Speaker 1: Welcome to destiny.
Speaker 2: Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning, My twenty six is not a year to be written off. It's one of those rare pivotal moments in the astrology where the sky stops whispering and starts screaming at us loudly. If we're talking reality shifting conjunctions with historic implications and eclipses that close a big karmic chapter in one area of your life, only to begin shifting your destiny in a completely new way. Twenty twenty five was a year of big cosmic shifts, with all of the outer planets and the lunar nodes changing science. It was a year of major disruption, marked by pivotal endings and nebulous new beginnings. And while the astrology of twenty twenty six does bring much needed support and momentum while nudging this storyline along, it also reroutes the entire plot. If you've been patiently waiting for a year that actually moves the needle in your healing, your purpose, your relationships, your spiritual growth, and your role within the collective, twenty twenty six is that year.
Speaker 1: Well. At the beginning of the new year, twenty twenty six, and typically we're looking at ways of understanding what we can look forward to in the year. Those of us who are into divination toreu ruins and in this case astrology, we are learning what to expect and we're listening to I should say, that's astrology with Heather. She's a very popular YouTube astrologer who's giving us kind of a global look at what the how the year will unfold, and how to go about, you know, doing your thing to be as successful. And that's the theme today is astrology, trends, personality, character types, and how the stars of the constellations influence us. Hey, this is clip your host of Destiny, and today we're looking at how our ancestors used astrology, and not just that the discovery of a new or perhaps old astrology that was handed down from likely an unknown civilization. This goes as far back as the ruins of Goebecley Tepee and Turkey, where they've found evidence of many of the zodiac signs on the t pillars. And also when we go to Egypt at the Dinderra Temple known as the Hathorpe Temple, there's a very famous astrological roof that was used for skygazing connections, but that has the astrology, has the astrological figures carved into it, and so that's a big, big piece of data that our ancestors were using astrology for not only individual use, but also for greater prognostication, in other words, predicting how wars were going to be fought, the best time to go to war, the best time to plant your crops, the best time to get married, the best time to have children. I've mentioned it many times. With the astrology that was used in Mesoamerica, most notably by the Maya, was highly sophisticated and they would use it for predicting and I think even some prophecy on what to expect in the year to come and how people would fare. And also and my teacher who mus Men, mentioned this many times. They actually were able to help people, i should say, show people how to conceive, how to conceive children, the best time to make, the best month, weekday that you could have children, and the outcome from those couplings. So we don't use astrology in quite the same manner anymore, And of course our current science doesn't believe it in anything having to do with astrology at all. But we know the Maya, we know the Dynastic Egyptians, we know the Sumerians, Babylonians, Chinese and other and the Hindu the Vedic systems. They used astrology with great accuracy and really helped people understand how the year would unfold. So that's what our program is today. And I want to also mention that my guest today is Graham Phillips. We haven't had Grandma probably a good year and a half. We have him on when he has right. When he writes, he writes a great deal. But this new work is fascinating simply because it connects, as I mentioned earlier, with go Beckley Tepi. He has developed and found what he calls the Mesoamerican Zodiac, and this is something that no one has really heard of before, but it is really an eye opener because it relates to a much earlier people. So today's program is the original Zodiac, and my guest is Graham Phillips. I've been talking about Chattanooga whiskey now for a few months, and I tell you, I just can't get enough of it. The ninety one, which is my favorite. It's like dark chocolate to every other bourbon's milk chocolate. It uses roasted caramel malt and toasted honey malt and custom toasted and charred oak barrows. The oak barrels really give it an amazing flavor and the results are a much richer, more complex bourbon. And the ninety one is now available in one point five liter bottles in select states. If you can't get it in your area, go to seal box dot com to buy all the latest releases. They make a number of very complex bourbons and some specialty spirits as well. Seal Boxes S E. E, L, B, A, CHS D dot com and you can get it pretty much anywhere. This is the best bourbon I have ever had. Chattanooga Whiskey is a small distillery in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and their whiskey is outstanding. Again Chattanooga Whiskey this holiday, pick up a bottle of their ninety one. I swear by it. It's the best burbon I've ever tasted. Chatnooga Whiskey dot com. This is the beginning of the year, which means is that we want to look at the year from I like to call it divination. And those are ruins, and those are Toro, and I also believe that the zodiac, which is astrology, is a part of that. We're featuring a new book by Graham Phillips. It's called The Original Zodiac. What Ancient Astrology Reveals about You. And it's fun to talk about astrology in general because it's predictive in some ways and also well, as we'll learn today, gives us a sense of individual personalities and character development. But if you're not familiar with Graham, Graham is a brilliant writer when it comes to King Arthur. In fact, if you look at his Facebook page, he's always looking and hoping for a big dig somewhere and we can unveil where King Arthur was buried. But it's also very popular and has discussed and written extensively about the Templar Knights. Graham, welcome back to Destiny. What was the I mean this is a departure for you. When did you get involved with the astrology? Let's talk about that for a man.
