Speaker 1: Tiver the Channel one weather. We have scattered showers and the storms. Best chances begin after two pm. Today's high seventy nine out of sixty eight overnight instead'll be very muggy Tomorrow. Scattered showers of storms begin around noon, a very humid day as well. I have eighty five showers and storms overnight as well. Sixty nine ft low. We got scattered showers predicted on Thursday and Thursday's high eighty one seventy two degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update from.
Speaker 2: The UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explore a living donation at uc health dot com. Slaves transplant southbound seventy five continues slow through Blackland northbound Buttermilk into the Cut northbound four to seventy one from Memorial and southbound seventy one. You're often on the breaks through blue Ash and Kenwood heavy again exiting to Third Street, king Ramont fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The talk station A twenty nine and A Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I always look forward to this moment in time, because it gets a deep dive with Daniel Davis. It's time for the Daniel Davis deep dive, retired Lieutenant colonel giving us all kinds of thoughts and insights on well things military. And we have a new conflict to talk about this week. Let's stop and put aside Ukraine and Russia for a moment, and let's talk about the details unfolding in the war with Israel and Iran.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean Behindsight's twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: As I've pointed out in the program, the last couple of days, Donald Trump pulls our military person out out of the region in advance of well the sixty first day. In his sixty today deadline he gave to Iran about negotiating a deal on their military or on their nuclear program. I guess maybe perhaps he had a conversation and at some point with Benjamin Netanyahu early on. I suspect Netanyahu had good intelligence that Iran might be up to something no good in a very short period of time, and it was time to stop the wheel spinning and take some action. Trump maybe suggested him, well, at least give me sixty day window of opportunity before all hell breaks lose to see if we can negotiate. Obviously, that did not work. Day sixty one Israel unleashes and an amazing thing to behold, much like the Ukraine's getting inside the interior of Russia and hiding those drones in spite of the being Russian territory. Obviously, Israel had a profound presence within the interior of Iran was able to launch some very short term or rather short distance military strikes from within the interior. That's an amazing coup right there. And then now they apparently dominate the entire Iranian airspace and can fly free will and hit any target they want with pretty much great success. Long winded start. Daniel Davis, welcome back, man. What's your take on this and what's your reaction all this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really there's two separate things at play here that we need to address because they're very different and potential where we're going next. And one is just the operational art that you just mentioned there and from a military tactical perspective, and this has been pretty impressive again because it was very highly effective. They were able to infiltrate apparently a pretty decent number of massad agents and other infiltrators and perhaps even some insider folks the Iranians who had been helping, et cetera. Just like the the Ukraine side had some help from the Russian people who turned on the other situation there, and so then now then they were able to take care of that on the ground. At the same time they were coming in with strategic assets and operational and you know, an aircraft and all that, and it just absolutely devastated the initial Iranian defense. Allegedly one or two f thirty fives were shot down, which don't have confirmation of that, but even at that, that's out of two hundred aircraft that flew the first night. That is a remarkable number to have been shot down, if it was. If not, obviously it's even more than that. So in terms of how they start, that's great. But there's another half of this coin, because we also see playing out graphically that the Iron Dome system and the multi layered Israeli air defense system is not anywhere near as good as what people thought it was.
Speaker 2: We knew it wasn't.
Speaker 4: We've had on our show many times an expert that pointed this out in twenty twenty four. He very accurately predicted what Iran could do if it wanted to, and how it signaled in the past when we gave the Iron Dome credit for knocking down everything. But it turns out it only got some of the smaller stuff and the slower moving drones, but the missiles got through. And now that we see, while Israel has virtual air supremacy in Iran, Iran has virtual missile supremacy in Israel. There's very little that they can shoot down of those ballistic missiles, especially some of the more sophisticated ones that they have.
Speaker 2: So right now you have both.
Speaker 4: Sides literally every night for five straight nights, hummeling the other side there and causing tremendous damage, worse that we've ever seen in Israel in their existence. None of the wars have ever hit their cities the way this one is so far, and it's anybody's guess where it's going next.
Speaker 2: But with Trump leaving the G seven and coming.
Speaker 4: Back to convening just this morning, just hours from now this National Security Council meeting, it's kind of ominous what could be coming next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know I've been railing against this all morning. It's not the first time I've railed against it. The president is not allowed to declare war on his own. It takes congressional action, at least the Court of the Constitution. I've got a copy of Daniel. There has to be at least an authorization for use of military force which the Senate has to approve. That hasn't been done yet. So I got the USS and them it's apparently heading on over to the Middle East. We've got all these refueling airplane heading on over to the Middle East. So obviously the American military presidence has been there and is now growing. So you know, is there going to be some sort of congressional action on this. I mean, I think it would be on the pale people screaming about the imperial presidency for Trump to just unilaterally join in the fray.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no question that there's lots of moving pieces here. In addition, there have been by many reports up to thirty area or refueling jets leave from the United States and moved into the region.
Speaker 2: That's on top of everything else.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the B two bombers that have been at Diego Garcia for quite a long time, and then now on top of this and Trump making some pretty boisterous and and you know, derogatory claims on Air Force One last night about what may be coming, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I have huge problems with that.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a good idea to do anyway, because we should not get involved with this war. There is something between Israel and Iran. If they want to do that, that's that's up to them. But I'm even more concerned with the lack of concern about any almost anyone in the United States about the very issue you just mentioned here.
Speaker 2: We do not want a situation.
Speaker 4: To where we literally give carte blanche to whoever's in the White House men that they can have because then you basically are a monarch, which is what we try to prevent with the forming of the Constitution in the first place. And there's a couple of I think the Thomas Massey and I think there's one Senator Tim Kaine, I believe that are talking about that, but no one else is nobody in the Democratic Party leadership, the Republican Party leadership. They have basically just handed it over to the commander in chief. And that is a dangerous place to be.
Speaker 1: It is It's not a question whose ox is being gored as a question of whether or not they had the legal authority to do it in the first place. And you and I are eyed eye on that. And I read Congress from Massey's statement on the air this morning. I read Tim Kaine statement on the air. Tim Kaine's gone down this road before, back when Trump was originally president. It passed his resolution, which either that in and of itself is commingle did he need to pass a piece of legislation to confirm what's already there, which is the Congress as col But it did go through and it got vetoed by the president. Hey, something's followed apart here on that one. And you know, I don't have a problem with Donald Trump the man. I like most all of his policies. But this is something that's really quite concerning to me. And I'm glad you agree with me and see eyed eye with me on that one, sir.
Speaker 4: Now, it's just a simple rendering of the Constitution that we're supposed to all follow. Now, it's not hard to see e'd eye with you on that.
Speaker 1: They all held their hand up and swore an oath of office that included upholding the constitution craziness. But then you know there's a lot of elected to people running around going we need to get in this, we need to get in this.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to get into it, then you know, go ahead and declare war and make it efficial.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things, Brian, it's supposed to be hard to get into wars. Yeah, it was designed that way on purpose, so that it's not easy. And we're seeing if this goes sideways. And my big beef tactically is that if we join offensively in this, then we put targets on the backs of our troops all the Middle East over and that same issue that just showed you we're the bad system. The Patriots, the ourn Dome can't stop these missiles. There's even less protection for many of our smaller outposts in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: We would be absolutely powerless to stop this.
Speaker 4: In the would be a lot of American casualties, which we don't have to have any, but that's almost certain to come if we launched this war.
Speaker 1: Well, that was something that Thomas Massey put up in a graphic along with his rejection or the idea that we should under this conflict. The range of the Iranian missiles, and it encoupes a very large range, which includes all these operations you're talking about where American military personnel are really big problem for US over there now insofar as providing them with weaponry. I mean, we provide countries all over the world with weaponry. If Israel wants the bunker busting bombs and we provide them to them, that's not US getting involved with boots on the grounds. Hell, they bought F thirty five from US. I don't really recognize the distinction between them, could we? And I don't know if you have any information on the depth at which these centrifuges happened to be within the within that mountain. But if they had those types of technology, there's bunker busting type bombs, could they reach them or do enough damage that will put the centrifugees out of operation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the one key category that Israel doesn't have to the four TOAH plant that seems to be the central piece and this whole issue because it is buried by some accounts half a kilometer under the ground, and the Israelis with all their assets, don't have anything big enough to carry these big bumper bunker buster bombs, So they don't have the number one, but they don't have the carriers either, that is the B two bomber. That's why we have those in the region. And these thirty thousand pound bombs just spectacular destructive of ability, but it's not clear at all that they have the ability to penetrate that deep, so it may not even work. But unless the US personally flies, that's something we can't give to Israel, right, they don't have the ability to use it. So and I know that Benjaminett and Yahoo wants desperately to have that in there, But again, the minutes that you allow that and then we've offensively, then now then you're almost certainly signed the death warrants for American soldiers that otherwise won't die well.
Speaker 1: And that would be akin then to what we got going on in Ukraine, which is operating these sophisticated missiles that need American personnel with security clearance to author to use, so you know, effectively boots on the ground in the form of operation operating equipment that Ukraine has physically president it's country, right, and so far.
Speaker 4: We have done that there and bootin although he rattled his saber a little bit, has not taken any action. He's chosen not to because he doesn't want to start a war with the US. The difference in this situation here is that that could be fatal for the Iranian regime, So they would have no reason to constrain themselves, whereas Russia does because they don't want to get into a war against the nuclear power if they can avoid it. But in this situation, if it's like your regime is about to be destroyed, then they would use it, or they would likely use it.
Speaker 2: Well real quick.
Speaker 1: For the part coming today, Daniel Davis, I just could go on for hours with you. Today I had an energy expert on. We were talking about the Irani nuclear program. Even itched up to sixty percent, you only need effectively three or four percent in Richmond to run a domestic energy generating operation. But even if they don't have a triggering mechanism, they build a bomb, you need to be able to blow it up. For a real thermonuclear bomb. They could easily make a dirty bomb. They just pack it full of the sixty percent enriched uranium and just blow it up inside Tel Aviv or some other Israeli occupied. Do you see Iran reaching that level of desperation under the current circumstance.
Speaker 4: If if Benjaminett and Yah who makes good on his what he's saying right now, we will go after we may go after Iotola Comania if they start literally going after the top like they did against Hassan Isrela with Hezbola, because I think that Israel said, well, we did it before and it worked out great.
Speaker 2: They actually went to ground.
Speaker 4: That nearly ended the threat right there, and they may be some thoughts that let's do the same thing to Iotota Kamane. That's what Yahu said yesterday. That would end the war, wouldn't expand it. I think that is a reading of the situation because there are a bunch of other senior missions. You haven't killed, you know, even a small, well a small percentage, but there are still a bunch of of the senior clerics around, and there would be somebody else to pick up the table. And it's very unlikely to me that they would do what Hasbola did. I think they would do the opposite, and then they would start just throwing in the kitchen sink and everything else.
Speaker 1: They would have no reason to withhold it scary situation if we go down that road. Daniel Davis Deep Dive, find his podcasts online and enjoy what he has to say throughout the week.
Speaker 2: I always look forward to this, Daniel.
Speaker 1: It's been a wonderful conversation.
Speaker 2: He's a pleasure.
Speaker 1: My pleasure too, my friend. Talk to you on Tuesday next See you next time. A forty two to fifty five car see the talk station took away.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunning