Speaker 1: Saulsbury.
Speaker 2: Old, Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Sewn Salisbury, The USC Truths, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 4: Bryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sewan Salisbury Show.
Speaker 5: Went off a win against the Cowboys. Going through their week They play this weekend the Colts.
Speaker 2: Jags.
Speaker 6: W Are we talking about the Plowboys? The Texas of the Plowboys?
Speaker 5: The Texans Jets fire their GM College Football Playoff. The third edition of the New Rankings come out Week thirteen, twelve team college Football Bracket projection. Shan Tripoli, what's up? Good Morning's up? It's just a simple one up.
Speaker 2: That's just up.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 5: The the dumpster fire that is the New York Jets continues to roll on. Yeah, see you later, Joe Douglas. They play the Titans this weekend, by the way, the Texans do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a I mean, you're gonna have to have a big performance against the Titans.
Speaker 2: See what they did there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Bill Levin is gonna be quarterback in the Titans.
Speaker 2: What if he toes for four bills? There's no chance. I don't think so either.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: Texans defense, quite frankly, is the strength of their team right now. Yeah, what has been most of the year, be honest with you. This year it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: They you know, they get off the field and get their team possessions, which is a good thing. So it down the stretch they come, you know what I'm saying, Down the stretch they come, We'll see I like it is that like yeah, the horse racing. Yeah, And I mean it's just it's down the stretch and you know about stretch stretch, Yeah, it really is. I mean, what are we down to six? Down to six?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 2: You win the division at nine or ten? What do you think? Nine? Nine? Nine?
Speaker 6: Win the division at nine? Yeah, two games up with six to go.
Speaker 5: They've got the Titans, then they have the Jags. Then there's two wins Dolphins games. We're moon over Miami. That knots here here, all right, that's chance to win three. But also I don't see how they lose to the Jaguars or Tennessee Titans. I can see Miami, you know, making some big plays if you don't tackle, because they're going to space out and make you tackle everything.
Speaker 6: But that's the possibility. And then who they who's the last three against?
Speaker 5: Well, then it gets a little tricky because you go from excuse me, you play the Jaguars on December first, then you have a bye and then you go the Dolphins on the fifteenth. Six days later you turn around at Kansas City, and then four days later you play the Ravens on Christmas Day. Remember that's that's that stretch.
Speaker 2: And then what's after the Ravens.
Speaker 5: The last game against the Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they haven't played the Titans yet.
Speaker 5: No, they haven't.
Speaker 2: It's they get him twice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so four and two gets them to eleven, three and three gets them to ten.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, I don't see five and one with that schedule. I don't either.
Speaker 6: Considering so four and two, three and three get to ten or eleven win the division, that stretch of good teams you're going to play comes, and they did. They rewarded the Texans with a late bye week, which I'd rather have late than early. Yeah, far far more.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: The one thing, if you're on a roll, you kind of say, well, let's not stop this role.
Speaker 2: We want to keep playing.
Speaker 6: But of all things being equal, other than the date, I would much rather have a bye week late in the season than I would early, and coming in December is pretty cool for you. But then you've got to deal with he said, the Chiefs and Ravens back to back yep. And which ones at home?
Speaker 5: The Ravens on Christmas Day, that's right, that's when Yonce is coming to town.
Speaker 2: Who gives a rats ass? I agree? I don't. I don't care less out of the Bay Hive. Yeah, I don't. That's you know, they the bay Hive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't care about don't care about that. I just care about the win. But uh, that's a tough sledding game. You got to go to Kansas City, which is frigging brutal yep.
Speaker 2: And you've got to deal.
Speaker 6: With the Baltimore Ravens who usually start to kick in and I mean they've already kicked them but December. I mean, it's a good late season team other than doing their thing in January. And it's a good revenge game, if you want to call it that, for them to the Texans to play really good football after the playoffs last year. So but you're you're gonna be that's back to back offense. Is that you're going to have to deal with. It are pretty pretty tough to handle on a regular basis.
Speaker 5: That Miami game is on Sunday. Then they turn around and play in Kansas City on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Love Saturday games in December, and.
Speaker 5: Then they turn around and play back home on Wednesday, which is Christmas Day. So you go Sunday, Saturday, Wednesday, three games in a span of ten days.
Speaker 6: Against three good teams. I mean Miami, right, put it this way, Miami's potential. The other two are playoff teams. Miami's going to fight and scratch, but they do have as much team speed as the Texans will face all year on the offensive side of the ball. So tough stretch. That's the reward and the blessing. And the problem is you get the reward of a late you know, a late bye week, but you also then get to play that schedule in December.
Speaker 2: You have to do.
Speaker 6: They'll be battle tested, I assure you by the time the playoffs start. Let's just hope they're not overly beat up, right with those last few games, so be a great challenge for them to test exactly where they really are late.
Speaker 2: In the season.
Speaker 5: So looking at Kansas City schedule, they've got such a cake schedule. Panthers, Raiders, Chargers will be a good matchup that's on Sunday Night Football. Then the Browns and the Texans all against the Steelers. That'll be a good one. And at the Broncos Broacos played football.
Speaker 6: But that thing reeks of thirteen and four, fourteen and three, fourteen and three. Yeah, they're not losing three games in their last six. So let's say they lose two. That'll take them to fourteen wins and three losses, which will all but guarantee them.
Speaker 2: Home field advance throughout the playoffs.
Speaker 6: And much to again Buffalo's chagrin, because you'd love to have them back in your building in the playoffs if you could arrange that. But no shock there, Chiefs are where the Chiefs are, and hell, the biggest challenge may not be for the Texans defense dealing with the Kansas City Chiefs offense. When it gets to that point, it may very well be the Chiefs defense. How are you going to attack the Chiefs defense with your Texans offense?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: And you hope by that time now you're more equipped than you've ever been since I've been here to handle that. Even with the game they were in the playoffs, because the guy in the backfield, they can run it and having your full arsenal other than Stefan Diggs, but you've got plenty of receivers and players. Then it'll simply come down to can you deal with the disruption you're gonna get in the passing game and the Spagnol There is no better defensive coordinator in big games in Steve Spagnoll, period.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a ways.
Speaker 6: Wait, now, a game like this you cannot take for granted.
Speaker 2: Seeing I mean, I'm talking about Tennessee. Yeah this weekend, Yeah, you just.
Speaker 6: You can't shorter week for them obviously because of the Monday night game, and it'd be real simple.
Speaker 2: And this game is is it in Tennessee?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: This one this weekend? Let me don't check out the raven schedule pulled up in front of me. I believe it's in Tennessee. No, no, no, I'm sorry, it's here here. So the one in Decembers and in Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well this and then you're getting back to backers. You get this, you get this game at home, which will be I say back to back. Hell, what I mean is the Cowboys. When you play a Dallas Cowboys, that's a home game for every visiting team now, so that's not that big a deal. But you get to play here, which can I don't want to say comfortable, but sitting at eight and four heading into December is a pretty good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, there's a good one this this coming Monday, raven at the Chargers Monday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Take the under man, the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Dude, they've got They've still got the Chargers, then they've got the Eagles, then they've got the Steelers or I'm sorry, then the Giants, then the Steelers, then the Texans, then the Browns.
Speaker 6: That's four of their last six are pretty tough. I don't know how the Browns will even keep up. And there they throw it. I mean they'll throw it. But you know what's the Ravens record right now? Ravens are seven and four and they I mean, they're the best seven and four team in football, right I assure you. Whatever, however many teams are seven and four, they're the best of them, including the team here. The Ravens are the best seven and four team in the league right now. Ravens have had a couple of bad losses this year. They have taken they lost of the Raiders, they lost to the Browns and they lost of the Steelers and the Steelers neither team scored an offensive touchdown. Yeah, I would say that the Ravens seem to step their game up against better teams usually, but the Steelers are really good. Hell, when all said, none of the Steelers may be the team fighting for home field advantage, that they keep this up and that they can get the Chiefs to lose to somebody they're not supposed to. Chiefs rarely do that late in the season. You're gonna get the Chiefs like that, usually get them early. So one loss, like I said, you put two on them, this looks like a fourteen and three year for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: At worst.
Speaker 5: Steelers are eight and two. They've got the Browns this weekend, then they've got the Bengals and the Browns again, then the Eagles, Ravens, Chiefs, Bengals, So they've got a couple of tough games as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and dealing with the you know, you're gonna get a Bengals team that has nothing to lose in another game and you know burroke career, it really is, and you're gonna get them twice. So they could be they could create some difficulty for some of these teams in the division or see, you know, disrupt the playoff hunt.
Speaker 2: But man, the AFC, can.
Speaker 5: You remember a time where a quarterback has played this well on a losing team like the Bengals and Joe Burrow? I remember j Shaun Watson had a phenomenal year here in Houston? They won what four games? Yeah, Burrow's playing better, So that like, that's just the one that I think of, right, No, you're right, And I also think of that year Deshaun Watson. There were some there were some of those stats that got in garbage time if you Wilke, they're getting their ass kicked, but still big numbers, still big numbers. Right, Joe Burrow is playing out of his freaking mind.
Speaker 6: No, I can't remember a time when a guy was this dominant on a team on a record not just sub five hundred, but now is pretty much out of the playoff race. No, I can't, and he just can. And you know what, they're sure as hell not going to stop putting the ball in his hand to give him a chance, because without him throwing it, they've got no chance. So no, I can't, and it's just iron. Normally, when you're getting your ass kick, usually you look at the quarterback and say, do we need to make a change there. Well, that's the last place you need to make a change in the league. That guy's playing as good as anybody maybe not named Josh Allen right now, And hell, I could actually make the argument he's playing every bit as well. Yeah, he just doesn't use his feet as much as Alan does. So no, I haven't, and he will. I'm sure it's somewhere along the way he'll he'll. You know, though, there's fifty votes, there's fifty gay in the real MVP or there's fifty guys who vote, and this is going to be one of those years. Derek Henry will get a vote somewhere. I would imagine Burrow will get one from somebody in that region that says if whoever the fifty guys are, that says, man, this guy's season has been awesome. But first place votes, you know, Lamar will get them. Josh Allen's gonna get a lot of them. I don't think Mahomes is the MVP of this league, No, I really don't, but he'll get them. He'll get a voter or two because who he is, right, But the truth is it's a Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and everybody else right now and on a seven and four team. And Lamar's stats, you know, they're gaudy. But with the way Josh Allen with his feet and his arm to me right now, he's the leading candidate for the MVP. And it changes every week, it seems. But there'll be guys, but you'll get this is a there's no at this time we're saying, mat if Mahomes just keeps us up, of course he's winning the MVP or this one. Hell what if Derrick Henry has a December to remember and Rush's fourth straight games with one hundred and twenty yards or more, you know, and he's capable. How in the world can't you say what he's done for Baltimore would be MVP stuff. So yeah, it's it's it's going to be pretty pretty interesting to watch as they get, you know, head down the uh the last six five six games of the season.
Speaker 5: Mahomes statistically isn't even even in the top ten this year.
Speaker 6: Oh no, there's guys there, there's guys having better seasons to him that are just on okay, teams, right, golfs haven't. That's another guy we don't give enough respect to in m Jared the five interceptions on TV is going to be a problem. You know, when you when you throw five picks, that's something somebody remembers. Yet when you look at the body of work, he deserves a lot of credit for the way he's played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lamar Jackson statistically is having the best year out of a quarterback. He's a twenty five touched weall sorry, it's im and Joe Burrow. Twenty five touchdowns, three interceptions for Lamar Joe, Yeah, right, and that's what makes it a little bit better.
Speaker 6: Give him the seven and four record, flip flop, and we're talking as Burrow is the MVP, but Lamar's on the team that's winning. And you know, think about it, if that guy wins another m v P this year and they go and win a super Bowl, you can you can already his ticket to the Hall of fame's done.
Speaker 2: That's three every MP Awards in six years.
Speaker 6: I think that's this is year five or six, and that would mean a super Bowl and he's been to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You think about that Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: I mean if you if you're not putting somebody who's got a Super Bowl ring three MVPs in the Hall of Fame, I don't care a six years in the league, then we're making Terrell Davis. That five year run was epic. He's in the Hall of Fame, but it wasn't a long career. I don't see how Lamar Jackson doesn't audit. And when I say automatically, isn't when you say he won another MVP, half his career is spent. And this rookie year he didn't play until the end of the year, so really more than half of his starting career he's left with an MVP award. And if he gets a Super Bowl, that's as many as Aaron Rodgers has. I'm hudd so how in the hell wouldn't you just all he's got to do is keep showing up and and and play and other four years, even if it's average football, right, and he belongs in the Hall of Fame right because it was first six years. Three of those years were MVP yees exactly. And if he wins a super Bowl, what else you want? I solidifies it there went the Super Bowl. I still think.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt.
Speaker 6: And to all those out there who had Lamar Jackson playing slot receivers, yeah, so much for your and and there's a couple of Hall of famers that said it. There were guys that wanted him to switch to wide receiver. What what a stupid suggestion. Let's see what he does and then make that switch. Not make the switch before. We watch the guy who won a Heisman Trophy and a dynamic player, and look what he's done. And he every year their team's at the at the top of the heap. So yeah, think about that. A super Bowl and another MVP, and that dude's automatic ticket to the Hall of Fame. And he's probably got ten more years left in his game. Yeah, if he just stays healthy, it's craziness, man. And he's pretty special.
Speaker 5: Looking at these quarterback stats throughout the league. Look who's up at number three statistically, Good old Kirk Cousins doing what he always did. There's a shock putting up numbers. Good lower He's almost got a seventy percent completion percentage this year.
Speaker 6: So it's listen, there's a few guarantees in life that you're probably not gonna live till you're one hundred and thirty. Yeah, you're gonna get taxed, hopefully not as much as you used to help sooner than later. And that Kirk Cousins putting up numbers, those are all guaranteed.
Speaker 5: He's coming up on three thousand yards passing and it's not like he's throwing dump you know, dumps in the fly.
Speaker 6: He'll be like forty yards forty four hundred yards and thirty four touchdowns and it'll be like sixty eight point eight percent completion percentage and we'll like another great year for Cousins. He drafted Panics and he won't see the field four more years, right, exactly, crazy.
Speaker 5: Dude, You can put Kirk Cousins in any damn jersey. He's gonna do the same thing every year.
Speaker 2: It won't It wouldn't matter.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: In Carolina, he's throwing for forty five hundred exactly. It doesn't matter. That's no doubt, it doesn't matter. All right, Let's talk Texans. Their the defense has been the heartbeat of the team. And man, these cornerbacks that the Texans have, what do they stack up amongst the league's best?
Speaker 5: That's next, it's sports Stock seven aety.
Speaker 4: Back to the Sewan Salisbury show on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Yours, your rockets, your voice?
Speaker 5: Are the streets still saying donk? No not what are they saying?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 2: Just pH or just just a fat out?
Speaker 9: What do you? What?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's that ass though?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it that ass or that ass?
Speaker 6: Probably that it's as so if it's is it with an F for a p H when it's a badonka dog pH?
Speaker 2: You really think?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: Tell me you slap your grandma? Is a pH?
Speaker 5: I mean tell me nice round ass?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't say that. He said you can't blame you.
Speaker 6: Know, for round ass or lizos Oh you go for you go for there any doubt? Well, one's p H, one's f one might have golf ball dimples. That's okay, you know that's okay, though, who's judging?
Speaker 5: Right? It's either Mike Tyson's ass or Lizzo's ass about the same.
Speaker 2: Mike Tyson's ass compared to that one might be might be the.
Speaker 6: Cliff notes of asses. You guys have cliff notes when you're going.
Speaker 5: Through st Yeah, yeah, we have that in spark notes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but a but donk a donk I mean if you look at us says ooh, babies, what do it? Shut your mouth? That slap your grammar? I mean I think that's an F. No, you think because you slap your grand it's so unbelievably good and thick.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got to slap your grandma because you just can't take it.
Speaker 5: Right, but right fat right.
Speaker 6: Right, But you wouldn't slap your gramdma with F you might like turn you have to turn your head right. So that's if that verbiage was answered, Oh baby, turn your head meaning this is too fat with an F p H means you're so excited about it.
Speaker 2: You got grandma.
Speaker 6: I don't even to Yeah, exactly, Molly wopped grandma for a pH, smacked the hell out of it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for a pH. Right, Oh yeah, see now we're on the same page. Yeah, man, man, what are you thinking.
Speaker 2: About right now? You're right, I was. I was just thinking about, well, never mind what you think.
Speaker 6: You just can't so you go upside the head with grandma if it's some pH is what you're telling me? Right, yes, and that's a badonka that is, I mean, what's that?
Speaker 1: What's u?
Speaker 8: Ll o?
Speaker 2: Cool Ja's cut for the big.
Speaker 6: With LLO cool J's got the one talking about what's his song about Booty Dow?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it LL cool J?
Speaker 5: He's got that cut l L cool J song. I probably shouldn't. Oh, uh, which one is it? I'm trying to think which one would you if.
Speaker 2: You have both cuts?
Speaker 5: Was it called big old Butt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I like bigs and I cannot lie that. L Oh, that's not him. Oh, mix a lot. There you go, we've had that question. I brought up sir, mix a lot. Now I don't even remember the answer I gave you. Yes, it's mixed a lot. So with mix a lot? Which one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: There you go, Baby got back and that is mixed a lot. Remember when we did know you? I think, right, maybe a couple of months was it? I think so? It just kind of runs together, you know what I'm saying. But right, I said it's sir mix a lot, and now I'm calling it LL cool. You know you called it ll cool Jane. I said, no, sir mix No, I'm talking about the first time.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 5: Ye Oh, that's right. We thought it was Yeah, okay, I remember the conversation. Now, that's right.
