Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: Need ad. That's who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three, eight two five five. Get your calls in. We'll solve problems, we'll answer questions, we'll take complaints. We'll make your life just a little easier. So what's going on in your life? Anything we can do to make it easier. Let us know one thing I want to mention because I got a text about it. Somebody entered a free trial. I want to know why the monthly payments for showing up free trials have we have? We not caught on to that. Free trials automatically revert to monthly payments if you agree to that. And most free trials are just that. They're a free trial hoping you won't cancel. So you need to go back and look at your trials. You need to keep track of your trials. Put them on a calendar. Put them on a calendar so you can keep of them and cancel them. This is common sense, right, Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three, eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Is Major Mark Major on today? Did you get the uh? Okay, do you got the camera up and running? I'll put that.
Speaker 5: Up that I'm not sure, Kelly, shut that up. I walked into the city right.
Speaker 6: As it is.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to transition to that. And as you'll see, I've shut up, Shannon, I see, I see. Uh. Now we have everybody up and running them Nick Gravina and we have Nick from Gravina's Windows Siding indoors nine to fifty West Evans. Then we have Deputy Bowl over here today along with Deputy d So. Welcome to the show everyone, And first of all, do you guys have any follow ups? Any deputies have any follow ups? Yes? No, maybe, And then we'll move on.
Speaker 1: Guys, what do you got d Well? You know, still waiting to hear back from a couple of a couple of businesses that are of concern, you know, the Hidden Lake apartments. This lady Katie called us yesterday and she alleged bed bugs and cockroaches.
Speaker 2: So she was moving in. She had only rented it twelve days ago. She's in the process of moving in and she saw two dead cockroaches and assumed there was a major infestation.
Speaker 1: Well, and the more troubling part of her allegation, we saw, she's an allegiant.
Speaker 2: I can hear you in the background, okay.
Speaker 1: And when she went to the management office to inquire about the cockroach infestation, there was a lady over there who, according to our caller, was crying because she was getting bitten by bedbugs to the extent that she couldn't go to work for some reason.
Speaker 2: So so, in any case, well Hidden Valley apartment, did you get through to them?
Speaker 1: I did, you know. I left them a voicemail and I exchanged the several emails, and what do they say? He said that somebody will get back to me on this, and I said, look, we just want to get some input into this matter, and we'd love to help Katie cancel that lease without any penalties, because it sounds like they want four thousand bucks from her just for not moving in. And man, I really feel for this, ladies. I would hate to move into a place that's got cockroaches and bed bugs. I would definitely I would definitely stay away, you know if that was me.
Speaker 2: Okay, now call us with any problem you might have. Three h three Martino is a good number two because you can call that twenty four to seven freight forwarding. Tom. I got an offer for a job, and I think I heard you talk about this once. All they said is I have to receive packages from a distributor and then send them to the end user. And I asked them, why would you have to do that? Why can't the distributor send them to the end user? And there was no good excuse or explanation for that. Why because it's called the freight forwarding scam. Here's what they do. The scam involves ordering stuff on stolen credit cards or fraudulently. So they order computers or cell phones or cameras or anything. They order stuff online, they use stolen credit cards, They send the stuff to you. What could go wrong? You now package it in another box and send it out to the end user. The end user is the guy that just scammed you or the woman that just scams you. So what happens when they investigate the stolen credit card it looks like whoops. You receive stolen merchandise or merchandise purchased with stolen credit cards, and you say, wait a minute, I didn't steal this stuff. I simply had a job forwarding it to the end user. Very seldom will investigators look beyond you and they charge you. You could get arrested. It absolutely happens, and you have to be very very careful. What were you going to say to you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, what an old scam.
Speaker 2: Oh you've heard of it before.
Speaker 1: Oh it's been going on for many, many, many years. And yeah, so you get caught holding the bag and it's good luck trying to prove you're not the actual scammer who used the stolen credit card. Right, I have another scam if you want, just found out about a couple of days ago. If you're ahead, So your mutual our mutual friend, yours and mine kimberly up the clinic and one of their customers a few days ago reported calling the clinic and the call was actually answered by a man with a heavy Indian accent, and he said, we're very sorry about the extended whole time. In order to compensate you for it, would like to send you one hundred dollars for your time. Man. Please have your bank account where you'd like this. Yeah, yeah, or you'd like this the positive.
Speaker 2: So when you give your bank account information at a routing number, what you're doing is giving them a key to your bank.
Speaker 1: Well you may as well just hand them the cash. You're done. So the lady was smart enough to figure out it's a scam, and she reported it to Kimberly's clinic And they've been investigating this for a couple of days. And what it turned out to be. They thought their number had been hijacked by the scammers. But what it turned out to be is the lady who called the clinic accidentally put in the wrong area code and there's and it just happens to be a number set up by scammers to capture wrong number calls. And this is their scam. I mean, what are the odds?
Speaker 2: So when you call a wrong number thinking it's close enough that they pretend they're the person, they.
Speaker 1: Pretend like you've reached the right business and they'd like to get you one hundred dollars for your inconvenience for the extent a whole time.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a scam.
Speaker 1: But what are the odds these people are sitting there harvesting wrong number calls. That's a hard way to make a living.
Speaker 2: All right, I have a question for Nick that just came in on windows. It didn't just come in. It came in the other day, but I remembered I had it. Nick Gravenus with us from Gravenus Windows. Here's the question. Hey, so somebody wants to know is there really a payoff going from double pain to triple pain? Now? I haven't heard much about triple pain. Are they pretty plentiful? Are they popular?
Speaker 1: Nick? What about them?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, it goes either way on it. You know, it's really about the setup of your house itself. You know, if we're talking, you know, an older home that has trees around and you know, maybe doesn't have insulation in the ceiling or the walls, you know, it may help more. You take a newer house and you know you have all the insulation and everything else, you know, with tons of sun exposure. I mean, it's possible to help too. But there's so many variables between a house from nineteen hundred to a twenty twenty halves.
Speaker 2: But in general, in general double to triple.
Speaker 6: They are more efficient at work. Yep, it can be, Yes, it really can be. Again, it's it's really about the setup of the house and the user and where they face and you know, all that stuff comes a factor.
Speaker 2: Okay, So as far as E what is this mirror? E mirror or what do they call it?
Speaker 6: Lowings?
Speaker 2: Low E coding? What about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So low massivity is what it stands for. It's it's you know, silver oxide. It's sprayed on. So it's basically almost like tenfoil for your windows that you can see through. And then it depends on how many coats of that we put on. That is how it performs as they work. That does does the coating work? Oh yeah, Loie's you know amazing, It's it's fantastic. So if you have tons of sun coming in, yeah you can. You can really get it to where it blocks the the heat out.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Danny call her Danny. You worked with Nick on a window issue. What was this window issue? Had you called me before, Danny?
Speaker 8: No, that was the first time I'd ever called you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what it was. Then what was the issue?
Speaker 8: The issue is that was the issue. They put the windows in my house, which is a passive solar house.
Speaker 6: So she had renewal by Anderson out and she had purchased windows through renewled by Anderson. She called in a couple probably about two months ago, sending some pictures. Had some moisture issues, she mold issues, dust issues. I offered, Mark got me on the area.
Speaker 2: And we and and Mark said, hey, let's go out there right and see what you find. What did you find?
Speaker 6: So she has a passive solar house. There's not many in Colorado, you know. And if you don't know what a passive solar house is, you know, especially with windows, is that you need clear glass. You want to let all the sun raise in. There's usually some source of you know, concrete clay that absorbs the heat over time throughout the day, and then that heat releases through the concrete the clay, whatever method you have, right, and it heats the home for the rest.
Speaker 2: And you can have air moving through it as well and circulate it to other parts of the house.
Speaker 6: Right. So Renewal By Anderson had sold her new doors and windows, which they installed just fine. But they gave her a glass that had the most heat reflectant coating on it, which is exactly opo, just.
Speaker 2: The opposite of what you need.
Speaker 6: Right. And so when I went up there, the first time. You know, I was up there for three hours with her and her husband went over everything again. They the installation of the windows, I think was was was was great really, I mean I think they did a killer job. But I do think they did her disservice with the glass package that they gave her. And so now their house is actually colder because they are not getting the solar game that they need for their house.
Speaker 2: Wow. So what's the solution.
Speaker 6: Well, so, unfortunately, you know, she has purchased some new windows through me with clear glass because their house is colder. I don't think renewal has been very good to them.
Speaker 2: So what is she doing with brand new renewal by Anderson windows she doesn't need.
Speaker 6: They're probably gonna go in the trash. I know she's still, I think probably working with them. But it's not the right windows for her house, right glass, I should say for her house.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you something. When you remove those windows, are they still intact? Are they good?
Speaker 6: They are? But they're probably custom built just like the ones I did, So they don't fit many other places unless it goes into like a rehab type situation. Yeah, it's not like a track house. No again, it's a passive solar house.
Speaker 1: That is so odd.
Speaker 6: So, I mean she's got dirt packed up on three sides. It faces southwest, all glass to help heat the home. The floor has clay tiles that come in about fifteen feet on that whole side, and that's what absorbs the heat all day and now their heat.
Speaker 2: I'm very interested in why these windows were sold to you, Danny. Did they explain to you it was going to actually keep a lot of the solar radiation out. Yeah.
Speaker 8: They told me there would be no heat coming in through the window, and I said, well.
Speaker 2: As long as the sun gets well okay, well hold on, hold on. Did you say I need heat coming through?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I told every one of them that came out here. I've had four people come out. They came.
Speaker 2: But then why did you agree? Why did you agree to purchase where they told you it would reduce the heat coming into the home.
Speaker 8: They said that the heat wouldn't come and he had a heat lamp and he said the heat wouldn't come in. I said, well, the sun has to come in and he said.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but you know no, it's actually just the just so he told you that the heat would come through and heat the tile. Do we have that in writing? Anyway? Do you well, do you have any of these?
Speaker 6: She has a text whim stating that she needs the least amount and it's from the stuff.
Speaker 2: Where are my hearing?
Speaker 1: Is rooster?
Speaker 2: Who has a rooster?
Speaker 1: She lives in the fort? Morgan, are right?
Speaker 2: You have a rooster? Well, isn't it late for that rooster to be crowing?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: So the way they did Still, the whole thing is is that she kept telling him she has a passive solar house and kept saying that she needs the heat to come in, and they kept saying basically yeah, yeah, And I don't think they understood what a passive solar house was. And I think they just kind of gave him the standard blast package from all the documentation I've.
Speaker 2: Seen, Hey, is that is that one of my honesty?
Speaker 11: God?
Speaker 5: Honestly, God, that is a real rooster that she's got several, Yeah, she's got several. Now, I swear I was darty.
Speaker 2: I could not stand that noise all day. We can only.
Speaker 1: Hey, yes, I have a suggestion that Danny might want to consider.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? That thing is really growing that much?
Speaker 1: Is he in the house?
Speaker 8: Because I don't have any service in out.
Speaker 1: Oh you're outside by the roosters. So Tom, would it sounds if she has this in writing, if there's a chain of communications where she located that she needs the sun heat to come into the house and they knew it, and.
Speaker 2: It's the misrepresentation, it could be called fraud in the inducement. If she can prove.
Speaker 1: It, I would call it something else. There's another concept called warranty of merchant ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, and I'm going to tell you will You're be wrong, really because those windows are doing exactly what they're advertised to do.
Speaker 1: Well, but they're doing the opposite of what.
Speaker 2: She But that's not the warranty. The warranty is what's in writing. Warranty of merchant ability is that window has to do what is set up to do. Let me give you an example. You buy a television and the television is purchased as it is, Yeah, as is where is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You pay fifty bucks for what should be eight hundred dollars TV, and.
Speaker 1: It turns out I can't watch Baywatch on No.
Speaker 2: It turns out that the TV is filled with it's a planter, it's filled with the rocks, and soil. And they say, oh, this is a planter. Now, merchant of a warranty of merchant ability is it's sold as a TV. It's a TV, it has the appearance of a TV. It has to be a TV. Okay, so a car can't be a planter. That's a really exaggerated thing. But if a window does exactly what it's sold to do, there's no merchant there's you're talking about breach of contract. But that's a verbal contract or a text contract, which I'm getting at fraud and the inducement they induced you to sign a contract based on false premise, and that is that that is the thing you go after them with. And I would how much did you spend for on those windows? Did they all have to be replaced? Nick? Or just some of them? So I can't stand those These rusts are driving me crazy. I'm just kidding. Hold exmple, I want to talk about that. Coming back. We got more coming up. Get your calls in if you need help, Let's try to help you too. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot net. You know I was just talking to Paul the Waterman this morning I'm telling you no one is offering this full service, full Monty water system for less money. Ever. In fact, you're gonna pay fifteen to twenty grand if you go through a plumber. Now he is a plumber, by the way, But what I mean is they have the lowest prices thirty nine to ninety five for softening your water, conditioning your water, taking out the harmful chemicals plastics forever chemicals, and drinking water at the kitchen sink reverse osmosis never better. Three oh three eight six, two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. We've been talking to this woman who's inundated with roosters and you hear them in the background. People thought I was playing sound effects and I wasn't. But I'll tell you what that's irritating. Now three all three, seven to one three talk. If you just tuned in, we are talking about roosters. So you can't call the FAA or FCC. Sorry. Anyway, I'm so used to flying, I say faa. Hey. Speaking of that, there were some people out in Mark's neck of the woods trying to get me in trouble for flying around and landing there. No, they weren't. Were they complaining, not at all?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Oh, I just want to know why they were a black helicopter flying around, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it sent some people off the edge that were a little schizoid anyway, So anyway, I want to ask you something, and I'm going to go back to this problem, but what do you think? What do you think in the top five top five areas in the States, in the country or district district of Columbia. To buy a home in the District of Columbia, it requires an income or combined income who's ever borrowing of two hundred forty thousand dollars in DC two hundred and forty thousand dollars. I would think Manhattan costs more. No, Manhattan's not in the top five. Hawaii's number two with two hundred and thirty five thousand, six hundred dollars. California is two hundred and thirteen, Massachusetts one hundred and seventy four thousand, and guess who's number five? An income to own a home Denver, Colorado, Colorado? Yeah, but like where Vail Aspen? Where? I mean, what does that mean? It says Here's what it says. It says the average home. Wow, No, it says typical home one hundred in Colorado. You need an income of one hundred and sixty eight thousand dollars for a typical home. Well, so what the hell is a typical home? Let's find out what a typical home is. Home is what.
Speaker 5: Twenty five hundred square foot, three bath, three bedroom?
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you know that? How did you know that? How did you know that?
Speaker 5: It's like every house in Red Hawk, every house and Highlands Ranch, every house everywhere.
Speaker 2: So the least amount of money to buy a house would be in West Virginia. How much you only need sixty four thousand dollars. I'm packing up the wife and the dogs and moving to Virginia. Think about that, man, that doesn't that's not a lot of money you could buy. I bet you could buy a mansion there for like four hundred thousand. Yeah. Probably. But so who wants to go to West Virginia? I mean, what is West Virginia like? I mean, it doesn't seem like it's a bad place.
Speaker 5: Isn't there there isn't that that John Denver song or No West Virginia?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait, wait, wait, wait wait Mountain Mama, let's talk about And then he talks about the Rockies too. But I'm trying to figure out what do I know about West Virginia. Oh, you got a pretty mouthful. Okay, we better get off of this subject. Three all three, seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Let's go back to the phones. Danny, Danny, I would let me turn that off? Okay, Danny. By the way, did you quiet down your roosters?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, By the way, this is pretty cool, Danny. You're out in the country, right and you have roosters. What else do you have out there?
Speaker 8: Mini Jersey milk pals and some turkeys?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Fooling.
Speaker 2: Which that turkey is it? What's that mark?
Speaker 1: She said?
Speaker 2: A mini jersey cow? Yeah? Yeah, they're cool. Oh there have you ever seen a mark? They're great? I didn't, did you? Did you? Do you use them for milk? They're very cute. They're not small. They're not that small.
Speaker 8: Though, well half the size of a normal jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but jerseys are big. So when people hear mini they're thinking like Minnie and they're they're not. They come up to your chest right the back, their back line comes up to your maybe you're the top of your belly.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Are they just for milking or what are they used for? Generally? Show and milking? And and some people they're a hobby, are they?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I thought so, really.
Speaker 8: Really and that gets in the meat tastes really good.
Speaker 2: Now do you do you do? Uh? Do you slaughter any of them? You know? Farmers have a whole different attitude about life and and and slaughter, Like like your roosters, what are roosters for? Do you eat roosters or do you eat chickens?
Speaker 8: We eat roosters, not chickens.
Speaker 2: Now are roosters chickens? Are they the same? I don't know anything I don't know anything about chickens. So hens and roosters. Are they both the same when it comes to meat content?
Speaker 8: No, the roosters are bigger. That's why we eat roosters.
Speaker 5: You got the hen. Okay, the chicken and the rooster. What's the difference between then and the chicken. Chickens are both roosters and hens. Mark, Chickens come like humans are male and female.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. So, so you got hens and roosters. Now do you have any trans roosters?
Speaker 8: Nope? Never seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey Dan Danny, I want to ask something seriously, do you really have a text from this place that sold you these windows?
Speaker 6: Hey, Tom, I talk about I have a text. If you want me to read.
Speaker 2: It, read it, tech Nick read it.
Speaker 6: So this is between her and a representative, and okay, she says, I'm concerned. I was at my sister's house today and there was no heat coming in at all from the sun, because I believe her sister had windows done by them. The guy that came to measure said Anderson has different glasses and that he would put a note that we want the one that lets the sun still heat. The want the one that lets the sun still heat. I thought I might double check, since our house gets mostly heated by the sun and the winter. We still haven't had to heat our house at all this year. And he replies, Hi, they are being built. As far as the heat gain, you will get some, especially in the winter when the sun is closer to the horizon. Due to government regulates for energy efficiency, we can't build a window that allows as much heat gain through yours as yours do now, which I don't know about that regulation.
Speaker 2: Well, I see, see, Nick, I don't find anything in error in what he's saying in that text. He's really covering his ass.
Speaker 6: Well, let's see. I hope that the guy that came to measure didn't set the expectation. Your door will be way more energy efficient than your current syle facing windows. So the great news is you still get tons of solar gain from those windows. High will heat your tiles and help okay your home.
Speaker 2: If she goes she goes to court on this or small claim, even small claims, guard how much did you spend on those windows, Danny.
Speaker 8: They're adding interest now, so we're almost at forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're not.
Speaker 2: Working with her all when you say adding interest. Wait when you say adding interest, Danny, did you pay anything out of pocket yet?
Speaker 8: No, I refuse to pay.
Speaker 2: She financed it through whatever company they use, green Sky. Green did you take a second on your house to finance Danny?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's the Green Sky. She did a program to them. But the other thing that's weird is that they pulled the money without her approval, so they put the loan through you sure of that? Well? I mean the contract reads weird where basically it says.
Speaker 2: Can we mention the company? Who is it?
Speaker 6: It's renewed by Anderson?
Speaker 8: And green Sky keeps telling it sounds like you're going to get your day in court from green Sky.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you never approved the money, they might be able to yank it from you know, the window company renewal.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, why have to take a break first, Shannon? Am I late? Shannon?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, let me take this break and come right back. Frank, you hang on there too. I want to hear from you. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Demitri.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Martino here. I want to go back to Danny, but first Frank, let's just get Frank in here because he has a quick comment. Go ahead, Frank, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Listen a quick shout out to one of your guests there, Nick Grena. Gervina's installed windows and two sliding doors in my house back in two thousand and nine, and I had a seal fail in the eight foot slider. They just replaced it under warranty and Brian did a fantastic job. Nick, so he did a great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I will use even it was sixteen years ago and I thought, well, I'm not going to get a window replace or a door replace, but they certainly did it. So when I need them in the future. I will use them in the future.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm glad that's Gravenus nine to fifty West Evans appreciate it. They literally put a sliding door in for us yesterday.
Speaker 2: What kind of warranty does that have.
Speaker 6: Nick, I mean the manufacturer gives you a lifetime limits of warrantines.
Speaker 10: Wow, yes, it was all sides.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so all side covered?
Speaker 2: Is we put it in yesterday. Your warranty is over. That's it. That's a beautiful Now that's some companies.
Speaker 10: Quick quick thing, if I can say real quick. I'd listened to your show for obviously many many years.
Speaker 11: And one of the reasons, thank you is Gradina's back in nine.
Speaker 10: Was because of you and your recommendation. And yeah, is your sister Gina she is, Yes, Yeah, Gina did one on my.
Speaker 11: Home back in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But anyhow know that Gina. Did you know that Gina was studying Gina was studying media and she was one she was an intern of mine. Yep, Oh really I didn't know. Oh yeah, she was a young woman. She was so cute. She was going to college and she did her internship with me and I taught her the right way, of course. Anyway, So then Gina, of course she gets drafted into the family business and and really, if you think about it, probably making way more than she would in broadcasting. You know, broadcasting has two flavors, low low low pay and high high high pay, and neither of them are fair. So anyway, can I add one more thing? But there's a yes, go ahead, the only thing, and then.
Speaker 10: I'll let you guys go for your listeners. You guys vet your vendors, and I've been listening to show your show for twenty or twenty five years and when you you venom, they are absolutely reliable and you can thank you so just want you guys, you know that, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. Now we made okay, thank you, bro. We made one mistake. It wasn't a mistake in the beginning, but it turned out to be a mistake because he started getting weak and we didn't catch it immediately, but we caught it pretty damn soon. You know how I'm talking about Mark? Yeah, I'd say two mistakes. That was solar Mark, yes, right. The other the other what happened was they were really they were really strong, and I believe the guy meant to do well and then somehow I think he got into that. Then he got into the some financial trouble. So it wasn't like he was a cheater. What's the number two mistake we made?
Speaker 5: Mark that damn fake stem cells, son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're right, But let's let's put this in perspective. The stem cell industry was completely new, so when they talked about stem cell therapy, I didn't know it from Adam and I did research, and even the research was wrong in other words, not wrong, but there was enough on Google to support the false premise that that umbilical cord blood contains stem cells and you could ship them across the country and derive stem cells from them, and when it turns out that's right. So it turns out that while these fluids do have stem cells, in order to ship stem cells, they have to be condensed, and you can't condense them under FDA approval because FDA says once you condense and manipulate them, they become a drug, so you can't do that. So the only way to ship stem cells would be in their raw form, and when they get to the to the point where they're going to be used. It turns out to be ineffective. In fact, one or two will live out of billions. So the one who discovered and exposed it was Centeno. I had doctor Centeno, Chris Centeno. And then what happened was they told me Tom, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, here, what you're ready to.
