Speaker 1: Yea ripped of.
Speaker 2: News you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Comes the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only, and I mean that, the only show of its kind. You know what we do. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. Maybe a bad contractors wandered into your domain and taking money from you. Maybe you've got some scumbag landlord that can't seem to get the furnace or the air conditioner working. That is what this show's about. For over forty five years, to the tune of well over three hundred drid to million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges and refunds directly and I mean it directly due to this show. We're the only show that gets directly involved. You realize, if I've got a phone number to some dirtbag, I'll try to get them on the air. Sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't. I'll tell you something else. Businesses in general that do come on the air, I generally would say ninety percent, maybe even ninety five percent of the time. They have a good other side to the story. I'm dealing with a consumer right now that I'm not sure what's going on. I've got a consumer right now leaving this three ZHO three Martino at night. It goes to a voicemail, just leaving voicemails constantly, and the guy's starting to drive me crazy. I try to call him back to help him out, and the guy doesn't pick up. We'll figure out what that is. But sometimes people that leave messages at eleven thirty at night not to be normal. Frank durand the real estate man, you never seemed to sleep. You made me just think of this. I think I actually reached out to you late at night when you were selling my house one time over that whole address thing with my neighbor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mark, you don't sleep, brother. I don't think I've slept in like six years. Man, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. So in studio with me Frank durand the real estate man, Stephanie Thomas Real Estate Extraordinary Colorado Springspike Peaks Region, and then Todd Terry Apple Air. Todd has been a member of our referral list for Oh My God, twenty years. I'd have to say that's right. Todd, hit that mike button. Would you say twenty years?
Speaker 7: I think it's twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years, that's possible. That would be right around the start.
Speaker 7: Back in the Father John Day, yep.
Speaker 1: Father John Days. That's going way back. He owns Apple Air. They do HVA see they do heating. You guys do not do plumbing. Correct? Oh, I forgot you did plumbing? Electric or no? So you do the whole Gamut home services? Yeah, very cool man. So we'll be talking about that. And they have a special they teamed up with Excel as an Excel Energy and you can get a whole home audit and it's pretty cool. We'll get into that in a little bit. I want to get to the phones. We got a couple of things going on. I want to just a little house cleaning from yesterday, Kelly, when you get situated in there, I would like to get the guy back on with renewal by Anderson. The problem with those windows. I received those pictures. I assume we got them over to our expert. I wanted to kind of follow up. I think they looked I think the window installation looked horrible. I'll just put it. I'll put it for what it is. And I think renewal By Anderson needs to get this thing fixed before they get paid. That's just where I want to go with it. But I do want to hear from Nick Gravina. I want to hear what he thinks. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. We have two lines open.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This one came in yesterday at the end of the show, and I knew we'd have to spend some time on it. But this sounds horrible. Diane, something's going on with elderly abuse. Fill me in. What's happening. What is the relationship to you. I hope it's not you.
Speaker 8: No, it's not me. It's my neighbor. And uh, he's elderly who he's a disabled veteran, but his mother he was living with his mother for like the last ten years and then, uh, like a year ago, a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Diane, you just sparked some curiosity here, elder abuse. It's your name, so I assume he's elderly, but he was living with his mother. How old is he and how old was his mother?
Speaker 8: Well, his mother is still alive and she's like probably eighty three or eighty four, and he has to be sixty six or so.
Speaker 1: Still And does he still live next door to you or no? Yes, he does, Okay, now continue on.
Speaker 9: Well, so.
Speaker 8: His sisters came and took his mother out of the house, said that she had to go to some doctor's appointments, and so hit her out of the house and never brought her back. And then they took her over to the younger sister's house. And during this time she fell just recently in March, and with two black eyes and stitches in her forehead, and.
Speaker 2: So they took her to the hospital.
Speaker 8: And so two officers came to the hospital because of she was an elderly person and sure.
Speaker 2: They have to come.
Speaker 1: Did anything become of that? Did anything become of the officers? Where are there any charges filed against anybody? No, So they think so from the best that you know, they think that she possibly did fall or something along those lines.
Speaker 8: Well, she said that she fell at her daughter's house, got it, which is in Federal Heights. So he reported that to the Federal Heights Police department and they opened a case, but he hasn't heard back from them.
Speaker 1: And then what is his first name? What is your neighbor's first name?
Speaker 8: Uh, Ricky?
Speaker 1: Does Ricky think that his sister did something?
Speaker 10: Well, they're not.
Speaker 8: He thinks that they're stripped, equity stripping her. So they got power of attorney and they got guardianship over the mother. And as soon as they got that, then they threw into a nursing home. So she's been in a nursing home, okay, and she wants to come home. She's coherent enough to come home. They were just in court, not I guess here maybe in March, and the judge gave the older sister guardianship of the mother, but she doesn't. But the judge doesn't even know what's going on with a mother. So during this last night.
Speaker 1: Diane, I just I like covering all aspects and I've got some more questions for you. But is it possible that she really, you know, did fall, did hurt herself, and it was getting to the point where she probably did need twenty four to seven care. So they did go through in front of a judge, and it sounds like they did everything right. Whether or not the judge made the right decision, I don't know, But what I'm saying is they got power of attorney, They've they got whatever control they needed and put her into a home. And by the way, these homes are cheap by any means. It's not like there's free homes out there. How is that home being paid for?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know. I think if they're paying for it. There's so many things. They evicted their brother, okay, out of the house, so he has to be out by June thirtieth.
Speaker 1: And that's your neighbor, and yes, okay.
Speaker 8: My opinion is that they're just trying to equity strip their mother because they want him out and they're going to sell the house. But another counselor from all the twenty came and was talking to the mother and or the sisters at the house, and he said he didn't know why she needed to go to a home, that her home was perfectly fine for her to be in. And she was.
Speaker 1: But let's not let's not forget she. Let's not forget that ane she ended up in the hospital. Has has your neighbor gone? Is Ricky gone to see his mother in the home?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then what once? What is he relaying back to you.
Speaker 8: That his mother wants to come home and they won't let her come home. They when he goes to visit her, they have a counselor in the room where they where she's at, so he can't talk to his mother by herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: They they've gone in and they've taken her check book out of her purse. They changed her mailing address from her house down to the sister's house.
Speaker 1: I guess the real question. I guess the real question. And why you're calling and tell me if I'm incorrect. You want to somehow verify that this woman is is being taken advantage of. I mean, is that kind of what it comes down to?
Speaker 8: Yes, I think she. I think she needs her own lawyer so that she can speak because her daughters won't let her speak.
Speaker 1: Well, what does that mean? You're your neighbor can go see her and speak to her once a week? You said, what does that mean? She can't speak for herself.
Speaker 8: She wants to come home and they won't let her come home. And there's an Adams County counselors that said there wasn't any reason that she couldn't come home when she fell out of bed. I think that's what she said. She slipped out of bed or whatever.
Speaker 1: But hold on, here's what I want to do. Let me here's what I want to do, Diane, because I want to I do want to talk to an attorney. I want to talk to an estate planner. I want to talk to Mackenzie. So let's get Mackenzie on. And I am curious. How does someone petition the court if they really do feel like they should not be in a home. And I'd be curious if we sent somebody out there, say with her son, your neighbor, someone that's not involved, someone that doesn't care where the money goes, somebody that is truly an outside person that talks to her. How they would think maybe deputy doc or somebody. But let me try to give Mackenzie on. He's a great attorney. So we'll take this quick break three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five two lines open. Will be right back, hopefully with our expert.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I let you know when the line is open. We got a lot of stuff cooking right here. But Dan mackenzie, he is our expert when it comes to anything of state planning, asset protection. But Dan, I do have a question for you, and I'm not saying it's going on in this case, and you can ask whatever questions. The caller's name is Diane. But Diane's neighbor is the son of a woman that he did live with. At some point, his sister came and got the mother, and I guess moved the mother in with the sister. She fell down the stairs. Something happened, She ended up in the er, she was bruised up. I mean, you know, you can imagine she's eighty six years old. Let's say she did fall down the stairs. I don't know if anything nefarious happened or not, but regardless, they got power of attorney, okay, and they put her into a home. What the Sun is claiming now is when he goes and visits her in the care facility, and I don't know if it's memory care, I don't know what it is. But in the home, the bottom line is she is telling the son that she doesn't want to be there, but no one will let her go home. So just what are your thoughts on that? If that's true, what would you do next?
Speaker 13: I mean, I would just note that power of attorney gives people the ability to make decisions for you, but it doesn't take away your ability to make your own decisions too. So just because you're wreacting as my agent doesn't mean I can't make my own decisions. So that is not that should not be a basis for holding someone against it, and there will in a care facility like that. Normally, if you feel like they're trying to make a decision that's harmful to them, you've got to get guardianship over them. That does take away that person's right to make their own decision.
Speaker 1: And see, I'm wondering, Diane, do you know if they actually have guardianship as well as just a medical or even an economical power of attorney.
Speaker 8: Do you know the answer to that, Yes, they did get guardianship.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there's that that they calculated all of their moves to get that guardian.
Speaker 12: Diane.
Speaker 1: I get that, and I'm not saying that didn't happen. But I'm just more looking at this from with Dan, at least from a legal perspective. Meaning if someone did go in front of a judge and was granted guardianship Dan, but that person really doesn't think that was right. A week later, a month later, what can someone do? If anything?
Speaker 13: Guardianships do require regular reporting. It's not like the court just to sign that person is guardian and then says good luck and you know, hope we don't see again.
Speaker 14: I mean, the.
Speaker 15: Guardian does have to.
Speaker 13: Regularly the report to the court what's going on, and that case would still be open. So Diana, you think there's something, I mean, you might have an opportunity. I don't know if you were notified about the case. Normally, close relatives are supposed to be notified so that they can they can submit there. Well, I guess they're not a relative, you're a.
Speaker 16: Neighbors that Yeah, she's the neighbor of the sun okay okay, okay, well, well, relatives would have a right to participate in that case.
Speaker 8: Two two cases have been filed, with the one with the Federal Heights Police because she didn't fall down the stairs, she slipped out of bed and so then they took her to the hospital and then two officers showed up and she said she fell at her sisters, but the older sister said she fell at the nursing home.
Speaker 1: Maybe they don't. But maybe she's confused, is my point, Diane. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but maybe she's not confused.
Speaker 1: I mean that maybe that's true. But wait, hold on, And this is why I wanted Dan on Dan. When someone tries to get guardianship, I mean, it's not like the judge is going to be in cahoots or something. I'm not saying that's never happened, but typically speaking, what do you have to prove in court? I mean, how does that go?
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, normally my experiences that judges are very skeptical and worried about taking someone's rights away to manage their own care. So they do proceed pretty carefully. And that person who is the subject of the guardianship is often included in the case if they can be, and if they don't have a lawyer, that they hire their assign one, which is, you know, a guardian at item situation right like here's it's like almost having a public defender working for you. So the process is usually pretty thorough, but you know it does there are famous stories about abuses happening. So I don't want to completely you know, not say you have any valid point, Diane, but there should be a mechanism within that guardianship case to maybe bring your consern the son's concerns to the court's attention.
Speaker 1: You know, years ago, going to the exact point you just made, Dan, you're ars ago, Tom got a call and basically ended up getting a person out of a home and it took a legal battle and it took some other stuff to get done. But it was kind of an abusive situation by one of her children, and it's just crazy. I wish I could recall the entire story. But when you first hear a story like this, you do you go, well, man, the judge would have to be involved or not care, and a lot of things need to happen. But Matt, you just never know, do you? You really never know? Would it be? Would it make any sense for like her neighbor who was once again the son, to hire an attorney or to hire somebody I don't know who. Maybe you can help me with this when he goes and visits his mom next week to a valuator, that's.
Speaker 8: What he's hoping for. Somebody else from the outside will look and talk to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without even without possibly without him being president or whatever. But I don't even know. Let me can can can the guardian actually say no, no one else can go visit.
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 13: I mean the courts often do, especially at the beginning, but I think they can do it at any time. As their professional visitors, they go out and see what's going on at the house. I mean, they work for often the Adult Protective Services Division. So maybe the son could contact them and see if they could have a role in this, but it would probably be through the I don't think you could just hire a lawyer and get the one out there. It probably would require some sort of action within that guardian.
