Speaker 1: What's going down, everybody. If you haven't heard, I've got my ebook called Painting Trading Cards by Ryan Pineff out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you want to learn about altered art cards, if you want to see my process, my tips, my tricks, if you want to learn how to alter cards yourself, or if you're just interested in the history and the cultural impact of alters on games like Magic the Gathering, head on over to commandercookout dot com. Pick up your copy today. You'll learn lots, you'll pick up a new hobby, you'll refine your current hobby, and in doing so, you're gonna support all the stuff we do here at the Commander Cookout media group.
Speaker 2: Big thanks.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen to Commander Cooko Podcast episode four fifty. I'm Brando.
Speaker 4: I'm here with Ryan and we're gonna update a dang pre con now head our thing. So, hey, Ryan, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 3: How you doing all good?
Speaker 2: What is going down?
Speaker 3: Whole bunch is going down. We're back with a super exciting deck built by myself and some of the good employees and people over at Wizards of the Coast who preloaded this pre con with things that I then upgraded we're gonna talk a little bit about that, got some stories to tell, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com. They are your source for all your gaming needs. And also Pilot Bones Brewing code that the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, and the official beer sponsor of c CEO Sidewalk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And the official location for the Face to Face Games Tour Stop Regina Commander Cookout after Party.
Speaker 3: Yes, also that when that's in September.
Speaker 1: September fourteen, baby, that's it's a good date coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about all that in a quick sec.
Speaker 1: I want to pound through some bunch of business because I want to get right into this pre concert.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, listen, listen to this pounding. Okay, you like you like the sound of pounding.
Speaker 3: Pound sound, pound sound?
Speaker 2: Yeah better than going to pound town.
Speaker 1: That's right, Okay, big thanks to Fusion Gaming Online dot Com.
Speaker 2: You use CCO Summer Promo code.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get a discount on the stuff you're gonna buy anyway.
Speaker 3: You're telling me that I can just spend less for stuff that I want. Yes, sir man, that's magical, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh yeah, big thanks to Pile of Bones Brewing Coat.
Speaker 3: They are excellent for sending us.
Speaker 1: These delicious and new We are among the first people in the province.
Speaker 3: To drink these and we have and they're good.
Speaker 2: Quark, strangeness and charm. Yeah I couldn't see the word but quark.
Speaker 1: And we had some and they're good and I would recommend them and you should drink them also based on my recommendation of them.
Speaker 3: Well, we know what we're talking about, you know what I mean, Like we drink beer. We know beer, we know our stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, big thanks to producer Gary and the dufferin Avenue Media Network. You can see the damn logo on the screen behind us if you're.
Speaker 2: Watching on YouTube, which should be. And big thanks to editor Joe for making you green and scary.
Speaker 3: Wait that's Joe. I thought that I was doing that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, okay, big thanks to our newest Patreon supporter over at patreon dot com slash Cecio podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, and and I didn't tell brand of the name. So this is raw Dog Bear Bones nickname. He's never heard it before.
Speaker 3: Man, Gabriel townsend Gabriel can pound sand.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, yes. I was also going to make town into pound.
Speaker 3: Gabriel poundsand I like that. That was easy. That was good. That was good. That was man.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Do you think he hears that in his everyday life?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, ah, man, I hope.
Speaker 1: It's not one of those ones where somebody gets in touch and says, hey, thanks for the nickname.
Speaker 2: But I got bullied and called that my whole life. Can you you just do something else? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel almost feel bad when that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I also feel like I'm picking low hanging fruit, which is just.
Speaker 2: Oh, Gabriel low hang low hang pounder.
Speaker 1: Choose what you want, change your name in the discord if you're in there are one of the benefits to become a Patreon supporter, alongside getting to that discordant and helping us plan upcoming events.
Speaker 2: We got Regina in September.
Speaker 1: The following week, I'll be in Toronto for the dusk morn launch weekend and there's an after party there. So check out F two F tour dot com to get your Command Fest Toronto tickets. You when you do c CEO promo code just a CCO. You're gonna save some money there and get a free little gift from your good friend Ryan at the event. Good stuff. Then we've got Calgary coming up in November. That's exciting and all of the stuff I'm planning for Toronto.
Speaker 2: We're gonna double up on.
Speaker 1: In Calgary because there's gonna be two of us there and we've got like, well maybe some Commander Coocoat trivia, maybe some games open flippy pack openings. I like doing jump Start, but I realized at this point it's kind of like I'm the minority.
Speaker 3: Yes, between the two of us. Yes, I hate it so much. I'm two people.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm yeaes, uncle Brando, everybody.
Speaker 3: I even bought Clue and I didn't jump Started. I haven't even looked at those packs in a long time. They're just on my kitchen table. I should do something with.
Speaker 2: Oh because it was like a special minigame, wasn't it. Yeah, yeah, well it was.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a special minigame, but also it was Jumpstart.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was a special minigame of magic the gathering called jump.
Speaker 3: Start basically and real creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, hey, next BBOs coming out it is Box Opening is coming up, and uh, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: We teased it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes we did. It's gonna be a good time, I promise. I had a really good time making it, and I've actually got some really good response from the the not Dusk warn One Boom Boom Burrow where I made a little puppet Brando that like does the thing. Yes, And I'm glad people are appreciate it. And I really really really appreciate when people like reach out and say how much that they liked it or that they appreciate that I'm putting the effort in because I am, and it feels really good to have that acknowledged. So so thanks to everybody who's reached out and said something nice about it.
Speaker 2: This one coming up is.
Speaker 1: I can't call it a retro set, but the set is like years and years old at this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is yes, which messes me up a little bit.
Speaker 1: There's there's a set of years gone by that Brando's opening the.
Speaker 2: Box from from our friend Corey.
Speaker 1: If you want your box to be opened by Brando, get in touch via email Commander Cooko at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Or if you're a Patreon supporter, that's one of the benefits.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah is Brando will open your box if that's what you want.
Speaker 3: If you if you hate excitement, yeah, and opening boxes on your own, Yeah, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much. So we've got the new curb Side Pickup.
Speaker 1: That just launched with our online community and big thanks to everybody who played in that and.
Speaker 2: The latest Gemstone Mine with John c DH.
Speaker 1: John Penisy just went up and he was actually tweaking a deck that he played on Curb Side Pickup.
Speaker 2: And that's that was kind.