Speaker 5: I was ready to jump in. I didn't know what happened there to you?
Speaker 2: You are many, He's Mark. I love Mark on the ready man. Move that corpse out of the way. We're ready. Take Tom out feet first, and then he says, call the corner. I'm up anyway, Just kidding three O three seven one, three eight five had Nick Gravin is our guest Major Mark Major of course in the studio with our guest and Mark, what I want to ask you yes when it comes to this solo, because Mark has a good mind for attacking problem.
Speaker 5: I think as much as Anderson charges for their product and what their charge and what their product is, and we haven't got a lot of really complaints on him over the years, we simply have for as large as the cord windows, I think they dropped a ball on this.
Speaker 2: They got enough money to where they should have just made this right.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, I think, yeah, someone she's going to end up taking them to court.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, because I'm going to give this to me, I'm going to give this to Deputy d because you feel strongly about what the merchant of worn, well, what was it? None of that's going to matter the people that are going to come after. So hold on, wait, wait, we're running out of time. We'll come back. Go with a sure thing Denvers best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Ripped.
Speaker 1: News who you don't have the.
Speaker 3: Runous came, no shoot us, gonna help come thing.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, say complaints. Let me set the stage. Deputy d and Deputy Bow with me at the Mother Show, well the satellite ship. And then we have market the Mothership with Nick Gravina from Gravino Windows Siding Doors nine to fifty West Evans. So let's talk about things on your mind, things we can help you with. And we've had quite a spirited discussion on this window thing, and actually it's way bigger than windows. And let me tell you why. Many many times when we get calls on this show, they purchased what they purchased and they got what they purchased but there were promises or comments made outside of the contract, and the question is what happens then if it doesn't measure up to the comments or promises. Well, there's a few principles of law here. One primary one would be called fraud in the inducement. Now it's a little complicated to explain, but I think you induced you to sign a contract based on fraud or what is fraud? A lie? Possibly? Right? So in other words, what constitutes fraud in the inducement? Obviously you would have to prove it right in the inducement? So how would you prove it? I think a text message would be pretty good proof right now, according to the cases we've had in the past. Again, I don't practice law, don't pretend to, but it's deception used to persuade someone into an agreement. And even though it's not mentioned in the agreement, it is a misrepresentation of a material fact. So it has to be a false representation made and it must be a material fact. Well, in this case, the woman purchased new windows for her home to the tune of forty grand and that those windows did not let through enough solar energy, and she specifically wanted ones in a passive solar home to pass through solar energy. She got just the opposite. Now, they're good windows, but in her case they actually made her home less efficient. So that is a material fact. Now the person making that material statement, that false statement, must listen to this, must know it's false. If they honestly believe what they're saying, guess what, it may not rise to the level of fraud. And now the other thing is that the buyer must rely on it. And that's the reason the buyer decided to go through with the contract, And specifically that text was specifically dealing with the solar energy from these windows. So then the next is they relied on it and signed the contract. The key element of fraud here is not about the contract itself being fake. Every aspect of the contract could be true, and it could be exactly what she purchased, but it is the tricking of someone to sign it. So if someone says, hey, this car has never been in an accident, but it really was, and you buy it. But the contract has a contract for a car as is nineteen or twenty eighteen or whatever, the contract's not false. But there was fraud in the inducement. Now, listen, usually you convoid that contract and in some cases even have damages. What were you going to say, Dimitri, what do you think? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that the Rooster lady who called us has an even bigger problem, which is.
Speaker 2: The Russ lady is the one who bought those windows from Renewal by Anderson thinking they were going to help her, when in actually they were in her case with a passive solar home where not that it was not what she needed.
Speaker 1: Well, tell, let's not lose to the fact that I think she's facing a much bigger issue than the wrong windows, which is she's not making payments to the finance company. So regardless of the point, regardless of how these windows worked out to her, they're gonna come after her for forty thousand plus costs.
Speaker 2: Well, especially if it's an independent loan company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can say no, it is time, and it's and and so Kelly is trying to reach Neil Hollington from Hollington Law down in Parker and mister Hollington has been a great resource for us in the past. He's very knowledgeable. All he does is he practice practices this very narrow area of law that dealing with contractors. So it'd be great if he has time to come on and weigh in on this topic and see if maybe the Rooster Lady is an appropriate client for him, and I mean Rooster Lady respectfully. I just forgot her name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it'll be her name?
Speaker 6: Is Danny?
Speaker 2: Better than call? Never mind, I'm not going to go there. Be better than calling.
Speaker 1: I know what you were going to say to No, No, I'm not Let's not do that.
Speaker 2: You having a question for Nick Gravina, go ahead, and then we have to go to Don. In fact, let's go keep that on home. I'm going to go to Don first. Callers always get priority. Don go ahead, head, what's going on with you? Don?
Speaker 13: I have a problem with the Bunyan Chure Center. They did some surger around my.
Speaker 2: Bunyan Cure Center. May I ask if you if you have uh a podiatrist or an MD.
Speaker 13: Now it looks like it.
Speaker 2: Not all podiatrists. Not all potiatrists are mds. They go to a special school, much more limited and they can't go beyond the foot. So in your case, when you went to this Bunyan center, is this did you get treated by a podiatrist or an MD?
Speaker 13: It's yeah, a doctor of pyliatric Medicine. It says Board.
Speaker 2: Certified Podiatric of Podiatric Medicine. Yes, yeah, so it's a podieatris. Again, they are medical doctors, but only for the ankle and foot. They are licensed physicians. They can perform surgeries, they can preside medication, and they can do imaging and tests and treat injuries and deformities of the feet and ankles. They're called DPMs. Okay, so now what is your problem with this center?
Speaker 13: Well, I had my big toe was crooked and it was you know, my second toe was sticking up, and I went down okay, said that they could do the procedure.
Speaker 2: And now what procedure did they say they could do?
Speaker 13: Well, they said they could straighten out my toes and make everything you know, aligned and back the.
Speaker 2: Way it's full and what would What did you tell me was the formal name of this place.
Speaker 13: It's called the Bunyan Cure. It's on coal Mine Road, yes.
Speaker 2: In Littleton. Okay, Now what happened? What went wrong?
Speaker 13: Well, they did that, they broke my toes and lined them up and it's like it was doing okay, And now like six or eight months later my right toe, my big toes grown back to the right, and all my toes are all sticking up and in that really.
Speaker 5: Bad major tobro sideways. I guess I knew. I thought a bunyan was like like a like a ward or something.
Speaker 2: What is a bunyan? Well, okay, but but Mark, I understand this. It the bunyon itself is on the side of a foot, on the left or right, and it is a malformation of the joint. Now what or not? Not actually of the joint, but it's like a big giant piece of arthritis for lack of a better term. You know, it's it's an amazing growth. But was your Here's what I want to know, though, Were your crooked? Were your crooked toes a result of a bunion?
Speaker 13: That's what they said, because the point did they did they put a rod in your foot?
Speaker 2: Did they put a rod in your foot?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then and did they actually shave off the bunion itself?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 2: And so it did not hold. That's what I don't understand. What did First of all, let me ask you this, Okay, I have no reason to believe that you're dealing with quacks. So what did they say, when you said, hey, it did not hold, you must have gone back to them.
Speaker 13: Yes, And then they said, well, sorry, it's because of your nerves and your stuff in your foot, and now my right foot is worse now than it was before.
Speaker 2: And now did you both be done?
Speaker 1: It was come up?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: And is only the right foot? Is only the right foot worse? Or did they both? Did they both revert back to a bad condition?
Speaker 13: Now my left foot is still okay, except for my toe is like it looks like it's really big and purple. But my right foot is the one that was the major issue, and now it's worse than it was because my toes are like done.
Speaker 2: My question is this My question is this, is this condition on your right foot the same as you had before but worse or is it a different condition?
Speaker 13: It's worse than it was before. It's a little and it just seems like it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Okay. Is it possible that they're telling the truth that hey, we can't help it. Your nerves are such that it brought back the condition. I don't understand how it could come back if they put a rod in your foot.
Speaker 13: Right and they're saying that they're telling me that they explained to me all this information and I have all the paperwork confronted me and it has nothing to do with it. It costs me twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Did your insurance pay for it?
Speaker 13: My insurance paid some of it, Jesus.
Speaker 2: And how long did it take for it to come back? A year?
Speaker 13: A little bit last, probably eight months or so. So I talked to him today and I sent him pictures of my toe or my feet, and they're like blowing me off and they don't care.
Speaker 2: Let's put deputy doc on a phone call Mark. I looked up this. I looked this up and it said there are several reasons why these issues come back even after the rod placement and successful surgery, and they're not always due to a mistake. According to my boyfriend, there are underlying foot mechanics that can cause it to come back, including nerve conditions and Achilles tendons. I mean, it's very possible. I don't know how to put this, but it's very possible. But they that.
Speaker 13: Rod out, yes, when they said my toe is pine. They took the rod out like six months ago and they said, hey, everything's good, and they pulled the rods out.
Speaker 2: Are the rods meant to come out? Did they take the rods out of both feet?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that normal?
Speaker 13: Out of both toes? Huh?
Speaker 2: Is it normal?
Speaker 14: I guess.
Speaker 13: So that's what they told me. They said, Hey, the toes doing good, it's healing. We're going to pull the rods out. And they pulled the rods out. And then once they pulled the rods out, then my toes started doing the same thing they did before.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, looking this up on a website for medical issues, it says that any of these rods or pins are meant to be term temporary, but there are some that are permanent. So listen, I let me just explain something to your bottom line here. In order for this to be malpractice it would have to be a condition that was caused by them or their inadequacy to do the procedure correctly. Do you believe that's it or do you believe that possibly you just have a complicated foot issue.
Speaker 13: Yes, that's probably true. But I'm not trying to get mountpracticed. I just want them to help me.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that is fair. Don are when you say when you say you're looking for them to help you my question, are you looking okay? No? But are you looking for maybe a discount going forward? No?
Speaker 13: I just want them to fix it and help me, but they're blowing me off.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you can't even get a follow up visit just to help you.
Speaker 5: Why not find another doctor at this point? If you do have medical insurance, why not why not find somebody better?
Speaker 2: Don? Well, first of all, Mark, I don't believe he said insurance. Else are you on Medicare? I'm just asking because you sound older?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 13: I'm on Medicare and I'm on Medicare and I have segment and they paid an only nine of this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bo, Bo had a question?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, boy?
Speaker 1: So Don, did you get a hold of that money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Don?
Speaker 2: Did I understand that?
Speaker 15: Did you get hold of doctor Jordan's Sullivan He seems to be the managing partner of this Bunyan care center. Did you get a hold of him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 13: He did, Yes, I I texted him, I send him pictures of my thing. And then that doctor Sullivan, I talked to the owner, whatever his name is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael, here's what I Here's what I'm thinking. Why don't we call over there now? Obviously they will not talk to us about the call, but we can call and say, look at you're you know, we understand. Here's what we say. We understand you can't talk to us about this specific case, but we want you to know that your client or your patient did contact us and they're concerned that you won't do follow up care. And before we take this to another level, we want we are asking you to reach out to your client. Bo, you could do that.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 13: I talked to the doctor and he and said he couldn't hear me. He said he couldn't hear me, and he hung.