Speaker 1: You case, well, that's probably what he's got to do. But even if they hired a lawyer to represent him, well, I guess it would still be his mother. It's so complicated, but you think, maybe say that again, who would you who do you think they should reach out to?
Speaker 18: You?
Speaker 1: First? Adult Protective Services?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean it's it's no reason not to do that. I guess for the county where the mother is living, we Adult protect the Services there because they're the ones that often will send visitors out to people that they're concerned about. Yeah, that might be a starting point. And then yeah, a lawyer who can potentially file some sort of request for the court in the guardianship case too.
Speaker 8: Lawyers that however, every lawyer there have a passage. We don't do that. We don't handle that. We don't, we don't, we don't, you know, and he's up against he's just so frustrated.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what do you the lawyer a minute, when you say he doesn't handle Diane, When you say you talked to he talked to all these attorneys, I mean, what attorney would you call dan? I mean, there's got to be a lot of attorneys to do this.
Speaker 13: Probably elder log attorney, which is slightly different than an the state planning understood, so that, yeah, there is an area of log that focuses on elder issues, and this might be what guardianships are frequently part of that. He might be running into people people who do guardianships but don't necessarily do ones that are contested. I mean, this is like a contested case.
Speaker 19: That's a that's a level up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know what. I know somebody that does these and it's the Harris Law Firm. They do elder abuse cases. Okay, so you might call and talk to them, but i'd call I'd listen to with dancing, because if you can get adult services involved, you're not gonna have or he's not gonna have much of a cost to it. You call up a big law firm like the Harris Law Firm, I mean you're gonna be He's going to be four five, six hundred bucks an hour, and who knows what's going on there. I have no idea his financial means.
Speaker 8: Well, he said he's called the police, two police departments.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, what do you expect the police to do?
Speaker 8: He's called the governor's office, he's called he's just trying to reach out to somebody that'll listen, that will say, okay, we have somebody that will go investigate an elderly person abuse case. Just go talk to her, you know, is she really.
Speaker 1: Is she saying that? Now, wait a minute, Diane, there wasn't one thing you've told me during the whole conversation with or without our expert on Dan mackenzie. Where I heard about abuse? I heard that she fell here or maybe she fell there. But where do you think the abuse comes in?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 1: Do you think do you really think sister beat up her mother?
Speaker 8: Can't make no phone calls?
Speaker 1: Do you really think this sister beat up her mother?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think the sister beat up the mother. I'm saying that for them to take her out of her home, I got you, and to put her somewhere else where she.
Speaker 10: Is still good.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you. But please understand, they did go through a judge, they did go through a lot. I would do exactly what Dan said. I'm gonna have give you the Harris Law Firm number two if you want to call an attorney, but you're not gonna find Once again, I don't know his means. I don't know if he can actually afford this kind of attorney. But I bet they would talk to you and give you some advice and then just like Dan said, call adult Protective Services. That could be a really good starting point in whatever county she's in right now in that home. By the way, Dan McKenzie, asset protection, pro probate, you can do wills, you can do trust, you can do everything. I love the fact we wrap it up into asset protection because no matter what that really is, what a good will or trust is. It protects the kids, which is probably your biggest asset, and then it protects every financial tool you have. Dan, And you know I love everything you do.
Speaker 17: Man, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can go ahead Dan.
Speaker 13: That it can why people to hear asset protection, they're kind of thinking the rich and famous, but a lot of people do stuff. You know, people form companies, you're buying insurance, you know, you know, you don't.
Speaker 15: You don't just like.
Speaker 17: Spending money on insurance.
Speaker 13: You're aware, like lawsuits are always a risk for everybody.
Speaker 1: So it's something thing about, No, it's something to think about big time. How about people whose parents are getting elderly and they want to start thinking of maybe a little medicaid protection from Uncle Sam taking everything they've made over the years. I'm just kind of throwing stuff out there. These are the kind of conversations you have with Dan, and you can reach Dan it eight three three co plans, Colorado Plans eight three three c O Plans. I appreciate you coming on Dan as always. Everybody hanged tight. Two lines open we have. Oh good, we got Mario up. We're going to talk about a problem with the windows yesterday and a lot more after that.
Speaker 3: Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, one line open three oh three seven one three A two five y five A Mario, hold on. We're trying to get Nick Ravina up. We sent him those pictures, but honestly, I think the installation job is absolutely horrible. I think it's horrible by renewal by Anderson, But I want to I can't imagine Nick's gonna say anything else. He might not put it in the exact same words I did. Hey Dan, what's your comment on that elderly abuse call? Hey Dan?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Man, Go ahead, sir, Hey.
Speaker 21: Mark, listen up. So I just had a thought the son the disabled veteran, if he's truly a disabled veteran and he's connected to the VA right now, then there should be some advocate within the VA that he can go to because he's being evicted from that home and being a disabled veteran, there are requirements when he's living with somebody in terms of giving him a safe place to live and all those kinds of things. So there may be an angle in there where you know what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who do you think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: How would you? I just I know very little about that. I know, once you're in the system, you probably do. I mean, like literally, he might have a phone number. He might not be in the system at all, though, But you're right, in fact, I'm sure she's still listening if he does have an advocate. Let me ask you this though, Dan, If he doesn't have an advocate right now, but is truly a disabled veteran, who would he reach out to do we even start that process not just for this but for his whole life?
Speaker 21: Right so he would want to contact the DAV disabled American veterans. It's it's part of the VA system, but they are the ones who manage the benefits that you're entitled to when you are connected to the VA.
Speaker 1: I got it right here. Look look man, that was so that was This is great information, man, dav Denver. It's right down on Callfax. It's a big well, it's not a huge building, but it's a big building seven two zero three seven nine thirty four h five. That is a great starting point. Once again, I mean, I don't know if there's anything the fairy is going on. I don't know if this was the right thing for that woman. I would like to find out, but this is a great starting point for this guy in general, if he doesn't already have an advocate.
Speaker 16: That's right.
Speaker 1: Are you a disabled vet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 21: There I am.
Speaker 1: And where did you get disabled? If you don't mind me asking? And what service.
Speaker 2: I was in?
Speaker 21: The Navy. I was in the First Gulf War back in the early nineties. Yeah, and I was exposed to oxes from burn pits and chemical agents back back then. So I deal with my whole nervous system has been affected by this, and I live with large amounts of pain every day.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, Dan, how is Uncle Sam honest to god man? How is Uncle Sam taken care of you when it comes to this. I mean, I understand just the fact that they, you know, the burn pits are horrible. There's a lot of people affected just like you. So let's and I just want to put that aside, meaning that happened. But how now that that's happened and you're dealing with that on a daily basis, how does Uncle Sam take care of most of you guys?
Speaker 10: I will have to say that.
Speaker 21: Unfortunately, it's a pretty Uh, it's very individually based on what your experience is.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 21: Okay, it depends on.
Speaker 17: What VA.
Speaker 21: Office or you know, medical center that you visit and what staff is going to be, you know, working with you, because it's very inconsistent with the VA. Fortunately for me, I'm connected up in northern Colorado, so I I go to Cheyenne, Via for most of my major things, and then I use the Lovely and VA as their satellite office for some of the day to day kind of you know PCP type stuff. So primary care.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 21: But in any case, I have received fairly good care, except for the fact that it is painfully slow, especially when you're going through the diagnostic space. It's taken me almost three years to actually get service connected, and I've been dealing with this pain for twenty five years. That's started in ninety.
Speaker 15: Four, So you know it's slow.
Speaker 21: But once you start getting the ball rolling and start thinks, things start happening. I have been taken care fairly well.
Speaker 1: So you've got basically you're saying you've got to stay on it. You've got to stay on them and advocate for yourself and things will move along. If if you're in an office, it gives a crap because it sounds like an office in Denver. And I'm just throwing that out because I assume it's a lot bigger, might be a little harder to deal with.
Speaker 21: Well, when he calls, if they actually home or he actually is a resident of Denver, then that's the right office to call. That if he's not a resident they have They usually have advocates in almost every city in the area, so it's not easy to access them. Hey you know I have two or three Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely thanks for.
Speaker 1: The information, but also thanks for the service. That really big time. Dan. I remember that war that was the original shock and awe. That guy's probably close to my age, maybe a little older, but I remember that Kuwait deal and we rolled in that first bush Man like they just blew them up and the war was over. But those guys were over there for a long time, you know, setting up in a long time over But that was like the first war of my life that I remember, and it was probably one of the first wars that was televised. Like the whole damn thing was televised, or at least the parts they wanted us to see. June's got a problem with the car, and then we're gonna get to Mario as well. Mario. The only reason I'm making you hold man is I want to get our expert on. I'll start working on that hold tight, brother.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a lot cooking here, June. I promise we're going to get to this issue with your towning country. And Mario, Nick Ravina, who I sent over the pictures, uh, just texted me. He's going to be available soon, but he's finishing some thing up. So both of you right afterwards. We're going to get to but really quick. Mario. I looked at those pictures. I think that that's on the inside of the windows that renewal by Anderson installed, right, Yes, I think it looks absolutely horrible, I mean, like straight up horrible. But I do want to get Nick's thoughts on that, So let me put you back on holding. We'll get him on over the big break and then June we'll get to that town and country. But while I'm thinking about it, what is the issue with the service? What happened?
Speaker 15: Let's kick k So.
Speaker 22: I brought my car in to get fixed, and it got fixed. But after I brought it home and looked at the car, I noticed that there was some damage in the front of my car.
Speaker 3: After you picked it up, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped up bad news you needed who.
Speaker 23: You don't have?
Speaker 4: Come running as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 1: My friends to the only show of it's kind where we tackle any issue you need help with. I don't care if it's a bad contractor or you think someone is abusing somebody that's elderly, anything we try to get involved in. During the break, we were kind of talking about that call. I'm not gonna dive back into it, but the reason I bring it up. If you go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network when we're on breaks, you can actually see us. But on top of that, you can actually hear us when I'm not doing a live commercial. We kind of cut to what we're talking about, and I kind of went around the room and I was curious if you heard that call if not listen to the first hour. But someone called up and they thought someone was being abused because they wanted to come home from a care facility of some sort. I'm not even sure if it was memory care what we're talking but that person fell down or apparently fell down and had some issues and one of the siblings decided it was time for a home. But the other sibling doesn't like that. He visits his mother and the mother always wants to come home. And we were talking about that a lot of times, and we're going to try to We're going to try to look into that a little more. But a lot of times what happens is, yeah, of course they want to come home, but that doesn't mean they're capable of taking care of them. That person ended up in the hospital because they either fell out of bed or fell somewhere. There was multiple stories on it, but at some point it's probably simply not to be safe unless you know what you're doing taking care of somebody like that. But I don't know. Those calls are kind of curious to me. Now I want to talk real quick. Then we're going to go to June, David and Bill. Hey, Kelly, are you there? Do me a favor. I want you to open up line two Mario until I hear back from Nick because I really want him at the same time, Yeah.
Speaker 24: He hasn't texting me back yet about when he can get on.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fine. So like what I'm saying is, let's free up line two. I got you, So we'll have one line open three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We have got a plethora of questions here. I'm going to finish up with June right after this. But Todd Terry, we were talking about the break. You guys do a whole home energy audit. Todd is with at Actually you've owned Apple Air, been on a referral list for twenty five years. But the energy audit sixty percent of it is paid for by, say, example, Excel Energy.
Speaker 7: Right, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Get closer to that mic for me.
Speaker 7: That's correct. Mark in home energy audit of Excel Energy will pay up to sixty percent of the costs of the audit up to two hundred dollars for gas customers customers that are homes are heated by gas.
Speaker 1: So listen to this, folks. So after that discount, let's get to the nuts and bolts, Tom or Todd. Is it like five hundred and then minus two hundred? What is the net cost if they're Excel Energy customer, four.
Speaker 7: Hundred and fifty dollars for an energy audit. If they're a gas customer.
Speaker 1: And then they get two hundred.
Speaker 7: Off, they get two hundred dollars off.
Speaker 1: So they only net two fifty for the whole thing.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Now listen to what these guys come out and do it at your house and think of air conditioning. You're getting ready to turn that on. How much of that air conditioning leaves your house. What do you guys do for that two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 7: We go in and do a whole home energy assessment. We'll make recommendations for the on the heating and cooling, on your appliances, on infiltration, the will do a complete analysis of the duct system and basically you'll leave with a complete report of your performance of your home.
Speaker 1: And Excel picks it up. Now, do you do like any kind of weather ceiling during that?
Speaker 7: We absolutely do.
Speaker 1: We do so like around doors, windows, you do the weather ceiling. Yeah, how about insulation.
Speaker 7: Insulation in the attic.
Speaker 1: Hey listen to what you say. Two hundred and fifty bucks insulation, weather ceiling around the house. Then a full report. They're going to make sure your registers are doing what they're supposed to do. And you set that little what is that a reverse air box.
Speaker 7: It's it's a blower door test. So we will extract all the air out of the home and see where it's coming in, and we'll go and retreat and find where the infiltration is and make recommendations for sealing those those areas.
Speaker 1: And you'll test the efficiency of say the air conditioner that is correct.
Speaker 7: If the air conditioner the.
Speaker 1: How about like let's say you go look at the cadenser outside and it's packed full of like leaves from winter cotton.
Speaker 7: Cotton is a big one. Cotton's a big one, Yes, from the cottonwood trees.
Speaker 1: You guys blow that out.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, we clean it out.
Speaker 1: It's and it's all part of the two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it's the weather.
Speaker 1: Ceiling in the insulation that gets me and Excel. This is one of those benefits that there's a lot of people that have Excel and they're lucky because I don't have Excel. We've got black Hills or whatever. And they almost offer nothing ever for anything, right, But Excel does offer a lot of these rebates, so you can sign up for that. Listen three oh three seven three three twenty eight thirteen. I've known Todd for at least fifteen twenty years, maybe even longer, quite frankly, and you actually did one of my AC units when we first moved to frightdown. In fact, I think you literally installed it.
Speaker 7: I think I did too, Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really cool, man. And that unit's still up and cruising like one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's our upstairs unit. So here's the good news. When the kids moved out, that unit was for upstairs.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: We were able just to turn it off. We just simply don't use it. So our energy bill went down.
Speaker 7: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 1: All right, So you can go to appleair dot com as well. You got an E at the end, right, that's correct, Appleair with that E at the very end dot com or three oh three seven three three twenty eight thirteen. You should get that book the four fifties a great price, but then with a two hundred dollars rebate. That's incredible. Hey, June, let's go. Let's go back to this car issue. So you bring it to a shop, you pick it up. You didn't notice when you picked it up, but you get the car all the way home and you notice damage on the front. I want you to explain what the damage looked like, Like someone dropped a tool on it, or like a car backed into it. It kind of explained everybody listening what it was.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yes, it just looked like a truck or somebody maybe with a pole or something. I don't know. Somebody backed into it.
Speaker 1: Somehow, and where was it on the car, the front or the back. Where was it?
Speaker 22: Well, it was on the front right corner, I believe.
Speaker 1: And how come you didn't see it? You walked up to the driver's side basically and didn't even see that side of the car till you got home parked and then walked into your house and you pass that side of the car.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean I saw it the next day, and then I called the shop and he said, well, you can either bring it in when you get that next inspection, or you can bring it in tomorrow or today whenever that was. So I brought it in. I said, let's just let me just bring it.
Speaker 8: In and show you.
Speaker 1: And what did you say when he looked at it? He said, yeah, it looks like a fresh mark.
Speaker 22: He did, he said, yeah, it looked like a fresh mark. He goes, okay, So he was pretty good. I mean their shop is pretty good, and you know, it seemed like he was going to fix it and stuff. And then I didn't notice that he made some calls to me that I didn't get, so I got to call him back. But I also noticed something in the back. So I'm just wondering. I'm just more like the situation.
Speaker 1: So Ultimately, you've got a question. You've got a question. In general, a lot of people don't understand when you have when your car is given to someone into their custody, like when you drop it off at a shop. There's a couple of things here. Let me ask you this. If you dropped it off and there was a hailstorm, do you think that they would be responsible. No, nope, that's right. They would not be responsible. Now if they told you, hey, June, while we have the care and custody of your car, we're going to actually keep it inside so nothing happens, and they didn't keep it inside and then there was hail damage, they would be responsible. Now we need to figure out what happened. There's a big difference between if a tool dropped on it, something that happened in their shop that they created, or if someone backed into you, or if they backed into somebody with your car. Without knowing those questions, I'm not sure how we would prove anything. If they attempted to turn it over to what's called their garage keeper's policy, and the garage keepers denied it, then there's probably no proof out there. Do they have cameras around the facility, I don't believe.
Speaker 22: So, because they have a very tight it's a very small parking lot. They have tons of cars in there.
Speaker 1: So after talking to the manager or owner and showing the damage and he acknowledged it looks fresh. What was your impression of where the conversation was left. Did you think he was going to do something like fix it or what was your impression of his reaction?
Speaker 22: Yeah, my impression of his reaction was that he was going to do something, but.
Speaker 1: Then nothing happened. What is the last conversation you had with him?
Speaker 22: Well, and I think I was looking at my phone log yesterday and I think I did see that he had called, but I didn't see that before. So I'm My impression is he's going to fix it. I want to mention the backside, but he may not be amenable to that, but I just want to. My impression is I want to see what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: Do you have a picture of the damage? I do, Can you hold let me put you on old I got to take this break. Anyhow, send it to well Kelly, You'll tell you where to send it. I want to look at the picture of the damage. I'm curious if it looks like a car, or if it looks like a tool, or maybe if she was getting an oil change the thing you push up under the car. I mean, I'd like to see what it looks like. And then Davi's got a question on a reverse mortgage, Bill's got a contractor issue, and a lot more After this.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Alright, three oh three seven one three A two five five. As soon as I get those picks of that car, I'm going to try to even get them up on our YouTube channel, and then we're going to get her back on hopefully give her some good advice. I'm hoping they step up, but I'd like to see what kind of damage it is. Now David's been holding for a while in a reverse mortgage question.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, David, thank you, Yes, I have I have a question in general. I'm planning on purchasing a house very soon, within a couple of months. It's it's a state of being built. Sure, I'm sixty six years old. If you have a general death that you can guess for me that I could collect to a government sponsored reverse mortgage plan. Let's say when I'm seventy, and let's say the house is worth seven hundred thousand at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, when you're seventy, you'd probably be able to tap into almost fifty percent of that equity.
Speaker 11: And so what would that look like in monthly payments? Is there such a thing as they structure something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could calculate. They could calculate it based upon what your what the average death would be at at a mail I don't know if that's eighty three, I don't know what that is, but they would calculate it than do the division. Then you would basically get that check or even better yet, you would just why not just do a line of credit that you can use. And the reason I say that on the line of credit is that line of credit will will grow. So let's say let's say you have a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars line of credit each year that will grow the same rate as the interest. So if the interest is five percent, I mean you'd be looking at growing that line of credit about twenty thousand dollars each year, so you would have more and more available compared to getting those checks. I mean it would still even grow with those checks. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 11: You know, that's that's over my head, to be honest with you. So I thought it was a different type of arrangement where you get a monthly check. If you were to live extraordinarily long, you'd still continue to get those checks.
Speaker 1: Well, that's more of a let's do this. Let's get John Clayson for this guy, Kelly, Yeah, let's get John on. I think I don't think they do it the way you're thinking, But let's ask John. I mean that sounds more of like an annuity product. What age are you gonna buy the house.
Speaker 11: At at sixty six? And I didn't intend to stop working until seventy? Yeah, and that the house is being sold, it's a new build. It's being sold out for six sixty or six hundred and sixty thousand. Yeah, I'm just gonna get this to me worse seven probably four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be right. But you're not gonna buy it with the reverse mortgage, right? Are you gonna buy it like cash or or go ahead with cash? Yeah, and then you would convert to you would basically sell it back to yourself using your reverse mortgage.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: But I thought I was selling to the government.
Speaker 11: I thought they were giving me money on it.
Speaker 1: Now they're government back. There's a lot of regulations I'm gonna have. I'm gonna have John on in a second, but I'll tell you a few basics everybody else out there. So one people think because the government is kind of involved. There's two things. One, you can only charge so much, whatever those amounts are, whatever those percentages are. Whoever's doing the loan can only charge so much. But where that confuses a lot of people, other people can save you a lot of money. The guy I'm getting on John with CMG. They're actually the bank. They do their own loans. They're not like resellers of loans like a lot of people. So they're like the direct lender, and they can save you money on a reverse mortgage. But the government did make it to where people can't extremely overcharge you. Let me lock you in. Hey, John, how does that work on the most you can charge for reverse mortgage? I know you guys don't do that, but what is allowable?
Speaker 10: Well, they allow it to It's usually depending on the loan size, but they the Rich Nation fees usually kept at six thousand. But it's the mortgage insurance fee that's the most expensive.
Speaker 2: And that's really depends on what your loan amount's going to be.
Speaker 1: Got it And that's where you guys just I mean, but you guys can do better than almost anybody out there on a reverse Is that correct?
Speaker 10: We can, Yes, we can lower that origination fee and we do that all all now.
Speaker 1: Now listen to this question. So let's let's go through the options real quick. He's sixty five, he's going to pay cash for it. When he's seventy, he's going to turn around and do a reverse mortgage on it. So on one hundred percent of it, and at age seventy he would get pretty close to he'd get close to fifty percent. What would you get as of right now like forty seven.
Speaker 10: What No, No, probably forty five, forty five.
Speaker 1: So he'd get so he get forty five, and then the options would be you have a line of credit for that equity, and that line of credit would grow along with that interest rate. So what what would that be right now? How much with that line of credit roughly grow each year?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, it grows.
Speaker 10: Actually, what it does. It increases by the size of the mortgage insurance. So and it's really it grows because you get older, but it grows by about you know, it grows by about you know, two percent.
Speaker 15: A month on there.
Speaker 10: Okay, so it grows grows quite a bit. If you're not using it, it.
Speaker 1: Grows a lot if you're not using it. Now what are you? What are your options? John? On monthly checks? So instead of getting the line of credit, how does the bank or how does cmg in this case, how do they actually factor? Is there any product with reverse mortgage where you get guaranteed a certain amount till the day you die? Or that does not exist?
Speaker 18: Exactly, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 10: And then we run in It depends on the age.
Speaker 2: It's called the tenure.
Speaker 10: But you can do Okay, you're guaranteed this much per month when we run it, you know, based on age and value the house and things like that. But it's guaranteed for the rest of your life, and you can also do different things. If you needed more, we can run that number and say, okay, this will last you for twelve years and then you're out.
Speaker 1: So there is a product.
Speaker 10: There's many options.
Speaker 1: So there is a product that could just yeah, basically, you know, the guy lives till one hundred and fifteen, he's going to get that same amount till the day he dies.
Speaker 10: Hey they dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that. It's almost like an annuity.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 10: And then you can do it many different ways where you can take a lump some say you needed twenty or thirty grand out first and then see what it'll give you on on a monthly basis. So a lot of options with the reverse mortgage as far as over.
Speaker 1: That name of that product, well, it's a reverse mortgage. But the company I would go through is John. I literally use John at CMG. John, I say this in your spots I do for you. How many billions do you guys do a month?
Speaker 10: Or we're about three billion across the country.
Speaker 1: So think about that. First of all, if you're listen on a podcast or YouTube, you can call John up. He can help you with these products all over the country anywhere. What that phone number John's at three oh three eight eight two six' six seven nine or his website so, Easy partner In lending dot Com partner In. Lending but he's happy to answer any questions for anybody. Listening but the bottom line, is AND i really want to drive this. Through he doesn't go. Out typically a mortgage broker goes, out they shop. You here's your credit, score here's your, income here's you and they get interest. Rates then they basically mark it up and make this. SPREAD i, mean is that an easy way to say, It, John.
Speaker 10: Yeah it's a very easy way to say. It they'll, do you, know shop to many different brokers and you don't know if they're giving you the best deal or.
