Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one one you trust.
Speaker 2: It's being brought to.
Speaker 1: You by our good friends at tall Grass Motors or more Knee Camped Funeral Home and Wesley and Kitty College. Had to put on my prescriptions.
Speaker 2: I read everything. Hey ladies, Hellway.
Speaker 1: We've got Bartleswell Regional United Way, the Brew Crew and by the way, first one, you.
Speaker 3: Do know how to throw a party, I know, right.
Speaker 1: Wow, the oce Age Casino Hotel. Wow, what a setting that was.
Speaker 3: I mean, and thank you for being there. It was good to see you. We seen we were.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is Katie and her events team, that committee that did a lot of the behind the scenes work and made it look like we were on a tropical island.
Speaker 3: And then they came.
Speaker 4: And then the community just came and gave, which is what we are so grateful for. So for our first one, we we feel like it was a big win.
Speaker 2: Miss and Ash really had that crowd going.
Speaker 5: She did, she did fantastic. We're so excited. So next year we're gonna have her back. So we've sat on it this first year. Then you'll get to come next year.
Speaker 4: You can really tell she she loves giving back to the community. So yeah, she's done that all over the country and we're just really honored that she's going to do it again for us next year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a lot going on here. It seems like you two never rest.
Speaker 3: I feel like that right now.
Speaker 4: But there's you know, it's it's worth The lack of lack of downtime is totally worth it because of the people who are impacted when they when people will give to United Ways.
Speaker 1: So we are we have the big, big annual campaign coming up, golf tournament Day of Caring just small minor things.
Speaker 3: So little, just the tiny.
Speaker 2: So what about the new campaign we kicked this.
Speaker 3: Off, I'll like Katie talk to that.
Speaker 5: Well, so we've kind of scaled it back from what we did last year, but we're still kicking it off with a bang. So we really kind of looked at Aloha after Dark as our big kind of kickoff this year, and that's going to become our big kickoff where we're all we will announce our goals. So we're excited to do that next year. But for this year, we are bringing back the pine in the face. I can't say who we've got doing that yet. We're still confirming a lot of names, but we're excited about that. We're going to kind of shresh out a little bit throughout the month of September, but it's going to be a really awesome competition with some very well known people around town.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, all of them were great sports last year. They were they were that everybody wants to do that.
Speaker 4: That is true that I don't think I would a little reluctant.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we've got the golf tournament coming up.
Speaker 4: Oh man, twenty twenty second, you'll tee it up for United Way.
Speaker 3: We are officially sold out.
Speaker 4: We are hoping, yeah, it is. We're hoping to have a new record at the end of this. So we'll see firsts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure if someone wanted a sponsor, we could find a place for them. But yeah, yeah, so, but it's just I just have to give a special thanks to the Golf Committee, uh and a special thanks to the John family, including Randy, Ricky, Julie, Edge, Shirley. They are so generous during the golf tournament and we're gonna have some really, really really good merchandise out there this year for self.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, it all kind of comes together like a perfect still.
Speaker 3: It really does, especially this year with the new greens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, now, folks, uh, even though it's Boots hollering. Yeah, geographically it hasn't changed. It's the same address as Adam's golf course. They just use the first Davis to the last.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Yeah, we have a new golf pro we have. You know, the greens are looking good.
Speaker 4: Jody and his team have done a great job with that and they it's just gonna be a fun event. I'm excited to see how the sponsors feel the golf courses now because it is just you know, they like to have fun. But I just went out there and I'm not I don't golf. I do watch it on TV sometimes, but it's so beautiful. They've taken some some of the trees out that were that we're not doing well, and it's just the hard work that the city of Bartlesville has done to get so we can have our tournament.
Speaker 3: Goes bey up.
Speaker 4: Up and beyond what we thought they would do. Laura Sanders is the living out there.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. She I really think a lot of her.
Speaker 4: She's on our board, but she's just she has taken everything with just let's do it, let's get it done. So so grateful for them. And if you haven't, Matt de he's the new golf pro out there. Super great guy. Yeah, he's got a lot of experience. So we're excited about it this year.
Speaker 2: Well you ought to be.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to be excited about us. Potential of a new record, a brand new looking golf course.
Speaker 2: Yes, and of course you know.
Speaker 1: A lot of our favorite folks coming back into town, and the folks who live here of course participating either as golfers, vendors or.
Speaker 3: Volunteers for that.
Speaker 4: Well, that Conico Phillips and Phillips sixty six take takes care of the volunteers.
Speaker 3: If we need other one, there's.
