the administration just to said, oh things, what does she say? It's an agenda regarding the Trump administration, a narrow, self serving vision of America where they punish truth tellers, favor loyalists, cash in on their power, leave everyone to fend for themselves, while abandoning allies and retreating from the world.
Speaker 1: And that is the good stuff she said.
Speaker 3: That was wow. Yeah, that article was edited to make her.
Speaker 5: It was a speech.
Speaker 1: It was a speech.
Speaker 4: Political is reporting on it, so handle. Yeah, it's not like she got nothing. I mean, didn't she have like seventy thousand or seventy million votes and change?
Speaker 1: Yeah she did. She did not like she No, she did. But it's it's fair to say. I mean, it wasn't a landslide for Donald Trump. You can't argue that.
Speaker 3: It was decisive. Absolutely it was.
Speaker 1: It was I think the word is he handily won.
Speaker 2: It wasn't razor thin like two votes difference as it was between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. When the first time out, when Biden actually won against Trump by just a little tiny bit.
Speaker 1: No, this was a this was a no issue.
Speaker 2: Trump won both the general and the electoral College, so you can't argue at that. So she did get seventy million votes, but you know what, that's the way it breaks down. JFK won with one hundred and fifty thousand votes out.
Speaker 1: Of Okay, now, thank you. I mean he won with nothing. He won to the point where Richard Nixon could have called for a week coount in two seconds, and to his credit, Nixon wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: He said, I'm not going to put the country through this. And you have to give Nixon big, big kudos for this one, even though he should have gone to prison for obstruction of justice.
Speaker 5: All right, let's make a deal. Actually, the deal is done.
Speaker 6: The US and Ukraine have signed what has been called an economic partnership agreement that will give Washington access to Kiev's rare earth minerals in exchange for the US's continued support for Ukraine's efforts to fight back against Russia. The deal comes after weeks of intense negotiations and Treasury Secretary Scott Bescent said, the agreement signals clearly to Russia. Uh, the Trump administration is committed to a peace process centered on a free, sovereign, prosperous Ukraine over the long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Putin did it because the President wanted peace and it looks like Putin is just getting lip service to peace with Ukraine. And the President realized, okay, and said, Putin doesn't look like he's going to go forward with any peace product and with any peace process. And the final straw is Putin refused to wear a Make America Great hat, and that did it.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 3: I thought you weren't allowed to sign a contract under.
Speaker 1: Duress, under your under your dress.
Speaker 4: Now, under duress isn't war duress?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's going to enforce that?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Where are you going to sue someone for the under duress concept?
Speaker 2: And you're right, you're allowed to see it. It's just not it's just not valid. It's not valid in any court under duress or coercion.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right.
Speaker 4: A bipartisan measure that sought to undo the sweeping tariffs their President Donald J. Trump has imposed on most countries that was earlier this month. Well, it failed. Yesterday, the vote ended in a tie forty ninety nine, with three Republicans, Senators.
Speaker 3: Rand Paul, Susan Collins and.
Speaker 4: Lisa Murkowski of Alaska joining all the Democrats. President, that's a keyword there, President, to support the resolution.
Speaker 2: Collins and Mkowski are the liberal Republicans and Ran Paul is just.
Speaker 1: The weirdest guy in the world. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: He believes in no deficits, and he's pissed off because we are, you know, a trillion something in deficit spending.
Speaker 1: Okay, So of course the Republicans are going to back up Trump no matter what. And that's exactly what happened. The fact that man, no one knows what's happening at all, Savill. And every day you're on the phone about tariffs, what the hell do we do? And hundreds of thousands of other businesses are in exactly the same position. Article on the Wall Street Journal or New York Times about Apple, apple products, the.
Speaker 2: Phone, the iPhone. Man, they're screwed, they are screwed if a tariff goes against them, and right now said they're on hold, right now, okay, Yeah, eighty percent of iPhones are made in China. Eighty or ninety percent, and to make phones here in.
Speaker 1: The States is just crazy. Oh, just a quick point I want to make, because I was doing some research this morning. I asked the question, you know, I went to chat box or whatever the hell it is, and why is it really hard to make phones here? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things, you know, and Trump wants to move factories here for good jobs. All right, The average wage in the United States, let's say cars, Okay, the average wage for manufacturing the workers in car manufacturing is twenty bucks an hour, twenty one dollars an hour. Average wage in China it's between two and four dollars an hour. What do you think the cost is going to be of manufacturing all cars.
Speaker 1: In the United States?
Speaker 2: And that's across the board, So wages there are eighty percent of what wages are here.
Speaker 4: I've often wondered, And it's the same with India and the like. Yes, I've often wondered, why is it okay for if we wouldn't allow that in our own country, why would we say that it's okay to use basically slave labor.
Speaker 2: That is, well, what two dollars an hour in China's not slave labor? How about our KFI T shirts that are made in Pakistan.
Speaker 1: My kids making three cents an hour and they're eight years old.