Speaker 1: Not and, yeah, yeah SO i mean go direct with the. BANK i don't know how else to put. IT i don't know WHY i Use john. There i'll say it right. Now he did my all in one. Loan and that's an another incredible. Thing in, fact let me ask you Something, john while we Have david still on. NOW i don't know what the income requirements, are but it's an asset base, loan so basically my house AND i don't want to USE i don't want to use real. Numbers but my house was worth one hundred dollars at the, time SO i got an eighty dollars line of credit on my. HOUSE i got basically eighty percent line of, credit and we don't owe anything on my, house AND i can do WHATEVER i. Want what ted eighty, DOLLARS i can take it, OUT i can pay it, down AND i have a checking account attached to, it so any DOLLARS i put in the checking account offsets whatever's owed out of that eighty. Dollars so IF i have forty dollars in the checking account and forty dollars taken out of my credit, LINE i have no, payment no, interest do. Whatsoever it's an amazing, product AND i have access to that money for how? Long john thirty? Years thirty year line of. Credit if you're a small business person out there and you have a lot of equity in your house and your cash flow is, good you could have no. Mortgage you could sweep your business account into this product and have no mortgage, payment no, interest but that's a whole different. Product but these guys are the bank they do at. All i'm gonna give the information Out. David you have any other, questions or you can Call John direct three oh three eight eight two sixty six seven. Nine i'll do.
Speaker 2: That thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much, hey thank You. MAN i appreciate. It And, JOHN i appreciate you coming on as our expert once, Again partner in lending dot. Com thanks, Again, John i'll talk to you, Later partner in lending dot. Com, now everybody hold. Tight we got an issue With, verizon a contractor, issue and much much much. More right after, this.
Speaker 3: Go with a short Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Right three seven one three eight two five. Five you've been ripped off for taking advantage Of we love, Education we love. Educating we were kind of talking about where business was at in. General Todd, terry owner Of Apple, are said something. Interesting when all THAT covid money was going, around there was people buying, uh furnaces acs left and. Right, huh, man think of all the money people.
Speaker 7: Had, yeah there's a lot of money flying. Around, UH covid. Money we call.
Speaker 1: It yeah what our our kids were, eighteen, no, yeah eighteen and twenty IN i think twenty. Twenty FIRST covid. Checks they got full BLOWN covid. Checks our kids got like four grand From Uncle. Sam crazy because they filed their own. Taxes it WAS covid. Money it was LEGITIMATELY covid. Money then a lot of people stealing From Uncle, sam GETTING covid loans they probably never should. Have right here In, colorado the unemployment was taken advantage of so bad it's. REMARKABLE i mean it was like no one was at The helm In denver and they were just sending out checks left in, right that's.
Speaker 7: CORRECT a lot of people were staying or a lot of people were working from. Home during those, TIMES yep tak't care of much needed projects and improvements in their, homes AND yep heating and their. Conditionings at the top of the lists energy. Retrofits so the insulation and windows and that money was just flying. Around it was great for all of us contractors and that.
Speaker 1: Energy you, know you got going now, though for two hundred and fifty bucks, man you, come do all the weather. Ceiling if an addict needs, insulation you add. That you run the entire house to make sure there's not big gaps. Anywhere you clean the condenser on the FREAKING, Ac you check the, furnace you check, everything.
Speaker 7: Check the air conditioner for energy. Efficiency and, uh just.
Speaker 1: The weather stripping alone is worth at it's it's.
Speaker 7: Huge the air infiltration is often that's where all OUR ac goes. Overlooked, yeah that's, correct all, Right?
Speaker 1: Bill what is going on with? You by the, way two lines open three h Three martino three zero three seven one three eight two five Five? Bill what say?
Speaker 23: You good?
Speaker 25: Morning. TOM i hired a contractor to do some work in my home.
Speaker 20: And we reached a point where the relationship has to be severed mid. Contract SO i contacted your organization to see IF i could get a list of maybe three names of, arbitrators because, that's you, know in the contract it says that's the first step in the resolution. Process AND i don't know any, arbitrators and SINCE i no longer trust my, Contractor i'm not really Sure i'm going to trust an arbitrator that he comes up.
Speaker 1: With, well the arbitrator is generally from a. List i'm sorry about, THAT i missed the cough. Button but generally, speaking if you're going into mediation or arbitration and it's, binding you would typically have a list in that contract that says something, like you know arbitrators Of, america AND i can't remember exactly what they're, called but you would both pick somebody from. There you would never go out and hire your own for the same reason you don't want them doing the. Same but the other thing you've got to think about is when you go in, there you probably need a contractor of some, sort somebody that is in the exact same. Industry for, example if it's a roofing thing we're talking, about you probably need an expert witness to actually calculate what your damages. Are if you have any, DAMAGES i would think that would be the first. Thing and then you look literally into the contract to see what it says about. Arbitration what does it. Say what does the arbitration clause? Say, well it.
Speaker 25: Says that if it disputizes concerning any, matter both parties agree to meet with a mutually acceptable mediator to resolve the.
Speaker 1: Dispute, okay, well then means you both got to find a. Mediator, well, right but there's no. List it doesn't point to anything LIKE, AAA, I, C D r anything like.
Speaker 25: That, no, sir it does. Not it just says mutually acceptable to meet with a mutual mutually acceptable.
Speaker 15: Mediator so.
Speaker 26: You, Know i'm looking for someone who can perform.
Speaker 25: That, function, right BECAUSE.
Speaker 26: I Mean i'm not in the.
Speaker 25: INDUSTRY i don't know you know anybody that's a you.
Speaker 15: Know that's a mediator creator.
Speaker 25: Knowledgeable in the construction.
Speaker 1: Industry look at. It and that's part of it. Too, Yeah and it's a big deal because you're both according at least to your, agreement you both need to accept the same. ONE i would reach out to them with some ideas that you have for a. Mediator what kind of problem is, it by the, Way, well the.
Speaker 26: Problem is that.
Speaker 25: The trust between the parties has been.
Speaker 1: No But i'm, Saying i'm, saying when you get down to the nitty gritty of, it is it like a? Roof is it like a basement? Refinished because you're going to want a mediator that, understands at least the. Industry you don't want to go to a mediator that understands car problems for a landscaping. Issue and that's.
Speaker 27: WHY i called, you, Folks, yeah we don't.
Speaker 26: KNOW i figured that you would know a. Lot you would Have you would know mediators who had knowledge of the construction, industry and you could give, me you, know a few names THAT i could, propose and then he could pick.
Speaker 1: One That i'm going to go back to the same. QUESTION i just asked you what kind of? Construction what are we talking about?
Speaker 25: Here we're talking about since we're talking about basement.
Speaker 1: Finishing, okay so it is it's like a basement. Finish i'm trying to think WHO i would know that would have a great mediator lined up for. That you know WHO i want to get. On i'm gonna put you on. Hold get Me, Shamansky, kelly get Me. SHAMANSKY i bet he knows someone that we can trust as. WELL i bet, YOU i bet. You and it's kind of weird that the other person would have to agree on the Same generally you would. Go generally they would give a list or a group of people or an organization where that mediator's got to be, from and then you both kind of agree on. It but that's a little what you read to me is a little. Different. There let's take this quick. Break we're going to come back mike' scott a tax issue question on electrical company and Then art the issue With verizon will be, next but hopefully we can Get shamansky on everybody hold, tight.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 12: Pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance check, up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now THREE o three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 12: Two all, right so check it.
Speaker 1: Out very. Interesting let me pull this guy back up by the. Way three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five so That's, bill, right, Hey, bill very. Interesting, Here i'm gonna give you a, website all, right, Okay Colorado mediation dot. Org it's known as THE mac and these are. People it's the largest, statewide private nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of mediation and people that belong to this should be acceptable to you and should be acceptable to the. Contractor in, Fact colorado Gov colorado dot, gov the judicial branch actually basically says this is who you should, use and if you go, there you can actually click find a. Mediator when you hit find a, mediator you're going to pick out what county the mediation's going to be done, in and then it's going to give a LIT i would use basically anybody on. Here and if there's already a court case going or if you end up filing suit against these people and mediation is going to be mandatory because that's what's in the contract and they invoke that, clause then you can actually pull up the suit number or the lawsuit number and attach that mediator right to it and go to the mediation.
Speaker 25: Well the contract states that mediation must occur before any legal.
Speaker 1: Proceedings, yeah so go, here that's. What then you're going to go, here and you're going to search by county or you can even search by. City so if you're In Douglas, county you Hit douglas and then it'll actually drill down to is it a construction? Issue is it?
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: Whatever it's going to give you different.
Speaker 25: Things all, right and can you give me that website one more?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 1: Please, Absolutely Colorado mediation dot Or, Okay, YEAH i.
Speaker 20: Just wanted to make SURE i n there all correctly and.
Speaker 1: Listen they're all approved by the, state which is gonna be important long as they're a.
Speaker 3: Man go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 12: Pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass. Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh, three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand The Real Estate man dot com to list your home With remax alliance three.
Speaker 12: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 7: Two, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ripped of, news so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come run instant as we. Can no shit's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come this is The Troubleshooter, Show No Tom, martine welcome my friends to the only show of as, guy and we're here to solve, problems answering, questions take your.
Speaker 1: Complaints we've been talking about everything you name it, today elder abuse all the way to people getting ripped off from different, deals either a shop that got apparently, damaged the lady's. Car in, Fact, kelly did we ever receive those? PICTURES i can't wait to get her back. ON i know she was having a little hard time emailing. Them i'm not yet, okay dying to see. Those and then we've got a full. Lines but don't forget even when we have full. Lines please tell your, friends tell everybody out. There you can always email us for help It help it troubleshooter dot. Com it's that. Easy Help it troubleshooter dot. Com or you can call THREE zho Three martino and when we're off the, air if we don't, answer it will go to a voicemail where you could leave a message and we'll reach back out to. You we've got a team of deputies ready to. Help we've got a list of people at referral list dot, com Like Todd terry in studio with. Me he Owns Apple, air been on a referral list for twenty five. Years and then we Have Stephanie, thomas Realtor Pike's peak region up To Castle rock basically. Right and Then Frank, Duran, frank you don't go To Fort. Collins where do you?
Speaker 6: Go SO i go as far north As, Firestone, wow and as far south As Castle rock and everything in, between From kingsburg all the way To Gold.
Speaker 1: AND i know you go To, franktown and we go To.
Speaker 28: Franktown my kind of.
Speaker 2: Town.
Speaker 1: Mark that is. Funny you love it out there every time you've come. Out of course you found that house for, us but every time you've come, out you're always, Like, oh it's so tranquil out. Here it's like you leave the. City then all of a sudden you're in the woodful.
Speaker 6: Drive and every TIME i go to see, It, mark Anytime i've been down, there there's always a family At DEER i see every.
Speaker 1: Time, goodness everything right, now they're. Everywhere so right now it's the wild turkey and the deer are literally. Everywhere, todd you have a you've got a little lake. HOUSE i say. Little it could be. HUGE i don't know In. Nebraska where is that In. Nebraska it's By late.
Speaker 7: McConaughey it's on The North Platte river that feeds Into late.
Speaker 1: McConaughey so you can get to McConaughey on a. Boat, uh not on the.
Speaker 7: River, yes we can on. Kayaks my wife AND i got a two person kayak and oh, cool it's an eight mile.
Speaker 1: Float and you've had that place, Forever.
Speaker 7: Yeah quite quite a long. Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah didn't people go out there to watch the solar eclipse a while?
Speaker 29: Back.
Speaker 7: Yes in, FACT i was on the phone With tom And tom was flying over in his. HELICAPES i flew in his helicopter AND i was on the. Boat my wife AND i were on the boat during that.
Speaker 1: Eclipse you know what he, Said it's so funny when when he lands a helicopter at a place like. This, yeah at that he's basically landing in a field at a, Lake and what's remarkable is people just run up to. It, well there's blade. Spinning there's things going. On you would think nobody in their right mine would run up to, that but people just run up to. It it's like In. Allure it's, crazy, Man it's absolutely. Nuts, sorry listen three oh Three, Martino please don't forget. That help at troubleshooter dot. COM i don't care where you are in the. Country we can help if you're listening to this on our YouTube, channel our podcast that's watched across the country more than fifty thousand times a. MONTH i don't care where you, here and give that number. Out we love helping. People three zero Three martino or help at troubleshooter dot. Com Now i'm going to go back to Did robert have another? Question? Robert did you have anything? Else Hey? Robert, Hello Oh, Robert i'm SORRY i Had how CAN i help?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 1: Robert? Please what's going?
Speaker 29: On?
