Speaker 1: You never know what the voice is going to do right when you turn it on in the morning, so especially when you're drinking soda, which is something I almost never do, but this morning it's a soda morning. I don't have coffee mornings. So I read into that that I am caffeine starved. Why no idea, So we'll go ahead and truck through six oh seven. I will be uh, I'll be all hopped up here in a moment, so it'll be fine. I think it's because I was reading very boring news updates this morning on a couple of things. I was trying, well, I shouldn't say boring, they're they're wildly important, but they're just very technical. Like I was trying to make sure that I fully understood the series of rulings having to do with the ACLU the District Court of Washington, that case about deportation of Trend de Ragua members to El Salvador. Right, so we're you know, those countries back in the news the ex partei communications between the ACLU lawyers that this Texas judge is having none of, which begs the question is that how they operated with Boseburg, who had the case taken away from him. What is the Supreme Court hoping to accomplish. What will the ruling be today now that the judge in Texas is getting ready to rule. And is is it a coup by the Supreme Court as I saw some people claiming, or is it a very clever process by the Supreme Court to get an attached ruling on this in a district court that is not within Washington, d c. And may actually render a ruling that comports with the law. And I got to tell you before you go out and want to hang John Roberts to them today. I'm not a lawyer, but as best I understand it, I think we should wait and see what happens here just this week, okay, And don't get me wrong, there's a lot of waiting and seeing. I'm very frustrated with Pam Bondi, Kash Patel, Dan Bongino, like nobody, nobody, nobody's nobody has risen to the criminal level that you guys have done even a single thing. That's crazy to me. And I hear a lot of trust the process stuff with this. This is so fluid over the course of a week. I think this because remember with the Supreme Court has with this. How the Supreme Court gets stuff is a variety of different ways, but the way that it is best able to adjudicate is conflicting districts, or not districts, but conflicting sectors of the Federal Court, especially the Federal Appeals Court. So if you got the fourth district and the sixth district and they disagree, that's when the Supreme Court generally we'll say, all right, well, we got to get this answered because one part of the country thinks this, one thinks this and worthy supreme law of the land. So it'll be very interesting. It's just not very interesting at like five in the morning. So the things I do, man, the things I do, so you know, I would just say give it a little look see before yeah, you go off the handle, because it is kind of interesting to listen to a couple of lawyers that are pretty good at explaining it to layman such as myself, Why this why this might be an okay process and we'll see. So all right, So that is that was number one. Number two through like eight is just all crazy people. So don't worry. We got all sorts of crazy people. We got Just look at my button bar now, Okay, the student loan people, I don't know if you have, if you have spent any time going through the series of videos that emerged over the last twenty four hours on TikTok, and then of course those get transferred over to Twitter, so you don't have to go to TikTok of a bunch of nostril pierced twenty somethings losing their mind that they may have to actually pay back the gigantic student loans they took for god knows what degree, but whatever degree it is clearly is not financially panning out for them, and they are none too pleased because starting on May the fifth, Oh that's funny, sinko demayo, when a lot of twenty somethings really want to use their money to go out and you know party those payments are, they're starting again and you better not be behind. And if you are behind the federal government, because you all thought it was a great idea to have the federal government under the Obama administration take over student loans. And the reason that they did it, if I haven't explained this in a while, the reason that it was more advantageous under the Obama administration, and why you saw then an accelerated growth on tuition all across the nation. Is if I'm a private lender, okay, I'm the Bank of Casey, all right, Ross and Casey's Bank, all right, it's a partnership, and we're in the student loan business. And you come to me and you're like, I want to borrow eighty thousand dollars to become an electrical engine you know, an electrical design engineer or a you know, a computer something or other some stem field. How you feel about that loan right there? Yeah? And I understand there's credit and there's you know, all the stuff that goes along with it. But I feel pretty good about that loan. That seems like a good investment. Now, if you come to me and you're like, I want to borrow eighty thousand dollars for the classic underwater basket weaving or whatever, if I'm a private lending institution at some point, if there's a lot of defaults within that particular field, or let's go with the humanities, right, I want to be somebody who runs an MgO and the funnels money back to democrats. Okay, But if there's not a lot of work in that field and people default on that, then feasibly, you know, this bank that we run or any private lender may look at those and assign a higher risk. And we do this each and every day. When it comes to loans, whether it's auto loans, whether it's the insurance that goes along with it, there's you know, you have to prove the value of the thing that you're taking a loan against, so that there's some collateral. Student loans are obviously different, but you still want a level of confidence there, and so that required also them to to value proposition what a degree's worth. Okay, well, maybe you can get a degree in let's go a degree in a master's degree in elementary education. All right, Is that going to pay you a gazillion dollars? No, So the you know, the cost of the degree needs to be commensurate with the amount of money expected to be made there. So now it's not a judgment call on the actual job. I think people agree. We need you know, people that are very good at elementary education. We don't necessarily need a master's degree, but some places want it for extra pay or whatever.
Speaker 2: Fine, but you.
Speaker 1: Can't make the cost of the degree two hundred thousand dollars, and private lenders would know that. So by going into the federal government basically under the Bomb administration and then again under the Biden administration, the universities had no incentive not to jack tuition rates and expand classes on these garbage degrees. Man, And so students went in there hopefully they had some advice, but unfortunately the advice likely if they were talking to people, you know, deep within the entrenched leftists, you know, in doctrination sphere, they probably got a pat on the shoulder and go, no, it's perfectly reasonable for you to be a you know, fifteenth French, fifteenth century queer art of you know whatever and get a master's in that or something, even though like that's gonna what's that ten jobs in the world, And a lot of bad advice was given, and now people are losing their mind. Listen to this, chick, Will.
Speaker 3: We just drop the student loan bomb. The federal government just announced that it's coming for your loans and the actions begin May fifth.
Speaker 1: Or payments, that's the other collections could could be. But you could also you know, start making payments and then they don't do collections that's how that works. Ross You ever had a loan, You ever had a loan of any sort? I have, yes, okay, And what happens if you pay.
Speaker 2: The loan, they keep sending you bills for the next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't come take whatever your thing was. I'm assuming it was a home loan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, Yes, So you.
Speaker 1: Make your home so that you still you still own your home, right even though you had a loan, right right, right? Yeah, that's crazy, man, Look at that. There's this thing. There's a thing in the middle. You can do called paining the agreed upon or you can negotiate too, right, you can renegotiate loans. There is an option that within the federal government. Trump didn't do away with that. They just want you paying for them, so everybody else isn't paying for them.
Speaker 3: Didn't loan that. If you're in default, they can garnish your wages, correct, they can take your tax return, and they can even take like your benefits like.
Speaker 4: Social Secure kind of, and you.
Speaker 3: Still can't pay it. And the default, they're going to send you to collections. About five point three million people in the United States right now in default.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: This is going to hurt the people that are already struggling the most. They are really just trying to absolutely cripple as many people as impossible.
Speaker 1: It doesn't see when you assign that level. But do you think that it is. Do you think they want five point three million people financially devastated who would then probably likely go over onto the benefit side of things. No, they want you to live up to the agreement that you struck. And if you think that it was bad and you've got bad advice, I'm sorry for you. But let me explain something to you, ma'am. Oh wait, hold on, I'll let you finish your point.
Speaker 3: It's pretty clear they want us completely broke. They don't give a about our health. They don't really give it we die. Yeah, they're just going to cut everything. This really just paves the path for so much more. But what specifically I just realized that's about the same amount of people that have been at the protests.
Speaker 4: Oh, interesting is first?
Speaker 3: That's the next one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I looked at some of those protests and I don't think those people are freshly defaulted on student loans. If I had to guess now, they may be co signers of some sort. But don't I don't think that those are college grads just figuring out that their degree didn't work, not from what I've seen at the protests. Look, I've already decided if there's another protest, it might be worth my while to set up across the street with like one of those big bingo cages with the dumbers in there, maybe a bunch of cats, some TV showing like Wheel of Fortune and Matt Locke and some were there's originals. And I bet I could disband one of those protests. They get all distracted, come over, it's all the things they love. It's not college students leech. So uh, let me explain this. Let me explain something to you, ma'am. You you made a choice, and you made a gamble, right. A lot of people didn't make that gamble. They chose not to go to school. They went to a community college, they were they they paid off their loans right, or they selected a degree that provided them, you know, instant jobs or a very high likelihood of getting a job. And they and they made those decisions. And and let me explain something to you. It's no different than the millions of people while you're going through all of your education. The millions of people that that decided to also bet on themselves, and instead of using a degree to do it, they decided to start a small business. They opened they opened a restaurant, they started a trade business. They you know, opened a storefront of some sort, and unfortunately, whether it was COVID or just they didn't get the market right or any of the rest of it, it didn't work out. Now, I recognize because this is what the pushback will be that you can't the bankruptcy thing is different if it's a small business loan versus that, and that's kind of true, depending if it's a private or a public one. But also knowing the terms of the agreement you're going to sign and the potential relief that may be there for you is part of the decision making process. You signed a document for a loan that you can't discharge in a traditional way through bankruptcy. So to me, I'd be like, wow, that is an onerous document. That is an incredibly onerous document. Now why would you sign that and then select a major that you either weren't interested in or that clearly doesn't have market value. These are all adult decisions. And unfortunately you're very young adults, but you're an adult. The number of people listening to this show right now, even if they've made it and everything's fine and now they're successful, if they're entrepreneurs, the likelihood is not all of their investments have panned out, whether they fully started a business, they invested in something. Hell I invested in a business. We didn't exactly lose money. We didn't make any money. Okay, we lost a little bit of money, But them's the breaks. Would I just sell my house up in Minneapolis? It was right after two thousand and eight. Guess what happened? I had to eat that. I didn't make a TikTok video.