Speaker 2: That's and you can't actually wear them on a hot day because if you sweat, the dye runs. Okay, moving on fake news.
Speaker 6: Something that well sort of survived the fire is a whole lot of guns. Cleanup crews at the sight of the Palisades fire say they found about five hundred guns and they've scooped them up and now they're trying to reunite them with their owners. So they need to find the serial numbers and all of that, which is an issue because most of the guns and rifles found in the ash were damaged. Stocks were burned away, the metals baked into a copper color, and that's from the photographs that we've seen. The guns are difficult to identify because of the damage. LAPD officials didn't say how many of the recovered firearms are still working, but they say, oh, come.
Speaker 3: You've got to shoot a gun that's been anneal and here's time.
Speaker 2: No, it's a big issue because we just got a notice from the NRA saying, no one's going to take away my melted gun that's now a lump lump of metal.
Speaker 1: I have a second Amendment right to that lump.
Speaker 3: Maybe they'll replace them out of the kindness of their heart. President Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump's first one hundred days are being looked at an office. There have been the worst says for the stock market since Richard Nixon's administration, with significant drops following is tariff announcement. There's a lot of yo yoing there, But according to Trump, it's all Joe Biden's fault. This is Biden's stock market, not Trump's. He posted on truth Social yesterday morning. I didn't take over until January twentieth. Tariffs will soon start kicking in, and companies are starting to move into the US in record numbers.
Speaker 3: You know, it's what was the saying the buck stops here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, well that was Terry Truman.
Speaker 4: But let me ask, you know, question the days just just say listen, this is gonna come out and say it's gonna take time.
Speaker 1: Can't well he did say that, but he can't take the blame for it.
Speaker 3: So I was quite to have it both ways. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's when things are good, it's a Trump economy, and when things are bad, it's a Biden economy.
Speaker 2: I have a question, how long is it Biden's fault? Is it another quarter? Is it another year if we go into recession U And he said tariffs have nothing to do with the economy shrinking.
Speaker 1: Nothing. Uh.
Speaker 2: And that may be true, by the way, because tariffs are only a month old. But we'll see what happens next quarter. We'll see what happens the quarter after that, and it will be it will be a it will be a Biden economy until the economy turns around.
Speaker 5: Just like with every other president there.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: That's not true to only do that. Obama totally did that.
Speaker 1: Well, he fault, but he was but he was right, of course, but amy he was right.
Speaker 2: Obama inherited one of the worst economies that the United States has ever had. Inherited Trump ind a good economy. Unemployment was ridiculously low. Now, inflation was high, but it had already flattened out.
Speaker 1: But it was already baked in. That's the problem. That's the problem is just you know, own it and say it's going to be Ronald Reagan and say, hey, things are very tough. It's going to be worse before it gets better. That's all and Neil's right.
Speaker 5: I agree with you on that.
Speaker 6: I think that they should the day they take office they take responsibility.
Speaker 5: None of them do it.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: But when you inherit a good economy and during your h during your tenure, and the economy goes down, you can't go back and blame it. That you can't do when things are bad and you've if you inherited something like that. And Trump did not inherit the worst economy in the history of the United States, as he said, worse than the depression, worse than the recession. It was the worst economy in US history.
Speaker 1: And so that's what he inherit, which is just not true.
Speaker 4: Just not trying new things, just you know, being a disruptor. I will back up experimenting. I'm all good for that.
Speaker 1: I have no problem.
Speaker 4: You gotta be able to come out and say, hey, listen, this stuff.
Speaker 3: Some of it's gonna stick, some of it's not.
Speaker 1: I couldn't. I couldn't agree more. FDR did exactly that.
Speaker 2: He changed everything. But FDR did inherit the depression. He did, oh absolutely. And there's the difference. There is the difference. Prices are half of what they were. That's not true. Inflation has disappeared, that's not true. That's simply not true. So you know, we'll we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: The worst thing every time I go to Ann and I'm like, handle is being an ass, She's like, sorry, that's Michelle's.
Speaker 3: That's Michelle's. That was during her term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, problem right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I I don't have a problem with Trump saying we have to shake things up. I have no problem with that because he's right, terriff situation is totally unfair of the United States.
Speaker 1: But do you do it with a do you do it.
Speaker 2: With a tractor and mow down everything in front of you?
Speaker 1: That is the problem.
Speaker 4: I will want him to back it up with you know what, I'm trying different things, and this is gonna hurt, And yeah, how many but the stock market's emotional period, of.
Speaker 1: Course it is, But how many Let me ask you something, how many hundreds of thousands of businesses are going to go out of business because of this? That's more than just it's going to get We have to live through it. That's one.