Speaker 3: Well, as you say, most of my books have all been about researching historical mysteries and going back. This whole thing started back in the mid nineteen nineties, so thirty years ago, and I was doing a book then about the life of Alexander the Great. Now he ended up dying in Babylon, which was the largest city in the world at the time, in what's now Iraq, And I was reading various accounts of his life that were written by his scribes at the time, and I came across I think I found quite fascinating. It was the Greeks who pretty much invented the zodiac we now know and love, with Scorpio and Aquarius and Ares and that sort of thing. The Greeks who are the ones who desired I did it into these twelve signs. But Alexander, when he was in Greece was getting his astrologers and he was right into it to predict what might happen to him in these coming campaigns. And he says, his scribes say that the astrologers in Babylon were saying, oh, no, no, it's not twelve signs, We've got eighteen. Now. It didn't say anymore. They just said it was you know, Alexander wouldn't have this. But I thought, well, they don't refer more to this. I would like to look into it and see what these eighteen signs were. And that is how it started and from the point of actually knowing there was an eighteen signs sodieat that seems to have preceded the Greek twelve sign one. To finding out what these signs actually were and how they were interpreted has taken thirty years.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Talk a little bit about why you believe the Greeks were the discoverers. I asked question because I've been to Middle East many times and at Half Temple and Dindera, there's a very famous ceiling that the French removed and brought to Paris, and you can see this original zodiac constellations, and I would think that that's much older than the Greeks the early So I don't know if it's Old Middle or New York Kingdom Egyptians who created the ceiling. But how do you, speculator, how do you provide us information that the Greeks were the ones who invented astrology.
Speaker 3: Now, the Greeks didn't invent the zodiac. They created the twelve sign one we have today. Oh, Theydia, I think it's about eighteen sixteen signs or something. There are other signs earlier than the Greeks. The Mayans had a I think it was a forty signed zodiac or something. The Indians had one that was pretty old, you know, at again and no, what it is is the one we notice, prays. It is probably easy if I explain for those who don't know what exactly the zodiac is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: There are stars everywhere, and they're divided up by astronomers today into eighty eight signs, but they're all over the place. The zodiac twelve signs are just once in a particular band around the Sun, and they are the band in which the Earth, the Moon, and the planets appear to orbit the Sun. In fact, they orbit it in a roughly flat plane. So consequently we've seen from Earth the Moon, the stars, etc. Are only ever in one of these twelve constellations, not in the others. They're never in the constellation of O'Brian, for example, or the Big Dipper. They're only in the twelve constellations of the zodiac. Now, the ancients, the Greeks and like other people who divided it separately, believe that at certain times when planets or the sun were in certain positions in the zodiac as seen from Earth, meant different things. And the Greeks what they said, is when the sun is in a particular zodiac sign, that means one thing, and when it's moves the next it means something else. And how they divided the zodiac up was into twelve roughly equal segments to correspond with their months that began. Their new year began on March of twenty first at the spring equinox, and then they had a roughly equal twelve months from then. And okay, let's say the sign aries, for example, you look at that. It doesn't look anything like a RAM. I know that when you see these star charts, they'll draw around and they'll use some of the stars to actually fit where its ears are or whatever. But the RAM sign aries is just a basically a squiggly line. If you join the stars up and there's not much. None of the other stars look very much like they're supposed to be. Now. The way the Greeks worked out what the star sign what each other. They'd named the months after these creatures. They'd named them after aries. The ram, they'd named enough of scorpion, the scorpion, scorpy of the scorpion, and so forth. And the reason they'd chose those particular signs is because the people who were born at that time of the year when the sun was in that particular constellation, seemed to share characteristics in common. For example, people who were born in aries seemed to be have ram like characteristics. They barged their head, there were good leaders, lion leo, brave people, scorpions, people with a sting in the tail. They created these months named after characteristics people born at that time of the year seemed to share, and then said right, well, we'll just make stars formed roughly into that particular shape. So that's how it came about. Other civilizations, like the Egyptians you mentioned, had different signs, like, for example, what we now call scorpio was seen by the Egyptians as two turtles. The Mayon saw that same sign what's now scorpio as a snake. So how each is different. But the one that we have today was inherited from the Greeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so before we get into this what you call Mesopotamian zodiac with eighteen signs, I want to talk about energy. It is my I study the Mayan astroto astrology and astronomy and their cosmological focus. They believe everything has energy. I want you to talk a little bit about the influence of planetary systems or cosmological influences on people. That's an energetic influence, isn't It isn't what you call that energy from a planet's what do you call it? The gravity of the planet, the constellational's influence on a person. I want you to talk a little bit about the energy, because no one talks about the energetic influence on zodiac science on a person, which creates all these characteristics.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems, I mean, it's only literally now that we have scientific evidence to back up the fact that people are born at a certain time of the year do have characteristics in common. Now people might say, Okay, the stars are so far away, they're light years of the way, they can't affect personality and characteristics because you're born then. And the planets, how are they doing it? Well, it seems that research that was done at Tel Aviv University just a couple of years ago by a team of scientists looking into cellular biology. They've found that when like animals that are born at different times of the year, or plants or anything throughout the year, they change like, for example, in the winter, they need to have more fur, they need to change the color of the fur. Like squirrels or foxes, they need that. Other times to the year is the time that they mate and so on. Now, going back to when before we were humans, even going back to our remote ancestors, the seasons affected us. So now, according to the research it's been done at Tel Aviv, they now know that throughout the year, hormones change in our bodies. It may not actually do much to us on the surface of things, but it affects the growth of an embryo. So a woman who is pregnant for nine months during a certain period has different biological reactions, different hormone effects than somebody who's somebody who's pregnant at a different times. In other words, people are born at the same time, have they've gone through a period of gestation in the womb of the same time as somebody else, so they've got all the same hormones affecting them. Somebody a month later has got slightly different hormones. And this, the Tel Aviv scientists said, could very well affect how people who are born then may actually appear, sometimes their features, their characteristics, their likes dislikes, and it could really have an effect. So this is the first actual, historic, actual scientific evidence that certainly when you're born in the year natal astrologiers they call it can actually work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you call it chronobiology, which I thought was a fantastic term, having to do a hormone distribution throughout the different parts of the year. And this is a big deal. And this also helps with the evidence does astrology work. I want you to talk a little bit about the fact that, and you talk about this in your book, it's not wu wu It's an actual fact that our ancestors, the ancients aligned and understood that there are certain physical attributes of being born in a certain time of year, and that these planets