Speaker 6: I me.
Speaker 1: I grumbled to some friends like, ah, can you believe this? But it is what it is. So I just saw a bunch of these videos yesterday. They're gonna start screaming. They're assigning the motives that they just want everybody dead. And no, no, because that same person who may have decided they were going to start a business and then it didn't work out, who's now had to pay the financial price for that?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: How is who you're asking to now subsidize your loan? So If that's the case, why don't you subsidize loans of people who went out and invested in these small businesses that didn't make it. You're not going to do that, though. You just want yours, and you want it from people who either paid theirs, had other financial difficulties that you did not help out on, or have been successful because they made the right choices. This is really simple stuff. Okay, all right? Coming up on the show, we got another Nancy Mace video, this one the twist. The twist in it from an audio perspective requires me to play it. Also, I watched what's the guy's name from the Rain? Wilson, right is the actor he played Dwight on The Office. He's sitting now with Stephanie Rule, who of course has a podcast because everyone has a podcast, but on her podcast she's just as big a moron. And he starts, it wasn't your Hollywood celebrity softball that she thought it was gonna be good on him doing a little pushback. We'll have that much more coming up. Hang on, I don't know, and I'm not going to assign motivation. I'm just gonna tell you what happened, Okay, because uh ah, what to be g I Jane, who dreamed of becoming the first female Navy seal, has her dreams ended because she says military recruiters delayed her application that she aged out of the program. So her name is Amanda Reynolds. She's forty one and she is a lawyer. And I don't know, judging by her, she looks like she's she's fairly fit. So you know, there is that I guess, and that's going to be important here because she claims that she went into the US Navy, I guess the recruiting office of some sort, and told them that she wanted to her Her thing was she you know, she joined she wanted to go through Naval Officer Training Command in Newport and then embark on her attempt to become a seal. The problem is, she says that they delayed it so much that now, because forty two is the age limited time of by the time she graduated, she then wouldn't be able to go through seal training. And I don't know all of the details around it, but that's you know, that's what the story says. So she said, I could have gone to Officer Canada School in February. Because remember she's a lawyer, she has multiple degrees, all of that. But she says they delayed her application without reason or cause and then told me I was too old. She goes, I was working at litigation for twelve years, got burnout, and then decided that being a seal would be a much more noble cause, yeah, here we go. Lifelong avid long distance runner and swimmer. She's also a scuba certified. Look that, I mean, those are things definitely going in your favor.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 1: Are are are there forty one year old dudes becoming new seals? Is is that a regular thing? Because I, you know, I've seen some of the videos, some of the you know, some of the documentaries on it, and I don't see a lot of dudes that are pushing past like early thirties maybe. And also, and again, she looks very fit. You're a forty one year old woman, ma'am. I know some of you are gonna get mad. You're a forty one year old woman. I would be very surprised if I couldn't pass the training. I don't know that I could have passed seal training even when I was still trompsing around the Mountains of Wyoming where I could. You know, I was still altitude adjusted so I could. I didn't get winded like everybody out there, and it created a very extensive lung capacity for me. But I went from Wyoming to California, I felt like I could run ten miles without getting winded. It's such a difference when you spent your entire life up there at you know, eight thousand and seven thousand feet man, But still I don't know, And what does she mean delay it? That's the other thing. There's a lot of details missing from this. But of course, since she's a lawyer, she's like, all right, well, I guess what I gotta do is I got to sue for age discrimination. So she filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, claiming that while she was sworn into the Navy in twenty eighteen, she was never assigned anywhere or deployed. Reynold said she filled out all the enlistment paperwork in twenty nineteen, which had no record of service for US. She then moved move to Utah. This whole thing is weird. So you were sworn in, you filled out all your paperwork, they didn't call you, and you just like you didn't follow up on it. I that sounds weird, but maybe it's not. Maybe somebody UH from UH who worked in recruiting could explain how something like this would happen. So basically, what she's kind of claiming is they didn't take her seriously and the reason they slow rolled it is because there are a bunch of dudes and they just didn't want some woman be into me more. It was to me more in that in Giad Janeuy, Yeah, it was to me more and they want they want her to be into me more because it's a boys club and they wouldn't allow it. Haven't they had women attempt to seal training.
Speaker 2: To this point, I was going to say, let her do it, you know, put her in the ocean there with the logs you always see the video, Yeah, you know, just have her vomit all over herself and then she'll be like, yo, that's that, go.
Speaker 1: Ring the bell. Well, I well, also what does that do for the training of everybody else?
Speaker 2: Right? Because I no, I agree, but I mean, at this time point, she's fussing so much about it, and she wants to be like, you know, girl boss or whatever. Put her through the training and then when she doesn't last a day, laugh at her.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I'm gonna I'm gonna do one better. Are you ready, ross, Because I wouldn't want to publicly humiliate her. She's a seal. Now, stick her on one of the stick her on one of the teams.
Speaker 2: You just jump out of the back of the plane into the boat and go duck, and then.
Speaker 1: We're ready to go. We're gonna store in this compound with a bunch of angry, weird beards in it, and we'll see how it goes. I don't feel like it would go. Put her on the team, let her handle explosives. Yes, I don't think we're going far enough. I don't think we believe in her capabilities enough. I think she's she could single emission, solo emission. Just send her, yeah, yeah, like Mark Wahlberg did, right, Yeah, loans her dude. Yeah. Also, you know what, I don't know. That's no offense to the seals. I don't know if seals are good enough. I'm thinking Delta force. Right, we'll get some hijacked plane that's on the ground over in Israel or wherever that was I can't remember, or it was ahead of the Israel and that was on the grain in Spain. I can't remember. But now I got to rewatch that movie, which I'll gladly do this weekend, especially if the weather's like yeah, yeah, yeah. So basically, give her Chuck Norris's job, let's do this thing. Yeah, I'm actually surprised for forty two's the kapper for seal training. So at forty one, I mean, I'm not denying that people, you know, people would be able to do it, but you're already at a disadvantage, ma'am if they don't alter any of the requirements just because she's not big. She's not a very big person. She's petit's not the right word word, but she's not. She doesn't seem to be tall or particularly she's very lean, which lean isn't necessarily a problem, but when you get into the strength stuff, I don't know, it might be a problem. Yeah, I don't know, man, Brooklyn Lawyer. This whole thing, this weird thing where she says she's signed up but there's no record of any of it, and now she's filing a lawsuit because the time has passed so she wouldn't actually have to do seal training because she'd be aged out of it. Some people wonder if just maybe, just maybe not all of this is true. So again, I'm not going to sign motivations. I'm just giving you all the different theories that are out there. She said that in July of twenty twenty oh she got arrested for a DUI is that a problem for officer training? I don't know, Honestly, I don't know. She said. At one point she did talk to recruiters again. However, the recruiters urged her to join the Judge Advocate General course. And she's a lawyer, which I guess makes perfect sense, right, you're JAG officer, you're a lawyer coming in that would be the natural progression. But you know, the idea that they tried to age her out of seal training and they only had about a year to work with, but there's no record of it. I don't know. The defense Bartman opened the military's elite units, such as seals and Army Green bravesed women in twenty sixteen. Here we go. Thus far, while several women have attempted it, no woman has ever finished the process to become a seal. I mean, I like big dreams, man, I like big aspirations, but there's a lot that doesn't seem to doesn't seem to add up in this thing. So I don't know. Yeah, I think we just let's just put her in the field. Yeah, And I like Ross's solo. I don't want anyone else's butt on the line for our little social experiment here. So that's just me, all right, six forty four here on the Kcoday radio program again phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four of them. We have a quick call, Yes, Corey, what's up?
