Speaker 1: I O Fantasy Podcast Network presents in a world a football podcast that sounds like this.
Speaker 2: Welcome into our podcast on suck Talk Radio and talk like this. Don't go off the wedding earth work.
Speaker 1: Because they're not so much.
Speaker 2: Spot must not overreact.
Speaker 1: Here the in This League Fantasy Football podcast featuring bug Oh, he's.
Speaker 3: On tilt, he's full tilt. He has no idea where he's going. I think I'd rather get my.
Speaker 2: Pants and talk and the weld. I think that you know, they would have like a like what they did to their real dollar.
Speaker 1: Playing on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, in tune in, never like larped.
Speaker 3: Or anything like that.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is a lark coming to your ears? Now?
Speaker 2: What's up? Friendles? Are Welcome into the end of This League Fantasy Football Podcast. I am Chris Welsh. That is Scott Bogman, and today on the episode, we are going through our running back ranks Part one. This is going to be the higher end RB ones and twos that we're going to be talking about, where we have an aggregate itl rank, So just between Bogman and I rank that's going to dictate the order we go in where we individually rank them we'll also be comparing them against ECR some of the projection systems out there. We're going to kind of just do the full gambit talking about who some of our favorite players are, what our strategy is going full dedicated to running backs. That is it? So probably about top twenty four again, RB ones and twos for this episode. The next episode will be the Flex Slash Deeper running Back Conversation as we do the RB week this week. If you guys want to support and check out the ranks, go to end this League dot com. You can sign up today, support your boys and get the ranks. My ranks as you are listening to this should actually be posted and active on ITL. You can also check out Bogman who's got redraft. He's got super flex Idpan.
Speaker 3: Coming today as you're listening to this also.
Speaker 2: Okay, so perfect, So yeah, it's a great time to listen. In the beginning of the month. You're going to get access to both of these different rank sheets that you can check out. Plus you get access to our community if you sign up as an LT year above. People are talking football, talking strategy, setting up leagues. Whether you're looking for a league or you're looking to fill for leagues. That's another way to do it, and you have access to us. There's other stuff, but you are directly supporting us in this league dot com, in this league dot Com that I mentioned in this league dot one more time? Where was it in this league dot com? You very much, sir. Running backs. Oh, I love the running back resurgence that happens, and we go through these little ebbs and flows. At the end of the day, wide receivers are always just the safe, chalky bet. More and more people are worried about that high end running back stuff. There's fun stuff you can have at the uh you know, later port portions of draft, and there's gonna be some guys that are going to be hitting. But I don't know, man, we were a couple of years removed where a couple of years removed from like remember that hardcore run of zero RB strategy, don't take them. I mean, I remember the old Fantasy pros days of like three years ago, where you and I would get laughed out the room about even thinking about drafting running backs in the first two or three rounds. And now you not only got running backs being like the top two picks in a lot of instances. I'm getting, like, you know, tweets and stuff about people wanting to trade out of the top end because they're worried about what RBS look like on the second round. So it's a really it's always critical. Every position is critical, but there's there's a lot more of a hyper focus on rbs still, the people out there that are you know, doing zero rbs and stuff like that, but there's just new versions of them. There's like that pseudo hero one where it's one high and one really low, and there's just a lot of different ways to look at it.
Speaker 3: This year, there's some weird thing with running backs. I feel like every single year, and it depends on how many got hurt the year before. Last year, not many got hurt that way at the top. You know, Saquon was disappointing last.
Speaker 2: Year, Butler missed a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: I don't think, No, Taylor didn't miss any time. Hampton missed time. Hampton was he played nine games last year, but everybody else like that's in our top fifteen here seventeen seventeen, seventeen, seventeen, sixteen for eight Chan, sixteen for Barkley, nine for Hampton, seventeen for Hampton, it was really just about disappointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually about disappointment, Jent Barkley, there was a guys didn't get hurt, so now people are more willing to take them early.
Speaker 3: If we would have had Saquon get hurt, Hampton get hurt, and CMC went down, I think we would be speaking a different tune this year. But I feel like running back is a little bit deeper this season than it has been in past seasons also, which is kind of funny that everybody is zigging towards RB and I'm kind of feeling this year like well, I kind of like some of the wide receivers in the first round this year.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk about strategy here for a minute. I do want not that we do tons of like news and notes like crazy or anything like that, but like things get worse for the forty nine ers right now. Can I just point that out Ricky Pierre Saw. I think that's the biggest piece that's out there. Ricky Pearsaw is out for the season. You also, by the way, had Stribbling who got injured. Mike Evans has a hamstring issue. The healthiest wide receivers, Deebo, Samuel Bogs, and then you got Christian McCaffrey. Still just you know, sucking on the life force of every player around, just generating their life through the substation in and the Scarlet Witch meme that I put out.
Speaker 3: For everybody go to Germany to get what he had done. Everybody should go there. Whatever it did, it worked, and it keeps you impervious from electrical substations. Apparently as well for all the Tinfoil Hack conspiracy theorists in the crowd listening today don't feel so ten foilly though when like find me and does they jump up and it's like they're zapped and they're all hurt. I mean, it's also a forty nine er thing of like there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Mike Kevin close to our age. So yeah, I playing perk like Pier Saul. The peer Saul one was brutal too. Also kind of a doctor thing. I don't know if you saw that stuff where it was like there was a team doctor that had thrown out like he doesn't need to do the surgery, and like what a dumbass that I went an idiot? That guy is go be fired because had they done the surgery right away, like you might not be looking at it, and I mean you still might.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing going on with Dalton kincaid Man. He's had the PCL injury for the last like two and a half seasons and he didn't have surgery again, which is why I'm avoiding that dude, like the plague. So you've seen it in other places as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: The the advice, the substation, the elderness of your offense right now, not a surprise. Even your coach is hurt. My god, everybody's hurt.
Speaker 2: You know, a really interest. I'm not gonna do this, but like I was talking with they wanted to do a segment on this at some point. But me Ericson and Debro were talking after a show we just did. We actually just did a hot takes episode and we didn't have hot wings or anything. It was just normal hot ta.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm on the hot wings one of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well that was last year. I think they just killed that in general. So unless you saw it in the.
Speaker 3: Schedule, no, no, of course.
Speaker 2: And Erickson was kind of like he wanted to get my opinion on what I thought about. There are there was like a narrative out there that Kyle Shanahan like what if he can't lead and he had the concussions and how serious concussions are and he can't be out there. I threw a narrative to them that they didn't realize. If this is so serious, he's not going to travel to Australia for that week one. You're not going to go through twenty hours of flights. If you're dealing with that type of stuff, you'd stay back. But it was like, what do you believe? Is there a concern if Kyle Shanahan does can't actually like run the offense. I think it's overblown, but like does that affect what the forty nine ers do in their creative play calling in game and stuff like that? And should that downgrade anybody? I thought that was that was a little bit like.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's a decent question. But I think that Kyle Shanahan's to psychopath that he'll be out there in Stephen Hawkins chair coaching, right Like I think that he won't. I don't think he'll be stopped, so, I you know, I think he'll be out there in a wheelchair coaching.
Speaker 2: So but I don't think. I don't think that's the question. It's I don't mentally be able to do it, Like even if he couldn't if he was having trouble walking, but like that from a cognitive standpoint of whatever the hell's going on, that he just might not be there and it might be other people doing play calling, and that kind of takes away from, you know, the innovativeness he has in the offense. And I dismissed it being like, I don't know, man, put more on Purdy's hands. He understands the offense, Let him do more of the checkdowns and stuff like that. Like, I just I'm not sure that that's something I care about that much because I understand what he does. But his offense is installed in the.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of familiarity, and the guys that are there typically are veterans. So I'm not worried about the offense for the Niners at all. The defense, No.
Speaker 2: I'm more worried about the Yeah, I'm more worried about the injuries, the lingering injuries for the players that I am the coach.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was I think everybody but Piercell is gonna be Okay, by the time we get to like the first preseason game. Yeah, they said Mike Evans thing was very minor. It was just like a twinge. And at his age, they're like, your tonail hurts, get off the field. Same thing with Kirk. He's older though, yeah you know, you know, yeah, practice, go to NAPA, go somewhere else, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Anywhere else. Just go to on fire. I think a charity box like get away from all the rays that are getting in there. Just but that should it should have a domed charity box like like of Spring or whatever. We call it, like a camp stadium that they should be playing and put that money in taxi.