Speaker 2: And because they you can't manufacture anything, you can't buy anything made in China, anymore, prices are going to explode. Here explode and we're being told, oh, no, prices will go down. Wait a minute, prices going up means prices are going down. That is the problem. And I'm seeing that is it? Fundamentally? I think Trump it is right in many ways. Now, the DEI stuff and all that, I think he's crazy. And with the borders, I think he's nuts because he's making it so important. I mean, how many people have lost their job because of illegal aliens coming in?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: And then you have you know, illegal aliens killing someone and if we had a good border, no one would have died.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, you've got thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: Deaths every year because of gun violence, and how many of those are illegal aliens who carry those guns.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're going to go on and continue on.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So a story came out in the Wall Street Journal saying that Tesla, with all the craziness that is going on there, that the stock is seeing, you know all these that About a month ago they said that the Elon with Elon Musk being at the White House and everything, they were looking for a new CEO.
Speaker 3: While you had the.
Speaker 4: Current chair, Robin Denholm coming out and signed a post on x Tesla's account there saying this is absolutely false, claiming that this was communicated to the media before the report was even published. Of course, now Elon Musk is tearing them apart. Hard to tell what's what. You've got one eye, you know, So it's something we're gonna have to wait and see how it plays out.
Speaker 5: Amy surprised this doesn't happen more often.
Speaker 6: A fan has fallen from the stands onto the field at the Pirates game they were hosting the Cubs, and the fan fell about twenty one feet from the right field bleachers onto the field. He was taken to the hospital play stop for about ten minutes, players visibly shaken, and yeah, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these people bend over, But what was he going?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 1: A foul ball and we don't know or a home run.
Speaker 6: The fan fell over the railing as Andrew McCutcheon's hit in the seventh inning bounced through the left side of the Cubs infield, then was deflected into shallow.
Speaker 1: Right so he reached for it. I guess.
Speaker 6: It was the right field stands. I didn't I saw the aftermath of it. So I didn't see it, but maybe he was but fell twenty one feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's on grass, so he was on the track. Yeah, Hattie fall Well was on the track, So it wasn't on the grass.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a track around them, Okay, back side of the field.
Speaker 1: So we don't we don't beat the bottom lines. We don't know how injured the fan is. But he's still alive.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was still tell you the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about someone who is not still alive.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I.
Speaker 4: See your crazy fall story, and I raise you a crazy fall story. John Elway's former agent, has died several days after falling from a golf cart driven by the Hall of Fame quarterback and Lakina. This is according to local TV news station and the Riverside County Corners Office.
Speaker 3: This all has to do.
Speaker 4: This incident occurred the Saturday and he was He and Elway were leaving an after party for Stage Coach. Of course, Stage Coach is what comes in after Coachella, a big country concert festival, popular festival that goes on there at Empire Polo Club. So Elway was reportedly at the wheel of the golf cart, but added there was no indication that he was driving negligation.
Speaker 3: Negligently, it's just.
Speaker 1: A horrible accent perb.
Speaker 2: Someone falls off and hits his head and dives. I mean, it happens. I'm assuming all the time. But it's just that the personalities here are so public that that's what happened.
Speaker 5: So Apple did something rotten.
Speaker 6: It violated a US court order requiring the iPhone maker to allow more competition for its app downloads and payment method methods. Of course, makes a lot of money in the app store. A judge said Apple's continued efforts to interfere with competition will not be tolerated. She said, this is an injunction, not a negotiation. There are no do overs. Epic accused Apple. Epic is the who is Epic?
Speaker 5: Right? Whatever?
Speaker 6: Apple was accused of stifling competition for Apple download or app downloads and then overcharging commissions for in app purchases.
Speaker 2: How unusual, you know, big tech accused of doing something wrong.
Speaker 3: Epic is a games company.
Speaker 5: E here we go.
Speaker 4: Ford CEO Jim Farley announced Wednesday on CNN that the automaker is extending that employee pricing. We heard a lot about offered to car buyers for another month. They're going to go through July four. Everybody salute to encourage sales to consumers that are obviously nervous about raising prices, the tariffs and all of that. But Farley also made a statement saying, hey, Ford, prices.
Speaker 3: You know could go up after that. We don't know there, Yeah, no one know an eye on the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, what is employee pricing when there are no employees anymore?
Speaker 1: And I don't know the answer to that. I'm sorry, Amy.
Speaker 6: The toxic algae bloom is too much for some of the lifeguards to handle.
Speaker 5: Spencer Parker's a lifeguard.
Speaker 6: He said he's never seen so many dolphins strandings in his more than twenty years as an LA County lifeguard. Since he started in two thousand and two. He said he's seen two, but then in just the last two weeks there have been Ford. Of course, the dolphins and sea lions and whales are being infected by this toxic algae bloom and it's becoming toxic neurologically to them, like sea lions are attacking people and then they they they can't treat them and they end up dying, and it's really traumatic for the lifeguards to see all these animals washing.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know, is this climate change that's causing this particular level of algae bloom.
Speaker 1: We haven't heard, but I'm willing. I'm willing to guess that it is that has something.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the statement that was made.
Speaker 2: Oh was it that it was climate change that caused the algae boom bloom?
Speaker 5: No, the algae blooms happen very right to this level. Yeah, it's pretty severe.
Speaker 2: Okay blooms or yes, we are done. KFI A M sixty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app