Speaker 6: Very case, so I can stick to it from an Air Force perspective. So I was a recruiter and I ended up going to Otis becoming an officer. So a couple of things. When she talks about where she told out the paperwork and took an oath, she most likely was entering with the Navy's version of what we call the delayed entry program. For you got a match, you do your physical, take their test, whatever you got to do, and then you raise your right hand and taking off that you're not on active duty, you're not collecting a paycheck, you're technically not a veteran. It's not until you go on extended active duty where you go to basic training, OTS, whatever it is. That is when you are considered on active duty, and that is where you have a service record. Just being in the dept program and delayed extry program doesn't mean that you were ever in the service. The second piece is when I applied to OTS, it's gonna be eighteen months from the time I started my application to the time I went to OTS. The selection board got delayed. It gets delayed for many reasons. And third, if she had a DUI, that's an automaticive qualifying factor for most branches. So I don't know about the Army because it's the army, but uh, the other branches, the Air Force is the Yeah, well I know, I know. I was just you know, well, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to make an army to come in and make an army joke.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, So the DUI thing would be this qualifier require a waiver, and the Air Force it used to be a one year wait before you even apply from the waiver of the date of adjudication.
Speaker 6: Okay, So there's a lot of factors here that it's not she's not telling the whole story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was kind of getting that vibe, but I didn't know for sure, say eighteen months. Thing is interesting because that actually is about the time from when she said she swore in at the recruiting office to when she actually made contact with them again and they tried to talk her into being a JAG officer. So that would Yeah, And.
Speaker 6: Once you get once you go to the board and you get selected, they base your craft date off of your whatever your a f c MS is going to be based off the tip. So it's all based off technical training start day. So whatever technical training start day you have, based on the lot of allotments that they need to fill. They backdate that and who's going to go to OTS first, So it's it's all. It was nothing personal to her, It was just he waited too long to even apply.
Speaker 1: Well, she's she's taken it very personal and now she's going to sue. Do you think that a forty one year old woman could pass seal training? Do you think a forty one year old man could pass seal training? Or would those be such extraordinary things they'd almost be newsworthy.
Speaker 6: You know, I can't speak to a personal character or anything as possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, I'm just but it would be highly highly on the It would be on the far end of the Bell curve, is the point that I'm making.
Speaker 6: They would they would be the X factor.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, all right, Well again, I don't want to begrudge anyone who wants to serve, especially in a capacity liked that. Thanks for the call their Corey. But yeah, the whole thing is, uh, I don't know it kind of it kind of feels like maybe that was the dream at one point and then the reality struck and then the DUI hit, which was in Utah where they don't really they don't play with drinking and driving in Utah. I don't know if you know this. They're not big fans of it there either, part definitely not together. I think maybe that she just decided that this is now the route she's gonna go, and probably because she told all her friends and family, Hey, this is what I'm going to do, and then it never panned out. And she's she's clearly a very driven person, long distance runner, swimmer, competitive doing it a lawyer, and it probably was an insult to her competitive nature. All right, six forty eight KCO Day radio program Hang On, Can I read you a quote here, quote on why she wanted to join the Seals, because I really, look again, I'm not going to assign a negative thing for it. Maybe she and and this actually it it. It proves my point, although it also proves that maybe she should have thought about this more. All right, So here's the here's the line she told the reporter quote. I was tired of my low jobs, so I decided to find my inner goddess by joining an elite team of warriors that jibes with my fitness goals goddess. Okay, all right, that's fine. You should have a high opinion of yourself. You can have a lot of confidence your fitness goals. This is not a pilates class, this is not a this is not a running club. Jibes with your fitness goals.
Speaker 2: I really want to be able to do like ten pull ups like that's my god. I figured the best Well, I will eventually, but the best way to do is to in delta force.
Speaker 1: That's obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if you can do a lot of push ups, man, you know, just go join any of the branches and then do stupid stuff you get smoked. You'll be really good at it, Oh Lord, and then God help me. They have a photo of her at a shooting range. Ross, you're not a shooter. It's you're not a shooter. Right, We've talked about.
Speaker 2: This here on this mean I have but yeah, no, I'm not good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bet if I send this photo to you, let me let me grab this thing here and I'm gonna I'll tweet this out so you guys can all see it. So chill out. It's coming. It's coming. I can't. I hate this website. Why can't I just steal this. I'm not stealing it. I'm sending it to Ross. There we go. I ain't copy it, all right, I'm gonna send you this photo of her at she's a shooting range. She's on a sun a table rest kind of shooting ar of some sort. And all right, I just sent that to you. If can you tell me anything that's incorrect here? And I look and I'm not even gonna be gun. Nazi guys like I understand that I do stuff that probably do to spend a lot more time on the range and have a problem with or correct on the way I shoot a pistol. I side stance. I don't do that full forward stance. Dress people nuts whatever, don't care. I'm not trying to join the Seals. As Ross is a non shooter. Do you notice anything that looks unusual about the way in which she's shooting?
Speaker 2: There, Like two things here, okay. The first is like how her hand is holding the stock. Yeah, the stock like the stock barrel. Yeah, and that's not where your hand.
Speaker 1: Should be, well it should be it should be up there. If you look to the back of the photo, you see in the back of the photo that's a correct way to hold it. You notice the difference between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's also the way so she's standing what is that like a table or something, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like she's sitting on a bench and then she got the table there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the way she's shooting is it's balanced on the magazine, like.
Speaker 1: The magazine is balanced on the table rather than her because she can't physically get her arm up to get the elbow under there or create a pivot point of some sort to shoot off. Yes. Yeah. Also, she's there's no eyes. I don't know if you notice that she got ears but not eyes, as they say, she's not wearing any glasses. The would be first female seal who's now suing the Department of the Navy because they say that from the time that she decided to do it, which clearly was very late in life. She's forty one now that she first was going to go through become an officer. She's a lawyer by trade, so she would bring that degree, but rather than going into the jag side of things, she was going to use as a stepping stone to eventually do seal training. And it took, she said, way too long. She I guess she thought she would just be instantly in, but in reality it was about fifteen sixteen months and where she didn't hear anything, and she just kind of moved to Utah, got herself she's from New York, got herself a DUI, which could be problematic, and then by the time they actually decided, hey, let's go ahead and get you into the officer program, it would have the math wouldn't have mathed, and she would have been too old to attempt seal training. Now, I did look it up. While several women have attempted seal training, none have survived the first phase of it. Well survives the wrong word. They didn't. They're out they survived though, but no, to this point, the very end of the first phase of seal training is the thing you're probably most familiar with from the documentary The Buds Training, I guess, if you want to call it, that is specific what's known as Hell Week. And to this point, even though since twenty sixteen women have been able to go through the program, no woman has made it through Hell Week, and so, you know, and that's really that's where they're thin and everything. And then once you're past there, then then they're kicking into the the rest of the phases and the training. But you know, that's how what is it? How did arleye Ermy say it purge all non hackers? That's even though these are likely the people that are going for this or are among some of the best physically gifted members of the military, it still shows you the exclusivity of a program like that. So now she's suing because they won't let her in. But go check that link out scroll down. Her her range is like if I was a range safety officer, I might talk to her. I know I would talk to her. She doesn't have eyes on which is you know, you know, you don't go to the range, and and and not have some some protective glass, not if you're smart. I mean that's not to say I haven't shot a rifle without glasses on in a hunting thing, But when you're popping off at the range and you're sure as heck, don't use the magazine of your rifle as a bipod of sorts, albeit a not very stable one. That is wild to me. Frankly, I don't think she can square that rifle up on her shoulder properly either. She's actually a little smaller than I thought so, And look, a lot of this stuff is out of her control, but she's still somebody who's who's right around forty who thinks you're going to do this training, and even for men, once you get into your thirties, for men, the numbers dip so precipitously, it's really hard. So anyway, the link's there at Casey on the radio. If you want to review that, go right ahead. So this was interesting yesterday I saw a clip Stephanie Rule is on her podcast when she's not on MSNBC or whatever line to people, she's on a podcast doing it, and she has actor Rain Wilson there, who if you watch The Office at all? Played Dwight. Shreut Rod's that your favorite character is Dwight, right, A lot of people's favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh dude by far? Yeah yeah, yeah. We just finished it finally, the whole thing. Yeah, we just finished the Office maybe like last month or something like that.
Speaker 1: What did you think of the last couple You know.
Speaker 2: We we put off finishing it because it was sad when it was done, Like, we didn't want to finish early. We're gonna put this office soon as long as possible. But I said from day one, Remember I said on this show that Dwight should be in control of the office because he was the best employee, the most loyal employee, the smartest employee.
Speaker 1: He tried to burn the office down.
Speaker 2: For their safety.
Speaker 1: They learned that those two things don't jive.
Speaker 2: They learned a valuable lesson. Okay, all right, but was it not proven right?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to I don't want to give too much away, but yeah, yeah, lessons were learned. Right.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he was at least perfect. Nobody is, but he evolved.
Speaker 1: Well, look, he never took no for an answer as to his job title Assistant general Manager, assistant to the general manager. He never let that get him down. But anyway, so Rules on there, and I don't think she was she thought she has to assume whenever some Hollywood person comes in, they're just going to agree with everything she says. Because, by the way, she's also not a good podcaster, which is crazy because she is a journalist, and that is a right, quote unquote journalist. It's just why, all right, So listen, listen to this. So here is here's Stephanie Rules. She thinks she's making a big point about how corrupt Trump is and how great Biden was and all that, and a rain Or Dwight is not having any of this, all right, So check this out.
