Speaker 1: One Tuesday night, the.
Speaker 2: Welcome in postgame here after the Clippers take down the Brooklyn that's one fifteen to one to six in San Diego. Postgame coming up. Not taking phone calls tonight, it's still the preseason, but I will be here looking in the chat, responding to you guys, and of course Carlo Jimenez will join me as well here on the postgame show. After the Clippers are victorious for the first time this season. You could say, I know it's preseason, but we'll take it anyway we can get it. Some nice performances overall. I thought Kay Jones had a really nice bounce back performance. Granted you have to take a level of competition into account, but still good to see the Clippers get the victory. Good to see the young guys thrive late. Now the Clippers now their first preseason victory. They win one fifteen to one oh six. Here in San Diego in Ocean Side at Front Wave Arena. Welcome into your post game show. I'm at a Maslin Coming up, we'll get to your post game box score, some highlights for you and more. But right now we're rejoined by your radio voice of the Clippers and Carlo Jimenez. Carlo, we talked about it. The Clippers got off to a quick start. We're up as many as eighteen, found themselves down three at the half. But as the starters were taken out of this game, you saw the competitive spirit of the young guys who had a lot to play for, and I thought, overall, execute the game plan. Coach Lou was looking for a lot of driving, kick, late making. Things happened getting downhill, getting to the basket, and we got to see a fun ball game down the stretch. I think for Clipper Nation here in San Diego.
Speaker 3: It was such a fun brand of basketball to watch. I mean we talked about on the broadcast at him, but sixteen assists for those final five guys, the starters had to combined six assists. You want to talk about kicking and driving, moving the rocketting everybody involved. I mean five assists for Kobe Brown's seven, bro Donnis Williams, their point guard. I thought they played the best part of the basketball game late. I'm sure Paul Hewitt is stoked, the San Diego Clippers head coach, to see how well that group performed together. And if this is their new home, I think that's a great first time to play in it.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Kyle Jones. I thought this was a big bounce back performance from him. He just didn't look to be in rhythm in Hawaii. It was his first game and some time there was maybe a little bit of deer in the headlights going on. The game was moving too fast. It slowed down for him. While he was moving faster than the opposition and his teammates, We're finding him over and over again and rewarding the hustle plays with the rebounding, the blocks, redirecting shots at the rim, and it ended up with ali oops on the other end to.
Speaker 3: Katchos Kai Jones six for eight and he had six dunks. Adam Auson six dunks. Highest percent of shot in basketball is a dunk. He was excellent today. Five rebounds, that one block. But how many times did we see an imposing Brooklyn guard drive into the thick of the defense, and because Kai Jones is in the area, all of a sudden, they don't shoot, They swing the ball or the shot is a little more arc on it and then it ends up being a little short. I thought his presence alone affected so many shots for this Brooklyn team. It really came up big down the stretch. Fun to see Kai Jones have such an explosive game twenty two minutes in this one. He played the most minutes of any Clipper, and I think he was the most efficient of any Clipper as well.
Speaker 2: Love seeing young guys like that take advantage of a big opportunity. Nobobaba in this game once again, you knew he'd play heavy menace and it didn't seem The wind is there, the oxygen take is full. That track and field background plays well with Kay Jones out here on the NBA court. It's just getting a better feel for the game, and he was able to show off what he's capable of tonight. Really impressed with him. Some of the other guys. Kobe Brown played twenty minutes, struggled at times as many Clippers did in the turnover department, but was able to play a little bit of two man game and also scrap for a putback bucket. Lnated this whereas the Clippers were starting to pull away a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he directed the offense well, finished the game with five assists, didn't turn it over three times, but forced four steals. So the defense, the active hands and that's huge for Kobe Brown. I thought that whole group at him to close the game. I mean just excellent ball, movement, excellent play. They really took it seriously and dominated Brooklyn at the end. I mean, you have to give Brooklyn some slack. That's a group that is playing at now one am Eastern as this game really snail pace to the end, but fun to watch. The Slippers young cores put together a strong, strong fifteen minutes to close the bucks you mentioned early on.