and star systems can affect us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean going back to how we found out what particular signs for damp police eighteen signs Adiak, how it actually be he does seem to work. The Greeks at Alexander's time mentioned this eighteen signed zodiac. It took quite a long time to do research to find out anything about it. But there's a kind of four thousand year old inscribed tablets in the British Museum that was found in ancient Babylon in the ancient Babylonian Empire. That tells us that there were eighteen signs. It tells us what times of the year they correspond to, but it doesn't tell us what the creatures were that were represented as these things in the zodiac. And it wasn't until two thy and ten when they started to excavate kbecley Tepe in eastern Turkey, which is a northern part of Mesopotamia, as was that they found inscribed stones there with the animals on it that represented these eighteen signs. Now, the problem is still nobody actually knew how each of these signs would be interpreted. So I thought, well, okay, it seems to be let's say the first sign was the spider. That seems to have been for people born between March twenty first and April ninth. So I gathered, well, if it's sort of like the Greek one, it characteristics people born, then are going to have that share it with the creature? Then obviously a spider. It creates a web. It's creative, it's always the ancient sign of creativity. It's also a loner. It doesn't swarm around with other spiders like bees or ants or something like that it lives on its own. So maybe people and that particular sign are going to be solitary people. They're going to be perhaps people who are considered to be artistic and creative. But okay, how do I discover more? I thought, well, the only way because there's no ancient writings survived that tell us how they work this out. I thought, well, the only way is to do if it works, it works, and to do a survey of people born in each sign to see if they share characteristics. Are they athletic, are they artistic? Are they intellectual?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And so on. But I started to do this and thought, this is going to take forever. No enough people, I mean the Greeks and these other people that worked, you know, the Mayans, the people of India, the Egyptians would have spent years, generations writing down these things and observing these ideas and gradually coming up with what the signs were. And I thought was impossible. So I put it off until a couple of years ago. I thought, God, there is a way of doing it. Ai. So I literally went and chatted ept or whatever the equivalent I was using back then. I said, give me two hundred people born famous people born between this date and that date. They're there. Oh, give me a list of those who are artists, those who are sports people, those who have got this in common that and it was able to work it out within seconds from the.
Speaker 1: Whole My god.
Speaker 3: And that's how I was and what I found was absolutely astonishing, was based on this biggest survey that probably had ever been conducted until that point on people's personality, traits and characteristics in common in each sign over each time of the year. I mean, I don't think anybody had done this before. Any survey earlier than this had never had so many people involved in it. It really did seem to show that people had similar characteristics in common. And now only in the last couple of years there's a possibility scientifically as to why this might be the case. And that's the research that were done in Tel Aviv.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you real quickly, because you did bring up the British Museum, and we've had various people on that work at the British Museum. You're saying that you did discover some cuneiforms, which are the stone tablets, but they were just very vague in their description.
Speaker 3: Of the vague they basically mentioned what each of these. For example, the first signs I mentioned was the spider. They just had talked about that particular sign being called the brush. Now everybody thought that would be something the hair, but in early in early Sumerian, which is the first civilization to invent uniform the spider was known as the desert brush because it goes along quickly and it kicks up dust. So it was things like that, And they all the other particular creatures had they were given the names of gods. The gods that read. Each of the gods of the of the mess pertainments obviously was represented by animals in similar way that the lot of the Egyptian gods have have got animal heads, like the jackal headed god, a new bits and so on. But we didn't actually know, like, for example, there was one called pai yon Bong. I think that's how they pronounce it. I really would.
Speaker 1: I was changed.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody does know. They can only work out roughly. Nobody knew. Well, I certainly didn't back then that that was a swan, or at least a god that was represented by a swan, And it wasn't. And so I've got all these representations and names of gods and sort of characteristics of these gods from these cuneiform things, but nothing actually said what animals would represent, only that animals represented them, but not what they were apart from a couple, which was the vulture and the snake. But other than that, we just didn't know until the discovery of Gobechy Teppe of all these carved animals. I mean, for those who don't know, Beckley Teppe is sort of like stone enge, except that hasn't got the lentil stones around the top of the arches, and it's like imagine once something like that, but a number of stone enges down in the ground so that the top half is visible and the tops of the stones in a kind of t shape. And there are a lot of these, and they were built around ten thousand years ago, and they are marvelous carvings, way before anybody else was carving things like this, and the animals really do look like the animals they're supposed to be. And the only reason it was preserved for so long is that when the people of Godecti Tepi moved away, probably because of climate change it got drier, they actually buried all these stone circles, so they survived and nobody knew they were there until recently. And when we saw what these particular animals were and their relation to each other drawn on stones in the circle, it became fairly obvious that they were connected in some way, at least with these ancient descriptions of the zodiac in cuneiform from ancient Mesopotamia. And that's how it was all put together.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, would you say, I mean, Gourbetti Teppe is a fairly recent discovery. Well, let's say ten years ago. That's when the Schmidt was releasing the data. We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Graham Phillips, presenting his newest release, The Original Zodiac. Will be right back. My guest today is Graham Phillips. He's written a new book on ancient astrology, known as the Original Zodiac. What ancient astrology reveals about you, and what he has discovered is what he terms Mesopotamian astrology with eighteen zodiac signs. Did you make a connection with the Babylonians that they were the ones that were using the eighteen signed zodiac and then jump into the people of the Templar, not the Templars. I can't think of the name of the people who are part of go back to Tappy, but you know who I'm talking about, so that you're identifying them. But would you say that you call it the Mesopotamian zodiac, would you say that that's where you kind of made a aha moment with the Babylonians using the eighteen sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Basically, in the middle of Mesopotamia was an ancient area known as the Fertile Crescent. It's not really much of a crescent, it's more of a straight line, but it was a fertile area around the rivers Euphrates and the River Tigress, and it went from what's now the Gulf of the very southern part of what is now Iraq right up north and it ended in what's now eastern Turkey. But Beckley is at the top of that. Babylon's in the middle. But so, okay, the first civilization that we know of people who built cities and things are the Sumerians. They came from southern Mesopotamia. Now, they started building cities and became and seemed to have invented writing around five thousand, three hundred years ago, exactly the same time as the Egyptians started doing it in a completely different way. They didn't share the same writing system, they didn't build in the same way, they didn't have their art isn't anyway like the same as each other. And at the same time. Again, all the way over in India, in what well now what's part of Pakistan, the Indus civilization around the Indus Valley.