Speaker 14: Up on me.
Speaker 2: And then all right, we're gonna make sure he does hear you. Let's just put it that way. We're gonna make sure he does hear you. I didn't take the fifth, did I? Shannon? All right, I gotta take this break. Bo. Let's talk to him off the here and get this done. I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out Now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Let's continue where we were. Who wanted to say something? I guess I guess the deputy Bow wanted to say something to Don about the foot doctor. But we we are going to call over there and light a fire. But what issue did you want to bring up about that? Bow?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I looked it up.
Speaker 15: It seems like this Bunyan Cure Center has almost a five star review.
Speaker 1: It seemed like they're a pretty good outfit. But as soon as Kelly gets me the.
Speaker 15: Uh last name, I will call over there and then add a question for Nick Gravina regarding the run right.
Speaker 2: So Don hang on and we will be in touch with you and get close to your mind, please, okay? So then go ahead for Nick, Nick, have a.
Speaker 15: Question on d Dana that you went on the rooster Lady d Now.
Speaker 2: The Rooster Lady is the one that had windows installed, and she was promised it would let enough solar radiation into her home so her passive solar home would still be operational. As it turns out, it really cut down on the efficiency of her home and it did not let solar radiation through as they promised.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, right, So Nick, in case she can't get a resolution with renewal by Anderson, is it possible just to replace the pane of glass that would be so expensive?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know, but Nick, go ahead. If she wanted to go around that house, well, they already replaced the windows. I'm sure Nick would have looked at other options. But Nick, what is the practicality of doing away with that lowy? You know, to do a new pane of window?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you know you could switch out the glass. That's what I told her I would do if I was in the situation. You know, if my salesman will you would hold on you.
Speaker 2: You're talking about replacing the actual insulated glass unit, the IGU, the whole unit.
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Can you do that efficiently? Can you do that for cost efficiency?
Speaker 6: We do it all the time. We just did it with the guy that called in earlier.
Speaker 2: Frank, really explain how that works, because I'm fascinating by that. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: So we just did it at Mark's house yesterday as well. I mean, he had one above his door that failed unit in it. And most glasses just sealed to the frame. If it's wood, if it's fiberglass, if it's vinyl. There's some that are trapped in the sash farm, few in between, but there are some I'm not too familiar with the renewal product if they are. But most of the stuff we sell our vinyl, fiberglass and wood windows can all be the glass can all be removed for warranty issues and reset back in the existing frame.
Speaker 2: Okay, So had she done the IGU replacement the insulated glass unit, And the reason I say that is because I want to explain to people, you're not taking out one pane of glass, You're taking out the whole unit and putting in a brand new one. Sure, So had she done that, would it have been cheaper than replacing all the windows?
Speaker 6: It possibly can, It just depends on which outfit does it. But the problem with that if the if the manufacturer themselves do not do it, then usually the warranty goes away. So if she hired AB.
Speaker 2: Said you would have done it, but you said you would have done it.
Speaker 6: I was saying, if my salesman went up and did not key in on her passive solar house, and I got involved, and I went up there said yes, this is a passive solar house, I would have immediately said we're going to switch out your glass with what should be for your house. That's what I would have done as a company if we would have made the same mistake. I get it. Yeah, so it's and again if I don't know if my company can do that, because I didn't look at them like that when I was up there. But if they could be removed, I could have given her that option. But again there would be like knock, got to be no warranty involved from her old windows. That's the bad thing about switching out glass from somebody. That's not what the manufacturer.
Speaker 15: Well, well, Nick, maybe the Rooster lady can just call renewal and then maybe have a negotiation.
Speaker 2: Well, she already put one windows in. Well she already went through.
Speaker 1: It, but the glass is wrong. Just to replace the glass, but.
Speaker 2: She already put in all new windows isn't that right, Nick?
Speaker 6: Not all of them? And again she I'm gonna do some new ones for her, just the ones that make the biggest difference for him. But she's tried to get a hold of them and they just don't even want to talk to her.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, how much of the job did you, guys? Redo?
Speaker 6: We haven't redone it yet. It's there on order we're redoing.
Speaker 2: So right now, nothing has actually been done to her home.
Speaker 6: The Renewal replaced one, two, three, four I think four window openings in a patio order and then I'm replaced.
Speaker 2: So renew will already replace And what did they replace them with.
Speaker 6: The Renewal by Anderson product?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But is it the correct glass?
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't mean they replaced him after the problem. He means that's what they did originally.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, right, and then also placing two windows in the patio door because those are the ones that affect them the most.
Speaker 2: Right now, the one okay, So if you replace those windows in the patio door that Renewal did, how much of that job was done needlessly? In other words, what did she pay for that part.
Speaker 6: Of the job from Renewal everything? Yes, I want to say everything she did with Renewal. I want to say was somewhere around I want to say twenty eight, oh, twenty eight okay, and then but she has interesting how much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I want to know though, how much was the part that was done wrong? Well?
Speaker 6: If yeah, the whole the whole window job that they did. As far as I'm concerned, they gave her the wrong glass, right, I get it.
Speaker 2: But how much to correct the patio part, which is the most important. How much did she spend on that?
Speaker 6: I would have to look at it. Probably ten probably ten grand?
Speaker 2: Okay. The reason I'm saying this, Nick, and I'm being so exacting, is I'm thinking small claims court. You know, seventy five hundred bucks. Right, you go to small claims court, you bring the text in, it's relaxed rules of evidence, and at least she'll get something, because otherwise we're looking at hiring an attorney and doing a giant you know where it almost never pays. Have you tried talking to Renewal specifically about this?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 6: I've tried to instruct her on what to Colin Bell and ask about. They won't talk to her. Green Sky the finance company won't talk to her. It just seems like she's in a vortex of you know, no help. That's why I got involved.
Speaker 2: Now. Is renewal by Anderson one company? Or are there are several that do renewal by Anderson?
Speaker 6: It's one company, but there's a couple in this day and they're privately owned.
Speaker 2: Okay, so each So if you look up renewal by Anderson, if you look up renewal by Anderson in Denver, you're only going to get one company, right.
Speaker 6: There's a Denver one or Collins one. And I never really have complaints about him, you know, they've been around forever. We really don't. Again, the installation was great. I just think they did a disservice, not with the glass, you know. And and to me, it's frustrating that if you're in this industry and to say that you have a an energy mandated uh, you know, no, I get it. I don't know. So I talked to the building department up there and I told him the scenario and he knows. The lady said, hey, with the passive solar house, I know you guys want a certain rating. But he's like, I understand passive solar houses and just get me what you know we can do here, and he was he understood, just fine, And so to tell him that's what what the government wants is also not a great statement.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we have open lines. If you have a problem question, you can quite three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, fix It twenty four to seven can do an extreme clean of your AC before it gets really hot with a no breakdown guarantee. It's a practical refurbishment of your entire system for thirty nine bucks for customers that never had it done before. They want to show you what they can do. Fix my home dot com Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three a two five five three zero three Martina, what do we got cooking up here?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Jay job.
Speaker 5: Here's your question on protecting assets, okay, protecting the asses.
Speaker 14: Before mark, Before you start yelling at me, I just want to say ours immigration and today's laws. Today, current immigration was none of us would be here from Europe, none of our European descents would be able to immigrate to this country on today's laws. Now that I said that, let me get the question.
Speaker 2: I have a jay jjjj Wait a minute, wait a minute, explain what you mean by that.
Speaker 14: That's when all our ancestors came from Europe. It was open immigration from the eighteen eighties to the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: That's when the majority you know why right? Well suppose you know why? Right?
Speaker 14: For the why.
Speaker 2: Because because it was because it was a time when our population was next to nothing and we need did the influx of people like just what you said, Okay, that's why the Statue of Liberty was put up there, and we invited people from all walks of life. It's but they still had to go through a little bit of something. It wasn't much, but it was a whole different time. Jay, I just want to ask you something. I promise you I'm not gonna yell at you neither remark do you feel that the do you feel that the current immigration laws are too restrictive when enforced?
Speaker 14: Personally? Say, I think the borders should be impenetrable, there should be no we should have walls and everything else. Although forty percent of these immigrants are coming through the airports which fake visas.
Speaker 2: But it answered, but go ahead, go ahead. What were you the laws? You're restrictive?
Speaker 14: Yes, because there is no legal way for a peasant emphasis on the word peasant, uneducated peasant from Guatemala. There was no legal mechanism for them to immigrate to the United States. It's all I would guarantee you. Maybe the ninety percent of all current immigrants are here through fraud or or through someone else that got here through fraud or through Reagan's amnesty program. I can guarantee you that I know this system very well. I know this system so well because my wife's from Thailand. You know my wife, of course, she used to work at Georgie's station break in your lobby.
Speaker 2: I love her yes, was one.
Speaker 14: Well, the older one was Tom Stree or Rim and the younger one who was my wife was b b e B.
Speaker 2: I remember B. I remember b What a lovely woman. And how do you know what Georgie's doing right now?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 14: No, I spoke to him about ten years ago, and I don't know what he's doing now.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Jay, what is your question on protecting assets?
Speaker 14: Okay? I have a friend. He's a restaurant manager. He's from Mexico. He came here illegally when he was eighteen, about twenty twenty five years ago. He now speaks to the English fluently. He's in his forties. He's married to a Mexican who's also illegal. They have a thirteen and fifteen year old kid. He recently applied with an immigration attorney to become legal through some I don't think he's going to get some hardship case. Because his father died at the age of eleven. I don't know he'll get his green cousin or not. Well. Anyway, over the years, he has worked six or seven days a week, you know, many hours a day. He now owns five properties. By the way, I send you an email called immigration a help at troubleshoe at dot com anyway, okay, And he has an individual tax what's it called iti N number, which is called Individual tax Payer Identification number, which is a number for illegals basically to pay taxes. He has a Colorade drive license that they do give it out to illegals. He owns five properties. There's a law now that if you get a deportation right now. He thought he was protected from any possibility of deportation. It seems like things are a little bit less how do I say concrete? And he's worried that if he got a deportational order and he does not self deport, if he just takes off, there's they can find him nine hundred and ninety eight dollars a day and go after his assets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, Jay, I'm going to come right back and we'll address this coming up. Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Arts, you know I want to go back to Jay and I'll sum it up. Jay's friend has accumulated some wealth. He's here illegally. He's afraid if he gets fined or deported, he's going to lose his assets because they can, as with any government fine, they can attach assets. He wants to know how he protects them, Well, Jay, legally if it's if they're his properties, the government ken and will attach them if it's part of a fine. So obviously the best thing to do is to put himself in a position where he's not being fined. But another thing he can do is this, and it requires extreme trust. He would form an LLC for his five rental properties or for each rental property, and he would have a silent part He would have a partner like you or someone legal in the United States, to take control of the LLC. Very seldom will they go in and take his individual interests. Now, if they suspect it's done fraudulently, all bets are off. Now again, when I say this, people might say, well, are you encouraging them to do something fraudulently. No, I'm not, Jay, because you can legally buy into that LLC for a dollar or two or five or ten or one hundred, and then you can legally get bought back out again. And you don't have to make a profit. No one says you have to make make a profit. And he's allowed to do that. He's allowed to sell his interest to you, and he's allowed to buy it back. But it requires a friendship and extreme trust. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I have a couple of questions. It could be to a brother or sister who's here legally also, right, that would be an option, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right. Place they should buy his interests. They should buy his interests all but maybe five percent of it, and then sell it back to him when he gets everything straightened out and that.
