Speaker 1: Go back.
Speaker 2: During this graduation season. We've learned a ton this graduation season. Like, remember there was a story, well we just talked to the other day with your kid where it was no, Well it got us to the one clap where they were asking everybody not to clap. We talked about we talked about people with their kids, like with who had babies, yes at graduation and whether they could walk with them or the other thing? What was the other thing? There was a there was a huge debate empty chair, the empty chair for somebody who had passed about that. Can I throw one more on? It's the season? Can I throw one more on?
Speaker 3: Another one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did anybody have a parent that was banned from attending graduation? Or are you a parent that was banned from going to graduation?
Speaker 3: That flies in the face of your greatest argument, which is graduation is for the family.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's it is a boring, long day for the kids. The kids don't care, They just want to go to graduation parties and get it over. Well, it is for the parents.
Speaker 4: So is this somebody who has maybe been banned from athletic activities and is such a repeat offender. They're like, listen, don't even bother coming.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you half credit for your answer, but yes, this is a parent who acted up at an athletic activity, but there was not a lot of repeated incidents. He was banned from attending. Kristen, will you do me a favor? Will you see if you can find me either somebody who had a parent that was banned from attending or somebody a parent now who was banned not just like in the like this graduation season, but ever eight six six to Elliott eight six six two three five five four six'. Eight So i'm reading about this guy who lives In New, jersey, right and his kid graduated last, night and he had been petitioning the, SCHOOL i, guess appealing to the school to allow him to be able to go to his son's. Graduation, Right and the superintendent of the school, said we're not repealing.
Speaker 1: That, no, No i'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry you were banned from being allowed on school. Property this counts as school. Property therefore you will not be able to. Go and the dad was even, LIKE i, know but, dude that was so many years.
Speaker 4: Ago oh, okay so this Wasn't it wasn't like this was the school.
Speaker 1: Year, no you'd have to go back to twenty twenty. Two what did he?
Speaker 2: Do, well he was upset about his son's playing time on the football.
Speaker 4: Team when he like kicked the coach's.
Speaker 1: Ass, no, no he.
Speaker 3: Didn't actually he wasn't, physical so nothing criminal.
Speaker 2: The, well, no, no, wait there was a criminal.
Speaker 1: Thing hold on one. Second the, okay so he did he.
Speaker 2: Did he was barred from school district property by the superintendent following a series of disputes centered around his son's playing time on the football. TEAM i guess he didn't like that his son was being not being, played so he had a disagreement and he went out onto the. Field he became my rate and started yelling and cursing at the football coach and other school. Officials one of those school officials did file a police report.
Speaker 1: That he was threatening the high school's.
Speaker 2: Principal, however there were never any charges filed against, him but he was banned from. Property and it was, listen it's playing, time and he thought this was going to prevent his son from that full ride to a BIG sec, school, right which he didn't end up.
Speaker 1: Getting and that's.
Speaker 3: Fine which high school? Is this is this the?
Speaker 2: Powerhouse it is NOW i won't know the answer to, that BUT i believe It's Point Pleasant High.
Speaker 1: School wait, Here i'm looking to see It's Ocean.
Speaker 3: County oh wait their their graduation is?
Speaker 2: Today Oh? Wednesday yes, Today i'm sorry, Today i'm. SORRY i keep thinking. Today yesterday was wentz on their front. Page yes to, graduate thank. You graduation is. Today. Now the father said he's not appealing. Anymore he will follow these school's, rules but he still wants to see his son. Graduate. Tyler does it say on there where their graduation? Is?
Speaker 3: Uh, no it just gives you four to five. Pm i'm sure IF i clicked through and found like a page dedicated to, GRADUATION i could get it for.
Speaker 2: You BECAUSE i don't know what the sight lines. Are But dad does plan on standing on a public.
Speaker 4: Sidewalk he was gonna, say if they have it at like like so many places around, here do it at like THE pa Not Patriots Eagle bank or, yeah.
Speaker 3: People that's that school.
Speaker 2: Property THE i believe, THOUGH i believe that if the school is holding their event there transfers as school.
Speaker 1: Property.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's on the public, sidewalk So i'm thinking it's outside like ours was at our high. School football stadium was, right so there would Be phyllis not in the parking. Lot you'd have.