Speaker 2: You thought it was what's her name?
Speaker 6: Patty LaBelle no no, no no, But which one is when you see it? Both cuts come on honkey talk? But donk a donk or mix a lot? If you look, which which one's better? The visual of which one?
Speaker 2: You're like? Damn?
Speaker 6: Which song portrays a better pH? Honkey talk? But donk a dont or? I like big butts that I cannot lie. I feel a lot of brothers can't deny. Yeah, I feel like sir, mixed lots probably a larger even with an F. Yeah, triple what do you think? I don't think. But if you're comparing, which one would you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are the streets talking about? Triple A?
Speaker 6: Do you think it's more mix lots fat with an F and honky talk but donkey knocks with a pH?
Speaker 2: Or the other way around?
Speaker 11: The the honkey talk with the P.
Speaker 2: H that's the P.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so mix lots more of a fat.
Speaker 2: You're caboosing it up right, Yeah? I got you, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: Country music video wants a rat video?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's gotta do. That's I mean, that's gotta be with an F honkey talk, but donk don't. Yeah, all right, there you have it. That's been all. That's been a lifelong question that we've all wont answered. Do you remember answer?
Speaker 5: Do you remember when Trace Trace Atkins released that song and what people were saying about it.
Speaker 6: I remember him releasing it, but I don't remember what the verbiage was about.
Speaker 5: So I believe it a backlash, not backlash, but people were like, what the he a country guy? Why not releasing this? You tell him to get a lower voice. But back then, yeah, right, you're just ask hello. Back then, people weren't as soft as you know we are as a society today, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, if he came out, oh that's disrespect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just a fat.
Speaker 5: As Yeah, exactly, know, it's it's plus everything so sexualized. These days of it, you you would make sense to release that song now.
Speaker 6: Selective criticism, brother, Yeah, exactly, we have these days. Yeah, but but donkey donk there.
Speaker 5: You go, uh, tripoli, we have what is?
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 5: What is g y a t.
Speaker 6: At?
Speaker 11: That's god?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 11: Like, have you I'll seen you a video so you can understand the reference.
Speaker 5: Brandy lead Bet and Court listening to us this morning, she tweeted us, kids say g y a t pronounced g e I don't even know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's like, yeah, have you seen videos like that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Does that mean?
Speaker 5: Does that mean you got your thick? She said, she's a junior high teacher. I have no idea. She hears it all day long.
Speaker 12: It's kind of like a compliment, like they're like they're yeah, it's a compliment like that, you know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah she's packing.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's yeah guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in an innermural league and I'm dropping a dime, you know, or I drop a three from the corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I said, yeah, a cutter, Yeah, yeah, okay, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Man, it's a compliment though, Yeah, yeah it didn't.
Speaker 2: Let's every day man. Interesting, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because all I hear now like from uh the kids, from the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I was in the song at the gym yesterday and there were like two younger guys in there and they were talking about type. You know, I'm talking about triple type S you know, a little slight type. I can't say what I yeah, word on TV or radio or radio or not on TV, but who's counting? Yeah that's that type, yeah, which means that's yeah, that's it's a nice puffer puffer vest I mean a puffer jacket type.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel you.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, dude, I'm just trying to bring more culture to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, outfit looks.
Speaker 6: I've been I've been through ducade decade, ducades decades of culture stuff. Yeah, I got you, decades culture right, Yeah, Puffy's nuts.
Speaker 5: That okay, all right, let's talk with the version is good though. Let's talk about the Texans cornerbacks, Lasster and Derek stingleand junior. They ranked at the top uh, at least the top five in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about next and we're there for the Sewn Salisbury Show continued.
Speaker 5: Let's look at the cornerbacks, the Texans starting cornerbacks, Derek Stingley Junior, Kamari Lassiter, Derek Stingley Junior forty nine point seven. That is the passer rating when targeted, that is first in the league. Kamari Lassiter fifty five point two, that is second in the league.
Speaker 2: AFC or the whole NFL, whole NFL, whole NFL.
Speaker 6: Pretty impressive and that's helped by the fact that the front seven is getting after it and there are a lot of pressures which forces quarterbacks to do different stuff and stuff they don't want to do. But also the term lockdown corners used too often in the league. We automatically assume, oh, you're a high draft pick, you're a lockdown corner. Well that's not necessarily the case. But they've got it going on where these two guys are making are doing everything, I mean, are doing a good job of plastering other teams wide receivers.
Speaker 5: Listen to some of these further stats for just Derek Steingley Junior while guarding Davante Adams, Garrett Wilson, Ceedee Lamb, Mike Williams, and DJ Moore seventeen targets for ninety five yards with five total pass breakups including two interceptions Derek Stingley and this defense for the Texans has them ranked number six in the league for passing defense. I'm going to give credit to a dj B enemy Texans reporter for ESPN dot com. He posted these statistics that I saw yesterday. So I was going through some further stats on their defense and what the defense is doing outside of flying around and you know, bringing in that quote unquote swarm mentality that these cornerbacks are playing really, really, really good football on the defensive end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it also begs the question of You'll get asked a lot where do you start building defense.
Speaker 2: I've talked to coordinators.
Speaker 6: Throughout not only my career, but when I was doing television, and you talk to these guys each week trying to get an idea about you know, and during interviews and stuff. And I've talked to coordinators, I say, how do you build your defense?
Speaker 2: Outside in or inside out? Now?
Speaker 6: Some and it's more inside out than outside in that I've talked to over the course of time, But there are in the past. Now it may have changed. Now there may be more outside in because of the passing game. Think about how important a nickel corners become in football. The guy that's covering the inside guy, the cups, the Cooper Cups of the world, those great that are all over the place, no questions. So you bring in some of those guys, you know, in like the McDuffie's of the world inside to cover that guy, and we think, well, he's the fifth corner. No nickel corner cover guys that have to cover inside, you have more space you have to covering an inside guy than outside.
Speaker 2: I can squeeze outside. I got the sideline help.
Speaker 6: When you're covering in the slot, it's different a lot more, especially in man you've got a lot of room to cover. But in talking to coordinators over the course time in a head coaches, how do you build a team inside out, outside in? And most want to build it, you know, the Aaron Donalds, start in linebackers and work your way out. But there are some who like to say, well, if you give me corners, I can do a lot. I mean, phenomenal corners allows me to do something else with the nine guys on defense.
Speaker 2: So it goes both ways.
Speaker 6: And when it comes to building it, and you say, okay, what's easier to have great front seven and decent secondary that can cover. But it's no matter how good you are, if you give a quarterback three and a half seconds, he's going to beat your brains. In the other side of it is is that if you don't give the quarterback much time and you change it with the front seven and you've got great pass rush or pressure, doesn't an average corn I'm not saying these guys are but doesn't an average corner become better.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: So to me, I'm a big build it from the inside out. So pressure in the front seven makes corners better. Now when you got both they pressure and you got both these guys first round picks that are playing like it, meaning Stingley and Lassiter, well guess what that means. Then you're building a special special defense. But I'm a big inside out guy. The fact that you got two of the top you know, when you're not getting a whole lot of success quarterback rating, whether your corners are playing man or even in zone when they are off and have to drive on the football. So that's a blessing to have. Because if you tell me you've got a great front seven, I'll tell you your secondary is better.
Speaker 2: Not better than your front seven, but better. Regardless.
Speaker 6: If you have a great secondary but a bad front seven, I'll tell you that the secondary is going to suffer a little more. So they work hand in hand and it's great. I remember Brian Billick when he went to Baltimore. Their offense was not good. They were built ray lu they were I mean they were loaded on defense, right And I remember they drafted McAllister from Arizona. I believe he went. This was before they went to the Super Bowl. About mccoster, no duce. McAllister's a running back. McAllister the corner from I think University of Arizona. You can look it up. It was back and had to be well winned Baltimore win the Super Bowl two two thousan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe they drafted him in ninety nine. It might have been a rookie.
Speaker 6: But I asked him at the time, I said, with all the offense you need, and he was used to. He was in Minnesota before that, obviously, and they had Moss and Chris Carter and we had all kinds of great players and we were an offensive team. So Brian goes and he said, with my defense, if I get stops, we'll find a way offensively. And I asked him, I said, why him? He goes, Sean, if we can stop defensively, we'll be in every game. Basically, I remember talking to him about him and McAllister, is he on there?
Speaker 2: Go back? First round pick late?
Speaker 6: And it had to be ninety nine or two thousand and when Brian said that, or even ninety eight.
Speaker 2: He drafted him for a reason.
Speaker 6: And when there is offensive players he could have got and it ended up ch from the Arizona Wildcats is the Arizona Guy University of Arizona, Yes, okay, there you go, and then they won a super Bowl in two thousand, right, this two thousand Super Bowl or was it the two thousand season.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and one Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: So it was two thousand season. They drafted him in ninety nine, correct, let's see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, so two thousand season, yes, two season, two thousand and one, because there he.
Speaker 6: Goes, and he drafted him in ninety nine, so that's my I said why and he said, we had another corner talking about having great corners and McAllister was really good first round pick that he said, I'm gonna build the defense first and low and behold. A year later they win a Super Bowl. So it just depends on where you go and what your needs are. But I think having great corners is a luxury.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 5: He was playing corner at six one, two ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big wow. Yeah, and he went got him and they went and won a Super Bowl. So while you want offense, the truth of the matter is he built it the right way and the reason they won a Super Bowl was defense. Offense was efficient enough defense at that point in time in two thousand, if you could get stops, you can win games seventeen to thirteen on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: And that's what Baltimore did.
Speaker 5: Damn six to one, uh six, one two five and his forty was only a four to five. But I say only a four to five. But physically, guys now run four, two nines and four to three.
Speaker 6: Well, their philosophy was, we got plenty of guys in the interior that can go rough up your quarterback, and now I just need a physical guy to take him off his mark on the outside. And they went and won a Super Bowl because of it. But this team right now, I'm going to tell you in the next five this team will be a top five defense for five for the next handfull of years here here in Houston. He had an interception in the Super Bowl that year. Good player, and Brian stuck by his philosophy on that and it worked for them and they went and won that Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 5: That is uh look at that man, six one two oh five and first team All Pro, second Team All Pro, three time Pro Bowler, First Team All Pack ten coming out of college.
Speaker 6: I mean, all American was the wise choice. And then that draft and the rest round got put a ring on his finger after that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you've got for the Texans Derek Steen Junior and Kamar Laster playing really good football on the defensive side. Let's take a little bit further look into Bobby Slowick's offense and some of the adjustments that were made against the Dallas Cowboys. That's an next on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: Let the celebration start war Sewn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: A Sewan Salisbury show. Didn't Billy C send you to Grandma's place for some te too? And right back to thank.
Speaker 5: God for good directions? Yeah? Overrated song, but that's fine.
Speaker 2: Whoa don't you kid? Dog Billy C?
Speaker 5: After he gave back you know it's not overrated. It was just overplayed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's there's none a direction. Yeah I heard them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love some Billy C. But those I'm telling you what, that's a banger right there comes up? Oh yeah, yeah, man, you feel good about yourself, you know what I'm saying. Billy See, are you attracted to Billy C?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know you're not.
Speaker 6: Know a lot of times you'll admit your attraction to a guy who was the dude that you were dating in five.
Speaker 2: The dude I was dating and well, let's say I had one and then two. Yeah, the guy I was dating five?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, I just quit giving him the attention he deserved.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. It was me.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, That makes sense. No, Billy C doesn't do it for me. Man, Mmm, you're more of a You're more of a.
Speaker 2: Not Luke Bryan. No, you're more of a Zach Bryan guy.
Speaker 5: God, no, triple. Here's one thing that that we will never do on Western Wenesday. We will never play Zack Brian. Here's music suck, but we will play Luke Bron Did I'd rather listen to Luke Brian?
Speaker 2: Zach Bryan.
Speaker 5: Brian is the epitome of uh baby back, cry baby bs.
Speaker 11: Repeat the question.
Speaker 5: We will never play Zach Bryan on Western Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Zach not Luke. You're right, I was reminded him.
Speaker 5: No never, We will never play his music.
Speaker 6: Why do you got to call him a baby back, bitch?
Speaker 5: He is a baby back, but he is. Did you see the stuff going on?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about him. He's an idiot.
Speaker 5: You know what he's doing now, who knows? No, I don't pay him and him and her names I think her name is Bree Big podcast for the Barstool Network. Apparently he's a total psychopath. But there's also that in like over the last couple of days, I guess he still has.
Speaker 2: Her cat and won't give it.
Speaker 5: Back, and he's like putting posting pictures of him with the cat on his Instagram.
Speaker 6: Sounds like he needs just a full blown ass whooping. Yeah, that sounds he's such a baby. His music is just cry baby just it sucks. Well, his music sucks. Oh no, I don't have to I'm not I don't. I don't pay attention to him now. Now, one, Zach that we've got to play some zach top today. Yeah, we were jamming that yesterday and it wasn't even Western Tejano Tuesday.
Speaker 5: But we're in here some z top. Yeah, zach Top.
Speaker 2: I have to be confused with zz top, true, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so we'll play some good music on our Western Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, seven one three two one two five seven ninety. It's got out of the phone lines. Talk to Mike, Mike, what's happening.
Speaker 13: Hey morning guys, Hey, Billy c It gets close to my heart. One of my high school buddies wrote that song. A songwriter in Nashville.
Speaker 2: So really, are you being serious? Serious?
Speaker 13: No, no, I'm not joking. So seriously. He also wrote the song I want to say something about step head steps in Heaven or something he's written. He's written about five or six. I'm not a big country music guy, but I keep up with.
Speaker 6: Him, and so he wrote Billy, he wrote that song. We just played your buddy. Yeah, oh yeah, sweet yeah yeah Billy Yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: Like I said, I'm a classic I'm a classic rock guy. But you know, a high school reunion forty years ago. You know, I've caught up with him at our four year reunion and sorry ran through the song list. I was sort of impressed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, awesome. Yeah that is sweet man. No doubt they date myself. But hey, go back to the fifteen play twenty play prescript offense Slovak in game second second half. I mean it's almost like we just totally go ultra conservative and it's very predictable, especially like first down. I mean, know about some some bubble screens, how about a little inside screen to Mixing. I mean, I love that guy getting the ball out.
Speaker 13: Of the backfield with it. He's got great hands and can make things happen. But I'm just sick of this one and two yard first down run stuff that everybody puts eight guys in the box or something and knows what's coming. So welcome your comments. I'll let y'all beat that up.
Speaker 2: Thank you my thoughts this morning us great story.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just like it's like we've been saying, Sean, when when Joe Mixon first came here, one of the first things you said was he is really good catching passes out of the backfield. And I read the statistics from his his year in Baltimore, or excuse me, in Cincinnati last year he had close with a thousand yards rushing, but he had almost five five hundred yards out of the backfield catching pass.
Speaker 2: How many catches does he have right now? Let me pull that up.
Speaker 6: I am to me, you just expand your offense and they don't slow screen him enough. It's I know, the quick screen and the expanded the the horizontal screens, the bubble and the you know, in college they run a lot of tunnel screens and the smoke screens and the now screens, and that you'll get in the NFL as well. But like, look how good Camp City Chiefs execute.
Speaker 2: The screen game.
Speaker 6: He has U and he's always been good at that no matter where he's been.
Speaker 5: Eighteen receptions on twenty eight targets.
Speaker 2: That's not enough. I went, I think I told you that. I believe.
Speaker 6: I believe he's a sixty catch, twelve hundred plus yard rushing guy that's going in. And I just to me, even if you look what you saw when they spread him out and he ran us wet to slant, was it his Yes, that's big.
Speaker 5: That's Sason Shroud hits him on the move. It's scoring.
Speaker 6: That's that's Marshall Falk, Marcus Allen, Laedanian, Tomlinson stuff. You have to and the slow Look how you get Barkley Saquon Barkley on the edge. You have to get these guys in space that aren't just being rumblers. Now, listen, think about those guys we just mentioned. Barkley's leg I mean he's a beast. And then Derrick Henry and then Joe Mixon, and they are good at they can pound you inside the tackles and wear you out. But they all got wiggle and a little think about how good Derek Henry is and how many times he's broke big runs, receivers, blocking downfield. But there's other ways to get mixing the ball instead of just hand it to him. And I would love to see eighteen catches is not enough eleven games in your averaging a buck two, I mean one point two catches a game. I need him more in the screen game, So I get what they're saying. One thing I want to know, and sure there's a stat out there we could find it. I want to know of all the teams that script their first fifteen, which is the majority of teams in the league, I would imagine, I want to know what the numbers are post fifteen games for all of them, because I want to know if it's a trend for it's just the Texans or two or three teams that PostScript arnt good numbers wise, I think it's going to bear itself out that you see more teams that post fifteen games because you've worked on it all week, you know, and you've prepared and you've studied it. Did aren't as now you may get the Andy Reids or guys or Detroit, but the majority of I wonder if postcrit It's a great question by Mike, what the numbers are you know talking about He wants it just for the Texans, but I wonder the expanded version of where the Texans would rank with their efficiency numbers, posts, you know, scripted plays on top of that, I've always told you this. Let me ask you, how did the Texans start the game last week? It was the path the little court.
Speaker 2: Did they play with a little more tempo and play quicker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first half was felt like it was more up tempo.
Speaker 2: I see to me when you're going what happens?
Speaker 6: I was asked this question by Matt Mascott about nuss Meyer and the way LSU is struggling on offense now and just yet yesterday, and he was asking me about, you know, how do you you know when you're going through these struggles and trust and coordinator?
Speaker 2: You know what do you do?
