Speaker 1: Old venture, adventure, intrigue, mystery romance starring Humphrey ball Guard and Lauren becall together in the folk resetting of Tropical Havanna and the Mysterious Islands of the Caribbeans.
Speaker 2: Venture once again, the magic names of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren.
Speaker 1: Bacall bring you, oh venture and the tale.
Speaker 3: Of Mystery and Intrigue. Oh Joy, Oh joy? Who I thought they've been doing all afternoons? Selah cut it out? Well, the stop sniffing?
Speaker 4: What else is there to do on the Isle of Pines with sniff like the camp of balls dear Aunt Emma used to keep in her hope chests. Hey, you know what happened once, White Emma.
Speaker 5: She was putting in her rocking chair love seat with her boyfriend and justph ah, like Sailor's sniff waiting gets you, huh, wondering what Rhoder's doing now, still carrying a little torch for the girl.
Speaker 3: I stop eating your heart out, baby Rode as the girl I once knew, wrote as the girl that was once beautiful, and she's still beautiful? Do you think so? Huh?
Speaker 4: Watching her on our boat this morning, I thought so? In a pail sort of way.
Speaker 3: She looks like she's where her eyes burned, the whiteness of her skin, the slow way she moves, and another thing you'll hurt to yourself when she hides the bow venture to bring her hair to the guile of Pines. She said it was her last plan. What did you mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know, lady, she write about her?
Speaker 3: Look at her, said, he rode her, and I knew her she would dance up to meet you. She looks like she hardly has the strength to walk.
Speaker 5: I rode her.
Speaker 4: Do you have a good day? Yes, yes, and all of it. Suddenly I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can hardly walk.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 4: It helped me on to the boot lee.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll carry her. Ah, that does it? Go on? Ella, Let's get back to a banner, I sir, rode her. Yes, yeah, lie down here, you said her day on the Isle of Pines. It was your last fling. What'd you mean?
Speaker 4: M M, I'm going to dine sleep?
Speaker 6: Didn't you know I'm going to die.
Speaker 5: I'm going to die. I'm staying to die, doctor hesitation, and you'll be up.
Speaker 4: Why you're slate shaman with rud and with me, missus Gonzales, So I hear happy greeting, my charming. It's been a long time plate since you've come to Rhodes's mother to ask permission to be with Rhoda. I've missed you.
Speaker 3: The sickness is Gonzales real sick.
Speaker 5: You better get to whole hospital, Missus Gonzales right away.
Speaker 4: I'll take care of her.
Speaker 3: Just leave her alone with me.
Speaker 4: She's had these selves before. I know just what to do. All Road in, my poor darling.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. We'll come back to see how Road is making out of it.
Speaker 4: So you're always more than welcome place if you'll come.
Speaker 8: Out of this.
Speaker 4: I thank you for bringing my child down to me. You tried to get away from me, and it didn't work. Your your flame was so concerned for you, you brought you right back to your dear mother.
Speaker 6: I just want to lie down somewhere where I'll never see your face, never hear your phone.
Speaker 4: Yell, J dying daughter, mine dying? Yell? Does your father died the same the racing way that sudden ugly tempted.
Speaker 5: And I want I die you, won't you? Mother?
Speaker 4: Now think about it? And Rooda Rhoder, you talked to Slaton that girl? What did you talk about but why but you your father, you shouldn't have roder you want them to join your dying. I'll think about that too. I'm so glad you too came back to wanting to see Rhoda.
Speaker 5: She's out here on the patio, Uh.
Speaker 4: Rhoda, Rhoda, dear the slate and missus Isla here you're looking well this morning.
Speaker 3: All of the men say that she's asleep. That's what looks like.
Speaker 4: That, missus.
Speaker 3: Father are they're gonna do a doctor?
Speaker 8: She won't letther.
Speaker 3: I know it's not a lot of my business. But a long time ago, when your first husband was living, wrote his father, doctor Burkey. Remember when doctor Burke looked the same way when he died. You know what my daughter says of me, don't you?
Speaker 4: She says I killed her father.
Speaker 5: She reviled me from marrying you again, exclaim her doctor.
Speaker 4: He said, I'm a murderers you are, mother, Roda? Did you think I was sleepy? I was my father's name. Awaken me.
Speaker 5: I was dread of him.
Speaker 4: She did kill him late.
Speaker 5: I could do my word the way she's killing me.
Speaker 3: Why don't you too just leave? What do you mind if I talk to your.
Speaker 4: My new husband is he's a dentist too, you know that's my first one.
Speaker 3: That's just dandy for the Daniel profession. Oh, I want to talk.
Speaker 4: To him if it makes you happy.
Speaker 3: And doctor Gonala, where's his office?
Speaker 5: That room over there is Rhoda's bedroom, my father's bedroom.
