Speaker 1: Tacobob across from me.
Speaker 2: It is time to tech it out, brought to you by our next job fair, fljobsnow dot Com. It's happening Wednesday, September eighteenth, from noon to four Orlando's Science Center. Look, if you your job, you're kind of like, you know, kind of get worn out of my job, but I like to get a new one. They're gonna have over seventy recruiters out there again Wednesday, September eighteenth, noon to four, Orlando Science Center. Parking is free. The website with all the details fl jobs now dot com. Go get yourself some new employment.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: If you keep an eye on stocks, you noticed lately that soccer mark has been doing pretty good, in fact hidden all time highs. A lot of that has been bullied by techs. Tech stocks.
Speaker 2: I just said, whenever I hear stocks, I'm like, oh what a I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Probably the most prominent that's really just wailing right now is Navidia, chip maker. Navidia. They reported their results for last order just after market close yesterday, and they came they came back with they beat market expectations. Now here's the curious part, and everybody's gonna be keeping an eye on how things go today. They beat expectations by a lot, yet in after hours trading their stock fell, so investors may still be a little jittery thinking do we got too many eggs in the tech basket? Does that sound familiar? Anyway? When things open today, we'll see where the stock market goes or if it just you know, kind of sorts itself out. But Navidia is uh, that is one that people have been watching and they have just been outperforming and overperforming, and it doesn't look like there's any stop in them leading the way in AI in the you know what's needed moving forward in that technology. France has charged the Telegram ceo Pavel d'uraf with a series of crimes. He is to remain in France. He was released on a five and a half million dollar bond, but he must check in at a police station twice a week. The Paris prosecutor said he's prohibited from leaving the country. The charges are being investigated, including complicity and managing an online platform that is Telegram and enabling illegal transactions, complicity and crime such as enabling the distribution of child sexual abuse material, drug trafficking and fraud and refusal to cooperate with law enforcement. A lot of people have this is the one you were talking about the other day. Yeah, I had this in the loop headlines. It's big news when you get a you know, the head of a major you know, media platform being arrested in charge with stuff like this telegram is largely hands off when it comes to any kind of moderation regarding content and such, and when you don't pay any kind of guardrails, stuff like this proliferate and that's what he's being charge with. So this this is going to be a test case of sorts to see where this all goes.
Speaker 2: It's pretty irresponsible if you really think about it, having no guardrails, right, and he's ziggugging it on there and apparently did.
Speaker 1: Very little guardrails. So that's be a case to be watched there.
Speaker 2: I think of being at a kid's bolding birthday party and you don't have the guardrails up. Is that fair? It's just a gutter party. All those kids are gonna go home upset. And then Little Johnny's party was the worst ever.
Speaker 1: Thank you for breaking that out down into easy to understand common man on the streets terms Taco Bob, got It, Uber and Cruz LLC, a self driving car startup owned by General Motors, have announced a partnership in which crews will provide Chevy Bolt self driving vehicles to the ride sharing giant Uber beginning next year. Not the first time that this Cruise outfit has offered autonomous taxis, California issued a permit to the company to operate self driving taxis in San Francisco, and by the end of October twenty twenty three, they were close to six hundred autonomous vehicles in the city. However, after a set of safety incidents, including two pedestrian accidents, California withdrew its permit and federal regulators began investigating the cars. Cruz had also previously operated in Phoenix, Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Miami, and the company voluntarily suspended operations in those cities as well. Does this sound like a great idea with Uber?
Speaker 3: You decide that thing pulls up in front of my house?
Speaker 1: Reject a teenager in India making headlines after he went on a hunger strike after his mom refused to buy him an iPhone. He's being accused of emotional blackmail. After making this move, his mom gave him to the pressure and bought him the damn phone.
Speaker 3: That's bad parenting. Sorry, Hunger Strike, don't eat.
Speaker 1: Well, mom ready, because he's gonna want the latest and greatest because Apple has announced their next big event coming up on September ninth, which has the tagline It's Glow Time and will take place at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park. During the show, the company is expected to launch the iPhone sixteen lineup.
Speaker 3: I quit.
Speaker 1: I don't know, hunger strike right now until your mom gets you at.
Speaker 2: Kids, I am throwing the towel and man, there's what I still having paid off this one when it's like seven seven ago.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: Don't know what number you have?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a It's working fine now, right, I hope. So I'm still making payments on it. I think it's a ten. It's because I don't I go on the cheap and you know, get the model that's older. There's nothing wrong with that. You don't necessarily have to play thousand, latest and greatest. A tech startup called reflect Orbital is planning to launch a constellation of mirrored satellites into orbit so they can beam sunlight anywhere on Earth and sell people sunlight after dark. One of the co founders is a former SpaceX employee. They're trying to put a constellation of satellites into orbit and can reflect sunlight and directed back anywhere on Earth. Russia actually did a proof of concept decades ago and it worked.
Speaker 3: So it's meant to be dark at night.
Speaker 1: It's mainly designed to help big solar farms keep generating power at night.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that I couldn't understand.
Speaker 1: But anyone can go on their website and fill out a sunshine application. You gotta fill one out by October twenty third if you want to get in on the ground floor.
Speaker 2: It's gonna affect the sea turtles. You know how when you stay at a condo, you're started to close the blinds at night always the sea turtles. Yes, turn the lights off at Taco just for you.
Speaker 1: About You're not alone, You're not alone. About half of all working Americans believe that AI will decrease the number of available jobs in their given industry.
Speaker 2: Of course, you'd have to be a full knock too. AI is satan. It's not entirely satan, the majority of satan. I think there can be a lot of good come out of AI, but there's also a lot of unknown. If you all only knew, I've been talking to a AI computer, Pat Lynch for the last month, you're satan.
Speaker 1: Don't, don't, don't be afraid of the unknown. Just be cautious. Cautious where you can just Ostrich it over here with the human Ostrich.
Speaker 3: Look at it. He's put his head into sand.
Speaker 2: Now that's the way you do it. Man, anytime he's got some stress, will just put your head under the console.
Speaker 3: Just like this.
Speaker 1: With that, he says goodbye, and that'll do it for Check it out this week stand by Lynchin Taco's Workday Rock Block is.
Speaker 3: Coming up at eight Lynchin Taco on Demand. Tell Lothy I heard from the Bogan, Muns and Mud