Speaker 2: But Altis Williams at his ten points and really energy he provided. There was a spark from him in that third quarter, making the hustle plays, rewarding guys like Kai Jones fur in the floor. And then in the fourth he started to get some buckets as well as well, whether he was generating them at the basket through hustle plays, second chance opportunities, or knocking down a.
Speaker 3: Three seven assists, three offensive rebounds, and six rebounds to close the book for the six to four guard out of wake Forest. By way of true, I mean, this is someone who started his career at JUCO at Triton College, then he goes two years at Oklahoma where it didn't really do a lot of average about seven points both these years, all of a sudden transfers to wake Forest and he's the ACC player of the year, averages nineteen points a game. Maybe a little bit of a late bloomer, but somebody who made a big impact on the back of his triceps. Adam, He's got man Man Man tattooed on one tricep, man tattoo on the other tricep, and he played like a grown man here today.
Speaker 2: I like man Man, Bam Bam man Man. I like it'mates coin Clippers win one fifteen to one oh six. We'll talk about the starters and Terrence Man on the other side here, but wanted to show the young guys some love as they pulled the Clippers through for this victory where they were leading eighty three to seventy six heading into the fourth quarter, and they ended up outscoring the Brooklyn Nets thirty two to thirty the final twelve minutes from ocean side San Diego. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. Is your Clippers postgame show as they win one fifteen to one oh six in preseason game number two over the Brooklyn Nets. I'm out a maaza with Carlo Jimenez. Talk to you on the other side right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: What up, guys.
Speaker 2: Good to see you guys. I can't keep up with all the comments here, good lord, I can keep up with Jordan Miller, Jordan Miller, Jordan.
Speaker 1: Miller, Jory Miller, Jordan Miller, Miller, Jordan Miller, Miller.
Speaker 2: Time is the best time. He should be a part of the rotation. Done is okay? Let's talk about him coming up a little bit. First game back in San Diego County. Big Vic says that who's this Enrico? It is really good rooting for clips with or without my favorite baller, Kawhi New Zealand. That's awesome. Uh, our friend from Japan, good Win, But it's dj okay. Looking for an update on Derek Jones Junior a concussion.
Speaker 1: He's the discussion.
Speaker 2: He was out for the game. Yeah, took a hit. We never saw obviously, no replays. This game was pretty much as close as you get to a radio exclusive. I know Clipper's court vision was up and some of you were watching it there. William Blast always starts with peace Adam, and it throws me off because I think he's leaving, but it's actually his greeting programming. Note, guys, when we finish here. On the radio side, we're currently on the Patriot AM eleven fifty and on the YouTube obviously, but Carlo has agreed to take the keys because I'm drunk with happiness with this Clippers victory and he's gonna drive home, so that means I can jump on and do some Clippers talk after dark with Carlo as we drive up north back to LA from San Diego. So there will probably be about a twenty minute break in between starting up a new episode a new live stream on here. Maybe I could just keep it in the xact same spot. I think that might actually work. So anyways, if you guys want that extended post game with some Clippers talk as we're driving back to LA, I'll see if I can hook up to my phone with the hotspot and make it happen for you. Ex. Mangio Projects and eighty two and oh season here we come. I wish we could get a postgame bop score. Clippers are victorious back in San Diego, like it's nineteen seventy eight. They win here at Frontwave Arena, the new g League facility for the San Diego Clippers. Your Los Angeles Clippers win one fifteen to one oh six over the Brooklyn Nets in preseason game number two. Welcome back into your postgame show. I'm Adam Moslin. Coming up. We'll get to some highlights, but we'll have more with Carlo Jimenez here. As the Clippers starters, I felt like obviously got them off to a quick start in this ball game, leading in that first quarter by as many as eighteen. They were up thirty five to eighteen on the Brooklyn Nets. It was in all systems go first opening twelve minutes, as the Clippers were six of ten from beyond the arc. Everything was dropping for them. It was also good to see and maybe we'll have an update on him a little bit later tonight. Dereck Jones Junior knocked down the only three pointer he took. Unfortunately, he left this game and was out with a concussion. Took a blow to the head and it was a little bit of a scary situation. Was able to walk out out and into the locker room under his own power. Carlo, We'll keep them abreast of the situation. But obviously the Clippers were hot to start in the first quarter, and the starters that were out there, I think a starting group that could be a possibility for Opening Night should Kawhi leond not be available, or just throughout the season if Kawhi Leander is not available for a ballgame. But Dereck Jones Junior next to Big Zoo, James Hard and Terrence Band and Norman Powell, that group overall played well initially in that first quarter especially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent agreed. I thought they gotta EATSIZI watched the ball a lot. He was able to be effective, did have four thousand just to seventeen minutes, but never really I think made Tyler take him out if that the two blocks were great. It's a tough one to gauge with that group at him because one of the issues about it is the is