Speaker 4: Yes, doctor Burke's old bedroom. Rhoda took it when he died.
Speaker 3: The office is right next to it, heyl. I keep your eye on Rhoda. I'll see you later.
Speaker 7: If I were not so disturbed, we probably the tragedy. Signor Shannon, perhaps I could speak with you and paid it proper attention. On the other hand, if you wish to discuss you by custy.
Speaker 3: Held my bicash was out of a doctor, hesaid, you had your personal tragedy like what, for instance, uh the death of the tooth gold from me two days ago.
Speaker 7: Many carrots for a dentist.
Speaker 3: Pieces tragedy and likes to make her cry too. But about Rotter, even now there is insight him my office.
Speaker 7: He detective, sticking his nose into my dreels, my instrument cabinet, swiveling up and down in my beautiful chair in such a way he must look for cruise, he says.
Speaker 3: I think guy Paper will put my eye on him. He might let the man have another swaddle. You're talking to me about Rod the rudder. Uh see pop received the poor one. She's dying. Why you watch a lovely girl, the girl who is not of you her stepfather, but of her mother and the first husband. You watch her and you know she dies. Who can explain this? Why? When I heard Rod her before, she was strolling off over the life. It is hard for a man to keep up you. So in your office, your doctor, I give it back to you.
Speaker 4: You'll find the sea.
Speaker 3: You will be back to me, my gold.
Speaker 1: My patients are walking with plastic.
Speaker 3: You'll empty too gently till I find your Ah. Then you're Shannon. Do we not know each other? Yeah? Yeah, Marchael. Last time we met you were making chalk marks on my tires. But nah, I'm a detective and I searched for dentist goals. I come up any world that's free. Please don't be me sing you spleepy, but my good patience and your lack of patience, Uh, Senior Shannon, and I whisper a word? Would you be sure I haven't whispered that all day. I'll hear in the hallways in your you want to task me for gold marker and the conqueror singion, I give you gold. We've you're gonna tell me to get out of here too on the busn't then you're because you look like a picture of help. Stay that way, especially keep away from mules it. You know she's gonna ram exact well huh but me, he is noted. I give you gorles I meet though you did not help the moderate to it. He bes your life, he dis your debt. I uh, oh, yeah, well it is when I.
Speaker 5: Walk on the beach at night, I don't like to hurry say yeah what. That's because he used to know road he let's be close.
Speaker 3: Because every time I go to help her, I get slapped in the mouth with the butt. Well you want me to do? Pick my head and the sand, make out like nothing's happening.
Speaker 4: Just climb your seat and the sand. Stay that's right, Stay there. I wanta talked to you about what about nothing? You don't likes to talk about nothing. Sometimes she likes to take advantage. She finds herself in a situation like this, food and beech doom, the land she sort of like.
Speaker 3: You wanna know something hidden? All right at the moment, I can do without. Hey, way, hippopact. You are right.
Speaker 4: You ain't stand us? All right, I'm alright.
Speaker 3: I just say where you are, don't move. I just lie there.
Speaker 4: I say that. What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stand up. I wanna see if I'm as attractive as I was the gun fire.
Speaker 4: It's a lot attractive. Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, A shot at us? Think she got us? He give me a hand out, help you out?
Speaker 5: Did you say it was in my mind?
Speaker 3: In my mind, I got a pretty good look at him?
Speaker 4: Makes you think it was mark us? Nice?
Speaker 3: Heave me? Not of a wisdom one. So guy like Marco has to prove his point. Come one, the guy at the headquarters an apartment twelve. He said, this is an apartment twelve. See here's one and two side by side.
Speaker 4: That makes shut up, comedian.
Speaker 3: Don't you hear that?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: I didn't do it.
Speaker 6: I wasn't in the room.
Speaker 1: I didn't kill him.
Speaker 3: Mancrel Marco, what does it? He's dead? Bullet toys, throat open, something in his hands, out a clump of gold well that's a way to die, huh, sayla bullet near throat full of gold.
Speaker 2: Now back to bol venture, our stars Comprivlegard and Lauren McCall.
Speaker 1: And the second act of our story.
Speaker 3: Hey, you will.
Speaker 8: Formit me this cool glass of mineral water. The hot breath of both of you has been fanning my face so long. That keep your ears open while you set out, so we'll get through your brain that wrote I couldn't have killed Marco? Why have I incarcerated her? Why have I had her cost whom in prisoned?
Speaker 3: Demons?
Speaker 8: You say to me that Senorita Roda could not kill, but you yourselves find her standing over my freshly murdered detective with sut your bird in my hand. Why should I go beating up bushes?
Speaker 3: He whever you want to do? That a cell? The way I hear it, your attacked Marco was quite a boy for hiding behind hedges, behind sand dunes too. You are saying that Marco was on savory. Marco was found dead with his gun and his holster, wasn't he as all good policemen should die with holsters on any pullet's messing out of that gun. See as a matter of fact see prey bullets meeting. However, that Marco was one for target practice.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he didn't practice more often.
