Speaker 1: Where you're going to get going. I'm letting the live stream start and notify everybody. Good evening. In fact, I'm gonna move over to the other side because the sun's behind me. So if I put the camera like that, it's no good. Hey, Don, that's better. Right. We are at back for Tom. We are at Back forty Brewing in Huntsville. Let me know how that I did a speed test on the internet here and now I was getting three hundred megs down and one hundred megs up. There's no reason the stream should be delayed tonight. Hopefully it's much better than it has been. Let me know how that looks, how it sounds. I do have my it's a loud in here, but I have a microphone, so hopefully that squelches out most of the background noise. Looks good. Tom says great, video and audio down says okay, thanks guys. Hey, Freddie Mac, you're home already.
Speaker 2: Aren't you.
Speaker 1: My wife is in the chat. Good evening, five nine, thanks guys. All right, So we're at Back forty Brewing, which is right here here it is, and it's a pretty cool buried slash restaurant here in Huntsville. Jeff, good to see you, Lee, good to see you. Oh Freddy, you're still driving? Uh ko four p D. I gets see you, Jody v A five S A R. I go to see you.
Speaker 2: What didn't plays?
Speaker 1: There we go? I don't let you leave? Said he made it just home now in South Illinois. Randall, you're missing one hundred degrees today. No, I'm not missing it. I wouldn't say i'd be missing it. Bob. All right. So the first thing I want to let you guys do is watch me order a beer. And once I order a beer, I'm going to go around and talk to all the guys that are here with me and ask them what their favorite part of the ham Fest was. Wow. If I hold the phone like that, my thumb's right there, isn't it weird? Okay? I haven't had a beer in thirty years. Well there you go. Tom made it, Hope about an hour ago. This place has a lot of I p as. They have a lot of beers, but most of them are I pas. So the selection is not great. The selection is good, the variety is not great. Get a hike out, wheat beer heffelwaizen. How's that? I hope you had a great time. Wish I could have been there this year. Kevin, try it for next year. Put it on the schedule for next year. I'm already putting chairs on tables behind me. I wonder what time they close. I'm not sure. I just signed up for your text messages. You have to teach me how to do that. Oh yeah, sure, it's not cheap, man. It's a service that I pay for that is not cheap. No, Tank is not here. He and Robert flew out about one o'clock or something today, so they are. They're probably home by now. Hopefully we'll see him popping the chat here shortly. But he and Robert w five it O ITR. Mike's in the chat in a yo, Jason, give me a hazy please. All right, buddy, which one do you want? Which one do you want? Tell me which one you want. I'll get you one. There's a couple of them here. There's too many freaking IPAs on this board. Number nineteen, that's the one I see. Okay, all right, good, hey man, I got the live stream on YouTube going. But I'm not showing you. I'm just showing myself. So I want to hike out, please, And also a crow point. All right, Mike, Mike drove us here, so I guess I owe him a beer. That's the man, I love the god that word. I have an hour? Oh too, oh till closing. Oh, we probably won't go that longest. Hyrus, what's up? K six R D J forty five?
Speaker 3: Auto?
Speaker 4: What's up.