Speaker 1: Of why I wanted to why I was really interested in doing your pre con upgrade today because I watched a video where John tweaked a deck that I watched him play, right, and now a deck that I will watch you play eventually.
Speaker 2: Have you played this deck yet?
Speaker 3: Not yet? Now miss Kadh and m this week.
Speaker 2: So oh man.
Speaker 3: So it's we're an unstarted water here's bait. Water is your baby. But I'll bet you this works. I'll bet you it's great because we like we talked about on the pre show, we've talked about in the past, these precns are pretty stout and are pretty good, and I basically just took the gimmick that the deck was already doing, yep, and just did more of it. Oh right. I went in and I was like, man, you know what I can play in this deck? Garb So I found a bunch of cards that just I like and just jammed them in here.
Speaker 1: I have a strengths and weakness with regards to garbage when we get to that part of.
Speaker 3: The deck tech And as I thought about it, as I've been kind of thought crafting, I'm gonna I'm gonna play this deck a couple times to see if if I'm enjoying it, and if I do. I got a plethora of crap that I'm gonna put in, just cards that were so shitty, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: What do you mean. They're four fours with haste that are indestructible. What So they take bad cards and make them less bad, and they take really really good cards, like certain ones that we're gonna talk about later and just make them ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Appreciated Obviously, if you saw the title to the show, or if you saw the thumbnail or whatever, we're doing, Bella Bellow barred of the brambles.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that in one more second. I had one more piece of business that's actually very important to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the business this week?
Speaker 1: As of yesterday, my book that I've been working on for like the last year, launched on commander cookout dot com.
Speaker 2: You can find it there. If you're interested in altering cards, if I've ever painted cards for you, or if you want to learn to do it yourself, commandercookout dot com, head on over there, pick up a copy. It's it's an ebook.
Speaker 1: It'll be sent to you soon after you purchase it via email, and you can learn and support and become part of like this interesting hobby that I've kind of went from hey I should try this stupid thing to like it. It morphed into like my full time job.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. Yeah, that took only ten ten fricking years for me to do, but.
Speaker 3: Hey, I mean, it's anything worth doing. It takes time, and if you invest the time, maybe you'll see this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll get Joe to like put a picture of what the book looks like or the something on the screen so people know, like, hey, I'm in the right.
Speaker 3: Spot, you see, I'm gonna put the cover page on there. I'm gonna put the the cover on it, but there is no cover becau it's an ebook.
Speaker 2: It still has a cover technically, and what's it covering digital ones?
Speaker 3: And Zero's brandle would yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I Actually it's not even out yet as of the time of this recording, and I've already had people come to me and say, hey, you like I want to get a paper copy or like a physical copy of it. So if it's successful, and it gives me kind of the means to go to a publisher or a binder or whatever they're called and get a small print run, maybe like you can cash in your I've already bought the ebook on a on like a rebate sure, and just like pay the little bit of a difference for the publishing cost.
Speaker 3: And maybe maybe we.
Speaker 2: Can turn it into a physical book.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping it's successful and I've worked hard on it, and my wife even pre pre kind of read it and told me how terrible it is.
Speaker 3: So and here's the let me. I'm gonna w one. I'm gonna do you one better. If we get to the physical copy. Everybody's digging that. If anybody wants the audiobook version, I'll read it.
Speaker 2: Whoa uncle Brando audio.
Speaker 3: Ready, I'll read the whole book out loud into a microphone.
Speaker 2: And I'll do it right over there in the booth that I freaking built.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's providence.
Speaker 2: It's like to build that for you to read the audiobook.
Speaker 3: So I'll do that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely do that, and then i'd buy and listen to myself like i'd as mr myself into artistic frenzy. I don't know if I have.
Speaker 2: A you can like tap the mic click.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I have one of those things. Yeah, I don't. I don't know if I could do that.
Speaker 1: But hey, guys that are really into magic cards, we'll just buy it and just hear you talking and saying magic card names and licking a microphone.
Speaker 2: That's freaking weird, man.
Speaker 3: No king shaving in the nation, But no, that is a little Yeah. I don't understand it, but we don't have to understand it. We just have to appreciate there's everybody out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I'd probably listen to that.
Speaker 3: Once there you go see there is Okay, so I hope I didn't just tank your book sales. I'm sorry. If he sells too many of these things, I'm going to do an audiobook version of it.
Speaker 2: So if he sells too many, I'm deep throating.
Speaker 1: Okay, bellow bal bal the double l in Spanish with the y sound.
Speaker 3: Ah bello. Yeah, I think it's bellow. But if you're an animal, No, there's Spanish animals. There's pussing boots. Yes, that's the one I can think of. Yes, but like it proves that they exist.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, give him, Marie. This is your deck.
Speaker 3: You give him Marine Man. He's so far away he ain't hear during my turn or your turn if you're playing the deck that blows him up so huge. He's a raccoon bard for red Green one. Yes, he's a three three yep. During our turn, each non equipment non aura artifact slash enchantment that we control of man of value four or greater becomes a four to four creature with haste and indestructible. And whenever this creature does combat damage to a player, you draw a card.
Speaker 2: What the hell about that last part?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, see they've decided that man girl can already do everything. Let's just let them do everything. There's not enough enchantresses in Green to do an actual enchantress deck, so let's just put it right on the command. Oh you know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that take.
Speaker 1: I like the take that we don't have very many enchantresses and doing it this way allows me to play a bellow deck but make it like an artifact deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, then then it's like, okay, I could do non equipment artifacts that are maybe just some static ability that is.
Speaker 2: Desirable for me to have. Sure, and I can still get my card draw out of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, Because obviously, like skull Clamp doesn't go on the deck, and one ones for skull Clamp don't go on the deck as a result, because I want to play four drops, correct, So I need to draw cards in some way, shape or form. And if I'm not playing creatures, because I'm freaking not, I can't do like the whole Beast whisper thing. I can't do like the Girk's uprising or things like that.
Speaker 3: Right, the things that that nature work well, I mean, creatures coming into play still draws you cards because the enchantments do they come into play as, don't become creatures.
Speaker 1: They just during your turn. Oh I think they would come into play as a creature.