Speaker 8: Last weekend, I outran a black pepper snake.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's not from.
Speaker 8: I am fast to give you a reference point. I'm somewhere between a snake and amongas and the panther.
Speaker 1: That is not that is not what that is not what was said to Stephanie Rule. I watched the clip yesterday. What is a black.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it might have been a different clip than you you had seen, because the interview did go on longer than the did that.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the whole.
Speaker 2: Right, you sent me like the video and the audio clip you want to write, and I got more than that. I went the extra mile.
Speaker 1: But the clip was literally exactly the amount of time that they discussed the thing.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was a little something extra, I believe.
Speaker 1: From the interview. So click. So cut number two is the interview, then.
Speaker 2: It's it's more of the interview. Yes, oh, I believe.
Speaker 1: Way you word it, all right, hold on, here we go, all right. So uh and you put both the setup and the and and then his.
Speaker 2: Right, Stephanie rule, and then I have Dwight, yes, okay, whatever his real name.
Speaker 1: Is, all right, all right, so let's let's all right. So this one actually says all right. So I'm just confused. This one says SRM, assuming that Stephanie will let's listen to the setup, shall We.
Speaker 8: Of Americans don't trust mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is it.
Speaker 5: This is listen.
Speaker 9: We are seeing a huge loss in trust of all of our institutions. It's the media, it's medicine, it's banking. It's a huge problem because when you think about democracy and all of these pillars, they need to stand tall, they need to stand strong.
Speaker 1: By the way she's one thousand percent right. And I preached about this on the show, the amount of trust that was lost within the medical community, the banking community, the educational community, right, especially with everything around COVID, and then of course within the Three letter agencies and the Justice Department and all of these things. Watching what was going on with Trump and J six and all of this, She's absolutely right. The problem is she'll never properly assign blame.
Speaker 9: And sort of losing that trust is not by accident, it's by design. If you remember when President Trump running the first time, Steve Bannon once said, the goal is to blow the whole thing up.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 9: And so I think that you've got mistakes made or things starting to slip, while at the same time there's a concerted effort to destroy the media, because the media, that the news media is, in my opinion, the last slide of defense of holding power accountable.
Speaker 1: Talk about sniffing your own farts, man, there's the media is the last line of de pay. So you have no idea why people lost trust in the media. You just can't fathom it, huh.
Speaker 9: Right, And you had a bit of a perfect storm, right, President Trump won, and tons of people were shocked or angry or frustrated, and they're tuning out. And at the same time, you have the elon musk media machine because they want you to leave traditional media and they want you to go to X which is a bastion of misinformation.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: Wait, so I have a question. Do you want people to leave CNN and come to MSNBC? I bet you do. Ross. Do you want people who listen to other radio stations to come listen to us?
Speaker 2: I don't even understand the question, Oh, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: So you don't want other people other lists, people who don't listen to the show too?
Speaker 2: What do you mean don't listen?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's a hypothetical. Let's say there were people who didn't listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would not like that. You would not like I would not like that.
Speaker 1: All right, well you are Stephanie rule apparently all right, continue man with your with your dumb statement. Is no fact checking. So it's a perfect storm of community not.
Speaker 9: Saying I'm angry, I'm frustrated, I'm tuning out, I'm disconnecting, and then you have a force pushing it and and but even in the last two weeks, what we need to do is just cover what's happening in America.
Speaker 1: Right, honestly, you should cover honestly what's happening, all right, So and so, now she set that up, she assumes because you heard Rain Wilson kind of go yeah, yeah, that he's probably just going to be like, you're amazing, You're so smart. But let's listen to his response to what Rule was saying there, because she was not expecting this.
Speaker 8: ID badges are long overdue. Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a Duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at sixty pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?
Speaker 1: Do you do you think that's what he said to Stephanie Rule about ID badges and potato guns.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie. It does seem like a non sequitur, but I mean it would be it May's on brand.
Speaker 1: Please Lord tell me this one is the actual response.
Speaker 8: I saved Jim's life with a countupper spray. I had Velcrode under my desk. People say weapons, Oh, it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home or the workplace. Well, I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know accidentally than by a stranger on purpose.
Speaker 1: Is it is?
Speaker 2: I mean that he completely owned Stephanie rule. There shall you shall shall not be infringed, shall not.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm just gonna bang through eventually. We got to get to the right thing here. How long were you dubbing all this in this morning? This looks like a half hour of you giggling and cutting stuff up, and now I don't even know which one I'm supposed to close.
Speaker 8: The worst thing you can do for your immune system is coddle it. They need to fight their own battles. If Saber really cared about our well being, they would set up hand de sanitizing stations, a simple bowl at every juncture, filled with dirt, vomit, fecal matter.
Speaker 1: Exposing yourself to germs is the best way to make yourself stronger.
Speaker 8: To avoid illness. Expose yourself to germs, enabling your immune system to develop antibodies. Could I don't know why everyone doesn't do this. Maybe they have something against living forever.
Speaker 1: I feel like that would get you fired from someone.
Speaker 2: A great point there from Dwight about COVID.
Speaker 4: Who's the king of Austria.
Speaker 8: Joseph is the King of Prussia, Friedrich Wilhelm is the King of England.
Speaker 1: Why the tyrant king George?
Speaker 8: Of course, I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I am ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to go with it. So there's seven Dwight cuts and of this, and I literally got all the wrong ones first, which means, by process of elimination, this last cut is the fact his rebuke to Stephanie rule and not a Ben Franklin observational thing or a germ thing. All right, actual response to Stephanie rule or I'm gonna go to break and I don't know, pace in a circle. Here we go.
Speaker 8: This is where I would push back when yes, I see this kind of insight and passion being directed at the current administration and the lack of this kind of insight and passion being directed at the previous administration, where again I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about nor leaning news media organizations were kind of like la la la la la, Everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Look the environments, I mean, look, the economy's.
Speaker 4: Great, la la la, Immigration's not that much of a problem.
Speaker 8: And really, being Cleopatra Queen of denial, thank you boom.
Speaker 1: And actually she says I would push back in the clip. In the longer clip, she goes, I would push back on that assertion about immigration. So she then went on to argue with him that immigration is not an issue. So there you go. Yeah, she and it made her, it bothered her, and you know what, Ross, You're probably right, he'd have been better off going with any of the other stuff we played. Just a confuser, man, that would have been amazing. All right, we need a breather after that seven twenty hang on there. You know, we got the NFL Draft tomorrow tomorrow that that is happening, and you know one of the big storylines and it is Shador Sanders, the Colorado quarterback obviously Dion, one of Dion's kids, and look, somebody who is immensely talented physically. Right. The problem is, as several stories have leaked now from various people within you know, some of the different NFL teams, and they're not going well. In fact, one assistant they identify which team. It doesn't say which team, but I don't know how many formal interviews he's done. Called it the worst formal interview I've ever seen in my entire career, or no, my entire life, he says, saying that Shadur Sanders was so entitled. At one point, he indicated that if they drafted him, he didn't carry the coach one. He's going to do what he does, which is not what they're wanting to hear. So this dude could humble man. And of course the problem is then his dad's gonna be out there claiming it's some you know, I can't believe they're doing some sort of bias. And I swear if Race gets jacked into this thing, I'm gonna lose my damn mind. Nobody is drafting or not drafting your kid because he's black, Dion. They're not drafting or drafting him based on how they feel he's going to jive with the team. And yes, this is probably not something the coaches want to hear. Gms don't want to hear I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do because they all remember Johnny Football, most recently telling Bernie Cozar he doesn't take advice from old men, which is an actual thing that happened. At the very least, it seems that Johnny Football has been a little humbled. I've seen some interviews with him subsequently, and I think he recognizes what he did to himself. Scientists claim to have invented a new color. I let me explain it as best I can. I'm not. The science here apparently escapes me. Uh So. The way it works, the the retina includes cone cells, cells responsible for perceiving color. There's three types. That's why when you you know, if you if there's a color like for marketing materials, your company has one that's specific, Like we have a color code that is for the iHeartMedia red that is specific to that version of red. According to scientists, this is a new color. You can see it and it's cold. O Low. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. Ross. I just texted you had you seen have you seen this color before? Let me remember we're guys. Uh that's mint and green. It's like it's you know, it's green. You know what it is. It's the color of every other house at Topsail.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, it's it's beach green.
Speaker 1: It's that beach green aquamarine looking thing, and and they'll be like, well, no, technically it's olo. It's a new color we created, nah, which they're probably gonna try to hold a patent on who the hell knows, But can you hold can you hold a patent on part of the color spectrum? I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is like when you're trying to figure out how to paint the wall correct and you get a little stupid what do they call the tabs or whatever they're called, which little sample?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your wife's like, well, there's seventeen different whites to.
Speaker 4: Choose from there?