Speaker 3: Wait till the solar flare gets all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I'll tell you the other piece of news again, this is these are wide receiver things in an RB episode. But I just want to get your take on Milik Neighbors. The resurgence of Milak Neighbors is pretty fascinating. He has been out there kind of the opposite of the forty nine ers. He's cutting, he's juking, he's driving. He looks like the Milik Neighbors that we've known, and he looks great and I saw our boy d pak Chona had put a video out that you know, his staff or him or you know his team believe that the trend is that Milik Neighbors is going to be a full go in week one and he had a really interesting thing. I want to get your take on this, Like we I think we did a show last week where we talked about this a little bit, but or we did something I don't remember where it was. I know we talked about this as a recent which it was it was on itl okay, but he had said, you know, we talked about him going like thirteen or twelve. He said, right now he would take Milik Neighbors over Rashi Rice and Nico Collins. He's in that range of where he would be taking him.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, I still have him at thirteen. I'm not sure. I just don't want to push. I think having him at thirteen bakes in anything coming off of this as well. You know, if we want to say, you know, are they gonna let him play in the preseason, is he that healthy? Like if if they let him play in the preseason, put him back up to seven, that's where he belongs, right But if they don't do that, they're still cautious with him, and I expect him to play Week one and be not on a pitch count. Right So everything looks good right now. I think you bake in a little bit of that injury stuff with him. So I have him at thirteen. I'm not taking him ahead of Nico. I have him one spot ahead or she Rice. I have or she Rice at fourteen, which again I'm not You know, he also has injury stuff, so I thirteen is the highest I can get him right now. If they put him in a preseason game, I will stick him at seven. But I don't think that's gonna happen. So he's gonna be my first wide receiver two, which means I probably won't be rostering Thelak neighbors anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I might be willing to take that risk, even in the wide receiver two standpoint, because I really like where things you are moving. Last thing before we get to our running backs, football is about to start up. Hall of Fame game is here. It's gonna be a big old pilot garbage game. You've We've got some betting stuff that's coming up here. You know, weout maybe Hans is going to be out there like we're We're just so close to all of the action. I just I got to get your feel like football is about to be played in a couple of days. Is that is your life force about to be recharged?
Speaker 3: I do feel pretty good about it. You know, the Hall of Fame game, that is not my favorite thing in the world, but whatever, who cares, it's football, Give it to me.
Speaker 2: Are we going to see Week zero?
Speaker 3: Is maybe a little because it's.
Speaker 2: Cardinals Panthers, Like, could we see I don't think that's I don't.
Speaker 3: Think you're not seeing Jonathan Brooks. I'll tell you why are they still playing the game at this really crappy stadium in Canton? They are playing it at.
Speaker 2: The crappy Canton Stadium, Yes, Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.
Speaker 3: Then you will not see one snap of Jonathan Brooks on this field, not a single one.
Speaker 2: This does feel like the field that would eat him up and spit him out right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's torn so many guys knees. No way they remember. A couple of years ago they canceled the preseason the Hall of Fame game because the field was such garbage so I assume that it's been fixed since then, but I haven't been digging into it. But you will not see one snap.
Speaker 2: John, Give me one player that's going to shine in that game. Give me some player. No one's even Carson Beck. Oh you think Carson Beck. We're gonna have Carson Beck shine after this.
Speaker 3: Word is that Carson Beck has looked good in the two minute drills and stuff. And the guy had he's one of those like you know, Parcels had that branch of you have to have forty starts and blah blah blah. He's one of those guys he has. He hits all those parameters. Yeah, Bill Parcells wanted for a guy to come in. Uh, he's had a lot of starts. He started like two or three seasons at Georgia and he started obviously last year at Miami and they went all the way to the Natty. So a lot of games under his belt, turned the turnovers way down last year. And if they can block for him, I think whatever quarterback comes into Arizona and gets this job. You have Jeremiah Love, you have Marvin Harrison, you have Drey McBride, you have Michael Wilson, You have a really good offensive skill pieces around you. So I'm excited to see Carson back.
Speaker 2: Still gonna lose every game this season, but I'm also excited. So that's what you're going to look for in the Hall of Fame game. All right, let's take a break. When we come back, we are going to go through the ranks top twenty four running backs, what the ITL aggregate is, how that compares against ECR, what the projections are. It's a conversation around ranks, and these are the guys that we're looking at. So don't go anywhere. Running back ranks coming up right after this. I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late.
Speaker 3: I use the side door, and after that I just sort of space.
Speaker 1: Out for about an hour.
Speaker 3: Tell me space out.
Speaker 2: I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real actual work. Would you feel good? Sport and indulge this and just tell us a little more. Let me tell you something about in this league, all right, are running ranks? The ITL ranks are actually opposite of ECR right now. But I think in most spaces it's one A one D situation. Whether it's Jean Robinson or Jamiir Gibbs, you and I, and the ITL rank has Bajon Robinson at one. That is where ECR has him at two. We both obviously have him at one, and Jamier gives it too. I think it's like a super super close spot here. Interestingly enough, we're not as I'll go through some of the projections on some of the places. I want to always be careful about places that have pay walls and stuff. But Bajon comes in as the second running back on Fantasy Pros and Fantasy Points projections, the third on PFF where Jamiir Gibbs is number one across the board, number one across the board. There quick thoughts on this. I'll talk about some projections here, but you know the offense runs through Bjon. I don't think it does. It's the same thing with Jamiir Gibbs. I gotta be honest with you. This is one of those very few situations where like if I were if I were a mad best ball guy, you know that's just like, hey, look I just did my fiftieth draft. I would and I had, like, let's say twenty.
Speaker 3: You diversify those bonds.
Speaker 2: I would diversify because I like both of these guys. I think there's an easy path where Jamiir Gibbs can be number one. I think I've kind of bounced back and forth between these guys. I would play a little bit of a diversification, but frankly, to me, that would be why like, give me the second pick over the first pick, because I'll take either one. I don't personally set Jean Way over Jamiir Gibbs, but I don't know if you feel any of me neither.
Speaker 3: No, no, And I've said this before, it is it is a coin flip as to who, and I don't mind Gibbs being one. I think the Lions are the better offense. I don't think there's, you know, a very hearty argument for that. Maybe TOA makes Atlanta way better initially, right, to A can do that sometimes, but how long is he gonna last until they go back to Michael Pennix? Right? So I think it is pretty even. I just really I think Pacheco is better at this point than Brian Robbins Junior was behind Beijon, So I think maybe they go to p check out a little bit more near the goal line than they do for Bejon. That's my hair splitting if you want to say, look, the Lions offense is going to score more. There's gonna be more opportunities for Gibbs to get in the enzone than there is for Bejon. Also okay with that, but that is a tier to themselves, those two guys, in my.
Speaker 2: Opinion, one thing I do Stara and it does make me think because if you start, if you want to start splitting hairs a little bit. This is kind of lined up on Fantasy Pros and interesting thing you can see from a strength of schedule standpoint. I did this on a show with Ericson and Debro. The Lions are the number one strength of schedule, the best strength of schedule rest of season are into the season. That's one of those reasons why a lot of people kind of like that first to work or last a first type of thing where they were last in the division and they could maybe take down this division with a really really easy schedule. Does that do anything for you because also the Falcons, I'm not looking at the FU I had a couple of charts when I was doing this before, but the Fantasy Pros chart shows a two star, so it's actually a bad strength of schedule for Jon versus the best NFL schedule out there for the Lion. Should that play any role in your mind?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: No, it's funny. I saw a big Reddit thread and it was a bunch of people going over strength to schedule before the season everything. It just has never correlated well with who is going to play better or worse.
Speaker 2: But hey, look at Drake may best strength of schedule last year and he played as like a top three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we didn't know that strength of schedule was so easy going into the season, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, No, I think we didn't. I think that's I think it was a big public thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think we did. Dude. Maybe I could be mistaken.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if it was the number one, but it was definitely in the positive strength of schedule.
Speaker 3: Okay, so one example of it working, and that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean not to discount it.