Speaker 23: Man, well first of, all thank you very much for taking my call Of, SURE i am dealing with a problem for more than a year. Now it's about a car, port And i'm dealing WITH i Believe Shembrock Building corporation And Building corporation that you would understand the whole story a year. Ago actually we have to go back To october twenty twenty, four that is WHEN i talked to a gentleman about building a car. Port the gentleman was fired In december twenty twenty, four.
Speaker 1: And i'm, sorry hold, on let me how DO i pronounce your first?
Speaker 2: Name?
Speaker 15: Robert?
Speaker 1: ROBERT i KNOW i had that, right dang. It WHEN i said, it you didn't. ANSWER i was, like what? Anyhow? Robert let me ask you a couple. Questions So, october how did you find this guy that no longer works? There and what company did he work? For what was it?
Speaker 23: Called so basically it's A Chambrack Building corporation Or Clearly Building, corporation Because i'm dealing with both of.
Speaker 1: Them, okay who did this guy work? For the last CALL i had On cleary pissed me. Off i'm just going to tell everybody That cleary used to be a great company in my, opinion AND i don't think they are. Anymore but that's just my. Opinion but did they work For cleary Or? Shamrock?
Speaker 23: So, Okay but the problem you see THAT i believe WHEN i went to the INTERNET i was looking FOR i wanted to be at a metal. Building, yeah and so this is the REASON i went. TO i Believe, cleary but you see Under clear it goes To. SHAMROCK i think the owner of the company WHO i am dealing with Is, shamrock but at the same time he's getting the material From, cleary AND i think the Plantforms.
Speaker 15: Cleary so this is the.
Speaker 23: Reason there's two. Companies AND i talked To clear for, example.
Speaker 1: Are they In Larimer? County are they up In Fort? Collins The Shamrock, yes, okay so there Are this is for everybody out. There it's instruction company and they probably are buying the materials From. Cleary so they're going To cleary for the materials the metal building or structure for your car. Port does that sound?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 23: Absolutely, yes, Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So that's all In. October the guy you bought it from apparently was the sales guy From. Shamrock he got. Fired did you sign a contract when you buy a metal building from these? Companies oh my, god is it?
Speaker 23: CRAZY i signed the contract In may twenty twenty twenty, four.
Speaker 1: Okay and.
Speaker 10: After THAT i, so.
Speaker 23: OKAY i signed the contract which was seventy one thousand dollars, okay AND i put down fourteen thousand.
Speaker 8: Dollars.
Speaker 23: Okay then THEN i got the blueprint it AND i asked from the, beginning from metal, posts Because colorado is very very the battery is very cruel to. Wood SO i wanted metal. Posts and my friend was the WHEN i was talking to the new, gentleman the owner Of, shamrock and he heard WHEN i, said.
Speaker 1: YEAH i get. You what did the contract? Say? Though what did what did the contract?
Speaker 23: Say, okay so you see the contracts not specifying, it AND i got the blue rings it said, Wood SO i called it once the. GENTLEMEN i said, no, no, NO i don't want. WOOD i said THAT i want metal.
Speaker 1: Posts and what did they? Say that's? Fine can they redesign?
Speaker 23: It, yes but it would be twenty thousand dollars. Extra so it's now we are at ninety one thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars but the original hold, on, man hold on the original. Contract when you say it doesn't specify, it, well what the heck does it? Specify does it say like a twenty by thirty car? Port and that's? IT i, mean what does it?
Speaker 23: Say and so WHEN i got you see for me it was obvious Because i've specified from the beginning of conversation that it was METAL i. Understand so THAT i got the blueprint and it says wood. Posts but ONCE i called the, COMPANY i, said, no, no, NO i don't want. IT i don't want a boot. Post so they said they're trying to figure out how to replace the metal. Posts and after one year they came. Back they came back In april This, april and they said it would be twenty thousand dollars. Extra AND i said that is. Unacceptable BUT i didn't Cant how.
Speaker 1: Big is the how big is the? Building the building.
Speaker 23: Would be thirty by thirty?
Speaker 1: Two, okay hold, on, man hold, ON i got a picture of. This but so this just happened In. April they come back and say twenty thousand dollars. MORE i understand it's not acceptable to, you but where is it right? Now would they be willing to give you a refund of the fourteen or fifteen thousand down payment or they will hold? On hold, On, Robert are they willing to let you out of the? Contract what are they willing to?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 23: So they, said because every AND i When i'm looking at what they're saying that they, said the sales, department time order, processing, engineering the building.
Speaker 1: The yeah they're, saying, yeah they're saying their cat. SYSTEM i understand they're saying they did fifteen thousand dollars worth of, Work so.
Speaker 23: It's seven thousand dollars what they're taking us from the fourteen thousand WHAT i put.
Speaker 1: Done, okay hold, on that's a you actually have a hell of a good question in. There i'm not sure you REALIZE i know what it, is but is it worth seven? Thousand and What i'm more curious. About And i'm going to get one of our building experts. On in, fact the guy that built my steel, Building Kelly a'll to get you his, number But i'm going to get him. On AND i need to understand why it would be twenty thousand dollars more just for. That that's not a huge buil holding thirty by thirty, two BUT i want to figure that. Out BUT i got to take this, Break So, kevin you hold. TIGHT i promise your Next Mike scott a tax. Issue we do have tax, experts and then Uh, art you know What art's been waiting the. Longest we'll get that figured out to. Everybody hold, tight.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure. Thing denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 12: Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 3: Wait time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass. Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 30: Two all, right three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh Three, martino you've been ripped off for taking advantage Of we do want to hear from.
Speaker 1: You i'm trying to get our still building expert. On in, Fact i'm trying to. Multitasks sometimes that's not the. Easiest i'm trying to send them a text THAT i need them on. Air but this guy's going to know all the answers to the QUESTIONS i. Have so we're going to return to him in a. Minute but in the, MEANTIME i got to tell you About paul The. Waterman paul has his system out, there or a whole house system that virtually does. Everything first of, all gets rid of forever, chemicals and on top of, that it does, Softening so you get a water softener something that gets rid of the forever chemicals and it also takes care of any chlorine. Issues and they've got it for less than thirty six hundred. Dollars other people will try to sell you two or three systems that could be upward of twelve thousand dollars for the same, thing but not these. Guys they are absolutely great. People and you got to just check Out. Paul go to waterpros dot. Net that's waterpros dot net and tell me you just heard that three and one. System it's really. Cool in, fact when he did our system years, ago we couldn't be. Happier all, right three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero. Three martino And, robert you stay. There i'm going to get to this expert on real. Soon and Then art has been waiting the absolute. Longest. Art what's going on with you And? Verizon sir And? ART i really appreciate you hanging with, me, man it's been a busy.
Speaker 15: DAY i understand.
Speaker 19: WHY i appreciate everything you do to help everybody around the. Country So i'm here In, Denver and in Late february of this, YEAR i bought the new iPhone On verizon's. Website and the REASON i got it from him was they said it's gonna unlock after sixty, days SO i ordered it and activated it In. March and then it's now it's been sixty days and they want you.
Speaker 1: Pay cash for. It when you say they were going to unlock it in sixty, days please explain how the purchase went. Down did you walk in and drop fifteen hundred bucks or what?
Speaker 19: Happened, no it's on the, website on their, Website SO i ordered it off their, website paid for the.
Speaker 1: Phone how much was this?
Speaker 15: Month the phone was three Hundred, well.
Speaker 1: A new iPhone is not three hundred.
Speaker 19: Dollars, well this is a SIXTEEN.
Speaker 1: E So i'm just going you went To verizon's, website, correct, right.
Speaker 19: And they said after sixty days it'll. Unlock and so now it's been sixty days and they're, saying, well we changed our policy On april, first and now you have to pay us for more. Service so the Reason i'm mentioning it Is i've never heard of a company, say, well we can change our policy at any. Time and then we can apply it retroactively to.
Speaker 1: Somebody, well, okay first of, All i'm a little confused about the entire promotion because every cell phone Promotion i've ever seen where there's a free phone, involved, TECHNICALLY i guess it's, free but you pay the three hundred bucks or whatever you, paid or you pay nothing for that. Matter then what they do is give you a credit and you pay for the phone over a period of, time whether it's one, year two, year three, years four, months whatever it. Is so what they do is they charge you fifty bucks a month for the phone until you pay it. Off but at the same time they give you fifty dollars a month. Credit but you're sure when you signed up for, this you just paid three hundred bucks and you basically get the. Phone oh, Yeah.
Speaker 19: And LIKE i, said they said it would unlock after sixty. Days and now what they're saying is they can change their policy and go retroactive on. Somebody that's Why i'm bringing.
Speaker 2: It up to.
Speaker 1: You, well that's. INSANE i, MEAN i don't even understand. That who says, that?
Speaker 19: Right they sent said that to me in an. Email that's what they've, Said and they can retroactively go back on.
Speaker 1: Somebody can you send me that? Email yes they, can, yes all, right send it to help H elpk at troubleshooter dot. COM i, Will And i'm still trying to find this promotion is a? Promotion no longer on? THERE i, assume, yes, yes no longer on.
Speaker 15: There let me BUT, i LIKE i, Said i've never heard of something like that. Before it's just.
Speaker 1: Insane, well it is. INSANE i, Mean i've never heard of that. Either and basically it says right, Here, Yes verizon has a sixty day locking period for newly purchased. Devices it's initially locked to The verizon network for sixty. Days after sixty, days the device will automatically unlock for use with other. Carriers that's. Insane and, yes that's absolutely insane that you would buy. It what day did you buy?
Speaker 15: IT i bought It february twenty, first and.
Speaker 1: They said they changed it In April.
Speaker 15: April, first, Right, well that's.
Speaker 1: Just, Crazy. Kelly do we have A Verizon? Angel we used? TO i think we still. Do let's get you have your account information and, everything, Right, yes, Yeah i'm going to email this off to our. ANGEL i Think i'm almost sure we still have one and at least get, that but send me. OVER i want to see that email Because i'll attach it to our. Angel that's. That That can you imagine if you bought something, Now i'm not. Disagreeing there is probably somewhere in that agreement that no one reads online that probably says we can change. Stuff but in this particular, case that seems absolutely crazy after you purchase. SOMETHING i.
Speaker 10: Agree, hey mar you were email you know you wouldn't buy.
Speaker 2: It so is that the?
Speaker 1: Email hold, ON i want to look at this email WHILE i have you on your. Phone this one is a different, one and hold on one.
Speaker 9: Second probably need the original purchase contract or email or whatever you had at that point, too because whatever that says could help and your your your art, Right.
Speaker 19: YES i sent you to, emails so you should have.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, well first of, all first of, all this is all from Straight. Talk so let's go ahead and explain to me why we're talking About.
Speaker 19: Verizon that that's that's A verizon, company that's one of their.
Speaker 2: COMPANIES i got.
Speaker 1: IT i did not know they purchased Straight. Talk. YEAH i thought Straight, talk honest To god was owned by Like Track phone.
Speaker 15: Yeah and they're both owned By, verizon.
Speaker 1: And they're both not not on The verizon. Network you're saying they're both owned By. Verizon, yes you're sure?
Speaker 15: Positive all?
Speaker 1: Right hold, on, MAN i got to read through this. Email hold on just a second and we'll be right.
Speaker 3: Back go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 12: Pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. TWO i have three oh three seven one three eight two five. FIVE i got my still building expert is calling in in a. Second So, robert we're gonna figure your problem. Out Plus i'm going to put a deputy on. It But i'm going to go back to Art art with this issue With. Verizon good. News you're ready for good.
Speaker 1: News i'm ready for good. News you're one hundred per, sent, right.
Speaker 2: Man they appreciate.
Speaker 1: It, yeah they OWN i didn't know they bought Straight, talk but, anyhow they definitely owned Straight. Talk and we do have an angel, there And suzanne is going to be working on. THIS i kind of she she popped. In she's usually on the show with, me but she popped in and, SAID i got this one. Handled So kelly's gonna get all your. Information we're going to email. Him AND i don't think one time that we have asked Our verizon people to get something done that they haven't got it. Done you could well be the, first BUT i, wholly wholly.
Speaker 27: Doubted all, right, well, well thank you so much for everything you do for.
