Speaker 1: All right, Minnesota, goodbye. I'm gonna give a shout out to Anita because I'm wearing the shirt today that she gave me for my birthday that says fuck around and find out. Yeah, baby, Well, it's got a guy who there's the big word around, and there's a stick figure having sex with the word around, and.
Speaker 2: He's got little movement lines so you know that he's he's bon in it. Yeah, the bone in its bon in it.
Speaker 1: I showed it to Susan. She didn't get it. I'm like, look at my shirt. She's like, ah, wow, Wow. I don't know if you ever heard the phrase fuck around and find out? Really, I don't think so. Hey, fam, don't say my name. Question ask listeners now that the holidays are coming up, if you could ask your family you're in laws without getting any negative consequences, ask them anything. What would it be? Mine would be did you actually actively try to raise emotionally immature humans or did it just happen that way because you're so immature?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: So they would ask their in laws, did you actively try to raise emotional immature humans or did it happen that way because you're so immature? I'm gonna tell you it is a very It's it's like genetics. If you are a hypochondriac and then you're surprised because your kid is a hypochondriac. It's because they grow up watching you every ailment, every germ, every everything, and now you have a hypochondriac. If you have I know somebody who is a huge drama queen, the world is against them. They're and they're they're wonderful, they're nice, and they're funny, but everything is the world is against them and everything is like, eh, clutch my pearls. Because their mom was that way. M hm, and now she's got a daughter that's turning that way. I think that I looked at my mom and my dad and I took the best parts of them and I said, I want to be like that, and I took the worst parts of them and I said, I don't want to be like that.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way about like my mom too, because my mom was a single mom and like had a really great job and was always like super active and like, I don't know, just kind of being a boss bitch kind of thing. So I've been the same way, and like my mom never remarried, after my dad, So I gleaned like good stuff from her where I was like, I don't need no man, like I can be a woman of a career and do whatever I want blah blah blah. But then there are things about my mom where I'm like, I don't want to do that, and so I'm just like actively steering away from that.
Speaker 1: And I think that's a good thing, Bailey, because I think that you look at some times and you go, I don't want to be like that. Like my dad never gave hugs or said I love you, and I give too many hugs. I say I love you too much, and I text Carson like love you, buddy, just thinking about you. Because number one, it's sincere. But number two, I didn't like the distance between my dad and me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I definitely took a lot of things, more so from my mom because almost very similar to Bailey. I mean, my parents got divorced and my dad was still very much involved in our lives, but my mom was definitely the independent one who started a business and really like got out there and made something of herself. I think more than she thought because she spent the first twenty years in the workforce as a waitress. So I just like really admire her for quitting something after twenty years and then going and starting a business and just like working her ass off. So I definitely take that from my mother. I don't really think I take much from my dad. I'll be honest. I'm so opposite of him in every single way. He watches TV all day, he spends money like he's a millionaire. I am frugal as hell, which is definitely my mom's trait. Two. So yes, very different. But as far as the question from the emailer, Yeah, man, I am really lucky because I think that Andrew's parents are great, and I think that they did a really great job raising him. I think my one question would be for his biological dad, who he does not have a relationship with anymore, and just be like, why why did you not work carter to have a relationship with your son, because he did up until like Andrew was sixteen.
Speaker 1: Can I throw out the other side of things then that could be where and there might be some older people that have adult children that are fucked up. So in other words, you tried your best, and you set examples, and you worked hard, and you got up early, and you took a shower and showed up on time. It didn't steal anything. And your kids are pieces of shit. Yeah, I think that there's probably that too, But most of the people that I know that are crap humans, they really were raised by crap people. The people in my family that are maybe not the best humans were raised by not the best parents. I don't know a lot, but there, I'm sure they're out there of parents who are like man, we tried with little you know, Marcia, but Marcia turned out to be like a meth dealer. Lazy has four different baby daddies that type of So let me see if you know the other side of the story. Let me know. And she goes on to say, y'all are my favorite people. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you. Don't say my name? Okay, so hold on, I'm gonna go back and I gotta scroll and I gotta tap, and here we go. Next one. We were talking about eating Kiwi's the other day, and I don't forget how it came up and how often they are to eat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know how it came up. Either way, We're just like Kiwi's, huh.
Speaker 3: I think someone emailed then about Kiwi's okay.
Speaker 1: They said, it's just fun to say. I just try to eat the kiwi as it is. The outside doesn't have a taste and it's full of fiber. I thought it'd be a weird sensory wise, but the crunch is delightful and it's so much easier to eat. Just cut off the ends and enjoy. That's from Tia, Tia. I will absolutely try that next time I have a Kiwi, which I don't very often. All right, continuing on with the Minnesota goodbye another email, here we go, Greetings. After hearing about the iHeart layoffs, I'm patiently waiting by my phone for the new podcast to drop to see if we lost to any of our Dave Ryan Show family. To all and hope you are still employed. That is from Kayley. God. Isn't it just weird that people are so concerned about I mean, like that radio station people are getting laid off. Yeah, and no, I don't We're all still here. I think that we are. I think we're fine. I think they I don't think that they would look at this show. We're doing fine, by the way, I don't think they would look at the show and go, well, it's been in this solid position for you know, six months, let's fire somebody. I think they would look at a show that's underperforming, that's been there a while and has been given a chance, and say that's not working out. That's I don't know what the criteria is, but I also know that some people get fired because they're difficult, and I know some people have been laid off from the company because they are complainers, They show up late, they do a half assed job. I mean, if we could think of somebody, and I don't want to give any hints at all, but Jenny and I were looking at each other telepathically, think about somebody who has been laid off recently who was just kind of like a who cares, half asset kind of a person. Yeah, do you know who I'm talking about? Of course, Okay, good. I know nobody on this show. No, no, no, nobody on this show. But I think that that's one of the things that we do is we like we work hard, and we respond to emails, and we come in prepared, and we come in on time, and we stay late, and we like it when the boss sees us making social media content in the hallway because we want the boss to go, oh, look.
Speaker 2: At them doing their job exactly, crying a little bit to even go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, nobody is safe. I mean, just like you at your job. If you work for summat Orthopedics, there's no guarantee that you're going to have a job tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend was supposed to come to this cycle class thing I did last night with a bunch of friends, and she was like, guys, my gpsays, I'll be like twenty five minutes late to the class. I don't think I'm gonna come. She's like, sorry, they got rid of half of my team last week and so I'm working later than.
Speaker 1: Normal right now.
Speaker 2: And I like, girl, I mean they do it in every single place ever, like even in nonprofit, which is where I worked before. But like you'd walk in one day and then by the end of the day, your like best friend was fired and you're like, wait, what happened? And then they're like, oh, wow, we just had to get rid of five people, so they were one of them.
Speaker 1: Bye. Yeah, And I'm gonna guess in the nonprofit field, that's probably a tricky one because they're not pulling in tons and tons of money for salaries. Yeah, singing to guess next one from Charisse. I saw her at Boo Bash the other day. She is delightful, she says, Hi, Dave Jenny Bailey vant did is Charisse? I was bored, so I thought of a subject for the Minnesota Goodbye. Are you ready? I mean, I'm curious to see what she comes up with. I have not read ahead. I googled sex euphemisms that are hilarious, so I thought i'd share a few. Make the beast with two backs, Okay, it's a beast with two backs. I've heard that one before. Amoris Congress, Amoris Congress. I guess, yeah, I can't do the deed of darkness okay. Putting sour cream in the burritoo. Wow, yeah, that's kind of funny. Uh, fill in the cream donut. Okay, And my personal favorite, using a telescope to explore the dark hole. Now, I think that's great. I'd say my favorite is probably putting sour cream in the burrito because it's so graphic, but it's also funny and stupid. Growth I laughed so hard I cried. You can find more on Livescozy dot com. If you guys find this as amusing as I did. Love you guys. The thing about you, Sharis is I don't know you, but you have such a sweet face. You really have such a sweet face and beautiful eyes. You don't look as disgusting and nasty as you as you actually are, so that's always a surprise. It's kind of like, so you meet somebody who looks like a Disney princess and every other word out of their mouth is fucking yea a sailor, but you're so beautiful? What happened? Right? Okay' gonna hit delete on that one and move on to the next one. Okay, here we go. I wish to remain confidential. Oh and then they go on with some stuff that I'm not I'm not going to Yeah, I'm not going to read that one because it is not a happy email. It's not anything that anybody listening cares about. It's just directed at us. All right, here we go, Jenny. I heard that you were afraid of et. It reminded me of a funny story when I