Speaker 1: To be all the way, out so all you would hear is prancipont can kiss my.
Speaker 2: Ass so you got to stand out on the sidewalk on the public street like a. JACKASS i don't know That i've ever seen that, before where a parent is banned from. Graduation the student was not the parent was.
Speaker 3: Here it is stadium.
Speaker 2: Field oh, Yeah so now, again keep in mind the parking lot and the little walkway surrounding the.
Speaker 1: Stadium that is school.
Speaker 2: Property but think about like some of these, schools that's sum is nowhere close to the public. Sidewalks well it's not miles at the, school but it's far enough away that you're not seeing.
Speaker 3: Anything damn sponsors and. Posters line, Four.
Speaker 1: Hi elliott the. Morning hey is this?
Speaker 2: Meet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hi who's?
Speaker 5: This my name Is.
Speaker 1: Jason, YES i am doing?
Speaker 2: Well were You are you a band parent or was your parent? Band when you were?
Speaker 5: Graduating my entire family was banned from.
Speaker 3: Coming oh my, god.
Speaker 1: To your. Graduation to my high school.
Speaker 5: Graduation my entire family was banned from. Coming we were supposed to get. Tickets, uh on one day in home, room right before we went to, graduation and my home room teacher, said uh, No, jason you have to go to the principal's almost to get. YOURS i, said, Okay SO i went down to the principal's. Office the principal, said though your entire family is, banned we hear you're going to do some crazy, stunt WHICH i was very known for, that SO i can't blame, him, Right SO i called my mother and about an hour LATER i got called back to the principal's. Office AND i walked into the principal's. Office there's my, mother there's my, grandfather the, principal assistant, principal and some GUY i don't know who ended up being a. Lawyer SO i sit there and the principal looked at me and, SAID i thought you were going to do something, crazy now mind. YOU i have on a get have A jiffy have a, stiffy get A jiffy condemn shirt on AND i lo my and also a pass said, hello my name Is pill. Mccrotch AND i had to explain THAT i wasn't going to do.
Speaker 4: ANYTHING i promise last one away AN i in to run for one, Second CAN i inter run for one second of all the.
Speaker 2: Great and like fake. Names i've film A, craken. Definitely Sharon peters got a reference. Earlier have we ever heard of film? Acrotch that's a good. One that's a great. One so, Anyway i'm SORRY i. Interrupted you walk into the principal's office with that AWESOME t shirt.
Speaker 5: On oh, YEAH i still have it to this. DAY i can't sit in, it BUT i still have. It SO i sit there and they eventually come up with something With only about three of my family can, come BUT i. CANNOT i will not receive a diploma UNTIL i served two weeks of suspension after graduation at the. School but you haven't done.
Speaker 1: Anything you haven't done. Anything you don't know my.
Speaker 5: School oh, okay there was a lot to. It, hey trust. Me there was a guy girl dance at my high school that got banned because of. Me what did you do For it was the, Cheerleaders it was the dance, team and then they all had at the biggest game of the year in high, school they always had a dance and they picked a guy to dance with. Them at the end of the, dance you were supposed to fall down and then jump up and walk. Off, WELL i didn't fall. DOWN i walked to the center of the. COURT i took my clothes. Off ALL i had on was a pink pink spandex AND i started.
Speaker 1: Dancing, jason where did you go to? School where did you go to? School?
Speaker 5: WELL i went To North.
Speaker 3: Carolina oh, DAMN i was around.
Speaker 2: Here, also where did you serve suspension at the?
Speaker 1: School for two?
Speaker 5: Weeks at the, SCHOOL i tacked up trash AND i helped the. Janitors Now i've.
Speaker 1: Never even heard of. That that's two things, Now i've never heard.
Speaker 2: Of i've never heard of parents getting, banned And i've never heard of having to do suspension after.
Speaker 1: Graduation, YEAH i deserved. It the you know.
Speaker 2: What Good good for you on owning. It all, right very, good very, Good thank, you my. Friend NOW i can see over on my right who's sent in the Same jiffy.
Speaker 3: SHIRT i think it's just an internet, image so we were familiar with the. Brand i've never heard of The jiffy condoms.
Speaker 1: Now, no, NO i mean, LISTEN i hate to.