Speaker 1: That? Johnston? Yep? Okay, which one is the hazy? This is the hazy. I'll come back and get that one. Only got two hens, okay, m carrying Mike's beard first, and that was all on the line string buddy. Sorry, all right, I'm gonna go round the table. We're gonna ask everybody what their favorite thing about the ham Fest was. No, you're good, and it looks like Carlos moved down to this end of the table, so we're gonna start with him. Carlos estasand oh good. So we're on the live stream. Man, I want to know what your favorite thing about the ham Fest was, dude, My favorite thing about my about the ham Fest was finding my radio bag, so refinding it. So there's a long story and I'm gonna make a video about it. Hopefully you'll have it out in a week or two. But Basically, I lost my radio bag in air, I said, I. As soon as I left the airplane, my radio detached itself and disappeared into the white blue yonder. And I legitimately had a moment where I was like, oh my god, let it land in an open field. Let it land in an open field. Let it not hurt anybody. Let it not hurt anybody. Let it not hit a car. Let it not hit a car. And I found it within an hour, and that quickly. I didn't realize you found it that quickly. Yeah, my phone was in the bag, so I was able to define my feature. Yeah, to retrieve it and retrieval location and find it. And nobody was hurt, There was no property damage. It was beautiful. So in general, that was my favorite thing about the Hamfest. Now that said about the actual ham Fest, Man, my favorite thing was meeting everybody. The Huntsville Hamfest is super friendly, and it is, without a question, the ham Fest I go to to hang out with my friends, right yep. So hanging out with everybody at Montesano, hanging out with everybody at the show, meeting that I haven't met before that are fans, It's uh, it's It's humbling and rewarding at the same time. When somebody says, hey, my granddaughter is into amateur radio because she saw you doing a cues so parish and mobile and now she wants to do you know, work you perishing mobile. So stuff like that for me, it makes my day. Uh, it made my weekend.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the people, the hanging out the thing man, just uh that this handfest is super friendly and the hanging out just spending the best This is the best hand fest for hanging out with friends, spending time with the people that that have similar uh mindsets about what we do, and uh, just just chilling out.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's very little pressure. That's the flea market is amazing. There's not a ton of vendors, but the vendors that are there are always quality. Yes, so you know you don't you don't always need a date. They rctually for your first handphest date. It's overwhelming as hell. Uh. But Hunts only super friendly if you have an opportunity to come down here, come down here. If this is a nice, very nice place. Very true, very true. Thanks man, I'm glad you find your bag.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna go down the table here I get. We had several people leave. I go live and people leave. I'm offended. Come here you want? Can you give me two minutes?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I gotta go to the water for to t o isp. I just got a hand alert that t O is on FT eight, so he's not hurting that bad. So sit down. What's your favorite thing about? What's your favorite thing about? The ham Fist Joe Brett.
Speaker 3: You, me, and everybody else. I love the whole thing. Really, don't mean I can't pick out the best thing that's elementary for me.
Speaker 1: To say, pick one thing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Would you buy anything?
Speaker 3: I bought a bunch of little little trinkets, Uh, you know three D printed stuff. Everybody got these little wrenches. Oh yeah, you ain't got a three D printed SMA. You got to catch up with the cool guys. I got connectors individual. I bought individual connectors, and then chat radio vendor had bags of connectors for like twenty bucks, so I had to get one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was buying little things that would fit in my pocket. All well. I think I bought more to the ham Fest than I ever have, but it all fit in my pocket.
Speaker 1: It's all little stuff, so yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And Friday night I went down to Gigle Parks and got me a new three D printer because I didn't think they would have those town fests, but yeah they did.
Speaker 1: Did the bamboo printer? Did you get? You got one of those? I think I want to get one of those might as well. Okay, yeah, I might get one of those soon. We'll see. I gotta have one of those, all right.
Speaker 3: It just fits in the shack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fits in the shack. All right. Man, I know you guys have tried to get out of here and thanks me. I appreciate it. All right. That was Joe Brett. In case those of you who don't know, this is Steve KO FOURFL. What's going on, Jason, what's the what's the favorite thing about the ham Fist this weekend?
Speaker 2: Favorite thing of the ham Fest this weekend?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've had a great time with everybody, yep, you know, just.
Speaker 6: To hang out and Friday up at Monsano, the o, the pot to hang out, the cook the feed there.
Speaker 2: I actually got a couple of deals.
Speaker 1: And I've got uh what five.
Speaker 6: Kids to build down for my channel really that I'm hoping to do within the next month.
Speaker 1: You got did you get any of those kids here this weekend?
Speaker 2: I got them all here, this one five, well, one of them I already had.
Speaker 6: I got okay, I got three here this weekend, and I've got a few other things.
Speaker 2: I did an open box this morning with Jess okay.
Speaker 6: And I'm actually gonna tag on the box that I bought mystery box from Gigga Parts.
Speaker 1: I wanted. I wanted to buy one of those. I may get They have those on the website all the time, so I might get one of those. But those are fun to open.
Speaker 2: She bought one hundred dollars mystry box.
Speaker 6: I went cheap.
Speaker 1: I bought the fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but I haven't opened my yell I'm it when we get back to the campsite. I'm gonna open mine, record it tonight tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got to be there for that, and then I'm gonna edit the video and put the actual price so I can show.
Speaker 6: The value of what was actually in the nice very cool and actually Carlos and I had lunch, Yeah, I kind of lunch dinner with Mark Smith from Hall of Electronics.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: Over at Dreamland Barbecue, and then we went by Gigabarts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if you have not been to the store and it's a mecca, then you wanted to go. Yes, And I spent.
Speaker 1: Another seventy bucks to at the store. So I did a new tour of the store when on Thursday. We got here Wednesday night. So I went to the store on Thursday and did another tour because I did a tour on their opening grand opening week back in March, and people love that video. Oh yeah, and there's a lot more in the store now than there was back then. So we're gonna I'm looking forward to seeing how this new video does. Oh yeah, good catch up with you, dude and Jody. Yes, I did try the beans.
Speaker 6: They are well worth it, but you've got to be able handle heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank's beans were the highlight of that. I was like telling everybody, you gotta try this, you gotta try this, try the beans. So thanks man, Thanks appreciate it. Yep, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna stay on this side of the table because the backlight if I go over there is too bad. So yeah, all right. Bill Ham Radio tectonics. What's up, buddy, how y'all doing? Yeah? What was your favorite part of the Hamfest this weekend?
Speaker 7: Community? Hanging out with these guys is always my favorite part. There were a couple of little things I needed to pick up, but they were little like destroyed the antenna on my truck, so getting to replace a beauty parts a replacement, and then I found a bunch of little uh three.
Speaker 1: Printed parts that were well printed.
Speaker 7: Tons of thing was talking about and uh, other than that, Uh, it's always hanging out with the guys and gals in the community.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. Bill has a very fun trailer that he built out of a sixteen by seven foot cargo trailer and it was totally empty when he got it, and he completely built out the inside as a mobile hamshack, the green Ham Machine, the green Ham Machine. So my wife's in the chat now she's gonna hear me say this. Guess what's in my head? Now, I's got to build a hamshack if we moved to Galveston anyway, So maybe I'll just put in a trailer.
Speaker 7: He's selling an idea over the Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean she's used to this every time I have a good idea. I put it on a live stream and then she looks at me. She's when I get back, she's like, yeah, I heard what you said. So yeah yeah mobile hamshack. I don't know how you can beat that. That place is cool. I love it. Yeah, I would never change it.
Speaker 7: So it's uh, basically it's the same thing as had a shit, except it's on its street, it's highly legal, and it's gotten wheels.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, it's a handweat yeah, hamshat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you, man. A pleasure, always a pleasure. Thanks, Bill, appreciate it all right, Mike moved go here this, Mike. Yeah, you can see how the yeah watch that beer there? Yeh got yeah. The lights are kind of weird. But yeah, so Mike in a yo, no YouTube channel. But that's that's half the fun of it right there. That's pretting on man. First off, thank you for the beer. Oh yeah yeah, so yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I was having a good time down here. My favorite thing coming down here every year is just being in the park camping. It's what three years in or two years in a row, we've had this spot. We've already got them booked for next year, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: What was the question that you have, what's the best thing about the ham Fest? And then you should be talking about your am Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I mean I didn't know if you meant besting.
Speaker 1: Overall or whatever you like the best?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as far as like best thing I saw at the show gear wise, I got my hands on a Harris r F deck. They're old TV station amplifiers and they can be converted to the ham Pants. I've already got one that for six meters and I got one for two meters today. You got to add a power supply, a little pass filter, a few other things. But yeah, so now I'm gonna pretty much have a raco of VHF amplifiers.
Speaker 1: Major fred Fish chaser here. Yeah, so working on a really cool fred Fish award here.
Speaker 2: Seventy four grids away.
Speaker 1: How many grids are there total? For idiot for eighty eight? Well yeah, wow, that's neat cool man. Well, always great to catch up with you, dud to man, Thanks for being here. Do you want to come over here?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well okay, Mike always likes to talk to the other mic. There's enough Mike's in ham Radio so can someone hand me my beer? I forgot to grab it.
Speaker 3: Beer.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, that's a bro thing. Thank you very much. Thank be like me and put your buy used by a used school bus? Put your shock in it. I've had my wife watching videos on YouTube about people who built coaches out of school buses. It's a little insane, but it's intriguing. I think I'll start small and maybe work my way up. What's up, Mike? Yeah, exactly. This is the first year we haven't written out here together.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, yeah, that's that's my favorite part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that's true. Yeah. I drive too slow for Mike because I'm pulling the trailer and he's not pulling the travor. He thinks he could drive faster. So can you can? That's true? What's your favorite thing about the ham Fest?
