Speaker 1: Willie through you by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice Hotels dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast exodence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 3: All right, Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome this Father's Day night. And we have stuff happening in my left, to my right. Everywhere I look, there's problems. There's a new wave of missiles from Iran that's going to strike somewhere in Israel over the next several minutes. Only takes about eleven minutes to get there, and they tend to intercept anywhere between eighty to eighty five maybe ninety percent of the missiles. So these are director toward shall we say, civilian targets. And that's the way the Iranians play that game. And we'll talk about that tonight. I have a guest coming up later, Professor Uri Kaufman. Professor Uri Kaufman is wonderful on these issues about Israel. What we should do, what we shouldn't do. Plus, I tried to get them on a week or two ago. It didn't happen. But later on we have Congressman Warren Davidson here, who's a US Army retired, a ranger, went to West Point. He was one of two Republicans to vote against the BBB, the Big Beautiful Bill, and he's going to lay out later on tonight why he voted against it, and also his views on Israel and so much more. Also, what's happening to the no Kings riots that took place in about one hundred American cities? Some of the description in Seattle and Portland. How about this one? See if this is a peaceful protest. A mob launched commercial grade fireworks, smoke grenades, and through rocks at federal law enforcement as they broke glass and forcibly entered the ice attention facility in Seattle. Also the same thing happened in Portland. This has sound like a peaceful protest, raised your aunt if that's peaceful, And of course the video is terrible. They broke open the front doors, the doors and shambles. Suddenly they were the Ice officials inside were under attack, able to resist, thrown back out that's called a peaceful protest by Democrats, just the opposite of what's intended. And it's amazing to me how we have major American cities once again in rebellion against the federal government, which has happened before in the nineteen fifties and sixties. You may recall that Eisenhower sent in the federal troops to Little Rock, Arkansas because a governor there, I think his name was overvill Fabas, is that correct, Democratic governor refused to open up the door of Little Rock High School to black kids, did not want them to be educated. And George Waller stood in the doorway many many years ago ahead on some of those girls who were kicked out of the Mississippi Georgia, and also Meredith had him on from Little Rock, Arkansas, and maybe the fiftieth anniversary of those things happening, and the Democrats set a time, No, you cannot come in, we don't want you to be educated. Federal law doesn't apply. It began with Eisenhower, continued all the way through Nixon, in which Democrats in the South said that we are in rebellion against the federal government. It happened a course in the Civil War. You might recall eighteen fifties and sixties, the Democrats in the South did not want federal law to apply to them, so they started a civil war, and that turned out. The Democrats acted up in the South, resulting in a great defeat. Thank god, the Confederacy went down, the country was joined and at the hip, and we went on. But if the Democrats had their way, they'd have a dominion. They'd have certain parts of the United States of America controlled by the Democrats in the South, and that gave them the ability after eighteen seventy six, after rutherfer B. Hayes was elected through the electoral College after about twenty five votes, because he agreed to take the federal troops out of the South. So the Democrats, who were in rebellion against the federal government under Abraham Lincoln some ten years after the war ended, guess what. They only would allow the country to continue in electoral college if the Feds took all the federal troops out of the South, so they could institute a brand new apartheid which was called the ku Klux Klan and lynching of black men and women, raping black girls, etc. That's what the Democrats did then started in eighteen fifties, eighteen sixties, eighteen seventies. Now there were lynchings up until about nineteen twenty. By what political party raise your hand if you know the answer, I see lots of hands going up. It was the Democratic Party who said that federal law doesn't apply here. Civil Rights Act was filibustered by the Democrats, finally passed because of the Republican votes, and certain other laws were applied. But even then the Democrats were in rebellion in the South, went on and on and on because they didn't believe brown versus board of education should apply. So the Democrats from eighteen fifty, eighteen sixty, eighteen seventy, eighteen eighty, eighteen ninety, nineteen ten, nineteen twenty held his great video of the Democrats wearing Ku Klux Plan outfits marching up and down Pennsylvania Avenue. They were all the Democrats. So then jump ahead one generation to the nineteen fifties and sixties. Democrats said, no, federal law doesn't apply. We're not going to let black kids to be educated, to keep them in their own black schools. So it took a while, but it took another ten to fifteen years. Finally the hearts and minds of the George Wallaces, the Ravil Fabases, and the Senator Stennis and Robert KKK burd in West Virginia was finally changed, and the Democrats finally laid down and said, okay, federal and here we are again twenty first century. The Democrats are now in rebellion again, like Brandon Johnson, like Karen Bass, like Gavin Newsom, They're in rebellion against the federal government, saying, you know, federal law, it doesn't apply here. Democrats and Republicans passed numerous statutes implementing federal civil rights statutes and also immigration, and Democrats and Republicans have laws.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden ignored the law. But guess what Barack Husain Obama did not. You may remember that Obama was known as the deporter in chief, but the Democratic Party stood down because the saintly one Barack Husein Obama deported about five point four million illegals in his eight years. He got that right, five point four million, which is about seven hundred thousand every year. At this point, Donald Trump has deported eighty five thousand. He's fighting tooth and nail to enforce federal law. Well Obama did, and did the media cover it. Did the Democrats in the city's rebel against the sainted one Barack Hussein?
Speaker 5: Obama? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: But now we got Donald Trump in the White House and he's saying, you know what, there's laws that say that immigration is conducted legally in one fashion, you can't walk across the southern border. And so now we have ICE agents, federal law enforcement, you have US marshals, you have the FBI, you have certain parts of the National Guard saying, you know what, once again the Democrats are in rebellion.
Speaker 5: Here we go in rebellion.
Speaker 3: We're not going to let federal law be enforced. And among the most absurd things I've seen or heard as are the comments of people like Mayor Karen Back and Gavin Newsom who says, look, everything was peaceful, nice and quiet, not much going on. Life was good, and all of a sudden, the National Guard showed up and lapd La County Sheriff, Ice, FBI by the way, and they were enforcing the law. They were upholding the law, and everything was peaceful until what until law enforcement showed up in big numbers. You can call law enforcement by a bunch of different names. How about ICE, how about FBI? How about their secret service? How about US Marshall Service atf LA County, City of Los Angeles, LAPD, CHIPS, California Highway Patrol. They're all law enforcement, and everything was so peaceful. Everything there was none of the crap going on that we saw on TV. We did not see, by the way, chunks of concrete thrown at law enforcement. We didn't see commercial grade fireworks fired at law enforcement. We didn't see smoke grenades through with them, and none of that we saw. But everybody was real peaceful until law enforcement showed up. And then what happened? Then they got violent all of a sudden. I'm gonna be violent. I don't know about you. But when I drive up and down I seventy one or I seventy five, or I five or I ninety five, and I'm going fifty miles an hour, which is maybe if I'm going fifty five on Interstate Highway, let's say that's the speed limit. But as soon as I see law enforcement, I floor it. I go one hundred miles an hour. That cop has angered me so much I'm gonna break the law and make him pull me over.
Speaker 5: Does any of this make sense to you?
Speaker 3: How's a peaceful quote protest turn into a riot because law enforcement is present? The presence of law enforcement should calm down things even more correctly?
Speaker 5: Right am? I? Right about this?
Speaker 3: Danny Gleeson, my producer, tells me that when he sees a cop, when he sees law enforcement, the last thing he wants to do is physically assault and beat them.
Speaker 5: He don't want to do that, he says.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's not There's a person behind that badge, a man or a woman who has a home, as a husband, as a wife, has kids, grandkids, sworn to pull the law.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hurt that person.
Speaker 3: But Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom, who give up any chance he had to be the president, is trying to sell the idea that things were peaceful until law enforcement showed up, and once they showed up, that incentivized the so called peaceful protesters to become rioters, and then you have to have a curfew and all that kind of stuff. What difference does it make if the commander of the National Guard is Trump or Newsom, the National Guard is present, The last thing I'm going to do is act up and commit crimes against those men and women.
Speaker 5: Are you going to do that?
Speaker 3: Raise your hand if you think you're peaceful until you see a copper law enforce horsemen, then you get violent.
Speaker 5: Who thinks like this, Well, the same.
Speaker 3: Party that gave us the Civil War, the same party that gave us lynchings in the Ku Klux Klan, the same party who barred black kids from entering.
Speaker 5: Public schools in the South.
Speaker 3: It's the same party now that's in rebellion against the federal government. And who's the threat to democracy? From the media, it's always Republicans and Donald Trump. How about this notion. We just had a rather contentious national election, would you agree? And Trump's not been in office five months yet. From the time he took office until now, he's been on withering assault by the Democrats and by the mainstream media, who have said to you and me that voted for this guy. I voted for him three times. I'd vote for him four times if I could. That we're wrong in our selection, that it is a threat to democracy when people vote.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense to you.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing that Trump was elected did by he got seventy seven seventy eight million votes, and Kamala Harris sadly got seventy four million votes. So my simple Deer Park High school man tells me that's about one hundred and fifty two million people voted. Is that democracy when people vote, when you look at all the facts, all the circumstances, the candidates, their record, what they propose, what they've done in the past, what they might do in the future. And we had a big national election, didn't we, And that was the we are the face of democracy, and we voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump to be in the White House. Gave them all seven battleground states electoral votes. I don't know about three hundred and twenty. But see, we're wrong because Democrats say, the Democratic Party of slavery and the ku Klux Klan and lynchings and race discrimination is now rebellion with the idea that federal law does not apply in one hundred American cities.
Speaker 5: Don't.
Speaker 3: In fact, if you bring up the fact that Donald Trump was free elected, that is a threat to democracy. Does that make sense to you? Does how is that a threat to democracy? We freely vote for someone that we want. Now is Donald Trump perfect absolutely not. I'd vote for him four times five, both because I like his policies on the southern border. I like his policies with the military, and he's trying to incentivize the economy through modest tax cuts to cause more. In fact, right now, the last month in May again, we're have about a two percent inflation yearly rate.
Speaker 5: We're right there.
Speaker 3: And I'm told I have a guest coming on later on this, Warren Davidson, that he voted against the Big Beautiful Bill, but he thinks possibly the next time he'll vote for it when certain changes are made. The fact is, No Kings was a facade. It was a farce.