Speaker 4: They started doing it being building cities, developed writing and their own form of art exactly the same time, but totally dissimilar from the other two.
Speaker 3: Now there's a big mystery. What suddenly inspired three completely different civilizations for the first time ever to start building things, develop writing, and start making all these amazing carvings. It's a mystery.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, returning to Mesopotamia, but they had earlier people before they started building cities in southern Mesopotamia, and they they used clay tablets to draw on, so they had some early form of communication drawing on these tablets, and they depicted the stars and things like this, and they also seemed to draw maps and so on, much before anybody else was doing it. In India or Egypt. So it goes way back, and it seems the further north that you go in Mesopotamia you've got earlier discoveries right up through into Turkey. Now I began to think, before they discovered Gebecley Tepe, this is back in the late nineties, I thought, I reckon, there's got to be some earlier civilizer. There's something earlier up there that all these people came from. And I thought they would be fairly primitive. But when g Beckley Teppe was discovered, it shown to have been as advanced as anything else. I mean, it's certainly as advanced a stone Enge that's only five thousand years old.
Speaker 1: For they had a cosmology, definitely, Yeah, and they had a cosmology.
Speaker 3: They're carving put things on stones that nobody else was doing for thousands of years. Well, it can't have been isolated. They've got to have come from somewhere. They've got to have learned how to cut stones. We know, for example, with stone Enge, that they were doing that over a good few centuries before building that kind of smaller stone circles until they could eventually do Stonehenge. We know that they gradually develop different forms of pottery, and they were learning to fire pottery in a better way, and that we could see the progression. But there's nothing like that at Kabekley Tepe. It suddenly seems to be a kind of culture that's thousands of years in advance of what it should be, and there's nothing around there that sort of shows how they got to that point. And then if he continued to go north, it's not much further north than that, and you've got the Black Sea now that is now, I mean, a huge great lake if you like, which is bigger than all the Great Lakes combined. That's until around about ten thousand years ago, was a low lying area and it was separated from the Mediterranean by a big spur of rocks, like a mountain chain, if you like. But then as the ice melted after the end of the Ice Age and sea levels rose, eventually the sea poured over the top of this thing, and there was like an almighty waterfall, hundreds of times larger than the Niagara Falls that poured into this area. And over a period of years the whole thing was flooded. And that is believed to be by many people. The story behind Noah's flood in the Bible. Now, it's very likely that the original civilization that had developed how to build things like the Beckley Teppe had come from what's now at the bottom of the Dead Sea. So it's basically a lot of civilization I think we're talking about that may have event originally come up with these ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What I like about your book, Graham, is that you are not able to find how they define the signs of the eighteen symbols. You were able to basically you reinterpreted them and you gave them your own personality and characters, as you call them. One of the things I want to ask you is why would they take have eighteen? Of course the Maya you say, there's many more than eighteen, But the Maya are also a conundrum in terms of development. We really don't know a lot about them. But why would we go from eighteen to twelve? Was as simple as it was, It just simplifying the whole process. Do you think what's you're thinking on that?
Speaker 3: Well, these signs is now we just considered a zodiac signs to be something to do with When we read in the paper, we find what our sign is much likely to happen to us. Yeah, we want to read our sun side to find out what we like or what have, who we're going to marry or something. But these particular signs back in ancient Greece, and we know this because they've recorded it where they're months of the year. So remember I said it started at March twenty first, that's when the zodiac starts. Now, the first sign of the zodiac starts around March twenty first, at beginning of the ancient Greek new year, at the beginning of the growing season, at the equinox, when day and night of equal length in March, and they had twelve because before that, before Hellenistic Greece, in Ancient Greece, they used to have the months, as the name suggest is, moons, their moons in the year, and that are approximately twelve moons every year. In fact, there's more like twelve and a half, so some years have thirteen moons in them, from new moon to new moon or full moon to full moon and some so basically, if you end up starting like a lot of the ancient cultures did, starting the ah, starting the new year on the first full moon after the spring equinox. In other words, it could be at the beginning of April. It could be the end of March. You have a full moon, or sometimes in some cultures it's a new moon to the next new moon. So you start with a full moon the first that the first full moon after the twenty first of March, so you then have the first month is to the next four moon and the next one where you're going to get sometimes twelve in a year. Sometimes you're going to get twelve and a half because it's the moon to go from all for more these twenty eight days, well twelve twenty eight days doesn't fit another that is thirteen, so you got like twelve and a half, and it was very awkward. Keep changing the calendar every year, and we've still got something that spills over from the ancient calendar. It is why Easter changes every year because when the Church decided to base what Easter is, they based it on based on pagan calendars such as the Anglo Saxons that started their years at the first full moon after the spring equinox, and that's how Easter is still worked out. They have Easter is the first. It has to be on a Sunday, the first Sunday following the first full moon after the equinox. That's why it changes all the time. And that goes way back to how the Greeks used to divide up the year. But then somewhere about the time of Alexander or that period the Hellenistic Greek color chat they turned around and said, because we're conquering off the world now, we're going to have to standardize time. So they decided to chop the months into roughly the same time, so it's either thirty days or thirty one days. One's about twenty eight. But they created the months we now well we now know as zodiac science. They were there months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that I know that it.