Speaker 5: So what we were just talking about. I decided last week when we were driving down from Iowa. I'd been thinking about it for a while, but I've really wanted to do some car camping and the k Murder exploder, and so I called up to Monta Sano on Saturday and booked a spot in the Primitive Campground and I just camped there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then i'd been sleeping in my car. Ever, so well what Friday and Saturday, I slept in Josh's hotel. He had an extra bed that we put the two queens together, so we had to sleepover. So that was nice, just going down from the from the hotel and just taking the little sky bridge over to uh the show.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, So so the car camping was definitely a success.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely gonna be doing more of that. I already booked a primitive campsite for next year. Good from Monday to Monday, so I'm looking.
Speaker 1: So you'll be down there the whole time next year.
Speaker 5: My stuff will be but I'll move around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good nough. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got an electric scooter, so I've been I've been zipping around the.
Speaker 1: With a ding with a ding bell on it, and he likes to go to turn.
Speaker 5: Signals as well that I don't use. Yeah, the bell is the best part because it's so stupid. Yeah, Joe Brett stole my thunder and everybody's I think I think that that three D printed guy just had all the parts. But yeah, he's got these little it's a little tiny. I mean it's like an inch and a half. It's a little sma wrench for a dollar. I'm like, so I bought two, so I'll keep one to.
Speaker 2: My buddy Ryan.
Speaker 5: So I usually usually get him some kind of something or other when I go.
Speaker 1: To the fest, spend a whole dollar on Ryan. I spent a dollar on Ryan.
Speaker 5: Yes, he traded me to a steak dinner that the tab was like one thousand dollars and he gets a dollar.
Speaker 1: He gets a dollar consolation prize.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: But then I said, this guy had and he doesn't have a website or anything. He doesn't want to sell him other than like a Hamfest. But I found because I need another infa halfway antenna.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So there was this guy that had a kit that had all the parts other except the wire, and a really nice three D printed case for it for twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm like, huh, well you got to. Now I have to.
Speaker 7: I have to.
Speaker 5: I have a little bit of room in the larger box that I bought for my in fed half waves because I needed a bigger box to store them all in. So now I'll have another in fat halfway in that box that I won't use but yeah, but it's been a great trip. I am so ready to go home because we've been on the road for the better part of two weeks. Now, I was, I've been home Sunday that's it. And Sunday I was. I was editing two videos and uploading them and packing, and then drove out here on Monday, and I'm looking forward to. All I want to do right now is just go to bed and wake up at the buck crack of dawn and drive the eleven hours back to Huntsville, Texas. Yeah, absolute blast, as it always is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, cool, thanks man, appreciate it. Always good time. So yeah, it's uh. I slept for about four hours on Friday night, so it's a bet at eight thirty last night, slept till six thirty this morning for about ten hours. I feel pretty good today. I felt pretty good today after sleeping for ten hours. That'll do that to you. So I saw K six a RK in the chat. Good evening, he said, major fomo right now. Well put this on your calendar for next year, buddy. It was good having you here two or three years ago. When you're here Adam, So yeah, there he is. Digital Ranchers in the house. Thanks for being here. Rob. Let's see who else. Richard, I saw you in there. Jody's still in there. In five s KT Jody again. Okay, cool, So okay, I'm gonna go bring some Yeah, next year, Adam, put it on your calendar, buddy, you got a whole year to plan. No, I didn't see it. The park on AM forty A m Tim Graymam Tim Nice. Very cool? What yeah, he says, Hey, I'm seventy eighty five seventy hilarious. Y'all want to be on the live stream. Come on this side because it's the sun over there. So this is a new couple that we met this weekend and they have a small YouTube channel that they just started called Ham Radio Duo. They go out to parks and do PODA on c So just right, there's fine, So all right, I'm gonna move it back. There's three people now there we go. Okay, go ahead and introduce yourselves. I am Becky in for BKY, and I am Mike in for f FF. We are the Ham Radio Duo. Yes, yeah, that's your new channel. That's our new channel. And c W PODA CW poda and when did the channel start this year, this year, this year. Okay, yeah, all right, brand, Now, how many parks have you done together? Everybody? Five different parks I think. Okay, I've activated about twenty times. Okay, in all c W all c ws. It's never done sidevaan. I've had one sideband contact and that's it. You guys were out there doing c W at the park.
Speaker 2: We were and it started raining.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had to, like, I got one more to get. Oh yeah, so you stayed till you got ye, I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: Activate the rain until you get all to so good. So what's your favorite part about the ham Fit? And is this your first time here?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: Okay, first time at any ham fest?
Speaker 5: An?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, when'd you get licensed? March?
Speaker 6: I've been lasted for like ten years and then her her interest in it as reinvigorated mine in.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, that makes sense. Okay, so what excuse me? What's your favorite part about the Mine's a little different. Okay, there's no lines in the ladies bathroom not I I'm not going to claim that. I know that. So yeah, there's you can't ever go anywhere without a line.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, if you're watching you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: My wife says, facts right there.
Speaker 6: No one Now, I would say for sure, it's the people, like, like, everybody's so nice and so friendly.
Speaker 1: People came and introduced themselves and I only met on the air.
Speaker 6: Meeting you guys like like like like the people in the community is just amazing.
Speaker 1: We met a thirteen year old that had a Q with him W and we're like, you're Isaiah. Wait what Yeah, there's a lot of yeah, yeah, there was a lot of people doing CW. I went and talked to the Long Island c W club just earlier today. I've talked to him before and looked him up a couple of times, but I said, look, here's what I understand about how you do stuff, and he kind of confirmed everything I was thinking. And I've dabbled on CW a little bit. I can send fairly well, but if you send back to me, I don't know what the heck you're saying. Yeah, So I'm gonna I've kind of committed to myself and I'm gonna try to get it. I get on the ball and try to learn all that a little bit better because it's really fun. We joined yesterday too, So okay, keep you you know, okay, we'll keep you at it. That's good. That's good. Well, it was good to meet you guys this weekend. Thanks for being here, and I hope that you'll join us again next year. Good good, cool so Ham Radio Duo on YouTube. Go check out that channel. Guys, Thank you, thanks a lot, goodness. All right, well that's everybody at the table. The Shocking Brothers were here earlier and they left.
Speaker 7: So but.
Speaker 1: You guys leaving? Are you all coming back? No? No, you are we hanging at the campsite. Okay, all right, we're going back to the campsite. Yeah yeah, okay, Hey guys, thank you for Hey, what's ups in the house? Dude? That that guy wearing that shirt that says bro, do you even is overn? That's my new favorite shirt of the weekend. So I really like to see that shirt. That was one of James's shirts. So that was great, guys. Thank you very much everyone that came up to us this weekend. Everyone that participated. On Friday, Kyle bought and Noel and Emily and Kyle. Kyle helped to They cooked eighty hamburgers on Friday and sixty I think hot dogs, and we were and that Frank had his beans, of course, and everything got eaten, eaten, eaten, eaten, Everything was gone. We had plenty of food, it was just about the right amount. It was much larger than last year. I think Kyle said he bought fifty hamburgers last year and he bought eighty this year. He thought he was gonna have leftovers and he did not. So that was fun. And we did a big like we did last year. We did a big collection of donations for the food and everything that we collected over the food, over the extent of the food is gonna get donated to Steve good Game and the Teacher's Institute at a double orrel. Kyle told me yesterday that what the number was on that and I'm not gonna tell you guys what it is, but we're gonna get Steve Goodgame onto a live stream. Kyle and I are going to get Steve good Game onto a live stream on this channel, hopefully this coming Friday, maybe this weekend sometime. We haven't hammered it out yet, and we're gonna present him with that number and that check, and that's gonna be a fun stream. So you guys, be sure to tune into that. On a small sad note, Kyle went home early this morning because his little dog Pixie got sick and he took her home to kind of console her. So she's okay for an how but he's gonna watch her for tonight, maybe take her to the vet in the morning. So if you guys know Kyle, reach out him and tell him you're thinking about him in that regard, because I know that for me, if it was my dog that was sick, I would be concerned. So, guys, seventy three, thanks for joining us this weekend. If you were here, thanks for being on the live streams. Look forward to a lot of cool videos that I recorded over the weekend that we'll be posting this week, and we will catch you next time. Seventy three, all I've done it.
Speaker 5: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: Every seven one