Speaker 5: No Kings.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is trying to get his blueprint through. Disbelieve in Congress, the House, and the Senate. He's got to work with the House Johnson, he's got to work in this Senate with Fune. He has certain executive orders and I don't know one hundred federal judges have ruled against him, and those cases are all on appeal. And he's always said, if the US Supreme Court rules a certain way, I'm gonna follow what they tell me to do. What king does that, What King gives power to the House, to the Senate, and to the federal judiciary. So you have to make up a lie because the truth doesn't work. Let's continue. We have thousands on hold already, and somehow someone's got to say. Looking to my left and right now, Israel is being hit with another barrage. And it's approximately five nineteen am time as SUNRISEUS is happening. And once again it said I'm gonna deal with Israel too a little bit, especially lastly with Professor Yuri Kaufman. But step back and look at this. The president has been in office for less than five months and he's doing exactly what he promised to do. Promise is made and promises kept. It is a threat to democracy when we vote freely for a guy the media and the Democrats don't like, and they loathe Donald John Trump with a passion far exceeding even Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan or either bushes that they hate this guy because he is successful. And all I know is at the Democratic Party as we speak, including mayor, the so called mayor of Chicago, who said right now that he will not enforce federal statutes. That's, of course, Brandon Johnson, who makes Lori Lightfoot look successful. He says that sanctuary policies will continue and that he will not assist federal law enforcement whatsoever and doing their job. And he's hoard uphold the Constitution, which enacts federal statutes. But nonetheless, once again, Brandon Johnson and Kim Bass are in rebellion against the federal government refusing to enforce federal law.
Speaker 5: Let's continue, thousands.
Speaker 3: On hold, millions are listening, and we've got to talk about Ronnie and war right now. I lit a candle at Mass yesterday for the success of Israel and what they're doing, and their success today will be our success tomorrow in the Middle East. Let's continue with more twenty three minutes after the hour, Pray for Israel. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night. You know, I also would note this, Scott Jennings of CNN is somehow stuck in Israel and see a galilee yours truly was there about two and a half years ago, and thank god, it was there two and a half years ago. And now they've shut down all the airspace over Israel. You can't get in, can't get out. There was a congressional junket planned for and about four four or five days to leave Wednesday or Thursday. I doubt that's happening at all, But Scott Jennings had quite a few lucid moments on CNN. May run for the governorship and or the Senate seat from Kentucky currently held by the comatose Mitch McConnell. And I think it'd be great. He makes more sense than most may he makes the only sense on CNN. But let's continue. But I kind of laugh at this because if you don't laugh, you're gonna cry that the Democratic Party and almost every major city, from Governor Pritzer in Illinois and Mayor Johnson Bass and then of course Gavin Newsom and he was Sharon Kentucky, they're into rebellion against the federal government. Now, you would think that's the way it would be covered by the mainstream media, but it's not, because most of the mainstream media is also in rebellion against the federal government because of who we selected to be the president. Our selection is a threat to democracy. I thought voting was good for democracy.
Speaker 5: No it isn't.
Speaker 3: It's a threat to democracy when seventy seven million Americans voted for Donald Trump, who's implementing the policy he said he would do. That's a threat to democracy. That's no kings. You got to be kidding me, And how stupid you have to be to believe that peaceful protesters, whatever the hell that is, showed up not have denied blocking highways, blocking interstate highways, blocking thoroughfares in Los Angeles, which is a failed city state at this point, And they were just peaceful as could be until law enforcements showed up. Then they started attacking, spitting at them, hurting them. Dozens have been injured. Who believes this? Maybe Hillary Clinton believes it. I don't believe it. Law enforcement does not trigger me to commit crimes against them, But I guess CNNMSNBC they actually believe that everyone was peaceful.
Speaker 5: Until law enforcement showed up. Then they went.
Speaker 3: Then they started spitting, hitting, kicking between the legs, throwing rocks, breaking up sidewalks, all with the idea of hurting law enforcement. They were triggered by law enforcement. They injure men and women wearing the uniform. Do you believe this crap? Let's continue eight six six six four seven seven three three seven Bill Cunningham with you. They won't stop, so they must be stopped. I'm courting the greatest of all time, the Goat, the talk radio Rush Limball. They will not stop, so they must be stopped. And those in charge of doing the stopping don't want to stop because it fits some political purpose of chaos. See, they won chaos in confusion to rain, and they want this to be a failed presidency, and they want open borders now. But I've played for you previously the remarks of Bill Clinton, and of course Missus Hillary Clinton, and Chuck Schumer and Barack Hussain, Obama, Nancy Pelosi, they all wrote as recently as twenty oh eight or twenty oh nine demanded the borders be shut down.
Speaker 5: In fact, one quote from Nancy Pelosi in twenty oh five, broken borders are an oxymoron something as Americans, we cannot tolerate.
Speaker 3: This is Nancy Pelosi. Borders is a definition of a nation and our protection as a country. Broken borders that doesn't exist. We can't tolerate them. We welcome legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants. I'm reading these quotes of Nancy Pelosi. Now Donald Trump is doing what Nancy Pelosi Chuck Schumer, Bill and Hillary Clinton and Obama wanted to do. And they're angry at George. They're angry at Trump for enforcing the policies that should have been enforced all along that Barack Hussein Obama didn't force. May I say again that Obama deported five point four million illegals out of the country and there was no Ice attacks. There was no FBI that was spit on, There was no US marshals punched in the face, there was no blocks of cement thrown at them. It simply happened quietly every day of every week of every month. Obama said, federal law applies, and we're going to enforce the federal law. That's how he was the deporter in chief. So what changed, Well, what changed is that Democrats started losing a lot of national elections by the middle class switching to the Republican Party, which means they had a substitute the middle class, working class voter with brand new voters who they thought would be his spanning. But it turned out the more his Spanding's voted for Trump than voted for Harris in the last election. So how come it's happening is because it is chaos and confusion. The Democrats have no clue what they're doing, and as a consequence, we have these continuing riots. They're not peaceful protests. It is not peaceful to shoot commercial grade our works at law enforcement. It's not peaceful to have cement blocks thrown at police office. It is not peaceful to take motorbikes and release them into the crowd of National guardsmen with the word California on their chest. None of that makes any sense. And it will not stop until it is stopped. And I see it. It's going to be another long, hot summer. There'll be other events taking place. And I do have empathy as a father for maybe a twelve year old who was brought here illegally, unbeknownst to him by a mom or a dad, and all of a sudden, the mam and dead are gone and the kid is left adrift. Who put that child in that circumstance. It wasn't Donald Trump. It was the mother and father who came here illegally, knowing the consequences of being caught. I'd rather begin with the criminals, and I'd rather have some procedure legally down the road to allow individuals to come into this country. We have them currently under visa protection programs for needed jobs. But we have to know who's here and who's not here. To let ten point five million under Joe Biden come into the country and simply released by Catholic Social Services and others all over the country makes no sense. And why do we have medicaid for illegal immigrants? Can you tell me medicaid? One point three million illegals are on medicaid and that could be a load number. So let's go to the calls. I have to spend some time on Israel. Looking to my left that there's explosions happening right now in Tel Aviv. My friend Scott Jennings is stuck in the Sea of Galilee, which is about one hundred miles north of Tel Aviv by the way, I've been there, and explosions near oil refineries in Haifa. So that's happening right now. It's about five thirty seven am and the sun is just rising. This thing's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. And Israel and the West must win this war. Who's assisting Israel? How about Saudi Arabia, how about the Air of Emirates, how about Turkey. How about Syria assisting Israel and attacking Iran to destroy them, which is a death cult.
Speaker 5: Make no mistake.
Speaker 3: If they're able to get weapons of mass destruction like a nuclear weapon, they'll use it first against Israel then against us. How do I know that, because that's what they said, They're going to do death to Israel. They're the little Satan, We're the big Satan. There's a death cult in charge of the Iranian government, not the Iranian people, the Iranian government. And I hope Benjamin Nettin now who's call for the Iranian people to arise is going to happen. We'll see what occurs. But Israel must win this war. How many bunker busting bombs do you need? Is it five or ten? You got them? Be two delivery systems, you got them, and they've got to win the war, and not with troops on the ground, but rather letting Israel do the work of a civilized society, a Western democracy. Let's go to the calls and uh line never becomes available. Eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. Let's go first to Steven uh North Carolina. Steven North Carolina, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show, Steve, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm all right. I hope you're doing good. Billy Cadenham, the Great America and my friend and.
Speaker 3: Fred a good time today, spent time, all the men in our family, played golf, had a cookout afterwards. Father's Day special to me because I had allowsy Dad. I've tried to be a good one to my son and he's a good father and I'm very happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well ask me.
Speaker 6: But anyway, I think, you know, I'm sixty seven years old. I think Donald Trump is by far the best president in my lifetime. But I gotta say he dropped the bomb on he dropped the ball.
Speaker 8: Excuse me.
Speaker 6: He gave a ram sixty days straighten up, and they did, and Israel took over. I think we should be as much involved as Israel is. I mean, you know, Trump gives you sixty days and then he don't do nothing. I mean that really.
Speaker 7: Bothers me, Steve.
Speaker 5: How many American soldiers?
Speaker 3: How many Americans as Islamic terrorism killed over the years, and right now we have a lot of the Islamic world with us, with America and with Israel. Now for the street, whether you're in Saudi Arabia cut or you're not an air membirate in Sirah, you can't be telling the streets in those countries what you're doing. But they're allowing their airspace to be used for targeting other purposes. And so I think it was generous to say there was no way your Ron would ever give up their nuclear weapons. They see Mewmar Kadeffi and Asad as a reason they're not going to do it.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 4: No, as long as there is.
Speaker 6: No death to America, death to Israel, as long as there is any of them living, it's going to be that way. The only thing you can do, and I hate to say it, is you got to totally wipe them out. Hamas and all of them, they got to go.
Speaker 3: And you know see from their perspective, that's not a bad idea, because from their perspective, you know, Hamas has been. Hamas has told many that the reason we put our our bases and our tunnels, under hospitals, under schools is because we want more jihad for the young folks and those that are injured in Gaza. We want the IDF to kill them to get to us. Normally, normal people don't want to kill them. But Hamas and has Blot they're a death cult. Boca Haram the hoodies a death cult. They not want to live, they want to die. They got this seventy two versions waiting, and I tell Trump to arrange a meeting.
Speaker 6: Exactly. That's exactly what I want Trump to do. I want Trump to step up and let's get involved. Let's let's take these people out and be done with them.
Speaker 3: Well, all right now, I thing Israel needs the bunker Buster bombs only delivery system availables at B two. Each one weighs about twenty five thousand pounds. You're gonna have two on each one and right now to my left. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. It's almost like a nuclear explosion. As far as the power, it's amazing. And these centrifuges and these enrichment plants are as much as a mile underground. And if those things can reach them, I would arrange.
Speaker 7: The meeting exactly.
Speaker 5: Happy fathers say to you, thank you you too, God bless you. Let's continue.
Speaker 3: Let's go to David and Pittsburgh now the home of Aaron Rodgers, who's married. He's out of some hut in New Mexico and I love New Mexico, and David and Pittsburgh give me a full report.
Speaker 9: I'd be Filo's day Bill.
Speaker 5: How you doing, buddy, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think life's pretty good compared to other parts. And you know, I thought when this thing began on front All, he'll be breaking loose. Here we are Sunday night and Israel's taking one hell of a hit and they're going to respond. Now, I take out the oil refineries, I would take out their water systems, I turn off the electricity in Iran, and I bombed the crap out of them. And hopefully the civilian casualties in Iran are less than they should be. But you know, I guess the President Trumps told Benjamin that you naw who do not take out the Ayatola? And I don't know if that's good or bad, but I saw as long as that guy's in charge, nothing's good. Good's going to happen in the world.
Speaker 9: Right, Well, maybe the people and I ran tonne up and maybe go back, because I saw on Fox News they had the Prince of Iran that was I think that if they called the term that they used, but the Prince was on there with Marita barn and Romo the other day. But Bill breaking news on Fox. I don't mean to steal their thunder, but they captured that guy that did the shooting in Minnesota.
Speaker 8: It's breaking right now.
Speaker 9: I just got on my and Bill. Yeah, I hope they put that SB to death because what he did was wrong.
Speaker 5: His name is Advance Belter and he was.
Speaker 7: Bullet Bottler, Bolteller or something like that.
Speaker 3: Something like that, and he was apprehended. And I have no idea how somebody can get so sick. It is address in a police officer's uniform. Have a police car shows up at three o'clock in the morning with the blue lights flash, and that poor woman thought, okay, what's going on here? Open up the door, Open up the door, and she's brutally shot. Her husband's killed it and this guy that's why we need the death penalty for people like.
Speaker 9: This exactly, Bill. And you know, I'm hearing some things. I can't confron it, but I heard that he worked for Governor Waltz, and you know that he also had some of that No, I guess his wife said that no King's paraphernalia, some political handouts or something.
Speaker 8: He's obviously a piece of crap.
Speaker 3: Well, I Walt's uppointed him to a state commission. Whether it's ice number one. He's homicidal and he and he's psychiatrically ill to do what he did to innocent people. I don't care what political party. Is wrong and the guy that shut down the Trump wrong. It's just wrong. This is we should not have political assassinations in this country. We have far too many, uh, including how about uh, how about what happened to Steven Scalise practicing in a baseball game, hunted down by someone from Illinois because he wanted to kill the Republican leadership of the House. Or how about the Kavanall. A guy went there, I think from Iowa to kill just uh Justice Cavanall. So you got the you got the House, the Senate, you have the presidency in the US Supreme Court, and uh it won't stop. I pray to god it does. But uh, I don't care what political party you are. Murder is murder and this guy should get the death penalty.
Speaker 9: That's right, State build Just one more word, I want to give it. Thank out to my Senator Fedterman, who actually just lives across the river.
Speaker 8: From me here. He actually supported.
Speaker 9: The army rally today, yesterday and the weekend, and God bless him, and I hope he's doing well from the stroke. But another thing he said that his you know, speaking of politics, he broke away from his own party in the border. So God bless my two senators and Dave McCormick.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this, Shapiro, the governor, Jewish governor of Pennsylvania had his home firebombed. You have a Jewish couple outside of the Jewish embassy in the nation's capital gunned down.
Speaker 5: You have a Jewish.
Speaker 3: Set on fire, set on fire in Colorado, And I'm thinking we're in a violent time right now.
Speaker 5: Violence he gets violence.
Speaker 3: And if an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth means everybody has no eyes and no.
Speaker 5: Teeth, I'm I'm just sat.
Speaker 3: Fetterman is being highly criticized by the Democrats for supporting the army parade yesterday. John, I'm reading a story here, came under attack by fellow Democrats for praising the used army celebration.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 9: And God bless soldiers billing on marines, droves, the marine and a soldier. But he listen, and God bless you, and God bless all the great fathers and especially Bill a creator of the Lord God, our Father. Yeah, way in heaven.
Speaker 5: God bless America. Thank you very much for your call. And Uh.
Speaker 3: Suspect in Minnesota lawmaker shooting caught, according to Fox News, and I'm sure that's the case. I'm shocked it took two days to find him because when he shot the one lawmaker, he left his vehicle there and ran into the woods, and so they were after him from the get go. But thank god he's been apprehended. And that's why we need the death penalty. I doubt it might happen in this case because it could become a federal case. The Feds we will execute someone. Most states do not, including Minnesota. But we'll see what happens. MSNBC said that the military parade was dark with malevolent energy and John that is so sick. Nothing could be more clear. If you had a split screen of the US Army tens of thousands with the President in review marching up and down Pennsylvania Avenue with Lori in the American flag. The other screen was rock throwing degenerates in Los Angeles committing attacks felonies on law enforcement. And that was the split screen. One represents one party, the other one represents another. Let's continue with more. Your calls are next and if a line becomes available eight six six six four seven seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night. As I speak of Barroge and Iranian missiles and striking Israel and Haipha has been hit allegedly, we'll see what happens over the next couple hours. Also, as I just noted that Vance Luther belt b Like in boy Oe l Teer, fifty seven years old, was just arrested for the killing of Minnesota House speaker Melissa Hartman and her husband Mark. I answered the door about three o'clock in the morning. They assumed it was a police officer in uniform. The door's open and all hell breaks loose. And that's the reason we should have a quick death penalty. I'm sure we'll come up with some excuse, whether it's psychiatric or political, whatever, it might be done by any difference. We don't live in some I hope some Banana republic where any party is calling for the assassination of someone of a different viewpoint. If you'll hold those viewpoints, something is wrong with you. Get help, you need psychiatric assistance. And also wounded in that salt was a state senator and his wife. It appears miraculously they're going to survive. But nonetheless, Israel's under attack in the seventh wave from Iran with their ballistic missiles.
Speaker 5: Not so many.
Speaker 3: The drones are so slow it takes about eleven hours to get there as opposed to eleven minutes. So many of the explosions happening right now as I speak in Tel Aviv and Haifa are caused by ballistic missiles. Allegedly, they had approximately seven hundred ballistic missiles, and if eighty or ninety percent are shot down, I mean ten to fifteen percent get through. That's about one thousand ballistic missiles hitting Israel, which is a country very small but very important. And I would hope this will cause the President to review this situation and to allow those bunker buster bombs to be used against those in a mile deep and granite mountaintops, et cetera, where the Israel the Iranians have dispersed so much, but will continue to follow this news that vance Luthor Belter has been apprehended. Seemingly he's alive, and he was found a few miles away from the site of the murder of Minnesota House Speaker Democrat Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark, who gave their lives in a sense for the greater good, for the politics that they practice. But may God have mercy on his soul, because I hope the criminal justice system does not. Let's continue with the more of your calls, and we have one line open eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven calls from Idaho, Colorado, in Michigan and California and Florida. Bill cunning and the Great American with you every Sunday night.
Speaker 10: Willie brough you by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 7: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast episodes, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 5: Not only Cunningham.
Speaker 3: Of course, the media is a flutter right now with the apprehension of this this murderer and Thank god he's been apprehended. He supposedly was well armed when he was picked up. But nonetheless, uh, it'll be a long time now and he'll spend the next five to ten years in the legal process. But fifty seven year old Vance Luther Bolter is now out of circulation for a long period of time for killing Minnesota House Speaker Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark, and also shooting two others. Political violence is certainly not unknown to this country. At every time it happens. I pray that each political side do not in a way take advantage of this to make it group guilt for individual misconduct. It appears he was appointed by Governor Waltsh's some government position. It also approved a period ahead in his car. A lot of these no king's literature. But whatever his political ideology was, it provides no excuse for killing two innocent people in cold blood in the middle of the night. And so we move on from there, and we have one line available at eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven, let's go to Mark in Wisconsin. And many others also would note that my sources near Haifa tell me that there's several dozen missiles raining down on Israel as I speak. Sirens are blaring all over the country. At some point, maybe next Sunday night, I'll have on David Rubin Live from Jerusalem to see what's happening there. But I would anticipate this thing's going to go on for a long period of time until Iran is brought to heal and understand that they cannot sponsor terrorism all over the world. And when they tell you something for the last thirty six years, we're going to kill you, I would take them at their word. They want to kill us, and any effort to the contrary would be most welcome in the world. But until then, Mark and Wisconsin. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Mark, how are you? Mark?
Speaker 4: I'm fine.
Speaker 7: How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 5: Great night to be an American.
Speaker 4: Please go ahead, Okay, I just want to I'm kind of going back to the Little La scenario there, Yes, sir, After that brilliant comment by newscaster Mark Brown saying the peaceful protesters for just having fun watching cars burned down, Well, it seems to me like we make so light of all this stuff that, uh, we're almost making this into what I would call a spectator event. And in a much more severe scenario, I mean, we we've become so careless, so even like Hamas torturing Jews. Uh, you know, Gaza, you know, if we're that sensitize and it's nothing more again a spectator event. And I'll make one more point in this whole thing. Back in the day when Nero was fiddling my Rome burned down, I wonder what the the Roman press was coming up with in order to justify, you know, what was going on back then, you know, because you know, this is the insanity of this whole thing. I mean, you got a media out there.
Speaker 5: To cheerlead, you know, cheerlead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, they do.
Speaker 5: They take sides. Look at this way.
