Speaker 1: This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Seifeld, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount.
Speaker 2: Now pissed off Radneck. You say we shouldn't allow anyone else through the time portal? All right, your goddamn right.
Speaker 3: These people from the future taking all the work away from us, decent, present day Americans.
Speaker 4: They dig our yub.
Speaker 5: They took our yub. Kick ass.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Going Down to South Park, the podcast where they're always digging a jibs, Arm Dando, we're taking jibs? Who are we taking jobs? What's the thing.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this as I was watching this episode, and obviously I've been through this. I worked at Ford when they went through the old We're gonna take all your jobs and taking to China and they took ad jebs. Yes, so I had then had to start podcasting full time, and I'm glad I did. It worked out for the better, right. But every time I see a celebrity starting their own podcast, I just merely think of this episode.
Speaker 2: And go, you're taking that gems Gym. Every celebrity with their own podcast, you're digging that. Jeb, You've got gibs. You don't need gives. I must admit I've been infected by your way of thinking on this because you know, I'll read sort of various magazines like the Top fifty People in Podcasting, and it's like it's all actors. I keep bringing up those guys name fine actor, funny guy, Jason Bateman.
Speaker 1: But you have you have a vendetta against Bateman.
Speaker 2: I think I do. I had a not a bad interview with him, but I interviewed him for a movie called Identity Thiefs, some shit comedy they made with Melisa McCarthy back in the day. Jason Bateman, this guy is going to be a fun guy. I mean, yeah, we're not automatic is going to be BFFs or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure you like the rest of development and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I thought, oh, this guy's got a good sense of humor. And all this kind of stuff and he just came cross is kind of bitter. Now I can buy that. Yeah, and I must admit and everything that I've sort of watched about him, Sorry about this, Jason. I mean, but you know, horses for courses. Everything I've seen hi him be kind of like you seem like a bit of a surly guy or a bit of a snarky That's why he was perfect for us of development. That's literally who we were. That's a straight man. Yeah. So yeah, but Jason Bateman or Amy Poehler or even Conna O'Brien, who we love, is kind of like you're reading about these things. Was like, yeah, he sold Team Coco podcast to whoever for something like fifty million backs. Like you didn't need it. You need it.
Speaker 1: The thing is, when you see those top fifty podcast lists, it's usually the top the most top fifty, most famous people doing podcasts.
Speaker 2: It is correct, Yes, mop out to him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Look, if I was a celebrity and either chance to do a podcast, I'd be doing it. I love doing podcasting. It's my job. I'm glad everyone people out there seem to enjoy this thing. To us do it and I'm going to keep doing it until the day I die.
Speaker 2: I've got well, you know, you don't need the weather man to know which way is the wind blowing the windows clearly in that direction. I mean, I think someone once said you can tell the state of the economy almost by the state of entertainment. You know. And if you've got high profile celebrities doing a lot of ads or finding sort of alternative streams of revenue as opposed to you, well, you know, I'm an actor and I act and I make movies, and that's that. It's like, okay, well, you know if see there was an ad not long ago for some kind of video game thing and what not, not even like a high profile was like a like an app or something, or like an a game you play on your phone. And I was like, well, that's a really good Chris Hemsworth look alike that they've got for that. And then' that's Chris Hemsworth. That's four. That's four. The guy has like a forty million dollar compound at Byron Bay. Why the fuck are you doing ads? Yeah, I mean, I mean, you've got a few kids, you know, life costs a bit of money. But it's like aren't you doing well enough that you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there's some stand up community that needs the money. Yeah, but it wasn't just him, was like the will on net in there as well, and this kind of stuff. So we don't mean to kind this and turn this into Gripe Corner.
Speaker 2: We're not. This is not the episode of Ship's fuck Mate. We're originally working on that, but it took all these high profile A listers have you know, moved over into the podcast space, whereas Anandando here climbing the ladder.
Speaker 1: I often say when I first started podcasting, I said to people podcast, I do a podcast. And when I started, people used to used to always respond with, well, what's a podcast and not to explain it.
Speaker 2: Now when they say what do you do?
Speaker 1: I go, I do podcast, it's almost like, of course you yeah, it's just so oversaturated now where I'm almost embarrassed to be doing podcasting that when I first started, it was cool because not that no one else was doing it, but it wasn't the thing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I literally quit radio to do podcasting, and the guy that I worked for radio said he's good luck with that, buddy, And now he's quit his job to start doing podcasting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I was saying, you know, well when someone asked if I do a podcast, or oh you do a podcast? So well I'm a middle aged, middle white guy of course of a yeah. Yeah, but enough about that. Yes, we've talked enough about that. We got that off our chairs. Let's talk a bit about goubacs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so goobacs here. This episode here is known for you took a jabs, right, I.
Speaker 2: Think primarily that's what it's not.
Speaker 1: It's got to be top ten at least South Park most quoted moments.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look that's entered general speak and it's not just you took a jobs. Say it in a particular way. I did. I had a lot of fun with it.
Speaker 1: I think I particularly liked stands transition here because Stan's usually the voice of reason, the guy who can see things for the way they are, sort of you know, be levelheaded and go, look, we don't need to be this way, let's try and work together, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And that's who he sorted to.
Speaker 1: Visit started like this is cool people from the future, and eventually they start taking these jobs. It's the moment when Randy has his job taken away and then staging. I was just like the transformation of Stan. I really appreciate it, and it's a lot of hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, not just stand though, I mean, and it's not all the boys, but yeah, it's done in subtle little ways as well. I'm sort of stepping on one of my favorite moments here. But there's a stage I think. You have the town meeting where you've got the people whose jibs have been ticking the rally. Yeah, yeah, and one of them, the term bull crap comes up. And this is not used all that often in South Park, but yeah, they say this is bull crap. You know, they took their jibs. Later on down the line, you're here Carl actually using the same term. It's like, oh, he's been not infected. But you know, the mentality is spread and you know it's reached down to the next generation. It was like not just oh, they took their jobs, but oh, yeah, this is bull crap. They took their job. Yeah, the whole the whole mindset has been transferred down to the next generation. Yeah, I found that kind of interesting. Where do you think.
Speaker 1: Trey Matt sit on the topic on this theme of immigration and taking jobs? And whatnot, because they don't really offer it. They had the result at the end of it. Well, if we just worked towards a better future than the people from the future we come, but that won't actually help current day immigration issue. No, we make a better country, then they won't come Here's like, no they want to come here. Maybe they're trying to say we should try and help make their countries better.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know if it's like make society better, it's to be sort of bleed on effects. It's hard enough to up keep my fucking backyard, let alone help. Oh yeah, there's that line of always that, yeah, clean up your own backyard before you clean up anybody else's. Yeah, it's funny. Yeah, they don't really come across with a not even a solution, but even a strong stance on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they make the ones who are anti immigration seem like absolute buffoons in this. I think that's probably what that's more of their position on this is the idea that actually is no real resolution to. Yeah, it's not black and white, the issue is it?