Speaker 3: It's no quick, that's okay, And and I m'd be wrong about that. But they looked at they somebody went back into the he did like ten years worth of strength of schedule. It has not correlate correlated well the fantasy production. So strength of schedule is something to me. It's more use in college football when you're playing different teams at different levels. In the NFL, that's why they call it any given Sunday, Right, anything can happen. We're surprised every single week by by some team winning. And I mean, look at you know the difference between playing Pittsburgh with TJ. Watt with versus playing without him, the Packers playing with Michael Parsons without him. Right, So a guy go one guy goes down and changes the entire dynamic of a NFL defense. So strength to schedule, to me, is never something that I'm incorporating in my ranking. So I'm just not I don't care. It's going to change throughout the season, So it's not something that I look at that maybe for betting for the overall team that's something, but not for fantasy for a specific player, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Something I wanted to look at. I want to look at PFF projections. I'm going to be light about this, by the way, because I said, like I said, you want to have subscriptions to these, and I don't want to give away all their stuff. But that's the one where Gives is one and Beijon is three on that list and the difference is twenty four more carries for Gibbs. I guess I'm being very specific over one hundred more yards, but this is the big one. Almost four more rushing touchdowns the same amount of receiving touchdowns. Jeon has given more receiving yards, but it's the touchdowns. So the expectation is the offense is going to be a lot more of a powerhouse in Detroit? Yeay or nay? Do you think there could be a discrepancy of touchdowns in favor of Gibbs to Bajon. Again, I'm making this defense to you as someone who you have Beajon at number one. I'm a little bit more on the fence about this one. You have one too, don't you. Yeah, No, I haven't met one, But like I said, I think this is super super super close to me. And that's why I actually had Gibbs at one for a little bit. And I'm really torn on this.
Speaker 3: This is what happened last year, right, Gibbs had thirteen touchdowns rushing, Beijon had seven receiving. It was five for Gibbs and four for Bejon. So you know that is eighteen to eleven, so seven more scores but we know Tyler Algier took a lot of those goal line carries away from Bijon. I don't think that Brian Robinson gets the same Tyler Algier treatment. Maybe he does, Maybe I'm mistaken in that. I just don't think Brian Robinson is the same type of runner that Tyler. Tyler Algeer is a violent runner. He could be the front of I thought he should have been the starter for the Cardinals right when he signed there. So I just don't. I don't see Brian Robinson as that type of guy. So I think Bjon will score more this year, which is part of the reason why I have him.
Speaker 2: One are you are you an? Are you a Bijon or Jeon and Gibbs over any of the wide receivers. What is your strategy to the high end running back at the very top of drafts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do have at the top of my board it's Bjon Gibbs, and then I have Chase at three, I have Bjon Gibbs, Chase Nakua JSN, then I have CMC at six, then another blood of wide receivers before.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just curious if because I think the really discussion point is is are you a Chase before the RBS or if you want to throw a pooka in there, are you the RB's and I have seen I feel like, oh, I'm definitely not gonna say unanimous because there's spots where it's changed, but like it's pretty easy. And how if you count the last ten years, when do you remember two running backs going with picks one and two overall? I maybe five years if you've put that. I don't remember in the last five years, because Chase has been around as well, where you've seen two running backs go one to one and one two?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe, yeah, two, I don't remember. Maybe Saquon went one year he got traded today was a year he signed with the Eagles, But yeah, but I don't remember the guy behind him. So yeah, I think you're right. I think it has been a little bit so. But these are my mind one and two overall as well.
Speaker 2: I wish I need to get pro this is something I'm gonna get prosed to do. I'd love to just click and look at what the board, like the ADP boards look like in twenty twenty four, just like quickly, you know, like historicitp. Sure, yeah, yeah, exactly like more historical ADP. By the way, Fantasy Pros also has real time ADP available, and not that it would change, but I find this interesting. If you know, when you get like granular to the to the decimals one point four for Gibbs, one point eight for Bijon, three point five for Chase, so it's like so definitively those two, then it becomes the next guy up. There is no question to me at number three, because I personally think this guy belongs in the tier with Gibbs and Bejon. I know PFF projections has Jonathan Taylor as the number four or the number three running back, but you and I both have Christian McCaffrey at three. That's the IL one, that's ECR one. The only things that ever differ out of this is Fantasy points and PFF have Christian McCaffrey projected at four. And I really think the thing that I would hold true here is if you look at a per game side, Christian McCaffrey average and half PPR three more points per game than Bajeon or Gibbs, like that is telling. The most Fantasy points scored by a running back was Christian McCaffrey he was almost a thousand thousand guy, had one hundred and two catches for nine hundred yards. He had seventeen touchdowns. The only argument against it, still in my mind, is his injury. Now you could say, like Mike Evans is a good red zone option. You could say maybe their offense is going to be a little bit, you know, worse because of like some of the injuries are going on. I think you could argue their defense sucks, sucks to a level that they might have more offensive opportunities. I just like I can't. I can't work through unless he's injured, which there is a history not last year, how he isn't seen in the top three and it's hard to take him over Gibbs or Bajon or something like that. But like, I think he's easily the third running back unless you are injury scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look I have been in the past with Christian McCaffrey. Last year, I was injury scared about Christian McCaffrey, but he proved me wrong, right, and now we're going. The best thing that CMC could do for us this year would be to have a good year where he stays completely healthy. That's obvious but it was also shut up a little bit of the narrative about the four hundred touches, right, because this is like the line in the sand that everybody draws at the four hundred touches, and because all those guys break down the next year, it's pretty undefeated. So that would be nice.
Speaker 2: But I think just the upside swing.
Speaker 3: Running backs get hurt. That's just the nature of the beast of the game. Except for last year, when a lot of these guys stayed healthy throughout most of the season. Everybody, like we said, except for Marian Hampton, got you know, seventeen or sixteen games in here. Everyone that we have ranked up through fourteen played at least sixteen games last year. So CMC, I understand people worrying about him because I did it last year and he has the four hundred touches and he's a little bit older. But I think if you look at this offense and you look at this defense, I think it's gonna be a lot of Christian McCaffrey. Again. I mean, know, Shanahan every year says we want to give him the ball less. That's why we, you know, go and get Kaylin Black. They brought in Brian Robinson Junior last year and did nothing with him. So it's just gonna be CMC until the wheels completely fall off for him and he has to be at three for me. If you don't like him, I understand that, try to get out of that spot, I guess, so drafting him, I have moved him down. I initially had him third overall. N I have him at six overall, behind all those wide receivers, but I can't get him any lower than six. Six is the lowest I can go.
Speaker 2: I really like that five spot. I think that five spot's kind of cool because it's like, you know, Okay, if it doesn't work out and McCaffrey goes three, you know, I guess if you wanted one of those three running backs, you miss out, but you're gonna get like Chase or Pukakua like his ADP on there.
Speaker 3: I bet it's like eight and a half. I bet it's low because there are times where I just I have seen him go way low in the Super five the day is it five?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fine, I'm go lookinge at the real time by the way, the real time ADP, which has like seven and whatever updates. But it also has the position. Let me let me look one more, let me look at a nothing finish. What you were gonna say.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, just in the super flex mark that we did the other day, it is super flex. But I got him picked nine in the I picked nine overall and I got him in the second round. So what is that? Sixteen seventeen overall? So and that wasn't even like QB's weren't going like crazy, So you just fell and fell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, using we have a sleeper this is what sleeper and RTS Sports, ESPN pp R. Let me look at this one. That was that standard ADP under half PPR which incorporates Yahoo, I don't know, RTS Sports and Sleepercaffrey's fifth overall. So okay, that's what I was about to say. That five spot. I think that's like a pretty good one because you get four or five if you really wanted to lock down it a chance to get one of those, or you get one of the high sixth On ESPN.
Speaker 3: Just looking at ESPN Live Draft trends, it's Gibbs, bijon Hookah at three, then Chase in JSN, then CMC at six.
Speaker 2: So McCaffrey on FP projections was just under eleven hundred yards. She's sixty nine on the attempts way less catches seventy eight for six ninety three, so essentially like thirteen touchdowns. The big thing that is surrounding him, And unfortunately this isn't probably the podcast for it, but he did do the four hundred touch thing. And that's like the mystery magical marker that all jokes aside Tekoon Barkley, everybody uses it against Taquon Barkley that year. You were adamantly against it. I was against it, and it was right because Barkley was not good. That four hundred marker of success is staring McCaffrey in the face. And the typical side of it is guys with four hundred carries do not perform the following year. Just a weird data point. I don't even think there's that many like guys that have beat that. So McCaffrey is going up against that, which I think is kind of a it's kind of like a natural against. But I'm not sure I've seen even the likes of like Ericson and them kind of crap on McCaffrey because I think the difference with some of those guys is McCaffrey's usage in the receiving game is so dominant it creates a floor where even if you take him as the RB three, it's like, unless he gets hurt, really, where's he gonna finish? Where's he where? I mean, what is gonna happen? Regardless of the touches.
Speaker 3: He's I think the risk is baked in at six overall, right, because he averaged how many points last year twenty four and a half points. It's more than everybody by a lot. You know, Bije almost twenty one point eight gives a twenty one point six and eight Channel was twenty point two. Nobody else was over twenty on a per game basis in half PPR last year. So yeah, I mean, he's just it's baked in there. The injury risk at six, to me, it is. But I know some people just avoid him like the plague, and that's fine. I was that guy last year.
Speaker 2: FP is the most aggressive on the projections PFF and Fantasy points a little bit longer. FP is not behind a pay while I don't believe. If you want to check it out or if it is, go get your yourself an account all right, So coming in, I'm gonna actually do four through ten now, just to get the names out of the way and we can talk about some of them. The ITL rank. Coming in at four as Jonathan Taylor. This is where the first devolving is. You've got Jonathan Taylor at four. I've got him at five. The running back five on our board is James Cook, where I have him at four, you have him at five. So we just swapped Jonathan Taylor and James Cook. I'm higher. Coming in at six is Ashton Genty. I've got him at six, You've got him at seven. His ECR is six. By the way. Coming in at number seven is Devon ah Chan, who you have at six, I have at eight. Number eight is Chase Brown. I've got at seven, you've got it eight. And then we share the same rank for this guy. For these two guys Sick one Barkley and A Marion Hampton, we both have at nine and ten. The biggest alteration Saque is ECR seven. We are both at nine, and Devon A. Chan is ec ten, and we are both higher. Regardless of you are the highest highest. You've got eight Chan at six. I'm at ten. So let's actually start there with Devon a Chan. He said on an interview the other day, who wants to get the rushing title? It is a horrifically on paper bad looking offense. Though, if you want to get hyped about the Dolphins, I highly suggest you go and listen to the hot Takes episode that I did with Ericson and Deebro. That'll get you hyped up a little bit. But it's a horrifically bad looking offense. So I guess it's hard to it's easy to picture that he gets a usage. It's hard to picture where they're efficient. But you've got him at six, so you're not screwing around with Devon h and your four spots higher than ECR. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I've watched eight Chan be a lot like you know with ken Walker coming in right, and the situations are different. We'll talk about ken Walker a little bit later, but it was the same deal in college for eight Chan as it was for Walker. This is what impressed me about it. Everybody knew a Chan was getting the ball in the stadium, and he's still almost everybody he played right. We know the ball is going to him, we know the ball is going to Walker and he they still run wild on everybody, which you know it's the hardest to do with the NFL. But it's not like it's not like this is a new thing for him. The Dolphins offense wasn't amazing last year, It wasn't amazing the year before. It was still pretty bad, right, So uh, he has done it with less production around him. There's gonna be a lot of options with him and Malik willis running. I'm kind of excited to see what it looks like now. Is he gonna have eight in the box all the time? Sure? Are there gonna be some duds in there that are gonna make you mad? Yes, but I think most guys have those games. So a Chan to me is still an elite level RB, and I'm gonna draft him as such.
Speaker 2: He is the sixth projected running back on PFF and Fantasy Pro seven at Fantasy points. Let's go look at Fantasy points real quick and see what's going with eight Han. He is projected for around eighteen points per game. They are saying just around twelve hundred yards sixty catches four hundred, so if you do the yards's like sixteen hundred total yards it's like nine touchdowns, and I think that's where it is, is they're really worried about, like where the touchdowns are gonna come from. Though I would argue that the highest equitied player of getting touchdowns is probably a chan. They just must be looking at like opportunities are really low, So that's the hot The lowest of the projections on him overall. ECR again is at ten, and he's just he's kind of a tricky one. Like in full PPR, I think I'm a little bit more excited about him. In half PPR, I really haven't quite come to terms with like like if they feed him the rock regardless, I think he's too explosive. I'm just worried you're gonna have such stunted offensive drives that I just I couldn't put him above Ashton Genty. I couldn't put him above a Chase Brown specifically, like those are guy. I have just a lot more faith in though I think Devon Aitchen might be maybe the most talented though I will tell you shout out to you would love this channel. Maybe you know them. Have you ever heard of film watchers?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like was watching something and you know what it was too. It was actually a video on Chewba Hubbard because the guy had Chewba Hubbard on and they were going and I thought of you, like I could just see you sitting there like talking Chewba Hubbard and he was talking about all these things. But then it was this video on Ashton genty And whenever you like sit in and just like watch tape on stuff, like the hype on Ashton Jenty get you excited, but regardless of the of it, Like the Raiders have kind of a worrisome offense, but I'm if you have more confidence that they are going to move the ball deeper than like the Dolphins are.
Speaker 3: So this is one of those the kid that looks like John Madden a little bit right, but.
Speaker 2: He's like he's like twenty five years old. Like he's super energetic. Yeah, Like it's like a cross between John Madden and Chris Farley. This kid, he's so energetic. Like if you just told me this kid does like film watching, I would be like, I I don't care what he has to say, like just looking at him being totally honest. But then you listen to him and you watch and you're like, just get smart. This is great, this is super entertaining. Like shout out to him. I shout at him out on Fantasy Pros. I very much enjoyed his videos and he's super energetic about it, and I really and like he got me hyped up even more on on a guy like Ashton genty. But Gent I was like a little bit indifferent about because of the inefficient inefficiencies of that offense last year and really just that offensive line. But I think they're in a better position to move the ball. And I think a year into this, a year into him having that veteran presence, I think Gent's ready to have that big breakout. And if we look at projections on him, let's see gent is high is on PFF and his low as on Fantasy pros. So let's see where those differ, just for a second or fantasy points. I think genty is twelve hundred yards with seven touchdowns fifty eight catches, about four hundred yards on PFF. I say that was the high one. I think, so yeah, And the low one it's about a thousand yards, eight touchdowns, fifty catches for him, So it's really like it's like almost fifteen hundred or one hundred and fifty ish rushing yards lower, and it's a touchdown equity. So it's the same thing. Gent and Chen are kind of in the same place where the offenses are a little bit stalled. Maybe you could make a case that a Chan is a bit more explosive and can be involved more in the passing game. But I just prefer Gent over a Chan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too. In the Dolphins, by the way, score No, you prefer a Chan over Gent Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just enthusiastic about both them. They're in the same kind of situation right where. You know, I think we like the quarterback situation, of course, more for the Raiders, even though they're going to start Cousins first, which I think is eyeroll. I think Cousins is washed. But okay, you know, I know Tom Brady has this whole crusade against guys starting right when they get into the NFL and all that, because we don't develop these guys anymore, even though fernandomand does at a bunch of starts the last two years in college and won the national title. But last year was just such a disaster, right, eight men in the box had I think among qualified players. He had the lowest yards before contact ashon genty last season. You know, they have no wide receivers again this year, just like the Dolphins don't. But I've seen this.
Speaker 2: Dude do it.
Speaker 3: You know, even though it was a smaller level in college as well. He's gonna get all the touches because behind him is Mike Washington, the rookie right, and Mike Washington is undeveloped as well. So I just think, I think gent is going to have so many touches this year, and I think a chance is gonna have so many touches and a lot of what fantasy is his volume?
Speaker 2: You have not updated your Fantasy pros ranks. I don't believe.
Speaker 3: No, I'm in the middle of doing it right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, you would, well, I guess the standard there you.
Speaker 3: Would probably don't look at that here. I'll give you no.
Speaker 2: Actually, you are right. You know you haven't met six here at RB six SORR. I was looking at standard and I don't know why it default. It should never default the standard. I've had this conversations forever. But you are in like the top, you know, twelve to fifteen percent of rankers, the highest rankers. One person has genty at three by the way, on ANYCR and then there's.
Speaker 3: That I cannot see that, Like I can't get anybody past CMC, and I definitely can't get them past Jonathan Taylor either, So that is why.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that at all. There are four people who have them at four. You'll love one of them. It's your boy.
Speaker 3: Bred Evans from Beyond brad Evans.
Speaker 2: Bred Evans got him at four, and then there's a group that have him at five, and then the seven eight rankers like dominate kind of the world there, but you are above them. You're in the sixth range with you know, a handful of people, so you're up in like a higher tier group. So you were definitely there. I think the lowest ranker is Rudy Gambill, who as him at twenty, So I'm kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: Is that I feel like that ranking. If we talked to Rudy, I bet it would be more about the Raiders offense than just chent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet it's just he's a projections guy, so I would I would probably say it's like heavy projections, all right. Going back to this here, I mean, anybody else we want to do like heavy breakdowns on I think James Cook is super interesting the potential receiving upside and the touchdown equity. I don't think anything's going to change there Barkley. You know what, we's probably focus on these bottom two because Barkley definitely has the potential to be a really good bounce back option because he is so talented and he's we've seen him be a number one guy before and he was kind of crushed last year and kind of inefficiencies. That offense as a whole was so inefficient. You could argue, what's going to change with aj Brown out? But he seems like there's opportunity there in a bounce back but compared to the guy next to him, So let's do a battle here on what the differences are, and I'll tell you some big differences projections about a Marion Hampton, where you have Hampton at ten and Barkley at nine. ECR has Barkley at seven and Hampton at nine. But Hampton is one of those risers, dude, He's one of those just guys that everybody wants to click and have because it's you know, you talk about all the things about a Chan, Well, okay, what if Hampton is the number one guy McDaniels system, They're going to be checking down the ball. He's going to be the force. Erickson or maybe it was Debro said, imagine Hampton in that couple of year ago. Raheem, yeah, yes, nothing but score score score score score. So Hampton and Barkley are this battle of like the past and the future. The projections are a wild game. But talk to me and give me the battle of Hampton versus Barkley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen, I have a tier right here. My tier goes from four to ten. Right, I go, J T. Cook, h Chan, Gent Brown, Barkley, Hampton, They're all in that tier. And then I move beyond this tier. But I I these guys have upside to be a top five running back, right, no doubt Barkley, We've seen him do it in the past. Uh. You know that there's he he got the offseason rest that he needed after the four hundred touch season and blah blah blah blah blah. So you know Barkley would just be repeating and having a little better luck specifically this season. Hampton. Uh, I mean this whole offense, everybody's so excited for this whole offense. You fix the oh line, you bring in a better play caller here, right, everyone should be way more excited for this offense. But not every piece is going to pop. If I had to pick one, it would be Omary and Hampton. So I'm a little surprised. You said, yea, his CCR is nine, so I like one spot below ECR. But I mean, this is a dude that I could see finishing, finishing as high as four. That's why I have him in this tier. So a three down back. He can do everything. He catch the ball out of the backfield, he can do it all. I don't know if they want him to do it all. You know they've dropped. They brought in Keaton Mitchell, A lot of people like him. I really like camani Videll still right, but look when a Chan was dominating, McDaniel gave the ball repeatedly to a Chan like if that's the best weapon in your tool bag, he's going to get the ball. And right now, the best tool in the tool bag to me is Omarion Hampton for the Chargers offense.
Speaker 2: So so check this out. I'm going to give you two. Let's see how different this is. The PFF projection of Hampton puts him as the nineteenth running back, with the Saquon Barkley projection on Fantasy Pros that has him as the fifth running back. Let's see how big difference. That's fantasy points, by the way, Fantasy points. Sorry, I keep doing that if I wanted to do, if you wanted to do the big and highs of each player, PFF to Fantasy points would be the high and low of Barkley opposite direction, and Hampton would be either Fantasy Pros or whatever, and PFF is the low. So here is the low of Hampton, and the projection has him at nine hundred and thirty rushing yards, six and a half touchdown, little over fifty catches, almost four hundred yards in a touchdown, So it is about fourteen hundred yards, about eight touchdowns and fifty catches. That's OURB nine. It doesn't really feel that off. And frankly, that is about twenty something points away from Barkley on PFF on their projection, which has them at eleven fantasy points. This is the Barkley high. So I did the low of Hampton the high of Barkley thirteen hundred yards on almost three hundred carries, ten touchdowns, forty catches two ninety two and a couple more touchdowns. So it is twelve touchdowns, seventeen hundred yards rough no. Six about sixteen hundred yards and forty catches.
Speaker 3: I know, what are you gonna do? I don't like it.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 3: You're gonna ask me which one is more realistic? Let me do that. Which one is more realistic? Welsh?
Speaker 2: That's a great question, Boggs, because that's what I wanted to ask you. Which one do you buy more? The undertaking of Hampton or the over Barkley?
Speaker 3: Over on Barkley, I would say, And maybe that's too Pollyanna, But like I said, I have both these dudes in a tier from four to ten. So Barkley finishing at five is not you know it, Hampton finishing at nineteen would be crazier. By the way I have these guys ranked. So yeah, give me Barkley at five. I just don't I understand what it is. Right, you see them go and make this move for Keaton Mitchell and Keith Mitchell looks like a perfect fit for McCarthy offense. Right, you see what most Hurt has done. You've seen, you know, sparks of Jalen Wright and what a fast guy in h Han does. I'm telling you Camani Fidell is a more rounded running back than Keithon Mitchell is. So you're gonna use Mitchell in certain scenarios. He's not gonna take that many touches away from Hampton. You're not gonna be able to It would be like giving touches to Brian Robinson when you have Christian McCaffrey. Coaches are not going to do that. They like to keep their jobs. So Hampton is going to have. I think as long as he stays healthy, he's going to have three hundred.
Speaker 1: Times this year.
Speaker 2: All right. The next two this will round out the RB ones. Dereck Henry comes in as the ITL RB eleven and Kyron william Kyron Williams comes in at twelve. We both have Henry at eleven. You've got Williams at twelve, but I have Kyrien at thirteen. The thirteenth running back is my number twelve and Ken Walker, who you are lower on, at fifteen. Brice Hall comes in at fourteen. Our gap is you have him at thirteen. I have him at sixteen, and then Josh Jacobs, I have at fourteen. You have at seventeen. That is number fifteen. So I know those numbers might be confusing. The il ten to fifteen again is I'm sorry? Eleven to fifteen is Henry Williams, Walker, Brice Hall, and Josh Jacobs. I am the lowest on Brice Hall. You are the lowest on Josh Jacobs. Are you still? Is this Josh Jacobs saying still just solely about the concern that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Have suspencional No, he's not getting suspended. I have him a little bit lower.
Speaker 2: All you just hate him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess apparently. So I have him between eleven and eighteen. So what is his ECR? His ECR is uh sixteen, Okay, well I have him within the realm of possibilities finishing his high as eleven, So no left that low on it.
Speaker 2: Let me make this one. You used to be the greatest and biggest supporter of Ken Walker on the planet. You you tattooed him on your right butt cheek. You would scream about not tell people that you were the biggest Kent Walker guy. Then he goes to a Kansas City Chiefs team that should feature him, and now you hate him. He is ECR eleven. You've got him at fifteen, I've got him at twelve. I don't see a space where they are going to screw around with this and he is not going to be the big guy going to make it through the year. Oh yeah, that's that's then that's gonna be a fair point. But check this out. Fantasy points and PFF have been pretty rough. There haven't been a tough fun play. I'm more getting at. There haven't been a ton where they've been in full agreement. As a matter of fact, in the top fifteen running backs we've talked about, there are only three running backs. Four running backs is a complete agreement on the projection rank Jamiir Gibbs, Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, and Ken Walker. And they are higher on Ken Walker than ECR. So we'll just scoot over to you. Tell me points or PFF which one you want to look at? PFF, Okay, PFF. Walkerz around eleven and fifty yards rushing. So if I do, I'm gonna try to do the whole total here. It's about fifteen hundred yards about ten touchdowns and fifty catches that comes in at RV two. That sounds about right. That is projected higher than Sakuon Barkley. Is it only the potential injury stuff with ken Walker that makes you think he's not an RB one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think you can use him at this rate and keep him healthy. That is the thing, right, because he's never whatsed at this rate. At like twenty five touches a game, you can't do that. But he didn't have over twenty touches in a game until the playoffs last year. The reason he stayed healthy and stayed upright was because he had Zach Sharbonay there in Seattle. That's why they went all the way to the Super Bowl, right, And I know Sharbonay got hurt in the playoffs, and you gave everything to ken Walker. He can do it in a three game stretch. He can do it in a five game stretch. He will not hold up the whole year. He's shown us this over and over and over. And I think that's why the Chiefs go out and you draft and Mitt Johnson, who just had three hundred touches in college, because behind him, the only dude who was Shard Smith. Unless they're gonna wait and sign Kareem Hunt for the millionth year a week before the season starts, right, It's just what they do. But I think you go out and you get Emmitt Johnson because he has because he has so much experience, so you want a be back with Kenneth Walker. I don't think three hundred and twenty touches when the most he's had his two hundred and fifty five is within a real realm of possibility for ken Walker. So I think if you use him too early, he's gonna run out of steam for you by the end of the season and he's either going to play gimpy or be missing games. So the gave him a lot of money, which means they're gonna use him a lot. I am. I am afraid of Kenneth Walker this year. I probably won't have many shares.