Speaker 3: Yes see, that's that's tricky.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: That's tricky and fun and great. Okay, yes, and we'll talk about how we'll talk about how ridiculous that is in a moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, We've got sixteen play spells and you I think those are the ramp ones, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, those are our ramp things. Which is great because this this deck much likes I wasn't. I wasn't certain why the pre con itself made so much manna, and having not tested this in the wild yet, I decided, rather than not do that, I would also do that. So this deck can make Mana out the bossing. I will never now that I'm saying this, I'll never be short of Mana. Yeah oh yeah, okay, but I'm playing forty land in all this ramp like I probably will do okay, And even when we get into like the big Beater section, lots of those make big Mana two.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about this deck is it doesn't give a crap about things that cost two cmc right. It wants to go from one to three so it can play its commander on turn two, and then it wants to be four or greater to play all of the stuff that is four or greater.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so we've got that's funny.
Speaker 1: The first one is a two man archis yeah right, our cane signet, birds of Paradise.
Speaker 2: Carpet of flowers.
Speaker 3: But I have one.
Speaker 1: Sure that makes mana during your main phase equal to the number of islands somebody else has. Yes, we've got a cockslide extortionist.
Speaker 3: Which was uh, I felt confident putting this into a pre con given that is it is a pre con card.
Speaker 1: Sure, we've got a domri anarch of Bolus. You plus one him to add a red or green creature spells cast this turn can't be countered. Oh so he's like a three drop manadorc that gives your creatures plus one statically yep, and makes it so your creature.
Speaker 2: Can't be countered.
Speaker 3: And his minus two is a removal spell, because my indestructible five to four enchantments can fight your dudes and kill them without any kind of sure crackback, which is great.
Speaker 1: We've got an exploration, a gilded goose, a gruel signet an incubation druid, which taps for a man of any type that a land you couldn't control could produce. That's a not exotic.
Speaker 2: Orchard, that's forbidden orchard.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what's reflecting perflecting pool.
Speaker 2: Reflecting pool.
Speaker 1: And then if incubation druid has a plus one counter on it, you add three of that type instead, and it's got adapt three for five mana. You can pay five to put three plus ones on it. So then he's a beater two loady Cobra Prosperous Bandit.
Speaker 3: I like this guy. He's from the pre con. He's a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a raccoon, so maybe we'll see raccoon matters, right, And he's got offspring, so he puts a one to one.
Speaker 2: Token copy of himself onto the battlefield.
Speaker 3: Doesn't come in the pre con. When you buy the pre con has the tokens, it doesn't come with the Prosperous Bandit token, which I think sucks. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's too bad you didn't open like a whole booster box of the product to get them.
Speaker 3: Didn't get one.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it is rare from a pre con Maybe it doesn't have one.
Speaker 3: It does, oh it guys.
Speaker 2: When it deals combat damage to a player, create that many tapped treasure tokens. Yeah, so it hits you. It deals too, it's token hits you.
Speaker 3: It deals one, yes, and then you make three treasure. Yes, they're tapped, but still no, we've.
Speaker 1: Got to secure a tribe elder, a Sanctum Weaver, which is tapped for the number of enchantments you control.
Speaker 3: Because you know what Green needed is symptom. That's what they needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, that card's only two bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always in my head think that card can't be two bucks.
Speaker 2: I expected to see like a twelve or a twenty two. Yep, but it's two.
Speaker 3: It's two, and it's.
Speaker 1: From a modern Horizon set, which is like a specialty product, the booster packser works defensive.
Speaker 3: I think the two. I feel like there's a reprint of it somewhere, like it was on the list or it was in a whatever. But it's it's cheap and that's good. Go get one. They're they're a good card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sol Ring, Talisman of Impulse and another Raccoon I assume from the pre con.
Speaker 3: No this one was from the main set.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a two two for gruel whenever you expend four, and remember that's spend for Manna to cast spell during your.
Speaker 3: Turn, which you're gonna do every turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, starting on turn probably three to three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, whenever you expend four, put a plus one on him, and he also taps for a red or a green.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that card.
Speaker 3: This set, And I can say this like, this had so many cool manadorcs in it, Like there's ones like this guy that get bigger when you play stuff. There's other ones that gain you life, ones that make your other creature bigger. There's so many dorks that are good.
Speaker 2: It had so many rath cools.
Speaker 3: You're fired, No, you're fired.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are we gonna go next?
Speaker 3: Let's do the drawing stuff, Okay. And when I say draw stuff, I mean you're gonna get some kind of card advantage. When I say draw, I mean like if you're gonna search your library for something, that's card advantage, if you're gonna switch a card out of your hand, if you're gonna cascade into something, I just lump all that in with draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, card advantage. I like doing that too.
Speaker 1: When I sort my decks out, like either digitally or on the floor of my office. I do the same thing, like is this gonna make more cards than what it physically is. If the answer is yes, then it goes in the card advantage section.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, chim mill Oh, I remember this cau kim Willa inner son. Oh this is six drop. Yeah, okay, it's a legendary artifact.
Speaker 1: Spells you control can't be counter boom and at the beginning of your end step discover five. Yes, that's like cascade into a five drop.
Speaker 3: Or less, either into play or into my hand. It's also a four to four indestructible with haste that draws me a card when it hits you. That's key.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that is key.
Speaker 3: So rather than waiting until my well, I guess until my end step like a loser, I'm just going to hit you for four draw card and then do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I should play that in my cascade decade.
Speaker 3: Probably it's a good card.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that one. Oh, I know why I don't, because this one's twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Conquerors gaalleon.
Speaker 2: It's a two ten.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no, it's a four to four with haste and indestructible that draws me a card when it hits.
Speaker 1: You and when it attacks because you know it's going to take exactly when it attacks it, you exile it, and then you transform it into the land that does four things. Taps for colorless draw than discard, just draw for mana or return target card from your graveyar to your hand. Yeah, which you would never use because all your shit's indestructible. Okay, idol On of Blossoms. That's an enchantress etb's draw card.
Speaker 3: But it's also an enchantment so it's also a four to four destructible with has that draws me a card when it hits you.
Speaker 2: Yes Guardian Project.
Speaker 1: Whenever a non token creature enters battlefield if it doesn't match a name.
Speaker 3: Draw card, it's also a non token creature. That's a four to four instructible with a yes that draws me a card when it comes into play, and then draws me another card where it hits you.
Speaker 2: Slate of ancestry, tap discard your hand draw card for each creature you control, which is all of the things.
Speaker 3: That you were everything that I've played so far.
