Speaker 1: I want to start off today's episode with a quote, No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar, Abraham Lincoln. In two thousand and eight, a woman came home and was greeted by a police officer who informed her that her husband had been murdered. She was stricken with grief and went with the police to help in any way she could, but her lies would soon catch up with her, as her husband would walk into the interrogation room and she was quickly put into handcuffs. Warning. The following podcast contains graphic content and material intended for a mature audience. Listener discretion is advised. Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicket and Grim.
Speaker 1: A true crime podcast. How's it going?
Speaker 2: It's going good?
Speaker 1: Guess what what? It's October?
Speaker 2: Oh, spooky season.
Speaker 1: Technically technically today as of recording. Do you know what day it is?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. It's the second or the third?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's October third?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay?
Speaker 1: What some people know what I'm getting at and I'm just gonna leave it.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay? Is it? It's not the mean girls? Oh? Oh shit?
Speaker 1: It's October third.
Speaker 2: Well then, if anyone should know what that is, it's me.
Speaker 1: No shit, but you didn't wait to go Well, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know what freaking date is. I'm still living in August.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's October third. It's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: Its October third.
Speaker 1: Also for the uh full metal Alchemy alchemists people out there as well, if you know so. Anyways, how's it going, Yeah, it's October. Halloween is officially around the corner, or for some of us, it's already here because October is Halloween.
Speaker 2: And it was a super awesome because it was October first that hocus Pocus two was released right, which I thought was very good on their part of release date, really.
Speaker 1: Good timing, so good. I don't know if you guys watched it or not. We're not going to do any spoilers, but we watched it.
Speaker 2: We did. I want to watch it again to be honest.
Speaker 1: Though we loved it. However, we do have some some critiques on it. It's definitely not like hocus Pocus one. The Sanderson sisters are just like hocus pokeson one.
Speaker 2: They're awesome. They could do no wrong.
Speaker 1: Right, they did absolutely amazing. Yeah, got right back into the role, like like not even a minute passed.
Speaker 2: But but then at the end, I was like, it's they haven't even aged, but you're like, yes, they have.
Speaker 1: So it's been thirty years.
Speaker 2: I know, so obviously they have, but from my memory they didn't, I guess. But I want to watch hocus Pocus one and then two back to back. Yeah, I'd really like to do that.
Speaker 1: I think hocus Pocus two is kind of, at least for me, it's like a one off. It's like I saw it, I'm happy happened, and then I'm just going to go back to living life with hocus Pocus one for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: It's very rare that the second one is as good as the first one.
Speaker 1: That's true in my opinion, especially when you're dealing with a cult classic focus.
Speaker 2: They had. It was kind of almost like they had something very hard on their hands. Oh God, I was like, I can't stop at this point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, hocus Pocus it's going with low expectations. Just go in and enjoy the Sanderson sisters and you'll probably love it. If you go in looking for trouble, you'll probably find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But No, it's definitely worth the watch. It was good. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, before we get into our patrons, we want to remind you guys to make sure you send us some listener tales because coming up on Halloween, we have Halloween Week. We got a lot coming out that week, and one of the episodes that we're dropping as a little extra episode, just so you know, it's not one of the seven. It's an extra episode on top of the see, on top of.
Speaker 2: A week of episodes, there's an extra exactly so that listening tales where you just tell us some spooky shit that you've endured in your life.
Speaker 1: So send us an email over at Wicked and Grim Podcast at gmail dot com with your listener tale and you could potentially get your story in our show.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Now, moving out of patrons.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to chat really quick about we put out a YouTube video.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, tell us about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we have a YouTube channel. It's called our Wicked Life. It's just Wicked Life with Wicked Life. And we finally did after like a million to one request. I feel like we did a tiny home tour. We did so it was our one year anniversary of living in this tiny home. So yeah, where you're basically seeing what a tiny home that's lived in looks like.
Speaker 1: Yep, so we have excuse me. We have a couple YouTube videos out from the past. They're not the greatest, but.
Speaker 2: It's nothing that we're going to be working on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're going to start trying to work on our YouTube a little bit more, but we're starting with this tiny home tour. So you can go search up Wicked Life on YouTube and we'll actually have our YouTube channel link down below here as well on the podcast. Go check it out if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it was cool and it was good. Like a lot of our friends and family too were kind of after seeing this, so it was cool to put it out there.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, Okay, now on to the patron.
Speaker 2: Now on to it patrons.
Speaker 1: So we had some lovely patrons sign up this week for the show, So thank you to Kyle Chadwick, Jennifer Lockhart, Joy Carter, Cindy Wheeland, Nicole Royan, Ryan Ryan. It's like our ion like lyon so it's deceiving. I'm not certain. I think I'm gonna go with Ryan and Cheyenne Han. Chyanne was actually kind enough to let us know how to pronounce her name.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much, amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so thank you to those awesome patrons who signed up. And if you want to join us over on Patreon, you can get exclusive episodes, behind the scenes all that good stuff. It's down below in the link. You can go check it out, or if not, you can just join us here in regular episodes, just like you are now. And we still appreciate that too.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just going to say too, on we just released a Patreon episode we did on I guess I've been Friday.
Speaker 1: The last day of every month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was the set of gay Yeah Family Murders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did a really good job on that one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did that one. It's it's a it's an awful case, but like, yeah, it's a really good listen. It's very interesting and if you want to hear our take on that, you can head on over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so check it out.
Speaker 2: I forgot to post it on the stories actually that I put that one out fair.
Speaker 1: Enough or just chill with us here. Either way, we appreciate you. So with all that out of the way, should we get into this.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, Yeah, I was pretty pumped actually, because I was like, oh my gosh, no one gets hurt in this episode, Like I'm pumped. But dude, but then you just looked at me weirdly. So now I'm unsure.
Speaker 1: But maybe I looked at you weirdly. Just three for a loop or maybe which could be maybe someone does. You can have to listen to find out. Okay, but to start off, we're going to take ourselves all the way back to Florida in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, is this a Florida case?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's a Florida case. Florida man does something odd and weird. You know, have you ever like googled that on Google? Of course it's on Google. You're supposed to go Florida man and then type in your birthday and it's like, see what weird article comes up with Florida man on your birthday?
Speaker 2: Okay, is it your birthday? I thought for some reason your name was in there too, but it's your birth man.
Speaker 1: He could do it with your name. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have heard of that though, Yeah, I've never done it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of entertaining, but yeah, this has taken us all the way back to Florida in two thousand and eight. Now we're starting off with a thirty eight year old man by the name of Michael Dippolito who was an ex convict I should say, Okay, he was on a twenty eight year long probation for some stock fraud.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was convicted in two thousand and one and served seven months in prison. Now, though Michael was an entrepreneur, though I couldn't actually find what sort of business he was into. Mind you, I didn't dig too deep into that one. It's kind of irrelevant information. But either way, he was making good money and doing pretty well for himself. Okay, So this particular day, Michael was enjoying his evening of bachelorhood as his wife was out of town for the weekend. Now, Michael decided a good way to spend his loane time was to hire a sex worker.
Speaker 2: Okay, that took a turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So thirty five minutes after placing a call, twenty six year old Dahlia Mohammad would show up to his door. So not the greatest decision making, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: But no, well, like that's just like the fear I feel like of every white every marriage. Yeah, not even just wive's husbands and all the jazz too, Like, jeez, that's that's awful. Faith, I'm disgusted by him already.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's definitely not a cool thing. So Dahlia she was born in New York City on October eighteenth and nineteen eighty two. Her and her siblings were raised by their Egyptian father and their Peruvian mother. Now Dahlia and her family would move to New York and find their new heart. Moved from New York and find the new home in Boynton Beach, Florida, which is where Michael lived, and she moved there when she was thirteen years old. Now, like many of us, Dahlia was, you know, trying to find a career path and you know, that whole idea was a little bit difficult for her as she was growing up. So eventually she did decide that she was going to go for her real estate license and in the meantime, she began working with an escort agency as a sex worker. Now it was through that work that she would meet the aforementioned Michael Dippolito. She would of course knock on his door and here they are. The two shared the evening of purchased Bliss, and with that, Michael fell head over heels for Dahlia.
Speaker 2: Oh really, heyah, in one night like that.
Speaker 1: In one night. Now, the new woman in his life was exciting and he couldn't wait to begin a new life with her, so he quickly filed for divorce only two weeks later. Wow, he filed for divorce of his wife seven years and then proposed to Dahlia with a twenty thousand dollars engagement ring.
Speaker 2: Holy heck, kay, what she is into him?
Speaker 1: We'll get into that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm jumping ahead. I'm jumping ahead here.
Speaker 1: Definitely jumping ahead. So this is quite the big commitment for right. He's he's taken a huge leap.
Speaker 2: That's a lot to just decide in pretty short span there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, when we're talking about Dahlia here, whether it was love at first sight that they shared, or maybe it was the dollar figure attached to Michael for example, the ring. Either way, Dahlia says yes. And it was only five days after Michael's divorce was finalized that he and Dahlia would get married on February second in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. Okay, Like I kind of almost feel bad for the wife.
Speaker 1: Oh so do I don't get me wrong there, like things escalated quickly. She was thrown to the side. She was like old newspaper from like yeah, puppy going to.
Speaker 2: The bathroom on Like I was like, that's a fear, just like that you're supposed kind of cheats on you when you're gone, But then this is like next level. Oh yeah, And question did the twenty thousand dollars ring, Like is that kind of within his means? Does he have that kind of money. I'm always on a stretch.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent certain how in his means it is. However, I do know that throughout this case they are spending more money, and he seemed to be comfortable with it. Okay, So I'm sure he went into debt with some of this stuff, but I don't think it was like super extravagant for him, Like it's a whole year's wage worth by any means, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not too sure on his his financial situation, but he had he was comfortable.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, no matter even credit or whatever, like he I used to still be able to afford that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he was able to afford it and was still comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean he had this new, exciting relationship with this woman that he fell over head over heels for. He was comfortable with his monetary situation. He was living a good life. However, things in Michael's life would begin to slowly take a turn, and it started on March twelfth of two thousand and nine, just one month after getting married to Dahlia. It was early in the morning and there was a knock at the front door. Now Michael opened the door to find his parole officer and two police standing there with them. Now, this was rather unusual. He had visits from his parole officer before, you know, other times and everything, but they were usually scheduled. This was the first surprise visit that he ever had, especially escorted by police. That was also new.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's like he's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's exactly what it was. They informed him that there were multiple anonymous tips that he had been allegedly selling drugs such as ecstasy and illegal steroids from his home. Now Michael was in absolute disbelief. He'd kept himself clean. He was steering far away from all this sort of stuff since he was on parole, but he couldn't do much. The parole officer and police had a warrant in hand, so he stepped aside. They entered his home and they began to search, but they came up empty handed.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so someone is setting him up.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see his wife.
Speaker 2: That's my guess. That's your guest, his ex wife. I guess I should coracked myself.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily for him as it would have. Like, you know, he didn't have anything in there. No one had set him up or put anything in there. Nothing was found because if something was found, that would have certainly meant jail time. He would have been going back the next day. Dahlia suggested that they should take a nice getaway trip to Palm Beach. It was exactly what Michael needed. You know, he was stressed out. He was watching his back wherever he went, wondering who made these calls to the authorities. A relaxing, romantic trip with his wife could be the exact thing he needed to ease his mind. So he took her suggestion and they went off. So the two booked off a weekend get away in a nice, fancy resort hotel. See again, he's spending more money and I think it's comfort. But then, because it was the weekend, Sunday morning came around the next day and as they were leaving, police were there to greet them in the parking lot of the resort. At the vehicle, they received another anonymous call that he was dealing drugs from his car. Again warrant in hand, they searched but found nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this is such a waste of resources too. But I can understand if I feel like I know who it is, the wife or the wife's family, I'd be freaking pissed too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So well, two weeks after that, when the two were out for a fancy dinner at a restaurant, police were again waiting for them at their car as they were leaving the restaurant, again ready to search his property. This time, however, police did come up with something. They weren't empty antids. They found inside a cigarette package a small bag of cocaine, rolled up and tucked into a spot where one of the cigarettes would have been was since removed. Michael was frantic, like absolutely frantic. He collapsed in like fucking tears. He told police it wasn't his. He was being set up. Somebody placed it there. He had no idea what was going on. It seemed to be odd to police too, as they listened to Michael, Now, this is a very weird place to tuck away a small amount cocaine. Maybe someone did plant it. Maybe Michael actually knew nothing of it. As they were considering this, police took note that his wife, Dahlia, seemed almost emotionless as her husband was breaking down in literal tears.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, my gears are changing here. Okay wow.
Speaker 1: So police decided they believed Michael and did not make an arrest. They finished the search and left. Police weren't the only ones who had suspicions of Dahlia though.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm in shock right now.
Speaker 1: Why are you in shock?
Speaker 2: Well, because I don't know. I mean, we know a teeny bit about this story. But it's I always thought it was going to be the ex wife here, he thought. But now I'm changing my tune.
Speaker 1: Potentially, Well, who do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's this new wife now, which is mind blowing to me. And then yeah, she's obviously just using him for his money, you think so? God, this guy has made some shit life choices, like some real poor life choices here.
Speaker 1: I can't argue that fair enough. But like I said, the police were the only ones who began to realize this. Michael also began to put the puzzle pieces together. Now, they didn't tell anyone that they were going out for dinner or exactly where, So how did the police know where to find and search the vehicle? And if he didn't put the cocaine there, the only other person with access to the vehicle would have been Dahlia Jeez. So on the drive home, he asked her if she had anything to do with it, and that's when she got like big Matt. She was driving the car home and she slammed down the gas pedal, driving on the freeway, extremely reckless and reaching speeds reportedly up to one hundred and ninety I believe miles per oly.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yes, she screamed at him and was like, how could you even begin to think such things that I did this, and blah like all that sort of stuff. Right, So, ridden with absolute fear, Michael calmed her down as best as he could, and he told her that he believed her and he's sorry, he even like brought it up. That's like horrible of him sort of thing. He did whatever he could calm her down and get the situation back under control. So the next morning, tensions were running high. Dahlia was making breakfast. She made breakfast for her husband Michael. They ate, and afterwards she broke some news to him she was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was quite okay. Well, I'm just like curious of where this is going. Sorry, I'm like actually very actively listening. Yeah. Should I be more shocked than she's prego?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Should I be like, oh my god, that's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here. Yes, Dahlia is lying.
Speaker 2: Because she knows she's getting caught in her act.
Speaker 1: Yep, She's not pregnant, and she is in fact the one calling the police. She is the one being anonymous reporting these things. Now, I just want to point this out, Like, why am I coming clean and telling you guys this here now when we're like partially way through the story. Well the reason is because by this time her lies were beginning to get uncovered anyways, so we are literally just following how this story actually developed so.
Speaker 2: And then they're getting uncovered by Michael and the police.
Speaker 1: Basically correct, they're not quite getting uncovered just yet, but here in a moment, they're getting uncovered.
Speaker 2: So well, he's very much so realizing that she's probably I don't know, I was going to say, I'll to say nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, little nuts, it's pretty obvious she's our douche canoe of the day at this point.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I was going to say some things that I just settled on nuts. But yeah, she's like, he really has made very poor life decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Dalia told Michael she was pregnant. Why why did she lie to him? Because she knew he was catching on to the fact that she was one calling police, she was one reporting these things. She planted the cocaine there, So she told him this to distract him from the reality of the situation around him.
Speaker 2: Well, and she would, I mean, his whole actions would change, right, Oh my gosh, so excited and like I need to protect my wife and my child, and one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent with the thought of a child on the way, you know, becoming a dad, you know, having the new wife who's now pregnant.
Speaker 2: Was he would that have been like his if she was actually pregnant, would that have been his first kid?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did he do?
Speaker 1: I believe so. I've never found any reports of any other kids. Okay, so so yeah, with this whole child bearing thing in mind, everything else just kind of began to fade off. And that's what Dally was hoping for. That's exactly what happened. So this same day, the two began planning their future as parents. They went shopping and they bought some baby books. However, Dahlia wasn't exactly having baby on the mind, clearly because she's not actually even pregnant. So while they're out shopping, she was thinking about something else. She was beginning to text an old boyfriend of hers, Mike. So just clarification, Mike is the old boyfriend, Michael is the new husband.
Speaker 2: Not confusing at all, Right.
Speaker 1: That's why I've been saying Michael this whole time, not abbreviating to Mike.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: So while they were out shopping for these books, one of the texts she sent her old boyfriend Mike said, and I quote Bibe, I miss you so much. I want to fuck call me xo xo.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa whoa, Yes, okay, so quite aggressive to say to me while she's a married woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was her way of reeling him into her plan, you know, and he took the bait. So they had a because I said it earlier, a night of bliss together, and Dahlia convinced Mike to pose as a probation lawyer, calling Michael with some legal advice. Now the advice was regarding how to get off his twenty eight year long probation. He told him that his house as an asset was an issue and needed to be transferred ownership over to his wife in case he did get arrested.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yes, so if he got arrested, then it would be in Dahlia's names. When he's in prison, there will be no.
Speaker 2: Issues, right, good lord, This lady is very what's the word like, deceiving, manipulated, manipulative? Yeah, yeah, there's a lot there, brutal.
Speaker 1: And Michael was still shaking up from the cocaine incident. I mean this was only a day or two after that incident happened, remember, so this is still very fresh. He was afraid some of those charges regarding it would actually stick and he might be sent back to jail. So he followed the Bogues advice. He didn't do any research on his own. He just trusted this random guy who claimed to be a lawyer knew this information, and he followed his recommendation. Him and Dalia drove down and transferred ownership over to her.
Speaker 2: This is so shitty because he seems like he is getting he got his life back together right at some point yea, from making some poor choices or whatever, and she's just completely ruining his fucking life.
Speaker 1: Oh and she's taking advantage of every little thing she can. Wow, I feel like I should have been like every little thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually how it went through my head. Huh.
Speaker 1: So, like you say, Manipu relative Conniving a douche canoe, she's a biach. Let's say it. I'm sorry she is.
Speaker 2: Well yeah and like, but the interesting thing is that he's just going with.
Speaker 1: That well because he's head over heels for this woman. And now not only is this his new wife, this is the mother of his child as far as he knows.
Speaker 2: True, right, I thought about the baby already.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyways, with this now the house being fully in Dahlia's name, it meant Michael was fully disposable. So Dahlia dropped the ex mic. She was done with him, and she reached out to another one of her exes, Mohammed Shihade. Now she wanted mahabbed to hire a hitman to kill her husband.
Speaker 2: This is like a soap opera and a half. I feel like I'm literally like in The Young and Restless right now.
Speaker 1: Oh girl, you have no idea. It gets way worse. Trust me. This is who. So with this information, with this conversation with Dahlia, what did Mohammad do? He went straight to police and informed them exactly of her intentions.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was not expecting it to go that way, and I freaking love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was like, Yo, this bitch want to do some shit.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shadow him, Shadow to Mohammed here, no kidding, now, quickly police. Well, and I shouldn't say quickly because at first they weren't. They were really like unsure of this guy. And if I see telling the truth, it sounds pretty far fetched, right, But Mohammad and the police began to work together and they put a plan into action. He would act as though he got a hit man and that he would get her to contact the hit man and they set up a whole meeting together. So the hit man, though, was not a hit man, It was in fact an undercover police officer. Yes, And the car they met in was full of cameras and audio equipment. It just so happened the show cops was working with the police department that week, and they agreed to rig up the car with their equipment and record all of it with their hidden camera.
Speaker 2: Nice say, that's gold.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, what are the fucking odds?
Speaker 2: I also have to say, though, thank goodness that the police took this kind of seriously here, Oh, this could have gone a totally different way.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think the police were like, you know what, hey cops, you know, if this turns out to be a bust, you got a show or something, right like, it could have been a beneficial thing. A we get to actually check out and see if this is real. B If it's not real, at least it's not taxpayer dollars to waste. There's probably some exchange going on, right right, So that's my guest there Now I lost my spot, okay, right, So in the meeting, they met in the car in this parking lot, Dahlia would pay a three thousand dollars deposit out of a total of seven thousand dollars for of course the hit and her husband, not very much money, mind you. This is two and too still but still. Yeah. So she gave a photo of Michael to the supposed hit man and a photo of the house as well. She made it abundantly clear that yes, she wanted this done, and there was no way that she's turning back. She has made up her mind. This is happening.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, everything is being recorded exactly. Oh so it's a best.
Speaker 1: It's she's fucked, let's put that way. Yeah. So they actually meant two times, and then the second meeting, the two plans. The whole thing, the whole idea was laid out from beginning to end. The plan was at about six thirty to seven am next Wednesday morning, Michael would be taking the dogs for walk as he usually does, and he always leaves the door and locked. So she's going to leave for the gym at about six am and return home to you know, find her husband killed, so that gives her an alibi for being out of the house while this all.
Speaker 2: Hers Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Now the hit man is going to make this look like a robbery gone bad and no one will be the wiser. Of course, this hit man again, undercover police officer. This is all the setup. So August fifth, two thousand and nine, the plan was all set in motion, and the police let the plan play out. Dahlia left to go for the gym, and when she did, police pulled up to the house and began knocking on the door. Michael opened up, of course, with a face full of police officers and yeah, right at his front door.
Speaker 2: Probably being scared they're going to like arrest him or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably panicked initially, like what the fuck, But they informed him of all of Dahlia's plans. Wow, the whole thing, the undercover officer, the footage, the audio, everything could you imagine. So he was taken quickly by the police back to the police station. They didn't have much time. They got to get all this set up in the meantime, and while he was being taken back, the whole fake crime scene around the couple's house was being set up by authorities. They had cop cars with flashing lights, police tape strung up around the yard, news cameras, you name it. The nice thing these news cameras we're filming and we're catching all these reactions and everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's almost amazing that they went through all of these steps though, because technically they could have just not really played out the whole scene though, right, it's like they were, but I mean, this cop show and stuff was in on this, and like, well.
Speaker 1: At this point, the cop show isn't in on it anymore because it's not a cop show. This is an actual investation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean, I guess they're just really making sure they're like getting her.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what it was was the show cops lent them the equipment, okay, yes, and then.
Speaker 2: They and now they realize this is legit shit and they get her.
Speaker 1: So this is no longer. This is no longer a TV show. This is footage for an investigation. This is evidence, not a TV show. You just lentus equipment, that's it.
Speaker 2: But it's still exactly like a soap opera.
Speaker 1: It's worse pretty much. But after all that footage, after the meetings, they had enough evidence. The reason why they continued to let this play out is they wanted to ensure that they had as much as they possibly could to convict her.
Speaker 2: Is there shit that we get to watch? I want to see this stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is an audio podcast. You can't watch.
Speaker 2: There gonna be links like okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's definitely some stuff in the description below. Don't worry about that. Amazing now I completely lost my spot. Where was I right? So they had all the all the whole setup going right, So once they were done, all they really need to do now was called Dahlia and tell her she needed to come home. So after she got a call from the police, she rushed home and exited her car as she pretended not to know what was going on there, she was greeted by Sergeant Frank Ramzi, who approached her and told her the tragedy that occurred while she was at the gym. Her husband, Mike Dippolito, had been shot and murdered. Good God, Dahlia instantly and if you ask me, if you watch the footage, preemptively broke down and started crying in a panic just before he even actually said it. She she was a little early on it if you really watch, and she played up the role of the whole damsel in distress. She was literally shaking and vibrating like I'm sorry, I don't want to admit it, but that was one hell of a fucking performance.
Speaker 2: So it's almost like she practiced for this or something.
Speaker 1: Like she's done this sort of shit to manipulate people before.
Speaker 2: And sorry that I always jump on ahead. That's the scene that I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, like I said, all while, there are very real cameras rolling, and it is a scene that you want to watch, And there is an audio clip I am going to play for you so you can hear that discussion between Dahlia and the cop play out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, here it.
Speaker 1: Goes Osaga Ramsey, I'm the one that called you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming. I'm sorry to call you. Listen.
Speaker 1: We had a report of a disturbance at your house and there were shots fired as your husband Michael. Okay, I'm sorry to tell you man, he's been killed. He's been killed. Try to find out listen right now, we need to We need to. I can't look man, We have to do our job. You want to find a filler, Okay, we need you to come down. I need you to go with theives. Okay, because you have enemies.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone who would want to hurt him?
Speaker 1: Okay, who we want to hurt him? Waitness he said he saw a blackmail running from you. I can't let you see him. Man, ma'am, I cannot do.
Speaker 2: This right now. I need you. I need you to take them to the station.
Speaker 1: I can't go with these detectives. If you want to help your husband, Okay, if you want to help your husband, you need to go to the station with these gentlemen and tell us everything you know about who he knows, who the boy. We weren't taking care of dogs right now. Everything's on the control. I won't take care of everything else. Okay, thank you guys. So there's one thing I really want to point out in that audio. Did you notice how in amongst all of that crying she happened to point out to the police my husband's on parole.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't even hear that.
Speaker 1: She says that a grieving wife pointed out to the police my husband's on parole.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I thought that the best acting job there was the police officer. Oh yeah, that was not how I don't I just don't think that's how that would have played out, Because, like I think, after you're you if it was legit, you're told something like that. I think norm she should have practiced more. Really, you would have been shocked, like I don't think you would have hardly said shit, because you had just been like crying, probably start crying. But I don't think that you would have words almost right away, like processing this so slowly in your brain exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly why I'm so focused on that my husband's on parole. She's already thinking about pointing the finger on who could have done this, pointing out that my husband's on parole. There's probably someone who's after him. And it wasn't me, it was somebody else.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see what she's doing there.
Speaker 1: Then, right already in the moment when she's supposedly a grieving wife like you just said, she probably shouldn't even be able to get words out. Yeah, but she manages to tip the police off.
Speaker 2: The only legit one that I thought was that her concerned about the dogs, because I would have not concerned too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough. So after that audio, she was taking to the police station and as far as she was aware, for routine questioning. As we all know, the spouser you know, significant other and is the usual suspect number one, right, So it's just protocol. She's like, you know, maybe I can help the police or whatever situation, although we know she's just gonna be throwing them off. And I'm sure in her head, you know, she was all like, I'm going to be in out of the station quickly. My life's gonna be great. I've got a new house in my name, all money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, what was actually going on was she was being detained and arrested before she even knew it. If she wow, if she was going to be leaving that station immediately, cuffs to be slapping on her wrists.
Speaker 2: And here she's just like thinking she's living her best fucking life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was just easy, breezy, beautiful cup girl. So so it started with condolences and comfort comforting from officers in the interrogation room. Okay, she sobbed and she told them, quote, I love my husband. I want to see him. They won't let me see him. Now, police officers, you know understand this is a charade. And I'm pretty sure they were hardly able to stomach this ridiculous charade, but they managed to, and they continued up their charade as well. Questioning, Dahlia tells police all about her husband's criminal history, how he was on probation. As far as she can tell, there was many reasons why many people would want him dead, pointing fingers in all other directions to take any light off of herself. Eventually, though, police decided to move on to things in a little bit of a different direction. So far, they've been holding their cards tight, and it was time to actually begin playing their cards. Police decided to bring in the undercover police officer who had played the role as the hitman. He entered the interrogation room in handcuffs, still playing the role, acting as though he had been caught, and police said they got him fleeing the scene. Oh and they're like, why were you in her house? Do you know her? And he just kind of like blankly, he's looking down. He denies knowing Dahlia, and of course Dahlia happily plays long denies knowing him too.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like, I can't believe it there able to just do this, Like I feel like it aither be laughing or like so disgusted that this is happening.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guarant fucking t you anyone outside of that interrogation room is shaking their head in disbelief and uncontrollably laughing because this is.
Speaker 2: Just so ridiculous, so awkward and uncomfortable. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so questioning didn't actually last a whole lot longer after that. Uh, the officer in undercover cuffs, if you want to say, he had left the room shortly thereafter, and police began to decide, you know, it's time to play their whole hand. They told her right to her face, you're going to jail for soliciting a first degree murder. That's an undercover police officer.
Speaker 2: Okay. What was her reaction to that?
Speaker 1: She was just like, she wasn't sobbing or crying anymore. She was just blank and she's just like, I didn't do anything. She's like fuck pretty much. Yeah. You can see her demeanor completely change of just like uh so, yeah, she starts saying I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything, And then they told her about the cameras and the audio equipment, all the evidence the fake set up at the house because they opened the door to play the ace up their sleeve and in walks her husband, Michael Dippolito alive as can be.
Speaker 2: Wow, she'd probably looked like she saw a freaking ghost.
Speaker 1: She was like because by this time, in between the undercover officer coming in and Michael coming in a couple minutes, but she got cuffed in that time officially when they're like you're going to jail and shit. So she's now cuffed with hands behind her back, and she's like, Michael, come here, come here, please come here, like she's begging to come to her, and he's like, uh no, like no, like you can't fix this.
Speaker 2: She's still trying to play this game.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's one hundred percent trying to play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And however, though neither the confrontation from her husband or the undercover police officer or any evidence would bring a confession out of her, she one hundred percent stood her ground. No matter how bleak she maintained, or no how bleak the situation.
Speaker 2: Maintained, she still disclaimed her innocence.
Speaker 1: She said she didn't do anything. They showed her the footage of her in the car paying someone to kill her husband.
Speaker 2: I mean, props for taking it as far as you can. I guess. Yeah, she's almost comical.
Speaker 1: She stood her ground and it is very comical. It's like it's like you, like, you say, watching a soap opera or a fucking cartoon at this point, like how the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like at some point though, you need to know, like, bitch, you done, yeah, and like just probably admit to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But she's not. She's just like, no, I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: When she was shipped to jail, she used her phone call to call none.
Speaker 2: Other then who who do you think bbe?
Speaker 1: No? Her husband Michael?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I wouldn't remember his name, but its Mike the other guy. Oh seriously called.
Speaker 1: Her husband, the one she tried to get murdered.
Speaker 2: Wow, because she is literally no one else or she's still playing this stupid.
Speaker 1: Game she's trying. She's playing the game. She's trying to convince him that she didn't do anything and that he needed to come down to her and help her get out of prison. She's trying to gaslight him in this whole story, and he's like, how do you explain this footage? Then? And she's like, come down to the jail and I'll tell you. But I didn't do it. This is all said, up, I didn't do it. I didn't do it. This is an audio recorded conversation. You can listen to this conversation.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So when this didn't work because he's like, I can't do anything. I called your family for He's like, I can't, I can't do anything. And props to him because he's still talking to her like a human being, not a fucking monster.
Speaker 2: And even like calling her family for her.
Speaker 1: Like wow, Like I would be I'm sorry, like hands clean, Like I would see this number calling me, I'd be like hello, and if I heard that voice, click.
Speaker 2: Click, never to speak to them ever again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So props to him for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, she legit wanted him to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had no regard for his life.
Speaker 2: In her mind. She was coming home from the gym and he was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Dead, yep, and she was okay with that. So when this phone called a Michael didn't work and she wasn't able to manipulate him any longer, she turned to her mom and she called her mom and told her that she wanted Mike out of her house and that he is the one who did this to her, but.
Speaker 2: Shit, it is her house. They're going to have to change that. That got changed okay, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: Now, twenty months later, after Dahlia being put in the slammer for lack of better words, because my brain farted there, brain farted. I had a brain fart.
Speaker 2: There we go, your brain fart. Wow, you can.
Speaker 1: Tell I had a brain fart there if I say that. That was interesting. So twenty months later, Dahlia would actually take the stand and be on trial in April of twenty eleven. Now, when the evidence against her came up, it was so incredible. Like I said, the video, the audio, the police set up everything. She still maintained her innocence. Wow, she was innocent as far as she knew, as far as she said everything. She did not do this. It was a setup. Now, it was something that her defense would actually cling onto. The fact that she did not crack and she maintained her innocence was key to her defense. They spun a story of how Michael was a reality TV nut and this was all a plan for him to be able to get famous and on TV. In fact, they even use the fact that the show cops helped film the footage as means to help support their theory or story or whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: That's some creative defense right there.
Speaker 1: It's creative as a word I would not use. It's a colorful defense. Maybe, I don't know. It's out there. It's very Looney tunesque it is.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like what other where are they gonna go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they painted her as the victim who went along with her husband's plan in order to garnish fame on TV, but when things turned sour, he bailed out or whatever and left her to take all the blame. That's that was the defense, Michael. I mean literally laughed at this in trial.
Speaker 2: That's not terrible, Like I'm actually shocked because I was just I was thinking. But at this point she would just be like yeah, like I mean she had twenty months to just like accept her fate, like yeah I am I did this, Like yeah, I fucked up. But that no, like that's it just keeps going like this just doesn't end, does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It doesn't?
Speaker 2: Is she still okay? No, sorry, I'll get that to the end.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going. We're getting there. The jury, however, didn't buy this defense. On May thirteenth, twenty eleven, the jury took only one hour to return with their verdict. Dahlia sat in the courtroom and didn't even flinch as she was found guilty of solicitation in the first degree of murder. She was sentenced to twenty years in prison. Now when this was occurring, there's again more footage coverage of this. The judge goes off on her about her zero lack of remorse, her zero lack of respect when she received her sentence. She stood there or she sat there, no emotion.
Speaker 2: Nothing, just literally doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Not a single fuck given. Wow, none of.
Speaker 2: It, because you would think at some point and be like, yeah, I really screwed up. Like twenty months sitting in a jail cell, I feel like you would at some point be like, wow, like I messed up.
Speaker 1: Well, now she has twenty years to think about it.
Speaker 2: However, Oh you're kidding. There got to be no However.
Speaker 1: She and he in her defense appealed the decision one month later due to a technicality of the jury being improperly selected. Oh my gosh, and she remained on house arrest instead of jail for six years until a retrial took place in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: House arrest way or like with her mom, I guess.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure which address, rutal, But yeah, she was on house arrest instead of prison for six years brutal. Now, in the retrial, she was again found guilty of solicitation in the first degree in mark, of course she was, and she used that same defense. She still maintained her innocence throughout it all, throughout it all.
Speaker 2: You're really hammering the points here, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so in this case, she was sentenced to sixteen years in prison on July twenty first, twenty seventeen, which technically would equal out to be a longer sentence.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, I was just it's twenty two years.
Speaker 1: However, six of those years was house arrest rather than prison, so it probably better still.
Speaker 2: But then also, like you just experienced six years of house arrest and now you're going back to jail. That's like almost worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh with that, sorry, excuse me. Dahlia dipp Alito, I'm sure her last name might be changed by now, will be staying at the Lowell Correctional Institute in Okalla, Florida, until twenty thirty two. She has ten more years to go, but she will still maintain her innocence the whole time. I'm sure, because she still does to this day. She claims it was all in act to get on TV. She also claims that the police department were in on it. She claims because they were trying to extravagate this whole cop scenario and try and make a buck off it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Her ex boyfriend Mike was in on it. Sorry, Mohammed, I can't remember which one exactly, one of the ex boyfriends. Yes, it was Mohammed, Sorry, Mohammed was in on it. I'm her ex husband, Michael. He was all in on. Everyone was in on it, and she is just the one to take the victim circumstance from the entire situation.
