Speaker 1: Andy Music Hall with a surprise guest.
Speaker 2: Good evening.
Speaker 1: This is Hallow Wilcox inviting you to the amoson Andy Music Hall. And now, ladies and gentlemen, here transcribed are your hosts for tonight and for every night Monday through Friday, the creators of amos and Andy, Freemon Gosden and Charles Correll. Hello, I'm Freeman Gosden and I'm Charles Correll. Tonight over at the amos Landy Music Hall, the Kingfishers lined up a very special guest, but so far he's kept it a secret from amos Andy. Gods, do you have any idea who it is? Not to fight us, Charlie, So let's drop over to the Lodge Hall and see if we can find out who the King Faece has for a mystery guest. Good evening, folks, This is George Kingfish Stevens at the Emerson and the Music Hall. Well, the night I was bringing you a special mystery guest who I know you was all gonna be happy to hear from once again, Well, King Siege, I think you ought at least tell me and Andy who the mystery guests is. Yeah, ain't gonna hide in a flying for us. Go in there, but I guarantee you and he walk in the door there. Uh, he's gonna be someone that you and all our listeners is gonna be happy to meet again. You know, sense the pumping me No further here because I ain't gonna tell you. So let's go on with the show. Yes, and the What is the first record you got for us tonight? Let me squint at the thing here, Crazy about Your Baby sung by the Crew Cuts. Oh yeah, that's a cute number. Them boys has got nice voices too. Yeah, but tell me this. What is this I keep noticing on the records here? Say forty five? What is that RPM? Business? RPM? Well, and then let's take it one at a time. Let's take the r. R stands for revolutions. You know what a revolution is on you? Oh? Sure that is always going on in South America? No, no, no, this is a revolution like going around like the earth revolves around the sun. No Ford, how long has that been going on? Oh listen, man, they look here. I hadn't been in front of yours for a long time, and I won't tell you something in the future. If there's any little thing on the record that you don't understand or that bothers you in any way. I want you to do me a favor. Yeah, kings, what is that? Just shut your big fat mouth and play the record. What is you talking about? You sound like I'm making it or something. I know what I'm doing. At a minute, ladies and gentlemen, here is the crew baby singing baby about you? Crazy John John.
Speaker 3: Crazy do your baby?
Speaker 1: Wants you all to myself?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Don't your baby know when I'm gonna jump?
Speaker 3: Gives me on you.
Speaker 1: Love and all that you can have fun.
Speaker 2: Let's believe you.
Speaker 4: Always able to be a doge.
Speaker 5: Great about your baby, Thanks at your baby.
Speaker 1: Gray about your baby.
Speaker 2: I want you all of my jib.
Speaker 6: Gray about your baby. Thank you about your baby.
Speaker 2: Thanks about your baby? Want you all to myself now? The time is come on, honey. Will you please me my wife.
Speaker 3: I will taken care of you the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna spend a lot of money house.
Speaker 1: So put I got it in the country.
Speaker 2: Card me and you crazy about your baby yet.
Speaker 1: Baby raised alcivating wind you all of my child.
Speaker 6: The jet although no, but crazy about your baby.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm crazy about your bout you babem non.
Speaker 2: I'm bother with.
Speaker 6: John's Crazy about your Baby, want you all to my child, crazy.
Speaker 1: By crazy alcab wind you all.
Speaker 2: Of my d as.
Speaker 1: We are married me but based the family.
Speaker 5: All the time we have beddy when they live a humbling around little Bay.
Speaker 3: There were to be supporting the phillis be the day baby, thank a.
Speaker 1: Bout your baby, wink you all to my time, assisting the ignorance out of mister Brown's introduction.
Speaker 2: That was the cue cut singing.
Speaker 1: Crazy about your baby, say Kingfish, And you're gonna tell us yet who our mystery guess is tonight. Well you'll see soon enough. And and there ain't no sense of being curious curiosic and get you in a lot of trouble. Like Southhire's brother Leroy, he was working for a construction company this summer and curiosity got the best of him. He stuck his head under the piled driver to see what made it work. Now, every time it rains, the top of his head looks like a bird bath him. At a party, some of the fellas was using him for a ashtray. Ladies and gentlemen. The next record we're gonna play is a favorite of mine. It's one of Bing Crosby's. I guess over the years, our friend mister Crosby has had more hits than anyone else in the business. Everyone has got his favorite Bing Crosby record, And just recently the Deck of People has done put all of Bing's great hits together in one album. And right now, I'd like you to hear one that has been a big favorite of mine ever since he sung it in Going My Way?
Speaker 2: You like to swing at a star? Harry moonbeam on me the job, I'm being better off than you are? Or would you rather be a mule? A mule is an animal with long funny.