Speaker 2: A white, yeah, pick one.
Speaker 1: I'll give you ones more cream and one's more straight white. I can delineate a couple in there, but you have seventeen in your hands, and I'll be happy. Did you guys? You guys did some painting. Is that literally how the process went? Or is your wife? Was your wife just cool with all right, give me something white?
Speaker 2: And then you just went and you got I sort of went with like a green like the color you sent me, Like I swear that's already a.
Speaker 1: Color oh in your house? Yeah? Oh, then you should own the patent, dude, right there, we'll tweak this story out for you if you want to go look at that. So then you had look, you got all sorts of homework on our Twitter. You got to go to at Cacy on the radio one. You got to go see the chick who wanted to be the Navy seal and go and definitely scroll down to arrange photos there and go see this new color which is literally every other beach house color in North Carolina. So that's actually pretty cool. Not only of North Carolina's a coast produced flight, which I hear is pretty popular. Now we're coming up with new colors because I swear I've seen houses painted this color, or at least the trim on houses. Yeah, that's one hundred percent beach or mint green or whatever you want to call it. So check that out at Casey on the radio. All right, I said, I have another Nancy Mace on piece of audio. So a trans woman shows up and confronts Nancy Mace. It's some things she's speaking at. I don't even know what it is. It really doesn't matter. She's just there's a podium, she's still standing on stage. There's like these two potted plants on either side of the podium, which sounds like, why are you telling me that it will come to play? And the trans woman walks up to talk to Nancy Mace, and she's offended because of some verbiage that Nancy, I guess used when she was speaking. So they get into an argument. See if you can tell the moment when if you were questioning whether that is a trans woman or not, when you might have assurance in your assumption. See if you can pay it's very subtle, very subtle, like these seventeen color white changes is on the palletts your wife got. Okay, very subtle, might be hard, so listen intently, let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Did you hear it?
Speaker 1: Did you pick up on it all right? Did you again? Very subtle, very hard to hear. Ross did you even notice when you were dubbing it in man? Probably not? Huh, very subtle, very hard to hear. But yeah, there's just that that little slip there, that moment, and then, for no reason to understand, uh the uh, the constituent, I guess picks up one of the potted plants and like starts walking away with it. So I don't know if that's some sort of like moral victory. You didn't get what you wanted. You didn't get Nancy to say that you won't use a word that offended you, which you know, but that's fine. It wasn't initially an impolite thing. It was just And now you're stealing a plant like I don't understand what's going on here. But it's not even you know, that's not even why society is doomed, man, humanity is doomed. I saw a story yesterday. I don't even know how we got here. And there's two points to this. Let me read the headline, and I'm just gonna warn you. It will sap your soul. Okay, it will sap your soul that this is being utilized, and I'll explain to you the different ways it's being utilized, and that the people who do it are somehow profiting off of it. Fake down syndrome Influencers created with AI are being used to promote only fans content. I'm gonna read that again. Fake down syndrome influencers created with AI are being used to promote OnlyFans content. And I will tell you you've probably seen an example of this. If you're on Twitter at all, there's you know, there's a there's some videos where they have somebody say something that's a little snippet and then all of a sudden they start going they start singing the comments. You've probably seen a lot of these videos. Uh, there was one. There was one yesterday with like this really morbidly obese goth check and she was talking about being OCD and like one of the comments is actually your ob CD, which I you know, and then you see so there's another one where there is a woman with you know, one of the Kardashian butts, and she's in the super tight workout clothes that we've come to expect from fitness influencers, and she's you know, she's very well endowed and not leaving them much to the imagination. And uh, it is portrayed as a woman with Down syndrome, and then a bunch of people are again, it's one thing if it's actually a woman with Down syndrome. And then people are like because it creates a discussion, right, can people with Down syndrome be sexual beings consent? Like these are all debates that we've had the problem is it's not real. Yeah, that is the body of an actual OnlyFans model that they have laid. There is an eight There is a face filter where you can make your face look down syndrome, right.
Speaker 2: And she released the video as like a joke because like in the video she's at like the gym or whatever, like you said, she looks super fit, but her face it looks like she has down syndrome R. And she released it, but then everybody it was getting like a billion clicks. She's like, I can profit off this, And then she started releasing more videos with the down syndrome face filter.
Speaker 1: Which why is that a who made that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. So now it's become a thing that people are profiting off of.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is, and again it's not even it would be one thing if it was an actual woman with down syndrome, because it would that I mean, the whole moral discussion that that would create would be one thing.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I mean that would be you know, if it was an actual person who is in that good of shape, that would be inspiring, right, like I work go to.
Speaker 1: The I mean not for the only fans side.
Speaker 2: That's for stuff now, I'm just talking about you know, being in that you're in great shape.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, Yeah, you've overcome all of all of these challenges and now you're tackling you know, the physical challenge and you're doing a great job. That that would be great, but the fact that it's used to drive content to this only fans girl who figured out that if she face filters hers, and she's not alone, face filters herself to look like she has Down syndrome, she gets paid. Like you have to have no morality, right that you have to your your soul must be empty to think that this is a good idea. But she's clearly profiting off it, and as a result, others are joining her. And again, I'm just so disturbed that of all the face filters out there, and I know that you know, the modern you know, the younger set loves the filters, right, it's the whole thing that somebody thought, Hey, you know what's missing. You know what's missing is clearly down syndrome face filters. Who are you who made that? And how are they not in that l Salvadoran prison right now? Right? Having to explain to MS thirteen, what did you do to get in here? I made a face filter so I could take advantage of people with down syndrome and profit off idiots probably wouldn't go well for you. So again, humanity's done, so good game. Everybody's seven forty five raced agic from the weather Channel. He's here to give you your final weather before the rapture.
Speaker 4: What's going on with that again?
Speaker 1: Somebody, some sick pervert, some OnlyFans girl is has a face filter so she looks like she has down syndrome, but she has like, you know, like an only fans body, and she's proffiting off of it. And I'm just like, do we have no humanity anymore? The answer is no.
Speaker 4: That went out the door with only fans.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 4: I said, that went out the door with only fans?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's a that's a good point.
Speaker 10: I mean, thank you. So it's it's I don't know where we are. We're lost, we are truly lost, but I'll try to find us. Yeah, several days again. I talked about it Monday, yesterday, today, we'll talk about it again. Of round of showers, thunderstorms. Yesterday even had a couple of wind reports and rain between point two eight at the airport and Raleigh, two point one three in Winston Salem, so a couple of batches of heavier rain around point six and in Kinston and a little bit more to our east and southwest. And I think that's what it's going to be the next several days, scattered around. Best chance is best coverage probably gonna start coming in here later in the weeks that front tries to go on the move and into the beginning of the weekend. So more scattered showers right now, a couple of light rain showers just east of Ashville and also heading out toward the outer Banks. I think we're rain free with a little fog this morning, maybe a passing shower this afternoon, mid upper seventies, and just a few showers, maybe a thunderstorm into early tonight. And then tonight we're in the mid upper fifties. Tomorrow, sun and clouds, and again best chance for a few showers thunderstorms afternoon and evening. But many of us, casey, if you have plans for the evening, you know you end up being like, well, all thought it was gonna rain. Many of us probably won't get rain. That's how minimal the coverage will be. And I think better coverage Friday Friday night to Saturday and then finally by Sunday we start seeing the sun come back out. We got multiple days in a row. We're gonna flip it again. Seems we've been doing it like every other week. We go wet, we go dry, we go wet, we go dry. We'll go dry Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, maybe even into Wednesday with load to mid seventies to start the week, back into the eighties by about Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Hey, question, you're out with the boys, maybe you're on a boat or whatever, and one of them is in the water and all of a sudden begins you realize he's getting attacked by a shark. You jumping in there to help him? No, you let your boy to git eaten by the shark.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, not even a chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry. If it's multiple sharks, you're definitely out.
Speaker 4: No, even see a shark, I'm not going in the water.
Speaker 1: But that's your boys, that's your bro man.
Speaker 4: Hope, I'm in the will.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was great. All right, thank you, And for those wonder what that story is, we'll all find out together next Thank you. Ray, We'll be back. I'm sorry, somebody is very disturbed by the down syndrome story. I want. I don't think that I was insensitive, but holy you like, we're here to talk about the news man and the fact that you know, the internet's already a place that you know, makes parents nervous, right, there's a certain level of control you want. You hope your kid when they get old enough, is able to understand everything that's going on there and and you know, stay away from the horribleness. I mean, that's all you can really hope for. And the fact that through some of these mediums people are faking. They're not just faking disabilities wells. You ever see videos of those of the people who claim to have Tourette syndrome when they clearly don't. There's been a couple, like big influencers that that was their whole thing, and so they had all these videos and then they would do something dumb like go do a two hour interview and never have a tick, and people figured it out. Uh, wasn't there a guy who was in a wheelchair and he didn't He forgot that his streaming cam was on and he stood up and walked away. Now that guy's story, I think his thing was he was in a wheelchair from an auto accident, and through physical therapy, eventually was able to get out, but he realized that the wheelchair was kind of a stick, so even though he was then able to walk short distances, he never disclosed it to his audience. And if we have that level of it, how some thought or you know, some OnlyFans girl can use a face filter designed by Satan to go ahead and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year is just it does not reflect well on our society because people still have to be paying that. Yeah, and it's just terrified. Man. So yeah, look, not everything we do is a happy story, That's what I'm saying. But sometimes it's just so insane that it needs shared. Jay, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey, Casey, I'm trying to push an idea. If El Salvador can do it, we can do it. Let's build the prisons that houses seventy thousand people, and we could do it in a half a year, and that would circumvent the judicial system to the Democrats of throwing the roadblocks of the Democrats are throwing. We could build a seacot right here in this country that how is seventy thousand people?