Speaker 3: He missed me as usual, Senor Snon, you will have to translate for me. He means, the next time he goes sand craving that point of air, he looked for three empty shells. If a Marco's gun he shot at us, I'll answer your question. Yeah, Marco was unsavory.
Speaker 4: Not only that, he was distasteful when he was a clap and classic to tell. Did you ever have a mirrored you from the seat of a three wheeler?
Speaker 3: Anyhow, you better get a skiller lassalle or your course might come down with an epidemic of that stuff. I have his murderer, the girl Roda. She can give me no reason for being with Mark. I'll find a reason. I don't forget. Rhoda is dying, she's being killed. She has wet my shoulder with tears of this story. Also, Signor Channon, how her mother attempts to kill her. Our mother killed her father, the dentist doctor Burke.
Speaker 4: Oh, maybe her mother did. We've seen her talk to him.
Speaker 8: And on this you base such violent accusation. You should blush no, Senorita the vaal the painless. Then as doctor Birth died of lupinia. A medical examiner established it too because we also were curious of the manner of his death, and that leaves Rhoda.
Speaker 3: We have her future plan for her in my prison. Why do you disturb ah, Senora Gonzales, please to come in k you.
Speaker 8: You know Channon and the Senorita go Wal. They wish also to convince me that your brother did not kill I know them.
Speaker 4: And I'm grateful to them as single as all. My lawyer got me a red ordering you to release Rhodens.
Speaker 3: She should be at home for her meet me to observe this threat.
Speaker 4: Grass m hmm.
Speaker 3: It is an order the girl released to you. But I questioned, Senora, do not let us sleep from your motherly fingers.
Speaker 4: They wait on the isle of lime or girls so young? Who you to the climb?
Speaker 1: The girl who died for they last thing before death, her long.
Speaker 4: Do things and every bird this day she goes.
Speaker 1: That's allow might be all on her fools, Oh father the.
Speaker 4: First then detective mind up the shooting bullet drum dunes of times you're poking.
Speaker 3: My wish worked through and my wish is for you to leave it alone.
Speaker 4: Claire, big time operator. You got hold of a low price grief and you can't let it go. Huh. You have to stick around and be shot at one of these days. You're not going to recover from her.
Speaker 3: And there must be other places in the vanna you could spoil so they don't. Why don't you go spoil one?
Speaker 4: The road is dying. Let's conceive the point. And her father's dead and Marco's dead. Let's bunch them all together and make a bouquet out of them slates you wanna wake, Let's have a big one while we're at it.
Speaker 3: I never busted you one before. Now seems a good time do it.
Speaker 4: Maybe it'll bring you to Maybe it'll make you remember the kind of man you really are.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know about that, you tell.
Speaker 4: Me, kind of man who can take gold out of a dead man's hand and not tell the police about it.
Speaker 5: Kind of man who tears a girl apart.
Speaker 4: Go on busting one slate? I deserve it.
Speaker 3: Come here, osa.
Speaker 5: You going to hit me?
Speaker 3: I want to whisper to you why I kept the gold so I can try it back to dentist Gonzales for a few answers. You want to come along, let me compliment you send your signority.
Speaker 1: Where did you find my goals?
Speaker 4: You're not trying to believe this semior dentist, but it was wrapped inside a dead man's hands.
Speaker 2: What do you see?
Speaker 3: He attention when Sarah talks to him. A dead man had it a man named Marco? What's happening around here that a man named Marco takes a few shots at me and diet for Oh, you are making of these business a petty kit something that it is not? You are you play.
Speaker 4: Attention to slight too? He said, Marco? And you didn't do a.
Speaker 5: Thing I didn't see.
Speaker 1: I raised an eyebrow, whether slightly I raised the signory.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. And one more thing, my dad is friend that middlevid were my wife?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You are confusing between the conversation.
Speaker 4: What was my wife to do with it? Maybe you ought to ask her. I take a little time off some scrubbing benches and.
Speaker 5: Ask her how well she knew Marco? Would you do that, slave?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would.
Speaker 3: I crossed my arms over my chest and jet out my jaw and say now that what's going on? What is it? With you and Marco. You see he say, well, look, man's eyebrows just did it again? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I think you gave the man something to worry about.
Speaker 3: Slave, I took a man's murder to convince you didn't it. She convinced me to do what But I was right all the time that I had a reason to be bothered about Rhoda. But there's something wrong in this house, something evil, something, Come on, say it? Yeah, yeah, he's dead, all right? What happens to.
Speaker 4: Lloa? And did everything dies that.
Speaker 3: You cut it off? That's better? Now tell me what happened.
Speaker 4: I was in my room. I heard the shutter.
