Speaker 1: The host on our brother station six thirty k hel Brother two to four. I just can't call it a sister station. There's literally no chicks on the station.
Speaker 2: There's one right here.
Speaker 1: Well you plus I'm the station in January. Big changes coming in. They're positive changes, or I would be like big changes are coming, but they're not. So I can say big changes are coming. Where are you moving to?
Speaker 3: Well, a little bit of real estate has been shifting around thanks to one of Michael Browne. Coming over here between nine am and noon is a prelude to your program, so something had to fill the va am to ten am?
Speaker 2: Was that you?
Speaker 3: That was me?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do what a Rod asked me to do.
Speaker 3: No, but it's weird. I was hearing like two different Mandy voices. I thought my brain, yep. But anyway, six am to ten am over there had been vacant for some time and it made sense to Jeffersons two years well to the morning drive, well, removing the furniture, and that's what's happening. And so you know, very appreciative of that opportunity to you know, try to pick up where Brownie left off.
Speaker 1: Well, you're there was a and here's the thing. Every single person that was in contention for that job is a friend of mine, every single one of them. And I told Dave Tepper, I was like, first of all, I'm out, like I have no opinion, but there was no way that we weren't going to win in that. But you made absolutely the most sense. You're a known quantity there. People love you on K They love you here too when you do your feeling work. But I'm super excited for you, even though I don't want that. I don't want that schedule.
Speaker 3: You used to have it, you know, following in the lineage of khow mornings would be Mandy Connell, ros Kamensky, Michael Brown would all three of them have in common?
Speaker 1: And now they're all on camp. That's the thing, right, living the dream buddy. Now let's let's we got to talk about this other thing before it went out of time.
Speaker 2: And there's another thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's another thing. We are going to be moderating a goobleatory of debate in January January tenth up in Greeley. Big thanks to both Sheriff Steve Reams and our buddy Steve Wells. Steve is underwriting this whole thing. It is designed to be a debate for the top six GOP gubernatorial candidates, and it will be a debate between the top five gubernatorial candidates. And I didn't ask Sheriff Steve Reams how much of the back and forth that I could share, because you and I were both privy to the series of text messages that were exchanged with the candidates, and every candidate except one immediately jumped in to confirm the one candidate.
Speaker 2: Victor Marx. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I might add too that Representative Scott Bottoms had just lost his father like two days before we passed away, and he committed to it. Barb Kirkmeyer, Greg Lopez, I'll offer this part of the exchange because I think it's relevant to discussion and for our listeners to know. Both Barb and Greg offered to move the date YEP immediately to accommodate Victor. Victor just has an event apparently scheduled January tenth, I believe Saturday coming up, so about a month from now, and kind of gave a blanket response that he's looking forward to debates, but not that one, and it was a conflict in his schedule. He's going to be appearing with me actually tomorrow morning, Victor Marx eight am over there on six point thirty k ow, it'll be the first question that I asked him is why not this debate? Why not?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Why wait? Why punt? Why can't the event you have on January tenth be moved? I mean, isn't that important? What's more important than an open debate for the voters to consider the candidate correct and for Victor to have opportunity to interact with these other candidates and prove himself to be the best candidate.
Speaker 1: When he came back with the I have a conflict, I get it, you got a conflict.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a.
Speaker 1: Big fundraiser, maybe whatever you gotta sco there's a lot of but when you know immediately the offer was made, we'll move this to accommodate you. And then it just got felt dodgy. I felt like his response was vague and hey, you guys have a good time. All promoted among my channels. It's almost literally what he said there at the event. I know that's why I chose those So basically, I'll let all of my people see you guys rip each other to shreds and then I'll prote that, but I won't. Actually, I got to tell you, I don't. I don't understand the fascination with this guy. I'm going to be perfectly honest. It's almost like he's trying to pull a Trump. Remember as the primary where Ronda Santis and Nikki Haley and all the other Republican candidates, it felt like a junior varsity debate.
Speaker 3: And you know, well Trump had been President of the United States, so exactly kind of get that. I don't know that Victor Marx is on that level. Especially there are so many listeners in my audience, Mandy, and maybe you've gotten the same response that they don't even know who this guy is or are aware of him. Now, he's done a lot, He's written a couple of books. Apparently he had some ties to Turning Point, USA and Charlie Kirk. There's a lot of interesting aspects to his story. I just think that he needs to he owes it to listeners and to potential voters to really get into the nitty gritty and the devil of the details of exactly you know, there are questions about some things about his past, or questions about his political acumen. Does he have policy stance iss that can be well articulated. I think this might be some of the concern that he gets up there on a debate with a very well versed Barb kirkclar Yeah, and I'm just telling you that that's the difference is going to be noticeable. So I'm looking forward to moderating to debate with the candidates that we have, Mandy.
Speaker 2: But to your point, I agree.
Speaker 3: I am disappointed that Victor Marx is not choosing to be part of it. Maybe he'll change his mind after he talks to me.
Speaker 1: To Mark, you know what, from your lips to God's ears. I hope so, because it also feels disrespectful right in a way of all of the other candidates that are running. Here you have a forum and by the way, to the texture, said Mandy, I live in Greeley. Can I come to the debate? You absolutely can. But tickets are going very very quickly. They're free, packed, they're free. But you better get him soon. I put a link on the blog today. If you want to know more about that, you have the thing.
Speaker 3: This is just my upbringing. My background is be a question I have for victors. I'm not going to say anything here that I won't say directly to him. It's like, what makes your time more valuable than Barb Kirkliers or Greg Lopez or Sheriff Mike SEL's. You know, they have events. I'm sure that may have been scheduled for that date as well. Sheriff Rames floats that out. And that's another thing. Chair Steve Reames is one of the most respected people in the Colorado Republican Party statewide, not just in Weld County. So it makes sense to me that once he extended this offer, five of those candidate dates go yes, I'm there.
Speaker 1: Immediately you guys, wait, Ryan and I were on the text, right, it was immediate, idiot.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing, is like, why is your time more valuable and you can't spare it? But you guys go play amongst yourselves in the sandbox. We'll see maybe I'll come down the line and participate in a debate at some point.
Speaker 2: That's a bad look. It's a bad look. I think it's a really bad luck.
Speaker 1: And it was. I just and I have been watching and I've been watching the videos that people are sharing on social media, and they're very well produced, you know, they're they're very well packaged. But until I see and hear from the guy myself, and it shouldn't be that I have to say, well, I got to get him on my radio show. I think every voter, and I say this all the time, I think voters should go see these people in person. Any opportunity you can, you should go see them in person. And I could be at a fundraiser, right because you will see, you will get a feel for someone in ten minutes in person that you cannot get from internet videos that are carefully packaged or you know, other commercials that you might see. So I feel like every opportunity for someone who is well known in Olpaso County but not well known in Well.
Speaker 2: County, right, not at all?
Speaker 3: Well And further along those lines, when we saw let's say Donald Trump in twenty sixteen, he was a known quantity, so that part's different, but the part that would be the same circumstances, he was a newcomer to politics, and people like myself for like, does this guy really have what it takes to get into the political arena and affect the change that he's talking about? What are his policy positions? Where did Donald Trump shine the most. Where did he separate himself the most from those other candidates, It was on the debate stage where he called Jeb Bush low energy.
Speaker 2: You're over there in the end of the stage. You're pulling numbers have fallen through. You're a real tough guy, Jeb.
Speaker 3: And that's how he kind of, like I said, separated himself from the field. And you would think of Victor Marx's campaign, we have to participate in a debate like that. That's how we kind of get our foot in the door and show these other establishment candidates who are you know, political political muckety MUCKs that we can come into this arena.
Speaker 1: That is that's exactly right. If you believe you're good enough to be governor, you should believe to win the debate.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: One final thing, I know we got to wrap up here, but props to a Rod. I'm not sure if he did this intentionally or was just a spin of the wheel, but he came into this segment with gimme shelter by the rolling stones.
Speaker 2: That's my ring tone on my phone, and.
Speaker 3: That's because my last name, Schuling translates from Dutch to shelter in English. And he nailed it with the song there.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was a lot of TMI, right, There a lot of stuff going on there about that. So do you know how the top six were chosen? That is a question I wanted to ask, and I forgot to ask Steven. I popped into my head.
Speaker 3: What he told me, I think was just going on whatever internal polling data was. You're comparing these among the candidates, and you think they're going to be let's say, massage.
Speaker 2: We're on the margins to make it look as good for each candidate as possible.
Speaker 3: But I think with the numbers and the comparisons across the tabs of each candidate, it became clear. I think to the sheriff that there were six candidates in particular that were higher in level of awareness or support, perhaps in dollars earned. That'd be a question better for him. I'll text them after this segment as a matter of fact, or maybe you can as well.
Speaker 2: But let's think that's how he came to this.
Speaker 1: For the record, I don't disagree that these are the top six.
Speaker 2: I want to be clear about that.
Speaker 1: I think that these are the clear name I d well recognized, you know, candidates for the GUP nomination and I think they made the right choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, if you had all six candidates participating, this is going to be like a WWE battle. Royale and Mandy and yours truly being the referees, It's gonna be a lot of fun and it should be. And you know, the candidates get in there and they mix it up. This is what American politics is all about. And it gives the people a chance to make up their own minds, bet these candidates for themselves.
Speaker 2: And put them through the ring.
Speaker 3: Because you know, darn well, Mandy and I cleaned up my language just for you that whether it's Kyle Clark at nine News or the rest of the industry media statewide, or Michael Bennett, there is going to be a reckoning for our Republican nominee. And I say that myself a Republican. I know you may not be at this point, but that you got to be able to prove your merit and your metal in that kind of atmosphere and surroundings. And I think the best candidate that have emerges for that debate could get a leg up in the race.
Speaker 2: Amen to that.
Speaker 1: You can see Ryan and I there January tenth, I put a link on the blog today at mandy'sblog dot com to get your tickets, but get them soon. They are actually selling very very quickly, and they are free. Ryan Showling, good to see you man, Good to see you.