Speaker 3: Comes about because of something completely different.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that I know that you've been studying this for decades, Graham. Today the most widely used astrological focus is the Western chart, the Vedic, Hindu chart, and the Chinese chart. Would you say in your study, is that they have all extracted the majority of their data from the Mesopotanian zodiac or are they taking it piecemeal and, as you say, developing their own sense of the character development on each of them those zodiacs. That's a big question.
Speaker 3: No, But I think that this is only guess work. Well, I mean, I know what the Greeks did. I know they because it is recorded that they sat down over many years and generations and generally worked out that people born at certain times shared certain characteristics in common, and they made note of them. It took forever. I mean, now I could recreate this ancient Zodiah with an ai ever recorded. They couldn't do that. It took forever. Now, I think that this, and because of the research that's now shown that people bought at different times of the year really do seem to have characteristics in common. And people all swear that, you know, even people who don't tend to believe in mystical things will tend to swear by their sun sign and say I really am like that, or they'll ask you, oh, you sound like a scorpio to me, or whatever. And I think that this was observed in many places, and I would say the Mayons and the Indians and the Egyptians all did something similar. Now, why they divided it into eighteen signs? It seems to have something to do with the same reason. Do you know a circle is divided into three hundred and sixty degrees? Now, why three hundred and sixty degrees, why not five hundred? This thirty six thing seems to have been very important in ancient times. Eighteen is half of thirty six. The ancient Egyptians but originally had thirty six signs of their zodiac. We don't know exactly know how they all wear until that Dendra zodiac came along, and that's got not thirty six. That's slightly different. But they eighteen seems to have something to do with because that eighteen is half thirty six and thirty six is a tenth of three d. In other words, it's something to do with the way they divided the year up. And I don't quite know what it is, because I'm no expert on dividing the years up, not other than what I've search to do with the Mesopotamian zodiac, some mathematical thing. Anyway, I'm going to pick.
Speaker 1: Your brain in a minute here, Graham on some specifics on these different zodiacs in the Mesopotamian calendar. But before I do that, were you able to identify the majority of the eighteen and gobeck the tepee on the te pillars or are you only able to find a handful I.
Speaker 3: Managed to get them all in the end. There's the spider, the orerox, which is an early form of an early wild cattle, not like a buffalo, the mouflon, which is an early wild sheep with massive horns, the vulture, the gazelle, the serpent, the crayfish, the lion. You swan.
Speaker 1: I found the crayfish. That was the big one. I was wondering because I've never seen a fish on any of the pillars.
Speaker 3: You found one, a crayfish. The crayfish is on pillars. You can see. It's funny, little leggs. Wow, it's like a lobster, a little lobster.
Speaker 1: Oh, crayfish is like a yeah, it's like a lobster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just Yes, there is a fish there. But on the Beckley Teppie things, there isn't. On the stones, there isn't a fish, but there's wavy lines that seem to represent water sagged lines. So the only reason I know it would be a fish rather than just saying zig zag lines is because the god or goddess in fact that represents that month in the Babylonian Cuneiform tablets is represented by a fish, so that seems to be what it is. But yeah, no, all the signs are there. I mean it starts to say with the spider. If you're bought between March the twenty first and April the ninth, you're the spider. The spider is a solitary creature with the remarkable ability to create an extraordinary web. Likewise, those born in this sign are independent and highly creative thinkers. That's the way I've written it, based on what I've found out. Famous spiders, Joann Sebastian Bart. There's a lot of musicians here, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Elton, John, Diana Ross, Lady Gaga all born in that sign. It seems to be a sign of musicians. That's amazing when you're born.
Speaker 1: I was Swan September.
Speaker 3: I'm a swamp too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked it up. Oh you are wonderful. Before we hey, I want to ask you the Mesopotamian Zodier. So if Gobecley Tippy, if the people who are the temple guardians or educators or whatever, we don't really still don't really know what Gobecky Teppy was. It was a temple. We know that. Uh does that reflect on their understanding on planetary constellations and their influence on people. Why would they what's your what's your decode for these astrological science of Goebecery, Tippy? What does that make you? What is that? How does that? How do we reference that? What?
Speaker 3: I would say that if they considered that people were born at certain times the year they noticed they may have shared characteristics in common, then they would have considered that there have been some sort of entity, some kind of god or some sort of spirit that was responsible for that. And because they were mainly in an agrarian society, I mean, they didn't build cities, They lived off the land, they would have associated things with the animals that that that they were around them. They were a society that seems to have been transferring, transforming from a hunter gatherer society to people who are farming for the first time. But to be quite honest, I don't think they could have built what they built without some point in the past being a much more settled farming type communities. They wouldn't have had time to build those things or stay in the same place to build those things if there were hunter gatherers. So, in other words, everything tied up with the forces of nature. I mean, plants are grown at certain times, they've planted at certain times, they're reaped at certain times. And each of these creatures was probably that they saw around them was associated with that time of the year. So at the time of the year when you've got a wolf or you've got a swallow or an eagle or whatever, they would have thought those creatures needed to be appeased or I don't think that they did sacrifices, but certain rituals or ceremonies would take place for that particular creature to look fondly upon them, so that crops grew, so that they that the fruit worked out right, or so there wasn't the two about a frost or or whatever. And I think that's how they thought about these creatures. They had a living association with the with the stars out there that they thought represented these creatures and the creatures around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very big on that. Your colleague Andrew Collins believes that the original people who founded Go Beckley, Teppe, Karahan, Teppy and the other Teppees were from a very sophisticated culture. He doesn't he doesn't say Atlantis, but he he intimates that they were very sophisticated. What do you believe were the people?