Speaker 6: And I've always said that when a quarterback is struggling, you know the best way to fix it is take thinking out of his mind. Whether you're football like you can be through the roof. Everybody goes through the questions, right, I take take it out of their mind, whether it's CJ. Stratton, when you're struggling. I always felt, how often do you see guys struggling his ass off and then goes down with a minute fifty and scores a touchdown before half?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: And he's been struggling But you got to play fast because you're not thinking about it. You're not going through the thirty say, just you're just playing and what it is. It takes you back to your school where it's like score that's just going free wheel it.
Speaker 2: So when you're struggling.
Speaker 6: For me, the best success I've seen quarterbacks having for me was instead of you're in the huddle and you're even if you're not huddling, you're looking over you get the play and you're taking your time. Tempo gets you just to be a player's reaction instead of overthinking and all the clutter that goes in your mind. I would love them at times, not the whole game. Change up the tempo and when you guys struggle in to the offense, get it going, get something different going, and then they're not substituting. Things change in a hurry, And so for me, you can do that, but you can also add more screen game with that guy coming out of the backfield. Him in space is as good as anybody on the team because he can run you over and he can still run around you.
Speaker 2: He's that good.
Speaker 6: I think he needs more passes out of the back if he would be getting screens or throws, why not an option route on a lineback.
Speaker 2: If you're going to split him out and run a slam.
Speaker 6: Let's get Yeah, who's going to be able to cover his own well, his own teammate, Al Shy you're carrying with him? But that there's not many in the league. Fred Warner, Yeah, there's not many in the league. Patrick Queen, I still take and when an offensive player knows where he's going, I'll still take the I'll take Mixing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a mismatch, exact all day, every day.
Speaker 5: Let's look at third down success rate for the Texans. Not good.
Speaker 2: That's next.
Speaker 4: KD Houston KVD Houston Hart Radio station.
Speaker 2: As a Rocket.
Speaker 4: Sports Talk seven, your home for your home team. Sulisbury hot, Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Sewan Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc truth, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 1: Bryan Lima, go Lobos.
Speaker 4: This is the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 5: Right around seven nine year home for Rockets at basketball Alex Bregman rejecting the Astros qualifying off for Jets fire their GM College Football Playoff rankings updated and release will go through those in the eight o'clock hour. You guys pumped. I mean it's still the end season tournament, right, and that's tonight. I've turned to t U r N T Turnt big dog.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm turn ah.
Speaker 5: Oh how the table? How the turn tables?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I frigging love this in season tournament. Let me tell you something. Yeah, I'll crawled ten miles over broken glasses to watch the replays of it.
Speaker 5: When did you implement that saying? Do you remember in your long time, long time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really is a go to, But think about how difficult it would be to crawl ten miles over broken glass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not crawling, That's why it's difficult. And then overbroken I mean.
Speaker 6: Walking is one thing because it's on your feet. Now, crawl over it, hands, feet, kneasier.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, So if you're willing to crawl ten miles over broken glass, you're pretty much willing to do anything.
Speaker 5: So you're pumped, for the n season tournament.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, dude, and.
Speaker 6: Powerball Texans win a super Bowl, Raiders win a game, or in season NBA tournament, Yeah, no brainer. In season tournament yes, well, matter of fact, the others are a distant second, third, and fourth.
Speaker 2: Did I hear?
Speaker 6: I mean I've paid attention, but I didn't look at their overall record. Are the Cleveland Cavaliers for fifteen and one?
Speaker 5: They lost last night?
Speaker 6: Yeah, for some reason, I thought they'd lost a couple day. They're fifteen and friggin one. Yeah, they're fifteen going into last night.
Speaker 2: And that's the sneakeest nobody talks about on the planet.
Speaker 14: Dude.
Speaker 6: If that was the Lakers, the Knicks, the Celtics, or a Superstars team outside you know, Denver Nuggets. If that was the Dallas Lavericks or Golden State, they, yes, they would be going friggin crazy. It's the sneakiest start to a season you will. Maybe it's because of football, and you know, we pay attention to the NBA, but for me, college football and college and NFL. As I've told you, when I hit Christmas Day, that's usually my next gear of NBA. You watch it but it's not like I watched three games in a row on a Wednesday and I'm said here, thinking, you know, I've paid a little attention to Cleveland. You're like, okay, Cleveland, you always paid it tension when Lebron was there, right, Oh, yeah, so you pay attention, but you go through and say, okay, oh they won another game, and then all of a sudden, you're not paying attention. Next to you wake up and they've won fifteen straight. You tell me when you saw the lead on any national show, maybe I missed them because I don't watch them enough. Where the Cleveland Cavaliers were the lead on a national show even more than a Dallas Cowboys losing. That's fifteen and oh to start a season, and now they lost to well, the reigning NBA champions.
Speaker 5: Boston, who's twelve and three.
Speaker 2: You talking about jumping out in front game? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, did you watch?
Speaker 11: I watched it. I'm ready for the tournament. I watched every game.
Speaker 6: Can can you imagine fifteen and one and you're only two games in front of the best record the NBA or the Eastern Conference League Celtics too.
Speaker 2: That twelve and three? Huh? I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 6: So good on Cleveland and right now it's really good because their.
Speaker 2: Football team blows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they suck, and Cleveland's Cleveland's got good sports fans, so it's pretty impressive. So in truth, I don't like the basketball. I could care less about the tournament, but they care. Why it's just add more money. What is guys making a million bucks or something whatever it is. Yeah, so it's a it's a good gig. It's a good way to But we know why they did it. Two reasons. We prefer you at the load manage, but also to create all this interest or perceived interest early in the season when football season is going on and you know you're competing against college in NFL.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's now called the twenty twenty four NBA Cup.
Speaker 11: Be a cup. So last what's the emirs part of it? Okay? Gotcha?
Speaker 5: So last year teams were given let's see, fifty thousand dollars for players who lost in the quarterfinals, one hundred grand for players who lost in the semifinals, two hundred grand for players who lost in the final, and five hundred thousand dollars for players who won the NBA Cup. This year, it's jumped up. Players who lose the quarterfinals they get fifty one ninety seven one ninety seventeen. Players that lose in the semifinals they get one oh two nine nine four.
Speaker 6: Can we just round it off to an even it's a regular number one hundred and ten grand instead of players down to the penny.
Speaker 5: Players who lose in the championship game get two hundred and five thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight dollars, and players that win the NBA Cup get five hundred and fourteen thousand, nine hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: So I guess thirteen grand.
Speaker 6: They're adding that to the inflation, right, So I can you just say five point fifty or five twenty five?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So following the first season of the NBA Cup in twenty twenty three, part of the CBA prize money will increase for each subsequent salary cap year. So that's why it's going up to random ass numbers. It's just because there's a bunch of different factors.
Speaker 2: Understand but it's a stupid factor.
Speaker 5: In season tournament player on the team that wins the in season tournament finals game multiplied by the b R I growth factor for so yeah, I'm not even.
Speaker 2: Getting it right.
Speaker 6: It's like trying to figure out quarterback rating, all the stuff that goes into it. You just say five twenty five. Yeah, man, a little over five hundred grand, right, I'm not sure the players like who we raised fourteen thousand in post taxes right now, you'll get about ten of it, nine of it, ten of it. So yeah, it's fine. It's still you don't go broke taking a profit. So you sure don't half a million dollars in season over and above the salary you're already making.
Speaker 5: So and it's going to go up every year.
Speaker 6: Of course it makes me laugh. Hey, you make how much a year? Thirty four million, thirty five million. Oh, but we got to give you ten games into the season incentive or fifteen games of the season more incentive to actually want to play during football season, because well, we just want me you guys to be happy in December, November and December so we can get you more money. It's just fascinating to me. It's great if it if you're a fan and you think this adds competitiveness and passion to basketball and to you great those of us like me, If you're watching the NBAM walk, whether it's this cup or not, right in season, tournament or not, is not tuning me in more. If you love basketball, you're gonna watch basketball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Maybe the fact that if your team's in it and you don't like football, you're gonna watch it more because competition the players, I get why they're doing it. Another half million more, we can say that we want all the money.
Speaker 2: You make.
Speaker 6: A half million bucks is a lot of money for anybody, regardless you make thirty five million a year, that's that's a good gig. So I just find it funny that, let me ask you this, are they cutting well?
Speaker 2: What do I always say about the fan? They don't get a seat at the table?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: Huh?
Speaker 6: Okay, So you've added to create interest from fans during football season. I'm talking about they've had basketball starts during football se in the past. But by adding cup and making it ooh, it's a tournament during the season that you've added, Oh, the winner gets a half a million bucks. I want to know this. Have you to make it even more interesting and more interest? Are tickets less?
Speaker 5: No, they're not probably gonna be more expensive, honestly.
Speaker 6: So once again, the fans are going to play full price, and the players to appease them with an ND season tournament, so they'll play hard at this time during football season, a little harder and no, you know, with without a lot of rest meaning load management. You're trying to keep them interested. So we got to entice them with a half a million dollars more. Yeah yeah, man, what a great racket, dude, what a good get. And as a fans, I would let you know what would make me, would make it better. Say, during this tournament tickets are half price. Do you want more interest in in your buildings?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they get more the fans still pay full price. Okay, if that's listen. If you love basketball, I love basketball. If you love it, you're gonna watch it. But the players, this is all players incentive. Because if you love the Rockets game, are you really watching more because it's an N season tournament? Are you watching more because you love the Rockets game?
Speaker 5: You're watching regardless if you love the Rockets, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and if you don't like basketball during football season, yeah, it's not gonna make you watch.
Speaker 2: No, it's not right.
Speaker 6: What this is simply to entice the players to play hard. Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've So let's see the n Season Tournament games for the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: They played last Friday against the Clippers is one of them. They'll play another one this coming Friday, and then on Tuesday. So they've got games against the Portland Trail Lazers in the N Season Tournament, Timberwolves, Kings, and then it goes into the quarterfinals. So there's four group stage games. That's the ones that I just read. So then you go into the quarterfinals. Let's go.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, doc, oh man, let's let's do it. Let's get this NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 6: But you know what if I'm a player, Oh, you're gonna get me another half million if I win.
Speaker 5: I'm in Sean loves the ND Season Tournament.
Speaker 2: I don't really that.
Speaker 6: I don't know why we hang banners for it, but your Lakers hung the band. I don't, but I like, I like. You know, if you love hoops, you love it. This is all player incentive, yes, because you're not limiting that, you're not telling the fans they get if you've come to an end season game with the court painted like we get a.
Speaker 2: New it's new.
Speaker 6: Well, it's to keep the players like involved, because who doesn't want to The twelfth guy on the bench at half a million dollars means a lot. The lebron Maybe it doesn't, but it's still a half million to do whatever you want with. Right, Yeah, not a bad gig while that's over and that's just a signing bonus is all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good gig. Man. NBA has got it going, right.
Speaker 5: You want to go to Vegas for the finals?
Speaker 2: No, I'll watch on TV. Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 5: What if we get court side seats?
Speaker 2: I'm good? What yeah, well.
Speaker 6: Half flight now that all that and play golf and by oh yeah I can do that. The court get court side seats here? You and your guys that you've been to Vegas. What don't you have a group that you played used to play golf with in Vegas quite a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love going to Shadow Creek and yeah that's what it is, Shadow Creek. Yeah, there you go. Yeah, man, you wouldn't want to go, all right? Me and Triple you will go.
Speaker 6: I'd love to go, but it wouldn't be I'd go if they're as a turn like they have a college hoops tournament in Vegas too, which is awesome. I believe you might be the Thanksgiving I can't remember what weekend it is, but hell yeah, i'd go, especially with the gambling and golf to mix into the NBA courtside seats. I'm in, but it's not because the tournament. It's because i'd want to watch good NBA basketball.
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken, You of h is playing in that Player's Era festival.
Speaker 2: That's that's usually four big boys playing in that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's going to be during Thanksgiving week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the one that's a million dollars to each of the participating teams nil collectives.
Speaker 6: There you go. Yeah, that's another that's why you do it. Yeah, go get that mill. Money is a great, great enticement. Yeah, always is.
Speaker 5: Let's let's get to the stake out right here on Sports Talk seven to eighty.
Speaker 4: The Sean Salisbury Show continues on Sports Talk seven ninety Home for your home teams.
Speaker 1: All right, Sean, what are you hearing out there now?
Speaker 4: The Salisbury steakouts, Salisbury takeout on The.
Speaker 1: Sean Salisbury Show's.
Speaker 5: Time for the stakeout here on The Sean Salisbury Show, Sean Bryn and Tripoli. Rockets host the Pacers tonight seven pm tip off, six o'clock launch bad right here on seven out of your home for Rockets basketball. Alex Bregman rejects the Astros qualifying offer. Jets fire their GM. The college football playoff rankings have been updated and released. We'll go through those coming up at eight o'clock this morning. Continue to talk about the Texans and Cowboys. Obviously, the Cowboys have had an atrocious season. Dak Prescott out for the year, Cooper Rushes are starting quarterback. Jerry Jones didn't do a damn thing to help out his team in the offseason free agency. Shawn, I want you to hear this real quick from Stephen A. Smith yesterday on First Take talking about Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: This is what he had to say.
Speaker 15: I say this because I'm not joking when I say this. I'm getting very, very worried about Jerry Jones because the only things that's worse than the team's play is his press conferences or whatever you want to call it. When he's in front of the reporters where he says one thing after another after another. I find myself thinking about, you know, Joe Biden before he backed out of running for reelection. And he's only listen, he's only one month. I think Jerry is one month older than than than a president Joe.
Speaker 2: Biden for crying out lot.
Speaker 15: I remember when I was on the airwaves literally guys nine ten months ago, and they're like, Yo, he can't, he can't be the nominee. You ain't gonna make it to the Democratic Natural Convention. Y'all got to change. Y'all got to do something to change. And I'm looking at Jerry and I find myself asking.
Speaker 2: Where the hell is Stephen Jones? Where the hell of his family member?
Speaker 15: Who is I know he's the owner and the president and the GM and I get all of that, but somebody in your in the circle has to be able to stop you from just adding just fuel to the fire. Because it is so bad right now. Dave literally took the fun out of it.
Speaker 5: I know you saw me with the all right, that's a little snippet of Steven A. Smith talking about Jerry Jones and Sean. We've talked about the charades that go on in Dallas. You know, we talked about when guys are trying to work out, you got people want to bang on the glass and act like it's a zoo. Dalton Schultz said, it was kind of like a zoo. And the marketing side of Jerry Jones is fantastic. But there's no question that his GM skills over the last couple of years are awful. And we know I already know the answer to this. He's not going to step away, we know that, but is it time for him to at least relinquish GM duties.
Speaker 6: It's it's been two decades that he should have done that, and Steven A. Smith's even taking it farther thinks that. Basically, I'm gathering from that my perception what Steven A. Smith said did mentally he's not all there. I don't know is that means senility? Is that what he is?
Speaker 2: Basically? With him?
Speaker 6: He didn't say the word, but when he compared him to Joe Biden and had to get rid of me, well, I don't know. I'm reading between the lines and feels like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Same here. Let's just get to let's say Jerry's fully healthy and functional and everything's fine, right, He's not a good GM. No, and he would have fired that GM over and over again had it have been a GM that wasn't him doing the same thing. We don't need to and we've prefaced it before you did too, excellent Marketer spends money as an owner. Everything for Jerry, everything's about optics and pub the whole thing. But he's a Hall of Famer, he's got Super Bowl rings, and he's a billionaire. Where's his incentive? Yeah, so take power away from him. That kind of takes away strips him of him being the face. And I'm going to name me one organization that has won a championship at any level at any time college, were the athletic directors the face of the organization the university or in the NBA, NFL or Major League Baseball, where the owner is the face and voice of the organization, name one.
Speaker 5: Well I think of of bad owners, I think of Al Davis.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Al was previous to Maldives. Was a great owner, but a little art of his mind. Okay, Davis, Mark Davis is current.
Speaker 2: I had his problems. Don't misunderstand me. I get it.
Speaker 5: Probably football guy a little dramatic for me to say that, But I'm just saying like guys that I think of, like flamboyant type out in the public. Owners, the raid. I'm just gonna say, the Raiders, the Giants, the Jets, they all have dysfunction right now, and it all starts with ownership. Look at and we're going to talk about the Jets dumpster fire that they are. Look at Woody Johnson. There's another one, but he's not and he's even not the face of the organization. Aaron Rodgers is right exactly. So with all that being said, none of those owners are actually out in front.
Speaker 6: Let me name a few organizations. Go back to the Lakers. Now, your coach or your best player can be the face of the organization. Belichick, Brady Rogers, far of Stroud, Demico, Ryans all that. Let's look around now for a second, and I say the Lakers back when Jerry Buss, Jerry wanted. People knew who Jerry but but Jerry didn't want the pub Jerry West, pat Riley, Magic Johnson, Abdul Jabbar whatever. I want you to go through and tell me the best teams. If you if the owner of the Baltimore Ravens walked in right now, would you know what he looked like?
Speaker 2: I would because I've been it.
Speaker 6: Would you know I would not know if he walked in in a suit, look good, you really wouldn't know what all right? So in baseball, who won the World Series? Okay, who's the owner of that? Don't look right now? Who's the majority owner of the Texas Rangers?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Okay, who's the majority owner of the Boston Celtics. Couldn't tell you.
Speaker 6: Who's the majority owner? You know the Hunt family because they just won. But he has a trophy named after him? Is Clark Hunt? The is Clark Hunt the face? Now they'll look like it's Mahomes and Andy Reid? Right, find me. I want you to find me an organ. Who's the owner of the Denver Nuggets? Oh, Denny owned? He owns like an NHL team?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Is it part of the Walton family?
Speaker 2: It's well, the Walton.