was young, a man who says it was in the er for something which turned out to be an affected third kidney, yep, third kidney. They were getting vitals. Well you know the pulse thing they put on the tip of your finger and it glows red. Remember that. Yeah, While I was two maybe three, a little hesitant of all the things, that of all things doctor, and the poor nurse was trying to soothe me and help me understand there was nothing to be afraid of and said something like, don't worry, sweetie, You'll just be like et isn't that cool? Because ET had the glowy finger. Remember, no, bitch, it's not cool, my mom said. I shoved the nurse away and took off down the hall, screaming because I thought she was going to turn me into et O. My mom kindly told her that was the wrong thing to say. Needless to say, they needed to get a new nurse to help, because I definitely did not trust her after that. What other fears do you have or have as kids? Care to share? Anyway? Hope you have a great day. That is Amanda none. My brother was deathly afraid of doctors because he had a lot of health problems when he was a kid, and they you know, shots and drawing blood and he had the white coat syndrome, hated doctors. Some people are afraid of Santa. Yeah, I love Santa. I never had a fear of anything like that, So I'm very boring, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Mine was just et And then I also didn't like the dark, and honestly still don't love the dark, Like I don't like going into classes.
Speaker 1: What are you afraid of in the dark? I mean, seriously, is I think I just saw it.
Speaker 3: I have a very anxious, slash creative mind, and so being in darkness, you just like don't know what could happen sometimes. So I think when I was young, I just I was always scared to go to bed. I just thought the evils were going to come out in the dark, because that's like how scary movies were.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I'm not sure I was really, as a kid necessarily scared of anything in particular. I was just scared of everything. So like, if I could get in trouble, I was scared to do the thing, or if there was like a risk involved, I'd be scared to do that thing if I could get hurt, if I could I don't know, fall off a roof or something. I was scared to do everything. So like I'm scared to go try swimming, so I never learned how to swim. I'm scared to I don't know ride a bike, so I learned how to ride a bike.
Speaker 1: Late in life. Really like how late in life?
Speaker 2: I was in third grade.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's not that late.
Speaker 2: I felt like it though, because everyone knew how to ride a bike and I was like nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it was like oop, all right, Okay, a couple of more emails and I got to tap the tab here, okay, here we say go. It says I got sent to the principal's office first sexual harassment in sixth grade. We were talking the other day about how we got kicked off of YouTube. No, I know what it was. When the layoffs were happening here at the radio station, That's what it was. And a face would appear in the window, like Zack Dillon, there's that. We have a glass door, a glass window. Of course, it's made out of glass, duh. And Zach Dillon is one of our managers, just a tiny notch higher than we are, uh, And he would come in to say hi, and we'd joke we like, are here to fire us, are here to fire us? And then we talked about getting called down to the principal's office. My story about getting sent to the principal's office. I promise it's not as bad as it sounds. I was in sixth grade sent for sexual harassment against a whole class as a boy for reference Jimmy. In jim class, I mooned a buddy, but with my boxer still on, I just pulled my shorts down. I had in school suspension for one day, and I had to apologize to the class. Back then, I thought it was funny that they called it that. But now if that happened to my kid and they called it sexual harassment, they could ruin their whole life with that label. Have a good day from Jimmy. That's a good point. I mean, it depends on how far your school record in sixth grade carries down the line. Probably not that far, but to be but if they called it back when he was a kid sexual harassment for doing something so mild, it was a stupid, harmless little preying. But let's say they called it that now and your kid got sent home for sexual they would probably expel a kid now for sexual harading.
Speaker 2: I don't or yeah, I guess I don't know either, but it's interesting that, like I feel like if they had to put something on a record that they would need to be specific, so that something like mooning and like if I say, if I hear sexual harassment, I'm going to think one thing, and then if I see, oh, this kid mooned somebody, I'd be like, oh, good bit haha.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to do it for today's Minnesota Goodbye. Always love your emails, whether it's a long email or a short one that's one question or a few subjects. We love to see what you bring up on the Minnesota Goodbye. So surprise us or respond to something that we brought up before. Send it to Ryans Show at kadiwb dot com and listen for your email on the next Minnesota Goodbye