Speaker 2: Teffrey's puzzle box, which will draw you cards equal to the number of cards in your hand each turn. But you got to like discard first.
Speaker 3: Don't you take your hand and you put it on the bottom, draw that many Oh yeah yeah, people hate that card, but I really like it, so in it goes.
Speaker 1: Ah. I like it in decks where you really need to find a certain thing that you might have, like redundancies of right and the more you have the better. And if oh, just run Demonic Tutor, Yeah, well I could, but I could only find like one version of that thing, like if I want my Damage Doubler or my Damage Tripler, which is kind of foreshadowing for this deck. Teffrey's puzzle Box is good because I can play it and maybe find two or three versions.
Speaker 2: Of the thing I want. Yeah, yeah, I like it for that reason.
Speaker 3: I like that too. Also I have a cool one from a secret layer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, we've got a Wand of Wonder. You can read this frickin' thing.
Speaker 3: Wand of Wonder is a four to four for four that has Hasten indestructible and whenever it hits you, it draws me a card. But it also has four tap roll the d twenty. Each opponent exiles cards on the top of their library until they get an instant or a sorcery. Then, based on the number I have rolled on the D twenty, I get to play some of those cards for free.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Now, typically what I like about this is because I'm kind of light on, like spot removal or or like just straight up kill it dude.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So what I use wand of Wonder for is I'll hopefully mill in to somebody's path or swords or assassin's trophy or whatever to conker Blocker out of there. That's what I use that for. And I've found I've actually really good results with it. I've had I've had really good luck playing that. Instead of me playing Removal of my own and having to dilute my own deck, I'll just play yours. Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, screw it.
Speaker 3: Works out good.
Speaker 2: I'm just playing dudes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all dudes, all dudes, all the time. Dudes that don't die when I play your Wrath of God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna see that a second. Next up, we've got weather Light. This is another vehicle four five, but it's actually a four to four.
Speaker 3: That's right, with indestructible and haste.
Speaker 1: And this one has flying flying and when it deals combat damage to a player.
Speaker 2: Look at the top five cards of your library.
Speaker 1: You can reveal a historic card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom in a random marder. So we're just gonna get a thing, yes, which is fine. It's like that's like drawing a second card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you get to choose, that's right. But you might miss. That's fine. We're still hit you for four in the air. That's pretty good. Yep.
Speaker 1: Last one, wild Sear Scouring Maw. This is the backup commander for this pre content.
Speaker 3: It is and we actually got a deck submitted of this, which is kind of neat. It was like a Vultron version of the deck. It was pretty cool, but I just didn't I just really wanted to do this one.
Speaker 1: Well you can imagine what that deck looks like, because this says six to six trampler for five.
Speaker 2: Enchantment. Spells you cast from your hand.
Speaker 1: Have cascade boom, So you would cast a a like a an aura to pump it and then cascade into a second aura to pump it.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: That's what you do with this.
Speaker 3: Yes, And since I can't play auras in this deck, I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you play enchantment spells from your hand?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, kill spells. Let's talk about killing stuff.
Speaker 2: Kill spells whole baby. Okay.
Speaker 1: And this is where we could start to think about the idea of like, what does the deck actually do?
Speaker 2: Is this an agro deck?
Speaker 1: Am I trying to just farm enchantments and just make a wall of four fours? Am I trying to strategically play enchantments that stop my opponent from doing stuff that act as a wind con? If I have my commander and I'm gonna read this first one and I'm gonna say a word, and some people are gonna shut the show off, I would encourage you not to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, don't turn the show off.
Speaker 2: Ether Flash Yeah, red red two.
Speaker 1: Whenever a creature comes into play, ether Flash deals too damage to it. Yes, And this would go into a build that kind of focuses on lockdown or stacks of bellow, And that's not what we're doing with this one. But this card is kind of the first hint that you could do that.
Speaker 3: You could And here's why I'm playing it one. It's a four to four indestructible with haste that draws me a card for four. That's the number one reason why I'm playing it. The number two reason I'm playing it is decks like this where I'm lacking in trample and I'm looking for ways to give trample that are at four on an enchantment, but I don't have any in my binders, so I'll have to like look at the internet maybe to find one, or if you know one, comment down below and let me know.
Speaker 1: So that costs four because there's haste enablers trampleer enablers at three and like multiples, right, mass hysteria and fervor and fires of ya a maaya. There's a bunch of stuff that does that, but they all cost one or three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're all and having a haste enable It doesn't mean anything. Yeah, but trample is important. And if you're playing a bunch of like tokens or dork sapling tokens, plant tokens, whatever, my four fours aren't gonna draw me cards and they're not gonna do damage to you because you're chump blocking them. Ether flash kind of stops that because when your little guys come into play, they eat shit, and if they've eaten shit, then they can't block. That's just science.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: Speaking of science, we've got blasphemous act, we've got chain reaction.
Speaker 2: Those are both going to kill all things.
Speaker 3: Except for my things because they're indestructible. Of course, that turns them not into creatures anymore. But then I have to use the massive amounts of manna that I can make to just replay bellow.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's fine.
Speaker 1: We've got a creeping corrosion that's going to destroy all artifacts.
Speaker 2: What else do we have that destroys everything?
Speaker 3: We have a shatter store ye does the exact same thing as creeping corrosion, except it's red. And we're playing the Season of Gathering because I opened one in my box and I really like it.
Speaker 1: That's the green season where you choose up to five paw prints, yes, and one pop print.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could do this five times.
Speaker 1: Is put a plus one on a creature you control against vigilance and trample till end of turn, which.
Speaker 2: Is great for trample. Pretty good, yep, yep. Two pause, you could do this two times.
Speaker 1: Choose artifact or enchantment, destroy all permanents of the chosen type, right, so that's the sweeperness of it.
Speaker 2: Or three pause.
Speaker 1: You could do this once in combination with other paws and draw cards equal to the greatest power among creatures you control four, five or six, four or six by the looks of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all, so we've got a here we go again.
Speaker 3: There's two cards in here that I played. I was actually I was talking to f you Thomas recently, just not about this dectually.
Speaker 2: He plays this card because he hates blue.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like blue, and I was like, okay, you know what I own one of these, I'm gonna play it. It's hint. It's a hint to what we're gonna be opening together on Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is choke, choke, choke, and you've got an invocation choke, which is cool. Yeah, so islands don't untap during their controllers untapped steps, and a lot of people are gonna say, oh yeah, fuck blue choke there now you know.