Speaker 6: Is the wife, it's it's it's probably it's still the guy that owns a ram Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: But my point is, if he walked in here, would you know what you look like?
Speaker 6: No, and you're still trying to remember his name.
Speaker 5: I would know what Gracie Hunt looks like.
Speaker 2: She's a daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's more the face of that franchise than.
Speaker 2: Mahomes, Kelsey and Andy Reid.
Speaker 6: My point is, name me an organization that wins championships, that the owner is the face voice of the organization, and they ain't winning championships. And back when Jerry got him, who was the face of the organization in the mid nineties, Jim Johnson, EMMITTT. Smith, Michael Irvin when he got there. Yeah, so you tell me how they've been to an NFC championship game since the mid nineties. No, who's the face of the organization. It's Jerry Joe and his ego won't let it happen. And until he's just now, listen, what would Jerry be better at We compliment him on making really good general manager moves or hiring a great general manager, removing yourself from it and being an owner and winning a Super Bowl that way. Wouldn't people look at and say, Jerry finally gets it. He's decided to put the ego in pride aside and focus on being the owner and let somebody else do the football stuff.
Speaker 2: But he hasn't and he won't.
Speaker 6: Your owner should never be Jim Crane's not the face of this organization. A decision maker. But you know the face of the organization house too big and it's not close. So why in the world do you think you're gonna win a championship. I'm going to tell you right now. If Clark Hunt was the face and the verbiage and did all that and the ego got in the way of the organization, Mahomes or Andy Reid or not, they would not be winning championships.
Speaker 5: Why Cliff Grousbeck is the owner majority owner of the Celtics, by.
Speaker 2: The way, there you go, and do you know what he looks like?
Speaker 6: I do now, But no, you could walk thirty two owners in the NFL in here and you'd say, I recognize Jerry Jones shot Craft craft right, Rooney.
Speaker 5: Art Rooney, Yeah, I'd recognize him. I recognized David Tepper. And the only reason David Tepper is because he's a total jackass and you see his face out in the open, because he's throwing drinks on on a fans.
Speaker 2: Who won the World Series this year?
Speaker 5: It was Los Angeles Dodgers. It was do you know it was like of them? Okay, I know, Magic Johnson, Okay, I got.
Speaker 11: Needel called in. He said, there is one. It's Mark Cuban.
Speaker 6: Okay, uh, I'll argue now Cuban wanted to be. I had season tickets in Dallas and the face of that organization was absolutely but he did. He did for about three billion dollars. Yeah, yeah, to to to so in this last off season.
Speaker 5: Sold all that money and got those right stupid ass.
Speaker 6: Now now listen, Yes, Mark Cuban's the closest to a championship team. Mark Cuban desperately wanted to be. You know, he'd get technical fouls and I get it. But living in Dallas at the time, the billionaire because he's the billionaire and owned it. But make no mistake about it, everybody pined for Dirk Novitski to win a title.
Speaker 2: Ends did.
Speaker 6: He was still the face of the organization although Cuban wanted to be. Jerry wants to be, and Jerry is, and Jerry ain't relinquishing it. No, owners who are the face of the organization aren't winning championships anymore because he goes too big and you and when you don't empower somebody else, you can't do all the jobs at once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, George Steinbrenner was out there too well.
Speaker 6: But how long has it been since Steinbrenner was was the boss.
Speaker 5: Oh well, r ip.
Speaker 6: Years and remember with certain time to go, Brian Cashman has been making decisions even at the end of George's time. But okay, Steinbrenner was the face of the organization. But Reggie Jackson wasn't half bad. Derek Jeter in his time wasn't half bad. They had about eight of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Roger Clemens.
Speaker 6: There's no doubt that there's a lot going on. But I'm telling you the clear cut where there's no questions asked. It's Jerry Jones, right, and they're not gonna win a title.
Speaker 5: Dou Yeah this way, And as we get to break, I know we're going behind. The other night after they lost the Texans, you know how the players walk back and there's always cameras that watch them walking back. They didn't show the players. They showed freaking Jerry Jones.
Speaker 6: And he's gonna be the guy that steps outside the locker room and addresses to me.
Speaker 5: He said, Jerry, let's let's go live. We're gonna watch Jerry Jones walk down the tunnel.
Speaker 6: It's becoming an embarrassment. Ridiculous, man, it is an embarrassment. I know, it's it's ridiculous. All right, let's get to break. Continue to talk about bad ownership. What's going on with the Jets? They fire their GM that's next.
Speaker 4: The Seawn Salisbury Show continued, Hey, why how can you hate zach Brown?
Speaker 2: You just can't? Can't you? You want to respond? You want to You've got to retort?
Speaker 5: No, I just don't like I like a few of their songs.
Speaker 6: I know you remember the time you texted me you heard the song Chicken Friday and you were that's all in.
Speaker 5: That might one of the worst songs probably of all time. Top five yes, top five war songs. Yes, And that's not hyperbolic either. That song sucks one of the words. Okay, that or san Gria? I like san Gria way better.
Speaker 6: What about neon Light at the end of the night? Wow, she can fry blows dude? What about She's got whatever it is? Does it blow you away when she does? No, the blatant disregard and disdain for Zachary Brown hurts cuts pretty deep.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Let me give you in order, Yeah, of concerts you have to attend. Okay, Blake Shelton, I'd go to Blake Shelton Zach Brown.
Speaker 5: No, Eric Church, I'd go to Eric Church. George Strait, I would love to go. Give me George at the bottom. Why did Blake Shelton get the top?
Speaker 2: Well, we can you know, I can't just throw him.
Speaker 6: It's I mean, in order, it probably goes, uh, it probably goes Zach Brown top. He's probably the lead face on the mountain. Have you been to Zach Brin Zach Brown? Sorry, Zach Brown, No, I have met Zach Bryan. I am not no. In truth, I'm kidding, but I know you've got major disdain for You're not a big Zach Brown guy. You're really not Chicken Fried top five lowess, worst ever you got. Yeah, it is all right, but I'll tell you what he's got, whatever it is, and it blows me away, does it? I just I just love the fact that you can't stand.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of good songs by that.
Speaker 2: Late and discussed for it. It comes on you like I hate this.
Speaker 5: I hate it, dude. It's did you see how did you see?
Speaker 6: How I mentioned Zach Brown and George Strait to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 6: Yeah? And he was fork, Oh yeah, let's throw up George Stow right the country music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually, I'd rather listen to Landy Wilson in her awful twang?
Speaker 2: Then why are you so bad? You you used to be? I just can't wait for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: There gonna be out there, You're gonna be Man and Dolly Barton.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that we got y' all. Dude, you were you were all over heart. That's like six months ago. You loved her?
Speaker 5: No, I did not.
Speaker 6: You used all you did to all the wagon. Man, she loses the wagon and you're you're down on It's got a long ass day now, yea. But you don't like her music, not like her music, disrespect her twaang is just too much for you?
Speaker 5: Overboard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know she.
Speaker 5: Probably talks like you and I regularly, and then when she gets on cameras, she's.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you think she talks like basic white guys?
Speaker 5: Yes, she probably talks like a basic white girl.
Speaker 6: Hi. So tonight when she's on with was it Lucas Brian and Peyton Manning on the c m as? Yeah, yeah, she's I think she's a try host. She's been added to the mid so you think she'll talk like this?
Speaker 2: Hi? Peyton?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: How you doing, Luke.
Speaker 6: You think she'll go even harsher on the country half boo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those. Yeah, Peyton nineties you watch you out of my stay. When I was a little girl, my dad one day you.
Speaker 9: Can be like you.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, my dad took me to Doxville. You guys were playing Florida. You didn't eat Yeah, rocking top. Yeah, that'll be a big good trifecta. That's those three together will be good. Peyton's funny as hell. He is funny. But I want Peyton to say, hey, Luke, you've been deer hunting recently. Can you imagine if if Peyton said, hey, Luke, you' been deer hunting, let us remind you when you finally knock down a deer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is They should run that on did Ash smokes? Is he dn Is he dying?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What could you?
Speaker 2: Don't you think?
Speaker 6: Don't you think they should do that? Run that on the big screen. A yes, after somebody wins an award and the other guy came up like second place? Yeah, cue Zach, I mean Luke and have Luke. Well, it's deer season, It's whole season. Yeah, I know, it's a struggle. We just you know, every everybody can't win, but you won this date.
Speaker 2: Boom, go to the video.
Speaker 6: Did Ash smoke Kim?
Speaker 2: Is he dying?
Speaker 5: I just want to hear somebody ask him, like, Luke, what in the hell were you doing in that moment?
Speaker 6: He wasn't It was yeah, smell yeah, a lady will be on fire with her voice. You're right, Yeah, I got you, dog, Yeah, I got you. So are you down on the Texans third down as we transition from Lucas Bryant is a Diana.
Speaker 5: I've got that. And I've also got teams with sub basically offensive success rate on both first and second down. Where did the Texans stack up?
Speaker 2: That's what we have defensively as well.
Speaker 5: I just have offensive.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go, let's check it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk about it next right here on Sports Talk seven ninety, Salsbury Show continues.
Speaker 6: When we were playing swords, yes, bruh jewish, we were playing swords that you can't wait to see land Man with Bill Bob Thorton you mentioned earlier this week. Yes, and I told you, I asked you have you seen sling Blade? It might be his best performance ever.
Speaker 5: Well, I've seen in the Cliffs.
Speaker 2: I reckon, dude.
Speaker 5: So for him to play that character, like you were telling me about phenomenal, that's insane.
Speaker 6: He wants some French fries though. Man, when you watch that movie, you're gonna be like phenomenal. I think Billy Bob Thornton is one of the most underrated actors on the PI. He's one of my favorite actors.
Speaker 2: I think he's phenomenal.
Speaker 6: And you watch sling Blade, you're gonna come away from there and want to watch every single Billy Bob thorn movie there is.
Speaker 5: You say his best work is in sling Blade. I think his best work is Bad Santa.
Speaker 11: Yeah that's the best one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well one is makes you laugh and laughs, Oh I need to do because you're laughing. So and Kathy Bates and the next one's funnyself. But I think she's an underrated actress. She's really frigging good at all. She's she can be in that that crazy ass role, and she's really smart. She's got Now she's doing the mattlock Show Andy Griffith used to do. She's Matt Locke now on primetime TV, and she's frigging she's perfect for it.
Speaker 2: But with Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 6: There's no doubt Bad Santa was off the charts, but it wasn't gonna win a movie or Actor of the Year.
Speaker 2: This time's performing.
Speaker 6: In in Sling Blade. I'm just telling you. Yeah, I mean, there's been some good performances. You'd be hard pressed to find one better than that from from him I'm talking about, and he does. I think he does good work all the time. Yeah, this is this is critical acclaimed performance.
Speaker 5: He can go from a funny ass drunk Santa Claus in one movie to playing essentially.
Speaker 6: He's disabled right in that movie and befriending a kid.
Speaker 5: But then he can go and he can play a role like he did in Friday Night Lights where he's the head coach and that's right. Then he can play the lead or not the lead role, but for Armageddon.
Speaker 6: And he's a right former former you know, drinking problem cop with the Chris Rock, I mean Chris Rock with the Rock Rock where the Rock back in the day he was a bad guy. Yeah, I mean did I don't know how to describe the movie. But and then the Rock goes and gets starts to get retribution on all the guys and Billy Bomb and he spared Billy Bob Thornton's life, No did.
Speaker 2: He He killed him in the end.
Speaker 6: He spared the Preacher's life because remember Billy Bob Thornton was one of the guys behind it in the mass that that shot the Rock in the head and he wasn't supposed to recover. He killed his brother as well. Monsters Ball is the one that I.
Speaker 10: Was a.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, yeah, how's that for trifecta? Yeah, and you know, Heath Ledger obviously his performance and is uh the Joker?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 6: The Joker was his best performance, Dary, no doubt. Well, Billy Bob Thornton and sling Blade, You're gonna walk away from there saying that's one of the best performances I've ever seen. Especially to be able to have to do that voice and and keep that you know, that energy the entire time with his role was impressive.
Speaker 5: Man, you're talking about the movie faster is that with him the Rock.
Speaker 6: Where he went after him and he got retribution because he and he was and set him up at the end, and yeah, went back and got him, but and he spared the Preacher's life. The people that were involved that didn't want. You know, he killed him and his brother, you know what I'm saying, killed him and went back, and he came back and survived, and next thing you know, he's getting retribution. And Billy Bob Thornton was a police off officer investigator in it that had some little bit of booze problems.
Speaker 2: I think underrated man. Yeah, integrated, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Real quick as we get ready to get into the eight o'clock hour, we're gona talk a little college football teams with a sub forty offensive success rate on both first and second down. The Houston Texans thirty nine point one percent end of list. They're the only team in the NFL sean with a sub forty percent offensive success rate on both first and second down. Success rate on first down means five gaining five yards or more you may know, the worst in the league. Yes, And then on second down meaning gaining three or more yards. Well, because if you get it on first down, that's you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Which leads to the coming into this past game. Yeap fifty times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or more.
Speaker 5: Stroud is fifty.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you again what the most important down in football is?
Speaker 2: First? Thank you? First period? Get six yards.
Speaker 6: I would imagine if we looked at the number who's the number one team on first down in the league, that the Chiefs, the Ravens, the Detroit Lions. There may be some aberrations. I would imagine that the success of those teams is at the top and with this quarterback and with this run game and this band of receivers. It should not be like that, which tells me that the focus shifts on third down, but it needs to be better and more aggressive on first down. Second down will take care of itself if you take care of the first down, and I assure you third down will as well. You're not gonna have a lot of success when you're third and seven or third and six and a half, third and seven or more regularly, you're gonna have a ton of it. When you're third and four or less, you just are and then everything's in play. Rarely are teams running it at third and seven plus. Now you can still get a first down, but you're going to throw most of the time. But when you're in third and four, mix and is still available. Derrick Henry is still available to you, depending on where you are on the field. But I would imagine the number one team in the league at first down, the top five, most of them are playoff contention or at the our record says they're at the top.
Speaker 2: Of the league.
Speaker 5: It looks like the lines are number one right now.
Speaker 2: No shock there.
Speaker 6: And this year for Kansas City, they may not be there because their offense hasn't been explosive. But I assure you, and they're just magical when Andy's got, you know, play sheet in his hand. But I would imagine Baltimore's pretty good. The Buffalo Bills, I would imagine, are pretty good on first down.
Speaker 2: But you can't be that.
Speaker 6: You put it this way, you cannot sustain being the worst in the league on first and second down and think that's going to bode well come January, especially when it's colder and you've got to be more physical and you've got to control it because you know what, when the wins kicking in and weather, third and ten plus, third and eight plus. Don't have a lot of plays in my playbook for you, buddy, I just don't.
Speaker 5: Most first downs this season it goes Baltimore, Detroit, San Francisco, Seattle.
Speaker 6: But those are the most first down that first average play per first down. Yeah, most now most first downs, meaning you could get a first have a play on second and nine and get a first down. I'm talking about their success percent.
Speaker 5: The Lions that are Nember won on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I just want to do a different stat just total first downs. Baltimore is a number one.
Speaker 2: So well and are those two teams super Bowl contenders? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they went on first down. Yeah, and if you're bad on first down, it's really hard to be good on third down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia also up there, then Detroit another sneaky wanted to be Washington with what Jade nails.
Speaker 6: Well, and look at Washington, they're going to win the division. Well, they win the division, they're going to be in battle with Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Buffalo is also up there as well. Top five.
Speaker 6: There you go, and I assure you none of them have fifty third and ten pluses that are at the top of the league. You know what's Texans got to get better and it's amazing that they're seven and four with that Kansas City. Oh, they're probably in the middle of the pack round yea, they are, Yeah, they're not. Their offense is that good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Put it this way. Average quarterback. If they have an average quarterback, that football team's not in first place. And they're sure it's hell not nine and one. No, But the fact that they're so, they're the aberration. Like you look at the numbers, say, how are they like this? Well, I'll tell you how they're like it because all the other stuff they do better than everybody else. Yeah, and their quarterback and their head coach are really frigging good. Yeah, but that's the aberration. But you saw you can't keep sustaining it. Who won the game last time, Buffalo Bills. It's hard to do that. And you have to have your defense playing a phenomenal game every game. If that's the case. And we're saying this about the best quarterback in the league right right, it's craziness. First down is so important.
Speaker 5: Let's get into the eight o'clock hour. Let's take a look at the updated college football playoff rankings of the week thirteen twelve team bracket projection. It's it's crazy. Let's look at it. Next in Sports Talk seven to.
Speaker 4: Eighty kd E Houston ATDHD two Houston Heart radio station.
Speaker 2: And the Rocket produce.
Speaker 4: This is Sports Talk seven ninety your home for your home teams Salsbury, Oldbury, Salsbury, Houston.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Sean Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc True longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 4: Brian Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 5: Alex Bregman rejecting the Astros qualifying offer, Jets fire their general manager. We're gonna talk college football this segment, but before we get to that, seven one three two one two five seven ninety is the number to join. Got a couple of guys on hold. We'll start with Brandon Brandoh.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian, Good morning, Sean.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's up?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm outstanding? How about yourself?
Speaker 7: And they're okay, it's Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: It but three yep, we're getting there about a week and a day. We'll be eating.
Speaker 6: Good man, I hear you. What's your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? What's your favorite food? Turkey?
Speaker 2: Turkey? And what's your favorite side?
Speaker 14: Mister tato beans?
Speaker 2: Nice? Yeah? Goteese in there? Stuffing?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 2: Do you call it struffing or dressing? Dressing? Dressing? Do you West Coast thing? I guess I call it stuffing?
Speaker 5: Oh no, there's stuffing too, but no, what do you call it.