how big you can play. There's a lot of guards in that group, right, and then you look at this Brooklyn team and three of their big men are out. So how much can we judge how effective this group can be on a regular NBA team night in the night out is tough to judge. But I think with the information we have, they played an excellent game in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, James Harden. Surprisingly as things started to turn back in the favor of the Brooklyn Nets once turning the ball over. There was some sloppy, I would say, unseerious basketball out there for a little bit in the first half where there was one turnover where James Harden was arguing with the official didn't get back, Dennis Shrewder got an easy layup. The Clippers got into it with the officials for a bit and they ended up giving up that eighteen point lead. They were down by three heading into the third quarter. But again early on, there was some efficient offense. There was some three pointers that were falling, and we were looking for better execution offensively overall after what we saw in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for the most at him offensive execution was there. The Clippers moved the basketball better, They got more people involved. I think they had six or seven guys scoring double figures today when nobody's playing more than twenty two minutes. It's uber impressive by this Clipper team. So fun to watch them perform at that level on the offensive end and also be successful on the defensive end. Brooklyn did not get many free shots. I think the Clippers did a great job of getting back in transition and even better job of pushing the ball in transition. The Clippers really got out and running, beat the Brooklyn defense down and for a preseason game number two, all you want to see is an improvement, and I think this is definitely an improvement from Golden State. Now, can you keep improving when you take on Portland, who will also be their first preseason game on front.
Speaker 2: You mentioned pushing it in transition and setting a tone early on. I feel like Terrence Man was that and then so for this Clippers team getting the start, and you never know, just because he started seventy one games last season, I think he's in the driver's seat. I think he's the favorite to be in the starting line a start off this season. But this Clippers team is deep and guys are competing for jobs, and Terrence Man certainly made his case tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think not starting on a Friday was a surprise to Terrence Man, and he wanted to prove that that was a mistake by Tyler Lou and proved he did. I mean aggressive to the rim, had a great pass to a eat to Zubats, a couple offensive rebounds. He was all over the place to start this game, everywhere and then some, and that he played controlled and within himself. Terrence Man, the key is going to be can he shoot the ball from distance consistently? Today was four for four from the field, the one for one from the three point line and finish with three rebounds.
Speaker 1: That's another big asterisk for him.
Speaker 3: How do you rebound the basketball for the Clippers at his size, because if you're gonna put Terrence Man in for Chris Dunn, you need to win some of those boards back that maybe you wouldn't get when Chris Dunne and his size are on the floor. Feel like that's kind of the give and take that Tyleru is balancing right now for this Clipper team. Excited to see how they continue to evolve. Three more preseason games. The Clippers are stacked this preseason with games and so plenty of opportunities to figure out what combinations their best.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're not complaining about that. The Clippers did end up out rebounding Brooklyn forty four to thirty six, a little bit of progress there, even though the turnovers still came in bunches. They finished at nineteen by my box score, so some things that were an improvement, some things that still just need a little bit more attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is just gonna take time.
Speaker 3: I mean, these guys have to adjust to the speed, they adjust to the pace of play, they adjust to playing against someone new that they haven't seen every year or every day in practice. So excited to see them continue to adjust, continue to find new ways to be effective, and just continue to play a more consistent brand of basketball. Second straight game, you're nearing twenty turnovers. Obviously you'd like to see that cleaned up against a Seattle team that is very much or sorry not Seattle or playing in Seattle, play in Portland, very much similar to this Brooklyn group that's in a little bit of a rebuild. And then you got Dallas down the stretch, who was not in a rebuild. So two very different teams coming up with the Clippers these next two games. Excited to see how they approach those games and how they approach a Portland team that is playing their first preseason game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers get off to the same hot start offensively, just because Portland has yet to see anybody else but their teammates.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm hoping to see some Supersonic Legends Friday night in Seattle. We'll talk about that game coming up next. Clippers win tonight here in San Diego one fifteen to one oh six over the Brooklyn Nets. They're one on one so far in the preseason. I'm Adam Moslin. More Clippers talk on the other side here in your post game show on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network. We'll just finish it out since you're here and we're not gonna lea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't leave till you leave.
Speaker 2: So and since I just said that on a live broadcast with people in the chat, I gotta get used to this, guys, but happy to do it. Love the conversation here. Yeah, maybe we'll bring that up about Jordan Miller. Those two things stand out to me as well. Jay says it offensive Dynamo. Yes, ma'am, it's all right. Well, you know what Carlo did work. Carlo did work. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Uh, we don't have to play them.
Speaker 1: I know an hour and a half drive we can.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll do this, I'll do this.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you do this all the time.
Speaker 2: Do you want to play Kai Jones Highlight comedy kitty, do you got the skills? So I'm stuck doing just play Kai Jones Dunk coming in or whatever mix you up that works. Believe it or not, this is fun to me. It's a lot of work though, because I got to get here early, I stay late. I'm not looking forward to Inglewood for that reason. But it's the jump no, just like on top of like the music bumper.
Speaker 3: You know, Big Big Bro's got a commentator, do what somebody's uh, somebody says.
Speaker 1: Big Brother Jake Ray Ray Ray.
Speaker 2: Big Big in the house, keeping us on the air and sounding way better than its way better than I should. Kai Jones with the throwdowns, Katie Newton with the highlight package there as he finished with thirteen points in twenty two minutes plus five boards, and the Clippers finish off the Brooklyn Nets. It got late early for them in that fourth quarter. Clippers win one fifteen to one oh six. Here in Ocean Side, San Diego from Front Wave Arena. Welcome back into your postgame show final segment here, but maybe in about twenty minutes you can catch some Clippers talk after dark right back here in the YouTube live spot. While Carlo is driving and I'll be talking to you. Carlo will jump in too, as long as we're keeping it safe there on the roads. But uh, Carlo, I thought Kai Jones to me, you could tell from the outset something was different because the screens he set tonight, some of those were bone crushing compared to the ones he was setting in Honolulu. He was physical.
Speaker 3: He studied up at the James Harden School of pick and rolls. There's no doubt about it. I mean, he's somebody who got in a little bit of an education is can continue to grow. It really reminds me out of us we were talking about in the break of like a Javail McGee type threat. Somebody who can throw the lob too, can set hard screens, who can roll hard to the pain, who could be a rim protector. And if he plays that role, he forces you to play a completely different style of defense because you always have to have somebody watching the help defense. And we know with the way James Harden passes the basketball, if you're not open, sometimes they'll pass you open, right. You know, good quarterbacks throw their receivers open. That's the kind of passing that James Harden does when he has the basketball. Kai Jones is only going to get better. Let's remember that this is not this is someone who did not play organized basketball for an entire year, sure an entire year. This is his second game in the last seven hundred plus days. I'm not surprised that his improvement. I won't be surprised as it continues to go. And I think there is a role for him and a two way contract with his name on it if he can continue to be excellent as a lom threat, as a rim protector, and as a screener.
Speaker 2: I was tough on him after the last game. People were tough on him. It didn't look like he had that feel for the game out there. It just looked like a freakish athlete. But is he a basketball player as well? The amount of improvement I saw from game one to Game two was remarkable and I'm really proud of kai Jones. It looks like he is taking to coaching very well with the screens he was setting and then being rewarded on the other end. We talk about the Clippers having more vertical threats, now he's one of them. Along with Derek Jones Junior looking for an update left the game in this one with a concussion.
Speaker 3: Also in the second half. Do we have it, Carlo, we have it? Tyler says he is okay, he just has cushion. I also like to mention we talked about lom threats. We've have to see Mobamba another lomb threat for this Clipper team. Something at him. They didn't really have a lot of Vita Zubats can get up, but he's already head at the rim. Talking about Mobamba, Derrek Jones Junior and Kai Jones. That increases your verticality immensely on the offensive end and opens up a whole another dimension.