Speaker 1: Everyone, yeah AND i want to call. BACK i want you calling back to the show when this is. Handled, Man, okay, OKAY i will all right hold on all? Right three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five we're gonna have one line open there in a. Second i'm waiting For eric to call in to go back To robert And. Mike you've been waiting for quite a. While, Actually, kevin you're a little. You you called in a little, Quicker, kevin what's going?
Speaker 10: On?
Speaker 2: Man, hey how you doing, Good? Kevin? Good. HEY i got a question BECAUSE i had.
Speaker 17: A guy come up to the house today and he was With Hunt, electric WHICH i assume is a subcrint subcontractor Of.
Speaker 1: EXCEL i, mean he Asked, Todd, Terry, todd have you ever heard Of Hunt? ELECTRIC i have.
Speaker 7: NOT i, haven't but it. Does it doesn't surprise. Me excel's got a whole list of subcontractors that they.
Speaker 1: Use, Yep so go, Ahead.
Speaker 17: Okay the guy wanted to put in some kind of delayed meter apparatus on my air, CONDITIONER.
Speaker 1: A delayed alatus on your air, Conditioner, todd, yep.
Speaker 7: That's that's an energy management unit Of Excel energy during peak hours can can turn off your air conditioner for for short. Moments is?
Speaker 1: It is it? Different it must be? Different and a smart, meter because they said they would never do that with the smart. Meter it.
Speaker 7: Is it's a little bit different than a smart. Meter it attaches right to the outdoor.
Speaker 1: Condenser and what's the benefit to the.
Speaker 7: Customer the only benefit to them is maybe thinking about the carbon footprint that you might be saving when they're able to shut that off ter in peak.
Speaker 1: Hour so you'd be crazy to do. It they don't give you any incentive like a free a free car or something.
Speaker 7: They do mister caller where they offering you a fifty dollars sign on bonus for doing that for rebate yeah, yeah and that dollar.
Speaker 15: Credit.
Speaker 7: Yeah and we've seen those for now probably twenty five to thirty. Years they, personally they do present some issues as far as the functionality of the air conditioning. Systems we have seen them fail and cause. Issues my recommendation, is if you have a very efficient heating or air conditioning or heat pump unit out, there you really don't need that energy management unit.
Speaker 1: IS i don't know why anybody in the world would trade being able to operate your own air conditioner for forty dollars.
Speaker 7: Bingo, yeah what did you tell, Them?
Speaker 1: Kevin what are your thoughts on?
Speaker 2: It why didn't answer the?
Speaker 1: Door, yeah, okay that's probably that was probably. Good WELL i talked to him through My vivent.
Speaker 17: System, yeah AND i told, HIM i, SAID i hadn't heard anything From Excel. Energy so, basically you, know take a, height.
Speaker 1: Let's find out the real. Reason how much do you think to contractor gets paid to install that unit From? Excel do you have any, Idea.
Speaker 7: TODD i, don't BUT I i, would JUST i.
Speaker 1: Would he's worth five Hundred i'll.
Speaker 7: Bet i'll bet you're you're, Right, Mark.
Speaker 1: YEP i wonder how they control. It how do they actually tap into.
Speaker 7: It they they tell it's a radio signal that they're That they just.
Speaker 1: Send frequency over the air that tells whatever area to shut THE ac.
Speaker 15: Off that's.
Speaker 1: Correct, god that sounds.
Speaker 7: Horrible, yeah you're, right rolling, Though i'm a Little i'm a little skeptical about a door to door person like. That i'm gonna have to check into.
Speaker 1: That, well they're, slow they're probably slow right, now and they're out hustling to get whatever the bounty is From. Excel you got anything, Else, Kevin.
Speaker 2: YEAH i got one other thing, TOO i.
Speaker 17: SAID i called. THEM i called Public service many months ago because my gas meter on the outside of my house is tilting, down so it's pulling. Down you, know it should be levels straight.
Speaker 1: Across, YEAH i can, picture And i've seen a lot of them do.
Speaker 20: That.
Speaker 17: Actually, YEAH i called them many months ago and they're, like, well we'll get somebody out.
Speaker 1: There is it, Excelled, well.
Speaker 17: We'll get somebody out. There, yeah It's Excel.
Speaker 1: Energy we got an angel over. There is it still like?
Speaker 17: That oh, yeah, Absolutely i'm really good.
Speaker 1: Too, LISTEN i Give excel a lot of crap on the, air But i'll tell you this when you get through to their public, relations we've once, again we've had just great. Information so hold, On i'm gonna Have kelly grab your address and your account number and we'll send it off on your. Behalf and, generally what will happen With, excel they're gonna contact you directly within twenty four, hours and they're basically going to tell us we're we're in touch with.
Speaker 17: Them, okay you.
Speaker 1: Hey make sure you call back and, say, hey it's, handled BECAUSE i that's the only. Way excel is one of the. Companies they always handle, it but they don't really tell. Us but every time it's been, handled we've got to hear it from the. Customer Now i've Got eric, on, Man i'm pressing time, here big. Time, eric do me a. Favor he's way down. Here, Hey, ERIC i have got a question for. You this guy basically paid fifteen thousand dollars Down he got the design for the building from a COMPANY i think it was Called, Shamrock And i'm just kind of recapping for. You So, shamrock when he went in there to get the, design it's an eighty one thousand dollars steel building, project and they delivered the blueprints to him for that fifteen thousand dollars. Down but the blueprints had. Wood it had wood. INVOLVED i don't even remember where he. Said does anybody remember where he said they? WERE i think the main post were would and he wanted, steel and he said he told him he wanted. Steal the actual contract doesn't say if it's steel or, would but they're telling him if he does want, steal it's going to be twenty thousand dollars more for this thirty by thirty two. Building and on top of, that if he wants his money back over, it they're going to charge him seven thousand dollars for the, blueprints WHICH i guaranteed only took a few. Minutes so did you do you kind of understand where we're?
Speaker 11: At?
Speaker 27: YEAH i THINK i got. You hopefully you can hear.
Speaker 1: Me, YEAH i can hear, you but let. ME i gotta put you on old BECAUSE i have to take this break right after. This i'll get you right back. On by the, way the Guy i'm talking to Is eric With Great Western Building. Systems he actually erected built our uh fifty BY i think ours is fifty by one. HUNDRED i don't remember what it, is but he did a great, job like over five years. Ago this guy knows everything when it comes to steel. Buildings hold on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 3: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance checkup, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All, right three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five we have got a, ton AND i mean a ton going on. TODAY i want to pull right back up To eric and Then i'm going to lock him in And i'm going to bring up our. Caller robert called. In he had an issue With Hey. Robert he was called shamrock right out Of Fort. Collins, yeah so here's two questions for you real. Quick we're gonna Put i'm going to get him some help from one of our. DEPUTIES i Think i'm going to Put Deputy dmitri on it to try to arrange the. Deal but here's the two. Questions, man what do you Think eric With Great Western Building systems right off the back keeping seven thousand dollars just for the, blueprints and the blueprints don't even have what they.
Speaker 27: Discussed, WELL i, MEAN i suppose it comes down to what the contract. Says but seven, thousand FOR i understand it's a thirty by forty?
Speaker 2: Six what is?
Speaker 1: It thirty by thirty?
Speaker 23: Two actually it's thirty by fourteen.
Speaker 2: SIX i checked.
Speaker 23: It it's forty, six got it?
Speaker 27: Okay and is it is it a? Garage is that garageers or is it just a car?
Speaker 23: Point it's a car port and the concrete is not. In it's only the posts and the and the, roof.
Speaker 27: The post and the. Roof it's eighty one thousand. Bucks you gave them fifteen. Grand they want to keep half of.
Speaker 23: It and it's Seventh hold, on hold, On, Robert, Yeah.
Speaker 27: I'm just wondering the plans that they gave. You are they stamp by an engineer and it has shop lit you, know shop drawings and.
Speaker 23: EVERYTHING i THINK i think you see that fun Is BUT i the blueprint is coming From Clear Bilding.
Speaker 18: Corporation.
Speaker 1: Yeah they it looks like they went To cleary for the. Plans, well Sham rocks is A cleary. Dealer oh, okay got. It so what's your what do you what are you thinking? Here what's what's your gut?
Speaker 27: Saying, Well, mike my gut says if they if they let the customer assumed that he was buying a steel. Building you know some people Call Pole barnes metal, buildings they're. Not if they let the customer think that and then you, know induce them in the, sale they should give him as whole.
Speaker 1: Depositive and the contract itself says What, Robert, WELL i.
Speaker 23: Would like to email to you the contract Because i'm looking at the contract and it's not specifying anything about the.
Speaker 1: Post how long is the?
Speaker 23: Contract so the CONTRACT i got the, CONTRA i signed the.
Speaker 2: Contract, no, no?
Speaker 1: No how many page is this a? Contract?
Speaker 14: One?
Speaker 23: Two?
Speaker 15: Three?
Speaker 1: Eric would you mind eyeball in that and see if you see anything in there that Specifies steeler would for the? Post would you do me that? Solid?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 27: Yeah, absolutely if you want to email it over to Me, mark you have my, email, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah in, fact, yeah, Yeah WELL i think, So, man you're going to give it To kelly WHEN i put you on. Hold we're going to do. That but here's the second. QUESTION i really wanted to, Know, man how much just for the original, blueprints even if it's stamped by an? ENGINEER i, mean is that seven thousand dollars worth of? WORK i mean that doesn't include the engineering for the dirt work or the compression, Test that doesn't include any mechanical electrical, RIGHT.
Speaker 27: I would really doubt, It AND i mean thirty forty Six.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 12: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man Dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two ripped, Off.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 4: Running just as fast as we can shoot is gonna help?
Speaker 23: Come?
Speaker 5: Man this is The Troubleshooter show, Now Tom, martinez.
Speaker 1: Welcome, welcome my friends to the only show if it's. Gay we're here to solve, problems answer your, questions take. Complaints we're here to make your life a little bit. Better you've been ripped, off taking advantage of or just need some. Advice we are dying to talk to. You three oh three seven one THREE a two five Five Todd, Terry Stephanie, Thomas Frank duran all in studio with. Me, Uh Frank duran real toor? Extraordinaire is it still?
Speaker 12: True?
Speaker 1: Frank you sell more homes in one month than most realtors selling a. Year you, Know, mark that's just say it like it. IS i know you don't like tooting your own oor.
Speaker 28: And, friend by the grace Of, god we do a lot volume out we do.
Speaker 1: MORE i have some.
Speaker 6: Weeks this is crazy where we'll sell more in a week than some statistically selling a.
Speaker 1: Year that's. Insane that is. Insane what's some market like right? Now interstrates are down a, little, yeah, pretty you, know they dropped a.
Speaker 6: Little we're seeing more, inventory but you, know homes are still. Moving we're closing three this week where we just put three hundred contract last or. Yesterday so we're getting a, moved but it may take a little longer on some, properties especially the condo.
Speaker 1: Market what's going, On Stephanie, thomas you were talking about. Condos you're A Pike's peak. Expert, yeah that whole region up? There can you said condos are tough up? There you had one that's like two hundred. Thousand you're having a tough time selling.
Speaker 24: The townhome there is actually mid three hundreds that we've you, know we've had some days on, market but our average days on market for those multifamilies right now actives out of current actives is eighty.
Speaker 6: Two how about town, Here so average days on market right Now marc is thirty. Seven that's for all real, estate for detached properties thirty, four and for attached properties condos town on was forty six.
Speaker 4: Days god are?
Speaker 1: Condos why are they so hard to? Sell right?
Speaker 6: Now you know what the problem IS hoa, fees, taxes insurance is getting, tough so then when those hoafees go, up it makes it tougher for buyers or fewer buyers in the market right, now so.
Speaker 1: You could Buy let's say you find a condo and commerce city For is there such thing as a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars condo?
Speaker 6: Anymore, yeah we just put one under contract for about two forty two.
Speaker 1: Four, yeah this Is. Denver but after you pay, INSURANCE hoa property, TAXES i mean you could easily be twenty four thousand a. Year even if you paid cash for the, condo it could be. Tough the key is price them, right getting that sweet. Spot otherwise we see a number of them starting really high and they sit there and sit there and sit. There eventually they'll reduce the, price but they lose so much ground by that time they have no. Clout you, know our neighbor had their place for sale for a year and that means it's price too. High can we all, agree?