Speaker 2: You are in the bottom fifteen of the lowest rankers on ken Walker and Fantasy Pros. Of every single round, your bottom fifteen. His range is the low is twenty three, and you are within the top fifteen of that.
Speaker 3: I didn't move him up recently. I'm at sixteen or fifteen. Now, yeah, well lower there.
Speaker 2: I'm saying fifteen was you and your boy Gary Davenport absolutely hate him. You guys are there's only fifteen of you that have him fifteen or lower. You're the absolute lowest. The high though, is RB five overall, only one person has.
Speaker 3: By if he stay healthy for the whole year is RB five and Striking Nesn's absolutely the talent is there for ken Walker, And if you just want to bank on talent, sure put him in the top five.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Like what I if I'm starting a franchise, I could see taking him over a Chan or you know, I don't think i'd take him over genty. I could take him over Cook maybe, But I just I think you need to be back. And I'm worried that they don't use him properly. The Seahawks finally figured it out last year. If they use him properly and they give him around nineteen touches to twenty touches a game, great, he's gonna last most of the season and make it out I think healthy. But I think there's gonna be games where he just gets too many and he wears that at the end of the year and that's when you want him in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So of the fantasy pros boys, I guess you can throw me in there. But of like Fitzi, Ericson and Debro, everybody has him inside the top eight running backs and Fitzy has him at RB seven. So just throwing that out. So, I mean, I think it's fascinating when you and fits your on opposite ends because you guys are like you just do we talk a lot. I don't know if FITZI does more shows with anybody, but you and I do quite a few in season ones with him. But you guys are complete opposite ends. I guess I'm just like, I think this is such a better offensive position. I think it's quick hitting. I think it's designed to get him the ball he can out of the backfield. As far as the receiver goes you get in the goal line, it's going to go to him. The injuries are a fair point, but I mean, you also.
Speaker 3: Have doesn't give the ball very well. He's fine.
Speaker 2: I just think he's given the opportunity. I think I think Mahomes is going to give him great spots. And Mahomes also talking about running less, so like if that's going to be more in goal line situations, and he's going to have an opportunity to be just handing the ball off and getting to ken Walker. I just think, like, let me go back and look what is ken Walker.
Speaker 3: Derek Henry is the only guy with less receptions last year on this list.
Speaker 2: From thirteen to projection ten times. I mean, I look at this, I see ten Touchdo I think Krin Walker can be fifteen touchdowns this year in that Kansas City offense? Yeah? And I think that makes him ins that makes him easy inside the top guy. And I think I'm the guy that has him at a eleven, So I'm not even giving him him at twelve.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope wherever you're taking him, you're drafting MTT Johnson as well. You got to handcuff him. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: EMITTT. Johnson, anybody in this tier that you feel really strongly about. I mean, I guess Derrick Henry is like the highest. He just just Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: I think we're all baking in falling nigh for Derrick Henry. Right. It's a new offense as well coming in here with Decklan Doyle gonna be a little more vertical a little more pass heavy than it has been in the past, so I think there's a little worry there. But projections crush all of our ranks. I have him at twelve or I have at eleven. You have him eleven, So we both have him as an RB one. Still he has him at five, points has him at eight. PFF has him at eight. So you know, obviously, dude, he scored sixteen touchdowns last year. Everybody still sees it. He's the terminator. I just think at this point he is a little bit older. He's the oldest guy on this list by at least two years, a year and a half over Christian McCaffrey even right, So he's the oldest guy on this list by a lot, and he is a freak. But at some point mother nature wins. So still got him as an RB one. But I the projections could easily be right if he stays healthy and score sixteen touchdowns. Again, I just we both bake it. I think everybody in the industry bakes in a little more risk with a guy at his age. You know, he's turning. He's thirty two now, so all.
Speaker 2: Right, sixteen through twenty four, it gets us into the final bit of running backs. We've got Javonte Williams is the IL sixteen. His ECR is seventeen. I've got him at fifteen. You've got him at sixteen. Jeremiah Love the maybe controversial one or whatever it is. I'm the low guy on him. He's RB seventeen. Here you and ECR have him at fourteen. I've got him at eighteen. Projections also beat both of those, or at least they beat the ITL and me at fifteen, fifteen and twelve between FP points and PFF. Bucky Irving is eighteen. He's one of the lower ECR ones at twenty two, but we both beat that at eighteen and seventeen respectively. Travis et and etchin at nineteen. We're kind of relatively the same in that general space. Dave Montgomery comes in at twenty for us. He's ECR twenty three. We both got him at twenty one. That's funny. We both him at twenty one, but he comes in at twenty. Cam Skataboo at twenty one, I'm a little bit higher, you're a little bit lower. Traveon Henderson at twenty two. I am lower, you are higher. Twinch on Judkins at twenty three and DeAndre Swipt at twenty four. That is our stopping point of the players we're going to talk about, So we can just pinpoint a couple of these guys, Bucky Irving or actually let me before we got to Bucky Irving. Jeremiah Love. Jeremiah Love, to his credit, after all the controversy of like where he is and dah dah dut, he was running with the ones, he's catching the ball at the backfield. He looks like a really good receiver. And if they want to play him in that spot, like I just have no doubt like he will get production. I still just argue the path of being in that offense on that team with three backs to be a constant like top twelve running back. Is he talented enough? Yeah, I just don't know if the opportunity is going to be there. Maybe it'll be there strong in the second half. I just feel reservations to it. So I have a lot less interest. You were right there with ECR. But there are plenty of people out there that like him even higher. And PFF's got him as a top twelve back this year. Projections of twelve hundred yards twelve. They haven't projected for two hundred and seventy rush attempts. I just don't know if they've made an adjustment. There nine and a half rushing touchdowns, a couple receiving, so it's like eleven touchdown. It seems pretty It seems like a pretty pretty aggressive one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think maybe it's a slower burn than I like to get. Jeremiah love these touches, but he's just so much better than everybody on the roster by a wide march. And when I say everybody, I mean every player, not every running back. He's the best player on the Cardinals buy a lot. So Trey McBride is awesome, right, one of the best tight ends in the league. Jeremiah loves better player, in my opinion. And I just think that it's one of those things that you can get the coach speak of the we're not going to give him as many carries. You know, there's plenty of coaches that lie, plenty of coaches that tell the truth. You have coach speak index for that. Lafleur is a new one, so we don't really have a good grip on that yet. But I think at the end of the day. This dude went third in the NFL draft. You don't go third in the draft to get one hundred and fifty touches your first year. You know, I think it's going to be. I think it'll be closer to three hundred than it is to two hundred his touches.
Speaker 2: So, and I think up rush attempts. What about the right because I don't necessarily have to like disagree, but it's two hundred and seventy rush attempts with another thirty and so they're projecting three hundred and like twelve touches for him.
Speaker 3: And how many receptions did they have them for thirty nine? I so I okay, So take some off the rushes and add them to the receptions. Right, A lot of jumps.
Speaker 2: To twenty with like sixty catches.
