Speaker 1: We got the fine folks at elder Care in here who are tolerating me this morning and play with Tom Davis.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christina Bishop and Michael kohlaugh. How are we today?
Speaker 3: Morning? Very well? How about you, Nate.
Speaker 1: Well, other than other than technology getting in my way today, I'm good. Well, I'm glad somebody is no. I love talking to you guys as well. Elder Care has been a fixture in our community for decades. And what a beautiful facility you have over there on Swan Drive as well. I remember the grand opening of that facility.
Speaker 2: How many years ago was that twenty?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm not old.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have said that on the radio. Michael Klaw. Why why did you let me talk about here on the radio. That's that's just not good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well, great programs that they do that you guys do there at Eldercare, and you've got the health services there, you have the daybreak type things that are going on over there, and of course you always have a bunch of fun coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that one definitely as well.
Speaker 1: So again, Christina Bishet, the executive director, Michael Kohlah, Development director, Private Duty Care management program, Yes, crease out a little bit.
Speaker 4: So it's really a comprehensive program to help people manage their well being and healthcare. So you get professional care managers who come in and whether you're transitioning between say a hospital stay and home or maybe skilled care, or you're just someone who says, I've got all these appointments, I've got this medication, I don't really know what I need to do with it. I could really benefit from some help. We come in and we really talk to you, look at your health goals, your life goals, and we make a plan with you to really be that support person and help you make connections, whether that's community re sources, tending a doctor's appointments, looking at you know, the home and saying, okay, what can we do to prevent some falls. We want to keep you well and living longer and independent and that quality of life.
Speaker 5: We know that matters absolutely, So we're going to.
Speaker 4: Do all the things to help someone remain independent and have that quality of life.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's great to know.
Speaker 1: And as I was just alluding to you earlier, Michael Colon and I are starting to get up there in age, so we may be using the services at Olvercare here.
Speaker 3: I've used services at Olvercare from our physical therapy department of course, which is for anyone.
Speaker 5: Lately as have I. I mean it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Eldercare is there for the aging adults, and we're all aging. We we literally just had this conversation, yes, reception, thank you.
Speaker 2: For that bright out look. I appreciate that. I was like, Michael colog you were as aging at all.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, life happens, it does at different points for all of us. There there are some who are incredibly fortunate or blessed to you know. I literally had someone that I've known for thirty five years stopped by my office. They were in the building and they said, you know, when I turned eighty, I bought my first pill, you know, Sunday through Saturday. And I was like, oh my goodness. You know I got one of those when I was thirty, just to put vitamins in. But some people age with ease and some don't. And so that's why we want we want to be there for anybody and everybody, as Christina said, to help you age on your own terms, in your own home, with dignity.
Speaker 1: And that's what we do, and this private duty care management program that you have, you had these cases for, will take you from step by step as you were saying, Christina, and and just really gets you to where you need to be and where you want to be.
Speaker 2: So it's a dual sided purpose thing.
Speaker 5: It absolutely is, and it's a peace of mind.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we're an individual and we know, hey, we need a little bit of help. I would love to have some support basically, you know, I want someone to go and hear these things. I want to back up plan. I want to know how I stay well longer. And then other times maybe you're caregiving for someone and you need a little help with that because you're managing all the things. Or you have children but they're out of state and you would like someone you know, who could communicate with them and help you navigate that. But one of the things care management also does is it helps reduce our costs and it helps reduce the you know, the overall cost of medical care because we're.
Speaker 5: Going to help you, you.
Speaker 4: Know, reduce those unnecessary hostile vitalizations, reduce those unnecessary trips to the r because we're going to help you work with your primary care. We're going to make sure that things are going smoothly, that the medication management's there, and so that we're being proactive, you know, and taking the steps we need to.
Speaker 5: So it is a win win for all.
Speaker 2: It is. It is another win win for all of course.
Speaker 1: Is you know the Daybreak program and my goodness, gracious, I've been to two Elder Care a couple of times to see that in person. And you know, whenever we talk about adult day health activities, yes, you know, a lot of the time we think about whenever we are whenever.
Speaker 2: You're a kid, you have kind of like daycare. This is this is for as adults.
Speaker 1: Get older, you know, sometimes our lifestyles change a bit and we're not able to be as active and out there in the community, you know, because of that aging perspective there. So this is where daybreak comes in and gives folks an opportunity to come in and do stuff right there on site.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: So you know, when you think about the activities at adult Day, we have the full spectrum, right So, if you're someone who needs some oversight and more help, we have activities for that. If you are someone who's feeling isolated, and you know, hey, I could really benefit from going and being with others, from sharing a meal to you know, doing some exercises. We look at the whole person and so those individualized care plans make a difference for our individuals.
Speaker 5: People often feel isolated at.