Speaker 2: With one of the greatest lob passers in NBA history in James Hard, you don't even know sometimes is it a lob? Is it his floater? The defense has to pick and choose last thing before we get out. People have been bringing him up. Jordan Miller my player to watch in this one. I'm not bringing him up because of that. I'm bringing him up because he should have been the Summer League MVP, and he won round two in this one against Jalen Wilson. In my opinion, he finished with seven points. Jordan Miller thirteen points in sixteen minutes four six from the floor and that no dip three as you mentioned, little shout out Nicholas.
Speaker 1: But two, no dip, none needed.
Speaker 3: Jordan Miller from the corner team high plus fourteen tells you all you need to know, Adam. When he was on the floor, the Clippers were playing their best basketball, four for four from the free throw line. He did a little bit of everything, dipped his hand in an offensive rebounds, a couple of steals, a couple of assists, really moved the rock.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: He looks very comfortable.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's something he admitted to during the press conference, is saying this year, everything is a lot slower for me, and it really does look that way for Jordan Miller.
Speaker 1: He seems more comfortable. He's not rushing with the basketball.
Speaker 3: And when you dominate some league, when you dominate the G League, why don't you have all the confidence in the world. And that's what it looked like today. Jordan Miller really with all that confidence able to be a huge factor for this Clippers team. I love the way this one played out. Just feels like we got a great ending, a great taste in our mouth to close things because of how that final five played. Fun basketball, to watch an effective basketball plus.
Speaker 2: Pretty good tacos here in San Diego. I still got that taste in my mouth. Asada was on point here, and so is the level of basketball and the production in this arena and how beautiful it is. It should be celebrated. It will be celebrated. The Clippers G League team, the San Diego Clippers, now are opening up this beautiful new arena, Front Wave Arena here in Ocean Side San Diego, and I want to encourage everyone to come out here and watch a ball game. You will be rewarded with some of these guys that you saw tonight, like Jordan Miller, he was eighth in G League scoring last year, was dominating. We'll see some of him. He's on a two way contract. I think Kai Jones will be in the G League some as well this season. So a taste of things to come here in San Diego in a really cool environment.
Speaker 1: Carlo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the first game Adam is a month away November eighth, the Rip City Remix come to town to take on your San Diego Clippers, and that is not going to be a game you want to miss. A fun venue, a great venue, a great broadcast setup, no complaints from our end, and this is a great play. This is the premier place to watch G League basketball. If you are anywhere near and you do not come out the front Wave this season, that is a mistake. It's gonna be a great spot to watch the stars of the future in the NBA play today.
Speaker 2: Anywhere Steve Balmer puts his fingers on it, he's got the Midas touch. It just turns out to be a great event, very entertaining. The ballgame got close late as well. It was a fun time seeing the Clippers young players here thriving as they will be all seasoned with the San Diego Clippers. Some of these young guys. Los Angeles Clippers win one fifteen to one oh six over the Brooklyn Nets here in Oceanside. Clippers next ballgame. As Carlo mentioned last segment in Seattle, I don't know is it key arena still, I'm not sure what the arena name.
Speaker 1: Is called baby.
Speaker 2: Something new, but hashtags Sonics gait forever believe that I have not forgotten what went down there. I am a big supporter of the Seattle SuperSonics. So it's gonna be a fun time. Tip off against the Portland Trailblazers there appropriately so is at seven thirty. We'll have your pregame show right back here at six point thirty. If the Dodgers are playing, that means we're on the Patriot Am eleven fifty. If not, we'll be on a five to seventy LA Sports. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization. No Eagle, Ralph Fahler, Brian Seaman, Carlo Jmenez on the call, the head engineer, big brother Jake Warner in the house making it happen. Katie Newton, our producer back in the bank. I usually say the callers and listeners here, the chatters, the listeners here on the YouTube side, and programming note. In just about twenty minutes from now, we'll be back with some Clippers talk after dark as we drive back up to Los Angeles. For everybody else, we'll talk to you Friday night.
Speaker 1: Thanks Katy.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, guys, appreciate you. Katy. Y is ma'am