Speaker 1: Anything here is that kids drawning by his brain? Is we he just plain stupid with the subburn Street.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you hate to go to school, you may grow up to be a mule.
Speaker 5: Or would you like to swing on a dog carry mooning? Carming a job any batter.
Speaker 2: Robbing you a r Or would you rather be a pig? Oh?
Speaker 3: He gets an animal a third on his face.
Speaker 2: His shoes are a terrible to space.
Speaker 6: He has no matter when he's just food.
Speaker 3: He's fat, lazy, and extremely run.
Speaker 2: But if you don't care, a feather or a pig. You may grow up to be a pig.
Speaker 5: Or would you like to swing on a dog carry moon in calling a job any batter robbing you are?
Speaker 4: Or would you rather be a sick All fish.
Speaker 2: Won't do anything between them or cross.
Speaker 3: He can't write his name or read.
Speaker 1: A book to do those people, and his only thoughts and all he's slippery. He still get pot.
Speaker 4: But then if that sort of life is what you wish, you may grow up to be a fish, a new kind that jumps up slippers hand all the monkeys.
Speaker 2: Ivers every day you need.
Speaker 1: So you see, it's all up to you. You can be better than all.
Speaker 2: You could be swinging on a stall.
Speaker 1: Well, ladies and gentlemen, the Queen kiss still ain't told us who his mystery guest is tonight, and I guess there ain't no chance to find it out of them? Are you got an inkland who it is? And no I must? I've been Inkland in my mind for the bast half hours. Every ink I come up? What is the wrong ink? When the Kinglish want to keep something quiet, he makes a clam look like a blaberlab What is the next record?
Speaker 2: We got there with the folks.
Speaker 1: It's a k Star Record Ladies and Gentlemen. Miss k Star has had many hits, and they're usually not a tune that everybody else can do. They seem to be tailor made just to fit her. Listen to her now as she sings, Am I a toy or a treasure?
Speaker 2: Am? Or am I a treasure?
Speaker 3: Which of the two? Am I?
Speaker 2: To you? And my of it? That dangle on string?
Speaker 3: Or original love?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 2: A round precious thing? Oh?
Speaker 7: Will lop be.
Speaker 2: To cherish forever?
Speaker 3: Or thrown away?
Speaker 2: One? Publics and myth?
Speaker 3: Are you to say thing or just another playing?
Speaker 1: Am I at all?
Speaker 3: Or a treasure?
Speaker 2: To me? Am I?
Speaker 3: Or am I a treasure?
Speaker 7: Wait of to.
Speaker 3: And to you.
Speaker 2: By a phi? That you dangle on a stream? Alrang? Laugh? For me? A precious say so will lappy.
Speaker 3: To cherish forever?
Speaker 2: All thrown away?
Speaker 3: One Father's day?
Speaker 2: Can I be? I?
Speaker 3: Hear you say thing comp and not the play thing?
Speaker 7: Am I entire treasure?
Speaker 4: To have my joy.
Speaker 3: The treasure?
Speaker 2: There was no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: That was Miss quays Star. Where am I a toy or treasure? Listen, kings Is you ain't told us yet who our mystery guest is. Yeah, Kings, who is it? Well, like a two of you boys, the man was one of the biggest stars that ever hit the radio and music business. He retired a few years ago. And the reason I've done invited the move the night is that people are always saying, I wonder whatever happened to him? Oh he was crazy about him too. Well, I don't know about these surprises. Last Halloween at the mass Great Ball, I was dancing with a cute little thing in the Ballerina Costa. Oh you were, Oh yeah, I whispered, Sweeten, nothing's into her ear all evening. Then when she unmasked a midnight she turned out to be old mister Wilson, the chicken pluck down at the butcher's Doore. You ain't got no old chicken fucker coming over here tonight as your gamesa.
Speaker 2: Who was not in it?
Speaker 1: Well, I was just as anxious as our listeners to find out.
Speaker 3: Who it is.
Speaker 1: After all, I evening, folks, he here, why it is, mister King Kaiser, Yeah, old professor himself. Well, mister, certainly is a pleasure to welcome you back on the air. Tell me something. I know our listeners would be interested to know what you think of the progress in the music business since you retired.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: When I left the business, they were singing bibbity bobbidi boom. Now everyone's going around singing shah boom shaboom. This is progress. Well, Miss Kaida, guess what has you been doing since you were tired? Well, been taking it easier than a flea on a three legged hound dog.
Speaker 2: At first, I.