Speaker 2: BRAG i was a trojan boy back in the, day but that's a great.
Speaker 3: Shirt, now the Parody Stiffy loube shirt is make me laugh. Too from this is from. Rev how would they know who the parents? Are it's not like the id at the. Door doesn't it seem like the school's well aware of this?
Speaker 2: FATHER i believe based on the superintendent having filed that yes they are. Aware but you know, what that is a fair, no because you would have the interaction with the parent if they are being banned from the.
Speaker 3: SCHOOL i pulled up the satellite view of the football. Field there are some pretty close public.
Speaker 2: Street now you're, lucky because if that field was more centered then there would be a. Problem but it's up against that public street on the from here the left hand, side.
Speaker 3: The appropriately named school.
Speaker 2: Street now on the other, side you'd have to be way on the other side of the tennis, courts and at that point you're not seeing.
Speaker 3: It the way that sentence reads from The Star, ledger he is planning to Watch point Pleasant Borough High schools outdoor graduation ceremony from the public sidewalk or street On wednesday to see a sun Get is this? Blown that's? Embarrassing is the sun? Mortified? Yes did did they talk to the sun in this?
Speaker 2: Article?
Speaker 1: No, no, No but of course you're.
Speaker 2: MORTIFIED i would rather my parents not come then stand on the.
Speaker 4: Side, yes we're all your friends and.
Speaker 1: Hey there's your. Dad, yeah what's, up, belly what's? Up, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing that's embarrassing because all your, friends all your kids friends know you're out, there Aren't they pretty aware of your situation to begin? With, yes but then they see you standing there like a like like pathetic standing on the. Street by the, way he's not standing on that sidewalk that's attached to the.
Speaker 1: SCHOOL i think he's got to go across the street To Beach.
Speaker 2: Street, yeah because like there are sidewalks like for, example like like like Like yorktown's, Fields like there's a sidewalk that's right by.
Speaker 3: It, yeah that's pretty, close.
Speaker 1: But that that's school.
Speaker 2: Property SO i, mean even though it's the public, sidewalk the school will tell you that's.
Speaker 1: Ours you got to go across the.
Speaker 3: Street AND i will, SAY i bet they're facing away from the father because there's more stands as you move your way in closer to the, school so they're going to be oriented in a direction where he's not able to see the smile on his son's.
Speaker 2: Face, however when he walks across that, stage that's a much further.
Speaker 1: Wave but he'll wave to his old. Man that's.
Speaker 2: Crazy is that a. First i've never seen that. Before i've never seen a parent get. Banned we've had quite the handful of stories from this. Graduation great graduation. Season it's been a great graduation.
Speaker 3: Season WHO i just pulled up the. Comments there are a few from the original.
Speaker 1: Story of parents getting banned.
Speaker 3: Wanting to share their opinion on this father.
Speaker 2: Are They, well they're mad at, Him but don't you also look back and, go, dude that's the.
Speaker 1: Two and a half years.
Speaker 3: Ago, oh there's a lot of people on dad's.
Speaker 1: Side, yeah because it's two and a half years.
Speaker 3: Ago this, well, no this. Says funny thing is that there's so much more to this story that is being covered up by the district about how they are in fact being investigated themselves the.
Speaker 1: District yes for? What oh is it like tax? Stuff LIKE i don't care about?
Speaker 3: That who some of the, comments, again these are all. Allegations that's all, Right, well, Okay, DREW i understand that you'd like to know which details negate multiple instances of verbally operating a public school. Employee but know there are people who are, saying, like you, KNOW i understand athletics and, games but why. Graduation their son is likely carrying the weight of his parents over pertnticipation in his high school football, career AND i suspect everyone regrets what's gone. Down there is some someone pointing out how long ago it. WAS i, mean dad's going to print out the comments and wave them.
Speaker 1: It was it. Was it was two and a half years.
Speaker 2: Ago and he did in his, defense he, no, No i'm being. Serious he in his defense he did only yell and.
Speaker 1: Scream he didn't he didn't fight the.
Speaker 3: Guy and then there are people encouraging him to wear a. Disguise by the, way that's more. Pathetic, yeah standing on the street like a big hat and a. Face Charlie chaplin's, here