Speaker 1: Well, would be very basic. Well, hold on who do you want to house in this thing?
Speaker 5: The criminal illegal aliens.
Speaker 1: Facilities? Yeah, no, no, no, I hear you. We have facilities here because if you're not just, you can't just grab American citizens and throw them in there willy nilly, Right, you agree with that. Well, as I say that, I'm hard to spaculate. It's fun for me to say, stick the guy who made this space filter in Guantanamo. But if he's some dude in Georgia was born here, you don't get to just stick him in Guantanamo. There's a whole.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I agree with you on that case. But I'm just saying that the ones that have proven to be criminal aliens, illegal criminal aliens, get them out of here, or if you can't get him out of here.
Speaker 1: And that's right, the locally contracted with Ol Salvador. That's a contract we contracted with them, the US right, So right, he did not have to expand and build further detention facilities. Contracted with El Salvador for the purpose of, you know, having more room to house can export them here. But well, yeah, and that's the thing. But there is some and I will say this, there is some benefit to having them out physically outside. It's the reason that Guantanamo became. And thanks for the call there, sir. It's the reason that you want. You want as many as you can get physically out of the country. Although technically Guantanamo is it's not Cuba, but it's not the US anyway, but it is the US, so that one's a little stickier. But El Salva or Salvador City there and outside of it, where this prison is, that is not I honestly, I don't know if I've just been this disconnected or they're just not doing the same level of marketing. So I asked Ross about he didn't know. Did you know that next week a new Marvel movie comes out, one of their big budget Marvel movies. I know we talked about the The Avengers update that's, you know, for the Doomsday or whatever that's further down the road, But no, on May second, the new Marvel movie The Thunderbolts or just Thunderbolts apparently is the name of the movie. I'm not super familiar with this, although I did watch it. So the characters that are in it are Black Widow's sister Florence Pugh I think plays her Bucky Barnes so Sebastian stan So you got Bucky back?
Speaker 2: Is Steve Rogers as Captain America in it?
Speaker 1: I'm checking? Hang on, no, no, no no. Also, if you watch the standalone Black Widow, you saw the family there, so the father is going to be in this. Let's see here. Oh you know who's in it? Ross Julie Luis Dreyfus. She will play Valentine know alegra Defontaine. Uh, it's the director of the CIA who runs the Thunderbolt Elate from Seinfeld. Yeah, check from Seinfeld. What you know? She can't be the CIA director who runs the Thunderbolt Secret Fighting Group or something.
Speaker 2: I just don't have her dance. I now you mentioned it. I do recall seeing this in my timeline, and I've sort of just gone over every time, like I didn't give it a second thought. I'm like, God, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's just it's just I'm assuming it's because this is a whole you know, you a whole cast there, giant cast of people, and it's judging by the you know, judging by the trailer that I actually finally watched yesterday, it looks like it's you know, all the budget. I'm not sure what they spent on it. Maybe maybe there's something here on the wiki. But like, I think the marketing has not been very good.
Speaker 2: No, it is like I've seen a lot of discussion talking about some guy that apparently is supposed to be stronger than all the Avengers put together, and maybe they're talking about the thunderbl this movie. I assume they were talking about Doctor Doom. So that's how I got you. Ineffective the marketing has been because I don't even know what movie they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Who is Uh, let's see, I'm trying to figure out who's the battie in this movie. M I I can't tell. Oh no, okay, wait, hold on, So there is a Captain America connection. Wyatt Russell will play John Walker and Enhance super Soldier Remember the Thunderbolts, a former decorated captain of the US Army Rangers chosen by the US government to become Steve Rogers' successor.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the guy that played Captain America in the beginning of the Falcon and Winter Soldier mini series. Yes, I hated that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, well he's in it, so yeah, here it is. Yeah, yep, absolutely here it is the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. They credit him right here. Yeah, so like the mar when I point to the marketing it. You know, one of the things that marketing shows is the level of confidence. Right, but they've been getting their butt handed to them so regularly right now. I don't the fact that. And I don't consume a lot of media where there's commercials, right, I try to avoid that. I just stream usually, But you know, like Prime, I think I saw it on Prime Video. I was watching something on Prime and I refuse to pay because you know, it used to be I didn't have to watch commercials and then they change and I refuse to be up charge because I don't watch Prime that much. And I was I started the series Goliath, which I know I'm late to the party there, but I was really enjoyed land Man. Have you seen land Man?
Speaker 2: By the way, I've seen the clips, the viral clips online, and I know the White House has shared some of them as well.
Speaker 1: Dude, watch that show. It's great.
Speaker 2: Well, Billy Bob Thornton talking with Billy Bob thort the moonbat chick about oil and stuff. Yeah, I've seen that, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just so And you know, people describe it as just Billy Bob Thornton explaining things to moonbats, and that is a big part of it. But you know, let me tell you, I know a little something about drilling culture because a lot of a lot of people I worked, a lot of people I went to school with. They work as roughnecks now, you know, on the shale fields of the Dakotas and Wyoming there and understand Texas is a little different, but from what I know, And then we had drilling on our property, so I have a little uh, maybe not on the technical side, but I understand the geopolitics of it around there. I thought they did a very good job with that, and I want and I get a real stickler for stay. It's why some of the Yellowstone stuff rubbed me the wrong way, because it's clearly not how ranching works and that and that stuff bothers me. But I don't know, it was pretty good, pretty good, And so then I'm like, well, I had been meaning to watch that Goliath series with Billy Bob Thornton, and I so enjoyed him in Land Man, I decided to start that. So I watched the first couple episodes yesterday and I think that's where I saw the trailer for this. That's because it's other than live sports. It's one of the few times I really get fed commercials. So anyway, we'll see opens may second. There you go. All right, let me get to the shark story real quick, because we kind of asked Ray the question, what would you do. You're out with your family, You're well, family's probably going to be a little different. Well, let's say you're out with your friends, because that's the scenario here. I don't believe that there were family members that witnessed what happened. So you're out with the boys, we're the gals, and one he is in the water. The rest of you are out of the water, and all of a sudden, your friend, who was diving, I guess, you know, like diving on a coral reef for snorkland or whatever they were doing, they start screaming because there's a shark. There's a shark the unidentified diver at this point. This happened in the Mediterranean, by the way, and there is video showing the diver being attacked by the shark as horrified beach goers as well as other members of the diver's party there are watching, so I guess they're on a boat shallow and then there's people on the beach and you get it from the beach. So I don't know. I don't know all the details. But in the video you can literally hear the person scream quote they're biting me as they're being further, you know, drug further and further out to see. And nobody jumped in. Nobody did anything, And I saw people are like, I can't believe it. Why would nobody jump in there? Well, one, it's the use of the word there and specifically the th e y apostrophe R that probably gave people pause because that means there's more than one shark they conjunction of the word they, and uh, if you thought you'd see one shark can jump in cause I think there's people if they had enough liquid courage, would be like, I'm gonna go punch it in the nose. I heard that on the news. You just punch it in the nose. But when it's a whole school of sharks going piranha on that, dude, I don't blame people for not getting in there. I really don't. Now in most ocean going vessels that I spend any time in there is also a firearm, which is good, and it's not just because you think you're gonna you know, smugglers or whatever, like you don't know, you don't know, and so yeah, it could be for security. But also at the very least, if I'm in the water and I'm the poor guy who lost the lottery here and I'm getting attacked by like six bull sharks or whatever this was, I want my boys to at least take some pot shots at them. I want to know that you tried. But everyone's just filming, man. So like, I don't think people had to jump in there, but there's other things you can attempt to do. They probably wouldn't be successful because now blood's in the water. But yeah, man, it's a very dark story. Their officials who have not I guess they have not even recovered all of it, but they are they're presuming the victim dead in this in this instance, so all right, Now, if it's a family member, that's a different thing, right because I think a lot of people, like if you're a father and you had your teenage son in there, and in this scenario, I think there's a lot of dads would just jump in. Probably a lot of moms too, but I you know, I think you at least have a number but your friend group. You may like your friends, but are you jumping into a ravenous pack of sharks that are already had blood in the water. Probably not going to work out well for you.