Speaker 3: Well, as I mentioned before, I think they came from what's now at the bottom of the Black Sea. Unfortunately, since they've had a kind of really advanced sonar and and underwater detection equipment that can see the remains of what might be down there. I mean it's been down there for thousands of years, it's going to have You can't just sort of go down in a sub and see it. Since I've actually had the sort of things that can look down and tell what used to be there is the science of an ancient civilization. Then since then, it's only been in the last few years it's been a war zone because it's right by Ukraine that the Russians are and the Ukrainians are fighting over and so you're not going to go out there with it. I mean you go there at your peril. You're likely to get blown up if you try and do a marine survey at the bottom of the Black Sea. So we're going to have to wait for that war to be over and things to calm down before we really know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Graham Phillips, introducing his latest book, The Original Zodiac. We'll be right back with you. It's the new year, and so we are talking about zodiac, the astrology, the horoscope of the world, the ancient world, and how our ancestors used astrology, and some hints at some sites around the Middle East that have very very old evidence of astrology as well. For those of you listening, Graham has listed the eighteen different Mesopotamian zodiac, the original Zodiac, and he has the actual date range, so you can find which zodiac you are. And can you give us if I give you, like, pull out three of these unusual signs. Can we give a little highlight on the personality and the character of the person that reflects Yes, sure, okay, let's do. And I'm fascinated by this one position six, which is the serpent, which is people born July second through July twentieth. What is the character of that person?
Speaker 3: Okay, I've written the movings down there, so I can say, you say, with that sort of trying to remember it all because.
Speaker 1: Of highlight, Graham, because I know you go very into a great deal of death in the book, just to give us a highly because I want to go and do a handful before we.
Speaker 3: Difference of people who are considered to be to be a mine of knowledge. Serpent has always been the sign of wisdom in the ancient world, and as the serpent has also also been the sign of medicine. Like the one with the two serpents around it, serpent is a sign of healings. So a lot of people born in this sign tend to be people who find professions in the doctors, nurses, that sort of thing. There are also people who are creative there. They tend to have crea. Although they're created, they tend to not go along with others and not the sort of people who follow fashions easy. They're the kind of people who tend to want to make their own fashion and dressing a way, for example, that's different to others. That's the that's a simple answer to the.
Speaker 1: Sertment, beg you, that was great. Let's do because this one's curious to me. The crayfish. These are people who are born July twenty first through August tenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The crayfish is basically a small lobster and it's people.
Speaker 1: He's seen it.
Speaker 3: I mean I've never eaten one, but they're, you know, small lobster looking thing. They were. Kubec Tepi isn't the sort of place where you would find things like that now, or in that northern part of Mesopotamia or in many parts. But it was much much wetter back at the time. There was much more rainfall, it was much more It's a much more easier place to live than it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand years ago, and crayfish, based on the archaeological find, was a main part of their diet. They must there must have been loads of them in the local rivers because I mean they're about this big. I mean like us eating shrimps now, I suppose, and they were considered a food of choice when they were traveling around. They could never eat crayfish, so crayfish were et at We know this. We don't know exactly what the people at with Beckley Teppy were doing, but we know what the Babylonians thought about. The early civilizations thought about crayfish. They were considered to be royal fish. They were considered to be something you only ate at special occasions. People who are born in that sign, enjoy themselves. They like to celebrate. They tend to be the kind of person who is the center of attention. They are extroverted, and they are associated with entertainments and laughter and fun. They're there. Doesn't mean to say that they're completely fun loving and not serious, but they're the kind of people. From the outside point of view, they look like the kind of people that are enjoying life, and they are good entertainers. They're good leaders too, or at least they can inspire people. They're good speakers. That's what people are going under the crayfishes.
Speaker 1: Basically, I like this a lot, Grahama. I like what you're having to seeing a lot. I want I want you to talk a little bit about how the shaman at goebecley Teppe would work with these individuals. And I'm just assuming they would cast a zodiac or an astrological chart for different people. Let's talk about the healing and the wellness aspect. If you know someone's character and we're talking about hormonal releases and stuff like that, you can use that as a form of care healthcare too, can't you. Someone who may.
Speaker 3: Be experiencing probably did based on this isn't from Gebeckley Tep because there's not enough work being done. Now, there's not been enough. G Beckley Teppy is found to know exactly how they want to bad this. But getting a couple thousand years later than that, there are early stone circles found in northern Iraq that have got these creatures. Some of these creatures carved on these stones, not to the extent and not as good as Quebecu Tepe, because they seem to have been going backwards in a kind of technological sense, until suddenly they jumped forward ahead with the Samarians over a few thousand years later. But based on some of these finds, what's happened is that they've found, for example, near Ninivah, the ancient city of Ninevah, which is in what's now northern Iraq. In there but before ninev was built as a city, these little stone circles have got these. Near each of the stones they find bones and they're the bones of the animals associated with each of these signs. So for example, they find the bones of swans which no longer live in that area it's far too dry now, buried beneath a stone which seems to be in the area that would align with that particular zodiac on the on the twenty first of March, the ancient New year, as I was talking about. So okay, so they were putting bones of the animals next to all these, burying the animals in little graves in a circle. But outside of that, they've found pottery that inside it that when the archaeologists are able to analyze what's there, they've found pottery that has substances in it which certainly wouldn't be for eating. And they're not sort of something you would have for a loosergenical purposes to have visions. They're things that are used for healing, things that are analgesic, things that can cure things like ringworm in the ancient world, aren't used as of vapor chest rubs. In other words, each of these plants also seems to have been associated with each of these signs. So there's a whole lot to be discovered to do with these ancient medicine. They thought, well, people born at a certain time of the year, they'll respond better to this medicine than that. But we don't know. Only it's only tantanizing glimpses of what went on. But it's fascinating and they were knowing. They did this way before the first civilizations were built that we know of.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a huge, huge advantage for healing. If you really know that the person's physiological makeup and what influences these hormones, which are huge parts of the body, that's a gigantic leap in research and discovery.