Speaker 1: Took my wife, Georgia and now three little girls back to my old stamping grounds down to the University of North Carolina and Chapel Hill. Oh yeah, yeah, you went to school there. That's your old amma Masa. That's right, you're right. I started my professional career as a cheerleader there and then I formed my own band right there on the camp right there at the school. Huh yeah. I was North Carolina's way of striking back at Fred Waring. Well, you say you was back there at the university. I know you was a professor on the radio. Is you professing around the place down there too? Well, I do have a plathora of profertory of perspicacity, but as yet I haven't made it with the tweed and misshaw I'm since Oh, well, if that means anything like us down you usually said a MOFU. Right now, I'm acting as TV consultant to the university. Uh that going on the air an educational television station, and so I'm kind of sitting in on policy and programming. But I'm not appearing well. All along. I kind of had an idea that you retired, mister Kaiser, because when I tuned into college and Musical Knowledge on television Sunday Night, you was a short fellow playing a guitar. No, and that was Tennessee Ernie. He's a great entertainer and I think he's done a swell job taking over for the old professor. Well, mister Kaisa, every once in a while we hear the rumor that you was going to run for governor or senator something like that down in North Carolina. Is any truth today?
Speaker 2: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: No, I'm fred not when it comes to any official title. I'm not running for I'm running front. Well, I think it was something you were retiring and taking your wife and three Levely children going back to your hometown. Well, Amos, I've been working pretty hard for a long time, and that's all I kind of wanted to just take a little time off and get to know my family. Well. I know that if you ever does decide to get back in show business, there'll always be a warm spot in the public's heart for a man with your great talent. Thank you, Amy, It's been a real pleasure dropping in here and gyrating my gums with three old friends like you boys well most cause we know you done made a lot of records, and many of them were real big hits. But what is your favorite record of all the records you ever made? Now, now, don't put me on the spot. I have a lot of favorites, but I did bring one of them along with me tonight. Here it is who.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't Love You?
Speaker 1: I thank you, sir, ladies and gentlemen. Here is mister k Kaiser's favorite record, Who Wouldn't Love You? Come on?
Speaker 2: Shellen? Yes, Dan, Who wouldn't love you? Who wouldn't care?
Speaker 1: You're so enchanting people mustand you're the dream the dreamers want a dream about.
Speaker 2: You're the breakerence. Bring the lovers, get about or man about? Who wouldn't love you? Woo? Who wouldn't buy.
Speaker 3: The West Side of Heaven?
Speaker 2: If you just wink your eyes? You're the answer to my every prayer, Donham, who wouldn't love you, who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Care, who wouldn't love you, who wouldn't care? You're going chanting. The people must thanks. You're the dream that dreamers are, the dreamer that you're the breakfast ring that lovers get about. I'm that about.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't love you?
Speaker 3: Who wouldn't find the worst side of heaven if you wink your eyes? The answer to my every square, my dall, who wouldn't love you, who wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Care, who wouldn't love you? I wouldn't care. You're so in chatting. People must stay. You're the answer to my every.
Speaker 3: Fir would have you wouldn't care?
Speaker 1: Then it wasn't pleasure having mister Kakai are dropping on it. Here's the Amis Brother's latest kit.
Speaker 2: Hopelessly, Hopelessly I long for you.
Speaker 6: We had let's.
Speaker 1: Break in into I love you so.
Speaker 7: Even I don't sign chang Hopelessly I dream of you. No, No, they'll never come true.
Speaker 2: I'm alone.
Speaker 7: So long with my love Roman.
Speaker 3: There's one thing in this world that aly.
Speaker 2: Row and heart can learn.
Speaker 7: There's nothing in this world so lonely and loving and not in love in return. Garelessly you a bar fool right from the star?
Speaker 1: Leaven me just to me?
Speaker 2: Oh listen.
Speaker 7: Careless see you played.
Speaker 2: A par.
Speaker 1: Oo right from the star.
Speaker 3: Even me just oh lessly.
Speaker 1: Homelessly. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to shut up shop. You're at the music hall this evening. Yes, and ladies and gentlemen, we are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night, when our guests will be two of your favorite people, mister George Burns and Miss Gracie Allen. Good night, everybody, see you tomorrow night. Ever found a music Hall will be presented again tomorrow night at this same time. Our guest will be George Burns and Gracey Allen. This is Arnod Will Gone, inviting you to join us Sevenday night, Monday through Friday. The Amos and Andy Music Hall Transcribed is produced by Sam Pierce and directed by Clip Hall executive producers Joe Connolly and Bob Moser. This Sunday Night, amoson Andy returned to the Star's address for another season of the regular Sunday night broadcast. They surely join us here at CBS Radio for fun with Amos and Andy. The Kingfish Sapphire and all your favorites of the amoson Andy Show, returning this Sunday night. Stay tuned now for Mister Keene, which follows five minutes.
Speaker 6: Of new
Speaker 1: She Rings the Bell for fun Eve Arden as our Miss Brooks Sunday nights on the CBS Radio Network