Speaker 2: Do you call it stuffing or dressing? There's a difference. There's stuffing and there's dressing. Stuffing and dressing of the same thing.
Speaker 5: No, they're not. There's there's dressing and they're stuffing.
Speaker 2: No, okay, we'll explaining what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Brandon, what you.
Speaker 2: Got, man?
Speaker 7: We got No?
Speaker 3: I call it dressing.
Speaker 5: Okay, must be a West Coast thing, then shut out.
Speaker 2: It must be I'll say.
Speaker 5: Yeah anyway, Brian, Yeah, rockets, Yeah, what about him?
Speaker 3: We need to win?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Playing the pacers tonight, Brando, Okay.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch the Awards tonight.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brandon, do you like uh you like Brooks and Dune?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you know the song boots Scoot and Boogie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you give us a little karaoke this morning? Come on me and triple singing with you?
Speaker 2: Why are you you con.
Speaker 5: Continue boot Scoop?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: He says, karaoke?
Speaker 6: I know he does, but sometimes you in the morning, you gotta get the pipes, louse.
Speaker 5: You know he's been up since five man, he's he gets up and grinds. Brandon, you know the song?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will do it in the but no, no, you gotta do it right now.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, give it to give us a little bit boot scooting boogie.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn Brandon. I think Brandon's like Brian.
Speaker 2: Don't blame him. Love you, Brandon, Appreciate you calling buddy. Thank you, brother, thank you, appreciate you. Damn it man. All right, yesterday, I gotta get back to this.
Speaker 6: What you're telling me now, unless unless I was born yesterday, you're telling me dressing and stuffing are different. Stuffing you have it that there is, they're they're different, just different names.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the same thing, and they're cooked a little bit different. No, that's what I'm looking at the gospel.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Cook the way they are cooked? What's the difference. You can cook it in the turkey, cook it out of it. If you're a stovetop guy, go ahead. If you're from scratch stuffing person, there's still.
Speaker 5: This common misconceptions stuffing and dressing are not the same thing. The key difference is the way they are.
Speaker 2: Cooked, stuffing and dressing.
Speaker 6: But when you say, hey, when you say what do you okay, then I want you to do this. Put stuffing and dressing on the table at the same time, people say why do you do it? They're both the same. So when you add what add a little spice to one or cook it the way. But I mean, if I'm wrong, it's like, damn.
Speaker 5: There's no right or wrong answer.
Speaker 6: I just to me, it's just how you label it. I'm a stuffing guy. Yeah, I'm a stuffing guy actually, and I can eat stuffing, just stuffing, stuff sandwich.
Speaker 2: No, I do not eat you.
Speaker 6: I do not eat turkey or stuffing before Thanksgiving ever, never anything the sliced deli turkey, but not turkey, not the turkey or ham that you you would grill or you get fried turkey. And I won't touch stuffing. I'll do it for the next week after and maybe at Christmas ham and twice baked potato guye Christmas or a prime rib guy turkey.
Speaker 2: I will not.
Speaker 6: You know, companies have like there, like the three days before thanks are on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving or Monday, they'll bring in a pot luck. Everybody bring it in and you haven't the conference room. I've never eaten stuffing, turkey or anything that does with Thanksgiving at those Why why would I ruin? That's like a that's a special occasion. Why am I going to eat stuffing on a Tuesday when I'm gonna turnround you Thursday, Friday, SATs Saturday. It kind of just ruins. It's it's like anti climactic for me, won't I don't eat those not till after Thanksgiving. I'm not ruining my Thanksgiving to eat somebody else's stuffing on a Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: So dressing stuffing same.
Speaker 6: Way, I'm disinterested.
Speaker 2: But on Thanksgiving all over it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'll put their hand right in there, and you you would put your hand where so to get the dog on stuff right out of the turkey? Put that hand in there? Are you in the are in the cutter or out of the cutter? Stuffing?
Speaker 5: Guy, I don't to be honest, cook, I don't cook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel you, but I try to let you cook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do. So when my like when my parents were still alive towards the end of that sounds so bad towards the end of their life. Uh, my dad would always cook right, him and my mom would get up together at like five o'clock in the morning, start due to start. All got to a point where my dad started to struggle physically to get the turkey in and out right. So, uh, just a couple of years ago, they asked me, hey, would you be upset if we didn't cook? And I was like, no, of course not. Whatever's easiest for you guys, because it got to a point where I was having to do every everything, which again was fine, of course, but we started to go hear me out.
Speaker 2: Now I'm with you. I've been to a restaurant Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Started to get the to go meal from cracker barrel that is off the chart.
Speaker 12: Oh my goodness. Yeah, hey yeah, brian A. Yeah, I've been making home for Thanksgiving one year. My mama she ordered me one from.
Speaker 5: There on the barrel. Yes, it was. It is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: My barbarice, my buddy's barbecue place. Uh, Yanni owns the barbecue place.
Speaker 2: On there's two.
Speaker 5: Oh you talked about it last year. Yeah, ye oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: We had to. If you go down Highway, if you go down six ten, it's on the right. Huh just be like two ninety and there's one on is it wes Lynn? Yeah, we talked rich it's Richmond. I think it's rich Richmond. Why am I losing my mind. Yanni owns it. It's when I first moved.
Speaker 5: Here, and that's yeah, and you got you got the meals from there right.
Speaker 2: The create the waterme corn.
Speaker 5: Yes, God, what are we we talked about?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, And I'm telling you if you got if you're not going to cook, pre order it off the chart.
Speaker 5: I remember exactly the conversation we had and you looked we literally mean you looked at then.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't remember. Not Yengling nos a beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know that.
Speaker 6: But what it's Uh, anyway, if you're if you're looking for place, there's a lot of good ones. That's one of them. So I get it. Where you go and get some crack barrel. I'm sure has a great on.
Speaker 5: It's not not man dems right down the road.
Speaker 6: Yanni has this. Uh, he's the owner. And I'm telling you what. It's off the charts. If you're looking for a meal that they can put together, it's delicious, rolls, great turkey, however you want.
Speaker 5: They were sold out last year. Oh yeah, I was gonna get my stuff from there after you told me about it and we couldn't get and I go.
Speaker 6: Get my turkey from Pete's Fine Meats right over here on on Richmond.
Speaker 2: It's a fo Go.
Speaker 6: Into Petez Fine Meats and grab yourself the chocolate chip cookies at the front. I'm just telling you, now, go into Petez Fine Meats over on Richmond. What's that outdoor bar that always over there? That it's it's not far from there. It's at the boat. Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: The boat? You know what's it?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: You don't know?
Speaker 6: You've been here forever. You know, people know what I'm talking about. Over there where not far from where west? No, it's all for Richmond, Richmond. Same thing, yeah, but that that right, Yeah, it's not the same thing because you won't find the place there if you go Sam's Boat or something over in that area. But it's over there Pete's Fine Meats. Go in there and get your turkey, get the chocolate chip cookies to go and and call me up and tell me if you're not going to do that for life off the charts and I get my turkey from there every year.
Speaker 2: Pete's Fine Meats phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Look at it's like a little older that.
Speaker 6: I'm just like looking the best place to cycle whole You going there, and I'm telling you order your turkey and grab about four dozen of those cookies and they'll be gone in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's frigging so good. I'm sorry. So stuffing and dressing, Bonnie Joe's got an answer, real quy for.
Speaker 5: Real quick, Bonnie Bonnie Joe, welcome in. First of all, how are you feeling?
Speaker 10: I'm doing that or I've had a few restrictions lifted, and that's that's good. I'm able to. He's allowing me, my surgeon's allowing me to get out and drive now for short distances that are familiar to me. He just doesn't want me out too long because of like unfamiliar surfaces. He's worried.
Speaker 2: All thought, we think about you often.
Speaker 6: We do think about you often, and there's no better person around than you.
Speaker 2: So we appreciate you still.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I still listen to y'all. Is just calling in. Hasn't been real uh, you know, hasn't been easy for me to do lately, but I wanted to. Okay, So the dressing and stuffing, So, dressing and stuffing are really the same, except dressing you bake in the oven. Right, there's stuff you push into the bird, and I'm sorry I may have missed a little bit of y'all's conversation. I was in and out of my vehicle for a second, but and then I just want to say, y'all don't have to tell me my cowboys are just totally pathetic and I can't even talk about it because they're just until Jerry Jones goes, we're just we're just not ever going to be the.
Speaker 2: Team we need to be, Bonnie Joe.
Speaker 6: For your full peace of mind, just well, let's worry about the cowboys for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You deserve full health. You don't need to think about them.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll take care of them for you for now, okay, do.
Speaker 2: Yes, and happy Thanksgiving to you.
Speaker 10: Thank you into all of y'all too. Y'all are just wonderful and y'all really make our day still. And Paul really really relied on y'all whenever he was uh, you know, full time take being my caregiver.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much, ronor thank you Joe.
Speaker 5: Well, we're glad you're feeling feeling a little bit better, and we hope you get back to full health as soon as you can.
Speaker 2: All right, so yeah, the truth.
Speaker 6: She makes it do that, and that's why I said something, are you in the in the bird stuffing or dressing stuff?
Speaker 2: Pretty much the same, But yeah, man, and you can cook it.
Speaker 6: I like it either way, but I call it stuffing even no matter how it's prepared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, West Coasting. So you don't want to I can get your stuffing sandwich. I don't know I would do it, Poe, don't worry about it. I'm I don't have stuffing it. I'm not ruining Thanksgiving to man. I don't care if the best chef in the world came in here and made it tomorrow until it's Thursday. Boy walks in and says, Sean, I got this custom stuffing sandwich.
Speaker 2: Like today, like next week on a Tuesday's egg on it? Yeah. Yeah, to tell them to Flady's nuts.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, biscuit aging and we see you there, holden, We'll get to you guys next. Seven one three, two on two five seven ninety is the number to join as we roll along right here on seven ninety.
Speaker 6: Hey, trajanwealth dot com local trusted financial fiduciary that has your best interest in mind, and that's what a fiduciary is supposed to do football turnovers cost your team. They do in sports, turning it over unforced airs, but in retirement and your financial wellbeing and your wealth advisor will be there to help you. If it's Trajan wealth, to make sure that in your retirement that you don't turn the ball over. That's why you get out in front of it and prepare for risk tolerance. You prepare for the money that it takes to retire and stay retired, and whatever lifestyle it is you want, you need somebody who has answers for all your questions on a layer of them. It's not just one thing. There's a lot of things that go into it. If you want generational wealth, the four oh one k rollover all these things, and it's good to get started pre retirement so when you get into retirement you can live the life you deserve. You've worked so hard all these years. Let Trasian wealth help you live that life. Go for a free review three four six three seven one thirty three thirty. The Woodlands and Sugarland three four six three seven one thirty three thirty. It's Trajan wealth. Don't turn the ball over in retirement. Let tras Wealth answer those questions you have to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Trasianwealth dot Com, Trasianwealth dot Com, Trajanwealth dot Com Advisory Services off of through Trasian Wealth LLC and SEC Registered Investment Advisor paid advertisement.
Speaker 1: The Shawn Salisbury Show continues.
Speaker 2: No, no, now, you.
Speaker 6: Know, uh, looking forward to seeing how they handle the last six games of the season. You scared, No, okay, I don't get scared very much about anything.
Speaker 5: Let's no stuffing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not scared. I'd buy a dog if I was scared, but I got three of them.
Speaker 5: Well, we adopt, we don't shop.
Speaker 6: Well, you can still well you when you when you adopt a dog, then I'll donate some money for the next time.
Speaker 2: All that. So that's kind of like yeah, like paying forward. Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Seven seven ninety. Let's get back out to the phone lines. Ronnie're up first, Thank you, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 14: It's neither dressing nor stuffing. When you grow up in Texas or in the South and listen to people like my grandma, it's dressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's dressing or stuffing with no g R.
Speaker 14: Yeah, right, absolutely, And then the thing. Bonnie Joe has had a good point. Uh, the dressing or dressing goes that that goes inside the bird is stuffing. But my grandma and my mom would always cook enough. In fact, we use cornbread dressing, and you make your corn bread, you bake it before. But the stuff goes inside the bird is the stuffing, and then the rest of it stays outside and cooks, you know, bakes separately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because something because there's you want more of it because there's not enough room in the bird. Defeed, if you've got big family, so you put the rest. So you're really covering the bull stuffing, stuffing and dressing with bulls. It's just a matter of where it's cooked. To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 14: And when you do stuffing, you got to make sure that your bird is cooked because that's where people can get you.
Speaker 2: Know or whatever.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Almanila, and there was a place in town and I don't know. I think it's still open, but I don't know. They have a sandwich. I think it's place is called Lolas called the Friday After Thanksgiving Sandwich, and it's got everything that you would eat at Thanksgiving on this sandwich and It's fantastic. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I love Annie, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Good points. We'll get some stuffing and dressing. Yeah no, g no on the end, g money, say.
Speaker 5: What do you got cooking on?
Speaker 2: Ade?
Speaker 5: You appreciate you holding good morning?
Speaker 13: Oh man?
Speaker 5: All right, dog, you just wake up or what you crawling out of bed?
Speaker 16: No, I had to go reach by my splip because y'all gave me the munchies with all these things given talking, I don't want to eat you.
Speaker 2: I have a hunch it wasn't us that gave you the munchies.
Speaker 17: Just a hunch, all right, Sean, I'll play with you then I try. Hey, I gotta blame it on somebody.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, brother, I confess we did it. Okay, I confess he did it.
Speaker 17: There you go, Hey at Biden's economy. We gotta blame somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm a Yams man.
Speaker 17: I'm a Yams kind of man as my wife.
Speaker 2: Uh running backs.
Speaker 16: I'm glad y'all were on that situation because I don't know what these coordinators are thinking this week. I guess it was something in the toilet or in the air with coordinators last week, Derrick Henry. He fumbled the ball. Okay, this is Derek Henry. We're talking about fourth down. You need this two point conversion. Where's Dereck Henry on the sidelines?
Speaker 2: Which was baffling to me.
Speaker 6: Even if you don't give it to him, the threat of Derrick Henry has to give you a little more leeway. I don't understand why he wasn't out there exactly.
Speaker 16: You and I vote, and that two yards cost me my perfect pick six in my draft king, But that's another story.
Speaker 7: And then slow it.
Speaker 16: Why are we not giving the ball to Joe out of the backfield. He obviously wants it. We see other running backs do it. Look at San Francisco. If you're mimicking that, come on, man, Joe's the dog. And that's another thing. After that Monday night game, he got on the stage which Scott Van Pelton did his interview, and they went through a couple of questions, and he got to the question, how did y'all get that Detroit lost behind y'all? And Joe looked into the camera and he told us, he said, we shuffled the coaches out of the door.
Speaker 2: I closed the door.
Speaker 16: There were a couple of things said amongst grown men. We got that out of the way. We had a good week of practice and it came out and showed. So if you want to know the dog in the yard, his name is Uncle Joe.
Speaker 2: That's what we call him around here.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna take some of my winnings this week seeing.
Speaker 3: How Uncle Joe and team covered me.
Speaker 7: So me and the baby girl is Wednesday.
Speaker 17: Y'all already know what time it is.
Speaker 2: And for the rest of y'all, Adrian, thank you, Adrian.
Speaker 5: What's better Adrian sign off by saying peace or Larry's all hollow?
Speaker 6: I think we both. I think both of them. Yeah, I think there's room for both. I like them, like the like their signature sign offs. It's pretty no doubt about it. I uh, mixing first down, get him the ball all over the map?
Speaker 2: Does he cook or does he mix? He mixes. He's pretty good at it, too, pretty good at it. Yeah, I think he missed.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how Derrick Henry is not on the field. It goes It goes back to the National Championship Game when Reggie Bush wasn't on the field against Texas. Even if you don't give it to you want to give it to Lendel White. I, oh, it's in everybody's crawls to this day. I was gonna say, does this stick with you always? Yeah, the simple fact that you're so dominant. I don't know how it would have worked out, because if you gave Vince five seconds, he was going down the way he was playing.
Speaker 2: But you at least got to give yourself a chance if you get.
Speaker 6: The first if you give you if you if you get the first down there, Vince doesn't get the chance, then we had to punt him down there. You punt it instead of punted it on fourth down instead of go for it, right, And what do you do? Or I take that back that was fourth down, fourth and if you punt it down there and make him go ninety seven yards instead of but that the way Vince was playing, the twelve people may not have been able to stop him defensively, but at least you take some time off, you may and if you go in there and score ball game over, right, But with not having Reggie Bush on, if.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if he doesn't get it. But even if you.
Speaker 6: Motioned Reggie Butch out, Reggie Bush out and left Lendel White in the backfield as a defense because SC's offense was so explosive that you're right, you have to at least contend with him, Beau, if you're gonna play man coverage on Reggie Butch and space, pretty tough, Pretty tough call. Is the rest dynamic player in college football at that time. I'm talking about during the regular season. So it's the same thing here. You got the biggest beast in football at back and you don't even have to hand it to him, play action him, and everybody's got a respect it on a two point conversion with the.
Speaker 2: Game on the line. Well, it was odd to me, and it's really weird.
Speaker 5: And it's also and that's so Pete Carroll, look what he did in the Super Bowl. How do you not hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch.
Speaker 6: If I can't get half a foot with Marshawn Lynch, I don't deserve to win anyway.
Speaker 5: And go for Malcolm Butler making that play. But damn, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Russ?
Speaker 5: I mean not Russ, Pete.