Speaker 14: But if I did it, I would have to report that all my annual income tax.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, there's no Well, if there's income in the LLC and you control it, yes, that would go on your ledger, but then you could also settle up with him later on in life when it gets straightened out. You keep a ledger of any additional tax you would have to pay. Most of the time, there's really not that much tax with rentals until you sell them. But if he's making a boatload of money, yeah, you would have to declare it. You stick around if you have more specific questions. I'm Tom Martino. Jennifer's coming up next with air conditioning questions and more. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Ripped of.
Speaker 1: News needs who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come runing as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show, Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, Hey, Tom Marchino. Here, let's talk about your problems, questions and complaints in what would can do to help you? This hour brought to you by Frank durand The real Estate Man dot Com. Frank will give you a complete market evaluation of your home to tell you what it will sell for, what you will clear, and what you can buy. All of that analysis is free of charge. Complementary of Frank Duran, one of the most prolific real estate brokers in the state, selling for more money and for quicker than most. That's Frank Duran, The real Estate Man dot Com. Three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Welcome, all right, so let's talk. I'm going to finish up with Jay. Jay said he has a friend here illegally for many many years, has kids, a wife, and his wife's here illegally as well. He's accumulated five rental properties. He fears he's going to be fined or losing his assets if he's supported. He wants to know what he can do to protect them until he gets everything straightened out. As I said before, it takes a certain level of trust. You have a friend or a relative, and they can easily buy your shares of the LLC. And it has nothing to do with anything except you put the properties in the LLC and then you sell them, and you can sell them for anything you want. Not the properties, but you sell the LLC share for anything you want. They retain ownership or majority until you straighten all your stuff up and you buy it back for the same price. No big deal, no tax consequences, nothing. But if the LLCs make money and you own the LLC while it's making money, you would have to if you are helping this guy out, you would have to declare that income. But you could keep a ledger for later on. And if you had to pay some extra tax, you can have him pay you back for that. It's all a matter of trust. Jay, What are your follow up questions?
Speaker 14: Well, let me ask. We have farming this who owned businesses in America all the time because his mother in Mexico own it.
Speaker 2: Yes, if she's legally in Mexico, she can own a US property. Yes, he could.
Speaker 14: He could. She could be the one who buys it. Now she would have to file American incompact on any profit.
Speaker 2: I assume on any income she makes in the States, on any income in the States.
Speaker 14: That's right, yep, even though she's in Mexico, never leaves Mexico stations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, people can own property in America. In fact, ask the Chinese.
Speaker 14: Right, right, that's exactly. Let me ask you one more question. You said the LLC, which he has them in sept the LLCs. My other question is is there any other kind of trust or land trust, property trust that you know of that would be that would be more of a protective instrument.
Speaker 2: No, And first of all, there is no trust. There would be no reason to do it a trust, and a trust would not protect anything because if he's in control of the trust, then they can take anything they want on from his trust. The only way he could do it in a trust to protect it is an irrevocable trust or an offshore trust. But you get into all that crap and he gets really complicated and it gets weird. So I would not mess with an irrevocable trust. He might get himself into a position he doesn't like, and I would not mess with an offshore trust.
Speaker 14: Okay, it sounds like having his mother take ownership of it from Mexico might be the best why not? Yeah, of course, very much.
Speaker 2: But he has to have a sale. He has to have a sale of the of the interest in the LLC.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, I understand that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that yet, and he might want to, he might want to. They might want to talk to an accountant about the tax implications, because you want to make sure that it doesn't mess up his basis on his properties. And the way you get around that is easy. You can have them purchase it for the real basis and you can have a small amount of money down and he can hold the other in a note, or it can be a promisory note. There are ways to legally do it, but I don't think it will mess up his basis by selling interest in an LLC. But you might want to check with taxing authorities both in Mexico of his mother's going to do it, and hear what his ramifications are, because you don't want him selling it for a dollar and finding out later on that his basis is a dollar. Although that won't be the end of the world anyway, because if it's rental property, going to have to pay gain. I'm Tom Martino. Well, Jennifer's next, Jennifer, what is your question? On air conditioning.
Speaker 12: It's really a recommendation. My ho ads right now are just not affordable. I'm in Colorado Springs And a separate topic, which I won't go into, is it's a correct HOA. But that's another story. But I have to move into a much smaller condo that has lower HOA dues and it does not have AC installed currently, and I have been all over the internet looking for the best deal I can find, and I'm not finding it.
Speaker 10: So I thought you.
Speaker 12: Guys might know who to call.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jennifer, I have a few questions for you. Okay, am I correct in assuming you sold your old condo and moving into another one.
Speaker 12: I am about to sell because I cannot afford the HOA dues here into a one bedroom and ninety two square foot one bedroom that hasn't made.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're you're going to have a big problem. Let me tell you about the big problem. If you're moving into a new condo, that's not the problem. It's easy. You say your current unit and you're buying a new one. Okay. Now the problem is if there's no AC in it, you're going to get no, You're you're not going to be able to get a company to put an AC unit in a condo. Every company I know will not do it. They do not work on condos. They don't want responsibility, they don't want any part of it. But but it might be different in your case. So I'm going to ask a few questions. Yeah, are these totally independent heating and air units in each condo? Yes?
Speaker 12: And everyone has them on the roof? Who has gotten them? They're they're all there's a place?
Speaker 2: So are these? Are these more like town homes? Are these town homes?
Speaker 12: No condos?
Speaker 2: So? How explain to me how that works? So you have a building, let's say, how many in a building? Oh?
Speaker 12: Boy, I think the number I read was ninety ninety in one.
Speaker 2: Building in one building and possible yeah.
Speaker 14: Well no in little set buildings.
Speaker 2: So I'm asking you in one building, how many Condosh there's three floors?
Speaker 12: I think three on each floor?
Speaker 7: So nine?
Speaker 13: So nine?
Speaker 2: So if you look at a building, you see nine different AC units on the roof.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I know neighbors down there has had hers and stalls. It's almost everyone has them up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you need to do is find out who did them, because I know of no companies that will go on a condo roof, install an air conditioner and plummet to your unit. I know of none. It's the one of the most difficult things to have done. If you have a condo, if you want a water heater, if you want an AC, if you want a furnace, if you want anything like that, it's almost impossible to get someone to work on your unit. And Bo, what are you going to say?
Speaker 15: Go ahead, bo, Jennifer, this is BO. Is this a brand new installation or repair?
Speaker 6: No, this is not.
Speaker 2: This is a unit in an existing condo buildings. It's an existing condo unit and her one bedroom condo does not have AC and she wants it installed.
Speaker 1: How about just put a mini splait in that room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, who's gonna install it? Well, I know too, right off the bed. Okay, if you know them, then give her the names, because I know of not one company. Because of liability nowadays, I don't know of one company that will work on group or condo developments. Not one.
Speaker 1: Is it two story or a three story building?
Speaker 12: It's for free, But there's hookups like it's ready to be installed up on the road.
Speaker 2: Wait, what kind of hookups? Are we talking about.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I've been climbed on the roof.
Speaker 12: But there's an easy access to the roof.
Speaker 2: No, But I mean you say there are hookups. Is it already pre plumbed from the roof to the unit?
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, you know that for sure.
Speaker 12: Yes, because somebody who owned one had one installed a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that makes it easier. But I still don't know anyone who will take the responsibility of going on a condo roof or installing a condo unit. But bo, who do you know that we'll do it?
Speaker 6: I know two companies, Well who are they?
Speaker 15: Okay, Forward Motion Mechanical and Wilderness Construction. They will work on those condo units. And it sounds to me, Jennifer, you already have the suction, the suction and liquid line already.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what she says.
Speaker 1: That's what she says.
Speaker 15: If you want to, I can give you the numbers off the air if Kelly, I'll get you give me your phone number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says he knows some companies that will do it. But keeping just you know, and and I don't mean to be discouraging. I'm just saying that it's it's difficult. Have you ever found it difficult getting stuff done on your other condo?
Speaker 5: Never?
Speaker 11: When did this law or change coming?
Speaker 2: There is no there is no law. There is no law, no law. Anybody can work on anything, Okay, in the last in the last five years. Okay, you can prove it to yourself. Just call just call a company. Just call a company and ask them if they'll work on a condo. It's very very difficult, difficult. And I'll tell you why, because if any problems result as a result of the installation at all, the HOA will not hesitate to sue the contractor.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: So if they went up on your roof and there was a roof leak, and they had nothing to do with the roof leak, but the HOA wanted to make life difficult, the HOA, because they have pulled resources, might take that contractor to court and that contractor will have to spend a crap load of money just to get rid of it.
Speaker 12: Okay, it's just very hard.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, we're going to give you that information. I want to know something, Jennifer, what work if you had done on the previous condo, you had.
Speaker 14: Nothing.
Speaker 12: It came with an acy.
Speaker 2: So, but did you ever have did you ever have a water heater or anything like that work done?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure many times.
Speaker 12: And I had a home warranty all that stuff because those at the water heater at the furnace are inside the unit.
Speaker 14: The AC is outside the in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mark, don't you didn't they even say, the companies, we know that even if the water heater is inside the unit, they will not they will not mess with them. Isn't that Ryan? Generally speaking? That is correct?
Speaker 5: I know, like fix it plumbline, you might get master rooter out into a scenario like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then Bo has some recommendations, So we'll give you those recommendations off the air. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey, if you want a beautiful walk in shower and get rid of that shub the shower tub combos that are ugly and get a beautiful rectangle shower with sheet porcelain. Looks like a million bucks, no maintenance. They can do it in two or three days. All kinds of options for repayment with lower no interest renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archino, your troubleshooter three o three have it on three eight two five five. We're always here to help you, So get your calls in and we'll do what we can. We have Nick Gravina's with us in the studio from Gravina's window siding and doors. And this is a question on siding. Nick, do you like hardyboard?
Speaker 6: It's okay in my book, it's got its place. It's great for fire ratings.
Speaker 2: Okay, And explain what hardyboard is made of. Isn't it sementuous material with wood or not?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's wood. It's there's some fiber in there, so I think it's more of like, you know, a fiberglass type strand with a with a sementious you know base.
Speaker 2: And can it absorb water if you if you uh? Is this the kind of siding that you have to install just right or you know? Because on some of them, if you penetrate the surface with a nail or a screw it it opens it up for uh deterioration. Is that the case with hardyboard or or not.
Speaker 6: I don't think it has a lot of that, but I think almost everything has some type of absorption, but it's got it's very very minimal. What is your preference on sighting? Truthfully, my favorite type of sighting is steel siding. I think some of the paints that we put on it are the best for Colorado's Sun, the least maintenance out of them. The thing with hardy is there's a lot of cocking involved and that is a large maintenance item over years. So with steel you don't have all that cocking and it's one of the most maintenance free products there is, and I think it stands up to the elements here significantly.
Speaker 2: Well So are we so are we talking about vinyl coated steel or straight steel.