Speaker 3: I mean, if Carson Beck gets in there, he is going to check down, check down, check down, checkdown. That's gonna be a lot of McBride and love so and I think he starts more than half the games at this point. I know, you just pay per set. You wanted to be the starter or whatever whatever, when you're two and four and you want to see what Carson Beck has before the quarterback class comes into twenty twenty seven. I think we're gonna see Carson now. If he's terrible, okay, sure you go back to Presett to be somewhat competitive and then take your guy next year. But I do think we're gonna get a look at Carson Beck. And even if we don't, I think Jeremiah Love is going to prove to be such a weapon because to me, it's Jamier Gibbs two point oh. He's so similar in his playtime a little bit bigger as well. So I really really am infatuated with Jeremiah Love, and I think I am. I'm willing to take him this year, but I'm not over the top. I'm right onto ECR right now. I'll be a little bit over ECR in about a week.
Speaker 2: That sounds a little weird. You're like, you're glowing and losing your mind about him, and I love him. And then you're like, but I'm not like super infatuated because I was about to challenge I'm out, No, I don't know. I'm just saying your narrative you're talking sounds like you would be a top ten guy. But then you're like, well, I got a met a uc R.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, if it's if it's him or Bucky Irving and I'm taking him every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to see you draft because I haven't seen you draft him a single time in any mock we've done anywhere. I'd love to see you.
Speaker 3: I think I've taken a lot of these backs in this group.
Speaker 2: Now I want to talk strategy of it. I want to talk to the strategy of redrafting here. In just a second, just get another name or two. Uh yeah, maybe that's more of it. But I would love to see and maybe that's a trial to do, whether it's on a pros mock you do or one with us. I'd love to see you kind of commit to seeing what because I guess that's my bigger point. I think, like you know Jeremiah Love better than I do. You're you're way more staunch about it. That's fine. I think he's a super talented back. I'm more hyper focused on the team blinders a little bit to this talented player and limiting him a bit in his rookie year and maybe keeping that to under two hundred and fifty total touches, which would be super annoying. But it doesn't mean he's not going to be valuable. But like, I would love to see you draft and see if you like the team, because my argument is he goes to a point that I don't think it makes sense to draft him because of what you also need on the upside. Maybe I'm not giving my credit enough for floor. That's what I'm missing here, is like there's some players it's like, Okay, fine, they can't give you a whole bunch more upside, but think of the baseline of what they're getting. He's a rookie, I have unknowns, and I'm not giving him part of the floor, But I would like to see what the construction of your team looks like when you draft Love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you will do it in the next mock. I'll try to put myself somewhere where I would take Jeremiah Love. So obviously can't guarantee that. And people are listening to this now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, don't be a dickhead.
Speaker 3: But what I will say about Jeremiah Love is I think there's a couple things driving this narrative. Right Number one, I feel like there's more talk about having to have players in a really good offense. This season than there typically has been, which is a correct call, right. You want the teams that are going to score more touchdowns. So yes, Cardinals offense looks weird mainly because of the quarterback, but works or if if Carson Beck works, Like we said, this offense is gonna have to play point for point because the defense sucks. Right, They're gonna be passing a lot. They've led the league in passes last year, so we're gonna see a lot of that in Jeremiah Love is easily the best receiving back on this team. While a lot so I think, and there's you know, we saw Ashton Genti fall flat on his face because the offense was so bad with the Raiders last year, and he got so much high people putting him in like the top four, top five running backs and all that stuff. He was number one on a lot of running back boards for Dynasty and all that stuff. I just wasn't quite there with him yet. And I think that negative narrative of a running back being drafted so high in the draft and not succeeding in fantasy, I think a lot of that is driving some of the hate for Jeremiah Love. It is nothing that you said, right, you're looking more at this offense and the words that have been spoken by the coach, which is also a bad narrative.
Speaker 2: And also and also the construction of like ile.
Speaker 3: Jeer and risk and James Connor and all of that, and where.
Speaker 2: You have to like jump in to get him, I mean, because like you know, the overall like where the hell is he going? He's twenty six, So it's like, I mean, I guess if you got if you were at the top and you were able to get like a Jamar Chase and then you come back around and then you pick up you know, I don't know, maybe aj Brown and then you get a Jeremiah Love, Like I don't know, that's actually probably pretty slick, Like if you created enough baseline where you can do that in a twelve team and then you know, you would then come back and I don't know what type of running back you're hoping to get. You know, when you pop back in, you're probably looking at more like a David Montgomery or Swift, But like can you stomach that? Like, yeah, you probably can. And those wide receivers create a good baseline. It's just it's a high. It's a high. Cost for a guy that has a couple other running backs of the team is outwardly throwing in our face and they're not very good. I don't think is very good.
Speaker 3: This thing has happened to a lot of the running backs above him as well. Obviously, Gibbs was working with Montgomery his first year, right, JT stupid niim Hines, which aggravated me to no end. Chase Brown barely touched the ball his rookie year, right, So we've seen first year guy not touch the ball a lot, and I think that is also a big part of it. We just haven't seen guys taken at three and not get the ball. So I think Jeremi Love is in for a lot of touches.
Speaker 2: Where's the Bucky stuff on you? Because you said you're clearly taking over Bucky. I'm higher than you. Projections are also higher than than ECR, sorry, not higher than you. PFF is the most aggressive, so let's just do that real quick. The PFF projection around eleven hundred yards pretty aggreat Their PF is really aggressive on rush attempts, seven and a half touchdowns around forty catches, so I guess the overalls around fourteen hundred yards, nine touchdowns, forty catches for Bucky Irving, health, the health stuff maybe seems to be getting a little bit squashed and moving away. I think there's still a Knny Gainwell Tucker thing that everybody's talking about. But I feel I think he's one of the better values out there because I think Bucky Irving plays as a top twelve running back in Fantasy and he's going later. So like, that's the thing when I so you say the same thing, You're like, well, if it's love and him, it's just but but.
Speaker 3: Bucky's I mean, Love has way more upside than Bucky, like.
Speaker 2: But Bucky is also way cheaper.
Speaker 3: Bucky does it, and jeremal Ava also doesn't have the injury risk that Bucky has. So that's kind of that's kind of a line in the sand for me. But I think Bucky is being underrated. I think you're seeing that go away now that he's back at camp and practicing and looking like he's gonna be fine to start the year with no issues.
Speaker 2: Right, let me see it has actually changed though, because he's going off overall it is fifty seven, he's RB twenty two on Fantasy Pro. So that's fifty seven overall, where Jeremiah Love was twenty six, So it's half the real time ADP at RB. Let me see if he's gone up the last seven days and what that ends up. What that ends up doing is that tracks where ADP isn't caught up, and it's like the real time between some of these major sites. This is using like Sleeper and Yahoo. He hasn't moved. Actually, Bucky is not in the top ten of like adjusted change. Yeah, he has not moved the number. The top three guys are I don't know why Jordan Mason, but Jonathan Brooks and then Sharboney are the two biggest movers in the last seven days on real time ADP.
Speaker 3: They got him up point two. On ESPN, ken Walker's up point six, and then Cook and eight chann are up about point two point one. So not a lot of movement from these guys. Are these twenty first among running backs on ESPN as well. But I do think, like, you know, look, every time we doubt Bucky, I feel like he shuts us up. I loved him at Oregon and then he was really slow and didn't look good at the combine, got a little dropped I rode that big mistake because he was awesome as a rookie, and even last year when we were talking about Bucky and I made this point a bunch of time, so I apologize for repeating it if you've heard it before. But you know, even I, I was like, I just don't know that they give the ball right back to Bucky a bunch, and they did. He was averaging like seventeen touches a game when he came back, So I Bucky is the guy I think when I think some people are afraid of Gainwell because Gainwell was so good, particularly at the end of last season. So if you were still in it at the end of last year, you saw Gainwell put up some monster games. So I think a lot of people are relying on that. I still think Bucky is better than Kenneth Gainwell, and I think Kenneth Gainwell is way better than we thought going into twenty twenty five. But I just think that maybe we're overvaluing him. A lot of people are going into twenty twenty six with the new team and a new offense. I think Bucky's their guy. I don't worry about Sean Tucker or Gainwell at all, I think Bucky is the dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree with that. What I want to do is we're going to cover the back half of those guys the twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four in the next episodes, we're essentially kind of getting into the top twenty give me two really quick takes though on nineteen and twenty. Travis Itchin is interesting. Fantasy Points has him not even as a top twenty four back. There's a lot that's amazingly. The Kamara stuff is really putting into question. I think a lot of the production and Dave Montgomery, I think, is that a lot of people. Then there's the Woody Marks comments that they might be like one A, one B, which is super annoying. That kind of floats out there. You and I are higher on Montgomery than ECR. We are lower on Itchean than ECR. And the biggest swing projection is Dave Montgomery, where Points has him as the seventeenth RB, but Fantasy Pros has him at twenty five. So both of these guys have a low of twenty five and the highs are eighteen for Itchan, but Dave Montgomery is seventeen in the projection. So give me your quick synopsis on both of those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just ceiling for at Chen and then floor from Montgomery. In my opinion, when you're looking at these guys, right, like, can Alvin Kamara throw a wrench in the middle of Atchen season? Sure? But how healthy is Alvin Kamara and how long is he going to stay on the field right, Like, He's missed a bunch of games the past couple of years. So I don't think you go out and you spend all that money on Travis at Chan if you're really super confident in Alvin Kamara, doesn't mean it can't work. I just I don't. I'm not really into Kamara taking a big chunk of this away from him, So, uh, that's not gonna be something for me. Will he be used, Absolutely, But I just I think at Chen's gonna be fine. Montgomery, I guess you could say, you know, look at the Texans offense. It runs through Stroud first, all of this, but they had no run game last year. They've improved the offensive line play, and what do you do with the defense, Like the Texans, you run, you run, and you keep your defense fresh. So they can get you the ball back real fast, specifically with CJ. Stroud coming off a down year. So I think this is a balance of the offense. I think Montgomery's gonna have tons of touches. So I feel pretty safe about both of those guys.