Speaker 6: Come on, Pete realized how it is to It wasn't just the defense to catch the ball that Malcolm Butler caught, because it was a short throw, and it was that inside hesitation dip underneath and Butler squaded. Normally, that ball hits because it was ripped normally, that ball like a delayed slant inside guy like it's a built in pick you coming. And Butler, they know, practiced against it because they'd seen it. Normally, that ball bounces off your shoulders because it's ripped from like seven yards. It wasn't the wide throw. It was inside, and he still caught it. And you could have just simply if I'm going down, give me at least give me an ore in my hand. And that was the biggest ore in the league that year. With the Marshawn Lynch in the backfield carrying it, it would have ran him on second down, and I would have ran him.
Speaker 2: On thro If I can't get half a foot, we don't win.
Speaker 6: You deserve to win, right And the truth is, even on the fourth down, if you did not want to give it to Marshawn Lynch, who was at his best moving the pocket Russ, why wouldn't I move him, sprint him even fake to Marshawn Lynch, break the edge and if he can't get there, get to the pile. And get out of bounds and we'll do it again, or throw it away and tee it up another down.
Speaker 2: But you gave him one read. Put your foot in the ground. Catch.
Speaker 6: And here's another problem that people don't talk about I've been talking about forever. In the shotgun, you got to catch, feel and throw. Wouldn't you have been better served if you want to run the quick slant like that to take under center so the ball gets you clean, if you want the slight hesitation on that allowed Butler to squad. There's no very few people talk about that. But it's so difficult to catch and get it out on that one, especially if it's the inside because the outside guy dipped inside right. But I don't know why you didn't get into the I know that's we've been talked about Bannon about forever. But if you're the Baltimore Ravens, I can guarant ask to you you will never be in that position again. With Derreck Henry on the side, unless he's not in uniform, why is he on the game? Well, I have zero idea play calls that. Damn Well, no, he didn't beg out of it.
Speaker 5: Seems pretty pretty pretty too cute it's pretty uh simple to get his ass on the field right, and the Texans are going to have to improve on first tun Yeah, they're just seven one, three, five seven. I will continue to take her calls. Just get to get to the next segment, talk about those Texans on Sports Talk seven to eighty.
Speaker 4: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued, Biscuit, thank you for rolling.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 8: In the morning, my brothers, helima. I will confess over there radio right now that I don't as an African American, I don't know what the world you'll talk about when you'll say stuffing, don't know nothing about it?
Speaker 7: What are you no clue?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: So y'all call dressing it sirs?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: And look at it, shine. You want to see a good fight, go about Mickey's on next Wednesday and try to get some food upbout it there showing where where is this Mickey's over there for Westville from the fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you got no shot to get in is what you're saying.
Speaker 7: You ain't got no shot. Now you got no shot. You did it about two hours. Try to get your food, man. That's how pactice is gonna be. And I heard a call early. Talk about yams. I just told you about three or four times, hying you ain't never lived. Yeah, some yams from Mickey's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've matter of fact, every year at this time you remind us that's where we need to go. But we're gonna be standing in a line for a hell of a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's too late. Now you try to get some yeahs too. They should have got it last.
Speaker 6: So biscuit, let me ask you, though, with those yams? What's in them? I mean, is it the brown, brown sugar? What?
Speaker 10: What? What?
Speaker 2: What? What are they doing with it?
Speaker 7: I think it's all in the blue. I think it's all the man. But it's it's almost like a dessert.
Speaker 6: Whatever it is, you don't give a rats ass. It's just so good. You don't care what.
Speaker 2: I'm I hear you.
Speaker 7: A circle back. We talked our commerdence about theon Do you know something about a recruit, the number one quarterback recruit that was supposed to be going to USC and he didn't decommit it, and now the word is that he might be trying to go to Colorado. You know anything?
Speaker 6: I know, I know I've heard the same thing. I don't even know what the quarterback's name is.
Speaker 5: Julian Lewis.
Speaker 2: Is that who it is?
Speaker 6: You're talking about the high school you're talking about the high school kid there was an early commit to Southern cal and is now decommitting and considering Colorado, right so he Uh, let's see. Yeah, I know the kid's name. I have not coached him or I've heard of him, and I've seen a few highlights of it. Yeah, he's a number one quarterback in the country, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he he's uh yeah, the number.
Speaker 2: He's like this year's Dominic Ryola guy.
Speaker 5: He's the number two player, uh and quarterback in the twenty twenty five class. He d committed from USD. There's rumors that he's either going to go to Colorado or Georgia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I would imagine he's going to wait to see what Dion does. Right, but hasn't been outside the kickstands down that he's staying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Why you got to say that, Sean.
Speaker 2: Just in case, you know, during recruiting season you're staying.
Speaker 6: Man, well and tell somebody Florida State offers me twenty million or whatever, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 7: But with the I guess you probably can go wait him through Florida state.
Speaker 6: Of Oh yeah, you can make that flip in two seconds flat, no question about it.
Speaker 7: Well, I will say this is Sean about Dion and I think that's the reason why I think he's gonna stay in college. Is I think diones his ministry work with the young fellas. And I will say this Shani. In the early nineties, it was a men's conference I went to in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome and it was over forty thousand brothers there, right, and the keyno, the master of ceremony was Deon Sanders. So he's kind of you know, if you watch some of the clips with the kids, he's playing some Kurry Franklin's paying he's talking about all the stuff he went through, all the trials and tribulation and trying to get them to you know.
Speaker 2: You know he could. Yeah, he stayed away from those pitfalls, no question, right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I think he sees that his ministry work for the young fellas.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: So, I mean that's just another nugget to look into it, you know, far because if he goes to the NFL, it may be a different crowd. He's trying to talk to me.
Speaker 6: And you know in hearing his past that the NFL doesn't actually appeal to him as much because of that very reason about who he's speaking to. And when half the roster's making more money in the coach right, there is no doubt about that. So that does matter to him. And in truth, the difference he's made, he's filling up buildings and recruit all that stuff because of the message he's sending that's not just football, right, and it's paying off for him in Colorado, and what an epic turnaround for the program. And he's got those guys solidified right now in a great position. That's a good point by you. College feels like where he's supposed to be. We'll see if money makes him something different or if the NFL really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Appeal to him.
Speaker 6: I'm anxious to see if if both come at him in the off season and what he does with it.
Speaker 7: If you get his son, that'd be hard to pass.
Speaker 2: Out well, that he will call that ministry work. Yeah, I'll get to continue to get my son, no doubt, no doubt about.
Speaker 7: It, Bess.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I wouldn't blame him would you. I mean, is there anything to be able to coach your kid for the next fifteen years after he leaves college.
Speaker 2: What a blessing?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 6: So there you go, man, there you go. Okay, I'll stand in line till Christmas. Dog, thank you. I appreciate you rather that thank you. Yeah, he's been every year. Yeah, he lets it know, he goes. I don't know what's in it, man, I could. It's good, So it's gonna make it worth it. I am going to do it because a good yam slash sweet but thea whatever you call him right mixed in with some brown sugar. I don't know what would all put him. But I tell you what, and you can't eat it is dessert.
Speaker 5: There you go over you go over there and get you go over to Mickey's and get you. Get you some AM's. I'm gonna head to the gas station. Give me a Mickey's forty so later.
Speaker 6: All right, you could also go to Mickey D's. No you couldn't. No, I could. I brought meal prep.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, you're big Mickey D's goat. Oh I'm not You're not? No? Why not? No? Okay?
Speaker 6: It hits sometimes thought you gotta admit me, And it does hit once in a while.
Speaker 5: McDonald's breakfast does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, McDonald's breakfast. What I'm talking about, I want to talk about Micky. He's not talk about McDonald's breakfast. That's why you stayed away from it, exactly. I'm talking about McDonald's. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mcdonald'sreakfast does hit sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Really with a little hashy. Yeah, you have to have the hashy, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Felipe, welcome in.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning fellas.
Speaker 18: Hey, uh, I mean since a Monday night's game, I haven't really heard much about the old line. I want to know y'all guys take on it, because I feel like it's been improving over the past few games.
Speaker 9: But you know, I haven't really heard anybody give it a grade or anything like that. I just wanted to get your take on that.
Speaker 18: And also, when it comes to stuffing or dressing, dressing you make in a pan, it's the same thing.
Speaker 9: Stuffing you stuff in the bird, stuff in the bird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's the same thing. It's just how it's cooked.
Speaker 18: Yeah, But does it bother you all that it's two different names when it's the same product.
Speaker 2: It doesn't bother me.
Speaker 6: Because the stuff I put in the oven is still stuffing and the stuff I put in the bird is still stuffing. So to me, they're both the same and only I mean, I'm not saying, well, this is dressing because we cooked it here. I get why we change the name, but to me, it's gonna taste exactly the same.
Speaker 2: It tastes exactly the same.
Speaker 9: Right, we come up with two different names for the same product.
Speaker 2: Man, you know it's it's it's crazy. I'm with you, but I know I'm gonna eat the hell out of it come next Thursday. I promise you that.
Speaker 5: Thanks, hang on, hold on stuffs, bro. So yeah, yeah, I got your ass. Yeah I knew it was coming. Yeah, there, you do appreciate it. We put cranberry sauce on your sandwich. Bit, cranberry sauce on the sandwich, and ruin it.
Speaker 1: No, ruin it.
Speaker 2: Room for bull. There's room for bull.
Speaker 6: There. There's the sandwich. There's this sandwich. There's the sandwich of whether it's a Hawaiian roll, whatever it is you're doing with your either the French roll whatever it is, or just regular wheatbread or white bread.
Speaker 2: It's got to be racist, right, White bread is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't expect anything your ass anyway. So you go on one sandch. You got the mash, but you put mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, whatever it is, and then I get it. But the real sandwich is turkey, little salt, and pepper, lettuce. If you want cheese on it, go ahead, but I wouldn't put cheese on because then I put stuffing and cranberry sauce, little thin, thin crisp lettuce. Cut that bitch in half and let's go. Yeah, cranberry, that's not very Believe you gotta put mayo on it.
Speaker 2: You absolutely have to. Yeah, you gotta put mayo on it.
Speaker 6: Mayo, cranberry sauce, stuffing, turkey, salt, pepper, lettuce.
Speaker 2: There's like three different sashes. You'd have.
Speaker 6: Open face on their ass too if you want, YEA will be on fire, but I will definitely. You gotta have a little mayo, and you got a salt and pepper, and you gotta have lettuce, and you gotta stuff and you gotta have cranberry sauce, and you gotta.
Speaker 2: Have the turkey shot.
Speaker 11: I was with you all the way to the Mayo.
Speaker 6: Gotta gotta go mad I was rocking. You gotta go Mayo, dude, or it's dry. Even the stuff got added. You know, you don't have to put a lot on thin layered on both sides of the bread. Got to there you go. I'll get the step. And if you've got a.
Speaker 5: Problem with it, I don't have a problem with it, you can. You can make whatever sandwich you want. I'm just not going to be eating that. Okay, what you're saying, tell me you mean like for the day after Thanksgiving? Well that night, uh wait, till the next day, the night of Thanksgiving, I'm just gonna make myself another plate.
Speaker 2: Go another plate?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just another plate.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you go sandwich, what do you what do you?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: Do you don't really make turkey sandwiches for after Thanksgiving? I just make another plate.
Speaker 6: Well then you you know what, you're like the guy who says I don't want this person to win and then you don't vote.
Speaker 2: You don't have it. You do not have a voice in this Yeah, you can't have a sandwich voice.
Speaker 5: Sandwich eat Sean. That's the thing about the show Man is is we're all in this level again, so we all get a view, get it? Right right, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're providing you for the fan, the seat at the table. I just you had me until you said sandwich.
Speaker 5: No, you had me until you said cranberry. I'll put the mail, the lettuce, the stuffing. I'll put all that bad boy on a sandwich.
Speaker 6: Is that little bit of sweet cranberry that goes on there, I'm I'm it's actually probably nerving.
Speaker 5: You probably put miracle whip on your sandwiches.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't miracle. Hell, no, that's not male. That's nasty. Yeah, you probably salad dress that twang on that little male.
Speaker 6: But no, no, you gotta you gotta go cranberry sauce to You gotta try it once and come see me just once. And I'm not talking about the kind of big old ones that jiggle out of a can.
Speaker 2: I thought about the real crass.
Speaker 6: You know, the thing that sits there, jiggles on the plate, jell. I think, No, you got to do it right, dude. It's the it's the one with little cranberries. Anything you don't do the one where it jiggles out like somebody's got a fat ass. Okay, it's like a like a slinky Okay, now I'm talking about real cranberry sauce that's done right and it's cold out of the refrigerator. Come see me, dude. I'll make you sounds. It'll set you, set you back about a decade. Oh you make you want to slap your grandma? Okay exactly like it's like, oh hell yeah, Okay, I ain't bullgiving either. Recognize you can bring one in for us, you know what, if you really want, and I'll bring you in one the next week.
Speaker 2: But that's what we'll be back Monday. That'll be just.
Speaker 5: About the expore off Thanksgiving in black Friday, but.
Speaker 2: You're also Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then Monday. That's a long time time. Well, you didn't kill you with bachelism. Okay, there you go, there you go. Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 5: Uh seven seven ninety is the number to join. Let's uh, let's look at that offensive line for the Texans and the adjustments that have been made over the last two weeks. That's an next on sports Stock seven ninety and.
Speaker 2: Men's TA Clinic.
Speaker 6: You know anything about Men's TA clinic, you better recognize men'st clinic dot com. November November Health also a Mental Health Awareness Month at twenty five dollars T tests UH for new patients and you you guys that are continued patients, there are still patients of UH and go on into a Men's T clinic.
Speaker 2: Perfect time to tell your friends about it. Life changer.
Speaker 6: Brian and I I've been talking about it as many others have, about just how over the last ten years they had their tenure anniversary this past summer, how good Men's Tea Clinic is and what they're doing to change lives with their wellness optimization team and not just your sexual wellness, your full body wellness. And with November being November and Mental Health Awareness Month as well, they're bringing awareness to stuff that we definitely need help to. So when it comes to Men's T Clinic and you're thinking, oh, I can get physically right in the sheets and mental hellness from head to mental wellness from head to toe, but what about the Mental Health Awareness Month? It's important and Men's te Clinics right at the forefront of it doing everything they can to get your energy back, gets you out of low gear, Go in, draw a little blood and it's not invasive and by the end of the day you'll understand where your numbers are so you can start to normalize. And when you normalize it, life changes. The energy's back and you're back to being used. So get out a lower gear. You don't have to settle for low testosterone. And this is an important month. Make sure you share it with others. November is winding down. Don't take it for granted, and don't wait till January. It's Men's ta Clinic dot com, Men's ta Clinic dot com or nine to seven to go Men's Tea.
Speaker 2: Let them know. Sean Sencha.
Speaker 4: War Sean Salisbury on Sports Talk seven ninety where Astros and Rockets play at Real Texans.
Speaker 5: Talk before we get into that nine o'clock hour. The adjustments that were made. Jared Patterson now the starting center, Juice Scruggs moved over to guard. It seems like the offensive line for the Texans has been better over the last two weeks since that changes been.
Speaker 2: This Felipe's question, right, yeah, Felipe, right, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's any doubt whether it was a sense of urgency and just the timing of it that an injury this happens, that they're like tired of being Remember I tell you, like anything, Brian, if you get punched in the face enough, you either better respond or you're no offensive line, right. I mean, that's just the way it is. And that bit a nasty that I don't want a country club offensive line. I want to fistfight down in dirty offensive lin That makes sense, yeah, And so with it, it feels like they're tired of being the weakness of the team. And the last two weeks, even though two weeks ago against Detroit a good football team, four sacks, but they've gotten better and they controlled for the most part. Michael Parsons, didn't take the game over, didn't wreck the game by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: So with that in mind, they are getting better.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Is it coincidence or is it embarrassed that they're like, we got to do better.
Speaker 6: They've been really good in the run game Detroit, notwithstanding, when mixing is in the game, it's that's their staple. Right now, get him going and he is responding with offensive MVP on this team play. He's been their best offensive player. So with it, now you had Nico back to it. All this, what I'm saying is makes your offensive line better as long as Bobby will get change the launch point, quick game throw on first down, run on third and three. You don't have to throw it all the time on third down if you don't get it image, why didn't you throw it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Sometimes, hey man, you spread them out and you got five in the box, verse your five. Let's run in a little bit and let him do his thing and bring his own blaw. I do believe they've gotten better, and I don't think it's coincidence. I think part of it is just if you and I were going enough for getting hit in the face, I gotta fight back, right so with that, and let me say something that I hate. You know, I know how hard it is to play in the league. It's hard, and we said that. I don't need to preface that, but it is hard. No need to qualify it. But the truth of the matter is is and I hate saying it because he's injured and you want him to get healthy and hopefully I'll come back, excuse me, even a better player, But Kenyan Green cannot play that position right now. If he was healthy, it was gonna you were gonna have to move him out of there regardless. Yeah, And like I said, it's a bummer because it's magnified because he's hurting. Nobody get healthy quick and come back and even and be the first round guy that people expected. Right But even if he was healthy, you had it because he was he was getting walked back into quarterbacks and injury. Notwithstanding, they're better at the guard position right now because you just can't. I mean, what's my guy's name in uh, Quinn Williams. Yeah, many times? Then do it with the Jets. I mean you push, they're moving it and like I said, it's not personal. It's just the fact that he was overwhelmed too much this year. Now maybe a step back with his injury and how was this what second injury in the last two years, right, Brian, where he's got to get back into you know what, what made what made him a first round pick in the first place. But in the meantime, by moving it around, they're they're a better team. They are better up front and at some point in time, you either got to learn your lesson you're gonna get replaced. Forget the injury part right now. So I do think they're better and as far as ranking them, we're not going to mistake them for the best offensive line in the league right now.