Speaker 2: And then you could be like that guy. Remember the guy in Florida rescued his buddy who was eaten by the gator. Well, didn't he go out and tried to hunt hunt down the gator? Right Bytically?
Speaker 1: I think technically I think that was in Louisiana and he was like, f that gator. No, it was west, text was East Texas. Yeah, that's my favorite story. So if you guys don't know this story, there's a there's like a bar or whatever and it has like a byou behind it, and then there's a there's a dock, right because you get people on you know, the little boats that come over and they can dock and go and and so they're out on the dock. They don't have a boat, but there's a sign on the dock that says no swimming alligator. And then they they they even have a name because like that it's a big alligator that everyone knows. And this guy gets a little liquid courage in him and he's like, well, I'm gonna go swim and screw it. So he jumps off the dock and yells and I'm quoting here, f that gator while he's jumping off the dock, and the gator just happened to be sitting under the dock going F F me, F me, no, no, no, F you And eight is bro and he didn't just jump in to save his dude that day because that was unsuccessful. He said that the guy disappeared under the water. That's how do it. Eventually they weren't they weren't even able to find them. Initially, they found like traces of this dude, and his buddy decided he was going to avenge his friend, so he spent the next couple of days try to track this gator down. He found it, he put it, He put one in the brain, and they actually found his buddy in the gator. So that's what friends will do for you. In the post.
Speaker 2: Mortem, maybe they'll hunt down the shark.
Speaker 1: You know, well sharks, uh, there's several of them they I think in the video they estimated there's six different sharks there. So yeah, that's that's that's gonna be a lot to do. You're gonna have to get busy. And I don't know that it works the same way that since that gator was kind of in the same area. Sharks are a little migratory, as anyone who's seen any of the shark trackers off the coast of North Carolina, which is an app you can get for free.
Speaker 4: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I'm terrifying be like, ah, I'm gonna go swimming here at Wrightsville Beach. Oh wait, no, there's three Great Whites with homing beacons on them. I think we will not, but that's you know, that can increase your beach fun if you so desire. All right, eight eighteen CaCO Day Radio program. What are you doing if your boys in there getting mouthed on by sharks? What if it's your family member? Because like I think magically, if you think that out, you shouldn't get in there.
Speaker 2: I think most people would say, yeah, I'm going to jump in for a child.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, I think so, But what if you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Even like you said, even if it's like one shark, you might consider jumping in for your buddy. But if there's multiple sharks, I mean, yeah, you'd have to jump down. And what is it is punch him in the nose or is in the back of the throat. I think a gator is you're supposed to punch him in the back of the throat.
Speaker 1: A shark. Sharks should punch him in the nose, or at least that's what I've been led to believe. I've never tested it. Maybe Ross, maybe I will if you go down to your beach house condo.
Speaker 2: And this is why I won't go out. No, I won't. I won't go on a cruise ship. You haven't thing, Oh, I won't go on. We were recently voted invited by friends down to Lake Lynn, like they're a pontoon boat. And I'm like, I'm not going down there because the sharks what to a lake? Yeah, it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Man to Lake Lynnigh not doing it to Lake Lynn in Raleigh. And your fear is the shark. They're migratory dude, Okay, And it's not like sharks can't exist in Brackish Well.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I there's one shark. If there's one shark, I'll jump down. I won't even think about it. Rule number one. I'm number one. I'll jump down there and I'll punch it in the back of the throat, of the nose or both, whatever it is. There's two I have to think about it.
Speaker 1: If you find a shark in Lake Lynn, you should get it immediately. It would I'm sure it would qualify as an invasive species. And also everyone lose their mind. You ever see how busy Lake lind is you were dry either? Do you imagine the thirty thousand people run around that thing every day finding out there's sharks in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to have to do a radio station event. Actually, like all jokes aside. They used to send us out. There was like a prize patrol on one of the other stations, and we'd have to go out in the boats with the megaphone and like sail around and bug people with the megaphone and give away prizes and stuff and so was fun. Yeah, it was always super busy.
Speaker 1: Especially if you're doing it like a Malibu or a chriscraft or something. Get a little wakeboarding in try not to get eaten by sharks anyway, all right, eight twenty So I appreciate that people want to celebrate, remember, and contemplate, especially in Easter. The religious side, that's great, right, there's there's clearly the secular and non secular side of how Easter works. Well, I have a story for each side, the two of which I'll share with you coming up next here on the CaCO Day radio programs. Now, everyone's sending me these weird small time any sharks from like Nepal who happened to live in fresh water, like see Rosses. Right now, it's Lake Lynn and Raleigh. I'll bring valid points. Right, you go to Falls Lake, right, Yeah, that's closer to your house. You think there's sharks in Falls Lake, there's gators. Remember that one time they did find it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to risk it because my family is too valuable to me.
Speaker 1: Well, don't take don't put your family in the water. Get on a boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people fall off boats into the mountains of sharks and I'm not going to risk it.
Speaker 1: Is that that's the thing that happened one time in a documentary from the seventies, was the seventies when that movie came out, And you know what, you just take their advice, get a bigger boat. You're gonna need it.
Speaker 2: Many people say that the actual reason I don't want to go out to visit my friends on their boats is because I don't want to leave my house because you know, reasons are be anti social or an introvert, and that's not true. It's the sharks.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. I'm not here to question people. Listen to rational fear of sharks. Listeners are sending you the science. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Now you can either read it and accept it or deny it. And you sound like you're denying it right now.
Speaker 1: That's me. I'm a science denier. Yeah. Yeah, that's because nobody's ever lobbed that insult in modern political history. All Right, all right, we I'll let you pick their, mister homebody, I got the two Easter stories. Do you want to go secular or non secular? First?
Speaker 2: We will go secular, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So so non secular by the way, if you're if you're ever confused about what non secular and secular mean, because I do see people getting them backwards. When it's non secular it is religious. When it's secular, it's not religious. It would be a lot easier the other way around. But anyway, so you wanted you wanted secular? He said, yeah, all right, so secular. How did you guys do Easter? I know we talked about this on Monday. So this apparently the Democrat and this is literally the tweets were coming from the actual Democrats Twitter accounts like at the Democrats and as well as the leftist lawmakers who made quite the claim. So in a post, they wrote, Trump's White House is using thirty thousand This is for the annual Easter egg role. Do they have the terrifying dude in the bunny suit this year? I didn't see a picture of it. And that's good. Trump's White House is using thirty thousand real eggs worth over fifteen thousand dollars for their Easter egg role. Meanwhile, Americans are having to dye potatoes instead of eggs this Easter to save money, so they're still on the eggs are more expensive route.
Speaker 2: See. I remember this story and that being a trend that people were saying might happen last year, not this Easter, but last Easter, right when.
Speaker 1: Egg prices were peaked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't remember them covering it then, So did they get their years confused?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know that's a good thing, or am I making that up? Because I swear there was a story like last Easter.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a story last Easter. And by the way, I could understand certain situations where it would make sense to die. Like if you get those little yellow potatoes are about the same size, you can generally find it pretty close to egg shape. One you can draw on them. Two. Some people are allergic to eggs, and and like violently, so violently. So in fact, there was this horrible story. I didn't put it in the stack, and I'm so glad this little girl is okay. And it wasn't eggs. It was cheese. But you know, I knew somebody had an egg allergy, and like, that's not easy, man, that's not an easy Nuts are easier. I guess maybe I don't know. I don't have any food allergies, but be awful there, I mean, they're in so many things. Yeah, eggs is just everywhere. You never get to You never get to enjoy actual mayonnaise. That would I would, oh, that would suck man. And then deviled eggs. Can you imagine never being able to eat a deviled egg? What are you doing so, I would understand that if you've got a kid with an egg allergy, it may make a lot more sense to have them paint a potato, right, cause that's fine. Or also if it's little kids, you know, eggs are a little delicate and you want something because they keep breaking them. Potato might work. But the idea that people in mass this year versus is Ross pointed out last year were dying potatoes. I don't know anyone who dyed potatoes this year, So it kind of feels like this is that same tired attack line. Even though the price of eggs is down, I know it's down because Ross shovels him in his face. He should be broke if they were the old price. By the way, that's who's eating all the eggs case you wonder where they're going to Ross every morning. So with that in mind, did anybody dye potatoes this year because they were poor? You can call the show eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Were you four to dye potatoes? Because I don't know that that's a thing that sounds made up. Now to the religious side again phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four and for that we go to West Virginia. So it's not uncommon. It's not uncommon, especially around the Easter holiday to have, you know, to set up the cavalry on the mount kind of thing with the you know, the crosses. A lot of churches will do that too.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one in five points there always does. They always do a big spread for Eastern Christmas, which a lot of people like to go. See. It's cool, man, that's cool and uh. And also to even go so far as to uh ceremonially carry crosses. I've seen you know, you've seen this. I was talking about when I was in uh, when I was in South America during what they call sa Mona Santa Holy Week, which by the way, nobody works during the entire week and most of them go to the beach. But but also there'll be like a ran religious pilgrimage from like one Catholic church over to another one, and like you'll have dudes literally tethered to crosses. So in West Virginia at a this is Weston, which is let's see here, one hundred miles north of the capital of Charleston. That's way up there. They decided that they were going to do a reenactment involving the erecting of crosses with members of the congregation attached to them. Unfortunately, one of the people attached to one of the crosses fell off the cross, and it was a big cross. He fell ten feet and he was eighty four years old and is now in critical condition, broken ribs. I guess now he's in stable condition. He was initially in critical. I guess now he's stabilized. I have a question, and I understand people wanting to however you want to celebrate and honor and remember, and however you want to do your Easter. I mean, clearly they were embracing the whole point of Easter. Good Friday, of course, it was the day that they did this, and then Easter is the Resurrection. Now, if he'd have popped out of bed right on Sunday, that would have been crazy, because he was still in critical. Then who thought it's a good idea to stick an octagenarian ten feet in the air on a cross with apparently very bad straps unable to hold him in.