Speaker 3: Now, you now, now you can do that, and we're gonna do that again later. Look at this.
Speaker 1: One praying line. This is a four drop artifact. When frang line enters a battlefield, put a rope counter I remember this card rope counter on target creature you control. Yep, okay, so bello. Sure at the beginning of each player's up key that player may pay two if they do they put a rope counter on a creature they control, yes, okay. Otherwise exile frame line and each creature without a rope counter on it. Then remove all rope counter from all creatures. Yes, so you exile all things that aren't it tethered.
Speaker 3: Yes, that don't have a rope hanging on like a solid rope in the hole.
Speaker 2: What a stupid card.
Speaker 3: It is a stupid card. Remember it's a four to four in destructible with haste that draws me a card, and the only creature that I'm probably gonna have that I give a shit about on my opponent's turns is below and he's already got his counter. So everybody else has to keep paying, and so do why I have to pay two into it as well, But again, I make a lot of manna, and if somebody else triggers it, it's just gonna get everybody but me, right, because I only have like my creatures safe from it, and I don't care about my mana dorks probably, So it's it's a good card. I think that in this deck, I'm gonna get some some work out of it.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of card that it's like, I'll never know what it does. Yep, I'll just be like every single time.
Speaker 3: Can you read that again?
Speaker 2: Okay? What does it do when you do this? Does my guy die every time?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay, Well here's a good one.
Speaker 2: This is a I'm gonna read the oracle text.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna read this is This is an enchantment for Green Green six from Alliances.
Speaker 3: This is one of those ones where I was talking you can just play junk. I've had this card in my binder and my copy is beat to shit and it looks like crap. But I've just never found a deck for it to go in. But now that it's a four to four indestructible with haste, that draws me a card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nature's wrath at the beginning of your upkeep sacrifice Nature's wrath unless you pay green. Whenever a player puts an island or Blue Permanent onto the battlefield, you scusbig wait for it, wait for it island or Blue Permanent onto the battlefield. That player sacrifices an island or blue permanent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever a player puts a swamp or a black permanent onto the battlefield, that player sacrifices a swamp or black permanent.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, and remember it's a four to four instructible with haste.
Speaker 2: That I freaking everything we know about that card.
Speaker 3: I love that card. Oh that's good. And we've got a sovereign What is a sky Sovereign console flagship? Yep, it could be a six ' five, but it's not. It's a four to four with flying and haste and indestructible, and when it attacks it deals three damage to target creature or planes walker and opponent controls.
Speaker 2: And when it enters the battlefield. I always, I always, people always forget about that.
Speaker 3: One shitty both. That's why it's a mythic instead of just a regular rare. This card's good.
Speaker 2: This card's even good in EDH I played my vehicle's deck.
Speaker 1: It gets guys nearly every time and remembers kept flying, so you can always attack with it sort of. Yeah, and it's there's always three drop guys on the battlefield or planes walkers. It's just like a yell kill your guy. What do you mean yeah? Does it when it attacks too?
Speaker 3: And they're like what, oh, remember has haste? Yes, So now it comes in does three attacks? Yeah, Moore, we've got a stranglehold that stops you from searching their libraries or taking extra turns. And it's a four four destructible and we've got a land in here. Oh, because I like this land a lot, and I wanted to make a point of talking about it because I actually have seen this go off. I've been watching some content they've been planned. I've seen this card do a lot of heavy lifting.
Speaker 2: Talent Gates of Madara.
Speaker 3: That's where Nick Boleis lives, right, No, that's.
Speaker 2: Where his spark ignited.
Speaker 1: He fought like a kraken there like twenty thousand years ago, and that's where he became a planes walker. Okay, yeah, there's planes chase cards of this card.
Speaker 3: Neat Yeah, neat. So when it comes into play, Target Creature phases out. Oh, and it has tapped at a colorless or one and tapped at a man of any color and four put it from your hand into play. So it's like an instant spell for four phase out target Creature for foremt oh your.
Speaker 2: Guy to save them they're blockers, so you can kill them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's a that's a good card and it does a lot of work. And it's a little on the expensive side still, uh, because I think it was in the l draz pre Con. I think sure, but it's so it's a few bucks. But I mean, if you got one, or if you bought that deck, don't don't sleep on this card. It's a good one. And the last one is also a good one.
Speaker 2: Titania's song. You know what this card does or do?
Speaker 1: I gotta like read the frickin' got to read the oracle text.
Speaker 3: All non creature artifacts turn into creatures. Their power and toughness are equal to their manecosts. Oh so it kills treasure tokens. It kills everything that isn't Yeah. What's unique about this one is if you kill it, it lasts until the end of turn.
Speaker 2: Hmm. This effect continues until end of turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like, if you kill it, your treasures don't immediately turn back into Like if you kill it and then play a dog side, all those treasures are gonna die, right, You gotta wait until the end of the turn that the song died and again. This is another car that I've been sitting on. I got this just piece of crap copy of it, but it's a four or four indestructible haste that draws me up.
Speaker 1: It feels like a little bit of a non bow with some of your treasure ramp. And also each non creature artifact loses it's like, loses all its abilities and is a creature equal to its man of value. It kind of it could make some of your guys bigger, like your five drops and six drop artifacts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting it's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: I think. And if it doesn't work out, cut it.
Speaker 2: Now. This is what we all came for.
Speaker 3: These are the big beefy beaters that beat with beef. Does that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Math checks out?
Speaker 3: Ye get math checks out.
Speaker 2: Okay. Some of these will be able to fly through.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Some of these are easy. Some of these are not so much.
Speaker 2: I'll do some quick hits for us. Okay, okay. We got a Thran Dynamo that's a four drop Manarroc.
Speaker 1: Now we've got a We've got a Heedron Archive that's a four drop Manarroc. We've got a Gilded Lotus five drop Manarroc four drop Manarrock sort of in gearport Orri that lets us play extra lands.
Speaker 3: For the record, Why am I playing that because I got it mixed up with the other Orry that lets me play at instant speed and I haven't switched off all that should be a adalcon Ri. I do play that card, though I do too. It's by my favorite magic artist as well, Gibled.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: We've got a Dreamstonehedron that's a six drop Manarroc.
Speaker 2: We've got a Chromatic Orry which is a seven yeah, baby, and then.