Speaker 2: But they can if you improve and give CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud the protection he deserves and Bobby Slow protects you as an offensive line with Joe Mixon, they can't help it get better. And they really did need a change at that guard position, and quite frankly, they got one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jared Patterson played well last year, did not start this year, comes in the center and he's done a good job over the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: I think they were going to make the full time change at least this year. Injury or not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do to me all right, or I would have right. It's just a bummer that Kenyon Green got hurt because it is a depth issue. Now it creates a depth issue. But they are better. The five guys are better right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are. They've they've done they've done better over the last two weeks. Let's take a look at the updated college football playoff rankings as we get in the nine o'clock hour right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety KBMS.
Speaker 4: Houston HD two Houston, a heart radio station, the Astros, the Rockets, Rockets Basketball, your home for your home teams.
Speaker 2: This is Sports Talk seven ninety Saulsbury O Salby Houston. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Sean Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc true longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 4: Ryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salsbury Show.
Speaker 5: You can also listen to us on the free iHeartRadio app. Shawn Salisbury, Brian Limo, Manuel Elmore Rockets and Pacers tonight at Toyota Center, seven pm. Tip off, six o'clock launch pad right here on seven on your home four. Rockets Basketball Alex Bregman rejecting the Astros qualifying offer, Jets fire their general manager. Going to talk about the college football playoff rankings. Oregon, Ohio State, Texas, Penn State, Indiana. That's your top five? They all stayed the same. Then it's Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, Ole, Miss Georgia, Tennessee, and Boise State Tennessee dropping four spots, Boise State going up one BYU lost, They dropped eight spots to number fourteen. Seawan got Texas A and AM at number fifteen, and then college drop dates BYU.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was going say they That was a devastating loss for them. A tough one, tough tough canvas. Yeah, and you know what going into the season. Remember Kansas, they've done they've turned this program around, right, but this year they've struggled. But you know, if you go in there and you're like, eh, and I think they got beaten Provo too. If it was in I think it was in BYU's on home?
Speaker 2: Am I right? Did they they play in in Provo?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That and that doesn't happen very often. That's a hard place to play, and Kansas rolls in. I can understand. Going to Lawrence, it's like, Okay, this team's gotten better over the last two or three years. They're well coached. But I'll be damned, man, that's thirteen points home. It's going to cost them a trip to the twelve. It just is they stay undefeated, they end up in the top ten even closer and get a good seed, and now it's going to cost them. And you cannot lose focus for one second, let alone on the road, but in your own building. All right, let me going through this, go through your the top fifteen, starting at one, and let's say who's got the did you go through the statue? You already named them? All right, you're good to go. I've been thinking about this and when we sent the notes last night and then this morning of in your mind and this is no Hey, listen, if these teams have played well, they deserve to be there, even the teams that we didn't call power, the teams that we expected in LSU after the first week of the season, think how we felt, well, LSU will come back around. In USC looks like a real winner. They can't sniff that they're awful. LSU has gone into the gone into the tank. We look at the Florida. Florida's getting better, they're keeping napier. They're not going with Florida State horrible season. So now let's go with the first fifteen or if you want to go twenty, I don't care. Let's go twenty. I don't care. Start at number one and tell we'll both say who's got a legitimate is this team got a legitimate shot to win the whole thing, meaning you've got to go through the whole thing. And while we respect what they've done, do you really think that Boise State can beat Georgia's those type of thought. You you got to win what Florida win the title pretty unless you're a bye. If you're at the Bayo three if you're not four, right, all right, So let's assume, because we're obviously going to say that the teams at the top have a legit shot. But let's roll through and say, okay, I'm talking about you bet your money on that they can win the thing. So Oregon's number one. They legitimate shot. Ohio State for sure, best roster in the country. Texas, Oh, no question yet, Penn State. I need to make sure that Texas, though against good teams, has fast starts. Yeah, okay, Penn State. Yes, defense is really good they get. I love how innovative their play caller. Is possibly overvalued offensively at four, but maybe a little overvalued. Can they win the whole thing? Yes, they can go on a three or four game win Indiana. I want to say yes, But Brian, here's my and I think they're one of the greatest stories in football. And I love signeting, I love their coaching, I love everything about what they're doing. But do I think they can Let's say they ran into Oregon, Georgia and Texas. However it shakes out, Yeah, and then they'd have to in another one and another one. I just don't think depth the constant of four top ten teams. I don't think they can, but I think they're the best story in college football. They're ten and zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Indiana can roll off four.
Speaker 6: And I think they can beat a good team in the first round ninety two, but I think the physicality portion of it to roll through four, that's my point. If you said, is sing one game, oh they can beat anybody. Oh yeah, but to do four, I'm gonna say. I'm actually going to say they could win their first round, but I don't think they can get through four weeks of it. I think that's a really really difficult thing to do for anybody that's gonna do it.
Speaker 5: But if you look at the teams that are at the top, Oregon, Ohio State, Texas, Penn State, just those four, they are built.
Speaker 6: They're equipped for it. Yeah, they're equipped to roll through. Love what Indiana is doing and if they hey.
Speaker 5: If they do, it'll just continue on the story because what they've done so far football is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: And it does pain me that to say that, but that's just my realistic approach. Okay, who's Notre Dame. No, absolutely not four games. While I love the program. I don't think they're I mean, it's Notre Dame. They're not good enough to win for in a row against the teams they would have to play Alabama number seven. Yeah, now inconsistent, But I'm going to tell you the quarterback goes on a heater.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's freaking really good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, but put it this way, trepidation. It's not on the typical well say boom, let's go new coach there. Even though I think Kaitlyn de Bor is really good and the quarterback is dynamic and precise when he's on good and deep ball thrower, I'd say yes, But I don't think they're going to win the national title. But yes, you have to because the quarterback. You got that guy, You got a chance. Miami number eight, they got that guy a quarterback. But they turn the ball over at times and the times they have to come, I mean, they put themselves in position to have to win close games late. You run into Texas, you run into Oregon, You're not gonna be in that position. They got to start faster and quit putting themselves in and saying, hey, Ward, go win the same force. At the end, Yes they can, but you don't get to be two touchdowns behind against Georgia in the fourth quarter and think you're gonna beat that defense. So yes, but kind of like Penn State, Yes, a little bit of trepidation and Alabama, but they can number nine Ole Miss.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 6: I want to say yes, I do because I love Jackson Dart and I think that Lane Kiffen's Kiffen's a brilliant play caller. My concern is are they physical enough now if you say let's line up and play seven on seven? Hell yeah, and that feels like it's disrespectful to ole Miss. I think they're one of the sneaky teams that can win it all. Anything past number seven or eight. I think they're one of those teams because Jackson Dart goes on a heater look out because he can kill you both ways.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say kind of, I wouldn't bet on it.
Speaker 5: Can I think I win the big game?
Speaker 2: Well, he did it, He's already done it. Who do you who is that against?
Speaker 6: Was it Georgia out of Georgia then in a couple of weeks ago in their building, meaning in in uh Oxford.
Speaker 2: No, they'd be at home.
Speaker 5: So yes, they can Tennessee just lost.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yes, they can, but my concern would be if you have to take on four physical teams, can you can you gut that out for four straight weeks and that receiver's.
Speaker 2: Got to be healthy.
Speaker 5: Georgia number ten?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and oh I do go to play well.
Speaker 6: No, but you said can they? I don't think they're going to win the national title. If they're in the playoffs, they're the most dangerous team.
Speaker 18: That why.
Speaker 6: We do know that Carson Beck has the ability to do it. He has just been fairly awful in big games this year.
Speaker 2: So can they?
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't think they're winning the national title this year. But because their defense is so nasty and they are so they can run the football. Now, what happens if he starts playing like he did when he got the job. I'm talking about good stuff, that's right.
Speaker 2: So can they?
Speaker 6: Yes, But this team, it's weird that we're saying I have one concern about them. It's Quarterback's the quarterback who was supposed to be a top five pick going into the season.
Speaker 2: I couldn't take him in the top five.
Speaker 6: Right now, he's gonna He's got an excellent chance down the stretch to make up four.
Speaker 2: In scouts minds, and in this it'd be a.
Speaker 6: Hell of a comeback by him to come back and play out of his mind these last few games and then go win the national title and play well. I don't think they're going to but it's Georgia. They are loaded, and their defense is nasty, but it all contines. I trust Jackson, I trust about eight quarterbacks in this thing more than I do him right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and more than I trust Carson Back. I think the same thing goes for Tennessee. Their quarterback two inconsistent. Yeah, and they're coming at number eleven.
Speaker 6: Great, great team. I mean, play fast, explosive, finesse, they do it all. I just don't know if they can handle. I feel like I'm watching it's Ole Miss and Tennessee. Feel like they're in the same cat. It's great quarterback talent can they handle?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: It depends on who their draw is, right, But I'm gonna say Tennessee talent wise, yes, I don't think they can roll through four straight either. And to me a year from now, when that quarterback's back again next.
Speaker 5: Year, yeah, twelve is Boise State.
Speaker 2: No, I just there.
Speaker 6: I just think the attrition of beat down by physical teams. But boy, i'd be fun to watch them win a couple and watch that running back.
Speaker 5: I think they can win a couple.
Speaker 2: Oh I do too.
Speaker 6: And here's the key, and they can throw it pretty well their quarterback. The key for them is you're gonna have to shorten games against the Georgia's and Texas is the world and you're gonna don't be surprised. Remember when we saw Derek Henry get forty carries. I can back to back weeks when he was last year at Alaman went forty and forty four carries. You're gonna have to see that from genty to go do it. Because if you just if all of a sudden you go three and out, three and out, three and out, and you said we're gonna get into a passing fancy, yeah, you're gonna got no shot.
Speaker 2: You have to not just lean on him.
Speaker 6: You have to say ten dudes jump on his back and let's go. Yeah, that's how you win win a game. Yes, Crown National Champions. I don't think the talent for talent, there's enough there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's look at we've got thirteen through twenty to look at because there's some big time programs in these spots that obviously the SEC is gonna probably come down to the Texas and Texas A and mgame, Colorado is gonna probably be in the Big twelve title game. Clemson is still kind of staying around. Then of course there's.
Speaker 2: Nine to oh, Army can't wait to talk about the other seven.
Speaker 5: So let's let's look at those other seven or eight teams that are vying to get into the Top twelve. That is next right here on the Shaun Salisbury Show. Kobe Stevens Golf Apparel at Kobe Stevens dot com. You stepped outside this morning, it was windy, that cold front coming in. It was a little chilly. Well, you know what you need to do. You need to go over to Kobe Stevens dot com and get yourself a hoodie or a quarter zip from Kobe Stevens Golf Apparel. And you can also save thirty percent off your order using the code thanks thirty. Again, that code is thanks thirty. It's gonna get you thirty percent off your order when you get over to Kobe Stevens dot com. So take advantage of the sale and take advantage edge of that outer re section with the hoodies and quarters zips to keep you warm during the quarter months here in the city of Houston. They've also got polos, hats, T shirts, pants, shorts, joggers, ladies line, a youth line, and a super savings section up to seventy five percent off in that section right now, there's also you've got some holiday shirts that are going to be up on the website as well, with the holidays right around the corner. Get over to Kobe Stevens dot com. Use that promo code thanks thirty for thirty percent off. It's Kobe Stevens Golf Parrel Kobe Stevens dot com.
Speaker 2: This is Sports Talk.
Speaker 4: Seven ninety Home up the Rockets, Astros and the best line up in Houston Sports.
Speaker 5: Now back to Sean Salisbury Kenneth, welcome in.
Speaker 13: Hey, I would ask just y know something do you think you should do if Sanders is going to drop?
Speaker 2: I'll he's a surprisely go.
Speaker 19: Up proudly within the three pigs and uh what in if you're a team he may go to You know, does look like if this guy e would get a lion that can block eat a fair line because he seemed like a wizard with that ball and able to move around.
Speaker 7: You know, I want to see what you talked about that right there.
Speaker 2: Uh well, Kenneth, we appreciate the call.
Speaker 6: I can tell you this, if the draft's held today, that's the best quarterback in America is shed Or Sanders, and with that offensive line hitting him, and they've gotten a little bit better, but the guy's been fantastic.
Speaker 2: He just hass Now, we know how the off season goes.
Speaker 6: Guys in shorts and a T shirt that go to the combine and have their personal workout. We've seen it with Zach Wilson do something spectacular and all of a sudden, people get a wild hair and they draft somebody really really high because well they love him in shorts and a T shirt and seen enough on tape to say I can fix him and make him great. Well, Sanders, you don't need to fix he can rip it. His numbers validated. He's on a Colorado team that quite frankly isn't It doesn't get the same people that Georgia or Alabama or Texas or Southern col get. But they you know, they've got the best football player in America in Hunter and the best quarterback in America. Bull should be top right now. I don't see how you wouldn't take either one of them in the top five, six, seven picks. And even if you didn't think shad Sanders was a top five pick, the deal is there's going to be enough teams that need him. The Giants, it seems legit. What about the Raiders grabbing the Shaduar Sanders today? If the draft happened, Shaduer Sanders would and I think should be the first quarterback off the board. I'm not sure I'd hesitate right now. A lot of things can happen, you know. But he has delivered the ball with accuracy and is fantastic. He really has been so and their team is climbing. So if he just does what he does now, I'm not sure that you have to worry about him climbing. I just think necessity alone makes him the top five pick. How often do we go through the first five or six picks and teams need quarterbacks and you pass on a quarterback? Rare? Right, So I'm going to say today that most would have Shadur Sanders as the top player at that position in America. NFL Prospect now, who knows how he's developed and what kind of coaching he's going to get and how good he'll be when he gets to the NFL. But all indications from what I've watched this year, there are some good ones that with the proper coaching, could be manned up having a phenomenal career. Quinn yours, he's got sarc here. I mean, Carson Beck's better than he's played. I believe you know you look at some of these players, But in truth, I think NFL with Jackson Dart He's not as big as some of these guys, but a hell of a playmaker. I actually think when it comes to first round quarterbacks, this is a fairly weak class. I do. Now, if you grab one of those guys who was supposed to be a let's say Beck goes in the second round, you may end up getting a bargain if he plays better like he did when he.
Speaker 2: Got the job. Right.
Speaker 6: So there, But as far as top ten quarterbacks, need will determine that you may overdraft a quarterback in this draft. Why because you're in desperation of a quarterback, right, and there's good ones. I'm not saying taking a guy in the first round that should have been a second rounder. But if you take a guy who is a third rounder and put him at bottom of the first, that's a bit of a reach, right. But in the top of the first, there may be so many needs that a guy who would normally be taken twenty one or twenty five gets taken tenth. But to me, Shador Sanders is the class of this class right now as far as an NFL prospect goes at that. And he's not even the best player on his own team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Travis Hunter is.
Speaker 2: That's the damn right again, But it just depends on the need.
Speaker 6: Now, if you're fortunate enough that you had two high picks and you could steal both.
Speaker 2: Of them, yeah, well wouldn't that be nice? Oh god?
Speaker 6: But Sanders is the best quarterback in America in my opinion NFL prospect why draft eligible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: I think the class has gotten weaker. Honestly, I don't think it's a great class this year.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 6: Now that doesn't mean a third round is not gonna end up being an MVP in the league. But I'm just talking about on first round draft, top fifteen picks right now. Need I actually think need for the team is going to outweigh how many guys should I think you're risky if you take three or four guys in the top fifteen picks at quarterback this year today. Maybe it changes in four weeks, maybe we see something and say, okay, that's the guy.
Speaker 2: Finally get into it. To me right now.
Speaker 6: If you don't take Shador Sanders as your first quarterback, I don't know. If it's the first pick of the draft, your first quarterback, I think you're probably you may be fooling us on something we don't know about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's I think he is the best prospect and he should be the first quarterback taking whenever that is, Yeah, no doubt. Let's get Let's take a look at teams thirteen through twenty, SMU coming at number three.
Speaker 6: And so this is a team that's got a chance, we think has a legitimate chance that can win the national time. Not that they're not good, but to go through four games of these type of teams, Yeah, SMU, we.
Speaker 2: Talked about Arkansas.
Speaker 6: You want to talk about another team that you better keep an eye on for for nil and collective that money around that area, the Highland Park area and that lower green money.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, private school and they're well coached. They are.
Speaker 6: They can definitely upset a good team. Can't win four straight. I don't think right now, No, I don't think. I don't think in the playof so I would say no, not this year. But I sure love watching them play.
Speaker 5: B YU at number fourteen. Absolutely not Texas A and M at fifteen, No, not enough.
Speaker 6: You know why they don't. They don't pass. They don't throw the ball well enough to win a national title. Yeah, PLAYMAK and Beacha because they're physical and they're getting in their defense. They are, They're just not They're not explosive enough offensively to beat four really good teams that match their explosiveness and also can throw the ball better.
Speaker 2: I can't see it.
Speaker 5: One week it's Connor Wegman starting, the next it's Marcel Reid.
Speaker 2: I mean they they.
Speaker 6: Don't throw the ball well left right now? Oh they sure do now, I asked am I saying that they can't go and beat some people, and hell yeah, and that's gonna. I cannot wait till the Texas, Texas A and M game. Cannot wait.
Speaker 2: But I don't think the Tech Night game too.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think Texas, Texas, A and M can roll through four of them.
Speaker 5: Six thirty they announced the kickoff time. Yeah, I would rather have it in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a night game. Yeah, but that's okay.
Speaker 5: Let's go Colorado number sixteen.