Speaker 2: All right, So then, and I actually am I kind of agreement with you, Like I just don't think you bring in Etchien for just like so Camerican just continue catching balls.
Speaker 3: And I think they were willing to cut Kamara if the contract stuff didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I agree, And also like I'm kind of with the I'm not with Debro in his high end, like there's gonna be the Rams old you know, blah blah blah, But like this could be a powerful offen and they've got a lot of good weapons. Jordan Tyson looks great and smooth out there. They got two backs, but that Jane's going to be the guy, and Dave Montgomery too. There's just no chance I think that they're going to move off with David Montgomery.
Speaker 3: It might be better for him to get away from Gibbs, right.
Speaker 2: I think great, he's a great back. I think they might try to do series to series stuff, but Dave Montgomery is going to be the goal line guy. He's going to be the.
Speaker 3: Ever what he mark stuff is such nonsense, Like I do think what he mark can be better in a more limited role, but that's because he's fresh. I think, you know, if they had that confidence really in what he marks, you don't go and trade for David.
Speaker 2: Montgomm No, I just don't think so. So overall strategy, just real quick, let's do strategy and then targets your strategy to RB's. We're looking at the top really hyper focusing on the top twenty. I did mention the top twenty four. I'm going to ask you players here in a second, but like, you know, do you want to be heavy early RB in the first three rounds? So you want to have two running backs? Could you live in a world where you've gone three rounds and not taken a running back? What is your RB strategy looking at this top like twenty to twenty four?
Speaker 3: I mean, first things firstus, I want to inside my top ten. If I can do that, I feel really good about my team. Can't always work like that, and I've kind of avoided this middle area. I feel like I like the wide receivers and a lot of the times I've taken a tight end, so I've kind of avoided this second back, and I've taken the guys that were going to talk about in the next show more. I've taken risk on like Henderson and Judkins and Swift and Price. I've taken like two of those guys, so I know I have a number two somewhere, and then I take another running back, you know, a boring like a Rashad White, who I know is gonna have a lot of receptions. I've play in a lot of PPR leagues, you know Blake Koram who has a pretty high floor, and then you throw your dart, like who is your dart at? After that? Is it? You know? I know yours is probably Brooks, some people with Chicory krossky Merritt, you know, I like Jonah Coleman down here, so you throw your dart. So that's kind of how I see it as I have avoided kind of this Breese Hall down to cam Skataboo for the purposely, it's just the way I've been doing it.
Speaker 2: It's funny those two names I'm trying to avoid kind of but I think I want to have one of the top ten guys. I don't like to have a I'm not a lower RB strategy guy. Could I do it? I could, absolutely could. I live in a world where my two rbs are like Kyen Williams and David Montgomery or something like that. Sure I could do that, because that means I've got two high end wide receivers most likely, but I am I tend to in one of my first two picks get a running back. So positionally, if I am in like the middle to late of a first round, I'm probably gonna take a wide receiver because i won't get McCaffrey, and then I'm gonna probably try to come back, and I'm gonna try to get an a Chan or a Hampton if they fall like that. So top two rounds, I want to get a running back. My second running back tends to live in the kind of a similar territory like Josh Jacobs Bucky Irving have been popular ones I've got, and Jutkins I don't like to go. I don't like the range of twoton outside the top twenty five for RB two, so I like to kind of have strong but I have leaned a little bit more heavy wide receiver, because I will say this from the top of the show, why running back has been a little bit more consistent than in years past. If you and now, we might have chaos this year, but it's felt a little bit more consistent. So now, top ten running backs, give me the two names that you're targeting the most, without Gibbs and Robinson because you have to have the number one or two overall. Pick kind of McCaffrey as well. So, but who are two backs in the top ten that are like your main targets?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm more than willing to take Jonathan Taylor if he falls at all, right, So if he gets to the nine or ten, give me jt all day. And but like, realistically, I feel like I've picked a lot on the end and a channer Gent falls, so I'm usually taking one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yep, same these. I might throw Hampton in there as well, but yeah, genty and a chann are kind of the two, all right.
Speaker 3: So then and Derrick Henry Derrick Henry Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: Well, that's your eleven to twenty. I said eleven to twenty, So pick two guys in eleven to twenty.
Speaker 3: I can I pick Derrick Henry twice, right, because like he's just he's still there, right, and projections are way higher and we are even higher on Derrick Henry than ECR. We're both at eleven is ECRs twelve. So uh, he's just a value probably everywhere still and then beyond that, you said eleven through twenty. Yeah, so you've got Derek m give me Jeremy Love Okay, yep, side, I.
Speaker 2: Want to see it. I want to see you do it. I'm excited to see that. Mine would probably be I. Bucky Irving is definitely one that I take, and I don't know. I guess ken Walker, I guess based on what I said, like ken Walker and him. Josh Jacobs has been another one that I've taken. I'm I'm kind of like you. I get a little bit indifferent in this range. It's more about like value and.
Speaker 3: Team who falls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who falls? And then it becomes interesting and that's what we'll talk And also, I mean you mentioned him. We're going to talk about him more in the next episode. But quinch On Juckkins is one of those players that it's like, I know he doesn't catch a bunch of balls, but it's just like just feels like it's a slight little turning to get him the ball a little bit more, and he's just going to be a beast. Like he feels like he's got top ten RB upsides.
Speaker 3: So I really do like you got to find a quarterback there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean they got three of them that they could just throw those screen passes.
Speaker 3: Please Josh text me during this podcast to tell me that Shador will start week one because he's outperforming Deshaun Watson by a mile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Dylan Gabriel is lockedown. Then week one. All right, there you go. That is going to be RB Part one. That's our top twenty to twenty four. RB's kind of the RB ones and twos. In the next episode, we'll have a little discussion about the back end of the RB twos or the front end however you want to look at that, and then we're gonna be looking at more the flex and the deeper RB conversations, So you know that is going to exist of probably bashell touton Jendarium Price. We're going to have Jonathan Brooks conversations and even a few of those deeper names. Bogman's a big Emmett I'm a Johnson guy, and who's the other one, Jonah Coleman. You know, we'll probably have some conversation about those deeper running back plays for the ranks, so make sure you guys are locked in RBS for this week wide receivers next week. If you guys want to see what the ranks look like, go to end this League dot com. You guys can support us there. Sign up in this League dot com and get you hooked up. We very much appreciate your support and gets you access to the stuff in the things. We all love stuff and things. Follow us on Twitter, is it the Welsh Bogman Sports and Brothers. You guys can find us on Fantasy Pros. I got tons of shows this week and the previous week, so you can find a lot of my workover on Fantasy Pros as well as Bogman on the college side as well in Dynasty. So plenty of stuff there to get your fixed if you need it. That's going to do it for the episode. You guys have a fantastic one and we'll talk to you on the next. ITL Fantasy Football these
Speaker 3: Out Sea Home on