Speaker 2: I feel really bad about this because you know, it's obviously very important to him because of his faith. Correct, But at the same point, I feel like it. Maybe at least I feel bad saying it. Maybe it should be like when you go to Tweets Sea and you need to be or the estate fair and you need to be a certain height to go on the ride. Maybe at a certain point it's just not safe anymore. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm not fully I'm not fully up to date on how they were tempting to keep the people up there. Actually, I wonder if did the cold crossfall or just him off of it. You know, it's hard to it's hard to fit, but it doesn't matter the fact that you're wasting an eighty four year old man a minimum of ten feet and that's from the bottom of his feet, right, So how tall is that cross? Fifteen feet sixteen feet? Probably taller than that because the head doesn't go right to the top. You got a twenty foot cross there, and you put an eighty four year old up there. Like, just the physical requirements of having to support your body weight, even if you have you know, if you're strapped in there is very that would be very trying. Man, you ever hung from like a climbing harness? Do you ever do any rock climbing with with the you know the climbing harness, like if you don't have that thing centered right, it's it's pinching you on all the wrong spots and and so like this, I'm glad, it's glad. It looks like he's gonna pull through. But they had to life flight him from the where the cross was because they went up I'm sure, up into some you know hill that was away from the church there. They had to life flight him to Charleston. I think absolutely crazy, man, Glad he's okay or okay?
Speaker 2: Is maybe he was in good sheep though, I mean, we don't know what the guy was like because you know, different people are different. You know you compare like a Biden to a truck.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, no, no, one hundred percent. You could be in great shape. But yes we should by the way, I'm agreeing with you Ross, we should not put Biden on a twenty foot cross, okay.
Speaker 2: Right, because right he would not be able to handle it.
Speaker 1: He probably he'd probably disintegrate, like after the you know, the snap in the endgame. What no joke. By the way, I saw something yesterday race stage and you'll find this interesting. So marvel to achieve that scene in the Avengers endgame right where everyone turns to uh not everyone half the people turned to just disintegrate.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It caught apparently costs Marvel like tens of millions of dollars, and somebody just demonstrate that AI can do it for like two dollars. Now ten years later, Yeah, I think it was almost. I think that the special effects surrounding that were actually approaching one hundred million, which is crazy. Wow. And now AI just and the side by side was perfect, man, absolutely perfect. So that's where we are. Yeah, all right, well, let's get wetter before I do an AI ray, which I do not look forward to.
Speaker 4: So no, no, we're not going to do that. I can't be duplicated, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait what if he is Ross? What if Ray is AI? Right now? He wouldn't tell us, would he?
Speaker 4: No, would not? Okay, my big secret?
Speaker 10: Right, Well, yeah, a couple of days. Let's make it today, Tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, we're going to be in and out of shower, stutter shower. So far, this morning we've been in pretty good shape. There's been some fog, not much rain, get a chances afternoon they'll be isolated to widely scattered.
Speaker 4: Did have some reports of a little bit of.
Speaker 10: Wind yesterday across the region mid upper seventies for highs, a no real threat for severe weather, just some stronger winds with some of the storms. Tomorrow same today, sunclouds possible, a few showers, thunder showers, mainly later to the day, So you really end up with a daylight today and tomorrow where you get through about sixty seventy five percent of you don't get any rain, although sounds and looks and feels intimidating, right, Probably the same thing on Friday, scatured afternoon showers and storms low eighties, and then more on Saturday. With the front actually coming through Saturday Saturday night, maybe the best chance that a nice dry run coming up Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, earlier next week. It looks like we're going to see warmer temperatures too, so we'll be back to the eighties by Tuesday, So a few days here on to get off again. Everybody should at least get some rain by the end of Saturday, and then much better weather Sunday and at least through the early and middle part of next week.
Speaker 1: And by the way we talk to the audience, they're all cowards. That don't want to jump in on the shark thing either. See there you go, so I'd never think you was all to you. All right, have a go on, thank you, okay, yep, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next and your Bloomberg Update now with Jeff Bellinger. Jeff, what's going on? Well?
Speaker 11: Stock market looking good today a case a stock's rebounded after Monday's sell off. Each of the major averages posted a gain of two and a half percent or more, and yesterday's trading and the futures indicate the rally is about to continue when the opening bell rings this morning. S and P futures are up one hundred and thirty six points, NASDAC futures or up five hundred sixty seven. Dow futures up seven hundred seventy one points. President Trump now says he has no intention of firing Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell. He's also hinting about the possibility of lowering the new tariffs on China's part of a trade deal, So investors are really encouraged this morning. Today's report comes from the Fidelity Bloomberg Business Desk. Tesla shares are up seven percent. In pre market trading. Even though the electric carmaker's income took a big hit in the first quarter. Overseas competition and domestic boycotts took a toll on Tesla's set, But investors are very much encouraged to hear that Elon Musk is close to wrapping up his work in Washington. He's planning to refocus on Tesla. This is not going to help the housing market at all. Mortgage interest rates rose again last week. The Mortgage Bankers Association reports the average rate on the thirty year fixed rate home loan with six point nine zero percent. That's the highest in about two months. The Labor Department is about to lose a lot of workers. More than twenty seven hundred of the agency's employees accepted the Trump administration's deferred resignation offer. That's about a fifth of the Labor department workforce. Intel is preparing to fire more than a fifth of its workers, sources tell Bloomberg. The struggling chip maker will announce a new round of layoffs very soon, and its reported Sacks Global is laying off hundreds of workers. Women's Where Daily says cuts by the parent of Sacks fifth Avenue and Nieman Marcus will put nearly nine hundred people out of work.
Speaker 1: Casey, Jeff, out with your friends on a boat and one of them is getting getting eaten by a shark. Would you just stand there or would you get in there and try to save him?
Speaker 11: I have to get in there and do something something.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You are the only one. What if he's getting eaten by six screaming they're eating me?
Speaker 11: Maybe you gotta do what you gotta do what you can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, thank you for because our weather guy coward. Thank you appreciate that. Have a good one, Jeff. Okay, take care. Look at that, Jeff.
Speaker 2: That is completely not how I would have predicted that. Right, you have predicted Ray, the giant that he is, would have jumped done.
Speaker 1: Some sharks probably would just swim off.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bellinger, who is an alien we've confirmed, right, is just like, yeah, I'm gonna jump in there.
Speaker 1: He didn't even hesitate. No, He's like, no, that's my friend. I'm gonna I'm gonna go in there. Wow, you'll learn. Look at that. Yeah, good for him. All right, Two quickies ready, Jean Kareem. John Pierre has landed herself a new gig, albeit a temporary one. Jean Pierre has now been named the Grand Marshal of the New York Gay Pride Parade, which takes place every June, celebrating her first as being the first openly gay individual to serve as a White House Press secretary there. So it's really not that surprising. It's New York, obviously, it's a bunch of Democrats that I don't know if they'll give her a liar award, probably not, but not surprised by that. And we'll get into more of this yesterday or yesterday tomorrow when we chat with Steven Ken, our NERD correspondent Ross. Have you seen that they've decided to rewrite Peter Parker's childhood for the new Amazing Spider Man? How would you describe him? Bookish? Kind of got bullied, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's like a big nerd like science guy, yees, science guy.
Speaker 1: Hence his you know, really wanting to get in over at Dale whatever it was called, not anymore. Now he will be portrayed as the bully. He steals beer, he he commits pranks vandalism, including blowing up toilets with I guess firecrackers and a bullying some of his classmates. So now he's an a hole, which I'm sure shouldn't undermine his eventual evolution into Spider Man at all. Are we just we're just out of ideas? Huh, we're just just out of ideas. Apparently he's he's also a jerk to the ladies, including picking on MJ. There so yeah, so way do uh I guess ruin all of that? And then there's a whole description. Like I said, we'll get into more of this tomorrow. I just I fail to understand these things.