Speaker 1: We've got an Uncle Brando special from the pre show. This is Bootleggers stash Lands. You control have tap create a treasure token which would die if you had a Titanious song.
Speaker 3: Oh that is correct, but it's also a four to four destructible with haste.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's look at some of the things that aren't those, and even some of these we could go fast, like Unnatural Growth that's a five drop enchantment that at the beginning of each mother ass combat double the power and toughness of each creature you control until.
Speaker 2: End of turn.
Speaker 3: So those four fours I've been touting now they're eight eighths. Yes, sir, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: Hey, you ever heard of this card?
Speaker 3: Don't? Now? I think Ryan, I'm gonna I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: This is tech.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this is super secret tech. Not many people know about this. I think I've cracked the code, and I think this card finally worth playing in your dh X.
Speaker 2: The Great Hinge. Yeah, baby, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not too bad. Hey, now that it's a now that it's a four to four with haste and indestructible that you know draws your card, it hit somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For for nine mana?
Speaker 3: Does it also put a counter on itself and draw card when it comes into play because you know now that it does that broken?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, this is a This is a nine man of artifact green green seven and it costs X less, where X is the greatest power Munk creature control. You can tap it to add to and gain two life. Whenever a non token creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a plus one plus one counter on it and draw a card.
Speaker 3: Ye, so does it? Would it trigger itself.
Speaker 2: If it's entering as a creature? Does it see itself. It it should it.
Speaker 3: Should it should my head think. My brain says that it does, which means it comes into play as a five to five that draws your card and taps for Mana in life immediately. Because that's like, if this card wasn't good enough, put it in bellow and.
Speaker 1: As if, as if Bello gives haste hate to make the Great Henge better.
Speaker 2: Because because if you make the Great.
Speaker 1: Hange enter as a as a creature, it can't tap and pay for itself when you cast it.
Speaker 2: But Bello's like, oh no, got a fucking haste, bro, It's fine.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Yeah, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Oh so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, another Uncle Brando special Solemn Simulac.
Speaker 1: I hate this card bTB search for a basic dies draw card.
Speaker 3: It's also a four to four instructible is of a shitty two two.
Speaker 2: Rolling hand smear.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, four to four vehicle for seven rolling ham smear gets plus one for each.
Speaker 2: Hamster you control. I know, I know, okay for each hamster you control. Okay. Whenever Rolling ham Sphere attacks create three one one red hamster creature tokens, then it deals x damage to target wait a second, this is just.
Speaker 3: It's mere battle feel this in the it and I really like this card a lot.
Speaker 1: I was halfway through read like I read that first line plus one plus one for okay, why does he play mere battle sphere.
Speaker 3: Because this is fricking it, because this is already mere battle sphere.
Speaker 2: But somebody could get in and drive this.
Speaker 3: Yes, squirrels can get in and drive this, but they don't have to because it's already a four four.
Speaker 2: Yes right.
Speaker 3: It doesn't get bigger, doesn't get smaller, it's just already a four four.
Speaker 2: Paradox Zone enters a battlefield with growth counter on it.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of your end step, double the number of growth counters on it, and then create an xx green and blue flat fractal creature token power toughness equal to the number of growth.
Speaker 2: Counters on it.
Speaker 3: One of the weaknesses of this deck that I'm trying to kind of plug with you don't put my finger in the hole, is it doesn't have blockers because my stuff turns back into enchanlenge, so not my turn. So I need things like the Hamsphere and that card there just to like make me some tokens.
Speaker 2: To block with yes, no, block only fist well, no, bumb just fisted.
Speaker 3: Probably, yes, but I mean you know you gotta you gotta.
Speaker 2: Do stuff, yeah, with other people's bums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your fist. Yes, notions.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's our second kind of stacks card, Uncle braand a you dirty piece of Nature's will? Okay, Green Green two whenever one or more creatures you control deal comba damage to a player. Untap all lands Oh no sorry, tap all lands that player controls and untap all lands you control.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 3: So that's one of those cards that like, it doesn't do enough. In my opinion, it doesn't do enough to really play it. But if I can also hurt you with it, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Horde Hauler four Drop five to five trampler deals combat damage to a player, create a treasure token for each artifact they control.
Speaker 3: That's neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like dock Side number two gratuitous violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, creature you control with deal damage, it deals double that damage. And and we're also playing Fiery Emancipation.
Speaker 2: That's a tripler, Yes it is. That's that's a tripler.
Speaker 1: And people can kind of confuse that one as being like a do nothing for six. But now it makes it so it's a six drop creature with haste, and it attacks.
Speaker 3: For eight twelve twelve, sorry, twelve twelve.
Speaker 2: Gratuitous violence attacks for eight.
Speaker 3: Yes, Chris tuitis violence attacks for eight. Those those cards aren't. I wouldn't argue that they're they're do nothings because they they It's not like you're gonna play it like a furnace of wrath and then immediately eat shit because all your opponents deal double damage too. They're just for you. But typically they're a setup, right you, you've telegraphed your move. I'm gonna untap and then do something that's gonna do a lot of damage so they have a chance to stop you or is here You're gonna at least get to swing one time and do big damage to something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do big damage and gratuitous violence to the fly that's flying.
Speaker 2: Around in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Glorious sunrise, let's pound through these because editor Joe's gonna get angry at us, Okay, fricking editor Joe Hay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, May is such a nice guy. Yeah, he's lucky.
Speaker 2: He posted a video the other day Birdie Train. He got like four birdies in a row or something.
Speaker 3: He plays golf, frisbee golf?
Speaker 2: Remember what?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, nothing, okay.
Speaker 2: Freaking Uncle Branda. Glorious Sunrise. I have a glorious sunrise in my pants every morning.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of your when combat on your turn, choose one creatures you control, gain thick Daddy, and trample till end of turn.
Speaker 3: Found one.
Speaker 2: There you go, target Land gains add three draw card if you control a creature with power.
Speaker 3: Three, which is in fact, glorious Sunrise.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, or gain three freaking shitty.
Speaker 3: Like, why would I do that? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Maybe I have to because people are attacking me and I need that.
Speaker 2: Yep. Similar to this.
Speaker 1: When it enters the battlefield, this is Frontier siege. You choose cons or dragons, and you choose cons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cons is at the beginning of your main phase. You get green.
Speaker 2: Dragons is flying each of.