Speaker 3: Well, it's more than just looking at people and saying, ah, they look a bit like a ram. They may behave a little bit like a lion. They are No, they obviously there's a lot of psychology going on here. There's a lot of physiology, medicine, and no. I mean, and this I think maybe at that can't no proof, But to my mind it is the remnants of some earlier civilization that maybe what's at the bottom of the Black Sea. I can't see what else it would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great idea. Do you think that the Chinese, the Hindu which are the Indians, the Greeks and so forth, the Maya got a blueprint for the basics of astrology and then kept developing it to a high degree.
Speaker 3: It's difficult to tell because when I was mentioned those three civilizations that started off at the same time Egypt, in Africa, Mesopotament with the Sumerians, and then way over in India with the Indians, varily civilization at the same time. There's evidence, although it hasn't been thoroughly investigated, that it was a pre Olbic civilization. In Center from America, they were building pyramids, not out of stone, but out of you know, out of earth, and then covering the outsides with kind of slabs if you like, to make it look for the whole world as if you'd built the Bitimen out of stone. They there's evidence that they were doing that about the same time, and then something happened. It's not known quite what, but this civilization kind of reached a bit of a dead end, and it wasn't for a few hundred, few thousand year no bar half a century later, that the old Mechs actually got going. So it doesn't it seems all over the world, in places that were completely separated from each other, they all started building the same thing, early forms of writing, building stuff that they'd never done before. Civilization has got going something unless you believe that spacemen came down and did it, which obviously a lot of people do. I mean, they keep having me on it for some reason or other to normally what I do is talk about the historical things I've discovered, like King Arthur and Excalaba seems to have been real. And then they have Georgio saying it's a Reagan. It's a Reagan, fair enough, But anyway, unless it's Aliens, then somehow there's got to be a connection between these people. And is that something to do with what was at the bottom of the Black Sea. I don't know. I mean, I know that was much earlier on. There might be another part of this civilization that was now that maybe now at the bottom of the Black Sea, that must have spread somewhere else. People like Graham Hancock say there was a early civilization that spread out and still all these.
Speaker 1: Might be so yeah, Hancock's you know the way gods Quetza Quarol and so forth, educating the Meserle American people. And then you see people in China and people in Europe, people in Austria. It's hard to know. It's hard to know. This book is fascinating. The original zodiac, what ancient astrology reveals about you. As we close, Graham and we've brought this up in the very beginning. Can we look at continents like the US or the UK, or Australia or whatever and do some predictions using this Mesopotamian zodiac as to how the year is going to unfold.
Speaker 3: Well, basically, I won't going to the whole detyls of value work. They just explain it because we're running out of time. The symbol that appears to be full this coming. That are two main signs that are important for the coming year. This is twenty seventy six. Yeah, over this year. The first is the is the vulture. Now, vultures as animals, they basically pick up carcasses and they push each other out of the way, and they sort of grab what they want. They don't go hunting for their own, so they're grabbing stuff here, there, and there, and for the world as a whole, it is a time when people start grabbing other people's possessions. It's almost as if, say a leader of a country decides to grab another country's possessions. I think that's just happened with what President Trump has done in You've already got this going on in Russia with Putin trying to grab other places like Ukraine. I know that China certainly has got interest in taking over in Taiwan. So this is going to be something that could be happening this year. Because it's influenced by the vulture, there's a secondary influence. It's almost like a lunar influence. But I haven't gone into all that, but the lunar influence is the one and that basically tells you what to do about the negative part of the vulture in this particular year, and that is the swan is a creature that is gaily, is graceful in the air, graceful in the water, but waddles about on the land and it has to get into the water or take off before it can really do what it's supposed to do. So it's really a case of people should be working together. Those who aren't being grabbed by somebody else should stick together, and they should work in harmony like a swan flying in the air. Another thing that the swan represents is nature itself and its association with water. And it may be that people should start taking a bit more notice of climate change and things like that that a lot of people don't want to know about at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that fantastic climate change this uh grabbing. The vulture effect is much in play right now. Obviously, is there anything else on a subtle level, let's talk about health wise, because I'm curious what a larger entity of humans are going to be dealing with health wise this year. Do you have any sense on that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If again, it's the creature that every every year has got a couple of the signs associated with it. One is considered the sun, the other is considered the moon, and the sun sign, as I say, is the vulture, and the moon sign on this particular occasion is the swan. Now, if you attach that to medical matters on a worldly scale, the vulture is something it feeds on carrion, and it's not In other words, it doesn't hunt its own prey. It waits for something else to order it to die off. In other words, there's not enough productivity going on now. This suggests that there could be illnesses that come about in places that are not able to feed themselves properly. In other words, that could be outbreaks of things in third third world countries. There's nothing with those particular signs. I mean, I'm not saying this is absolutely right. This is simply what would seem to have been believed by the ancient Mesopotamians that it's not a sign there's going to be another pandemic or something like that, but basically it's a year that it's going to be more political upheavals than anything to do with diseases or pandemics. The swan, the moon sign of the swan, suggests that things could go a lot better this year than people expect, because remember the swan, If you just saw it waddling around on the ground, you'd think that stupid creature can't do anything. You see it flying and it can fly miles, it can fly forever, and you see it swimming. Right, It means that people have basically got a chance to get out of this mess, and this year is going to offer opportunities for the world to start going back onto a more even kill than it's been recently.