Speaker 6: It's steel in the coatings we use a lot now are a Kinar paint, which is a floral palmer. It's one of the best external paints for.
Speaker 2: So basically is the steel primed when you put it up and then you paint it.
Speaker 6: No, they all come pre finished from the factory.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that paint is good for how long?
Speaker 6: Most of our Kiners will give you a thirty five year no chalk, no fade warm.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Right, that's oh my god.
Speaker 2: So that's a kind r coded steel siding. What do you think about aluminum siding or is that all but gone?
Speaker 6: You know, I think it's still out there. It's very very far and few in between. Every once in a while will get an insurance claim on one. It exists, but it dent so easy. It's just not really a thing that I think people replace with anymore.
Speaker 2: And then what about straight extruded vinyl. It seems to me that those are plagued with warping and waving and they look terrible. What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yes and no, I mean I think there's some cheap panels out there that definitely do that. But it does come down to the installation of vinyl. Installation of vinyl has to be done directly. You can't overtighten the fasteners, and that's where we see a lot of the issues. So if you install it right, okay, but in a decent quality one. We've actually done tons of jobs that still look great. But yes, there's horror stories out there because it's a cheap one on a complex and just nailed up with a compressor which you probably shouldn't do, and all that other kind of stuff. So, I mean, you know, it really does come down to installation.
Speaker 2: Is okay. So if we if we had to rank siding, we'd go the kind our coded steal first. Second would be vinyl.
Speaker 6: I like the probably the engineered would by LP. Second.
Speaker 2: What's is that like a Hardy board or a copy of that or what it's similar?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's just you know, it's more of a wood. It kind of looks like an OSB panel and the way that they make that panel is amazing. So I really am a big fan of that product as well. I like that Overhardy. It's not as heavy.
Speaker 2: What is it? What is it finished with?
Speaker 6: So you can bring that one in primed, You can bring that one in. There's two finishers we use that have a pre finished colors, and one of them is up to a thirty year paint warranty on it, where the factory one is a fifteen year, But you can bring it in prime.
Speaker 2: And what happens now, what happens if it's overfastened or if you penetrate the surface, does that open it up for absorption and deterioration? Not?
Speaker 6: On that one. They actually take all those chips before they press it, and they actually coat that with their their resins and wax and then they press the panel.
Speaker 2: So it's it's polymer. It's polymer, and it's through and through. In other words, it's waterproof, through and through.
Speaker 6: They say it's over ninety percent. Instead of making the panel and then trying to saturate the top coat like they used to do in the eighties, they actually treat all the pieces before it's punched and stamped down, so then it is truly like.
Speaker 2: I love it over yeah, I love it. So what is that? What is that called? Exactly?
Speaker 6: LP Louisiana Pacific and it's engineered wood and this is it smart side? It is smart side. Yes, they test in Healey which is crazy moist, and they just leave pieces out and they'll let it sit there for five ten years and it still looks good.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing some really good things about smart Side, and it really looks like wood. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: Yep, it is wood. It's just stamped green, kind of almost like hardy is and steel has a stamped grain. I mean they all kind of have a stamped wood grain to them.
Speaker 2: And they say you can do dark colors without the fear of warping.
Speaker 6: On the smart Side. Oh yeah, that's I actually have it on my house. That's what I have, and I have a dark brown and it has not changed colors in probably the last eight years I've had it one.
Speaker 2: So would you put smart Side at par with the kinder coated steel.
Speaker 6: The diamond coat finished by wasaw on the LP is very close? Again, you have a third to thirty five year warranty between those two.
Speaker 2: And you think and you feel smart Side LP smart Side is better than hardyboard.
Speaker 6: I personally do absolutely grab that's not a saunding.
Speaker 2: I love talking to Nick because they they sell all of them, so he has no vested interest in in steering you one way or another. That's what I like about him. When they have such a big variety, they can make their recommendations and then of course you get what you want, all right, Thank you, Nick, Nick Gravina Gravina's window Siding in Doors nine fifty West, Evans. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Don't forget. No matter what you get on your home, you want it insured right. Compass Insurance will do a free insurance checkup to make sure you're adequately insured. You're not paying too much for car in auto and home, so give them a call. Three h three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Okay, so what is on your mind today? We have we're talking about windows, siding, and doors. We're also talking about a number of problems that have come in today. One was Jennifer's trying to get something done in a condo, and I'm getting more and more people saying they run into the same thing when when contractors find out people live in a condo, they're very reluctant to get involved now because of all the liability issues. So they're few and far between the companies that will work on congregate units. They just don't like the liability because hoas are too happy. Also a jay, he wanted to know how does someone illegally here in the United States protect their assets. That is a very topic. First and foremost, it's best to be legal. If you're working on being legal, the government will very seldom find you, I'm told, or seize assets. It's only for those who are flagrantly illegal, flaunting it, or you know, purposely avoiding trying to become legal, and they are usually caught and fined. Sometimes their assets are taken. If you fear losing your assets. You can assign ownership of your assets to someone else, but you have to really trust them, or you can legally sell them and buy them back at the same price. No one is preventing you from doing that. Another one, a guy called in about the pediatrist. No, not the podiatrist, but yeah, that was podiatrist doctor, and it was about the Bunyan cure in Littleton who had surgery. BO was going to pull them because this guy. All he said was, look, the results were fine on one foot. On the other foot, the condition seemed to come back and it's due to some nerve and tendon damage he has. He's not even blaming the clinic, but he can't even get a call back. He said, Bo, did you contact them?
Speaker 1: I was able to.
Speaker 15: Talk to the receptionist and I left her a detailed message to be forwarded to doctor Sullivan, and I just told them specifically that Don is being very reason. Of course, he's not asking for his twenty five grand back, even though I think that was excessive, but he just wants us toe fixed right. And I said, if you guys could just please give him a callback, have him come in for an apployment and see if we can get a resolution. And I said, you don't have to call me back, but you need to give Don a call. So I'm going to call Don at the end of the show and see if the Bunying Cure has made contact with him. He's made very reasonable and he just needs to get his foot.
Speaker 2: Fixed, all right. And then Cliff, I believe Cliff was here with Oh no, no, that was the other day. Anyway, we'll talk about that another time. Well, maybe I should warn people because I have had other follow up texts with people having the same thing. People who joined the monthly subscription at Take five car Wash. Now Take five car Wash has been taking over a lot of independent car washes and they offer this this deal, which isn't bad. It's a monthly fee and you get car washes as many as you want in the month. But the problem is when people go to cancel, they keep taking money even if you complain. Some people have had to literally close their account to get them to stop drawing money out. Did you want to say something about that day?
Speaker 1: No, I was just thinking of how inconvenient that is.
Speaker 2: No, No one listen to this one. After closing the No, no, after stopping payment on it at their bank. The bank reported that Take five tried twenty eight times in one month to get the charge when it was turned down. I believe that's automated. I don't believe there's anyone at Take five making that decision. I think someone forgot to enter it, and as a result, it's automated. If you don't get paid, keep trying. I really don't think they could exist if this was their practice, you know, keep collect from people who don't want it. To me, that seems a little weird, And I don't know. I just sometimes I think, yeah, this is a bad operation. Sometimes I think, you know what, no way. Now some other stuff. Somebody called and asked about class action lawsuits. Now they just happen to ask about one against Walmart, and the deadline for filing on that is tomorrow. So if you think you have a claim, you only have until tomorrow to file a claim. Now here's what it is. Walgreens. Did I say Walmart? Because I didn't mean Walmart, I'm sorry, I met Walgreens. Walgreens. Of course, the National Pharmacy agreed to pay listen to this one hundred million dollars for allegations that the company fail fail to include it's Prescription Savings Club prices when determining cost, resulting in overcharges to insurance companies. So if you paid in whole or in part for one or more prescription drugs from Walgreens over the last several years, it's possible you have a claim. Again. You have to you have to file that claim. And the way you do it, I have a website where you can find out about these claims. Okay, the way to do it is to go to Consumer Hyphenaction dot org, look for class actions and look up Walgreens. Tomorrow is the deadline and you know people are getting checks for this, but you have to put in a claim. Three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. Now we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I want you to get your calls in if you have a problem, question or complain. And I want to tell you about kh Holme Solutions which now has painting pros so you can depend on the sixty five year old company for painting as well. That's Khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hold on, let me get to the phones here and see if you have any problems custing your complaints. If so, give us a call. And we have Nick Gravinas with us from Gravina Windows, Siding and Doors. And I do have one other class action that I found really weird that somebody had inquired about when I looked it up. Sure's sure. Let me see where it is here, Oh A shoe warehouse DSW shoe Warehouse. Listen to this four point five million they agreed to pay to people they texted without permission, you know, by the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Now, Dimitri, the reason I'm going to bring you into this conversation. Yeah, you're individually suing some people.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I am under both the the federal TCPA, which is a great strong body of law, as well as the car To Consumer Protection Act, which has its own prohibition against unsolicited spam via texts and phone calls.
Speaker 2: So tell me this, Just if they text you, how or does it have to be after you tell them to stop? Or how does it work?
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to tell them to stop. You do need to be on the do not call lists. So I'm on both the federal.
Speaker 2: And if you're on the do not call list and they text you, they have violated absolutely. And how much do you do?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Under the Colorado law you're for one text or one call, it's five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh come on.
Speaker 1: However, it gets even better if they send you two texts or two calls. Now you can sue them under the federal statutes, under the TCPA that you just mentioned, And then it becomes fifteen hundred dollars per.
Speaker 2: Why does it have to be more than two?
Speaker 1: Well, the federal statute gives everybody a freebie.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, okay, So how much?
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 2: Give me an example of a claim and how much it would be against a company.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, how many unsolicited texts or calls that you get from them?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: You you the one that you're suing for. Give me an example.
Speaker 1: Well, there are several, so one of them. So let's say my cheapest case is five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, what's your most expensive case?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a federal that became a federal class action suit. So actually have a law firm that specializes in TCPA suits and they're representing me in this matter.
Speaker 2: But can't you get your own?
Speaker 1: And that's so do you ask me how much?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I believe there were twelve twelve text message from the same company from the same company times fifteen cauld.
Speaker 2: You warn them and say I'm on an all call list or anything.
Speaker 1: You're not required to do that. Both laws, both state and federal laws, require all companies that reach out to you to do telemarketing, whether it's by text or voicemail. They're required to scrub their database against the database is maintained by those who do not call it.
Speaker 2: Do you know I'm not on one do not call list and I get zero solicitations zero?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it could be Why is that. Well, so what happened in my case? Once I started file filing my lawsuits and I knew this was going to happen. There are people out there who scrub these lawsuits and add consumers to a certain blacklist of litigious consumers and so on of the So it could be that, I mean, you've been involved in a number of legal cases.
Speaker 2: Ye, but we never against a texture.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be that they just see your name and court records a whole bunch of times. Okay, here this guy. You know we should avoid this.
Speaker 2: People are litigious, they avoid them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And same thing with death collectors. So right now, what could you collect? Are you expecting to collect anything? Has anyone ever reached out for a settlement? No?
Speaker 1: So you got to remember I just started filing in December, right, Okay, so none of these cases have come to trial. My next, my my very trial is going to be in Denver County in June against the five hundred dollars against my smallest case. Right, so, uh, I started with my smallest case.