Speaker 3: Your main phases. Oh yeah, the frontier seeds real good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you get green during each of your main phase. Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we've got a Seekish Chariot ETBs gives you two cat tokens and is a four to four vehicle, and when it attacks, you create a token that's a copy of a.
Speaker 2: Token you control.
Speaker 3: So it gives you three cats.
Speaker 1: This gives you blockers. We've got a berserkers onslaught. Yeah, attacking creatures you control have double strike, so good. This is another like damage doubler, right, yes, but it's even better with your actual damage doublers because it'll actually quadruple. Yeah, because they'll hit for double once, then they'll hit for double again.
Speaker 3: A gay Okay, yes, I like that.
Speaker 1: Lots and final card in the deck, Uncle Brando Frickin' Special.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, one of my favorite cards in all of magic. And we've already stay in the way. Can makes so much, Manu, what are you gonna do with it? Genwave for one hundred.
Speaker 1: Baby, I've lost to an Uncle Brando Genwave, and if you've played against him, I'm willing to bet.
Speaker 2: You have two.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tip, I think that that's the card that when I resolve and I win the most games. And maybe that's true for everybody, but I've found in my particular case, if I resolve Genwave for like eight or nine, I just win the game outright from it.
Speaker 2: I wonder what car I've won the most games with.
Speaker 3: But I will I would go on a limb and say I have won the most games with Genesis Wave out of any card or for any other card that I play, except maybe for brash Taunto.
Speaker 1: I bet you the card that I've won the game with the most is probably Balthoor the Defiled. He's a commander in a deck that cares about the graveyard, and he's a little bit comboy. I've probably won the game with Balthor more times than any other card checks out. And because I've had that deck for like ten years.
Speaker 3: Yes. Also, and I've been playing Genesis Wave since it came out. Yeah, so same kind of giving. So that's the deck, the whole deck.
Speaker 2: That's the deck. Let's move on to a couple things I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, we could.
Speaker 2: Have a couple different build paths.
Speaker 3: We could do the go wide thing, which is I think is what I've done.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So we could do the aggro go wide big damage thing. Yep, you're kind of occupying the go wide and the go tallness of it because your creatures are all big contingent upon your commander, which is no protection for correct but big manna to be able to play it again and again.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, that's good. We could do the stacks wrote where we've got strangleholds and ether flashes and things like City of Solitude and smoke Uphill Battle Crawl Space. Yep, but those don't cost.
Speaker 3: Four if they don't turn into dudes for me.
Speaker 2: So we would have to find kind of pseudo stax pieces that become indestructible beaters that lock our opponents out from doing stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's pretty cool. There's like the there's a god god, Pharaoh's statue or something that costs six that makes your spells cost two more. Yea, there's there's like Forraz's Farras's ban Is that the one it's an artifact that costs six that makes it so you can't play creature spells. Yes, right, Like there's lots of stuff out there like that you could put in. But I I didn't want to go with the stacks. Like I said, this is believe it or not. This is my fifth grule deck, and I already have a Stax one.
Speaker 1: I got one more idea you.
Speaker 2: Could through just like.
Speaker 1: Playing all enchantments artifacts and your commander being the only creature and like token enablers like the equipments and stuffy or like the vehicles and stuff. You could play some of the red polymorph effects and search down or like warp world effects, but you got to warp down to the same permanent type where you warp away your commander. Let's say you don't want your guys to be creatures anymore. Or let's say you have a token you warp away from your commander down to your ula mag or your your Coslek or whatever some annihilator fatty or take an extra turn type guy or your blight steel and cheat it into play like at fore Mana, which is right where.
Speaker 3: You want to be.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's pretty good. You could do that.
Speaker 3: I could do some greasy shit like that.
Speaker 2: I could do that, Yes, and you might want to do that in the case where oh.
Speaker 3: I couldn't use blight steel because it turned him into a four to four.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing. If you use the polymorph effect on your command, you get your blight.
Speaker 1: Steel and then it hits for eleven in fact or whatever, right because you are have like haste enablers or whatever in the deck, or haste and trample.
Speaker 2: Enablers in the deck. Yep, yeah, so you could do that kind of stuff and that leads me to my strength.
Speaker 1: Yes, in addition to being the new hotness and a new creature type that I want to see more of, raccoon raccoons, because come on, trash Panda and you're playing garbage and they and I want to see the creature type give us like a reason to play frickin' trash cards.
Speaker 3: And this one does that, Like I could. What's the one that a Mirror March creature comes into play with flip coins and then you make copies of the creature, Uncle, Mirror March could make more Mirror marches, and now you've got two or three mirror Marches and you play another enchantment that's a dude and you flip, Yeah, it's an event. It's your glorious sunrise. So you can pick all my dudes, get plus one plus one and trample four or five times in a turn like that could be fun, right, I'm putting Mirror March in here when I get home. I don't know why the hell is not in here already. I could play Possibility Storm in here. That would be a good polymorph target.
Speaker 1: And that kind of leads into that stax or red chaos kind of thing where it's like, oh, you guys can't do anything. What everything I do is afore for and you could make that. You could make that into like the trash Panda chaos deck, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I already kind of do with nourn which is why I kind of that's why I didn't put Possibility Storm in this deck. Yeah, is I'm already playing it in a couple and it's like, well, I don't want all my decks to play all the same shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But the strength that I'm trying to highlight here is.
Speaker 1: Many, many, many build paths, lots of different things that you could do based on just like what chunk of cards do you want to use, right, because they all have this flavor or some stratagem that they help you enact, but they are also your wind condition in that where lots of times stax decks, Pillofort decks, chaos decks don't have a way to win.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna make my opponent scoop because that's how I win.
Speaker 1: That's so that's so frustrating to play against, and nobody likes playing against that. But if you can do that and demonstrate like I'm gonna deal fifty to you next turn and you only had to wait one turn of not being able to.
Speaker 2: Cast your stuff. I'm okay with that. Yeah, so I like all of that.
Speaker 3: The weaknesses the weaknesses.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, four fours are they good enough?
Speaker 3: Hard to say, especially when they're coming out, like I'm gonna say on curve or above, like you gotta pay four, then you gotta pay four, you gotta pay four. How many times can you do that in a turn before you either run out of cards or just are they big enough to get over your opponent's stuff. So being aggressive with the deck is both in a strength and a weakness because it is very aggressive. But if your opponent gets the shields up, you're gonna have a hard time punching.