Speaker 2: No. I think from an ideological stances like if you're upset about your job being taken you know, don't be a dickhead about us. At the same time, it is kind of an emotional thing, so you maybe can't help but be a dickhead about it.
Speaker 1: They tried to use Stand a little bit as a mouthpiece when he sort of says something on the lines of, look, we shouldn't be calling them go backs because they're just human beings trying to find a better life. But we also can't let them all in then it's going to make our country worse. So that's sort of where they're trying to, like, we need to find a middle ground here. There is a middle ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think even the most progressive, small l liberal person is every once in a while goanna get frustrated and goan to get angry liberal hippie. Look, look, I'm sort of ashamed to admit this, but there will be times it'll be on the phone you need tech support, or you're on the phone to get bank or something like that, and it's been outsourced. And I'm gonna put this as you know, as slightly and democratically, oh sorry, as diplomatically as possible. You'll have someone on the line. English is maybe not their first language. You're you know, you're having a little trouble understanding one another. You're speaking the same limb, but you're not quite understanding each other. That it could be incredibly frustrating, probably for them as well.
Speaker 1: I just want to double fucking cheeseburger with fries on the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So they did that very very well, And yeah, it was like, this should be easy. I just want to order this food. Why can't you understand you? Yeah? So, and even if you're like, even if you have all the right ideas, and even if you believe in those ideas, it can still be like God damn it, But I don't think twenty twenty five, right, you watched this episode goo bags and that obviously the episode is about immigration, immigrants coming in taking jobs because they're willing to work for less. Yes, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The equivalent of this is we'd say you're taking their jobs to computers. Oh yeah, you're got to be Donald's. Now, like we have the scene with Stan, he's not able to sort of communicate properly. They're not understanding. They think it was a chicken berger. No, he want a double cheeseburger right now. It's there's no human interaction. It's a computer and the computers don't work, and it's like, can I just tell you what I want?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: You gotta use that machine, but it's not working. I just I want that. Can you just fucking cook that for me?
Speaker 2: Please? You know? Also there are boogers on the screen. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Touch it, and it's just go to the self serve and it's like unexpected item in the banking are it?
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's not. No, it is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, let me go find a human to fix this. I'm sorry, you have to put your hand up. Yeah, excuse me, excuse me? Can I please trouble you to come and fix this machine that's supposed to take your job away from.
Speaker 2: Taking their jobs?
Speaker 1: And so the twenty twenty five of them is AI computers taking our jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah in multiple ways, you know, whether it's a blue collar or.
Speaker 1: White collar writing scripts like everything Hollywood, Hollywood in particular, thing is really where it's changed the most. You know, there are taking jobs in supermarkets or what not. But entertainment is so different now you can't know what's real and what's not. Like I watch a video on Twitter, now I go, grock, is this real? And of course Crock's gonna But did you enjoy this episode though, good box, I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it's like one of my all time favorites. Yeah, I got a few laughs of it. Absolutely. I mean I think there are episodes that are either funnier or present their argument a bit stronger. Yeah, definitely. Yeah, but look, I certainly didn't dislike it, And yeah, there are bits in that I really really did enjoy anything with a terminated parody as well or correct or anything that. Yeah, it sort of talks about time travel and things like that. Yeah, but and also does yeah, a pretty good terminator homage when they're presenting the people from the future let's not use that term. And there rights like, oh, well, no, you've actually clearly watched Terminator or a Terminator too a few times and you clearly like it. You want to pay tribute to it. So yeah, that was good stuff.
Speaker 1: There's two things in particular that I wouldn't say confused me of this episode, but would just seemed off the normal for South Park. So with cartman Wright, he didn't normally be the one that would be completely against that they're teching their jobs Cartman wasn't really front center in this one. I think them had to have been a deliberate choice, right, because it's too easy for him to be the one.
Speaker 2: Normally he's pretty reactionary about anything. He'd be like yeah, yeah, he'd be dropping the g slur because they were all the time.
Speaker 1: Because what they're trying to do here, I think is show that even Stan yes infiltrated, even.
Speaker 2: The most tolerant people can become intolerant.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. But also Randy, it wasn't until they took his job.
Speaker 2: But well it's well, that's hypocrisy, isn't it. And yeah, that's that's the big joke that he's kind of like. I mean, everybody's like that. It's like, oh, well I hate AI until AI helps you out, or oh, it's gonna help us out in a lot of ways, until it's like, oh, wait a minute, I'm not relevant anymore. Oh I can't feed my family anymore. Oh you're going to take my house. Yeah, and that's when you go cab.
Speaker 1: But I thought Randy would normally be the first guy to just be complained by. I guess he hadn't lost his job yet, so maybe that's the issue.
Speaker 2: Has Randy gone? I think I think that episode where he becomes you know, he's up against bat Dad and it's all you know, I thought this was America. I think that's the real turning point for Randy when they that's when Parker and Stone tend to make him into kind of a adult cartman, yeah, or easily led buffoon or South Park's version of Homer. He's edging in that direction. He has been for some time. I think that not that they're testing the waters, but they're moving very very slowly towards that. And right now he's kind of like, no, No, Randy's just an average middle class guy. He's got Geologists is not a bad job, but it's a job you've got to be qualified for. It's a job you got to be prepa. It's a job that he would be like, yeah, I've worked I've studied hard and worked hard to get this position. Not everyone could be a geologist.
Speaker 1: It is if there's ever an alien invasion. He's the guy that is in Independence State, the the guy the frizzy hair what is his name, the frizzy hairy gets choked the death in Independence Day, The scientist guy.
Speaker 2: That's that's Brett Spider. Isn't it isn't that data from or am I thinking to someone else, No, you're right, it is, yes, start from start trek. Yeah, yeah, the next generation.
Speaker 1: But I still though when he happens and he has his racist tirade, stand does at the start and he gets berated by Randy and Sharon, I expected Sharon to but Randy I was like, I swear we've heard him say racist stuff in the past already, and offensive things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess maybe they're just positioning him.