Speaker 28: ABSOLUTELY i, mean there's an ult reason unless there's a problem with the.
Speaker 1: House, well even if there, was you price it low, enough someone's going to buy the. House, Sure SO i, mean really, something when when is something? Stale when is it like when do you need to pull it off or? Reprice and then doesn't it look weird too if you drop the price for or five? Times So, mark great.
Speaker 28: QUESTION i would tell you it's going to depend area to.
Speaker 6: Area BUT i would say typically if you've been at their twenty one, days twenty one to thirty, DAYS i think that's the window there where you're getting the, feedback you're seeing the markets not respond to that.
Speaker 28: Price that's where you make that.
Speaker 6: ADJUSTMENT i don't recommend sitting there sixty, nine one hundred and twenty days before you make the.
Speaker 2: Adjustment.
Speaker 1: Wow and, then, man what do you do if you guys get a client that wants to sell their house or lists their, house let's just say eight hundred, thousand and you know this thing's only going to sell at six. HUNDRED i, mean do you even take on the listing or you just tell them go? Ahead. Steph, No i've actually there's a waste to.
Speaker 2: Tell.
Speaker 24: Yeah i've turned down some listings here recently where the homeowner of the seller's idea of value was just Three it was three times what we could realistically get for the. Property And i'm really big on showing people information like, hey this is what we're looking, at this is what's selling around.
Speaker 1: You you, know providing people that.
Speaker 24: Information and unfortunately some people still are, like, okay WELL i still want to start. Here and at that POINT i just tell people it's Not i'm not going to make you happy and do that service for. You, unfortunately if we are that, high we're not going to, move you, know SO i give people good.
Speaker 1: Info we were talking you went on a trip With suzanne AND i, recently, yep and we were. Talking you, said, YEAH i lost this one listing to a what do you call? It a fixed, rate a flat, fee broke, flats flat? Fee AND i was, like, yeah how do you compete with? Those and what was interesting is it made me think back To frank when you sold our house In Castle. Rock you add that can come in with, that a. Matterhorn is that what it's called? Matterhorn well that that's a.
Speaker 28: Little more old, school but, yeah same kind of concept.
Speaker 1: Now but just like that was like fifteen minutes. Ago so the entire house you could walk, through and Then frank sent it out through social media and all this, stuff and then of COURSE mls Then zilo and what are some of the other ones realtor dot. Com but you guys pay for these, photographers the staging of the, house the cleaning of the, house and THEN i think really just the. Marketing some, people these flat, raiders they basically just go out and listen ON. MLS i, mean that's why they can do it. Cheaper but the problem is they don't build the. Value they don't show. IT i would argue any day if someone was, like, Oh i'm going to save seven thousand dollars doing it this, way you two would literally make them so much more on the house they end up losing. Money does that make?
Speaker 6: Sense, Yeah, mark we just closed one the other day in a great man by the, WAY i don't know if he's listening. Today his neighbor was on the market for forty one, days hadn't. Moved he priced it at five twenty. Five we leveraged at five nine, nine five. Ten we ended up selling ours for five forty.
Speaker 1: One so you sold it for more than the guy that's been sitting.
Speaker 28: There and then the appraisal came back. Short we outsold the.
Speaker 6: Market we challenged the, appraisal won the challenge and got the appraisal in So i'm not so. Sure it just literally just putting a home ON mls makes. All but you have to be able to negotiate the deal, too.
Speaker 1: Well negotiating the, deal but advertising. It you had one hundred thousand people virtually walk through our house over a three day, period and you had twenty or thirty valid Offers monday after The friday you listed it.
Speaker 6: Right, YEAH i think timing and really WHAT i always say is the law of scarcity and the lave time. Pressure if you know how to work those, together you'll come out with the most money in your.
Speaker 1: Deal with, Pictures, stephanie on, PROPERTIES i, mean do you you don't do them?
Speaker 24: Yourself oh gosh, NO i have a really good high end photographer come in and shoot every one of my.
Speaker 1: Listings you, Know i've got to yell at both, residential not just you. TWO i HAVE i have looked at homes outside of this state that look like we have this the Taj. Mahal they look like the most beautiful properties you've ever. Seen the kitchen looks brand, new the bathroom looks like it's the size of this, studio the pool table or the billiard's room, downstairs but when you get, there it's like just the worst looking thing you've ever. Seen when does it become misrepresentation with? PICTURES i, mean, listen it's probably like dating. Sites there's probably people that weigh four hundred and fifty pounds that are in their nine that appear to be very trim and fit in. Thirty so at what point is so false? Advertising, like, really where does it cross the? Line BECAUSE i looked at one WHEN i got there it was so run, down there was holes in the.
Speaker 18: Wall.
Speaker 24: Yeah So i've had this conversation on listings That i've had that have been in rougher. Shape and the cool thing about the photographer THAT i use is they're really good about showing the home in its best true, light not giving that false miss, representation BECAUSE i think one of the worst things you can actually do.
Speaker 1: So piss off the.
Speaker 24: Personally, look can you get that shock value from the buyer when they walk in the house and immediately they're, like this isn't WHAT i thought it. Is and at that point you turn, around you, leave you're. Upset you may not go look at the rest of the house that looks, great you, know and checks those. Boxes you're so so, yeah that you. Got you, know you got okie.
Speaker 1: Doked you're so upset about, that your brain's not going, well, really that would only cost this Much. Exactly you don't even want to negotiate because you feel like you were. Misled that's what happened at one of the last properties that we looked at and slide ol they're, like, WELL i mean that's Only i'm, like oh my. God AND i pulled up the pictures right there AND i, said show me where that room is in this. HOUSE i don't even think it. Exists and they, said, well it's that bedroom over. There, oh but they took. It they took it before this. Happened, yeah they took it, before like the place got the.
Speaker 7: Flood isn't the house?
Speaker 6: Correctly what are your thoughts on? It Frank Well, Mark What i'll do Is i'll set a realistic. Expectation i'll, say great home with a personal touch and. Cosmetics you can make it into a great. Home BUT i sell that up front what they're dealing, with so they don't have any shock factor why they get, there because there's nothing worse than a buyer getting there and, saying, oh this is worse THAN i.
Speaker 1: Thought they should.
Speaker 28: Do you want them to be excited when they get.
Speaker 1: It i've been happily married for thirty one, plus so this never affected me because there weren't all these dating. Sites But i've talked to people on these sites Like Deputy doc and some other, people and the misrepresentation is. Crazy but then WHEN i lived through it in the form of a, house it's it's pretty upsetting and we flew out there to look at. It, yeah it's not like it was right down the street In aurora or. Something, Hey, mike what is going on with these? Taxes? Hey any real estate? Questions and then any questions For Todd Terry Apple. Air we're gonna be talking about. That he's got a deal coming up on a water heater that we haven't had on this show for a long. Time But, mike what's going? On what is your issue with? Taxes?
Speaker 18: Oh thanks a lot for taking this. Call my son has A irs hold on a twenty three and twenty four, returns, okay and it's all because of a return from twenty twenty three that was you, know he received THE w twos on it for work, done but it was never reported to THE.
Speaker 15: Rs so hold.
Speaker 1: On THOUGH i, mean, really there's a couple of things. Here does he owe the tax and he didn't pay the? Tax, now my son.
Speaker 29: Owed probably nine thousand bucks for twenty. Three they got a hold on the twenty four, Too.
Speaker 1: So i'm, Sorry, mike listen hold. On so in twenty twenty, two he was strictly A w two. Employee he worked for a, company and they took taxes out of his, check, right.
Speaker 18: Yeah twenty, two twenty, three twenty. Four that's the way he's always.
Speaker 1: Been and were the taxes? Correct in other, words come the end of the, YEAR i don't care how much they. Withheld did he owe? Money why did? They why did they withhold money two? Years they must have thought he owed money one? Year, Right, well.
Speaker 18: It's because the company is working for us where that didn't report it to THE rs any of the WORK m plus three of the employees they didn't.
Speaker 1: Report wait a, minute they didn't report him as an employee of that.
Speaker 18: Company, yeah but they took all the money out IN w.
Speaker 1: Twos wait a, Second, wait, wait wait a. Second how do you know how do you know they paid anything to the? Irs in other, words how do you know the company didn't simply deduct their share and his share from his paycheck and just keep the. Money or is that what.
Speaker 18: HAPPENED i think that's what. Happened we're not.
Speaker 29: Sure there's been several letters every time you deal with THE rs any kind of response from, them.
Speaker 18: Not heads is one hundred eighty, days one hundred and sixty?
Speaker 1: Days does he still work for this? Employer does? Not he does? Not has he contacted them asking them the? Question and is the company even in? Business?
Speaker 29: Yes and one of the employees that infected still works there only because his wife got killed in all kinds of, business so you don't have opportunity to switch all?
Speaker 1: Right hold, on, man this is this sounds Like donhiley all over. AGAIN i want to hear the name of this, company AND i want to put somebody on. This there is good, news, Though. Mike i'm going to tell you good. News dealing with THE I. R raser is no doubt biggest pain in the. Ass, Ever i'm going to tell you how to get through to an advocate to start helping. Them but there is good news on the other side of the. Tunnel hold, on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 3: Pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frame durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one three eight two five y. Five it has been a crazy day. HERE i do want to tell you, though about Fix it twenty four to seven thirty nine. Bucks they'll come. Out they'll clean that air, conditioner that condenser that's been getting dirty all freaking. Winter they're gonna come out. Clean it's spent about an, hour hour and a half cleaning, it getting it ready for the nice hot weather where you're gonna want to. Cool you got to be a new, customer, though new customers only check them out if fixmome dot. Com that's fixedmihome dot com And Compass, insurance by the, way that is who you're looking, For. Lindsey they will actually shop your, homeowners your. AUTOMOTIVE i don't know if you own a, business but your business insurance with like twenty or thirty different. Companies but more, Importantly Compass insurance is going to make, sure absolutely make sure that you have proper. Coverage there's a lot of people out there right now that haven't checked the value or the rebuild price of their. House you might only have coverage for five hundred thousand in your house is worth eight hundred. Thousand they can run all the numbers and help you out, there and they do all that for. Free but check them out at Quote compass dot, Com Quote compass dot. Com Now i'm going to go back To. Mike his son worked for a company and what appears to have happened is his company did not forward his portion of his taxes out of his, check nor possibly they didn't pay their. Own so trust fund is the employees share and then the company's. Portion and we had a guy Named Don eiley that did. This he was an. Accountant he did it to about thirty small businesses and he put, MILLIONS i think ten or twelve million dollars in his. Pocket the good news, IS i think He's the bad news is those companies got hit. Hard but the other good news for your son, is, ultimately if we're, right AND i think you are thinking the same THING i, am that they did. This if that is, correct ultimately your son is not going to be held responsible for that and should get a refund for whatever he. Is, oh that's just kind of how THE irs does. IT i know it's, weird but that's how they do. It what your son needs is a taxpayer, advocate and you can go to Taxpayer advocate DOT irs dot. Gov did you get? That i'll Have kelly give it to you. Again and he's got a request an.
Speaker 29: Advocate he's got all that stuff and one other, Problem LIKE i.
Speaker 1: Say wait a, second what do you mean he's got an? Advocate if he's got an advocates an advocate of.
Speaker 18: Stuff, Yes AND i, listen there's one other.
Speaker 29: Problem that's why no one can make them move on, This, dirk is because the company owner lives In. Nebraska his company is based out Of, wyoming and he does all the work In. Colorado And i'll tell you it's a three ring circus trying to get anything pinpointed and.
Speaker 18: Targeted my.
Speaker 29: Stuff is mainly over the twenty THREE w two's coming out with no report to all the, employees and it's holding up the twenty fours also because of you, know Paper James.
Speaker 1: MIKE i don't care where he's doing. Business none of that matters to. Me And i'll tell you why you told. Me the problem is with The Internal Revenue service holding on to his. Refunds let's circle. Back is that correct? List he needs a taxpayer, advocate not a contact that he called it the regular one eight HUNDRED irs. Number he needs to apply or he can go if he's In. Colorado is he In? Colorado? Yep he can literally go. DOWN i think it's On. BROADWAY i don't have the address right. Here, well then he should have an advocate that's on. This it does take a, while it can take up to a, year but they're not coming after him for money right, now Right they just locked up the money that he. Had, yes, yes and he will get. THAT i know they're slow as, HELL i get. It but if he already has a taxpayer, advocate his only other thing he can do is hire somebody Like larsen tax relief or hire someone to get on.
