Speaker 1: What do we admire about each other? We're gonna do a little topic here on LOM what do we admire about each other? And Jenny, I admire you because your van life thing. That's so cool because I think that in my life, I've put off so many things like I'll do it later, or you know what, work is too important. I remember one time when Chase was eighteen, he wanted to see The Letterman Show really really bad, and he said, Dad, if I get tickets, we're gonna go. I'm like, yeah, we will. And so it was a really busy time at work. He found out on Friday that he had tickets for Monday, and he lived in Arizona. So he's like, Dad, I got tickets. And I said, Chase, I can't go. I got too much going on at work. And I didn't go, and he went, and we missed that opportunity that we'll never have again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've put off too many times for this job doing like I would love to get an RV, but I don't have time to get an RV right now because I'm busy and I don't have any time to really take an RV trip that would go more than like a couple of hours away, you know what I mean. Yeah, but Jenny's got this. You know, you built a camper van. You built it, you bought it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it was like bought yeah, pretty much kind of built out already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've put a heater in, you got a toilet in there, you like take it out, and you went on this amazing solo camper van trip to Mount Bohemia last weekend. And even though it was only like a forty eight hour trip, that's really cool. I admire that you are not putting off things in life until you have more time, right, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the camper van kind of rejuvenated me in quite a bit in the last like handful of months of us having it, because it's just like a new adventure for us. I mean we usually we've only done like two big trips in it because you know, there's only so many vacation days. Yeah, but like the weekend stuff, a lot of people are just like they call it weekend warriors. A lot of people have camper vans or truck campers or rv is just to use for like weekend trips. Yeah, And so I was like, hey, I have this free weekend. I don't have another free weekend for a little bit. I should really use it. And also we watched dogs a lot too, so that like plays a factor of like if we have a dog at the house or not. So yeah, I just went out and did it. I almost did not go though, because Bailey, maybe we'll understand this. I had quite possibly some of the worst cramps of my life into play after work on Friday, and to the point where I was curled up in a ball for like thirty minutes and I was like, all right, no, this is not happening. I feel better in like an hour. Just start driving. If it does get work or like, if you feel it again, you can turn around. But I drove and I'd made it, and yeah, so thanks. Well this is what I'll say I admire about you, Dave. You never are stagnant about like anything, if it's work, if it's like a hobby, like you're always down. You see something and you'll like want to try it a lot of times, you know, like you'll see a new hobby and you'll try it, and maybe you'll do it for a day and give up and never do it again. But I feel like you set a lot of goals for yourself, like the Pike's Peak hike last year, you set that and you're doing it this year, right, Yeah, So I think that that's like super admirable about you. And Bailey is like if Bailey sees something she wants to do, also she goes and does it, no matter if she has to go by herself or she's got friends doing it. Like and Bailey's just out doing things all the time. And I feel like I used to be that person. And I somehow, I think probably when I got in a relationship.
Speaker 2: I just because you have somebody.
Speaker 3: It's just like you have someone built in at home at all times, you know. And so I feel like I am inspired by you to go out and do a little bit more because I feel better when I do it out and do things instead of just sitting at home with Andrew all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say I admire about Bailey the fact that you go do something nearly every single day and you are you're not to be you're typically super social person because you're you know, you're not. I don't know you're you don't strike me if I didn't know that you would be like out all the time. You would strike me as a little bit more of a home I want to be at home.
Speaker 2: That sounds boring, well.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's why I admire you. Was like Bailey's like, oh, I went to an improv class and three theater shows last night. It's like fuck, that sounds exhausting, But I admire that about.
Speaker 2: You, well, Jenny. What I admire about you, Jenny is that you always know exactly what to say, and you're a great like advocate for other people, where if I have a feeling and I don't know how to put it into words, you put it into words for me. And I really admire that about you. You're really good at that too. Oh well I'll say, okay, now, this is my time right now.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then Dave, something I admire about you is that you always know what to say and you always have a story for something. And I wish I was good at that because sometimes I'm like, Bailly, you're funny sometimes, but it'll be like on a whim as a reaction to something, and then you can just come up with stuff like out of absolutely nowhere, which is a really cool skill that I wish I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and I think it comes with life experiences, because when you get a little bit older, you have a story about everything.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: If you were to bring up, you know, osmosis, I'd be like, I remember a time with osmosis, and I would tell you a great story about osmosis. So interesting. I wish Font was in here, But let's do Vaught. What do I admire about Font? I admire Vont that he is younger than us, but he doesn't treat us with that awkward respect. I mean he's respectful, yeah, but a lot of the time when you're around older. He's ten years younger than you and a lot younger than me, But Vaunt's kind of like our buddy. Yeah, you know, he doesn't treat us with And I love this about Tina too, Tina was and I love this about you guys too. I'm older enough than you guys that you might feel that uncomfortable respect that never really gets you, like, you know, to make orgasm jokes or or fart jokes or I shit my pant jokes type of thing. Well, I love it. Yeah, it's funny. It's a good bit. So I love that Vont is he is comfortable around us and he is what I can see himself.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. He already he knows we're talking about him because I made eye contact with him over there. But what I admire about is that he knows how to do so many things like with like social media, but editing and video, all of this stuff that he knows how to do, and it takes him no time at all. And sometimes I've watched him like edit a video together, and I think, like, wow, if I did that, that would take me an hour, and it takes him like ten minutes. It's so cool that he's like so technologically advanced.
Speaker 1: No, it is cool.
Speaker 3: And I would say that I admire his networking capabilities. He does everything that he should be doing at his age that like you were fearful to do because you didn't want to like inconvenience people. Like in college you were talk you were always taught like go network, get out and meet people, and that's like literally eighty percent of getting a job. Nowadays, vont gets in people's faces. He calls people all throughout our radio industry and has like two hour conversations with them. Like he's so infiltrated in doing things like for his career that I was scared to do when I was his age because I just didn't have like the confidence. Yeah, I like, I think maybe I've told you this before, Dave, But I would have random ideas when I was an intern on the show, but I was too intimidated by you guys to pitch them because I don't know, I probably was fearful of them getting rejected, slash fearful that I was like inconveniencing you guys by being an intern, being like hey, whatever. And I look back at that and I'm like, God, I would have stood out more if I had pitched ideas, even if they were shit ideas, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, And I think that's the that's a really understandable thing, because nobody likes their ideas to be rejected. And one thing that I've dealt with my whole career is somebody come up with an idea that I say no to because I don't want people to go, well, fine, I'm not going to come up with any more ideas. But I come up with a bunch of my own ideas, and I'll run them by Bailey and Jenny and Vant and they'll kind of and I can tell right away if I say like, hey, guys, tomorrow, we're gonna do a bit called poop and win, where we all race to the bathroom and poop and who whoever goes fastest wins, And if I don't get an immediate reaction, I go I can tell by your lack of reaction that you don't. I do that all the time because you guys don't know how to say, well, that's stupid.
Speaker 3: That's not true, and why I used to be like I used to be like, okay, I could maybe see it.
Speaker 1: Now, no, Dave, no, Jenny says, are you serious? Are you I don't know if you're serious or not.
Speaker 3: I usually have to check you and be like, are we are we playing? Are we doing a bit right now?
Speaker 2: Or are we being serious?
Speaker 3: There was one point yesterday that vont thought you were being serious and I had to look over the computer to see your face because I knew if I saw your face, I would know the answer if you were being serious and you weren't being serious, but bot thought you were, and I was like, I was.
Speaker 1: Making I was making Jenny explain something over and over and over, like I didn't quite get it, but I totally got it. I was just fucking with Jenny. So I'm like, wait, are we doing that tomorrow? And Jenny's like, yeah, We're doing it tomorrow. I'm like the bit we just talked about, right, And Jenny looked at me like, are you fucking with? And I was laughing because I totally was, But I would say, yeah. It is like, maybe you're in a situation where you have people coming to you with ideas and you've got to you know, you can't put a shitty idea into action, but at the same time, you got to be gentle with the feelings of the people that present the ideas. So interesting that was kind of a different little angle. So I will add one more thing to the networking. That's how Carson got his jobs. Every job that Carson has, because that kid is shy and quiet as he is, he knows that if in his business he's in the tour business, concert tour, and if he had not reached out to powerful people and networked, he would not have the job that he has now because he reached out and said, hey, can I get fifteen minutes of time for coffee? And I think most people, if they are anywhere in the business, they also can look back at a time where somebody helped them and they go, yeah, I'll give you fifteen minutes. And then Carson makes an impression and because he really is a very sincere, hard worker, but he wouldn't be, you know, tour manager for all these acts if he hadn't been networking. All right, Here we go with an email to Ryan's show at KADIWBT dot com. Here we go, Hello, feel free to use my name Thurston. I heard you only had one message, so here we go. I got the comment about independent jobs working alone. I do one right now. You stay out of conflicts in drama. But I have sat and had dinner alone each night for the past few years. You also don't meet anyone to be a lead lead in for a different department or job. So an independent job where they Thurston works alone. So apparently they're not in a relationship and they sit and have dinner alone each night. Maybe because they're not meeting anybody, or maybe they're on the road and they're traveling, but they work alone. I don't know, not sure. As for the sculpture conversation from a month or so ago, we were talking about modern art and you know, whether it's really impressive or not. I had a sculpture class and a girl pinned newspapers on the cork wall. We might have read this one before. Soun's a little bit familiar, but that's fine.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: No effort to build or make anything. The project idea was impermanence. People actually went ape shit for her project. A few tidbits on sculpture one. I don't know who wrote the rules, but to be classified as sculpture, it has to be conceptual art. Two. Almost all projects are named untitled. Three. Sculpture can either be parts added together like the newspaper pin to the wall, or subtracted like here's a ball of clay, making sculpt a pumpkin out of it. Literally, your guess is as good as mine for the cherry and the spoon. As for skipping school, school was not easy for me, so I went to every class every day, no matter what, all the way along through school. On the last line of a letter of recommendation he had perfect attendance. Keep up the good work everyone from Thurston Nice.