Speaker 2: And do you think they'll show up? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we're kind of company, h they It's like a gosh, it's like a not a junk store. But a what do you call that company? Where a paunch. It's like a punch up for some reason that the Conde. So we had our first hearing a few weeks ago. They showed up. They really seriously did they say anything. Well, it was emotions hearing. Okay, So they filed a motion to dismiss.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't granted.
Speaker 1: Well, I filed an opposing answer to that, and the judge sided with me.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna have your hearing. Oh, this is gonna be fun to watch. Hearing more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped.
Speaker 2: You need advice, you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 14: Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life a little easier. Nick Gravina is the guest in the house, and we do have some questions about siding. Someone who wanted to know, and I think I know the answer, but they wanted to know about Everlast Sighting. Now, Everlast Sighting is something I advertise for many people. They loved it and it went away. And Everlast Sighting was this sighting that was plastic polymer, threw and through, indestructible. I mean you could hit it with a sledgehammer, You're not going to hurt it. And also you could soak it in water overnight or for days at a time. Nothing ever happened to it, and the color was through and through. All of a sudden, nothing whatever happened to it. Something was wrong with it. And I don't know what it was, but I know that it doesn't It's not being sold much anymore. What's going on? With that Nick Gravina.
Speaker 6: From everything I understood, Yes, it had a great pitch to it, it had great properties to it, like you did. But I think once agoin oh, yeah, well, I think it was reacting not how they intended, because yeah, I remember that we were real excited about it as well, you know, and it has it's gone away. I don't know if they've really surfaced with it, but it just seemed like I don't know if it was waving on a wall or what, but yeah, it just kind of vanished. It was kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Now I heard that it was doing great and it looked beautiful, but they were having some slight warping issues, right.
Speaker 6: I think it's because of the so the vinyl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think though, because it was thick it would not warp, right, but one thing is but but it was or something happened to it. But again, is there anything like that or would you say the LP smart side is close to it?
Speaker 6: They're that and Hardy. Those were all similar and they were just three different materials, you know. They were all about that five sixteenth to three it's thick you know product, you know, and they were all to battle each other in the field. And but they're all very similar, just different materials. Like you said that one was a polymer. You know, the lp is is wooden and the hardiest dementuus. And again we thought that might have been the latest and greatest, and it just didn't come to fruition.
Speaker 2: Okay, three ZHO three seven one three A two five five. Also, somebody said their insurance went way way up, yet somebody they know in another county did not go up, and they were a similar family with kids and all of that. I want to ask Compass Insurance Group, if we get a chance, if you can get Brian on, do they rate by counties? Mark? Have you ever found Now I'm not talking about I'm not talking about like for hail damage and stuff like that that might be, but although we can find out about that. They were talking about liability, And what I found out is that counties are ranked for liability for death and serious injuries. But I'm not sure insurance companies follow this rating. Everyone is complaining about increased insurance rates.
Speaker 5: Okay, so big time, go ahead, Well, I mean big time. They're mean usually by zip code, it's not even by county. I mean, you can have two areas in Denver. One of them can cost a lot more because more cars get stolen there.
Speaker 2: But where you drive and where you live or drive or not hail damage? But what about injury and liability? Did you know the worst rated county in Colorado? Pueblo? I don't know where Adams? Adams, Okay, now Adams County. The multialities and injuries danger number two is El Paso. Yeah, that's what I will.
Speaker 4: Now you know.
Speaker 2: County's number three, so Adams I'll pass. Going well the top three. Denver comes in at four, Arapo County at five, Jefferson County at six, and Larimer at number seven. So they that's just a big deal now that that as far as injury. But they also keep track of speeding tickets. Did you know that insurance companies want to know where the most speeding takes place and you can actually get ding for living in an area where there's a lot of speeding. I think a lot of its income too.
Speaker 5: I think Douglas would be way up there just because the average person makes more than they do in Adams. I think that's probably a massive part of it. You mean the speeding part, No, not just speeding, just insurance in general in different areas.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well for speeding, Douglas is number two. By the way, I'll passos number one.
Speaker 5: It says here Adams. What I don't understand I'm reading about Adams County. It probably it says here, man, this is crazy. There's more people on Medicaid, there's more people on CHIP because the income is below a certain threshold. So I think they're basically really diving into these numbers. It looks like it's based on wealthy I know, well yeah, but but but but.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I don't know what's going on with insurance, but something's got to change. Brian Burns is with us. Brian. Welcome, Hey Brian. How nitpicking and how far down to the hair on the nats butt does it get when raiding drivers or cars for liability or for property damage? When it comes well, not just cars but houses. I mean does the county? You can one county be substantially more than another?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah, And it's it's really zip code based, is what Auto and home insurance well more more home insurance related than auto, but auto insurance for sure. Where you'd notice it is if you're if you live in an area where there's high theft rates, they'll notice the cost of the insurance. Specifically, the comprehensive side of things are more if you live in a really high density area. If you're just in a real high density area and there's more accidents, you could see you could see a higher rate for liability.
Speaker 2: What if you live in an area where there's more traffic fatalities or accidents, does that figure into it?
Speaker 11: Possibly? You know, we we can't see it on our end. It's not like there's a formula that shows kind of what why their liability costs higher. It's not noticeable. I'll tell you that because I can change zip codes, you know, within reason of the metro area, and it doesn't vary substantially. Where you'll see liability costs go up is if you have a a big vehicle, you have a big suv or a big truck. You'll notice your liability premiums are higher. Just because if you do get into an accident, you're going to cause more damage.
Speaker 14: Is the thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in other words, it's you don't get to see though, the individual reasons why a certain zip code is producing a certain rate.
Speaker 11: Nope, No, they don't share any of that data.
Speaker 5: The only thing that would make sense though, is actually aerials guys. I mean it's got to be off of real.
Speaker 2: Data, right, yeah, because I have the right, but he doesn't get.
Speaker 1: To see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, right. Yeah. Now, as far as zip codes, can you recall zip codes right now that are pretty reasonable and ones that are more expensive.
Speaker 11: For auto insurance you're saying, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: For or does it is that mostly for home?
Speaker 11: Well, i'd like I said, where you'll see the auto rates go down, it's when you're in a very more rural area and where there's not there's not many vehicles around you. You'll notice those kind of zip codes some of the outskirts of town. The auto insurance, okay, it's less there's home insurance. The West, you know, like the Western Slope is less expensive and easier to get insurance because they don't deal with hail.
Speaker 5: Okay, So there's there's areas like eight zero one one three that are really sketchy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when you get in the fire, any kind of fire issue, if they think it's.
Speaker 2: What's eight zero one one three, By the way, what is that your zip code? No it isn't. Mine's not eight zero one one three I thought it was damn oh no, I would need more.
Speaker 11: I'd be closer to to look up mark zip code because he lives in uh in an area that is considered a little bit higher fire risk. But like if you were to go to Morrison, that's a it's a more you know, difficult place to get insurnch right now. For sure, Evergreen, any of those areas where there's a high fire risk, it's really difficult.
Speaker 2: By the way, I had a text I was going to call you about. Now that you're on for this, I want to ask about it. If people put their homes up for sale or leave their homes vacant for a long period of time, does their homeowners can their homeowners refuse to pay something.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, you lose some coverages. Specifically, vandalism goes away if your house is taken for more than sixty days.
Speaker 1: That's not really yeah, And.
Speaker 11: That's every policy I've ever seen, at least that's stated in there. And then also if your house is vacant and you have not maintained heat, they can deny coverage for like a water loss or you know, if a freezing pipe, that kind of thing. They can deny coverage from that.
Speaker 2: Real. Okay, So when you put your house up for sale and you're literally moving into another home, do you need to change your coverage or call your agent on anything.
Speaker 11: There's a little bit of leeway there, I mean, and you could talk to your agent, but I mean, I most underwriters understand. What they'll do is they'll just set it to non renews So however much longer you have on your term, they'll say, hey, we can stay on this until renewal. And if it's still not sold by renewal time, then you have to look into what's called a vacant home policy and you can you know, you can ensure your home in one of those kind of policies.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, we know that the clue report is like a credit report on insurance. It tells insurance people how many claims have been claimed. Does it go buy address or somebody's name. Is there a clue report for Tom Martine or would it be on my address? Both?
Speaker 11: It searches for both. So when the clue report comes up at very well, might report a claim you had, but it will list it at whatever address it was that where this claim occurred. But then it will also show the claims at the home itself.
Speaker 2: If I then have had a number of insurance claims, By the way, I haven't, But if I did, could I become like a credit risk for insurance, like you know, like with credit reports. If I have nonpayments or defaults, I don't get credit. Do clue reports look at me and say, this guy's had a lot of freaking claims.
Speaker 11: Oh, well, yeah, you're you're definitely. Yeah. It's hard to get insurance if you have more than two home claims in the last five years. Right now in the insurance market, we're in Wow, more than two claims in five years. It's harder. Doesn't mean it's impossible. It's harder to find insurance though, you know.
Speaker 2: Brian, a really important aspect. And as I said, I'm bringing up some emails I've had on insurance since you're here, and that one that really comes up all the time. And I don't know what to tell people. They're in a condo and they're finding it very, very difficult to get insurance and the insurance they need because of the the hoa's carrying less insurance. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So a lot of hoas and it's not because they're choosing to do this, and it's just it's almost impossible to find insurance that doesn't have a really large deductible for wind and hill claims. So what they're what they're doing is they'll they'll pay the claim. The HOA won't have the money for the deductible, so they'll do what it's called a special assessment to each unit owner. So right right, a condo, you you've got to make sure that your condo policy has an endorsement called loss assessment coverage, and you really need to make sure you have enough to cover you based off of the deductible size of your HOA. But I'm finding that the norm is definitely over ten thousand, but closer to twenty five thousand, that it's still an affordable coverage on a condo policy. I am positive that's going to change at some point, because all that's happened is that these commercial insurance policies have pushed the risk onto a personal policy that costs so little. I mean, loss assessment coverage, you know, to get twenty five thousand might only cost you fifty sixty bucks a year, and it's now becoming the most common claim I see on condo policies, so wow, sure that's not going to be around forever, else they'll start capping it. But as of now, you would want to make sure two things. One that you have loss assessment, but then you need to ask your agent to make sure that the company you're with doesn't limit it if it's the result of an HOA deductible. As strange as that sounds, a lot of loss assessment language will say, hey, you're covered for twenty five thousand a loss assessment unless it's the results of an HOA deductible, in which case we're only going to pay five thousand or ten thousand, whatever that is. But there's a separate limit based and it's only in the verbiage of the policy, so people don't realize it. So you've got to make sure your policy, your loss assessment isn't limited based off of an HOA deductible.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Brian, I'm hearing some hoa's are literally needing to be self insured because they can't find coverage. That's for the wind in hell part of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, or they're just disbanding the insurance altogether and telling if it's a town home. I see this all the time. Now they're saying, hey, everybody just needs to get their own homeowners insurance. It's not even condo insurance anymore. It's not an HO six, it's what's called an h O three, where you're covering the exterior. So they're making it to where we're not even going to carry insurance on these buildings anymore. We're gonna rely on you.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 11: But you can't do that if it's a condo, if you have people above and below you, there's no way to convert that to where the unit owners can buy insurance for the exterior.