Speaker 1: Wow, Graham Phillips, a pleasure having you on the program. I want to ask you as we conclude this use of AI, I thought was wonderful to hear you talk about giving you an idea of what's going on. Do you see AI beginning to decipher ancient Sumerian cuneiforms, or aid in our understanding of earlier civilizations. I haven't heard any really good. You're the first person I've really heard was able to use it with any sense of quality. But I haven't heard anything pop as it have coming out from the archaeological community.
Speaker 3: No, they won't because the thing is that the way archaeologists do things is they dig in the ground, they find what's there, and they interpret it. They're scientists, they know their stuff. Historians they find ancient manuscripts, they determine what they mean and what it's all about. You get people who studied folklore who learn all about local traditions and things, and people study anthropology. Now, each of these guys are so completely focused on their thing they have to be to be able to do it. They focus so much they don't see what's going on through. The archaeologist doesn't see what the historian's doing, and vice versa, and they don't see what the folklare is of the anthropology is doing that. The Internet and it's the AI that can see everything. It's astonishing and how quickly it does. It can bring all this stuff together in one piece and say, right then, it's up to me, for example, researching it to sort that stuff out and say, ah, that ties up with that. And I'm not going to ask the AI. I'll say, how there's been pottery found in Mesopotamia dating from around seven thousand BC. Has there been anything found elsewhere in the world dating for that time that's similar to this. You've got your answer. Archaeologists and historians aren't going to use this. I can because I take an overall perspective and I think I'm one of the first people doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that the original Zoria just came out. For those of you who listening, you can get a copy of it on Amazon. Graham give us your website and how people can follow up and learn more about your work.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, my website is Graham Phillips dot net, dot com dot net, Graham Philips dot net. And on the first page there you will see all my books are about over the years, and you can just click on them, like, for example, the book I've just been talking about, and then there's a good few pages explaining what it's all about. Also, there's the links to my facebooks, my Facebook pages, and my a, my youe channel and everything else. So Graham Phillips dot net.
Speaker 1: Right, are you fairly active on YouTube, aren't you?
Speaker 3: You're doing Oh yeah, yeah on YouTube a lot, Yes, I do. I've got three I've got I've got a group called Questing, which I'm getting lots of people to join about trying to sort of do some amateurs sort of history on archaeological investigations and solving clues and looking for artifacts. I've got my own page which for my own account, which is people who know me, and then I've got a page. I think I've got about twenty five twenty something thousand followers on that. I haven't been doing that for that long, and I put up all the latest You mentioned that I was putting up a lot about King Arthur and doing archaeological digs. That's where I've put all the latest news on research that I've been doing. Yeah, so just putting us look for Graham Phillips author, I think. But there's link to that on the first page of my website. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Hey Graham, this is fun. It was great having you on the program, and much success on this new book.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Indeed, all eighteen signs are in this book and I'll mention that he goes into great detail, and this is eighty five percent of the book, great detail on each of these Mesopotamian zodiac signs, from Spider, which has number one, all the way down to Fox, which is eighteen. And it's easy to find your date your zodiac because it has the date ranges. As an example, the vulture is May twenty second through June tenth, the gazelle is June eleventh through July one, the Serpent is July second through July twentieth, and so forth and so on, and it's we're really well done. And if you follow along, you read the book, which by the way, you can get on Amazon, came out about six sixty days ago, no yeah, to October, and if you go to the website he follows it up with other details on the interpretation. Now what is I don't know. I think it's not so much challenging to hear that he believes that go Beckley Tippy has evidence of this. I think that it's probably a good hypothesis to say that these eighteen these eighteen horoscopes are at Gobecy Tippy, at Carahan Tippy because they are observational, their design is observational temples. There's various cuts in the stone for light to pass through. They're made to see their sunset, the sunrise, and the sociices and the and you know, different times of year. So very very likely that this is not a high apothesis, that he's really got something here. And this is a good book to look at if you're into the ancients and what they were interested in. Eighteen zodiac numbers. You know, he said something else too, I thought was interesting. He mentioned more than eighteen were used by the Maya and that's something I got to check out the original zodiac. What ancient astrology reveals about you just came out and get it on Amazon. Hey, the new year has started. That means it's time to think about spring break. Time to get away. Our seventh annual Grand Egyptian Tour is now engaged. You can see the entire itinerary by going to earthacients dot com forward slash tour. This tour is half off. It's half the typical price when you register for a two week tour in Egypt. We meet in Cairo. Part of the time, we float on the Nile River in luxury. This is what we call a five star tour, otherwise known as a diplomatic tour. Why why would we call it a diplomatic tour because you are treated like a representative of your country, of your state, of your city. We treat you with such respect. In fact, it's so amazing because as soon as you get off the plane, you're met by representative of the tour company, Saba Tours, and you are treated to the best of the best from start to finish until you leave and someone drives you to the airport and drops you off so you can get on your plane. This is a tour not to be missed. April twenty eighth through May tenth. All the details are on Earth Ancients, dot Com Forward Slash Tour. This is not to be missed. It's a fantastic tour. Come out and join us. All right, that's it for this program. I want I think my guest today Graham Phillips, coming to us from south of from London, England. As always the team of Geltour, Mark Foster Infeya Bravar you guys rock Happy New Year, Happy twenty and twenty, Happy twenty twenty six. Let's look forward to a good year, all right. Take care and be well, and we'll talk to you next time.