Speaker 1: As all purpose hypocrite for the sake of the story. We need him to be nice at the start and then have his job taken away and decking her job, and then he leads the crusade.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I imagine you've got a little lot of white collar people who will be watching this episode, watching this episode episode of South Park going oh yeah, God, I feel bad for those blue collar guys. Wow. Yeah, automation and outsourcing all that stuff, Well, it must be tough, but thank god, not gonna happen to me. And then a minute does Well, that's what happened when Ford was closing there. Because Joel used to be very factory, very manufacturing. When we were in manufacturing base. Yeah, and then I this rally here. I've experienced this. I remember I was telling Nicol about this the other day because we saw a Ford Ranger driving around right, and we all thought that we're going to get the Ford Ranger contract to build the Ford Range.
Speaker 1: But we're like, we're going to get the contract. We're fining jobs are safe, blah blah blah. And me, personally, I didn't really care if we lost our job because I was like, I'm twenties. Yeah, I'm gonna find it. I'll do something else. But I'm looking around you guys, I'm like, this guy's been working for forty years, he's fifty six, what's.
Speaker 2: He going to do? You know?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they've been here since they're like seventeen. That's all they've ever known. So I'd worry for those guys. And they told us that we're going to our union guy. They told us we're going to get out the contract. The contracts coming, and then they said, oh, big announcement over in the cafeteria area, and we're like, uh, contract, good news, good news, good news everyone, And they ran it us a lot like cattle and were all in there and even sort of happy. And then the big big bosses walked in. I was like, oh no, oh okay, what's going on here? And then security walked in after them. We're like, oh no, the thing we're gonna make a gear and then then now that they're gonna be closed, they have us three years warning. But I remember as soon as the security walked in, everyone was just like the mood change just you felt the yeah, and then it was just it was literally just this, it was yeah, Now three years warning.
Speaker 2: Is that that's pretty good? That's better, like you've got a week Well absolutely, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to name the of the company. I'm not exactly sure if it was one or the other. There was another car and it wasn't for it was one of the other big top dogs in Australia. Literally put their workers on a bus and said we're gonna I've got a meeting across the road at the big to go to a big car back or something across the road. So they got on his bus and then they took him across the street toime. They get off the bus and said job's gone.
Speaker 2: See you later. Oh fucking oh, that's hard.
Speaker 1: And they got security. Does it taken me one by one. Essential like security followed them in to take their locks, clean their lockers out.
Speaker 2: They were taken.
Speaker 1: Across the street off the property. Oh my god, I told them they had no jobs as of today.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: Ford did the right thing, right, Oh, linear warning three years is a pretty good run. And they had counselors there what not saying I'm trying to have you find new careers, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That did the best possible way.
Speaker 1: But I just remember when that when a security has walked in and I've experienced that that taken our jobs. There was tears, there was screaming, there was anger. It was intense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look, I'll tell you about it from my point of view. The current state of playing stupid Ford workers, No, no, no, but you know the current state of play with AI and everything that. Yeah, I've said this on our shows in the past. How you know, it's kind of hard to have a line of work that you've devoted your life to to be devalued or even eliminated and reading things like oh but AI, for instance, I mean, let's talk about AI. I'll provide you with a great opportunity. You don't have to be a worker being anymore. You can be your own no burtuit. You can be your own boss. A lot of people don't want to their own boss. A lot of people are just happy to sort of clock in at nine o'clock out at five. Ye make it up money to sort of keep the wool from the door, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, people work at four. They're like, I know how to do this job. I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I come to work a clock, a clock that gives you sixteen whole hours to live your life. Then a lot of people happy with that. But and oh god, who was it? I think was the is it Atlasian? Do you know you were that company? I think it's like a big tech company that had one of the one of the heads on one of the current affair shows the other night say hey, it's full of great opportunities for people, you know, and you know it's going to raise productivity and you know people can make a lot of money and all this kind of stuff, and linkol the host was saying, and how exactly and you couldn't really answer, and I was kind of like, first of all, yeah, you can't answer, And secondly, you're already worth like two bill you've won you know, stop telling the rest of us no, no great opportunities. Is like, well, that's great for five years down the line maybe, but how about next week, how the next month can I make it to their Yeah? Exactly? I mean, am I going to be, you know, living on fucking Rahmen and locusts? Am I going to be? Yeah? Yeah? The new food source of the future?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Really? I don't know people are talking about people do talk about it. They're talking about you can eat crickets or they're a good source of protein.
Speaker 1: Watching where do you find this information? What are your thoughts? By the way of the guys rocking up, making out, just getting it on a big sex ball orgy, I was like, all right, I feel like, you know, that's a big thing you can't go back from. Randy's just part of his homosexual game bang and like stands like, let's go be a part of it.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay then, but this it's like being in the Union's like collective, collective action, collective bargaining. Yeah. Yeah, they're not doing it for they're not doing it for pleasure. They're certainly not doing because they want to know. Fuck dudes, It's more like, no, no, the Workers United will never be defeated. That's if you've got to you've got to get naked and get into a big gang bang. Yeah, so bad.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought it was interesting to had Cartman say he was the negotiator at the start and then he sort of plays no role in how's going forward.
Speaker 2: Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: He was the negotiating, he gets the prizes and he takes his break, and that's pretty much how it works. You'd be stacking the way at Ford or whatever and you see the union guy walking around and having a conversation and you're like, why why is he allowed to do that? And they go, oh, because he's the union guy. He sort of he gets his pay rise, and I'm like, what's a year in between that time. This show is brought to you by the four Fingered Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking So I f the one about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. What are your favorite moments from the episode.
Speaker 2: Actually leads into one of those is I think it's Jimbo, who's who's kind of reluctant to get into the cuttle partle and so you have to Jimbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like, I don't want to get any geesta.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned Stan, the transition of standards, dicking it jabs.
Speaker 2: I also really liked.
Speaker 1: The news reports, where they kept going We've got Chris talking about this, and Harrison he's got maybe information about this, and I think it's Beth or someone that's like Brad. I love the various news reporters. All the special ones are science. One's about science, one's about the weather, one's on location at the time shift thing.
Speaker 2: You can tell that something is a big news story, and it's like and now we go to our hip political reporter. Yeah, and now we go to boots on the ground or yeah, oh shit serious. I mentioned Kyle using bull crap earlier, thought that was a pretty good note. We've talked a bit about Randy and how yeah sort of hypocritically is and progressive in some ways, but then they've got one of the people from the future to be their housekeeper essentially, or to be their nanny or something. Yeah, and she'll do it for ten turns. Now. Yeah, everyone's got to take advantage anyway they can. But at the very end, I just thought that that whole song, now, that nice little sort of folky number, it's a real good utopian message. It's like, Wow, wouldn't it be great if we did all work together? Imagine the people? Yeah, the future began, which belongs to you Ada And there also I love the voice that he does for it, because that's very folky, isn't it. And then just like it's super gay. Yeah, it's very drug. We know this would fix everything, but no, but no, it's also makes us look lame. Yeah, they're not not interested. Yeah yeah, which is it's a really cynical ending. I gotta say, it is pretty sad. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 5: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 2: Trivia time.