Speaker 5: I can't hear was a longer.
Speaker 4: Daughter's mad?
Speaker 3: And if she killed he didn't kill him? The powder burns, the attitude of his body, the gun in his hands.
Speaker 5: She kills me. You you you killed him?
Speaker 3: Mother?
Speaker 4: When am I going to die.
Speaker 3: Your side?
Speaker 4: Thanks all the town on this.
Speaker 8: I would bet my bottom facil doctor Becausals killed himself because they could not stand anything that you bothered him with the thought of his wife and another man.
Speaker 4: Like you said, Slave, just inklinged him.
Speaker 5: The sow even suggested that murder Marker was seeing each other, it's when does the man put a bullet in his brain to something as flensy as that?
Speaker 4: Since when you.
Speaker 8: Do not understand Cuban gentleman Senorita. If someone told me that night Senora was making flutters with a cover of yellow the opposite six, I would.
Speaker 3: I lazy personal life out of this. For soal you still think doctor Gonzales was a sure sign hunter, or especially so I have suspent it on the file. Get out your race of a sow. Our file is going to be changed to murder.
Speaker 4: Two o'clock in the morning. Slate are we hanging a on the Gonzales home?
Speaker 3: It goes like this, go on to premise that melded his first husband, doctor Burke was murdered.
Speaker 4: Going any promise you want me to slate?
Speaker 3: Okay? Doctor Burke mented because Mildred wanted him out of the way so she could marry Againstzalees.
Speaker 4: So she married him.
Speaker 3: So and then as Marco also.
Speaker 4: Made also mighty do you know why black man huh?
Speaker 3: Marco was collecting these as Marco was bleating NodD because he knew she killed Rhoder's father. Oh and look I saw we were getting too close.
Speaker 4: He shot at us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll tell her some more. I figure after a while murdered, ran out of money. M that's at well, so what's happened to us? She tried to find Marco would gold a couple of hundred bucks worth. She looked at Ventis Gonzales. Marco smeared at it. Meldred killed him. Gonzalez suspected she killed him too a promise.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 3: So what was Walder doing with Marco? Marko was seeing her mother Rod wanted to find out why she found him dead m and got blamed for the murder.
Speaker 5: Why doesn't Rder let her go at that?
Speaker 3: Because maybe one 'em by somebody would believe brought her. But Meldred killed doctor Burke I had.
Speaker 5: To break the news to his slave. But it's a lousy theory. Not the brick bride of LEUKEYA the South told us what's out sea?
Speaker 3: Sat a look the light that went on and Gonzale's office come on, Yeah, here's this French window and you see through the kittens? Do I get in there? Yeah? Yeah, of course she's doing.
Speaker 4: She must go off her workers night.
Speaker 3: What did she do on that X ray machine? X?
Speaker 4: Well? All the rose Let's.
Speaker 3: Say there was the least man. How to poison somebody without leaving a trace. If I was done contender, this X ranging will cause lookemia. What Yeah, you're watching them out, they're being committed. I still don't get him X rays, So go through eight feet of concrete road. Is sleeping on the other side of that wall in the same room or father slept? Watch off with the flying glass ellery. Oh what's the means to get making it one side?
Speaker 4: Honey?
Speaker 1: I get away from my machine and cream here.
Speaker 3: Ah, it looks better lying on the floor like that.
Speaker 4: What that machine caught side?
Speaker 3: Machine was killing?
Speaker 4: Oh you're both crazy. Kill him?
Speaker 3: What you say some pimise, I said, I doctor Burke died of looking all right? And this is what did he do him? And this is what's doing at the roder?
Speaker 5: What color you killed?
Speaker 4: Gunjallas with a gun? There whel a.
Speaker 5: Wrap of mood.
Speaker 4: I'll kill you, I'll kill you.
Speaker 5: I will get you right that you can da luda kills him?
Speaker 4: Kill him?
Speaker 6: Tell them what what they already know that you murdered my father and my stepfather.
Speaker 4: Mock on me.
Speaker 3: Tell them that the order sailor call a child and go home. I'll meet you there. Oh joy, Joy, Joy, you're doing it again, Saylor, What.
Speaker 4: Can bring me back to the Isle of Pines for? You know, there's nothing else to do here but sniff.
Speaker 5: I'm not sniffing, And then you're not having any fun.
Speaker 3: We come to one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and you stay fun is sniffing pine needles? Oh, sailor, you need therapy. You need to bring some Yeah, come here.
Speaker 4: Like that lost therpy.
Speaker 5: Please all right, more sarapy doctor. I'll be a raising idiot in no time at all.
Speaker 2: And so our two stars, Humpayball Guard and Lauren Bacall have brought to a close our latest old venture story.
Speaker 1: Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time or another exciting adventure. Sorry, I'm stable. Guards and Lauren the Call together in O Venture