Speaker 6: Colorado's dangerous. They're not going to be physical enough to handle somebody who can who limits uh possessions with Shador Sanders. I think it's a hell of a story. And they're really good. They're not fake. They're really good. They're not good enough to win four either. Clemson No, South Carolina absolutely no. And then Army number nineteen, great story and they could they could set somebody on their ear with the option. Yeah, they can't win. They're just they're just gonna be Oh yeah, they're just gonna be undersized. I can't do it, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: And then number twenty two Lane No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: Kudos to Tulane losing your coat, it was a damn good one and still being able to do this. Yeah, it's a good watch man. Tulane's really done some good things these last few years, and they are really good. But no, they can't if they get in they can't win the national TWN. They can't beat the Georgias of the world or Organs four straight games not gonna happen.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 5: A really good story in college football this year is Arizona State. Remember they had all the sanctions, they had players that were ineligible for a former coordinator and all that for a bowl season and things like that, all the fire, you know, the Herman Edward. They had to overcome a lot of stuff. The last couple of years. They just received rankings. They are now number twenty one in the nation. Great story, It's a frigging great story coach, no question about it. And good for the program and it's it's it's.
Speaker 6: Enticing to see them play, really really good for because going in most people thought of the other Arizona team was going to be the one that was ranked higher than them, even though they lost their coaching staff to University of Washington. Yeah, I'm impressed with the way Arizona State's plan and that bodes well because if you're a recruiting and you go to Arizona State sneaky recruiting grounds because of where they are.
Speaker 2: Sneaky, that's a great place.
Speaker 6: But people like East of the MISSIPI don't quite get it right. If you're here towards the west coast or you understand why that's a and you know what, I think it's.
Speaker 2: Also probably a sneaky nil place.
Speaker 6: I would think you know that you could get somebody to go there, if you're willing to dig in, I think you could.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 6: The difference is that we were talking about the deep pockets of a place like Arkansas because of the corporate America that's there and SMU, which has got every rich gas and oil lawyer at SMU, and the private school that is SMU. But I'm going to tell you what I think Arizona State can be significant. And when I played at sc Arizona State was a national They were frigging They had like eight or nine guys drafted off defense in nineteen eighty two. They were frigging loaded. Yes, they got Jim jeffco They were frigging loaded.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: And you know Paul Moyer who became a teammate of mine in Seattle. They had players everywhere. But they they're back and you know what, remember where Jayden Dangill started his career as on the state. Yeah, yeah, and so they and you can get a Scottsdale top ranked type quarterback to go play there, keep him at home, right, So yeah, that's impressive, But they're not winning the national title this year either.
Speaker 2: They're not going to get in. Unfortunately, they're just too far behind.
Speaker 5: Another good story, UNLV number twenty four in the nation after their punk ass quarterback decided to up and quit on the team and they're still there. Transfer Portal are eight and two.
Speaker 6: Do you know how many years UNLV's been trying to sustain good football play honesty guy without with with really quite frankly stadium, bad facilities, But there's so much money there. That's one of those places that if you frequent, even if you're not an alumni, if you frequent there, with all the money that's there, you say, you know.
Speaker 2: What, I'm going to games.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give some mone I'm gonna give a million dollars to them because I like the casino owner and this is my place. That may be one of those Now, I don't know how it's going to turn off.
Speaker 2: They keep winning. Dude, you should have an abundance of money you would.
Speaker 6: Think to steal somebody say you know, I'm gonna go to Arizona State or Oregon and then all of a sudden, you pop is saying in a quarterback, I got something special for you. We got three million dollars, three million reasons why this may be a better place for you. And the fact that now they're winning makes it more enticing. Who doesn't want to go there? And honestly, if you're the intrigue of the even if you're a guy, some of the kids Westy or have never been to Vegas in their life. No, I actually think that's a sneaky Well, there was a time when you ATLV was a power basketball power Rebels said, that's exactly what Jerry Tarkanian. If you can continue to sustain this football thing, they can be a play I don't know about a national championship player, but they can be a nine win team on a regular basis because they're gonna have money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you willing to spend it?
Speaker 6: And I would imagine if you go to Vegas, the people that are there know how to spend money, So lean on one of those. And they've got a great restaurant in what's the what's the when you call restaurant and you know we're not just the food service. But where you're in the in the entertainment, but it's not the entertainment. There's the restaurant is there's a word for it. And they have a great school like that here at university are well well not just call it, yeah, culinary, but also the service industry. They they're they're one of the best in the country for obvious reasons. Right, it's a service industry based area with casinos, I mean they are. They've got a great program there that the hotel, restaurant management, that type of stuff. There's a lot of money there on that. I guess that is what I'm saying because I think they have a really good one of University of Houston, don't they have a really good business school, but also like a hotel management stress place. I mean, you know they stress that here. So there's a lot of money there. UNLV could be sneaky.
Speaker 5: Let's uh, let's get back to the n f L. What is going on with the Jets organization. We'll discuss An X on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 6: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued, Well, sometimes you rejuvenate your career and make a comeback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you what the Jets need.
Speaker 6: Their forefront office people five players and a quarterback away from being a.
Speaker 5: Quarterback Awayay, and you know I love Rogers.
Speaker 6: But due he has been an average player this year, right, I know, we want to make it where it's about everybody else, but will you talk about us.
Speaker 2: Over right in that team in the division.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we know Rogers can play, But the truth is you want to talk about in truth, the Cowboys roster is not as good as the Jets all around. Right, Has there been a more underachieving good team in the league this year? Maybe not the sin maybe the Cincinnati Banks. Maybe over day roster as well because of Borrow and Chase, But in truth any more hype with less production than the Jets, even more so than the Cowboys. Yes, I would agree. Yeah, look at the roster they have, I know, and it's not like I said, you'd go in thinking, well, the quarterback will be fine, But the truth is the quarterback's been okay. Yeah, just okay, eight that doesn't happen. Yeah, they're bad, They're terrible, Yeah they are you Actually you know another one, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 5: H Well, and I mean that they don't have the roster that the Jets have but they still have a talented roster.
Speaker 6: No doubt good, some good receivers, They've got a quarterback that's supposed to be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're running games pretty solid. They are.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't be dude if you want to lose money when you think they're getting hot and go in bet on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Doug Peterson isn't gonna last there, so that'll be an open spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy with a super Bowl ring.
Speaker 6: It's amazing how quickly, how and if you ever want to know Mike McCarthy's Super Bowl ring, Doug Peterson's Super Bowl ring, look at how people were. Now he's they're back talking good about him. But Sirianni get into the Super Bowl. Look how quickly it can shift. Yeah, I'm talking about literally.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: I'll bet your Zach Taylor's feeling a little heat and so sure, I bet he is. Burro's keeping him afloat.
Speaker 5: Probably because we talked about the Jets and what was one of the first things, Ah, well, Aaron Rodgers is average at best this year. It's not a quarterback or wide receiver problem in Cincinnati, sure is what's the problem.
Speaker 6: Right, And it's an so it's an easy way to go after somebody else, right, So there you go. And remember just two years ago, the offensive and defensive coordinator in Cincinnati, we're two of the hottest commodity when Gannon and and Uh and Stiching were hired, those two cats were involved in that as well. Yeah, and thinking, oh these guys, you know what I'm saying. It was like this is a real deal, and now it's like, whoa are you still the same team? So that's why like a guy like Ben Johnson this year that you're you're hot. Yeah, go get it, Go go take that ten million a year or whatever you're going to get to be a head coach because you never know. Hey, when they hired Matt Eberfless in Chicago, everybody's fired up. Yeah, Matt Eberfles' is not going to survive this either, more than likely, at least as.
Speaker 2: The head coach.
Speaker 5: Crazy yep, crazy, All right, real quick, I need a haircut.
Speaker 7: I know you do.
Speaker 5: He's triply Uh, you gotta you gotta weigh in.
Speaker 11: On this one.
Speaker 6: You know what, It's not like me, right, this is completely not my style. It is completely overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Sean's getting a haircut today, right, triple.
Speaker 6: That's not out of the realm. You know this stuff up right, He's gonna get a little salt and pepper in his hair. I'm gonna go, yeah, a little great blending. I'm gonna add some pepper to it. I don't eat the salt.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna just add a little mix and see what it looks like. I'm not gonna go all nick Saban. You know where you where you're ninety or seventy and you've got brown or jet black hair for.
Speaker 2: Some, I'm not gonna do that. But I'm just gonna see what the change up pitch looks like.
Speaker 6: You know, like you know, I'm a I don't wear hats a lot messed up, but I'm gonna I'm gonna let it flow and let it go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just mix it. Are you gonna a little on the side just are you facial hair? No? Not right now.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna get litt pepper in the hair.
Speaker 2: But I got a little salt. I mean, I give just a little pepper in there, but I wont what did you say, no shave November.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought he said special believer.
Speaker 2: And I did shave.
Speaker 6: But I still I still respect the November peeps, right, I uh, I'm going to go do something. I'm going to just see for the hell of it. I'm not trying to like look there. I just the truth is I kind of want to see what it looks like. Yeah, that's not my style.
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 2: No, it's not my style.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're nervous about it, not at all, because you know what, there's a thing called a razor that if I don't like it, I go to the my Jason Stathum look, which you've seen plenty of times before me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, when I some bitch.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, So you're you're talking about when I the head shaved and I and then I shaved my go to. You're like shaved go to You're like, I'm scared what you thought? I was a guy from uh what's it called from?
Speaker 7: H not?
Speaker 2: What do they call assass?
Speaker 6: Not a murder?
Speaker 2: What's the one? Which one? You you didn't even said it?
Speaker 6: You go, you remind me of that guy on uh you said you actually scare me when you like shave shaved down to the five o'clock shadow.
Speaker 2: Or the go tee and then shave your head? What's the Christian Bale? Wasn't he?
Speaker 10: And what not?
Speaker 2: Was it him that was in it?
Speaker 6: Uh? Something murders? Uh stone cold, there's a murder? She wrote, No, not murders up, I'm not No, I'm not Angela Lansbury. What's the It's something something killers? Where you look like that, you know when you shave your head and your eyes get big.
Speaker 5: And oh, uh no, you know who I said? You looked like dude, he's the He's a bad guy in every freaking movie that we He's a psycho, not Malcovic Nod. I'm gonna find out during the break because me saying on.
Speaker 2: Natural born killers, what do you Harrelson? Was that the one? And I look like a natural born killer? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: Where it's like when I shave it doing when I go down to Jason Statham and then like shave it.
Speaker 5: You're like, dude, you look at Yeah, that's the one that we talked about.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna I'm gonna add I'm going to add a little gray blend, which is not my style.
Speaker 2: What do they call it? Camouflage?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 6: Can you well I've got plenty of salt. There's still pepper in the top of it. But I'm gonna add a little pepper to the side and see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Triple the picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tomorrow with it. I'm going to do it today. You're gonna No, I don't do it alone. I'm getting I'm getting you kid me standing with you. Will put gloves on and hang on. I'm gonna put a hair. You know, somebody a lot better than me and my hair. You know how long it'll take about it? Well, it takes about eight minutes to cut the hair, ten minutes to cut my hair, and then I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna add a little bit to it.
Speaker 6: So the frosting my tips, you should yeah, well, wait till summertime, springtime. Yeah, yeah, baseball starting again. I had a little sun eachin again. Yeah, frost them up. It's all add I'll be in here tomorrow with some pepper in it. So let's check it out.
Speaker 2: My tips. You guys feel good about it. You're nervous about You're nervous for me.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just interested because I know you're not gonna go overblown where you'll be if I.
Speaker 6: Come in here with jet black hair tomorrow, you can laugh. Be like if she just said, oh, Sean, I had the wrong mix.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, dude, now your jet black hair.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't get out of the chair.
Speaker 6: I might do it just so you guys could have some fun. But but the second halfter you guys have fun for a day, my ass will be back in the chair.
Speaker 2: Get the get the stake, and job shave it down to the scout.
Speaker 5: That would be funny.
Speaker 2: So I don't know the hair's hair grows back. Yeah, I don't care. So I'm gonna I'm gonna get a look and see what it does. Yeah, check it out.
Speaker 5: I'm just interested to see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: I think you should. You should just jet blacke. Dude, No, that's that.
Speaker 2: That'd be like whoa, yeah exactly, dog.
Speaker 5: Like you literally come in here look like Mike Ditka.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not gonna do that back in the day when he slicked back and StuffYeah, I'm gonna pass on that one, all right. Yeah, but I'm gonna I'm gonna add a little little camouflage to it.
Speaker 5: Hey, there's also further drama happening in New York and it's not with the Jets. The Giants got some issues as well. Let's talk about it. Next final segment here on a Wednesday edition Men's Tea Clinic, Men's Tea Clinic dot com and and my goodness, the month of November is total wellness. It's Men's Health Awareness Month. Excuse me four, Men's Total Illness Optimization over at Men's Tea Clinic. It's no shave November November. And of course, like I said, Men's Health Awareness Month. And the why over at Men's Tea Clinic is Men's Total Wellness Optimization. This month in particular, we're going to continue to raise awareness for the importance of your mental and physical wellness. So fellas, get over to a Men's t clinic right now and you get twenty five dollars testosterone tests for all new patients, and we're doing it again this year for the existing patients. It's a great time to tell a friend about the power of Men's Tea Clinic. Not only will they receive this offer, you'll have access to the core program for free this month. So get over to Men's ta Clinic. There are five locations right here in the city, Parentland, Pasadena, Cyprus Spring and the Heights. It's easy to get in, get out and get back to being you. Sofellas, if you're feeling sluggish, you got brain fog your workouts and you're just not in a good mood during the day, and god forbid you're struggling in the bedroom with your significant other. That could all be because of low Testoschris, So go get your blood drawn. It takes about ten minutes to get the results back. It's all done right there in house. And get yourself on a total one is optimization plan. It's one call away, one eight hundred two four six low T. Men's T Clinic dot com is the website again, that number, one eight hundred two four six low T Fellas, stop being stuck in lower gear and get yourself back to one hundred percent. It's Men's T Clinic and menst Clinic dot Com.
Speaker 6: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued, I won't even go with there your you hate country music?
Speaker 5: No, I love country music. Yeah, gaslight me again?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: You ready for these issues?
Speaker 6: And for the Giants, Oh, there's issues with the New York Giants football team. Well, there's a shock.
Speaker 5: Listen to this one that's coming from Jordan Schultz.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: Sources are saying that there is disappointment among some Giants players regarding how the Daniel Jones situation was handled over the past week, especially with player is being aware that it was a financial decision by the organization. Dexter Lawrence publicly stated on Tuesday, quote he's the QB one. To me, he's the best quarterback on the team. And quote an anonymous offensive player told me over the phone, quote, we're not idiots. They did it because of money, so be it. But Daniel has been all class, never complain. It is now being completely disregarded. The team record is bad. You can point fingers everywhere to try to blame him as trash and maybe in third string as weak as f who's this?
Speaker 2: But here's another part of it. Who's the second string guy?
Speaker 5: To no, it's what's his name? Oh my gosh, you played for Seattle, Drew Locke.
Speaker 2: They bypassed him. Yeah, go Todavito.
Speaker 6: And you know why because he's Tommy DeVito, local kid won a few games with him. Yeah, best quarterback on the team, make no mistake about it. Yeah, And it is about money, and Daniel Jones's time the Giants is about up and he'll probably be grateful for it. He's had some mistakes, but sometimes a chain like Sam Donald, maybe it'll be good for Daniel Jones. And when your players are saying it. And I got a lot of respect for Daniel Jones. He has not bitched and complained one time. You never hear him talk what they did. And the players see one thing. You ever, you can't fool the players in the building. They know who the best player is, and they know who the second best quarterback is. And with all due respect to Tommy DeVito, he's the third best quarterback on the team. If Tommy DeVito was a kid who went to high school in California, it wasn't the local Tommy DeVito, he would not be starting for the Giants this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they call him Tommy Cutlets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 6: It's well, maybe it's disrespectful, but it's disrespectful to Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: And we know exactly why they're doing this. But it's the Giants, dude.
Speaker 5: They got issues in New York for the low football Giants. The Jets, man, what's new?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 6: But I love the way Daniel Jones has handled it, and he'll continue to do that, and he'll play football somewhere else next year and get himself an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Do you think Bregman's gonna sign anywhere by tomorrow?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, sign somewhere soon, yes, signed by tomorrow? Absolutely not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Again, got away.
Speaker 6: You're gonna go on the country. You're gonna go on the private jet tour. Do you want to figure out what everybody's offering?
Speaker 2: Go visit? Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: Interesting to see what shakes out as we get closer to those uh.
Speaker 2: I can't wait winter meetings, cannot wait.
Speaker 5: For Major League Baseball.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 5: Bregman UH rejected the qualifying offer, which was to be expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: That was just a formality, yep, formality. And if the Astros do not resign him, they get a uh fourth round a fourth round pick, right, yeah, no fourth round or above?
Speaker 2: Correct? Nothing better than a fourth round correct? There you go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they get We like to call it a compensatoryic compensation pick.
Speaker 2: You say compensation, I say compensatory.
Speaker 5: It's like they unveiled a new UH, a new store down the road. They did what they unveiled it was the first one unveiled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing better than a unveling. Yeah, I think so. Man love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's gonna do it. He is Sewn Salisbury producer that keeps on. It is my mispronunciations of words, and I love it. Stack it up to the game, Dog, charge it to the game?
Speaker 2: Hey do what?
Speaker 5: Charge it to the game?
Speaker 2: I thought you said stack it up? No, I mean I did. Yeah, you know you can stack No before we get it done.
Speaker 5: Triple is our producer on Brian Liam. But thank you for listening. We're back tomorrow morning, six am. Right here on seven ninety. Don't Go Anywhere The Matt Thomas Show, Dan Matthews Feeling for Ross next on Sports Talk seven ninety