Speaker 18: It but what's That they won't work in three straight you can't hire a, lawyer a tax, attorney lawyer that'll work in all three straights and knock these guys.
Speaker 1: Around, Now i'm not talking about a tax attorney. Lawyer i'm talking somebody Like Larson. Tax you know WHAT i want to. Do let's get On Steve sizzick hold, on hold, on, Man i'm going to get. On i'm going to get on somebody that's actually a tax Atturn. Ernie, okay and let's see what he asks to. Say that's gonna be the best way to handle. It why this has anything to do with where the company's. BASED I i don't understand. It we're not talking. UNEMPLOYMENT i, mean maybe you're, Right, mike but for for the For god's, SAKE i have no idea why you'd be right in. This let me Get steve sizzek. On hold, on.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't pay a.
Speaker 3: Cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh, three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home With Remax.
Speaker 12: Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one three eighty five to. Five, Hey, mike, Listen i've been texting back and forth with the. Attorney he's going to be coming on, tomorrow so we're gonna get him blocked out for early morning, tomorrow ten am to ten. Thirty but he works for a company That i'm sure they can help your. Kid but we'll ask him all the questions what he would. Do but the one THING i want you to make sure between now and When kelly calls you back in the morning is that he went through the. ADVOCATE i want the case number THAT i can give To steve. Tomorrow that's the attorney's name to see where the case is at with the. Advocate so get me the case.
Speaker 14: Number, okay that tax.
Speaker 18: Advocate what's the the three and it's calm or? Fad what is?
Speaker 1: It it's just get the. WHAT i don't understand what you're asking.
Speaker 18: A tax advocate? Number you know you said to go make sure you go in there and what is the tax advocate?
Speaker 1: Rs it's over taxpayer advocate DOT irs dot. Go but that's where you start the. Case or you can call to, Confirm, yeah confirm that he's done. That if he's done, that he'll have A they assign you a number which this, guy this, attorney will be able to pull up and get a little information on what's going on with the. Advocate plus we'll get other. Advice so get. That i'm putting you on, Hold. KELLY i want him on first. Thing Steve sizzik is gonna block out ten am to ten thirty and we'll use him in the morning on. That but go ahead and pick up line three real, Quick. Kelly AND i want you to do that for a. Reason talk To. Mike make sure you get. It, no line, three talk To mike real. Quick, Nope, okay Then i'll do. It my, GOD i just need him on. Hold three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five Hey, carl what's going on with? You you?
Speaker 31: Man, Well i've been working on this mathematical problem for. YEARS i finally solved. It and it's called For mah's last. Term if you are m at he's A frenchman for three hundred and fifty years was out there AND i finally solved.
Speaker 1: It what is it? Called i'm not familiar with. This this sounds like a prank. Call that last guy got me into a. Mood go. Ahead what is it called?
Speaker 31: For mas F E r m at apostrophe s yea From a's last? Theorem, OH i.
Speaker 1: See something, here and ACTUALLY i see all. Kinds the statement that there are no natural numbers, one, two, three or act blah blah, blah in which end is a natural number then greater than? Two, okay what's the. Answer i'll be your. Huckleberry what's the? Answer?
Speaker 31: Eight, well the reason that they can't solve, it the reason it doesn't get sold just because it requires something that's, impossible and that is that if, you for, example if you start with zero and you add some cube to.
Speaker 1: It let's, say, Hey, carl at what point did you wake up and think this show is the format for this mathematical question that you solved after three hundred and fifty. Years i'm Just i'm just. Curious maybe you should have CALLED.
Speaker 31: Mit i've tried calling colleges and, universities Including university Of denver in.
Speaker 1: Boulders and they think you're a.
Speaker 31: Nut, no they just haven't returned my.
Speaker 1: Calls they just won't return your. Call, okay so go ahead and give us the quick and simple.
Speaker 31: Answer the quick and simple, answer there is no. Answer, well it's.
Speaker 1: Slope the answer.
Speaker 31: Slope, yeah let me let me tell you WHAT i.
Speaker 12: Think that's.
Speaker 1: Funny that's exactly WHAT i came up.
Speaker 31: With, Listen, tom you have a good.
Speaker 1: Day he comes. Up do you think he was? SERIOUS i, mean honest to, guy do you think he's? Serious you know WHAT i do want to ask, You, carl are you? SERIOUS i wonder if he was? Serious we dropped, HIM i do what do you think he hung? Up, yeah well he hung up BECAUSE i hung up on. Him but what do you? Think do you think the guy actually thinks he solved? That what do you? Think, yeah everybody's, speechless, LIKE i have no. Idea he did call it earlier.
Speaker 12: TODAY i saw.
Speaker 1: That he called, earlier AND i didn't take it Because i'm, like what the hell's?
Speaker 8: That, well and then he also asked me for THE Koa news hotline.
Speaker 1: Number this guy really thinks he solved. This after you know what it?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 9: State, here you go down a little bit Of, google and the aioverview says yes fromas last throm has been solved By Andrew wilds in nineteen ninety, four.
Speaker 1: And is the answer.
Speaker 9: SLOPE i don't know what The i'm not that mathema scientist kind of guy, here but it looks like it was solved forty years.
Speaker 1: Ago so this guy was late to the. Game, yeah just a. Bit it's funny HOW i got the same answer in three. Minutes it took him three hundred and fifty. Years let's talk numbers for a. Second you're ready for a. Number everybody out there listening's gonna. Love when's the last time you got quoted on a water? Heater how much do you think a water heater costs now from a home service? Company four? Thousand how much anybody three to ten. THOUSAND i, mean there's different, RANGES i know, that but how much north of two, Thousand frank eight. Thousand eight thousand's not. Bad eight thousand's not. Bad there's a lot of people out there that get forty eight thousand on a water. Heater Todd terry Apple air said he's going to do a special for anybody that needs a water Heater, todd tell him what it.
Speaker 7: Is we got natural gas water heaters forty gallon at seven or sixteen eighty eight total install.
Speaker 1: Installed new gas, LINES i assumed the water. Lines, yeah, out new flex, lines new flex, lines the whole bit.
Speaker 7: Labor, yep fifty gallon at seventeen eighty.
Speaker 1: Eight you're not gonna get a better.
Speaker 7: Deal, Yep, yep it's.
Speaker 1: No it's a loss. Leader you want to introduce, yourself which there's no problem with that at, all especially if someone needs a water heater.
Speaker 7: Exactly we want customers, forever not just this.
Speaker 1: Time, yeah these guys have been on the referral list twenty five. Years it's, Uh Apple air with AN e at the, end appleair dot. Com or call him up three oh three seven three three twenty eight one. Three larry's got a problem with identity. Theft we're gonna hit that after. This, kelly did we get that guy's information with THE? IRS i don't think he? What, Yes. OKAY i wanted you to put him on hold so he couldn't hear me. TALK i thought he was one of these. Guys no matter WHAT i was going to tell, him they already did, it already tried that but then ords the end he's, like, oh what what number do you? Want so hopefully he really does have an advocate or his son does and gets that, number and if he, doesn't we can tell him how to do that tomorrow. Morning, larry you're up, Next.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 3: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five don't forget you need any help even when we're not, here live on the. Air three oh Three, martino three zero Three. Martino that phone number works. Anytime and, then of, course help h at troubleshooter dot. Com please spread the. Word we love helping. People we've got a list of experts At referral list dot. COM i always want to think and experts like h, well right here in Studio Frank duran With Frank, Duran holmes dot, Com Stephanie, Thomas Stephanie It's stephanie r dot. Com and then of Course Todd Terry Apple air sixteen eighty nine installed forty gallon water. Heater now do they have to call today or within the next few? DAYS i ASSUME.
Speaker 7: I think we have thirty waters of each. Size, oh we're allotting for.
Speaker 1: So you literally have them ready to. Go OH i love that sixteen eighty. Nine if you had a quote on the water heater, recently you will see that is extremely. Cheap installed new, gas flex, lines new water, lines the whole bit. Labor you get the idea And halloway, right And halloway And halloway and then if you need a fifty gallon seventeen eighty. Nine but you guys sell all kinds of. Stuff you've got an instant hot you've got you, know furnaces. AC's but you do a lot of heat, pumps a lot of heat. Pumps heat pumps are getting popular because they're so.
Speaker 7: Efficient Oh, Man Duglass mini splits, boilers.
Speaker 1: The duglass is cool because you can retro fit.
Speaker 7: Anything, oh it's so, awesome he, says she, said shed.
Speaker 1: He, said she, said by the. Seashell that's, It and once again That's Apple air with AN e at the. End dot. Com Hey, larry what's this identity theft?
Speaker 17: Man, WELL i uh.
Speaker 14: Had somebody that apparently ran up a credit card under my name THAT i, KNEW i didn't know anything. About AND i just had some paperwork that was delivered to my office on my work location office On, monday and it's from a group of attorneys with.
Speaker 2: A thing THAT i.
Speaker 14: NEED i need to appear in court on the twelfth of this month at two.
Speaker 1: Pm, well if it's a true, summons you have to show. Up you're crazy not. To they could end up with the default. Judgment you're just gonna have to show up and plead your case and tell THEM i know nothing about. THIS i, mean did you have a credit card they got stolen or do you think they simply opened one up in your?
Speaker 14: NAME i think they opened it up in my name Because i've never had a master card in my life And i've never heard of this.
Speaker 1: Company have you gone on since you gotten? Served have you gone on to any of the credit bureaus to see what's going on with your. Credit.
Speaker 14: NO i tried doing that last, night BUT i wasn't able to get online to. See but, YEAH i need to get this straight out because my wife AND i are have we were in idea where my landlord's going to sell our house and we're, renting so we're going to try to buy a. House SO i need to get you, know stuff straight.
Speaker 1: Down, well you got to show up and see what they have on, you. MAN i, mean the first things are going to be pretty, basic like what's the credit card used with the? Chip that's almost impossible to be. Fraudulent i'm not going to say one hundred, percent but almost never does that. Happen and then if that's the, case where was it? Used if all the chargers are In texas and you're In colorado and or In california or overseas In, JAMAICA i, mean this should be pretty you, know cut and. Dry BUT i, mean my, goodness if the charges are right around your house and you signed the charge, slips maybe ad a little memory. Lapse And i'm not saying that's what's going. On i'm just pointing out when you go meet them in front of that. Judge you just got to plead your. Case. Man you should really log on though and see what the heck's going on with your credit right?
Speaker 14: Now, OKAY i can do. That, yeah it's for An Indigo, MasterCard WHICH i and they have a receipts here of things and payments and.
Speaker 1: Stuff how long like what's the oldest?
Speaker 14: Charge it's all from twenty, nineteen like Around july twenty. Nineteen But i've, never LIKE i, said was there any?
Speaker 1: Payments What i'd be, curious was there ever a payment made on?
Speaker 18: It?
Speaker 1: Like how long was the stretch of? Time was it over two? Months eight?
Speaker 14: MONTHS i can look further into, these but it looks, like let's See.
Speaker 1: July and here's my, point And i'm trying to just kind of get you ready for. Court but if there was never a payment ever made on, it that would make. Sense if someone was making minimum payments or even all the payments for three or four, months then all of a sudden to not, PAY i mean that could look pretty bad for.
Speaker 14: You, yeah it looks like It's june And.
Speaker 1: July i'm going to ask you, something, man AND i really want you to think of Something, OKAY i really want you to think of as a. POSSIBILITY i don't know what happened. Here, generally if you had your id stold in twenty, nineteen you would have more than one creditor coming after you at this. Point is it? Possible is it possible that your wife has a credit card that you don't know? About and you don't have to answer that, question BUT i want you to think about. Everything you need to go To, Equifax TransUnion and log. In they're going to ask you questions about did you buy this, car did you live at this. Address they're going to verify. You then you can look at your credit. History we're going to take your information. Down we're going to call you back in the morning. Too, man, listen, everybody THREE zho Three Martino troubleshooter Dot com see you. Tomorrow