Speaker 1: Through and really best damage, the best you can offer is a four to four where late game, your opponents are gonna have six sixes and ten tens and guys that have flying or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, And what we talked about earlier is like you don't have anything to protect yourself with for the most part.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: You can crew the vehicles, right, that's a thing, Like you can crew your vehicles and turn them into blockers. If you haven't attacked with them, if you have token creatures to set up crew, right or whatever. So defending yourself is not necessarily the easiest thing.
Speaker 1: Well, raccoon can crew maybe, right, Yeah, he can crew most of the vehicles.
Speaker 2: No blockers, that's the weakness.
Speaker 3: Yes, But the lack of defense in the deck is verre like. It's got card advantage, it's got big man, it's got lots of attack capability to be aggressive, but it doesn't have the defense for the crack back. If people, oh man brandles the threat because he has all these crazy enchetments and then yeah, just get your face kicked in.
Speaker 1: Because you can drop fiery emancipation and swing in with everything to like you do that alpha strike where you have to elfa strike first to get rid of everybody's blockers and then your nuts to the wind. You hope you survive so you can crack in again because they couldn't rebuild, and that's how you win. But that takes a turn cycle to like attack sweep, which made that up.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got one here that is a little bit harder to parse. Especially for new players that want to do all of the things. Oh, I've got this ether flash, I've got this stranglehold, I've got a possibility storm. But I've got my blight Steel and my polymorph and all the stuff. When you try to do too much. This is the kind of deck that you would try to do too much in.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want.
Speaker 1: To do the agropath, and I want to do the damage doubler and tripler thing, and I want to do this and this, and then not only does your deck not really do anything, it's a jack of all trades, a master of none, but also you've spent all of this money and completely changed the pre con now and it won't hum the way that the deck is supposed to hum, like we talked about in the pre show yesterday, where you tweak the deck to kind of do the things you wanted to do, but you've actually made it worse because you're not focusing in on like the needle through the heart of the strategy, right. And I think that that's a trap that a lot of new players get into when they start tweaking their first pre cons, as they make it too up touse and too different and too.
Speaker 2: Wide of a variety of strategies.
Speaker 3: Which is I think that's becoming a weakness of the format. If I can say because doing that now makes your deck I don't want to say suck because that's not the word, because if you're happy with your deck, then it's good. But if you're looking at it from a strict you're gonna win games standpoint, it kind of sucks that you can't just throw together like a pile of shit that makes you happy and actually go out and win games with it like you used to. You know, like even some of the decks that I've done that with that, I've had to cut some of that kind of zany stuff to add removal. You didn't add populum on that, right, you got to cut a few cards from every deck to add removal and interaction because everybody else is doing that and as new players are coming on board to the format. This is the kind of pre con that you're that you're sitting with. This is what this is the entry position. This is the baseline that everybody has, and if you're not at least competing on that level, you're not going to do very well at games. If that is in fact your goal. I was meaning to talk to you about it. Maybe you guys can comment down in the in the comments, but if you want to see this, we got a apparently true group hug deck. It's the true pug. It gets second all the time because it doesn't win.
Speaker 2: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: We got a group hug deck submitted because I said group hug doesn't exist. Well, I understand, and a member of the nation said, so if you want to see us the challenge has been thrown. Apparently doesn't true group hug exist. If you guys want to see that, let us know in the comments below. We have the list put aside. I have it bookmarked. I'm looking at it fairly often to see.
Speaker 2: Supposed to not win, it's supposed to get sick.
Speaker 3: It's just supposed to help everybody else do the thing, and then he dies last. That's the plan. Okay, Well, so let's take it.
Speaker 1: I guess if people are interested in that and one are are really in depth thought on group hub, right, because like I mean, we could break down the deck in a few minutes and then talk about what it kind of means.
Speaker 2: But would you recommend this pre con yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you wanted to buy the cards sixty five US dollars. If you were going to just go out and buy them, you could probably find it. And I and I know that you can get pre cons at Fusion Gaming online dot com.
Speaker 3: For five percent off of CCO Summer.
Speaker 2: CCO Summer Promo code is going to get you five percent off.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to buy all of them at once CEO Perks promo code because you're going to spend more than a hundred bucks, you're gonna get ten percent off.
Speaker 3: That's or ten percent back YEF ten percent back.
Speaker 2: There you go and you can pick it up.
Speaker 1: That way, you can modify, you can spend a few bucks like maybe Uncle Brando did, or just play the chaff that you have in your binder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this is a deck that can do that. You can trash Panda yourself a deck that's unique and play some ridiculous stuff. I did a search on just like enchantments in grule that cost four or more. There's some stinkers, man Like, there's some bad cards, but but they're not bad when they're four fours with haste that are indestructible, that draw you a cart.
Speaker 1: I think that we're underestimating how important indestructible is on my own turn when I have sweepers and I can attack with impunity. Ye right, I think that that is such a strength of this deck that I didn't even mention.
Speaker 3: But having a four fours there going to attack and not die, not to shake a stick at.
Speaker 1: And you know what the last thing I'll say before we get out of here is, I'm looking at the deck list, the native deck list stock. It plays a lot of the same stuff that you already have in the deck, and I think if you want to like get a thirty five or forty dollars kind of gruel intro aggro card draw, fill up that whole space, go wide and go tall that whole box, this is a good way to do it. And if you've got like CEO Stinkers just classic pieces of crap that you want to play, is the way to do it. So again, head on out Fusion Gaming online dot com pick it up.
Speaker 2: Final thought of the day on.
Speaker 3: Of the day. I think that this is a fantastic deck as I'm I think we said this on our pre con review earlier this month. Great pre cons, They're very good this time. I think that they're all worth picking up, especially this one, because it does allow you to just play the.
Speaker 1: Trash unless you're a squirrel player, because then you're like, well, my squirrel deck's better.
Speaker 3: Yeah it might be, but you know what, get beet bet squirrel guy. No king shaming in the nation, but get bent. The point is these are great decks. I hope that you enjoy listening to my upgrade suggestions and stuff. If you have anything that you think that I should put in here just to stink up the joint, I would love to do that. Let me know in the comments below, or get out get at me on CEO Brando on Twitter, or ceco right on Twitter. If you want to see some other stuff that's really good, follow us, follow the long check out Patreon Sports show. Thank you all very much for being here. We are going to be back next week on a very exciting episode of Commander cook Out podcast. Asked in our Things