Speaker 2: I do love a perfect attendance award. In general, I never missed school unless I was deathly hill deathly Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mine was average you know it didn't. I fake sick a lot in junior high.
Speaker 2: That's wild to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I fake sick. Probably one day out of the month. I'd fake sick or be sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, I only did a couple fake six But I was like genuinely sick a couple of times because I used to get strep throat all the time.
Speaker 2: It was fucking miserable. But usually yeah, once a.
Speaker 3: Winter, I would get strep throat and then I used to get, like I just said earlier, some pretty bad cramps back in high school where I couldn't move and I'd have.
Speaker 2: To like stay home dan.
Speaker 3: So that would happen every once in a while, and let me tell you that was awkward as shit when it'd be a time when I was staying at my dad's and I'd be like, Dad, I've got period crams.
Speaker 2: Can you call me in? Oh, do you needed to get you some sanitary napkins? That's what my dad would call.
Speaker 1: Past Are you serious? Sanitary napkins?
Speaker 2: Yep, sanitary napkins and feminine products That's what my dad would sa say.
Speaker 1: Cotext And I hate that word cotext. It is one of I grew up with a mom and four shameless sisters. I heard the word cotext probably every single.
Speaker 3: Day, because that's like saying Kleenex. Like I feel like tampon is worse than cotext.
Speaker 1: Sampon's bad too for me because it just takes me back to the indelicacy of being eight or ten years old and hearing my sister ask my other sister for a Cotex or a tamp Yah.
Speaker 2: Right, it must be. It must be regional, because I've never heard anyone say, can I have a cotext? All right?
Speaker 1: Picking up for one more email on the Minnesota Goodbye, hold On, here we go, I heard Bailey talking about her experience with her car refresh our memory.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that I had to bring my car in to get my alignment fixed. And then while I was there, they were like, by the way, your filters are dirty too, and that's going to be one hundred and forty extra dollars and I said, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, they said, I want to let her know that you can replace your own air filters. It's super easy. You can buy them and install them with ease. I do it on my own car. A boy, my filters online at rockauto dot com. All you need to do is select your vehicle and then use their menu to find your filters. They're really good at listing the filters to fit your vehicle. I'm sure you can find filters that fit in auto part stores local to you as well, depending on your driving frequency and environment. They need to be changed about every three to six months. Three to six months.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. For my car. My cabin air filter filtering the air flowing into the cabin can range from four to twenty three dollars, and the air filter filtering the air that goes through the engine is four to eighteen dollars. Hope this helps. That is from Chris in Miami.
Speaker 2: I am looking it up right now on rockauto dot com and I don't know what any of this means, so good luck to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you look up your automobile, which is what a Hyundai Elantra something.
Speaker 2: The Honda Civic, ont A Civic, Okay, And yeah, it looks like some of what I'm looking at is like four dollars seven dollars, But I don't know what it is that I'm looking at. And that's I think what my problem is.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of those things where you go, it's a little bit too hard, so you put it in the two hard pile and have somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I'll get someone to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. We are short emails, so if you got anything that you want to bring up, respond to, talk about, complain about, comment on, we would love to hear from you. Even if you have some one of those random shower thoughts. This is a thought that you have in the shower, then send it to us and we'll make something out of it. And if you want a staff writer sticker and you've never had your letter on the Minnesota Goodbye, then put your rich dress in your name in there and we will send you a staff writer sticker. Shout out to Secretary Bri and thanks to you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye.