Speaker 1: Fifty bloods fifty plus fifty plus.
Speaker 2: We're gonna continue the theme. We're talking about what I'm what I'm going through. It's just it's his age appropriate. So I had to cancel my trip to Indiana. I'm gonna go later. But it took cares of stuff with my mom and my daughter. So the sandwich generation that continues. The thing for my mom, which is much more important than what's going on my daughter is I'm not I mean my daughter's going through her mom's dead that I'm not saying it's not important. That's clear, straightforward. There's a funeral. I'm going to go support her and be there. My mom's things are more complicated because either because she's not eating so and not sleeping well enough, she's not get enough nutrients that her either that or some kind of dementia setting in not sure old age stuff. It's a lot that goes that that's going into this right now that I can't diagnose it on my own, and so I had this. So I had a really bad episode with my mom the other day where she's mumbling stuff that thinks that she's done and I didn't know about. I'm trying to help with her finances, take over things, gonna help her our stuff, and she names he She's like, but when I did this, like what did you do?
Speaker 1: And when I got this in the mail, what'd you get? Like? There's things she's not telling me.
Speaker 2: I thought she was telling me, So I'm like, are you So I don't know if she's purposely not telling me or she just forgets. And there's some major stuff she's mentioning in the mumblings of her talking. So I've had to jump in, like, okay, I don't get even staying. Find those papers, find what she's talking about, so I can see what's going on, give her idea because I want her being taken advantage of. I want something weird happening, like I k I of want to that stuff happening to her not at all. That's not that's not cool. So I'm trying to figure that out. Another thing too, that is that has happened. So he went to have the doctor visit. We had a we had a teleconference doctor visit so to zoom, which was great. It wasn't her regular doctor, but this doctor was great. She was great.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh my god, James, you you.
Speaker 2: You know your stuff I said, well, I'm a I'm a I'm an ex nurse, not practicing anybody.
Speaker 1: I'm next nurse.
Speaker 2: I know, I know a few things and so, but I know I'm not a doctor. I don't take a fence.
Speaker 1: To it at all. I'm not.
Speaker 2: And she wanted to talk to a doctor. I mean where my mother wants just gi a term. So she's we were there together. My mother's compreating some stuff and it's like she's like, Okay, we're having a good moment.
Speaker 1: She's kind of copreating things. You know.
Speaker 2: I had to jump in a couple of times to express what was going on. We can't get her words together a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm a deal.
Speaker 2: So the doctor understands and says, well, let's rule out anything physical, just just just can rule out. She has Kaisers. She's a great insurance. I don't care for Kaiser, but she has great insurance for her.
Speaker 1: And is it good.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get the siscate lab and chess ray. So that's blood work and chess ray, chests X ray and then doctor Mary. So I had set all that up. I set all that up. Also had to find rides for her. Who can who in the family could take her on this day. I'm around town first now im not, but it was it was a lot of I felt like I was just everything I was doing was for her, which in turn is kind of for all of us in the family because weird ones will be affected by whatever you know.
Speaker 1: By her, you know what I mean. So I sent her information.
Speaker 2: And I call she calls me, was that a Starbucks?
Speaker 1: Working on the stuff?
Speaker 2: And she is saying some oft the wall stuff too that I don't even know what she's talking about. She's not she's not having her senses are complete. She's all over the place, and so I tried to so when she gets like that, I try to get a deep breath, and it's a go okay, let me say. I try to cipher what she's saying. And there was one point she was like, you know, you get thirty dollars. I'm like thirty dollars, Like you get thirty are you gonna send back thirty dollars?
Speaker 1: Like what do you?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. And I taught me Rake very just nice about like girls. So I don't know what you're talking about. What do you can you slow just slow down? Ticket deeper out to tell me what you and tell you what's going on. Sometimes it works and I go, oh, okay, and I'll tell her as long as it's like still confusing.
Speaker 1: It great.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes I realized she got in her mind somewhere that I needed thirty bucks and I asked her for it, and she said it to me and I never did.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: And then I said, okay, I didn't that to my account later and there were thirty bucks in there. I mean, I turned back. I mean we're all sharing money. I share money with her whatever. So I was like, I was like, okay, is thirty bucks whatever? And then I told her, but I said, I sent her a text with her dots departments coming up. She didn't, you know, she didn't understand the text. She was like getting in. She was getting confused on the phone, getting frustrated. Don't you give I don't get frustrated. It's okay. Maybe we're giving you, he said, Maybe I'm giving you. I try to be really nice.
Speaker 1: Spot. Maybe we're giving you too many numbers. But I'm talking too fast. It's fine. I slow it down.
Speaker 2: I go, we're going to a doctor on this day for your labs and we're going on the doctor on this day with this, I said, oh about you, and she still wasn't getting it. So I was like, it's fine, said that's why. That's why I said, I want to stay. I'm gonna go with you so I can tell them, which they also have on their records too, but make sure that he give what she needs to have done.
Speaker 1: I know. It's like.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like okay, and I said, I'm learning that I have to kind of because yes, it was a hard day for me. And uh, because she's a hoarder. So I looking at her house and I'm like, I stopped working on it for two years. I used to working all the time. But I said, I'm done. I look at it. I'm like, it's overwhelming.
Speaker 1: I give all my clients fall apart, and I have to say I felt the same way. I collect myself and we moved on.
Speaker 2: But so I'm trying to cry on space for her so she can walk with her walker and not fall and all this stuff. And I threw out a bunch of stuff. I mean I threw out a bunch of empty boxes, empty bags, and you you just do not need them now. Our Comma. I will say this. I'm a bag lady myself. I like bags, and I just I just know that there are certain there are there's some nice bags out there, so I try to I have to watch myself too. I fully admit on what bags are keep in donkey because it's like it could be too much.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 2: It's just tough because my business is doing very well and moving up.
Speaker 1: It comes to when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Let's recall it, Uh my got my blank off is and my personal life kind of sucks. So I saw I'm goodding back and exists at the same time, up and down sat the same time. So that's what I'm dealing with right now. And I think at this age a lot of my friends are going through the same thing.
Speaker 1: So it's not just me.
Speaker 2: We're all kind of going through it like a mother or a father or an uncle or you know, something like that, plus our own lives and so it's it's it's a it's a trip every day. I'm trying to figure it out. Just say it was rough today, I'm better, tomorrow can be rough again. Uh, that's just kind of how it is. I bought Barbaristris sends a new album, so I'm I going to put it in a listen to. It's called Partners, Volume to You The Secret of Life, and she has Paul McCartney, Sam Smith, Bob Dylan, Ran carry On and Grande, James Taylor Sting.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to listen to this, so that makes me happy at least a new Barb, a new Barb rock album.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we're working it out. We're gonna try.
Speaker 2: I have a life coaching client yesterday and we had a really great session and I always learned from my client's officer at the same time through their situations and it's a great exchange.
Speaker 1: I love it. That's it. I guess that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm James lad here for this week Q posting what's going on. It's just it's a roller coaster ride being fifty plus, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Bye.