Speaker 4: A chance, I'm we may have to put a note out to see if we can get a few few other ones. But they are taking I mean, they filled up the original amount of volunteers we need. We're just trying to figure out if we need some extra ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it seems like they have fun doing it.
Speaker 4: They have a great time they do, and I can't wait to see all the vendors because you know, I'm trying to buy more Nikes because that's what they expect from me. They expect my sneaker game to be up and not have not wear the same ones I wore last year, So I.
Speaker 2: Got to keep it up to bronze every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: But man, it's really great to see that we're on such a role here and maybe we'll get a little bit of a break with the weather here on the twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: Now I will say that I tell people Randy Johns. Yeah, yeah, Randy Johnson in charge of the weather. So if it doesn't work out, just take your complaints down.
Speaker 2: We've always had beautiful we have ever.
Speaker 3: Well not since I've been here. We haven't had one.
Speaker 4: There have been in the past, and we just roll with the They just roll with the punches and we'll figure it out. But I anticipate really nice weather. Hopefully it's smitch cooler. But I'm not going to complain.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's Oklahoma. It'll be just about what you expect exactly. It's usually it is.
Speaker 3: It is very fortunate.
Speaker 1: Now Day of Caring is coming up here in just a little bit and tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 5: So we had a little bit over sixty projects submitted this year, and a lot of them got snatched up immediately, but we still have about ten to fifteen left.
Speaker 3: So Dave of.
Speaker 5: Caring, it is a community wide day of volunteerism. A lot of the larger companies, even some of the smaller ones, we'll get together. They'll make up their teams of people, they'll get a really awesome T shirt, and then they'll go out and they will team up with some nonprofits around town. We've got them from Salvation Army. Let's see, we've got to the sunn Avian Research Center. That's always a big hit. Kasa Haspana. She puts all the ones with the tamalis and the enchiladas on there. Those get snatched up right away. But just some really awesome ways to volunteer, get out of the office a little bit, and the companies will pay for you to do that, which is also just a really fantastic thing that these companies.
Speaker 2: It's great team building outside the office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been a part of these things before and they paid big dividends.
Speaker 2: You get to see a completely different side of your coworkers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you find yourself appreciate the people you're around just a whole lot more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take care of the organization that doesn't have sometimes doesn't have time to do that.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's the big plus for me is that it's you know, it's great team building and it's helping those agencies and those organizations in school that are in the weeds doing the work to make sure our community can thrive.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they are in the week.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, anyway, this is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Now, how do we sign up? How do we get our businesses signed up for day of Care?
Speaker 5: So you can go to the Bartelesville uw dot org website. If you scroll down a little bit, we have a little Day of Caring button and you just click on that and you can sign up for a project. Whatever project is on that list is available.
Speaker 2: No, do we do this.
Speaker 1: All on one day since it says the day, or do we have like several days, but your day is your day? Yes?
Speaker 5: So we so the companies like it. They like it when we have one designated day just in case. There's some projects that are super flexible. But then we do have some like a gop a empty bowls that has to happen on a certain day.
Speaker 3: We're set up for the events.
Speaker 5: We do have some event help on there, so those will happen on certain days. But for the most part, most of these projects will take care of take place on the day of caring, but they don't always have to. So if you're like, well, I'm a little busy on that day, I can't necessarily do it on September twenty fourth, that's okay because a lot of these are flexible programs and projects that you can do.
Speaker 3: My goodness, she covered it.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: You guys got something moving parts out of it? Yeah, yeah, drive it person, dizzy, try to keep up.
Speaker 2: With you all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see this great here, that's.
Speaker 4: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: It is it?
Speaker 4: Well that that means I probably will need to change it, but.
Speaker 2: This is great. How do we find you on the World Wide Web?
Speaker 5: It is Bartlesville UW dot org.
Speaker 2: All right, wre Can we find you physically four.
Speaker 3: Fifteen East Silas.
Speaker 4: There's a baby buffalo in our front and then you can call at nine one eight three three six one.
Speaker 3: Zero four four. And because I always talk about T.
Speaker 4: Shirts, this year we're gonna have T shirts that are that will be used for our day of carrying and our campaign because we're always trying to save some extra dollars and we realized how how important it was for us to to make one T shirt that could cover all of that. Yeah yeah, so, and then our the you know, it's we're going with United is the Way, and that's what our T shirts will say that we're it's going to be a great looking T shirt. I stand by it. It has my sale of approval. But so we'd be happy to give give you a T shirt if you wanted to come by our office and learn more about the United Way.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, they won't you with one and come in.
Speaker 1: But this is great. This is absolutely great. Barns recentally United Way.
Speaker 3: Ladies, thank you very much for Thank you. We always appreciate the radio and their support