Speaker 4: Home, and so absolutely, if you can come to an adult day health center and you can be around others and you have talents to share when you're giving to others, we feel more hopeful. And that's what we see at elder care. You know, people come in and they think, I don't know if this is right for me, and then a couple of weeks down there, they won't miss it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It is their family, their home, they've got those friendships, they're helping others in that quality of life. It improves and those health outcomes improve. And again at adult day you have wonderful meals, you have breakfast, you have lunch served at restaurant style snacks, we have lots of parties, but you have nursing, oversight, personal care if needed, transportation all at a really affordable rate.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's so important as well.
Speaker 1: You know, I think a lot of folks as you get to that age, it might be a little bit of apprehension there saying, oh my gosh, I don't want to go to one of these adult care things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure there's some nerves and trepidation if you will, before folks.
Speaker 2: Come into this program.
Speaker 1: But I think you're right, Christina, is that once you're there, and I think it's for any age, you go like, man, I want to do this program?
Speaker 2: Do I want to join this?
Speaker 1: It's it might be a little bit of apprehension to go in there, but once you get into it and get into these programs and get to know people around you, it's a can't miss opportunity.
Speaker 5: It truly is.
Speaker 4: And you know, we have people of all ages who come to Adult Day, you know, with like Michael said, we're all aging, yes, but we have people in their thirties or forties that come to Adult Day and it just.
Speaker 5: Provides the services they need, but.
Speaker 4: The availability to really do what they want to. We look at their goals, their interests, and so it really becomes their place.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's great.
Speaker 1: And again that beautiful facility over there on a Swan drive just what about a quarter mile from the Walmart super center there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just about you can. You can see it from the parking lot.
Speaker 2: That's very true. That's very true.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, with all of these great programs as well, you know it does take some financial support, yeah, for the community to really vest in not only your own future, but also your friends and family that are maybe going through this as well. And you've got a great thing coming up this fall, and you know we do. It's going to be a a I think a toe tapping.
Speaker 3: It's it will be a toe.
Speaker 2: Tapping kind of black I was reading about it here.
Speaker 1: It is right up my alley talking about Opry Michael tell me about this.
Speaker 3: Generally everyone will associate and we're grateful that they do the good, the bad and the barbecue with Elder Care, which has been around for twenty seven years. Yes it's a twenty it's been around a long time time. It's our annual fundraiser which takes place every Mother's Day weekend. But as you said, Nathan there, you know, you have to always find ways to support the programs that we have financially, and so we had a board member who had a wonderful idea, and so we have a new fall fundraiser. It's on October twenty fifth, and we're simply calling it an evening with Clay and it has nothing to do with pottery, so get that out of your mind. So, folks, has nothing to do with pottery. No, we're going to have Clay self. And Clay is a fixture at the Buzzard Bar at in Branson or just outside of Branson with why am I drawing a blank? There? Cedar that's a big cedar lodge. So Clay plays at the Grand Ole operation has and he is basically a resident see as far as musician there at the Buzzard Bar. It's described as dueling pianos meets country music, and so Clay is going to be playing all of your favorite country hits that you love, from Johnny Cash and Ernest Tubb to Travis Tridd or Vince Gill. And you're going to be able to call out songs and Clay's gonna sing them for you and have you sing along. You might pull somebody up on stage to sing wow. So great. It's a fantastic fundraiser that we have, and we've got sponsorship opportunities. So we have two levels of sponsorship four thousand and twenty five hundred, and that will get you some premium marketing for your organization. That would be sponsoring and that would as well get you seats and tickets to be at the event. And then tickets are currently on sale at one hundred dollars per person and for an evening three hours of entertainment with Clay.
Speaker 5: Self wonderful orders.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so your one hundred dollars will include the entertainment, entrance to the event and the orders. It's going to be held at Hillcrest Country Club again October twenty fifth, seven to ten pm. Be a cash bar, and it's I tell you, it's a way to promote what we are doing at Eldercare, let people know, have a lot of fun and then bring in necessary funds to help us maintain the services that we offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just absolutely got that idea.
Speaker 1: If you're calling out all these songs, I mean, those artists who were just talking about that is our sister station k RIG one oh four point nine, absolutely, you know, and you're talking about calling out songs, maybe singing along. You know, our sports director Evan Faarbach, because whenever I'm working the afternoons, I do a noon show on k RIG, and I'm always in there playing something. I'm like absolutely, tap of my toes and singing along and he'll walk by and just roll his eyes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear that anyway.
Speaker 1: Elder Care again, where are you guys located? How can they find out more information about the services you offer?
Speaker 3: So we're located at twelve twenty three Swan Drive. You can find out more about us by calling nine one eight three three six eight five zero zero or go to about Eldercare dot org. It's our website that will connect you in any way and you can ask for me, ask for Christina, ask for daybreak, as for case management, care management, whatever, you will be connected and we will answer your questions and help make your life better.
Speaker 2: That's the entire goal around. You made our day better. Yes, I don't know about that anyway.
Speaker 1: Christina Bishop, the executive director of Elder Carmichael Colaut Development Director, thank you both so much for tolerating me this morning in place of Tom Davis.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, you've been listening to Kate one the Community Connection