Speaker 2: Hm. Okay. This is scary though, because she's not going to be that old when she gets out, and she's not going to be a changed woman.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: So like the world should be a little afraid. Well, what is she brewing up in there?
Speaker 1: Speaking of that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, should I just say weigh us?
Speaker 1: You kind of did frick Because her ex boyfriend Mohammad, the one who initially reported her to the authorities regarding her plan, was found dead in his apartment under suspicious circumstances in November of twenty twenty one. What his cause of death is still unknown, as his autopsy report has apparently yet to be released.
Speaker 2: Because this is not that that's like a year ago yep, not even yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, So as far as any report that I've seen, say this is not necessarily tied to Dahlia whatsoever? Well, yeah, I mean, could it be your tied to her somehow? He did have a criminal record of his own, I do want to say that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: But perhaps as things play out in our next few years, we may get a better idea if Dahlia was actually manipulative enough to get revenge from behind bars.
Speaker 2: Well honestly, because he would. He was the one that kind of really screwed this up for her, right yep, if it wasn't for him. So, and she does seem like she would be one to do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like she hasn't tried before or wow, So that is a murder for hire with Dalia Dippolito. She is we oneof She's something.
Speaker 2: I know. I know, there's so many words you want to throw out, but it's like you gotta be careful, Like, wow, that is some nerve she.
Speaker 1: Deserves a fucking rot for much longer than those twenty years. In my opinion, I do hope she comes out and is reformed. I do want to say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's the small possibility, but I would not hold my breath.
Speaker 1: I do think when we see her come out, she is going to come out and continue to play victim uh huh, And we're going to see memoirs released and all that sort of stuff, and she is going to eventually make money off her side of the story, well playing and.
Speaker 2: Who is she going to prey on next too? That's true, be afraid people.
Speaker 1: But she has already done like interview reports with I can't remember the news sources, but it was like big noise, new source like ABC or something like that.
Speaker 2: Or is probably already writing her damn book, probably really, And that's a book that I kind of want to just like buy a copy and burn, but that I don't want to buy a copy because I'm supporting here, I know, so maybe I'll just I don't know, pee on a copy in a library. Or there's no way that she can be that she can make money and like off this, there's just no way.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you think, so, what was that one case from Japan? Remember the one that I found absolutely atrocious?
Speaker 2: No, the celebrity cannibal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how the fuck?
Speaker 2: But at least like he had a story to share.
Speaker 1: Ish And as far as she's going to write, so does she, I guess especially, everyone has a story. It doesn't matter how good or bad or evil or whatever. Everyone has a story. Yeah, and it all depends on how much she twists it. She has twenty two years to twist this story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Devil's advocate. What if that's legit or this is no way.
Speaker 1: The thing that makes me say it's not legit is if you listen to the private but recorded conversation from her from her prison cell to her husband Michael afterwards, when she's in jail, when she calls her husband, there's no talk of this being set up. You're letting me take the fall for There's no conversation of it whatsoever. He's just like explained this experience. She's like, it wasn't me, it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Well, and then honestly, that the audio clip that you've shared, like, there's just no way that someone in that situation who was just being told something like that by the first time would act like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've tried to play Devil's advocate myself, researching this case over and over and over again. I tried to think of any angle where it's possible that she is telling the truth, where that is the case, where she is the victim, where it's just you know, bad circumstances turned worse and she's taking the fall. I can't find or see or even manufacture a shred of evidence to support her story. Yes, I can't.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I mean, no, there's no way that it's true. But it's just I was just being a twit.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that really points towards it being that it's a falsified story. Michael Dippolito has not searched out any fame from this case since.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure he wants to just put this shit behind him.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what he wants.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you often have to say I also have to say, like he oh yeah, he's like his Okay, I just thought of this. His first wife is probably just like, yes, Karma's on my side, Like seriously, she's probably just like running for the hills and probably probably did you think of that. That's freaking goal.
Speaker 1: I didn't really think of that. Well, I the thought crossed my mind, but I never really thought about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I hope that she's a good person and that she's enjoying.
Speaker 1: This and far far away from all this drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of drama. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good work. Wow, So I'm glad to present a case where no individual was physically harmed. Yeah, in the recording of this podcast or the story involved years prior to so there's actually in the investigation. One of the police officers says to Dahlia in the room when they're trying to get her to confess, he's like, think of it this way. A tragedy was avoided today, and he's absolutely right, which absolutely thankful for Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's great because that and Michael should just be so thankful, Like hopefully he's so grateful for his life.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guys want to hear more stories of our podcast, you haven't yet. We've got almost one hundred episodes out. We're going to be releasing our hundredths here on Halloween week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's wild, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: And we got more to come over on Patreon. There's more over there. You can check us out over on Patreon. Links are around down below. We have Instagram, we have Facebook, we have a website, We got merch where we actually do our own art for our T shirt.
Speaker 2: And everyone we're wearing a T shirt right now. Actually look at us just playing this part.
Speaker 1: Right, We look good. We do some nice threads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cal, good job on this case.
Speaker 1: Thank you, whether you check out any of those things or you're just here for a good time with us next time, we appreciate that too, So thank you very much, and of course, until next time, say wicked.