Speaker 2: All right, Brian, thank you very much. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance Group three oh three nine nine six nine thousand more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three three seven, one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Hey Mark, did you know there's a town hall today from six to eight from the Attorney General Phil Wiser. Guess what he's doing. I have no idea. Okay, he's gonna declare a woman is a woman. No, he'll never do that. Oh, phil Weiser is having Oh this is crazy. He's having a town hall. Now, let me explain something to you. Attorney General Phil Weiser has had more consumer complaints come from US than anywhere as far as finding fraud, finding reasons to investigate. And what has Phil Wiser done when we have given them leads on consumer fraud and actions that have turned out to be major? What has he done? I'm going to report right now. Here's what he's done. Ready, here we go. Crickets, that's what he's done. But he has found a reason to have a town hall event with the attorneys general from Hawaii, Nevada, and Washington. They are mobilizing about lawsuits against Trump. That's what they're doing. They're having a town hall tonight for every progressive that wants to get on there and do a mental masturbation on why they should sue Trump for his illegal actions, and they I want to hear from people who have been negatively impacted by the Trump administration. Now, can you believe this? This is their consumer issue right now? People negatively impacted by the Trump administration. Why do you think they picked the Washington Attorney general, the Nevada attorney general, the Hawaii turner General, and then of course Phil Unwiser. Why do you think why do you think Phil Unwiser would do this? Is there that much impact on people negatively affected by Trump?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 2: I have given Phil Weiser's office people negatively affected by liars, cheaters, and ripoffs every single day that pollute our state. What has Phil Wiser done with that? What do you think he's done? There we go, there we go? So what's going on in that office? Phil Unwiser? Thank you for your town hall meeting. God knows we could not get along without it. So Mark, what do you say? How have you been negatively impacted by the Trump administration? In fact, I invite any caller to call me right this second and tell me how they've been negative.
Speaker 5: Snack hasn't been exactly kicking ass anymore, so I'll throw that dart at him.
Speaker 2: All right, All right now, Peter, what is your question about insurance? Peter? Go ahead.
Speaker 7: I was just listening to your conversation I just had turned on the radio about about the counties like Adams. When you're saying it's based on yes on uh, okay. My problem is is that in that county I believe they have the most un sure motorists and uninsured You know what, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't actually look up. I don't know how to look up that matrix. Hey, is Brian still on? Brian Burns with Compass insurance? Brian? You's still there? Is he still there? Kelly? Or not?
Speaker 14: He should be?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, Brian. Is there a way to look up the most uninsured motorists? Yeah? Is there a way to look up the counties with the most uninsured motorist coverage? I can hear you.
Speaker 11: Okay, I don't Again, they don't give us the information of how they come up with it. But do you do see swings in the cost of uninsured motorists based off of zip codes? It's not dramatic though, Tom, because as you can imagine it doesn't matter if I live in Jefferson County, I could be driving through Adams County every day. It doesn't It doesn't really matter. So you just don't see huge swings based off a zip code for those kind of coverage.
Speaker 5: But it wouldn't it make a pretty big difference. So between like Denver, like Denver, Denver, and say somewhere in Douglas County. I mean, like for real, you don't think there's a big difference there. Don't more cars get stolen by far in Denver Brian than they do in Douglas's That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: The only area I really notice a difference is usually like on the collision or comprehensive because it could be that your how your car is sitting there more like at night. I'm saying from a liability and uninsured motorists standpoint, you just don't see huge swings because just because you're you're located, if your home is in a certain area, it doesn't mean that's where you drive all the time. You could be driving anywhere, So it just it. I don't think they tell everybody starts using the uh the tracking system, you know where they're able to tell where you're at and what you know, what your drives are, which a lot of carriers are going to that at that point, maybe you'll see it start rating it more specifically of where your car is throughout the day.
Speaker 2: You know, Brian, I predict and I've said this before my.
Speaker 7: Question, go ahead, it doesn't He didn't really address my my question. I don't think it was clear enough. I think the uninsured rates, especially the way the Colorado as uh and their laws and you talk about Phil Wiser, et cetera, is the same. Okay, their lack of really following through like the state legislature. Now anybody can get a driver's license, but they don't talk about the insurance. And my uninsured uninsured motorists when I'm with Compass has doubled. I believe it's pretty high over the years. It's just ridiculous. And uh, what we're doing. What we're doing is we're paying for these feel good masures without any replicat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, it's generally applied to everybody in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 14: Away.
Speaker 11: No, you're right, You're right, absolutely, you know, and you end up paying the people that are responsible end up carrying high liability limits to cover other people, but then have to turn around and cover high uninsured motors limits for themselves because there's so many people that aren't carrying.
Speaker 5: Insurance, and because first of all, we don't punish anything. If you drive around with out insurance. What happens, Nothing happens to you.
Speaker 2: You don't get you know what I've always thought. I've always thought there should be some kind of road tax based on how many miles you drive, and everyone should pay it into the state for a basic liability coverage basic liability. So everyone has a state fund for basic liability with certain limits. Then you have everyone insured. If people want to cover more, they can, and people will cover more. People who are rich or people that are worth more that need to protect their net worth, they will carry more insurance and problem is solved. Problem is solved. You don't pay the tax, you don't drive, you get your driver's license, you pay based on what you drive a year. You pay a freaking road tax, which goes to basic liability. It is the fairest thing you could ever do in the world. Of course, I'm sure there are those that will call it racist because of who knows why, Because that's what they're programmed for racist, racist racist. If something goes you know, they don't like racist. And so anyway, I did look up on insured motorists. The most are in Swatch County.
Speaker 7: What Tom, the biggest problem that I see? You have a law out there, say, in order to have a car, you have to have to get a license on your car, you have to have insurance, and you show it. After you show the insurance, they cancel it and we're left out.
Speaker 11: Number one.
Speaker 2: Number two is that, yeah, but my my my solution would cover that. No, it would not.
Speaker 7: Do you have a law out there right now that's not being enforced. Number one Number two is is that when you look at uninsured motorists, Okay, their policies the bare minimum people have to drop because they can't afford it. They're dropping their liability down to twenty five thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't know he is right, and I'm sorry, I don't know what I don't know what you mean, Peter, there would be I don't know what you mean when you say my solution wouldn't work. I'm proposing a road tax based on the number miles driven a year that will give you basic liabilities. Saying can not help.
Speaker 5: We already have those on the books and they're not enforced. What he's saying is what good would it? What's not charge it?
Speaker 2: We don't have any basic liability on the books for road tax. Tell me what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: For insurance right now? In order to drive in Colorado in a car, legally you have to have the minimum of twenty five to fifty insurance.
Speaker 2: But there's SR teeth there. You don't get thrown in your right. But what I'm talking about is a tax is a different story. Would you don't have what would you pay it on?
Speaker 5: Joe blow is going to report that he drove eight hundred and seventy five miles this week instead of reporting he drove a three.
Speaker 1: I have a foolproof way of doing it. Just added to the fuel tax.
Speaker 5: Well, kab And I'll never pay taxes. Then I'll never pay a road tax ever, Dimitri and either will do.
Speaker 1: To solve right, So the small minority of the vehicles that are electric will be subjected to some other mechanism. But I think my idea just solved ninety percent of the problem.
Speaker 2: Now there's got to be a way more expensive gasol answer Mark, Mark, Maybe we have to come up with a better way of paying it. But I'm saying, a centralized, centralized common liability policy for all drivers, a basic liability, and then we charge every driver, whether it's when they get their license or whatever. You pay the fee, or you don't drive. Maybe that's what we want.
Speaker 5: Even when you they don't do anything. Now without they could easily narrate right now they do not. If you get caught without insurance, you spend thirty days in the slammer.
Speaker 2: That would solve this problem. No, you're right, it's not enforced. I totally agree. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, let's talk to Jeremy Jeremy, go ahead. What's going on, Jeremy, Tom, how you doing today, good man? What's happening?
Speaker 16: Hey, brother? So your friend Paul over water Proost told me to give you a call. So basically, loose en ja. I got a landlord who's turning to a bully and who enjoys putting fingers in people's faces and illegally kicking them out. Because all I wanted was for this man to please make sure our water was safe. I had our water professionally tested at a lab and is come back with radon in it, back, tarry in it, let in it, and a few other things. And when the landlord is made aware of this stuff, he does nothing but laughs in my face, puts his sting.
Speaker 9: In my face.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you why, Jeremy. Let me tell you why. And I'm not saying this is legit, but I'm going to tell you why. Either he thinks you're a nut because you had your water tested and he doesn't believe in that kind of stuff, or he thinks you're just looking for trouble. Now do I doubt that there is water that is not worth drinking? Absolutely, But here's the problem. You're going to find, Jeremy, You're not going to find any judge in America that will uphold safe drinking water as a standard of habitability. I'll guarantee you that if you try to bring in action against this landmord based on that water test, you'll be laughed out of court. Do I think that's right?
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: Technically, if you have your water tested and it's undrinkable, truly undrinkable, then you have a good case. But what are you looking for? Because the most that will happen is that you get to move and break your lease? Is that what you want? You're not going to force him to change the water. You're just going to get a release from your.
Speaker 9: Lease, Okay, basically, And I tell yeah, I wanted to leave the right way, but the way he has turned, he has turned hostile though against me.
Speaker 16: We're talking having.
Speaker 2: Because he thinks you're he listen, he thinks you're a troublemaker. That's all it is. I'm not saying you are, but he thinks you are. Anybody that gets the water tested and goes to the landlord and says, I demand you make our drinking water safe, they're going to react the same way because nowadays, it's not a standard. It's not something people look at and they're not gonna believe you either. They're gonna think it's some water guy trying to sell you a filtration system. And I know that's not the case, but that's what they're going to think. So I would say nine out of ten, I would say nine out of ten landlords, if you went to them and said I had our water tested and I demand you bring our water up to safe standards, nine out of ten of them will laugh you out of the place.
Speaker 16: That's just something something about that seems right that uh, someone can just act like that and purposely annoying.
Speaker 1: That's right, and.
Speaker 16: Just because does not get sick at that moment. Something's wrong with the laws to the point.
Speaker 2: Where Jeremy, Jeremy, well, what should not be allowed?
Speaker 16: I mean, from my understanding from if you buy a house and it's got a well on it, you cannot buy it unless that well water is safe? Why and good?
Speaker 2: That's right. No, No, that's that's not true. That's not true, Jeremy, that's not true at all. You can buy that house with the most dangerous water in the world. That is not true. What you can't do is get a loan on that house, but you can buy it all day long. What listen, and that's a well water And the only reason the bank cares about that water is so if they have to foreclothes on the house, they can sell it. It's not for your health. No one cares about your health. I know that sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Okay, drinking water is critical, but no one is hip to it.
Speaker 4: Yet.
Speaker 2: You can't make your landlord change the water. What I'm telling you is if you don't like the drinking water where you live, then you can get out of your lease and move somewhere else and we can help you. How would the landlord change it anyhow.
Speaker 5: By putting in a water system? Just put in you know, he could put in a filtration to me, it seems like but they're not going to do it. This guy's beef is with the municipality or the water board.
Speaker 16: Well well, wait, let me say something. Because my landlord took such a sense that I even offer to help him do it for free because of what I do for a living. He legally tried to have me to evict it, and the court said, you can't do this but the good my heart of having ability stand in the court and all right.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break. I'm sorry, we got to take a break. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two