Speaker 1: My first question for you will be what was the delivery truck driving down into State two eighty five. At the very start of the episode, we saw a delivery truck.
Speaker 2: Oh, what was it delivering?
Speaker 1: For the Delicious treat tup. Was seed on the show before? Was it snacky case snay cake?
Speaker 2: Oh? There we go, speaking of Well, this is when the Man from the Future rise. What year did he come from the Man from the first Man from the Future? Was it three four five? Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm thinking it's like it's more than a thousse, like a thousand news in the future.
Speaker 2: I'm like a little bit more roundown. Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 1: My next question for you is what do the boys accept as an offer for their snow shoveling.
Speaker 2: They initially go eight thousand, she says ten, and then they go eleven. No, fifteen. I'll be answer it's more ball breaking, yes breaking, my marses and I have one more Tribua question. Then, okay, then which bus arrived twelve hours late? When did that happen the episode? Yes? Indeed, now when did it happen? What part of the episode? In the middle of the episode? Okay, when was there a bus? What was who was on the bus? It was late? This is a very good question. I've just got which bus arrives It was the eleven fifteen bus. Eleven fifteen bus, it was on the bus? When was there a bus? I have no recollection of a bus. I know I should have written more notes. My final one is what is the name? What is the name of the head of the union union guy? That's a.
Speaker 1: I think if a guy used to host a very popular weekly entertainment show here in Australia.
Speaker 2: Once the name of the show it well, was it Dickie Darryl Old, Darryl Darryl Summons? Okay, who's Dickie? I think Dickie Wilkins. How was that Richard Wilkins. God, I never had him called Dicky Wilkins. Oh, I've heard him, but well all the time on on the Today Show, they're like, but what's what's his what's his weekly entertainment show? He hosted MTV for a while back in the day. I'm pretty sick Richid Wilkins is one of those guys they plugged and played all over the place.
Speaker 1: It's Richard Wiking, that guy I used to always say on TV and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Why, yes, very much so. He was just embarrassment. Why is this guy a thing? He's got dirt on someone? It was just easier he's doing it. It's fine. No one asks questions, all right, paulis Richard Workman not I never, No, I've got no time for him. I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't chezypoofs Weed.
Speaker 1: Be all right, It's time for some cheeseypoof shadowt start with the incredible KDG with her one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, KG, You're absolute champion. Also, we have a new cheesepoof Holy Moly, Abigail B Sharp Carter got the nickname and everything. Yeah, Abigail, thank you so much for joining the fall Finger Discount family. Here going down the South Park Welcome, Welcome, join us also Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macker, Elliot, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Raached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn dv Pte Anderson, Timothy Bells, and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dentzel, Plan to Fly Bell Window by Jack McFadden, Heath Apple By, Ada McLeod, March Eleven Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, t Ley, Enriquez, Decklan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Riding, Sec, Dave Pretceles McNally, Gavin Lane, Dami Miller, and Charlie Joe. Thanks for being cheesepoops here going down to South. I remember if you were listening out there or watching us on YouTube, you two can get your name right out on the show by being a cheesepoop supporter on our Patreon.
Speaker 2: Do you think everyone should have a nickname like b Sharb or Pretzels? Oh, give me more names for me to read out. That's correct.
Speaker 1: The less work the better, I agree, all right. So the original edit of Goobacs was April twenty eighth, two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Was the number one movie at the box office at that time? I couldn't tell you two thousand and four?
Speaker 2: Have a crack? Was it Fantastic four that out in two thousand and four? I don't know. I'm just pull the names out of a hat here.
Speaker 1: So the top three films at the US box office at this time were Men on Fire was number one? Oh with Denzel Yes, thirteen going on thirty. What's the next one is that? Suddenly thirty?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'm suddenly thirty here for some reason?
Speaker 1: Which thirteen going on thirty is a really shit name for a movie. No, thirteen going on thirty is a really good name for a movie. Suddenly thirty is a terrible name for a movie, of course, maybe just because what I'm used to I Suddenly thirty is just way easier on a poster.
Speaker 2: Thirteen going on thirty? Have you never heard the term though, because.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like a movie you go to see with your as a younger person, because that's what your mum and dad say, like, oh, you're thirteen going on thirty. It reminds you of like, oh, that's what mum says, I'm watching that movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Thirteen go. I like it. I think it's a much better title than suddenly thirty. I remember being kind of disappointed when because I remember hearing about it. Oh, Jennifer Ganna's in a romantic comedy or something like that'll be good. And then you see the post of the israel Onans suddenly thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, thirteen going on thirty definitely explains the story a lot better.
Speaker 2: Absolutely does what it says on the tin Umber three was killed Bill Volume two? All right? The punish it just behind that one as well, You're a man, Tarantino. It did some interview the other day with a podcast called The Church of Tarantino because he's taken their jabs, he's got to feel it. Yeah, I think this was like a more amateurish kind of podcast, because Tarantino has got his own podcast of course, equal video archives with his mate Roger Avery.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't have a podcast. Now, honestly, that's that's a serious question. Which celebrity doesn't have a fucking podcast. I'm sure there are some out there, not many. I don't think athletic and imagine that Matt and Ben did their.
Speaker 2: Pot It's coming, It's coming, you know it's coming. But he did a podcast recently and was very ego driven because he was like you talking about how they're making the sequet Once upon a Time in Hollywood, and he's saying, David Fincher, who made seven and a sequel to it, Oh yeah, that his ten film, yeah called it's called The Adventures of Cliff Booth and it's about character after the film yeah, yeah, sent in the seventies, saying yeah, and it's good that David's Fincher director, David Fincher's directing it because me and him we're the best directors. It's like, good, lord man, you make it really hard to like it. But he was saying, like, Inglorious Bastards is my masterpiece once upon a time when Hollywood is my favorite of my movies, and Kill Bill is the movie that I was born to make, So must be good to be that sort of confident. He's I mean, QT can back it up. But at the same time, it's like, imagine you're going around saying, well, you know, I think going down to South Park is my masterpiece of my podcast. She just fucked we was born to produce though, Well, that's correct. Reme.
Speaker 1: We watched pop fiction recently and Nicola didn't know. She didn't know Quentin Tarantina is. She's not a Vivie buff And when he came on screen, Nicol I was like, that guy can't act and I was like, no, you can't, No, he can't. Like why were they hire him? And I was like that. She said, why did Tarantino put him in the movie? Thewn I went, because it's Tarantino. She goes, ah, shes I didn't realize he was that kind of guy that put himself in movies. And I was like, oh, yes, oh yes, he's very much a fanboy it of himself of himself? Yes, all right, but yes so that originally aired April twenty eight, two thousand and four. Written and directed by Trey Parker, the episode kicks off with the second cakes truck is driving down the highway? Now is that the actual in terminator one? Where does the terminator think is on a highway somewhere?
Speaker 2: No? No, I think he's like, I think it might be like griff of Observatory and in la.
Speaker 1: Okay, because this one's don't be like they're crossing the border kind of thing. Yeah, oh absolutely, yeah, Well the border is the highway here, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But he arrives literricity boards very much. You watch it and you're like, this is dominating. I appreciate this. The I've got here. The alien exits and I'm like, well, it turns out actually is an alien, I guess you could say. And then he almost it's his by traffic and eventually he gets run over.
Speaker 2: It's very slow. Yes.
Speaker 1: The boys are now offering snow shoveling to various driveways. The first offer is eight thousand dollars, which no one's ever going to pay that. She comes back with ten. You beck my bars, becking my bars.
Speaker 2: I love how he's got that very he's got his minoicless hell man.
Speaker 1: But Carmen is a good negotiat. You've got to give him that. The kind of guy doesn't take any ship. Oh yeah, yeah, he will get the best deal for himself. I mean, fifteen dollars is still a pretty good deal when you're a kid for shoveling something. I think at fifteen dollars per driveway, I mean divided by four though, what that three dollars fifty dollars each when you had ten or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like you did ten driveways thirty bucks. That's pretty good, PEPSI back back in two thousand and four, Ye about fifty bucks Australian hire, a couple of video games whatever. Anyway, your weekend set exactly. So Cartman is now he's on the phone whilst they're working away and Kyle confronts him, says dude, and he's like, I'm on my brain, I'm going negotio and I'm allowed to do this. But then he is that smogo lean alone smoker. Yes, they're having a bit of a squabble here. He drops the jword cuts to him with a blood nose, and they said, we need to come inside. Do you have any band aids or advantages or whatever? So she lets them in and they see the news report regarding the man who is from the future, correct, from the year thirty forty five, is safe and sound in a government hospital. Yes, But then they cut to Christina Nallon, who has more and she explains he's from the year three thousand. We say three thousand and forty five, we say twenty ten. Will they say thirty forty five? How they're going to say it in a thousand years? I think for the first decade, you say like two thousand and four, yeah, And once it gets to two thousand, do you say, do you say twenty ten, twenty fifteen? I say twenty ten, twenty eleven, Yeah, twy ten was the end, and then it was twenty eleven, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen. If I was to say, hey, what's that movie with, it's from the director of the Day After Tomorrow and it starts John Cusack and Woody Harrelson's about the end of the world. It is it twenty twelve or twenty twe.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve, it'sy twelve yeah, we're calling it twenty twenty five right now, won't we Some people say twenty ten, but I think twenty ten and then twenty eleven. Yeah, I think so. I don't think it was like a hard written rule. It was just people started doing it, so someone realized, what's easier just saying twenty They say two thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no you can't say twenty zh Let's go back way back in the time. We're saying nineteen oh one, nineteen hundred.
Speaker 1: And one, we say nineteen oh one, don't we.
Speaker 2: Nineteen oh one? Yeah, twenty nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't say nineteen hundred and one, nine hundred.
Speaker 2: No? No, Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? Funny language, it's fun a funny creature. Christina Nalan has more.
Speaker 6: The news is incredible, Aaron Experts and scientists have been with the man from the future for several hours now and have been able to learn that he is from the year thirty forty five. His condition is stable, and speculation continues as to why he has come. Has he come to deliver a cure for cancer or to fix something wrong with the past.
Speaker 3: Have to interrupt you there, Christina apparently Brad Morgan is inside the base with breaking news, Brad, Aaron.
Speaker 7: The scientists have been able to communicate further and have uncovered that the man from one thousand years in the future has come to our time looking for work. He has said that the future is so overwhelmingly overpopulated that there are simply no jobs in his time, and so he built a time portal and has come back to twenty first century America to find a job here.
Speaker 2: Has absolutely astounding. He came back here for work, that's right, Aaron.
Speaker 7: His plan is to get a job here in our time so that he can put the money he earns into a savings account which will earn interest and by the year thirty forty five be worth billions of dollars, which of course in the future will be worth only hundreds of dollars, but enough, he says, to feed his family.
Speaker 1: Then Harrison Moore, Harrison has something and he explains that how the time portal works, and he said that follows the terminator rules, or you can go back in time, but you can't go forward. So he's going to be here forever, unlike the back to the future rules, when you go back and forth back and forth and which one has the rule played?
Speaker 2: Silly rules. That's a movie called Time Rider. I've never heard of it. What's time Writer? Time Rider is basically about this motocross rider who just goes through a Portland time he goes back to the Old West, so he's riding his motorcycle around in the Old West. That's a real movie. Yeah, yeah, Time Rider, The Adventures of Lyles Swan. I believe it's called stars a great actor name, and then this says, the Adventures of It's just awesome. Oh yeah, it's from like nineteen eighty two or three or something like that. Time Rider, looking up Time Writers. Looking this up stars one of my favorite actors who's no longer with It's a guy named fred Ward. Are you of the movie Tremors? Yes, I'm like Tremors. Yeah, it is the other guy in Tremor's Kevin Bacon and the other guy. Okay, yeah, see Time Writerers was a book series. I didn't realize. I don't know about those. I just know about Time Writer. The Adventures of Last One.
Speaker 1: I think it's the Adventures of Time Riders is a series of teens science fiction novels written by Alex Scarrow. The Serious consists of nine books and it's pub which by Puffin Books. When did they come out? Is a movie based on them and stuff? I don't think they are They come out in twenty ten. So Time Ride, Time, Ride Dirt singular the adventure of Lyle Swan. Look at that poster. It's like a guy from the future on a murderbike, except as the President Fred Ward.
Speaker 2: That guy was awesome.
Speaker 1: Peter Coyote, he is the government agent for me. T he's keys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like Peter Coyote. Yeah, that is so nineteen eighty two, isn't it. Hush? Look at that Look at that font Yeah, oh marvelous.
Speaker 1: And she's got the grids on his on his suit.
Speaker 2: Here you go. Motorcycle rider Lyle Swan is cruising through the Mexican desert when he accidentally stumbles into a time travel experiment and finds himself transported back to the Old West of the eighteen seventies. There he attracts it. There he encounters an attractive local woman, of course, and a gang of criminals. Loyel's motorized bike is impressive in the past until it runs out of gas. Now Lil must rely on his wits, take care of business and return to his own time. He's got to take care of business. Take care of business. There. This movie is available on YouTube in its entirety, so yeah, track it down. But yeah, absolutely the Adventures of Wild Swan time writer. Those rules are not just playing silly about the rules, playing stilly. Yeah, got to help Parker.
Speaker 1: But as explaining here though, the guy from the future here's gonna be here to stay because he's got terminator rules.
Speaker 2: He can't go back in time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Randy and Sharon now watching two on the news, and you know it's a big event when everyone's watching the news.
Speaker 2: Plus also that's just good storytelling by Parker and or Stone, perhaps you know, making it a gag, but also explaining also, yeah, but he can't go back. Yeah, and so like okay, well, what's the thing about it's either there, it's therefore or butt right, Yeah, it's not stories don't go and this and this and this is like Okay, this guy has come here, therefore, this guy's come here, stuck here, go back therefore or therefore. But yeah, yeah, clever guy worth all those billions that the paramount is paying.
Speaker 1: It And also sort of explains the sacrifice he's willing to take because he's never gonna see his family again because the future version himself is now in the past, so he doesn't exist in the future anymore. So he's now going to sacrifice seeing his family ever again, but knows that they're going to be supported financially in the future.
Speaker 2: It's kind of poignant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like you know these people they jump ship for a reason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, as I said recently, you don't leave home unless home is screwed. Is screwed?
Speaker 1: Yes, But as I was saying, Randy and Sharon are watching it on the news, the president is said to make an announced. We don't see the president making an announcement. No, no, But you know when the president's about to make a state of it, what is the state.
Speaker 2: Of the Union that they say? No, start of the Union is like a thing, a regular thing, like once a year or something where they talk about yeah, okay, yeah, we're doing great, you know America number one. It's more like just addressing the nation and Brad he announces that another one has arrived and since the job at Wendy's paid off for this one is once the same for his family.
Speaker 1: So it's like words gotten back. Oh shit, that worked, I'm coming back as well. Now Sharon is tucking in stand and stands.
Speaker 2: He's just being a kid. So excited people from the future. This is great. It's going to be so exciting.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, sure, keep whatever. This has gone to bed, happy, smiling. I'm like, that's how I would be. Oh God, if aliens came, I would.
Speaker 2: Go to bed going this is so cool.
Speaker 1: I think, honestly, as a sci fi fan, if you love sci fi, you just you hope that you are here when we get contact from another world, right, Oh sure, I mean hopefully it's not an invasion, but would you just love to see some sort of communication, like know that there's other life out there.
Speaker 2: I forgot which alien invasion movie it's in. There's like, if they've come this far, they're not coming to like say hi and share everything with us. They're here for bad reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love Mars attacks, like yeah, yeah, Jack Black Cops it, yes, indeed spoiler alert from Mars Attacks. But then a bunch of people from the future arrive, so clearly it's gonna be overpopulated in south Park very very soon. The next day they asked missus landers if they want to shovel, the gamage's already hired and immigrant to do it for twenty.
Speaker 2: Five per cents. They're low board.
Speaker 1: They got low board indeed, like, what would you do? It's not even worth it, you know, why would you do that? So they go to the next house and turns out every driveway is.
Speaker 2: Being yes, are we actually going to use the term go bacs in this, let's say, guys in the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the new support now says a whole families or whole families now arrive and they're like, well, if I'm never guessing my family again, I'm probably that sort of defeats the purpose that, right, why would you arrive with the whole family come back? I guess because they don't like the fact that they maybe that just the world's overpopulated, it's not a nice place to live. The whole point was to come back in time make money, so your family's financial support, So why would you bring your family back?
Speaker 2: You've got a whole You've got a few pioneers who are kind of like, let's let's test the waters to sleep. This actually works, And then you've got people who don't want to be separated from their families.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the purple gou is an ecdoplasmic side effect of the time travel. They're explaining the goo that's all over their back, the term go babsy. This here gives scientists a chance to understand the American life in the future. And Chris the scientist, he explains that they've evolved into a humanoid mix of all races here. It's not just one race. Race is no longer an issue in the future. They all speak a complete mix of English, Chinese, Turkey, a bunch of other languages. It's basically, we're all just one person now, or just one race the whole world. But then Darrel Weathers of the construction workers Union, he's holding a rally, he's holding a meeting here, and he says, we've worked hard to get paid to a level that we can survive and put food on our tables. And now they've come and they've done.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, well does he even say took your gyms? Yeah, he says it, Yeah, ticking gems. I love more.
Speaker 1: It's not when they say it's when they say yeah, it's the Lord have.
Speaker 2: Got more and more sort of degenerated over times, I was like, they took our jobs, and they're like, I think it's to get gyms from the get.
Speaker 1: Go, and it just gets to the point where it's This show is brought to you by the four figure discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifeuld, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four think a discount.
Speaker 2: This is whole crowd. Well, I ain't standing for this film, all right, folks.
Speaker 3: My name is Daryl Weathers and I'm with the Construction Workers' Union.
Speaker 2: I work with a lot of fine men who have.
Speaker 3: Families to feed, and I don't know about y'all, but we worked long and hard to get our pay up to a level where we can make a decent living.
Speaker 2: And now these people from.
Speaker 3: The future showing up and offering to do the same work for next to nothing.
Speaker 2: They took guard jobs. Yeah, they're down, they're hard.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 7: We're in the moving business fourteen years. We've been working our butts off. Now these future folks come in and we can't get work nowhere, like the cardiobs, they took your yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about us in the fast food business.
Speaker 3: The restaurants are firing us because the future people work for a lot less.
Speaker 2: They did gurd job.
Speaker 4: They dear job, your job into fucking kids. To me and my friends started her own snowshoveling business. We were trying to be responsible and make money, you know, but then the people from the future came along, and now we're out of work too. Oh they took her yip her.
Speaker 2: Yo stands here. He says. It's affecting kids too. You know. They wanted to be enterprise like yeah. They bought into the into the American dream of like h yeah, your work, yeah, you work hard well, you learn the value of the dollar and also earning a dollar yeah yeah, but no, that's been taken away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then yeah, I love that. No one says anything the ticket, Yeah, don't help you the ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now.