Speaker 3: There's thousands of anarchists, thousands of Antifa types that run around most major American cities, especially LA which, by the way, is one hundred and twenty five thousand gang members in Los Angeles. Imagine with a few thousand anarchists, a few thousand Antifa types. Throw on top of that one hundred and twenty five thousand gang bangers. It is a failed city state that high taxes, terrible schools, no respect for law and order, in fact, they're down fifteen to twenty percent of cops. They should have put that mix together with a clown like Karen Bass. Throw on top of that Kevin Newsom. You have a recipe for the destruction of American cities. Our magnificent cities have been destroyed by the policies of liberal left wing Democrats. And when rioting begins, instead of stopping and immediately, what they want to do is sell the idea that everything was peaceful, that the Molotov cocktails were peaceful until law enforcement showed up. Then it became violent. How does a cop cause you to want to be violent? Well, when the cop is not present, you're peaceful. That's a bunch of bs.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: And you know another thing I think's coming down the pike is Andrew Cuomo. If that guy ends up getting the mayor's position, Yeah, well, if he hooks up with a local, oh, you're going to have the exact same scenario of a bad mayor and a bad governor. And Lord only knows what's going to you know, open up over there. I mean Cuomo should have been indicted for setting up elderly senior homes for being death camps, and even though he kind of got indicted for the sexual harassment. Well he never got, you know, convicted for that whole COVID nineteen what I call senior death camp homes.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what he did, Mark was required nursing homes licensed by the state of New York to accept patients elderly with underlying conditions. The nursing homes to keep their licenses, had to accept them. Inside the nursing homes that caused the death of hundreds or thousands of elderly residents or otherwise might have lived, including one or two of the mothers of Fox News personalities. And Janis Deane's mother was killed because she was in a nursing home. Here comes five or six elderly residents with COVID and the nursing homes had to take them or else they'd lose their licensing from the state. Now was he ever held to account for that one?
Speaker 4: That's my point. I think that was the equivalent of what I would call, uh call it in a Nazi death camp. I mean, uh for the elderly euthanasia, you know, I mean, how this guy ever got off the hook on it, and now he's going to be eligible for mayor.
Speaker 5: Supposedly he's gonna win. Allegedly he's gonna wine. You can't make this up, I know.
Speaker 4: So now, like I said, you know, it's bad enough. You have bass mayor in l A. And he got Newsom in l A. So hokle got grilled by Congress and she's just flipping. She could care less no idea, I know. And then if you team her up with this uh uh you know the mayor the mayor again, I mean you got the same scenario.
Speaker 5: Going on, and Mark lloydt this way.
Speaker 3: How about Illinois under Governor Pritzker and throw on top of that Brandon Johnson in Chicago. You take Chicago, New York, major American cities and complete collapse. What rightful loving parent would ever send their kid to the public schools in New York Chicago, ell if they had a choice. Crime is rampant. There's three legs on the stool of justice. One is the police, two are prosecutors, and three are the judges. And in all those three areas, the cops can't be cops because they're sued. They take away qualified immunity. And each of those three departments have ten to twenty percent less cops than they should have. And all those city states are failing. We had magnificent, opulent cities. I spent time in Los Angeles about twenty years ago. There could not have been a more beautiful city in the world in Los Angeles. And after Pete Wilson moved on, the whole city collapse. The New York City after Giuliani and Bloomberg did exactly the same thing. And I can't recall Chicago. Maybe under Richard J. Daily it made some sense, it was somewhat functional. But almost all of our major American cities are in complete collapse. People are leaving, the school stink, there's rampant crime. There's all terribly high cost roles and regulations that make it impossible to flourish. And that's the way it is. Let's continue with more. We'll go with ed in Delaware, the Home of the Bidens. Ed in Delaware, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 11: Ed.
Speaker 5: How are you, Bill? How are you?
Speaker 8: It's good to hear from you.
Speaker 5: I'd rather be rather be seen than you. Thank you. Do you ever run into the bidens there in Delaware?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: I doubt I perfectly stay at it from running into them.
Speaker 5: Anyway, what do you anyway?
Speaker 8: Anyway, I got Israel, you know, I support them one hundred percent. This is something that should have been done twenty years ago when.
Speaker 11: Old Obama paid them off thirty four woad are three hundred and forty.
Speaker 8: Four million bucks.
Speaker 3: Palletts of cash. We're flown into tayrun palettes of cash.
Speaker 11: Yeah, cash flown into Tyron. And yet they still built their nuclear facilities that terrorist groups.
Speaker 3: Stay on that one for a moment. Think of the billions of dollars that Obama and Biden directly or indirectly gave to the Iranians. They did not use it to build schools. They didn't use it to build brand new hospitals or infrastructure. They did not create jobs in in Iran. They didn't nurture the culture. Uh, they didn't advance public education, they didn't give women rights human rights. They used it to give billions of dollars to Hesbala Hamas, the you who did? And why why doesn't media point out that Biden and Obama funded what we see happening right now and uh, and they also funded the attack by Hamas on October the seventh against Israel, because that's where the money came from through Iran, and that those two Democrats made it all possible.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I got one question, ask it now that Iran's gonna be bombed.
Speaker 8: Back to the Stone Age, what about North Korea?
Speaker 5: Well, I'd leave them alone for a time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: North Korea is a terrible, terrible place, but they do not they do not export terror to anywhere near the extent that Iran has done for the last thirty seven years. Different category completely. Of course, there's you know, the Korean War. Thank god we had a halfway victory there. But North Korea is another problem. But let's face it, it's not even close to what Iran has done to American soldiers, killing them repeatedly. And then also a quarter of a million acts of terrorism has taken place the last forty years, beginning with the killing of the Jews at the Olympics, and Iran has been the site of most of the funding of all these terror groups. North Korea is supported now by China and by Russia. They're in better shape now they've been in a long time because Russia is supporting North Korea with missile technology and also also North Korea is giving the Iranians a lot of drone technology and artillery show, no question.
Speaker 11: I believe they also gave them the nuclear know how on how to build missiles and how who are enriched uranium.
Speaker 3: No question, and that that's an issue, but one at a time. But Israel is willing to do our work for us. What Masad pulled off is unbelievable. Three days ago when how about this, Israel had a military base inside of Iran unbeknownst to them, and they set up a pow wow in Iran of the top military leadership, making them think the I totally wanted to meet with them, but in reality, it was Israel setting them up to come together in one place. Then they killed them all. I mean, Israel having a military base inside Iran, that's unbelieving Masad. And also they have also had exploding beds, exploding pagers, exploding walkie talkies, exploding cell phones.
Speaker 5: Masad is doing.
Speaker 3: The Lord's work because right now the world is not safe with the Islamic Jihad in full force in Iran. And also look at it this way, assuming this thing ends with negotiations and the same ones stay in charge of Iran that are in charge now, they're going to double triple their efforts to get a nuclear weapon, either directly or indirectly through North Korea and then kill six million Jews and as many Americans as is possible. Right now, as I speak, there's about one hundred thousand Americans living in Israel as I speak, including Scott Jennings of CNN is visiting. He's up by the Sea of Galilee, where I spent time about two and a half years ago. And now's the time. All the stars have aligned, and Israel must be permitted to finish the job, because if they don't and Iran is allowed to exist as a presently does, it may take a year or two to get another nuclear weapon. We're back again, and it must be brought down because most of the Middle East supports Israel and supports America. All let's continue with more, and allegedly there's going to be a news conference after eleven thirty pm Eastern time on the arrest of the Minnesota lawmaker murderer. He's been apprehended about a few miles away from the scene in the military garb and he was well armed and unfortunately he surrendered, So we'll see what occurs. Let's continue with more, and if a line becomes available eight six six six four seven, seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every Sunday night. Well, now, Vance Belter is under arrest. I see the photo IFCNN up and also Fox News and accused of shooting four Minnesota state lawmakers, killing one in her husband and he captured about an hour ago. Belter is accused of killing Minnesota House Speaker Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark early Saturday morning. He also then drove to the home of a state senator and this is incredible that they survived. And according to Senator Kobachar, she released the information that the state senator was shot nine times and his wife was shot eight times and the two of them survived, which is incredible. He took nine bullet hits, the wife took eight. Both are doing incredibly well, lucky to be alive. And those are two counts of attempt at first degree murder. The other ones will be capital murder. And he's been apprehended. It's going to be a news conference later on schedule for about fifteen or twenty minutes from now. We'll see what happens. Plus his fast news breaking events occur and looking at my left. CNN has a live update that the power grid in central Israel has been affected. Also there was ballistic missiles launched toward Haifa, which is the center of the power grid, and also oil and natural gas production in Israel. I can only wait now for the Israeli response, and I would assume that the handcuffs are off completely and that this is total, complete, all out war where the existence of Israel is at risk because of the activities of their enemy Iran. Iran started it through their proxies, started in nineteen seventy nine at metastasized October the seventh, and the Israel has now been attacked six times. And at some point this has got to end. If America, if Canada and Mexico, we're launching thousands of ballistic missiles into our country, killing thousands of our citizens injuring tens of thousands, what would America do the Canada and New Mexico. I can only imagine. That is what Israel has been under since nineteen seventy nine, with the understanding and belief that the enemies all around them want every Jew to be killed, plus any American, and over the years, Egypt is not acting up as much as he used to. I think at the present time, Jordan with King Hussein is somewhat flaccid and placid, and eleven into the North is under control, so to speak. Hesbla has seen the light, and then Syria has fallen completely under the Assad family. In fact, the president has met with the leader of Siri about a month ago when he visited Saudi Arabia. He's got an ally there. And Iraq has been completely neutered, controlled completely by Iran because only the head of the snake is left, and that's Iran frequently attacking Israel directly and indirectly, promising death to Israel, debt to the Jews, and debt to America when they keep saying that why don't you pay attention?
Speaker 5: They want you dead.
Speaker 3: And if they get weapons of mass destruction to win nuclear weapons, they will use them against Israel immediately, because it is a death cult in charge of Tehran, not a functional government. I have great empathy for the people of Iran and their incapability of overthrowing the shackles put on them, beginning with Mumar, beginning with a nineteen seventy nine with the Ietola and the reason that there's not much movement going on is because the present leaders of Iran understand that the lessons taught by Mumar Kadaffi may be visited upon them if give up weapons of mass destruction. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available, continue to take calls to eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven, your reaction to the rioting taking place in major American cities, your reaction to Vince Belter being arrested about a half an hour ago, and your reaction to what is happening with Israel as I speak eight six six six four seven seven three three seven. And it's a good night. Good night for law enforcement in Minnesota, Bill cunning and the Great American with you and all great Americans every Sunday night. You know, as I speak, there's a new barrage of Irani and strikes hitting Israel. Now. It's approximately six point thirty four am in the morning, and I'm watching some of the video out of Haifa and Tel Aviv. It's not good casually, it is a mounting on both sides. Israel needs to act now to save the world from what Iran would do if they received nuclear weapons. It must act. I would note also that earlier today Vladimir Putin called Donald Trump and they exchanged niceties about Donald Trump's birthday, which is of course on Flag Day June the fourteenth, actually yesterday. I think they spoke today. And never before in Israel's history have they been in better shape to bring Pax Americana to the Middle East than they do right now at this moment, and they need to act. I could not imagine a regime like Adolf Hitler's in Nazi Germany would be left behind as the soldiers stayed on the outskirts and wanted to make sure Hitler stayed in charge of Nazi Germany to come back later. I don't know how. I watched Brett Bears interview earlier today with Benjamin NETANYAHUO talked about, well, we set back Iranian production of nuclear weapons maybe a.
Speaker 5: Year or two more.
Speaker 3: How about destroying the capability of that nation to produce nuclear weapons period? To win the war, there's no substitute for victory. You have to win the war. I know the casualties are mounting. It's difficult. I love what Israel represents in the Middle East, and they have most of the Middle East on their side, which has not always been the case. In fact, it's always not been the case. So right now Iran is targeting the infrastructure of Israel oil and natural gas production. Also they have nuclear capabilities inside Israel, and looking at the video out of Tel Aviv right now, it's not good. There'll be many more casualties and many fathers and mothers will wake up with dead boys and girls because of what Iran is doing to a peace loving nation which is Israel.
Speaker 5: Israel.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if Israel lost all of its military power, what would Israel look like right now? They'd be devastating, They'd be taken over and so lost all of its military power, there would be peace. Which brings me to Father's Day, which is tonight today. And as you know, I spent my time today with the male members of my family. Played golf, which was great. Then we had dinner together. It was wonderful. And every Father's Day is more precious to me when there's fewer Father's Days in the future that there's been in the past. You know, life is more precious when there's less time to waste. I could not imagine a father willingly leaving a family for alcoholic or other purposes. He brought into the world. When I was in high school, I thought a somewhat functional family. I loved my mother's dearly as his son could ever love a mother. I heard the yelling and the screaming and the fighting, but as a child, you think, well, that's kind of normal. My best friend in the world was my dad, William D. Cunningham Senior. I'm willing William D. Cunningham Junior had three boys and a girl. He worked at Procter and Gamble, worked at Kroger. He was my baseball coach. We did everything together. I was closer to him than the other children because I looked like him. I carried his name even though I was the second in line. I just was very close to my dad. And after the fighting continued, at some point my mother sat us down in a little, our little home in Deer Park, Ohio, and told us that your father has left. And he told me he's not coming back. And I said, well, Mom, where did dad go?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He took the car and he left, and he said, and she said, we're in trouble financially because I don't have a job. I have an eighth grade education. We have bills out the wazoo. I don't know about bills as a thirteen year old, and I said, what are we going to do? And she said, I don't know. Well, over the next few months, we moved in with family members. My mother and all four kids moved in with family members. I never saw my father again the rest of my life. I got on with my life, got into sports, and she told each of us, look, we have no money. We're going to live with family members, your auntie, who was a living saint, and I got to get to work, and each of you have to find a way to try to support yourself in the family because we don't have any money. He left four young children, He left his job. He'd been arrested several times for drunken, disorderly and DUIs, which I knew little or nothing about. And I never saw him again the rest of my life. Many years rolled by, years rolled by. At this point, I'm practicing law in Lucas County, Toledo. Phone rings pick it up. First voice, I hear, is Billy, this is your father. Stop me on a dime, I said, who my father? And I asked him some questions who was your assistant coach for Rutters Pharmacy? And what was my mother's maiden name? And he came out with I said, well, what the hell do you want? He said, look, I'm dying. Doctor said I have a few months to live. I want to see you and talk with you before before before I die. And I said, let me call you back. I got his number, wrote it down on a piece of paper and those days, of course, cell phones did not exist. Then I called my mom quickly, I said, Mom, what's going on? But Dad, I gave him your number. He said he wants to see you. I said why, Well, he told me he's dying. He's in Missouri and he's dying. Mom was in Cincinnati, I'm in Toledo. My older brother was in Michigan. I said, what do you think? She said, Billy, do whatever you want. And at that point, I didn't have the gas money. I was married with a little baby. I don't have the gas money to go to Missouri. I was, and I was practicing law, working my tail off.
Speaker 5: I said.
Speaker 3: I called him back and said, look, Dad, you were not a father to me in my life. I'm not going to be a son to you. And your death. Good luck to you, goodbye, hung up on him. A few more weeks went by, he calls me again. There was no caller idea at the time, you might remember, and it was a weak voice, and he said, doctor tells me I have less than a week to live. If I could drive there to you, I would, but but I can't. Please come see me. I want to talk with you. And I said, Dad, good luck to you. But no, I'm not going to see you. I think, I said, go to hell. So I got reports from my mother. He died about ten days later and didn't go to the funeral. Of course, a year's roll BI put it out of my mind.
Speaker 5: I move on.
Speaker 3: I tried to be the to my son that my father was never to us. I can't imagine leaving a young mother with four kids and no way to make a living and stacks of bills and have to move in with family members to make ends meet. Years roll by, and I opened up over the years a sports cafe sports bar called Willie's, and I had four of them in the Tri State area.
Speaker 5: Loved it.
Speaker 3: I practiced law during the day, was radio at night, and in the meantime I opened up businesses and years roll by. In this I'm standing in one of my sports bars and a guy taps me on the shoulder and says, can I talk to you for a moment. He's an old guy. Gosh, she had to be in his eighties, maybe nineties. I said, sure, have a seat, and he took my hand and I'm looking at him and he said, I was your dad's best friend. And I said, my dad's best friend, really, And he said he he was a drunk and he got drunk all the time. He did things he shouldn't have done with women. And I bailed him out of Hamlet County jail a couple of times and had DUIs. And I said, I knew he had a terrible drinking problem. But he said he talked to me about when you wouldn't come see him.
Speaker 5: I said, right. I hated that guy.
Speaker 3: No what he put my mom through, when he put the family through, I said, no, I'm done.
Speaker 5: No, he said, but let me tell you something. Here's a letter.
Speaker 3: That he sent to me that I've kept all these years. And I said, a letter from my dad. He said yeah, and I put it to the side and I said, well, what's in the letter? He said, he wanted you to know something. I said, well, I said, don't try to justify what he did. He said, I can't justify it. He said, you know he was a US Marine. I said, yeah, I know. My mom told me. He was in the Solomon Guadalcanal Station and Chinas, spent three and a half years when he was twenty one years old, came out twenty four, and he came out a completely broken man. He did things he shouldn't have done the enemy soldiers, and he saw things that no young men should ever see. But he's blown up. Guadalcanal was bloody, took weeks. One of his missions there was to pick up the parts of dead US Marines put them in bags, and he did that. It wasn't like a six month deployment. It was like three years. I said, oh jeez, he said. When he came back it used to be shell shocked. Now it's PTSD. But that war killed him, ate him up inside. And the more he drank his medicine, the more he hated the person he was becoming, and the more he knew he had to leave in a sense because it was Warren's out for him. He lost all of his jobs, had no money, felt like a total failure. He got in his car and as far as you could drive, got out, went to like a homeless type shelter, and then got a menial job. And he wanted to tell you before he died how much he loved you, and I was sorry he was for what he did to you and to your family. And I said really, I said, oh, I felt as if I could have snuck under a door. I felt so small that you know my feelings about police, about law enforcement, about our military.
Speaker 5: My father reaches out to me.
Speaker 3: And he wanted me to hear why he did what he did, not to justify it, but to give an explanation that I never heard during the living years. So I kept the letter. It was in his hand writing, I had some other samples.
Speaker 5: It was him, and it was.
Speaker 3: Telling me how sorry he was for the sins and crimes he committed that kept him for being a good dad.
Speaker 5: So I want you to do something tonight.
Speaker 3: If you're estranged from your dad, tonight, make another call. If he reaches for you, grab his hand and say, Dad, I want to hear why you did what you did, and if he offers sincere apologies for sins, and crimes of Jesus. If the Christ could forgive the Roman centurions who nailed me to the cross, forgive him all the different I've made many mistakes in my life. I had too much ubrius, too much pride, too full. If you'ine in vinegar to accept an apology from the United States Marine who participated in the defeat of Japan during World War Two, to say that, Okay, I get it, Dad, I.
Speaker 5: Accept your apology.
Speaker 3: So before I go to sleep tonight, I'm gonna say the our Father, the hel Mary and the Glory b and I'm gonna forgive my dad again and again and again.
Speaker 5: For what he did.
Speaker 3: And I will say how sorry I am that I didn't come to you when when he needed me because I was filled with pride.
Speaker 5: I will tell him again tonight.
Speaker 3: I love your dad, and I wish I'd made different decisions when I was younger to come and sit with you. So that old man left, he left the letter, and I felt small and insignificant. So let me be an example of what not to do. Don't do what I did. Do the opposite tonight or tomorrow for the sons and daughters who are strange from their dad. Let's face that men have more problems in these regards than women do. Women are much better human beings than men. Make an effort during the living years to say to your dad, if you're sincerely sorry for what you have done, I accept your apology. Let's begin a new relationship, whatever that might be.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: In my case there could have been a relationship. You weren't going to come back here. Hell, there was warrens out for his arrest. He wanted to stay in Missouri and live out his life. But at least I could have listened to him and the first time he called me, we could have met halfway, maybe in Illinois or somewhere in western Indiana.
Speaker 5: But I didn't do it. So don't do what I did. Do something different.
Speaker 7: Between a week. It was a huge.
Speaker 3: Well, let's continue. Bill Cunningham seven, Bill Cunningham News Radio every sun and I was here. Hopefully justice will be down in Minnesota. I wouldn't know that Minnesota does not have a functional death penalty, but the Feds do, and hopefully he'll be tried in both locations. Much like what happened in the New York City when assassin hunted down the CEO of a healthcare company. The Feds may proceed first because of their death penalty availability. Of course, New York doesn't have a death penalty. It is sodas functional now it doesn't have that, and we'll see what happens down the road. Timothy McVeigh was given the I always say, the federal death penalty, and he's dead, thank God for what he did in Oklahoma City in the Alpha p murror Federal building. And I know that Pam Bondi and others want to crack down as much as is possible for vance a belter. And with a federal penalty, you can perhaps make bond in the state of Minnesota to get out, but you can't make bond on a federal death penalty case. You're denied bond. So we'll see what happens. But we may disagree politically, but I hope we can agree that the shooting of innocent lawmakers, whether on a baseball field in Washington, d c. Or at one's home, or the kind of activities that everyone must stand up and oppose greatly, none of us are responsible except the perpetrator for the crimes they commit. There's no such a thing as group guilt. Assuming this guy was a Republican, which is doubtful. He was psychiatrically ill, and he's a murderer. All of us are not responsible for him anymore than the Democratic Party is responsible for the shooting of Representative Steven Scalise, saved a course by brad winstrip of the Great State of Ohio. Let's continue with more coming up later will be the congressman one of two voted against the big beautiful bill in the House, and one of them was Warren Davidson. The other one was Tom Massey, both listeners of mine, I like to think friends of mine been on this show repeatedly. He's going to explain himself and also later on as Professor Erk Kaufman Uri Kaufman from New York City to talk about what's happening in Israel as I speak with a new barrage of Iranian missiles hitting Israel, as the deadly encounter enters his fourth day. So let's continue with more and if a line becomes available eight six six four seven seven three three seven, and the news conference is still ongoing, and the capture of the Minnesota lawmaker shooting suspect Vans Luthor Belton, Bill Cunningham with you and all great Americans every Sunday.
Speaker 7: Night, Willie.
Speaker 2: Brock You by Choice Hotels econor Rogen Roadway in hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice hotels dot com. Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 5: Bill Cunningham, the great American.
Speaker 3: All hell's breaking, loose, chaos and confusion is everywhere. Had riots over the week, and of course with this so called no Kings riots and the protests, what happen and the and the state of Oregon is really unbelievable. Uh Portland, for example, what happened in La Uh? You had the La County Sheriff say that molotov cocktail are thrown. Dozens of officers have been injured, blocks of concrete have been pitched. You have a commercial grade fireworks being distributed among the police to hurt and injure them. You have no commerce happening in Los Angeles. I would think, I don't know how you have a worse mare than Karen Bass or a worst governor. But everywhere I look there's nothing but chaos plus. And the next few days the President is going to be in the Rocky Mountains, Canadian side to talk to some of the G seven leaders about that. It's a situation plus unbelievable what's happening in Israel, And it goes on and on on. It's only been like two or three days since that erupted, and since then, all of a sudden, the world has changed. Shownan you and I now is Congressman Warren Davidson of the Great State of Ohio. And there's two congressmen that voted against the Big Beautiful Bill in the House. Both are guests and I think listeners of mine, that being a Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson and Congressmen, welcome again to the bill. Cunningham shown first of all, to go back a couple of weeks. It was a one vote plus. What caused you to vote no on the Big Beautiful Bill about ten days or two weeks ago?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good question. It spends more money than it creates bigger deficits than we would have if we didn't pass the Big Beautiful Bill. And it doesn't you know, look, you don't want to go by the GAO score. I mean, there's been a lot of criticism of that that comes out and says it costs like five trillion dollars over ten years. GAO doesn't give credit for you know, the growth rate, doesn't give credit for tariffs. Penn Wharton, which Wharton School of Business usually is one that people will look at that says, oh, we give good scores there and everything, and that says it still grows the deaths. It's even in ten years. But the most optimistic model I could find gives as much credit. It's the one that Speaker Johnson and President Trump and Steven Miller and everybody's highlighting. It does look good, it looks very very nice. In a ten year timeframe, would grow would save about one point six trillion dollars if everything went according to plan. But even in those most optimistic scenarios, it doesn't. It grows deaths. That's in the first you know, in the first this Congress and then the entire presidency, so until twenty twenty nine before it really starts saving money.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is how much pressure were you under thumbscrews? Were you tortured. Whenever someone says, get me the pliers and get me the blow torch, did the Trumpster and others give you the pliers and the blow torch?
Speaker 7: Now, look, we've had conversations about these bills since you know, November, really, I mean probably really prior to that, but you know, you know, in an aggressive way. I mean hundreds and hundreds of hours spent in meetings talking about these bills to get to this point. So no one's surprised by the position I've had, Frank, It's position I had, you know, last Congress when when I voted yes for a bill that if if we stuck to the plan, would have spent less money than we did the year before. And that's the criteria. We don't. We don't even talk about passing a balance budget anymore. I'm just like, can we at least turn in the right direction and spend less money than we did the year before, which is a pretty low bar, But we don't. We don't ever put that on the floor. We did pass a plan to do that last Congress, and I sort of had hoped that we could at least agree to do that, especially in light of all the momentum we've built with Doge. So that's been my position is if we've got a plan to spend less than I'm for it, and if we don't, then you know, then you know, we'll see what we can do. And so go back to March, I was, you know, into February, early March, we passed essentially the plan to start putting this reconciliation bill together, and we basically decided we're going to go with one big beautiful bill versus the two step approach. I favored the two step approach for what it's worth, but you know, ultimately the kind of moderates push to stick everybody together and put one big beautiful bill, and the danger in that is usually it's worse on spending. That's how why they do omnibus bills is, you know, the usually the way you get the votes is you just agree to spend more, and that's exactly what they did. They so they turned towards the left and they counted on holding everybody they could from the right onto the big beautiful bill. And that's where you've lost votes. I mean, you know, me, Massey, Andy Harris vote at present. But it's because people didn't really want to take it. And that's kind of where I was in at the end of February and March, where I was the last person to get DS and the speaker assured me that he would not put a bill on the floor that didn't save at least one point six trillion dollars. One point five trillion dollars in a ten year CBO score technically doesn't do it with CBO, but you can find a model that does it. But we talked about this Congress, and that's really the crux of it, Willie, is, you know, the only Congress we control is the one we're in, right, So it's easy to promise some future Congress is going to save money, but promises somebody else is going to save money doesn't save money. And so while there's lots of things that we could do, I've given almost two trillion dollars worth of ideas that you could cut that would accelerate the you know, this model, so that this Congress or at least this presidency. And that's where I relented. I said, Okay, let's say that Trump would be willing to veto a bad spending bill. We don't necessarily know who's going to win in the midterms, but I would be willing to vote for it as long as it would save money by the time President Trump's out of office in twenty twenty nine. And you know, even the best model that they can come up with it doesn't do that, and so we wanted to So this is is a long part of the story here. But again, hours and hours and hours of these conversations. So ultimately we're able to get it out of the House, but still have you know, no votes from the conservative side of this, the less spend less money side. Well, so that tease it up to get to the Senate, right, and that's where Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, and Mike Lee are pushing it. And look, Thomas Massey and Ran Paul are kind of in their own place. Whether they're movable or not is to be determined, but the other three senators are there. Rick Scott's been hosting dinners with conservatives from the House and Senate for a couple of years now, so we spent lots of hours talking amongst conservas in the House and Senate and frankly with the administration and Susie Wiles and team there she's chief staff on how to keep this bill from becoming just another giant on the bus.
Speaker 3: No matter what you know, the numbers, assuming the big beautiful bell passes, is it true right now that death the accumulated debt is about thirty seven trillion, and over the next ten years, let's forget about ten years. Over the next five years, under the plan of the Big BB, there's going to be ten trillion.
Speaker 5: Dollars more borrowing.
Speaker 3: By the time Trump leaves office, there will be forty seven trillion owed by our kids and grand cause.
Speaker 5: Is that approximately correct?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean directionally, we're having you know, two trillion dollar depth sits right now. And unfortunately, under this bill during Trump Trump's presidency, in the most optimistic scenario, it still grows those depths that's beyond the two trillion, so it makes them even worse for the next two or three years. That's that's you know, that's a terrible situation for the depth sit And when you go to the ten year score, when they say in the optimistic if you stick to the plan, we save one point six trillion dollars. This bill would raise a debt debt limit by five four to five trillion, depends on the House version or the Senate version, whichever one becomes final four or five trillion dollars. So I mean this starts eating up our GDP. I mean it's a huge percentage of our GDP. And the last time that we had this much debt it was the end of World War Two. But everybody knew we had to spend less money. Right now almost nobody's talking about spending less money. And that's sort of where Elon Musk, you know, it is like, look, kind of works in the opposite direction. Why did I want to go do Doe was so we could spend less money And this bill does just the opposite of that. It's a big setback, and you know he's right to be upset about that, and you know, of course we do want to find a way to get it done.
Speaker 3: Congressman Warren Davidson. And one great part about this bill is the continuation of tax cuts and the idea that if nothing happens, this will destroy the Trump legacy. And secondly, there'll be a huge tax increase on the American people.
Speaker 7: What do you say about that one? Well, I think look, no one wants that. We know we're going to have to deal with the taxes. I don't whether it's in this big, beautiful bill in a broken apart series of things. I mean, there's enough votes to change the tax code. I mean the reality is that, you know, the Senate passed the no tax on Tips provision that President Trump wont and as a standalone measure kind of approved the point one hundred to zero. If you look at some of these provisions in the tax code, you know there are Democrats who would vote for it. We could pass them with sixty votes. You don't even need very many Democrats to do that. You could do those in standalone bills. And then the last thing is it's not like you only get like one giant reconciliation bill per year. The Democrats did the same plan when they passed the American Rescue Plan and when they passed the you know, inflation Reduction Actor. He's sort of green new deal, and they're blending what's traditionally mandatory spending and discretionary spending, but in their case, they just want to spend more money. Bernie Sanders liked it so much when he was the Democrat chair of the Senate Budget Committee. He said, is there any limit to how we can do this? And the Senate Parliamentarium said no, you can do this as often as you want. So it's not like you can only do it like once per year you're limited to it. So those why it's kind of crazy to not do two bills and still one because you have a clear consensus on a lot of things. Why did they want one big, beautiful bill. Well, because the moderates from places like New York and New Jersey and California wanted this state and local tax deduction and they knew that was their leverage to force it to be as big as possible. And it's a shame that we gave into that.
Speaker 3: Well, at this point, Congressman, I would say this, the tax cuts have got to be continued, and secondly, somehow the accumulated debt has got to come down. If it doesn't happen now, I've said this many times in talk radio for the last several decades. If it doesn't happen now with guys like you and Ran Paul and John Thune and President Trump and what's going on. If it doesn't happen now, it's not going to happen because if this group can't get it done, the deficit is just going to continue yearly to go up two trillion, three trillion. And secondly, the accumulated debt's going to be wild. So if it doesn't happen, now we're screwed, blue tattooed and barbecued.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's it. You look at all the momentum we had coming off of Doze and and the election, and look, you shouldn't have to fund the Green New Deal. And you know, tax breaks for you know, wealthy people in New York to be able to secure our borders. So there are things in there that we like and agree. And if you cut taxes, it makes sense. You can grow the economy to some extent and bring in a little more tax revenue. You can bring tariffs in and bring in you know, significant revenue from tariffs. But you can't do that and spend money and cut taxes and not have to raise the dead limit. And eventually, if all this stuff comes together, the reason it starts looking good in the out years is they eventually get around to turning off major chunks of the Green New Deal. They eventually get around to saying, look, if you're able bodied working as an adult, you got to go to work. But who would help a friend in need out and say, well, hey, buddy, I mean, I'll help you out for now, but by the end of twenty twenty seven, you got to get a job. Why does it mean to do the same thing when the government does the same thing that you and I would do for our friends and family.
Speaker 3: That illegal immigrants should be getting medicaid something like one point three million or so, plus another four point six million or able bodied adults that refuse to work. We have only a few minutes remaining. I want to get your take on what's happening in Israel. I understand from off the air the Congress is planning on a little bit of a trip next week to Israel that may not occur. I see this as a golden opportunity in which the Gulf States want Iran to be taken down completely. We use four or five Muslim countries Israel did to fly over their F fifteen's and to bomb and take care of Iran the most they can give me. Warren Davidson's position on what's happening now. This may go on for the next week or ten days, God knows how long. What should be done, what could be done, what must be done with this side is an evil in the modern world, that being Iran.
Speaker 7: Look, Iran has clearly been the destabilizing force in the Middle East, and they've funded proxy wars that have targeted you know, Israel. I mean, how did Homask get the money and do the effort to do the ten to seven massacre in Israel. Well, it's heavily Irun And this is why it was so foolish. What the Biden administration and frankly previously the Obama administration did was to you know, negotiate with Iran, give them cash. And Iran with cash is about as predictable as gravity. They're going to use it to attack Israel. So look, they've had essentially a proxy war going on between Iran and Israel, and an occasional flare up into a direct conflict between the two countries. And I got friends in Israel, I mean, just pull it. On a personal level. I've got friends in Israel. I wish them safety and success. I got no friends in Iran. I mean, I think there are lots of good Iranian people. They've got an evil government, sure, and they do evil things. So you know, I hope Israel prevails, but I do think it's not our war to fight or our war to fund. And I think Israel has historically said we're fine fighting our own wars. The trouble is is now everybody you know, the warmongers out there, say they look for every chance they can to get to get into a bigger, broader war. And if some of my colleagues in the House and a handful of senators I've talked to are darne near giddy about the prospect of getting us into a bigger war, whether it's with a Ran, with Russia in Ukraine or somewhere else, and they haven't found one.
Speaker 3: They don't like no at this point, and I would give them all the bunker buster bombs. They need to do everything they can do. Tell the Iranian people. And I thought Nettie, who was great the other day the other night, when he said, look, it's time for the Iranian people to arise. Siria was going to be there forever Lebanon was going to be there forever hesbel and Amas.
Speaker 5: Let's face it, the policies.
Speaker 3: Of Joe Biden funded terror all over the world, especially by giving the Iranians billions of dollars, and Obama had palettes of cash. They used that cash not to uplift their own people. They used it to kill Jews, kill Americans wherever they might be located, and funding hesbel hamas Boca Aram, they funded the Hoodies. They did everything they can. And now we have the go ahead to assist Israel by Muslim states who wants the whole thing to be over And that's the way it ought to be. Well, Congressman, we got to go. I know, in the next few weeks before July fourth, you're gonna have your the blow torch and the pliers are gonna come out. You're gonna have to make a big decision and it'll be based upon what that bill looks like. But Warren Davidson, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 5: And Warren, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you two. And another great highlight was Army's birthday. What a great event.
Speaker 5: How about that? How about that? How about you were you were a ranger, you went to West Point.
Speaker 3: The juxtaposition of Donald Trump and the soldiers with the American flag marching down Pennsylvania Avenue, and compare that to what happened in Portland. What happened in Chicago, what happened in Austin, what happened in La what happened to San Francisco was unbelievable. The split screen only MSNBC did not like the American Parade on the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Armies founding, of which you were a proud member. But once again, Warren Davidson, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, thank you. I mean Sarah Huckabee. Sanators had it right, you know, normal and crazy, and it was definitely on display during that pree. Normal people were happy about it.
Speaker 5: God bless you. I'm normal and sir are you? But thank you for your service. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, let's continue with more and if the line becomes available, you know the routine Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night by Billy Cunningham, the Great American. I love having on military types like Representative Warren Davidson of the Great State of Ohio because he was in the Rangers. He went to West Point and he was one of two Republicans who voted no on the big beautiful bill that's going to come back up again and the next what month or so, they want to get it passed by fourth of July, only two or three weeks away, and then but they really have it until September thirtieth to get it done. So good to get his perspective on this from Representative Davidson. We'll see where it goes, if anywhere. Secondly coming up next is Professor Yuri Kaufman. He's a wonderful guy. I had them on about five or six months ago about Israel, because what's happening now as I speak, there's the sixth or seventh reign of missiles are coming down on God's representative of the Middle East, that would be, of course Israel. And their response is is going to be I hope devastating. I hope America does all in his power to assist Israel with the help of Saudi Arabia in Syria and Turkey and indirectly Iraq. Iran needs to be taken down, and this is a perfect historical time for it to occur, to make it unlivable to live in Iran, and maybe the Iranians themselves would arise and get rid of the theocracy, which is a death cult. Even Russian and German soldiers want to live during horrible times they wanted to live. But the death cult means you have to die in a particular way. Then you have seventy two versions in heaven waiting for you. And as far as that goes, I hope Israel and Donald Trump arranges the meeting. So we'll see what happens over now tonight, coming up next to an expert on Israel, why they exist, and what they do, et cetera. If the line becomes available. Eight sixty six six four seven, seven three three seven Bill cunning In the Great American With you and all of the Great Americans every Sunday.
Speaker 5: By Bill cunning In, the Great American. Of course. Israel.
Speaker 3: Now, the attacks on Iran is continuing, are continuing, and this is a something that began in nineteen forty eight. And for those who think this is a brand new event, no it's not. Israel's been attacked multiple times by multiple factions over multiple generations and years, and this is an ongoing effort to take down the Iranian regime and make it look like some of the other more peaceful Muslim regimes in the Middle East. And we'll see what happens down the road. But this is an ongoing attack that's going to take several days. Jonan, You and I Alis Professor Yuri Kaufman. A new book is American Intafada, Israel, the Gaza War and the new anti Semitism that would be in America. And Professor Kaufman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, when all this started a day or two ago, give me your reaction to what occurred and whether or not you see ultimative victory or not for Israel.
Speaker 12: Well, we're seeing here is historic. There's no other word for it. I mean, that word gets tossed around a lot, but this time it really is historic. That's the only way to describe this. It's been twenty five years in the making. In fact, Prime Minister Nitenio just said that when Ron Dermer, who was one of his I can't even say his right hand man, first joined him twenty five years ago and he asked, what's our biggest threat?
Speaker 7: Didt Yo said? If they're on?
Speaker 12: And nt Yo wrote a book all the way back in nineteen eighty two, was only three years after the Iatola's seis power there, and he said, all the way back then, these guys are crazy and they're going to try to get a nuclear weapons. So this is many, many, many years in the making. Israel has been planning this attack, we know, for over twenty years, and it finally came to being, and very it's a familiar tale if you follow Israel. It's being compared to the opening attack of the nineteen sixty seven war. And what happened then was you had this three week period it was known to Israelis as the ham Tanah, meaning the waiting period, three weeks of just nerve shattering waiting when the Arab armies all masked at the border. The Israelis tried everything everything to find a diplomatic way out, and when it became clear that there just wasn't one, they struck. And that's what happened this time, only the ham Tanah. The waiting was not three weeks. It was literally twenty years. And every avenue was attempted to bring this to some sort of peaceful and sadly, the Iotots just wouldn't listen to sense. President Trump told them sixty days ago on April a twelfth, you got sixty more days. Is will struck on the sixty first day. It's pretty clear that they saw it again. Prime Minister in Ntenio gave a press conference last night. He said, we saw they were finally reaching for the bomb itself. That no, it's not research, it's in Richmond. They're actually making a bomb and this is it. We just we couldn't wait any longer. So here we are, like, could just make one other point. The reason this is also so historic and it will be talked about for a long time is once again Israel is demonstrating the complete superiority of Western technology over anything that Iran or Russia or probably China might have. Everyone around the world is watching this with their jaw dropped. They were talking about a situation where, well, go back to sixty seven. They have this incredibly successful opening strike destroyed all the Arab air forces on the ground. What a lot of people don't know is in that attack Israel lost ten percent of all its planes. Now it didn't you know, they still won the war because the no longer had air forces, but they took terrible losses. They lost eight percent of the whole air force in this strike. Right now they are flying back and forth one thousand miles in each direction. They've wiped out Iran's air defense completely. They've wiped out much of their leadership, the head of the Revolutionary Guard. They've wiped out much of their nuclear assets, many of their military assets, whatever air force they had. They've flown all the way back to Israel. They've done it wave after wave after wave, and they haven't lost a single plane. They can literally fly in and out of Iran well the way you know, you or I fly from New York to Chicago. It is astonishing. I mean, it is unbelievable the technology, and you know Iran is going to respond with missiles somehow. But they've done this twice. They did it in April last year, twenty twenty four. They did it in October, same thing. Not one Israeli was killed. It's miraculous, achieved almost one hundred percent interception of all this ordinance Israel. Go back to the April attack. Iran we now know fired thirty cruise missiles, one hundred ballistic missiles, and.
Speaker 8: Hundreds and hundreds of drones.
Speaker 12: We don't even know how many. This is the biggest missile attack ever launched against any country in history. Israel shotdown pretty much all of that. They took one little girl who was unfortunately wounded, but that's it. Nobody was killed and there was no physical damage to the country. They think they blew a little hole in an air base somewhere. This is mind blowing. No one expected it to be the technology to work this well. If you're Russia, if you're China, you've got to be watching this and saying, wait a minute, you know, maybe we're not as strong as we thought we were. And that really shows why Israel is such a valuable ally and professor.
Speaker 3: Going back historically, the same thing happened in Bagdad when Sadim Mussin was in charge. Israel said not on my watch, and're not gonna have a nuclear weapon. They took down the nuclear facilities in Baghdad. Same thing in Syria. Syria under Asad wanted to have nuclear weapons as a trump card against Israel I guess against US. Took that down. But wasn't it a fool's Errand to believe that the Ayatola, which is a culture of death, not a culture of life, that they would willingly allow international inspections by Americans and others to guarantee they're not going to have weapons grade uranium to marry with a with a missile. But wasn't it kind of a fool's error to think that Iran would go the route of other nations. For example, they look at what happened into Libya when Moumarkkadaffi gave up his WMD within a year and a half, he was in a ditch somewhere fighting for his life.
Speaker 5: And when Baghdad fell.
Speaker 3: Look at the uh look at the killing by hanging of Sodom Hussein, and so the Iyotolus, et cetera are thinking, you know what, we have to have a nuclear weapon. If we don't have a nuclear weapon, we're going to face the same fate as Sanda Mussein.
Speaker 12: It's even worse than that. I mean, it's all those things that you've said are obviously true, but it's even worse than that.
Speaker 8: If I were to say to you.
Speaker 12: It literally goes down to the very culture itself. If I were to say to you, what is the purpose of government? You'd say, the purpose of government, it's to improve the lives of the citizenry. And then you might say, without a trick question, I mean, isn't that obvious? Well, it's obvious to us, but it's not so obvious to them. If you ask the Iyatolas what is the purpose of government, they would say, oh, simple, it's to spread radical Islam. It's to create a Shii talifate and kill anyone in our path. Ayatolaholmani once famously said the revolution was not about the price of watermelons. He also said economics is for donkeys, and what he meant by that was my job is not to make this country prosperous. My job is to spread radical Islam, no matter what it takes. And that is why you look at Iran. It is a nation with thirty percent unemployment, twenty percent inflation, They've got rolling blackouts, they can't keep the lights on. And here they are sending billions of dollars to the who these and billions to Hasbil, and billions to Kamas, billions on this crazy nuclear program. It is estimated that they lost a fifty billion dollar investment just on the proxies that were taken off the board by Israel. Now they're losing their nuclear ascids, and yet they keep sending all this money. Why do they keep doing it? Answer because the most important thing to them is spreading radical Islam. And so now a nation like that that gets a nuclear weapon, that is a very very dangerous world.
Speaker 3: In fact, Israel would be first, we'd be second, And so I cheer on the Israelis to do our bidding in a sense because having visited Israel about two and a half years ago, it was a wonderful Western style democracy. In fact, Uri Kaufman I saw gay pride flags and Tel Aviv and I'm thinking, well, I wonder how that would work, and many Muslim capitals it would not work. And so the idea that the Ayatola is now would step aside and say, you know what, Okay, we're going to give up all our nuclear weapons. Let's have a functioning westerners au democracy. Let's give our citizens a little bit of freedom. We're going to get rid of the death cult that calls for the killing, the murder of Westerners, Christians, Catholics, the Baptists, the Jews, whoever they might be located. That that was never going to happen. I can't conceive without occurring. And if you're an Iranian, Let's say you're a typical Iranian living somewhere somewhere in Tehran and you're watching this going on, can you get in the mind of the Iranian people and talk about whether or not they want to continue down this path.
Speaker 12: So pulling on Iran is a very very tricky piece of business, as it is in any totalitarian society. I mean, imagine you live in a country like that and some guy calls you on the phone and wants to know what you think of the regime. You know, you're probably not going to be all that open in your in your answers. Now, we do know Iran has a lot of minorities, first of all, so it's not, you know, a homogeneous country. You've got a lot of the Yazidi's, you've got a lot of Baha's, You've got a lot of other minorities. You don't believe in any of this nonsense. We also know that there is a cosmopolitan culture centered mostly in Carat. Now, having said that, there's also a culture. You go to the religious city, a place like komb or Isfahan, you've got a lot of very, very very radical people. The rumblings from the streets suggest there's a big opposition movement there. It perks its head up every couple of years. It came up in two thousand and nine. It bubbled up a few years ago as well. Each time the Iatols have been able to put it down. These things are very, very very hard to gauge from the outside. All I can say is revolutions are always the same. They look impossible before they happen, and they look inevitable after they happen. You know where we stand with Iran on this, We don't really know. But one thing I can say, we can't afford to sit back and hope the Iranian people solve this problem for us, because the odds are better than pretty good.
Speaker 2: That they won't.
Speaker 12: And a world again in which I tola Is have nuclear weapons is a very dangerous world. And again not just for Israel, but for the United States as well. They chance, You know, Israel is the little Satan, but we're the big Satan, and we know what they want to do with the big Satan. So this just shows how Israel is such a terrific ally, it's a force multiplier. They do a lot of the dirty work that we would otherwise have to do. As we said, they took out Sodom's reactor, they took out the Shar's reactor.
Speaker 8: They've done so many other.
Speaker 12: Things over the years. It really shows what an important ally israel is I.
Speaker 3: Would like to think a few weeks ago, when President Trump visited the more functional parts of Islamic republics in the Cutter in Saudi Arabia, et cetera, that he got a wink and a nod approval from MBS in Saudi Arabia, Mama Ben Salmon that what Israel and you were going to do? Just have at it describe the relationship between the more functional golf states and Iran.
Speaker 12: They're terrified. It's really as simple as that, because they know they are, of course Shuni Muslim. Iran is sie Muslim. The Iranians want nothing more than to conquer Mecca, to kill the Sunnis and turn it us into the capital of a Shiai caliphate as opposed to where it is now in sunny hands. The Saudis are delighted by this. They issued, you know, a very very bland statement condemning it, as did Cutter, as did a number of other countries. But it's obvious they're delighted that this happened because they know that they're being rescued just as readily as Israel is being rescued now. At the same time, they also know that it is possible that when Iran retaliates, and it will, they might retaliate against Saudi Arabia. Now why would they do that, Well, it's just the kind of way of saying, you know, if we're miserable, we're gonna make everybody miserable. We want the price of oil to be high. We want to hurt the West. So it really is just important that the United States stay involved and help defend the Saudi oil fields. We certainly have an interest there, and we have an interest in defending our allies in the region. And you know, Bahrain and Qatar definitely cutter is a very very strange situation.
Speaker 8: You know, they put a chip on.
Speaker 12: Every color on the board, so you know, they're kind of in our camp, but they're in the other camp as well. But we do have a very large air base there, So that's the country that we need to defend.
Speaker 3: Lastly, should Americans on the homeland be concerned. According to media accounts, there's thousands of Islamic terrorists led across the southern border by Joe Biden all over the country unvetted. Who are they were? Are that we have no idea. Ten to twelve million came in unvetted. Another ten million came in so called vetted. Should we be concerned about homegrown terrorism right here?
Speaker 12: Well, I don't think you're rod it's going to try to pick a fight with the US right now. So in that sense, I would say the answer is no. What I find more disturbing is just the fact that there seem to be a lot of people, and very often young people who just on their own, are inspired by these crazy radicalisms. And you know, we saw what happened that the murder of those two young Israeli diplomats. You see, not that long ago, there's been a lot of other I mean physical attacks on people. It is a little scary. I mean something like this, I would certainly be vigilant. Am I really alarmed by it?
Speaker 8: The answer is no, I am not. Well.
Speaker 3: Lastly, of course, Jews are set on fire. We have Jews being gunned down in our nation's capital. You have the democratic Jewish governor of Pennsylvania had his home firebomb. For God's sakes, and incredible stuff happening. I just I pray to God Israel is successful. Their success is to our betterment. Their failure would be awful. Can you imagine a world in which Israel's wiped off the face of the earth, and somehow Iran then spreads its tentacles. They are a culture of death who want to destroy not one of life. But once again, you're a Kaufman, professor. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And we'll see what happens down the road. But the book is American Intafada, Israel, the Gods of War and the New Anti Semitism. But once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, professor, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Very much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: God bless America. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 3: And there are useful idiots all over this country who act as if there's some union between American freedom on one hand and the Palestinian cause on the other, and that somehow the Gaza war is something that we should not be involved in because it doesn't involve us in a sense. It's a failure of our public education. And we have to understand the world as it is not the way the world we'd like it to be. How strong are the Israelis for the Israelis in Tel Aviv to organize, unbeknownst to the Iranian generals, a powwow of their joint chiefs of staff in one place and getting together in near Tehran, Iran thinking the eye Tota wanted to have a powwow with him, but the Israeli sit up the meeting. Then they had the Israeli send a missile and kill them all together at once. Is incredible. They now know they can't pick up a cell phone, they can't use a pager, they can't turn on the television sets, they don't want to use the air conditioners. In other words, they can't communicate and they can't meet. Now that's a problem when you're trying to conduct a war. Bill Cunningham, the Great American live with you every Sunday night. All right, Billy Cunningham, thanks for listening this Father's Day Sunday night. And as I said about an hour or so ago, if you're strange from your father, let this be the occasion to reach out, to reach back, to try one more time to connect during the living years, to see if there's some reproachment that could take place, because once he's dead it's not possible.
Speaker 5: It's not possible.
Speaker 3: I've forgiven my father for what he's did to me and my family, my brothers, and my sister and my beloved saintly mother in the arms of God Almighty as I speak. So take that opportunity to reach back and say to your dad, I accept your apology. Let's start a new relationship. Secondly, I also want to note that it was great at having on Congressman Warren Davidson, who was one of two Republican votes against the Big Beautiful bill put together. Donald Trump also would note that the murderer, Vance Luther Belter has been apprehended about an hour and a half ago in the murder of the Speaker of the House in Minnesota, Melissa Hortman, her husband Mark, and the shooting of two others. Also would note a lot of stuff going on tonight. That Israel's under a vicious attack again from Iran, who's committed to the death and destruction of Jews and Christians wherever they might be located.
Speaker 5: It is a death cult.
Speaker 3: That must be eliminated from the face of the earth, and I pray to God that the Donald Trump works with Benjamin Henchinahoo to make that happen. There will be no American soldiers walking into Iran. That's what happened with the disasters in Afghanistan and Iraq, but the freedom of the Middle East is at hand. The moment is incredible, and this is when Israel and America must oppress its case to bring about the complete destruction of a theatric rule in Iran, that is a death cult wanting to kill all but those who believe in their particular branch of Islam. Of course, the number one victims of the Iranian extremists are Muslims themselves. Over the last thirty seven years, hundreds of thousands have been killed by the death cult in Iran, and God bless Israel. Thanks for listening. Do it again soon every Sunday night. But once again, I want to acknowledge forgiveness of my father, and I pray that you have time tonight or tomorrow to do the same with your father if your relationship is estranged. Once again, thanks for listening. Bill Cunningham, the great American with you and all great Americans every Sunday night.