Speaker 1: There is a caution sign at the two eighty five highway where people crossing acrossing mornings of aliens arriving and then another huge group of people arrived from the future. We come back from commercial and stand. He gets home at eight pm. He explains that he was at the rally and he realizes they've hired the new house keeper here who she works for ten cents on Tuesdays and Thursdays ten cents an hour. And then he says the whole they took their jobs. He says goubacks and they can't believe he's used such an offensive term. Well, yeah, he yelled him for the slur, and they say that, you know, they're taking the jobs that we don't want to do. The meeting just wanted my job, yes, he's like, No, the job that I had, I wanted to swim you my thing is meaningless. But it's a job that I made. I wanted pocket money.
Speaker 2: I was doing it. I enjoyed my job, and they've taken that from it. But even someone else who's working like a minimum wage job or you know, a menial job or whatever, that's still what comes with that is some degree of pride of like, I put in my eight hours, I got paid for it. That money is putting food in my kid's mouth and keeping a roof over my family's head. You're allowed to have some degree of pride in A job is a job. A job is a job. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: It's one thing I've never done is ridicule or mock someone for having a lower paying job. It's like, no, no, if you get a job and you're going to work and you're working, fucking good on you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. So for stance, I wanted my job. Yeah, he's speaking for a lot of people, not just him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's very important they have this message in the episode as well as ever to say, look, people are being affected here that shouldn't be affected as well. You know, it's not fair. I mean there are pros and concepts.
Speaker 2: Good on future guys for you know, taking the initiative and thinking outside the square. But at the same time, people want their g I made that job, that was my job, that that job was didn't exist until I made it, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then they give him the spiel about you know, they've gone through hardship, and then the stand should be thankful and they're not raising their son to be an ignorant time cist, and then they double.
Speaker 2: Down for a time. Yeah, but for racism birth the time I got okay, yeah, yeah, gotcha, got yeah, kay. Cool, that's actually pretty funny. I like the way they did that.
Speaker 1: It would confuse me though, why they dumbed it down explained what it meant, because they don't use it for the rest of the episode, I know, but it would It makes sense if they've explained it, like this is going to be the term going ford, so we're not using goobas we're using I don't know, because that's the opposite time against it. Yeah, but anyway, I didn't need it to be explained.
Speaker 2: Not in that way. I just liked it for the joke of like, okay, yeah, just the way that Barker doesn't think like a recerpor for time.
Speaker 1: Yes, then we get the O'Riley factor, and he's doing it live all right, you must say all right a lot, I guess he must everything all right, all right, And he has a pissed off white trash red neck conservative and an aging hippie liberal douche. It's very again, very what they call the liberal guy a hippi douche. You gotta have her both sides because a lot of the time this is who you say.
Speaker 2: And you're like, dude, like I agree with you. But God, you're a douchebag. Could you have not picked a better person to do this very valid message?
Speaker 1: Yea, And he says that they obviously the redneck guy says gerbs and the liberals says the problem is American and he is the theory that we're all immigrants here basically what Lisa says, coming to America America America.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Actually, on that note, how do you compare how the Simpsons handled this topic compared to how south Park candidate south Park was far more ob a bit more blunty handed it. They didn't handle it as much. I don't think they delves dove as deep. I think there were certainly bits in coming to Home America, which we recently did on four figure discount. That bit with Lisa was like, yeah, we all immigrants and that kind of thing. It's the kind of message that can be cut down to that. But just overall, Vibal, we need to not let immigrants into the town, immigrants into the country of onto Earth, because these are from the future. I just think the Simpsons, I wanted these Simmons handled it better.
Speaker 2: It does feel that way.
Speaker 1: I think they think they got the message across without having to resort to the kind of levels here that stuff like the homosexual orgy and the using the term goo backs that kind of thing. I think they Simpson's got the same message across without needing all that. It's a knee jerk reaction for me to say, yeah, I think coming to America might have handled better. But then I'm just thinking of how sort of effectively just that line from Lisa about how we're all immigrants it worked for me. I think these guys want to sort of delve into it a little bit more, but maybe don't do it as effectively, or they raise more questions than they provide answers. Yeah, anyway, everyone in the crowd gets annoyed. They're all using the catchphrase of thee Yeah, everyone in.
Speaker 2: The crowds is I rate about it.
Speaker 1: We're now at the school and the school board says that Garrison must now teach him both present day English and future Speak, and the boys like what why? And he puts up the explaining verbs. The boy threw the red ball. I did appreciate Jimmy stuttering you you speak, And then Kyle goes and his rand he goes, we want to live in our time. You know if you want, if you want to live in our time, you need to learn our language. Which how haven't we've heard that? Oh my goodness, yes, obviously, like there is pros and concert argument as well, and they don't really dove into a here, but I think there's an issue they.
Speaker 2: Needed to address as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there are a lot of issues that arise with immigration, and I do think they ticked off a lot of boxes here. Did they dove into them much? Probably not, but they at least acknowledge them.
Speaker 2: Dude, hold on, there's this book. Man.
Speaker 4: If they want to live in our time, then they should learn our language.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Hey, now, these immigrants have a right to retain their culture. Who are we to say our language is best. They deserve to have an education just as much as you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, aging hippie liberal douche. You bet you.
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 2: You know? Okay, now let's get back to it kids. What kind of verb is this?
Speaker 3: The sad girl puts balls in her mouth?
Speaker 2: Or in future speak, of course, all right, balls? Right? Right? Then? What the rally?
Speaker 1: And Darryl says that the congressman has sent the message saying that they sympathize with them, but the solution of shooting them all is human inhumane.
Speaker 2: So it appears the.
Speaker 1: Government aren't gonna help. So what they're gonna do, They're gonna stop the future from happening. They think, how can we do that? One guy Chet suggests we should force global wanting to happen, so we we enforced the new ice age so that future doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: How to get an ice age from global warming?
Speaker 1: And he basically says that either global was gonna take millions of years. So that's that's ridiculous. And science has proven this isn't a fact. And I'm pretty sure I'm watching this going is proven it's happening now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are also this is two thousand and four, that's true. There are a few social media accounts I've got to stop following, mainly because it's like, hey, check out those floods in Paraguay. It's like, oh man, this looks bad. I'd rather just unfollow. I'd rather just use it, just look, don't look to use this, rather just bury my head in the problem is, these problems won't die when you look away. Correct.
Speaker 1: The boys are now walking down the street and they see the future people everywhere. I love that they've now gone for like fancy card load rider.
Speaker 2: The low rider stuff was a little it's a step too far.
Speaker 1: I had to get a little bit later on things like that. But they're at Wendel's Burgers.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, can you speak in present day English?
Speaker 2: Please? Good night? Help you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want a double cheeseburger and fries. Tamp No, a double cheeseburger and fries.
Speaker 2: What we can't understand you at all.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to order a double cheeseburger. No, not a chicken sandwich. I want a goddamn cheeseburger and some god empries.
Speaker 2: You fucking go backs down marsh ah.
Speaker 1: Ah unfortunately ready and Sharon right behind him when he says that. But oh, it's just this is the moment in the episode where you realize even kids are being affected.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't even say that.
Speaker 1: The message here is that they're trying to say that that kind of mentality has infiltrated even kids as well. These kids were actually affected. Oh yeah, but also that it just spreads very Yeah, it does spread. And this is not the way to react to the situation. You should never be using terms that terms like that and that kind of thing. But you can understand stands frustrations like fuck me, you've taken my jobs and now I just want to order a fucking cheezburger. It was so much easier last week.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just incodibly frustrunning when you can't communicate. Yeah, communication is key. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now at the rally again they suggest they should all take off their clothes and start getting gay. It's not a bad idea. If everyone turns queer, then there'll be no children. This is different. Heature, I ain't trying queer. I'm surprised I didn't go the cheap gag of having Garrison here about it. True mercy Garrison at all until the end when he's doing he's helping to.
Speaker 2: See the world.
Speaker 1: But like you feel like he would have been all about this right, all of stuff engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even if they're not as effective as doing it as like maybe you or I would hope. Yeah, Parkerans don't have a message they want to get across, and I don't think they want to dilute it by having Garriss office. I going about tim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again Cartman was the obvious one to go for that. He chose Dan Garrison was the obvious.
Speaker 2: They're not using their traditional mouthpieces, and they're not always going for the well, they are sort of going for a cheap if they're turning this into a big gay orgy. But at the same time, not having traditional quote unquote bad or inappropriate characters involved, or having just regular people involved kind of heightens the gag and makes the point a bit.
Speaker 1: More not gonna lie I would appreciate at least once in the AUDU said, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Slave you?
Speaker 1: So he says, they're going to go to the part of town where they all asked start humping each other until they're all gone back to the future, so just make him disappear. We're out at Little Future as opposed to Little Italy or Little Everything career. Yeah, yeah, and it's like very much like the ghetto. And they arrive naked and they all start making out and getting funky.
Speaker 2: How do you like that? Go back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rainy and Stan and now at the South Park Center for a seismic activity Randy's work, and Stan is granded, which is ways to come to his dad's work, and Randy's all about to study his day at work and the boss like this is awkward. I thought, didn't you get my phone message. He's like, no, oh, you've been replaced. They took my job.
Speaker 2: They're taking our jobs. Now.
Speaker 1: It's breaking news and Harrison is at the time border and they say there's a mass protest, there's breaking out and it's all men. They're having sex, the big massive orgy. They've sucked and screwed themselves across the state. And Randy is now the spokesperson for it all because he's lost his job, and he says he's going to be turning everyone gay, and standards are sitting there, she's just like Jesus Christ. I'm like, oh, dude, you were kind of parties. I guess they've gone too far with it, but you were part of this, this crusade. And he says, what's all we can do is try, Harrison is to make everybody disappear by going gay. And then the liberal hippie says that they have a right to exist, and they say, Stan, what do you think and he says, well, it's wrong to call them gobacs since there humans trying to make their lives better. Yes, their time is crappy, but if we let all of them come, then ours is going to be just as crappy too.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing. It's like, oh yeah, if there's a we want to help, if there's a message or there's a point of view that Parker and Stone have, Yeah, it's encapsulated in that. We'll say, we've got.
Speaker 5: To work for a better future. We've got to join hands for tomorrow. Take the first step, and you will see. The future begins with you and me. We can start to make a difference if we want it for our children, and recycle that can and plant that tree, because the future.
Speaker 2: Begins with you and me. Yeah, it's waggy. The future begins with you and the immigrants are fading to work. We're doing it.
Speaker 5: We've got to work for a better future. We've got to join hands for tomorrow. Take the first step and you will see.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, hold on, wait a second.
Speaker 2: This is gay.
Speaker 4: This is really gay. Yeah, this is even gaer than are the men getting in a big power having sex with each other. Okay, sorry, my bad.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, Back in the pile, Back in the pile, everyone.
Speaker 3: We're going back to the park, everybody, We're going back to the pile.
Speaker 1: And then we get the work for the better future. Song over the closing credits and that's the end. Yeah, so a fine episode. I think I liked it more just because every time I say it, ticky jobs laugh mass off.
Speaker 2: That is funny.
Speaker 1: You think about trading the writers like what they took our job, But you can just imagine trade is going to get gibbs. It feels like something's just improvised, Like fuck that works.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. I mean I'm listening to one of our previous Going Down to the South Park episodes. I think I said how much I can imagine Parker or Stone as a young person just saying just putting on a funny voice to say shit, yeah and yeah. That just becomes the did GiB Yeah you do it in the high school playground or you do it in the college door remembers that good one, and all of a sudden, across the world decades later, you've got a couple of guys in a podcasting studio who.
Speaker 1: Are just saying, yeah, yeah, but I was like a virus. I'm just on the IMDb page. Just a bit of trivia before we wrap up this episode. Sure, so, it says a visitor. One of the aliens can be seen on the rooftop on the top left side of the Little Future still plant little visitors there from the opening episode. Ah okay, the Goubac's written language is seen is actually ASC two, a way of representing characters on computers. Specifically, their language is the extended ASC two characters one seven nine to two one eight, which are single and double lines that can be put together.
Speaker 2: To draw boxes.
Speaker 1: There is a root to eighty five in Colorado, apparently, but it is a US highway instead of an interstate. There is an Interstate I two eighty five. It is the Beltway or Ring Road, and in circles Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: So it's a federal highway as opposed to state highway. Okay, interesting all, I'll run it all night long.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that is our review of goo Bags. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Don't forget. You can support us on Patreon to get early and add free access to all the shows we do here at the four thing of discount network links. That is the description of this podcast. Don't forget to subscribe to us on YouTube, give us a tombs up, subscribe to us, and give us a few comments below tell us what you thought of the episode. Also, please don't forget to continue to rate and review us honor a podcast Spotify reby do you listen to this show? Leave if you come words, We'd love to read all of your reviews. It's much appreciate. As we said, five stars. Next week's episode I've Gone Down to South like we shall be reviewing the episode titled Douche and Turd.
Speaker 2: There we go the a follow on from from this episode in some way.
Speaker 1: Yes, Douche and turn is next week's episode of Gone Down to South. I don't forget checked all the other shows we do here at the four Thing of Discount Network, but for nows Ad Everson, he's on the words for those incredible listener slash viewers out there.
Speaker 2: Hey, celebrity podcasters, don't dig your jibs.
Speaker 4: To delay to delivery
Speaker 2: To deliver, to delay to del